Ito Hideaki

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
Laurenski

Ito Hideaki

Post by Laurenski » Aug 14th, '07, 05:21

I'm really surprised that after looking through all the pages I didn't see one thread for him (if I missed it I apologize). I know i'm not the only fan he has here...I mean after all, he is Ito Hideaki!

Name: 伊藤英明
Name (romaji): Ito Hideaki
Profession: Actor
Birthdate: 1975-Aug-03
Birthplace: Gifu, Japan
Height: 181cm
Weight: 69kg
Star sign: Leo
Blood type: O
Talent agency: A-Team (http://www.ateam-japan.com)

TV Shows
First Kiss (Fuji TV, 2007)
Wachigaiya Itosato (TBS, 2007)
Kodoku no Kake (TBS, 2007)
Akechi Mitsuhide (Fuji TV, 2007)
Bengoshi no Kuzu (TBS, 2006)
Umizaru (Fuji TV, 2005)
Kyumei Byoto 24 Ji 3 (Fuji TV, 2005, SP)
Kunitori Monogatari (TV Tokyo, 2005)
Atsuki Yume no hi (Fuji TV, 2004)
Shiroi Kyoto (Fuji TV, 2003)
Boku no Mahou Tsukai (NTV, 2003)
Toshiie to Matsu (NHK, 2002)
Mayonaka no Ame (TBS, 2002)
Ai to Shihon Shugi (WOWOW, 2003)
Namahousou wa Tomaranai (TV Asahi, 2003)
Akahige (Fuji TV, 2002)
Tentai Kansoku (Fuji TV, 2002)
Koi wo Nannen Yasundemasu ka (TBS, 2001)
Le Parfum De La Jaolusie (TV Asahi, 2001, guest)
Kyumei Byoto 24 Ji 2 (Fuji TV, 2001)
Joshiana (Fuji TV, 2001)
Baka Sankyodai (Fuji TV, 2001)
Ai wo Kudasai (Fuji TV, 2000)
Yasha (TV Asahi, 2000)
Yamada Ikka no Shinbou (TBS, 1999)
Out (Fuji TV, 1999)
Over Time (Fuji TV, 1999)
Boy Hunt (Fuji TV, 1998)
Ai Tokidoki Uso (NTV, 1998)
Dessin (NTV, 1997)
Odoru Daisousasen (Fuji TV, 1997)

Movies
Sukiyaki Western Django (2007)
Limit of Love Umizaru (Umizaru 2) (2006)
Kono Mune Ippai no Ai wo / A Heartful Love (2005)
Umizaru (2004)
Onmyoji 2 (2003)
Kasei Gishi Den (2003)
Shurayuki Hime (2001)
Onmyoji (2001)
Love Song (2001)
Blister (2000)
Crossfire (2000)
Himitsu (1999)

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Aug 20th, '07, 05:06

Here's some random pictures.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

dancing_moo

Post by dancing_moo » Aug 20th, '07, 05:10

Ooo pictures! I liked him a lot in Yasha. =D

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 20th, '07, 12:12

dancing_moo wrote:Ooo pictures! I liked him a lot in Yasha. =D
:cheers: finally someone mentioned Yasha !!! :cheers:

didn't know he was that busy as an actor :goggle: that's for sure a long drama list..Only watched Yasha and now First Kiss with him. two pretty diffrent parts.. but he showed his comedian side in Yasha as the one brother a bit before, ne? ^-^ Didn't like his look as the one brother in Yasha but it did fit perfect then.. and now in First Kiss.. hilarious :mrgreen:

lzydata

Post by lzydata » Aug 21st, '07, 13:40

If there's one show or shows people will remember Ito Hideaki by, it has to be Umizaru. I imagine his portrayal of Senzaki did wonders for Japan Coast Guard recruitment. There's also the wacky Kudo Kankuro comedy in 2003 Boku no Mahoutsukai.

Some months ago I saw him in an interview together with Hasegawa Kyoko for Kodoku no Kake, and when the announcer was trying to help them drum up buzz for that drama - "the audience will like it, blah blah blah" - and he said that on the contrary they may fall asleep. And what do you know, he was right. (I watched only two episodes, but I don't believe it became any better.) Therefore my impression of him is a guy who says it as it is. Of course, I could be wrong, since that was just a moment.

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Aug 21st, '07, 19:48

^ I agree with you there. So far I think his most high profile role has definetly been the Umizaru series, so it only makes sense that people would remember him as Senzaki Daisuke and plus, the story is one that kind of appeals to all types of people unlike some others he's done like Kodoku no Kake or Blister.

Yeah, I watched all of Kodoku no Kake and it didn't get much better until the last couple episodes. I'm surprised he would say that but I like that honest quality in him. He probably knew no matter what he said people weren't gonna respond really well to that show, i bet he was kicking himself after he signed on to star in that. But at least he's got a lot of credibility to his name, so he'll be fine.

tsubasa0001

Post by tsubasa0001 » Aug 21st, '07, 23:40

always been lurking around but never find the urge to register until saw Laurenski's call in FK's thread. :P

liked him after watchin his performance in Yasha and Ai o kudasai~ since the, wouldn't miss out anything that he starr in....

love to meet others who like him~~ will come back and check more often. :wub:

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Aug 22nd, '07, 01:37

Glad you decided to join tsubasa! It's nice to see another hardcore Hideaki fan here. I've made so many Hideaki threads in other forums and pretty much all of them were empty so I'm happy to hear you'll stick around! :cheers:

Same here, I first saw him in Yasha. Fell in love :wub: and then had to see every drama he's been in before that and after, but sadly not many come with subtitles and some are really hard to find, but eventually I wanna own or at least see all of his works.

anime1otaku

Post by anime1otaku » Aug 22nd, '07, 02:00

yasha was awesome! addicting with a little hint of shounen-ai here and there. i cried the whole time i was watching it.

tsubasa0001

Post by tsubasa0001 » Aug 22nd, '07, 02:42

Lauren, thx for the welcoming... hehehe

Yasha sure held a special place in the heart of Hide's fans... :lol
it was really well-made dorama, from story, cast, music to visuals. really breathtaking for those who love a little sci-fi dark hero taste. ..... still bring tears in my eyes when I listen to Sting's Desert Rose sometimes... XD

I studied a bit of Jap. in school so usually I'll even try watchin non-sub works.. so I guess everyone here only watches Eng. subs?

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Aug 22nd, '07, 04:59

^ I'm surprised you both cried during Yasha. I mean, it was sad but I was nowhere near crying. Maybe that's because I didn't get the ending the first time i watched it :lol . (No worries though, I got it once I re-watched the last episode)

Yasha was the first one I watched but it wasn't my favorite. Sure I loved it because it introduced me to him and he was in every scene as not only one but two hot characters but I'm not really into the whole sci-fi and the shounen ai/yaoi thing is a big turn off for me. As a straight girl, I want my guys to be straight and I don't know why but I seem to be the only one who thinks that way.

The Umizaru series is possibly my favorite thing he's done or at least stands out the most because I'm a real sucker for those type of stories. Sure, they're cliche and you know how it's going to end right from the beginning but there still entertaining and they're still something great about seeing them get through the hardships and have a happy ending. (even though his buddies died, so I guess not too happy in this case...)

Well, I did study a little Japanese but I mainly can just read it rather than understand it. I do watch RAWS though, mainly because I'm impatient but I would definetly prefer english subs

tsubasa0001

Post by tsubasa0001 » Aug 22nd, '07, 06:21

:whistling:
don't get me wrong i never treated this as a shounen ai drama but as a sci-fi drama.... I didn't find the first four episodes interesting until Rin starts showing his real nature...

Umizaru is not a bad series but I got to the point where I really wish Hideaki can play a different role in a new drama/movie. It was really long time for me~~~ for 2 yrs or so, I can only see Senzaki. XD

I wouldn't say Yasha is my favourite drama by him... it just can't be replace by others. :mrgreen: There are always a new favourable one (except Kodoku no Kake... the story was really really really badly written and directed) comes when he starts a new drama/movie. My favourite at the moment of course goes to Kazu-ni from First Kiss... :wub:

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Aug 22nd, '07, 18:07

Yeah I understand what you're saying, it could get tiresome to just see the same storyline, but I really liked his character and that type of story. And you gotta admit, when he was in any of the 3 Umizaru's he was looking real good, I mean he always looks good but he was all tan and had his shirt off... or was in the shower in that series (ok getting a little fangirly here) but yeah can't help it if I find that one more visually satisfying :)

but he was in Kono mune Ippai no Ai Wo & Kunitori Monogatari during the umizaru time period, so there's something.

For me I go in spurts of which I really wanna watch, like one week it's Blister and then Shiroi Kyoto and then it's Bengoshi No Kuzu or Love Song and so on. You know as bad as Kodoku no Kake was, I still find myself watching it and I even bought the dvds, the script and direction was bad, but there's just something about Hideaki's portrayal of his character that just makes up for all of it in a way.

First Kiss is really cute, I don't think it's the best drama this season or deserved the time slot it's in, but it's still good. Not being biased here (or at least trying) but I think Kazu & the roomates really make the show, the rest of the storyline with Mio and the doctor really don't do anything for me, but those guys keep me interested.

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Aug 23rd, '07, 22:41

Sukiyaki Western: Django had a test screening recently, here's some pics from that. Credit to Shin77's blog at pixnet.

There were some more that i could put up later

tsubasa0001

Post by tsubasa0001 » Aug 24th, '07, 04:20

I have no complaints on Umizaru's storyline, it's just that I want to see him play a wider range of characters. His hardwork made towards the series is no doubt the best thing abt it...heheee.

I don't think I would ever finish watching Kodoku w/o Hideaki in it... a bit of shame that Chigusa's character didn't get the focus of the drama... instead it got shifted and based on Momoko mainly, which wasn't what they originally promote at the start of the drama. :pale:

Agree the story of First Kiss isn't really exciting~ plot developing really really slo... but the threesome BAKAs are da best!!! I love watching Kazu & Mio too~ they looked just like real bro-sis~

:lol

tsubasa0001

Post by tsubasa0001 » Aug 24th, '07, 04:24

two streaming media covering Django's test screening on Aug. 21 8)

download while still can.. i think it will only be online until Aug. 30 according the biglobe's news media site.

mms://jiji.wmt.biglobe.ne.jp/jiji_wf/bbtop/wmv/g070843n.wmv (37mb)

mms://kyodo.wmt.biglobe.ne.jp/kyodo_wf/bbtop/KY_20070822143456.1000.wmv (47mb)

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Aug 24th, '07, 15:22

^Thanks very much! I only saw one of these on yahoo japan or something and it could only be viewed by people in Japan, so I'm thankful for these!

but can you really download them?

tsubasa0001

Post by tsubasa0001 » Aug 24th, '07, 15:25

yup~~ d/led them no problem for me.
use either Flashget or Nettransport
copy and paste those url into the program, they should take care of the rest :P

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Aug 24th, '07, 17:13

oh ok, never heard of them before. I'll give it a try, Thank you!

tikklles

Post by tikklles » Aug 25th, '07, 07:01

i don't know much of him but i have seen a few of his work and i admit he is a great actor....

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Aug 28th, '07, 03:29

^ yep, he is very talented

Here's some more pictures. They're really random I've got tons of pics so I'll just upload a few at a time.
ImageImage
ImageImage

tsubasa0001

Post by tsubasa0001 » Sep 6th, '07, 04:33

been a bit lazy lately coming on here... XD

Well.... apparently, Ito is attending 64th Venice International Film Fest.. his Sept. schedule probably gonna be real tight. since FK is still ongoing and Sukiyaki Western Django is screening on Sept. 15 nation-wide in Japan. here are a whole bunch of news about him in Venice.

http://cinematoday.jp/page/N0011413
http://www.nikkansports.com/entertainme ... 52081.html
http://cinematoday.jp/page/N0011424
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/entertainment/ ... ?from=navr
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/entertainmen ... T00091.htm
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/entertainmen ... T00049.htm
http://www.chunichi.co.jp/s/article/200 ... 00229.html

Slideshow of Editorial Pictures collected from Gettyimages & Viewimages
Last edited by tsubasa0001 on Sep 6th, '07, 04:47, edited 1 time in total.

tsubasa0001

Post by tsubasa0001 » Sep 6th, '07, 04:42

Laurenski wrote: Image
:wub:
oooooooh... never thought i would see my magazine scan here... XD

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Sep 6th, '07, 04:47

I don't fangirl Ito Hideaki as much as I would like to......but he did an amazing job with his portrayal as twins in "Yasha".

Sci-fi shounen manga like "Yasha" aren't really my thing, so I was really surprised when I was hooked onto the drama after the first episode.

I see a great listing of his credentials in the first post and I'm ashamed to admit, I've only watched about 4 of his jdoramas (those that are available on D-A tracker of course). Okay, counting "First Kiss", I would say 5 but although I've downloaded the first 3 episodes, I haven't gotten around to watching it. Maybe in a month when I return home from my hiatus. I hear good ratings and reviews of "First Kiss" so I hope it won't be disappointing int he very least. :)

tsubasa0001

Post by tsubasa0001 » Sep 6th, '07, 04:53

the plot development of First Kiss isn't very fast pace
but the cast have been showing off some really gooooood performances (in my eyes). hehehee

tsubasa0001

Post by tsubasa0001 » Sep 6th, '07, 17:52

Sukiyaki Western Django's open press in Venice

video taken from Sina

http://gz2.dhot.v.iask.com/f/1/86851dbd ... 489763.flv (46MB)

to play .flv files, simply use either mplayer or kmplayer~ these player already includes a decoder for flv and many other video codecs XD

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Sep 6th, '07, 20:12

tsubasa0001 wrote:
Laurenski wrote: :wub:
wait who are you? I mean, are you on any chinese boards or something?

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Sep 6th, '07, 20:14

oops double post :P
Last edited by Laurenski on Sep 6th, '07, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Sep 6th, '07, 20:18

Thanks for the links Tsubasa! I watched the press video. I can't believe that one guy cut him off before he could answer the question! but he just laughed it off, so cute!
here's another article about the Venice film festival, in english this time. Seems things didn't go over so well with the crtics... but I never agree with them anyway! XD

http://www.japan-zone.com/news/2007/09/ ... ival.shtml

and about first kiss, yeah I think the story itself is a little lackluster but the acting is good, definetly the main thing the drama has going for it. It's worth watching

and here's a little review, nothing about Hideaki's performance but it's worth a read.

tsubasa0001

Post by tsubasa0001 » Sep 6th, '07, 23:37

Laurenski wrote:
tsubasa0001 wrote:
Laurenski wrote: :wub:
wait who are you? I mean, are you on any chinese boards or something?
it's a small world ... hehe
i do hang around on most of the chinese boards/guestbook too~ :P
calpiswater & 翼~ usually are the names that i go by :lol

tsubasa0001

Post by tsubasa0001 » Sep 6th, '07, 23:40

big version of some editorial pictures posted in slideshow above

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Sep 8th, '07, 00:37

tsubasa0001 wrote: it's a small world ... hehe
i do hang around on most of the chinese boards/guestbook too~ :P
calpiswater & 翼~ usually are the names that i go by :lol
oh yeah I've seen you before! I don't actually post anywhere because I don't know Chinese but that doesn't stop me from looking around. Plus i sometimes get my friend to help me. Thank god for those forums though, it's really hard to find anything about him though especially with everything on his site being member only

LilyPop!

Post by LilyPop! » Sep 8th, '07, 00:52

wow he's been in a lot of stuff. i only know him from First Kiss and i sometimes dont like how his character behaves there.

i'll try watching some of his other dramas...any suggestions??

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Sep 8th, '07, 01:09

LilyPop! wrote:wow he's been in a lot of stuff. i only know him from First Kiss and i sometimes dont like how his character behaves there.

Well, Umizaru is probably one of his most famous works, but that's a movie, drama and then another movie so you might not have time for that. Most people liked Yasha a lot, if you're into the really funny & goofy dramas he was in Bengoshi no Kuzu and he actually won best supporting actor for that. If you're looking for dramas to watch online, Tentai Kansoku was good and is on youtube and crunchyroll. Not sure if you need them or not but a lot of his dramas are pretty hard to find with english subtitles so I'd pretty much just take what you could get.

Wachigaiya Itosato website is up with a full on gallery and his interview (not sure for how long it's been but I just saw it now). I gotta say, I'm not really into the Hideaki & Aya pairing
http://www.tbs.co.jp/itosato/

tsubasa0001

Post by tsubasa0001 » Sep 8th, '07, 17:56

Laurenski wrote: oh yeah I've seen you before! I don't actually post anywhere because I don't know Chinese but that doesn't stop me from looking around. Plus i sometimes get my friend to help me. Thank god for those forums though, it's really hard to find anything about him though especially with everything on his site being member only
yup~ that's why I started hanging around chinese forum/guestbook/communities. it's not easy to keep a site running and updated. there also used to be a lot more Ito's fan sites in japan b4 his management company shut them down due the whole imagery copyright thing. :-(

not very fond of his official site, updates are too slow. nowadays I probably checks his 2ch discussion thread for updates XD

tsubasa0001

Post by tsubasa0001 » Sep 8th, '07, 18:17

LilyPop! wrote:wow he's been in a lot of stuff. i only know him from First Kiss and i sometimes dont like how his character behaves there.

Ai Tokidoki Uso (1998) - this is the drama that start to grab many ppl's hearts and get them notice Hideaki in Japan. the mix of pureness and devilish of 千里(char. name) shines brightly~ this is also the first drama that Matsumoto Yasuko from First Kiss and Hideaki worked togther.

Yasha (2000) - his first and ever take on two main roles. a high IQ, genetic-modified twins. great watch as a whole. the music, direction and story is packaged quite beautifully. XD some fans consider this as Hideaki's personal promo drama.. haha

like Laurenski said Umizaru series is good watch too~ for many reasons. story wise wouldn't be the best but other factors make the series worth its popularity. hehe

for comedy, go for Bengoshi no Kuzu, and Boku no Mahoutsukai.

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Sep 8th, '07, 21:40

Can anyone help me play the game on Sukiyaki Western Django's site? I want to play it but the instructions are in Japanese and there's no way I can figure that out.

tsubasa0001

Post by tsubasa0001 » Sep 9th, '07, 04:20

Laurenski wrote:Can anyone help me play the game on Sukiyaki Western Django's site? I want to play it but the instructions are in Japanese and there's no way I can figure that out.
it's a typing game, basically just type the line. one who finish typing the line the first, the other will take a damage. 8)

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Sep 9th, '07, 16:16

tsubasa0001 wrote: it's a typing game, basically just type the line. one who finish typing the line the first, the other will take a damage. 8)
Yeah that's what i was doing, but nothing happens. and i know I finsihed first too.

tsubasa0001

Post by tsubasa0001 » Sep 9th, '07, 16:44

Laurenski wrote:
tsubasa0001 wrote: it's a typing game, basically just type the line. one who finish typing the line the first, the other will take a damage. 8)
Yeah that's what i was doing, but nothing happens. and i know I finsihed first too.
I think you have to win 5 times to kill off the opponent. then it will advance to next stage. :-)

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Sep 9th, '07, 17:55

tsubasa0001 wrote: I think you have to win 5 times to kill off the opponent. then it will advance to next stage. :-)
Yeah but it's so weird cuz I keep typing all the words and know I always win but nothing happens. Oh well, I think I'm gonna stop trying now :salut:

tsubasa0001

Post by tsubasa0001 » Sep 14th, '07, 03:42

CinemaToday posted an interview of Ito about Sukiyaki Western Django

http://cinematoday.jp/page/A0001501

mostly talking about his role as Gunman; there's a clip of the interview too~

http://cinematoday.jp/flipclip/A0001501

I uploaded to a free hosting space for those who want to collect it

DL link here: http://www.mediafire.com/?7xchsq52fgo

tsubasa0001

Post by tsubasa0001 » Sep 14th, '07, 15:49

Found these on Biglobe's movie section promoting Sukiyaki Western Django~ download/view them directly with these links:

233MB, 三池崇史's Interview
mms://cinem.wmt.biglobe.ne.jp/cinem_wf/jango/jango_interview_miike_3M.wmv

197MB, Sukiyaki Western Django in Venice
mms://cinem.wmt.biglobe.ne.jp/cinem_wf/jango/jango_moviefes_venezia_3M.wmv

97MB, 堺雅人's Interview
mms://cinem.wmt.biglobe.ne.jp/cinem_wf/jango/jango_interview_sakai_3M.wmv

Hope they'll put up Ito's interview soon...hehee

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Sep 16th, '07, 04:53

Thanks so much Tsubasa! (ha I keep wanting to call you Calpiswater)
Man, what would I do without ya, I'd never be able to find those with my lack of language skills and all.
Anyway, you know I'm noticing a similar outfit recently. The white shirt and black vest, it looks like he wore it to both the sukiyaki test screening and the premiere recently. And then he also wore a black vest in Venice (but switched it up with a blue shirt that time) Wow, the man really likes vests doesn't he XD Ok with me though, he looks good in 'em. Also, this man's got some nice jewelry, rings especially. I've been noticing that lately.

becky_49

Post by becky_49 » Sep 16th, '07, 12:54

Just watched Sukiyaki at the Toronto filmfest last night. It was very very good! Super hilarious and Ito was very dashing as a cowboy! It was kinda strange watching a Japanese movie with the actors speaking in English, but totally funny at the same time. I'd love to see it again when it comes out in theatres or on DVD.

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Sep 16th, '07, 15:41

I'm glad to hear you liked it, I wish I could see it soon but I'll have to wait a long time for that. So, now that you've seen it how would you say Hideaki's english was in it. I know it obviously won't be top notch but I'm just curious since I know he doesn't speak it.

becky_49

Post by becky_49 » Sep 17th, '07, 00:16

I didn't find his English terrible, but he didn't really speak that much in the movie to begin with. More of the 'cool cowboy' character - less talk, more action type. And also, there were English subtitles at the bottom of the screen. Usually if they place subtitles I'd read it anyway, even though I completely understand the language. But all in all, it wasn't as bad as I thought and I think it rose the humour up a notch since it was all in English.

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Sep 18th, '07, 02:43

Oh ok, that's good. I really can't wait to see it.

and what's with the story about him being drunk in Venice? I used an online translator and nothing ever makes sense with those, but after seeing a couple articles I think that's what they were about...

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Sep 25th, '07, 22:29

Here's a quick little article about the whole drunk thing, doesn't really say much but it's something.
http://tnp.sg/show/story/0,4136,142324,00.html
in this takashi miike article about his time in venice, there's a little talk about Hideaki.
http://www.midnighteye.com/features/tak ... ival.shtml
and then here's a pretty in depth review of Sukiyaki Western Django
http://www.midnighteye.com/reviews/suki ... ango.shtml

lavenderskye

Post by lavenderskye » Oct 2nd, '07, 06:02

I'm obsessed with Hideaki Ito now...well, not really obsessed, but he's HOT! He's definitely underrated as an actor and for his hotness :wub:

I'm watching Kodoku no Kake and since there weren't any English subs, I searched and found Chinese subs. It seemed promising at first, but then the story just went all over the place. I'm still going to finish it because of him and I do like Kyoko Hasegawa...we'll see if it gets any better. He looks mighty fine in his suits in the drama though :mrgreen:

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Oct 22nd, '07, 02:44

You have a good point, he is Very underrated in terms of Hotness! I think he's the best looking man I've ever seen, but whenever anyone else mentions him it's usually like oh yeah he's a good actor but I liked -enter younger actor's name here-. It's such a shame. I guess Kimura Takuya is the only older guy who gets a lot of love at least from the type of girls i talk to, that's mainly the idol fangirls.

I watched all of Kodoku no Kake without subs and even then i could tell it kinda went in the wrong direction. I kept watching it though cuz he was really good in it, and i liked his character. he was hot as the jerk of the show. I thought it got better in the end actually, and yeah the suits...very nice. He cleans up well, but I gotta say I'm glad he didn't keep that hairstyle for too long. haha

wuff

Post by wuff » Apr 7th, '08, 18:17

wow! i am a big fan of him and i haven't noticed that he has got a thread... :roll

i think he was so cute in First Kiss, he played the older brother very well, but at the beginning of the drama i thought he would be the boyfriend... :P

i am sad because this thread became abandoned... :cry: most of the people are not able to realise his charm...

by the way i would like to share with you my favourite pics of him. :mrgreen:

Image (THE BEST PIC!)

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Apr 12th, '08, 19:27

Hi wuff! yeah this thread has become a little abandoned I guess since he hasn't been around as much and I guess he doesn't have so many fans at D-addicts, but that's ok because I'm still here :)

...well, actually he has been around and working lately just smaller projects that don't get as much press, but he has another big blockbuster movie coming out by the end of the year so we have that to look forward to!

wuff

Post by wuff » Apr 13th, '08, 06:15

Laurenski wrote:I guess he doesn't have so many fans at D-addicts, but that's ok because I'm still here :)
and me, too! :D
Laurenski wrote:...well, actually he has been around and working lately just smaller projects that don't get as much press, but he has another big blockbuster movie coming out by the end of the year so we have that to look forward to!

new movie??? OMG! What fantastic news! Thanks a lot! This year is full of surprises and good things... :P And what kind of movie will it be? Comedy, drama, action, romance?

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Apr 13th, '08, 18:45

wuff wrote:new movie??? OMG! What fantastic news! Thanks a lot! This year is full of surprises and good things... :P And what kind of movie will it be? Comedy, drama, action, romance?
The movie should come out around about October...or December I think. It's one of those two, and it's called 252: Seizonsha Ari, and guess what....It's another Coast Guard Movie! He plays a rescuer again. I think it's funny because while he was promoting Sukiyaki Western, he was like "From now on I'm only going to do interesting movies like this, no more of that Umizaru stuff." and then he goes and does a movie exactly like it :lol That's ok though, I really liked umizaru and we all know he loves diving and being in water, so as long as he's happy it's good. Oh and he has a daughter in this movie, I don't think I've ever seen him act as a dad before, even though he's dad age. I look forward to that.

lavenderskye

Post by lavenderskye » Apr 14th, '08, 08:43

Thanks Laurenski for the update! Can't wait to watch it! What other small projects is he doing?

That's too funny...he's playing a coast guard again, although I haven't seen Umizaru 1 or 2, or the drama...hehe ~ still getting around to it :mrgreen:

Do you recommend watching the drama version of Umizaru?

wuff

Post by wuff » Apr 14th, '08, 08:56

Umizaru is a very good movie, because it is not the common, everyday life, drama, romantic movie. It touched my heart when I first watched it. He is so cool, handsome in these movies. :D XD

Woah, it is fantastic that he is going to play a Daddy in his new movie!!! I think he looks like a typical young father. :mrgreen: and in this way he will play (act) a new role...

Is Sukiyaki Western worth to watch it? Because the pics, which I have seen from it weren't so nice... :crazy: (blood and so on...)

lavenderskye

Post by lavenderskye » Apr 14th, '08, 09:37

wuff ~ Thanks for sharing the pics!

Yeah, I haven't watched "Sukiyaki Western Django" yet...I'm also curious to see if it's any good or not :unsure:

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Apr 14th, '08, 18:07

lavenderskye - Yeah I think you should watch the Drama Umizaru Revolution, I think it's actually my favorite part of the series.

And I watched Sukiyaki Western Django and I liked it a lot. I thought he looked really hot in it, and his english was really cute!

Oh and for smaller projects that he's done lately, he did Earth Odessey, a program where a celeb goes to a different part of the world and educates us about it. He went to Hawaii (the same as he did in 2006 with Planet Blue) and swam with whales, he was so excited! It was adorable! And he just recently did Yonimo Kimyona Monogatari 2008, it's a program every year about weird events that happen. I think 6 celebs were in it this year, they each had I think a half hour segment, Hideaki's was the first one and it was really good. I liked it a lot. Plus, it's recent so you can see how he looks more recently since he hasn't been in any major dramas or movies lately. It's up on youtube so you guys should watch it. The only thing is it isn't subbed but I still think it's worth watching, since there's actually not too much dialogue and it's easy to figure out.

gifttamaito

Post by gifttamaito » Jun 4th, '08, 11:39

I really like him very very much.At first time I saw him in Umizaru,his body is very good.I want to say that I am falling in love him. I would like to have his pic more than this . Please post more pic for me
help me please!(My english is very bad If I miss anything ,I apologize)
[/img]

jadenguyen2008

Post by jadenguyen2008 » Jan 7th, '09, 07:15

Hei, so glad to know that lots of fan luv him like me. I fell in love with him in Yasha, and then go on First Kiss, Umizaru (drama) and waiting for 252 (or whaterver).

Minasan, please tell me where to see Umizaru Movie version, thanks

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Jan 22nd, '09, 02:28

It's been such a long time! I really wish this thread could've remained active, I have lots more to post :)

Any fans around?

jadenguyen2008

Post by jadenguyen2008 » Jan 23rd, '09, 13:00

i love to have Ito kun information. plz share!

Sanari

Post by Sanari » Jan 23rd, '09, 21:22

I am a big fan and would be very grateful if you continue to share information!

First saw him in Onmyoji some years back (which pretty much intoduced me to Japan) and absolutely fell in love with him. After that I gradually sought out almost all the movies he was in and about half of his drama list. He's really enjoyable in Yasha, especially as Rin. He's nice as Oda Nobunaga, adoring as Haruki in Himitsu and a pure romantic in Princess Blade. He's touching in Crossfire and so crazy in Blister. :) And he's a bright and promising young man in Umizaru. And he's nice and non-ordinary in Bengoshi no Kuzu!
Didn't like him in Sukiyaki Western, though I suppose half the blame should fall onto Miike-san - he was the one shaping out roles and making actors play what he wanted.

I'm glad that he came in close contact with Sato Koichi-san and hope this friendship will do him much good.

Impatiently waiting for Keikan no chi (only two weeks left there!) and, after seeing the trailer, waiting for Kamui gaiden where our favourite Ito-san seems to play a very contrasting role.

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Jan 25th, '09, 00:14

Sanari wrote:I am a big fan and would be very grateful if you continue to share information!

First saw him in Onmyoji some years back (which pretty much intoduced me to Japan) and absolutely fell in love with him. After that I gradually sought out almost all the movies he was in and about half of his drama list. He's really enjoyable in Yasha, especially as Rin. He's nice as Oda Nobunaga, adoring as Haruki in Himitsu and a pure romantic in Princess Blade. He's touching in Crossfire and so crazy in Blister. :) And he's a bright and promising young man in Umizaru. And he's nice and non-ordinary in Bengoshi no Kuzu!
Didn't like him in Sukiyaki Western, though I suppose half the blame should fall onto Miike-san - he was the one shaping out roles and making actors play what he wanted.

I'm glad that he came in close contact with Sato Koichi-san and hope this friendship will do him much good.

Impatiently waiting for Keikan no chi (only two weeks left there!) and, after seeing the trailer, waiting for Kamui gaiden where our favourite Ito-san seems to play a very contrasting role.
Oh good, I'm happy people are here! Now we can breathe some life into this thread once again :)

Nice to meet you Sanari, you seem like a real fan! Most people I see always know him from either First Kiss or Umizaru. I, like you have followed his career for some time. I agree with you on all your opinions, except I think Sukiyaki Western wasn't that bad. I thought he did alright, but it was a very demanding role and the whole plot was a little odd and maybe not the most well thought out. I think you really need to appreciate westerns to really enjoy the movie thoroughly, but I thought it was alright.

I'm also very excited for Keikan no Chi coming up and of course Kamui looks very good. I really am liking Hideaki's appearance in this movie, very cool.

Here's some insight on 252, with a lot of background information and interviews with the cast in its entirety, all of them which mention a little something about Ito. Everybody seems to really like him!

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2009 ... ion-notes/

Sanari

Post by Sanari » Jan 27th, '09, 19:22

Glad to meet you too, Laurenski! It's great that you're still here and wanting to share information.

Thank you very much for the link! Everything there is very interesting and helping to understand, to delve deeper into the movie and Ito-san's character. It was a pleasurable surprise to learn that he was the one who made the movie roll. The story of "just a gift" is absolutely wonderful :)

It seems to me that he's growing from "a young actor who does what he's told" into someone very real and strong in what he's doing.

As for Sukiyaki Western... well, it was as strange as any of Miike-san's works, where things are turned upside down and inside out to throw people out of usual trail of thinking. It is a good work and appreciable one but - returning to Ito-san's role - the inside of usual western hero, the person who does not participate in overall action is somewhat frustrating. In this role Ito attracts no attention of those who didn't see him in other movies. This is what chagrines me. Because this individual is due to attract attention :)

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Jan 28th, '09, 02:12

Sanari wrote:Glad to meet you too, Laurenski! It's great that you're still here and wanting to share information.

Thank you very much for the link! Everything there is very interesting and helping to understand, to delve deeper into the movie and Ito-san's character. It was a pleasurable surprise to learn that he was the one who made the movie roll. The story of "just a gift" is absolutely wonderful :)

It seems to me that he's growing from "a young actor who does what he's told" into someone very real and strong in what he's doing.

As for Sukiyaki Western... well, it was as strange as any of Miike-san's works, where things are turned upside down and inside out to throw people out of usual trail of thinking. It is a good work and appreciable one but - returning to Ito-san's role - the inside of usual western hero, the person who does not participate in overall action is somewhat frustrating. In this role Ito attracts no attention of those who didn't see him in other movies. This is what chagrines me. Because this individual is due to attract attention :)
Yeah I know, that whole article was really nice. Everybody had such nice things to say about him. I was really surprised that this movie was actually made FOR HIM, I had no idea! I think that's so adorable. I agree with you very much, he seems now to be a much more respected actor who is confident in his talent and his abilties, rather than just some pretty face who plays the supporting character or love interest. It's really nice to see him grow as an actor. Oh and I especially liked the quote of Ito's in his prime, from the article. It's so true!

I see what you're saying. I was excited for him to star in a Miike film because of the promotion they always get overseas and how they seem to already have a built in following, but this one didn't do much for him. Hideaki was kind of overlooked even though he was starring, because I think he was overshadowed by the more eccentric characters who seemed to go over better with viewers and critics. I went through exactly what you're talking about. I'd read reviews and blogs about Sukiyaki Western but there would hardly be any mention of him! It was so annoying. I wish he had more fans, I think even in the Japanese industry, he's a bit underrated, even though he may be popular.

Sanari

Post by Sanari » Jan 29th, '09, 19:15

Agreed!

I have some photos to share. Most of them are from Ito-san's official site but some are not and I'm not quite sure where I found them. They weren't posted here before as far as I know. So...

In violin practice is everything.

They are both so cute - he and his dog :)

Lightsaber is a thing that anyone can try but not everybody can handle :)

It is said there was once a Japanese movie telling the story of Rolling Stones. The lawers sued television company on this matter and thus the movie isn't available anymore. This is what is was left of it: Ito-san as Keith Richards.

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Jan 31st, '09, 06:16

Thanks Sanari :)

I seriously hate his official site, and how you have to pay for almost EVERYTHING! I did have a membership on there once but I think it expired, but I know they were having problems with the login for a while so maybe that was it too. But I miss having a membership, M's blog was so nice and the galleries too. At least wallpaper is still free. His dog is cute, isn't it named Mogu or something like that. Does that mean anything?

Oh i had no idea about this Rolling Stones thing. That's so interesting! How long ago was that? To me, it barely looks like him but maybe that's because he had to look like Keith, and because he's singing in it too.

Sanari

Post by Sanari » Feb 2nd, '09, 20:01

Oh, I know what you are talking about concerning his official site! I tried to get membership there half a year ago. But they redirected me to their provider where in polite Japanese I was told I have to live in Japan to get an account. Since I don't live there I could only shrug and go away.

Don't know if it's really named Mogu :) But if so, I guess, it means "pick up" - probably the dog is used to picking up everything in sight :)

This Rolling Stones thing was about three to four years ago if I'm not mistaken. And yeah, Ito-san barely looks like himself :) There are a couple of characteristically his features on this photo by which I recognised him before I found the line beneath the picture telling where it's taken from.

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Feb 3rd, '09, 02:15

Sanari wrote:Oh, I know what you are talking about concerning his official site! I tried to get membership there half a year ago. But they redirected me to their provider where in polite Japanese I was told I have to live in Japan to get an account. Since I don't live there I could only shrug and go away.

Don't know if it's really named Mogu :) But if so, I guess, it means "pick up" - probably the dog is used to picking up everything in sight :)

This Rolling Stones thing was about three to four years ago if I'm not mistaken. And yeah, Ito-san barely looks like himself :) There are a couple of characteristically his features on this photo by which I recognised him before I found the line beneath the picture telling where it's taken from.
Oh I don't live in Japan either but I got an account. I some girl from ebay to sign up for me haha.

That's such a shame that they couldn't air it. All that hard work for nothing :(. Yeah the jawline and cheekbones are pretty hard to miss on him, very dominant features :)

So I don't know if you've seen these, maybe because they came out like a month ago but here's some scans from his editorial in TARZAN magazine.

Photo from somebody's blog

Smaller version

Not too shabby haha :lol
I remember when he was young and used to be so skinny, those days are long gone!

Sanari

Post by Sanari » Feb 6th, '09, 18:51

Thanks a lot for these, didn't see them before :)

Yeah, "not too shabby" by far :) He's all 'grown up' now and thankfully no less good to look at :)

Funny that no matter how much his jawline and cheekbones are prominent sometimes he is very not like himself. I know a fan of his who didn't recognize him in this one :)

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Feb 7th, '09, 03:20

Sanari wrote:
Funny that no matter how much his jawline and cheekbones are prominent sometimes he is very not like himself. I know a fan of his who didn't recognize him in this one :)
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b119/ ... 90a.jpg[mg]
That's not him though. Isn't that Sato Koichi in Kamui Gaiden...

They showed all the characters besides Kamui in a close up shot once, and Ito's character is seen right before this guy and then later on in a group shot.

Sanari

Post by Sanari » Feb 7th, '09, 10:16

Oh well, I see! Then these two are taking more from each other than I thought :)

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Feb 8th, '09, 00:22

I don't really see a resemblence but that's ok haha.

Anyway, Keikan no Chi's first part should've aired today (I don't know the time difference between where I am and Japan but I think it should've aired), hopefully video will be available soon, I haven't seen any leaks or anything but I'm still looking.