Previously known as 일지매 / Iljimae
Genre: Historical, romance
Episodes: 24
Broadcast network: MBC
Broadcast period: 2009-Jan-21 to 2009
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55
Related Series: Iljimae, Il-Ji-Mae
24 episodes, Historical, Romance, 2008, MBC

The story is about a man fighting against the selfish and corrupt government to save the ordinary peasants. Starring Jung Il Woo, Yoon Jin Suh, Kim Min Jong and Jung Hye Young.

(credit: Dramawiki & Aja-Aja)

This is the MBC version of SBS' Iljimae !

THIS DRAMA IS UNSUBBED (anyone ? wanna try and let every1 see it ? please?! English subs are needed)

-----------------

The drama is doing very well, it's insert soungs are amazing and so is the scenery , it is directed by Goong's director , therefore expect a great drama

T

licce

Post by licce » Jan 23rd, '09, 23:44

I really love this drama!!!

hope someone will sub this....

kurodreams

Post by kurodreams » Jan 24th, '09, 16:15

its not that bad :O
the begining was pretty interesting.
i wished they'd make the whole thing in modern day tho ToT

kaze14

Post by kaze14 » Jan 25th, '09, 00:48

kurodreams wrote:its not that bad :O
the begining was pretty interesting.
i wished they'd make the whole thing in modern day tho ToT
same but if you think about it , then they'd lose points on story style...the fact that it's a sageuk makes it more interesting but if I'd love to see it in full modern type, since it would definately beat the SBS version, the story has a lot to offer so let's wait ...it might go back to the present in the end ...u never know

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Jan 25th, '09, 01:12

The 1st is ok but not that great. I hope this one is going to be better than the 1st :-)

Corona

Post by Corona » Jan 25th, '09, 02:08

I didn't enjoy the more fusion style Sageuk that SBS did, even though LJK was in it. But I'm really curious about this one. The screenshots I've seen so far looked nice! Would love to see this drama getting the attention it deserves

kaze14

Post by kaze14 » Jan 25th, '09, 02:45

Corona wrote:I didn't enjoy the more fusion style Sageuk that SBS did, even though LJK was in it. But I'm really curious about this one. The screenshots I've seen so far looked nice! Would love to see this drama getting the attention it deserves
Same, still can't believe no k-subbing team picked it up, kind off makes me hate SBS's version, since WITH S2 picked that up first >.< but ....well =(

besides it's jung ill-woo 's drama debut since he's done only a sitcom and apeared in 2 movies (?) with one as a main cast ..>.>

I hope ratings increase on Wednesday

Goodnessgracious

Post by Goodnessgracious » Jan 25th, '09, 02:46

Someone please sub this drama! The ratings are high, which means this drama is good and popular. I can't believe no one is subbing it.

sumire_chan

Post by sumire_chan » Jan 25th, '09, 04:13

I would really love to see this drama subbed! Please, someone!! :-(

getawayfrom

Post by getawayfrom » Jan 25th, '09, 04:53

by looking at the poster and title-- I thought it was a sequel to the first Iljimae but when i saw the video, it was different. It was set in modern day not the Chosun era I thought it was....I haven't seen the rest of it. I also read that withs2 is subbing this drama but for those of you who can't wait, watch it at viikii. They just started this and the first 2 parts are finished subbing.

Goodnessgracious

Post by Goodnessgracious » Jan 25th, '09, 05:23

getawayfrom wrote:by looking at the poster and title-- I thought it was a sequel to the first Iljimae but when i saw the video, it was different. It was set in modern day not the Chosun era I thought it was....I haven't seen the rest of it. I also read that withs2 is subbing this drama but for those of you who can't wait, watch it at viikii. They just started this and the first 2 parts are finished subbing.
withs2 are not subbing it

krazoom

Post by krazoom » Jan 25th, '09, 05:28

getawayfrom wrote:by looking at the poster and title-- I thought it was a sequel to the first Iljimae but when i saw the video, it was different. It was set in modern day not the Chosun era I thought it was....I haven't seen the rest of it. I also read that withs2 is subbing this drama but for those of you who can't wait, watch it at viikii. They just started this and the first 2 parts are finished subbing.
Where are you getting your sources from? I don't see anything on their wiki that says they're planning on subbing it.. If they were it would definitely have been posted there as a possible. or current

Corona

Post by Corona » Jan 25th, '09, 19:50

It's not a sequel and from what I know the entire series is not actually set in modern day Korea, but the first episode is supposed to show that the hero character of Iljimae is present in every generation.

KWillets

Post by KWillets » Jan 25th, '09, 20:06

This drama has been in development for several years. It predates the SBS version.

kaze14

Post by kaze14 » Jan 25th, '09, 20:27

Just to Confirm

WITH S2 is NOT subbing it , they always propose to sub a series couple of months before it's airing.
MBC did acquire the comic book version 's license and the drama was in development before the SBS version as KWillets said .

Viikii version is blurry but good.....though I am still hunting down a subbing team to take it.
-----------------------------------
EDIT if someone could do the timing on the ental version (srt format/softsub), I could do translation ! (with help from viikii) Unless anyone would be glad to translate and time >.<

Anyone up for it ?

Corona

Post by Corona » Jan 27th, '09, 03:25

Wish I could help out, but I don't have time nor the knowledge :o

angel's advocate

Post by angel's advocate » Feb 5th, '09, 18:05

for those of you that know chinese, there is a chinese subbed version on btchina. unfortunately it's not complete because they omit parts which they deem to 'malign' chinese history (i'll refrain from getting into a debate of how true this is). i haven't actually had time to sit down to watch it properly but i noticed that they didn't translate parts because they said that it was maligning chinese history.

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Feb 7th, '09, 10:00

Awww, no one is subbing this show. I hope someone subs it someday. I was a bit disappointed with SBS Iljimae so I though maybe this one would be better. But then again, MBC... This could be some overdramatic crap like always... Still, I wanna see it. The cast looks nice and story is interesting, I'm into historical dramas lately.

getawayfrom

Post by getawayfrom » Feb 10th, '09, 06:12

krazoom wrote:
Where are you getting your sources from? I don't see anything on their wiki that says they're planning on subbing it.. If they were it would definitely have been posted there as a possible. or current
Sorry, my mistake. I mistook THE IRON EMPRESS with this one. But if any of you are interested in watching this drama with subs, try viikii. They have the subs for a few episodes already. This drama is quite boring and draggy, no wonder no one want to sub it. I've watch the first 5 episodes and I couldn't hardly keep myself awake. I say this is as boring as STRONGEST CHIL WOO.

lucky_kiss

Post by lucky_kiss » Feb 10th, '09, 11:56

getawayfrom wrote:
Sorry, my mistake. I mistook THE IRON EMPRESS with this one. But if any of you are interested in watching this drama with subs, try viikii. They have the subs for a few episodes already. This drama is quite boring and draggy, no wonder no one want to sub it. I've watch the first 5 episodes and I couldn't hardly keep myself awake. I say this is as boring as STRONGEST CHIL WOO.
I agree with u, I just finished Ep3 & nothing encourage me to continue watching it.. Iljimae with Lee Junki was much better, I was really puzzled with at the first 2 Eps cuz the storyline was like running from one action to another without any links, it was like putting the scenes together without any relating that make the viewers in dilemma, that's why the new KBS drama Hateful But Once Again was able to beat the drama & get much high rating than Iljimae.. :-)

Elien

Post by Elien » Mar 14th, '09, 21:13

I watched Strongest Chil Woo and I don´t think that somethink can be as stupid as that one... If nothing, main lead in this is a cutie and knows how to move XD

Does anyone have the tracklist for the ost? I can´t found it romanized anywhere T_T

jepko01

Post by jepko01 » Mar 15th, '09, 13:42

Why did the torrents stop for Return to IIlJimae???

Basuha

Post by Basuha » Mar 15th, '09, 14:20

It really is a good drama, but it one of those drama you really need subs to really get the gest of it! I'm still watching it raw, when it complete on Vikki I will re watch if someone don't pick it up. WithS is doing Cain in Abel and I think that the BEST! because that Drama is GREAT! keep up the good work WITHS!

odessa

Post by odessa » Mar 16th, '09, 02:21

I am with others. I want to see this series. I hope someone will sub it. I read DramaBeans review to see what is going on.

4everU

Post by 4everU » Mar 16th, '09, 04:22

TO me its best to keep the one drama one, not to make another simliair one, specially giving it the same name! ILJIMAE WAS AWSOME AND ULITMATE! MAKIGN ANOTHER "ILJIMAE" thats not even the continuation, just kills the uniqueness of the Original Lee junki ILjimae which was very high rated! dont get me wrong, the actor in Return of iljimae is awsome and very cute, however the story line is not..its no fun too watch something with the similiar theme to a hit drama! I personaly think it kills the "real Iljimae."

they should have made another total differnt story! no similiarities wut so ever!

Basuha

They not that similiar

Post by Basuha » Mar 16th, '09, 12:20

IIjimae was ok, it lack a lot of things to be consider a good drama. I also don't consider it to be the original. Both network had the story, Return of IIijimae just decided to delay releasing they version for the obvious reason. The story is more different then the same and I appreciated it because your get to see a story written from a different aspect. I do hope someone pick it up, but if they don’t doesn’t’ mean the drama wasn’t worth it.

leesja

Post by leesja » Mar 16th, '09, 12:26

Haru2subS are subbing this - see wiki for status -

http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Haru2subS

dwr478

Post by dwr478 » Mar 17th, '09, 14:20

After seeing the first Episode of "Hateful" with subs from Haru2, I am anxiously awaiting subs for Return of Iljimae from them. The subs for "Hateful" were impressive. I will patiently wait for the subs to come as I know Haru2 is a new subbing squad and needs time to gather more members. I am sure they will welcome anyone who wants to help out. Meanwhile I will standby and wait for their fabulous work to come out. Thanks Haru2!!!

leesja

Post by leesja » Mar 21st, '09, 22:20

Well wait-no-more !!!!!!!!!!

HaruHaru has released the sub for episode 01 (.srt) -

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_72167.htm

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Mar 22nd, '09, 03:41

Looks like the rating for the drama is dropping.

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Aug 14th, '09, 22:19

I just started watching this and I haven't seen the other version, but I really love this drama. Cha Dol and Seon Dal make me laugh and I really like seeing Iljimae kick butt! :D I guess I'll never understand the need for those annoying characters like Wang Hyeong Bo, though. His meowing drives me up a wall. >_< I'm only up to episode 11 by now, but it's been a fun ride so far and I'm looking forward to the rest. Cheers! :salut:

petik

Post by petik » Aug 15th, '09, 10:12

Thank... :unsure: