Boys Before Flowers (KBS2) Korean version of "Meteor Ga

Discuss Korean drama series here.
amktsy

Post by amktsy » Feb 3rd, '09, 08:59

My favourite now is Ga Eul and Yi Jung part.They look great together.Although i know in episode 10 Yi Jung is breaking Ga Eul's heart,i'm sure this korean version will end it well.If i'm not wrong,this part is going to be the special of Korean version. :wub:

4everU

Post by 4everU » Feb 4th, '09, 05:09

XD..I am lovings this drama....Jun PYO IS freakin awsome and so is rest of the cast...XD cant wait for the next episodes.....

oh and i came across one of lee jun ki's photos....and i was like ....woooow...he really looks like he can be the main character of Boys before flowers...i think its the dark long clothes, and his hair...makes him look wealthy and U know "Domyoji like".....

what do u guys think.... :D
Attachments
black
black
black is cool.jpg (16.58 KiB) Viewed 3867 times

Skibblu

Re: well, my thoughts - watch as I enter tldr mode D:

Post by Skibblu » Feb 4th, '09, 06:31

pinkcandy wrote: And wait. Why is it BOYS before flowers? Isn't the concept supposed to be the other way around? I think the original idiom was food over boys, or something like that? Hence "real life necessities" over romance? Now it's reversed. >.>

I REALLY REALLY like the dynamic between Jun Pyo and Jan Di - It's just unfortunate that I'm paying more attention to that because the rest of the show's elements don't quite mesh as strongly. (Or maybe that's the point.)
Boys Over Flowers is the English dub name =o because that's what Hana Yori Dango the J title means.

The original saying says Dango (food) over Flower(pretty things), but the author changed Dango's kanji into meaning "boys".

Hope that's not too confusing DX google HYD's wiki if it is. XD;;

---

I never liked Kdrama's pace since it's just too slow for me. XD; but I try to give BBF benefit of doubt.

I love Jun Pyo in this. His acting is fantastic. It's quite cute watching him laughing to himself like an idiot.

Also don't mind Ji Hoon even though most seems to dislike him. :unsure: I'm more convinced that he actually likes Jan Di than using her as a rebound like in other versions.

Jan Di though... :whistling: My god. Try as I might, I just can't effin' like her. Damn. I adore her friend and pratcially everyone else in the drama BUT her. =w=;; I really do hope she doesn't put me off like Barbie did with MG. (hfdkjshfds yess. till this day, I still haven't watched it. ugh. stupid Barbie and her irritating family in the drama.) Somehow, she just magnified everything I hate about Tsukushi and more. I dot.

Love Yi Jung and Ga Eul <333 Love Jan Di's little brother. xDD

Skibblu

Post by Skibblu » Feb 4th, '09, 06:42

Oh. Forgot. I agree with someone that said they can't pull themselves out of other versions. I dunno why =/ I just keep comparing and I keep spotting similarities between this and the other versions.

Oh and. in the original manga, the protagonist of the story was SUPPOSE to be Rui. Apparently, Domyouji somehow manage to outshine Rui and stole the main focus AND Tsukushi from Rui. XDDD

Sad how most people love Rui so much (him being the Prince Charming and all) leading to high expectations and is often disappointed in the actors that potrays him. Anyways..I just hope Jan Di can make me like her somehow, and show me why the hell does these two guys likes her. Or I'm seriously going to chuck something ><; (since if I don't like the main character and/or doesn't get why everyone lovers her..well..I start hating it DX)

ilovey0udrama5

Post by ilovey0udrama5 » Feb 4th, '09, 07:06

This Drama is great, very addictive! Does anyone have any spoilers on how they are going to play out the Fiancee in this Kdrama? very very curious! plz tell* pictures* anything! I'll be happy.

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Feb 4th, '09, 09:28

ah.. Jun Pyo looks like a good and Ge Eul und Kim Bum.. hope they'll get a chance.
It's gotten really interesting.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 4th, '09, 21:03

Ep 9 and 10 was awsome :P
I liking it its going good and things are getting better way to go :cheers:

miga

Post by miga » Feb 7th, '09, 02:58

I think episodes 9 and 10 rocks! I was so amused at the love and "courtship" scenes. Jun Pyo and I Jeong are so hot!!! Korean F4 rocks!!!!! :thumright:

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Feb 7th, '09, 03:25

From what I know of the manga, wasn't there supposed to be another love triangle between Jan Di, Jun Pyo and a model guy (was played by Ikuta Toma on Jdorama version). I mean I want more love triangles. Sometimes that's what makes mangas so fun to read.
This model guy is supposed to pretend to be one of Makino's geeky friend at school, but it turns out that he is actually a famous model. And that he has a huge grudge against Domyouji for beating up his older brother before. But I think the Korean version probably changed/ took away that part because the end of that arc was when Domyouji got really beat up by a bunch of thugs in order to protect Makino. The "fake" hospital visit afterwards was what they showed in the Korean version except it came after the fight between Jun Pyo and Ji Hoo.

I'm getting mixed up with the timeline of the story in the manga and forgetting which one happened first or last.
Enjoyed ep 9 and 10 very much. The show just keeps getting better and better.

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Feb 7th, '09, 04:28

garnet07 wrote:From what I know of the manga, wasn't there supposed to be another love triangle between Jan Di, Jun Pyo and a model guy (was played by Ikuta Toma on Jdorama version). I mean I want more love triangles. Sometimes that's what makes mangas so fun to read.
This model guy is supposed to pretend to be one of Makino's geeky friend at school, but it turns out that he is actually a famous model. And that he has a huge grudge against Domyouji for beating up his older brother before. But I think the Korean version probably changed/ took away that part because the end of that arc was when Domyouji got really beat up by a bunch of thugs in order to protect Makino. The "fake" hospital visit afterwards was what they showed in the Korean version except it came after the fight between Jun Pyo and Ji Hoo.

I'm getting mixed up with the timeline of the story in the manga and forgetting which one happened first or last.
The timeline is a little bit mixed around in the Korean version but:
The model guy's showing up in the next ep. He's the twin brother of the guy who tried to commit suicide in ep 1 (played by same actor)

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 7th, '09, 17:08

marspeach wrote:
garnet07 wrote:From what I know of the manga, wasn't there supposed to be another love triangle between Jan Di, Jun Pyo and a model guy (was played by Ikuta Toma on Jdorama version). I mean I want more love triangles. Sometimes that's what makes mangas so fun to read.

The timeline is a little bit mixed around in the Korean version but:
The model guy's showing up in the next ep. He's the twin brother of the guy who tried to commit suicide in ep 1 (played by same actor)

^yup that is what I read too
but isn't really just him playing his twin in that episode :unsure:

yea that scene myself was shock to see so early as well :unsure:
so now the question is what woud they put in place of that scene? :O

aiidoke

Post by aiidoke » Feb 10th, '09, 09:36

Thank You ....... I love F4

BigHeadDog

Post by BigHeadDog » Feb 11th, '09, 01:00

had watched episode 12. this episode is the combination of j-drama season 1 and 2. no preview for episode 13 only NG scenes...I want episdoe 13 preview man...will there be a week break for episode 13 to telecast in korea or as per usual???getting more and more exciting lol...i find that now every episode also wil have kissing scene for the 2 of them lol...

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 12th, '09, 02:21

ok so they
make jandi faint instead but still that was hell of a beating that he got damn :crazy: wow his mother is way more evil than the rest :O and as for the ending aww thats too bad :cry:
:cheers: waiting for the preview and the show :P

taniyama_mai

Post by taniyama_mai » Feb 12th, '09, 10:48

i cant wait for BBF epsd 13.....
luv this drama very much.... :wub: :wub:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 15th, '09, 01:40

iknow its still early but is there going to a season two from the looks of things ......... :scratch:

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Feb 15th, '09, 09:12

u thinks so?
I thought it`s impossible after ep 12.
he just left the country. In the J-Version it was the end of the first season

amktsy

Post by amktsy » Feb 15th, '09, 11:21

I don't think there is going to be season 2.

jeune_daisy

Post by jeune_daisy » Feb 15th, '09, 14:32

Hi there! Just stop to drop some parody videos. They're fanmade for BBF.

Hope you enjoy!

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Feb 15th, '09, 14:37

i finally got to watch it until episode 8, (well at 1/8 of episode 8 since i'm putting this on hold for now, until i reach episode 15 and still giddy about the plot) i hate the part where Jun Pyu's (or Domyouji's) mother has to come in, so im putting it on hold.

my outtake on the drama as of now...
the harassment part was really bad... waaaaaayyyy bad and very violent. i can't believe that the girl could actually stand something like that. also... i don't think Jandi's lifestyle is very poor unlike the Japanese version. Makino, atleast was living in a small space and an almost rundown apartment, unlike Jandi. Have you guys noticed the HUGE difference? also i can't help comparing Jun Pyu's mother to Doumyouji and Dao Ming Ze's. why? i love how their mom's looked, at least they were sophisticated looking and pretty even though they were old. here in the Kversion the witch mom looked terrible. (sorry for her fans, no pun intended) for me she looked like a drag queen dressed to be rich. Being Jun Pyu's mom doesn't suit her at all.

on a side note: Jun Pyo looks so much like Jerry Yan!!! they're like one person split into two. the korean and taiwanese version of one person... or whatever you call it.

setting aside those details i just mentioned above, story line and drama so far... im still loving it. though it makes me cringe every time things get violent.

when i watched Jun Pyu hitting Ji Hoo, it felt way sadistic. (i wonder why i didn't feel that kind of painful feeling when i was watching Jun Matsumoto hitting Oguri Shun in HYD?) also, when everyone was bullying Jan Di, the bike incident and fire extinguisher was really too much... but also seemed realistic at the same time.

parts i loved, when Jun Pyu tied the anklet around Jandi's feet and when he hugged her to say the one thing he wanted to hear. Also the "almost" kissing part! that was really cute!!! hahaha... :lol Jun Pyu's attempts was so hilarious. i wish my guy would also be as thoughtful as him... :wub: :wub: :wub:

also... i freaking love this part. it was so sweet.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 15th, '09, 20:51

Jazzl wrote:u thinks so?
I thought it`s impossible after ep 12.
he just left the country. In the J-Version it was the end of the first season
but that is why i think that it would because if the preview of 13 it jumps to that part :O
but that is too bad that it doesn't look like it would have a season 2 :cry:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 15th, '09, 20:52

biniBningPunkista wrote:
when i watched Jun Pyu hitting Ji Hoo, it felt way sadistic. (i wonder why i didn't feel that kind of painful feeling when i was watching Jun Matsumoto hitting Oguri Shun in HYD?) also, when everyone was bullying Jan Di, the bike incident and fire extinguisher was really too much... but also seemed realistic at the same time.

parts i loved, when Jun Pyu tied the anklet around Jandi's feet and when he hugged her to say the one thing he wanted to hear. Also the "almost" kissing part! that was really cute!!! hahaha... :lol Jun Pyu's attempts was so hilarious. i wish my guy would also be as thoughtful as him... :wub: :wub: :wub:

also... i freaking love this part. it was so sweet.

awwwwwwwwwwwwww that was so cute i agree :mrgreen: :w00t: so caring he is :P

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Feb 16th, '09, 09:02

Hmm, is it just me but the title of this thread is kind of annoying. I mean Korean version of "Hana Yori Dango" should be it, since that's the original and not Meteor Garden. To this day, I still wonder how the Taiwanese converted HYD >> Meteor Garden. Is it the Chinese characters because I still don't get it?

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Feb 16th, '09, 13:11

garnet07 wrote:Hmm, is it just me but the title of this thread is kind of annoying. I mean Korean version of "Hana Yori Dango" should be it, since that's the original and not Meteor Garden. To this day, I still wonder how the Taiwanese converted HYD >> Meteor Garden. Is it the Chinese characters because I still don't get it?

did you watch the Taiwanese drama yet?

they adapted the story line but not entirely, because setting wise and even the actor's ages was changed. they were supposed to be in high school, but in meteor garden they were in college (university students) then there was that big deal about the meteor showers. that's where the "Saturn" necklace comes in too... so when you look at it, that's where the title centered in. blame the script writer for messing it up. :lol

as for the title's thread, it should be Boys Over Flowers Korean version... but i'm not one to complain. :D i just love posting and reading stuff here. ^_^v

yy2005

Post by yy2005 » Feb 18th, '09, 13:56

may i know where can i download this drama with subtiles?

Leyram

Post by Leyram » Feb 18th, '09, 15:01

I am following boys before flowers mainly because i love hana yori dango. BBF has it's own strengths and weaknesses but lately, jan di is getting on my nerves .. hate to compare but she really comes out looking dumb which is totally different from makino ... did they downplay jan di's character to highlight f4? i could think of several actresses who could have portrayed jan di's part and portray it real good ... ji hoo, he is cute but he's too emotional ..almost gay if i may say so (observe footage by the beach, volleyball scenes, oh and let's not forget the part where he covered jun pyo with a blanket hehehe) .. jun pyo is good, however he doesn't look like a senior high school to me ... from my point of view, no chemistry between jan di and jun pyo... i find it ironic that it's the actors portraying secondary characters are the ones who fit their roles well -- Shizuka's counterpart, Domyuji's sister, Domyuji's mom ... perfect ... it's just frustrating coz bbf could have been totally good... not just another kdrama that everyone remembers because f4 guys are hot ... am crossing my fingers that ga eul and the other f4 guy will have a happy ending, their almost relationship is what makes bbf still worth watching .. am still hoping things will turn around for the better ..not losing hope .. 10 more episodes

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Feb 18th, '09, 15:15

yy2005 wrote:may i know where can i download this drama with subtiles?
you can go to this link for the subs. :salut:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_69444.htm

LilyJade

Post by LilyJade » Feb 18th, '09, 16:37

biniBningPunkista wrote:
Jun Pyu's attempts was so hilarious. i wish my guy would also be as thoughtful as him... :wub: :wub: :wub:

also... i freaking love this part. it was so sweet.[/color]
I so do agree with you !!! So so cute.

The thing I think is weird with this Korean version is that feelings get more violent for me. I mean, I love HYD, you don't how much but the Korean version can make me hurt and feel thing deeper. I don't know if you see what I mean. hahaha
The sure thing is I'm totally addicted to the K version !!!

And about the eventually second season, I don't think it's possible, except if you go further because seeing how things are going on now.
I'm at episode 13 and it corresponds to the second season... And I can't see what they would do in a second season if the plot is followed and that the last episode is the marriage.

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Feb 18th, '09, 19:11

i just watched ep 14.. what an emotional sad part, really :/

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 19th, '09, 00:00

Now episode 14 was sweet
it was funny and the end omg :P :cheers:

i must say when
they make JunPyo say that she was a stain
it was funny/serious and just messed up man i felt for the girl
and what was up with that friend where did he come from and on top of that he's gayand obsessed over jihoo it was weird :crazy:
:mrgreen:

aiidoke

Post by aiidoke » Feb 19th, '09, 01:54

thank you
i love f4
Ahhhh!!!!!

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Feb 19th, '09, 16:11

misuzana wrote:Now episode 14 was sweet
it was funny and the end omg :P :cheers:

i must say when
they make JunPyo say that she was a stain
it was funny/serious and just messed up man i felt for the girl
and what was up with that friend where did he come from and on top of that he's gayand obsessed over jihoo it was weird :crazy:
:mrgreen:

yes indeed...
the gayan friend.. but i think he is a beauty ^^!

gauri92

Post by gauri92 » Feb 20th, '09, 17:23

hey guys, won't it be great if they make GJP's fiancee end up with JiHoo??? i think it would be a great combo...she is so bubbly and full of life and he is so stoic....it'll make for a great story......and they wont end up alone 'cuz both of them are great ppl......

~kani~

Post by ~kani~ » Feb 20th, '09, 18:24

To my mind this korean version is much better than the japanese version... Even though I loved HYD when I watched it.
This korean version shows more feelings and makes you love the characters more.
They become your "friends".
Somebody said that they can't understand why those guys like Jan Di so much... and that she is really annoying and stupid... Maybe it's just her pureness what attracts the rich guys. And she is not too pretty but she has a personal face.
Jan Di's family is awesome! The little bro is younger than in the japanese version, but he seems to be more mature. Or it might be just that he's all the time in front of the computer =P In general this version seems to be more mature than the japanese. but I think that
japanese version was more like a fairytale or a comedy. Even though this is the same story and I can't help comparing them, I've tried to approach this as a totally new story.
Ji Hoo is more loveable than Rui. well, I just didn't like the actor who played Rui. (sorry, I know he has a lot of fans.)

But I agree with biniBningPunkista that Jun Pyo's mom looks weird :S And F4 depicted her as the worst and most horrible woman in Korea but even though her make-up is terrible and scary, her face doesn't show any other feelings than maybe tireness.

I love Jan Di's friend, she's SO CUTE! ^^ If I could choose how I looked like, I'd definitely like to look like her~
just wachted episode 14 and it made me cry... I love it that here the reason why Jun Pyo left Jan Di is his Dad, not a random aquaintance as in the japanese version. That's more realistic. That old doctor who took care of Jan Di's little bro was Ji Hoo's grandpa? It's good that this version of BBF is so long that they can include this kind of details about F4 members. That makes them more humane. Especially Ji hoo is such a complicated character... The fiancee looks totally different kind of person than Domyoji's fiancee :S I liked the japanese one, kind of. I hope that we get rid of this one quickly, the scenes with the fiancee are so painful to watch because you like her, but you know that her excistence hurts the main couple. sigh...

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Feb 20th, '09, 18:37

~kani~ wrote:To my mind this korean version is much better than the japanese version... Even though I loved HYD when I watched it.
Somebody said that they can't understand why those guys like Jan Di so much... and that she is really annoying and stupid... Maybe it's just her pureness what attracts the rich guys. And she is not too pretty but she has a personal face.
Jan Di's family is awesome! The little bro is younger than in the japanese version, but he seems to be more mature. Or it might be just that he's all the time in front of the computer =P In general this version seems to be more mature than the japanese. but I think that
japanese version was more like a fairytale or a comedy. Even though this is the same story and I can't help comparing them, I've tried to approach this as a totally new story.
Ji Hoo is more loveable than Rui. well, I just didn't like the actor who played Rui. (sorry, I know he has a lot of fans.)

But I agree with biniBningPunkista that Jun Pyo's mom looks weird :S And F4 depicted her as the worst and most horrible woman in Korea but even though her make-up is terrible and scary, her face doesn't show any other feelings than maybe tireness.

I love Jan Di's friend, she's SO CUTE! ^^ If I could choose how I looked like, I'd definitely like to look like her~
just wachted episode 14 and it made me cry... I love it that here the reason why Jun Pyo left Jan Di is his Dad, not a random aquaintance as in the japanese version. That's more realistic. That old doctor who took care of Jan Di's little bro was Ji Hoo's grandpa? It's good that this version of BBF is so long that they can include this kind of details about F4 members. That makes them more humane. Especially Ji hoo is such a complicated character... The fiancee looks totally different kind of person than Domyoji's fiancee :S I liked the japanese one, kind of. I hope that we get rid of this one quickly, the scenes with the fiancee are so painful to watch because you like her, but you know that her excistence hurts the main couple. sigh...
i think you're right with this point:
HYD was more comedy like

So it think it's not really possible to say: this one is better or note..
The Korean Regisseur just did it in another way and that`s why i can't look at it without getting bored.
I love both versions and to me none of them is better or worse.

hurulaini

Post by hurulaini » Feb 21st, '09, 01:45

i watch until episode 10 so far....i like this series...
HYD, MG & BOF - all of them have their own strength...but to compare to HYD, i like the chemistry between JanDi & JoonPyo....:)

anyway...im not sure is this a correct place for me to ask, but do anyone know what is the song & singer for a song in this drama...that song played few times in this drama, singing by a boy groups i think....significant to be heard at the end of episode 9...when So Yi Jung (Kim Bum) met a women, Ga Eul crying & then Yi Jung talking to Ga Eul....please tell me if anyone know this song... i love it so much ;)

Skibblu

Post by Skibblu » Feb 22nd, '09, 00:51

~kani~ wrote:To my mind this korean version is much better than the japanese version... Even though I loved HYD when I watched it.

If it was Tsukushi (character) I would get why they like her. but not with Jan Di, because I still don't like her..XD;;

I am still thinking where the hell does she get so much money to buy all these clothes? :unsure:

I like her brother too. he's adorable. but to say that this version is more mature, I would probably disagree. Because for the most important stuff, like how Jun Pyo changed, it feel like they tweaked the J-drama version, not hte manga version. and it irks me. It came off bit more random at the beginning till they show the clip of his father (and the argument with his mum.) I'm not sure about you, but I would be traumatised if someone frikkin' jumped in front of me. :| The guy isn't quite random, he made Doumyouji realised what he is responsible for.

I like shorter dramas so I find this draggy. (and I do like comedy more.) to each his/her own i guess.

I love Shigure. XD The fact that I don't feel for the main couple probably makes me want to see her more. -hides to avoid getting killed-

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Feb 22nd, '09, 01:18

@skibblu

i am used to short dramas too(began with j-dramas) and i am asking myself often why taiwanese dramas often so long drawn and why the progess is so slow.. i really understand you.
however.. i like BOF and i don't mind the lenght.
I agree with you about the reason why Doumiyouji was so traumatized.. i like this reason more although i only think they overdid it a little. In the K-Version i had first this thougt:
Okay.. he promised his father to take care of his mother and the company. So what? He wasn't close to his parents i can't cromprehend why he does this. You never saw the relationship between him and his father. I got more the feeling that Jun Pyo wouldn't care about things like this since he despises his mother this much
About the clothing.. i asked myself often too.. she's poor so how can she have so many and so expensive clothes? I never thought that when watching HYD.
However.. about Jan Di.. i think i can understand why F4 likes her. She tamed Jun Pyo and she gave him.. mh.. calmness? And she disliked them all in the beginning and they became close(all of them) and trusting.They now she don't like them because of their money.
It's only the half yes.. in HYD you cold see their good relationship first in the second season.
Jun Pyo and Jan Di.. they are really not matching.. but for me- that makes it more interesting. They have a chemistry although they are really different.

Leyram

Post by Leyram » Feb 22nd, '09, 08:16

In fairness to BBF, they've already mixed the first and second season of HYD in a series, so it's understandable that BBF will have 24 episodes. I think the draggy parts are the long unnecessary footage (e.g. Ji Hoo's emotional moments, Jan Di making food, Jan Di's at-a-loss moments). They're just probably milking it for what it's worth. Skkiblu, I agree with you that they have not developed the story in a way that friendship between Jan Di and the f4 to develop. They're kindda rushing it. Glad am not the only one disliking Koo Hye Sun for Jan Di's role. It's not Koo Hye Sun personally, it's not Jan Di's character. But Koo Hye Sun as Jan Di is not working. If there were no Meteor Garden and Hana Yori Dango prior to BBF, it would have been acceptable. Much as people would not like to compare, they eventually would. Barbie Xu as Shancai and Inoue Mao as Makino were really great. The lady playing the part of Ga Eul would have been a better Jan Di in my opinion. I still love BBF because it's still a Hana Yori Dango adaptation but instead of just enjoying it, there's a mild discomfort over Jan Di.

gauri92

Post by gauri92 » Feb 25th, '09, 21:08

Ku Hye Sun as Jan Di needs t tone it down a bit, i think. She's a great actress, but just overdoes the whole commoner thing. But this arc required her to be more emotive and not cute, so i think it will work out.

I really want Ji Hoo to end up with someone, and I think that Jun Pyo's fiancee would be a good choice. I think that these two would really compliment each other...she being so bubbly and him so calm. It would be great if these got a sub storyline here....it would reduce the entire triangle drama b/w jan di jun pyo and Chae Kyong (is tht her name???)

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 25th, '09, 23:01

Okay now for 16 okay I must say I wonder why they cut his hair???
I think looks better but that’s just me okay :P
as for the fact how he meet his grandfather was totally out of the way I mean I figure the guy was someone important in the show but wow his grandfather I was saying the boy in show long lost relative or something not that at all but anyways ... okay how was is that Jihoo knew something was wrong with Jandi and knew where to find her
But overall the stalking and everything was good actually I like the episode it was fun and very much enjoyable despite of what I juts said. :mrgreen:
Oh on more thing when KHJ sang over the ss501 song in the mall that was so nice
but now I realize that is what they are using instead of the original (the one the other three members did )
:whistling:

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Feb 26th, '09, 09:57

does anyone else find it interesting how the Rui in this verion (Ji Hoo) is sooooo much happier and livelier than the previous Rui's? I think it's pretty funny to watch =)

Skibblu

Post by Skibblu » Feb 26th, '09, 10:45

Jazzl wrote:@skibblu

i am used to short dramas too(began with j-dramas) and i am asking myself often why taiwanese dramas often so long drawn and why the progess is so slow.. i really understand you.
however.. i like BOF and i don't mind the lenght.
I agree with you about the reason why Doumiyouji was so traumatized.. i like this reason more although i only think they overdid it a little. In the K-Version i had first this thougt:
Okay.. he promised his father to take care of his mother and the company. So what? He wasn't close to his parents i can't cromprehend why he does this. You never saw the relationship between him and his father. I got more the feeling that Jun Pyo wouldn't care about things like this since he despises his mother this much
About the clothing.. i asked myself often too.. she's poor so how can she have so many and so expensive clothes? I never thought that when watching HYD.
However.. about Jan Di.. i think i can understand why F4 likes her. She tamed Jun Pyo and she gave him.. mh.. calmness? And she disliked them all in the beginning and they became close(all of them) and trusting.They now she don't like them because of their money.
It's only the half yes.. in HYD you cold see their good relationship first in the second season.
Jun Pyo and Jan Di.. they are really not matching.. but for me- that makes it more interesting. They have a chemistry although they are really different.
I skip over tw drama o-o; I only follow the short ones. I think it's just me..I use to watch 30 ep HK dramas so mhmm. :P

I honestly don't recall what was the original (I watch the anime, the manga was too long so i didn't read it) But the reason i'm wtfing is k version is screaming "I'M A COPY OF J version!" :whistling: (with the sudden change of attitude)

I think someone pointed it out that Tsukushi only have her school uniform and one other outfit or something. Is it just me or is Ga Eul's clothes looks more toned down and fits her character? (at least I don't have the urge to say "OMG I wish I have money to buy her clothes" T_T which is just illogical considering who she is..)

mhmm. the thing is. I feel like Jun Pyo likes her because she's different from everyone else and it's fun to pick on her. Can you hep me find where Jan Di shows her love towards Jun Pyo? (and I'm still trying to find her "weed"ness. or maybe that wasn't suppose to be a focus here? :unsure: )
Last edited by Skibblu on Feb 26th, '09, 11:03, edited 1 time in total.

Skibblu

Post by Skibblu » Feb 26th, '09, 11:00

Leyram wrote:In fairness to BBF, they've already mixed the first and second season of HYD in a series, so it's understandable that BBF will have 24 episodes. I think the draggy parts are the long unnecessary footage (e.g. Ji Hoo's emotional moments, Jan Di making food, Jan Di's at-a-loss moments). They're just probably milking it for what it's worth. Skkiblu, I agree with you that they have not developed the story in a way that friendship between Jan Di and the f4 to develop. They're kindda rushing it. Glad am not the only one disliking Koo Hye Sun for Jan Di's role. It's not Koo Hye Sun personally, it's not Jan Di's character. But Koo Hye Sun as Jan Di is not working. If there were no Meteor Garden and Hana Yori Dango prior to BBF, it would have been acceptable. Much as people would not like to compare, they eventually would. Barbie Xu as Shancai and Inoue Mao as Makino were really great. The lady playing the part of Ga Eul would have been a better Jan Di in my opinion. I still love BBF because it's still a Hana Yori Dango adaptation but instead of just enjoying it, there's a mild discomfort over Jan Di.
Yes it is, and this IS the style of K-drama. Blame HYD for being so damn compacted and so short XDD (I watched them as they come out. and even if you combine them, it's 20 eps + 2 hour special + movie, which is still half the time of K-drama, and I can still finish it it in a day XD) I'm strange.

I uh. didn't like Barbie either. I haven't settle down and actually watch MG properly. I've tried multiple times and got annoyed at a) Barbie b) her parents c)..well..it WAS made a while ago. d)...the hype.

I'm very weird and can't love something if I dislike the main character. ~___~;;; I'm watching it just so I can say I watch it. I find myself getting distracted during the drmaa and thinking "when does this end again..?" >>;;;;

---

I love the fiancee! Anyone that can spell her name out for me would be good~ :salut: She's even more adorable than Shigure! :w00t: Though she does seems rather clueless..@W@

I wish there's someone for Ji Hoon too, but I'm not sure if she's the right person..

and. is it just me or did f3 all change their hairstyles? :scratch: it's weirding me out.

---

about ep 16. who else is super happy about
Ga Eul and Yi Jung?! the date! the date! *W*

OMGLOVE <333 moar plox.
:cheers:

Jan Di's
new dream career was interesting too..
...eh. HOW COME I MANAGE TO FORGET EP 15 ALREADY? = =;;;;;

Leyram

Post by Leyram » Feb 26th, '09, 19:35

@skkiblu

Yeah, shigeru's counterpart was hella pretty .. but i think the producers are trying to tone her down .. they probably don't want her to overshadow Jan Di (which is really not that hard to do, i mean, Ga Eul alone can do that).

Such intense competition between jun pyo and ji hoo over jan di, yet i don't feel that the series has already established a positive effect of jan di on jun yo and ji hoo and the rest of the F4. From what I've seen so far, Jan Di's just an overrated nuisance on the F4. Just an awkward damsel in distress most of the time. Can't find Makino's strength in her character to make her gain their respect. In my opinion, at episode 16 .. Boys Before Flowers is just a hastily concocted adaptation of Hana Yori Dango who's banking mainly on the pretty faces of F4 and mixing and matching twists from Meteor Garden and Hana Yori live action. Some segments are too exaggerated it's an overkill. Spare us if this series will still have a second season.

nell123

Post by nell123 » Feb 26th, '09, 21:34

I agree with you Leyram. HYD is my favorite shodjo manga because Makino is a rare example of strong and smart girl. But in this version they turned her into a damsel in distress. And that's just one of many other problems I have with this drama. But I'm going to wait until the end before I comment further....

dictatorchick

Post by dictatorchick » Feb 26th, '09, 23:55

WHHHHHAAAT???!!!! Boy this forum is old, It's called Boys Before flowers, and the cast is WWWAAAYYY cuter than the ones you predicted.

4everU

Post by 4everU » Feb 27th, '09, 02:40

OMG I AM LOVING THIS DRAMA!!! LEE MIN HO IS SUPER CUTE AND HOT.....but one thing i dont get is many people arel saying that Goo Hye Sun is just a average looking girl and not as pretty as Makino and barbie..however i totally think the opposite...I think she is very pretty!! she has that sweet and natural look and a cute smile!!! if thats what a average girl looks liek then i guess i am super ugly cuz, i concider my self an average looking girl!!
Attachments
she very pretty and natural
she very pretty and natural
cute.jpg (30.73 KiB) Viewed 3770 times
pretty
pretty
koo_hye_sun.jpg (18.33 KiB) Viewed 3770 times
^__^
^__^
white.jpg (17.48 KiB) Viewed 3770 times
natural
natural
natural.jpg (35.45 KiB) Viewed 3770 times

Leyram

Post by Leyram » Feb 27th, '09, 16:55

Koo Hye Sun is not ugly, in fact she is quite pretty. She may be a good actress at some point, however, her portrayal of Jan Di who is supposed to be Makino Tsukushi in the Hana Yori Dango series is NOT at all working. Makino is a strong character. She's pretty much a kick-ass lady who knows what she wants and has an ambition in life. Koo Hye Sun as Jan Di comes out looking dumb most of the time. Quite unsure of herself and what she wants. Just an awkward damsel in distress. This is quite irritating for us who have followed and loved the Hana Yori Dango series. I for one can't figure out what type of series BBF is trying to create. Comedy? not quite. Drama? eerr.... Agreeably, the Korean F4 cast are pretty faces. It's quite obvious that the producers of BBF put a major effort into creating a "hot" F4. Unfortunately it seems, that's the only thing they're delivering at this point. Hot F4 and nothing else. Don't get me wrong. BBF could have been a wonderful series. But at this point, Jan Di is one of the major let-downs of the show. (There are more, mind you. But I think Jan Di takes up the majority of the "disappointment" percentage of BBF :P) This is quite ironic since she is supposed to be the heroine of the series. How I wish it was Moon Geun Young or Yoon Eun Hye who played the role of Jan Di. Then BBF would have given Hana Yori Dango live action a run for their money.

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Feb 27th, '09, 17:09

Leyram wrote: How I wish it was Moon Geun Young or Yoon Eun Hye who played the role of Jan Di. .
Yoon Eun Hye.. good idea^^ but i don't really think it's because of Koo Hye Sun.
I have to admit.. as i was watching BOF i often thought "whoa..she's pretty" but in the next scene i thought "she isn`t pretty at all".. i think that's because in every scene i thoght she isn't pretty she had braids. You know? Hair Style makes the face. But i think they did this on purpose, so Jan Di could look more poor, mean or rough. But in fact this "Makino" don't look strong at all.
Of course, when you look at HYD - I never thought Makino was a beauty. But on the other hand: Inoue Mao is a beauty too. It was the same with Barbie Xu as Shancai - but Barbie is a beauty too.I think they did the same with Jian DI. I'm not disappointed anymore in the Jian Di character I've grown to like her.

noinimod

Post by noinimod » Feb 27th, '09, 17:56

Man, don't hate on GHS.. she's just following the PD's instructions. I don't think she's pretty too lol. Anyway I'm quite disappointed the show is going in this direction, hopefully it picks up, although there's like 8 eps before it ends. I wonder how they're gonna wrap it up with so many loose ends and side plots being introduced.

LilyJade

Post by LilyJade » Feb 27th, '09, 18:19

At the beginning I didn't like her but step by step I happen to appreciate her so it's ok. She's cute but the problem is the haircut for sure, well physically.
Then, it's true that the strong character that caracterized the Makino of HYD is quite absent, I mean she's strong, she stood up against Joon Pyo bullying but other than that she has only decided recently about her career. In the japanese version, Makino knew from the beginning she wanted to be a lawyer.
Event though, I'm not disappointed, the F4 and Jan Di are perfect for me.

But, one question, there are 8 ep left. Do you guys think Joon Pyo's mother is going to try to challenge their love's strength ? I wonder how it's going to end... I wish they'd do a projection in the future! lol

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Feb 27th, '09, 18:26

LilyJade wrote:
But, one question, there are 8 ep left. Do you guys think Joon Pyo's mother is going to try to challenge their Loves strength ? I wonder how it's going to end... I wish they'd do a projection in the future! lol
I hope his mother will... think about it. It would be unacceptable for me if she would "accept" her or rather shut her mouth without testing same.. maybe he he'll lose his memory here too and his mother will see the love or something like that. I think the last 8 episodes will be interesting.
One thing that interesting too is the suffering from Ji Hoon... let`s look forward to how it's going to end.

LilyJade

Post by LilyJade » Feb 28th, '09, 10:37

Jazzl wrote: maybe he he'll lose his memory here too and his mother will see the love or something like that.
Do you think his amnesia is going to be inserted in the plot ? In the Japanese version, it happened just before Makino got lost in the snowy mountain.
I think it's going to be skipped because of that, furthermore, all the characters directly in touch with the F4 and Jan Di (see the correlation chart : http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Image:BOF_cor ... _chart.jpg) have appeared...

But I may be wrong! ^^

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Feb 28th, '09, 12:55

LilyJade wrote:
Jazzl wrote: maybe he he'll lose his memory here too and his mother will see the love or something like that.
Do you think his amnesia is going to be inserted in the plot ? In the Japanese version, it happened just before Makino got lost in the snowy mountain.
I think it's going to be skipped because of that, furthermore, all the characters directly in touch with the F4 and Jan Di (see the correlation chart : http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Image:BOF_cor ... _chart.jpg) have appeared...

But I may be wrong! ^^
no, you could e right, i know that this part in HYH happened before the snowy thing.
But it`s a hope of mine. To be true: it's one of my favourite parts in HYD :cheers:
i would be a little sad if they skip it... anyway i'm curious how the story there is going on

PeachLove

Post by PeachLove » Feb 28th, '09, 14:15

there has been MG, and there's been HYD, but BBF, does not dissapoint me at all
I really really love this series, how the story develops
at first I thought it's gonna be just pretty faces, but it turns out to be way better than I've expected
the bullying is more realistic it hurts me
though Ep. 13 onwards, it's kinda dragging
and GJP, ahhhh... so handsome, so hot :heart:
I love how he shows his feelings to JD
I wish JD can show more love towards him, rather than shouts all the time :wub:

LilyJade

Post by LilyJade » Mar 1st, '09, 10:03

Jazzl wrote:
LilyJade wrote:

But I may be wrong! ^^
no, you could e right, i know that this part in HYH happened before the snowy thing.
But it`s a hope of mine. To be true: it's one of my favourite parts in HYD :cheers:
i would be a little sad if they skip it... anyway i'm curious how the story there is going on
It's not my favorite part but it's a good one for sure. I know that if they don't skip it I will definitely be really hurt by their performance. The cast is so good at acting! I'll end up with tissues everywhere! lol

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Mar 1st, '09, 10:33

nell123 wrote:I agree with you Leyram. HYD is my favorite shodjo manga because Makino is a rare example of strong and smart girl. But in this version they turned her into a damsel in distress. And that's just one of many other problems I have with this drama. But I'm going to wait until the end before I comment further....
I quit after ep 10, LOL,

zsy2

Post by zsy2 » Mar 2nd, '09, 06:35

The japanese version is the best. The korean version made Mako character to stupid. She always needed someone to save her. Also the sound track is terrible.

Eternal Snow

Post by Eternal Snow » Mar 2nd, '09, 12:37

everyone has their own opinion :glare: :whistling:

i`m sooooooo lovin this drama.. & the OST just rocks!! :wub:

glad they decided to air a SP today instead of epi.17.. hope all of the cast will get some rest & come back feeling much better!!

although i`m not that excited to watch epi.17.. from the previews ofcourse :cry:

4everU

Post by 4everU » Mar 2nd, '09, 19:29

Eternal Snow wrote:everyone has their own opinion :glare: :whistling:

i`m sooooooo lovin this drama.. & the OST just rocks!! :wub:

glad they decided to air a SP today instead of epi.17.. hope all of the cast will get some rest & come back feeling much better!!

although i`m not that excited to watch epi.17.. from the previews ofcourse :cry:
I totally agree with Eternal Snow!!!! the soundtrack is awesome!!!! and me loving the drama as well!!! XD

radee14

Post by radee14 » Mar 3rd, '09, 03:45

hmmmm...just wondering, isnt it the show suppose to be aired monday and tuesday? how come..i cant find the Ep.17 yet? :scratch: hope someone can answer me. :-( .

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Mar 3rd, '09, 07:48

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Boys_Before_Flowers
see: every monday and tuesday..
and.. the subbers aren't machines.. even if it is aired on weekends.. subbers arent machines.

LilyJade

Post by LilyJade » Mar 3rd, '09, 09:02

radee14 wrote:hmmmm...just wondering, isnt it the show suppose to be aired monday and tuesday? how come..i cant find the Ep.17 yet? :scratch: hope someone can answer me. :-( .
This week is an exception, only ep 17 will be aired and it's for tonight.
Yesterday there was just some previews, extracts and NG.

The reason to that is the actress who plays Jan Di is still weak from her accident. Everything's going back to normal next week. No worries. ^^

Here are 2 links :
http://nylesor.wordpress.com/2009/03/02 ... have-done/

http://nylesor.wordpress.com/2009/03/01 ... s-a-break/

radee14

Post by radee14 » Mar 3rd, '09, 10:05

@LilyJade: thanks for the response...that really helps, now i know...thank God Goo Hye Sun is fine...
Jazzl wrote:http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Boys_Before_Flowers
and.. the subbers aren't machines.. even if it is aired on weekends.. subbers arent machines.
@Jazzl: was that a reply to my post? if it was, well im only asking for the torrent episode 17...coz i cant find it..im totally aware of the airing of episode...and im not asking for subs..just the RAW file...good thing LilyJade inform me about the accident happened with Goo Hye Sun...

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Mar 3rd, '09, 14:18

radee14 wrote:@LilyJade: thanks for the response...that really helps, now i know...thank God Goo Hye Sun is fine...
Jazzl wrote:http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Boys_Before_Flowers
@Jazzl: was that a reply to my post? if it was, well im only asking for the torrent episode 17...coz i cant find it..im totally aware of the airing of episode...and im not asking for subs..just the RAW file...good thing LilyJade inform me about the accident happened with Goo Hye Sun...

i'm sorry i misundestood.
I was a little shocked about the information about the actress. But anyway.. thanks for the information..

taniyama_mai

Post by taniyama_mai » Mar 3rd, '09, 14:26

hope goo hye sun get well soon...
you are great actress... :wub: :wub:

LilyJade

Post by LilyJade » Mar 3rd, '09, 14:30

You're all welcome, it's normal to give the information when we know. ^^

I really hope she'll be fine enough to continue... Fightin'!!! :-)

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Mar 3rd, '09, 14:40

oh my.. oh my.. what's up with this world?
How is it possible that all of the 5 main stars were involced in car accidents currently?
Kim Bun had 2 in a row.
Lee Min Ho had won 3 years ago and now again?
They need more sleep.. that's for sure :/

I'm sad for lee min ho..

http://youcapturedme.blogspot.com/2009/ ... ident.html
http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_s ... _revealed/

LilyJade

Post by LilyJade » Mar 3rd, '09, 15:24

Yeah I know, the whole cast is really unlucky... :-(

Kim Bum still had bandage on his feet when they were shooting in Macao...
I saw the video where they took him out of the car in the accident. He had to car accident in one week?! It's really unbelievable. :pale:

radee14

Post by radee14 » Mar 3rd, '09, 16:47

@Jazzl: hey gurl! it's okay...btw, thanks for posting some other news..wow..i didnt know that almost the whole cast had been into accidents...and now the latest is goo hye sun...

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Mar 3rd, '09, 18:00

did anyone saw the tripping from Lee Min Hoo?

LilyJade

Post by LilyJade » Mar 3rd, '09, 18:27

Jazzl wrote:did anyone saw the tripping from Lee Min Hoo?
Yep, I saw the pictures ! The poor guy, he must be so embarrassed. :pale:

I'll post the link if I can find it again! ;)

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Mar 3rd, '09, 23:04

- LMH is tripping
- LMH getting award(eng sub)
- kim hyun joon getting award(eng sub)

KrystalHeart

Post by KrystalHeart » Mar 4th, '09, 03:18

Wow... I have been missing a lot. :-) Time to get back into the groove of k dramas again.