[Discussion]Mei-chan no Shitsuji - Hiro Mizushima

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 10th, '09, 01:38

ok, this is all going to be spoiler
if you remember from ep1, during cooking comp, rihito memeshiba when he asked him why out of everyone, he has chosen to serve mei? and he answered "you of all people should understand this better". as he knows well, that his brother is in love with mei too.
my guess is that he found out about mei existance from sometimes ago and has kept an eye on her from far. i also think that mei's parent's sudden death was not an accident and maybe was done by shiori & shinobu (just guess and i don't know if she is that evil, but what i have seen so far convinced me)

in that process, he started liking her and fell in love with her.
but what angries me is why he keeps quiet every time mei says something about him getting orders from her grandpa to serve her when it is not true.

he might have been in love with shiori before but after finding out her true nature, and after that started disliking her.

i also don't think that she is sick for real and she is putting an act not to get suspected in what she does and for rihito to feel guilty about leaving her.

but i am confused about what mei really meant when she said she already made her mind up to the butler. because she still thinks that shiori is a nice person and is going to help her out. and then after what she heard about shiori and rihito's past, is she considering to leave him for her or holding tight to him as her butler.?

and why rihito seems to be aware of mei's feeling for him some times and in othertimes he gets a shock when he sees her in those moments. i keep thinking that he is in love with mei but he has not realised that himself 100%. he knows that he feels something for her enough to make him leave everything and wanting to serve her only.
but one thing for sure for me, it is more romantic than HK.

mynusdono

Post by mynusdono » Feb 10th, '09, 18:07

Does anyone know why those 4 sole girls that hang around Lucia have no butler? its driving me crazy it seems so out of place... :blink

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 10th, '09, 20:23

mynusdono wrote:Does anyone know why those 4 sole girls that hang around Lucia have no butler? its driving me crazy it seems so out of place... :blink

No idea. But, you are right. Now that I think of it, it does seem a bit odd. I wonder if that will explained or if it's just a plot hole.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 10th, '09, 22:11

nikkibell84 wrote:
mynusdono wrote:Does anyone know why those 4 sole girls that hang around Lucia have no butler? its driving me crazy it seems so out of place... :blink

No idea. But, you are right. Now that I think of it, it does seem a bit odd. I wonder if that will explained or if it's just a plot hole.
haha u know u right now that u said it hmm :blink lets see what u will happen :unsure: :blink
or their butlers for each other :P
haha forget i said that lol :scratch: :whistling:

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Feb 10th, '09, 23:09

i see no similarity of this with Hana kimi.. hehehe.. I think its just the promo pic.. ^o^.. so tired..

Hachiko_

Post by Hachiko_ » Feb 11th, '09, 00:17

Issy wrote:ok, this is all going to be spoiler
if you remember from ep1, during cooking comp, rihito memeshiba when he asked him why out of everyone, he has chosen to serve mei? and he answered "you of all people should understand this better". as he knows well, that his brother is in love with mei too.
my guess is that he found out about mei existance from sometimes ago and has kept an eye on her from far. i also think that mei's parent's sudden death was not an accident and maybe was done by shiori & shinobu (just guess and i don't know if she is that evil, but what i have seen so far convinced me)

in that process, he started liking her and fell in love with her.
but what angries me is why he keeps quiet every time mei says something about him getting orders from her grandpa to serve her when it is not true.

he might have been in love with shiori before but after finding out her true nature, and after that started disliking her.

i also don't think that she is sick for real and she is putting an act not to get suspected in what she does and for rihito to feel guilty about leaving her.

but i am confused about what mei really meant when she said she already made her mind up to the butler. because she still thinks that shiori is a nice person and is going to help her out. and then after what she heard about shiori and rihito's past, is she considering to leave him for her or holding tight to him as her butler.?

and why rihito seems to be aware of mei's feeling for him some times and in othertimes he gets a shock when he sees her in those moments. i keep thinking that he is in love with mei but he has not realised that himself 100%. he knows that he feels something for her enough to make him leave everything and wanting to serve her only.
but one thing for sure for me, it is more romantic than HK.
I think your completely right!

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 11th, '09, 17:33

ok, EP 5
i think it was the best episod so far. i love how this show is getting stronger and stronger by each ep in terms of
rihito showing more emotions towards mei and how his love for her gets out or control and start to behave so unlike a s-rank butler.
his silents stills bothering me alot though. i only hope that he has a very good reason in later eps to justify his silence.
it is just getting who ever talk about his love for mei sound right and makes me doubt his love for her.
and i have to admit, i started liking kento (regardless his horrible hair do) more and more by eahc ep and even though i am rooting for rihito x mei ending. i am feeling so sorry for him too. sometimes he even makes me believe that he deserves mei-chan love more than rihito.
i was thinking, could be any more seasons for this drama. i see a chance of getting a 2nd serious more and more. i really don't want to. i want them to end it in this season and with a good ending that everyone is waiting for.
but as the manga is unfinished till now, could this happen?
i am also being thinking of identity of person that keeps in touch with shiori all the time and gets orders from her regarding mei and is always in the dark
my guess is tami-hime. i really like her character in the story but some reasons i can't think of anyone but her.

lucky_c

Post by lucky_c » Feb 11th, '09, 23:15

Issy wrote: i am also being thinking of identity of person that keeps in touch with shiori all the time and gets orders from her regarding mei and is always in the dark
my guess is tami-hime. i really like her character in the story but some reasons i can't think of anyone but her.
It could be one of the four evil girls. Or all four of them.

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 11th, '09, 23:27

Yes, but there is one girl who speaks to him alone and we are never shown her face.
She has short hair. I agree that there is a good chance it could be tami-hime.

starlight116

Mei Chna

Post by starlight116 » Feb 11th, '09, 23:33

[/quote]

I think too I hope she the one with the butler on the same house. I think is her beacuase she always spying and she look like more as a mob princess.

I love this series very much is sweet and cute. With Action too.

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Feb 12th, '09, 05:33

my favorite episode so far too.
it is rather nice to see rihito showing some emotions, but too much mystery.
its good that they kinda knowledge their feelings for each other
now all we gotta wait is for them to have no more secrets between each other, on rihito's side of course

and gosh this brothers and mei love triangle is getting juicier and juicier by the second.
it really just keeps getting better and better.

Machihxh

Post by Machihxh » Feb 12th, '09, 08:26

I really enjoyed watching Ep 5 as well. The [spoiler]way Rihito(Hiro) :wub: put his arms around Mei was so sweet. Soo lucky!! :roll . I knew right when that mystery girl handed a photo over to Lucia that it was of when Rihito put his arms around Mei. I immediately thought "Oh Noo". Then the previews for Ep 6, urgh Rihito dancing with Lucia?? :x Also him by Lucia's bedside?? I think the next episode is going to make me dislike Lucia even more! :x But then at the end of the previews Mameshiba tells Mei that he "used" to like her... So sad... :cry: I wonder after she knows of Mameshiba's feelings if her feelings will sort of shift toward Mameshiba's or if it's still going to be toward Rihito all the way? Hmm... I guess we'll find out soon!![/spoiler]

Oniki

Post by Oniki » Feb 12th, '09, 11:12

There you did it : I was about to wait for the hardsub (I've been watching the 3 episodes out, so far), but reading this thread and your comments about ep. 5, made me start the DL of the raw !
LOL

I find this drama cute and well acted. Nana and Hiro are doing a very good job. I only saw her in Proposal Daisakusen and noticed her already. I find her refreshing. Hiro is great, of course. He was dorky in HanaKimi, conveying a sweet unrequired love in Zettai Kareshi, and now very fitting for the mysterious S rank butler (can't wait to see him a bit more emotional in ep. 5 !!).

I like the other characters as well, and the pacing, very manga-like and entertaining. Not so fond of Takeru/Kento's noisy and childish side. This is one of the changes compared to the manga that I not quite agree with, since I think it would have been more interesting to see a kakkoi/popular brother fighting his love for Mei VS Hiro's butler-forbidden love.

Anyhow, glad I started watching this show!

hazi_yu

Post by hazi_yu » Feb 12th, '09, 18:41

ok to be honest, ive been keeping myself in check and refused to download the raw as i KNEW that i will be tempted to watch.and i hate watching things without subs! but ohmigosh the preview for the hug at the end of ep 4 TOTALLY killed me and when i couldnt take it anymore, i came to a very odd compromise:

i downloaded the raw of ep 5, fast forwarded through out the whole thing ( so that i dont spoil the story for myself) and now, i just KEEP replaying the hug scene. It was just so well executed that i cant help but watch it over and over again.ill refrain from further discussion so as not to spoil it for everyone else but ohmigosh have i gone mad or what?i feel sorry for myself but i cant prevent myself from hitting the rewing button to the just right scene and then pressing play and pause before the show progresses further.do i need help?should i go see a doctor tml?

sincerely yours,
rabid mizushima hiro and nana fan. (aieee the facial expressions and emotions those two can convey with just a single look!!) *melts* *faints* *picks self up from floor and continues refreshing subs page*

icheaven

am I insane too?

Post by icheaven » Feb 13th, '09, 02:19

:w00t: @ hazi_yu...thought myself as odd since i kept rewinding the scene where rihito hugged mei from d back...its just so kawaii...likewise, need to go to psychiatrist, don't u think? :mrgreen:

icheaven

Post by icheaven » Feb 13th, '09, 02:22

:wub: patiently waitng for ep05 softsub/ timeles sub... :crazy: this series seemed to be childish yet enjoyable...

Laôshu_TVXQ

Post by Laôshu_TVXQ » Feb 13th, '09, 19:02

Ah ! I notice something, maybe it's false but look at this:

If you look at this picture you can see that Tami-hime has short hair, like the girl that we see with Lucia...

And more, she is just beside Lucia ! Characters more important for the moment, in the drama, aren't so close to Mei or Lucia... I think it's a clue...

cammy_blue

Post by cammy_blue » Feb 14th, '09, 04:39

I also haven't watched ep 4 and 5 but I have such a strong urge to watch it. Reading the comments just makes me want to watch it even more.

this whole master/butler forbidden love thing is interesting, because seriously for some of them you can tell it's really sketch or love love like. I do root for Mei and Rihito, it's hard not too. I feel bad for the brother too because you can see him trying to help her and he cares for her a lot too.

I am d/ling the raw right now. I can't wait!
Also about the girl in the shadows, my guess is also tami-hime. I refused to believe she really is whack as they make her seem. also the hair. Plus, she lives in the same housing, etc.

Machihxh

Post by Machihxh » Feb 14th, '09, 06:24

Laôshu_TVXQ wrote:Ah ! I notice something, maybe it's false but look at this:

If you look at this picture you can see that Tami-hime has short hair, like the girl that we see with Lucia...

And more, she is just beside Lucia ! Characters more important for the moment, in the drama, aren't so close to Mei or Lucia... I think it's a clue...
Tami-hime is Tanimura Mitsuki right, the one who is often seen with Mei in Mei's room? [spoiler]I thought Tami-hime and Mei got along well, but now that I think about it perhaps Tami is just putting on an act to be nice to her so she can relay any information back to Lucia. Hmm... :scratch: [/spoiler]

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 15th, '09, 01:36

Machihxh wrote:
Laôshu_TVXQ wrote:Ah ! I notice something, maybe it's false but look at this:

Tami-hime is Tanimura Mitsuki right, the one who is often seen with Mei in Mei's room? [spoiler]I thought Tami-hime and Mei got along well, but now that I think about it perhaps Tami is just putting on an act to be nice to her so she can relay any information back to Lucia. Hmm... :scratch: [/spoiler]
well if that is it is man that would very bad but ................... :scratch:

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 15th, '09, 01:55

The whole thing about butlers/girls being forbidden to date and what not seems like something that all the girls are breaking, anyway. Well, most of them. It seems clear to me that all the girls are very fond of their butlers and vice versa. And, it also appears that there is romantic love between a few of their girls and their butlers. I would be a bit disappointed if the other girls blast Mei because of the photos - from my point of view, at least three or four of them are in love with their butlers too.

I also have a feeling that
Rose and her butler are married or something.
It would be be too funny if that were the case.

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Feb 15th, '09, 02:44

hmmm.. if that we're the case.. there is usually a spy..

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 15th, '09, 09:28

nikkibell84 wrote:The whole thing about butlers/girls being forbidden to date and what not seems like something that all the girls are breaking, anyway. Well, most of them. It seems clear to me that all the girls are very fond of their butlers and vice versa. And, it also appears that there is romantic love between a few of their girls and their butlers. I would be a bit disappointed if the other girls blast Mei because of the photos - from my point of view, at least three or four of them are in love with their butlers too.

Yes. you are very right. you can see that every gilr in that school is so in love with her butler. but i don't know it is a big deal when it comes to mei and rihito

after watching ep 5 with subs, i think i know the reason why rihito keeps quiet most of
times regarding mei. as S-ranked butler, he expect himself to do his duty 100% perfect and that includes not letting personal feeling gets in the way or not having any feeling towards the lady he serves.

but deep down, he knows well that he is in love with mei and this fact makes them being together as master and butler impossible. he wants to be next to mei at all the time and at present he only be next to her as her butler.

so the only way he can be next to her and protects her from shiori is to suppress his feeling and just be a best butler meantime. and this is proving to be very hard now that he is fully aware of mei's feeling towards him.

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Feb 15th, '09, 10:38

nikkibell84 wrote:The whole thing about butlers/girls being forbidden to date and what not seems like something that all the girls are breaking, anyway. Well, most of them. It seems clear to me that all the girls are very fond of their butlers and vice versa. And, it also appears that there is romantic love between a few of their girls and their butlers. I would be a bit disappointed if the other girls blast Mei because of the photos - from my point of view, at least three or four of them are in love with their butlers too.

All of them are suppose to be like that, like the mistresses and the butlers really have that romantic connection, some of them know it some of them dont know they love each other, since the stories are suppose to be Unrequited love.

the reason why they are making a big deal out of it, its because of the hugging. the others may be inlove but theyre not showing affection to each other (hug, kiss) and even if they are in love (mei and rihito) people wouldnt know that because the girls dont care anything about mei, its the action that stirs them up. since its the law of their school and all.

anyways love that part when shinobu and rihito talked to each other XDDDDDD and osamu and hiro's heads are really close XDD MY FAVORITE BISHIES I WENT KYAAA OVER IT XDD osamu was even holding hiro's face HAHAHHA

shinichilj

Post by shinichilj » Feb 15th, '09, 14:21

how bout what the letter that Rose-sama got with her? I think its a family photo of Mei-chan right? how bout the letter, what did it write?
hehe.
it would be very nice if someone can write out the contents or of what we can see?
hehe. im dying to know....
thanks so much! :mrgreen:

lucky_c

Post by lucky_c » Feb 15th, '09, 16:48

While a lot of them probably do love each other [Rika/Aoyama, Izumi/Kiba and then Fujiko/Nezu being obvious ones], I think the fact that something as scandalous as a hug will make the other girls rag on her, because it's something that had never happened before. Whether they can tell that Mei and Rihito love each other or not, I think that just seeing a picture of them hug is shocking.
However, I will still root for Kento/Mei. X3

Laôshu_TVXQ

Post by Laôshu_TVXQ » Feb 15th, '09, 16:53

Me too, i want Kento / Mei !

hazi_yu

Post by hazi_yu » Feb 15th, '09, 18:33

ahhhh miruku-chan is soooo adorable! i think she stole the show for this episode (eherm except for the hug scene of course lols). i find her really really endearing and she totally made me LOL-ed when flying the helicopter (with the aviator shades and the im totally cool and in control face ), inventing the rihito sama fantasy vision glasses (or whatever you can call THOSE things haha!) and even when she was having fun at the theme park!her laughter is so infectious and at the last scene, when she was studying with mei, i couldnt help but want to join in the cheek pinching session too! =))

and as for those rihito vision glasses, i only have one thing to say : where can i get one??ebay?yeasia?i cant imagine hiro having to act out that particular scene "in the glasses", if i were him i would have to laugh at least 10 times before finally being able to pull it off with a straight face!

soohana

Post by soohana » Feb 15th, '09, 18:46

I love this series so much !! especially episode 5 .. i love how rihito feel embrassed after the hugging part..ahh!! that hugging part also quite funny to me!! it supposed to be romantic..but when rihito come to his sense..hahaha..i hope both of them can slowly develop some romance..hehehe.. can't wait for the next episode.. ^_^

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 15th, '09, 21:03

i alsos agree that all the girls seem that way but to come and jump on their case just because of a hug ahh c'mon :x
oh what the girl who lost he buttler to Mei in the first few wpisode u can clearly see that they have a romantic something going
yes they didin't hug or anything but geeze :glare:

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 15th, '09, 22:15

I think when it comes to the romantic feelings that some of the girls and their butlers have, they know better then to say it out loud. It's sort of an unspoken thing between all of them. After re watching the ending and the preview, it didn't seem like the other girls were upset with Mei. More disappointed and even a little annoyed that she and her butler could show that type of affection and they can't. Or rather, their butlers won't show it.
When they showed the dancing in the preview, it looked like the girls were all paired up with butlers that weren't their own. Maybe Rose's way of stopping all the romance.

lucky_c

Post by lucky_c » Feb 16th, '09, 00:38

misuzana wrote:i alsos agree that all the girls seem that way but to come and jump on their case just because of a hug ahh c'mon :x
oh what the girl who lost he buttler to Mei in the first few wpisode u can clearly see that they have a romantic something going
You have to realize that this is Japan, a country where in most of their dramas, there aren't any kisses or hugs. To them, public displays of affection = huge.
nikkibell84 wrote:I think when it comes to the romantic feelings that some of the girls and their butlers have, they know better then to say it out loud. It's sort of an unspoken thing between all of them. After re watching the ending and the preview, it didn't seem like the other girls were upset with Mei. More disappointed and even a little annoyed that she and her butler could show that type of affection and they can't. Or rather, their butlers won't show it.
When they showed the dancing in the preview, it looked like the girls were all paired up with butlers that weren't their own. Maybe Rose's way of stopping all the romance.
I think them being disappointed/jealous is more plausible than them simply getting upset and bullying her about it.
I think of the dance as more of interaction between the different butlers and ladies, but it might be to prevent romance? Although it does seem like something only for a festival or something. Plus, unless she was doing it for her own entertainment, I don't think she'd pair up Rihito and Lucia.

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Feb 16th, '09, 06:13

lucky_c wrote:
misuzana wrote:i alsos agree that all the girls seem that way but to come and jump on their case just because of a hug ahh c'mon :x
You have to realize that this is Japan, a country where in most of their dramas, there aren't any kisses or hugs. To them, public displays of affection = huge.
I fully agree with you. If that show was US-made, in this scene Rihito would've kissed her rather passionately.... hugging from behind in Japan TV is somewhere on that level.
I think of the dance as more of interaction between the different butlers and ladies, but it might be to prevent romance? Although it does seem like something only for a festival or something. Plus, unless she was doing it for her own entertainment, I don't think she'd pair up Rihito and Lucia.
I'm not sure what kind of possible consequences Rihito might face, but since Lucia think it's acceptable to destroy him as long as he returns, she might very well threaten him on his butler-qualification... I wonder if Rihito will keep his "S-level" rank after that hug. Also, it seems like the writers are introducing Kento as a more serious rival now; while Rihito's shoveling his own grave, Kento is there when Mei needs him, and she's also still comfortable around him... Depending on what evil things Lzcia & Shinobu have up their sleeves, Rihito might be forced to surrender.
I mean, when he took Lucia's hand in the preview, his eyes looked kind of dead, didn't they?
Ahhhh! I really want the next episode! :w00t: [/spoiler]

Kazen

Post by Kazen » Feb 16th, '09, 07:03

shinichilj wrote:how bout what the letter that Rose-sama got with her? I think its a family photo of Mei-chan right?
A very rough translation (why did I download the standard quality??):
The letter is written by Mei's mom and starts off with the usual: How are you, it's been a while, etc. The interesting part (that I can make out) is the part they zoom in on--"Mei is turning two." Then boring parent talk, "She's growing up so fast!" etc. The last sentence is also interesting:

"I'm looking forward to the day the two of you" (that is, Mei and the letter receiver) "can meet."

The interesting part--she uses 逢う instead of the more common 会う. As far as I understand 逢うis used for people with a very close relationship... it's not an everyday word. It can also imply romantic involvement, though not always.

Another interesting part--while Rose is reading the letter there is nothing saying who it is written to--no "Dear Whomever", no address (the writing on the envelope is Mei's mom's name).
This leads me to my Grand Theory:
The wiki synopsis has been bugging me:
The story revolves around a young woman named Mei, who was rescued as a young girl by someone calling himself her "butler." With only a vague memory, though, the experience seems like just a dream. But one day, after her parents' accidental death, he appears...
We haven't seen this yet, only the accidental death. I have a feeling we're going to get a big flashback with a young Rihito saving a very young Mei. Perhaps they planned to have it earlier in the series but cut it for time. (Have you noticed that the end credits usually run over story instead of the music video? I think they're running short on time most eps.)

I think that, just maybe, this letter was originally intended for Rihito but Rose got her hands on it one way or another.
I've been thinking about this one for a while. -_^

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 16th, '09, 07:18

[quote="Kazen"]
We haven't seen this yet, only the accidental death. I have a feeling we're going to get a big flashback with a young Rihito saving a very young Mei. Perhaps they planned to have it earlier in the series but cut it for time. (Have you noticed that the end credits usually run over story instead of the music video? I think they're running short on time most eps.)

I think that, just maybe, this letter was originally intended for Rihito but Rose got her hands on it one way or another.
Interesting idea, and one I could see working. I remember reading somewhere that
the idea of Mei having been saved by a butler before was still going to be included in the plot.
And, it isn't too late to add that in. It would also explain some of the conversations the brothers have had in the past. Rihito is always saying that Kento should know why he wants to serve Mei, and that could explain it nicely.

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Feb 16th, '09, 09:53

That's a good point. It also would make sense in fulfilling the "drama rule" that he who meets the girl first is the one who will get the girl in the end. ;)
Without that little trick, it would've been Kento, right?
But that also tosses up an intersting question... just how much does/did Kento know?
It's obvious that some kind of conversation happened between them about why Rihito serves Mei, but when did that take place? Only after the incident, when Rihito became Mei's butler, or before that?
In addition, Rihito only became assigned as Mei's butler after the grandfather knew about her (or decided that now she's alone she's fair game for his power games), then why is Shinobe implying that Rihito left Lucia because of Mei? After all, Rihito quit serving Lucia one year earlier... or did he serve someone entirely different before that? (I'm, not quite clear there... Aoyama said as much in the third episode, that Rihito was in the Academy a year ago - or maybe, the entire last year?, but didn't serve anyone.
Unless he was Lucia's top secret butler, or no longer her butler but her lover/BF, then what reason would Rihito have to stay at the academy? He used to call her Shiori, by her first name without the "sama", so obviously their relationship had passed the butler/master level by far...
Or, going by the manga, did he receive the same orders from Grandpa in regards to Lucia as he received in regards to Mei - to sleep with her and marry her
?

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 16th, '09, 13:21

wow, so many posts to catch up and i am at work

just reading above notes
regarding the letter that rose had, i really don't thing that it belongs to rihito. we saw in an earlier ep that rose said "mei is exactly like her mother" she means that she knew her from before.
i think they have being friends since they were young and they used to write to eachother.
but i am confused about what sort of relation she rose has with mei's grand father?

and rihito saving mei when she was very young?? maybe but i hardly can imagine it.

and by the way, how old is rihito suppose to be? what is the age gap between mei and rihito in the drama. i am aware of the manga age gap. by the look of it, rihito can't be over 26 the most (more like hiro's current age 24)

and i think that rihito keeps saying that he did not get an order to be mei's butler and it was his own will to serve her.

when he told kento that you know why? is because he is aware of his brother love for mei and he knows that he will understand why he has chosen mei instead of shiori. but i really don't think that kento knows how much his brother is in love with mei or trying to ignore the fact.

and yes, i think all girls not really as much angry with her but they are shock of how both of them let this to happen so openly. more like blaming rihito more than mei cus he is the s-rank butler and he should know better than mei that has no experience in all these.
and i really felt sad when i saw how sad rihito was holding shiori's hand.
i hope they just make the story in a way that he has to surronder. and i really did not know that shiori did not like mei because of rihito.

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Feb 17th, '09, 00:34

Kazen wrote:
shinichilj wrote:how bout what the letter that Rose-sama got with her? I think its a family photo of Mei-chan right?
The letter is written by Mei's mom and starts off with the usual: How are you, it's been a while, etc. The interesting part (that I can make out) is the part they zoom in on--"Mei is turning two." Then boring parent talk, "She's growing up so fast!" etc. The last sentence is also interesting:

"I'm looking forward to the day the two of you" (that is, Mei and the letter receiver) "can meet."

The interesting part--she uses 逢う instead of the more common 会う. As far as I understand 逢うis used for people with a very close relationship... it's not an everyday word. It can also imply romantic involvement, though not always.

Another interesting part--while Rose is reading the letter there is nothing saying who it is written to--no "Dear Whomever", no address (the writing on the envelope is Mei's mom's name).
The story revolves around a young woman named Mei, who was rescued as a young girl by someone calling himself her "butler." With only a vague memory, though, the experience seems like just a dream. But one day, after her parents' accidental death, he appears...

but thats in the manga, it would make sense if it happened in the manga, but here i dont know cause how old does rihito have to be and how old mei is suppose to be?

i think the letter is suppose to be rose-sama's, coz i remember on episode 3 mei visited rose and ask for why is izumi dropping out of school and when mei left rose said "shes nosy, just like her mother..." so im thinking they have met before.

and kintaro-ojisama had been speaking with rose-sama too.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 17th, '09, 00:55

kanshu wrote:
lucky_c wrote:
I fully agree with you. If that show was US-made, in this scene Rihito would've kissed her rather passionately.... hugging from behind in Japan TV is somewhere on that level.
oh k i get it i should have figure that out since i have been watching dramas for a while now :P butthankz anyways for explaining a little more :-)

Kazen

Post by Kazen » Feb 17th, '09, 01:08

but thats in the manga, it would make sense if it happened in the manga, but here i dont know cause how old does rihito have to be and how old mei is suppose to be?

i think the letter is suppose to be rose-sama's, coz i remember on episode 3 mei visited rose and ask for why is izumi dropping out of school and when mei left rose said "shes nosy, just like her mother..." so im thinking they have met before.

and kintaro-ojisama had been speaking with rose-sama too.
Never read the manga... though I may have to now. All in the name of studying, of course. -_^

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 17th, '09, 01:13

i also have been reading the different discussion but i just want to add :whistling:
how are we sure that mei mother is really mei mother ? it could be that the something that surposply happen(where they said she was saved by someone calling themself a buttler) where she was the adopted in some bizzar process
where Rose and her Mei Mother keep in touch secretly :unsure:
IDK i was just think this weird plot thingy :scratch:

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Feb 17th, '09, 02:20

this is giving me a headache...

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 17th, '09, 02:37

colyn7 wrote:this is giving me a headache...
:lol :salut: :D

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Feb 17th, '09, 06:45

hahaha.. But I almost cried on Episode 5..
I like Miruku-sama.. now that she's sided with Mei.. It's nice that everyone now is fighting with Mei-side.. hmmm.. who do you think give the picture to Lucia-sama?

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Feb 17th, '09, 11:39

haha yeah, i think we shouldnt make too many speculations.

but anyways we will know soon, i hope they cover all the mysterious things throughout the drama and not leave us hanging T_T or we'll have to bug for a second season or a SP.

btw im watching the episode tonight on keyhole 30mins to go XD

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 17th, '09, 12:54

I've been thinking about the mysterious girl who reports to Lucia and this is far out of left field and nearly impossible, but -

Could it be Mei's friend or Mei's friend's sister from back home? Okay, I know it's insane. But, I also know that the girl (for dramatic purposes) must be someone who Mei would least suspect, someone she would consider to be close to her. So. . . just throwing it out there.

Laôshu_TVXQ

Post by Laôshu_TVXQ » Feb 17th, '09, 12:57

We have Right
This is Tami. I watched the 6 episode... He is fantastic !

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Feb 17th, '09, 13:16

Laôshu_TVXQ wrote:We have Right
What are you saying, Tami's a guy???? :blink
And please, how about some spoilers? :) You can't just leave us hanging high and dry and chewing our fingernails! ;)

Laôshu_TVXQ

Post by Laôshu_TVXQ » Feb 17th, '09, 13:23

kanshu wrote:
Laôshu_TVXQ wrote:We have Right
What are you saying, Tami's a guy???? :blink
And please, how about some spoilers? :) You can't just leave us hanging high and dry and chewing our fingernails! ;)
No !!!!!!
Tami is the girl who is with Lucia
Episode 6 is fantastic.

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Feb 17th, '09, 13:41

Laôshu_TVXQ wrote:
No !!!!!!
Episode 6 is fantastic.
Oh, okay... Sorry, I got a bit confused with the "he" in your sentence. :)

So... what happened in episode 6, outside of that revelation?
Was Rihito forced to make a choice? Will Shinobu become Me-chan's new butler? (Now, actually, that would make a rather interesting plot twist. ;))

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Feb 17th, '09, 13:44

Ive written what happened in tonight's episode (ep 6):
http://heroismine.livejournal.com/325182.html#cutid1 (CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS)

Laôshu_TVXQ

Post by Laôshu_TVXQ » Feb 17th, '09, 13:49

kanshu wrote:
Laôshu_TVXQ wrote:
No !!!!!!
Episode 6 is fantastic.
Oh, okay... Sorry, I got a bit confused with the "he" in your sentence. :)

So... what happened in episode 6, outside of that revelation?
Was Rihito forced to make a choice? Will Shinobu become Me-chan's new butler? (Now, actually, that would make a rather interesting plot twist. ;))
I don't speak Japanese very well i don't understand all the episode but:
All the girls have to change theirs butlers with others, probably for cut all romance between students and butlers. So Mei has Mameshiba and Lucia has Rihito.

Mameshiba tells to Mei that he loves her...

This is the two big spoil.
Last edited by Laôshu_TVXQ on Feb 17th, '09, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Feb 17th, '09, 14:24

Shiget^ wrote:Ive written what happened in tonight's episode (ep 6):
http://heroismine.livejournal.com/325182.html#cutid1 (CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS)
Wow! Thank you very much for the effort!

Now I'm really, really, really, REALLY wanting to watch the episode! :D

yupasama

Post by yupasama » Feb 17th, '09, 14:26

Me2....waiting for episode 6!!!

hazi_yu

Post by hazi_yu » Feb 17th, '09, 14:43

Kazen wrote:

thank you so much for translating the letter!ive really been wondering what it meant.and i like your grand theory, sounds very plausible indeed. and i really do hope that it if turns out tobe true, they'll actually give us the flashback scene.will be delightful to watch,particularly with the fantastic cinematography that we've been getting with this drama.

i dunno whether i was simply obsessing but the clouds in the background during the scene in which shinobu confronts rihito about his and mei's feelings for each other? absolutely amazing! (although i was uncomfortable with shinobu looking like he was gonna jump on rihito, particularly with the cheek caress thing.creepy.stay off my man shinobu!!)

icheaven

Post by icheaven » Feb 17th, '09, 20:03

just an info...

From d official its shows the age of each character:

RIHITO- 21
MEI-CHAN -17
KENTO-17
LUCIA- ? ( :mrgreen: )
SHINOBU-? ( :P )

-if I'm mistaken...sorry in advance :whistling:

UkeYutaka

Post by UkeYutaka » Feb 18th, '09, 00:46

About the wiki synopsis.

I think it is based on the storyline of the manga.
This scene ist just shown in the first few sites.^^

But I can be mistaken...^^'''

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Feb 18th, '09, 01:08

oh god! ep. 6 is out! im going to watch it right now because it was so interesting last week!
i wonder what's gonna happen to the two of them!?

jazztonish

Post by jazztonish » Feb 18th, '09, 12:59

Love watching this drama~
I root for Rihito and Mei. <3

mnsl

Post by mnsl » Feb 18th, '09, 15:11

in ep 7..looks like mei is leaving schoo.
is rihito following her??
wat will happen to mameshiba..
i didn reli understand the preview...
but the part where the gurls n butlers wana give her presents is funny...

a2a

Post by a2a » Feb 18th, '09, 19:10

I just watched ep6 and I loved it! This drama is getting more interesting by the episode. I like how the romance unfolds in the story.
I loled at this small butler- lady exchange they did and Mameshiba's first night with Mei (Takeru is so cute here it makes me want to hug & squeeze him!). I was also shocked when Tami turned out to be Lucia's spy! I though she was an airhead but nothing more! Now I can't wait for the next episode!
Damn the preview for 7 looks so interesting!

believeinkarma

Post by believeinkarma » Feb 19th, '09, 01:57

i have a theory....
i think the other girl from the ombra rank is the bad one...the one named tanimura mitsuki?
tabun....

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 19th, '09, 02:03

so all those who said that tami was the spy u all were right but man she is messed up Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :-(
anyhow i like epsiode even if i didn't understandsome ofthe things that went on lol :-)
episode 7 waiting...................................... :P
Last edited by misuzana on Feb 19th, '09, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 19th, '09, 02:35

I have to say this show is getting more enjoyable. At this point, I really do like most of the characters and think the storylines are building nicely. I enjoyed episode six:

- The butler exchange had some humorous moments, but I also think it proved just how much the butlers and girls need each other. It just doesn't work if it's someone else.

- I also like how the girls have warmed up to Mei. It's always seemed like they were more annoyed with her 'country' ways than anything else. So, I like that they are nicer to her now.

- Kento has really grown on me. I love the way he is slowly maturing. I think what he said at the end was really lovely. He really does want Mei to be happy, even if that means he won't be.

- Speaking of which, does anyone else think maybe Kento and Natsumi (Mei's other childhood friend) could be together down the road? I ask, because it's clear she feels for him what he feels for Mei. And honestly, there really are moments when I think Kento deserves more than Mei. Don't get me wrong, I love Mei, but. . . he deserves someone to love who will fully love him back. That is something i don't think Mei can do.

-Is Rihito annoying anyone else? I just keep wishing he'd do something more. I know he shows he cares through his actions, but. . . it's killing me. I do want him to just have the courage to say how he really and truly feels. He'll have to soon, if the previews aren't misleading.

- Mei/Rihito or Mei/Kento? Who knows. But, I'm totally in love with Fujiko/Nazu right now. I think what sold me was, and this is strange, the fact that he pretended it was all good in front of her, but than got drunk when alone. It was something out of a Korean drama, and a weakness of mine in the drama world.

- Lucia continues to be creepy/crazy/annoying. And, it still seems like she's doing everything to get Rihito back, which is just annoying to me. What kind of weak person does all the horrible things she does to get a person back? I understand that he was most likely the first person that was truly nice to her since she joined the Hongo family, but. . . I still feel she goes too far in her actions.

- Tami's 'betrayal' wasn't too surprising. I had an idea it was her since episode two or three. But, I still feel bad for Mei and even Tami's butler, Kanda. I don't think Kanda knew, and I'm not sure how he'll feel about it, but. . . it's clear Tami isn't the person everyone thought she was.

From the preview:

- It looks/sounds like Mei is head to America. (I think I heard America.) It also seems like the girls have prepared gifts and a show of some sort. Cute. I look forward to it.

believeinkarma

Post by believeinkarma » Feb 19th, '09, 05:29

misuzana wrote:so all those who said that tami was the spy u all were right but man she is messed up Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :-(

anyhow i like epsiode even if i didn't understandsome ofthe things that went on lol :-)
omggg i guess right haha
so funny... i could be a detective

ehhh but you spoiled it for me..oh well
i cant wait until the subs are out!!!

shamscism

Post by shamscism » Feb 19th, '09, 06:52

OH well...

I have read the last two chapters of the manga added in mangafox.com..
talking bout the exchanging of butlers, rihito is being paired with lucia but it wasn't mameshiba who was with mei but shinobu.
they danced and everyone WOWed when rihito and lucia danced together and very couple-like.

the development of the story in the live action is fast and has twisted the plot.
but i'm excited about what's going to happen next..and mameshiba gets really interesting.
i love rihitoxmei..but i love kentoxmei too... :mrgreen:

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Feb 19th, '09, 08:32

i really come to like this drama even though i didn`t know the manga.

reem-

Post by reem- » Feb 19th, '09, 10:14

Wow in ep 5 .. hiro was so cute hugging mei..also his face when he was worried OW.. so damn CUTE..!
I think that this dorama is the best drama for this season ..
CANT WAIT FOR SIX ...

Question guys.. from where did you get the subtitle for Ep.6 ?

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 19th, '09, 12:10

nikkibell84 wrote:I have to say this show is getting more enjoyable. At this point, I really do like most of the characters and think the storylines are building nicely. I enjoyed episode six:

- The butler exchange had some humorous moments, but I also think it proved just how much the butlers and girls need each other. It just doesn't work if it's someone else.

- I also like how the girls have warmed up to Mei. It's always seemed like they were more annoyed with her 'country' ways than anything else. So, I like that they are nicer to her now.

- Kento has really grown on me. I love the way he is slowly maturing. I think what he said at the end was really lovely. He really does want Mei to be happy, even if that means he won't be.

- Speaking of which, does anyone else think maybe Kento and Natsumi (Mei's other childhood friend) could be together down the road? I ask, because it's clear she feels for him what he feels for Mei. And honestly, there really are moments when I think Kento deserves more than Mei. Don't get me wrong, I love Mei, but. . . he deserves someone to love who will fully love him back. That is something i don't think Mei can do.

-Is Rihito annoying anyone else? I just keep wishing he'd do something more. I know he shows he cares through his actions, but. . . it's killing me. I do want him to just have the courage to say how he really and truly feels. He'll have to soon, if the previews aren't misleading.

- Mei/Rihito or Mei/Kento? Who knows. But, I'm totally in love with Fujiko/Nazu right now. I think what sold me was, and this is strange, the fact that he pretended it was all good in front of her, but than got drunk when alone. It was something out of a Korean drama, and a weakness of mine in the drama world.

- Lucia continues to be creepy/crazy/annoying. And, it still seems like she's doing everything to get Rihito back, which is just annoying to me. What kind of weak person does all the horrible things she does to get a person back? I understand that he was most likely the first person that was truly nice to her since she joined the Hongo family, but. . . I still feel she goes too far in her actions.

- Tami's 'betrayal' wasn't too surprising. I had an idea it was her since episode two or three. But, I still feel bad for Mei and even Tami's butler, Kanda. I don't think Kanda knew, and I'm not sure how he'll feel about it, but. . . it's clear Tami isn't the person everyone thought she was.

From the preview:

- It looks/sounds like Mei is head to America. (I think I heard America.) It also seems like the girls have prepared gifts and a show of some sort. Cute. I look forward to it.
as for me
yes. i am also getting annoyed with rihito. i am rooting for him and mei but they way he is now, i am becoming more and more of kento fan.
i can clearly see how he is pain though when he was serving lucia-sama (the devil).
and kento is getting more adorable with each ep. you can't help not to feel for him.

as i watching ep 6 last night, it occured to me that rihito might step back in loving mei as he heard it from him brother mouth clearly how he loved her since they were young. so may give his brother a chance in that too. i really don't want that story to go that way. it would be more intersting tory if both of them compete together for mei's love.

oh, and the look on shiori's face when she told rihito "hope to see him again soon" as he was leaving was priceless.just realised that she does not mean anything for him now.
rihito's face so emotionless when he was holding her hand. i just love it

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 19th, '09, 21:31

believeinkarma wrote:
misuzana wrote:so all those who said that tami was the spy u all were right but man she is messed up Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :-(

omggg i guess right haha
so funny... i could be a detective

ehhh but you spoiled it for me..oh well
i cant wait until the subs are out!!!
u know what i gonna do that now :salut:

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Feb 20th, '09, 08:47

I'm still waiting for watching episode 6 with subtitles, but the story certainly has taken an interesting twist.
First of all, as expected, the situation between Mei and Rihito became unbearable. They are both very much aware of what Rihito's hug meant, they both know that the rules are breached, and they both have no idea how to solve the dilemma.
Then, there's Kento - so far Mei's safety blanket, the one to who she always was able to turn because she considered him her very good friend. Alas, Kento's spilled the beans and announced his feelings for her... Things became equally awkward between Mei and him now, though for a different reason, as Mei doesn't feel the same for him as she does for Rihito.

For Mei, this is a no-win scenario. No matter what Rihito's hug implicates, Mei still thinks that the one he loves/needs is Lucia-sama, and the "perfect harmony" between Rihito&Lucia during the time of swap only reinforced that impression.
I think if they really keep the "marry her" part of the manga (which I honestly don't understand - what kind of silly plot point is that? A rich man, biggest company in the country, wants his granddaughter&successor marry her butler? And give him a position of influence, or is he just supposed to play princecess consort? The author certainly hasn't watched HYD! ;)), the next thing that will happen is for Mei to flat out refuse any of Rihito's feelings.
Then again, the situation is explosive enough as it is. As her feelings for Rihito have grown, she wants him to be happy. She knows that he's devoted to her as her butler what about his true feelings? Maybe leaving, as it suggested in the preview, is Mei's attempt to seet the situation right; with her gone Rihito can return to Lucia... Or maybe she'll make a brave step forward, now that Kento found the courage to confess, Mei will also confess her feelings to Rihito?
Talking about Kento, there goes her childhood friend... She turned to him for relief, now all the "childish" bantering and physical contact will stop. Tami turned out to be the enemy, her other friends in school are not really that close... With the "end" of this friendship, another end of happy memories come, because thinking of Kento will forever be connected to his confession.

Talking about Kento, I really admire him for his courage and for his attempt to righten things again. In that, he clearly outsmarts and beats his older brother. Granted, Kento's ways of doing things are often based on his youthful enthusiasm, but he also has a deep and caring side. Most of all, he can't just sit down and watch how people get hurt, he's doing something about it. Even if the outcome isn't always what he desires... I'm really curious to see how that character would turn out as an adult, ten years down the road... :)
In any case, he now has to deal with the consequences of his confession... a lot frrienship and a lost love... and Mei was the reason why he wanted to become a butler... Mhm, interesting... does that mean that Kento will quit being a butler-trainee? Or is his goal still to become Mei's butler? But if she really ends up with Rihito, that would be utterly awkward! So maybe Kento will striving to become the best butler (equalling Rihito's "S" rank), and serve another master?

Rihito.... I guess I'm the only one in theis thread who isn't annoyed at Rihito's behaviour? ;) Actually, I can see where his "inactivity" comes from, and I have a good guess what his next steps will be. The poor man is being pushed to his limits, and when he falls apart it won't be a nice view. :)
So, why is Rihito like a punching bag, a wet cloth at the moment? Why doesn't he do something? Well, he actually does a lot, but keep in mind that Rihito's a butler, has been a butler for years, even is an s-rank butler. That comes with a lot of training and conditioning. He's trained and conditioned to be a butler, to ignore his own wishes and suppress his own feelings. That is why he can serve Lucia and you don't see him being unpleasent towards her (and I think he has a lot of anger towards her by now)... Rihito's simply supressing whatever feelings he has so that he can be a good butler. That's why grandfather's observation about Rihito becoming fuzzy about the situation ("Butlers are humans, too!") as well as Shinobu's verbal onslaught are having an effect on Rihito. Rihito's losing control over himself and the situation rapidly. As a butler, he's becoming inefficient because he can't supress his feelings properly and starts acting on them. As a male, he is too inhibited by his butler-training to openly act on his feelings (hence the utter shock&disgust at his own actions when he hugged Mei). Episode 6 had Rihito trying to figure out what to do. Shinobu's words come back to haunt him - the one who's causing problems for Mei is Rihito (public humiliation for Mei because of the hug!), the one who's causing Mei hurt is Rihito (he saw clearly the consequences that him serving Lucia had on Mei, how hurt she was)... As a butler, Rihito's failing - because he crossed the line (no matter wether Mei liked him first, but she never crossed any lines. It was Rihito who grabbed her arm, and also it was him who hugged her.), and he's not trying to stop Mei's feelings, disencourage her love for him. As a male, he's equally failing - the scene where he stands outside of Mei's room, listening to his brother's confession and being unable to do anything after that... How much more sad can a person get?
At the end of the day, it is not Rihito who "restores order" (like he did in episode 3), but it's Kento who breaks the laws to set things right again. I wonder how long Rihito will be called "Rihito-sama"... it seems to me that people are beginning to lose respect for him, while Kento certainly earned a lot of respect from the other butlers (even if they might turn the nose at his uncuth manners, but they certainly respect him for having the guts to act)...
The only way for Rihito to overcome the impasse is to make a choice - be a butler, or be a man. He either puts an end to the relationship with Mei, rebuffing her feelings until they'll die down a few months down the road... or he stops being her butler and confesses his feelings to her. It's going to become a hard fight within Rihito. Already, the tormoils of the conflict are threatening to tear him apart, and the inner stress is incredible. Still, he's not at his breaking point yet, the pressure needs to be higher so that he's going to overcome his fears (being Mei's butler is what he wants, but he can't when he admits his feelings to her... at the same time, he wants to admit his feelings to Mei and further their relationship, but he can't because of the butler rules, and he's afaraid to be seperated from Mei for good, or even lose his butler qualifications)... I guess that it will still take another two episodes before the pressure's big enough to force Rihito into a decision... until then, he's going to remain the one being smacked and shouted at, the one who's pushed to the corners and who's getting more and more useless...

Lucia... She's really going nuts. I think I begin to understand why grandfather is so bent on replacing her as a heir, and maybe why Rihito really left her service and her butler's now a doctor (on a side thought, maybe there's a connection between Shinobu and Tami that we haven't encountered yet? It's clear that Shinobu has feelings for Lucia, but what is in it for Tami? We don't know much about her family background... so maybe she was installed by Lucia in the first place? Maybe she's Shinobu's little sister, and Lucia pays for her education on this school as long as she works as her spy?
In any case, Lucia's clearly at a point where she has lost her marbles. She's solely focussed on getting Rihito back into her possesion, and also in making the company hers. (Which leads me back to thinking that Rihito is indeed the "marriage" key - whoever marries him, Lucia or Mei, will become the heir... The way grandpa treats Rihito is certainly not your normal "butler" style.)
So, Lucia's out to drive away Mei, or even better, get her killed... then Rihito has to return to her and everything will be back to how it's supposed to be. Only that Rihito will hate her guts... it would make a nice plot for a tragedy, though.
Ah... wrote so much! Sorry!
So... what will the remaining episodes bring? I'm really curious! :D

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Feb 20th, '09, 08:52

waiting for subs

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 20th, '09, 13:27

kanshu wrote:I'm still waiting for watching episode 6 with subtitles, but the story certainly has taken an interesting twist.
First of all, as expected, the situation between Mei and Rihito became unbearable. They are both very much aware of what Rihito's hug meant, they both know that the rules are breached, and they both have no idea how to solve the dilemma.
Then, there's Kento - so far Mei's safety blanket, the one to who she always was able to turn because she considered him her very good friend. Alas, Kento's spilled the beans and announced his feelings for her... Things became equally awkward between Mei and him now, though for a different reason, as Mei doesn't feel the same for him as she does for Rihito.

For Mei, this is a no-win scenario. No matter what Rihito's hug implicates, Mei still thinks that the one he loves/needs is Lucia-sama, and the "perfect harmony" between Rihito&Lucia during the time of swap only reinforced that impression.
I think if they really keep the "marry her" part of the manga (which I honestly don't understand - what kind of silly plot point is that? A rich man, biggest company in the country, wants his granddaughter&successor marry her butler? And give him a position of influence, or is he just supposed to play princecess consort? The author certainly hasn't watched HYD! ;)), the next thing that will happen is for Mei to flat out refuse any of Rihito's feelings.
Then again, the situation is explosive enough as it is. As her feelings for Rihito have grown, she wants him to be happy. She knows that he's devoted to her as her butler what about his true feelings? Maybe leaving, as it suggested in the preview, is Mei's attempt to seet the situation right; with her gone Rihito can return to Lucia... Or maybe she'll make a brave step forward, now that Kento found the courage to confess, Mei will also confess her feelings to Rihito?
Talking about Kento, there goes her childhood friend... She turned to him for relief, now all the "childish" bantering and physical contact will stop. Tami turned out to be the enemy, her other friends in school are not really that close... With the "end" of this friendship, another end of happy memories come, because thinking of Kento will forever be connected to his confession.

Talking about Kento, I really admire him for his courage and for his attempt to righten things again. In that, he clearly outsmarts and beats his older brother. Granted, Kento's ways of doing things are often based on his youthful enthusiasm, but he also has a deep and caring side. Most of all, he can't just sit down and watch how people get hurt, he's doing something about it. Even if the outcome isn't always what he desires... I'm really curious to see how that character would turn out as an adult, ten years down the road... :)
In any case, he now has to deal with the consequences of his confession... a lot frrienship and a lost love... and Mei was the reason why he wanted to become a butler... Mhm, interesting... does that mean that Kento will quit being a butler-trainee? Or is his goal still to become Mei's butler? But if she really ends up with Rihito, that would be utterly awkward! So maybe Kento will striving to become the best butler (equalling Rihito's "S" rank), and serve another master?

Rihito.... I guess I'm the only one in theis thread who isn't annoyed at Rihito's behaviour? ;) Actually, I can see where his "inactivity" comes from, and I have a good guess what his next steps will be. The poor man is being pushed to his limits, and when he falls apart it won't be a nice view. :)
So, why is Rihito like a punching bag, a wet cloth at the moment? Why doesn't he do something? Well, he actually does a lot, but keep in mind that Rihito's a butler, has been a butler for years, even is an s-rank butler. That comes with a lot of training and conditioning. He's trained and conditioned to be a butler, to ignore his own wishes and suppress his own feelings. That is why he can serve Lucia and you don't see him being unpleasent towards her (and I think he has a lot of anger towards her by now)... Rihito's simply supressing whatever feelings he has so that he can be a good butler. That's why grandfather's observation about Rihito becoming fuzzy about the situation ("Butlers are humans, too!") as well as Shinobu's verbal onslaught are having an effect on Rihito. Rihito's losing control over himself and the situation rapidly. As a butler, he's becoming inefficient because he can't supress his feelings properly and starts acting on them. As a male, he is too inhibited by his butler-training to openly act on his feelings (hence the utter shock&disgust at his own actions when he hugged Mei). Episode 6 had Rihito trying to figure out what to do. Shinobu's words come back to haunt him - the one who's causing problems for Mei is Rihito (public humiliation for Mei because of the hug!), the one who's causing Mei hurt is Rihito (he saw clearly the consequences that him serving Lucia had on Mei, how hurt she was)... As a butler, Rihito's failing - because he crossed the line (no matter wether Mei liked him first, but she never crossed any lines. It was Rihito who grabbed her arm, and also it was him who hugged her.), and he's not trying to stop Mei's feelings, disencourage her love for him. As a male, he's equally failing - the scene where he stands outside of Mei's room, listening to his brother's confession and being unable to do anything after that... How much more sad can a person get?
At the end of the day, it is not Rihito who "restores order" (like he did in episode 3), but it's Kento who breaks the laws to set things right again. I wonder how long Rihito will be called "Rihito-sama"... it seems to me that people are beginning to lose respect for him, while Kento certainly earned a lot of respect from the other butlers (even if they might turn the nose at his uncuth manners, but they certainly respect him for having the guts to act)...
The only way for Rihito to overcome the impasse is to make a choice - be a butler, or be a man. He either puts an end to the relationship with Mei, rebuffing her feelings until they'll die down a few months down the road... or he stops being her butler and confesses his feelings to her. It's going to become a hard fight within Rihito. Already, the tormoils of the conflict are threatening to tear him apart, and the inner stress is incredible. Still, he's not at his breaking point yet, the pressure needs to be higher so that he's going to overcome his fears (being Mei's butler is what he wants, but he can't when he admits his feelings to her... at the same time, he wants to admit his feelings to Mei and further their relationship, but he can't because of the butler rules, and he's afaraid to be seperated from Mei for good, or even lose his butler qualifications)... I guess that it will still take another two episodes before the pressure's big enough to force Rihito into a decision... until then, he's going to remain the one being smacked and shouted at, the one who's pushed to the corners and who's getting more and more useless...

Lucia... She's really going nuts. I think I begin to understand why grandfather is so bent on replacing her as a heir, and maybe why Rihito really left her service and her butler's now a doctor (on a side thought, maybe there's a connection between Shinobu and Tami that we haven't encountered yet? It's clear that Shinobu has feelings for Lucia, but what is in it for Tami? We don't know much about her family background... so maybe she was installed by Lucia in the first place? Maybe she's Shinobu's little sister, and Lucia pays for her education on this school as long as she works as her spy?
In any case, Lucia's clearly at a point where she has lost her marbles. She's solely focussed on getting Rihito back into her possesion, and also in making the company hers. (Which leads me back to thinking that Rihito is indeed the "marriage" key - whoever marries him, Lucia or Mei, will become the heir... The way grandpa treats Rihito is certainly not your normal "butler" style.)
So, Lucia's out to drive away Mei, or even better, get her killed... then Rihito has to return to her and everything will be back to how it's supposed to be. Only that Rihito will hate her guts... it would make a nice plot for a tragedy, though.
Ah... wrote so much! Sorry!
So... what will the remaining episodes bring? I'm really curious! :D
I really LOVED reading your insight of story. i do agree with it all
to be honest, i am annoyed of rihito for being "the one who's pushed to the corners and who's getting more and more useless... " knowing that there is nothng else he can do too.
because i really feeling his pain and despaire at the same time having no power in facing those problems.
and i also thought that orginal story in manga was way too silly (i mean the whole rihito is hired to be mei's future husband and stuff...)

but as you said, if they want to make story more exciting with no frustration, it is time for rihito (in one ot two eps) to take action.

i was thinking about the same solution. the way i see it (in the drama), rihito wants to be mei's butler so he can be next to her all the time (not like manga where he already knows that he is going to be with her by the end). not such agreement is made between rihito and grandpa in the drama so he knows as long as he is her butler, it is fine.

but now that his job as mei's butler in danger, he needs to think which one is more important to him. somehow i think that he is going to give up on being a S-ranked butler (if he still was kept to be one till then) and try to be with mei as her man.
no matter how much i am adoring kento right now, i want nothing as ending but rihito x mei

reem-

Post by reem- » Feb 20th, '09, 22:48

a2a wrote:I just watched ep6 and I loved it! This drama is getting more interesting by the episode. I like how the romance unfolds in the story.
I loled at this small butler- lady exchange they did and Mameshiba's first night with Mei (Takeru is so cute here it makes me want to hug & squeeze him!). I was also shocked when Tami turned out to be Lucia's spy! I though she was an airhead but nothing more! Now I can't wait for the next episode!
Damn the preview for 7 looks so interesting!
I just watched it too ! :wub: Oh god I'm so in love with this dorama !
I was shocked too ! I hate her .. she was annoying in the first place without bieng a spy for that freaking lucia :glare: I was worried when lucia asked tami to pick the butlers..
jeeeez .. I cant wait for the nxt ep !! in the preview Mameshiba hugged Mei..I'm so mad :cussing: I wanna see a mei/rihito hug :wub:
cant wait 4 ep 7 :alcoholic:

:wub:

meesyella

insert images

Post by meesyella » Feb 21st, '09, 05:31

hi! can you tell me what dramas these 3 inserted images (found at the bottom of your message) are from? i would like to watch them...thanks! javascript:emoticon(':D')

nikkibell84 wrote:I have to say this show is getting more enjoyable. At this point, I really do like most of the characters and think the storylines are building nicely. I enjoyed episode six:

From the preview:

:D :D