[Discussing] ~ Voice ~ (winter 09) - Eita , Toma , Satomi

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jan 28th, '09, 14:37

i don't know if anyone's feeling the same but like, i just think that the script isn't making Eita/Toma's acting skillz to the fullest, or maybe it's their characters that i can't seem to fall in love with atm- it's just different from when Eita was in Last Friends and his character is like really nice and loveable :wub: back there, but in here~ he gives a different vibe (of coz i realize it's a diff drama and all, still...i felt distant)

So yeah...for now though, i can't find myself liking the plot or anything but i'll still make myself watch this for Eita and Toma's sake. :D

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Jan 28th, '09, 16:59

Just finished ep 2 don't think I'll continue watching this series. It's dissapointing they could have really mix things up in this series make it something like CSI but instead they play it safe and follow a formula that has been done thousand of times already. Which is a shame I like the characters but the structure of the series is boring/formulaic that you already seen in other j-dramas.

pinkcandy

Initial thoughts

Post by pinkcandy » Jan 30th, '09, 16:37

I just finished the raw for ep 3, so here's my thoughts on the series so far ----

Formulaic, but of a nice quality, so I'm hoping that in a few episodes, the story will step away from the formula a little more. Otherwise, this is going to feel something like a Forensic Pathologist's propaganda series with some serious emotional manipulation happening - Sort of like Shigeshoshi was for embalmers and funeral home directors, but amped by 3x. What the hell is it with Japanese shows? I can see what they're doing a mile away, and it's so obvious, but I still end up bawling like a baby at the end. Still both those shows did bring to mind questions of how the general populous would think of professionals who deal with things like dead bodies in a manner that is neither popular nor standard for their country. If cremation is the standard, with no embalming, and there is very little use for forensic pathology - then the people involved that line of work must look like total freaks. >.>

Eita / Kaji Daiki - I always enjoy how, even with derivative characters, Eita tries to add a small twist of something. And each role he's in, he gets better at it. I think they're trying to go for a bit of a savant quirkiness, and it comes across adorable without being too heavy handed. I want to see how and why he ended up good friends with Ryosuke. Atm, I'm getting thoughts like maybe Ryosuke is the 'normal' and socially well adjusted example that Daiki leaned on/used as a litmus for good social behavior, or something. But maybe they won't go that route.

Ikuta Toma / Ishimatsu Ryosuke - Ah, the difference a director makes in his acting. I had liked him in Maou, but felt that he'd been over acting - then again, with the level of operatic gravitas the rest of the cast was flinging out at the screen, I assumed it was a directorial decision and not entirely a personal acting choice. Here, he's pulled back for a much more 'real world' rendition of his 'nice guy/friend' character that I've seen in Akihabara@DEEP and Hanakimi. Unfortunately, it's the same type of character. Positively, he seems to be going for something more nuanced and varied, so I'm enjoying it.

Endo Yuya / Kirihata Teppei - All I can say for him is HELL YEAAAhhhh. What's a show about forensic pathologist wannabes without a CSI otaku? Srsly? XD (Though, WHY MIAMI of all the versions he could be a fan of? Hopefully he's a completist that has watched all three. :glare: )

Sato Tomohito / Hanei Akira - He does the yankee thing great when he's in 'normal' mode. But I'm finding the threatening action a bit unnatural. Then again, maybe yankee really do get all hammy like that. Unfortunately for him, it's not in my cultural lexicon to find it very threatening outside of a comedic setting. I'm loving his back story - it's a perfect mix of fluff and hardass for a character like his. So cute.

Ishihara Satomi / Kuboaki Kanako - She's also cute. I'm squinting at the repeated exposure to her sob story, and hoping they don't try to soften her character too much. I like how she's softly feminine, but can still argue with the boys. It brings up good contrasts and similarities to Reiko.

Yada Akiko
/ Natsuikawa Reiko - I've never really been too into her acting, feeling her too wooden and deliberately femmy in some places and too stiff in others to do her roles justice. But here, where her character is hard, in your face ****-of-the-lab, while also being wooden, she comes across surprisingly well. Nothing spectacular of yet, but pretty serviceable.

Tokito Saburo / Sagawa Fumihiko - So he's taking his turn as the Yoda character. I guess he's doing ok. I hope that he can add a bit more to the roll than just that.

--

So far, for what I've seen, I'm not too happy with the formula being so obvious, but have hopes it'll change. I think someone other than just the women need to bring up the entire thing about how it's the cops that are supposed to investigate and the pathologists just extract and deal with data. Right now, it feels like the men are all enabling each other and the girls are just being joy-kills. But, you know.... the girls are right. That IS what forensic pathologists are supposed to do, despite also being cops (At least in the US. In they UK, aren't forensics considered a different and separate branch from the police? I know for the NYPD at least, cops go on a rotation every few years.) CSI is fantasy - all that investigating they do, doesn't actually happen in reality. It's the reason why they have police officer liasons. I like the idea of personally changing the meaning of their job description in cases where the police have stopped looking - but otherwise, the police exist for a reason.

The strengths seem to be in the more natural acting and character interaction. I'm enjoying that a lot. Daiki and Ryosuke are too adorable for words. :wub: I'm going to hold my judgment on the rest of the story. This might be one of those series that are slow to build the main arcs.

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jan 30th, '09, 22:41

So am I reading that this is sort of turning out like an episodic sort of drama? Kind of like Galileo?

I want to pick this drama up because I love Eita and Ishihara Satomi, but after reading the reviews here... o__o

pinkcandy

Post by pinkcandy » Jan 30th, '09, 23:48

I say go for it, just to see how you like it. It's episodic in the sense it does seem to be following a 1 story/case per episode format. Sort of a procedural-yet-not-really thing.

I think both Eita and Ishihara Satomi are doing great jobs, and their characters are interesting. It actually seems to be pretty high quality, with nice production values.

I'm only really bitching because it hasn't progressed far enough to tell much of anything about the series as a whole yet. I'm expecting to get that maybe in a few more episodes. For the most part, my impressions of the series is favorable. :} Just. Man. They really know how to lay it on super thick and _still_ make you cry.

yumenotenshi07

Re: Initial thoughts

Post by yumenotenshi07 » Jan 31st, '09, 00:45

pinkcandy wrote:Sato Tomohito / Hanei Akira - He does the yankee thing great when he's in 'normal' mode. But I'm finding the threatening action a bit unnatural. Then again, maybe yankee really do get all hammy like that. Unfortunately for him, it's not in my cultural lexicon to find it very threatening outside of a comedic setting.
I don't think there's anything particularly unnatural about the threatening... granted it is quite comedic, but I think that's the point. I really like the dynamic between he and Yuya. Cracks me up every time.

It's true this show is a bit... formulaic. But we'll see if it branches out a bit as the episodes progress. Lol. I feel they're trying to incorporate the detective elements of CSI in a show that's supposed to be about students learning forensic science... it doesn't quite work.

But either way, I find it to be entertaining. And I'm an enormous fan of both Endo Yuya and Sato Tomohito, so... I'm really really happy to see them in something. I have been a little disappointed because I don't think Tomohito has been in a whole lot, but either way, his scenes have been entertaining.

I also like Eita... though the only thing I've seen him in was Nodame Cantabile. I like his character in this, though.

I won't pass judgement on the show yet. I've enjoyed watching it, so I don't have any complaints. xD

Haiiro

Post by Haiiro » Jan 31st, '09, 04:29

pinkcandy wrote:I

Sato Tomohito / Hanei Akira - He does the yankee thing great when he's in 'normal' mode. But I'm finding the threatening action a bit unnatural. Then again, maybe yankee really do get all hammy like that. Unfortunately for him, it's not in my cultural lexicon to find it very threatening outside of a comedic setting. I'm loving his back story - it's a perfect mix of fluff and hardass for a character like his. So cute.
Well like you said, "in a comedic setting"...it is intended to be comedic, I think. So I don't think it's really supposed to be threatening to the viewer, even though it's supposed to appear threatening to Yuya's character.

Though, to point something out I've noticed...in a lot of Japanese media yankees are made to look that "hammy". Then again, I am going more so off of manga/anime than drama (since I am still relatively new to the drama world XD; ), but it's seemed to be kind of a staple for that type of character... ^_^;

As far as the show it's self goes, yeah...formulaic is formulaic, and I do find it a bit slow in several parts. But, I think it's still worth it for the great interaction between Toma and Eita, as well as Yuya and Tomohito. All in all it has been enjoyable for the most part, so~ onward <3

Also I love Sato Tomohito to pieces and was so happy to see him in another drama so soon after GiraGira. The man really needs more love. He's awesome.

pinkcandy

Post by pinkcandy » Jan 31st, '09, 08:47

Haiiro wrote:Well like you said, "in a comedic setting"...it is intended to be comedic, I think. So I don't think it's really supposed to be threatening to the viewer, even though it's supposed to appear threatening to Yuya's character.
See, that was the thing I wasn't sure about - whether he's just the comedy relief, if he was seriously supposed to be threatening, or whether they decided to go an extra route with the 'realism' and satirical stuff (my personal favorite) - by him being self aware of the yankee trope in media and deliberately play acting as The Wild Thug... and the otaku guy clearly understanding this shared media vocabulary, and a good sport to boot, is just pretending to be scared. Which would mean they're being cute little ghei children chasing each other around... yeah, I'm probably over thinking it. XD *cough cough*

It would be cute thooooo. :wub:

Speaking of cute - Ep 3, Toma and Eita's characters interaction in the beginning had me squealing. why are they so, so, so painfully adorable?

As for real yankee vs media yankee. I know that in media there is a tendency to portray them as total hams. (But I suspect this is due to referencing various 'classic' yankee manga, which also happened to have strong comedic elements and exaggerated expressions/gestures - The main one that comes to mind is Rokudenhashi Blues. Bebop highschool as well, maybe? Or was that only a drama?) Even the more 'serious' stories there's specific tropes that are constantly being pulled on. I was reading about the real world yankee, though, and it seems there's a level of self parody and theater to their subculture anyway, since they read yankee magazines that teach them how to be Koha(stoic manly) and the necessary behaviors to make this manliness fully realized, including helpful pose diagrams and other useful tips to crib from. At least that was the case in the 80s. The subculture changed significantly since then and, despite a recent resurgence, is considered outdated and old - sorta like Gothic Lolita is old and more for the realm of people who are actually into the subculture. Even so, it seems that media still seems to reference back to the 80s era yankee, rather than modern day street punks. Perhaps those ones are called different things.

Anyway, enough of my pretentious and barely informed blabbering. I'm going to rewatch the character bits and giggle to myself.

Haiiro

Post by Haiiro » Jan 31st, '09, 09:22

pinkcandy wrote:
Haiiro wrote:Well like you said, "in a comedic setting"...it is intended to be comedic, I think. So I don't think it's really supposed to be threatening to the viewer, even though it's supposed to appear threatening to Yuya's character.
See, that was the thing I wasn't sure about - whether he's just the comedy relief, if he was seriously supposed to be threatening, or whether they decided to go an extra route with the 'realism' and satirical stuff (my personal favorite) - by him being self aware of the yankee trope in media and deliberately play acting as The Wild Thug... and the otaku guy clearly understanding this shared media vocabulary, and a good sport to boot, is just pretending to be scared. Which would mean they're being cute little ghei children chasing each other around... yeah, I'm probably over thinking it. XD *cough cough*
I fully stand by the thought that they are running around being cute little ghei children, lol. XD

And that was actually quite informative. I learned something new!. n__n (I didn't leave it all in the quote, because it was huge, but I did read it ^^)

isbes83

Post by isbes83 » Jan 31st, '09, 10:32

i kinda like it. i watch CSI and have all the episodes. i think voice is interesting in a sense that they don'y have to investigate but they choose to doit because they sense something is missing and they wanted to know what. i really like this series.

tkchan

Post by tkchan » Jan 31st, '09, 22:46

does anyone know what the opening instrumental song is called?

I really like it!

yumenotenshi07

Post by yumenotenshi07 » Feb 2nd, '09, 02:18

Haiiro wrote:
pinkcandy wrote:
I fully stand by the thought that they are running around being cute little ghei children, lol. XD

And that was actually quite informative. I learned something new!. n__n (I didn't leave it all in the quote, because it was huge, but I did read it ^^)
THEY ARE SUPER GHEI.

Oh yeah.

Also, Eita and Toma's relationship makes me laugh.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 3rd, '09, 05:04

Rikayla wrote:So am I reading that this is sort of turning out like an episodic sort of drama? Kind of like Galileo?

I want to pick this drama up because I love Eita and Ishihara Satomi, but after reading the reviews here... o__o
It's kind of like Galileo but there's no real scientific proof or anything. Just assumptions/deductions. I preferred Galileo more. I don't even understand episode one. It didn't really make sense. How does the kid land on the other side of the tall fence O_o

Haiiro

Post by Haiiro » Feb 3rd, '09, 05:30

Episode 4 was quite a tear-jerker in a way. At least, I found myself getting a bit teary, lol. I can't wait for subs, so then I'll know if some of what I thought I understood was right or not, but still a pretty good episode.

A lot of very pretty Toma, and there was more Tomohito, as well. Fuaa~

gingin

Post by gingin » Feb 5th, '09, 14:16

pinkcandy wrote:Speaking of cute - Ep 3, Toma and Eita's characters interaction in the beginning had me squealing. why are they so, so, so painfully adorable?
I completely second that! I love all their little moments ^_^ (The remote-grappling, and food-discussion too etc)

I hope there will be many more too ^^ I think the show could use some more humour as it's really rather heavy. I hope there will be more light moments to balance it out a bit better.
seirin wrote: I don't even understand episode one. It didn't really make sense. How does the kid land on the other side of the tall fence O_o
If you jump far, the length of the drop will make your curve really wide. I agree it's a bit farfetched to land exactly there, but I don't think it's impossible.

legolasidkarlo

Post by legolasidkarlo » Feb 7th, '09, 01:51

Hmm there should be more hospital scenes
but this show got my interest so im watching it!
bwahahaha!

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Feb 7th, '09, 05:21

in ep 3, when eita and toma was like calling "Aki" together, they totally sounded like Hikaru and Karou from Ouran. haha

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 8th, '09, 00:41

looks like things will be comming more personal
but i'm liking it :-)

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Feb 8th, '09, 05:01

just finished ep4, not bad.

it's so funny seeing how Kaji is always asking "why" this and "why" that....and always have to argue with people the significance of it. But i like his character like that. The one scene at the restaurant was hella hilarious! when they're trying to cheer up Ryousuke and they repeat the same lines to get his attnetion...baka...but cute
but i'm getting a bit annoyed by the repetitive moral stories they have to talk about at the end of each episode... :roll

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Feb 8th, '09, 08:19

Watched episode 1 and so far its good, not the best thing I've seen though. Will be watching for the great cast (Eita and Toma on one drama and started liking Satomi after watching her from Puzzle and Hyoten). Comparing this with Triangle, that show just has more edge, suspense and more mysterious atmosphere than this. Hmm formulaic as many say, also since I've seen many detective Japanese dramas that watching another one without something unique about it may drag. I hope this doesn't happen. Also watching QED and enjoying that a lot. Hmm, too many detective dramas this season.

nguahoanglaisoi

Post by nguahoanglaisoi » Feb 9th, '09, 19:23

SHIDA MIRAI (14sai no haha) gonna appear for ep 6 as a guest. Gosh! can't wait!

flavenne

Post by flavenne » Feb 10th, '09, 00:15

avieamber wrote:just finished ep4, not bad.
The one scene at the restaurant was hella hilarious! when they're trying to cheer up Ryousuke and they repeat the same lines to get his attnetion...baka...but cute
OMG, I just LMAO on their repetitive lines at the restaurant! :rofl:
They're too funny! :lol

Arsenal1508

Post by Arsenal1508 » Feb 10th, '09, 00:51

I really don't like the setting...it's very boring.
I wish the show had more spice to it...more life.

It's just the same plot every episode...and when every episode has that boring conclusion at the end.

I think this show would have been great if it had cliffhangers...or some ultimate point to it.

fjnoheart

Post by fjnoheart » Feb 10th, '09, 05:31

flavenne wrote:
avieamber wrote:just finished ep4, not bad.
The one scene at the restaurant was hella hilarious! when they're trying to cheer up Ryousuke and they repeat the same lines to get his attnetion...baka...but cute

OMG, I just LMAO on their repetitive lines at the restaurant! :rofl:
They're too funny! :lol
same here favorite part...

i just love how toma say his words of empowerment..its convincing :clap:

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Feb 21st, '09, 11:36

Arsenal1508 wrote:I really don't like the setting...it's very boring.
I wish the show had more spice to it...more life.

It's just the same plot every episode...and when every episode has that boring conclusion at the end.

I think this show would have been great if it had cliffhangers...or some ultimate point to it.

yeah.. i agreed...

and the whole thing how Eita's character tried to solve each case.. the flash back, his habit of pointing his finger at his temple while doing the flashback... is sooooo galileo wannabe...

i would rather they not try so hard to follow the footsteps of galileo.. and produce something really different with its own uniqueness...

probably bcos i really expected too much out from this, and it turn out to be a disppointment..

anyway, i will continue to watch it (so since i am already at epi 6) for the sake of toma..

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Feb 21st, '09, 13:55

nguahoanglaisoi wrote:SHIDA MIRAI (14sai no haha) gonna appear for ep 6 as a guest. Gosh! can't wait!
oh really?! i love mirai shida!! <333

but yeah, i agree. the setting for this drama is boring. :3 it feels like they're trying to copy "galileo"... and i'm only on the first episode, lol.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Feb 22nd, '09, 00:29

I just saw the first four episodes in a row, I personally like it. I prefer it to Galileo. I enjoy the friendships and possibly romantic relationships between the characters and also find the cases sometimes touching. And the setting is okay with me... a forensic drama is usually set in a lab or some place like that.

And in respect to pointing his finger and what not, it's like that in the jdrama mysteries I have seen be it Kiina, Galileo or Kuitan. It's probably just a genre convention.

watashiwachiaki

Post by watashiwachiaki » Feb 28th, '09, 14:56

same here.. I watched 4 eps in a row :lol
Ep.2 made me cry!!! :cry:
demo... the cases have holes in it.. like in ep 4.. why would there be seafood pizza in the crime scene in the 1st place? >_<

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Mar 8th, '09, 16:26

I echo the voices of all those who are disappointed.

This dorama was one of my top picks for this season...after watching Eita in Last Friends I was itching to watch this drama which seemed like another serious type drama. However, I am disappointed having watch the forst 3 episodes...I find the whole revealling of all the cases/deaths a bit to emotionally-over the top...like its all too over done. I am watching Kiina as well and prefer that type of mystery/case solving drama more. Galileo was the best for me and this is just missing something. There doesn't seem to be anything spectacular or any breakthroughs that make me feel 'WOW'..everything seems so out of the blue...like all of a sudden everything is clear and then it is explained with heavy use of emotions...yes I do get teary but at the same time I think 'here we go again'.

It's a shame...I have to say though I really like Eita in it...for once he looks very decent and has nice (not scruffy) hair!! I'm not sure if anyone feels the same but I don't like the girl playing Aki...she seems so stiff and always having the same expression on her face.

lucky_c

Post by lucky_c » Mar 8th, '09, 17:50

Personally, this will probably end up being my favorite of the season. At first I assumed it would be Mei-chan, but that drama has spiraled down into the depths of not-so-great, bordering on bad, so yeah. :/ At least for me. The only redeeming features of it are the side-characters, and also Kento.

Anyway, I really like Voice! Their friendships seem genuine and real, not forced like other ones that I've seen.

toma-rabu

Post by toma-rabu » Mar 8th, '09, 20:55

I never watched Galileo and can't really remember watching any detective shows. To me, Voice doesn't seem like a detective show. The show seems to be more a backdrop for the growth of the students and the stories of each person they autopsy. The show seems more focused on emotional aspects, not much science or logic.

(I've watched 7 episodes. The answer is always that the person was doing something great for the people they loved. It's not really important why the died. The focus is on what they were dying for. Their "voice.")

I also thought it was weird the students would go investigating about the cause of the deaths. However, in episode 7, they say explicitly that the students have not participated in any autopsies. They only observe.

Maybe since they're bright, inquisitive, and passionate about helping, they try to do anything they can like going to the scene, talking with the family, and volunteering to do lab tests. Sure the science side is important, but it seems like the students know nothing about forensics.

Also Daiki isn't always pointing at his temple. True they always show a montage of important points while he thinks and "solves" the case, but I hardly think Galileo owned or started that. In My Little Chef, Yada Akiko's character would close her eyes, rub her fingers, open her eyes, and "solve" what to cook. In Security Police, Okada Junichi's character would go into some heightened-sense mode before finding the security risk. I don't think they're necessarily stealing from each other. Maybe it's cliche, but I guess that's the only way they can make thinking and their thoughts seem interesting and exciting.

Anyway, the show isn't the best ever, so I can see why people can miss it. If Toma wasn't in it, I wouldn't be compelled to watch it either. However, it's not painful to watch. All the episodes have a touching or heart-warming aspect. The show definitely tries to make you cry.

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Mar 8th, '09, 22:55

The show's title kind of summarize what the show is about. It's basically give a voice to the dead. Tell the final moment of their life through the Daiki . OK, episode 6 was not about a dead person. That episode kind of reminds me of the Code Blue's episode with the patient fake his own sickness.

Actually, this show kind like Code Blue. Instead of accident of the week, you get dead person of the week. Both had episodes that focus one of the of the characters of the show.

Since CSI came up so often in the show, I thought it going that kind of show when it first started. They even used CSI as a plot point for episode 8.

I throw out all my preconceptiosn what the show is going to be about. And started enjoy the show for what it is.

Elien

Post by Elien » Mar 8th, '09, 23:19

Started watching this because of Eita, he is great actor and I loved all his characters so far. Ikuta Toma and Sato Tomohito are very pleasent to look at and Endo Yuya with Ishihara Satomi are giving this a nice nice different feel. My favourite character is Sato´s mum, she is hilarious XD

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Mar 8th, '09, 23:42

I've enjoyed the show even tho it's nothing special.
The best part is the characters: I think they are interesting and funny, and they have great chemistry. I especially enjoy Daiki's and Ryosuke's bickering. Akira and Teppei's weird friendship is funny, too.
What I don't like is "what's the morals of this story" part at the end. It's so damn long and it makes me cringe. I don't find the cases very touching. Or maybe they could be, but the way they present them in the end is just wrong. I'd like to say melodramatic, but it's not it. They just press the lesson too hard on us, I think.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Mar 9th, '09, 04:51

i second the whole moral thingy at the end, especially when Daiki found out the truth and then he goes and explain stuffs (too repetitive) and some cases are just... :roll , but there are some which are pretty sad too. (i find the last episode relatable for me, coz I'm studying those viruses and bacterial stuffs, so at some point, caution and aseptic techniques are very important) and so yeah, i can totally understand someone's feeling if they got infected with something while working.

But the show's ain't that great or fab, I'm only watching this for Eita and Toma. :P

toma-rabu

Post by toma-rabu » Mar 9th, '09, 11:39

I guess there are moral issues, but it doesn't get to me as much. Off the top of my head, Dragon Zakura and Queen's Classroom were moralistic and emotional too. But I liked them, so maybe I'm just a lover of moralistic dramas.

With Voice though, I wonder if the feeling of being overly-moralistic is a cultural thing or a result of their target audience. Judging by the timeslot, guest stars, emphasis on Japanese values, and the safe and clean storylines... but I'm not Japanese or an expert on Japanese culture, so I don't know. Or maybe the show just makes us uncomfortable because we have no morals.. :whistling:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Mar 9th, '09, 15:48

toma-rabu wrote: Or maybe the show just makes us uncomfortable because we have no morals.. :whistling:
omg haha...you know, that kinda sounds so true! 8) maybe we're not feeling it that much coz we thought the moral stuffs are a bit :roll at some point that is. The first few stories were not giving me much impact, but the last 2-3 eps, i'm beginning to feel more for them. I wonder if that's a good thing? Am I becoming more moralistic? :lol

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Mar 9th, '09, 16:49

Haha, I don't think it's because we have no moral, I think it's because we do.
When I was a kid, every cartoon I watched was about life's lessons, moral and the disctinction between right and wrong. And I think it's good, considering I was still a kid and didn't yet have such a high sense of justice.
But it's different now. I already get it. You don't have to spell it out for me to realize if there's a lesson to be learned, or whatever. That's why I dislike how they do it in this drama.

bluegirl07

eita,satomi

Post by bluegirl07 » Mar 9th, '09, 23:41

was eita and satomi in a different drama together?

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: eita,satomi

Post by avieamber » Mar 9th, '09, 23:48

bluegirl07 wrote:was eita and satomi in a different drama together?
from what I know, this is the first time they're in a drama together.

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Mar 9th, '09, 23:48

I know they were in Kimi wa Petto, back in 2003.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Mar 10th, '09, 04:29

marspeach wrote:
I know they were in Kimi wa Petto, back in 2003.
oh they were? nice... :lol

jonni_masakou

Post by jonni_masakou » Mar 26th, '09, 17:21

I love Toma and Eita in this drama :roll
Last edited by jonni_masakou on Mar 26th, '09, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Mar 26th, '09, 17:25

^ LOL they were both in it ^^

jonni_masakou

Post by jonni_masakou » Mar 26th, '09, 17:30

Nomanymore wrote:^ LOL they were both in it ^^
sumimasen :D
Machigatta.:D

surrealdelight

Post by surrealdelight » Mar 29th, '09, 12:59

i really love this show! don't know why but i really find it meaningful..
of cos, i love those hilarious parts when daiki kept asking why why why
:D

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Mar 30th, '09, 09:37

the finale wasnt as exciting or interesting but
FINALLY....FOR ONCE, the victim in the last case was actually MURDERED and not died out of some GOOD DEED...i don't know, it's like the total opposite from CSI where most of the victims were murdered or sth, here it's always the other way round and there's always a moral story behind it... :unsure: I know i shouldn't compare it with CSI, still...just a thought. :D

But overall, i enjoyed the light side of it, the comedy and their interactions, especially between Daiki and the girl (forgot her name), they're funny :lol

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » Apr 1st, '09, 03:32

Any thoughts, after the show's ended?

I really wanted to continue picking it up for Eita, and for Toma whom I adored in HanaKimi (despite the fact that I'd watched for Oguri Shun), but what I saw of the first few episodes really disappointed me. The plot's passable, but what I really felt upset about was that the role didn't seem to challenge Eita's acting. Not the way Last Friends had drawn such a wonderful performance out of him. His character seemed a bit "Kindaichi"-ish -- the one with all the answers. Nothing for him to struggle against, just easy answers being dropped his way. Satomi's character also seemed a bit wooden to me, so it was off-putting to see her so often as the main female lead in the show.

poonk
United States of America

Post by poonk » Apr 1st, '09, 05:52

I think I can safely say that this was my favorite show this season. I found the mix of humor and drama very even (at times I literally LOL'd and cried during the same episode) and I enjoyed all the characters (although I do wish Kanako had not seemed so uptight compared to her classmates; blame the writers). I especially loved all the Akira x Teppei random "abuse" throughout the series. I'm totally going to force, er, I mean, coerce my friend into (re-)watching this with me later this summer.

P.S. I must say, I really really love Eita (and his ears :lol ) ever since I first saw him in Water Boys...

Gia3000

Post by Gia3000 » Apr 5th, '09, 21:49

Is there a sondtrack for this dorama? If so, would someone be kind enough to upload the OST on D-addicts? I adore the theme for the opening credits... :wub:

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » Apr 5th, '09, 22:54

avieamber wrote:the finale wasnt as exciting or interesting but
FINALLY....FOR ONCE, the victim in the last case was actually MURDERED and not died out of some GOOD DEED...i don't know, it's like the total opposite from CSI where most of the victims were murdered or sth, here it's always the other way round and there's always a moral story behind it... :unsure: I know i shouldn't compare it with CSI, still...just a thought. :D

But overall, i enjoyed the light side of it, the comedy and their interactions, especially between Daiki and the girl (forgot her name), they're funny :lol
I know what you mean. Can't blame you for expecting something like CSI, because the description or the ads for the drama have been a bit misleading. As it turns out, the show is simply about med students who were taking a starter course on forensic medicine and it just so happens that most (if not all) of the cases they handled weren't riveting. Maybe that's because they were too busy contemplating about how the moral of the story would play out and how they can pound the same fluff over and over again to feed to gullible viewers who tune in every week.

Jhobbit

Post by Jhobbit » Apr 27th, '09, 05:24

What really attracted me to this series was the friendship between the 5 medical students. Although Eita was the leader, the other characters contributed something too. Each character had their unique quirkiness which I enjoyed watching. I thought the most boring character was Toma.

hopelessheart

Post by hopelessheart » Apr 30th, '09, 17:17

For me this drama was alright, in the beginning I had only watched it for Toma though. One thing that bothered me was that Daiki was always the one who solved everything. I understand that he was the main character but knowing that the other characters besides Ryosuke really wanted to pursue Forensics it upset me that none of them were able to put anything together themselves. Oh and i thought that Ryosukes crush on the teacher was completely pointless, if it wasn't for the correlation chart I wouldn't have known that he was supposed to have a crush on her.

toma-rabu

Post by toma-rabu » May 12th, '09, 04:56

hopelessheart wrote:it upset me that none of them were able to put anything together themselves.
Ya, I would have like other people to solve things too, but I guess the whole point of the show was that Daiki could "hear voices" that go far beyond and have nothing to do with the actual science of forensics.
hopelessheart wrote:if it wasn't for the correlation chart I wouldn't have known that he was supposed to have a crush on her.
I didn't even notice either till you said anything. Whoosh... I thought he had something for the nurse. :scratch: But I just watched the last two episodes today, and I guess I can kind of see it. I guess that's the point of all the Ryosuke and Reiko scenes. I think their last scene was where it was most obvious when Ryosuke said something about Reiko missing him.

Foxxy_Fuyumi

Post by Foxxy_Fuyumi » Feb 11th, '10, 22:38

I just watched Voice NGs.
Can someone explain what EITA and Satomi are saying? They talk very fast xD