Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
The_Red_Platypus

Post by The_Red_Platypus » Dec 31st, '08, 04:49

I downloaded Fuurin kazan awhile back and I just realized I don't have episode 35. I can only find a RAW no traces of an English subbed file. Does anyone know where I might find it? Any help is appreciated.

kharst

Post by kharst » Jan 1st, '09, 16:30

does anybody know where to download the full soundtrack of yasuko to kenji...?

jewelchan

Post by jewelchan » Jan 2nd, '09, 07:02

Anyone know the Japanese name of this drama? I found the description on Yomiuri (YTV)'s English page and I only know that it is a drama special probably aired in 2004 on YTV. I tried Drama Wiki and Jdorama but still couldn't find anything that sounds like it

The Ultimate Detective Game

When seven people wake up to find themselves locked up in a strange building, they receive a chilling message from their "host" via a computer: there is a killer in their midst! One by one they will all be murdered if they do not deduce the killer’s identity.
They also learn that seven people are locked away in another building, which they can communicate with via the computer, and that there is another killer hidden among that group as well.

The computer then explains to them the rules of the “game”. They must guess the identity of the killers in both groups. The game can end in any of the following ways:
1. If they guess correctly… then they will each be given 10 million yen and set free.
2. If they guess wrong… then they will all be executed.
3. If they are all murdered before they guess the killers’ identities.
4. If the game cannot be continued because of any unforeseen happening.
5. If the other group identifies the killers first… then they will all be killed!

Trapped in this twisted detective game, can they find the killer in time? Survival depends on information from the other group… but how can that information be trusted? And how can they trust each other?
The plot does sound very interesting so I want to find more info about this drama.

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Jan 3rd, '09, 17:41

jewelchan wrote:Anyone know the Japanese name of this drama? I found the description on Yomiuri (YTV)'s English page and I only know that it is a drama special probably aired in 2004 on YTV. I tried Drama Wiki and Jdorama but still couldn't find anything that sounds like it

The Ultimate Detective Game

When seven people wake up to find themselves locked up in a strange building, they receive a chilling message from their "host" via a computer: there is a killer in their midst! One by one they will all be murdered if they do not deduce the killer’s identity.
They also learn that seven people are locked away in another building, which they can communicate with via the computer, and that there is another killer hidden among that group as well.

The computer then explains to them the rules of the “game”. They must guess the identity of the killers in both groups. The game can end in any of the following ways:
1. If they guess correctly… then they will each be given 10 million yen and set free.
2. If they guess wrong… then they will all be executed.
3. If they are all murdered before they guess the killers’ identities.
4. If the game cannot be continued because of any unforeseen happening.
5. If the other group identifies the killers first… then they will all be killed!

Trapped in this twisted detective game, can they find the killer in time? Survival depends on information from the other group… but how can that information be trusted? And how can they trust each other?
The plot does sound very interesting so I want to find more info about this drama.

I know this drama!!! In fact I have watched it before!!! It is actually a mini drama.. I think around 6 episodes or something. The first group (or rather the main group with the leads) is locked up in Summer House; the other is in Winter house or something..

If I am not wrong.. I think you are refering to this -- Kyokugen Suiri Coliseum

jewelchan

Post by jewelchan » Jan 3rd, '09, 20:10

totemokakkoii wrote: I know this drama!!! In fact I have watched it before!!! It is actually a mini drama.. I think around 6 episodes or something. The first group (or rather the main group with the leads) is locked up in Summer House; the other is in Winter house or something..

:cheers: Thank you soooo much, totemokakkoii. :wub:

In case anyone else is interested, here's the link on Drama WIki;

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kyokugen_Suiri_Coliseum

By the way, seems like Ayase Haruka is the leading actress in this drama. Cool.

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Jan 4th, '09, 07:25

jewelchan wrote:
totemokakkoii wrote: I know this drama!!! In fact I have watched it before!!! It is actually a mini drama.. I think around 6 episodes or something. The first group (or rather the main group with the leads) is locked up in Summer House; the other is in Winter house or something..

:cheers: Thank you soooo much, totemokakkoii. :wub:

In case anyone else is interested, here's the link on Drama WIki;

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kyokugen_Suiri_Coliseum

By the way, seems like Ayase Haruka is the leading actress in this drama. Cool.

You are welcome. And yep, Ayase is the lead actress. =)

CherylxD

Post by CherylxD » Jan 19th, '09, 05:11

Does anyone know if anyone has subbed negative happy chainsaw edge?

deastomian

Where I can get "Joō no Kyōshitsu&quo

Post by deastomian » Jan 22nd, '09, 15:42

Pliz help me..
I don't know where that drama .
Anybody can give me addres to download that? :crazy:
Tq before

Kaji-shonen

Post by Kaji-shonen » Jan 22nd, '09, 23:23

I cannot read this subject (The characters are garbled)
女王の教室?
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=

applegak

need help remembering name of this drama!!

Post by applegak » Jan 24th, '09, 09:59

A few years ago I saw a drama (im almost positive it was japanese) about a family, mainly a mom and daughter but also the husband/father. The daughter i think is an office worker in her early-mid twenties who is looking to be married before a certain age and quit being an office worker. She meets and falls for this man who is about 8 years older than her (i think) but he instead meets her mom (while not realizing there was any relation between the mother/daughter) and falls for the mom who is 8 years (i think) older than him. The mom, frustrated in her life and marriage, starts liking the younger guy who makes her feel young and good about herself. This rips the family apart, resulting in divorce, and i think it ends with each family member going their own way, and no one ending up with the man.

it has been driving me crazy trying to remember the title so that i can rewatch it and even recommend it to my mom, but now even more i need to find the title out so i can use it for a major graduation project at my university.

Please help! thanks! :D

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jan 25th, '09, 06:06

applegak

thanks!

Post by applegak » Jan 25th, '09, 07:10

Thanks alot!! i couldn't remember the name and almost gave up hope, so thanks alot, im really appreciative!

Domyouji

Post by Domyouji » Jan 26th, '09, 04:48

Hello, I found this forum on google and one of topics were about a Saturn Necklace from Hana Yori Dango. Does anyone have any info for Tsukasa's ring in Hana Yori Dango? Replies are much appreciated!

Please and thank you!

shulee

AKAI ITO

Post by shulee » Jan 27th, '09, 23:12

HAVE ANYONE SEEN RED THREAD OF FATE

AKAI ITO

I LOVE THAT SHOW WHERE COULD I DOWNLOAD IT?

chamcham

Why did jdrama.cc shut down?

Post by chamcham » Jan 29th, '09, 01:49

Does anyone know why http://jdrama.cc decided to close their site?
It was the only site out there that recorded captions for nearly all J-dramas shows currently airing on TV.

Willl there be any other sites like it?
I already knows about the dramanotes site.

Thanks.

groink

Post by groink » Jan 29th, '09, 03:16

She didn't exactly "shut down" the site. Rather, it looks like the owner's keeping a low profile. I'd say JASRAC probably knocked on her door, and forced her to cease operation. FYI, what she's doing is actually illegal. She's probably still doing the captioning, but now she's forced to stay underground and share it only with people she trusts.

--- groink

Ochibi-san

Where can I find LIFE with eng subs?

Post by Ochibi-san » Jan 29th, '09, 17:46

Hi

could anyone help me? I'm looking for the drama LIFE with english subs but I can't find it...
I'd love to see it again... but not as streaming cause well i think thats a bit crappy

I hope someone can help me ^^

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Jan 29th, '09, 18:09

You can find the raws on the tracker... jjust do a search for LIFE (you'll have to go back a few pages in the results) and the softsubs are here. If you want it hardsubbed, do a search for RAIFU (SOS had to use the literal title because of a conflict with a licensed movie title, I believe).

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Re: AKAI ITO

Post by mizune » Jan 31st, '09, 05:05

shulee wrote:HAVE ANYONE SEEN RED THREAD OF FATE

AKAI ITO

I LOVE THAT SHOW WHERE COULD I DOWNLOAD IT?

koukan

Post by koukan » Feb 4th, '09, 06:54

hey---

I am new here-----

does anyone know if there`s a japanese drama that shows pc generated animations of the inner body---
well.... kinda Dr.House or CSI !?
I know that voice is about medicine but I just saw the first episode yet---

Thanks!!

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Feb 14th, '09, 13:45

I know there are different forms of japanese dramas, like taiga, asadora etc.

I downloaded the asadora Churasan but I'm wondering if there are other similar dramas that are not asadoras but regular dramas only difference is that there has to be a great extent of episodes like an asadora.

I'm not good at explaining so I hope someone understands me, or perhaps asks for a better explanation. I've never ask for this type of thing before so I wouldn't know what to ask.

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Feb 14th, '09, 14:03

can you state more clearly what has to be

the same

and what has to be different from asadoras?

xploring

Post by xploring » Feb 14th, '09, 14:33

"only difference is that there has to be a great extent of episodes like an asadora."

I don't understand this part. What is different if they are alike?

If you are looking for regular dramas like Churasan, maybe you can watch some of the dramas written by the same writer, Okada Yoshikazu. In some scenes where the characters sat around and talked, they definitely reminds me of his writing.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Okada_Yoshikazu

xploring

Post by xploring » Feb 14th, '09, 14:39

I have a question. In the series, Beginner, and Medaka, the main characters are all from different age groups and variety of backgrounds, and didn't know each other before. Are there other dramas like these two? I can think of Densha Otoko, but that's it.

runpup

Post by runpup » Feb 15th, '09, 18:36

xploring wrote:I have a question. In the series, Beginner, and Medaka, the main characters are all from different age groups and variety of backgrounds, and didn't know each other before. Are there other dramas like these two? I can think of Densha Otoko, but that's it.
Koi ga shitai Koi ga shitai Koi ga shitai, Home Drama, Scandal come to mind...

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Feb 16th, '09, 11:14

charia-chan wrote:can you state more clearly what has to be

the same

and what has to be different from asadoras?
xploring wrote:"only difference is that there has to be a great extent of episodes like an asadora."

I don't understand this part. What is different if they are alike?

If you are looking for regular dramas like Churasan, maybe you can watch some of the dramas written by the same writer, Okada Yoshikazu. In some scenes where the characters sat around and talked, they definitely reminds me of his writing.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Okada_Yoshikazu
すみませんでした!

It's hard to explain but I will try again.
I have downloaded an asadora (morning drama) called Churasan. It has like 156 episodes x 15 min each.
What I'm looking for is a drama that also has alot of episodes but with the usual 45 min per episode.
So I was wondering if someone knows such a drama that has many episodes with regular time like any season drama.
The reason I'm asking is because I would like to have a drama where you get to know the people for a longer period of time. The dramas nowadays are very short, and I know it's just season dramas and such.
I hope that cleared it up somewhat. Sorry for not explaining it better.

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Feb 16th, '09, 11:37

Moodilic, this might be a good thread to check out. There's a few long running dramas listed there.

xploring

Post by xploring » Feb 16th, '09, 12:11

すみませんでした!

It's hard to explain but I will try again.
I have downloaded an asadora (morning drama) called Churasan. It has like 156 episodes x 15 min each.
What I'm looking for is a drama that also has alot of episodes but with the usual 45 min per episode.
So I was wondering if someone knows such a drama that has many episodes with regular time like any season drama.
The reason I'm asking is because I would like to have a drama where you get to know the people for a longer period of time. The dramas nowadays are very short, and I know it's just season dramas and such.
I hope that cleared it up somewhat. Sorry for not explaining it better.
Heh, I don't understand Japanese, but I get what you are saying now.

Maybe you can check out those series that got picked up for many seasons?
Like Aibou, Wataru Seken wa Oni Bakari, Ooku, Kinpachi Sensei, Kyumei Byoto 24 Ji, Kindachi Shonen, etc.

Taiga dramas are around 50 episodes each usually...

---

And thanks runpup. Unfortunately, I have watched most of those already.
Last edited by xploring on Feb 16th, '09, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Feb 16th, '09, 13:05

Yes, then Taiga Dorama seem to be the best solution (for example Atsuhime)

sonja

Post by sonja » Feb 25th, '09, 14:20

Hello all... does anyone have any good J-dramas about FOOD to recommend? I've seen Antique (delish..), am about to watch Sushi Oji!... I just love looking at food. It's a bit sad and pathetic but.. what can you do.

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Feb 25th, '09, 21:49

sonja wrote:Hello all... does anyone have any good J-dramas about FOOD to recommend? I've seen Antique (delish..), am about to watch Sushi Oji!... I just love looking at food. It's a bit sad and pathetic but.. what can you do.
Then you should see Osen (おせん). It's great! :). Nya is subbing it but they only made it to ep06 right now.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Feb 25th, '09, 21:53

Moodilic wrote:Then you should see Osen (おせん). It's great! :). Nya is subbing it but they only made it to ep06 right now.
Osen was great! But the ending could have been better. EitoKickAss @ LJ community has finished subbing all 10 episodes. :)

AnimeDad

Post by AnimeDad » Feb 25th, '09, 21:54

The 2 Kuitan series are good too... Food, comedy and mystery all in one. I was always hungry after watching an episode. Itadakimasu!

sagawogoo

Does anyone know the name of the Japanese movie...

Post by sagawogoo » Feb 27th, '09, 18:08

where a country girl moves and goes off to college in search of her first love and they end up meeting at the bookstore??

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 4th, '09, 03:08

Moodilic wrote: What I'm looking for is a drama that also has alot of episodes but with the usual 45 min per episode.
There are also afternoon dramas which are typically ~30 min long and air Mon-Fri. The stories can vary pretty widely in the total number of eps, from about 20 - 50+ eps. Like the asadoramas, there aren't many of them subbed, but there are one or two available. JTV finished Ai no Uta! last year, and that was a pretty good one.
sonja wrote:Hello all... does anyone have any good J-dramas about FOOD to recommend? I've seen Antique (delish..), am about to watch Sushi Oji!... I just love looking at food. It's a bit sad and pathetic but.. what can you do.
I would suggest asking in this thread.
sagawogoo wrote: where a country girl moves and goes off to college in search of her first love and they end up meeting at the bookstore??
If I'm not mistaken, I think that's Churasan you're looking for... :scratch:

sagawogoo

Japanese Movie

Post by sagawogoo » Mar 4th, '09, 15:27

no i don't think it's churasan b/c i was asking about a japanese movie, where a girl goes off to college in search of her first love and she discovers him at a bookstore near campus.

freelife

Post by freelife » Mar 6th, '09, 12:40

Watch Bambino! with MatsuJun! It's basically italian cousine and pastry, but the food looks really delicious and the story is realistic. It has a lot of funny parts as well. ^^

kindaichi89

this strangely unknown drama

Post by kindaichi89 » Mar 11th, '09, 09:28

does anyone ever heard of Kokotsu no Hito? it's based from a novel by the same name by Sawako Ariyoshi. i found it hard to find any info about this movie. and i really hope able to watch this drama~ anyone ever heard of this before :cry: ?

SuiginChou

Post by SuiginChou » Mar 11th, '09, 13:24

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why the OSTs for J-dramas are frequently incomplete. I have noticed this with both Karei Naru Ichizoku and with Yoshitsune. The Yoshitsune OST in particular is very disappointing, featuring only 9 of the songs from the television series. The best theory I have so far is that maybe these songs were originally written for use in another television series or film and were subsequently licensed for use in the programs in which I first heard them; but even if that is the case, then how are fans supposed to know where they can purchase the songs from in the first place? :( After all, the songs are not listed individually in the programs' credits, and without such a list, it is impossible for fans to know the names of individual songs.

To provide some specific examples (WARNING! SPOILERS!!!):
Karei Naru Ichizoku - unknown song from episode 8 of 10
Karei Naru Ichizoku - unknown song in the final episode
Yoshitsune - unknown song from Episode 18 of 49
Yoshitsune - unknown song from Episode 35 of 49

The thing is, with these songs I would be interested in buying the series' respective soundtracks; but without these songs, I'd feel like I was buying an incomplete soundtrack and -- what's more -- buying a soundtrack that is missing some of the most memorable and enjoyable songs of the entire series!!!

Semaru

Post by Semaru » Mar 13th, '09, 23:10

kindaichi89 wrote:does anyone ever heard of Kokotsu no Hito? it's based from a novel by the same name by Sawako Ariyoshi. i found it hard to find any info about this movie. and i really hope able to watch this drama~ anyone ever heard of this before :cry: ?
I did find a link for it at http://www.allmovietorrents.nl/2006/98.html

but I've never used that site before, so I have no idea if it would have subs or not.

good luck!

Matsuloverrrr

Post by Matsuloverrrr » Mar 14th, '09, 17:34

Could someone upload the movie: Pika-nchi Life is Hard Dakedo Happy (please with english subs)
I would love to see it !!
Or could someone tell me where I can donwload it?
I need to know xD

Thnx !!

Jokerpoon

Post by Jokerpoon » Mar 15th, '09, 23:17

I am looking for the drama Food Frenzy/Food Fight by Kusanagi Tsuyoshi, it is a very old drama air in 2000. Anyone who have the drama or know where to download it pls let me know. Thankz

Information can be found at this website: http://jdorama.com/drama.487.htm

xploring

Post by xploring » Mar 16th, '09, 01:46

Jokerpoon wrote:I am looking for the drama Food Frenzy/Food Fight by Kusanagi Tsuyoshi, it is a very old drama air in 2000. Anyone who have the drama or know where to download it pls let me know. Thankz

http://community.livejournal.com/jdrama ... tml#cutid1

Need to join the community first if you haven't already.
http://community.livejournal.com/jdramas/profile

BASTARDiha

Post by BASTARDiha » Mar 16th, '09, 22:57

Hi everyone from russian Kassy`s fans! :)
Does anybody know where can I see or download "Kyokugen Suiri Coliseum" and "13 no Tsuki"? :unsure:

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 17th, '09, 02:47

First of all, for all of you looking for information about movies, namely:
kindaichi89 wrote:does anyone ever heard of Kokotsu no Hito? it's based from a novel by the same name by Sawako Ariyoshi. i found it hard to find any info about this movie. and i really hope able to watch this drama~ anyone ever heard of this before :cry: ?
Matsuloverrrr wrote:Could someone upload the movie: Pika-nchi Life is Hard Dakedo Happy (please with english subs)
BASTARDiha wrote:Hi everyone from russian Kassy`s fans! :)
Does anybody know where can I see or download "Kyokugen Suiri Coliseum" and "13 no Tsuki"? :unsure:
Please remember that D-addicts is dedicated to television programs and has a No Movies Policy which does not allow posting of download links (torrents, dll links, etc) for movies on the forum (although getting answers by PM is another thing... :whistling: ). The best solution would be to just not ask or to take a look at some of the sites dedicated to movies (see the links in my signature).

To answer a couple other questions here:
SuiginChou wrote:I was wondering if anyone could tell me why the OSTs for J-dramas are frequently incomplete. I have noticed this with both Karei Naru Ichizoku and with Yoshitsune. The Yoshitsune OST in particular is very disappointing, featuring only 9 of the songs from the television series. The best theory I have so far is that maybe these songs were originally written for use in another television series or film and were subsequently licensed for use in the programs in which I first heard them; but even if that is the case, then how are fans supposed to know where they can purchase the songs from in the first place? :( After all, the songs are not listed individually in the programs' credits, and without such a list, it is impossible for fans to know the names of individual songs.
I think you've probably answered part of your own question. OSTs that are incomplete are usually incomplete in that they do not include vocal tracks/tie-ins to the series which may be released separately under the artist's label. In other words, they have acquired the rights to broadcast the music in the show, but may not have the rights to distribute it on CD. So it might be for a similar reason that instrumental tracks are not included.

Not exactly sure of an easy way to go about looking for the other tracks, but there's probably some (japanese) site out there listing more details... :scratch:
Jokerpoon wrote:I am looking for the drama Food Frenzy/Food Fight by Kusanagi Tsuyoshi, it is a very old drama air in 2000. Anyone who have the drama or know where to download it pls let me know. Thankz

Food Fight is available on Jem's Tracker with the missing ep available here

aisha155

Please help, i'm looking for a drama...

Post by aisha155 » Apr 8th, '09, 17:22

Hi, can anyone pls help me? i'm looking for a drama...japan, and its about a blind girl...theres a boy that helps her and so on and they fell in love with each other, but that girl is quite pretty, so one rich guy pay for her eye surgery and she thinks that hes that guy from before ...and of course hes not ...my frined told me that the storyline is like that and that the end is sad, cos that girl died ....so does anyone know whats the name of this drama? :-)
and i think that it is a little bit old, cos he has seen it quite a long time ago... thx for your help :-)

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Apr 8th, '09, 17:29

I can't help but.... there is already a thread for questions like this.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Re: Please help, i'm looking for a drama...

Post by mizune » Apr 11th, '09, 23:17

aisha155 wrote:Hi, can anyone pls help me? i'm looking for a drama...japan, and its about a blind girl...theres a boy that helps her and so on and they fell in love with each other, but that girl is quite pretty, so one rich guy pay for her eye surgery and she thinks that hes that guy from before ...and of course hes not ...my frined told me that the storyline is like that and that the end is sad, cos that girl died ....so does anyone know whats the name of this drama? :-)
and i think that it is a little bit old, cos he has seen it quite a long time ago... thx for your help :-)
You sure you're not looking for this Korean drama?
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Sad_Love_Song

Although, the plot does sound irritatingly familiar as a jdrama....

aisha155

Re: Please help, i'm looking for a drama...

Post by aisha155 » Apr 12th, '09, 10:15

mizune wrote:
aisha155 wrote:Hi, can anyone pls help me? i'm looking for a drama...japan, and its about a blind girl...theres a boy that helps her and so on and they fell in love with each other, but that girl is quite pretty, so one rich guy pay for her eye surgery and she thinks that hes that guy from before ...and of course hes not ...my frined told me that the storyline is like that and that the end is sad, cos that girl died ....so does anyone know whats the name of this drama? :-)
You sure you're not looking for this Korean drama?
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Sad_Love_Song

Although, the plot does sound irritatingly familiar as a jdrama....

OMG!! that it! O_o THX YOOOOOOOOOOOU so muuuuuuuch :-) :-) :-)

dame_onna

Post by dame_onna » Apr 12th, '09, 10:31

hi, I'm not sure if this was discussed before, but I'm looking for jdorama complete OSTs. I've searched d-addicts, but so far it seems OSTs consist of mainly instrumental, and not the OP/ED of fully voiced tracks. eg Nobuta wo Produce. can anyone please tell me how to get the full OSTs?

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Apr 12th, '09, 13:12

Most official soundtracks don't contain the OP/ED theme songs. The artists usually release them as regular singles.

dame_onna

Post by dame_onna » Apr 13th, '09, 04:51

oooh, ok. thanks so much.

dame_onna

Post by dame_onna » Apr 14th, '09, 13:09

one more question...where do I find those artists singles? Are they here at d-addicts?

fae_ihateuxoo

Post by fae_ihateuxoo » Apr 16th, '09, 09:45

hello ..

can you tell where i can watch the ending special of gokusen 3 with english sub.

tnx ..

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Apr 16th, '09, 19:05

dame_onna wrote:one more question...where do I find those artists singles? Are they here at d-addicts?
u can find some theme songs here + PVs

also, u can just Google it and u will find a lot easily ^^

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Apr 18th, '09, 01:48

Moved the request for recommendations to the appropriate thread.

paradox

Post by paradox » Apr 19th, '09, 10:55

hello

i was wondering whether or not there are subbed torrents or streams out for Hagetaka?

Really looking forward to watching this haha

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Apr 19th, '09, 11:24

There are only softsubs available for Hagetaka (and I don't really think, this is the right place to ask for streaming, since the subbing group states they don't want the subs to be turned into hardsubs/or be uploaded)

paradox

Post by paradox » Apr 19th, '09, 11:26

Sorry if I'm being dumb lol but whats the difference between soft and hard subs?

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Apr 19th, '09, 12:00

paradox wrote:Sorry if I'm being dumb lol but whats the difference between soft and hard subs?
Hail Raptor Jesus for the greatest thing about d-addicts is all your answers are already answered if you search the all mighty forums.

paradox

Post by paradox » Apr 19th, '09, 12:04

why don't you just answer the question?...

=(

Nvm thanks for your help anyway.

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Apr 19th, '09, 12:14

Why don't you just search the forum?

Raw videos- No subtitles
Hardsubbed- With subtitles timed and added to a video, also usually looks better and better timed than softsubs.
Softsubs- A separate file that you must add to the video, saying that your player can add softsubs that is.
Most soft subs here are either .srt or .ass, one nice plus is if your not satisfied with the subbers sub and think that some parts are just not accurate you can always just edit them yourself.

paradox

Post by paradox » Apr 19th, '09, 12:23

Well this is question thread. No probelm asking a question here is there?

Thanks for your effort, jesus lol

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Apr 19th, '09, 12:44

Well the problems start when the question been answered hundreds of times and there's a nice big bold forum to discuss all those new to it.

paradox

Post by paradox » Apr 19th, '09, 13:39

Well if its already been answered hundreds of times, then one more won't make much of a difference now would it?

And the time it took you to answer the question was probably less then the time it took for you to think up that witty little retort =]

uked

Japanese Subtitles

Post by uked » Apr 20th, '09, 17:52

Hi Guys!

Is there any source hosting japanese subtitles for jdramas? I think it would be really useful for learning japanese!

Since i know that japanese stations broadcast their dramas with subtitles which can be enabled by remote, i have some little hope!

Anyone has a clue? :-)

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Re: Japanese Subtitles

Post by mizune » Apr 21st, '09, 03:54

uked wrote:Hi Guys!

Is there any source hosting japanese subtitles for jdramas? I think it would be really useful for learning japanese!

Since i know that japanese stations broadcast their dramas with subtitles which can be enabled by remote, i have some little hope!

Anyone has a clue? :-)
We do have a few ppl who have/are ripping Japanese subtitles from CC broadcasts and uploading here. Check the Subtitles Index and click on the link for the list of Japanese subtitles available located at the top of the index page.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Apr 21st, '09, 04:04

paradox wrote:Well if its already been answered hundreds of times, then one more won't make much of a difference now would it?

And the time it took you to answer the question was probably less then the time it took for you to think up that witty little retort =]
Yes and no.
I do think ppl should put more effort into looking up information themselves. After all, an FAQ is something virtually every forum has. And there's a link to it at the top of virtually every page of this site. Barring that, there's still the google powered forum search also at the top of every page....:scratch: Are ppl not looking at the pretty linky bar we have?

...but that being said, it's just as easy to either answer and point ppl to the FAQ without having to make additional snide comments than not, and this is a thread for questions, so please only respond if you are going to be helpful in some way. No point in prolonging the issue (or inflating it for no good reason)... Certainly nothing to get hostile over... :/

xploring

Post by xploring » Apr 23rd, '09, 00:09

I was wondering if someone has watched Shirasu Jiro, and don't mind sharing their impression of it. Thanks in advance.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Shirasu_Jiro

taybongy

Post by taybongy » May 1st, '09, 17:06

hello, I am new here. I am searching the Jdrama of the title スタア誕生 or Star Tanjo starring Hori Chiemi,風見慎吾
スタア誕生(すたあたんじょう)は、1985年4月10日から1985年11月6日までフジテレビ系列で放送されたテレビドラマ。長野県の高校で演劇部に在籍する少女が心臓を患いながらもスターを目指す姿を描いた青春ストーリー。全28話。大映テレビ製作

i manage to find the information in http://ja.wikipedia.org but i cant find the drama anywhere to watch or download. Can anyone please advice?
thanks

secretbear

Post by secretbear » May 8th, '09, 12:32

yo! is there really a movie of Regatta? titled Regatta - Forever With You? because i've seen an ad somewhere for its dvd in the internet but i can't find a forum talking about it. not even in wiki in the Regatta series page. is there such a movie?

quotie

Post by quotie » May 9th, '09, 16:32

I just recently started watching jap. dramas. Now I'm wondering if there are more subbed dramas with Fujiwara Norika. I'm having trouble finding subbed dramas with her, except with star no koi.

Would be nice if you could tell me which subbed dramas I could find here or somewhere else. Thanks in advance.

rahula

Hancho Song

Post by rahula » May 10th, '09, 21:35

Does anyone know that song in Hancho ep 1 that a guy in the streets sing?
didn't find any ost files...
really wanted that song...

thanks!

cnadalin

name this drama! >_<

Post by cnadalin » May 12th, '09, 10:31

hi!

sorry but i'm trying to figure out the name of a drama i once watched a long time ago but cannot remember the title! the drama came out in the late 90s or early 2000s and was about a girl who was the descendent of a princess in japan. a commoner falls in love with her (back in the past) but he is not able to get her, so he goes to a witch (i think) and gets transformed in a bug with eternal life in hopes that he gets her in the future when she's reborn as someone else. as time goes by, everytime she is reborn the guy ends up killing whoever gave birth to her. that's all i remember for now...

thanks a bunch!

edit: mods please move this if it's in the wrong place!

Issy

Post by Issy » May 12th, '09, 16:09

thank god for finding this thread.

ok, the drama that i want to know more is from 80s. maybe late 80s. because i saw it in 1990 and dubbed version. at that time i had to change place where i live. went to another country to live, i really wanted to see its ending or if i had a chance, know how does it end. this is a 19 years old question.

as far as i remember is to due with a girl called Hikari (hikaru?) or very similar name. i can't really remember the time of that drama but something to do with ww1 or 2? any, she was kind of tomboyish girl that did lots of mischief. not a poor family. and then she was kind of engaged to this boy who used to work for her dad?

but she falls in love with her new teacher with long samurai hair and i think is called matsunomi. then the family marry off her younger sister to another village were she has a kind and die later on.

as far her romance with the teacher, he leaves after finding out that she has feeling for him and then the boy who she is promised to kind of gets angry (but he is one of the good guys) and after her sister death she decides to study ....
oh, and it has a similar setting as Oshin

that is how much i remember. if anyone knows, please let me know. i will be grateful