Boys Before Flowers (KBS2) Korean version of "Meteor Ga

Discuss Korean drama series here.
mahirghari

Post by mahirghari » Mar 4th, '09, 05:22

Hey, once people are done seeing episode 17, can someone please tell me the title of the song by SS501 in that episode, please!?!?!? also if there is somewhere i can download it! thanks!!!!! :salut:

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Mar 4th, '09, 08:13

@mahirghari ---> http://arashi.vox.com/, read about the ep 17

bent

Post by bent » Mar 4th, '09, 17:19

will the special ep be uploaded here?

also, withs2 didn't say anything abt subbing the ep..

:(

mahirghari

Post by mahirghari » Mar 4th, '09, 19:08

Jazzl wrote:@mahirghari ---> http://arashi.vox.com/, read about the ep 17

thank you so much Jazzi, you rock!

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Mar 4th, '09, 21:04

no problem xD since i didn't found about this
but i like to share things like this

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Mar 5th, '09, 22:24

Omg, did you guys see the new Anycall Haptic cf featuring our lovely F3? Soooo cute! :wub:
I mean, say whatever you say about this drama, but the guys totally have charisma and great chemistry when they get together!

Anycall Haptic cf on Allkpop.

Cute and huuuuge wallpapers, too!

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Mar 5th, '09, 22:33

SSpiegel wrote:Omg, did you guys see the new Anycall Haptic cf featuring our lovely F3? Soooo cute! :wub:
I mean, say whatever you say about this drama, but the guys totally have charisma and great chemistry when they get together!

Anycall Haptic cf on Allkpop.

Cute and huuuuge wallpapers, too!
handsome :wub: handsome :wub: handsome :wub: It was funny and so cute :P
btw i like ur sig

wait one question they play some new songs right in episode 17 right ???

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Mar 5th, '09, 23:36

Jazzl wrote: - LMH is tripping
- LMH getting award(eng sub)
- kim hyun joon getting award(eng sub)
theone with Leeminho falling was funny :lol
but i didn't see the subs for the other ones
one more question who is the girl that came with Kim Hyun Joon when he got his award?? :whistling:

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Mar 6th, '09, 15:24

the subs are only when LMH and Kim Hyun are speaking... the girl is a singer

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Mar 6th, '09, 21:37

omg, wow, where was Woo Bin in the entire Episode 17?! he had ONE scene, and then we don't see him again. WOW. *.*

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Mar 6th, '09, 22:01

i had the feeling from the beginning till now.. that the series would do fine even without him as f3... ist's really said cause i think he isn't that bad but it looks like his role isn't that important.

KrystalHeart

Post by KrystalHeart » Mar 6th, '09, 23:17

I'm so loving this series ;p

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Mar 7th, '09, 02:04

Jazzl wrote:i had the feeling from the beginning till now.. that the series would do fine even without him as f3... ist's really said cause i think he isn't that bad but it looks like his role isn't that important.
it is pretty sad... i like his character, but at the same time, you have to admit... he's not doing anything, lol. YiJung has a bigger role than the previous Nishikados (I feel like at least), but Woo Bin's role is small..

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Mar 7th, '09, 18:05

This is very tragic news but Jang Ja Yeon who plays "Sunny" passed away at 7:49 PM...

http://community.livejournal.com/hanayo ... 03834.html

credits: soompi

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Mar 7th, '09, 20:50

so sad...
http://www.hanfever.com/2009/03/08/jang ... #more-2713(got this from another thread)

odessa

Post by odessa » Mar 7th, '09, 21:41

Jazzl wrote:so sad...
http://www.hanfever.com/2009/03/08/jang ... #more-2713(got this from another thread)
It is so sad...:(

LilyJade

Post by LilyJade » Mar 7th, '09, 21:59

Oh my God, it's so sad... RIP. :-(

d3nn1s88

Post by d3nn1s88 » Mar 9th, '09, 15:05

Hana Yori Dango Actress Commits Suicide Korean Actress
Source

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Mar 9th, '09, 22:19

Honestly, I feel bad for the Korean BOF production. All the high expectations, all the accidents with the cast, and now even a loss of a cast member. Seems like the show really is cursed... :-(

Episode 17 looked really bad for my fandom...
I'm not sure what to think about Ga Eul and Yi Jung right now... The talk he had with his father, you know, "after losing The One, the next one's are just repetition". They've made it pretty clear here (and in every HYD) that Sara (can't remember the Korean name) was The One for Yi Jung, especially 'The One that got away'. So what's Ga Eul, then?
I dunno, I feel bad for her. They're gonna have a romance, but she'll never be The One, right? :-(
Anyway, this is the first version for me where I actually like the Domyoji -character. And I like Hyun Joong's Ji Hoo, too. In this version it's painfully clear that he likes Jan Di and they look quite nice together, too. But Jun Pyo is totally likable, and they look like they really like each other (J :heart: J). I dunno, I've never liked both of the guys that pursue the main lady, so this is really hard for me. :cussing: Poor Rui/Ji Hoo, I'll just have to always feel bad for him...

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Mar 9th, '09, 23:15

SSpiegel wrote:In this version it's painfully clear that he likes Jan Di and they look quite nice together, too.

Right!? In both the Taiwanese & Japanese versions, I couldn't 100% feel that Hua Zhe Lei/Hanazawa Rui really did like Shan Cai/Makino but in this version, all those side glances and long stares that Ji Hoo gives Jan Di is a dead giveaway that he clearly likes her and may in fact even love her. And God, if those forlorn looks of the puppy dog-eyed Kim Hyun Joong doesn't get my heart pounding, I don't know what does. In the manga special, we were able to get a look into Rui's head/heart...and it can pretty much be ascertained that he did in fact love Makino, considering he got upset when Makino encouraged him to give "Kimiko" a chance. (oh man, Doumouyji soooo killed me there. LOL)

Shun's "Rui" did a lot for Makino, but Hyun Joong's "Ji Hoo" was ALWAYS there every time Jan Di was in trouble.
SSpiegel wrote:But Jun Pyo is totally likable, and they look like they really like each other (J :heart: J).
While I've always liked MatsuJun's portrayal of Doumouyji, I feel his character to be too over the top sometimes. Lee Min Ho's Jun Pyo makes you want to root for him no matter how jerky he can be at times, even the "fake" Jun Pyo in Macau. Because, c'mon wasn't that airport scene heart-wrenching? Him on the floor crying like that really broke my heart. :(
SSpiegel wrote:I dunno, I've never liked both of the guys that pursue the main lady, so this is really hard for me. :cussing: Poor Rui/Ji Hoo, I'll just have to always feel bad for him...
My hidden truth: I always root for Rui's character! (I mean even though I know in the end Makino is always going to choose Doumouyji) In all three versions, I've always voted for the one who didn't get the girl because Rui's character was nothing short of perfect. In fact, even his autistic mannerisms just made him more dreamy.

So it doesn't come as a surprise that I'm also rooting Ji Hoo...even it's hopeless to root for him, I can't stop, just like how I can't seem to stop staring at Hyun Joong ever since he cut his hair.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Mar 10th, '09, 00:18

lilswtangel wrote:

Right!? In both the Taiwanese & Japanese versions, I couldn't 100% feel that Hua Zhe Lei/Hanazawa Rui really did like Shan Cai/Makino but in this version, all those side glances and long stares that Ji Hoo gives Jan Di is a dead giveaway that he clearly likes her and may in fact even love her. And God, if those forlorn looks of the puppy dog-eyed Kim Hyun Joong doesn't get my heart pounding, I don't know what does.

Shun's "Rui" did a lot for Makino, but Hyun Joong's "Ji Hoo" was ALWAYS there every time Jan Di was in trouble.
Totally. I was never sure if Rui actually liked liked Makino, or was he just kind of... pushing Domyoji to do the right thing, or something. But here, man, Ji Hoo is just heart wrenching! Honestly, I didn't think much of Hyun Joong in the beginning, he was just so bad, but he's gotten better (or I've just gotten used to him :P). He looks like he's physically hurting because he likes Jan Di so much!
lilswtangel wrote:
While I've always liked MatsuJun's portrayal of Doumouyji, I feel his character to be too over the top sometimes. Lee Min Ho's Jun Pyo makes you want to root for him no matter how jerky he can be at times, even the "fake" Jun Pyo in Macau. Because, c'mon wasn't that airport scene heart-wrenching? Him on the floor crying like that really broke my heart. :(
Man, that airport scene was pure genius. I especially liked how the whatchamacallit, butler or whatever, held him on the floor. I felt like crying!
lilswtangel wrote:

My hidden truth: I always root for Rui's character! (I mean even though I know in the end Makino is always going to choose Doumouyji) In all three versions, I've always voted for the one who didn't get the girl because Rui's character was nothing short of perfect. In fact, even his autistic mannerisms just made him more dreamy.

So it doesn't come as a surprise that I'm also rooting Ji Hoo...even it's hopeless to root for him, I can't stop, just like how I can't seem to stop staring at Hyun Joong ever since he cut his hair.

I've always rooted for Rui, too! He is the quiet beauty and always a perfect gentleman. It's totally a waste of my energy, but I still find myself rooting for him even tho I already know how it ends. I guess I can't help it, I'm a Rui fangirl.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Mar 10th, '09, 03:31

^Rui fangirl at heart, too. :wub:

Just finish watching episode 18 of "BoF"~
Not in chronological order, typed in order by memory as they come back to me:
- Yi Jung was such an ass to Ga Eul ~ apparently she fits all 3 criteria in what kind of girls he never dates: good girls, idiotic girls, and friends of his friends D:
- Jun Pyo's afraid of roaches...muahahahahaha!
- Ji Hoo's grandfather has chest pains but on a happier note, he wants Jan Di as his granddaughter-in-law. Yes please!
- Ji Hoo's "Sleeping Beauty" incarnated...the epitome of a beautiful prince *KYAAAH* wait, so wouldn't that make him both Sleeping Beauty and Prince Charming? XD
- A priest at the temple compares Jan Di to a lotus grown in muddy water ~ it's foretold that she will bring family to Ji Hoo
- Yi Jung tells Jun Pyo why Jan Di can no longer swim and Jun Pyo feels guilty about the chair incident which indirectly caused Jan Di's bad shoulder
- Yi Jung's right hand gets broken/sprained by a jealous boyfriend when he makes a move on said boyfriend's girl in a club ~ I'm assuming he can't make pottery anymore because he tells Jun Pyo so
- WHEN YI JUNG THROWS WOO BIN ONTO A CAR AFTER WOO BIN ATTEMPTS SUICIDE (but that's kind of pushing it, I honestly don't think he was really going to jump) = BEST WOO BIN & YI JUNG MOMENT! SO YAOI-LIKE! *RAWRRRRR* Yi Jung the seme? Who'd have thought? LMAO!
- Ji Hoo makes a joke about starting a collection jar for all the money he could have made off Jan Di (from being a chauffeur, caretaker, and now model) ~ *MELTS*
- Jan Di's parents move to her uncle's village to fish and Jan Di moves in to a new apartment with Kang San only to have Jun Pyo move in next door
- Woo Bin expresses his feelings on him being heir to his family's gang, wow~
- More Ji Hoo and Jan Di pretty please~
- Yawned over scenes with Jae Kyung, she lies to Ji Hoo & Jang Di that she and Jun Pyo did didn't sleep a wink because they were having too much fun (wink wink) but in reality, Jun Pyo left the night before. Ji Hoo knows the truth because he saw Jun Pyo leaving plus Jun Pyo texted him, "leaving early."
- Jae Kyung pretty much figures out J ♥ J inscribed on Jan Di's necklace stands for Jun Pyo ♥ Jan Di (vice versa)
- Jan Di had an art assignment due so Ji Hoo invites her to go to a museum ~ on a day with no exhibition ~ just the two of them!
- Ji Hoo gives Jan Di a lotus sculpture because she was admiring it in the museum
Official episode 18 pictures and screenshots of Ji Hoo & Jan Di

goddessrin

Post by goddessrin » Mar 11th, '09, 04:02

Hey is the second OST out yet? If so can you post up a link???

I'm really looking for that one Second Moon song, the instrumental one that played when Ji Hoo was at the hospital with Jan Di (who collapsed) and kissed her fingers while she was unconscious. The song appeared in Goong S.

Anyway if you have a link to the OST or the song especially please let me know!!!!!!!!

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Mar 11th, '09, 04:25

episode 19 spoilers
Episode 19 had a reverse situation in which Jan Di ended up taking care of Ji Hoo after a confrontation with his grandfather at the clinic. Ji Hoo got sick from the rain and when he arrived home, he founds Jan Di waiting for him outside his house. She put him to bed and then HE GRABBED HER HAND AND HELD IT CLOSE TO HIS HEART!! ♥ *doki doki* She cooked him breakfast and then went back to her apartment early the next morning and saw Jun Pyo - who apparently spent the night waiting up for her - outside his apartment.

I never did understand why Halapoji said the cause of the accident was his fault...or did he mean that it was his fault Ji Hoo grew up isolated and alone?

Truth or Dare game: (the questionee who doesn't answer the question would have to kiss the questioner)
Yi Jung to Ji Hoo: would you ever love another like you loved Seo Hyun?
Ji Hoo glances around (at Jan Di?) & kisses Yi Jung on the cheek!! (AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW)
Ji Hoo to Jun Pyo: if the person you loved was hurting, would you let her go? (does that mean he wants Jan Di??)
Jun Pyo: No, I won't let her go, I can't let her go
Jun Pyo to Jan Di: Will you hold on to the promise *refers to promise Jan Di made earlier about how she wouldn't let anything get to her...especially not Jun Pyo's witchy mother*
Jan Di: No, because the person who made that promise is no longer here
Jan Di to Woo Bin: Woo Bin sunbae, if the F4 were women, who would you choose to marry?
Yi Jung spits out his drink~ XD (I honestly think Woo Bin would have chosen Yi Jung in the end...)
Woo Bin: none of them! One's an arrogant egoist (Jun Pyo), the other a weirdo/strange (Ji Hoo), and the last one's a womanizing Casanova (Yi Jung).
F3 starts pounding on Woo Bin

In the end, only one person got kissed - Yi Jung by Ji Hoo~ ROFLMAO!

Hmmms...is it just me or has Hyun Joong's acting become a whole lot better after the first 8 episode or so? I thought his eyes were so dead and movements unnatural and stiff earlier on in the show, but now I see an improvement in his acting ability. My dongseng has the potential to be a great actor, he just needed to tap into it before he could fully utilize that talent of his. Now as for Lee Min Ho, he utterly blows me away as Gu Jun Pyo~ One word: AMAZING!

I skipped most of the Yi Jung and Ga Eul scenes and ALL the scenes with the witchy mother. Not as interested in them as I was before Yi Jung became a jerk.

Zarine

Post by Zarine » Mar 11th, '09, 05:16

I never really rooted for the "Rui" character until now. In the other versions he was just always too quiet and in the background. Even though Ji Hoo is still a quiet character, he is always there for Jan Di and always tries to help her. And you really do get a much better sense of his feelings in this version.

Totally off subject, for those of you who have seen Meteor Garden, the actor who plays Hua Zhe Lei also plays the lead in the TW version of Mars. Anyone else here think that Hyan Joong would also be great in that role? I want to see Japanese and Korean versions of Mars, Marmalade Boy, and Peach Girl!

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Mar 11th, '09, 09:13

About episodes 18&19:
So, I totally don't understand more than, like, 20 words of Korean, but I skimmed thru epi 18 and saw some caps and spoilers about epi 19. So everything I say might just be my misunderstanding, but anyway, on with it.
I wish Korean dramas stopped doing that "shooting an episode a week before it comes out" thing. It'd be nice if they just had a solid script, which they would shoot and then just show the damn thing. But no, they have to see the public's opinion and screw the whole thing up. I dunno, sometimes I'm really pissed because things don't go my way, but still, it's better that it goes the way they intended it, not the way that viewers want it, if it means changing stuff.
I got the idea that people liked Woo Bin and wanted to see more of him, so suddenly they throw us a scene where he's all suicidal or something, revealing dark secrets to his bff. I have no idea what they talked about, but there was no sign of something like this coming, right? Episode 19 sounded pretty ridiculous too, like they just threw stuff together without thinking about continuity. Fanservice, much?
Stupid Korean BOF! :x

tkah

Post by tkah » Mar 11th, '09, 10:20

It seemed like episode 19 was just to highlight that the other F4 members also have issues.

[/spoiler]The bridge scene was just too short and random to make any sense. I don't remember that character having suicidal thoughts in any of the other versions.

Elien

Post by Elien » Mar 11th, '09, 10:30

I don´t think Woo Bin had suicidal thoughts, he was just frustrated. I don´t understand why they put this scene there too, it doesn´t make much sense but maybe when you think about it deeply, you may see the connection between Woo Bin and Yi Jung. Because Yi Jung was by Woo Bin side when he needed him, that´s why Woo Bin tries to support Yi Jung now, when he is so down.

Btw, I dont get only one thing: are all the asian people stupid to put someone who is dripping wet and running fever in bed with their clothes on?! WTF?! I was surprised thet Jan Di managed to take off Ji Hoo´s shoes O_O

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Mar 11th, '09, 13:00

The scene with Woo Bin and Yi Jung
Woo Bin admitted that he doesn't care how the rest of the world view him but he feels embarrassed in front of F3...probably pertaining to his family's "business." Considering he's the heir to one of Korea's gangs, his future employment isn't really something a lot of people would boast about. And I guess it doesn't help that F3 comes from respectable families and are heirs to prestigious companies...

He wasn't really suicidal but when Yi Jung asked him to come down from the ledge, he wouldn't do it so Yi Jung pulled him off and slammed him against the car (now that was hot!). Yi Jung's words to him was something along the lines of "We (F4) are friends because we can be embarrassed in front of each other."
offtopic:

@ Zarine: I would love to see a Japanese remake of Mars & Marmalade Boy. Vic did an EXCELLENT job as Ling in "Mars", my favorite role of his yet. Though I was totally creeped out by his mother and all those winding staircases in the flashbacks. *shivers* (supporter of Barbie/ZaiZai forever!) Plus, it gave us Hua Zhe Lei/Shan Chai fans something to fangirl over. I was honestly disappointed that she got back with Dao Ming Shi in Meteor Garden 2, he was such a jackass there.

But the Taiwanese version of "Marmalade Boy" was mediocre at best, I couldn't even finish watching it. The chemistry between Ken Zhu and the female lead just wasn't there.

nokchan

Post by nokchan » Mar 11th, '09, 18:04

I really really ship Yi Jeong and Ga Eul

Even though Yi Jeong was
totally dickish to Ga Eul.
I like their chemistry and was rooting for Shiro and Yuki too.
Unfortunatly that ended kinda unsatisfying.
I tried to watch Meteor Garden but found it draggy and like no one of the main cast. So I stopped but I really would like to know
how did it end for the Yuki/ Ga Eul and Shiro/ Yi Jeong in Meteor Garden????

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Mar 11th, '09, 22:56

Zarine wrote: Totally off subject, for those of you who have seen Meteor Garden, the actor who plays Hua Zhe Lei also plays the lead in the TW version of Mars. Anyone else here think that Hyan Joong would also be great in that role? I want to see Japanese and Korean versions of Mars, Marmalade Boy, and Peach Girl!
Off topic too, but I agree when are the Japanese or Korean going to remake Mars and Marmalade Boy (not interested in Peach Girl because that whole story has a very very annoying character who can't make up her mind). Either the Japanese or Korean can really pull off an angst driven character really well. Need two really really dynamic actor and actress for Mars. As for Marmalade Boy, it's set up is kind of like Hana Yori Dango with all the love triangles and it's a high school story going to college. Hopefully some PDs are seeing these posts and reading our wishes :wub: :lol

I guess the only character I did like from the Taiwanese Meteor Garden was Vic Zhou as Rui. I mean he played the quiet, no emotion type really well and after MG, he totally improved his acting especially in Mars and his introverted character in Wish To See You Again.
As for the relationship between Yi Jung and Ga Eul on Meteor Garden, nope they didn't end up together. Not together either in the Japanese version. And I'm totally put off when suddenly Yi Jung is becoming a jerk towards Ga Eul in the Korean version. Dude, what was up with the first half of the series and their happy moments when all the PD is going to do is to not to get them together too.
So far there are tidbits of questions that are still unanswered for this series:

1. Why oh why can't people recognize their ex-president and how did he become a doctor?
2. Who was Yi Jung referring to when he was talking about a "kid" in his sleep?
3. Can a person hear anything with a helmet on (Ji hoo using cell this way)?
4. Jae Kyung must really be stupid or pretending to not know the relationship between Jun Pyo and Jandi and just really manipulative.

Anyways, don't you guys think the young F4s are soooo adorable and cute. :D

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Mar 12th, '09, 01:39

garnet07 wrote:I guess the only character I did like from the Taiwanese Meteor Garden was Vic Zhou as Rui. I mean he played the quiet, no emotion type really well and after MG, he totally improved his acting especially in Mars and his introverted character in Wish To See You Again.
Same here. I never did like the group "F4" much after they debuted from the drama...aside from Ken and Vic. Never got to finish watching "Wish To See You Again", that was the one where he played this eccentric novelist who fell for the hotel staff, right?

garnet07 wrote:So far there are tidbits of questions that are still unanswered for this series:

1. Why oh why can't people recognize their ex-president and how did he become a doctor?
2. Who was Yi Jung referring to when he was talking about a "kid" in his sleep?
3. Can a person hear anything with a helmet on (Ji hoo using cell this way)?
4. Jae Kyung must really be stupid or pretending to not know the relationship between Jun Pyo and Jandi and just really manipulative.

Anyways, don't you guys think the young F4s are soooo adorable and cute. :D
1. Tell me about it! I really want to know more about the ex-president and his relationship with Jan Di & Ga Eul's boss\boss's father.
2. Hmmms...probably not Ga Eul but ummm...the other one (I forgot her name...^^;;) - the pottery teacher, though I'm not 100% sure. Works either way, huh? :)
3. OMFG! LOL!!!! I thought I was the ONLY one who caught notice of that!!!!!!! It happened like 10x already...for some reason Ji Hoo's always on his bike whenever he's on the phone. Like WTH, how does one hold a conversation with a metal helmet on his head?...how could the director miss something as huge as that? and multiple times at that, too. ;3;
4. No, she knows. Otherwise she wouldn't have made up that lie about "not sleeping a wink with Jun Pyo" at the spa place meanwhile Jun Pyo actually left earlier during the night. Notice how Ji Hoo caught the lie and stayed silent about it... She probably did that to test Jan Di's reaction. BINGO when she dropped the knife. Then there was the "truth/dare" question Jae Kyung asked Jun Pyo when they got back to his house, about "whether he would choose love or friendship."

bluriishh

Post by bluriishh » Mar 13th, '09, 17:37

haha. this is how it goes.
:D

yeah yeah.
for Korea version, i think the good thing is that all the F4 are DAMN HOT!

all are like damn hell handsome and hot.

& i was kind of more interested in watching GaEul & EeJung together!!:D

bluriishh

Post by bluriishh » Mar 13th, '09, 17:37

haha. this is how it goes.
:D

yeah yeah.
for Korea version, i think the good thing is that all the F4 are DAMN HOT!

all are like damn hell handsome and hot.

& i was kind of more interested in watching GaEul & EeJung together!!:D

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Mar 14th, '09, 17:55

tkah wrote:
[/spoiler]The bridge scene was just too short and random to make any sense. I don't remember that character having suicidal thoughts in any of the other versions.
that is true, i guess they read that he need more screen time or something and they came with this :x I was shocked to see it that I got mad :x
that was uncalled for :crazy:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Mar 14th, '09, 17:57

Elien wrote:I Btw, I dont get only one thing: are all the asian people stupid to put someone who is dripping wet and running fever in bed with their clothes on?! WTF?! I was surprised thet Jan Di managed to take off Ji Hoo´s shoes O_O
:lol :lol that was funny
atleast u know take off the jacket :P

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Mar 17th, '09, 15:11

episode 20 of BOF! <333 Finally up to my favorite Tsukasa and Makino scenes: when she becomes his personal maid at his mansion

Watching Jun Pyo eating ramen/ramyun makes me feen for it, too. D:
and so many "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" worthy moments because the love he has for her is just so obvious in this episode
take for example the scene where he just sits there watching her sleep...soooo darn romantic and sweet!
and and and the scene where he throws at fit and threatens to fire all the maids except for Jan Di when they try to wake him up
or even the scene when Jan Di fell asleep in Jun Pyo's closet and he's like touching her face and lips...I so wanted him to kiss her :D
BUT UH-OH...the last scene when Jae Kyung walks in to his room and finds Jan Di there with her maid attire. DUN DUN DUN...

Jan Di & Jun Pyo vs Jan Di & Ji Hoo = D: D: D:

This episode seriously lacked any Jan Di/Ji Hoo's scenes (except for the ones with them alongside Ji Hoo's grandfather) but I guess producer had to start making up for the shortage of Jan Di/Jun Pyo moments in the last 8 episodes or so.

Ji Hoo + music (violin, piano, guitar, harmonica) = ♥ HE'S JUST SO BEAUTIFUL & TALENTED!!!

*sighs*

- The 2nd soundtrack better be out soon, some of the ballads there are really nice.
- I also felt that they underplayed Ji Hoon's "animosity" towards his grandfather which was probably deliberate because I really did not want to see any scenes where he's less than perfect like when he actually ate the breakfast his grandfather prepared for him. Unrealistic, I know. But I can't help it.
- I am also highly jealous of Kim Hyun Joong's perfect skin and perfect hair <33

[preveiew for next episode]
1. Jae Kyung tries on her wedding dress and Jun Pyo - his tux
2. Ji Hoo punches Jun Pyo
3. Jun Pyo says he won't give up Jan Di
4. Organizations and plans for the wedding have started
5. Jae Kyung apologizes to Jan Di/Jun Pyo about her/his [Jan Di's/Jun Pyo's] broken heart(s) :| Not sure who she was addressing that statement to
6. Jun Pyo asks F3 to break his arm (as a way to stop the wedding?)
Last edited by lilswtangel on Mar 17th, '09, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Mar 17th, '09, 15:15

wait did two episode play thisweek as well or was it just one again ????????? :unsure:

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Mar 17th, '09, 19:54

misuzana wrote:wait did two episode play thisweek as well or was it just one again ????????? :unsure:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1171046

8)
OMFG, JI HOO IN A WHITE TUX & JAN DI IN A WHITE WEDDING DRESS = EPIC WIN!!!! (and win they did XD)

YUMS, KIM HYUN JOONG IS FLIPPIN' BEAUTIFUL YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He needs never to change his hairstyle EVER again ♥

Jun Pyo should just marry Jae Kyung and leave Jan Di to Ji Hoo...

*goes back to watching the rest of episode 21*

[edit]
Just finished watching episode 21. I take back what I said about Jun Pyo and Jae Kyung. It's obvious Jan Di should just marry both guys...XD

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Mar 18th, '09, 18:28

lilswtangel wrote:
misuzana wrote:wait did two episode play thisweek as well or was it just one again ????????? :unsure:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1171046

8)
OMFG, JI HOO IN A WHITE TUX & JAN DI IN A WHITE WEDDING DRESS = EPIC WIN!!!! (and win they did XD)

YUMS, KIM HYUN JOONG IS FLIPPIN' BEAUTIFUL YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He needs never to change his hairstyle EVER again ♥

Jun Pyo should just marry Jae Kyung and leave Jan Di to Ji Hoo...

*goes back to watching the rest of episode 21*

[edit]
Just finished watching episode 21. I take back what I said about Jun Pyo and Jae Kyung. It's obvious Jan Di should just marry both guys...XD
thankz for the link ...
HAHA :lol she should :P
:thumleft: that was a hot episode :thumright:
he does look fine in his tux :wub:
wow is liek deja vu with junpyo and jandi
the end was somewhat similar to when jihooandjandi was comming back from Macau(hope i spelled it right)
HAHA I didn't know breaking your handcould stop a wedding from happen (like forever)LOL :lol

WeDwellNForever

Post by WeDwellNForever » Mar 19th, '09, 01:39

Does anyone know what horror movie Jan Di and Joon Pyo are watching in episode 20? I'm a sucker for horror movies and that movie looked a lot like Ringu, but with a high school boy as the main character.

1shinigami0

Post by 1shinigami0 » Mar 19th, '09, 09:59

I'm coming late into this drama and into this discussion, which is too bad, because I'm enjoying the Korean version immensely. I have to say that to me it's the best so far. I love how they adapting the manga. The little twists and turns that have been added made the story much more plausible and human. And the backstory they gave to Ji Hoo (Rui) goes a long way to explain the character aloofness and at the same time gives him room to "thaw" as Jan Di enters his life. The script is so much better than I can forgive the few directing mistakes (like putting a soaked wet Ji Hoo in bed with coat and tie on *sigh*).

The drama has been perfectly cast. Lee Min Ho is excellent, but everybody else is very convincing in their roles. I know that my heart will break in many more pieces when this version of Rui ends up without Makino. Or should I say "if"?

WeDwellNForever

Post by WeDwellNForever » Mar 19th, '09, 17:05

Nevermind, I found the name of the horror movie. It's called Gosa aka The Story. It looks good too. Now I'm going to have to find a copy.

[Edit] Apparently it's also called Death Bell since that's the name I just found it under. Yay!!

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 20th, '09, 02:44

Just watching ep 19, surprised that they didn't play Starcraft :P

urchin

Post by urchin » Mar 21st, '09, 04:56

WeDwellNForever wrote:Nevermind, I found the name of the horror movie. It's called Gosa aka The Story. It looks good too. Now I'm going to have to find a copy.

[Edit] Apparently it's also called Death Bell since that's the name I just found it under. Yay!!
LOL, lots of blood and one of your favorite F4 actor is in the movie, Kim Bum (So Yi Jung).

mahirghari

Post by mahirghari » Mar 24th, '09, 23:29

Hey anyone, I just wanted to know if this instrumental could be found or downloaded anywhere. Or if anyone knows what its called or anything about it. Its been played in some other episodes but I have a clip of episode 23 that plays this music. Its the song at the beginning, there is a piano and a violin version:

Please, I hope someone can help me out, really want a track of that music. And its not on any of the OST's, 1,2, or 2.5 SO yeah, thanks!!!!

GiGichan

Post by GiGichan » Mar 25th, '09, 02:37

so I'm in the middle of episode 21....
I'm sure Jae Kyung really loves Jun Pyo but does anyone else think that if Jan Di were to say 'oh I really want to be with him' or 'I'm not going to give him up!' that she would back off? I know Jae Kyung said she won't give him up but I think that's only because she loves him and doesn't want to give him up to someone who refuses to even acknowledge her true feelings for him or put her whole heart into being with him. In a way I think she is trying to either get them to admit how they really feel or really lose each other forever and move on with their lives

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Mar 25th, '09, 23:18

So its 25 episode NOW !!!!!!!!!!!
OH KOOOOOOOOOOOOl :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Oh k now I that she was supsoe to leave and everything but like that ... I felt for the boy :cry: i wanted to cry too .... that was just wrong :x but MAN sheeze
and com' on so close SSOooooooooo close :roll (JIyung and Gaeul) ... any how compared to the others ( I had too) he broke down real good and man he did that great ..i know she can of felt bad when he said that he wants a second chance but hey it played out in the end when he almost kissed her .............AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH i was actually looking forwrd to that too :blink

Its onward for the last two episode :cheers: :cheers:

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Mar 27th, '09, 23:56

Episode 21, really...
how much more painful do they want this to get? It's enough that I can't stop rooting for Ji Hoo, and then they throw those wedding pictures at us!? How cute were they? I'm dying, honestly.
I dunno, it's so hard to pick favorites in this drama. Jun Pyo is great, but Ji Hoo is great, too. I was so sceptical in the beginning about the whole cast, but it's really been the best choice. Min Ho is just excellent as Jun Pyo, no one is as pretty as Hyun Joong, so he's the best choice as the beautiful Ji Hoo (he's totally not an embarrasment for the rest of the cast anymore, he's actually pretty good now). Kim Bum, ah, so handsome. I'd like to say he's my favorite, but Kim Joon's Woo Bin is great, too, and not bad-looking at all. I think, after the rocky start ("yo yo", anyone?), Kim Joon has been a great supporter. Even tho he hasn't been on that much, I think he is the glue of F4. He has great chemistry with everyone in the cast. All in all, there's been a lot to watch out for, and it's really very rare for me to like so much :P , it's hard for me to name what I like the most!

The drama is drawing to an end and while the are some things that I know that will happen, I must be really careful from now on to not get spoiled. I already stumbled on a regrettable spoiler about epi 23 on Allkpop, so I'll probably just have to stay out of every site I might get spoiled in. I want to see the end with my own two eyes!

kukuri
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kukuri » Mar 28th, '09, 15:33

Hi all!

I was watching ep23 and the part where Ga Eul brings Yi Jung to the rooftop and show him his first love's message... this happened in another drama. I can't remember which one. Was it a jdrama or kdrama? Does anyone know? I keep on thinking about it, but I can't remember! :blink

Masumi-chan

Post by Masumi-chan » Mar 28th, '09, 16:22

was watching ep23 and the part where Ga Eul brings Yi Jung to the rooftop and show him his first love's message... this happened in another drama. I can't remember which one. Was it a jdrama or kdrama? Does anyone know? I keep on thinking about it, but I can't remember!
lol, it was in Hana Yori Dango 2.
pretty much every thing in the Japanese Hana Yori Dango is in the Koren Hana Yori Dango.

makes you think did thay read the manga or just watched the Japanese Hana Yori Dango?, i mean the manga lasted for years one wed think their wed be a lot of stuff to work with.

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Mar 29th, '09, 01:48

I AM SOOOO SAD because it's ending soon :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I love this drama :wub:

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 29th, '09, 20:27

Wrt ep 20, what is the korean horror film that they were watching together?

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Mar 30th, '09, 12:32

auroragb wrote:Wrt ep 20, what is the korean horror film that they were watching together?
WeDwellNForeverOffline wrote:Nevermind, I found the name of the horror movie. It's called Gosa aka The Story. It looks good too. Now I'm going to have to find a copy.

[/quote]

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Mar 30th, '09, 14:49

^ I should have read a page back! thanks! ^^;

anokas2757

Post by anokas2757 » Mar 31st, '09, 01:29

OMG
i really think that yi jung was going to express his true fellings for gaeul and she didn't let him say it!!!
i hope that they can be together in the end*.*

Vider

Post by Vider » Mar 31st, '09, 09:55

Oh my gosh :crazy:
Episode 24's
Yoo Mi is terrible x_X I know it was like this in Hana Yori Dango and all, but... I just somehow cannot get over the injustice of it all. And in the preview of ep. 25 where Yoo Mi announces that she is studying with GJP in America.... that just set me over the edge :cussing:
Hopefully they won't overdo the painful drama in the last episode, lol. I don't think my already trodden-on heart can take it :-(

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Mar 31st, '09, 15:02

hah!
hah! didn't ey say something would be missing if Jun Pyo wouldn't lose is memory? :3 *dance* yeah baby, i was right +.+

mist1105

Comparing to Meteor Garden

Post by mist1105 » Apr 1st, '09, 07:42

My friends INSISTED that I watch this drama, but my heart and mind was pretty settled on Meteor Garden being the best adaptation. After watching Boys Over Flowers, below are my feelings for it:

Pros of BOF:

1) The sets and locations were done a LOT better than MG, probably due to it being current and having a better budget

2) Casting. It was just nicer to look at their faces than MG truth be told. Lee Min Ho looks exactly like Jerry Yan.. and by far their acting and looks is equal to me. THey were GREAT as Goo Jun Pyo and Daoming Si. No offense, but from what I've seen, taiwanese actresses aren't really known for their beauty, which is good and all. But the three beauties in BOF were better than the two weird rich girls that picked on Shan cai in MG.

Cons of BOF::

1) The timeline of the story was very upsetting to me. I felt that Jun Pyo and Jan Di were apart from each for such a long time. I was losing the connection they originally had. This may be due to MG being filmed before the manga was completed, hence MG2 (which was aboslutely ridiculous), but the way MG's plot played out was a much smarter way than BOF.

2) The story line of Yi Jung was thrown in from nowhere. I definitely didn't expect it and was a little frustrated by the melodrama of it all. =/ Also that brief 10 minute freakout of woo-bin in one of the episodes was weird.

3) The last two episodes of BOF was the most disappointing. It was basically MG2 compressed in the last two episodes.. and albeit, MG2 was about 24 episodes too long, but BOF compressed it and SPLIT them up again!! seroiusly? -_-'

Overall.. MG is the winner in my book. Mainly due to the way the storyline was played out.

srs.cassiopeia

The series has ended...

Post by srs.cassiopeia » Apr 1st, '09, 18:40

This series could have been really good! Had their editing been better, had they chosen the scenes more wisely with better pacing, had the writing been more consistent (for the sake of Jandi’s character!), Kkotboda Namja could have been so good. Nevertheless, despite all its flaws, it still kept us addicted for all that made this series good:

* on the superficial level, cute, hot actors
* really good Goo Jun Pyo version by Lee Min Ho
* really good Madam Kang version
* divergence from the Meteor Garden and Hana Yori Dango plots, especially the So-eul relationship and the deeper role that Ji hoo played in Jandi’s life
* bits and pieces all throughout the series, including:
> the Jun-di first kiss on the swing
> the Jun-di second kiss on the road
> the Jun Pyo can’t-help-but-love-Jandi moments
> the scenes where Jandi went out of her way to initiate anything with Jun Pyo (quite rare moments because she was unusually passive when it came to Jun Pyo — understandable when all wasn’t well between them; not so understandable after their reconciliation when all became well)
> the Ji hoo ever-patient expressions of love to Jandi (to the point where I grew dissatisfied with the Jun-di scenes because Ji hoo and Jandi had more precious moments together. In the real world, those two would have ended up together. I wanted them to. =P)
> the pool scene conclusion to the amnesia arc
> and I’m sure and a lot more personal ones for each of us fans
Honestly, Kkotboda Namja could have been known as How Jun Pyo Matured as a Man.

Regarding episode 25,
I don't know what all the Jandi-reading-for-comatose-Shinhwa-dad scenes were for. They didn't give that proper closure.

What a great experience this series was! I loved anticipating and watching 2 episodes week after week and reading what other fans had to say about them. Thank you to all fan subbers and recappers!

Mai-Soon

Post by Mai-Soon » Apr 2nd, '09, 00:08

Is it just me who feels that something was missing!!!!

any way t was a very interesting Drama :)

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Apr 2nd, '09, 14:34

Mai-Soon wrote:
Is it just me who feels that something was missing!!!!

any way t was a very interesting Drama :)
no, you're not the only one. xD

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Apr 3rd, '09, 09:17

I wanted MORE :| I wanted so much moreee :x
Oh well I still enjoyed it, but sad that it has now come to an end :-( now what to watch ...

And what about the eye candy no more :cry: lol

Still love the drama, but I wanted more action between the main leads ..
For me it felt like Jan Di wasn't showing Jun Pyo much love, it wasn't lovey dovey at all, not happy!!!! I guess it was a better ending than MG but still I was hoping this one would show more affection between the leads who apparently love each other sooo much. Jun Pyo was the main guy showering love, but Jan Di didn't do much at all. Sometimes as I watch I just wish ya kno she would hug him suddenly, I don't know something!!! ARGH
I will miss my Lee Min Ho though, I hope he has another drama lined up :wub:

yy2005

Post by yy2005 » Apr 3rd, '09, 10:38

I know this is quite idiot question but i need some help.
actually i noted there is english substitle can be dl but i dunno how it works. Cause when i dl the subtitles is few 100kbs only so i think i need to dl the raw also? It is correct? but i dunno how to open. IS there any guideline?
Thanks..

dheystar

Post by dheystar » Apr 3rd, '09, 12:44

...i like dis series..

Mai-Soon

Post by Mai-Soon » Apr 4th, '09, 03:02

akiko-chico wrote:I wanted MORE :| I wanted so much moreee :x
Oh well I still enjoyed it, but sad that it has now come to an end :-( now what to watch ...

For me it felt like Jan Di wasn't showing Jun Pyo much love, it wasn't lovey dovey at all, not happy!!!! I guess it was a better ending than MG but still I was hoping this one would show more affection between the leads who apparently love each other sooo much. Jun Pyo was the main guy showering love, but Jan Di didn't do much at all. Sometimes as I watch I just wish ya kno she would hug him suddenly, I don't know something!!! ARGH
I was thinkin the same way :blink:

I mean:
till the end i was thinking that Jan Di would go back to Gi Ho, as she didn't show that much affection towards Jun Pyo :glare:

shosef

Post by shosef » Apr 4th, '09, 06:17

does somebody know when the special will come out?...the special that comes out after the series ended not the one between eps.16 and 17....i hope somebody will sub it...

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Apr 5th, '09, 11:26

shosef wrote:does somebody know when the special will come out?...the special that comes out after the series ended not the one between eps.16 and 17....i hope somebody will sub it...
The special was released on here a while ago with subs! Just do a search in torrents and you will find it.

shosef

Post by shosef » Apr 5th, '09, 11:38

akiko-chico wrote:
shosef wrote:does somebody know when the special will come out?...the special that comes out after the series ended not the one between eps.16 and 17....i hope somebody will sub it...
The special was released on here a while ago with subs! Just do a search in torrents and you will find it.
well...as far as i know that special is the one between eps. 16 and 17...i'm asking for the special which will be aired after the series ended...

taniyama_mai

Post by taniyama_mai » Apr 5th, '09, 13:21

shosef wrote:
akiko-chico wrote:
well...as far as i know that special is the one between eps. 16 and 17...i'm asking for the special which will be aired after the series ended...
i read at some blog that there is no special after series ended. Its only April Fool..
i'm also really hope that there is special episode..

:-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Apr 5th, '09, 23:46

taniyama_mai wrote:
shosef wrote:
akiko-chico wrote:
i read at some blog that there is no special after series ended. Its only April Fool..
i'm also really hope that there is special episode..

:-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

i really hope too..
but, i don`t think there will be one.
K-Dramas don't usually don't have specials i think

Mitgott

Post by Mitgott » Apr 7th, '09, 23:16

Does anybody know which song is played in the disco in ep. 19, when Gaeul and Yi Jung are having a "date"?

skoolrumble4ya

Post by skoolrumble4ya » Apr 8th, '09, 18:56

In the manga has there been any conclusion after the proposal?

LilyJade

Post by LilyJade » Apr 20th, '09, 21:14

A special episode is gonna be aired on April, 28th according to the Allkpop article in which there's a video.

http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_s ... continues/

kamkar1

Post by kamkar1 » Apr 20th, '09, 21:37

Mai-Soon wrote:
akiko-chico wrote:I wanted MORE :| I wanted so much moreee :x

I was thinkin the same way :blink:

I mean:
till the end i was thinking that Jan Di would go back to Gi Ho, as she didn't show that much affection towards Jun Pyo :glare:
I agree with all of you. I was so disappointed they way they drag it and end it like that. The first season was amasing...the moment he walked out of the car and walked to Jan di and said to himself just stay there while the sun was in his back and all his love was making him going forward. and then the KISS came....and then it became another show. I would LOVE to see him in another drama with a rule similiar but to let him be the REAL male actor. :wub: