[Discussion]Mei-chan no Shitsuji - Hiro Mizushima

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
jus me

Post by jus me » Mar 18th, '09, 01:22

I'm waiting for a special too. I think the ending was left open for a special. After all, the manga is still on going. Who knows, maybe things will change?

jazztonish

Post by jazztonish » Mar 18th, '09, 02:22

watched the last ep. . .

Mei hugging Shiori scene made me cry. It is very kind of Mei to comfort the fragile Shiori. :cry:

I just love the way Rihito teased Mei after giving her a sudden kiss. I mean he's always calm and collected. His action was mostly unexpected to me. But Mei's facial expression didn't seem to satisfy me. I feel like she was shocked being kiss without a notice.

Phew~ I'm going to have a sound sleep tonight~
It's kind of sad having nothing to watch after this drama ends. I'm looking forward to see the (future) drama from Hiro and Nana-chan.
And seems like I should get back to watch American series (Gossip Girl and Heroes) in no time.

btw, thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts and theories over Mei-chan No Shitsuji. I'm glad that I found a great place to talk over and over about my favourite drama and heard everyone's reaction towards the drama.

See you next time. hope to see you guys ASAP!!

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 18th, '09, 05:39

To be honest, I think it's far from over yet. I wonder what else is there in store for the couple lol..
Still, I'm not betting too much on a second series as I'm very particular about a show when it got all sappy...
So yeah... I guess we'll have to all wait until next year or so to see if there will be an SP...

A little off topic though... Seeing the Hiro's thread is kinda dead >.<
Why it is, an actor who's fluent in English doesn't have a full flagged English fansite?
The only ones I've seen are like on LJ and several other sites like that...
I'm only asking this because there's a couple - a few in fact
actors from Asia that does have full flagged English website by the fans...
Just wondering... Really wondering...

annie_chan

Post by annie_chan » Mar 18th, '09, 07:54

wickedvampiregirl wrote:To be honest, I think it's far from over yet. I wonder what else is there in store for the couple lol..
Still, I'm not betting too much on a second series as I'm very particular about a show when it got all sappy...
So yeah... I guess we'll have to all wait until next year or so to see if there will be an SP...

Why it is, an actor who's fluent in English doesn't have a full flagged English fansite?
To be honest, Hiro is not quite an established actor yet. He hasnt acted in that many films and he's not a singer (well, JE idols in particular). It is understandable and reasonable to see such things happen.

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 18th, '09, 08:31

annie_chan wrote:
wickedvampiregirl wrote:To be honest, I think it's far from over yet. I wonder what else is there in store for the couple lol..

To be honest, Hiro is not quite an established actor yet. He hasnt acted in that many films and he's not a singer (well, JE idols in particular). It is understandable and reasonable to see such things happen.
I suppose so. But seeing him in several roles so far (and I mean it on a professional level) I find that he's a very talented actor. He had improved a lot over the years. Sure, he doesn't sing, I just don't see how that should effect his ability to attract fans world wide. I rather see him as a full grown actor with promising talents rather than staying a J-Idol forever. Still, I do wonder whether he could sing or not at times lol. It seemed all celebrities these days have to come with certain package... I'd like to believe he could be more than just a J-Idol... But, that's just me.

Anyway, before we went all well away from the topic... I wonder, if they're planning on an SP, how long do you think before it'll come out?

annie_chan

Post by annie_chan » Mar 18th, '09, 08:41

wickedvampiregirl wrote: I suppose so. But seeing him in several roles so far (and I mean it on a professional level) I find that he's a very talented actor. He had improved a lot over the years. Sure, he doesn't sing, I just don't see how that should effect his ability to attract fans world wide. I rather see him as a full grown actor with promising talents rather than staying a J-Idol forever. Still, I do wonder whether he could sing or not at times lol. It seemed all celebrities these days have to come with certain package... I'd like to believe he could be more than just a J-Idol... But, that's just me.

Anyway, before we went all well away from the topic... I wonder, if they're planning on an SP, how long do you think before it'll come out?
I understand that he is a talented actor. But on the other hand, he does not have the support or coverage like most of the J-idols have. That does have certain affects on his popularity both inside and outside Japan.

I like your "certain package" :P But I dont think I like him singing or dancing like other idols. For certain people, it's the best that they stay where they are and grow in their own way ^^.

Back to the topic, I reckon a year at least ^^ they've got to let the manga develop a bit more and ask for permission to end the drama in a different way.
:P

raiskymaiFLY

Post by raiskymaiFLY » Mar 18th, '09, 09:11

jazztonish wrote:watched the last ep. . .
I just love the way Rihito teased Mei after giving her a sudden kiss. I mean he's always calm and collected. His action was mostly unexpected to me. But Mei's facial expression didn't seem to satisfy me. I feel like she was shocked being kiss without a notice.
FOOOOOOOOR SERIOUS. It felt like
another Horikita Maki in Hana Kimi, which disappoints me because I love this Mei's character a lot. She gets in her stupid helpless moods like most heroines, but she generally has a good sense of humor and doesn't just sit there and sob and wait for the guy to come along and make things right. That's why I really wanted to see a good kiss for Mei and Rihito, but... I felt a bit cheated in that regard since Mei just SAT there like a wall. Also in the way the whole drama ended. I watched it on keyhole, so I might be missing some things (it's horrendously choppy), and my translation skills are very feeble, but from what I could tell, it was like, And then Rika went on to learn how to make udon! And then Izumi became the next Lucia! And then Shiori became good and settled for Shinobu who was surprisingly okay with all of this blah blah blah. I don't want a sum-up, I want action.
To be honest, though, I did like this last episode. I don't mean to complain about it so much. Only one thing is for certain: I DEMAND A SPECIAL.

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 18th, '09, 09:18

annie_chan wrote:
wickedvampiregirl wrote: I suppose so. But seeing him in several roles so far (and I mean it on a professional level) I find that he's a very talented actor. He had improved a lot over the years. Sure, he doesn't sing, I just don't see how that should effect his ability to attract fans world wide. I rather see him as a full grown actor with promising talents rather than staying a J-Idol forever. Still, I do wonder whether he could sing or not at times lol. It seemed all celebrities these days have to come with certain package... I'd like to believe he could be more than just a J-Idol... But, that's just me.

I understand that he is a talented actor. But on the other hand, he does not have the support or coverage like most of the J-idols have. That does have certain affects on his popularity both inside and outside Japan.

I like your "certain package" :P But I dont think I like him singing or dancing like other idols. For certain people, it's the best that they stay where they are and grow in their own way ^^.

Back to the topic, I reckon a year at least ^^ they've got to let the manga develop a bit more and ask for permission to end the drama in a different way.
:P
True, and that's a shame really. I don't see why he cannot have the same support. Hahah... Come to think of it, it would be weird to see him dance around and sing... I'd be O___o if the day ever come lol... Well, from what I can see, he had already have fans outside of Japan, it's just too bad he doesn't have extensive exposure like other stars does. Maybe he should consider Hollywood movies, it wouldn't be too bad...

Ahh the certain package... I dunno, most idols that were introduced along the certain package lines had since disappointed me. I dunno, maybe I expect too much of them... Yup, Hiro's better off growing in his own ways lol...

A year... I wonder what'll happen in a year lol... 2010... I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the manga unfolds and how they plan out the SP... But, in the Manga, it seemed like Mei's grandfather already approve of Rihito...

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 18th, '09, 10:26

so
i am not alone in thinking that this story is far from the real ending. the constant zomming on rihito's worried look every time mei is about to say something to kento, everytime she stress too much about him, could be an indication of her feeling changes for him.
i too get the feeling that there might be a SP following this drama later on. there are so many loose ends to characters and it was done in some hurry.
i am disappointed with mei in this ep more than everyone else. just like i am happy with rihito. there was nothing wrong in rihito actions /character in this ep. he was flawless in everything which i hardly can say was the case for mei.
and that hug was just to beautiful in any way to have mei reacted in such shocking way after that kiss.

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 18th, '09, 16:04

So... I was bored and try not to watch another Japanese drama at the moment as my brain needs time to regroup... Still I ended up reading the Manga... From the ending and the Manga chapter's I've read so far... Here goes spoiler...
It seemed it both Manga and the Live-Action, the grandfather seemed to be keen of Rihito. Of course, in the Manga, he had made his intention clear to Rihito - That one day he will be Mei's husband - Not surprised there. Still, seeing there's still a lot of differences from the drama and the Manga, I'm not sure if that's the case, still hoping though. There's a lot of missing characters - Like the elder Shibata, Mr & Mrs Shibata as well. Does this mean we will indeed be seeing an SP? Will the grandfather stated his true intention of allowing Rihito to be on Mei's side? Why was he sending Kento to England? Was that to allow him to have the best education or to replace Rihito? Gahhh... I knew I shouldn't have read the Manga...

Gigara

Post by Gigara » Mar 18th, '09, 16:50

I hope there will be a least a SP!
But i have my hopes up cause its a fuji drama and they often have sp of higher rated dramas eg. Hana Kimi, next week zettai kareshi sp,... :-)

nickel56

Post by nickel56 » Mar 18th, '09, 18:13

Ah yes, being a FujiTV drama does give it a higher chance of having an SP! ^^

argh, just finished episode 10, but without the satisfactory feeling
what's obviously lacking is the show of love from Mei's side! >< what with Rihito initiating the kiss and noting that he no longer thinks that shitsuji are supposed to hide their feelings.
the perfect opportunity for her would have been at the airport, but she didn't say anything! probably for fear of hurting mameshiba (or can it be... perhaps... her feelings are still swaying? :O)

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Mar 18th, '09, 18:20

Just finished episode 10 :wub:
I gotta say, the kiss was very nice on rihito's part, but like everyone said mei just sat there, she should have at least smiled or smirk or kiss him back on the cheek right after. that would have been cute.
all the hugging and hand holding was sweet. im so jealous of nana-chan. overall, im happy with the intimacy in this jdorama, i was afraid since it was a teenage drama, they weren't going to even touch each other. the kiss couldn't have been better, but im satisfy. this is a jdorama after all... i didn't expect anything.

i really like how they somehow still put the funny scenes of the class in, like helping them escape, i thought it was a nice touch without over doing it.

the ending... of course there is more, kento coming back and mei graduating and maybe rihito will be her bf/husband instead of butler. there are endless possibilities. i think a second season is too much, a SP would be perfect. i want to see rihito in some normal clothes!
ahhh im going to miss this drama so much. i really enjoying watching hiro and nana :)
thank god Zettai Kareshi SP is coming out next week, otherwise next week would be hell for me.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Mar 18th, '09, 18:22

iguess we are all on the same page with the ending good
aww it about time though that something got somewhere .... everyone was always beating around the bush :P
oh man what will be next ??
:unsure:

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 18th, '09, 22:44

just finished watching d-a version
i seriously need subs for the last few minutes. it seems very interesting talk rihito giving mei about getting jealous of anyone that gets mei attention.
and it from the look of it, natsumi has decided to go (more like to come :P ) study in UK as rihito was teaching her English (you could hear hiro speaking English in the background too). so actually decided to follow kento.
but to be fair, with all what i wrote earlier, there are lots of hints that rihito and mei will end up together too. and rihito already acting as he is something more than just a butler even though he keeps on saying he is mei's butler.
but what it remains unsolved is the hongo family heiress

and i meant to say this from looong time ago. i totally adore those little sheeps that run all over the scenes from time to times. just see the one standing next to rihito as everyone walked in the room. chooo kawaii :P

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 18th, '09, 23:02

Still waiting for the subs lol... Coz like you Issy,
I have trouble understanding some parts myself >.<
I've been reading the Manga, and it seemed...
The Manga fans prefer MeixKento pairing lol...
I just couldn't help thinking a few things over...
I think someone had brought it up somewhere before
Kento's case is somewhat like Hanazawa Rui's case
They seemed to be the perfect guy for the girl
Yet, they're not the guy for the girl.
I suppose, in so many ways, in Manga or drama,
I prefer MeixRihito pairing more than MeixKento...
Guess we'd just have to wait and see if there's an SP...
Ahh... A year of waiting - more or less, right?

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 18th, '09, 23:31

wickedvampiregirl wrote:Still waiting for the subs lol... Coz like you Issy,
I have trouble understanding some parts myself >.<
I've been reading the Manga, and it seemed...
The Manga fans prefer MeixKento pairing lol...
I just couldn't help thinking a few things over...
I think someone had brought it up somewhere before
Kento's case is somewhat like Hanazawa Rui's case
They seemed to be the perfect guy for the girl
Yet, they're not the guy for the girl.
I suppose, in so many ways, in Manga or drama,
I prefer MeixRihito pairing more than MeixKento...
Guess we'd just have to wait and see if there's an SP...
Ahh... A year of waiting - more or less, right?
i guess getting a SP is related to having high rating. like Zettain Kareshi that was one of the highest rating drama of its season and even though it totally did not need the sp but they made one anyway.
this season was not so good with rating with most if its dramas. lots of them had a big drop from what was their original. but MnS some how maintianed its rating more or less (even though it was not very good but was not that bad either)
yes, i thought about that comparison too. me personally , i don't see it. because in HYD rui was the perfect one. just like rihito. actualy i can see more of domyoji in kento than rui. acting on umpulse, not thinking forward, hot blooded guy...
the only similarity between domyouji and rihito was that both went physical pain for their girl's sake.
yes, i wrote before that majority of mei-chan manga fans were on kento's side. because he is much cooler than rihito in there. no offence to takeru fans and himself. plus he is as the same age as mei (both 13) so it feels very weired for mei to be in love with rihito (21). but if you compare mei-chan drama fans, most of people want mei to end up with rihito. i think in manga rihito is much harder on mei.
the age gap keeps making think that MnS mangaka might end the manga to the favour of kento. i am not really sure but i am very suprised that they decided to end a manga based drama without the original been finished. that is why my mind always goes back to having a SP or maybe more.
i mean, wouldn't this ending affect popularity of the manga at all?
me too, i want nothing but mei x rihito ending. i will love watching these two character get together, i don't even mind see them having kids and then their kids get married, hahaahah sorry, i can go on and on on this silly dreams. :P
but somehow i feel that mei x rihito story together would be more interesting than mei x kento story. kento has been with mei sinve they were kids and kind of know eachother well. but with rihito and mei, they have totally different background/up bringing/ characters/... and now that new rihito has come out, it can get even more interesting.

Elien

Post by Elien » Mar 18th, '09, 23:37

Haaaaa, finaly I had the chance to watch it as whole and it was *kyaaaa* :wub:
I loved the hug, it was so sweet and so *rabu rabu*. Then , I was kinda disapointed in Shinobu cause he was a bit to much histerical, more then Shiori herself :blink But the final escape from school was hilarious!!!!!!!! Nezuchi was the best :wub: and Izumi with her aikido skills kicked asses :lol I didn´t get the bazooka thing but it was funny though :mrgreen: And the kiss? I don´t get why she was looking down before he kissed her but I do understand her expression afterward. How would you react if someone in Rihito´s position and with his behaviour sudenly kissed you and then said in a playful manner "Naisho desu, ne."? I don´t think I would be able to react in any way :scratch:
With that letter-like ending, they must make a SP. It was not enough for us, not enough :cussing:

About the sheep: I did notice some of them but not this one until I watched the scene for the second time. It was so funny XD

Aaahhaa, I will have to read the manga now and wait for Hiro in Zettai Kare next week :cry:

raiskymaiFLY

Post by raiskymaiFLY » Mar 19th, '09, 00:27

strawberrynkiwi wrote:ahhh im going to miss this drama so much. i really enjoying watching hiro and nana :)
thank god Zettai Kareshi SP is coming out next week, otherwise next week would be hell for me.
ALREADY??? WELL, then! That makes me excited! Something to watch for over spring break. =) But I have a feeling that I'm going to be really sorry for Hiro, since Riiko's so damn wishy-washy and will probably go with Night again despite the fact that Soshi's been completely devoted to her all the time they were abroad.
...Although I don't know how I'll feel seeing it this early in the year. Whenever I think of ZK I think of summer, so I don't really like the thought of associating it with spring.

ANYWAY, though, back to Mei-chan, I think her feelings have definitely been swayed, what with how emotional she was over Rihito in the last episode.

And WHAAAT about hearing Hiro in the background speaking English to Natsumi? I really did miss a lot on keyhole, I think. I haven't rewatched it since Tuesday morning since I'm waiting for the good quality to come out (I need a good ending to my week, and I don't want to spoil everything by watching it over), so I should probably wait to talk about it until I see it again... urrrrrrgh!

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Mar 19th, '09, 01:30

ow ow... Spoilersss!!! hehehe.. you're making me want to watch it without subs.. hahaha...

bet ya.. I will.. yes! ZK SP will be release this month along with Gokusen 3 SP.. ja! matta neh!

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Mar 19th, '09, 10:06

I just read what rihito said

before he kissed her he said "I can't afford to see mei-sama looking at anyone else, so dont have interest in others..

KYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH DIE WITH ME PLEASE RIHITO IL BE YOUR MEI-SAMA XDDD

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 19th, '09, 10:48

@Issy

It's actually quite normal for a broadcasting company to capitalize on a show that have promise and can bring them more audience. I suppose in some ways, I really don't mind ZK SP - I don't think it would hurt to just watch it just to catch a glimpse of Hiro lol... I'm joking, still, that's a good excuse to watch a drama, isn't it? It does seemed like the drama ratings everywhere had been dropping in comparison to what it was a couple of years ago. Or maybe younger people these days rather party out than staying in. I remember preferring home than parties when I was a teenager lol... There was always something to watch on TV. But, then again, maybe because of the lack of quality on some shows had effected people mood from watching most shows as well... Who knows...
I read the Manga, and I did not picture Hiro as Rihito in the Manga, I can very well differentiate a human and a Manga character, thank you very much =D Anyway, even so, I prefer if Mei ended up with Rihito even in the Manga. Why? Oh come on, 8 years is not that big of age gap. So he had to see her grow up and eventually learn to love her as a woman instead of a child that needs to be taking care of. And Mei needs to learn to love Rihito like an adult eventually. So, that's interesting from where I can see it. Rather than just falling in love with your bestfriend - which by the way is just far too cliche. In so many ways, Mei in the Manga have to learn that Rihito is not perfect as Mei in the drama had come to realize.

Still, I think the best way to end it to just fast forward maybe up to only ten years into the future, nothing more. Just put an end to Mei & Rihito story there. It would be a nice wrap to see how their life would be. Rihito in my eyes, in both the Manga and drama have a lot to learn. They're both quite stoic... Well, the drama Rihito is worse. He can't even understand what Principal Rose meant when she hinted about Shiori seeing Mei as her opponent >.< I wanted to murder him right there and then. And in the Manga, I think he have to learn to let lose a little, he's a little stiff around the people other than his brother. I've only seen him being mischievous towards Kento. Guess we'll have to wait and see on how it will all come to an end, right?
@ Elien
Izumi is like SOOOO COOL! I was like... HELLS YEAH! Nezu made me giggle a lot. I thought Daimon showing up with a Bazooka and shot the freaking life out of the people who were on Mei & Rihito's tail was rather awesome... But, about the kiss, I suppose you're right lol... Hmm... We need an SP, we need to see more of this playful side of Rihito lol...

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 19th, '09, 11:21

Shiget^ wrote:I just read what rihito said

before he kissed her he said "I can't afford to see mei-sama looking at anyone else, so dont have interest in others..

KYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH DIE WITH ME PLEASE RIHITO IL BE YOUR MEI-SAMA XDDD
oh yes, that i was refering too. getting a sense of jealousy when she was writing at the end. he was so cute

@wickedvampiregile
i am sorry if i have offended you when i wrote about manga. i really did not imply anything about you not being able to differentiate a human and a Manga character. that was not my intention at all. if the words came out the wrong way, i do apologise.

i guess the time has come for me to put an end to my constant ranting.
i am glad that ZK is next so i can still see my hiro-kun.

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 19th, '09, 11:33

@Issy

I must be a terrible joker. Oh well. Nah, just that my sense of humor is a bit different than yours I suppose. I meant that as a joke. Years back, I hung out with a bunch of Anime maniacs lol. So yeah, some people couldn't draw the line between reality and fantasy and I seemed to be able to do that just fine. Which was why it was quite funny to me. It was more of an inside joke for me and my friends I suppose. It's bit of sarcasm that I'm used to. I should really tone it down... Failing at it by the way lol... Sorry if I had somehow cause you to misunderstood my words.

About ZK... I wonder how long SARS would take to sub it. I saw that they already claim the project. Just wondering whether they'd be fast enough or else I'd be watching RAW version. I so need to learn more Japanese.

lunas

Post by lunas » Mar 19th, '09, 12:58

:offtopic: Did most of the fan that what ZK because of Hiro or because you like the story. The reason for that because Aibu Saki annoyed me so much that I stopped half way and now I am debating whether to continue it or not.

Chibi-Chibi

Post by Chibi-Chibi » Mar 19th, '09, 13:11

I don't know if you can say that SP guaranteed since my Japanese pretty much sucks but they started talking on baobab blog something about it. First involving Sugiyama Noriaki than Fukuyama Jun. It makes it really suspicious for me since both are more voice actors than actors, so i was thinking it has something to do with CD drama or something similar, but nothing like that is written there. So i'm actually waiting to watch 10 episode (still downloading) to finally see what the hack was all that writing on the blog about.

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 19th, '09, 13:24

LOL... I suppose we shouldn't have gotten off topic. But, it's quite hard to avoid doing so seeing we're discussing mainly of Hiro's character. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of ZK, but I have nothing against it.

Maybe we should go back on trying to come up with endless possibility for Mei-Chan No Shitsuji.

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 19th, '09, 13:30

lunas wrote::offtopic: Did most of the fan that what ZK because of Hiro or because you like the story. The reason for that because Aibu Saki annoyed me so much that I stopped half way and now I am debating whether to continue it or not.
yes, i am sorry to go off topic too .
to be honest, the only reason i watched ZK was because to see hiro as i was really impressed by him in hanakimi. Aibu Saki acting was over the top and very annoying to the point of wanting to strungle her everytime i saw her. mokomoich was ok i guess. but i was only interested in hiro's scenes.

@wickedvampiregirl
no worries dear :P
Maybe we should go back on trying to come up with endless possibility for Mei-Chan No Shitsuji
there is nothing i like more.
Last edited by Issy on Mar 19th, '09, 14:20, edited 1 time in total.

Elien

Post by Elien » Mar 19th, '09, 14:06

Aibu Saki was a bit annoying but ZK was one of the better dramas that season, mostly because of Hiro and Mokomichi XD

Someone here mentioned that Hiro was in SMAPxSMAP, was it last weeks episode? Cause I watched the monday epi and there was just Tom Cruise :evil:

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 19th, '09, 15:56

Issy wrote: @wickedvampiregirl
no worries dear :P
Maybe we should go back on trying to come up with endless possibility for Mei-Chan No Shitsuji
there is nothing i like more.
Where did we left it? Which crazy ideas did we stop on? LOL... I kinda lost track with all the possibilities. But, I really do hope that everyone will have some sort of happiness. I hope Kento will end up with Natsumi. She's such a nice girl and it's clear that she cares a lot about her friends. And I'm not just saying that just because I wanted Mei to ended up with Rihito, but... I dunno, I just like Kento & Natsumi pairing better. And her lunatic sister, I wonder how long she'd be all over the butlers. I remember Kiba being terrified of her. He was like "Izumi-Sannnn" And Izumi showed up and drag him away... So kick ass ^^

PopGilligan

Post by PopGilligan » Mar 19th, '09, 17:59

I hope Kento will end up with Natsumi. She's such a nice girl and it's clear that she cares a lot about her friends.
Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that. She always seemed so concerned about Kento. I could definitely see them ending up together...a long time from now. For those who have read the manga, is there any hints that way?

(And as a side note, I wish I had found this thread/drama earlier! Everyone is so adorable here! You're having too much fun!)

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 19th, '09, 21:10

popgilligan wrote:(And as a side note, I wish I had found this thread/drama earlier! Everyone is so adorable here! You're having too much fun!)
:lol Yes, it is really fun but at the same time scary to see some people are obsessing about one drama/its story and its characters so much to the point of not stop thinking about it. :P

as for kento and natsumi, yes, the hints were there right from ep1. natsumi always showed some sort of extra attention to kento but he always tried to ignore her.
and now
that she is going to UK to study (of course for sake of being next to kento, there are might be a happy ending for them.
ok, i want that pairinng to happen because aside from natsumi and kento looks so cute together, rihito and mei look more adorable and perfect for eachother.
wickedvampiregirl wrote:Where did we left it? Which crazy ideas did we stop on?
crazy ideas?
crazy idea number 1 is that i am starting to believe that it is the final ending for this show. the more i see the last few minutes of the drama the more i think they telling you that mei and rihito are together now. the jealous look on rihito's face when she was writing to kento and when he asked her not to look at any other guys because he is not ok with it (not actual translation, but more or less same meaning) and that final kiss was abig indication.
but gosh how i love to see some more of that playful side of rihito and him acting jealous over mei. i can't believe that he is the same person from last 9 eps. i am just loving this new rihito.
and did someone wrote earlier that this suppose to be teenagers drama? :goggle: i am too old to obsess over this drama but i can't help it. i guess i need to re-watch the whole thing from ep 1 again.

lunas

Post by lunas » Mar 19th, '09, 22:10

I guess I've to add myself to the list of old people obsessing about this teenage drama. LOL. I've read it some where else that people would rather that Mei end up with Kento and they were not happy with the ending. What's up with people obsession over the supporting actor should end up with the main lead actress? It's a one-sided love anyway.
Any who, I hope Hiro and Nana will star in another series together.

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 19th, '09, 22:36

lunas wrote:I guess I've to add myself to the list of old people obsessing about this teenage drama. LOL. I've read it some where else that people would rather that Mei end up with Kento and they were not happy with the ending. What's up with people obsession over the supporting actor should end up with the main lead actress? It's a one-sided love anyway.
Any who, I hope Hiro and Nana will star in another series together.
:lol :lol :lol Thank god that i am not the only one here.
what's wrong with with people? honestly, how and why people don't want mei to edn up with rihito? :cussing: :goggle: i really don't understand this way of thinking. is it just because kento is a supoorting actor should get the girl? people always sympethise with the less fortunate one in the story.
is like how lots of people wanted makino to end up with rui and not domyouji. is kind of rebelling against the main role because they think he is more than lucky to have the main role as well the girl.
it was not like mei was desperately in love with kento but with all his efforts, he could not win her. what about poor rihito? didn't he go though enough for mei's sake? and to be honest, even though i loved and adored kento in the drama but he still did not give enough reason on why mei should end up with him. ok, he was loud and out spoken about his love but he did not do much that we can he difinately should be with mei.
or is it because rihito looked perfect (no offence to takeru) in looks and action then he has to be on the losers side?
i just don't get it.

raiskymaiFLY

Post by raiskymaiFLY » Mar 20th, '09, 02:04

Sorry, moving away from Mei/Kento/Rihito for a moment--I just watched the finale again for the first time, and all the male comradery in this episode is adorable!! XDXDXD The butlers are all sooo cute together, especially Kiba and Rihito. I love Kiba! And the fist bump at the end? HAHAHAHAA this drama is hilarious.
My favorite part, though, is how Hiro seems to be having so much trouble getting his arms around that ridiculously foofy dress Mei's wearing for the duel. LOLOLOLOLOL I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing! He kept adjusting his arms so as to look like he's giving a convincing hug but was also trying not to crush the dress, so it just looks hilariously awkward! Man, I'm soooo sorry this amuses me so much and that I felt the need to share it here, but... it's just so funny! Hug without reservations, Hiro! Screw the dress; y'all have got money for a new one! kak kak kak kak kak kak kaaaa ooooookaaay I'm stopping now.

Salz

Post by Salz » Mar 20th, '09, 04:32

Elien wrote:Aibu Saki was a bit annoying but ZK was one of the better dramas that season, mostly because of Hiro and Mokomichi XD

Someone here mentioned that Hiro was in SMAPxSMAP, was it last weeks episode? Cause I watched the monday epi and there was just Tom Cruise :evil:
it is in the ep 1 week before Tom Cruise :-)

hang_1988

Post by hang_1988 » Mar 20th, '09, 05:02

Yeah MEIXRIHITo ^_______________^ So happy for this ending... :D
So She said " gomennasai" in the ceremony means that " Now I have to leave this place to come see my best friend " not like "I don't want to be the successor" :whistling: At first, with no sub, I think she just doesn't want to be the heir anymore, But with sub, I think she is still be the heir and try her best :D .. If they make a SP, I want a wedding of MEI&RIHITO :wub: ... Mameshiba is nice person but I can't imagine A happy ending for him and Mei ... If they let them together, I can't accept it because in 9th episode, Mei made up her mind... Rihito is the most important person of her life ... and From most of the dramas i've seen, Childhood friends almost haven't a happy ending ... Always has a boy or a girl appears and everything change :whistling: ... Just a normal thing, because as a childhood friends, they know eachother very well, so one of them get attacked by someone strange to them .. :lol .. So in Mei's case, Rihito is the only one for her ... Mameshibasaid that Mei's feeling may be changed but if that thing happen,so out of character :-( ... if you love someone so deeply, from the bottom of your heart, the feeling must be never changed...

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Mar 20th, '09, 05:23

Is the subbed for the final episode is already out?

hang_1988

Post by hang_1988 » Mar 20th, '09, 05:52

colyn7 wrote:Is the subbed for the final episode is already out?
Yes, GO WIKII :lol ... The most sweet thing is MEI told RIHITO " stay by my side forever, promise me ? " ... so this is so clear ^^________^^ Mei's heart belongs to Rihito

forgetting4u

Post by forgetting4u » Mar 20th, '09, 07:52

I liked the way this ended, though I would have liked more emotions (jealousy, mushiness) from Rihito.

I think others may have mentioned this, but I would LOVE a second season. I think it is so possible. The trials and tribulations of trying to get to a higher ranking and keeping the "love affair" a secret (though in the manga it is encouraged by the grandfather).

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 20th, '09, 08:35

raiskymaiFLY wrote:Sorry, moving away from Mei/Kento/Rihito for a moment--I just watched the finale again for the first time, and all the male comradery in this episode is adorable!! XDXDXD The butlers are all sooo cute together, especially Kiba and Rihito. I love Kiba! And the fist bump at the end? HAHAHAHAA this drama is hilarious.
My favorite part, though, is how Hiro seems to be having so much trouble getting his arms around that ridiculously foofy dress Mei's wearing for the duel. LOLOLOLOLOL I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing! He kept adjusting his arms so as to look like he's giving a convincing hug but was also trying not to crush the dress, so it just looks hilariously awkward! Man, I'm soooo sorry this amuses me so much and that I felt the need to share it here, but... it's just so funny! Hug without reservations, Hiro! Screw the dress; y'all have got money for a new one! kak kak kak kak kak kak kaaaa ooooookaaay I'm stopping now.
so suprised some else is noticed that too
when rihito was hugging mei with that open back dress, rihito/hiro is trying his best not to touch her back. you can see his hesitation to do so. and then moving fast to her head and not even touching her hair but the flower on the head.
i seriously did not know how to take it as? is it a director order? character behaivour or hiro's hesitation by himself?
why the subs are always out when i am at work and can't watch.
:cry:

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 20th, '09, 10:15

@PopGilligan
Yup, Natsumi & Kento does look cute together ^^
Hmm... I have only read a bit of the Manga...
So I'm not exactly sure...

@Issy
Hmm... I suppose you're right.
I kept watching the ending bits while waiting for the subs - now I've watched it with the subs - It seemed like it's already a good ending there. Maybe not as whole. Like, we don't really know what else happens to Kento. But yeah, I do get that vibe that they were telling us that it's Mei & Rihito, they're together and happy now. Still, a girl can hope hahah... I kept thinking about it even when I was at work lol...

Though, if they were going to make an SP - I suppose it would be maybe during Mei's final year at St. Lucia. Or even, maybe the moment where she decided it's time for her to step up and take up the family mantel and live up to the expectations. Right now, she's just trying. I can't help but wonder, if there will somehow be an SP, will Rihito be separated from Mei? As in not because they wanted to. Maybe I'm thinking about this a little bit too much lol...
And the...
OMG! I was watching that over and over again and trying not to over-analyze anything. But I think, right there and then, Rihito doesn't know how to react exactly. Like he was not certain how to act on his own feelings until he got a little (maybe a lot) of push from Shinobu & Kento. Maybe he was trying to take things slow... Or maybe it was meant to be shot that way...
Even though I've said that
I won't feel sorry for Shiori, but I can't help but wonder. I suppose in some ways she does have a heart. I was close to tears when Mei told he to live. Mei's such a good person and it seemed like the kindness is rubbing on people lol. I love the fact that at the end Shiori does find some sort of happiness of her own with Shinobu. It's a good thing.
And about that...
I believe that, if you're truly in love with someone, regardless of anything, you would have tried to show it. It's either in a negative way or a positive way. I could see Kento was doing all he can to win Mei's heart. Still, I don't think he ever did. To her, he is her childhood friend. The best of friend she could ask for. The way I see it, if she was indeed in love with Kento, she would have in some ways realize it herself. I still believe Mei's heart belongs to Rihito. Kento is just the best friend. It's not drama cliche... To be honest really, even in real life, how many people do you know ended up marrying their childhood friend? Let me see... Me? None. A childhood friend is like a security net for male and female alike. They think they're in love with the best friend, but in majority of the case, they're not. They just like having the best friend around. I say Mei had moved on... But hey, that's just me
Okay...
I now... No longer knows what to think of the grandfather... >.<

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 20th, '09, 11:26

IMO
if they are going to make a SP of this later on
they going to follow mei and rihito at her last year of st lucia academy (3 years from now on).
just by thinking about it, a flood of crazy ideas overtake my brain. almost scary to think about.
if they way continue the way it is between these two (and someone mentioned their secret love affair) and their might be something that comes between them (against their will) that endanger their future together.
but i am sure that mei will take over hongo family by end of her academy year. i guess that granpa hongo will make sure of it. he left her on her devices so can complete her study years in piece (even though i hardly can see any piece of it now that rihito is hands on his love for mei and so jealous of anybody else and being playful in secret)
but as she finish those 3 years, i guess he will approch her again.
and shiori, i too had a change of heart after those crying scenes. so strange but it was too emotional that i had tears in my eyes too. baka me :P

lunas

Post by lunas » Mar 20th, '09, 13:58

They need to do a SP. The possibility if
Mei see Rihito more than her butler and what happen to their relationship when she has an option of choosing someone with her equal, in term of wealth, etc or would she still choose Rihito. The endless possibility.

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 20th, '09, 14:45

lunas wrote:They need to do a SP. The possibility if
Mei see Rihito more than her butler and what happen to their relationship when she has an option of choosing someone with her equal, in term of wealth, etc or would she still choose Rihito. The endless possibility.
OH MY GOD.
I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU WROTE THIS.
i was actually thinking bout the same plot myself. (yes, i am that obsessed with mei x rihito ). i was thinking what if in the matter of 3 years when she decided to go back to hongo family, she gets someone in her current status (asa hieress) that wants to marry her or she has to for sake of hongo family business.
how rihito can keep up with that problem? for time being he is nothing but her butler.
how can they overcome this problem (if it was such problem to be). i know for sure that she will chose rihito over money and status but what happens in the process can make a great story. i think.
i can't stop thinking about endless crazy plots for what ever happens next. :lol

LilyJade

Post by LilyJade » Mar 20th, '09, 16:57

Issy wrote:
lunas wrote:They need to do a SP. The possibility if
OH MY GOD.
I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU WROTE THIS.
i was actually thinking bout the same plot myself. (yes, i am that obsessed with mei x rihito ). i was thinking what if in the matter of 3 years when she decided to go back to hongo family, she gets someone in her current status (asa hieress) that wants to marry her or she has to for sake of hongo family business.
how rihito can keep up with that problem? for time being he is nothing but her butler.
how can they overcome this problem (if it was such problem to be). i know for sure that she will chose rihito over money and status but what happens in the process can make a great story. i think.
i can't stop thinking about endless crazy plots for what ever happens next. :lol
God, this is exactly what I was thinking while watching the end.
A SP must be done, a real choice between Rihito and a potential husband has to be done, Rihito must give up on his butler status and Mei refusing the potential hubby so the strength of their love is proved! And then maybe Kento will reappear and another trouble again but then I don't see the plot yet but Mei and Rihito are made to be together so the end will be the perfect wedding of Mei and Rihito!
It can be done like this right ?! Please. T_T

lunas

Post by lunas » Mar 20th, '09, 17:57

I've finally finished watching last ep with sub and I'm very surprised when I heard
Rihito said to Kento that Mei expressed more of herself when she's with Kento than when she's with him and how he doesn't want her to look at anyone. Mei really need to step up and show Rihito that he meant more than just a butler to her plus whether she has feeling for Kento or not. And the possibility of other potential candidate in the future.... I was kind of very sure that Mei like Rihito more but I'm not quite sure after the last episode. Oh the wretched open ending :x

Any who, I am a little too obsessed about this right now so I'm going to watch Love Shuffle to get my mind off of this.

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Mar 21st, '09, 13:07

hmmm... I haven't watched the ending with subs yet.. I still have to watch it though.. Love Shuffle is nice.. hahaha

~Riku~

Post by ~Riku~ » Mar 21st, '09, 18:15

Just a quick question; the drama that showed at the end, what is it called?

Elien

Post by Elien » Mar 21st, '09, 20:40

~Riku~ wrote:Just a quick question; the drama that showed at the end, what is it called?
I think it´s this one: Atashinchi no Danshi; with Horikita Maki, right?

avontflex

Post by avontflex » Mar 22nd, '09, 06:40

just finished watching the dorama.sugoi sugoi sugoi...within 2 mths this dorama climbed to 5 stars at mysoju.com. now i m busy spreading to all my other friends whom watched j-dorama.
n yes,i agreed w the crowd tt a SP will come out due to its open ending...hopefully a season 2 :)

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 22nd, '09, 09:51

i thought the same thing when i finished watching ep 10. but nowdays, after watching it some more times and with subs, i keep thinking is it really an open ending ?
remember the promise that mei asked rihito to take just before the duel when she was hugging him. " to stay by herside now and forever" does it mean just as her butler? it is hard to believe that because after reading her parents letter telling her to fight for that special someone in her life with all her means and then asking shiori for duel just to keep rihito by herside.
at the same time i keep contraindicating myself by thinking of kento's talk and telling rihito that he will come back later on and supress him as a man and a butler to take mei away from him. not to mention those thoughts that maybe mei realised she has feeling for kento after finding out that he is leaving.
and those last few minutes, rihito actually telling her that from now that he won't hide his feeling and emotions (it still be in the dark) and she can't look at anyone else. and for mei to agree to it and say nothing is a hint of acceptance because she simply could objected atleast knowing how loud she can get.
my over all feeling is that is kind of open ending but not for mei x rihito. they will be still be together fro next 3 years untl she finish her studies and i really think that their love becomes stronger as the time pass and specially now that rihito has decided not to lose to his brother at any cast.
can't we just a have a SP right away? :P i am too greedy

Erisadesu

Post by Erisadesu » Mar 22nd, '09, 19:44

I think that one special episode will not be enough
I want a second season!!!!!
and with the few things I know about doramas i believe the ending would have been like this
mameshiba would have returned to japan he would caused a dillema to mei
bu the end she would choose Rihito and Kento would have been left alone and
with a broken heart and probably he would end up with Mei's friend. But I really really really prefer mameshiba to rihito...

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Mar 23rd, '09, 03:50

:dance: <------dance move for an SP.
love love love the ending. it was cute...
i hope there is more exposure with Jutta kun and Izumi. these two are so cute and their acting is just way over the top for Mei Chan. they are my other favorite characters in it. :D

oh, and have you noticed this guy?

he's really a hottie butler, Kimisawa Yuki face is definitely KAkkoi!!!

pinklady

Post by pinklady » Mar 26th, '09, 13:39

loved this dorama so so much!!
rihito-sama <3333

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 26th, '09, 22:02

just read this on jdorama

Mito Komon(continued)______________________10.4__12.6__12.0__13.4__10.9__12.0__13.4__11.1__8.1__14.1__13.8 (end) Ave 12.1
Voice ___________________________________ 17.7__17.4__15.0__12.3__16.0__15.2__15.4__14.0__10.2__12.8__13.6 (end) Ave 14.5
Triangle__________________________________14.7__11.1__11.9__11.5__11.6__11.5__10.8__11.3__12.1__13.1__15.5 (end) Ave 12.3
Mei-chan no Shitsuji ________________14.9__14.8__14.4__12.0__13.6__14.0__13.1__13.5__13.4__16.6 (end) Ave 14.0
Kami no Shizuku ___________________________ 10.3__7.3__6.2__5.0__6.0__4.9__4.7__4.9__5.4 (end) Ave 6.1
Kiina _____________________________________16.5__15.5__15.3__12.7__14.2__13.3__13.3__14.9__14.8 (end) Ave 14.5
Aibo7(continued)___________________________20.5__18.8__20.2__16.1__17.3__17.9__16.9__21.7__19.5 (end) Ave 18.1
Tadano Hitoshi Season IV ___________________ 11.9__10.9__10.4__10.6__10.6__9.1__9.4__9.7 (end) Ave 10.3
Arifureta Kiseki____________________________12.5__10.9__10.1__11.4__11.1__10.5__10.4__9.8__8.9__10.0__11.4 (end) Ave 10.6
Reset ____________________________________7.0__5.5__5.5__5.0__4.5__5.2__5.5__5.3__6.0
Hissatsu Shigotonin 2009 ____________________ 14.7__11.4__11.9__10.9__12.5__12.7__12.8__13.1__13.7__9.6
Love Shuffle ______________________________ 10.0__10.7__8.2__9.6__8.9__8.3__7.6__7.5__7.0__10.1 (end) Ave 8.8
Uta no Oniisan _____________________________ 10.6__10.4__11.6__10.2__10.2__10.6__11.8__10.7 (end) Ave 10.8
Rescue ___________________________________ 12.2__12.8__8.9__10.7__10.9__8.3__6.4__8.8__8.9 (end) Ave 9.8
Zeni Geba ________________________________ 12.0__11.3__9.0__10.7__10.1__10.2__8.7__6.4__10.5 (end) Ave 9.9
Honjitsu mo Hare, Ijou na shi _________________12.4__10.0__8.3__7.1__7.3__6.3__7.0__6.8__8.4 (end) Ave 8.2
Tenchijin __________________________________24.7__23.5__24.7__26.0__24.2__24.4__23.2__23.1__20.3__22.2__22.8__21.7

Akai Ito (continued)__________________________10.0__10.8__8.0__8.4__8.0__8.9__7.0__8.9 (end) Ave 8.5
Omiya-san(continued)________________________13.5__15.3__13.4__12.0__12.9__14.1__13.1__13.4 (end) Ave 13.2
QED______________________________________6.2__6.0__4.7__3.9__7.1__5.4__4.4__5.1__3.5__4.8 (end) Ave 5.1
Shirasu Jiro (NHK)___________________________12.8__8.2
33-pun Tantei_______________________________6.3

great final ep rating. there might a hope for an SP after all.
i never can figure out how the rating works out but you can never tell. ZK had a highest rating of its season but its SP did not do the same at all (and to be honest i was expecting this result as i always wondered about the storyline)

lunas

Post by lunas » Mar 27th, '09, 00:27

I sure hope that they will have an SP at least. :pray: Anyway, I've finally finished the summary of SMAPXSMAP. All I can said is Hiro is very frank and when he eat, he'll ignore all of the conversation around him and only focus on eating. I put this under spoiler since it's long.
They started by introduced themselves and then a brief info about them. Nakai then asked how they address each other. And then the types of food they want to eat. Meat for Hiro, dessert for Nana and vegetable for Takeru
Nakai then joked that they must have discussed ahead of time about the menu.
Hiro explained about their relationship in Mei-chan and as of the day this episode aired, they do not know the outcome of the relationship. They then each tell their impression of each other and Takeru said that Hiro is perfect, he has no weakness. Nana said that Hiro is very smart which surprised him and Nakai then said it great to have a girl said you smart. Hiro then said that it gave you no chance for love (I guess to date that person), Nana then explained that Hiro can be very goofy too, and he is really good at making funny faces in which Nakai said it’s a little hard to believe and said that they should do a segment of Hiro making funny faces, Hiro objected as it will ruined the mood of Bristo (???) ( I actually do not mind seeing this)

Hiro impression of Nana was that she’s a straightforward person, a person that doesn’t lie. As for Takeru, because of orange hair, he did not give Hiro a very good impression of him but after they get to know each other, Hiro said that Takeru is very cute. Takeru is a very easy-going person (I could be wrong in this part), unselfish that why people get along with him easily. Nana also said that Takeru is cute too. Takeru said that Nana love to smile.

Hiro met Kimura and he explained that he loved Kimura in Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi. Nakai then mentioned about the possibility that may be Hiro could be filming a series with Kimura in the near future. (I actually hear some good news from a blogger in Japan but have not seen the announcement in the translated news site yet. So I'm not going to say anything to give people fault hope). Nakai then make fun of Takeru that he has a very slim chance and Takeru said that he’ll work harder. Shingo then asked Nana about her dolphin plush toy he saw in the news or something. Nana then said that due to the long drive to filming, she used it as a cushion. Nakai then said that his bed is full of the dolphins and other plush toys. :roll

Goro called both Hiro and Takeru “senpai” because they were Kamen Rider before him and Takeru explained that it was a very long distance travel for him during filming of Kamen Rider. At this point Shingo asked where Takeru live and as it turn out they live very near, which surprised Takeru a little bit.

There’s nothing much conversation during the food tasting. Since Hiro is basically focused on eating, so the members of Smap talked to Takeru that Tsuyoshi accidentally called him Wateru instead of Takeru. :lol Hiro made 2 comments here during Kimura and Shingo team that caused Kimura to say that it’s the first for them to hear such frank comment. One was Hiro told Takeru that he finished all of food and he’s full eventhough they still have dessert to taste. And the other one is he’s very satisfied after he ate the strawberry. :lol Hiro would love to eat the food again tomorrow when Goro said that if they like they can take some of the food home during the Goro and Tsuyoshi food tasting.
I hope everyone enjoy reading this.

Elien

Post by Elien » Mar 27th, '09, 08:08

Yeah, I watched the SmapxSmap too and it was funny to hear that Hiro said "Niku." I thought he would chose vegetable but he is a real men afterall X)

angelitzme

Post by angelitzme » Mar 28th, '09, 16:50

does anyone know if Hiro have an official website beside the Ken-on site? or any website weekly updated with any events concerning him? thanks

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Mar 30th, '09, 14:08

Ahhh I guess everyone's still hoping for an SP, eh?
Haven't seen Zettai Kareshi, been off the radar for a bit xD
But errmmm... Interesting summary on SMAPXSMAP...
I wish there's a subbed version somewhere
I usually like to hear them talk lol...
Still, being able to understand it would be nice

I wonder how long till they'll produce an SP...
After all Hiro is kinda the hot new thing these days

Good news... I manage to make my friend purchase Mei-chan DVD
Ahahahah... Yup, for some reason it's already out in my region
She's all *squeals* at the sight of Hiro lol...
Guess I did her a favour, eh?

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Mar 30th, '09, 15:19

lunas wrote:I sure hope that they will have an SP at least. :pray: Anyway, I've finally finished the summary of SMAPXSMAP. All I can said is Hiro is very frank and when he eat, he'll ignore all of the conversation around him and only focus on eating. I put this under spoiler since it's long.
They started by introduced themselves and then a brief info about them. Nakai then asked how they address each other. And then the types of food they want to eat. Meat for Hiro, dessert for Nana and vegetable for Takeru
Nakai then joked that they must have discussed ahead of time about the menu.
Hiro explained about their relationship in Mei-chan and as of the day this episode aired, they do not know the outcome of the relationship. They then each tell their impression of each other and Takeru said that Hiro is perfect, he has no weakness. Nana said that Hiro is very smart which surprised him and Nakai then said it great to have a girl said you smart. Hiro then said that it gave you no chance for love (I guess to date that person), Nana then explained that Hiro can be very goofy too, and he is really good at making funny faces in which Nakai said it’s a little hard to believe and said that they should do a segment of Hiro making funny faces, Hiro objected as it will ruined the mood of Bristo (???) ( I actually do not mind seeing this)

Hiro impression of Nana was that she’s a straightforward person, a person that doesn’t lie. As for Takeru, because of orange hair, he did not give Hiro a very good impression of him but after they get to know each other, Hiro said that Takeru is very cute. Takeru is a very easy-going person (I could be wrong in this part), unselfish that why people get along with him easily. Nana also said that Takeru is cute too. Takeru said that Nana love to smile.

Hiro met Kimura and he explained that he loved Kimura in Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi. Nakai then mentioned about the possibility that may be Hiro could be filming a series with Kimura in the near future. (I actually hear some good news from a blogger in Japan but have not seen the announcement in the translated news site yet. So I'm not going to say anything to give people fault hope). Nakai then make fun of Takeru that he has a very slim chance and Takeru said that he’ll work harder. Shingo then asked Nana about her dolphin plush toy he saw in the news or something. Nana then said that due to the long drive to filming, she used it as a cushion. Nakai then said that his bed is full of the dolphins and other plush toys. :roll

Goro called both Hiro and Takeru “senpai” because they were Kamen Rider before him and Takeru explained that it was a very long distance travel for him during filming of Kamen Rider. At this point Shingo asked where Takeru live and as it turn out they live very near, which surprised Takeru a little bit.

There’s nothing much conversation during the food tasting. Since Hiro is basically focused on eating, so the members of Smap talked to Takeru that Tsuyoshi accidentally called him Wateru instead of Takeru. :lol Hiro made 2 comments here during Kimura and Shingo team that caused Kimura to say that it’s the first for them to hear such frank comment. One was Hiro told Takeru that he finished all of food and he’s full eventhough they still have dessert to taste. And the other one is he’s very satisfied after he ate the strawberry. :lol Hiro would love to eat the food again tomorrow when Goro said that if they like they can take some of the food home during the Goro and Tsuyoshi food tasting.
I hope everyone enjoy reading this.
where can i watch this?

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Apr 3rd, '09, 09:45

@Jazzl

You can download it, I think the torrent is still there...
I'm pretty sure I saw some SMAPxSMAP episode on youtube
You can try it there first ^^

totaldrama

Fanfiction on Mei-chan no Shitsuji

Post by totaldrama » Apr 3rd, '09, 20:54

Hi everyone! I'm new here, but I absolutely LOVE the drama Mei-chan No Shitsuji!!! I've been looking for it everywhere, but can't find any, but don't you guys think there should be some Me--chan no Shitsuji fanfiction??? I looked on google for like forever, and couldn't find any... I just love the pairing of Rihito and Mei soooo much!! ^^ Fanfiction.net doesn't even have any on this show! I was sooo mad!!

The drama also ended with like, a cliff-hanger with their relationship, so I thought I could satisfy myself with some fanfics between the two until the special came out (that is, if it does--which I'm dying for!!!!!!). I've read some of the manga too... but I like the drama version better since the story is pretty much twisted than the manga.

If there were people who could write fanfics with Mei and Rihito as the main pair (using the drama version story), I would be in heaven!! :) Actually, I would write one too, but I really would like to read everyone else's fanfics too..

On a happier note, this drama was awesome!!! I'm totally in love with all the characters--especially the new bond between Rihito and Mei!! Guess you found out I'm an ardent fan, huh? lol...

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 3rd, '09, 22:51

not sure about fanfiction of mei x rihito but i think some of us crazy mei-chan drama fans were so obsessed with it that let our imagination run wild and started writing some sort what happened beyond this drama.
you can check the earlier posts, would start from begining if i were you. you might find it fun to read. personally, i really enjoyed everyone's views about it :cheers:

sanjelly

Post by sanjelly » Apr 5th, '09, 00:57

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but, I think Oguri Shun would play a better role as Mei-chan's butler than Hiro Mizushima. Don't get me wrong, Hiro Mizushima is great too, but as Mei-Chan's butler, 'Rihito' always does those sweet smiles, and Shun has like THE sweeeeeeetest smiles ever, and yeah, all that :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 5th, '09, 09:57

sanjelly wrote:I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but, I think Oguri Shun would play a better role as Mei-chan's butler than Hiro Mizushima. Don't get me wrong, Hiro Mizushima is great too, but as Mei-Chan's butler, 'Rihito' always does those sweet smiles, and Shun has like THE sweeeeeeetest smiles ever, and yeah, all that :P
whenever i watch a drama, can't help not to think of anyother actor/actress that can do the role instead of actual person in the drama. but, when i was watching mei-chan, no other person came to my mind thinking who make a better Rihito. i thought the choice of Hiro was great because he has that classy and high upbringing aura around him.
i even can't think of anyone that can make a better kento than takeru sato, or better mei and ... i thought every character cast was greatly picked

if we only talking on the basis of smiles, i think we can find so many good looking actors with great smiles. but can they make a better rihito just for that reason?
i love shun and watch everything he does, but in this case i totally can't imagine him as rihito.
i guess, an idol fan can't stop wishing their idol to be in every drama that is out there. :P

hEnNyZz

Post by hEnNyZz » Apr 5th, '09, 10:13

gamblewithd3sire

Post by gamblewithd3sire » Apr 7th, '09, 03:12

Issy wrote:
sanjelly wrote:I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but, I think Oguri Shun would play a better role as Mei-chan's butler than Hiro Mizushima. Don't get me wrong, Hiro Mizushima is great too, but as Mei-Chan's butler, 'Rihito' always does those sweet smiles, and Shun has like THE sweeeeeeetest smiles ever, and yeah, all that :P
whenever i watch a drama, can't help not to think of anyother actor/actress that can do the role instead of actual person in the drama. but, when i was watching mei-chan, no other person came to my mind thinking who make a better Rihito. i thought the choice of Hiro was great because he has that classy and high upbringing aura around him.
i even can't think of anyone that can make a better kento than takeru sato, or better mei and ... i thought every character cast was greatly picked

if we only talking on the basis of smiles, i think we can find so many good looking actors with great smiles. but can they make a better rihito just for that reason?
i love shun and watch everything he does, but in this case i totally can't imagine him as rihito.
i guess, an idol fan can't stop wishing their idol to be in every drama that is out there. :P
HAHAHA i agree
i think you're just a little biased. it's okay, i understand!

gamblewithd3sire

Post by gamblewithd3sire » Apr 7th, '09, 03:17

omg i finally saw the ending. i was like, CRYING. well not really. i just didn't like how he
kissed her with such emotion
and she
just kinda had a blank face
then i was peeing in my pants when her friends came in haha

shera_kimhyokyo

Post by shera_kimhyokyo » Apr 7th, '09, 18:11

i like this drama too..
but how unfortunate me..
i just know that hiro has married with ayaka (the one that sings okaeri in absolute bf) on 22nd Feb...
omy..
so sad but it's his life..
:cry:
Attachments
what can i do.. he's dang hot 0,
what can i do.. he's dang hot 0,
hiro mizushima 1.jpg (10.19 KiB) Viewed 3906 times

Erisadesu

Post by Erisadesu » Apr 9th, '09, 09:57

they are geting married really young aren't they?
or is it my idea?
I mean early 20s?
if i was a rich japanese and above all famous
i wouldn't even bother geting maried
:)

anyway as u sais it is his life :)
best wishes to them.

shera_kimhyokyo

Post by shera_kimhyokyo » Apr 9th, '09, 10:18

well..
i agree with ur opinion..
plus, i think their relationship really a fast pace one cuz they're getting married only after dating for 4 months....
i really envy ayaka..
huuuuuuuuuuu :cry:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 11th, '09, 05:44

They've been dating longer than 4 months I think. They were just uncovered 4 months ago. They started seeing each other since the nagazine interview for Zettai Kareshi. From Shun's interview clip with Ayaka. She seems like a nice down to earth girl. Hiro made a good choice. She's very talented too. I kinda guessed they would get married but I didn't know so soon :O

angelitzme

Post by angelitzme » Apr 11th, '09, 10:16

seirin wrote:They've been dating longer than 4 months I think. They were just uncovered 4 months ago. They started seeing each other since the nagazine interview for Zettai Kareshi. From Shun's interview clip with Ayaka. She seems like a nice down to earth girl. Hiro made a good choice. She's very talented too. I kinda guessed they would get married but I didn't know so soon :O
yes, that's what i read too, they've been seeing each other since last spring/early summer. even if it might sounds quick for some people, as long as they love each other... !!!

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 11th, '09, 12:51

seirin wrote:They've been dating longer than 4 months I think. They were just uncovered 4 months ago. They started seeing each other since the nagazine interview for Zettai Kareshi. From Shun's interview clip with Ayaka. She seems like a nice down to earth girl. Hiro made a good choice. She's very talented too. I kinda guessed they would get married but I didn't know so soon :O
yes, they are from same agency. Hiro saw ayaka in her debute concert 3 years ago and they started seriously dating from ZK time and that interview. i really LOVE this two as a couple. so cute together.