[Discussion] Tenchijin 48th taiga drama

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
The_Red_Platypus

[Discussion] Tenchijin 48th taiga drama

Post by The_Red_Platypus » Jan 3rd, '09, 17:38

Title: 天地人 tenchijin

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tenchijin

Starts airing tomorrow! This is my first thread hope I did it alright. I searched and couldn't find one on this drama so I figured I would start one. I am a big fan of Taiga dramas and can't wait to watch this one. Anyone know if there is a group that will sub it or will we have to wait till it is distributed on JapanTV for English subs.

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Jan 4th, '09, 09:50

I am looking forward to the fist episode tonight....
Such a nice cast^^

I hope to be able to understand it without subs, still it would be nice to have someone subbing it...

nogo

Post by nogo » Jan 4th, '09, 21:11

there are times i like samurai stuff.. and sometimes i dont..
no idea why it's like that
but i will watch it as soon as its available here (with subs)
won't miss something kichise michiko is in :whistling:

groink

Post by groink » Jan 4th, '09, 22:00

Before this topic becomes a 100-percent subtitle wishing topic...

D-Addicts has all the latest taiga dramas covered - and WITH English subtitles. Techijin will be no different. So please stop these kinds of postings.

--- groink

nogo

Post by nogo » Jan 4th, '09, 22:34

groink wrote:Before this topic becomes a 100-percent subtitle wishing topic...

D-Addicts has all the latest taiga dramas covered - and WITH English subtitles. Techijin will be no different. So please stop these kinds of postings.

--- groink
seems like you got me wrong
i didnt ask for subtitles..
sorry that i wrote that i will watch it when it's possible for me to understand what they are saying. and that i'm interested in the show... (at least that's what i wanted to say in a different way)
wont write anything anymore anywhere
besides "thanks for sharing" and so on

---offtopic-end---

ajb_advance

Post by ajb_advance » Jan 4th, '09, 22:54

groink wrote:Before this topic becomes a 100-percent subtitle wishing topic...
--- groink
My wishing would be soft subs which I don't believe we usually have (correct me if I'm wrong) - which means choosing between high quality and no subs or lower with.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jan 8th, '09, 02:17

ajb_advance wrote: My wishing would be soft subs which I don't believe we usually have (correct me if I'm wrong) - which means choosing between high quality and no subs or lower with.
Not necessarily.
Since the US is finally making the digital conversion, it is possible that the new season will be broadcast with subtitles in HD as opposed to the analog sources we've been limited with in the past. But I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jan 9th, '09, 01:12

From Yomiuri Daily

TELEVIEWS / Little child leads all-star cast in period drama; 'Kohaku' was unusually good
Wm. Penn

The samurai Naoe Kanetsugu (1560-1619), a senior retainer to the Uesugi clan who won the respect of Toyotomi Hideyoshi and Tokugawa Ieyasu for his clever military and political strategies, is the focus of this year's NHK historical drama Tenchijin (Sundays, 8 p.m.).

Satoshi Tsumabuki plays the famous man as an adult, but it was little Seishiro Kato who stole the show Jan. 4. That is quite a feat, considering the cast is jam-packed with dozens of Japan's top stars.

Yet I could not even find Kato's name in the elaborate character diagram that NHK has provided (www9.nhk.or.jp/taiga/cast/ index.html) to guide us through this yearlong odyssey. I had to track him down among the almost 300 child actors listed in the TV Star Meikan 2009 directory.

The story begins in 1564 with the charming little Kato playing the spunky 5-year-old Yoroku (later to become Kanetsugu). He is forced to leave home at this young age to become the servant and companion of Kiheiji (later Uesugi Kagekatsu) since Kiheiji's widowed mother Sentoin (Reiko Takashima) believes the two boys' fates are intertwined by destiny. Kiheiji is also destined to become the adopted son of Sentoin's brother Uesugi Terutora (later known as Uesugi Kenshin), a role played skillfully by Hiroshi Abe.

As historical epics go, the Eriko Komatsu script for Episode 1 was relatively easy to follow despite everyone having two names--but do bookmark that diagram. You will definitely need a road map to guide you as the story progresses to include Oda Nobunaga (Koji Kikkawa), Hideyoshi's lieutenant Ishida Mitsunari (Shun Oguri) and Kanetsugu's love interests Osen (Takako Tokiwa) and Hatsune (Masami Nagasawa). This one just might top popular period drama Atsuhime. Definitely worth a glance, and there's still time to catch a glimpse of Kato as the young Kanetsugu in Episode 2.

core2quadcore

Post by core2quadcore » Jan 9th, '09, 01:30

I've watched the 1st episode, kinda like it since I'm on to samurai and ninja stuffs plus masami nagasawa, fukada kyoko and the guy from binbo taro is in this drama too :lol

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Jan 9th, '09, 03:55

mizune wrote: Since the US is finally making the digital conversion, it is possible that the new season will be broadcast with subtitles in HD as opposed to the analog sources we've been limited with in the past. But I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.
Don't think it's going happen here in Los Angeles. The two foreign language channels here are using their digital spectrum to offer more sub-channels in SD. I wish they do what the PBS stations down here are doing, which have the main channel in HD and the sub-channels in SD. For now both have been putting their HD programs in lettebox in SD broadcast. :x

Of course, the sub-channels are 24 hours Chinese(2 Mandarin and 1 Cantonese), 2 Korean, and 1 Vietnamese of programmings. And coming in Feb, a 24 hours Japanese sub-channel. :cheers:

groink

Post by groink » Jan 9th, '09, 04:47

XrayMind wrote:
mizune wrote: Since the US is finally making the digital conversion, it is possible that the new season will be broadcast with subtitles in HD as opposed to the analog sources we've been limited with in the past. But I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.
Don't think it's going happen here in Los Angeles.:
Neither will it happen in Hawaii. KIKU does transmit DTV, which BTW is much MUCH cleaner of a signal than Time-Warner's digital channel 89. I've been recording KIKU off DTV since March 2008, by using a digital-to-analog converter box on the DVR. And unfortunately the signal coming in continues to be SD.

As XrayMind mentioned, LA and I assume KTSF will also receive SD. The reason being is that TV JAPAN itself hasn't started transmitting NHK shows with English subtitles in wide-screen format. Whatever TV JAPAN receives, that's what all the licensees will receive.

In all, it is wonderful and all to watch Japanese dramas in crisp and clear wide-screen format. But please do not let the lack of this quality from stopping you from watching taiga dramas.

--- groink

pazustep

Post by pazustep » Jan 9th, '09, 17:49

Watched the first episode, and looks like this is going to be great. Understand this pseudo-archaic Japanese is hard, but oh well. I need to work on my japanese anyway :)

Ginto-gin

Post by Ginto-gin » Jan 9th, '09, 20:24

groink wrote:As XrayMind mentioned, LA and I assume KTSF will also receive SD. The reason being is that TV JAPAN itself hasn't started transmitting NHK shows with English subtitles in wide-screen format. Whatever TV JAPAN receives, that's what all the licensees will receive.
Thanks for the info, groink. Our good o'l KTSF lags behind in many other respects, not the least of which is a dependable guide to airing or upcoming shows and dramas. Thank goodness for D-A!!

Peggy

taiga

Post by Peggy » Jan 9th, '09, 20:43

I have watched part of the first episode and it looks great. I will watch it with or without subs despite not really speaking Japanese. There is so much to enjoy and wonder at with Japanese taigas.

Looking forward to all episodes.

Peggy

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Jan 14th, '09, 03:35

Hmm.. So, are there going to be subs? :D So far the ones that are found on d-addicts are raws.. Well, I've never downloaded Taiga series before so I have no idea about this. And I live outside the US, where the NHK shows this dorama without subs. >.<

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jan 14th, '09, 04:43

Hardsubbed version won't be available until after the series begins broadcast in the US, which is (not surprisingly) a few weeks behind the Japanese.

We're still finishing up Atsuhime, and I'm guessing it probably won't be until sometime in Feb before Tenchijin begins to air.

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Jan 15th, '09, 03:38

Oh okay then.. Got it. ;)

epk

Post by epk » Jan 26th, '09, 05:23

Tenchijin will air with subtitles on LA18 starting the 7th of February, 2009 on Saturdays!

groink

Post by groink » Jan 26th, '09, 08:17

epk wrote:Tenchijin will air with subtitles on LA18 starting the 7th of February, 2009 on Saturdays!
Cool! That means KIKU in Hawaii will be only one episode behind. Episode 1 here starts Tuesday, February 10, and a replay the following Sunday.

--- groink

Ginto-gin

Post by Ginto-gin » Feb 1st, '09, 10:52

SF Bay Area folks! Tenchijin will air with English subtitles on KTSF beginning 7th February 2009.

machao13

Post by machao13 » Feb 7th, '09, 15:13

i saw on LA18 program guide and it's still atsu-hime today........

epk

Post by epk » Feb 7th, '09, 16:31

machao13 wrote:i saw on LA18 program guide and it's still atsu-hime today........
That's true. I just checked TV Guide and it says Atsuhime tonight still. But I saw the final episode last weekend. And there was a commercial saying that Tenchijin will air 2/7. So I guess we'll have to just see...

laifalove

Post by laifalove » Feb 7th, '09, 22:48

epk wrote:
machao13 wrote:i saw on LA18 program guide and it's still atsu-hime today........
That's true. I just checked TV Guide and it says Atsuhime tonight still. But I saw the final episode last weekend. And there was a commercial saying that Tenchijin will air 2/7. So I guess we'll have to just see...
What time is it supposed to air on LA18? The TV listings I use aren't really accurate... Thanks!

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Feb 8th, '09, 05:24

laifalove wrote: What time is it supposed to air on LA18? The TV listings I use aren't really accurate... Thanks!
NHK drama has always shown at 9PM Saturday. So I am watching it right now.

FYI, it being broadcast in SD with letterbox. IHMO, quality is not that great for digital broadcast.

PS, next week, 2/17, UTB will be start to broadcast on their own digital sub-channel. They are bring back asadora morning drama and dochi cooking. I know dochi cooking are reruns, but I didn't record all of them on their first broadcast. As for the asadora, I will have to figure out if it's a rerun or a brand new series.
Last edited by XrayMind on Feb 8th, '09, 08:14, edited 1 time in total.

epk

Post by epk » Feb 8th, '09, 06:06

Just watched Tenchijin. They sure edit out a lot and have a lot of commercials because it felt like I saw only 30 minutes of it.

XrayMind: Thanks for the info. I used to watch Dotchi all the time. It always made me hungry. Glad to see I can see some reruns again.

Ginto-gin

Post by Ginto-gin » Feb 8th, '09, 08:20

The quality of tonight's first episode on aired on KTSF was pretty poor. There was a double vision effect going on.

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Feb 8th, '09, 08:21

The total running time for ep1 is over an hour long, UTB has always split long episodes into 2 parts. So, part 2 will be next week.

PS, I found out the asadora that they will be running is Dondo Bare.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Dondo_Bare

epk

Post by epk » Feb 8th, '09, 20:27

XrayMind wrote:The total running time for ep1 is over an hour long, UTB has always split long episodes into 2 parts. So, part 2 will be next week.

PS, I found out the asadora that they will be running is Dondo Bare.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Dondo_Bare
Ahh, okay. That's good to know.

maxman41

Post by maxman41 » Feb 11th, '09, 05:53

Which episodes have kyoko fukada?

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » Feb 11th, '09, 06:25

Kyoko hasn't appeared on the show yet - as far as I can tell her role isn't too big.

groink

Post by groink » Feb 11th, '09, 07:01

KIKU in Hawaii aired the entire episode 1 tonight (1.5 hours with CMs.) I think this is the first time in TV history that Hawaii is ahead of California (I'll see ep2 before CA does.)

I don't know about the California broadcast, but the English subtitles in the Hawaii broadcast is totally different from Atsu-hime and all others before it. Previously, MTI subtitled the episodes with yellow, huge fonts. In episode 1 of Tenchijin, the font is smaller, white, and the timing is virtually fansub-like. I'll have to research whether it is still MTI, or maybe someone else subbed it (the font and timing styles are virtually identical to Habang Kapiling Ka, a Filipino drama I also watch, so I'm wondering if the two shows use the same subbing company.) Also, KIKU showed the wide-screen version, although it was delivered in the letterboxed 4:3 format with mattes on the top and bottom. And last, with the DTV signal, the video is very clean.

--- groink

EDIT - The translations are still made by MTI.

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Feb 11th, '09, 22:19

ok, I am visiting family in San Fransisco this week. I have my laptop with a USB HDTV tuner and did a quick check on the bitrate that KTSF is broadcasting with. It has 2 digital sub-channels. Both the main and MBC-D channels are being broadcast at 15Mbps each.

KSCI in Los Angeles is broadcasting it's main channel at 12Mbps. The reason for this, they are splitting their spectrum allocation into, I think, 8 sub-channels with another one coming online this coming Tuesday.

For the quality of actual broadcast of Tenchijin on KSCI. To my eyes, it look bad. At the lower datarate, I see much more macroblocking on transitions between scenes. Also for some reason, Japanese dramas broadcast on KSCI are always too dark. Both brigthness and contrast are always too low.

As Ginto-gin has mention, KTSF somehow screw up on the broadcast on the part 1 of the 1st episode and was getting double vision. I am not sure if this is same problem I saw on KNBC's broadcast of Chuck last week. I though my TV went bad, when the lumina and chroma weren't align together. But since my TV is LCD and not a CRT with magnets to control the color alignment, I know it was a broadcast problem. Also, other channels were fine.

Here what my capture of part 1 of ep1 looks from KSCI. It look better than it should, because jack up the brightness and contrast like crazy. I think give it too much brightness from looks of it. I also took out the top and bottom black bars and resize it to wide screen 704x396. I think all 3 broadcasts came from the same source with Hawaii having the best broadcast quality.

Ginto-gin

Post by Ginto-gin » Feb 12th, '09, 07:06

XrayMind wrote:As Ginto-gin has mention, KTSF somehow screw up on the broadcast on the part 1 of the 1st episode and was getting double vision. I am not sure if this is same problem I saw on KNBC's broadcast of Chuck last week. I though my TV went bad, when the lumina and chroma weren't align together. But since my TV is LCD and not a CRT with magnets to control the color alignment, I know it was a broadcast problem. Also, other channels were fine.
Hey XrayMind, thanks for explaining all that. I like what you did with your TV caps. Even if it's a bit washed-out, there's no "double-vision" and the subs are easier on the eyes. KTSF's broadcast of Jdramas is not consistent at all. While the quality of Atsu-hime was decent, Kaze no Garden's (no subs) quality was even worse than Tenchijin's. My TV is an HD plasma and I had to get very close to it to make sure it wasn't my vision that was going bad :blink

P.S. I also thought there was a problem with last week's episode of "Chuck". Then someone explained to me that it was a 3D episode. Where are those darn 3D glasses when you need them! LOL!

naughty11

Post by naughty11 » Feb 15th, '09, 15:15

Does someone post this drama with English sub? Maybe the subtitle's quanlity is not good, but better than nothing. I really want to watch this drama but only Japanese, I can't understand!!! Please! Thank you very much

laifalove

Post by laifalove » Feb 16th, '09, 07:00

As far as I know, the first episode JUST finished airing last night (at least it did in the Southern CA area), so I don't think hardsubs'll be up for a few more days...

Is there any possible way to stream the show on my laptop? I've heard of people watching TV shows as they air on their laptop, but I'm a bit clueless as to how it works and stuff. I'm not going to be able to watch Tenchijin the next couple of weeks and I can't record it either. -_-" It sucks to live in a shared apartment sometimes.

The child is so adorable though, I hope he's in the next few episodes.

groink

Post by groink » Feb 16th, '09, 09:44

laifalove wrote:Is there any possible way to stream the show on my laptop?
Let me quickly point out one solution, seeing this is off-topic... Pinnacle PCTV HD Ultimate Stick is a great product for laptops. Captures both NTSC and ATSC. The only limitation to this device (as well as any other capture card product) is the antenna; it is best to use an external amplified antenna.
naughty11 wrote:Does someone post this drama with English sub?
Most of us who have uploaded taiga dramas in past years have been screwed by some people who don't obey our conditions. I definitely won't be uploading my captures. Others who have uploaded taiga dramas in real-time include amrayu and ap. I very much doubt SARS would be uploading TV captures. It is up to ap, but his policy regarding uploading his caps to streaming sites have also been totally ignored. This topic will not become a debate about streaming or ap and I breaking copyright laws. If anyone wants to debate this issue like it is going to change our minds anytime soon, use the following topic:

Streaming site with fansubbed work without permission
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_66651.htm

--- groink

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Feb 19th, '09, 04:47

Ok, I got a chance to check both my recordings of part 2 of episode 1from KTSF and KSCI. Hmm, KTSF's digital broadcast of the video is also dark. I also see drop on the video. I don't mean digital drop out. It looks their broadcast source is from a Betacam tape and they haven't clean the video heads of the VTR for awhile kind of dropout. While I don't see any that kind of drop out on KSCI's digital broadcast at all. The only problem with KSCI's broadcast is that they didn't broadcast the travelogue at the of episode, while KTSF did.

While I complain about the quality of the digital broadcast. Everything is relative. Because they use a better font set and while using letterbox, this has been best quality of the NHK taiga dramas that be broadcast so far. Man I am so tempted toput it up. But I know that I will so pissed when dramacrazy.net put their f*cking logo on my capture. That feeling just cancel out any of the temptation.

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Feb 21st, '09, 11:21

so sorry... but i have to say, i super duper ultra cannot stand tsumabuki's character anymore in the show.... and it is only epi 7...

argh!!!

WalkingToaster

Post by WalkingToaster » Feb 21st, '09, 16:55

groink wrote:
But please do not let the lack of this quality from stopping you from watching taiga dramas.

--- groink
I have watched Nobunaga in a really bad quality and had fun all the time. For me in germany, where I have no source of japanese programming at all it's simply "Friss oder stirb" (eat or die).
I still hope to be able to DL Tenchijin with subs anytime here. But to be honest, I wouldn't upload those episodes if there is the danger of legal issues. It's simply not worth it.

zettaiKaren

Post by zettaiKaren » Feb 21st, '09, 20:25

totemokakkoii wrote:so sorry... but i have to say, i super duper ultra cannot stand tsumabuki's character anymore in the show.... and it is only epi 7...

argh!!!
woohoo I'm glad I'm not alone on this...it's really hard for me to care for his character unless he undergoes some kind of metamorphosis or wholesale personality change...but then that wouldn't be very realistic...

deeplove

Post by deeplove » Feb 22nd, '09, 21:12

I can't wait for this. Haven't seen tsumabuki in a while.. and abe too in the same drama. WAHHH I'm excited!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 22nd, '09, 21:40

I like this taiga very much so far. the young boy playing the five year old is so sharp with his different moves and expressions. I wonder how old he is really.

Just now coming to the adult stages and at last I am going to see more of my favourite Kazuki Kitamura. I love this actor. He is so competent in any role. Not afraid to be evil or heroic and does it all with that beautiful face.

This is a new slant on Useugi. Abe looks fiercer than Gackt did when he played this character.

All that snow last night made me feel so cold. Must have done this up north.

Peggy

epk

Post by epk » Mar 1st, '09, 07:52

Anyone from the Los Angeles area know what time they changed Tenchijin to? I saw a message during last week's episode saying this week's episode would air at 1:30 PM. Did anyone see it air around that time? I forgot, so I waited till 9 as usual and saw some random Korean program. :-(

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Mar 1st, '09, 18:37

epk wrote:Anyone from the Los Angeles area know what time they changed Tenchijin to? I saw a message during last week's episode saying this week's episode would air at 1:30 PM. Did anyone see it air around that time? I forgot, so I waited till 9 as usual and saw some random Korean program. :-(
Tenchijin is starts at 1:30PM Saturday on analog 18 and digital 18.1. It was rebroadcast at 9PM on digital 18.2.

It will be the same for the Rookies on Sunday.

SBS has taken over the prime time slots on analog 18 and digital 18.1. Monday thru Thursay, it has Terroir, Friday has Celebrity Lover, and weekend has Lure of Wife(Temptation of Wife). All with English subs.

The MBC dramas have move over to digital 18.3.

UTB had started their test broadcast on digital 18.2. On April 1, they will start with their regular broadcast with NHK morning drama, Dondo Bare, at 7AM. Evening start at 8PM with the anime Suzumiya Haruhi, then it will rotate Monday thru Friday with dramas and cooking shows at 9PM.

PS, Come June 12, no more analog 18 anyway. Couple of the cable providers in LA are now adding 18.2 and 18.3 to their systems. But I have clear line of sight with the broadcast towers on Mt. Wilson. :D

epk

Post by epk » Mar 1st, '09, 21:32

XrayMind wrote:
epk wrote:Anyone from the Los Angeles area know what time they changed Tenchijin to? I saw a message during last week's episode saying this week's episode would air at 1:30 PM. Did anyone see it air around that time? I forgot, so I waited till 9 as usual and saw some random Korean program. :-(
Tenchijin is starts at 1:30PM Saturday on analog 18 and digital 18.1. It was rebroadcast at 9PM on digital 18.2.
I figured it aired at 1:30. ROOKIES is airing right now. Thanks XrayMind. I guess I have to hook up the converter box in June to get my weekend Japanese taiga/drama fix. I don't think my cable company is adding 18.2 and 18.3.

SuiginChou

Post by SuiginChou » Mar 12th, '09, 22:22

Coming fresh off of Yoshitsune, I have to confess that I was really quite disappointed by the first episode of Tenchijin.

Complaint #1: the humor
The program felt inappropriately comical, as though I were watching Nodame Cantabile or Densha Otoko except set in the 16th Century instead of the 21st. I confess that I am not familiar with the real-life Naoe Kanetsugu, but I thought his character (in the opening scene to the episode) sounded more like a modern-day youth than many other actors and actresses have done in dramas set during the mid-19th to mid-20th centuries. He was very aloof and foolish, not at all the image of a samurai so revered that even Hideyoshi felt he had to have him as one of his vassals.

But worst of all was Hideyoshi! Oh my: to think that they would take the concept of Japan's famous "saru"-turned-kanpaku and exaggerate it to the extremes they did! From the way he talked to the way in which he walked and swung that sword about, Hideyoshi seemed like a pompous buffoon. And while that may be what the show wants viewers to see him as, it was just way, WAY too over the top! @_@ I mean, it's not even possible for me to ask my imagination to just accept that maybe the island-nation of Japan really would unite behind this man 100% and would even partake in his overseas war against the Koreans and Chinese. Must Hideyoshi be presented as being foolish enough to think he could some day conquer all of Ming China? Yes. But to portray him as a rambunctious 5-year old in a 40-year old's body is just taking the "saru" moniker a little too far, don't you think!?

Complaint #2: the dialogue
My second big complaint with the first episode was how about 30-40% of the actors and actresses spoke very melodramatically, as though we were watching The Producers or some other Vaudevillian stage show and not a serious period drama! Maybe I've gone into this with the wrong expectations, but I was expecting a mature period drama for a mature audience interested in the most exciting stories of Japanese history. Specific examples include Yoroku's father, the monk-teacher, and Momo's father. They act more like clowns than samurai.

Complaint #3: Why Naoe?
This is my smallest complaint, but to fans of the series it's probably the most convincing of the reasons I've listed for why I am unhappy with the program and should probably move on to something else: and that's my disappointment with the NHK's selection of such a minor character from the Sengoku period of Japanese history. I mean, seriously!! We're not following Uesugi Kenshin? nor Oda Nobunaga? nor Toyotomi Hideyoshi? nor Takeda Shingen? nor Tokugawa Ieyasu? I just listed five men -- five! -- who helped to shape what Japan would be like in the 17th Century, and yet each of them is relegated to the status of supporting characters. The main character is the vassal ... to Uesugi Kenshin......'s adopted son!? What!? I mean, talk about disappointing! I realize that the NHK has a long history of dramas featuring these men and that it would be boring to make yet another show about the life and death of Oda Nobunaga, but in that case why does NHK force themselves to do another Sengoku period drama in the first place? Why not wait 10 or 15 years before putting one on again, and when the time is right going ahead with the newest incarnation of a drama focusing on Nobunaga or any of the other leaders? It's not like there aren't other fascinating events in Japan's history which the NHK could explore. The best way I know how to put it is, a show where Naoe Kanetsugu is the main character is to 16th-century Japan what a show about Ise Saburo as the main character might be to 12th-century Japan. Maybe I am 100% wrong. Like I said, I'd never heard of Naoe before this show, and maybe that's because of my own ignorance. Clue me in if that's the case: I'd rather be corrected than remain ignorant.

In the end:
I'll watch the second episode before I drop Tenchijin, but judging from the fairly consistent ratings for the first ten episodes, I'm guessing that this show is for a specific audience and I'm just not in it. :(

groink

Post by groink » Mar 13th, '09, 16:31

SuiginChou wrote:Coming fresh off of Yoshitsune, I have to confess that I was really quite disappointed by the first episode of Tenchijin.
Curious... There must be a reason why you brought up Yoshitsune in your first sentence. I assume you're using this as a baseline.

Bad BAD idea! Yoshitsune was one of the WORST taiga dramas made (not based on ratings, but based on over 40 years of taiga.) The way NHK wrote and filmed this drama, they must've been eating Lucky Charms cereal at the time. I'm surprised that marshmallow blue diamonds and green clovers didn't fly out of Yoshitsune's butt!

Yoshitsune was an NHK experiment with the hypothesis "What would happen if we turned a taiga dramas into an all-out idol drama?" Answer: young people don't like receiving a historical course outside of school - no matter who's starring in it. But unfortunately, NHK took what could've been a great story into a bubble-gum, poppy sensation.

--- groink

SuiginChou

Post by SuiginChou » Mar 13th, '09, 17:59

I couldn't disagree with you more. (See this post for more details.)

You say Yoshitsune was bubblegum pop. I say that Tenchijin feels like bubblegum pop whereas Yoshitsune felt like Karei Naru Ichizoku: a serious period drama with serious music, serious acting, and serious cinematography. Because you confessed in the Yoshitsune thread to abandoning the show after the first episode, I'll try to focus on providing examples of where and when Tenchijin was childish and poppy.
Episode 01:
0:00:18 to 0:01:18, the music that's playing in the background is way too happy for a serious scene like this. The narrator doesn't sound nearly as mature as Otoku did in Yoshitsune. He sounds like a narrator for a Japanese game show or morning tv show.
0:02:44 to 0:03:56, the performances of both actors are much too goofy. Naoe's actor is smiling the entire time he tells this solemn refusal of Hideyoshi's offer, and Hideyoshi's actor is way too over-the-top. (like how he screams at 00:03:13)
0:05:14 to 0:05:50, again Naoe is just too aloof, too goofy. I don't see him as Naoe the samurai: I see him as a poor actor doing a poor job of bringing Naoe to life. 0:05:42 is a great example of this.
fast forward to 0:26:38, the main theme song for Tenchijin is waaaay too happy and upbeat for serious scenes like this one! It makes Uesugi Kenshin feel like more of a Ninja Turtle than it does a Dark Knight. It really is like children's Saturday morning cartoon theme music, now that I think about it... sigh. The music in Yoshitsune was much more eloquent, the sort of music that was befitting of Heian-kyo, Kamakura, and the Japanese countryside and seaside. Actually, you know what this song reminds me of now that I think about it? Super Mario Galaxy! The main theme song to Tenchijin sounds eerily like something from the Super Mario Galaxy soundtrack. That's just ... well, I think that's all the proof anyone should need that Tenchijin is much less serious in tone than Yoshitsune was.

Episode 02:
0:00:01 to 0:35:12 - I loved this episode up until this point! This is exactly what I was hoping a taiga drama would prove to be. This had none of the camp and brassy fanfare of episode 1 and instead portrayed a really touching evolution between the future Naoe Kanetsugu and his lord. Both boys acted so admirably! Bravo!
0:35:13 onward - and then the episode returned to its Episode 1 style. Just look at the dopey grin on Kanetsugu's face at 0:35:33! He looks like he's giggling from too much Valium!
0:38:36 to 0:39:33 specifically = the worst scene in any J-drama I've ever seen. Why? Because the music was incredibly inappropriate. It completely deflated any tension and gave away that both men would escape unharmed. Why? Because it was too cloy! Too happy! Too silly! It was like the music you hear in Raiders of the Lost Ark when the South American Indian tribe chases Indiana back to his airplane on the lake. When the background music in a scene is this happy, the audience has been Pavlovianally trained to recognize that none of the good guys are going to be seriously injured. So, when Naoe's friend got stuck to the log because of the enemy's arrow, I wasn't worried at all. I knew they'd both escape unharmed. No one would be captured. No one would die. Zero tension. In Yoshitsune, on the other hand, if you didn't already know the fates of particular characters, the show was produced in such a manner that you never knew when a character's fight might be his last. If you didn't know your Japanese history, then you would not have known the outcomes of the battles of Ichi-no-Tani, Yashima, or Dan-no-Ura until they unfolded before you in real time.

Granted, you didn't watch Yoshitsune, so it'll be hard to contrast the two programs and to show you how Yoshitsune was anything but bubblegum pop, but in case you still happen to have it handy (and since you clearly don't plan on ever watching it anyway), might I recommend some brief and early scenes for comparison's sake?
Episode 9, 0:26:45 to 0:30:15 = Yoshitsune's manhood rite in Owari
Episode 12, 0:36:42 to 0:40:06 = Kiyomori calls out the Emperor's two-faced betrayal
Episode 17, 0:40:55 to 0:42:26 = Yoshitsune's parting with Shizuka

I can only imagine how campily that last scene would have been portrayed in Tenchijin. The main actor would probably been screwing up his face in a very fake expression of anguish while in the background we would have heard inappropriately loud, flashy music. Instead, Yoshtisune did an admirable job, proving that less really is more in many artistic situations, and this was one of them. Yoshitsune and Shizuka's actors both looked like they were really the real people having to say good-bye to their lovers, and the music was appropriate for such a scene as well. Even the narrator's words were well-chosen, talking about the central theme of mujou (無常, impermanence) which flows throughout the novel.

Oh well. All I can say is, I did like the first two-thirds of Tenchijin Episode 02, but seeing the end of Tenchijin Episode 02 has convinced me to drop the show and to look into another station's offerings.

Tenchijin times were with respect to Koala Fansubs' files. Yoshitsune times were with respect to KTSF's broadcast as distributed online by SARS Fansubs.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Mar 13th, '09, 18:29

I am almost afraid to put in a word or two here. Such great passion is admirable regarding any taiga but really Yoshitsune seemed to me to be an idol performance for that young singer/actor. For me it was an interessting drama but not in any way an historical marvel.

As for Tenchjin..I am truly enjoying this as a revealing story about what a vassal was, as close to real life as they could show us. Why could we expect adult behavior from such young children. Even after they seem to grow up and attain their positions they are still only just into their teen age. When the young 'man' was disappointed not to be sent into battle he was still only about thirteen years old. How can we expect maturity at all then. Uesugi did not allow him to go, just because he was still years too young.

Sons of lords would often be sent to a battle when they were still seven or eight but that was to show them from the background. what they would be facing as they got older. No vassal would be so exposed at such a young age.

I am enjoying Tenchijin and I have already the background about the great leaders because I have watched them in other taigas. I admire Nobunaga immensely but in the story of a vassal's life he is not the overpowering character here.
Watch the film 'Heaven and Earth to get some reall knowledge and then re watch Tenchijin with that as a background of history.

Not every aspect of history can be put into Taigas. Too much detail and really a splended store of wonderful historical people.Have to watch a lot of them to get a full picture.

Peggy

SuiginChou

Post by SuiginChou » Mar 13th, '09, 21:28

No, thank you very much. :) You raise a very good point about Naoe's true age. Indeed, I prefer it the opposite way (which is what they did in Yoshitsune), but I can put the shoe on the other foot and appreciate how it might irk people to see a 22-year old man playing a 13-year old boy but with the dialogue and demeanor of a 22-year old man. To you that's distracting; to me, the opposite is more distracting. Just different brain chemistry, I guess. :)

And even if I just kept reminding myself of your advice ("he's just 13, he's just 13, he's just 13"), I'd still have to stomach all of the other characters, too! Because Naoe's goofiness doesn't stop with him. :( I've already mentioned Yoroku's biological father and Hideyoshi, but another scene which shows the adults being particularly clownish is the scene in Episode 1 @ around the 30-minute mark. It's the one when the little girl (Osen) comes home with a rabbit she caught herself. She's a cute little girl and a tomboy too, so the romping background music is really appropriate in this scene, like adding salt to some stew. However, like adding too much salt to a stew, the manner in which the ladies of the house wailed and chased after Osen broke the 4th wall for me: I couldn't help but see them as actresses goofily playing flustered housemaids instead of staying within the fantasy of believing I am peeking through a window into a real-live 16th-century Japanese household. Oman's tone as she scolded Osen was one of amusement thinly veiled by her words. But never mind this: from 30:46 to 31:08, the behavior of the housemaid and of Oman is just un-be-liev-able for 16th-century women hosting the widow of the newly-deceased lord of Echizen. A, because she is in mourning, B because they are beneath her in social rank. It's little things like this that kill the illusion for me and remind me that I'm watching television.

I guess the other way to describe it is, in Yoshitsune, I felt like the topic of war was dealt with in a very appropriate (serious) manner, but in Tenchijin it's almost portrayed as something more akin to a game. And that turns me off big-time. :\ But again, this could be because we're seeing it through the eyes of a teenager.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Mar 13th, '09, 22:12

SuiginChou,
appreciate your response. Yes we are looking from different parts of the audience. You are indeed very detailed and precise with your observations. I am a little more general in what I am taking in. I think of this drama as a small revelation of a time in the Japanese history. Fortunately I do know the other participants in all the battles and so the older and more important lords can be thought of at the same time as the smaller history of one of the young vassal.

As for the maids all a-running about after the girl with the rabbit....well I am very old but I can't put myself into that 16th century. I imagine they would not be frightened as they are usually people who have lived close to nature. A rabbit would not scare them. the fact that the girl was running wild would be more apt to be taken seriously, because it would be against the rules of decorum in the house.

Some of the scenes can be taken as comedy of a natural way of life. The one thing I could not fathom was the lowly vassal interfering in the letter writing and subterfuge on behalf of of his master. This, to me, was a real no-no.

I am content to watch and enjoy because I love the actor Kazuki Kitamura so much. Admire his talents for a long time. He looks the real Japanese noble in costume. I believe he once played Hamlet in a British repertory company ...in England...in English..

This is still a fascinating drama for me...warts and all.

Peggy

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Mar 13th, '09, 22:24

Just thought of a small addition re the above subject matter. You may not remember but there was once a black and white film made in Hollywood about Henry VIII. Played by Charles Laughton, the role was a farcical portrayal of an English king who was not at all the buffoon C.L. made him. Henry was a well brought up royal. Spoke several languages and had impeccable table manners.(Disgusting scene in film from Laughton) In fact I think he introduced the fork and the use of this tidy implement from Italy. He composed poems and songs. Of course this was a Hollywood film. Laughton was a bit of a carpet chewer at the best of times but he went overboard here.
History it was not... Entertainment it probably was...

At least nowadays I believe we can expect better adptations from Japanese writers and directors as they do have a respect for their own culture andhistory.

I think.. :unsure:

Peg

groink

Post by groink » Mar 14th, '09, 08:13

SuiginChou wrote:Because you confessed in the Yoshitsune thread to abandoning the show after the first episode
Total mis-read of my post in 2006... I said I watched "12" episodes, not "1". I gave Tackey 12 weeks - more than what you're going to give watching Tenchijin. Keep in mind that I've been watching taiga since the 1970s (gotta love Hawaii and KIKU,) and even watched the 1966 version with Fuji Junko (although the 1966 version was a soushuuhen DVD release.) Yoshitsune, with Shinsengumi a close 2nd, are nowhere near the quality of previous shows. And, if one were to read the comments about Yoshitsune in the Japanese forums made by the Japanese, many of their comments are mirror images of mine.

--- groink

machao13

Post by machao13 » Mar 16th, '09, 17:03

i don't really get it, why the hell is osen still clinging to kanetsugu............wew even though she already married to nobutsuna.........

btw can't wait to see kanetsugu showing his tactical ability.........

pedroalarcao83

Post by pedroalarcao83 » Mar 25th, '09, 18:03

Hello people!! :)

I started to watch this drama two days ago and I liked, this is a good historical/samurai drama, but without subtitles is very difficult to understand what they are saying. How can I get the subtitles? Someone knows?

xploring

Post by xploring » Mar 30th, '09, 10:55

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=

The ones with Koala Fansubs should have subtitles

groink

Post by groink » Mar 31st, '09, 05:24

EVERYONE!

Please tell user "Karen" at MySpace to delete episode 3 of Tenchijin. MySoju's already linking to it. A little bird told me that episode 6 won't be uploaded until this episode is off of the streaming sites, so please see if we can clean things up as soon as we can.

http://www.myspace.com/453580063

--- groink

groink

Post by groink » Apr 2nd, '09, 22:01

Episode 5 has been uploaded to MySpace, by an uploader that differs from episode 3. And this time, MySoju is coding the names of the videos, so that even the copyright owners can't find the episodes through a search of MySpace alone. Episode 5 is coded as "1138 005" on MySpace. Only a private exchange between "John" the uploader and MySoju would match this code with Tenchijin.

I've asked Koala fansubs to stop uploading Tenchijin to D-Addicts permanently. And besides, someone else on a different tracker is uploading this series as well (different binary make-up to what's uploaded by Koala.) The reason I'm making this request is this, although some others here believe it is an honest mistake by the likes of "Karen" and "John", this coding of video titles bullcrap is 100-percent intentional. If MySoju's going to make advertising profits off of videos, I don't want good, honest people like Koala to be a part of it.

You people have GOT to understand the ultimate intentions of people like MySoju, DDLers, etc. You all think that the sharing concept is what's important to them. You are so SO wrong. Their intent is to:

1. Profit, money, etc. via linking, advertisement revenue, etc.
2. Remove peer-to-peer sharing from existence, because of their greed and impatience.

If you think all that matters is that you enjoy the videos, and you could care less what goes on in the background, down the road "fate" will catch up. At this rate, only a few privately owned servers will host ALL Internet content. If you allow this to happen, the shutdown of just one service like MySpace or Dailymotion can make terabytes upon terabytes of videos disppear INSTANTLY. The combination of copyrighted infringing material, and advertising revenue is what allows these hosting businesses to survive.

This is why P2P must live on - to allow for videos to be exchanged without any privately owned company from hosting 100-percent of the content. No one can kill P2P shares. But, if you allow content previously shared via P2P to be uploaded to a streaming or DDL site, the life of that video will have an expiration date. You're also allowing an elite few like MySoju to hold the list of coded video titles to control who can enjoy those uploads.

This is totally the wrong direction for the Internet. It really is.

--- groink

dracoena

Post by dracoena » Apr 2nd, '09, 23:37

groink wrote: If you think all that matters is that you enjoy the videos, and you could care less what goes on in the background, down the road "fate" will catch up. At this rate, only a few privately owned servers will host ALL Internet content. If you allow this to happen, the shutdown of just one service like MySpace or Dailymotion can make terabytes upon terabytes of videos disppear INSTANTLY. The combination of copyrighted infringing material, and advertising revenue is what allows these hosting businesses to survive.

This is why P2P must live on - to allow for videos to be exchanged without any privately owned company from hosting 100-percent of the content. No one can kill P2P shares. But, if you allow content previously shared via P2P to be uploaded to a streaming or DDL site, the life of that video will have an expiration date. You're also allowing an elite few like MySoju to hold the list of coded video titles to control who can enjoy those uploads.

This is totally the wrong direction for the Internet. It really is.

--- groink
Fate will catch up? Well, as far as I´m concerned it has catched up already, hasn´t it? I have been watching the last nine taiga dramas avidly. They were an event in my year. I downloaded them from here because I didn´t know of any other way to get subtitled versions (though I would gladly pay for them -even a lot- if someone sold them to me). (*)Now, suddenly, this is over. Isn´t it a bit difficult to care about the terrible things that will happen in the future, if the worst has already happened? Probably there are other people who think the same. Maybe not. In any case, P2P is truly dead for me now. I´ve been coming for years to d.addicts just because of the taiga, (even though I just became a member last year, I think) leeching and then seeding for as long as possible , since the only Japanese stuff they show in my country is anime, Takeshi´s castle and the ocassional Kurosawa movie.

(*)I honestly mean it. If anyone knows of a way to buy subtitled versions of taiga drama, I am ready to be ruined. If someone has them recorded and is willing to sell copies to me, I am ready to be ruined as well. (It´s one of the very few things I would say this about!). That there are just two small zones in the whole world which get what many other people want is truly unfair.

And let this be said: I have nothing against people who go for lofty goals. But blaming people who are just innocent taiga lovers who can´t get the content anywhere else, of not wanting to see the bigger picture is unfair. For me, this is just preventing a future risk by doing something much immediate and worse. This is as if you killed someone to prevent someone else from harming him. Killing taiga for many people is not going to save it in any case. Or so I think.

I mean, do streaming sites feed on taiga? No. They might feed a 0,003 on taiga. We are the ones who feed on taiga, and if taiga is over, it´s us who will disappear and go our separate ways, not the streaming site. I am already one person whose days in this site are over. I never did anything else than seeding, but it´s sad anyway.

And one last thing: It has been said before, in those streaming vs downloading discussions, that whoever really wants taiga has ways to find it. Please, someone, explain that to me. I have sought all online stores I could get to, and all I can find is versions without subtitles. And living in Spain one can hardly have a bunch of friends from San Francisco!

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 3rd, '09, 00:36

even though i totally understand what groink is saying, but i have to second what is just written above too. i too did not nothing but dling from d-a and seeding for the rest,
can't help not to feel sad about it. and i was i just getting used to having my weekly taiga fix. i think i have to get use to not getting use to any of my fav japanese dramas anymore. i wish i was that lucky to be able to see those taiga dramas subbed through my cable channels too.

xploring

Post by xploring » Apr 3rd, '09, 05:26

I feel the same way as the two posters above me. It's tough for people who can't get access...

And this is not meant to be confrontational or offensive, but is this going to be the course of action for every series uploaded to streaming site? If people keep uploading to streaming site, and series keep on being taken off d-addicts, how will P2P live on... I understand it's meant to be a deterrent but it probably won't work with people who ignore warnings not to upload to streaming sites.

WalkingToaster

Post by WalkingToaster » Apr 3rd, '09, 09:04

I'm sorry if I missed something, but I didn't had the time to read the entire thread.
groink wrote:Episode 5 has been uploaded to MySpace, by an uploader that differs from episode 3. And this time, MySoju is coding the names of the videos, so that even the copyright owners can't find the episodes through a search of MySpace alone. Episode 5 is coded as "1138 005" on MySpace. Only a private exchange between "John" the uploader and MySoju would match this code with Tenchijin.--- groink
I've seen episode 5 on mysoju too today and already did my part to asked them (mysoju and john) to remove the episode from their site.
groink wrote:I've asked Koala fansubs to stop uploading Tenchijin to D-Addicts permanently. And besides, someone else on a different tracker is uploading this series as well (different binary make-up to what's uploaded by Koala.) The reason I'm making this request is this, although some others here believe it is an honest mistake by the likes of "Karen" and "John", this coding of video titles bullcrap is 100-percent intentional. If MySoju's going to make advertising profits off of videos, I don't want good, honest people like Koala to be a part of it.
--- groink
It is very sad to read that you asked Koala to stop sharing their episodes here on D-Addicts. Have they already decided what to do?

About the streamings on MySpace.,, I believe that Karen and John didn't know about the restrictions under what Koala uploads their episodes here. Either they didn't say "thank you" and missed kaneyamaboy's post 1 or they simply got the episode from another torrent site. Both should be interested not to stream the series (if they like to watch it). Everythink else would be extremely stupid, since (like us) they won't get any more episodes.

About the other scource you mentioned. Do you mean the Tenchijin eSub Torrents that stopped suddenly after episode 4? Or ist there another ongoing version I do not know about? Anyway... I like to watch the series. I do not care who shares the episodes, but I'm very thankful to those who do! In this case... kaneyamaboy

groink

Post by groink » Apr 3rd, '09, 09:30

WalkingToaster wrote:About the streamings on MySpace.,, I believe that Karen and John didn't know about the restrictions under what Koala uploads their episodes here. Either they didn't say "thank you" and missed kaneyamaboy's post 1 or they simply got the episode from another torrent site. Both should be interested not to stream the series (if they like to watch it). Everythink else would be extremely stupid, since (like us) they won't get any more episodes.
Well, I don't believe for one second that these people don't know. There's a slim shot, and very slim at that, that Karen does not know. But John is definitely in on MySoju because, as I explained, he developed a title coding system that only MySoju understands and uses. The coding system is used to hide from search engines - avoiding even the legitimate copyright owners like the Korean drama companies.

Here's the whole issue in a nutshell: MySoju is a bunch of very sneaky people who's going way WAY over the edge when it comes to streaming dramas. Psychology 101 would tell all of you that if MySoju were, as many of you claim, are innocent and gullible when it comes to these uploading issues, then they'd be doing some really stupid things - such as what Karen did in using "tenchijin" in her titles, or using a single account for all their videos. HOWEVER, P101 would also tell you that MySoju KNOWS what they're doing is against our wishes, based on the multiple levels of deception - the title coding, the hundreds of accounts scattered across multiple streaming services, and so on.

The fact is that MySoju and all the other streaming portals purposely ignore us! I mean, it is very easy to ignore us and get away with it. First, the Internet is totally anonymous. Second, they know that the live drama community is very soft, and are not loyal to uploaders - to the point where the community of leechers will easily turn on the uploaders in order to get what they want. This is why, in all honesty, this issue is really between us uploaders, and both the streamers/leechers.

--- groink
Last edited by groink on Apr 3rd, '09, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.

WalkingToaster

Post by WalkingToaster » Apr 3rd, '09, 21:36

Ok. I understand what you mean. You think that Karen and John "work" into the hands of MySoju. I agree that's possible. But I really can't understand the logic in that. Why should MySoju have interest in streaming episode 3 and 5 while missing episodes 1, 2, 4 and 6 to 47. If you're right, we're dealing with the stupidest people alive. Do they really think their "customers" will watch those two episodes while missing the rest?

That's frustrating. But that might explain a lot of things that happen on this planet.

But... hope dies last, even if it is at one's last gasp. Perhaps somebody else will take over for Koala someday. It happened to Fuurin Kazan too, where Keyaki took over from ap.

dracoena

Post by dracoena » Apr 3rd, '09, 22:07

WalkingToaster wrote:
But... hope dies last, even if it is at one's last gasp. Perhaps somebody else will take over for Koala someday. It happened to Fuurin Kazan too, where Keyaki took over from ap.
I vaguely remember someone who posted in the thread of the first episode, saying that he/she was going to upload it before Koala´s upload appeared. I don´t even know who it was, but maybe...

groink

Post by groink » Apr 3rd, '09, 22:23

WalkingToaster wrote:But I really can't understand the logic in that. Why should MySoju have interest in streaming episode 3 and 5 while missing episodes 1, 2, 4 and 6 to 47.
Episode 1 was uploaded to Dailymotion, but was removed before MySoju could link to it. Episode 2 was uploaded to Dailymotion successfully, but later was removed; MySoju's links are currently dead. The last uploaded English-subbed episode is 5. I don't know about episodes 3 and 4 - it could very well be out there on MySpace with the titles coded - MySoju just hasn't linked to it yet.
WalkingToaster wrote:Perhaps somebody else will take over for Koala someday
groink wrote:MySoju knows that the live drama community is very soft, and are not loyal to uploaders - to the point where the community of leechers will easily turn on the uploaders in order to get what they want. This is why, in all honesty, this issue is really between us uploaders, and both the streamers/leechers.
--- groink

dracoena

Post by dracoena » Apr 3rd, '09, 23:39

WalkingToaster wrote:Perhaps somebody else will take over for Koala someday
groink wrote:MySoju knows that the live drama community is very soft, and are not loyal to uploaders - to the point where the community of leechers will easily turn on the uploaders in order to get what they want. This is why, in all honesty, this issue is really between us uploaders, and both the streamers/leechers.
--- groink[/quote]

Let´s see.
Someone undertakes the task of uploading a series. He has a public. Suddenly, he stops at ep 5. I (and many others) find ourselves cut off in the middle of the story, without having ever done anything against the original agreement. Obviously, he has no obligation whatsoever to continue, and I absolutely respect that. But in the same way I have no obligation to stop looking for the series, either -and he has to respect that, too.

The series belongs to whoever can watch it at home and upload it online if he so chooses. It doesn´t belong to anyone who can decide who can watch or not watch it, or control who takes over after they have declared that they are going to completely discontinue their uploads. Isn´t that what you´re trying to prevent the Internet from becoming?

I mean... as you yourself say, the issue is between you and the people who upload to streaming sites, and the streaming sites themselves. We do not count. Well, we are people and entitled to have our own priorities, too.

(For the record, I doubt it will be of much use looking for the episodes anywhere else-but as walking toaster said, hope is always last to die.)

If there is something else to all this -well, I must belong to a different culture (Note: I probably do) and can´t understand it. Or I was born with a dysfunction. That has to be the reason.

Sigh. I love this site, and I have been a lurker for years. I hope to be able to do so again somewhere in the future -and even post in a more positive, fun and meaningless context. Darn, I should have done so before, instead of feeling daunted about joining a forum where I could not contribute. This way, it would not seem as if I came to this site just to take part in an argument. Because that´s definitely not the case, if you could take my word for it.

Good night to all.

krydda01

Post by krydda01 » Apr 4th, '09, 16:47

All I can say is that I'm glad I didn't start watching it yet.

And that I can't understand anyone listing poor taiga drama and not mention Musashi - it's the only one I've given up watching! ;-)

WalkingToaster

Post by WalkingToaster » Apr 4th, '09, 22:04

Off Topic
I liked Musashi. Even if the end is a little ...sudden and has too many flashbacks in it. But we had fun watching it.
My favourite is still Hojo Tokimune. The final episode made me cry. Yes, I admit it!

olga0506

Post by olga0506 » Apr 8th, '09, 13:12

reading of this is not funny at all. can someone explain please is there still hope to wait for some miracle with eng subs or it is time to download raws?

phalaenopsys

Post by phalaenopsys » Apr 9th, '09, 13:51

I just found out about the episodes on streaming and i'm writing a lots of comments about deleting them, atm there are only ep 3 on myspace and on dailymotion ep 4 and the first 15 min of ep 5, and i'll keep posting and hoping they will be deleted so please Koala fansub reconsider on stopping the upload please and thanx for your hard work.

p.s. sorry for my english if you don't understand..lol

groink

Post by groink » Apr 9th, '09, 20:08

Well, even though MySoju moved the ep5 links from MySpace to Dailymotion, all three parts of ep5 is still up on MySpace, under account 'John". As for the guy who posted ep5 on Dailymotion (now removed), his username is SS897700, and he used the exact same title coding system as "John" on MySpace. So now, even the usernames are coded. And, all 60-plus of the videos on that account were uploaded at one time.

We're dealing with some really determined fools in MySoju. Even their competition isn't as aggressive. MySoju will continue creating these random accounts on these streaming sites, with the coded titles, and keep linking to them on the web site.

--- groink

phalaenopsys

Post by phalaenopsys » Apr 9th, '09, 20:29

groink wrote:Well, even though MySoju moved the ep5 links from MySpace to Dailymotion, all three parts of ep5 is still up on MySpace, under account 'John". As for the guy who posted ep5 on Dailymotion (now removed), his username is SS897700, and he used the exact same title coding system as "John" on MySpace. So now, even the usernames are coded. And, all 60-plus of the videos on that account were uploaded at one time.

We're dealing with some really determined fools in MySoju. Even their competition isn't as aggressive. MySoju will continue creating these random accounts on these streaming sites, with the coded titles, and keep linking to them on the web site.

--- groink
i just checked and there are no episodes on dailymotion as for myspace there's only the 3rd i can't find anything else, if you know other episodes on myspace can you tell me the coded name please??

veritati

Post by veritati » Apr 9th, '09, 20:45

This is all so childish. If you're gonna share, then share. If not, then don't. You're not gonna be able to police the internet so why bother to waste your time? If you're so worried about D-Addicts getting exposed, you need to step outside and take in a breath of fresh air. D-A shows up on every torrent search engines. Multiple boards and blogs have links to D-A.

If you are sharing something on D-A or any other sites, you are basically relinquishing any "rights" you have to it. Notice I put that in quotes since no one has any rights to any dramas shared here or anywhere else, unless authorized or licensed to do so by the owners and producers of said programs. If you tell people not to upload or share something you uploaded here to somewhere else, it's like you are standing in the middle of the road naked and tell people not to look at you.

phalaenopsys

Post by phalaenopsys » Apr 9th, '09, 20:55

veritati wrote:This is all so childish. If you're gonna share, then share. If not, then don't. You're not gonna be able to police the internet so why bother to waste your time? If you're so worried about D-Addicts getting exposed, you need to step outside and take in a breath of fresh air. D-A shows up on every torrent search engines. Multiple boards and blogs have links to D-A.

If you are sharing something on D-A or any other sites, you are basically relinquishing any "rights" you have to it. Notice I put that in quotes since no one has any rights to any dramas shared here or anywhere else, unless authorized or licensed to do so by the owners and producers of said programs. If you tell people not to upload or share something you uploaded here to somewhere else, it's like you are standing in the middle of the road naked and tell people not to look at you.
Well if you want dorama for free you could at least respect others work and wishes, the fansubers get more exposed on streaming site than sharing torrents and if they give us dorama for free it's not fair that streaming site keep making money with their works