Winter Sonata / Endless Love 2 (KBS2, 2002)

Discuss Korean drama series here.

How would you rate Winter Sonata?

Life-Altering
34%
See it
37%
Probably shouldn't miss it
12%
Only if you have extra time
11%
STAY AWAY.
6%

Total votes: 140

MajidB
Fansubber
Fansubber

Winter Sonata / Endless Love 2 (KBS2, 2002)

Post by MajidB » Feb 20th, '05, 13:24

How did you all like it?

I think it was the most boring drama ever. The continuous Microphone head dropping, same songs being played over and over again, yujin taking forever to decide which person to go to, yujin's style of standing in a corner for 5 minutes being all quiet then says something useless / very expected, a waste of time at the ski hill which was very boring. From a scale of 1-10, i would rate Winter Sonata: 1, being the lowest. It had a great story + ost but the way they directed it was absolutely boring.

Dilemma

Post by Dilemma » Feb 20th, '05, 20:57

Well, I'm a guy and I haven't got around to watching any drama's like these. Sonata was my first actual drama that I watched all the way through. Although the overall story wasn't great, it had a strong ending. I voted life altering cuz I now watch dramas, mostly with my sisters.

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Feb 20th, '05, 21:10

I Loved this drama! I am not one to cry over these things but I think I went thru a box of tissues for this one. Bae Yong Jun's character is not my type in this one - too wussy. (I much prefered his character in Hotelier). But I found his performance to be mesmerizing. I wound up watching the last 10 episodes back to back - I was that engrossed.

In my opinion this one was a must see!

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Feb 20th, '05, 21:11

i voted stay away because i have watch many dramas and no drama has been more boring and crappy in every way than winter sonata. right now im stuck on episode 12 b/c it is so damn boring and i dont really wanna watch it anymore... i will thoough b/c i still want to see what happens in the end even thoough my friend says i should jus delete it and move on lol. This is the only drama that from show to show... i really didnt care to watch it... it didnt make me laugh... i really didnt care about any of the characters except sang hyuk who i feel sorry for. Ive never been a choji woo fan ever... if it wasnt for kim tae hee and kwon sang woo and park shin hye in stairway to heaven that woulda been a pretty bad drama to me... she cant really act to me.... and she seems so ackward being so damn tall (she looks 5'10" or something). The drama has bad music transitions, a microphone man that cant hold a microphone, and actors that run a one hour sleep clinic... stay away .... stay VERY AWAY lol

jennayster

Post by jennayster » Feb 21st, '05, 06:49

This drama is pretty good, and I voted Life altering. It makes you cry, though the plot drags on forever.

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Feb 25th, '05, 10:15

I voted "See It" because it has a good plot, great actors/actresses, and lovely music. However, I didn't find myself moved enough to call it "Life Altering".

This series didn't make me tear up either, not like "Autumn Tale". But because of Choi Ji Woo and Bae Yong Jun, I definitely recommend people to see it.

yan

Post by yan » Feb 28th, '05, 21:50

hey guys, i want to know if it is necessary to watch winter sonata before watching summer scent? or does it have no relation?

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Mar 1st, '05, 01:29

yan wrote:hey guys, i want to know if it is necessary to watch winter sonata before watching summer scent? or does it have no relation?
No, you don't have to. The two drama series have no relation except the same director/producer & the same broadcast station (KBS).

tenshiblue

Post by tenshiblue » Mar 5th, '05, 09:02

I just finished watching this. This was the first korean drama that I watched. I voted life altering. A lot of the plot twists were predictable after you've read so many shoujo mangas. But I thought the acting was superb and character developmens were done very well. I especially loved the ending :-) So I encourage everyone to see it.

ddrimike

Post by ddrimike » Mar 5th, '05, 09:37

I voted Probably shouldn't miss it! Although it is slow moving, it has its captivating moments that make it worth watching. Though, it doesn't keep me on the edge of my seat like I'm Sorry I Love You or Full House or Let's Go To School Sang Doo!! But for 2002, it was really good and has many sad scenes!! Also, it is just so darn popular! It is certainly a prominent drama in most people's minds especially here on d-addict so you guys probably shouldn't miss it!!!

little tiger

Post by little tiger » Mar 5th, '05, 09:54

I just love K-drama- I hv watched WS about 5 times ( favourite chapters a bit more ) but not for the plot- The writer must hate women - all the pivotal women in this show are B*Tches - :crazy: Watch and u will know wat I mean. I watch for BYJ (love him :wub: ) and for the beautiful setting and scenery. I also love the way friends interact. It's a must see - for it is CLASSIC KDrama - Like what Shakespeare is to English Theatre. :P :lol

LGP1520

Post by LGP1520 » Mar 9th, '05, 22:20

The first 3 episodes were pretty boring, but then it really picked up. However, the drama was way too long and the storyline became stale. Also, the whole brother/sister twist to the story was somewhat disturbing. All in all, a good drama, but it could've been shortened to around 15 episodes.

joonggook

Post by joonggook » Mar 18th, '05, 18:12

i voted "see it". this drama is wildly popular in many of the asian countries. i've heard cities shutting down for the one hour that it's on. it has all the typical kdrama characteristics. i've seen it twice and still want to see it again. i love the story and the twists in it. the OST is da bomb - the whole CD is on repeat in my car. :lol

keaixia0jie

Post by keaixia0jie » Mar 18th, '05, 18:21

I voted 'see it'. like ppl have said, BYJ alone makes it worth while. ^__^ The OST is fabulous. It made me cry way too much... for just being a show. :P

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Mar 19th, '05, 00:45

Hmm... On this one I had to vote "Life Altering" because it was the one that got me into this whole drama thing in the first place. (Yes, I actually bought it because I didn't want to wait for the uploads!!)

After rewatching it a year later, it's still one of my favorite dramas. I've seen a few better, but I've seen a lot worse. The story does drag a bit in parts, but it does seem to fit the Commandments to a T. CJW at her tragic, misty-eyed best, the other girl who doesn't want to be bad but is always left out, the whole "who's related to who" subplot, the parallels to the lives of th parents way back when, the car crash, the possibly fatal repercussions years later...

If you're looking for traditional K-drama at it's melancholy best, this one's right up there.

And microphone-head just pops up here and there to remind you it's just a tv show.... :P

n_lotus

Post by n_lotus » Mar 22nd, '05, 16:40

For my self , I chose "Life-Altering" ...
It was the second Korean Drama to see ... I have watched Autumn Tale before it , but this one has its effect on me :-)
But to be honest , i felt bored in the last 5 episods ... because it was toooooooo slow , and i was just saying "Haaaaa :crazy: ... come on :crazy: ... You two :blink , there is nothing to say but we have to be together :-) " But I still love it although this slow end :glare:
See it , if you like drama and like love stories and sad one ... :-)

rel

Post by rel » Mar 23rd, '05, 20:52

This is good, I watched it before STH and STH reminds me of Winter Sonata.. :p

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Mar 29th, '05, 09:46

happy ending? sad ending? ahhhhhhhh, don't tell me. i guess the next three days ill find out for myself... hahaha

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Mar 30th, '05, 00:19

Will the series get any better after epi. 11?

Edit*

Watching this while on cold medicine is much much better, lolz.

n_lotus

Post by n_lotus » Mar 30th, '05, 13:08

so we are waiting for your feedback scott12199 :roll as long as you are in episode 11 and the events are still going on :-)
and we will see :roll :-)

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Mar 31st, '05, 02:00

I get more joy out of seeding then watching Winter Sonata. It picked up a little but i feel like im watching robots acting... no chemistry between the two leads...

Spike23

Post by Spike23 » Mar 31st, '05, 21:42

yan wrote:hey guys, i want to know if it is necessary to watch winter sonata before watching summer scent? or does it have no relation?
I love summer scent go watch that =)

LightningEmperor

Post by LightningEmperor » Apr 7th, '05, 08:48

This is the first Korean drama I've ever watched and I voted "See it". The theme of the different types of love really touched me. The cast was great and so was the story. I loved the scenery and music as well. I held off on "Life Altering" because they repeated a lot of the same songs and it sometimes got boring and it kind of dragged on. But I think that the good things about this drama exceeds the bad things. I loved watching it!

I might buy the DVD's from yesasia.com. They have this series in region 1 right? Are the subtitles good quality?

Also, how about the dramas, Summer Scent, Autumn in My Heart, Autumn Fairy Tale? Are those good? Tell me which ones you'd recommend. I'm mostly a Jdrama fan but watching Winter Sonata made me consider watching Kdramas as well.

The only reason I held off on Kdrama is because Kdramas and movies are known for being too depressing IMO. I hate all that death stuff. It just ruins it for me for some reason.

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Apr 7th, '05, 10:06

Nobody dies in Summer Scent. Autumn Tale and Autumn Fairy Tale is the same series. I rank the three in this order Autumn Tale, Summer Scent, then Winter Sonata. Since you dont like tragic endings i suggest you not watch Autumn Tale.

vhh

Post by vhh » Apr 15th, '05, 04:20

I've been watching this and everything was good until episode 8, when Lee Min-hyung told Yuijin he loved her. Weak storytelling in my book. Now I'm not enjoying the rest of the episodes. I like Chelin and the actress who plays her is beautiful. :wub: I'm skipping scenes just to see hers in the rest of the episodes. :D Yes its getting really boring now passed episode 8. I don't see why this was so popular in asian countries when there have been two other dramas I've seen that could easily surpass this one. I think Ill vote Only if you have extra time. since I like Chelin. If she wasn't in it I would vote stay away.

bere

Post by bere » Apr 16th, '05, 04:57

I voted see it. Its one of those dramas thats good to have see if you watch a lot of korean dramas because its just like a standard now. Every now and then I'll even compare certain things to Winter Sonata just because most people have seen it.

It even comes out in the new series "18:29" which was hilarious if you've seen Winter Sonata before.

dima
Fansubber
Fansubber

Only if you have spare time

Post by dima » Apr 16th, '05, 12:24

I'd say the plot is stretched beyond belief, the main female character is utterly dumb and those run-over-by-a-bus thingies are just so cliche...

and yet I watch it - my excuse is that some kind soul gave me a url to script in Korean so I can pretend that I'm learning Korean when in fact I'm just flushing my brain out with this drama *g*

DonlySuperman

Post by DonlySuperman » Apr 16th, '05, 17:59

This was the first k drama that I've seen. I thought that the overall story was all right although they could speed it up a little. I liked the ending where the director kinda trick you into thinking that Yujin was with that sang hyuk dude.

The scene: Last episode, where Yujin returns from Paris. She was with a kid and then sang hyuk came along and then they were talking about the child being similar to the father or something like that and then the real parents (their friends) came along.

It got me tricked into thinking that yujin had a kid with sang hyuk. HEHE! Anyways, I almost got pissed badly but luckily that's not how it turned out.

I think that the house thing in the end was pretty sweet. Yes I said sweet. :)

Overall, I'd give this, 3.5/5 rounded up to 4 in this poll.

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Apr 16th, '05, 18:11

great show, see it. cjw and byj are great actors.

Vivace

Post by Vivace » Apr 17th, '05, 00:46

DonlySuperman wrote: The scene: Last episode, where Yujin returns from Paris. She was with a kid and then sang hyuk came along and then they were talking about the child being similar to the father or something like that and then the real parents (their friends) came along.

It got me tricked into thinking that yujin had a kid with sang hyuk. HEHE! Anyways, I almost got pissed badly but luckily that's not how it turned out.
that tricked me, too. +-+ After watching many plot twists that pissed me off, when this one came along I was going "WHAT!? NO. THAT SUCKS. I'M GOING TO HATE THIS ENDING". So, I was quite relieved when I found out that it wasn't her kid, haha ^^;

I would say it's some point between "See it" and "Life altering" for me. For me, having Joon-sang get hit by a car, and then by a bus later on in the story, it was like "oh my god, how many times is this guy going to have near death experiences!?". It also took me awhile to get into watching it, since the beginning drags out a lot. However, once the plot started picking up, I was hooked.

Even though the pace it goes at is frustrating (especially when you're downloading it. I share an internet connection with two other computers, which made it even worse), I really enjoyed this drama. It was my first, and definitely will not be my last ^^

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Apr 17th, '05, 07:30

DonlySuperman wrote:I liked the ending where the director kinda trick you into thinking that Yujin was with that sang hyuk dude.
Yeah! I was like, 'Noooo...' before it turned out to be a trick. :glare:

maea_maie

Post by maea_maie » Oct 29th, '05, 11:44

one word... ^Beautiful^

^A Beautiful love story about First Love, beautiful memories shared and A reflection of life with love.

^Beautiful scenes that adds the sheer ambience of the whole drama.

^Beautiful songs adding up it^s wonderful lyrics.

and

^Beautiful Actors who can really really act.

Its almost perfect in my taste but i cant ignore som downfall parts of it... lyk it consumes a lot of crying and repetition of scenes and conversations. and most of all... lack of passion in kissing scenes!!! thats the most important part in every series ryt?

but all in all, Winter Sonata will change ur perspectives about Love.

ladyfoxx

Post by ladyfoxx » Nov 17th, '05, 17:55

oh my goodness... this drama can sure drag the scenes; I felt like hitting my head up against the wall. I get so pissed off at the characters...but that's korean drama for you. The storyline is interesting enough to want to watch it to the end but that is if you can tolerate the annoying characters. The songs were TOO repetitive and in a way, killed it for me. True enough, this drama does provide an interesting view on love, which was the only perk for me. Overall this is a drama that should only be watched when you're bored, have time to kill, or really don't care.

n_lotus

Post by n_lotus » Nov 17th, '05, 18:12

lol :mrgreen:
I liked this part, when you said ladyfoxx
ladyfoxx wrote:Overall this is a drama that should only be watched when you're bored, have time to kill, or really don't care.
Actually , I love this drama ... but I agree with you that it sometimes makes me say "Ok , thank you .. we cried a lot :cry: , we felt how big your love was :-( , and you really suffered :pale: .. but that was enough :glare: ... end of the show :x "

rakuz

Post by rakuz » Mar 16th, '06, 20:46

this show was good...not the greatest i seen...but it's worth it to watch...love the OST more tho... :D

y0iTzk3nNy

Post by y0iTzk3nNy » Mar 19th, '06, 15:09

lol i liked winter sonata alot =] like altho the plot dragged on alot all the small twists were all worthwhile by the time u get to the ending heh especially the scene with yujin, sanghyuk and the lil kid

k_fan

Post by k_fan » Mar 20th, '06, 09:49

I chose "see it" because it's a very moving drama, and IMHO, it sets the standard for tragic romances in kdrama, it really taps into emotion. I do recognize that it's a little depressing, however, so if you're not that into sad romances -then why are you watching kdrama? Kidding, I mean that this isn't a light drama. It has all the classic characteristics of a drama though: childhood sweethearts, love triangles, amnesia, near death experiences, sister-brother relationships... That kind of threw me for a loop, I have to admit. They could have cut that out. ^^;

Try it though, at least it'll give you a good idea of what to look for or avoid in future dramas.

Can2906

Post by Can2906 » Mar 20th, '06, 10:13

Winter Sonata is my favourite Kdrama.

skachild

Post by skachild » Mar 20th, '06, 10:21

yeah.. love this drama... :thumright: :thumright:
somebody say this was the drama that bring Korean drama to the big screen... :unsure:
some of them even call this the korean wave........ :P :P :P

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Mar 20th, '06, 10:38

I voted Life-Altering
because it was the first kdrama I watched and made me love kdramas XD
but I think I'd probably would've voted for "See it" if it hadn't been my first :roll

RedCoral

Post by RedCoral » Apr 16th, '06, 18:00

This is showing on AZN network TV right now, I was not sure if I should watch it because the reviews are mixed, but since I don’t have to download it I took a chance and watched it. The first thing I notice is they looked old to be school student…… and, it’s a bit slowww. Someone mention that the fist 3 eps are slow so I’m going to hang in there.
So I hold off my voting for now.

RedCoral

Post by RedCoral » May 12th, '06, 00:05

I choose see it if you have time because it should be call Sad Sonata :-( :cry: Man Choi Ji-Woo perfected the sad look :-( :-( ….. Everything bad that you can put a couple through they did it in this drama :x :x …like 2 accidents wasn’t enough they had to add the sibling thing :glare: then the sight thing :doh: not to mention the usually obsessive people who do not understand that you don’t love them thing :crazy: :crazy: after all the perfect ending lasted 2 seconds :scratch:

Supergirl

Post by Supergirl » May 26th, '06, 02:15

Mmkay, I just finished watching Winter Sonata. This is my second Korean Drama I've watched (Full House was my first). I LOVED the storyline and the actors. In my opinion, I think it was somewhat motivating and really heart felt. Even though I skipped alot of the scenes that didn't have Yu-jin or Jun-sang in them because I thought it was boring. When I found out about the whole half brother/sister thing, I was grossed out. But it was kind of obvious it wasn't real. Not to mention, I cried alot in this drama. It's just simply beautiful. I voted, life-altering. =)

jpoplover08

Post by jpoplover08 » May 27th, '06, 21:38

is it me or was this waay to much like stairway to heaven? I mean, come on! someone point out the major differences here! :glare: i liked stairway to heaven so much better. But then stairway to heaven was the first K drama i ever watched so i may be a little biased here but hey! who isnt when it comes to their first drama right? *sigh* i hated this drama....liked the plot but not the actual drama

Supergirl

Post by Supergirl » May 28th, '06, 00:22

jpoplover08 wrote:is it me or was this waay to much like stairway to heaven? I mean, come on! someone point out the major differences here! :glare: i liked stairway to heaven so much better. But then stairway to heaven was the first K drama i ever watched so i may be a little biased here but hey! who isnt when it comes to their first drama right? *sigh* i hated this drama....liked the plot but not the actual drama
Winter Sonata was released before Stairway to Heaven. I haven't watched Stairway to Heaven yet, but I'm sure it's really good.

http://www.asianinfo.org/asianinfo/kore ... dramas.htm

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Oct 8th, '06, 14:08

Whose clubbox has this wonder drama? Would somebody who knows please tell me?

Jesette

Post by Jesette » Oct 17th, '06, 03:20

No matter what others say about Winter Sonata, it remains one of the korean series closest to the heart of the Filipino audiences. And I love this series too. In fact, I have three copies of this series (chinese, korean and tagalog dubbed). And you know what it is again being reshown in our local channel for the fifth time, I think.

shiny plastic

Post by shiny plastic » Oct 19th, '06, 00:49

Jesette wrote:No matter what others say about Winter Sonata, it remains one of the korean series closest to the heart of the Filipino audiences. And I love this series too. In fact, I have three copies of this series (chinese, korean and tagalog dubbed). And you know what it is again being reshown in our local channel for the fifth time, I think.
Hmm. really? I always thought Full House had the highest ratings on GMA 7. Either way, Winter Sonata and Autumn Tale did very well in the Philipinnes.

alkimake7

Post by alkimake7 » Jan 13th, '07, 23:20

Winter Sonata was aired in Turkey too. To what i know it is the only kdrama shown in my country and at least it made me a kdrama fan :wub:

saranghanda

Post by saranghanda » Jan 17th, '07, 09:29

winter sonata was the second k-drama i watched, after 'hotelier'.
although a bit slow, the drama as a whole was ok for me;
watching a drama done by asians, you need to think or be 'asian' to better understand & appreciate k-dramas i.e. winter sonata.
comparing a choi jee woo against meg ryan or julia roberts is way beyond logic -
they don't come from the same culture roots.
the same goes for k-drama producers, script writers & the rest of the crews who, i believe had done their all to deliver the best they can ;
regardless of all pros and cons (thanks to democracy), i'm very proud that asian arts and culture have finally made its grand entree onto international stage !!

to sum up, when watching asian dramas, be it j-drama, k-drama or chinese drama, a non-asian perhaps need to adjust his/her mind set.

annyeong!!! ...i'm asian but not korean!!

cafelatte

Post by cafelatte » Jan 24th, '07, 23:08

saranghanda wrote:winter sonata was the second k-drama i watched, after 'hotelier'.
although a bit slow, the drama as a whole was ok for me;
watching a drama done by asians, you need to think or be 'asian' to better understand & appreciate k-dramas i.e. winter sonata.
comparing a choi jee woo against meg ryan or julia roberts is way beyond logic -
they don't come from the same culture roots.
the same goes for k-drama producers, script writers & the rest of the crews who, i believe had done their all to deliver the best they can ;
regardless of all pros and cons (thanks to democracy), i'm very proud that asian arts and culture have finally made its grand entree onto international stage !!

to sum up, when watching asian dramas, be it j-drama, k-drama or chinese drama, a non-asian perhaps need to adjust his/her mind set.

annyeong!!! ...i'm asian but not korean!!
i totally agree with you. actually this is the first k-drama that i have watched and since then i became interested in them. although i am not korean but an asian none the less, it makes me proud that people around the world are also interested in watching asian dramas.

Eziya Minamoto

Post by Eziya Minamoto » Jan 26th, '07, 01:14

I think you should watch it if you have have time/probably shouldn't miss it. The storyline was a bit overdone, especially with the amnesia and incest.

I probably wouldn't rewatch or buy it though.

However, I enjoyed the OST, because I lean toward piano-driven music.

saranghanda

Post by saranghanda » Jan 26th, '07, 07:00

hi cafelatte,
glad to read someone out there shared the 'orient pride'.
what other k-drama have you watched? there's an epic series which i fell in love with "Dae Jang Geum"; despite the length, the producer succeeded to showcase a heroine journey in ancient korea. the colorful traditional hanboks (korean national costumes) against four seasons backdrops (imo) made this serial worth watching and at the same time very enjoyable.

cafelatte

Post by cafelatte » Jan 28th, '07, 16:49

saranghanda wrote:hi cafelatte,
glad to read someone out there shared the 'orient pride'.
what other k-drama have you watched? there's an epic series which i fell in love with "Dae Jang Geum"; despite the length, the producer succeeded to showcase a heroine journey in ancient korea. the colorful traditional hanboks (korean national costumes) against four seasons backdrops (imo) made this serial worth watching and at the same time very enjoyable.

hello saranghanda
i have watched mostly non historical type of kdrama after Winter Sonata. but i have read a lot of people recommending Jewel in the Palace-is that the same as Dae Jang Geum?-as a very good series. and i also heard that its around eighty episodes? am not that familiar with the history of korea though. thanks...i will definitely place this in my to watch next list.
am currently watching Glass Slippers but i'm kind of losing interest after the second episode. maybe it's because i've been watching romance comedy type of series lately. although i also plan to watch Autumn Tale and What Happened in Bali next. so far i've finished 3 of the endless love series and Autumn is the only one left. Winter Sonata and Spring Waltz were great except for the Summer one-kind of dragging. My Girl and Goong are both great romance comedy for me. i've also finished watching kim sam soon, only you, sweet 18, 18vs.19,my 19yr.old sister in law.
am really enjoying watching kdrama. it's so refreshing from the western type of tv soaps and movies where there is always sex and violence involved. that is why i appreciate the way love is being portrayed in the asian dramas(i.e. kdrama), not only love but the principles and values that can also be derived from the stories.
sorry for the long message...hope to bump into you more often in the forum and thanks.

Geisha

Post by Geisha » Jan 30th, '07, 23:16

Can anyone please tell me where the torrents for this series went?!?

i still need to download the last 5 episodes!!!!

help!!!

Pao

melica37

Post by melica37 » Jan 30th, '07, 23:41

Winter Sonata is on the list of licensed dramas whose torrents have been removed.

http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Licensed_KDramas

melz

Post by melz » Feb 1st, '07, 01:21

OK, I found Winter Sonata on touya's clubbox, but its missing episode 19. Anyone know where I can find that episode (prefferably HQ)??

alkimake7

Post by alkimake7 » Feb 4th, '07, 15:02

i have the torrents for winter sonata but it's downloading very slowly :-(

Winxplayerx

Post by Winxplayerx » Feb 7th, '07, 21:39

This is a great drama, it's the first I've seen, and I'm still not done with it yet, though, it's almost finished.
It's being shown in Latin America now, and it's pretty popular in some countries, like Ecuador and Panama already. It started showing on Dominican Republic too, but I was already watching it on venevision, along with Stairway to Heaven. It's pretty good, NOTHING like your standard soap opera down here. And maybe that's why people over here find it SO. Very. Good.
These guys can actually act! Not a crappy storyline, it's pretty good, in fact. Loads of plot twists. Nothing like you've seen before down this area. It's becoming pretty popular already, now I'm starting to follow all kinds of korean dramas! This has gotten me into BYJ; Choi Ji Woo, and Park Yong Ha! I like them all pretty much.
You also, do need some random knowledge of asian culture in general, and I believe most that have seen this drama, have begun to seek info on that part of the world, that's not really that connected with Latin America.
I give this a 9/10 just not to give a perfect score! Bottom line: I'm in looove with this drama! Heh.

dannyadams

Post by dannyadams » Feb 8th, '07, 00:49

yes, please re-upload this drama. i really love it. pleaseeee

oberon21

Post by oberon21 » Feb 11th, '07, 14:18

i love so much this drama without this one i shouldnt have discovered the wonderful world of asian dramas

Eziya Minamoto

Post by Eziya Minamoto » Feb 18th, '07, 04:34

As stated above, all torrents for Winter Sonata have been removed.

http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Licensed_KDramas

Sugaface

Winter Sonata

Post by Sugaface » Mar 19th, '07, 16:16

Hello! I am new to K drama but I love it! I have seen winter sonata & I am almost done with Full House. I was wondering if anyone might know of a place where I could get some details episode by episode?

ishel99

Some questions about the final episode

Post by ishel99 » Apr 15th, '07, 15:40

Having just watched the final episode, I've got a few things that are spinning round in my head, especially about that crucial scene where Yujin has just returned from Paris and meets her friends; just wondered what others thoughts were about these:

- What is Chelin's situation? Is she with Sang-hyuk now? She seems to be completely happy, fulfilled and relaxed... or has time just healed her scars over Joon-sang at last?

- Did Sang-hyuk go to Paris at all? I wondered if we are seeing him and Yujin returning from Paris together in this scene? (But when Yujin left for Paris, she went alone at that time, so if he went there too, Sang-hyuk must have travelled separately later)

- When Yujin goes to see the house which (unknown to her) Joon-sang has built, she has no ties to anyone at that time - am I right? There is no commitment between her and Sang-hyuk, so she is free to pursue a relationship with Joon-sang when she finally meets him... correct?

- Why is Joon-sang still wearing glasses if he is blind? Is this an oversight by the production staff?

There will probably be other issues arising later... I know it's not possible to fill every crack in the plot, but these are some immediate issues arising for me. (By the way, having seen it, I loved it, though I agree it had its slow moving and at times frustrating elements... but overall it was great!)

xJaimex

Post by xJaimex » Apr 15th, '07, 16:05

i vote life-altering, i think is a really good drama, great plot, nice actos, but sometimes it gets boring. but most of the time is fun.

ishel99

Post by ishel99 » Apr 17th, '07, 14:55

One more mystery from that scene in Ep 20 where Yujin has returned from Paris... a couple of moments, when Yujin and Sang-hyuk are picking up Jin-suk's daughter, we are given a view 'over the shoulder' of someone with reddish-tinged hair... looks just like Joon-sang's... is he there watching them? and later, as she's about to enter the building, Yujin looks around, as if she's seen someone, or thinks she has.

Was Joon-sang there watching them? or did Yujin think he was? If he was, he was pretty close - how didn't they see him? And if he was blind, how could he be watching them anyway.

Please give me some thoughts, in addition to your ideas about my other questions a coupla posts above ^^

How about some detailed discussion?

melz

Winter Sonata Batch Torrent

Post by melz » Aug 2nd, '07, 15:23

Download all Winter Sonata episodes here:

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3760828

passionfruittwst

Post by passionfruittwst » Oct 23rd, '07, 23:07

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE DOWNLOADS <3

.:edit:.

i decided to write more

okay, as me being almost predictable, i put it as a "must see"

although this was my first k-drama and i loved it whole-heartedly, by watching other dramas i found that there were many other dramas that can top this one. but like many people say- this is a CLASSIC.
in a way, this is also a very good starter drama, since it is not "the best" it will not excite you then leave you hopeless to find another good one : ) so this was definetly worth the time

but i have to complain about one thing

although i loved this drama to death.
the acting
s
u
c
k
e
d

.:edit:take two:.

uhhhh.... i tried downloading from the link abovve..... i don't understand..? i tried to gather the files from limewire, but then the files didn't match or something and the gom player couldn't read the files since it didn't have the necessary codecs....

a little help please? :unsure:

hehrharz

Post by hehrharz » Oct 28th, '07, 12:37

I vote "life altering" because this drama is sooooooo good ^^

belleza

Post by belleza » Oct 31st, '07, 01:32

Interesting Winter Sonata trivia:

Apparently, very early on in the project, Lee Young Ae (of Jewel in the Palace fame) was offered to play Yu-jin. This was -- I think -- before BYJ was cast, and originally Yu-jin was going to be the amnesiac. When BYJ signed onto the role, they wrote the amnesia story for Jung Kang. I heard LYA still kinda sees BYJ as an "ideal man" type. The Jewel and the Legend indeed. ;) But it's interesting in that, if LYA takes this role, she doesn't do Jewel in the Palace.

Both Lee Young Ae and Choi Ji Woo had been cast opposite BYJ in extremely popular dramas in the 90s, so the decision to cast a popular couple reflects the commercial expectations put upon Winter Sonata to top the original Autumn Tale. The show did better than what, I think, the history usually state, but in retrospect, the casting and production concepts for WS seemed more in line with the SBC melodramas. Considering how the the seasonal dramas before and after cast up-and-coming mid-20 somethings, WS stands out curiously as a "love like your teenage years" nostalgia piece for the ajjuhma/okasan audience.

ctrl513

Post by ctrl513 » Dec 30th, '07, 09:35

This is my second kdrama after Autumn Tales. i started winter sonata thinking it would be like autumn in my heart. But its too boring, lengthy kdrama, It should have made in 12 or 13 episodes only. 20 episodes and nothing at all in the middle 40 minutes, its too boring. Too many twists and turns (memory loss, regain, one father then some other, jungin pick sam or joon ohhhhhhh too much, episodes from 6th onwards contains 65% garbage )

I am really disappointed to see such a boring too lengthy series after autumn tales

I would say stay away.

beertax

Winter Sonata Animation

Post by beertax » Mar 30th, '08, 04:11

Btw did any1 else pick up on this? Yes, the japanese are making an ani version of winter sonata. Bae Yong Jun is doing his own voice as the lead role.

http://kr.img.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... &top=frame

Not sure if this will be a full series... it sounds like it will be a 1 ep special to me as it sounds like the story will continue on from where it left off in the original show.

sokasonata

Post by sokasonata » Mar 25th, '11, 23:29

مشكورررررررررررررررررررررررررررررررر