[Discussion] Smile - Jun Matsumoto & Yui Aragaki

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Issy

[Discussion] Smile - Jun Matsumoto & Yui Aragaki

Post by Issy » Mar 21st, '09, 21:59

I could not see a thread for this April drama on d-a yet so i thought of starting one.

from drama wiki
Synopsis:
Bito is a half-Filipino whose father has died and mother has disappeared. Despite his misfortune and the issues he deals with, such as race, he lives his life positively with a constant smile. Similarly, Hana is a young woman living cheerfully despite losing her ability to speak due to an accident...

Cast:
Matsumoto Jun as Hayakawa Bito
Aragaki Yui as Mishima Hana
Koike Eiko as Machimura Shiori
Tokuyama Hidenori as Kawai Kinta
Suzunosuke (鈴之助) as "Bull" / Kazama Kenji
Kitami Toshiyuki as Detective Furuse
Ikeuchi Hiroyuki as Kashiwagi Keisuke
Katsumura Masanobu as Kashiwagi Keisuke
Maeda Gin as Machimura Sosuke
Ishida Ayumi as Machimura Midori
Nakai Kiichi as Ito Kazuma

it's being a long time since jun done a drama. i am really looking forward for his new one and very curious about Jun x Yui pairing.
looking forward to this drama for sure.

Krabbi

Post by Krabbi » Mar 21st, '09, 22:12

I like both main actors, but the story doesn't sound good to me. Too much drama... but I'll give it a try i guess. :)

jicks

Post by jicks » Mar 21st, '09, 22:26

Thanks for starting the thread =)

I think the series sounds pretty heart-warming. And I trust that Matsumoto Jun will make his character someone you can really empathise with.

Here's the short teaser clip that was recently released:

Look forward to seeing him paired up w/ Aragaki Yui
<3

kiki

Post by kiki » Mar 22nd, '09, 15:52

yep, it confirmed, oguri shun is going to guest star on smile. yay for more jun and shun.
http://fybabe.blog96.fc2.com/

DeLeila

Post by DeLeila » Mar 22nd, '09, 19:30

aw, a new jun drama! doesn't sound that interesting but i guess I'll try it anyways... ^^

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 22nd, '09, 19:35

kiki wrote:yep, it confirmed, oguri shun is going to guest star on smile. yay for more jun and shun.
http://fybabe.blog96.fc2.com/
wow, great news.
but not such a great news when i saw jun's heavy tan in this drama. he seems one of those three orange men in that CM. totally waste of a pretty face like jun's.

o0glad2bbiba0o

Post by o0glad2bbiba0o » Mar 23rd, '09, 07:30

And yeah, the plot isn't that interesting so I guess it needs great talent to pull it off.
Matsujun is okay, but I don't think Yui Aragaki can act well. :-(
:cry: I'm scared for the show.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Jun's next drama. I mean, next to SMILE. Hehehe! :P
Just kidding!

fujijan

Post by fujijan » Mar 24th, '09, 15:01

Matsujun is finally doing a dorama!!! I'm so excited~!1 :wub:

But the plot is really very short and reveals not much information..

Hope that new information will be known soon! :D

Meanwhile, I wonder if ARASHI's song will also be used in this drama too~~~ :mrgreen:

pinklady

Post by pinklady » Mar 26th, '09, 13:36

yay!! matsujun and gakki, wuah... oguri shun also appears as a guest star??
can't wait!!!

citrone

Post by citrone » Mar 26th, '09, 15:11

I expect to see more posts in this discussion! I believe it will be a hit for spring season!

we will see...

Long live Gakky....

lara_mey

Post by lara_mey » Mar 26th, '09, 15:33

it's quite interesting seeing them together in a drama!!

Misato-san

Post by Misato-san » Mar 29th, '09, 01:37

This is my most anticipated jdrama for the upcoming season...
II read a lot about it because the main actor is my beloved Ichiban Matsumoto Jun :wub: , the main actress is Gakky and I like her a lot... Nakai Kiichi acting is really something... (I loved him as, for example, Kagemitsu in Dororo)...

Also, Takuma-san scripts are amazing (Utahime <333 Hanadan <33 ) and the director is the great man behind Ryuusei no kizuna :wub: (among others), Ishii Yasuharu <3

So... great crew, and the story sounds interesting to me too because it's a mix of social problems, romance and only Takuma-san knows what other for now :D

If you are interested into this title, you can join the new born community about Smile @ livejournal: http://community.livejournal.com/smile_jdrama/profile
there are a lot of infos about the drama up (I love the story behind the title of the drama for example <3)

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Mar 29th, '09, 01:48

deff. watching this, i like the cast and the story line
i think it will be worth it :)

gauri92

Post by gauri92 » Mar 29th, '09, 18:56

does anyone know if this series is being subbed by any group??? i hope it gets picked up....

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Mar 29th, '09, 20:57

gauri92 wrote:does anyone know if this series is being subbed by any group??? i hope it gets picked up....

Yes, a group has picked it up. It seems STORMY team will be subbing it. :-)

Misato-san

Post by Misato-san » Mar 29th, '09, 20:58

gauri92 wrote:does anyone know if this series is being subbed by any group??? i hope it gets picked up....
check the Jdrama fansub map (or the Smile community @ livejournal) and you'll find your answer :D

hazelkenro
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

Post by hazelkenro » Mar 29th, '09, 21:24

wow!jun Matsu is a half filipino here...
And i am a filipino hehehe.....

thanks for sharing
i looking for this forward to watch this....

-hazelkenro

gauri92

Post by gauri92 » Mar 29th, '09, 22:20

thanks a lot guys!!! i guess stormy will be doing it then??? and where do i find the fansub map??? and i did check out the LJ community, didn't find it there...or perhaps i just don't know how to look (not suprising, considering it's me)......i think arashi.vox will also be subbing this....atleast, i read tht somewhere.....

Misato-san

Post by Misato-san » Mar 29th, '09, 22:29

gauri92 wrote:thanks a lot guys!!! i guess stormy will be doing it then??? and where do i find the fansub map???
Here on d-addicts.
and i did check out the LJ community, didn't find it there...
Because we reported Stormy announcement (and a lot of stuff in locked posts)

gauri92

Post by gauri92 » Mar 30th, '09, 08:46

^yup....i found it....i actually searched for it using the search option here on d-addicts...lol....

Oguri_Shun_lover

Post by Oguri_Shun_lover » Mar 31st, '09, 15:00

do you know that oguri shun will be in it ^^

edit: :blink I know it is not in the topic but where is my 1000+ post :cry:

lucky_kiss

Post by lucky_kiss » Mar 31st, '09, 15:31

I didn't see his name on wiki page, what role he'll take?

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 31st, '09, 15:48

Oguri_Shun_lover wrote:do you know that oguri shun will be in it ^^

edit: :blink I know it is not in the topic but where is my 1000+ post :cry:
YES, we know, it was mentioned in some earlier posts. :lol

Burnin Blu

Post by Burnin Blu » Mar 31st, '09, 16:13

Let me get this straight. This show is about racial discrimination against Filipinos? Is is it that serious over there? Is iit because of a person's skin color or nationality? Because if it's skin color the japanese range from very faiir to very very tan. Someone enlighten me please. Its very funny because Japan is in a bind. They are suffering from a very low birth rate and not enough people liiving and working in itheir more rural areas. If this keeps up they're going to have to be more acccepting of other cultures in their society.

gauri92

Post by gauri92 » Mar 31st, '09, 17:25

^i amyself am not quite sure how bad it is out there....but its supposed to be alright in the cities, i think its more or less in the smaller towns and villages where discrimination might happen...

and from what i could gather, the drama will focus on citizenship for bito, becasue his father is a filipino and mother japanese (or vice versa)...so yes, i guess discrimination does play a part in the drama, not only from a societal point of view, but also froma legal point.....

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Apr 1st, '09, 01:39

gauri92 wrote:^i amyself am not quite sure how bad it is out there....but its supposed to be alright in the cities, i think its more or less in the smaller towns and villages where discrimination might happen...

and from what i could gather, the drama will focus on citizenship for bito, becasue his father is a filipino and mother japanese (or vice versa)...so yes, i guess discrimination does play a part in the drama, not only from a societal point of view, but also froma legal point.....

I think that will play a part. But also, Bito was once in criminal things and the drama starts shortly after he's been released from jail. He'll also face discrimination because of his past.

gauri92

Post by gauri92 » Apr 1st, '09, 07:27

^.......oh, i dindn't know that the drama starts shortly after he's been released from jail...

thanx a lot for the info, nikkibell84

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Apr 1st, '09, 13:38

No problem. :) I joined a group for this show over on livejournal and they always have great info. There's a new 29 second CM out with scenes from the show. Bito seems like such a sweet guy whose a bit of a woobie. (and I hate that word)

gauri92

Post by gauri92 » Apr 1st, '09, 17:31

oh..the smile community??? is that the one ur talking abt???

Misato-san

Post by Misato-san » Apr 1st, '09, 23:13

The racial problem is one of the highlights of the show (according to the interview on the official website featuring Matsumoto Jun and Nakai Kiichi, translated here: http://community.livejournal.com/smile_jdrama/4592.html ), but ONLY ONE of them :D

And as much as I read a lot of things about this drama I'm very intrigued by it.

Ps: PLEASE PUT THE SPOILERS UNDER A SPOILER TAG! ;_______;

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Apr 2nd, '09, 03:00

gauri92 wrote:oh..the smile community??? is that the one ur talking abt???

Yup, that's the place. It's a great place for translations of articles. I have to admit that I'm getting more excited for this show. It just looks like a wonderful human drama/love story. And a great look at how society discriminates against people for all sorts of reasons: race, their past, their disabilities, etc.

gauri92

Post by gauri92 » Apr 2nd, '09, 07:10

^....same here....iv joined it and m so glad to have done so....
im more intrigued by the drama itself now...and i read a few supposed spoilers for the first epi...wow!!! theres so much happenning there....can't wait!!!

Misato-san

Post by Misato-san » Apr 6th, '09, 02:26

have you seen the cms also?
I'm really curious to know when they'll release something with the Shiina Ringo song ^^

padme

Post by padme » Apr 13th, '09, 22:32

i'm can't wait for this drama *o* and i'm in the commun ^o^

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Apr 17th, '09, 15:32

First episode will be up very soon :D

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Apr 17th, '09, 16:00

i think smile will be very interesting and i am glad that matsumoto-san did take this role on ^^
anyway... arashi from vox will sub this drama too

padme

Post by padme » Apr 17th, '09, 18:10

ohh hountoni Moodilic??? someone will upload the first epi soon T-T goshh i watch the 1epi a couple hours by KH
T_______T was soo ahh hope next week come soon and couple of Bito and hana <33333 love at first sight *o* was a lovely thing n__n

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Apr 17th, '09, 18:28

padme wrote:ohh hountoni Moodilic??? someone will upload the first epi soon T-T goshh i watch the 1epi a couple hours by KH
T_______T was soo ahh hope next week come soon and couple of Bito and hana <33333 love at first sight *o* was a lovely thing n__n
Yes, it was uploaded by Gryzze :)

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 18th, '09, 01:14

just saw the ep1 raw and i have to say i am LOVING this drama already. well, as a matsujun fan i watch and love everything he does but i think i saw another side of him in this drama.
i have to say 1st that i am kind of have confused feelings about the fact that story is a flash back from 2015 where bito is in the prison to now days life in 2009.
i mean, it might effect the whole story when you already know what is happening to him from the 1st ep. Bito has been jailed for 5 years for a reason we will find out in the drama.

the whole hana x bito romance story is so cute. they really look and act cute next to eachother. well, i was kind of expecting this as jun always has a chemistry with his leading lady in any drama he does.

one thing really shocked me was how others (specially police) treated bito as a non-japanese person. i mean, do you really get stopped by a walking policeman and being asked to show your passport just because you don't look like a japanese person? not to mention all the abuse he got from police when they were after him.

all those aside, i thought that shun is just going to make an appearance in ep1. but from the preview of 2nd ep, it seems that we going to see more of him.
oh, and jun crying scene? it was so emotional, brought tears to my eyes too. :cry:

hopelessheart

Post by hopelessheart » Apr 18th, '09, 02:07

A Little Background I Guess...

They passed laws in japan where the police can stop whoever they want on the street and make sure that they are citizens. If they arent citizens they are deported. they associate foreigners with crime so they dont want them residing in Japan. About the abuse he deals with, i would assume thats quite common. My japanese professor worked overseas at a medical university and she said before the semester started they had a meeting to tell all the professors about the students that were not of complete japanese heritage and they did this so that the teachers could be a bit cautious of those students because the Japanese have a general mistrust of non-Japanese (it doesnt matter if you are born and raised there and only speak Japanese).

Aside from that this drama looks really good so far and I hope it exceeds my expectations.

freakguy

Post by freakguy » Apr 18th, '09, 02:59

I'm downloading RAW, hope watch it soon :"D

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Apr 18th, '09, 08:55

hopelessheart wrote:

They passed laws in japan where the police can stop whoever they want on the street and make sure that they are citizens. If they arent citizens they are deported. they associate foreigners with crime so they dont want them residing in Japan. About the abuse he deals with, i would assume thats quite common. My japanese professor worked overseas at a medical university and she said before the semester started they had a meeting to tell all the professors about the students that were not of complete japanese heritage and they did this so that the teachers could be a bit cautious of those students because the Japanese have a general mistrust of non-Japanese (it doesnt matter if you are born and raised there and only speak Japanese).

Aside from that this drama looks really good so far and I hope it exceeds my expectations.
reminds me of the movie "Go".
really hard. what about tourists?

padme

Post by padme » Apr 18th, '09, 14:38

i loving this drama too T__T was really good

hopelessheart

Post by hopelessheart » Apr 18th, '09, 15:23

Jazzl wrote:
hopelessheart wrote:

reminds me of the movie "Go".
really hard. what about tourists?
Jazzl
Tourists should be fine if you stay in the bigger cities. If you go to smaller towns it will not be uncommon for you to see places that have signs that specifically say "No Foreigners" on them, and it is not against the law there to do something like that. In the cities I'm sure there are places like that too, but obviously they are more used to foreigners there. Whenever you go, except a lot of stares because it will happen. The Japanese are okay with foreigners until they try to live there, meaning that they will have a really hard time finding a place to live, a place to work, etc.

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 18th, '09, 15:59

ok, this drama is turning to be a real eye opening drama. this is totally off topic but to above replies regarding the subject
i know these things are happening there but i did not know is to this extent. but to be fair, it happens alomst every where in the world. sometimes in your face and sometimes not so and more behind your back. to be honest, i prefer the to your face option as i will have an idea who to deal with people.
BUT, does this happen to every nationality that goes there. i have seen on various japanese programs that how they love european features. i hardly can see that they get the same treatment as Vito did in this drama.
ok, back to the drama,
i think it has the most adorable and heartmelting opening ever.

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Apr 18th, '09, 16:34

@hopelessheart
i am really shocked. never thought that.. but eventually are there people which don't think like that and aren't against foreigeners living there?
Issy wrote:ok, this drama is turning to be a real eye opening drama. this is totally off topic but to above replies regarding the subject
i know these things are happening there but i did not know is to this extent. but to be fair, it happens alomst every where in the world. sometimes in your face and sometimes not so and more behind your back. to be honest, i prefer the to your face option as i will have an idea who to deal with people.
BUT, does this happen to every nationality that goes there. i have seen on various japanese programs that how they love european features. i hardly can see that they get the same treatment as Vito did in this drama.

ok, back to the drama,
i think it has the most adorable and heartmelting opening ever.
that was my question too... to all foreigner. I don't really know about others living there. But i think they respect germans for their work attidtude and so. And i think they aren`t especially against europeans. So.. is it ok as long they are only tourists or is it ok to live there? Is it each natianlatiy?

i wanna see it tooo.. is it subbed yet?

hopelessheart

Post by hopelessheart » Apr 18th, '09, 19:10

@Jazzl
By no means am I saying that every Japanese person is against foreigners. There are plenty of people who are not against foreigners living and working there. But with the graying of Japan and the negative birthrate, and the fact that they would seriously rather build robots to replace workers (in assembly line type jobs) rather than change the laws and allow foreigners in easier, you see that there is a problem.

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Apr 18th, '09, 19:34

hopelessheart wrote:@Jazzl
By no means am I saying that every Japanese person is against foreigners. There are plenty of people who are not against foreigners living and working there. But with the graying of Japan and the negative birthrate, and the fact that they would seriously rather build robots to replace workers (in assembly line type jobs) rather than change the laws and allow foreigners in easier, you see that there is a problem.
didn't mean that you thought so, sorry. But i am really shocked thinking about these things. For sure it is a difference in a big city or at the country site... hope they will be more open when the right time comes.
But China is worse i think

paradox

Post by paradox » Apr 19th, '09, 02:27

It isn't really surprising is it? I mean, most people around the world are against foreigners to some extent, the flip side of patriotism. Its just an inherent quality that we possess i guess.

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Apr 19th, '09, 05:23

paradox wrote:It isn't really surprising is it? I mean, most people around the world are against foreigners to some extent, the flip side of patriotism. Its just an inherent quality that we possess i guess.
Knowing they are a homogeneous country I kind of could understand their racial intolerance but it still doesn't make it right to discriminate like what hopelessheart had pointed out.

Misato-san

Post by Misato-san » Apr 20th, '09, 04:16

hopelessheart wrote:

this is really interesting and really... sad too.

it reminds me that Nakai Kiichi (who plays Ito Kazuma, the laywer) talked in an interview with Matsumoto Jun (translated in the Smile community) about the awareness that Japanese people has about this kind of problems... so the drama deals also with the problem that people may cannot accept at least one of his main themes...

I hope it will be as good as it looks from the first episode (I loved it) because Takuma-san (the scriptwriter) is awesome and deserves to be recognized for his talent.

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 20th, '09, 09:57

I was reading on jdorama smile thread about people on 2ch not being so happy with the 1st ep saying it does have a heavy theme that is not suitable with current economic crisis in japan and the fact that it is giving a bad image about Japan. (credit to tofuuu)

i really think this is excuse not to openly admit that this kind of abuse does happen in a 1st world country like Japan. have been watching jdramas for over years and one think i notice is there are lots of different types discriminations happens there but it is taken so normally there and always been tolerated.

therefore i really applaud TBS and writer and director by picking up such a heavy theme for their drama knowing the society they live in. also a big gambate for jun for doing this drama.
i can't wait for ep 2 and the subs

padme

Post by padme » Apr 20th, '09, 12:39

i think like issy, most people in japan can't admit that this is really a big problem in there and the all world O.O and i think that Jun really feel proud that he got this character in the drama it's like a big courage from him play Vito chan ^^ and i can't wait to 2ep too T_T

paradox

Post by paradox » Apr 20th, '09, 13:28

i really think this is excuse not to openly admit that this kind of abuse does happen in a 1st world country like Japan. have been watching jdramas for over years and one think i notice is there are lots of different types discriminations happens there but it is taken so normally there and always been tolerated.
Theres discrimination everywhere imo. Its pretty widespread around the world even in first world countries and I don't think Japan should be singled out for criticism. Like I said before, its natural to feel more comfortable around people of your own race/nationality and less secure with people of a different nationality.

On another note, is the subbed for this out? How was the first ep?

Aragaki is so cute haha :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 21st, '09, 21:38

yes, going back to drama discussion
i am starting to have a bad feeling about its ending. i hope that is not going to end in somesort of tragedy.
was watching prison scenes again where vito thinking of opening a shop/resturant where everyone is happy and smiling (all the badies were included too) and it hit me that he is too much in that happy state. i mean, that something might happened before him getting in jail to make him have so sort of withdrawal symptoms from this world and be in his little happy world.
i pray that i'll be wrong about this. i really do.

gauri92

Post by gauri92 » Apr 21st, '09, 21:43

are subs out yet??? i still haven't seen the first epi cuz m waiting for subs....

kiki

Post by kiki » Apr 22nd, '09, 00:07

the sub for ep. 1 is out at
arashi.vox.com
on to the drama
don't you get the feeling that hana had met vito before. the way she look at him in the bookstore. i just got this feeling that she met him already

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 22nd, '09, 00:23

kiki wrote:the sub for ep. 1 is out at
arashi.vox.com
on to the drama
don't you get the feeling that hana had met vito before. the way she look at him in the bookstore. i just got this feeling that she met him already
oh, Thanks :cheers:
and YES
i wondered about that too. it seems that she already knew him from before

kimmymeheechul

Post by kimmymeheechul » Apr 22nd, '09, 05:41

I just wish that the drama can clearly send out its message to its viewers, it may have lots of ideas and reactions from different people but its really up to the cast and crew and to plot itself on how to make the message clear...

Honestly, last year when I saw on the news that Matsujun will be playing a half-pinoy, it made me wonder because he does not look half-Filipino at all, but I think because of his acting prowess, I guess he can pull it through...

But oh well, not all half-Filipinos really do like Filipinos, the reason: because Philippines has been influenced by lots of races and they have conquered a lot of times too...

I can't wait to see the next episode..

paradox

Post by paradox » Apr 22nd, '09, 09:01

Gakky is cute.

And this drama is serious stuff lol

I thought it'd have been a wishy washy teen drama..with names like aragaki and jun, but it turned out much better. Quite curious as to how the story will go.

padme

Post by padme » Apr 22nd, '09, 12:33

with the subs now I understand many things O.O
can't wait to 2ep

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Apr 23rd, '09, 15:02

wanted to know if there is a Bito in real life. Is this drama a story of someone?

lol... just watched Ep 1.
Before I saw his face I knew that Oguri is Hayashi. His voice is really unique.. and his laughter xD

Misato-san

Post by Misato-san » Apr 23rd, '09, 15:10

Jazzl wrote:wanted to know if there is a Bito in real life. Is this drama a story of someone?
It's Vito not Bito... please ç_ç

And it's an original script by Takuma-san, he talks about this in the Smile navi ^^

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 23rd, '09, 15:18

yes, as japanese can't pronounce V and say B instead, that's why you hear them say it as Bito :P
i was saying it wrong too before knowing where the actual name came from and its origin.

Misato-san

Post by Misato-san » Apr 23rd, '09, 15:27

Issy wrote:
yes, as japanese can't pronounce V and say B instead, that's why you hear them say it as Bito :P
I know I can read katakana and I studied Japanese for 2 years.
But now, after episode one, we say that the correct spelling in romaji it's Vito because it's Italian. So I think we can accept it and correct ourselves.

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 23rd, '09, 15:48

Misato-san wrote:
Issy wrote:
I know I can read katakana and I studied Japanese for 2 years.
But now, after episode one, we say that the correct spelling in romaji it's Vito because it's Italian. So I think we can accept it and correct ourselves.
and not to forget what vito said in the drama about his name. that his mother named him after Vito Corleone (Marlon Brando's character) in Godfather movies.

summonrune28

Post by summonrune28 » Apr 23rd, '09, 16:01

Do you guys know where I can download stormy's version of smile? its not here in d-addicts but then it says on their wiki fansub site that it was released.

kiki

Post by kiki » Apr 23rd, '09, 16:25

summonrune28 wrote:Do you guys know where I can download stormy's version of smile? its not here in d-addicts but then it says on their wiki fansub site that it was released.
http://community.livejournal.com/stormy_team/
you have to join to the community, no streaming though.

Reikonan

Post by Reikonan » Apr 23rd, '09, 16:29

hello everyone!

it's nice to see an interesting discussion about Smile. I became interested in it since I saw that Jun will be playing a half-Filipino which is my nationality. And I love him to bits.

It seems like Smile is a real eye opener. I think part of the reason why Jun is receiving such discrimination is the reputation of Filipinos in their country.

Filipinos are known to be entertainers in Japan and were quite famous for illegally staying. There's recently a case wherein a Filipino couple was deported back here because they stayed in Japan for 13 years using a fake passport. I am not particularly proud of what they did plus it seems like they don't want their child to know about her Filipino heritage since they didn't teach her to speak Filipino or even English.

There are a lot of Japinoys out there who long to be with their parents but cannot. It is a sad reality of life and I do hope that this drama will be able to tackle this issue truthfully.

padme

Post by padme » Apr 23rd, '09, 19:20

yeahh me too i was thinking is Bito instead Vito O.o but then with subs
is clear that is Vito from the godfather movie n_n

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Apr 23rd, '09, 20:45

Misato-san wrote:
Jazzl wrote:wanted to know if there is a Bito in real life. Is this drama a story of someone?

And it's an original script by Takuma-san, he talks about this in the Smile navi ^^
yes, i am sorry.. i know that it's vito +.+, but in the subs it always said Bito xD so i thought of this

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 23rd, '09, 22:32

Jazzl wrote:yes, i am sorry.. i know that it's vito +.+, but in the subs it always said Bito xD so i thought of this
There is no need to apologize dear. it is not such a big deal anyway specially that it's only been a 1 ep so far. :lol

ok, just finished watching the subbed version
and i think that kazuma ito (the lawyer) most probably has a past just like Vito. so he ended up changing his name to current one. not sure if he has a background similar to Vito but i think he had a troubled past to do with police.
and Hana, diffinately knows vito from before. my guess is to do with times that she stopped talking. i am sure we will find out about the reason later on.

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Apr 24th, '09, 14:24

Issy wrote:
Jazzl wrote:yes, i am sorry.. i know that it's vito +.+, but in the subs it always said Bito xD so i thought of this
There is no need to apologize dear. it is not such a big deal anyway specially that it's only been a 1 ep so far. :lol

ok, just finished watching the subbed version
and i think that kazuma ito (the lawyer) most probably has a past just like Vito. so he ended up changing his name to current one. not sure if he has a background similar to Vito but i think he had a troubled past to do with police.
and Hana, diffinately knows vito from before. my guess is to do with times that she stopped talking. i am sure we will find out about the reason later on.
yes, you could tell from here expression when she saw him in the bookstore that she recognizes him somehow.. i really want to know why^^ maybe the accident, i had this thought to, we will see
as for kazuma... the moment the cop that something like "filipino ****" or something around these lines and kazuma suddenly turned around and looked like him was suspicious and maybe you're right and he had a flash back and thought he was meant with that

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 26th, '09, 00:16

just finished watching ep2, and as my nihong is limited, i really need to watch it with subs.
i thought that this ep was better than ep1. more intense and more action. and when just i thought here is finally some happy times for our vito (i know i shouldn't think so as it is only ep2) here comes another hard times for him.
and to be honest, i think japanese viewers complains about this ep is going to be even more than ep1.

and i thought that we are going to see some more shun in this ep but i guess the preview and end of ep1 was misleading. there is was no shun to be seen anywhere.

hana is getting even more adorable by each ep and you just want these two to be together. i am abit curious about the person she went with and who coincidently works at the very school that Vito delievers food too. and after final poisoning incidence in there could not help not to feel suspecious about him.
the most cutest scene in this ep was when hana gave vito a hug and he went all suprised and shocked and did not know how to react after that. sooo adorable. i just love the fact how hana feels comfortable around vito and how she does not hold her feeling back about him. but poor vito has problem believing in that someone actually likes him for who really is.

kiki

Post by kiki » Apr 26th, '09, 00:42

Issy wrote:just finished watching ep2, and as my nihong is limited, i really need to watch it with subs.
i thought that this ep was better than ep1. more intense and more action. and when just i thought here is finally some happy times for our vito (i know i shouldn't think so as it is only ep2) here comes another hard times for him.
and to be honest, i think japanese viewers complains about this ep is going to be even more than ep1.

and i thought that we are going to see some more shun in this ep but i guess the preview and end of ep1 was misleading. there is was no shun to be seen anywhere.

hana is getting even more adorable by each ep and you just want these two to be together. i am abit curious about the person she went with and who coincidently works at the very school that Vito delievers food too. and after final poisoning incidence in there could not help not to feel suspecious about him.
the most cutest scene in this ep was when hana gave vito a hug and he went all suprised and shocked and did not know how to react after that. sooo adorable. i just love the fact how hana feels comfortable around vito and how she does not hold her feeling back about him. but poor vito has problem believing in that someone actually likes him for who really is.
i watched a little of ep. 2 too, god, i can't wait for next week.
the discussion that we talked about that maybe hana knows vito since she was small could be true. there a scene that he rode a bicycle and he met a little girl, i think that little girl could be hana. then the drama did talk of a connection between three main character.