Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
kawaiiruna

Post by kawaiiruna » May 12th, '09, 00:30

i want konkatsu epsd 4 :p

ImageImageImageImage
credit: mako

BokoWoShinjite

Post by BokoWoShinjite » May 12th, '09, 19:48

I've downloaded episode 2, so I'm gonna watch that in say... 3 hours.

Mai-Soon

Post by Mai-Soon » May 12th, '09, 22:18

I love her

she is awesome

Since I saw her in Attention please she took my whole attention :)

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » May 12th, '09, 22:30

Mai-Soon wrote:I love her

she is awesome

Since I saw her in Attention please she took my whole attention :)
She is ^.^
I think the first drama I watched her was in Tsubasa no Oreta Tentashitachi (I forgot which season) but I didn't start to actually like her until I watched Hitotsu no papa although. Not one of her best dramas but oh well it was kinda a starting point lol

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » May 22nd, '09, 00:27

I've wondering for a while now... Is anyone aware if Ayachan has a bf? oO
I would really wanna know who the lucky bastard is. lol
For some strange reason I've been wondering about celebs and relationships, it was probably brought on by the latest news about Britney Spears.

Mai-Soon

Post by Mai-Soon » May 22nd, '09, 00:43

kuro570 wrote:I've wondering for a while now... Is anyone aware if Ayachan has a bf? oO
I would really wanna know who the lucky bastard is. lol
For some strange reason I've been wondering about celebs and relationships, it was probably brought on by the latest news about Britney Spears.
me too
i wanna know out of curiosity if she have a boy friend :scratch:

what happened to Britney ?

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » May 22nd, '09, 00:59

Nothing much, Britney is just dating her agent now, I really don't pay attention to this crap but when I log into yahoo... lol

Mai-Soon

Post by Mai-Soon » May 22nd, '09, 01:14

kuro570 wrote:Nothing much, Britney is just dating her agent now, I really don't pay attention to this crap but when I log into yahoo... lol
aha...can imagine that :mrgreen:

I've googled for aya ueto boy friend but no approved information i even read that Ryo Nikishido could be the one (Attention plz) co star but i know he already dating someone else!
whoever he is...yes he is lucky-im not lesbian- I'm just a big Aya fan :roll

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » May 22nd, '09, 01:22

Mai-Soon wrote: whoever he is...yes he is lucky-im not lesbian- I'm just a big Aya fan :roll
Aww lol

tobashinki

Post by tobashinki » May 29th, '09, 13:18

Active girls..
Love her! :D

tinyamaki

Post by tinyamaki » Jun 8th, '09, 14:04

hi there...I'm new here...

I really like aya chan!!!!

Let's continue to spread her kawaiiness.....hehe

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Jun 8th, '09, 16:36

There is so many scans of Aya-chan here
http://jyoyu.blogspot.com/2009/06/magaz ... rious.html

Check it out!
Aya is gorgeous! Such a glorious beauty!!!!

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Jun 8th, '09, 18:44

^--Thanks.

Honestly, right now it feels like my favorite actors and actresses keep getting bum roles. ~__~

Really, nothing Aya's been in since Attention Please really meets her "level." Right now, I've finished watching the first episode of Konkatsu. It seems promising, I suppose, (nice to see male lead that doesn't fit into one of the two archetypes) but Aya's role seems very, very small--which makes her prominence in the OP/ED a tad confusing. Maybe her role gets bigger as the series progresses. I hope so, otherwise I'll have little reason to keep watching.

On the subject of dramas, what do you guys think have Aya's best work? I'd lean toward Attention Please and... oh, what's it called... the one where she plays the younger sister of a chef. Also has Abe Hiroshi (the guy in my avatar). I forget what it's called, but it's great.

The only drama I haven't seen with her is Shikomita(?) Sundays... I've heard mixed things about it, and it had low ratings, so I've avoided it. I typically avoid shows with low ratings, but then I noticed that one of my favorite recent dramas (Seigi no Mikata) also had pretty low ratings, so I'm reevaluating how I do things.

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Jun 8th, '09, 19:55

Correct me I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem Aya-chan had played with Abe Hiroshi in any work.

For my fav drama of her... Before I could say immediately it's Attention Plz, but now, I hesitate btw Attention Plz and Celeb to Binbo Taro.

I watched 1 or 2 eps of Shimokita Sundays... but its "smell" didn't attract me... so... I think it's better not to watch it. Some kind of cheap comedy.

About rating, dun care about it much, if u wanna to watch drama in order to discover new things, never look at it, it's somehow very biased in some ways.

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Jun 8th, '09, 19:58

I love her in Attack No 1, nothing's gonna top that.
Has kind of a sentimental value for me.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Jun 8th, '09, 19:59

Mwulf wrote: the one where she plays the younger sister of a chef. Also has Abe Hiroshi (the guy in my avatar). I forget what it's called, but it's great.
Its called My Little chef. Abe was typical abe in it. it was decent I guess the lass who played the chef she was cute ^^

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Jun 8th, '09, 20:00

Yah! Attack No.1 was good, but sport drama is not my fav type though (at least until now)

Talking about sport drama, I think Ace wo Narae is better. It's more logic.

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Jun 8th, '09, 20:08

Well, I watched the anime to Attack No 1, for me the illogical moments in the dorama just belonged into the story^^

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Jun 8th, '09, 23:21

I think sports dramas can be good like H2o or Rookies, its just hard to get the right mood and cast I think.

BokoWoShinjite

Post by BokoWoShinjite » Jun 18th, '09, 19:00

Attack No. 1 is awesome!

mii-t

Post by mii-t » Jun 18th, '09, 23:11

Hi all, I read these forums all the time, but rarely post. Just finished a series that made me want to comment here, though.

I gotta say, I didn't like Aya much to begin with. I was so annoyed with her throughout Attention Please that I almost didn't finish the series. I though she was fairly attractive, but that character drove me nuts (she reminded me so much of someone I once dated - the act/speak before you think type of person - and even looks a lot like her). Didn't like Azumi much either.

After finishing Celeb to Binbo Taro, though, I have completely changed my attitude about her. While she did play a spoiled, Paris Hilton-esque character, I found her to be rather amusing and downright charming - that smile when she was in the wedding dress (ep10?) was incredible!

Anyhow, looking forward to watching Konkatsu!

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Jun 18th, '09, 23:53

Yah, I agree with you that she was awesome in Celeb. It's come to be my fav drama of her. Be4, my fav was Attention plz. I love her character in this. Amusing, carefree, but strong-willed and lovely.

I don't like Azumi neither. Not the movie, the movie was great, but Azumi, the character played by Aya. It somehow doesn't fit my image about her.

I also love her smile. For me, she has a very shinning smile. When she smiles, it seems there is tons of flowers falling, however I like Maki's smile the most. >"< (a bit off topic though).

She was very pretty in Konkatsu! and her character has amusing attitude. But her role is not a big one though. Unfortunately!

mii-t

Post by mii-t » Jun 19th, '09, 00:00

I gotta post a screenshot of that smile. I'll do it when I get home tonight!

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Jul 4th, '09, 23:05

My pre-ordered copy of that single "Smile for" Finally got here... I have to say the song Mou Ichido dake is much better than Smile For..

I swear I'm never buying a single ever again, they're just not worth the price for 2 songs and godamn instrumentals >.<

archive18

Post by archive18 » Jul 4th, '09, 23:22

For me I cannot think of something bad she has been in. I think a lot of her parts have shown what an all round actress she is. I cannot say the same for the leading man in 'Celeb to Binbo Taro' his idea of trying to act was just shouting. utter crap. She need and deserves better.
I am a bit disappointed in her role in Konkatsu! she seems more of a supporting actress then the main female role but hopefully it will get better.

Anyway that what I think and hopefully other people will agree with me or disagree I don't mind becaues we all like her. :cheers: :cheers:

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Jul 5th, '09, 09:52

Ah haha, I also pre-ordered the single (Limited Edition, so with the 2 clips). I got it 2 days ago.
I have to shout of happiness. I'm content with this one. Aya is soooooooooooo cute and pretty.

For me, "Smile for" is ways more interesting with the funny rhythm, a bit childish though, but for the summer, it fits perfectly.

Smile for you... smile for me...

Ah, does s.o know about her movie Kekkon? Do you know where and when it'll be released?

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Jul 5th, '09, 09:58

mii-t wrote:I gotta post a screenshot of that smile. I'll do it when I get home tonight!
Where is those screen shots??? :roll

I was waiting for a while, mannnn :cussing:
archive18 wrote:Anyway that what I think and hopefully other people will agree with me or disagree I don't mind becaues we all like her.
Eh~ dun know what u wanna mean.
But there is one thing I'm sure is that ppl here all like her. :wub:

mii-t

Post by mii-t » Jul 7th, '09, 02:47

chocoasaurus wrote:
mii-t wrote:I gotta post a screenshot of that smile. I'll do it when I get home tonight!
Where is those screen shots??? :roll

I was waiting for a while, mannnn :cussing:

Sorry, I forgot. Here's one I really liked from Celeb.

archive18

Post by archive18 » Jul 7th, '09, 22:37

That is a really beautifull picture of a really beautiful woman :wub: :wub:

She's cute too !!!! :thumright: :thumright: :thumright:

kuma601

Post by kuma601 » Jul 9th, '09, 02:38

And she's a good singer. :D
May not be a trendy as other J-pop styles...though enjoyable to my ears. Her new album release is fall-ish I recall.

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Jul 9th, '09, 10:30

YaY, she is a good singer. I've 1st got to like her as a singer though.
After Attention plz and Hotelier, I like her as an actress too. And with the Celeb hit, I can call myself her fan.

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Jul 10th, '09, 09:59

mii-t wrote:Sorry, I forgot. Here's one I really liked from Celeb.

How about this kind of smile???

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Jul 23rd, '09, 13:21

Did you know she has her own, semi-biographical manga?

Some group called "Alice Dreams" scanlated it, but they've got this asinine policy where ya' can't download unless ya' post in their forum 15 times, so I haven't read it.

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Jul 23rd, '09, 17:37

For some reason I just started thinking I wanted to watch Aya in another sports drama. Maybe basketball this time, the only thing this time around is that I don't want her to start off as an underdog. I want her to be like good and just get better with a little bit more confidence. That's really the only thing that bothered me about her in sport dramas she played in so far, even at the end of them when shes clearly better than everyone and their mother she just seems to lack confidence and by godamnit thats not natural for any sportsman.

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Jul 24th, '09, 14:37

@Mwulf: I dunno about it. do you have the link?

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Aug 5th, '09, 19:29

did you guys watch her in Konkatsu?
I'm almost done with the drama and I find it just ok.
Its nice to watch her acting again.

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Aug 5th, '09, 19:36

I tried getting into Konkatsu... but it really didn't do anything for me. I think she's a pretty good actor, but she just hasn't been getting many good roles lately. Buy hey, at least she's still around--which is more than can be said for Negishi Satori.

noobee

Post by noobee » Aug 6th, '09, 22:36

i like konkatsu drama

Spike1455

Post by Spike1455 » Aug 6th, '09, 23:44

Unfortunately, living in America only affords us a tiny glimpse of the talents from Actors and Actresses overseas and I am sure that can be said in vice versa about our home-based talent too, but from what I can plainly see---the talent of Aya Ueto is sorely being ignored here, and it is not entirely our fault either!

Many American audiences only caught Aya's major onscreen role as Azumi, and seemingly panned the movie in light of its corny "kungfu-type" fight scenes, but unlike the majority, I have had too continuously search out more of her acting abilities since I first saw her supporting role in My Little Chef, even when being denied full access too her other TV and movie appearances, largely from the Japanese film markets and their unwillingness too provide English speakers with some kind of support thru subtitling!!

Of her earlier works too be found (with little or no support) a certain clubbox, found around these forums, tries too give the American audiences a closer look at this talent, though it has been tough without Japanese speakers willing too support us, I am sure there has too be more of this actress than what can be found "on the box"---but for now, it seems we have too be comfortable with this clubBox'es willingness too hold open Aya Ueto's contribution---on what little celluloid releases of her can be found in English!

Spike :study:

chisato

Post by chisato » Aug 18th, '09, 18:54

K.T.Tran wrote:did you guys watch her in Konkatsu?
I'm almost done with the drama and I find it just ok.
Its nice to watch her acting again.
aya was good in konkatsu, but I have to say the storyline wasn't as good as I expected...the cast was great too, I think there was a waste in putting aya and nakai together in this drama. :P

kawaiiruna

Post by kawaiiruna » Aug 24th, '09, 11:37

ImageImageImageImageImage
credit: ichigo from ibbs

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Aug 24th, '09, 21:17

Ueto Aya Monogatari ^^

Code: Select all

info: http://adreams.wordpress.com/2009/02/25/ueto-aya-monogatari/

download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YCE8IVR1
credit to: http://www.alicedreams.net/ (thanks again for all of their hard work) :wub:
They really do a great job. You can found in their site many other interesting things.

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Aug 24th, '09, 21:20

Very nice, Chocoa. Thanks a ton.

Though I have to admit my excitement is much dampened by the new ad system... what is it, an endless loop of various commercials and infomercials? Ulgh.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Aug 29th, '09, 20:12

Source: Music Japan

[concert] Ueto Receives Murder Threat but Will Go On with Planned Event
2009-08-29
Ueto Aya

In a comment submitted to Wikipedia, an anonymous person threatened to murder the TV celebrity Ueto Aya (23) at an upcoming live event. The talent agency managing Ueto and her record label released a joint statement. They revealed that a malicious message concerning Ueto had been posted on the internet. “We have been discussing the matter with the Metropolitan Police Department and the local police station, including the possibility of this being a case of forcible obstruction of business. After consulting with the authorities we have decided to hold the live event as scheduled. But we will take extra security measures such as increasing the number of security guards.” The controversial comment was titled ‘On August 31st I will throw a hand grenade inside the venue where Ueto Aya will hold a live event.’ The would-be murderer wrote of an intent to harm the people participating in the event. The event in question will be held on August 31st in Tokyo’s Koto-ward.

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Aug 29th, '09, 21:11

There is some crazy persons who do unnecessary things. That's why MPD always have work to do. It's nice then.

Aya will be okay. No need to worry.

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Aug 30th, '09, 04:14

Doesn't really sound like it was directed at her, personally, though......

Plenty of nutjobs out there, though. Have to say, I'm continually surprised that people believe the things they read on wikipedia.

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Aug 30th, '09, 08:10

Eh~, you are the right not to believe.

But normally, "to believe" is better, easier than "not to believe", right? This information is correct or not? We still don't know, it's better be prepared. Ne~ :wub:

archive18

Post by archive18 » Aug 30th, '09, 08:52

Poor thing thro. She must be a bit worried. OK it might be nothing but then again it might be someone who is two cans short of a six pack !!!
You never know these days. Hopefully it's nothing.

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Aug 30th, '09, 15:46

If I was going to that event I would protect her as a shield using chocoasaurus body. lol ><
Anyway I doubt anythings going to happen like that, its probably one of those stupid internet threats that people make against celebs.

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Aug 30th, '09, 17:33

Yah, may be it's just another stupid thing come from internet. But better be prepared.

@kuro: why my body??? @_@

Ah, did s.o read Ueto Aya Monogatari?
I finished reading it yesterday. Before, I didn't know she has such a strong character. Now I understand more, how she portrayed her roles. It's surprising!
It makes me wanna watch Azumi again, which before I didn't like at all, she is not my Aya that I always know. :mrgreen:

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Aug 31st, '09, 00:30

chocoasaurus wrote:Yah, may be it's just another stupid thing come from internet. But better be prepared.

@kuro: why my body??? @_@
I chose you since its the most honorable thing to do :D lol

redsunlee

Post by redsunlee » Aug 31st, '09, 05:14

Thanks for your sharing. Thanks for sharing this useful information. It's great.

taux demande pret personnel en ligne credit simulation Faire un pret immobilier en ligne avec un bon credittaux demande pret personnel en ligne credit simulation

chocoasaurus

Post by chocoasaurus » Aug 31st, '09, 10:43

@kuro: Haha, "thank you" very much :lol

@redsunlee: what did you mean?

BokoWoShinjite

Post by BokoWoShinjite » Sep 6th, '09, 19:07

Sorry for being away for a long time, but I had some major problems with my account. I'm back now, though. In total, I have now seen the following Aya-Drama's:

- Hotelier
- Attack No. 1
- Attention Please
- Attention Please Special: Hawaii, Honolulu
- Attention Please Special: Sydney, Australia
- Celeb to Binbo Taro
- KouKou Kyoushi 2003
- Konkatsu!

And the non-Aya's I have seen are:
- Bara no nai Hanaya
------------------------------------------------------------------

So now, I am eager to watch a new Aya-Drama... but which one? Any suggestions? :)
Arigatou!

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Sep 7th, '09, 02:26

I'm still waiting for Azumi 3 since they seem to use only use about 1-15 out of 48 chapters of the manga for the first two movies. >.<

Aside from that I still haven't watched Sakura no sono yet but I plan on it tomorrow, hopefully it will be good. Even though she isn't the main character. ^.^

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Oct 1st, '09, 22:43

kuro570 wrote:I'm still waiting for Azumi 3 since they seem to use only use about 1-15 out of 48 chapters of the manga for the first two movies. >.<

Aside from that I still haven't watched Sakura no sono yet but I plan on it tomorrow, hopefully it will be good. Even though she isn't the main character. ^.^
Its been a loong time since Azumi 2.
Given the time span since the Azumi 2, I'm going to doubt they'll be working on another project. I would be really surprised if they make it.

If they do make it
I would like to see what Kanbei would do since the masters he served under both died, Thanks to Azumi :mrgreen: Also she did assassinate all 3 warlords right?

noobee

Post by noobee » Oct 1st, '09, 23:51

me too :D

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Oct 17th, '09, 20:04

if someone could find this photo of AYA in bigger dimension i will be grateful. :D

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Oct 18th, '09, 16:29

Its been a loong time since Azumi 2.
Given the time span since the Azumi 2, I'm going to doubt they'll be working on another project. I would be really surprised if they make it.
I know but I can still hope for it lol
I would also like to see what Kanbei will do and Azumi. If it went by manga story script her journey would have just begun >.<

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Oct 25th, '09, 19:11

archive18

Post by archive18 » Oct 25th, '09, 19:44

That top picture is brill!!!! She looks so cute :)

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Oct 28th, '09, 14:14

A total of ten women were honored by magazine Vogue nippon. One of The 2009 Women of the Year isAya Ueto (24) !! KANPAI !

robred

Post by robred » Oct 28th, '09, 15:20

Yeah, it's great that Aya is one of the 4 females who was honored. I've found a video with an interview of her about this award:
http://www.vogue.co.jp/fashion/feature/0910woty/

AzumiCHAN

Post by AzumiCHAN » Nov 2nd, '09, 20:14

Kekkon with Aya will be release 28.11.2009 (TV Asahi)..
I hope someone nice person will upload this drama on D-Addict site.
Ps. awesome picture :p

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Jan 28th, '10, 23:17

So.. new year different month, is there anything new happening with our Aya nowadays? Haven't heard much of her lately besides her new album ; ;

BokoWoShinjite

Post by BokoWoShinjite » Feb 8th, '10, 20:48

AzumiCHAN wrote:Kekkon with Aya will be release 28.11.2009 (TV Asahi)..
I hope someone nice person will upload this drama on D-Addict site.
Ps. awesome picture :p
I hope so, too!
And your avatar is beautiful!

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Mar 2nd, '10, 22:44

Ueto Aya becomes a detective for new dorama

Another new dorama announcement for next season. Actress Ueto Aya (24) is going to star in her first detective role for Fuji TV's "Zettai Reido: Mikaiketsu Jiken Tokumei Sousa" (transl: Absolute Zero). Similar to the American series "Cold Case", it will have a team trying to solve or resolve cases that happened a long time ago. Japan actually just created a special department for cold cases in November last year.

Fuji TV about the new dorama, "The scale and reality will go beyond your typical Japanese police dorama and we hope that you will enjoy the feel of this new series." Further they added, "Ueto Aya is the perfect actress for the female detective experiencing personal growth while dealing with the difficult problems of cold cases that last over time and space."

Her role does have a strong sense of justice and never wants to give up with her investigations. She's a newbie, lacks skill and experience, but she is able to understand the pain of people like nobody else. "It's my first role as a detective and I will try my best to show you a nice side of me!," Ueto commented.

Veteran actor Kitaouji Kinya (67) will play her boss. The rest of her the team will be played by comedian Miyasako Hiroyuki (39), actor Sugimoto Tetta (44) and actress Yamaguchi Sayaka (30). Also appearing will be Maruyama Tomomi (34), Nakahara Takeo (58), Kitagawa Hiromi (29) and Kimura Ryo (21).

The dorama will start on April 13 and air every Tuesday at 9pm.

Written by: KawaiiJoyuu
Sources: Sanspo

glad to see her in a new role, but not sure what do they mean by "The scale and reality will go beyond your typical Japanese police dorama" :rambo:

archive18

Post by archive18 » Mar 3rd, '10, 06:38

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Looking forward to this one. Oh yes !!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Apr 8th, '10, 15:34

Some pics of the press conference for Ueto Aya's upcoming drama "Zettai Reido".

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/photo/7505 ... 70626303L/

twotribez

Post by twotribez » May 30th, '10, 23:42

Hello all.. I am a total fan of this fine lady as well. haha she is the cutest actress out there. She is so cute it hurts LOL.

Anyway, does anyone know where to find her Kekkon series? Really can't find anything about that show.

Thanks

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » May 30th, '10, 23:45

twotribez wrote: Anyway, does anyone know where to find her Kekkon series? Really can't find anything about that show.

Thanks
Are you talking about this SP here ?

twotribez

Post by twotribez » May 30th, '10, 23:50

MisS Lonliah wrote:
twotribez wrote: Anyway, does anyone know where to find her Kekkon series? Really can't find anything about that show.

Thanks
Hi there, yes I think thats the one, but is that subbed? Also I thought it was a series with many episodes?

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » May 30th, '10, 23:58

twotribez wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote:

Thanks
Hi there, yes I think thats the one, but is that subbed? Also I thought it was a series with many episodes?
hi ^^
No, it's just a raw file.. as far as I know, there are no subs for it yet.
No it's not a series, just a SP.

twotribez

Post by twotribez » May 31st, '10, 00:01

MisS Lonliah wrote: hi ^^
No it's not a series, just an SP.
oic. haha I will download it anyway in the hopes that it will be subbed one day. Thanks again.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » May 31st, '10, 00:21

twotribez wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote: hi ^^
No it's not a series, just an SP.
oic. haha I will download it anyway in the hopes that it will be subbed one day. Thanks again.
Yah that's better ^^ . I hope so :thumright:. You're welcome!