Chinese Dramas with Chinese Subtitles?

Hong Kong, Taiwanese and Mainland China entertainments goes here.
sssmsm

Chinese Dramas with Chinese Subtitles?

Post by sssmsm » Jun 9th, '09, 02:54

I've been trying to improve my Chinese listening comprehension by watching Chinese dramas recently, but my Chinese isn't good enough to watch a show subtitled in English and then understand exactly what they said in Chinese. My reading skills in Chinese are pretty good though, so I'd love to watch some Chinese dramas with Chinese subtitles, in order to see exactly what they're saying and watch it over and over again to drill it into my head.

I've checked the lists of subtitles here, but all of the Chinese subtitles are for Japanese and Korean shows. Am I not looking in the right places, or do Chinese dramas with Chinese subtitles just not exist? Or, if they do, does anyone know where I can get them and/or have any suggestions? Thanks :-)

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by AkumaX » Jun 9th, '09, 02:57

Hey... the thing about most Chinese Dramas is that... the Chinese Subs (mostly Traditional) are already laced into the Drama :)

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 9th, '09, 03:09

Not if they are rips from the mainland though. Then you usually get simplified.
DVD rips can be the iffy ones since you have to check which region the DVDs were from.

But yes, AkumaX is correct. Pretty much all Chinese TV shows already have subtitles because it allows all dialects to watch and understand.

sssmsm

Post by sssmsm » Jun 9th, '09, 04:43

That's very interesting. I've never seen any Chinese dramas aside form the few I've gotten from here so far, so I don't have much experience. Do any of the dramas available here already have subtitles encoded into them, and if so, would you suggest any? Simplified or traditional is fine with me.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 9th, '09, 05:05

Recommendation thread. --> http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_15829.htm
Though, be wary of recommendations from people who say nothing about the show other than "OMG It's awesome!" A lot of people have bad taste and love shows that actually suck hard. So I'd look for people who can actually give a reason for why they love it.

Also, most Chinese dramas that get uploaded on DA are hardsubbed with English subs.
It you want the raws I would recommend looking for the shows on btchina.net or verycd.com

sssmsm

Post by sssmsm » Jun 9th, '09, 20:48

Well I went through the recommendation thread and put in some of the titles that came up most often into btchina.net, but none of the ones I downloaded had subtitles. I saw that Korean and Japanese versions of the same shows had Chinese subtitles, but none of the ones that were in Chinese had Chinese subtitles.

Ha, this is getting difficult. Sorry to keep being a bother, but do you have any more suggestions, or am I simply going about it wrong?

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 9th, '09, 20:54

What shows were you looking for?

sssmsm

Post by sssmsm » Jun 9th, '09, 21:17

Well I looked up a couple at btchina.net, but the only ones that seemed to come up that were highly recommended were 海豚灣戀人 (At Dolphin Bay) and 流星花園 (Meteor Garden). At Dolphin Bay didn't have any seeds, and none of the Chinese versions of Meteor Garden had Chinese subtitles (I downloaded the two highest seeded versions just to be sure).

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Jun 9th, '09, 21:31

sssmsm wrote:Well I looked up a couple at btchina.net, but the only ones that seemed to come up that were highly recommended were 海豚灣戀人 (At Dolphin Bay) and 流星花園 (Meteor Garden). At Dolphin Bay didn't have any seeds, and none of the Chinese versions of Meteor Garden had Chinese subtitles (I downloaded the two highest seeded versions just to be sure).
Yes, the older dramas have DVD rips which often do not come with chinese subtitles. You should download the tv rips, as almost all chinese shows are aired with chinese subtitles. Look for "tv" instead of "dvd" in the torrent name. or the single torrents instead of the batch torrents.

sssmsm

Post by sssmsm » Jun 11th, '09, 06:50

Well I managed to get one series so far that has Chinese subtitles, 18禁不禁, so that should be good for a while. Thanks a bunch for the links and such guys, I'll keep looking for more :-)

mou

Post by mou » Jun 30th, '09, 00:31

can help me with the series revolving doors of vengeance

mou

Post by mou » Jun 30th, '09, 00:32

where can I find it to download or see it on streaming links

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by AkumaX » Jun 30th, '09, 05:23

mou wrote:where can I find it to download or see it on streaming links
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_52975.htm