Worst J-drama Ever! (*spoilers*)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jan 15th, '09, 23:23

sumire_chan wrote:I also hate bad specials/sequels/movies that ruin good dramas. I loved Gokusen 1 and liked Gokusen 2, but Gokusen 3 made me hate myself for ever liking it.
Amen to that... I'll never revisit the first Gokusen after being subjected to those two wretched sequels... I couldn't even finish them... Like a bad meal you wanna forget you ever had.
Sometimes you just have to stop when you're on top! No more bad sequels! Pleaaaase! *crosses fingers, hopes the Nodame Cantabile movies won't be horrible*
They won't be. :mrgreen: :thumleft:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 15th, '09, 23:45

bmwracer wrote:
sumire_chan wrote:I also hate bad specials/sequels/movies that ruin good dramas. I loved Gokusen 1 and liked Gokusen 2, but Gokusen 3 made me hate myself for ever liking it.
Amen to that... I'll never revisit the first Gokusen after being subjected to those two wretched sequels... I couldn't even finish them... Like a bad meal you wanna forget you ever had.
Sometimes you just have to stop when you're on top! No more bad sequels! Pleaaaase! *crosses fingers, hopes the Nodame Cantabile movies won't be horrible*
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: i really saw this coming, I did not expect any other reply about Nodame the movie from you. :lol :P

sungie

Post by sungie » Jan 16th, '09, 00:14

Hana Yori Dango *dodgesallstones*

Yasuko to Kenji
I dunno if I should laugh or cry 'cause of the overacting. Even if it was meant to be like that... WHY????

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jan 16th, '09, 00:22

Issy wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: i really saw this coming, I did not expect any other reply about Nodame the movie from you. :lol :P
Mochiron. :mrgreen:

Retro

Post by Retro » Jan 16th, '09, 00:24

1. Yukan Club
2. Yukan Club
3. Yukan Club

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jan 16th, '09, 00:48

Retro wrote:1. Yukan Club
2. Yukan Club
3. Yukan Club
LMAO, that's pretty bad when one drama inhabits the top three positions. :lol

tkah

Post by tkah » Jan 16th, '09, 00:48

1) Honey and Clover - couldn't make it past the first episode
2) Kimi wa Petto - Sorry I love the actors but hated the theme of the show...
3) One Pound Gospel - Again like the actors but hated the show in general...

Retro

Post by Retro » Jan 16th, '09, 00:59

bmwracer wrote:
2. Yukan Club
3. Yukan Club
Haha...it's just so bad.
I haven't encountered anything that remotely approaches how horrible that drama is.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jan 16th, '09, 02:37

Retro wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
2. Yukan Club
3. Yukan Club
Haha...it's just so bad.
I haven't encountered anything that remotely approaches how horrible that drama is.
Sounds like it falls under the category of "cruel and unusual punishment." :lol

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Jan 16th, '09, 03:10

bmwracer wrote:
Retro wrote:
bmwracer wrote: LMAO, that's pretty bad when one drama inhabits the top three positions. :lol
Haha...it's just so bad.
I thought Fuma no Kojiro was worse, actually.
Both at least had the saving grace of being fairly short! :P

evigsinne

Post by evigsinne » Jan 17th, '09, 03:07

Yamada Taro Monogatari. I love Sho and Nino but this drama was just painful. Ikegami Takako ranks #1 on my Characters I Would Most Like To Punch In The Face list. I can't even watch Tabe Mikako in anything else now, because I get flashbacks to this drama. I didn't even finish it, although I did valiantly struggle through seven episodes hoping that it would get better. It did not, and I had to just give up.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jan 17th, '09, 03:52

TofuQueen wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
Retro wrote:
Haha...it's just so bad.
I thought Fuma no Kojiro was worse, actually.
Both at least had the saving grace of being fairly short! :P
Using the fast forward button helps a lot, I'd guess. :lol

ecco27

Post by ecco27 » Jan 17th, '09, 21:10

For me it's Summer Snow. No, not because it was boring, I was interested enough to watch every episode but... it was the end I absolutely hated! It's funny because I watched it and kept watching it because someone said the ending was really good. But by the last episode I kind of had a feeling about what was going to happen and I didn't even make it to the end of the episode before I stopped it and deleted the whole series off my computer. I do not like that kind of end! Yuki was so selfish and it was her fault it had to end like that :x

Other than that there's no drama I've watched all the way through that I would call the worst JDrama ever. True, I struggled through watching Yukan Club and Gokusen 3 and I didn't like them much but I don't think they're really any worse than any of the other brainless jdrama mush floating around out there...

I don't really get the people who are complaining about HYD Final, it wasn't great but I don't think it was any worse than the rest of the series.

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Jan 17th, '09, 21:25

Is Honey and CLover really that bad? Am currently downloading it.. tsk..

ayaseharukaftw

Post by ayaseharukaftw » Jan 17th, '09, 23:04

colyn7 wrote:Is Honey and CLover really that bad? Am currently downloading it.. tsk..
I felt like it was a waste of time. If I told you why I would be spoiling it.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jan 17th, '09, 23:26

colyn7 wrote:Is Honey and CLover really that bad? Am currently downloading it.. tsk..
I have an idea why people might not like it, and honestly, I wasn't a fan of the drama version either. But the anime is still one of my favorites and the drama wasn't that far off story-wise. Anyway, H&C has always been categorized as "slice of life", not really as romance, so if you start watching it as a romantic drama, you'll be disappointed.

sike

Post by sike » Jan 18th, '09, 08:30

i know it's not a drama, but i really didn't like boku wa imouto ni koi wo suru. it seemed so rushed. and i felt NO connection at all between yori and iku. before i knew it, the whole thing was over too. it was just so...not good, in my opinion.

i liked yasuko & kenji. it was cute and funny, but i think the ending was really, really just not well-thought out. throughout the whoooole series, kenji didn't really show any kind of love torwards erika, and all of sudden he's in love with her. it made me think that the writers just did that so they could wrap up the ending nicely.

binbo danshi was so so at very best. shun was funny, and cute and haruma was really cute too <3 but that's really, really it. other than that the story kind of blew and it was almost a waste of time.

kimi wa petto was also pretty bad, yukan club too. attention please didn't really capture my heart as well. i'm waiting for querbeet to release subs for innocent love, but so far it's...just odd. i don't want to judge it before finishing it, but so far its got a thumbs down from me.

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Jan 18th, '09, 12:15

yup... I'm kinda disappointed aLso after watching Binbo Dashi.. its such a waste that they have a good cast.. hahays...

@SSeigel.. your ava caught my eye.. that's T.O.P. from BigBang ryt? I used to adore him before.. hehehe..

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jan 19th, '09, 00:47

I watched the the first two episodes of Binbo Danshi and I was like... what's going...on? I was reading the subs just fine... but uh, I didn't get the point of what was happening.

noisia

Post by noisia » Jan 19th, '09, 00:57

Kurosagi.

The only good episode is unfortunately the last episode. I expected decent twists in the story but every episode was weak and predictable. If they actually cranked up the level of deviousness and clever turns in the story it would've been brilliant. It was far too linear for my liking.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Jan 19th, '09, 12:39

This is subjective. I'll give my two-cents.

I couldn't get into Pride or Strawberry on the shortcake.
Even though I love Inoue Mao I didn't think First Kiss was great at all. It just didn't have a strong storyline.

Even though it had Jun and koyuki I also couldn't get into Kimi Wa Petto.

I personally have nothing against Yukan Club or Yamada Taro. Yes they wern't great but they wern't bad either. I rather enjoyed One Pound Gospel.

Gokusen is spoiled by the second and third seasons. Why oh why? The first season was decent and had a good cast but the sequels were just repetitive. Each episode followed a clear pattern which included alot of running and fighting random gangsters in some warehouse. The saving grace of the whole show is Nakama Yukie who I thought was excellent as Yankumi in all seasons.

Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi could have been so much better as well.

daisukides

Post by daisukides » Jan 21st, '09, 14:46

Yoshiko wrote: 1. Love complex - I like Sorimachi but this the worst J-drama ever and the worst drama with Sorimachi :crazy: ( Cheap love, hotman it's better in this old dramas)
I've started taking "recommendations" from this forum :mrgreen:
Might be a bad idea, but I'll take my chances :whistling: So I'm currently downloading Love Complex...
I refuse to believe that any Sorimachi-drama can be worse than Cheap Love, it's just not possible. The only reason I continued
watching it was because he looks damn hot in it, ans I was hoping for a non-sucky ending, which I SOOOO didn't get, the
ending was the absolute worst part and made me regret watching it at all.

The ending:
The hotty dies and the fugly mousy stupid woman lives :cussing:
A Sorimachi-drama really worth watching is Over Time. The ending might be disappointing to some, but I liked it (after a bit of thinking). And GTO of course :wub:

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Jan 30th, '09, 23:06

Love Complex.. has a great cast.. great story demo it was plainly showed.. in short.. its boring though... many watched it due to Teppei and Hiro i guess...

anupanda

Post by anupanda » Jan 30th, '09, 23:14

i didn't really like liar game. i felt that they took too much time explaining what they just did when it was pretty clear what just happened. The lame evil laughter wasn't helping much, and Erika's character was really annoying.

immaperson

Post by immaperson » Jan 31st, '09, 00:10

sahansah wrote: Even though I love Inoue Mao I didn't think First Kiss was great at all. It just didn't have a strong storyline.
Same here, I could tell from the first ep that I wouldnt be able to last through the entire series. i think the storyline would've been better if they focused on only one or two topics/situations. Even after only watching the first ep in its entirely, I was able to watch the last episode without really missing much.

SnowApple

Post by SnowApple » Feb 11th, '09, 00:15

It's a seriously loved cult drama, so I'm going to get grilled for this, but I actually found A Million Falling Stars to be horrible. In so many ways.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Feb 11th, '09, 00:49

^ Yeh it wasn't that great One Million Stars Falling from the Sky.

jojodellis

Post by jojodellis » Feb 11th, '09, 01:21

Hero
Trick
SOS
HYD <---- I watched because of the hype. Ugh.

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Feb 11th, '09, 01:31

The drama I can't stand is Meichan Shitsuji. Idiotic story line, main character blows in every way possible, the whole butler thing seems retarded, the whole bs bullying in it is so borderline attempted murder most of the time its ridic. OMFG and that chick in the wheel chair just gets on my nerves its like shes so emo over some minor crap. The butlers were another thing, they say that the butler and girl couldn't fall for each other but the butlers go well beyond what a butler would really do but something a bf might do for his girl. On top of that they have unnaturally tight bonds with each other that would imo create a relationship. Jeez I hate that drama >.<

Zvemi

Post by Zvemi » Feb 11th, '09, 02:00

sahansah wrote:^ Yeh it wasn't that great One Million Stars Falling from the Sky.
I don't have much time to watch dramas these days and I just downloaded it hoping for it to be good :-) (since just about everyone says so) is there any point to it which should really deter me from watching it because it could easily turn out to be a waste of time? aka really bad acting or the whole plot being totally ridiculous?

Kakijun

Post by Kakijun » Feb 11th, '09, 02:06

- Yukan Clubb
- Yamataro Monogatari
- Binbo Danshi

Does anyone see the pattern here?

SnowApple

Post by SnowApple » Feb 11th, '09, 02:24

Zvemi wrote: I don't have much time to watch dramas these days and I just downloaded it hoping for it to be good :-) (since just about everyone says so) is there any point to it which should really deter me from watching it because it could easily turn out to be a waste of time? aka really bad acting or the whole plot being totally ridiculous?
Great acting, but the plot does become ridiculous. It's a drama that was so obviously dark and gritty, so as to suggest depth or artistic license, but I wasn't impressed.

jojodellis

Post by jojodellis » Feb 11th, '09, 02:31

SnowApple wrote:
Zvemi wrote: I don't have much time to watch dramas these days and I just downloaded it hoping for it to be good :-) (since just about everyone says so) is there any point to it which should really deter me from watching it because it could easily turn out to be a waste of time? aka really bad acting or the whole plot being totally ridiculous?
Great acting, but the plot does become ridiculous. It's a drama that was so obviously dark and gritty, so as to suggest depth or artistic license, but I wasn't impressed.
^This

Also, it disgusted me, and not in an "artsy", make me think kind of way.

Kakijun

Post by Kakijun » Feb 11th, '09, 03:18

Try the anime :thumleft:
I loved how long it was. I really felt connected with the characters by the end.

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Feb 11th, '09, 05:25

i do too.. I seem to love it.. hahaha...

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Feb 12th, '09, 23:52

kuro570 wrote:The drama I can't stand is Meichan Shitsuji. Idiotic story line, main character blows in every way possible, the whole butler thing seems retarded, the whole bs bullying in it is so borderline attempted murder most of the time its ridic. OMFG and that chick in the wheel chair just gets on my nerves its like shes so emo over some minor crap. The butlers were another thing, they say that the butler and girl couldn't fall for each other but the butlers go well beyond what a butler would really do but something a bf might do for his girl. On top of that they have unnaturally tight bonds with each other that would imo create a relationship. Jeez I hate that drama >.<
well you are a boy (lol sorry for stereotpying). but the drama is based on a shoujo manga (aka for young girls to read). of course you would hate it.

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Feb 13th, '09, 00:23

You have a point lol

Shivy

Post by Shivy » Feb 15th, '09, 01:23

The worst drama for me is Gokusen 3 (ducks flying rocks), mainly because Gokusen 1 and 2 had milked the franchise more than enough and the acting was...oh my gods. I wanted to strangle Takaki Yuya every time he came onto the screen. (ducks more flying rocks - Please don't kill me. It's not him, it's me!!!!) Even Miura Haruma couldn't make me watch it past the first 2 episodes.

Then there's Jotei, which started off promising and steadily went (steeply) downhill from there. The last episode of Liar Game was an absolute load of cut-and-paste bs, and I think my dislike for Toda Erika started from that series. And I'm probably the only one in the entire forum to say this, but Code Blue was really bad for me - I couldn't make it past the 2nd episode. Everyone was getting on my nerves even though I liked most of Yamapi's other shows (see avatar).

I'm ashamed to say that I found some guilty pleasure in Yukan Club, mostly because of Otokoyama (the very lovely collie dog). Lol~ And is it right to read 6 pages of the forum and feel inordinately happy that my all time favs like IWGP, Akihabara@Deep, Bara no nai Hanaya and Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo didn't turn up in any posts? Gah. Am such a geek.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Feb 15th, '09, 05:06

^ Actually, Gokusen 2 bites as well... It's a retread in the worst sense of the word.

fjnoheart

Post by fjnoheart » Feb 15th, '09, 05:57

eh?? i think it will be only (horrible) for someone, only if uhm...maybe if its out of your genre and saying horrible is kinda rude well i guess it should be i must say less likeable instead of horrible or worst because you might not knowing that someone is hooked in that drama..

no offense, just an opinion :-)

Ayamari

Post by Ayamari » Feb 15th, '09, 18:19

the worst jdrama i've seen has to be koizora. it may only be 6 episodes long, but i could only make through 2 of them. so it got dropped and deleted from my external hd. it was excruciatingly painful to watch.

i know a lot people love this drama but... yeah not for me.

shannobi

Post by shannobi » Jul 2nd, '09, 12:44

I watched Kurosagi and couldn't last watching Yamapi's blank eyes staring. (No offense.)

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Jul 22nd, '09, 19:05

I have another to add to my list. Recently I've watched "Voice". This drama is just ridiculous, its full of plot convenience, horrendous story, and nonsensical character behavior. Seriously think about this for a second.. this drama revolves around some medical students who are working in forensics to determine how or why a person died but they're never in the godamn LAB to do the job. The only times you see them in there is when they get the corpse or when they get a clue from the scene..

Ok first off this would be incredibly dull from the start but Voice just love filling those plot lines with pure 100% bs by having almost every character emotionally involved with cases. To make sure the emotional connection is there they make episodes like "Oh my god... My mother died in a similar manner and I've always wanted to know what killed her since I was 6" Why did she want to know at the age of 6? Who knows, why does she still cares 12 years later instead of just recognizing her mother is dead and moving on with her life since even if she does find out it wouldn't change the outcome of anything? who knows.

Those things before are nothing compared to the absurd behavior these guys portray. I understand showing compassion and getting down to the truth is "morally just" but come on.. Medical students who are trying to find causes of death by using forensics never seem to be doing FORENSICS! Instead you see them running all over the place piecing together crime scenes, interrogating witnesses and spouses, and what they discovered on a body to determine what had happen. That would be fine and pretty kool if they were DETECTIVES but they are not! That's the job of the police, not to mention that almost all the bodies they checked could have been easily explained by using FORENSICS! God I hate this damn drama!!!

I just can't get over how they're everywhere doing everything else but doing their job and how their superiors let them without reprimand of any kind.
Last edited by kuro570 on Jul 22nd, '09, 21:30, edited 3 times in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 22nd, '09, 21:17

i guess Voice was one of those dramas that you think its a must see with that cast and promotions and then you end up wondering what was all about.
i gave up on watching Voice after 3 eps. did not engage me in any sort of ways and i like detective/murdur/mystery stories usually. such a shame

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Jul 22nd, '09, 21:21

Same for me >.<

mii-t

Post by mii-t » Jul 23rd, '09, 04:34

I suppose it's not fair to call something the worst drama ever if I didn't watch all of it, but the new JSOTW, Anna-san no Omame, is downright awful. Even the series' I didn't finish were given at least a full episode before they were shelved. I couldn't even make it to the halfway point of the first episode of this one.

Monika

Post by Monika » Jul 23rd, '09, 06:55

kuro570 wrote:I have another to add to my list. Recently I've watched "Voice". This drama is just ridiculous, its full of plot convenience, horrendous story, and nonsensical character behavior. Seriously think about this for a second.. this drama revolves around some medical students who are working in forensics to determine how or why a person died but they're never in the godamn LAB to do the job. The only times you see them in there is when they get the corpse or when they get a clue from the scene..

Ok first off this would be incredibly dull from the start but Voice just love filling those plot lines with pure 100% bs by having almost every character emotionally involved with cases. To make sure the emotional connection is there they make episodes like "Oh my god... My mother died in a similar manner and I've always wanted to know what killed her since I was 6" Why did she want to know at the age of 6? Who knows, why does she still cares 12 years later instead of just recognizing her mother is dead and moving on with her life since even if she does find out it wouldn't change the outcome of anything? who knows.

Those things before are nothing compared to the absurd behavior these guys portray. I understand showing compassion and getting down to the truth is "morally just" but come on.. Medical students who are trying to find causes of death by using forensics never seem to be doing FORENSICS! Instead you see them running all over the place piecing together crime scenes, interrogating witnesses and spouses, and what they discovered on a body to determine what had happen. That would be fine and pretty kool if they were DETECTIVES but they are not! That's the job of the police, not to mention that almost all the bodies they checked could have been easily explained by using FORENSICS! God I hate this damn drama!!!

I just can't get over how they're everywhere doing everything else but doing their job and how their superiors let them without reprimand of any kind.
I actually finished the drama and i quite liked it :D I think the plot was good, the acting was good. But now that you've said so, yeah i was watching it as a detective drama. It really does not suit forensics at all. :D

Maybayla

Post by Maybayla » Jul 23rd, '09, 10:29

Yukan Club is the worst.
Binbo Danshi I like Oguri Shun but couldn't watch this

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Jul 23rd, '09, 10:45

Try Virgin road and we'll talk about it later... :mrgreen:

mrthong

Post by mrthong » Jul 23rd, '09, 11:40

Gokusen 3, (might be old) got anoyed when the teacher came and took her glasses off threw her hair ties and saves the day, she does that in most of the episode when it gets to the end,

absolute boyfriend, couldn't stand the first ep with not-so-good story line, and the ugly actors, but some scenes were funny!

Quoted arching both dramas after ep5 currently watching celeb to binbo taro and looks really promising.

howtwosavealif3

Post by howtwosavealif3 » Jul 23rd, '09, 15:10

densha otoko - omg this is so boring and like there'sa lot of drag-out scenes to fill up the the time. there's like no twist, oomph, flavor, it's really really dulll. i should've started fast-forwarded through scenes or skip eps or given up. but ididn't dothat till like last 2 eos ( no idea how I made it that far)

gokusen - um... really boring cause it's the same **** over andover and the **** that happens in the first place is mad cliche. like cliche crap anyone 6 year old can think of. it's just very elementary. I wish they just fast-fowarded totheend of the fight afterl ike the first one. i don't like how they really make fighitng such a light issue/etc (if they were really were getting beat up for like 20 minutes waiting for yankumi to gett there they should be like hurt to thep oint of getting rushed to thehospital etc..). like that one scene in LIFE is more realistic and interesting than any of the fights in gokusen. ... i honestly thought season 2 was better than season 1, i mean it's still cliche boring but i thought it had more oomph or whatever, just a little more (I'm not some crazy akanishi/kamenashi fangirl...) speakingo f which why did akanhish start looking tranny like ep 2 or 3 and beyond (his hairstyle got messedup)\ the viewer rating is so HIGH...

mei-chan - omg I watched because it won best drama (and I asume if it won that it should be "safE" to watch like at least worth watching)but the only thing it offers is fan-service for mizushima's fans ( iam a fan of his but not that big of a fan...) and blahblah nana girl's acting is just whatever/bleh. ifeellike it could be better if they chose someone else but anyways i guesin the end it's the script. too dumb and childish, ican't do it... plus it made it self be compared with hana kimi which was so fun...

plain_love

Post by plain_love » Jul 23rd, '09, 15:32

i recently watched Celeb to Binbo Taro, and it sucks. The early episodes its quite entertaining, but towards the end the story became more and more ridiculous.

Maddie87

Post by Maddie87 » Jul 23rd, '09, 16:28

Anna-san no Omame, has anyone actually been able to finish this drama, wow eps 1 was too ridiculous. I stopped there!

Zvemi

Post by Zvemi » Jul 23rd, '09, 16:58

Maddie87 wrote:Anna-san no Omame, has anyone actually been able to finish this drama, wow eps 1 was too ridiculous. I stopped there!
I made it past ep.3! 8) XD not sure what it says about me though :unsure:

pn0yb0i

Post by pn0yb0i » Jul 23rd, '09, 17:30

I actually finished it.

Probably the only drama that uses a narrator for comical effect.
Also the filmstyle is very unique and I've never seen much use of a gradient filter and "Matrix" effect so often. Also, perspective wise they usualy film between objects or film very far away - I found this all very unique in terms of the cinematography.

Other than that, I can see why this may put off some people. I've managed to get to the last Episode, and I watched this with others to boost the entertaining atmosphere. Some shows just don't work when watching alone.

Gir

Post by Gir » Jul 23rd, '09, 18:34

20centuryboy wrote:Try Virgin road and we'll talk about it later... :mrgreen:
Aww.. I just downloaded this one, I haven't watched it yet.
But to be truthful I got it for Hosho Mai. She was just so cute and funny in Shomuni and even more so in Koi wa Tatakai! that I was looking for more of her. But I did "leaf" through it and it didn't seem that she was in it all that much, so I haven't got around to watching it.

I think I already posted it, but Five (spies) was just ridiculously full of plot holes, contradictions and just outright unbelievable things that I never could watch it.

tunix_2008

Post by tunix_2008 » Jul 23rd, '09, 18:40

howtwosavealif3 wrote: mei-chan - omg I watched because it won best drama (and I asume if it won that it should be "safE" to watch like at least worth watching)but the only thing it offers is fan-service for mizushima's fans ( iam a fan of his but not that big of a fan...) and blahblah nana girl's acting is just whatever/bleh. ifeellike it could be better if they chose someone else but anyways i guesin the end it's the script. too dumb and childish, ican't do it... plus it made it self be compared with hana kimi which was so fun...
Amen to that brother!!!!! We hated Mei-chan!!!! The girl ruined it! I mean, could it be more under-acted? (If that is even a word, Eikura Nana invented it!!!!) Everyone else was acting his/her heart out but this girl was playing poker with the pros! Totally devoid of emotion! She did not only get hugged by Mizushima Hiro, she got kissed by him too and --- NOTHING!

Maybe if someone else played her role the thing would be salvageable. Minami could've done a fantastic job in that role. Plus a better ending -- like maybe Mizushima Hiro quitting the butler gig and just being the boyfriend.

We didn't finish Binbo Danshi either. We too love Oguri Shun but Binbo Danshi was a sleepfest. Shun could portray a host of characters (from a barely grunting heartthrob athlete to a gravure model's number one fan) but a naive moron -- he cannot pull off.

Celeb to Binbo Taro should've ended before it actually did -- at the auction. And the Paris Hilton analog should not have gotten poor. Taro should've just married up and gotten his children a better future (like Overboard) -- that would've been easier to accept after all this is supposed to be a romantic comedy.

I wouldn't consider Atashinchi no Danshi a bad series. It was good all around except the part where it was revealed that Chisato married her biological father. That's just so disgustingly creepy, in any culture. It's like savoring your favorite dish only to find a strand of short, curly hair at the bottom of the bowl. EWWWW.

Zeineb

Post by Zeineb » Jul 23rd, '09, 23:30

*edit*
Last edited by Zeineb on May 27th, '10, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 24th, '09, 00:05

:lol :lol :lol , I LOVED mei-chan. ok, the story was out of this world and totally weird and unbelieveable but it was so much fun to watch. somehow, i really liked Nana too. i thought she was very cute in her character and realiastic. maybe she should have shown more passion into her acting. but over all, i thought it was much better than Hana kimi. if you call mei-chan a fan service to Hiro fans, the what would you call Hana kimi then? :P
Zetai Kareshi, SO right in that Aibu Saki should have gotten a medal for most annoying lead character in the drama. not fan of mokomichi myself so i only watched it for Hiro's sake but i still don't call it a good drama.

as for celeb to binbo taro, it started well and funny enough but i really don't know what happened from ep7 till the end. well, actually started to annoy me from ep5 and then by ep 7 &8 was so irritated and annoyed of everyone that had enough and stoped watching. every single character in there was so annoying.

Innocent Love is another bad jdrama. maki's fake smiles were so creepy.

and last season's drama Yako no Kaiden,
oh my god, i really don't know why i am keeping on self toturing myself. Naohito in his worst acting drama ever together with yoshino Kimura. they meant be lovers but there is 0 chemistry between them on the screen and at the same time try to make you believe in their great love. and to make it even worse, there is unnecessary naration over entire ep describing in details the worst story lines ever written. and then comes the worst end theme of history of jdramas with his lines at very end "i'll kill you" :blink

mii-t

Post by mii-t » Jul 24th, '09, 00:19

Issy wrote:Innocent Love is another bad jdrama. maki's fake smiles were so creepy.
Totally agree. The last two episodes were especially horrible.
The scene where the two brain-deads are sitting alone in the house was just awful. I wanted to throw something at the television.

Goodnessgracious

Post by Goodnessgracious » Jul 24th, '09, 00:27

Issy wrote::lol :lol :lol , I LOVED mei-chan. ok, the story was out of this world and totally weird and unbelieveable but it was so much fun to watch. somehow, i really liked Nana too. i thought she was very cute in her character and realiastic. maybe she should have shown more passion into her acting. but over all, i thought it was much better than Hana kimi. if you call mei-chan a fan service to Hiro fans, the what would you call Hana kimi then? :P
Mei-chan was a pure fan-service drama with very mediocre acting and plot. Hana Kimi, on the other hand, was brilliantly funny. True, there was little chemistry between Shun and Maki, but the secondary characters in Hana Kimi were amazing: Nakatsu, Oscar, Tennoji :mrgreen: . There was not a single funny moment in Mei-chan. It was plain boring and Eikura Nana can't act to save her life.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jul 24th, '09, 00:43

mii-t wrote:
Issy wrote:Innocent Love is another bad jdrama. maki's fake smiles were so creepy.
Totally agree. The last two episodes were especially horrible.
The scene where the two brain-deads are sitting alone in the house was just awful. I wanted to throw something at the television.
Yeah, I think the last couple of episodes... they seem like to just finish it up. It did start off strong but....... yeah. But hmmm...... I haven't seen any J-Drama that I will call worst or bad that I have seen recently. (besides the ones I mentioned already) Ah, I won't call it worse, but I don't think it was all that great: Akai Ito. It had that Koizora feel to it, but I dunno.... the main actress didn't appeal too me much. I t was more meh.

Zeineb

Post by Zeineb » Jul 24th, '09, 00:49

*edit*
Last edited by Zeineb on May 27th, '10, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jul 24th, '09, 01:44

Zeineb wrote: And the guy who takes care of KIYOKA (the name you hear 40 times per episode because he freaks for nothing lol), the second lead role. His smile looks fake too, and his face is not that pleasant.
OMG he was SOOOOOO annoying saying her name a gazillion times! "Kiyoka! KIYOKA!!!!" He just said it annoyingly too...........

pyxee

Post by pyxee » Jul 24th, '09, 02:10

I have to agree, Innocent Love is probably the worst Drama that I have actually finished. I hated Maki's character for some reason. I am not sure why, probably because of all of the retarded/borderline insane things she did. Wondering into peoples houses, stealing photos etc. It was just so unrealistic that anyone would trust her, let alone leave her there in that nice house by herself.
Someone mentioned HanaKimi, and I have to say that Maki and Shun were very hard to watch together, but the supporting cast is what I loved about that drama. All of the secondary characters were so awesome that I ended up loving it just for them.

GreGG
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by GreGG » Jul 24th, '09, 03:13

Love Generation is my choice. I expected a touching romantic story, but received the most primitive soap opera I ever saw. It looked like some Mexican telenovella from 80's and not the best one. Ridiculous plot, stupid and irritating characters and absolutely unbearable main actress. It was an awful experience. The only good points were the theme song and Norika Fujiwara, but that's all.

mii-t

Post by mii-t » Jul 24th, '09, 03:42

GreGG wrote:Love Generation is my choice. I expected a touching romantic story, but received the most primitive soap opera I ever saw. It looked like some Mexican telenovella from 80's and not the best one. Ridiculous plot, stupid and irritating characters and absolutely unbearable main actress. It was an awful experience. The only good points were the theme song and Norika Fujiwara, but that's all.
Thank goodness,someone else said it. I thought it was really annoying too, but was afraid of the backlash if I mentioned it (I know some people just love it).

violet

Post by violet » Jul 24th, '09, 05:08

totally agreed with Innocent Love. Maki's fake smile soooo creepy~!! That YuZu guy keeps saying KIYOKA. yucks~! ewww~~ sssooooooo annoying~!!

Someone did mention Gokusen rite~! couldnt agree more. Gokusen 3 really torturing~ Gokusen 2 i just finished them last week. After a few years i kept them unfinish. Soooo boring~~~ I wonder how the movie goes~

And YES Aibu Saki is the most annoying actress~~~!!!!!! Hate her from Ganbatte Ikimasshoi (also another bad drama) / Attention Please ; cant remember which one i watched first, to the latest drama of hers, buzzer beat. Hate her in all her drama~~!!!

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Jul 24th, '09, 07:01

Gir wrote:I think I already posted it, but Five (spies) was just ridiculously full of plot holes, contradictions and just outright unbelievable things that I never could watch it.
I have it somewhere but didn't watch yet... Might never watch then...

Avaron

Post by Avaron » Jul 24th, '09, 21:41

For me it was probably Love Generation. The main actress was just atrocious and I was hoping every second that Kimura would just strangle her but since I figured thats not going to happen I just ditched the drama.

Though I did like the scene in the (i think) first episode where they were under the rainbow bridge because it reminded me of my vacation there...

:-)

LightningEmperor

Post by LightningEmperor » Aug 4th, '09, 08:06

immaperson wrote:
sahansah wrote: Even though I love Inoue Mao I didn't think First Kiss was great at all. It just didn't have a strong storyline.
I love Mao too but yeah...Couldn't stand First Kiss. Didn't even complete the 1st ep. It's really the 1st ep that either makes or breaks the drama for me.

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Aug 4th, '09, 11:37

pyxee wrote: Someone mentioned HanaKimi, and I have to say that Maki and Shun were very hard to watch together, but the supporting cast is what I loved about that drama. All of the secondary characters were so awesome that I ended up loving it just for them.
hey!!! ^5!!!!!! i totally agreed with you! i loved the supporting cast to the max! they could have their own spin off drama.. haha.. called Ikemen Paradise! lol

Severina

Post by Severina » Aug 4th, '09, 11:58

Worst J-Drama ever? Karei naru Ichizoku!!! Honestly, I have never ever seen a drama that is so damn boring then this one. I don´t know how many times I felt asleep while watching it, but this drama has absolutly no interesting scenes. I definitly hate this drama and I will never understand, why it has the title "drama of the year 2007". I absolutly don´t understand it! :crazy:

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Aug 4th, '09, 12:12

Avaron wrote:For me it was probably Love Generation. The main actress was just atrocious and I was hoping every second that Kimura would just strangle her but since I figured thats not going to happen I just ditched the drama.
:-)
Matsu Takako atrocious? Are you kidding me! She is one of my favorite actresses and Takuya and her are one of the most popular pairs ever.

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Aug 4th, '09, 14:29

I agree with Innocent Love too!! I seriously HATE dramas where the acting lead is portrayed as a 'perfect' character...can do no evil only good! The only reason I liked it was because I was falling for the male lead physically and because of hiroki too...he looked really good too!!

Another drama I hated was Hana Kimi...I really don't like these series that are just full of idols and full of baka-ness! Don't get me wrong, I love idol filled series sometimes and I like comedy sometimes but I hate stupidity and a lot of the times the line between comedy and stupidity is crossed. Also...what the hell was so good about Shun's character?!??! And Toma's role was just silly...plus, (sorry personal attack) but what was with Hiro's hair?? I think a few of the supporting case were what kept me watching it.

I rarely drop series..I think I have only started but not finished a handful of dramas...but one of them is the recent detective drama with Shota and the lead lady is Odagiri Joe's wife....(sorry the drama is so bad I don't ever remember the name or actors!)...it was pure stupidity!! The funny thing was that it talks about how they want to drag out the investigate for the who episode and have the big reveal at the end...and in reality...they dragged each episode pointlessly to reveal something lukewarm if not crap at the end!

Another series I watched but was pretty annoyed throughout was Tomorrow, I absolutely hated the naive-ness of the lead actress' character....like no common sense...I seriously hate watching those 100% sentimental value characters who always think they are right when they are plainly not being realistic and don't realise that without the people they hate and are always having a go at, they would not have a job, money, life!

Ok, that's it for the moment...I love this thread...get to do some drama bashing without worrying about be scolded for!!