Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
mii-t

Post by mii-t » Jul 3rd, '09, 02:28

wmcnair370 wrote:Just got done watching Tatta Hitotsu no Koi so I need another nice romantic drama to watch. Doesn't matter if there is a triangle or someone gets sick and almost dies. Just want something with a happy ending.

Any good suggestions?
What have you already seen? I just finished Star no Koi, really good series and since it was the JSOTW, there are still lots of seeds.

Some other romantic series I really liked with good endings (some are a little older) -

Bara no nai Hanaya
Orange Days (probably my favorite series of any genre)
Itoshi Kimi e (more of a bittersweet ending, but I still liked it)
Celeb to Binbo Taro (a little silly, but still cute)
Pride
Strawberry on the Shortcake

DaanNL

Post by DaanNL » Jul 3rd, '09, 13:46

DaanNL wrote:Hey all!

I'm a total noobie when it comes to j-drama's but I hope to change that in the near future :). I'm looking for a good j-drama that's yakuza or police related. At the moment i'm downloading my boss my hero. Hopefully someone has some series to reccomend for me?

Also, are there any series anyone should have watched in their life regardless of the subject of the series?

Thanks guys!
cheeky bump

cantaboy

Post by cantaboy » Jul 3rd, '09, 15:44

@iluvasiandrama - aw. we differ in our opinions about that then. too bad. lol. did you try the taiga dramas listed below that post of yours?

Are taiga dramas any good to watch? Somehow, they seem boring (because of the topic) but who knows? It might be one that could really impress. Please suggest a good taiga to start with. The newer, the better.

wang_noi

Post by wang_noi » Jul 3rd, '09, 15:52

I just watch Takarazuka show, and I wonder how I can find it...
In fact, I fell in love with Amami Yuki and try to find all of her performances.
I have seen her performance in Me and My girl, Takarazuka show in Youtube.
She is very great actress. She makes me interesting in Takarazuka show.
I am not sure that it's OK to ask here??
Just ask for someone help..........
Thanks >_____<

leila_t

Post by leila_t » Jul 5th, '09, 12:20

hi guys i want a Drama like Nodame cantabile or hanazakari no kimitachie comedy romance can you suggest any drama to me
thanks alot ^ - ^

Masumi-chan

Post by Masumi-chan » Jul 5th, '09, 12:29

hi guys i want a Drama like Nodame cantabile or hanazakari no kimitachie comedy romance can you suggest any drama to me
thanks alot ^ - ^
Atashinchi no Danshi

cantaboy

Post by cantaboy » Jul 5th, '09, 12:54

as i've recommended again and again, Hotaru no Hikari. :)

I forgot who suggested this to me, but Bloody Monday seems really interesting. I liked the first ep.

leila_t

Post by leila_t » Jul 6th, '09, 15:07

thanks for suggestionsImage i am going to see Atashinchi no danshi Image

mii-t

Post by mii-t » Jul 6th, '09, 19:27

DaanNL wrote:

I'm a total noobie when it comes to j-drama's but I hope to change that in the near future :). I'm looking for a good j-drama that's yakuza or police related. At the moment i'm downloading my boss my hero. Hopefully someone has some series to reccomend for me?

Also, are there any series anyone should have watched in their life regardless of the subject of the series?

Thanks guys!
cheeky bump
I haven't seen a lot of police dorama, but Triangle is not bad. Galileo is another crime related dorama you might want to try.

Sailor Fuku to Kikanju is a silly yakuza dorama, but Shinichi Tsutsumi is really good in it.

You might want to check out the survey thread at http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_42923.htm and pick some of the top ranked series to start with.

cantaboy

Post by cantaboy » Jul 7th, '09, 13:55

I agree. Triangle's not bad. It's fairly new too.

BOSS, I think, you might want to give a try. It's a hit or miss though. For sure it looks good, but on the content, it'll be up to you.

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Jul 7th, '09, 18:15

It's been ages since I watched a good comedy J-Drama. Which series would you recommend ?

I have watched quite a few, but only these I can remember:

IWGP
Kisarazu Cat's Eye
Nodame Cantabile
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
Sasaki Fusai no Jingi Naki Tatakai
Jikou Keisatsu
Dragon Zakura
Kekkon Dekinai Otoko
Star no Koi
Tiger & Dragon

4ddd4

Post by 4ddd4 » Jul 8th, '09, 10:01

DaanNL wrote:

Thanks guys!
cheeky bump
try these police drama which I like
Unfair
Koshonin
Odoru Daisousasen
Shibatora
Joshi Deka
Double Score
BOSS

Yakuza related I like
Gokusen I
My Boss My Hero
Big Money

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jul 8th, '09, 16:33

@cantaboy - Some of the Taiga dramas listed are very slow downloads or hard to find or too many episodes for my hard drive... sot I haven't watched any of them as of yet.

When I watch the Korean historical dramas I get them from aja-aja.com but I am not sure where to download all of the Taiga dramas w/Eng subs... can anyone suggest any sites that have them?

TIA

mii-t

Post by mii-t » Jul 8th, '09, 17:29

I just watched the first episode of Love Story. It didn't pique my interest all that much, but since it got such high viewership I'm willing to give it a couple more episodes.

I assume some of you here have seen it. If so, what did you think? Is it worth continuing? Is there another drama you would compare it to?

prechuz_azn

Post by prechuz_azn » Jul 9th, '09, 18:06

I just watched Engine
I heard it was very popular back then and plus the main character is
played by Kimura Takuya.
I finished it yesterday and i have to say I was so disappointed in the ending
Don't get me wrong, it was a good jdorama but the ending could have been happier.

If nothing good was going to come out of that race they shouldn't ave made it so serious
of an event =/.

I also highly recommend Hotaru No Hikari
The drama is very realistic and hilarious, Hotaru's weird habits are something
to laugh at.

cantaboy

Post by cantaboy » Jul 10th, '09, 16:13

Can I second that?

Hotaru no Hikari. Watch it now. :)

howtwosavealif3

Post by howtwosavealif3 » Jul 10th, '09, 21:51

can anyone recommend something really gooooooood.

really good:nobuta wo produce, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e , nodame cantabile
good: last friends, , haken on hinkaku, life , liar game , My Boss, My Hero (only seen 1 ep tho lols),
watashitachi no kyoukasho -so glad I watched. I loved how i just wanted to know what happens next or what information they'll splurge next.

between good/normal: joou no kyoushitsu (it's just the pace is a little sluggish), hana yori dango / 2
normal: seigi no mikata, Bloody monday, tantei gakuen (I'm watching it now but it's like on a downward slope),

kekkon dekinai - I sawup to 8 and it just boresme. It's just really normal and I don't know, I guess it's not for me?

densha otoko - i saw first ep I was like this is interseting but thje pace is sorta slow and some parts were very unimaginative and like dragging. I only like a couple eps?or parts of the couple eps? it's just not that interesting to me.

propose daisakuesen - i can't help but dislike rei and ken. and i don't like watching him run forlike 10 minutes ep every ep...

1 liter of tears - way too j-drama like how many times is it going to
frikin start raining hard all of a sudden. way too many freakin' lines that any anime/drama fan understand without subs and can respond back to in Japanese.
it could've been good butthey just had to take the easy way out...

14 sai - too melodramatic, i wish they took it another direction.
maou - same as above. something was lacking too.

no: gokusen(boring.../ ), meichan no shistuji (love mizushima hiro but no)

Can anyone recommend REALLY good ones that are good as the ones in reall goody/good that have a good pace during the episode like I don't want anything that's sluggish watch: I just really appreciate the pace of each episode for almost all the shows I put in good/really good. I don't want melodrama or at least kept to a minimum.

watching: saito-san 斉藤さん & ame to yume no ato ni right now

planning to watch:
zettai kareshi
GTO

Heard about but not sure if i should watch:
iebukuro west gate
Dragon Zakura
tiger and dragon
arifureta kiseki
dragon medical team
hotaru no hikari
shiroi haru
stand up
hatarakiman
Last edited by howtwosavealif3 on Jul 14th, '09, 00:20, edited 2 times in total.

cantaboy

Post by cantaboy » Jul 11th, '09, 00:24

Zettai Kareshi is also good. I'm watching Shiroi Haru now and it's also nice. Still not completely subbed though.

And yeah, my post above yours recommends another drama.

zizzle_stick

Post by zizzle_stick » Jul 11th, '09, 00:40

to howtosavealif3

dragon zakura is so-so. it's a school drama and quite slow. but i watched it til the end. haha.

ikebukuro west gate park is very annoying. i hated how nagase tomoya would scream there like he's the god of the world. and the plot's quite shallow. if you've seen him in my boss my hero, you'd like him there better than in this drama.

stand up! is very funny. you should watch it. :P

susain4u

Post by susain4u » Jul 11th, '09, 07:09

I am only aware from death Note tv show. Its really fantastic

cantaboy

Post by cantaboy » Jul 11th, '09, 07:49

I've read two of the posts of the above poster and they look like advertisements.

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Jul 11th, '09, 09:34

to howtosavealif3

try Hotaru no Hikari...

jewish_hotdog

Post by jewish_hotdog » Jul 12th, '09, 12:13

Hello..

Just got down with akai ito.. Liked it very much!!!

Any suggestions for similar dramas of such nature?

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Jul 13th, '09, 12:38

TY for Yume no California. I love Shibasaki Kou to ever since BR so I think I need to get this.

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Jul 13th, '09, 12:54

the search button says it hasn't been translated but I thought I saw a translation somwhere.. Or did I dreamed it?

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Jul 13th, '09, 13:09

You dreamed it. In addition Primaden and Kobayaka Nobuki no Koi were never finished, and I anata no tonari ni darega iru has just started getting subbed.

HorusEyes

Post by HorusEyes » Jul 13th, '09, 16:53

Im looking for new comedies. Im more into Anime but from time to time i like do watch some jdoramas. but the thing is i never know what are the new titles. Can someone rec some new comedies? thanks

ssih

Post by ssih » Jul 13th, '09, 18:47

howtwosavealif3 wrote:can anyone recommend something really gooooooood.
No. Gomen. :(
really good:nobuta wo produce, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e , nodame cantabile
good: last friends, , haken on hinkaku, life , liar game , My Boss, My Hero (only seen 1 ep tho lols)
Totally agree on Nobuda and Nodame. I'd probably put HanaKimi in the "good" pile.
propose daisakuesen - i can't help but dislike rei and ken. and i don't like watching him run forlike 10 minutes ep every ep...
No kidding, huh?? Run like hell and then stand around looking morose while his love life slipped away. The show had its moments, but I'd have felt a lot better if I could just go up and slap him from time to time.

To be honest, I haven't found anything (yet) that has the right to be spoken in the same sentence as Nobuta or Nodame, but I've found a few enjoyable ones. Most of the jdramas I've seen are full-length dramas. That is, you get invested in it, and you really need to watch the entire thing - like an 11-episode movie. But a few series establish the characters, and then each episode is a self-contained story, like most American shows. So you can watch a couple episodes and decide if you like it or not.

Mop Girl is like this. It took me an episode or two for her whining to change from annoying to endearing for me, but it's a fun show. Mr. Brain is similar. Same with Boss.

Fugoh Keiji isn't quite as good, but Fukada Kyoko's incredible cuteness makes up for a lot.

howtwosavealif3

Post by howtwosavealif3 » Jul 14th, '09, 00:27

since watashitachi no kyoukasho got cut off in the quote above I'll recommend it~
(it's one of the dramas I putin good: )

Well it won best scriptwriter. I couldn't predict what was gonna happen next (or maybe the better wording is finding out what happened). I read no summary before watching so I was "shocked' from the first ep.
I don't like densha otoko but the male lead from that is in this and he really fits cause his eyes are so bright and happy (lol I don't know to describe it). Susumu from Hana yori Dango isi in it!! (random bribe lol).. it was really nice seeing him in this drama because his hairstyle is improved and he'slike hot. lol.
But anyways the actrses who plays main character does a fantastic job. In factshe won best actress!!
This drama isn't melodramatic in myopinion and I really hate melodrama in j/k-drama.

I think the BGM is good. In my last post about good/very good drama they all have really good BGM so I feel like it justshows the efforts of all the staff ,etc trying to make a good show that almost every aspect is well done. I love the theme song andI hate BONNIE PINK (well almost all of her songs).

Only thing is that it's sorta slow sometimes but honestlythe plot/(twists?) and turns totally make up for it.

I know I wrote really gooooood in the beginnign of my post on the last page.but good is fine too. something that's very good or good level!!!
Last edited by howtwosavealif3 on Jul 17th, '09, 18:49, edited 1 time in total.

DaanNL

Post by DaanNL » Jul 15th, '09, 12:15

4ddd4 wrote:*snip*
Thanks a lot for your suggestions mate!

Maemi

Post by Maemi » Jul 20th, '09, 23:41

Hello everyone! I need a help! I'm looking for this type of Jdoramas:

Cold, rich, hot guy falls in love with some cute, poor girl. (they can't stand each other at the beginning, but fall in love later)

So far I watched: Hana Yori Dango with this plot.

Thanks in advance ^^

cantaboy

Post by cantaboy » Jul 21st, '09, 11:35

@Maemi: From what I've read at the K-Drama forums, that drama formula is pretty common there.

Nodame Cantabile somehow fits this description. But it's a very very weird love story. It focuses more on comedy. About the "they can't stand each other, then fall in love" part, Hotaru no Hikari would be excellent.

mrthong

Post by mrthong » Jul 23rd, '09, 11:44

Need your help guys, would like dramas like celeb to binbo taro, good looking actors with comendy and romance, nothing dull like gokusen 3 or absolute boyfriend!

Aswell new ones not like made in 2007

cantaboy

Post by cantaboy » Jul 23rd, '09, 12:24

2007 for me is new enough. :)) I don't think I'd recommend Hotaru no Hikari again. I've done that many times already :lol many might already have been annoyed.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Jul 23rd, '09, 12:33

OK, then I will recommend it. Hotaru no Hikari is one of my all time favorites. Everyone should see it.

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Jul 23rd, '09, 12:34

This drama just started up and only 2 episodes in but it seems to be incredibly good already, Ninkyo Helper. I just love the protagonists attitude and the way he carries himself in this drama. To be honest I didn't think that Kusanagi Tsuyoshi would be a good actor for the job but I had to eat my words on that.

cantaboy

Post by cantaboy » Jul 23rd, '09, 14:15

lol wmcnair370. ^^ maybe I'll look for a new drama similar to that.

Hey, at last, someone recommended a new drama. I just read the dramawiki page and the second episode's title seems like it is one to touch people.

It's nice to have a drama that can make you shed a tear or two (or make you hold them tears back).

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jul 23rd, '09, 21:03

Maemi wrote:Hello everyone! I need a help! I'm looking for this type of Jdoramas:

Cold, rich, hot guy falls in love with some cute, poor girl. (they can't stand each other at the beginning, but fall in love later)

Thanks in advance ^^
I have to agree with cantaboy. Your best bet for lots of those kinds of dramas will be in the Kdrama section. Let me know if you would like for me to recommend some good ones. I have been watching current 2008 and 2009 kdramas for the past month...addictive!

VampirePaladin

Post by VampirePaladin » Jul 24th, '09, 03:41

I am a long time fan of anime and I wanted to take the leap to J-Dramas.

I watched and really loved Cutie Honey The Live, Garo and Sh15uya. I love fantasy and scifi, so if anyone could recommend anything with either of those that would be nice.

Real life drama wise I never liked stuff that is too soap opera like. I really did enjoy this Chinese drama movie though. The translated title was "Eat, Drink, Man, Woman."

I am sorry I am not giving out much information, but I really don't know where to go now in even looking for shows.

jewish_hotdog

Post by jewish_hotdog » Jul 24th, '09, 06:10

I just watched proposal daikusen and loved it..

Is there a similar drama one could recommend that is similar?

Typical formula: regret, love, chasing..

Jimbobaka

Recommendations for a Romantic Comedy Drama

Post by Jimbobaka » Jul 24th, '09, 09:43

First off, I apologize if this topic is in the wrong forum and if it's in the incorrect place I don't mind any moderator moving it to its rightful place.

Okay now that we're done with Forum Formalities...

I am in dire need of recommendations for new dramas. I've been trying to go through synopsis' of different dramas on DramaWiki but can't seem to pinpoint a drama that really catches my eye.

I have enjoyed the following series:

Densha Otoko
Proposal Daisakusen
Himitsu no Hanazono
Kiken na Aneki
Star no Koi
Nodame Cantabile
Suppli

If anyone knows any series that have the same sort of comedy and romance formula or vibe I would gladly appreciate any recommendations. Sadly I am no fluent in Japanese so if possible I would appreciate any dramas that have english subtitles (hard or soft).

More or less Proposal, Star, and Densha match my tastes perfectly but I am willing to try different series or even dramas that play more on the comedic side than the romance. I've been rewatching a lot of the above series here and there but I am in need of something new to fill my drama cravings! I've been on hiatus from dramas for a good year and a half so I sort of lost touch with everything so to speak. My recent re-introduction into the drama scene sparked when I was finally able to purchase a new TV and rig it as a 2nd monitor to my computer. I popped in Densha Otoko for the first time in a year and it looks splendid on the TV, so I decided to try and look for new shows to turn my attention to.

Any and all replies are greatly appreciated!

Thank you and I look forward to your responses!

xploring

Post by xploring » Jul 24th, '09, 10:02

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_10409.htm
This is the right place to ask, it's right above, one of the sticky's.

Churasan is very funny, even though it's very long, I highly recommend it.
And ... maybe Seikei Bijin and Muri na Renai

sasuke-kun010

Post by sasuke-kun010 » Jul 24th, '09, 10:22

i see what you're looking for .. try Hotaru no hikari i think you will like it

sasuke-kun010

Post by sasuke-kun010 » Jul 24th, '09, 10:35

Buzzer Beat is a love story drama of the same level as proposal daisakusen .

everyone who loved proposal would love it . well i think . it's only one episode subbed though

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Jul 24th, '09, 11:26

You should try and watch-

My Boss, My Hero (a must!! comedy w/ little highschool romance)

sasuke-kun010

Post by sasuke-kun010 » Jul 24th, '09, 11:38

My boss my hero is really a good one but it's Most comedy than romance .

Maybayla

Post by Maybayla » Jul 24th, '09, 12:17

I've ended to watch Byakuyakou and I am really impressed!!
May you recommend something like this?

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Jul 24th, '09, 12:31

sasuke-kun010 wrote:Buzzer Beat is a love story drama of the same level as proposal daisakusen .

everyone who loved proposal would love it . well i think . it's only one episode subbed though
Hated Proposal, love Buzzer Beat, but then I really like Keiko and Saki. I think Buzzer Beat is much better than Proposal, so I would watch it even if you didn't like Proposal.

Zeineb

Post by Zeineb » Jul 24th, '09, 13:04

*edit*
Last edited by Zeineb on May 27th, '10, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.

sasuke-kun010

Post by sasuke-kun010 » Jul 24th, '09, 13:08

i hated 1 pound .. it seemed really that actors were forcing them self ..

aside that every drama you montioned was Good

sasuke-kun010

Post by sasuke-kun010 » Jul 24th, '09, 13:11

Wow you hated proposal ??? hh well ppl's taste will always surprise me .. anyway Buzzer beat is Good

shannobi

Post by shannobi » Jul 24th, '09, 13:24

Orange Days was romantic, dramatic, and there were really funny parts. Not THAT much funny though, but I don't think you should miss this.

r3ika

Post by r3ika » Jul 24th, '09, 13:26

My Boss, My Hero

Nodame^^

some are K's

Caradoc

Post by Caradoc » Jul 24th, '09, 13:30

Maemi wrote:Cold, rich, hot guy falls in love with some cute, poor girl. (they can't stand each other at the beginning, but fall in love later)
Has to be Hotaro no Hikari, subbed by DoReMii. I wept like a little girl LOL

Jimbobaka

Post by Jimbobaka » Jul 24th, '09, 16:11

Thank you all for the recommendations!

I have all these series qued up in my BT. I'm going to sample the first 3 episodes of each drama and see which ones I want to follow up on.

Again I appreciate the help and I have the sticky recommend thread bookmarked for further browsing and posting.

If there's any other shows someone would like to toss into my download cauldron please do so. I'm going to have a free weekend next week and will probably stay home and relax while watching all these dramas.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Jul 24th, '09, 17:04

Do you know kekkon dekinai otoko?
This is comedy, with a love story.

Funny with a one sided(?) love is one pound gospel. i can recommend this.

Love twists is the plot of love shuffle, a drama which i enjoy. Not much comedy, but funny plot/situations and you try to figure out which couples will result.

If you like comedy as nodame, you can check the plot of Hana Kimi or hana yori dango.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 24th, '09, 17:54

Definitely hotatu no hikari!! Funniest Love-Com ever!

*Satorare* - there's a joung doctor whose thoughts are "heard" by everybody around him but he's kept unaware of it...could you go out with somebody like him??

*Lunch Queen* - was also pretty funny and had a heart-touching romance plot.

*Zettai Kareshi* - can't take romance with a (hot) robot serious, can you?

mii-t

Post by mii-t » Jul 24th, '09, 21:27

Definitely check out Kekkon Dekinai Otoko and Love Shuffle.

Also, I agree, Orange Days isn't a comedy, but has some funny parts (I'm a little biased, though, because it's one of my favorite dramas).

Two others I'd recommend are Sasaki Fusai no Jingi Naki Tatakai (more comedy than romance) and Around 40 (more balanced).

mii-t

Post by mii-t » Jul 24th, '09, 21:28

Also, for anyone living in Southern California, I believe Love Shuffle is being broadcast on UTB starting this Sunday, 7/26.

jewish_hotdog

Post by jewish_hotdog » Jul 25th, '09, 12:22

Caradoc wrote:
Maemi wrote:Cold, rich, hot guy falls in love with some cute, poor girl. (they can't stand each other at the beginning, but fall in love later)
Has to be Hotaro no Hikari, subbed by DoReMii. I wept like a little girl LOL
Seen that one... Anything along the same lines

jewish_hotdog

Post by jewish_hotdog » Jul 25th, '09, 12:26

sasuke-kun010 wrote:Buzzer Beat is a love story drama of the same level as proposal daisakusen .

Apparenlty that drama is extremely recent. I will def put it on a "to watch list"; however, is there any other drama that is already subbed and complete?

sasuke-kun010

Post by sasuke-kun010 » Jul 25th, '09, 13:01

yes there are drama that are subbed and complete like Hotaru no hikari and love shuffle

r3ika

Post by r3ika » Jul 25th, '09, 16:46

Love Shuffle! = Yuriko!! XD

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Jul 25th, '09, 18:25

r3ika wrote:Love Shuffle! = Yuriko!! XD
ya, panda.

To my shame i must say, after watching love shuffle i did not regonize her at shiroi haru.

I think i will do a rerun of love shuffle this weekend.

Semaru

Post by Semaru » Jul 25th, '09, 18:35

Maemi wrote:Hello everyone! I need a help! I'm looking for this type of Jdoramas:

Thanks in advance ^^
Yup, I agree K-dramas are the best place to look... they have this dynamic alot...one of my favorites is "One percent of Anything". the main characters fit your description exactly. Here's the drama wiki link:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/One_Percent_of_Anything

You could also try Atashinchi no Danshi, although I haven't watch it all the way to the end, so I dunno if it actually has a romantic ending.
Wiki link: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Atashinchi_no_Danshi

Burnin Blu

Post by Burnin Blu » Jul 25th, '09, 18:48

definitely
Love Shuffle
Hotaru no Hikari

but i think korean dramas have much more and are a little better in the romantic comedy genre check out
What's Up Fox
When It's at Night
City Hall
Witch Yoo Hee

but Love Shuffle to date outclasses all of them

r3ika

Post by r3ika » Jul 26th, '09, 05:44

k361 wrote:
r3ika wrote:Love Shuffle! = Yuriko!! XD
ya, panda.

To my shame i must say, after watching love shuffle i did not regonize her at shiroi haru.

I think i will do a rerun of love shuffle this weekend.
dude, have you seen her movie Hebi ni Piasu? [snakes & earrings/piercing]

if not, you'll get shocked at her role.. :-(

jewish_hotdog

Post by jewish_hotdog » Jul 26th, '09, 08:12

sasuke-kun010 wrote:yes there are drama that are subbed and complete like Hotaru no hikari and love shuffle
Hey thanks!

Seen Hotaru no hikari: it was pretty good. Going to give love shuffle a try.

Any more recommendations?

archive18

Post by archive18 » Jul 26th, '09, 08:18

Most of the sugguestions I have seen here I think that I can agree on but how about some others:

It started with a Kiss - Ariel Lin and Joe Cheng
City Hall - Cha Seung Won and Kim Sun Ah
That Fool - Hwang Jung Min and Kim Ah Joong

All three of these are great, give them a try.

Hope you like them :D

cantaboy

Post by cantaboy » Jul 26th, '09, 09:30

Buzzer Beat is surprisingly good.

sasuke-kun010

Post by sasuke-kun010 » Jul 26th, '09, 10:47

i think innocent love is good as well

sinnie

Post by sinnie » Jul 26th, '09, 16:07

Konichiwa! I am new here and still sort of new to the Jdrama world.
I have watched and love so far these. Any recommendations on what I like? (most of them I have read the mangas for and thats how I decided to watch them.)

zettai kareshi
Koizora
hanazakari no kimi tachi
hana yori dango
kimi wa petto

Semaru

Post by Semaru » Jul 26th, '09, 16:27

jewish_hotdog wrote:
sasuke-kun010 wrote:yes there are drama that are subbed and complete like Hotaru no hikari and love shuffle
Hey thanks!

Seen Hotaru no hikari: it was pretty good. Going to give love shuffle a try.

Any more recommendations?
You might try these:

Bara no nai Hanaya
Iguana no Musume
Hanayome wa Yakudoshi!
Mukodono 2003

They're all complete and in the same genre as Hotaru no Hikari

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Jul 27th, '09, 23:42

sinnie wrote:Konichiwa! I am new here and still sort of new to the Jdrama world.
I have watched and love so far these. Any recommendations on what I like? (most of them I have read the mangas for and thats how I decided to watch them.)

zettai kareshi
Koizora
hanazakari no kimi tachi
hana yori dango
kimi wa petto
In the manga realm, you might like:

Nodame Cantabile
Proposal Daisakusen
Atashinchi no Danshi
Hotaru no Hikari

Outside of the manga realm (totally recommend these especially if there isn't a manga for it since you won't know what's going to happen next):

My Boss My Hero
Love Shuffle
Kekkon Dekinai Otoko
Nobuta wo Produce
1 Litre of Tears
Byakuyakou

sinnie

Post by sinnie » Jul 27th, '09, 23:47

In the manga realm, you might like:

Nodame Cantabile
Proposal Daisakusen
Atashinchi no Danshi
Hotaru no Hikari

Outside of the manga realm (totally recommend these especially if there isn't a manga for it since you won't know what's going to happen next):

My Boss My Hero
Love Shuffle
Kekkon Dekinai Otoko
Nobuta wo Produce
1 Litre of Tears
Byakuyakou
Thanks! I think Nodame Cantabile has a j-drama and I have been looking for it. I have the first episode of Byakuyakou but haven't seen it yet. I will look into these others too!!