girl date a guy with less educaiton and status, and money

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
joewong

girl date a guy with less educaiton and status, and money

Post by joewong » May 10th, '09, 02:20

hey just wondering my friend who is asian was wondering this -would a girl with a bachelors degree, makes more money, drive a nicer car date or go out with a guy with lower education, makes less, and drives a less $$ car. if so why would she date him-is the reason b/c she can;t find that guy that is more educated and makes more money and drives a more $ car.

if your a girl esp asian i like to hear your advice, he told me asians are more into status and money and....etc he is chinese.

he said its a reason he doesn;t approach girls since he sees on their pof education that they have higher educaiton and status.

girl3744

Post by girl3744 » May 10th, '09, 02:59

I'm Asian and I don't think status matter too much on my end. What matters is his height, of course and his looks plus personality. However, there is one condition though. Regardless of his status, I still want him to be a hard-working person. I won't date or even talk to anyone if they've investigated too deep into my career background and "always" talk about my career background when we talk. That's leaves "bad" impressions and it would make me think he's more interested in my career background than who I am as a person.

Tell your friend, if he's interested in the girl, don't think too much about her status and just purely ask her out. Hope this helps your friend.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » May 10th, '09, 03:04

What is your own take on this?

Frankly speaking, your audacity for continuously posting subjects like this astounds me.

I think it would help if you don't end up offending the female sex, especially those of Asian ethnicity in every topic you've started. Or maybe start a topic that has some merit to the question being answered.

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » May 10th, '09, 03:21

All it comes down to is personal preferences and view. I'm an Asian who grew up in Asia but I've never look and think about a person by his/her "status."

joewong

Post by joewong » May 10th, '09, 03:42

girl3744 wrote:I'm Asian and I don't think status matter too much on my end. What matters is his height, of course and his looks plus personality. However, there is one condition though. Regardless of his status, I still want him to be a hard-working person. I won't date or even talk to anyone if they've investigated too deep into my career background and "always" talk about my career background when we talk. That's leaves "bad" impressions and it would make me think he's more interested in my career background than who I am as a person.

Tell your friend, if he's interested in the girl, don't think too much about her status and just purely ask her out. Hope this helps your friend.
why would asking about ones career so much be a turnoff-u get to now how successful the person is

cool_drama
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by cool_drama » May 10th, '09, 04:31

Practically speaking...our asian parents want us to go out(and eventually marry) with people of good status because they want us to live a good and easy life. That's their view as parents.

If I am a girl..which I don't think I am...I would pay more attention to guys that are confident regardless of status. Those guys will stand out. That would be my view as a girl...which I am not...maybe.

girl3744

Post by girl3744 » May 11th, '09, 15:40

joewong wrote:
girl3744 wrote:I'm Asian and I don't think status matter too much on my end. What matters is his height, of course and his looks plus personality. However, there is one condition though. Regardless of his status, I still want him to be a hard-working person. I won't date or even talk to anyone if they've investigated too deep into my career background and "always" talk about my career background when we talk. That's leaves "bad" impressions and it would make me think he's more interested in my career background than who I am as a person.

why would asking about ones career so much be a turnoff-u get to now how successful the person is
Why? Well, first of all, if he already knows about my educational background, why keep asking me? Wouldn't that seems like he's more "interested" in how high my education is and how much I make per year? Most women are more interested in finding true love and true love doesn't required money. Therefore, anything about money related would be the last as conversational topic. Besides, wouldn't it be more awkward if the topic came up and she has a lot to talk about while he has nothing to say?

Also, a lot of Asian parents are like what "cool_drama" said. We just want someone to love us no matter what situation we are in.

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » May 11th, '09, 16:48

It's you again... Well, I'll answer as I wait for my latest purchases from iTunes to download onto my new Touch.

First of all, it's not about money or looks or family or race or anything like that. It's about how a girl FEELS when she is with the guy. Does she feel cherished? Secure? Safe? Happy? Does he give her what she needs? For different girls, that may be time or thoughtfulness or money or little gifts from time to time.

If you're going to talk about shallow things, then: I would not consider a serious long term relationship with somebody who's not an EU member, Australian, Canadian, or American. Why? Because it does not make me feel secure to know that the other person may be dating me for my citizenship. Is it unfair and discriminating? Yes. But it's my gut feeling so I'm not going to force something emotional on myself just to be "fair".

For other girls, yes, it is about cars and degrees and what not. But you're being extremely shallow when you say all girls are like that. It would be as stupid as a girl assuming all guys like tall, willowy types when in fact some men (especially the shorter ones) prefer a shorter girl. Basically, we all have our preferences.

However, having said all that: Bachelor's degree is easy as pie, especially if you're in Canada (or the States). If you have not accomplished something spectacular and don't have a Bachelor's (and are not pursuing one either), I would see that as a sign of laziness and lack of ambition. As for a car, who cares? I can blow 10k away on a better car or I can let it sit nicely in my savings account.

As for the money thing, it's not about how much money you make, but how much you are willing to spend. For example, I'm a girl who likes to travel and do more expensive sports (skiing, horseback riding, skydiving). If you can't do that with me because of money issues, then you're just going to seem less fun to me. And we wouldn't get along that well. And it wouldn't be comfortable for you either, because you'd be adding up how much you've spent "for" the girl instead of as just spending money to have fun for yourself.

Lastly, nobody likes people who are intimidated of them. I would want somebody who's willing to give me their honest opinion, but if I know a guy is intimidated by me, then I know that he will say things to make me happy which are not his real thoughts. A relationship like that is no relationship at all. So as "your friend" obviously are intimidated by women because of their status and financial circumstances, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy that a relationship wouldn't work out with a girl he's intimidated by.

Now my question to you is: Do you actually read these responses or do you just go "hahaha, look at them get all emotionally riled up about it"?

dabogy

educated girl dating a less educ man??

Post by dabogy » Jul 14th, '09, 08:43

there's no wrong with that regardless of the status the hold as long as they enjoy each others company- that is what matters most.

nankasento

Post by nankasento » Aug 20th, '09, 19:22

I don't care if joewong reads the comments or not, I do and it always cracks me up, obvious troll is obvious but amusing nonetheless.

bomber1122

Post by bomber1122 » Jan 13th, '10, 12:22

Well the girl WILL hinder the guys mental state just based on society, men WANT to Provide for women, women CHOOSE who they want to be provided by. Eventually the guy has to lead the relationship or its gonna sour out the female "dominacne" will treaten the males NATURAL provideness