[Discussion] Gakeppuchi no Hero / Buzzer Beat (Yamapi)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
emmy21

Post by emmy21 » Aug 17th, '09, 12:57

rurikomai.. did u watch that on keyhole? you must have much better connection that i do. i had a massive headache trying to watch it, and it didn't even show that scene due to the lagging!

can't wait till i can watch it properly!

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Aug 17th, '09, 13:02

emmy21 wrote:rurikomai.. did u watch that on keyhole? you must have much better connection that i do. i had a massive headache trying to watch it, and it didn't even show that scene due to the lagging!

can't wait till i can watch it properly!
yep...
my connections fine here, but some lagging too, luckily i captured the best scene :wub:

iamme

Post by iamme » Aug 17th, '09, 13:13

wow.....now am really looking forward to watching the 6th episode.
I suppose naoki & riko is on another step of their relationship now?

FArAZ0990

Post by FArAZ0990 » Aug 17th, '09, 20:13

rurikomai wrote:XDDD
eps 6 was supper cute
heres a bigger one :lol
:wub:

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Aug 18th, '09, 02:14

wer dyu get that big cap...

emmy21

Post by emmy21 » Aug 18th, '09, 16:35

Just watched episode 6. It was good! This drama definitely deserves better ratings.
Am glad that both Riko and Naoki have begun to realise their feelings for each other, and Riko was honest enough to tell Kawasaki.

Kawasaki-san is really playing the psychological games eh... making Riko feel guilty, and telling Naoki that he trusts him (and I think he said "I'll be back" at the end? lol).

Poor Shuji.. He looked especially puppy-dog sad this week.

And hmm... who is the mystery person that Utsu can't forget?

I also have absolutely no sympathy at all for Natsuki this week. She deserves a scruffy dirty looking Yoyogi who demands to be served beer and food.

On a side note, has Mai been neglecting her skin care? Can't help but notice that her skin is getting worse. :lol

Anyway for episode 7 trailers, I guess Naoki is guilt stricken and thus tells Riko that they shouldn't meet anymore. I wonder if that was what earned him the slap though.

Next week's episode will be 15 mins longer. Can't wait! :w00t:

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 18th, '09, 16:42

about Utsu
I have a feeling that he might have been secretly in love with Kawasaki. there has been hints all over the drama specially when he talks to him or looks at him.

hateytb

Post by hateytb » Aug 18th, '09, 21:07

Issy wrote:about Utsu
I have a feeling that he might have been secretly in love with Kawasaki. there has been hints all over the drama specially when he talks to him or looks at him.
if that is really true, what you said then i dont know what to think xD

nozomi05

Post by nozomi05 » Aug 18th, '09, 21:41

hello... i just would like to know but what day does the torrent for the new episodes usually get posted? I would like to update my calendar and make sure to get the episodes as soon as i could. heheheh. been checking the site every hour. i need to get a life. heheheh

nozomi05

Post by nozomi05 » Aug 18th, '09, 21:41

hello... i just would like to know but what day does the torrent for the new episodes usually get posted? I would like to update my calendar and make sure to get the episodes as soon as i could. heheheh. been checking the site every hour. i need to get a life. heheheh :crazy:

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Aug 18th, '09, 21:55

It depends because there is no set schedule. It may be here Wednesday or Thursday, but don't be surprised if you do not see it until Friday, so you just have to look every day.

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Aug 19th, '09, 03:19

Issy wrote:about Utsu
I was taking Mai's comments about him not too seriously. But after episode 5, I'm really starting to wonder, too. :whistling: Especially how they always appear together. I didn't watch episode 6 yet but from the screen caps:
Riko and Naoki are sure moving fast compared to Riko and Kawasaki! :P

nozomi05

Post by nozomi05 » Aug 19th, '09, 03:48

Just watched episode 6 and i could understand just a few words bt still happy the way the way the story is moving along. really like riko and naoki together. :cheers:

rui89

Post by rui89 » Aug 19th, '09, 08:11

this isn't really a spoiler but did any1 feel sorry for natsuki after watching ep6?
like i really hated her ever since ep1 till now cos shes sucha fake cheating biatch etc. everytime she came onscreen i'd be like shouting at my monitor lol. but when i saw 'that' scene i duno.. she deserved it but i could somehow.. feel her loneliness o-O

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 19th, '09, 12:52

YES, about mai's comment about utsu, although i was taking it lightly and not seriously but i also had doubt in my mind too because they just won't be having this hint if it was not true.
not a good idea to hint that at the begining too and i thought it would have been better if they have left out those comments even though they were very funny. :lol
not sure how it is in japanese dramas but to imply that someone is homosexual in any sort of hints and then prove it to be not, not politically right. IMP :scratch:
plus, i was always curious about Utsu when he was with kawasaki. :P
about Natsuki
to be honest did not feel sorry for her at all. infact i was kind of mad at her because she ignored Naoki and made everyone wonder about it when it she was the one cheated on him.
about Kawasaki
I really liked him from ep1 but what i really hope is that he does not come back as a evil person trying to keep riko even though he knows that she does not like him. i thought it was horrible of him to introduce her as the girl his dating with marriage intention when she just told him she likes some one else just a minute ago.
not to mention teasing Naoki saying that he does believe in him making him feeling guilty intentionally.
as i said, i really like kawasaki and i really hope that his character does not disappoint me.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Aug 19th, '09, 15:56

Just finished watching episode 6
I don't think Kawasaki is going to give Riko up so easily, especially after he introduces her to his parents as the girl he is dating with the intent to marry.

I think Riko at some level still wants Naoki to be a friend and not a lover, so I think things are not going to go well for awhile. I expect it will be this way for most of the rest of the dorama.

And what is wrong with Naoki's foot? Guess I will have to wait for the sub, or Viikii to get more of their sub done.

emmy21

Post by emmy21 » Aug 19th, '09, 17:01

About Natsuki, Kawasaki and Naoki....
I did feel quite sympathetic towards Natsuki in ep 5 as she seemed devastated and I could somewhat empathise with why she was unhappy with Naoki in the relationship. However, the way she behaved in ep 6 was really low when she asked Yoyogi to contact her when back in Tokyo in front of Naoki and the rest. Plus her whining to Utsu that she got dumped. Urgh. So I don't feel sorry for her at all. She got herself into this mess.

Kawasaki seemed a little bit scary and aggressive in ep 6, quite different from how he was earlier. He definitely isn't planning to give up on Riko.

For Naoki, it seems that he's might have a loose body (small fragment of bone or cartilage) floating in his ankle joint that causes pain or inflammation and may require surgery to remove.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Aug 19th, '09, 21:07

About Naoki and Riko:
I think it's quite awesome how the whole course of events/interactions and then leading to what happened in episodes 5 and 6 (for the two of them) has unfolded, unveiling a little junai factor in their relationship. And how it gives you the feeling that you can't help it but want to root for them.

Onigir1

Post by Onigir1 » Aug 19th, '09, 23:50

This past two episodes have been intense, huh? Can't help but wonder where this is heading to but I'm enjoying it very much. Spoilers for ep 6 ahead.

As for Natsuki
No, I didn't feel bad for her at all, and I'm usually a very forgiving person, in episodes 3-4 I realized why she was acting like that and felt bad for her, but now? After how she acted in the last episode as if it was no big deal and Naoki should forgive her and especially now, trying to play the victim? Big no for me, so I pointed and laughed when she cried. She deserved it.
and Kawasaki...
I wasn't expecting him to react like this, honestly. I quite agree with what Issy said, the way he acted even though he is aware those two have feelings for each other was kind of low. Understandable, since he really wants to be with Riko, but low. Why would you want to cling to someone that has already stated likes someone else? I can't relate to that. I still don't think he's a bad person at all, just competitive, so I'm hoping he gives up eventually when he realizes he's lost.
And of course, Naoki/Riko
They are so adorable! :wub: Things sure progressed so much in so little time, but that kiss... after that and next week's preview I'm not sure what to expect anymore, Naoki seems to be very drawn to her and at the same time utterly confused with it all whereas Riko sems... very much in love with him and aware of it too. I couldn't help but go all "AWWW, how cute" when she put his key-chain on her violin case
Well, they still have 5 episodes to figure it all out, and the next one is 15 minutes longer, YAY :w00t:

Ps. I want more of Shuji and Mai :mrgreen:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Aug 20th, '09, 02:01

FArAZ0990 wrote:
rurikomai wrote:XDDD
eps 6 was supper cute
heres a bigger one :lol
oh my this happen already :O ... so how much episodes is there in this drama :scratch:

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Aug 20th, '09, 02:20

I am tellling you to not believe the screenshots.
Riko is very conflicted. One part of her loves Naoki, and one part of her isn't willing to give Naoki up as a freind. I think that this is the part that will be winning in the next eposode, and I do not expect it to go to love for at least two or three episodes, maybe even four.

sweetcandy_

Post by sweetcandy_ » Aug 20th, '09, 10:36

I just ewatched ep.5 of Buzzer Beat. The ending was awesome but am I the only one who thinks that Naoki's reaction was way too calm when he saw his gf and the sleazy guy kissing ??? I keep wandering if it is the script or Yamapi acting poorly. Still Yamapi is the very reason I became a J-drama fan a year and a half ago when I watched Nobuta wo Produce but still he is rough on the edges in the other doramas he's been in since then. I want to see the old Yamapi again, but he seems to have changed too much :-( I do hope the Pipi I first liked is still in there somewhere. It is true that he is acting more mature now and maybe I am the one who is too childish... anyway :D I will keep cheering for him to improve in everything he does, because in spite of these little details he IS awesome. Ganbatte, YamaPi !!!

Now I can't wait for the subs for ep.6 to come out. Something very interesting is about to happen, it seems :-)

taylor

Post by taylor » Aug 20th, '09, 11:26

I agree with everything that you say about Riko, Naoki and Kawasaki neh. I just don't like the part where Riko does not want to give Naoki up as a friend. :scratch: For Naoki, he has to come around with his feelings for Riko. Lastly, Kawasaki needs to give Riko up eventually.

Aaahhh can't wait for Ep 6 subs... :cheers:

emmy21

Post by emmy21 » Aug 20th, '09, 12:42

sweetcandy, regarding Naoki's reaction....
I think he probably wasn't shocked as he had already begun to suspect that Natuski was cheating on him with Yoyogi cos of the arm band he saw at Natsuki's house, and Natsuki's weird reaction when watching the news abt Yoyogi being injured.

jica

Post by jica » Aug 20th, '09, 15:25

About Naoki's reaction...
I think that different persons act different in situations. I think he was shocked and angry but then we have his pride, and it wouldn't allow him to rage out. In that very second he made his conclusions and already judged her, it was like he wouldn't even give her a chance to explain. What good is an explanation anyway, since he already has caught her? I was actually very happy at his reaction, that cold treatment he gave her really made her guilty and ashamed. I was even more happy when he broke up with her. Maybe that is a bit harsh, not giving the other person a second chance when they've made a mistake, I'm not sure if he thought she wasn't worthy anymore to be with him, or he couldn't forgive the betrayal, anyway, I'm glad that he wasn't shilly-shallying but firmly broke up. Yay!

Lol. But his behaviour is a bit girly, no? Not answering phone, put it away so he didn't hear it. I think Naoki was very forgiving in the end, blessing the new couple and asking the other guy to take care of his former girlfriend. Most people would wish them to hell...
About Pi's acting... a lot of people say that he is a bad actor, that all he has is his looks. I'm not sure, actually I think he has been good in most dramas he's been in. In this one, he managed to make his character sympathic, you can feel with him and cheer for him, even fall in love with. I'm totally okay with his actings. ^^

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Aug 20th, '09, 16:00

jica wrote:About Naoki's reaction...
I think that different persons act different in situations. I think he was shocked and angry but then we have his pride, and it wouldn't allow him to rage out. In that very second he made his conclusions and already judged her, it was like he wouldn't even give her a chance to explain. What good is an explanation anyway, since he already has caught her? I was actually very happy at his reaction, that cold treatment he gave her really made her guilty and ashamed. I was even more happy when he broke up with her. Maybe that is a bit harsh, not giving the other person a second chance when they've made a mistake, I'm not sure if he thought she wasn't worthy anymore to be with him, or he couldn't forgive the betrayal, anyway, I'm glad that he wasn't shilly-shallying but firmly broke up. Yay!

Lol. But his behaviour is a bit girly, no? Not answering phone, put it away so he didn't hear it. I think Naoki was very forgiving in the end, blessing the new couple and asking the other guy to take care of his former girlfriend. Most people would wish them to hell...
About Pi's acting... a lot of people say that he is a bad actor, that all he has is his looks. I'm not sure, actually I think he has been good in most dramas he's been in. In this one, he managed to make his character sympathic, you can feel with him and cheer for him, even fall in love with. I'm totally okay with his actings. ^^
I dunno... well, we're all entitled to our opinions, but in even drama I saw him in, he was just.. there. And in Nobuta, he was just trying toooooo hard and it was quite annoying. But in this drama, I think he's also there, but he comes off as a regular person. Not some manly man, but not some girl guy... just a regular guy. I think he facial expressions are just good... because he looks like a sad puppy dog a LOT (and I don't think he is much of a looker) But yeah, for me, he's just there in the drama. Not trying to stand out or anything which isn't bad.
As for his reaction to the breakup, I think it was fine. I would have slapped him if he did forgive her and went back out with her. And I really wanted to punch Natsuki. She didn't sound that believable because she's always phony around him anyway. She was never honest about her feelings, so why should she be forgiven? I think no matter what, cheating is the absolute wrong. Someone shouldn't have to act a certain way so "her eyes won't look aat someone else." She needed to talk properly about her she feels, just like she wanted to talk properly about him catching her cheating. Even if the relationship is going really bad, cheating isn't the answer and no one makes someone cheat (unless they're being threatened) and if she wanted a bad boy, then she should have just broken it off a long time ago. Not ONLY that, she lied AGAIN after being caught, because she said it started when his leg was messed up, and Yoyogi said it happened back when he beat him on one-on-one. She's just too deceitful to take back...

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 20th, '09, 16:37

YES, i think everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. as for Yamapi, i think he is not bad. not a very good actor but not very bad one either. as for me, i liked him the best as Akira in NWP. that made me want to watch more of his dramas but unfortunately did not find his other characters as interesting as NWP so i kind of gave up on him. but still have to say that he is very cute. as it said above not girly pretty.

as for Natsuki
to e honest, i was kind of angry at Naoki for telling Yoyogi to take good care of her and try to protect her. but i thought they wanted to show Naoki a super nice guy here but still he needed to show more frustration and anger about her cheating. he had all the reasons.
from the start, she was never honest with him. she is different when was with him and gets into different character when he is not there.
she never believed in his goals and what he wanted to achieve. even if he was a guy who had problem working hard for what he wants, then she should have been more supportive.
she only looks at Naoki as superstar player, the fact that she totally accepted yoyogi's offer to go out with him if he beats Naoki in the game is the prove. if she had a chance to date someother player better than Naoki, she would have dumped him for sure. and when Yoyogi showed up, ti was her chance.
even when she got cought, she still insisted to lie and say it's just was for that moment. i seriousl wanted to strungle her at that time. :crazy:
and after everything and when was dumped, she ignores Naoki try to give extra attention to Yoyogi like rubbing salt to new wound.

I was so happy that Naoki x Natsuki story ended so early in the drama rather than dragging it till last eps. i would have been really disappointed if Naoki forgave her (well, he kind of did) and went back to her. i think i would stopped watching it.

being lonely is not enough reason to cheat. if she had problem with Naoki, then she should have talked about it. and it does not help saying it when she already cheated on him. like making excuses for herself for not feeling guilty for cheating (or atleast not shown properly of her feeling guilty if she was).

sakura_leaves

My Opinion..........

Post by sakura_leaves » Aug 21st, '09, 00:20

In my opinion YamaPi is a very cute actor, i think he generally gets his point and feelings across his biggest advantage is that he is just so darn sexy, which i consider a crime. But as YamaPi is generally a humble and shy person in real life i applaud him when he acts goofy or serious, if there is anything at all that bothers me about him is his kissing scenes. Dear lord i'm not sure if he's just shy or if he's not good at it at all but someone needs to help him with that part. In any case i am and will continue to be a big fan of his rooting for him.

As far as him in Buzzer Beat i think he's doing a good job and i His chemistry with Keiko is off the walls, you can feel it so clearly the tension and desire to want to be with each other even if its an unconscious gesture on both their parts.

Anyways i can't wait for episode 7, crossing my fingers maybe something will happen since this episode is going to be 15 minutes longer!

«minah»

Re: My Opinion..........

Post by «minah» » Aug 21st, '09, 00:35

sakura_leaves wrote:In my opinion YamaPi is a very cute actor, i think he generally gets his point and feelings across his biggest advantage is that he is just so darn sexy, which i consider a crime. But as YamaPi is generally a humble and shy person in real life i applaud him when he acts goofy or serious, if there is anything at all that bothers me about him is his kissing scenes. Dear lord i'm not sure if he's just shy or if he's not good at it at all but someone needs to help him with that part. In any case i am and will continue to be a big fan of his rooting for him.

As far as him in Buzzer Beat i think he's doing a good job and i His chemistry with Keiko is off the walls, you can feel it so clearly the tension and desire to want to be with each other even if its an unconscious gesture on both their parts.

Anyways i can't wait for episode 7, crossing my fingers maybe something will happen since this episode is going to be 15 minutes longer!
I think it's because he's a Johnny Boy and the show is directed to many fangirls (which is why they call my sweeet Keiko fat >.< haters!) So I think that's why his kisses sucks.

nagikokiyohara

Post by nagikokiyohara » Aug 21st, '09, 01:03

I'm crazy obsessed with the show so far. Watched ep 5 tonight and going to wait for subs for 6 since my Japanese is not good enough to watch raw. I've watched most of Pi's dramas and I think this is the best job he's ever done in a role so far. In fact, I can't help but really think Naoki is wonderful. He really is just a normal guy -- conflicted, imperfect, but truly kind and always trying his best. To me, this is more touching than a perfect guy who always does everything right ... it's more realistic. It even makes up for the crunchy hair ;)

Really interested to see where this series is going to go, but it's the best one I've watched in a while. :wub:

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Aug 21st, '09, 13:46

Just watched the kiss scene subbed, and after Riko says "Baka" she says, "being friends. I can not do. I cannot do it." And Naoki is still in friend mode, and feels bad about the coach.

At the end coach tells Naoki that he saw Riko and him at training camp, and says, "Naoki, I trust you." Coach is not giving up, so I still do not like the outlook for the next three or four episodes. Things are not going to be happy until the coach gives Riko up, or Riko tells him off.
Last edited by wmcnair370 on Aug 21st, '09, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.

menaine

Post by menaine » Aug 21st, '09, 22:39

wmcnair370 wrote:
Just watched the kiss scene subbed, and after Riko says "Baka" she says, "being friends. I can not do. I cannot do it." And Naoki is still in friend mode, fell bad about the coach.

At the end coach tells Naoki that he saw Riko and him at training camp, and says, "Naoki, I trust you." Coach is not giving up, so I still do not like the outlook for the next three or four episodes. Things are not going to be happy until the coach gives Riko up, or Riko tells him off.
i want naoki soon realized about his own feeling, is it true that he just considering riko as a friend

ohohoho coach become more agressip and protecting riko, he knew that naoki is a very kind person, i thing it's kind of a 'soft warning' from coach that he won't let riko gone easy
btw,
I made a fanvid about yamapi-keiko
most of the scenes taking from buzzer beat..
so it contain spoiler

I love naoriko pair :wub:

sakura_leaves

Post by sakura_leaves » Aug 22nd, '09, 02:07

«minah» wrote:
sakura_leaves wrote:In my opinion YamaPi is a very cute actor, i think he generally gets his point and feelings across his biggest advantage is that he is just so darn sexy, which i consider a crime. But as YamaPi is generally a humble and shy person in real life i applaud him when he acts goofy or serious, if there is anything at all that bothers me about him is his kissing scenes. Dear lord i'm not sure if he's just shy or if he's not good at it at all but someone needs to help him with that part. In any case i am and will continue to be a big fan of his rooting for him.

I think it's because he's a Johnny Boy and the show is directed to many fangirls (which is why they call my sweeet Keiko fat >.< haters!) So I think that's why his kisses sucks.
No, being a part of Johnny's has nothing to do with it, KimuTaku and Kame are both Johnny trainees and they know what they're doing, yes they do, when they kiss its like 'ah thats nice' when Pi kisses its like 'you could so do better than that!' >_> he seriously frustrates me.....(sorry if i came off rude)

nagikokiyohara

Post by nagikokiyohara » Aug 22nd, '09, 02:39

sakura_leaves wrote:
«minah» wrote:

No, being a part of Johnny's has nothing to do with it, KimuTaku and Kame are both Johnny trainees and they know what they're doing, yes they do, when they kiss its like 'ah thats nice' when Pi kisses its like 'you could so do better than that!' >_> he seriously frustrates me.....(sorry if i came off rude)
You have a point. It's like, we want to see Pi kiss and we want us to make us wish it was us. Instead, it's like he's this super hot and sexy guy, and then he kisses a girl and you're like "...oh. " Why didn't like look hotter and more awesome? :O

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Aug 22nd, '09, 03:11

I used to think that Kame wasn't a good actor and that the only reason he was famous was because of him being a Johnny Boy. But when he is in one of my favorite dorama's of all time. Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, and it is a romance, well I got to give him some credit, cause you got to like both characters or the dorama is going to fail. I wonder if Yamapi has the ability to do it, because Buzzer Beat could be one of my favorite dorama's, but not with half a couple, and Yamapi is not doing it for me.

sakura_leaves

Post by sakura_leaves » Aug 22nd, '09, 04:02

nagikokiyohara wrote:
sakura_leaves wrote:
«minah» wrote:

You have a point. It's like, we want to see Pi kiss and we want us to make us wish it was us. Instead, it's like he's this super hot and sexy guy, and then he kisses a girl and you're like "...oh. " Why didn't like look hotter and more awesome? :O
Oh my gosh! yes! I totally feel that way too!!! he makes you want to jump into the tv/computer just to be like "okay stop, no that's wrong its like this." Why in the world is he so criminally sexy but not awesome when he kisses?! i think maybe because he hasn't had a good romance drama that has had more than one kiss, maybe with this one he will improve let us all pray and cross our fingers!

rebornsoul

Post by rebornsoul » Aug 22nd, '09, 06:13

anyone know where i can get the slower/emo or however u call it version of the theme song? its playing at the beginning of episode 6

doramnrose@gmail.com

Post by doramnrose@gmail.com » Aug 22nd, '09, 21:23

rebornsoul wrote:anyone know where i can get the slower/emo or however u call it version of the theme song? its playing at the beginning of episode 6
Yeah I want it too :(

nagikokiyohara

Post by nagikokiyohara » Aug 22nd, '09, 22:01

I'm on my way out the door so I can't check to be 100 percent sure, but I think that version is on the Buzzer Beat OST. Will listen when I get back to see! :D

kirasano

Post by kirasano » Aug 23rd, '09, 00:04

just loving this drama - YamaP at his finest!
does anyone know the song that plays whenever Riko and Naoki iare together alone, it's a piano rendition of an American song?
ty

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Aug 23rd, '09, 00:13

looks like confusing about what t do with their feeling huh :O

kirasano

Post by kirasano » Aug 23rd, '09, 07:17

for a better clarification on my inquiry earlier...
approx 6-7 minutes into ep 5 = there's a piano rendition of a song... does anyone know the title.......it's been playing whever Naoki and Riko are together or when he's at South Park...
tgank you..thank you.. thank you....

Phillykat

Post by Phillykat » Aug 23rd, '09, 08:02

I'm enjoying BB for what it is. I like Yamapi and his character. I don't recall him ever playing a such a "Mr. Nice Guy" before. He is or rather was a doormat. That kiss he gave Natsuki was supposed to suck. It was a respectful peck. Problem is his character was too dumb to realize she wanted more passion even when she asked him to lay down with her. She should have told him she was sick, but she'd done nothing but lie so why stop. It's obvious he'll wind up with Riiko but I hope they do a twist and he doesn't. I know.. dream on.

More that the overplayed obvious romance angle with the leads I'm enjoying the relationship between Mai, my favorite character actually, and Shuji. I also like the basketball action. It's actually really good. That happens with a lot of romance Jdoramas esp ones starring the younger Johnnies, I like the supporting story and background more than the main storyline.

michi77hp

Post by michi77hp » Aug 23rd, '09, 14:36

kirasano wrote:for a better clarification on my inquiry earlier...
approx 6-7 minutes into ep 5 = there's a piano rendition of a song... does anyone know the title.......it's been playing whever Naoki and Riko are together or when he's at South Park...
tgank you..thank you.. thank you....
it's " a day in a life" by the beatles

nagikokiyohara

Post by nagikokiyohara » Aug 23rd, '09, 18:49

doramnrose@gmail.com wrote:
rebornsoul wrote:anyone know where i can get the slower/emo or however u call it version of the theme song? its playing at the beginning of episode 6
Yeah I want it too :(
Ok, I checked and sure enough, it's track 18 on the Buzzer Beat OST. I believe it's downloadable on the torrent section of this site. Hope that helps! :lol

Alsoooo...just watched episode 6 with subs...and:
Gah, I'm more madly in love with Naoki as a character than ever. Seeing he and Riko finally kind of start to really realize they are feeling something about each other made me love them as a pairing more than anything I've seen in a long time (daresay as much as I loved Domyougi x Makino, gasp!). I want to say how the coach tried to manipulate Naoki's emotions in the end is messed up, but come on -- we know in the end Riko and Naoki will somehow end up together anyway. Still and all, I'm loving how this drama is going more than ever ... now, someone teach Pi how to show us an onscreen kiss that'll take our breath away! :wub:

hateytb

Post by hateytb » Aug 23rd, '09, 19:28

omg~ i just watch ep 6 and
that part where Riko and Naoki was at the bastketball court and they were laughing over that smoothness after peeling of the scab was the gross/weirdest thing i ever seen ina JDrama!!! xD it was sooo...weird! xD

jica

Post by jica » Aug 23rd, '09, 19:37

hateytb wrote:omg~ i just watch ep 6 and
that part where Riko and Naoki was at the bastketball court and they were laughing over that smoothness after peeling of the scab was the gross/weirdest thing i ever seen ina JDrama!!! xD it was sooo...weird! xD
I thought it was cute, and I agree with them, the skin under the scab is really smooth. Am I the only one? :mrgreen:

hateytb

Post by hateytb » Aug 23rd, '09, 19:46

jica wrote:
I thought it was cute, and I agree with them, the skin under the scab is really smooth. Am I the only one? :mrgreen:
not that i think it wasnt cute or anything xD
it was just funny yet weird to me~ xD and yes i do agree with them that it's really does feel smooth~ but i wont exactly want to touch someone else ex - scab spot~ lol
i cant say that the kiss in ep 6 was bad, because it wasnt exactly a kiss, more like a quick peck on the lip, and plus it came as a suprise for Naoki~ lol

hope if there's any more kiss in this drama, it wont be that bad anymore~ xD

jica

Post by jica » Aug 23rd, '09, 19:51

I haven't watched many Pi-kisses, I think he tried in Proposal, but it's not easy when the girl seemed to want to be somewhere else...
As for the kisses in this drama... the first kiss with Natsuki WAS supposed to be bad and passionless, to make her unsatisfied. The second kiss, with Riko, it was she who kissed/pecked him, so I think it's only natural that he didn't do anything. But yeah, I'm hoping for a nice kiss scene before the drama ends. XD

nagikokiyohara

Post by nagikokiyohara » Aug 23rd, '09, 21:19

jica wrote:I haven't watched many Pi-kisses, I think he tried in Proposal, but it's not easy when the girl seemed to want to be somewhere else...
As for the kisses in this drama... the first kiss with Natsuki WAS supposed to be bad and passionless, to make her unsatisfied. The second kiss, with Riko, it was she who kissed/pecked him, so I think it's only natural that he didn't do anything. But yeah, I'm hoping for a nice kiss scene before the drama ends. XD
Woo hoo, you and me both! :mrgreen:

xstarl1ght

Post by xstarl1ght » Aug 24th, '09, 03:40

jica wrote:
I agree it's smooth. but not to the extent that i'm so fascinated by it like Riko-chan. LOL. I found that weird too. lol.

I finished ep 6 as well!
I feel bad for Shuji cause he doesn't have a position. I just wanted to hug him then. >__<; Oh dear! What will happen with Naoki and Riko-chan! And in the preview Riko-chan slaps him. That looks cool LOL. Ahh.. so many complications. And what's up with Yoyogi? Why did he join a team if we doesn't have any team work. What's his problem? =/... And I feel a little bit bad for Natsuki. Her playing Street Fighter 4 all alone. :[.
and I doubt Natsuki and Riko-chan will become friends in the next episode.

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Aug 24th, '09, 05:57

Wow this drama is getting better and better. It started alright but things started to take off a few episodes later on. I lol at the "I'll be back " line heh. :P

sweetcandy_

Post by sweetcandy_ » Aug 24th, '09, 11:37

I just watched ep.6 and I'm getting more and more addicted to this series :D

About Kawasaki-san:
That coach Kawasaki-san is really playing dirty tricks. It is just so unfare of him to make Naoki and Riko feel guilty. But still, the harder they get to it, the more they'll treasure each other in the end, ne 8) What is more, I wonder if Kawasaki will play it professional WHEN Riko and Naoki get together. Before I didn't see him as a bad person, but now I feel he will deprive Naoki of his position in the regular team out of jealousy... I hope he will realise that those two are better off together and stop being that overly-competitive.
About kissing in the dorama:
I agree that the kiss with Natsuki was supposed to suck and that the one with Riko came as a surprise. It's a pitty that we haven't seen a decent Riko-Naoki kiss, but I hope there will be one soon.

Onigir1

Post by Onigir1 » Aug 24th, '09, 13:36

Just watched episode 7 through KeyholeTV...

OH.MY.GOOD

:shocked:

I wanted to murder Naoki all through the episode and then when he started running to her house and THAT KISS....

I can't really be coherent now but , OKAY BOY, I guess I forgive you now XD

I think all the arguments about Yamapi's inability to kiss in general or because he's in J&A or whatever would end now? LOL.
Edited to add picture->

nagikokiyohara

Post by nagikokiyohara » Aug 24th, '09, 15:56

Onigir1 wrote:Just watched episode 7 through KeyholeTV...

OH.MY.GOOD

:shocked:

I wanted to murder Naoki all through the episode and then when he started running to her house and THAT KISS....

I can't really be coherent now but , OKAY BOY, I guess I forgive you now XD

I think all the arguments about Yamapi's inability to kiss in general or because he's in J&A or whatever would end now? LOL.
Edited to add picture->

YESSSSSSSSSSS! I just watched it and nearly lost my mind. I guess I got my wish when i was complaining earlier about...
Pi's half hearted kiss scenes...WOW!!! I want to watch it over and over!!!
*does fangirl dance*

ssih

Post by ssih » Aug 24th, '09, 16:32

Riko runs across Japan to see Naoki. She pretty much throws herself at him and then breaks up with Kawasaki, saying there's someone else. She tells Mai that she's in love.

There's not a lot of room for interpretation here.

Naoki ask her if perhaps the relationship goes beyond friendship. She kisses him and then tells him that it doesn't go beyond friendship.
In almost every Japanese series I watch, there's one moment when I want to step into the tv, walk up to an actor and say "What the hell was that about???"

For me, in Buzzer Beat, this was that moment.

I've got to say that I love the chemistry between Riko and Mai. And some props have to be given to the subtitling team for doing such a good job of translating that chemistry so well.

Oh, and one last thing... Keiko, don't worry about it. You don't need the make-up.

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Aug 24th, '09, 17:22

ssih wrote: Oh, and one last thing... Keiko, don't worry about it. You don't need the make-up.
LOL...
yah, she doesnt wear make-up, natural beauty indeed
OMG! that last scene was epic...KISS

junebug6272

Post by junebug6272 » Aug 24th, '09, 18:11

@ssih
i'm pretty sure she said something along the lines of, " you idiot, haven't we already gone past friendship" after she kisses him

ssih

Post by ssih » Aug 24th, '09, 19:04

junebug6272 wrote:@ssih
i'm pretty sure she said something along the lines of, " you idiot, haven't we already gone past friendship" after she kisses him
No, she just says "Idiot. It doesn't go beyond friendship."

Or at least that's what the subtitles said. If you know Japanese and can say that that is what they actually said, well that's a different story. But then I'd be baffled for a different reason. She broke up with Kawasaki and confessed her love THAT DAY. And now she's past it? That is some serious attention deficit disorder!
BTW - don't let my criticisms make you think I'm not a fan of the show. This is one of my favorites. Every time I see Kitagawa Keiko, I like her more and more. On top of being cute as hell, she's got great comic delivery. I also like Yamapi, in spite of his endless rolls as the morose guy unable to express a molecule of emotion. (Nobuta notwithstanding.)

zeox

Post by zeox » Aug 24th, '09, 19:20

ssih wrote: BTW - don't let my criticisms make you think I'm not a fan of the show. This is one of my favorites. Every time I see Kitagawa Keiko, I like her more and more. On top of being cute as hell, she's got great comic delivery. I also like Yamapi, in spite of his endless rolls as the morose guy unable to express a molecule of emotion. (Nobuta notwithstanding.)
i totally agree with you in regards to Kitagawa :wub:

seeing all the excitement here, I am guessing #7 is going to be awesome :P

Onigir1

Post by Onigir1 » Aug 24th, '09, 19:35

ssih wrote:

Or at least that's what the subtitles said. If you know Japanese and can say that that is what they actually said, well that's a different story. But then I'd be baffled for a different reason. She broke up with Kawasaki and confessed her love THAT DAY. And now she's past it? That is some serious attention deficit disorder!
BTW - don't let my criticisms make you think I'm not a fan of the show. This is one of my favorites. Every time I see Kitagawa Keiko, I like her more and more. On top of being cute as hell, she's got great comic delivery. I also like Yamapi, in spite of his endless rolls as the morose guy unable to express a molecule of emotion. (Nobuta notwithstanding.)
I thought she actually said "janai no" which is a question I guess the subbers just didn't pick up the "no" article and thus missed the point since I've seen this traslated in other places as a question too.

Anyway, I feel she's very justified in her actions, she "broke up" with Kawasaki because she likes someone else, and it's been clear for the past few episodes that was the case and she just didn't feel that way for Kawasaki at all, why should she wait for? It's not like she purposely went to declare her undying love to Naoki, she just responded.
Anyway, yes, episode 7 was EPIC IMHO :mrgreen:
And that kiss might have made it to the top positions of my most favorite jdrama kisses ever just now

nagikokiyohara

Post by nagikokiyohara » Aug 24th, '09, 19:37

Onigir1 wrote:
ssih wrote:

I thought she actually said "janai no" which is a question I guess the subbers just didn't pick up the "no" article and thus missed the point since I've seen this traslated in other places as a question too.

Anyway, I feel she's very justified in her actions, she "broke up" with Kawasaki because she likes someone else, and it's been clear for the past few episodes that was the case and she just didn't feel that way for Kawasaki at all, why should she wait for? It's not like she purposely went to declare her undying love to Naoki, she just responded.
And that kiss might have made it to the top positions of my most favorite jdrama kisses ever just now

Every time I look at that picture under the spoiler pic there I feel like running around my house dancing, ahahaha!

zeox

Post by zeox » Aug 24th, '09, 19:42

for those discussing the subs:
LoveSong subbed it as "Haven't we already crossed the line?". I also subbed it to this (in my head XD)

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Aug 24th, '09, 20:11

Onigir1 wrote:

Omg, he actually does kiss! I was mistaken! But man, they didn't have to make the Natsuki kiss <i>that</i> bad

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 24th, '09, 20:20

Just finished Episode 7
WAAAAYYY OMFG what's gonna happen next?!? Riko is so emotional. I mean first she slaps him when he stops her from confessing because of his loyalty towards the coach tells her not to meet anymore and then she screams out from her window. Nice to see a Japanese girl showing her feelings so openly. And I didn't think Naoki would be so impulsive to forget all about basketball and the coach and just come running to her and that KISS! At least a decent one :cheers:

But my favourite scene was Mai and Shuji. When he hugged her after she tried to stop him, I think my heart stopped for a second. That was so cute!! :wub: :wub:
First time i though Mizobata was pretty sexy!

Onigir1

Post by Onigir1 » Aug 24th, '09, 20:37

arakira wrote:Just finished Episode 7
WAAAAYYY OMFG what's gonna happen next?!? Riko is so emotional. I mean first she slaps him when he stops her from confessing because of his loyalty towards the coach tells her not to meet anymore and then she screams out from her window. Nice to see a Japanese girl showing her feelings so openly. And I didn't think Naoki would be so impulsive to forget all about basketball and the coach and just come running to her and that KISS! At least a decent one :cheers:

But my favourite scene was Mai and Shuji. When he hugged her after she tried to stop him, I think my heart stopped for a second. That was so cute!! :wub: :wub:
First time i though Mizobata was pretty sexy!
I loved the very last bit, showing the forgotten basketball, backpack and bicycle in the park, I never would have guessed Naoki had it in him to react like that, so far he'd only showed that kind of passion towards basketball, not even Natsuki cheating on him got such an strong reaction out of him. Until the very last moment I was thinking he would chicken out in the end, but yeah, woah, he didn't.

Aww, that Shuuji/Mai bit was so cute~
«minah» wrote:
Omg, he actually does kiss! I was mistaken! But man, they didn't have to make the Natsuki kiss <i>that</i> bad
I totally agree, but actually...
I think is the fact that they did that makes this one so memorable. It seriously matched up to my expectations *grins like idiot*

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Aug 25th, '09, 00:51

same here!! i'm still re-watching that scene!!! it's one of the best i've seen so far.....
that kiss totally lived up to my expectations of this drama!!!!

for me... when there are dramas like this....i do expect a un-expected kiss.... at the most... and this one was totally perfect!!!!

man...i still can't get over it...

i just love how he just ran to her apartment and knock furiously at her door...then she opens and hesitates and said something...maybe a warning to him....but he still came in and hugged her... then the KISS!!! aaaahhh....

sakura_leaves

That kiss

Post by sakura_leaves » Aug 25th, '09, 01:16

PI has made my day. i never thought this day would come! i am still in shock and I AM SO HAPPY! FINALLY HE DID IT RIGHT AND HE MADE SEXY!!!!!!!!!! OMG that kiss was unbelievably amazing and heart stopping and mind blowing and i want more!!! i hope that he keeps it like that from now on! But i'm giving him props and still trying to get over my shock!

Dear lord he looks like a great kisser! YAY!!! LOL :cheers:

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Aug 25th, '09, 02:18

Finally they kissed each other. <3

citrone

Post by citrone » Aug 25th, '09, 03:07

Damn spoilers...
Made me curious and I am dying now and how can I wait for subs now!!!
Damn shouldn't have read the spoilers!!!

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Aug 25th, '09, 03:43

Aaargh... I just LOVE LOVE this episode!! Finally there's progress!!!
And the ending was just perfect for me and it kind of make some of my doubts on this drama go away~~~ *sigh* This episode was just made my day~~~ Finally Pi with 'more expression' *LOL*

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Aug 25th, '09, 03:57

citrone wrote:Damn spoilers...
Made me curious and I am dying now and how can I wait for subs now!!!
Damn shouldn't have read the spoilers!!!
LOL... u can go to ran's blog and watched the LQ
kyaa!..cant wait for the HQ
im dying to watch that too... only saw it on keyhole :wub: :wub:

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Aug 25th, '09, 04:09

still re-watching that scene here....LOL... i just can't get enough of it... it's waayy too hott!!!

Yamapi showed his extreme hott-ness in this kiss scene... and Keiko did an amazing job too....

gosh...i'm getting all giddy here....hahahaha...

just patiently waiting for the subs... and Monday again....dying to know what will happen after wards....

jujube

Post by jujube » Aug 25th, '09, 08:17

i shouldn't have opened the spoiler tags. darn. well, even without subs i can understand the general story for ep 7.
MAN OH MAN! yeah, that kiss in the end kinda got me, but what got me more was what was happening between shuuji and mai. the moment they were about to kiss but riko opened the door... and the other part when mai accidentally grabs shuuji's hand then lets go... but he grabs her hand and they walk together to buy wine and cheese. :lol i thought that was super good.

as much as i'm happy for riko and naoki, i can only expect how sour things will go when natsuki tries to spoil everything... and what yoyogi does. i mean, based on him calling up shion after getting turned down by natsuki, i already expect he's just trying to sleep with all the girls in the cheering squad.

no one talked about the preview for ep 8, but from the one i saw, the only thing i could make out was natsuki asking naoki in the rain " please don't go."

part of me thinks that... this series might end like slow dance--riko and naoki still get together, and they get to accomplish their dreams... even with kawasaki-san possibly ruining the chances of naoki getting anywhere in basketball, maybe mishima will be like his new "mentor", if i can put it that way.....
i definitely should stop checking this place until i can watch a subbed episode. XD

zeox

Post by zeox » Aug 25th, '09, 09:48

alright, I've decided I need to watch ep7, subs or no subs. anyone care to point me to where i can get it?