Do you think you're fat?

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
meredith

Do you think you're fat?

Post by meredith » Aug 22nd, '08, 03:35

just out of curiosity. i have a friend who always complaining shes fat. Everyday she would say 'i'm fat!'. and when i ask her, 'Why do you think you're fat?', she answer, 'I can give you a million reasons!'. So, what do you think? Do you think you're fat and WHY? :scratch:

getawayfrom

Post by getawayfrom » Aug 22nd, '08, 04:26

If she doesn't look fat to you than she's just had this bad habit of saying "I'm fat". I usually says this when I can't seem to find anything to wear or when I look at something or someone that is consider "pretty" and "attractive" and compare to myself.
Yes, I am fat so I tend to say "I'm fat" all the time. Especially when I compare other people or things to myself. I hate the way I look, everything about me is ugly. I especially hate myself for not being able to lose weight. I've tried a dozen times but gain it all back, not only that I tend to triple my weight every time I diet so now I have given up. I think I'm too old to look good now so no use of trying again. Oh..how I wish I can have my teenage year back and start over again. I don't know how I got myself looking like this in the first place. :-( :cussing: :cussing:

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Aug 23rd, '08, 14:33

No. I used to be a skinny nerd, but that was a while ago. Weights and food saw to that!

Sometimes it's a relative thing. Many Asians have different ideas about what is "fat" than the rest of the population. If i stand next to a skiny nerdy guy then I look fat, but next to an "average male" (and we're the 2nd fattest nation on earth.... after the US of course!) I look kinda skinny. Many Asians are very harsh when it comes to thinking someone is "fat".

meredith

Post by meredith » Aug 23rd, '08, 14:43

[quote=" I think I'm too old to look good now so no use of trying again. :[/quote]

you shouldn't be thinking like that! we should be proud with who we are. being fat is not something embarrassing or something that you feel so ugly. i was fat too. and plez, never think that you are too old to look good. beauty is not skin deep. you need to know that. dont compare yourself with others. maybe you didnt have such good body but you should be proud with what you have... be happy and enjoy life! its never too late! :lol

Ruka707

Post by Ruka707 » Aug 24th, '08, 15:57

No, not at all. I'm actually tall and skinny... and I'm completely satisfied with my weight.

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Aug 25th, '08, 02:29

Er beauty is skin deep.... And yeah if you're fat you're probably ugly. (By the way, just because you're skinny doesn't mean you're beautiful either.)

Of course people have different ideas about the amount of weight one needs to be considered fat, but um, sorry, coming back from a year in Japan, most Americans are fat or worse, obese. (I was normal in America and I realized after I went to Japan that I was fat, luckily the Japanese diet shaved a couple of pound off me but I need to do a bit more...)

Most diets fail because people want to cheat or take a short cut. There isn't any. The idea is very simple, eat less calories than you spend. You can eat less or exercise and burn more calories, it doesn't matter.

But if you eat more calories than you spend, then you will gain weight, there's nothing mysterious about the process.

noobee

Post by noobee » Aug 25th, '08, 02:40

i think im fat cos i have some few bellys

iheartyamapi

Post by iheartyamapi » Aug 25th, '08, 03:31

Prince of Moles wrote:And yeah if you're fat you're probably ugly.
Ironic how I'm hearing that from someone named "Prince of Moles".

I think the idea of beauty comes from our own personal taste, culture and society. Unfortunately, this vain and superficial world we live in has caused people to become obsessed with their weight. I think there isn't any real idea of what perfection is - everyone is going to have a difference perception of what is perfect. You can be too fat in one country and too skinny in another. But what matters is how we feel about ourselves. I'm not saying that it's okay to be obese, but if someone weighs more than the "norm" and they're happy with themselves, then other people shouldn't care. As long as they live a healthy, active lifestyle, what does it matter if they can't fit into a size 4.

It scares me when people become obsessed with their weight. My friend, for example, is 5'6 and weighs no more than 120lbs and has a body many people would kill for, is persistent about losing weight because she wants to look like Keira Knightley (an actress who is anorexic looking).

I think weight has become such an issue, especially living in southern California. I haven't always been happy with my body but after finding the right balance of eating and exercising, I've come to really like my body. I know many women have the same issues, but if they just had more confidence and self-esteem, maybe they wouldn't feel that way. I think being yourself and loving yourself is the most important. Why care what anyone else thinks?

phantom1019

Re: Do you think you're fat?

Post by phantom1019 » Aug 25th, '08, 04:16

yes i'm fat why? because the machine say that im overweight and i have high blood pressure XD
meredith wrote:just out of curiosity. i have a friend who always complaining shes fat. Everyday she would say 'i'm fat!'. and when i ask her, 'Why do you think you're fat?', she answer, 'I can give you a million reasons!'. So, what do you think? Do you think you're fat and WHY? :scratch:

LoveWillB4U

Post by LoveWillB4U » Aug 25th, '08, 04:25

I am almost 6 feet tall and weigh less than some asians who are 5'3... you tell me... curse my super high metabolism. Girls are all jealous of me being able to eat whatever I want whenever I want without gaining a pound. It's a curse I tell you, a curse!

chielicious

Post by chielicious » Aug 25th, '08, 04:28

I AM Fat..hu3..eventhough all of my friends said that i lost my weight a lot ..i never listen to them.. well maybe bcoz i have this chubby cheek.. :(

chielicious

Post by chielicious » Aug 25th, '08, 04:32

LoveWillB4U wrote:I am almost 6 feet tall and weigh less than some asians who are 5'3... you tell me... curse my super high metabolism. Girls are all jealous of me being able to eat whatever I want whenever I want without gaining a pound. It's a curse I tell you, a curse!
i do envy you :P how come u have such high metabolism?? do u excercise or what?

Basuha

Inter beauty is forever

Post by Basuha » Aug 25th, '08, 04:41

iheartyamapi wrote:

I think the idea of beauty comes from our own personal taste, culture and society. Unfortunately, this vain and superficial world we live in has caused people to become obsessed with their weight. I think there isn't any real idea of what perfection is - everyone is going to have a difference perception of what is perfect. You can be too fat in one country and too skinny in another. But what matters is how we feel about ourselves. I'm not saying that it's okay to be obese, but if someone weighs more than the "norm" and they're happy with themselves, then other people shouldn't care. As long as they live a healthy, active lifestyle, what does it matter if they can't fit into a size 4.

It scares me when people become obsessed with their weight. My friend, for example, is 5'6 and weighs no more than 120lbs and has a body many people would kill for, is persistent about losing weight because she wants to look like Keira Knightley (an actress who is anorexic looking).

I think weight has become such an issue, especially living in southern California. I haven't always been happy with my body but after finding the right balance of eating and exercising, I've come to really like my body. I know many women have the same issues, but if they just had more confidence and self-esteem, maybe they wouldn't feel that way. I think being yourself and loving yourself is the most important. Why care what anyone else thinks?
I couldn't have say it better, I'm half Korean and Africa America/Japanese. I only felt over weight when I visit my grandparents in Korea, but feeling over weight didn't make me feel ugly. .

LoveWillB4U

Post by LoveWillB4U » Aug 25th, '08, 07:28

chielicious wrote:
LoveWillB4U wrote:I am almost 6 feet tall and weigh less than some asians who are 5'3... you tell me... curse my super high metabolism. Girls are all jealous of me being able to eat whatever I want whenever I want without gaining a pound. It's a curse I tell you, a curse!
I have no idea. I always had it since I was young and it just never slowed down. I don't have a normal exercise program but I don't avoid doing things that require me to move around such as walking long distances or playing sports with friends once in awhile. I'm just not one of those lazy people that need to drive everywhere and sit down all day if they could.

ChiisaiKouma

Post by ChiisaiKouma » Aug 25th, '08, 21:10

I'm THICK and sexy, lol! But not fat...I noticed a lot of girls who are obese will say that they've "got curves"...and they do...in a manner of speaking. however, I actually DO have curves...When I was younger I did think I was fat because my legs are pretty big, but that is just how I'm built and if I wear the right clothes and heels, I look fab-u-lous! No one ever guesses my weight right anymore. When I used to just wear a baggy T-Shirt and plain ol jeans (with no fitted shape) I did look fat, because none of the skinny part of the curves were showing - ah hah hah!

rezeero

Post by rezeero » Aug 26th, '08, 04:50

everybody thinks he's fat, especially during times he's emotionally down :glare: it's human nature I guess..

NakajimaYuto

Post by NakajimaYuto » Sep 7th, '08, 22:38

rezeero wrote:everybody thinks he's fat, especially during times he's emotionally down :glare: it's human nature I guess..
i think you're damn right *nod*

funny thread xD ... i had to write here! xD
but somehow ... oh ... i am fat ... o.O well, not fat, but ... maybe a little xD ...

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Sep 9th, '08, 22:14

this question if for people who has an eating disorder. those who are anorexic or bulimic or whatever. one should just feel good about their weight no matter what it is.

kim sam soon wasn't that hot but she still got to snag the hot young guy. take her as an example.

RockStarrr

Post by RockStarrr » Sep 12th, '08, 19:07

Yeah, some people need to get their facts straight because being fat and being thick is two different things. Fat is like globs and chunks of stuff hanging out, versus being thick is having curves where they should be plus the booty and the boobs, or in the case of men- being muscular. Well duh, Living in America, you're constantly fed with fast food stuff and everybody else looks just about the same weight, why should you feel bad? But yeah, us women are never satisfied. Because if one day we actually stopped complaining about our weight and felt skinny- we'd be complaining about something else, such as being ugly or having big feet or something of that sort. It's only normal to never be satisfied in this century..

plain_love

Post by plain_love » Sep 16th, '08, 11:16

yeah, you just like my cousin, and i'm envy her. While me, i can't eat any food i like without worry of gaining weight, lucky you....

reddorozette

Post by reddorozette » Sep 16th, '08, 11:35

Good opinions, I agree with many of them~ (:

As long as you're not seriously overweight, I don't see a problem there. There are so many things that are more important than how much you weigh... It makes me sad to see people ruin there lives because of looks ;___;

What comes to what I think about myself... I'm a little chubby, but I don't see it as a problem. This is me. I'm healthy, I'm not overweight, I eat and I exercise... What more do I need?

Btw... Anyone have a friend with an eating disorder? I'd really like to chat with someone who has~ Yoroshiku.

(:

tisa

Post by tisa » Sep 16th, '08, 12:37

I don't think i'm fat (5,3 height and 108 weight) just normal. I used to be 117 without even noticing it until i weighted myself and than i lost a lot of weight and ruined my health (i weighted 88 pounds) always worrying about calories. One day i've just had enough and gained weight. Today i feel a lot better and happier and the only think i m careful about now is that my pants still fit :-)

Cloudx7

Post by Cloudx7 » Sep 19th, '08, 01:06

no i do not think im fat.

sure i gained like... 9 lbs over the summer break, but that's all muscle lol

i usually say im fat cuz i eat A LOT, and i eat fast,

but im actually skinny, especially before i started to exercise in the summer. (used to weigh 120, and im 5, 7.5)

meredith

Post by meredith » Sep 27th, '08, 12:35

oh man! seriously! i envy you... :salut: sometimes i do think i'm fat too. i always gain my weight. and i agree the fact about diet pills are just shortcut... exercise is the best way!! :D but i hate exercises... :P

xCLEA

Post by xCLEA » Dec 4th, '08, 23:48

i could lose a few pounds, but i'm not overweight. i exercise, i eat healthy (for the most part).
i'm curvy so sometimes it looks like i'm fat, but i'm actually not.
i also participate in school sports (badminton,soccer, trying out for basketball)
so yeah .. xD
i do say i'm fat when i'm eating lots of junk food and unhealthy stuff, though.

Sesam

Post by Sesam » Dec 5th, '08, 00:07

Well the reasonable part of my brain knows that I'm normal weight, except for maybe a couple of extra kilos :P. But I still can't help but feeling fat and ugly most of the time haha :lol

cesothao

Post by cesothao » Dec 5th, '08, 20:51

getawayfrom wrote:If she doesn't look fat to you than she's just had this bad habit of saying "I'm fat". I usually says this when I can't seem to find anything to wear or when I look at something or someone that is consider "pretty" and "attractive" and compare to myself.
Yes, I am fat so I tend to say "I'm fat" all the time. Especially when I compare other people or things to myself. I hate the way I look, everything about me is ugly. I especially hate myself for not being able to lose weight. I've tried a dozen times but gain it all back, not only that I tend to triple my weight every time I diet so now I have given up. I think I'm too old to look good now so no use of trying again. Oh..how I wish I can have my teenage year back and start over again. I don't know how I got myself looking like this in the first place. :-( :cussing: :cussing:
It's true that it is a habit. I have the same problem but I manages to lose half of what I use to be. I know what you mean, I hate the fact that I always compare myself to others that are considered attractive, makes me depress. =( However, thanks to my wise sister, she helped me looked at these problem from a different view. She compares herself to the unattractive... (in her view only). haha. Its truly all in the mind.

If you think you're ugly then the world will see you like that. Just like if you're nervous but you tell yourself you're confident, no one will know.

cesothao

Post by cesothao » Dec 5th, '08, 20:53

aimlesswanderer wrote:No. I used to be a skinny nerd, but that was a while ago. Weights and food saw to that!

Sometimes it's a relative thing. Many Asians have different ideas about what is "fat" than the rest of the population. If i stand next to a skiny nerdy guy then I look fat, but next to an "average male" (and we're the 2nd fattest nation on earth.... after the US of course!) I look kinda skinny. Many Asians are very harsh when it comes to thinking someone is "fat".
Its true that Asians are harsh on the term "fat". Just look at all the clothes made in Asia. I'm a Small-Medium in the USA but there I'm a Large.

cesothao

Post by cesothao » Dec 5th, '08, 21:21

Prince of Moles wrote:Er beauty is skin deep.... And yeah if you're fat you're probably ugly. (By the way, just because you're skinny doesn't mean you're beautiful either.)

Of course people have different ideas about the amount of weight one needs to be considered fat, but um, sorry, coming back from a year in Japan, most Americans are fat or worse, obese. (I was normal in America and I realized after I went to Japan that I was fat, luckily the Japanese diet shaved a couple of pound off me but I need to do a bit more...)

Most diets fail because people want to cheat or take a short cut. There isn't any. The idea is very simple, eat less calories than you spend. You can eat less or exercise and burn more calories, it doesn't matter.

But if you eat more calories than you spend, then you will gain weight, there's nothing mysterious about the process.
Very true. During my last couple years in High school, I became very depress and got really fat. All I do is eat and eat without any exercise whatsoever. After I graduated from high school and decided to held off school for a year or two, I have distant myself from everyone else, friends and family. I became even more depress when my parents were on the verge of separation however that was also my motivation to getting where I am today: slim, confident and independent... unexpectly became the most popular girl. All I did was locked myself in my room for a whole week with gallons of water, fruits and vegetables and pumping the music up, running in-place night and day. From there on I learned to managed my eating habit, cut back all fried and deep fried food. Stopped eating fast food.

Losing weight is not easy at all, you have to be determined. You have to have a goal you want to reach. Besides my parents separation, that had motivated me; I buy pairs of pants that I want to fit in, and work my way to it. But most of the motivation is to show those hater that they will regret talking smacks... they will ENVY me! hahaha! & they do! I can tell b/c it is now dirty looks only and not the "haha" look.

Being fat doesn't mean you're ulgy... its all in the mind. If you have no confidence of your own beauty then of course no one will see your beauty.

You can only see someone beautiful when you truly know that person.. I have many thick friends who aren't happy with the way they look... but I truly envy the way they look even if they are considered fat, they're beautiful.

cesothao

Post by cesothao » Dec 5th, '08, 21:27

iheartyamapi wrote:

5'6" and weigh no more than 120? geesh... that is serious obssession and here I thought I was obsess... I'm 5' weighing 130.... I know that is heavier than standard scale but I'm happy with it because I have managed to lose half the size of what I use to be... and the extra pounds may just be muscles due to weight lifting. XD

I'm going to be visiting the southern california soon, hopefully after the visit I dont become depress and obsess with my weight.. =( haha.

cesothao

Post by cesothao » Dec 5th, '08, 21:30

chielicious wrote:
Some people are just born with it! :)

cesothao

Post by cesothao » Dec 5th, '08, 21:34

ChiisaiKouma wrote:I'm THICK and sexy, lol! But not fat...I noticed a lot of girls who are obese will say that they've "got curves"...and they do...in a manner of speaking. however, I actually DO have curves...When I was younger I did think I was fat because my legs are pretty big, but that is just how I'm built and if I wear the right clothes and heels, I look fab-u-lous! No one ever guesses my weight right anymore. When I used to just wear a baggy T-Shirt and plain ol jeans (with no fitted shape) I did look fat, because none of the skinny part of the curves were showing - ah hah hah!
You're just like my lilo sister... big bones... she's looks bigger than me but she fits smaller clothes than me.. we'll that was before.. now she's growing a little more meat.. haha.. but she still looks great.

I have big curves and I hated it but now im starting to love it! XD being a woman you need curves! XD

Pricecheck

Post by Pricecheck » Dec 5th, '08, 21:38

Honestly.. I was kinda disappointed to see a topic like this here ;__;
Mostly because I wanted to get away from it.
I have an eating disorder, which I'm not proud of and not very happy about. I fight against the mirror and the scales everyday and it just feels like a lost battle. (and it's NOT about looks....)
So, honestly, I think this is the wrong place to start discussing something like this.. But, oh well ^^;
And yeah, I think I'm fat. Very fat.
But in reality, I'm just chubby. I'm not very fat. But I still think I am very fat.

reddorozette wrote:Btw... Anyone have a friend with an eating disorder? I'd really like to chat with someone who has~ Yoroshiku.

(:
Do you mean you want to talk to someone with an eating disorder?? Or someone who has a friends with an eating disorder..
If you want to talk to me about it, just send me a PM or an e-mail ^__^

cool_drama
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by cool_drama » Dec 5th, '08, 21:52

I eat ten Mc chickens everyday and I' m still a chopstick . T_T

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Dec 5th, '08, 22:07

I'm not fat.

Next question... :P

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Dec 5th, '08, 22:17

how hard is it to run on a treadmill for 30 minutes a day? Really, I do it while watching TV and one episode of something and you're done. If you don't have a treadmill, go run outside or at the gym. It doesn't cost you more than $1 a day. It's simple math, if you're putting more calories in your body than burning it off, you will get fatter. Fat people don't necessarily equate to ugliness, but it does mean you're lazy which is a turn off. I'm not saying lazy in every aspect of life, but it doesn't take much to get results. Stop going on diets and cheating with those magic pills, just burn more calories than you take in and the laws of physics should take care of your weight

If you're fat and you love it, more power to you. I probably wouldn't date a fat girl, but I know there are people who will. I just hate the fat people who complain that they're fat, and do nothing about it. Being on any diets, even eating an apple, and then sitting on your butt, will still leave you fat if you are not burning enough calories

Forkboy

Post by Forkboy » Dec 10th, '08, 04:25

vancoland wrote:how hard is it to run on a treadmill for 30 minutes a day? Really, I do it while watching TV and one episode of something and you're done. If you don't have a treadmill, go run outside or at the gym. It doesn't cost you more than $1 a day. It's simple math, if you're putting more calories in your body than burning it off, you will get fatter. Fat people don't necessarily equate to ugliness, but it does mean you're lazy which is a turn off. I'm not saying lazy in every aspect of life, but it doesn't take much to get results. Stop going on diets and cheating with those magic pills, just burn more calories than you take in and the laws of physics should take care of your weight

If you're fat and you love it, more power to you. I probably wouldn't date a fat girl, but I know there are people who will. I just hate the fat people who complain that they're fat, and do nothing about it. Being on any diets, even eating an apple, and then sitting on your butt, will still leave you fat if you are not burning enough calories

Not too subtle, but I agree with the main idea. ;-) Eat right (not just for dieting but as a lifestyle!), exercise properly for your body type, and find a way to make it both tasty and enjoyable. The right results will definitely follow. Like Vancoland kinda said: Stop complaining and use that energy to do something about it.

evelinux

Post by evelinux » Apr 19th, '09, 16:28

<hahahaha> yeah! sure! that's why i watch drama ;)

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Apr 22nd, '09, 07:39

I eat whatever I want. I'm not fat, but I'm not skinny either. I've got curves, which means that if the clothing is made for women with curves, I can usually buy one or two sizes smaller than if it's not.

One of my biggest pet peeves: Sitting next to obese people on the airplane. We bought the same ticket. Yet, first, I weigh 100 pounds less (at least) then my neighbor, and I am only allowed the same baggage allowance (100 pounds check-in). Secondly, it's MY seat. If you can't sit down with the armrest put down in the middle, you are encroaching on MY (already limited) space. So you should be buying two seats' tickets. kthxbai!

dabogy

Post by dabogy » Jul 15th, '09, 01:16

No you're not FAT..

they're just small.. =)

White Reflection

Post by White Reflection » Aug 24th, '09, 01:36

yes I think I am fat :-(

my weight is 88 kg and I have to lose at less 20 Kg :-(

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Aug 30th, '09, 17:23

Not as skinny as I used to be. I am hardly the beefiest guy around, but when clothes shopping in HK it was disconcerting to not be able to fit even half my arm up the sleeves of a supposed M tshirt. Had trouble finding shirts with wide enough shoulders, certainly not a problem here in Aust. I felt large and beefy after that! :D And I suppose when compared to the locals I was. Half the women looked like they hadn't eaten in weeks, and wouldn't be able to carry a brick, their arms we so skinny.

No wonder lots of visitors (mainly non Asian) complain about clothes shopping in Asia.

Raspberry Latte

Post by Raspberry Latte » Sep 28th, '09, 23:46

It's simple math, if you're putting more calories in your body than burning it off, you will get fatter. Fat people don't necessarily equate to ugliness, but it does mean you're lazy which is a turn off.
Math doesn't always work for woman's body. A lot of girls, especially girls with the lower metabolism have a hard time to lose weight. Besides, when you try to drastically cut calories, the nature of your body is to slow down your metabolism, and preserve fat instead of burning it.
Also, scales never tell you the whole story. Being an Eastern European I have a thicker frame, bigger bones, and more curves, than most Asian women. I had my share of horrors with scales, and when I was in High School, I wasn't that popular, because I was shorter and "chubbier", than some other girls. Although I haven't lost any weight compare to the high-school me, but I've learned a lot of things about my own body. Especially I've learned to like myself for who I am and how I look no matter what; to keep fit, instead of skinny, and dress for my frame and body type, dress "classy" instead of "cute". I feel great, and look attractive.

technohive

Post by technohive » Oct 9th, '09, 04:39

Sometimes I do especially if I gain some weight..Will you will know too if your fat or not since you can feel it in your body....I have slow metabolism that is why I have the tendency to become fat

Tetsuz

Post by Tetsuz » Oct 19th, '09, 08:59

Don't think I'm fat but I think I might be unfit

bedelia

Post by bedelia » Nov 13th, '09, 07:38

Of course I'm not fat

paulf

Post by paulf » Nov 26th, '09, 08:00

I do not like skinny girls at all. Thick is the way to go if you want my attention.