Seto Koji

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
mokonachan

Post by mokonachan » Sep 6th, '09, 12:09

Has this topic stopped working yet :)) so deserted :))

I like Kiritani :"> she's cute :| but why they shooted together :|

The title is Love Story :(( i'm envy with Kiritani :((

Jayme8me

YaY Koji Seto

Post by Jayme8me » Sep 6th, '09, 12:21

I first saw him in Atashinchi no Danshi. Now he's one of my favorite actors.I loved him in Kamen Rider, Koizora and Happy boys.^_^

mokonachan

Post by mokonachan » Sep 7th, '09, 11:18

Jayme8me: i myself first saw him in Atashinchi no Danshi but totally loved him for Koizora
His character in Happy Boys is cute, somehow familiar with himself

Milkywaychen

Post by Milkywaychen » Sep 7th, '09, 12:17

Mmmmmh, but somehow is Kyoichi so irresolute, floppy and non-ambitious that he seems to be more the opposite of Koji, doesn´t he?
Very random but, the preparation of the food in Otomen is exactly like in Happy Boys. :lol

I love episode 5!!!! :w00t:
Ariake is so adorable, but his alter ego shows that he is inside the most manly one of the boys. That was awesome! :wub:

aYa_YooL

Post by aYa_YooL » Sep 10th, '09, 08:10

I'm a seto girlfan from Latin America, in my country there aren't so much fans, so I like to find seto fans around the world :cheers: ......well... I really love this baby boy :wub:
ImageImage
I love his voice and his face when he sings hehe :wub:
Last edited by aYa_YooL on Nov 14th, '09, 05:48, edited 1 time in total.

Mai-Soon

Post by Mai-Soon » Sep 14th, '09, 00:09

he looks cute when singing too

Milkywaychen

Post by Milkywaychen » Sep 14th, '09, 14:01

Aya, it´s always great to see new faces! :cheers:
Just one question, why doesn´t your friend use a nickname?
I mean, it´s very confusing, especially for very young fans who easily might end up thinking that it´s the real person they encounter, when somebody is using an existing ID. :unsure:
Don´t understand me wrong, it´s great that he is translating! But with an very own nickname he could be totally himself and nobody would be confused.

I have a few pictures of Tetsuya (Koji) in Ju-On - Kuroi Shojo. The movie made an detour to the (13th Puchon) International Fantastic Film Festival in Korea last month. They had a big Ju-On special Night, showing all 6 original japanese movies in a row (the 4 old and the 2 new ones as special bonus). But the DVD with Kuroi Shojo will finally be released next week, on the 21th September. These screencaps are Spoiler-free so far.

Tetsuya is a young University Student with a crush on his neighbour, the Nurse Yuko (Ai Kago). One night he suddenly starts hearing very odd noises from her apartment next door. That´s how the last and cruelest grudge starts ... :crazy:

Image Image
Image Image Image

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Sep 14th, '09, 14:51

Thanks for the screencaps, Milkywaychen. I hadn't seen those ones before. He looks so innocent and happy in that first pic. What an evil spirit to attack such a sweetie pie!

Have you seen Juon: Kuroi Shoujo? It looks more unsettling than the other one.

aYa_YooL

Post by aYa_YooL » Sep 15th, '09, 01:17

Milkywaychen wrote:Aya, it´s always great to see new faces! :cheers:
Just one question, why doesn´t your friend use a nickname?
I mean, it´s very confusing, especially for very young fans who easily might end up thinking that it´s the real person they encounter, when somebody is using an existing ID. :unsure:
Don´t understand me wrong, it´s great that he is translating! But with an very own nickname he could be totally himself and nobody would be confused.
yes, that's truth, but there are many people who do the same, there are too many fake profiles of famous people, and I know a lot of koji seto's fake profiles, in facebook, myspace, so on...
and sometimes they say they are the real ones.... they lie, and don't contribute info or something.... they do that just for lie....
but my friend doesn't lie, he just conceal the truth, he doesn't say he is the real Seto, he just doesn't say anything.... cuz if he says it (publicly), people would ask many things about him, and he doesn't want that... that's why he says the truth only to the people who ask him in private messages... and he's contributing..hehe..with translations....
well, i know his story hehe, but it's better if you ask him if you want to know more :O ... personally I don't think he's so wrong doing that :blink ....
but sorry, it's not my fault :goggle:, i just want to share our translations :whistling: ..........

well...
oh.... seto kun at ju on!!, I love that movies... are there 6 movies????????? :crazy:
which are the others older ones? :scratch: I know just 2 of them, not 4 :O

ohh, I want to watch it!!! *-* thanks for the pics :wub:

mokonachan

Post by mokonachan » Sep 19th, '09, 04:53

Anyhow...i really dont care much about the others Juon (dont misunderstand me, i dont care because Juon is a really really scary movie series:(()...i only care about the volume which Seto-sama plays in hehe
Oh...so long since i had a chance to use the computer...it's so good to be able to look at Seto-sama pics again...ok...i have enough energy to survive after this afternoon PTA meeting :((...thanks for all the spoiler pics :D

noobee

Post by noobee » Sep 19th, '09, 05:24

nice!

P@permoon

Post by P@permoon » Sep 29th, '09, 11:26

I saw Koji on Saturday afternoon during his Handshake-Event at Ikebukuro (Sunshine City). I´m still totally incoherent with joy. It was so awesome and surreal at the same time.
That boy is so tall and truly beautiful! :wub:
Despite the funky purple/pink plaid suit (*lol* I really couldn´t believe that this was still a fashion suit from Milkboy). And his fluffy long hair is now very short. :cry:
There are pictures on his blog, of course. *lol*

I don´t know how he is doing it, but he could pull if off and look really cool.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Sep 29th, '09, 14:25

P@permoon wrote:I saw Koji on Saturday afternoon during his Handshake-Event at Ikebukuro (Sunshine City). I´m still totally incoherent with joy. It was so awesome and surreal at the same time.
Despite the funky purple/pink plaid suit (*lol* I really couldn´t believe that this was still a fashion suit from Milkboy). And his fluffy long hair is now very short. :cry:

Lucky you!

I saw that suit on his blog. He does manage to pull it off. I showed it to a guy friend of mine and told him this is why he must never take fashion advice from celebrities.

More details! Did you get to speak to him? Did he say anything to you? Does he have soft hands? How many people were there? Was it all teenage girls or were there older people and males, too? Did he seem to be having a good time?

aYa_YooL

Post by aYa_YooL » Sep 29th, '09, 21:29

lullabye wrote:
P@permoon wrote:I saw Koji on Saturday afternoon during his Handshake-Event at Ikebukuro (Sunshine City). I´m still totally incoherent with joy. It was so awesome and surreal at the same time.

Lucky you!

I saw that suit on his blog. He does manage to pull it off. I showed it to a guy friend of mine and told him this is why he must never take fashion advice from celebrities.

More details! Did you get to speak to him? Did he say anything to you? Does he have soft hands? How many people were there? Was it all teenage girls or were there older people and males, too? Did he seem to be having a good time?
oh!!!, I want to know it too :O awww :goggle:
u're sooooo lucky!! :P
and you got some trading cards?, with his autograph??

seto mania

Post by seto mania » Oct 5th, '09, 04:56

Hi, Seto-kuners..... :-)
Wow, another Seto-kun thread!! :w00t:
I'm a big fan of Seto-kun too, but all this time I join Seto-kun thread on Asian Fanatics.
So, it's the first time 4 me to get to know all of you here..and I'm happy.
Here I found out, how Seto-kun influence our life through out the world (Latin America..Europe, and I'm from South East Asia)!
I'm not surprised anymore if there is (another) Seto-kuner from Africa!!!
I read and got so much more of Seto-kun from this thread. Tx
Hope I can join here and be one of this big Seto-kuners happy family.
Arigatou :D

seto mania

Post by seto mania » Oct 5th, '09, 05:08

Milkywaychen & Mai-Soon

WOW! Both of you must be such great fans of Seto-kun!

lullabye & mokonachan
You guys are soooooo funny! He..he (laugh alot)

aYa_YooL

What a great info you had! tx (priceless >_<)

P@permoon

Da**! (Super) Lucky you!! (envy..envy)
Yup, u better be honest and tell us all the details. Every moment...and even every second girl, come on!
Pliiiiiizzzzz, we're dying to know. Aaaaarrghhh.... (depressed2x)

seto mania

Post by seto mania » Oct 5th, '09, 05:15

In case any of you interesting and got a time, take alook on other Seto-kun thread on Asian Fanatics??
Here's the link : http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index.ph ... 326&st=320
After all, we are all Seto-kuners anyway right??? ;-)

aYa_YooL

Post by aYa_YooL » Oct 8th, '09, 03:54

wow seto mania thanks for the link of Asian Fanatics forum
it's so good :thumright: , I'll join :P

seto mania

Post by seto mania » Oct 8th, '09, 07:59

GREAT!!!:thumleft:
Let's spread our love to Seto-kun everywhere! :cheers:

Btw: Fruitbiskuit just added some of Seto-kun pics. And I'm like...WHOAAA (melting..melting)

noobee

Post by noobee » Oct 8th, '09, 09:49

nice!

Mai-Soon

Post by Mai-Soon » Oct 8th, '09, 11:47

aYa_YooL wrote:wow thanks for the link of Asian Fanatics forum
it's so good :thumright: , I'll join :P
I'm joining toooo..love the pics there...thank you seto mania :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

piii

Post by piii » Nov 2nd, '09, 14:58

dude, haven't been looking @ the seto thread for ages !!
soooo, did i miss something ?! what's new ?! xD~

Milkywaychen

Post by Milkywaychen » Nov 14th, '09, 02:18

Koji was playing a leading part in the Stage Play "Karasu". As Ryuu he is a lumberjack who, to protect his sick mother, becomes a amateur Samurai. His best friend is his axe, which he named Dragon. They even talk to each other. He trained ventriloquistic for the part, so Koji is practically playing a Double-Part, because Ryuu and Dragon are both the whole opposite of each other and always together. While Ryuu is very naive and gullible, Dragon is bitter and tries to be his conscience. I will post a few pictures later. He looked really amazing! "Karasu" was a big success with sold out theaters in Tokyo and Osaka.
:cheers:

The secret assain group Karasugumi really existed and they count as first Ninja group in Japan. They were supposed to be trained as Samurai because their leader was one, but because the men where a bunch of all possible scratched people (from gambler and misfits to farmer), in the end they simply used their favourite weapons (in Ryuu´s case, he is using Dragon, although he was very happy when he got an Katana all to himself) and all possible tricks to fight the enemy.

And then we have these great news!!! :w000t:

Yamamoto Yusuke and Seto Koji starring in award-winning TV Movie

The young Actors Yamamoto Yusuke (21) and Seto Koji (21) attended on wednesday Fuji TVs "21th Young Script Award" ceremony, held in Tokyo. Both are starring in the Movie "Rinne no Ame" (Rain of Reincarnation) after an original script by Sayaka Kuwamura (27). This work with a strong sociality about two brothers who are bound to each other and struggle in a hard reality with the absurdity of society and despair, received high praise from the judges, and was chosen as Grand Prize Winner from among 1450 applicants in total. Filming ended in the end of October and the broadcasting is scheduled for December on Fuji TV.

With their mother dead and abandoned by the father are the brothers Kouhei (Yamamoto Yusuke) and Shuhei (Seto Koji) Mikami living together and share a close bond. Both are working at the same factory, where the intellectually disabled, autistic Shuhei is violently abused by the plant manager on a daily base. One day, when he finds out, Kouhei kills the man in affect and deprives money. He buries the corpse in the mountains with his younger brothers help. During the criminal investigation is it Shuhei who soon draws the attention of the Detectives on the Mikami brothers through his diffus behavior and words. Even through he is unable to comprehend the homicide of his older brother and doesn´t understand the situation, the Police uses Shuhei as deciding factor in arresting the murderer.

Image Image

@ Aramatheydidnt

Want NOW! :wub:

Mai-Soon

Post by Mai-Soon » Nov 14th, '09, 02:32

wow, i'm so happy to see Yamamoto and Koji together again in one work...and it sounds great movie from the synopsis ....

thank you Milkywaychen :)

Milkywaychen

Post by Milkywaychen » Nov 24th, '09, 13:20

You´re welcome! I´m so incredibly happy too~ :w000t:
This movie has one of those stories that makes you interested in the backround topic (= Shuhei´s autism), doesn´t it? :study:
And we finally have an broadcasting date!

Rinne no Ame
Monday, 4th January 2010
23:30 pm
Fuji TV

and the official website

I wonder if it is getting uploaded to D-Addicts? :pray:

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Dec 4th, '09, 07:11

I am so looking forward to Rinne no Ame. I wonder how they can tell such a complex story in such a short time.

Milkywaychen

Post by Milkywaychen » Dec 28th, '09, 01:46

There is a little preview from Fuji TV [click here]
(find the small camera with the "play" symbol in the first box, next to the broadcasting time and date)

It´s not so long anymore, just one more week! :cheers:

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jan 1st, '10, 01:17

Milkywaychen wrote:There is a little preview from Fuji TV [click here]
(find the small camera with the "play" symbol in the first box, next to the broadcasting time and date)

It´s not so long anymore, just one more week! :cheers:
Thanks for pointing out that clip!

I am really looking forward to this. I hope someone will upload it so that the Keyhole version isn't all I ever get to see.

Does anyone know if Fuji tends to release these Young Writer Award films on DVD? (hope, hope, hope!)

Milkywaychen

Post by Milkywaychen » Jan 4th, '10, 15:34

That was really amazing! :cry:
Oh well, more when I´m more coherent ...

But just, "Rinne no Ame" shows that you don´t need much for a really good Drama beside a good story and great actors! It was really great!

sora_hime

Post by sora_hime » Feb 12th, '10, 03:38

hello..

i am seto kun fans from indonesia..
i just found this site and read this thread..

i'd like to thanks to all for the information in this thread... i am so... happy to know it all. :lol

i began to like seto kun since i saw him acted in koizora ( i saw that mid of last year). then i started to find more informations about him on web. and i started to download and watch kamen rider kiva ( not yet finished now).

i don't know, do i can say i am really a big fan of him or not. thought that i am lack of information about him. in my city (it's just a small town, not a capital city), there isn,t any store that sale any japanese stuff. I got all informations in the internet, and just depend on it. i dont know any other fan in my town, (or i can say that the information about him not yet spread here).

so, i am happy to found you guys... i hope i can get along (sorry for the bad english, i am not an english speaker.)

but, it 's a long time since the last post in this thread.. is this thread dead?? i hope not....

... i just find cute article about seto kun.. (i dont know did you guys have found it or not), here are the link :

http://kasumisou.livejournal.com/5856.h ... 000#t12000 :wub:

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Feb 12th, '10, 05:31

Not dead at all, just slow. I do most of my fan-girling on LJ.

Rumor has it that Seto and Yamamoto will be in another drama together in the spring!

And your English is fine. I am always impressed when a person can write something in a language they aren't comfortable with.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Feb 19th, '10, 04:52

OK, so it is no longer a rumor. Yamamoto will play a yankee school boy and Koji the boys rhythmic gymnastics captain of a team that has neither enough members or support.

This is going to be all sorts of wonderful!

xVanillaxChanx

Post by xVanillaxChanx » Apr 30th, '10, 11:07

Hello there guys! : D
I totally love Seto Koji! xD
I first saw him in Koizora :3
Then I watched Kamen Rider Kiva, Atashinchi No Danshi, Otomen, Rinne No Ame and Ju-On Kuroi Shoujo =D
He's such an amazing actor x33
hehe xD
Last edited by xVanillaxChanx on Apr 30th, '10, 11:09, edited 1 time in total.

xVanillaxChanx

Post by xVanillaxChanx » Apr 30th, '10, 11:08

OMG I forgot Dx
I LOVE HIS VOICE TOO! :3
All Tetra-Fang songs are amazing. O_O
Hes so talented, lol

Milkywaychen

Post by Milkywaychen » May 17th, '10, 17:00

And we have a birthday child! :cheers:

Happy, happy Birthday Koji!!! :wub:
Only the Best to you and that we will see you in even more great parts on screen in the future!
You are truly amazing and I wish with my whole heart for another great and successful year for you! :pray:

Please, keep up your great work, keep going and smiling, even on rainy days. And never ever change!
Also, I would love to see a TETRA-FANG comeback someday, but since the chances are rather small, hey Mr. Producers, how about a part as J-Rocker! That would be awesome too! :note:

And kid, believe more in yourself! Because you are stunning! :heart:

VioletSakura

Post by VioletSakura » May 17th, '10, 19:14

Totally loved his acting in Koizora. Can anyone help being in love with him during the drama??? I don't think so!!!
First saw him in Atashinchi no Danshi...Again great acting.
And I love his voice! Ai ni kitayo... (Can anyone tell me where I can download the song?)

Milkywaychen

Post by Milkywaychen » May 19th, '10, 03:55

Hiro was so awesome and Satoru funny as hell!
He just doesn´t makes it easy for me to decide on a favourite part!!! :wub:

Sadly, there is no full version from Hiro´s version of "Namida no Furusato", because it was only performed live in the Series and never got Studio recorded. I was back then a little hoping that it would make it to the Soundtrack in a full Version, but no luck. Anyway, I have a mp3 version of Hiro´s Bands Concert in the Show and Bump of Chicken´s orginal Version, when you want to listen to the full song.

Enjoy! :-)

Namida no Furusato (Hiro Version)
Namida no Furusato (Bump of Chicken)

And, there are some great Koizora MVs going around!

:cry: Ai no Uta
:cry: Bring me to Life
:cry: Somewhere only we know
:cry: Chasing Cars
:cry: Over Night
:cry: Amazed

VioletSakura

Post by VioletSakura » May 19th, '10, 05:16

Wow!!! You know a lot!!! Thanks!!! I think I've watched Ai no Uta (I'm crazy about the song!) and some others!!!
It's a shame there is no full version! I went crazy, when Mika had the song as her ringtone!!! :)
Thanks very much!
Oh! By the way! Can you name some songs by Koji's band? So I can download them? I REALLY-REALLY like to hear his voice!!!!

Baters182

Seto Koji

Post by Baters182 » May 29th, '10, 13:40

Cool fan vid about Seto Koji

Last edited by Baters182 on Jun 2nd, '10, 08:05, edited 2 times in total.

Baters182

Seto Koji

Post by Baters182 » May 29th, '10, 13:43

"KOIZORA" fan Video

Last edited by Baters182 on May 29th, '10, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.

Baters182

Seto Koji

Post by Baters182 » May 29th, '10, 16:48

lullabye

Re: Seto Koji

Post by lullabye » May 29th, '10, 17:28

Baters182 wrote:"KOIZORA" fun Video

No such thing as a "fun" Koizora video--I always start crying. But it is really nicely done!

Baters182

Seto Koji

Post by Baters182 » May 29th, '10, 17:54

No No No!!!
I didnt mean that its FUN!Wrong letter!I mean "FAN VIDEO"!
Sorry fof my english(((((

P@permoon

Post by P@permoon » Jun 1st, '10, 04:10

I think I have a big weakness for boys who can do center-splits ...
and pull off an elegant classical Arabesque, with their legs so heigh! :wub:
Seto is very graceful and flexible in his movements. He looks really amazing in the RG Performances! I kind of wish Yuta would again do an Individual Performance, just once more.
And draw the line at a tree, for Tsurumi. :glare:

Baters182

Post by Baters182 » Jun 4th, '10, 09:46

Baters182

Seto Koji

Post by Baters182 » Jun 10th, '10, 18:00

My new video about Seto Koji! I hope you`ll like it)))))))))

:wub:

kawaiisushigirl

Post by kawaiisushigirl » Jul 1st, '10, 12:47

he's sooO cute!! :wub:

sora_hime

Post by sora_hime » Sep 26th, '10, 02:03

heloo....^^
Long time I've not come here >_<
thanks to baters182 for the video... I'll look for it.. ^^

(I saw you posted it in Asian fanatics too XD)

Do you all know about DBA and ameba pigg??
Seto had a pic and will come there at sunday about 21.00 or 22.00 japan's time.
but not every week~~
the other member of dboys come too..

and seto will act in new drama
and also a movie for next year!! ^___^
*Happy*

I'll forward for it~ XDDD

Emis

Post by Emis » Sep 28th, '10, 10:15

Hello:) I've just registered here and I'm Koji's big fan.He is so taleneted and cute^ ^
I saw the information about ameba pigg,too.And i registered there in order to see Koji and other d-boys.But Japanese is so complicated,I didn't understand where are they exactly:)

banaili

Post by banaili » Oct 15th, '10, 14:06

Hi Koji fans!!! :D Tomo no fan desu!! ^_^/

Does anyone here like roleplaying/writing (in addition to loving Koji?? :wub: )?

Because I made a roleplay for the TV drama Tumbling, and we have every character except Takenaka Yuuta, Koji's character! And I can't for the life of me understand why no one has claimed him yet!! :blink

But if you guys are interested, you should really join, so we can share in the Koji love--I mean, roleplay fun together! :thumright:

http://tumblingtherpg.proboards.com/index.cgi

Hope to see you there!
:notworthy:

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Oct 15th, '10, 14:31

Emis wrote:Hello:) I've just registered here and I'm Koji's big fan.He is so taleneted and cute^ ^
I saw the information about ameba pigg,too.And i registered there in order to see Koji and other d-boys.But Japanese is so complicated,I didn't understand where are they exactly:)
When you are in pigg, go to the square with the large statue of Clark. That is Yoyogi Park. One of the D-DATE member's pigg visits there a few hours before D-BOYS Be Ambitious airs. But you must be there early! At least three hours before the visit is expected, because the slots fill up fast. And then you must keep your pigg active in the room so that it doesn't fall asleep and get kicked out. It is Ameba's way of forcing you to socialize (it is a social network site, after all). So, it is best if you can meet up with other pigg tomo-dachi to keep yourselves alert through the wait.

P@permoon

Post by P@permoon » Apr 19th, '11, 18:14

I just want to say that he was simply brilliant as Ranmaru in GOU ~Himetachi no Sengoku~ :wub:

In a short time, he was able to give his character all necessary traits that we read about in history books. Not only was he dazzlingly beautiful, but also a faithful aid, caring Lover and fierce Samurai. Full of charm, even his movement and pronunciation was full of elegance. It´s not easy to portray a historical character, especially not someone well-known as Ranmaru (in Japan this boy is really a Legend), but this was perfection.

It´s already been a few month since Nobunaga and Ranmaru deaths, but I´m still completely captivated by them. It was just that amazing!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Apr 27th, '11, 00:25

Papermoon,
I agree totally with you about Koji playing the Ranmaru role. He was superb. I was desolate once they were finished in the story. I wish they would make another drama about Nobunaga and Ranmaru with these tw oactors and carry it through much longer before the Honnoji day came. I greatly admire Nobunaga in history and Mori Ranmaru must have been a wonderful person for Nobunaga to trust him and love him totally.

Koji is the most beautiful creature isn't he.

Milkywaychen

Post by Milkywaychen » May 10th, '11, 01:32

P@permoon and Peggy, I totally felt the same way about Koji as Ranmaru! Just perfect! I couldn´t imagine him on someones else´s side other than Toyokawa Etsushi as Nobunaga. Their chemistry was great, you could see the passion between them in their parting moment. And then, Ranmaru fighting until the bitter end. Awesome! This was a high class scene, literally burning with emotions! I had the feeling that while they were in harmony, that Koji was surpassing Toyoetsu. Which is very impressive and shows his potential for me, because Toyetsu is a very good actor with a strong presence himself.

Wasn´t Ranmaru the youngest Daimyō ever and, next to his peerless beauty, also famous to be a child genius? It seems that their relationship was the biggest romance in japanese History too.
I would have loved to see more of them!

We need more pictures here! :wub:

Milkywaychen

Post by Milkywaychen » May 18th, '11, 03:07

:heart: :clap: :heart:

Image Image

Image Image

A few recent news:

:note: Funky Monkey Babys - Runway☆Beat
The official Music Video for the title song of Koji´s actual movie "Runway☆Beat". The story is about the young and unconventional designer Beat (Koji), who with his cheerfulness and talent is able to influence people around him. Beat moves from a small village where he lived with his grandpa, to his father in the city. The teenager makes new friends and brings fresh ideas into his new class. But at the same time has Beat to overcome his own difficulties, like the severe illness of a close friend and his cold attitude towards his own father, a senior designer for a fashion label. Something that Beat blames on his father, and a secret surrounding his mother, stands between them.

(watch Trailer)

And a photo of Koji at last weeks Press Conference for his newest movie "Moshidora". The story evolves around a troubled High School Baseball Team, that tries with the help of Drucker´s mangagement tips to make it to the finals at Koshien. Koji plays Keiichiro Asano, the teams Ace pitcher, who is the best player of the team, but doesn´t really care about their success, obviously.

(watch Trailer)

Milkywaychen

Drama update

Post by Milkywaychen » May 28th, '11, 17:42

Matsushita Nao stars in new drama adaptation of “Kurumi no Heya”

Actress Matsushita Nao (26), who became a household name last year with her role in the hit drama series “Gegege no Nyoubou,” will star in another NHK series called “Kurumi no Heya.”

The drama is based on a novel by the late screenwriter Mukoda Kuniko that was already adapted for television in 1982 (starring Ishida Ayumi) and in 1989 (starring Takeshita Keiko). The story is set in Tokyo around 1980, where the serious young woman Momoko struggles to shoulder the burden of keeping her family intact after her father gets laid off and then disappears.

NHK will broadcast the drama on Tuesdays at 10:00pm, for a total of six episodes between July 26 and August 30. Mukoda’s 30-year death anniversary is on August 22. The supporting cast features Kanie Keizo, Takeshita Keiko, Igawa Haruka, Usuda Asami, Seto Koji, Harada Taizo, and Nishida Naomi.
~Tokyograph

So looking forward to this Drama! :cheers:
And, it´s a brother/sister reunion too!
Koji and Nao have been siblings in Koizora too.

nasrifa

Post by nasrifa » Nov 16th, '11, 15:15

One of my friend was watching a movie in her laptop... then I start asking her what’s the title she said “Wedding Date” then she click desktop and started showing me some movies and I choose KOIZORA.. I just finished watching it a while ago.. I hate the ending but Seto is a good actor, he portrays his role very well... a new fan from Philippines :D

P@permoon

Post by P@permoon » Dec 17th, '11, 05:40

Seto Koji teams up with Goriki Ayame in “Teen Court”

Last week, it was revealed that actress Goriki Ayame (19) will be starring in a new drama series titled “Teen Court ~10-dai Saiban~.” It is now known that the male lead will be played by Seto Koji (23).

Inspired by the concept of teen courts in the United States, the drama’s premise involves teen court being introduced to Japan on a trial basis. Goriki plays Misato, a high school student who serves as a prosecutor. Because of her curiosity, she re-investigates the cases she works on, looking into things that seem unusual to her as a high school girl, which lead her to uncovering the real truth behind each incident.

Seto will play the part of Saburo, another student who teams up with Misato in her investigations.

The series will premiere on NTV on January 10, the day before D☆DATE’s new single “Love Heaven” goes on sale.

Tokyograph
Oricon
Ishihara Satomi stars in “Sadako 3D” with Seto Koji

Actress Ishihara Satomi (24) will star in the “Sadako 3D” movie, it has been revealed. This will be her first lead role in a horror film. It has also been revealed that D-BOYS and D☆DATE member Seto Koji (23) will play the role of her boyfriend.

The “Sadako 3D” movie was first announced by Kadokawa Pictures this past February. The movie is an original story revolving around Sadako, the iconic character from the “Ring” horror series. The character is known for her long black hair covering her face, and for a famous scene in which she comes out from the screen of a television set.

Ishihara plays the role of Ayukawa Akane, who works as a teacher at an all-girls high school. She hears a rumor about a video of a live broadcast of a suicide that was submitted to an online video site. Soon, one of her students dies in a mysterious death, and a series of similar deaths occurs in other areas. The police conclude that the incidents are all suicides, but their common point is that they were all watching a certain video online just before their deaths.

Seto plays Ando Takanori, a web designer who is Akane’s boyfriend.

“Sadako 3D” is directed by Hanabusa Tsutomu (“Koukou Debut”). Filming already finished on December 16, and the release date has been set for May 12, 2012.

Tokyograph
Eiga
EXCITED! :w000t: :w000t: :w000t:

Welcome nasrifa! :-)

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Dec 17th, '11, 06:58

These new roles seem so interesting. I am excited to see how he portrays them!

Milkywaychen

Post by Milkywaychen » Jun 23rd, '12, 23:13

NHK’s new drama ‘Nemureru Mori no Jukujo’ brings together Kusakari Tamiyo & Seto Koji as lead pair

After making her small screen debut in 2010 with NHK’s Taiga drama ‘Ryomaden’, retired ballerina Kusakari Tamiyo will take the centre stage with her new drama series ‘Nemureru Mori no Jukujo’. Once again NHK has offered her the platform to do something different, and this time with a lead role. The series hits the small screen in September and is being waited for with much anticipation.

The graceful ballerina started dancing professionally at the age of eight and won the first prize at the Japan Ballet Competition of 1987. In 2009 she was forced to retire from dancing because of hernia complications that almost rendered her to a wheelchair. Reinventing herself as an actress, this latest romantic comedy sees her essay the role of ‘Aizawa Chinami’, a 46-year-old housewife undergoing a divorce.

The 9-part series will go on air from September 4th to October 30th. The story revolves around ‘Takaoka Yusuke’ (played by Seto Koji), the heir of a global hotel chain and Chinami. Chinami’s husband (Haba Yuichi) seeks divorce because he wants to remarry his first love (Moriguchi Yoko). To keep custody over her son Chinami has to seek a job and starts working in a luxury hotel where she meets Yusuke, the perfect prince. Little does she know that this perfect persona is just a sham and under the mask is a ‘terrible and mean person’! Enough of the spoilers, lets wait till September to enjoy this telly drama.

Japan Daily Press
Wow! This is rare and daring, I think. I mean, their age difference is huge, he is exactly half her age. I can´t wait for it to start, really curious! :shocked:

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 24th, '12, 04:30

Milkywaychen wrote:Wow! This is rare and daring, I think. I mean, their age difference is huge, he is exactly half her age. I can´t wait for it to start, really curious! :shocked:
I am also really looking forward to this. I want to see how the story will work, that such a young man will fall in love with a woman twice his age. It will be interesting!

Milkywaychen

Post by Milkywaychen » Jun 25th, '12, 22:48

Yes and since it´s clearly a romance drama, they can´t beat around the bush for long and have them get together. But they are so different, and then there is also her son.
I love how Koji´s characters are always totally unconventional and complex. :wub:

But before ‘Nemureru Mori no Jukujo’, we will get to see him as cool spy in a mini-series titled ‘Spy Tokku’ (ako ‘Spy Zone’), written and directed by Shiota Akihiko.

Ryosuke Aono is a spy, active in Yokohama´s Minato Mirai, who is working as fortune-teller during daytime.
When he began working as spy with 19 years, he underwent a change of his appearance by receiving a face transplant from another person.

That´s sounding spine-tingling, doesn´t it? The story evolves around him in a surreal world, in which spies are fighting against each other ...

P@permoon

Post by P@permoon » Jun 30th, '12, 12:17

Oh that´s great! I´m looking forward to watch both series. Is it just me, or does his part in Nemureru Mori no Jukujo has some Dorian Gray vibe to it? But then, it´s a romantic comedy, so it surely isn´t going to be as tragically, but that Prince sounds like a great part for Koji. I love his complex roles too, and how he is able to transform into them.

Spy Tokku looks very interesting as well. Has there ever been a movie character who is a spy and had a real face transplant? Because I can´t recall to have ever read about this backround before. Face masques are often done and almost a standard in spy movies it seems, but a transplanted face from another persons sounds intriguingly. I also like Shiota Akihiko as a director a lot and how he handles his protagonists. From a interview (fulll here):
Of course there is this ambivalence in my films, but it's this ambivalence that is most interesting to me. That means there is a contrast in a character, a harsh one even. They have a weak point and a very powerful point. When these two points come together there is a kind of explosion. When I cast the actors for my films I always try to find people who can express this ambivalence of the characters, this weakness at the same time as strength.
The stories of his movies are also quite unique. I´m curious how Spy Tokku will turn out!

Milkywaychen

Post by Milkywaychen » Jul 21st, '12, 01:04

I watched the first 3 episodes of ‘Spy Tokku’ and wow, this story is really thrilling. I find Ryosuke a very interesting person, even though he is very shadowy and almost coldhearted in his actions, it´s easy to be drawn in by him and to want to follow him. And then there is the twist from today´s episode, too!
It took me totally by surprise. Now, Ryosuke isn´t himself anymore? He underwent another face-change? Who is who now?!
I´m looking forward to next week. Everything is leading to a big face-off (lol)!
Koji is amazing here again! :wub:

Milkywaychen

Post by Milkywaychen » Aug 15th, '13, 12:34

I´m sorry, only reposting, because maybe a few fans haven´t read the news yet. :)
Seto Koji and Kitano Kie to star in Live-Action Haganai Movie

Cinema Today Movie News announced that Seto Koji and Kitano Kie are co-starring for the first time together in the live-action film adapation of "Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai" (lit. "I don't have many friends", short called "Haganai"), a popular light novel by author Hirasaka Yomi, which sold more than 5.55 million copies. The movie is hitting theatres on New Year 2014 with a completely original story, making it a stand-alone work based on the original novel.

The story about a group of friendless young people who founded the "Neighbor Club" to make friends, has gained since it´s release as light novel in 2009, popularity as Manga and Anime TV Series adaption, too. Seto Koji plays the protagonist Segawa Kotaka, a half-british/half-japanese student, who just transfered to St. Chronica's Academy, a Catholic high school. But like on all the other former schools he attended, is Kotaka finding it difficult to make friends here as well. Mostly because he is prejudged by his schoolmates for his naturally blond-hair and fierce-looking eyes, that gives him the look of a delinquent and scares others off. Seto Koji dyed his hair for the first time blond and confessed about his part: "First of all, the impression that this heartbreaking title was destined. This is, because I also have few friends. In this movie appear persons that don´t have friends out of many different reasons. I tried to perform the cause for Kodaka boldly, but carefully. I think this movie is giving a new sense of comedy for our audience to enjoy. And such a work that stays thought-provoking after you watched it.

At his side is Kitano Kie playing the part of Yozora Mikazuki, a sullen girl with a "imaginary friend". Other cast member include Otani Mio, Takatsuki Sara, Kanjou Mao, Kubota Sayu, Yamada Momoka, Kurihara Louis, Watanabe Dai and Yoshizumi Ishihara. The filming ended in June 2013, directed by Takuro Oikawa.

Seto Koji takes the lead in "Judge"

The cast for Yoshiki Tonogai´s bestselling manga´s live-action movie adaption "Judge" got revealed today. The protagonist in the psychological thriller is played by Seto Koji, his female co-star is Arimura Kasumi. The talented actor Seto appears in the upcoming successive blockbusters "Sadako 3D" movie series and "Haganai", Arimura is known for playing the young Haruko Amano in NHK´s "Amachan". Both young actors are breaking new ground in the roles as sinner.

In the story of "Judge", nine young strangers wake up and find themselves wearing strange animal masks in a shuttered old courtroom. They are accused of sins, each resembling one of the seven deadly sins: wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony. Every 12 hour they must judge and sacrifice each other one by one, until only four are left alive. All have to play the game, or they will die together. The animal masks the participants are made to wear are connected to their sins. Seto stars as the wolf, who suffers from "rage", hidden in his dark past, in which he once caused a tragic accident. Arimura appears in a original role as the lion, presenting the sin of "arrogance". And as greedy fox completes Sato Jiro the cast.

"Judge" molds classics of the suspense genre like "SAW" and "Liar Game" in a cunning and unexpected way. The filming under the direction of Yo Kohatsu endet in early june. The movie is released nationwide on november the 8th 2013.

And of course Sadako 3D 2!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3T4wAJRAQko" frameborder="0"></iframe>

:w000t: I´m so looking forward to all three movies!!! :w000t:

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Nov 10th, '13, 07:12

Has anyone had a chance to see either Sadako 3D 2 or JUDGE?