[Discussion] Tokyo DOGS:Shun Oguri, Mizushima Hiro

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
sukihinata

[Discussion] Tokyo DOGS:Shun Oguri, Mizushima Hiro

Post by sukihinata » Aug 26th, '09, 00:34

Starring: Shun Oguri, Mizushima Hiro, Yoshitaka Yuriko..etc

News:
Fuji TV has unveiled its next Monday night drama series. Tentatively titled "Tokyo DOGS ~Saiaku de Saikou no Partner~," the show will feature popular actors Shun Oguri (26) and Hiro Mizushima (25) teaming up as police detectives.

"Tokyo DOGS" will be the first true police drama to air in Fuji TV's Monday 9:00pm time slot. This is also the first time for either actor to be cast in that time slot.

Oguri has the starring role as Sou Takakura, who witnessed his father's murder at a young age. Pledging to catch the killer, he grows up to become an elite cop in New York City, where the criminal lives. His character is cool-headed and disciplined, yet adapts well. Because of major drug dealings, he gets sent to Tokyo to conduct a joint investigation with the Japanese police. There, he gets teamed up with a detective from a special investigative division (Mizushima).

Mizushima's character is a hot-blooded fighting expert due to his earlier days as a delinquent, but he makes a strong impression with his stylish appearance and is always interested in going on group dates. His personality, interests, and investigation methods are completely mismatched with Oguri's, but the two somehow work together to crack the case they've been given.

Cast in the heroine role is Yuriko Yoshitaka (21), playing a mysterious woman who holds the key to the case, though she has lost part of her memory due to trauma. Her relationship to the two actors will also be one of the drama's key points.

"Tokyo DOGS" will premiere this October.

Big news for all Oguri Shun fans, the 26 years-old actor is going to have the starring role in Fuji TV’s next Monday-09pm dorama "Tokyo DOGS ~Worst and Best Partners~" that’s starting in October. It’s the first time ever that Fuji TV is going to air an original police dorama in their most prestigious time slot for doramas.Oguri will play an elite cop from the New York Police Department, but as the title already suggest, he won’t be working alone. His partner who experienced a sudden rise from being a delinquent to being a detective at the police headquarter is going to be played by Mizushima Hiro (25), yet another very popular young ikemen actor. Fuji TV is already counting with quite some high ratings and there is no reason why they shouldn’t.
Let’s look at some more detailed infos about their roles. Oguri’s role is an elite detective at the NY Police Department who originally has been working in the military. At work he seems to be calm and serious, but that doesn’t mean that he can’t adapt to all kind of situations. He is coming to Japan and (the setting is New York, according to Fuji TV) will work together with the Japanese Metropolitan Police Department in a joint operation in order to bust some large-scale drug dealings that are happening at the moment. He is going to work together with a detective from the Special Investigation Division, played by Mizushima.
Mizushima is a martial expert who used to be a delinquent and in a biker gang himself. He has a really hot-blooded character with a lot of hobbies that even intensify his cool and strong image, an unusual new role for Mizushima. Those 2 different personalities will have no other choice but to work as partners which is going to cause some really interesting negotiations, not to mention that great "buddy vibe" that is hopefully going to attract a lot of viewers.
Oguri himself is already quite excited about this dorama, "With such amazing coactors, I can’t help but being excited right from the beginning." Mizushima too, "It’s my first Monday-09pm dorama and I can’t wait to show a totally new side of me."
The regular readers of this site probably already wonder why I posted this here, but don’t worry, there IS going to be space enough for a heroine role. No other than the quickly rising Yoshitaka Yuriko (21) is going to play a very important key figure to all the events taking place in the dorama. Yoshitaka is just as excited as the other male leads. "I’m so nervous and excited that I’m shivering right now. I’d like to take advantage of this nervousness and use it as an impulse to dash forward."
A whole new face for the Monday-09pm and I couldn’t be more excited about Fuji TV’s change of course.

Summary of the Dorama:
Takakura So witnessed his father's murder at a young age. Pledging to catch the killer, he grows up to become an elite cop in New York City, where the criminal lives. His character is cool-headed and disciplined, yet adapts well. Because of major drug dealings, he gets sent to Tokyo to conduct a joint investigation with the Japanese police. There, he gets teamed up with, Kudo Maruo, a detective from a special investigative division. Kudo is a hot-blooded fighting expert due to his earlier days as a delinquent, but he makes a strong impression with his stylish appearance and is always interested in going on group dates. His personality, interests, and investigation methods are completely mismatched with Takakura's, but the two somehow work together to crack the case they've been given.[/b]

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 26th, '09, 10:06

I just can't wait for this drama. I know is going to be my most fav drama of the next season. Love all 3 of its actors/actress. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Aug 26th, '09, 12:11

I hope that this dorama will get satisfaction as much as BOSS got or even more why not ^^ because I think a police dorama these days is a little bit challenging, but let's wish all the best for these two. Never seen Hiro in a hot-blooded role before and I hope that he will have a different hairstyle here *other than the one in MR. BRAIN*. Oguri has been out of jail for couple of months now XD *Smile* his last role there was really so devilish! so he better recreate his image ;) jk

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 26th, '09, 12:51

I can totally imagine Shun's "cool-headed and disciplined" character because how i usually think of him. not to mention his Hanazawa Rui character that just pops out in my mind and i really like it.

but never seen Hiro in "hot-blooded fighting expert " before. maybe something similar to his DROP movie character? as for his hair, yes, i did not like his Mr Brain hairod much but i kind of liked his Room Of King/Mei-chan's hair.

and to be honest, i was very disappointed with BOSS after ep1. i thought only last 2 eps were great. pitty because it had such promising cast. somehow i have a feeling that Tokyo DOGS may have better rating than BOSS. because it has younger cast. Shun is always popular and Hiro and Yoriko are rising stars at the moment with very high popularity.
I am just TOO excited for this drama. I hope i won't be disappinted.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Aug 26th, '09, 13:20

i can't wait!
Amazing cast + Interesting Police Storyline = Awesome Drama

i like Hiro's description as a "hot-blooded fighting expert ".
I have never seen him do that kind of role for a drama.

lunas

Post by lunas » Aug 26th, '09, 13:21

From the summary, it look like the storyline will be something like Unfair, Gonzo type of police drama, I just hope it's true. Cannot help but think that Fuji is somewhat going for the rating with its casting. Other than Hiro hair, I hope he'll also fix his brows too, it too thin right now.

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 26th, '09, 13:33

lunas wrote:From the summary, it look like the storyline will be something like Unfair, Gonzo type of police drama, I just hope it's true. Cannot help but think that Fuji is somewhat going for the rating with its casting. Other than Hiro hair, I hope he'll also fix his brows too, it too thin right now.
you are right. specially that thin eye brows does not really match with hot-blooded fighting expert character.
i seriously hate it when j-actors do their brows. :crazy:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Aug 26th, '09, 14:05

Issy wrote:I can totally imagine Shun's "cool-headed and disciplined" character because how i usually think of him. not to mention his Hanazawa Rui character that just pops out in my mind and i really like it..
yes, that's true.. i think most people have this view of him.. I was only talking about his last role^^
Issy wrote:as for his hair, yes, i did not like his Mr Brain hairod much but i kind of liked his Room Of King/Mei-chan's hair.
:pray: for a cool hairdo
Issy wrote:and to be honest, i was very disappointed with BOSS after ep1. i thought only last 2 eps were great. pitty because it had such promising cast. somehow i have a feeling that Tokyo DOGS may have better rating than BOSS. because it has younger cast. Shun is always popular and Hiro and Yoriko are rising stars at the moment with very high popularity.
I am just TOO excited for this drama. I hope i won't be disappinted.

yah, I've read your comments in BOSS's thread.. hmm I can see what you mean but it got somehow high ratings and the Best Drama award for that season. I guess Tokyo DOGS would be a different case as the reasons u gave PLUS it's time slot itself of course.. anyway hoping for a real different dorama~

Good News: English subs
(Hard) TimeLesSub (Tentative - Aug 25, 2009)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Aug 26th, '09, 14:07

lunas wrote:Other than Hiro hair, I hope he'll also fix his brows too, it too thin right now.
lol XD

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 26th, '09, 14:24

@Mis S Lonliah
:P no worries. i know you were talking about his character in Smile. and even that character was still cool in his gangster/mudurer way. that was the first time when i really hated Shun's character. he is very good actor in portraying different personalities so well but still has this calm and cool image.

Great News about subs. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: this just completed my excitement and happiness. :lol

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Aug 26th, '09, 14:48

@Issy: yah he was still cool and hot :P

yah, but I wonder why it's 'Tentative' !! not 'announced ' as usual..
http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Jdrama_Fans ... #Fall_2009
PLZ TimeLesSub keep it up :)

likapoi

Post by likapoi » Aug 26th, '09, 14:57

Waa, can´t wait to watch this. Missed Oguri Shun soo much! :wub:

chisato

Post by chisato » Aug 26th, '09, 19:38

this is great news!! I love to watch shun and hiro together in one drama!!! and the storyline sounds interesting too, this drama is definitely something to look forward to next season.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Aug 27th, '09, 01:29

Will be watching this drama next season. Shun! Yay! and Yuriko :wub:

Hiro and Shun bring back the Hana Kimi magic lol.

tunix_2008

Post by tunix_2008 » Sep 2nd, '09, 11:17

:w000t: I nearly fell off my seat reading the casting for this drama. After watching jdramas for sometime, we speculated that we could recognize at least three actors in any given series -- but this takes the cake. We've seen both Shun and Hiro in at least 5 dramas each and we've recently seen Yuriko in Love Shuffle, where, I should say, she gave a breakthrough performance. I can't wait to see this! :dance:

:clap: And thank heavens Timelessub is taking interest --not only are they very good, they're very quick too. They did Mr. Brain in record time.

:lol It's so funny that everyone agrees that Shun is the tailor-made for this cool-headed character. And that it's a novelty for Hiro to play a hot-headed character. We totally agree!!!

Another point we agree on : better hairdo for Hiro! :pray:

:scratchchin: Stunt casting for ratings for Fuji? Could be, but who cares? Even if the story really sucks (though it does not seem so) -- two major hotties as leads in one series? They could make a hundred stupid episodes, we'd still be watching! :wub:

:tv: Time to find that pizza delivery's number -- this sounds like another marathon screening come December. :alcoholic:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 7th, '09, 21:14

The newly announced cast members include Tomokazu Miura as Takakura's boss and Yoshiko Tanaka as Takakura's mother. Nene Otsuka plays the section chief of the special investigative division, while Ryo Katsuji, Mikihisa Azuma, and Kotaro Shiga play fellow detectives. Rie Tomosaka, Asami Usuda, Takuya Yoshimura, and Kensei Mikami have also been cast on the show.

tokyograph

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Sep 8th, '09, 02:01

This is definitely on my watch-list for next season :mrgreen:
Yay for Oguri Shun's new dorama :cheers: And with Hiro~~~~ I just can't wait to watch the interaction between those two characters ^^... And Yoshitaka Yuriko is my latest favorite actress :lol
Another police drama? Why not? :salut:
ps: I agree that Hiro need new hairdo :P

Aoiblue

Post by Aoiblue » Sep 8th, '09, 02:28

MUST.......SEE........WHEN........ITS.........OUT :crazy:

JenDaArc

Post by JenDaArc » Sep 9th, '09, 06:19

definitely gonna be glued to this drama! I'm a huge fan of Oguri Shun and I can imagine that he'll looks as kakkoi as though he's still playing the Hanazawa Rui character which is my favorite till now.

With wonderful casts all lined up and good publicity I'm just hoping the police storyline compliments it..It'd be a disappointment to see my oujisama working in a non-performing drama but when it comes to Shun, I'm sure it'll turn out really great!! ganbatte Shun!!

noobee

Post by noobee » Sep 9th, '09, 16:29

this is so cool!

blackskies

Post by blackskies » Sep 11th, '09, 06:23

Ridiculously excited for this one. I think Shun is by far one of the better actors out there =)

Xanthos

Post by Xanthos » Sep 16th, '09, 02:59

After my major disappointment with BOSS last season, I hope TOKYO DOGS will assure me that BOSS is a one time bad detective dorama from fuji tv. :w00t:

Orbity

Post by Orbity » Sep 16th, '09, 03:50

Xanthos wrote:After my major disappointment with BOSS last season, I hope TOKYO DOGS will assure me that BOSS is a one time bad detective dorama from fuji tv. :w00t:
Bad... I thought BOSS was excellent.

dewiku

Post by dewiku » Sep 16th, '09, 04:33

Xanthos wrote:After my major disappointment with BOSS last season, I hope TOKYO DOGS will assure me that BOSS is a one time bad detective dorama from fuji tv. :w00t:
disagree with u...BOSS is excellent drama...one of spring drma got high ratings too...

mowgwie

Post by mowgwie » Sep 16th, '09, 04:48

This should be a good one.

Actually, I like it when Japanese singers and actors wax their eyebrows. Never did like the heavy, Frida Kahlo kind of uni-brow look (like Nagase from Tokio).

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 16th, '09, 06:07

BOSS team and the chemistry between them was excellent I believe, and the drama got the following awards:
* 61st Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Drama
* 61st Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Actress - Amami Yuki
* 61st Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Supporting Actor - Takenouchi Yutaka
* 61st Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Directors - Mitsuno Michio, Ishii Yusuke, Hoshino Kazunari, Narita Takeshi
* 13th Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix (Spring 2009): Best Actress - Amami Yuki

I guess Tokyo DOGS might be completely different from BOSS and we can't compare them to each other really, but I hope TD will be able to get such awards and ratings!

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Sep 16th, '09, 06:25

IMO, BOSS and TD are of different genres. BOSS is more of comedic detective series. (Had plenty LOL time while subbing it. :lol ) And TD will probably be a more serious type detective drama.

Well what ever the drama will be. I'm just glad to be able to watch Shun in small screen again. And he seems to have add a bit of weight (muscle?) judging from his Tajomaru promo pics. :wub:
Last edited by darynrose on Sep 16th, '09, 08:32, edited 1 time in total.

menaine

Post by menaine » Sep 16th, '09, 07:45

narimiya hiroki will be a guest star on the first epi
source: unleashthegeek

whooaa,,, shun - narimiya is back...

is there any posibility Takac appear as guest star too? lol

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Sep 16th, '09, 07:54

OMG, great news.

Oguri Shun and Narimiya Hiroki in one screen! *gasps* I'm now extremely excited for this.

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Sep 16th, '09, 08:30

Eh, for me, BOSS is a good one~~~ I love all the cast and the little touch of comedy here and there... Maybe the story wasn't that excellent, but not a bad one for me~~~ :roll But, that's my opinion though~~~

Xanthos

Post by Xanthos » Sep 16th, '09, 09:32

Lemme rephrase myself.

IMO, The storyline in BOSS is disappointing. It has a great ensemble cast, good acting but bad story. Every case in the series is extremely predictable, giving me no anticipation on what's going to happen next.

It got a little better in the last 2 episode. If not for Toda Erika, I doubt I will even complete the series. =P

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Sep 16th, '09, 09:58

Xanthos wrote:Lemme rephrase myself.

IMO, The storyline in BOSS is disappointing. It has a great ensemble cast, good acting but bad story. Every case in the series is extremely predictable, giving me no anticipation on what's going to happen next.

It got a little better in the last 2 episode. If not for Toda Erika, I doubt I will even complete the series. =P
Hmmn... I kinda' understand what you mean... *nods head* Yeah, it were predictable and indeed the last two episode caught my attention more than the previous episode (even though I also can predict the ending like the previous cases)~~ I just think it BOSS wasn't that bad at least, like you've said, because it has great cast.... ^^/v

ps: sorry if I get out of topic a little.... I know that this suppose to be Tokyo DOGS topic :P

Xanthos

Post by Xanthos » Sep 16th, '09, 10:50

yea. let's get back to topic. lol.

This is a must watch for me. but I only watch dramas that are completed. I hate waiting for episodes :P

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Sep 16th, '09, 21:25

This is a gotta see too :P WOW what a match up Hiro and Shun ...lets hope its good :whistling: (don't kill me) :whistling: :cry:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 17th, '09, 09:53

EXILE does "Tokyo DOGS" theme

Popular group EXILE has been chosen to do the theme song for the drama series "Tokyo DOGS," which premieres next month. The song is a ballad titled "Futatsu no Kuchibiru."

This will be EXILE's first time providing a main theme for Fuji TV's Monday night drama time slot, though their debut single "Your eyes only" was used as an insert song in 2001's "Dekichatta Kekkon." For "Tokyo DOGS," they will also do an insert song.

"Futatsu no Kuchibiru" will be released as a double A-side with "THE GENERATION" on November 11.

Tokyograph

phoinos

Post by phoinos » Sep 17th, '09, 23:17

Am I the only one who doesn't like Oguri Shun? Every drama I've seen him in, he plays the same emotionless, moody guy.

Maybe I'm just hating on him because I really, really hated Hanazawa Rui, though, lol.

Luckily Mizushima Hiro more than makes up for Oguri Shun's presence here. I love, love, love Hiro. He's such a hottie, and his acting skills impress me. Considering this is set nominally with an NYPD background, I'm also hoping to hear more of his impressive English skills. XD

I'll be watching this, despite my irrational dislike of Oguri Shun. I'm really looking forward to it.

lovecookie

Post by lovecookie » Sep 20th, '09, 12:42

picking up this drama series for the fall other than My Girl. great casting can lead to a great drama! I am so excited to see Yoshitaka Yuriko again!

noobee

Post by noobee » Sep 20th, '09, 13:48

i wanna watch it!

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Sep 21st, '09, 20:43

And what the date for this show again :lol :P

Xanthos

Post by Xanthos » Sep 21st, '09, 21:04

phoinos wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't like Oguri Shun? Every drama I've seen him in, he plays the same emotionless, moody guy.

Maybe I'm just hating on him because I really, really hated Hanazawa Rui, though, lol.

Luckily Mizushima Hiro more than makes up for Oguri Shun's presence here. I love, love, love Hiro. He's such a hottie, and his acting skills impress me. Considering this is set nominally with an NYPD background, I'm also hoping to hear more of his impressive English skills. XD

I'll be watching this, despite my irrational dislike of Oguri Shun. I'm really looking forward to it.
Oguri Shun is quite a good actor IMO. Look at the roles he took and how versatile he is.

For e.g.
In GTO, acting as a builled kid.
Stand Up!!, a soccer nerd
HYD, Always calm and emotionless Rui,
CROWS ZERO, Hell of a badass
SMILE, basically a psycho

He did well in portraying all types of character making them pretty convincing. Unlike some *cough* yama *cough*. :P Who I don't hate, just comparing the acting ability. =P

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 22nd, '09, 20:46

Xanthos wrote:Unlike some *cough* yama *cough*. :P Who I don't hate, just comparing the acting ability. =P
LOL :mrgreen: you're right!! I wonder why we still can't hate him XD

Jayme8me

Post by Jayme8me » Sep 22nd, '09, 20:58

YaY I can't wait I love Hiro and Shun>_<

It sounds super fun!!!!XD

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Sep 24th, '09, 18:48

MisS Lonliah wrote:
Xanthos wrote:Unlike some *cough* yama *cough*. :P Who I don't hate, just comparing the acting ability. =P
LOL :mrgreen: you're right!! I wonder why we still can't hate him XD
:rofl: :scratchchin:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Sep 24th, '09, 18:49

Jayme8me wrote:YaY I can't wait I love Hiro and Shun>_<

It sounds super fun!!!!XD
I know right :wub: :heart: :w000t:

lo-chan

Post by lo-chan » Sep 24th, '09, 19:31

I can't wait for this one... Need to see it now! Shun just gets hotter and hotter :)

Jayme8me

Post by Jayme8me » Sep 24th, '09, 20:27

I don't think people really care about Shun's acting they just like looking at him. :|

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Sep 24th, '09, 20:47

Actually, Shun isn't really all that great looking I think. He's slightly above average looking but I wouldn't call him very handsome. He looks good as certain characters but it might be due to the make up, stylist and photographer. His acting skills are quite a large range though and he does a good job at his roles so that its convincing.

lo-chan

Post by lo-chan » Sep 24th, '09, 21:27

seirin wrote:Actually, Shun isn't really all that great looking I think. He's slightly above average looking but I wouldn't call him very handsome. He looks good as certain characters but it might be due to the make up, stylist and photographer. His acting skills are quite a large range though and he does a good job at his roles so that its convincing.
I didn't think he was good looking when I first started liking him , but I really admired his acting and dedication to work.... But I think he's gotten really good looking with age! Not in a pretty boy way, but in a hot manly way :) He's got a really characteristic face (and voice)
But I'm biased

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 25th, '09, 00:44

Jayme8me wrote:I don't think people really care about Shun's acting they just like looking at him. :|
I have to disagree too. Shun is not one of those actors that capture your heart by first sight because he is a pretty face. his style of acting is the one that captures you the most. he is very unique in his acting and every one of his role is just different.

even though i really like both Hiro and shun but have to say that shun's experience in acting is much longer than Hiro's. he has proven himself to be one of the best actors out there.

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Sep 25th, '09, 01:36

Jayme8me wrote:I don't think people really care about Shun's acting they just like looking at him. :|
Eh?? :scratch: I didn't like Oguri Shun just because he's good looking or because I just like 'looking' at him... I like him because of his acting skills and he played some different character so far, from white horse prince in HYD, the bad boy in Crows Zero, and the bullied student in GTO.... and the his last character in Smile kind of frighten me LOL...

For me, if I want to see another pretty face Japanese actor to be looking at, I'll go with Johnny's drama instead. :P

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Sep 25th, '09, 03:19

I admit I like looking at him, but he isn't really a traditional pretty boy. I think part of the attraction is that he's not an all-around entertainer, he's actually an actor. And pretty versatile, too.
If he's hot in this, I'll be ogling him like a crazy woman, if not, I'll watch it either way. It's been a while since he's been a lead in a drama, so hopefully this will be good. Pairing him with Hiro is pretty weird. It's not like I dislike Hiro, but he hasn't really convinced me. Hopefully they'll have good chemistry!

Xanthos

Post by Xanthos » Sep 25th, '09, 04:26

I didn't find Shun good looking until HYD. Before HYD, his hairstyle is just terrible. *Thinks of Stand Up!! & Gokusen*

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Sep 27th, '09, 00:42

Issy wrote:
I have to disagree too. Shun is not one of those actors that capture your heart by first sight because he is a pretty face. his style of acting is the one that captures you the most. he is very unique in his acting and every one of his role is just different.

even though i really like both Hiro and shun but have to say that shun's experience in acting is much longer than Hiro's. he has proven himself to be one of the best actors out there.
Yea i must say thats true ... at first i didn'ty like his looks .. yea that change now ... :P

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Sep 27th, '09, 00:43

Xanthos wrote:I didn't find Shun good looking until HYD. Before HYD, his hairstyle is just terrible. *Thinks of Stand Up!! & Gokusen*
Yup me too .. It was like OMG ... :glare: :mrgreen:

But Still Can't wait for the drama :cheers: :cheers:

Jayme8me

Post by Jayme8me » Sep 27th, '09, 11:57

I've only seen him in HYD and Hana Kimi, so I'm just saying what I picked up from fans from those fourms.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 28th, '09, 22:50

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 28th, '09, 23:05

spoiler ep1 + 2
jk :P

credits to unleashthegeek

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 29th, '09, 06:11

More stuff from the official website >>>

ImageImageImage

Another CM

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 29th, '09, 22:00

I'm not liking Hiro's look at all. those thin eyebrows do not match his tough character in the story at all. even though they tried to fix it with that stupid facial hair. :crazy:

@Mis S Lonilah
i know i said it before, but your sigi is SOOOOOO distracting. :wub:

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Sep 30th, '09, 12:29

Jayme8me wrote:

I've only seen him in HYD and Hana Kimi, so I'm just saying what I picked up from fans from those fourms.
:glare: Ah, so you just watched that two of his drama (where in both dramas he played Prince-charming role) and already made such judgment about him.... LOL no wonder....

Anyway... I what's with Hiro's super 'thick' eyebrow LOL...
^ Thanks for sharing those pictures~~~ :D

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 1st, '09, 21:17

Again random pictures...

Image :P

@Issy: thanks again XD
plz feel free to use it :) or I'll be glad to make u another one! just PM me if u would like to

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Oct 2nd, '09, 16:59

Issy wrote:I'm not liking Hiro's look at all. those thin eyebrows do not match his tough character in the story at all. even though they tried to fix it with that stupid facial hair. :crazy:
:glare: I know what u mean :pale: yet another one i don't like :crazy:

garcon

Post by garcon » Oct 3rd, '09, 13:22

it is shun that makes me wanna watch this..he's really a good actor..Although i know how versatile he is..--it's just so weird that i dont get used to it.He gives you a fresh feel when he plays his roles..that's why im looking forward for this drama..

wobblywalker

Post by wobblywalker » Oct 3rd, '09, 14:35

I enjoy watching both of these actors, hugely looking forward to this drama! Aww, I like bushy eyebrows, I thought Jun M looked so cute in Kimi Wa Petto, then he thinned his eyebrows for other series and I didn't like it as well. I love detective series too, I really want to see this!
:)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 9th, '09, 09:23

Oguri & Mizushima like each other, A LOT
read the article from here
Written by: www.kawaii-joyuu.com

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 9th, '09, 11:01

@Mis S Lonliah
Thanks lot for the info. (see your pm) :P

it's so funny how shun said they might see eachother after this finished. :lol
"Hiro's face is beautiful"? i would agree 100% if he looked like the way he did in Mei-chan. that was total heart stopping look. saying this, i am kind of getting used to his look for some reasons so i think i should be fine by the time drama starts. but there is no denying in that Hiro is one really pretty boy. :wub:

as for shun, even though he has similar look to his Smile character but he seems very matrure and grown up to me now. just different from his other characters.
I really can't wait for the drama to start. :cheers:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Oct 9th, '09, 19:50

It also looked like they had fun filming this :-) .. soon it will be here and I'm waiting to see it, :P
In some of the clips it can of reminds me of Mr. Brian :roll :whistling: Just saying okay :whistling:

Salz

Post by Salz » Oct 10th, '09, 10:46

lol :blink
i do care of his acting and im sure other people too is not tooo shallow just watching to look at their face but not their acting..most people now do appreciate good acting than just looking at their face and Shun and Hiro is both very good actors.

im a big fan of Shun but it is not his look that make me his fan but his very versatile and great acting :salut:
i have being his fan since GTO, Summer Snow and always follow his drama...
he is not a beautiful or gorgeous guys like some other idol/actor but he is good looking, have a manly look and very hot :wub:
he is aging very well and getting more and more handsome now...

and i am sure most people like him for his acting not just for his look and he is always versatile in any of his roles...
im looking forward for another of his wonderful acting in this drama and in the future..he is a very talented man and does not need his good look only to succeed coz he is very hardworking and he have TALENT :thumleft:

noop

Post by noop » Oct 18th, '09, 14:01

someone/group's gonna sub this dorama, right?

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 19th, '09, 05:51

noop wrote:someone/group's gonna sub this dorama, right?
yes TimeLesSub group will release Hardsubs

menaine

Post by menaine » Oct 19th, '09, 21:35

so ., how was the first epi?
anyone watch it?

i'll be waiting hardsub from timeless

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Oct 20th, '09, 00:25

The first ep was good! Good chemistry between the main actors. Interesting plot and very funny interactions. Reminds me a bit of American police comedies. Plus Shun's and Hiro's expressions are just so hilarious when they have a go at each other. :lol
Really looking forward to rewatch subbed. Too bad my Japanese still sucks ;)

voldemort

Post by voldemort » Oct 20th, '09, 07:45

I was hoping for softsubs, those are so much easier to handle than hard ones!

Anyway I'm eager to see those actors in the same drama. Hope the storyline won't be too annoying though... you can't make a good drama just by having good actors in it!

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 20th, '09, 08:38

Ratings of Ep.01 (The Birth of the Worst and Best Buddies!) in Kanto was 18.7

Salz

Post by Salz » Oct 20th, '09, 12:28

yay hopefully the rating would stay that good or at leaststay over 15% for every ep coz i want Shun first Getsuku drama to be successful<33