[Discussion] My Girl ( Masaki Aiba & Yuka )

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
MisS Lonliah

[Discussion] My Girl ( Masaki Aiba & Yuka )

Post by MisS Lonliah » Aug 21st, '09, 21:32

Details
* Title: マイガール
* Title (romaji): My Girl
* Format: Renzoku
* Genre: Family, drama
* Broadcast network: TV Asahi
* Broadcast period: 2009-Oct start
* Air time: Friday 23:15

Synopsis
The story revolves around a 23-year-old man named, Kazama Masamune. During high school, he had a girlfriend four years older than him, but she suddenly leaves to go abroad. Six years later, he receives news that she has passed away. In addition, she secretly gave birth to Masamune's daughter. Now the five-year-old daughter, Koharu, is returning home to Japan, and Masamune must raise her.

Cast:
* Aiba Masaki as Kazama Masamune

* Yuka as Tsukamoto Yoko

* Ishii Momoka as Kazama Koharu

Production Credits
* Original writing (manga): My Girl by Sahara Mizu
* Screenwriters: Oshima Satomi, Arai Shuko (荒井修子), Takahashi Maki (高橋麻紀)
* Producers: Nakagawa Noriko (中川慎子), Nagamatsuya Taro ( 長松谷太郎), Sato Yoshihiro (佐藤善宏)
* Directors: Takahashi Nobuyuki, Aso Manabu (麻生学)
* Music: Sawano Hiroyuki (澤野弘之), Wada Takashi (和田貴史)

Official site
Preview at YouTube

The most important news about this drama is that it is going to be subbed by GiriGiri (Soft) & STORMY_team (Hard)

PS: anything from Arashi = (L) :D, and let's hope that Aiba's first lead role in a drama will be :thumright:
Last edited by MisS Lonliah on Oct 24th, '09, 17:11, edited 1 time in total.

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Oct 5th, '09, 00:04

I just saw the drama navigation SP

This drama looks so sweet and touching.. I can't believe I actually teared up watching the promo :cry:
The kid and Aiba was just to adorable!

TG3

Post by TG3 » Oct 5th, '09, 00:59

It seems to be in the same vein as "Shiroi Haru" and "Boku to Kanojo to Kanojo no Ikiru Michi," with the whole "learning to become a dad" angle, although there does seem to be "Jun Ai" elements to it. I'm watching it for at least the first few eps.

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Oct 5th, '09, 06:48

TG3 wrote:It seems to be in the same vein as "Shiroi Haru" and "Boku to Kanojo to Kanojo no Ikiru Michi," with the whole "learning to become a dad" angle, although there does seem to be "Jun Ai" elements to it. I'm watching it for at least the first few eps.
Oh. Hiroshi Abe and Kusanagi Tsuyoshi are among Japan great actors and Aiba doesn't have much experience, nor the skill like those men to be in comparison ^^;;; but I do agree it has similar elements with the drama you've mentioned.

That little girl.. I CAN'T STOP BUT FAWN AT HER CUTENESS and drool at Aiba hotness in colorful sweaters :p

whitedove

Post by whitedove » Oct 5th, '09, 14:47

I'm more excited to find out how Murakami Shingo deals in being a pre-school teacher in this one. :P

Suzumi

Post by Suzumi » Oct 9th, '09, 04:03

I really love this manga series, so I really look foward to the drama adaptation! They certainly did pick such a cute girl to play Koharu~ <3

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Oct 10th, '09, 03:25

Saw this last night. It was good. That kid was excellent. I cried.
Next episode preview looks awesome. I'm in love with the theme song and the BGM.
Strangely it felt too short. Overal it was not an excellent pilot but a good one.

ManweVaire

Post by ManweVaire » Oct 11th, '09, 01:28

a promising first episode :) it really touches your heart and koharu-chan is so adorable!

looking forward to the next one... good luck Masamune-kun! :)

noobee

Post by noobee » Oct 11th, '09, 04:12

thanks!

Sauleh

Post by Sauleh » Oct 11th, '09, 05:57

Uwaaaaa, I cried almost all ep 1!! I forgot that's it's just a movie.

Aiba-chan is the best! And Koharu-chan is adorable. Meccha kawaii :) Must see!!!

kurisuti

Post by kurisuti » Oct 13th, '09, 00:26

Downloading ep1 now, can't wait to watch :D

kazu-chan daisuki!!!

Post by kazu-chan daisuki!!! » Oct 13th, '09, 10:22

kurisuti wrote:Downloading ep1 now, can't wait to watch :D
where is it.... :w00t:

i want to DLit too....

onegai.....

mhille_24

Post by mhille_24 » Oct 13th, '09, 11:16

STORMY_team subbed you say??? well good luck with that! I'd rather watch it in raw at keyhole TV than beg for their hard-sub. Seen the pilot episode of My Girl last Friday it was great!!! AIBA with the kid is so cute, and i want that red beetle... :P

kurisuti

Post by kurisuti » Oct 13th, '09, 16:10

kazu-chan daisuki!!! wrote:
kurisuti wrote:Downloading ep1 now, can't wait to watch :D
where is it.... :w00t:

i want to DLit too....

onegai.....
I got it from an LJ ^^

Basuha

Random

Post by Basuha » Oct 13th, '09, 17:05

mhille_24 wrote:STORMY_team subbed you say??? well good luck with that! I'd rather watch it in raw at keyhole TV than beg for their hard-sub. Seen the pilot episode of My Girl last Friday it was great!!! AIBA with the kid is so cute, and i want that red beetle... :P
Wow, do this statemnt mean they are not a good subbing team? I'm not really into j-drama but since I watched Buzzer Beat I'm more opened minded.

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 13th, '09, 17:21

Yuka just have the cutest smile ever ( well, she's ex aequo with Takeuchi Yuko)

TG3

Post by TG3 » Oct 14th, '09, 02:08

Pretty good first ep. It's pretty much half and half "jun ai" and "papa" story, which is what I expected. I like the little girl. She's ridiculously cute. The scene at the daycare center was funny, where the guy thought Aiba was a pedo. LOL!

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 14th, '09, 04:41

mhille_24 wrote:STORMY_team subbed you say??? well good luck with that! I'd rather watch it in raw at keyhole TV than beg for their hard-sub. Seen the pilot episode of My Girl last Friday it was great!!! AIBA with the kid is so cute, and i want that red beetle... :P

NOT only STORMY team, GiriGiri Fansubs are going to sub this drama as well. Just make sure to download the RAW because they only releases softsubs.

MisS Lonliah

Re: Random

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 14th, '09, 04:45

Basuha wrote:
Wow, do this statemnt mean they are not a good subbing team? I'm not really into j-drama but since I watched Buzzer Beat I'm more opened minded.
forget about that statement ^^ you could watch this drama thanks to GiriGiri Fansubs they are going to release softsubs :thumright:

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 14th, '09, 14:36

Basuha wrote:
well, actually STORMY team are very good in subbing and their work is just perfect but due to streaming sites, they have decided to only release their work on their lj and you should a member to dl. just like what happened to Smile drama.
I am happy that another fansub group also picked up this. so the previous frustration about not getting the subs is not repeated.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Oct 14th, '09, 16:45

Ah the first ep was soo cute. The little girl's amazing and Aiba exceeded my expectations in terms of acting and smexiness ;)

TG3

Post by TG3 » Oct 14th, '09, 20:45

I watched some of it again, and they picked a good mother/daughter combo. Yuka and Momoka Ishii have very similar smiles and facial features. They look believeable as a mother and daughter.

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Oct 15th, '09, 01:10

I love the first episode.... :wub:
Koharu-chan is so cute and somehow Koharu-Kazama have good chemistry as father-daughter.... I can't wait for the second episode :P
And I think that there are not only two fansub group but three fansub group who will sub this drama... Stormy, Giri-Giri, and AST.... :cheers:

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Oct 15th, '09, 06:51

TG3 wrote:I watched some of it again, and they picked a good mother/daughter combo. Yuka and Momoka Ishii have very similar smiles and facial features. They look believeable as a mother and daughter.
I think its the chin and their small delicate features.
Momokachan was fabulous and spot on on every scene. I love the chemistry from the whole cast especially AibaXMomoka

The staff blog has been updated. They ask us to prepare 2 bath towels watching the touching scenes tomorrow XD. Its more eco than boxes of tissues.
Usually I dreaded crying watching a show but I won't hesitate to cry because of My Girl.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 15th, '09, 07:25

delaciel wrote: And I think that there are not only two fansub group but three fansub group who will sub this drama... Stormy, Giri-Giri, and AST.... :cheers:
thanks for the news

for updates:
http://community.livejournal.com/stormy_team
http://community.livejournal.com/girigiri_subs/
http://community.livejournal.com/ast_team

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 15th, '09, 07:27

softsubs for ep.1 is out
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_78951.htm

Thanks to GiriGiri Fansubs :-)

fleng

Post by fleng » Oct 15th, '09, 15:03

In my opinion... I repeat.. my opinion.. I'm kinda not feeling it with Aiba Masaki's acting :0 .. It's kinda saddening with the quality of acting from today's idol.. gone were the days of Yutaka Takenouchi, Sorimachi, Nagase (minus that SPY drama that was so bad) and so on..

BUT if the character was supposed to be that dubious,bland and boring I think Aiba Masaki played him really well.

The first episode was alright, might consider watching further since that little girl acted so good. Need more characters to bring the whole scenario working, so hopefully in the coming episodes there will be some.

EDIT;

Woops saw the Correlation chart, Not having high hopes now lol.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Oct 15th, '09, 17:57

Well I wouldn't say Sorimachi or Nagase are great actors. What they got is charisma and presence, similar to Kimutaku (in my opinion). I never thought of Aiba as an actor and i guess that's why he hardly appeared in any dramas or movies.

I didn't expect him to get into a character at all. I thougt i'd see Aiba the entertainer trying his best to act but not getting anything across and that's where he's proven me wrong. (Even though the little girl is way out of his league :lol

Hope there'll be some story development and twists to keep this from becoming just another cheesy "bum of a father meets daughter"-story

TG3

Post by TG3 » Oct 15th, '09, 20:16

In the manga, he is wishy-washy and loser-like, but he's even moreso in the drama. In the manga, you get a sense that Yoko leaving him had a serious effect on him, but here it's like his life completely stopped once she left. Koharu represents his chance to start over again, but at the same time he's haunted by Yoko leaving him (and then dying). Aiba is kind of wimpy and bland at this point, but I think that's how he's supposed to be. Next ep. looks better in terms of character development.

fastat3m

Post by fastat3m » Oct 16th, '09, 19:59

Issy wrote:
Basuha wrote:
well, actually STORMY team are very good in subbing and their work is just perfect but due to streaming sites, they have decided to only release their work on their lj and you should a member to dl. just like what happened to Smile drama.
I am happy that another fansub group also picked up this. so the previous frustration about not getting the subs is not repeated.
It seems that STORMY is releasing their works in a batch at the end. I'm happy they are doing this. The live journal thing seemed hard, because the process seemed long and difficult. I know they have the right to give it to anyone, and the only complaint i had was that it was listed as a show being subbed by them. I would get my hopes up high, only to be brought down very quickly. I felt like one of those horse's with a carrot in front of them and running hard after it, but unable to ever reach it. But if they release them in a batch at the end, then i don't really have any complaints. They do a really good job though.

TG3

Post by TG3 » Oct 20th, '09, 05:18

Ep. 2 was pretty decent. Masamune is kind of an ass for leaving Koharu all alone so many times but after getting scolded by everyone, I think he kind of gets the point. The next ep. is good. It's one of the main plotlines for the first volume of the manga.
Masamune's mom is understandably outraged, that her son, whom in her eyes is already down is luck, is even more burdened now that he's a single father. While not exactly mean to Koharu, she's kind of stand-offish toward her, until the Christmas play, when she warms up to her

Cry5tal

Post by Cry5tal » Oct 24th, '09, 15:35

Episode 3, 720P version uploading to seedbox. Will be upped tomorrow.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Oct 24th, '09, 15:48

Issy wrote:
2. Answer this question in your own words: What was the one thing that made you realize, "I've turned into an Arashi fan"?

I am not a Arashi fan, therefore I do not qualify for membership in Stormy's LJ Community. Now, if they asked me who my favorite Arashi actor was I would gladly write a 500 word essay on Nino, but I am nor ever will be a fan of Arashi or any JE group.

Remember, not all of us can be a member of their LJ Community, so this is why Stormy is a dead group to me and others.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 24th, '09, 17:07

^ that's why I didn't say anything about STORMY team
please guys remember this thread is for the J-drama My Girl :-) Thank You!

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Oct 24th, '09, 18:06

I was replying to a message that mentioned Slormy, and stated that you should be a member of their LJ community, which not everyone can do.

jasminech

Post by jasminech » Nov 6th, '09, 23:58

I've watched the first 3 episodes of this and I'm loving it so far. Love the chemistry between Koharu and Masamune. That girl is so cute! But I feel so sorry for her every episode. Aiba's doing a better job than I thought he would be, and I'm looking forward to the character development in the coming episodes.

mhille_24

Post by mhille_24 » Nov 7th, '09, 00:54

Just finished watching episode 4, little by little Masamune is learning and acknowledging his responsibilities as a father.
And Aiba is doing great, he becomes mature in acting. He acted Masamune very well, he always makes me cry. And Koharu-chan! I feel for her.
So far, I'm enjoying watching the series. It touch me as a parent, Koharu-chan is almost as same age as my daughter

gmak

My Girl OST

Post by gmak » Mar 2nd, '10, 09:16

Hi everyone,
Just wondering if there was ever a release of the My Girl (TV Asahi) ost. If anyone knows where I can find it, please let me know.

Thanks!