[Discussion] Shokojo Seira (Shida Mirai)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
MisS Lonliah

[Discussion] Shokojo Seira (Shida Mirai)

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 24th, '09, 09:34

Details:
* Title: 小公女セイラ
* Title (romaji): Shokojo Seira
* Also known as: A Little Princess
* Format: Renzoku
* Broadcast network: TBS
* Broadcast period: 2009-Oct-17 start
* Air time: Saturday 20:00
* Theme song: by Mai Kuraki

Synopsis
Kuroda Seira is a high school student whose father is extremely wealthy. After her father dies and his business collapses, leaving her penniless, the school's director and Seira's previously jealous classmates take the opportunity to make her life miserable. But despite their bullying, Seira endures it with a positive attitude.

Cast
* Shida Mirai as Kuroda Seira
* Hayashi Kento as Miura Kaito
* Tanabe Seiichi as Aran Yukio
* Okamoto Anri as Shoji Masami
* Kutsuna Shiori as Mizushima Kaori
* Kojima Fujiko as Takeda Maria
* Shinohara Tsugumi (篠原愛実) as Kawahara Hinako
* Takatsuki Sara (高月彩良) as Asahina Makoto
* Kikuzato Hikari as Shimizu Naomi
* Asaoka Mami (朝丘マミ) as Honjo Kyoko
* Aso Natsuko (麻生夏子) as Yokoo Mamiko
* Sashide Mizuki (指出瑞貴) as Jingu Rion
* Nishizaki Rima (西崎莉麻)
* Masuyama Kayano
* Yanaka Atsushi (谷中敦) as Kuroda Ryunosuke
* Owada Shinya as Onuma Seiichiro
* Kurokawa Tomoka as Kuroda Kaoruko
* Hirooka Yuriko as Onuma Hideko
* Saito Yuki as Mimura Emiko
* Higuchi Kanako as Mimura Chieko

Production Credits
* Original writing (novel): A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
* Screenwriter: Okada Yoshikazu
* Producer: Isoyama Aki
* Directors: Kaneko Fuminori, Yoshida Akio
* Music: Muramatsu Takatsugu (村松崇継)

wiki.d-addicts
Official site
English subs : (Hard) TimeLesSub (Announced - Sept 13, 2009) - Many thanks to them in advance :-)
(Spanish Hardsub) Asian Series (announced in August 19th)
(FrenchSubs) Asia-Smile (Announced - Sept 21 2009)
Last edited by MisS Lonliah on Oct 19th, '09, 06:03, edited 1 time in total.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 24th, '09, 09:43

ImageImage

The next starring role for young actress Mirai Shida (16) will be in a drama series on TBS this fall. The drama is titled "Princess Sara" (alternatively, "A Little Princess") and is based on a famous children's story that was turned into an anime in Japan.
"A Little Princess" was originally written in the UK during the late 1800s by Frances Hodgson Burnett. The story became famous worldwide and was adapted as a successful Broadway play, as well as multiple musicals, films, and television works. In 1985, the story was animated in Japan by Nippon Animation as part of the "World Masterpiece Theater" series, under the title "Princess Sara."
The TBS drama has Shida playing the part of Sara, a high school student whose father is extremely wealthy. After her father dies and his business collapses, leaving her penniless, the school's director and Sara's previously jealous classmates take the opportunity to make her life miserable. But despite their bullying, Sara endures it with a positive attitude. Kanako Higuchi (50) plays the school director, while Kento Hayashi (18 ) plays Sara's love interest Kaito.
Filming will start on September 1 in India, since Sara lived there until entering high school. TBS has scheduled the drama in its Saturday 8:00pm time slot, starting this October.
Thu, August 6, 2009 tokyograph

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 24th, '09, 09:45

w-inds' Tachibana, Ska Para's Yanaka cast in TV dramas

Two musicians will be making their debuts in television dramas next season on TBS. w-inds. member Keita Tachibana (23) will appear in "Ohitorisama," while Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra's Atsushi Yanaka (42) will appear in "Shokojo Seira."
"Ohitorisama" is a romantic comedy starring Alisa Mizuki as a teacher who falls in love with a younger co-worker, played by Teppei Koike. Tachibana has been cast as one of Koike's friends from college, who works as a part-timer while he tries to determine what he really wants to do in life. The show premieres on October 16.
"Shokojo Seira" is based on the story "A Little Princess," which was adapted as the anime "Princess Sara" in Japan. The drama stars Mirai Shida as the daughter of a wealthy father, but she becomes the victim of bullying after the father dies and his business falls. Yanaka will make regular appearances throughout the story as the father. The series starts on October 17.
Mon, September 21, 2009tokyograph

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 24th, '09, 09:51

Shida Mirai's acting skills are outstanding comparing to her age! (Anyone disagree with that?) that's why I'm looking forward to this drama..
I also enjoyed the anime and it was one of my FAV XD

Toritorisan

Post by Toritorisan » Sep 26th, '09, 06:15

I'm looking forward to this drama, as I really like these type of storylines. This drama kind of reminds me of Oni no Sumika - the one where Fukada Kyoko loses her parents and has to live in her aunt's ryokan and is forced to work as a maid. That drama was pretty good so I have high hopes for this one too.

Goodnessgracious

Post by Goodnessgracious » Sep 29th, '09, 19:36

A Little Princess anyone? Anyway, I adore Shida Mirai, so I am definitely looking forward to it.

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Sep 29th, '09, 20:03

MisS Lonliah wrote:Shida Mirai's acting skills are outstanding comparing to her age! (Anyone disagree with that?) that's why I'm looking forward to this drama..
Yeah she's pretty good actress, she's shown that she can do both comedy and drama quite well. She's also turning into quite a beauty as well. :wub:

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Sep 29th, '09, 20:14

MisS Lonliah wrote:Shida Mirai's acting skills are outstanding comparing to her age!
Completely agree. The story doesn't really peak my interest, but I'll be watching just to see Shida Mirai. She's one of the best young actresses in Japan today, imo.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Sep 29th, '09, 20:41

i love Shida.

i saw junon scans of her, she looks so pretty.

In my drama list :)

garcon

Post by garcon » Oct 3rd, '09, 13:25

Jav_sol wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote:Shida Mirai's acting skills are outstanding comparing to her age!
Completely agree. The story doesn't really peak my interest, but I'll be watching just to see Shida Mirai. She's one of the best young actresses in Japan today, imo.
agree with you two..but then it's shida..it's not for the plot that i'll be watching
i want to see shida's portayal of sarah----her acting..

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Oct 4th, '09, 09:28

MisS Lonliah wrote:Shida Mirai's acting skills are outstanding comparing to her age! (Anyone disagree with that?)
I disagree...not! :P I saw her first in 14 Sai no Haha and she impressed me with her acting there. I couldn't believe she was only 13/14 yet her acting was better than other actresses older than her. D: But what blew me away was Seigi no Mikata. She showed the comical side of her and did a pretty good job too which confirmed that yep, she's got talent. :D

I'm really looking forward to the drama because the plot sounds interesting. And Shida does look prettier with her hair long. :thumright:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 6th, '09, 05:06

j_halo7 wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote:Shida Mirai's acting skills are outstanding comparing to her age! (Anyone disagree with that?)
I disagree...not! :P

And Shida does look prettier with her hair long. :thumright:

LOL :mrgreen:

yes, I agree :thumright: I was hoping to see her with long hair in this role and became happy after seeing these pictures..

JuliaLane

Post by JuliaLane » Oct 18th, '09, 04:47

Has any group taken on the subbing of this drama?

noobee

Post by noobee » Oct 18th, '09, 07:09

nice info! thanks

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 18th, '09, 07:27

JuliaLane wrote:Has any group taken on the subbing of this drama?
it is mentioned with red in the first post ^^
(Hard) TimeLesSub (Announced - Sept 13, 2009)

JuliaLane

Post by JuliaLane » Oct 18th, '09, 15:56

MisS Lonliah wrote:
JuliaLane wrote:Has any group taken on the subbing of this drama?
it is mentioned with red in the first post ^^
(Hard) TimeLesSub (Announced - Sept 13, 2009)
Yeah...I just noticed that after I made my post. Sorry. Thanks for pointing it out though. :sweat:

vista1984

Post by vista1984 » Oct 18th, '09, 16:52

look forward to the HD version,,,thank you guys/``

pass19

Post by pass19 » Oct 18th, '09, 17:05

I am looking forward to this! Shida Mirai is a great actress!! I really like her!
And little I watched the anime princess Sara! =)

JuliaLane

Post by JuliaLane » Oct 19th, '09, 02:20

I know! I can't wait! I love the book and always look forward to seeing new adaptations of it! I've seen the Shirely Temple and WB (with Leisel Matthews, also my current favorite actress in the role of "Sara") versions. I look forward to seeing what the Japanese version will be like. :)

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Oct 19th, '09, 03:06

i'm also looking forward to watch this drama, i love shida mirai ^_^

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Oct 19th, '09, 15:17

Just saw the first ep. Decent setup, but Kurokawa playing Shida's mom?!
I notice that Shida needs to adjust her posture a bit, she slouches a bit too much

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 21st, '09, 14:22

i watched the 1sp last night. i thought it was ok but i will pass on it.
they tried too hard to make this story work in its japanese version but some how it is not working. everything is too over the top and too much worked out.

there are some stories that are better left in their original form. if you want a re-make, you need to think of the whole environment too. princess sara fits well in its English theme. it just feels out of place in nowday Japan.

it would have been great if they adopted the story but within its japanese nowdays life. seira life in India was just too much to believe. the school she entered in Japan was just unrealisitc ( and i have seen my fair share of unrealisitc schools like Hanakimi, HYD, Mei-chan but they still were kind of imaginable/believeable). this school will fit very well in 19th century (even in japan in that time) but at this times, is not working.

I really did not think that they would do this story word by word from its original book and just changing the names and place. i thought they would have made clever adoptation so it won't be too broing watching the whole story again but this time with different actors. i am quiet disappointed.

mhaellix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mhaellix » Oct 22nd, '09, 16:37

Shida is one of my favorite actresses and I adored the first episode even though I'm not a fan of the Little Princess (too much that I was almost tempted to translate). She's adorable as usual and I can't wait for the next episode.

And that guy Kaito is cute too. I can't wait to see the development between the two (if there's any). :wub:

Of course, some acting of the other characters make me cringe and I hate the mice but nothing in the show was bad enough to miss Shida's acting.

Dudie

Post by Dudie » Oct 26th, '09, 21:58

Ohh i just saw the first episode and I'm hooked. I love story lines like this :wub: Allthough at some points the acting and reactions in this drama are a bit over the top. Specially the 2 sisters. Can't wait for the next ep and I have to agree Shida is a pretty good actress for her age.

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Oct 27th, '09, 05:50

Just watched the first episode. I thought it was alright. There are 2 reasons why I started watching this:

1. I love the American movie A Little Princess 1995 version (never read the book). The movie with the "Kindle My Heart" song is one of my best childhood memories. All of the actors, setting, storytelling of that movie, especially the little girl who played Sera, was magnificent.

2. Of course, Shida Mirai stars in it. I've been following her career ever since Tantei Gakuen Q SP and what a cute girl she is and plus this girl can act. Then saw her role in Jyoou no Kyoushitsu and Seigi no Mikata and all I can say is that she's a versatile actress who can do any type of roles given to her.

Moving on to the first episode ... while watching the show, I tend to compare it with the movie version (I don't know which one is following the book better though). Like what some of you thought, the India scenes had a weird feeling about it. Well, the Arisha girl was totally lip syncing her lines, but they probably couldn't find Indian actresses who can speak Japanese.

But the atmosphere did get better when they moved to Japan boarding school. The girls especially the "mean one" :lol sorry had to laugh about that girl with the big ribbon on her hair. Is that her trademark symbol because the one in the movie had it too. On the movie version, the girls were like 10-12 year old, but on this show, they're more like 14-16. So far, the girls aren't that distinguishable in the Japanese version. Hopefully in the next episodes, we'll be able to see more of their different personalities.

Changes I noticed are:

1. On the movie version, the servant teen is supposed to be an African girl instead of a boy.

2. The cooks are supposed to be funny and friendly with Sera / Seira. But on this show, they're so mean to her.

What hasn't changed:

The director is still the DEVIL REINCARNATION who has never been loved her whole life.

What surprised me:

Seira's mom is Kurokawa Tomoka. :lol she's like close to Shida's age yet Tomoka-san already has a 16 year old daughter.

benjerry

Post by benjerry » Oct 27th, '09, 15:58

I have seen the brittish tv series in 1986 with Amelia Shankley which was an excellent adaptation.
I was laughing when I saw that opening part in India in this version. Overall it was entertaining, but it was not touching emotional strings.

SnowApple

Post by SnowApple » Oct 28th, '09, 03:34

Seems like there are two camps of people watching this: Shida Mirai fans (definitely the overwhelming majority) and A Little Princess fans, to which I belong. :D It's one of my favorite novels from my childhood, so I'm steeling myself to watch this whole drama, changes, adaptations, additions, subtractions, and all. Sad thing is, after watching two episodes, it's becoming really obvious that the story needs its period setting to work. I'm not being a purist, but the believability of the child labor (and the entire plot, for that matter) relies on the time period. If you're going to put the story in Japan 2009, you need to get rid of the things that make it England 1900, and they didn't. In short, suspension of disbelief is seeping through the cracks.

That said, the drama still has room to be watchable. I'm liking Shida Mirai, whom I didn't know previously, but she sure gets glowing reviews. And, sap that I am, I really love the romantic adaptation of Becky's character. Honestly (and unfortunately, in a way) I think Kento and Mirai's chemistry is going to become the show's saving grace.

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Nov 2nd, '09, 07:31

For reasons which are not clear to me now I decided to watch the first ep (mostly skipped at that), and that is as far as I will go. Not that I am I fan of the actress or the book, or am part of the target audience.

This series has managed to cram in way too many of the silly and completely irrational things which big me no end. It is more like a fairy tale than anything else.

Has her father heard of trusts, ie put some money in her name in trust for her, in case something happens to him? Does't he have legal advisers? But then of course, if he was sensible then the story couldn't happen. So he has to be stupid.

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Nov 3rd, '09, 06:41

I love the drama so far and I'm a big Shida fan. I was scared that it might be a bad drama, beause the worst thing is to have you favorite star in a crappy drama, but my fears are long gone.

For those who are Little Princess fan, just throw that out of the door. Just see it as a new drama and don't compare. I know it's hard to do if you really liked it. I never liked a little princess, but now I do after seeing this.

It does have its corny and nonsense parts to it, but at the end of the day, entertainment is never sensible. The only thing that I really hate and can't accept is that lady that drinks and complain in her room. They need to shorten that. It's okay to put it in, but it's too damn long.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 3rd, '09, 18:33

well, i watched it from a viewer point of view that is not in love with original sara little princess original story and is not a shida fan. so there is no biased opinion.
there is no denying that she is a very good actress.
my dislike of this drama is based on the fact that sometimes some stories can not be re-made in different background and just change the names. story timing and background just does not match modern days japan. that's what makes this drama unreal (even in the unreal world of dramas)

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Nov 7th, '09, 12:14

Hmm, I think it's not "a drama was made from a novel", but "the strong line of story was taken from a novel", so they've changed the name and a bit of storyline. :unsure:

I've just watch the 4th episode, and on the preview of 5th episode, there will be Love Drama between Kaito & Seira I think hehehe... *Love it*
So far I love the drama, I love hayashi kento's deep voice :wub:
And about the setting yeah too western hehehe, didnt match but they've workhard for it..

On 1st Episode, when Kaito talks english, WHOA He can speak english with the right accent! :thumleft:
not like Kato Rosa who is english teacher in Koishite Akuma but talks english poorly ...

Final decision... I'm looking forward until final episode :thumright:

Xiaohua

Post by Xiaohua » Nov 8th, '09, 00:06

However regarding french... :p Since I am French It's funny to hear them speaking French.

When there is seomeone talking French in a Jdrama it isn't understable most of the time >.>... but in this drama it's ok even though it's still hard to understand sometimes but the actors do a good job trying :)
I spotted some mistakes though :3 using the wrong gender or the wrong form of a verb.

SnowApple

Post by SnowApple » Nov 9th, '09, 01:28

So episode 4 kind of breezed by for me, and overall the drama is still pretty mediocre, but...
HOLY !#@$e%!~, the preview for episode 5 looks unbelievable! Never in my wildest dreams did I think they would develop the romance that much. I might actually wake up early and stream it live this coming Saturday. :D

TG4

Post by TG4 » Nov 9th, '09, 22:21

I thought I was gonna dislike this, but it's not too bad. Shida Mirai is like the younger Horikita Maki. She excels at being slapped, bullied, and abused. If it were anyone else in this role, I probably wouldn't watch this.

menaine

Post by menaine » Nov 10th, '09, 22:54

i've just watch it until epi 3

i watch it coz shida mirai, always like her acting

it's is little weird about the western setting, just like everyone says, but i can stand it

i will continue this series

garcon

Post by garcon » Nov 10th, '09, 23:53

episode 2 is far as i can go.
Heard a lot from Shida..and i watched this for her..but then plotwise..it's boring.Ive seen thee anime and the other live action adaptation of this series, and there's nothing much to expect from it,but the usual evil maltreatment-goodness exchanged theme. I am disappointed. I was expecting it to be more than the usual adaptation, though it's a decent one. Unfortunately, the jversion didnt fit to the series settings. It's somehow disbelieving how the girls praises Seira when physically they outstand her (though she's making up through good acting)

nguahoanglaisoi

Post by nguahoanglaisoi » Nov 11th, '09, 01:57

TG4 wrote:I thought I was gonna dislike this, but it's not too bad. Shida Mirai is like the younger Horikita Maki. She excels at being slapped, bullied, and abused. If it were anyone else in this role, I probably wouldn't watch this.
Although she is not the younger of anyone,i agree with u the fact ii only touch this drama because of shida mirai. We are just like this drama producer who made Ryusei no Kizuna.... She even said if there is no shida mirai in Japan, she wouldnt even think to remake this anime again.
It's like this drama was made just for her in my opinion

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Nov 11th, '09, 14:37

Watched two episodes and decided to drop it. I actually like Shida but not so much in this one. The role of the "bullied/rich/poor" girl does not suit her and she is doing a not so very good job at playing it. The cast overall is just...boring. Hecks, even the bullying itself is just so plain and not convincing. Too bad though because I was really looking forward to watching it. I'll just cross my fingers and hope that Shida's next drama will be either a comedy (Seigi no Mikata was amazing&fun to watch) or thriller/action.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Nov 13th, '09, 12:34

I find the throwing tomatoes scene kinda...*too much that it seemed awkward* I have mixed feelings watching that. It's funny how the one character that I actually am fond of is that quiet yet indifferent girl ( I forgot her name) but she pops in and out occasionally with short lines but those are some good ones. Short but tells a lot. Those are the ones that give you strong impressions. I like her! lolz...I don't mind shida's role here really, I just wanna see sth more than just the usual bullying scenes. something drastic will make the show more interesting.

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Nov 13th, '09, 23:03

avieamber wrote:
I find the throwing tomatoes scene kinda...*too much that it seemed awkward* I have mixed feelings watching that. It's funny how the one character that I actually am fond of is that quiet yet indifferent girl ( I forgot her name) but she pops in and out occasionally with short lines but those are some good ones. Short but tells a lot. Those are the ones that give you strong impressions. I like her! lolz...I don't mind shida's role here really, I just wanna see sth more than just the usual bullying scenes. something drastic will make the show more interesting.
I know where you are coming from. I thought this scene was lame and out of place. One of the reasons why I decided to stop watching this drama was because of the genre conflict. Drama, especially when it's about bullying, just DOESN'T go well together with comedy. Just when the action rises and almost reaches the climax, they destroy it by integrating comedy. Then again, the adaption itself is based on a children's book so that pretty much speaks for itself and also explain the genre conflict. Some like it -- I personally don't. I just didn't know that before and thought it would be similar to LIFE.

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Nov 14th, '09, 16:10

SnowApple wrote:So episode 4 kind of breezed by for me, and overall the drama is still pretty mediocre, but...
HOLY !#@$e%!~, the preview for episode 5 looks unbelievable! Never in my wildest dreams did I think they would develop the romance that much. I might actually wake up early and stream it live this coming Saturday. :D
Yeah! Totally agree with you :) hehehehe... but...
I OVERSLEPT :cry: :cry: :cry: can u give me some hidden spoil before the raw out hehehehe XD
I like the scene when Kaito kiss her head :wub:

jasminech

Post by jasminech » Nov 15th, '09, 14:12

Yay! Ep05 RAW is out! :) Looking forward to seeing the development!

By the way, is there anyone else who needs to fast-forward through the principal and sister scenes to get through them? I just... can't... watch...them.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Nov 15th, '09, 15:08

jasminech wrote:Yay! Ep05 RAW is out! :) Looking forward to seeing the development!

By the way, is there anyone else who needs to fast-forward through the principal and sister scenes to get through them? I just... can't... watch...them.
I did too after the first couple of times they repeat the same pattern of attempted comedy. The first time was entertaining but after a while, it gets dull. :unsure:

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Nov 15th, '09, 15:12

i quite enjoy this drama tbh.. its not that bad, i like seeing shida mirai gets bullied! lol

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Nov 15th, '09, 15:39

avieamber wrote:
jasminech wrote:Yay! Ep05 RAW is out! :) Looking forward to seeing the development!

I did too after the first couple of times they repeat the same pattern of attempted comedy. The first time was entertaining but after a while, it gets dull. :unsure:
Yeah I did it too... it never entertain me even once ~.~

menaine

Post by menaine » Nov 15th, '09, 16:58

Aikawa Ringo wrote:
I like the scene when Kaito kiss her head :wub:
yeah, that so cute, i made gif picture of them
epi 5, i will wait for the sub, then watch it

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Nov 16th, '09, 15:22

menaine wrote: yeah, that so cute, i made gif picture of them
epi 5, i will wait for the sub, then watch it
ssssttt... I've just realize that Kaito blushing into red over his face-neck when he kiss Seira's head :lol kawaii naa :wub:

menaine

Post by menaine » Nov 16th, '09, 17:09

Aikawa Ringo wrote:
ssssttt... I've just realize that Kaito blushing into red over his face-neck when he kiss Seira's head :lol kawaii naa :wub:
heeh? really?
i don't realize that
i must check up it soon

TG4

Post by TG4 » Nov 17th, '09, 01:07

I saw ep 5, and Jesus, the principal is such a ****. I hope she gets runover by a train or something. You'll know why by the end of it. There's a lot of questions to be answered in the next episode.
From their conversation on the bench, after the kiss, it seems like Kaito is gonna quit, so Seira can stay at the school, basically taking over for his job. But then the **** of a principal effectively fires and banishes Seira. It looks like the next episode they get a little girl for a student? (or maybe she's someone's relative?) and everyone sucks big at taking care of kids, except for Seira, so she's stuck doing it... but she does a good job, but I think the principal basically tells her that once the girl is gone, Seira is gone, too.

jasminech

Post by jasminech » Nov 17th, '09, 01:12

Naww, :wub: that gif! Haha, yeah, I couldn't agree more TG4. But her hatred seems SO over the top as well... :|

gatsbysolid

Post by gatsbysolid » Nov 21st, '09, 08:18

does anyone knows the names of the twins sisters in the class? They looked beautiful ~ lol

mikautada

Post by mikautada » Nov 24th, '09, 22:15

why the modern setting, it feels awkward and weird. shida is too old for this role, im very disappointed with her recent projects after 14 sai no haha. ken-on should carefully choose her dramas, i hate to see her talent go to waste.:(

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Nov 24th, '09, 23:35

i'm too lazy too find out. the girl in my avatar is she shida mirai?

Kumakun

An enjoyable but unrealistic adaptation.

Post by Kumakun » Nov 25th, '09, 17:04

The definitive dramatization of A Little Princess is the UK version, rebroadcast on PBS with Amelia Shankley as Sarah Crewe. In this version, set in the period for which it was written, the characters are portrayed more realistically than in Shokojo Seira in which the characters are more like caricatures.

Shokojo Seira is still enjoyable and worth watching, but have a look at the UK version, and absolutely avoid the old Shirley Temple and HBO version at all cost.

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Nov 26th, '09, 17:47

outcast_within wrote:i'm too lazy too find out. the girl in my avatar is she shida mirai?
Yes she's Shida Mirai, (in Seigi no Mikata?)
So you put ur avatar's picture without knowing who's she? hehehe :-)

Can we stop comparing it with the other version? XD

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Nov 27th, '09, 01:26

Aikawa Ringo wrote:
outcast_within wrote:i'm too lazy too find out. the girl in my avatar is she shida mirai?
Yes she's Shida Mirai, (in Seigi no Mikata?)
So you put ur avatar's picture without knowing who's she? hehehe :-)

Can we stop comparing it with the other version? XD
i know who she is.
That silly actress from seigi no mikata :P

is she as fun to watch in this show?

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Nov 27th, '09, 06:49

outcast_within wrote: i know who she is.
That silly actress from seigi no mikata :P

is she as fun to watch in this show?
Honestly, this is not a comedy drama.... so I think it's not fun ...
maybe the type of human drama? because it's not a romance drama either XD

Just.Me

Post by Just.Me » Nov 27th, '09, 08:09

am really thankful for subbing this drama my little sis are loving it!!!!

P.S.
did any1 watch the cartoon of this drama ??!
cuz i watch it ;p its really nice

niwatori

Post by niwatori » Nov 29th, '09, 07:01

hajimemashite!
newbie here! ^^
I really like this drama. Shida-chan and Hayashi-kun have a great chemistry here XD
btw, does anybody know where I can found behind the scene, or NG scene, or any TV shows in which Shida-chan with her co-stars promoting this drama?
i've searched all over Youtube, but can't found any -_-
i also look for any magazine scans about this drama. anybody knows where I can found it too?
thx before for the info ^^
i hope the relationship between Seira and Kaito will develop well as the story continues ^__________^

Hachiko-chan

Post by Hachiko-chan » Nov 30th, '09, 17:02

I am a little disappointed in this version of the little princess.
I've read the book several times and it was one of my favorite books when I was young.
This is just loosely and very loosely based on the story, really it should not be called the japanese drama version of the little princess.
Instead they should have said that the story draws inspiration from the book.
Shida is good of course but still :-(

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Nov 30th, '09, 22:59

lol i accidently downloaded the first ep from timeless subs while i was checking for a new samurai.

i only watched ten minutes but i learned so much on being a fine lady....
now all i need is a gender operation

in the first ten minutes it's all about this girl. She does have a nice voice/charisma.

lol it's not a very hard story is it.

Introduction of rich girl
Moving to new school
Hard working boy who will be love interest
Evil girls who lose attention
Girl who falls who will be best friend or something. and that's just first 15minutes

lol shidai mirai should not play rich girls. she has girl next door all over her face written. The way she walked those steps in highheels (22.00) with wobbly ankles :P

HOOOLY COW lol,
angry mode, caling of party, ps your dad died, i'm so angry at you right now. how are we getting paid. get your orphan ass out of here.

Bright side is she can do all kinds of echi things with her boy toy in the attic. (and this one isn't ugly skinny as in seigi

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Dec 8th, '09, 17:22

So who was that business man i saw in ep 7? he looked so familiar

menaine

Post by menaine » Dec 8th, '09, 22:22

the man on the cakestore?
he is Kaname jun
well, he often ninja-ing in some jdramas :D
so you must be accidently saw him somewhere in dramas

What is he doing now in Shokojo Seira,
i means, is he going to has an important part for Seira's life?

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Dec 8th, '09, 22:34

menaine wrote:the man on the cakestore?
he is Kaname jun
well, he often ninja-ing in some jdramas :D
so you must be accidently saw him somewhere in dramas

What is he doing now in Shokojo Seira,
i means, is he going to has an important part for Seira's life?
ah i think i recognize him from atashini no danshi. But first i thought he was that main lead from tokyo sucks (dogs)

I don't know if his role will be big. maybe a side story since he isn't on the official site.
He did saw the good side of seira so maybe he will help her. Also he was adressed as -sama so he might be important

TG4

Post by TG4 » Dec 10th, '09, 07:31

I'm pretty sure he plays the character that
is responsible for getting her back her fortune. It makes less sense that he couldn't find her earlier in modern times, but then again Seira working as a maid at the school is kinda unbelievable to begin with, so whatever, we'll suspend reality here. Anyway, the story is "supposed" to have her getting her money back and leaving the school. I don't think it's gonna quite happen like that here. She still loves the school and I'm betting she will graduate from it. There's also the whole Kaito romance, which wasn't in the original story, but I liked cuz it made it more interesting. I think she'll "free" him by giving him enough money so he can quit work and go to school. BTW, I love how she "returns the favor" and kisses him on the head as she's leaving in the next ep.

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Dec 10th, '09, 17:30

outcast_within wrote:Bright side is she can do all kinds of echi things with her boy toy in the attic. (and this one isn't ugly skinny as in seigi
LoL, which part is "ecchi" things?haha :lol
yeah hayashi kento is quite skinny i think, but he's better than the one on seigi boys XD~
I love their romance part at shokojo seira :P

I hope this dorama turn out into happy ending :)
and of course I wanted a 'kissing scene" :whistling:

niwatori

Post by niwatori » Dec 10th, '09, 23:22

Aikawa Ringo wrote: I hope this dorama turn out into happy ending :)
and of course I wanted a 'kissing scene" :whistling:
agreeee! XD

starlight116

Jun Kaname

Post by starlight116 » Dec 11th, '09, 13:27

I think they make him
As the Mix with the uncle / indiafriend of the original story. I think in this version he is her uncle. because on episode 8 went he found out her name he was so happy. like it was looking for her very long time.

Just.Me

Post by Just.Me » Dec 11th, '09, 17:02

me 3 i want a happy ending with a kissing scene >> i think siera and kaito can be togather but seira just want to be friends with him

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Dec 12th, '09, 12:01

2 more episodes i think, ep9 looks so good..

TG4

Post by TG4 » Dec 12th, '09, 12:56

Just.Me wrote:me 3 i want a happy ending with a kissing scene >> i think siera and kaito can be togather but seira just want to be friends with him
That was way more than a friendly kiss we see previewed in Ep 9! :wub:

Just.Me

Post by Just.Me » Dec 12th, '09, 14:36

OMG really >> i better go watch ep8 :D

Just.Me

Post by Just.Me » Dec 12th, '09, 14:42

anyways shokojo seira is 11 ep right ??

menaine

Post by menaine » Dec 12th, '09, 20:24

Just.Me wrote:anyways shokojo seira is 11 ep right ??
IDK
TG4 wrote:
Just.Me wrote:me 3 i want a happy ending with a kissing scene >> i think siera and kaito can be togather but seira just want to be friends with him
That was way more than a friendly kiss we see previewed in Ep 9! :wub:
unfortunetely
both seira and kaito, their kiss happen while they were sleeping
too bad , i wanna see what kind of reaction if it happen when they were awake :D

in ep08,
Emiko sensei so funny hahaha

and i think i want to join with the other semitary's students and say; "Kowari's brother kakkoii" :P

Popdog

Post by Popdog » Dec 13th, '09, 04:32

Did anyone find masami, Seira's 'best' friend really annoying in ep 8?
Your friend gets pushed down by the school witch, and then when she gets up and says stuff you don't agree with, you say something like,"If that's what you're saying, then it's over between us."????

I mean what the heck. What kinda friend is that? No loyalty plus threatened her and made her cry. Even if you didn't agree with her, you didn't have to humiliate her in public.

Anyway, I was just very annoyed by that. Wanted to smack her.