* Title: サムライ・ハイスクール
* Title (English): Samurai High School
* Format: Renzoku
* Broadcast network: NTV
* Broadcast period: 2009-Oct-17 start
* Air time: Saturday 21:00
* Theme song: Kodoku no Taiyo by monobright

Synopsis

Mochizuki Kotaro is a mild-mannered, unmanly high school student. One day, he visits a library and meets the mysterious librarian Himiko, who recommends to him an ancient book about a heroic general from the Sengoku period 400 years ago. Kotaro notices that he has the same name and age as the general described in the book, and he experiences a flashback... Kotaro later mentions the book to his father, who tells him that he may be the descendent of a powerful samurai. At that moment, Kotaro receives a message from his childhood friend Ai telling him that their classmate Nakamura Tsuyoshi is in trouble. He rushes to the scene but doesn't have the guts to help, until another flashback transforms him into a samurai! --Tokyograph

Cast

* Miura Haruma as Mochizuki Kotaro
* Shirota Yu as Nakamura Tsuyoshi
* Anne as Nagasawa Ai
* Ohgo Suzuka as Mochizuki Yuna
* Kobayashi Ryoko as Minami Yurika
* Sakurada Dori (桜田通)
* Yanagishita Tomo
* Nakabeppu Aoi
* Ichikawa Mikako as Miki Sayaka
* Matsuda Saki (松田沙紀) as Kisaragi Hidemi
* Kaneko Nobuaki (金子ノブアキ) as Motoyama Hiroshi
* Kaneda Akio
* Kimura Midoriko
* Mimura as Watanuki Himiko
* Muroi Shigeru as Kamei Kyoko
* Kishitani Goro as Mochizuki Shinji

Source: DramaWiki

Hey everyone,

I waited and waited for someone to open this topic about Samurai High School, and nobody did :cry: . Now I have :salut: . I really love the Dorama so far, it´s funny.

Does anybody know when the English Subtitles will be provided for us? I can´t wait :wub: . Miura Haruma and Shirota Yu are in my opinion really good actors, love them!

Let´s discuss away! :cheers:
Last edited by soichiru-alan on Oct 29th, '09, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.

toma_sis

Post by toma_sis » Oct 29th, '09, 14:43

I'm also looking for this drama.. but still not watching them...
stilll waiting for TimeLesSub.... they will sub this series in a hard version...

:)

soichiru-alan

Post by soichiru-alan » Oct 29th, '09, 15:45

ah, thank you o_o! I´m looking forward to the subs and I shall wait patiently :cheers:

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Oct 31st, '09, 04:30

I can't help but notice that they chose Shirota Yu to play as Mochizuki Kotaro's supposed "vassal". And ironically, Shirota Yu is also currently casted in Tenchijin as Sanada Yukimura, whose vassal is none other than Mochizuki Kotaro. :roll

Lolli

Post by Lolli » Nov 2nd, '09, 10:58

@chokubi:
Thanks for the info!! That's interesting.
Haven't watched Tenchijin yet but I'm planning to do so... ^^

SHS is my current fav dorama!!! :thumright:
Miura-kun is awesome in his role and it's really funny :lol

Right now I can't wait for episode 3. <3

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 2nd, '09, 12:36

chokubi wrote:I can't help but notice that they chose Shirota Yu to play as Mochizuki Kotaro's supposed "vassal". And ironically, Shirota Yu is also currently casted in Tenchijin as Sanada Yukimura, whose vassal is none other than Mochizuki Kotaro. :roll
Yes, he is a vassal again in here but with so much different in both of his characters. notice him for the first time in Hana Kimi and noticed him again in Tenchijin but could not believe my eyes when i saw him in highschool samurai. his role is not that inetersting at the moment(maybe it will get better in future eps) but he was kind of annoying in first 2 eps. i think he just does not fit this character. he is too old for a highschool boy role.

miura just barely can convince you but not shirota yuu. same goes with Ann because we saw her in Karei-naru Spy as a journalist and now to be back in high school is a bit hard to believe.
apart from above, i kind of finding this drama funny and intersting. it's my guilty pleasure watch :P

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Nov 2nd, '09, 12:48

I'm really looking forward for the subs...
but WHYYYY hardsubs :cry:
I want softsubs.... :cry:
pleasee...e..e..e.... :cry:
tanomuuuuuu wa~ :-(

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Nov 2nd, '09, 12:58

Sigh,,,you can't have softsubs cause they never release them, plus you cannot even ask them for them, so forget about them.

Lolli

Post by Lolli » Nov 2nd, '09, 15:53

Issy wrote: miura just barely can convince you but not shirota yuu. same goes with Ann because we saw her in Karei-naru Spy as a journalist and now to be back in high school is a bit hard to believe.
I think we shouldn't focus too much on the aspect that they are playing high school characters but more on how they perform the different personalities of the characters! ^^

I also think Shirota looks much too big for a high schooler but him acting as a coward or wimp is actually okay... it could be a bit better maybe but I don't think he failed it.

For Miura I think he could easily pull it off to be two completely different persons :O even voice and facial expressions were changed which made it very impressive.

And yes playing a high schooler or a journalist is of course different level but I would think if she already did a great job acting as a journalist it might be an easy job for her now to play a high school student.
If it's not convincing for you then probably because you watched it in this order. The other way round people would surely think how amazing she developed.
But that's exactly the point why I don't try to compare roles especially not fom different genres.

@Aikawa Ringo:
Why is it so hard to download the hardsubbed version again? :blink

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Nov 2nd, '09, 17:20

Issy wrote:i think he just does not fit this character. he is too old for a highschool boy role.
Yeah I agree his built and facial features doesn't quite suit the wimpy role he's playing for this drama. Maybe his character will evolve into something that'll match up.

Philosoranter

Post by Philosoranter » Nov 3rd, '09, 01:13

It made me extremely giddy when I saw that they credited Hamada Britney as the "gal-speak consultant". :w00t:

It took me a good 5 seconds to work out what the librarian meant by ぱんピー. :roll

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Nov 3rd, '09, 02:29

Heh, yeah kind of funny that a drama would use such a "consultant" and have the need to credit her "work" for it. :mrgreen:

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Nov 3rd, '09, 14:19

I tried to watch the RAW, but I have no idea what they're talking about half the time. So, I'm still waiting for TimeLess. Though, it looked like an interesting drama. Miura looked different from his Bloody Monday & Gokusen 3 days, so... I hope it'll be a good drama at least...

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 3rd, '09, 18:13

@Loli
I think we shouldn't focus too much on the aspect that they are playing high school characters but more on how they perform the different personalities of the characters! ^^
to be honest, it is very hard not to focus about them being highschoolers when most of drama happens in the high school. and if this was not the case, then any actor/actress in 20s can play their role and they might be even better in performing different personalities.
these little details what makes drama a great one or a failure. you have to believe in their characters first to start enjoying it. 8)
I don't what is it but there is something about Yuu's character and his way of acting in here that is annoys me.
at the moment, my only fun is watching Miura/kotaro character. so funny :lol

londonsoul

Post by londonsoul » Nov 5th, '09, 02:10

I so love this drama. I can't stop laughing :lol :lol Miura is Great.

Lolli

Post by Lolli » Nov 5th, '09, 20:04

Issy wrote: I don't what is it but there is something about Yuu's character and his way of acting in here that is annoys me.
Maybe this is exactly the author's intention. :wink:

And at the end of episode 1 Samurai!Kotaro was kinda scolding him for being such a coward and always running away instead of fighting so I'm very sure his character is going to develope soon. :D

Btw does someone know why there is still no 3rd episode in RAW uploaded?
Or does someone know if the episode is uploaded somewhere else already?

soichiru-alan

Post by soichiru-alan » Nov 5th, '09, 22:24

Lolli wrote:
Issy wrote: I don't what is it but there is something about Yuu's character and his way of acting in here that is annoys me.
Maybe this is exactly the author's intention. :wink:

Btw does someone know why there is still no 3rd episode in RAW uploaded?
Or does someone know if the episode is uploaded somewhere else already?

ah, I watched it on veoh

and yes, I also think this is the author´s or director´s intention. I liked his character in eps. 3. And because Shirota Yu always played the bad guy in various doramas, he needs maybe just a bit of warming up so that he can act the exact opposite too x3;;?

But I have to say, that the story is slowling down a bit imo, for the first eps. it was very interesting, the second eps. nya, the third a bit better than the second... I hope they are going tol add more samurai-action in it ;__;. <33 love samurai kotaro.

yenchan69

Post by yenchan69 » Nov 6th, '09, 00:15

Issy wrote:... but he was kind of annoying in first 2 eps. i think he just does not fit this character. he is too old for a highschool boy role.

miura just barely can convince you but not shirota yuu.
Reminds me of what Shirota Yuu wrote in his blog when he was first cast... LOL. From: http://community.livejournal.com/yuu_sh ... 10235.html

Shirota to appear in Samurai High School

Shirota announced in his blog that he will appear as a high school student in fall drama Samurai Highschool:

"You who just thought 'Eh??? You shouldn't appear as a high school student anymore'
I'm going to do my best so please let it pass. m(__)m (laugh)"

He goes on to say it's the first time he's playing the role of someone bullied and he thought he had little hopes of this.

http://blog.watanabepro.co.jp/shirotayu ... t_578.html

Personally I find him funny as heck! That scene when he was sitting on the riverbank at the end of Ep. 1, I just wanted to eat him up he was so kewt. LOL....

Arhazivory

Post by Arhazivory » Nov 6th, '09, 08:59

Yuu really shocked me. Never expected to see him play the timid guy role, but he does it well. XD

First episode was really excellent and I'm looking forward to the next one. XD Miura is a gem, able to transform so well into a samurai...you'd almost think it's someone else. lol.

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Nov 7th, '09, 14:42

i'm half way in it. This thing got me smiling even if the starting fighting scene kinda looked to colourfull and make-uppy

Lolli

Post by Lolli » Nov 7th, '09, 18:21

soichiru-alan wrote: ah, I watched it on veoh
Thank you so much!!!! :notworthy:

And yeah I just hope they'll find the right balance for the two Kotaros like one episode more of samurai and one more of high school kid cause I think that both are really awesome and funny. xD

Going to watch 1st ep with subs now!!! :heart:

jasminech

Post by jasminech » Nov 8th, '09, 10:52

Hooray for a thread! Loved the first episode. Both Miura and Yuu's characters annoyed me at first, but I started getting used to them by the end of the episode. I hope Yuu's character develops, because I'm really not fond of the EXTRA timid type roles.

Love Miura's samurai portrayal - I think he's doing an excellent job with it. Looking forward to the rest of the series!

hectic3

Post by hectic3 » Nov 8th, '09, 13:12

I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds Shirota Yuu damned annoying in his current role.

However, the fact that Watanabe Anne is in there more than makes up for it. I end up staring at her whenever she appears...... awesome zettai ryouiki too!

Lolli

Post by Lolli » Nov 9th, '09, 12:40

Yeah veoh is so awesome!!!
Episode 4 is already up there. :thumright:

soichiru-alan

Post by soichiru-alan » Nov 9th, '09, 19:03

Lolli wrote:Yeah veoh is so awesome!!!
Episode 4 is already up there. :thumright:
uah great :wub: I´m watching it now x3.

btw. I´m from Germany, too xD.

Lolli

Post by Lolli » Nov 9th, '09, 22:42

soichiru-alan wrote: btw. I´m from Germany, too xD.
hey that's great ^^

btw your nick sounds kind of familar to me... are you on animexx or livejournal?

Feeder_Fan

Post by Feeder_Fan » Nov 10th, '09, 15:06

Shirota Yu plays like a Broom and i agree with Issy. He is not fitted for this character.

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Nov 13th, '09, 02:12

The male sidekick has an annoying big role in the 2nd episode. It doesn't seem he will change very fast. So for the next episodes i expect him to be still as timid and annoynig as ever. I do hope like all good looking hollywood actors acting a shy person. He will transform into a glorious warrior. Or just die, i don't care as long as he drops that wussy voice. :P

2nd episode wasn't that strong. It felt short as well. Nothing really happened story wise.
There was a cavalry race, he was put in a situation where he would throw the fight, he and the inner samarai didn't.

I hope there will be more overarching plots instead of this sappy episodic stuff. Otherwise i could be a scriptwriter... hmm lets see
Samurai in the amusement parks. Proud samurai gets scared in rollercoaster and attacks local mouse mascot.
Samurai and the classfriend in trouble. Class mate gets in trouble with local hooligans for owing money, they end up in a abandoned hangar and fight it out. Samurai wins.
Samurai and the briefcase full of money. Samurai finds a suitcase full of money. Normal self is in doubt but in the end wants to do the right thing. Mafia who the briefcase belongs to, find him. Transformation into samurai. They end up in a abandoned factory and fight it out. Samurai wins. Gives money to local orphanage.

wolfsbane_desu

Post by wolfsbane_desu » Nov 13th, '09, 22:39

I'm watching this mostly for Miura. I mean it's like two different people, it's amazing. Of course i can't get enough of samurai Kotarou.

I wonder if Miura knows any kendo? His movements look so graceful.

kanikosi

Post by kanikosi » Nov 14th, '09, 14:53

show looking good

annoyedwabbit

Post by annoyedwabbit » Nov 15th, '09, 05:51

I finally found the time to watch the second episode. ^_^ So far I like how the show is shaping up. Nothing earth-shaking happened in the second episode, but I think pacing-wise, that was a good thing. We got a chance to see a little character development.

The dad was great in this episode. I really like him. XD

kaiservonjapan

Post by kaiservonjapan » Nov 15th, '09, 21:39

The show is really good, you're right.

it's not great or demanding but it's really entertaining and fun to see how everything develops!

juzdiz

Post by juzdiz » Nov 18th, '09, 11:04

I'm really liking this series so far - with much thanks to TimelesSub for excellent subbing, as always. :thumleft:

I started 2 other dramas but found them extremely lame. This one's very entertaining. And love, love Kotaro's dad! :-) Kotaro the Samurai is so amusing.

Kotaro: Is it your wish...to bear my children?

Wahahaha!
:tv:

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Nov 24th, '09, 01:21

about ep3: Does ai have gps inserted in her. Samurai found her so easy.
A dull arrow derails a speeding car full gass (going 10km/u :P) how exactly.
Villain not caring about a girl shouting help? Not worried about police and number plates at all?
And why do crappy villains have such awfull glasses taste in Japan.

Too much singing and not enough fun. I am still looking forward to episode 4 though.

bean

Post by bean » Nov 28th, '09, 09:31

ya, ep 3 was kinda bored.. d song wasnt so great. n i expect more fr kotaro +_+

d fact that ai didnt notice a bed inside d car is juz so i mean d bed is visiable lo, big and can c it trough back mirror right. haha. anyway i like this drama a lot. i found japan drama contains lessons and lead us toward good thigns. juz like Ninkyo Helper. :lol

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Nov 29th, '09, 07:01

After You're Beautiful is over, started watching this today and I'm enjoying it so far. I'm totally loving the main cast. I love both dorky side and cool samurai side of Miura Haruma :lol didn't know he's had it in him to play such differing characters. The funniest part of all that I can't stop laughing is Shirota Yu playing a weakling ... I mean come on he always plays the gangster cool demeanor badass characters. And here, he's such a coward and is afraid of girls :w00t:

And I also like the romantic beat between Kotaro-kun and Nagasawai Ai. Cool Watanabe's daughter can sing. Haven't seen her before, but I like her voice and her spunky character on this drama.

Additional is Ohgo Suzuka, whose young career also seems bright in the future. Can't wait for ep4.

Fumei

Post by Fumei » Dec 1st, '09, 18:26

woah I really love the drama!!

But for some reason I just can't get ajusted to seeing Yu-chan in a weak position ><
It's just not like him, because he doesn't look weak!!
And the way he act weak is just a little awkward *sigh*

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Dec 2nd, '09, 18:00

4th episode was much better than the third.
Though actually i mostly enjoy just the samurai parts. They are so fun to watch. Special props to timeless subs to also translate it samurai speech in old fashioned english.

The push-ups were horrible though. truelly horrible. Who in their right minds counts a push up if you just move around your head silly. How about bending those arms and keep the rest of your body still you pussies! :P

annoyedwabbit

Post by annoyedwabbit » Dec 3rd, '09, 06:01

outcast_within wrote:The push-ups were horrible though. truelly horrible.
So very, very true. Nakamura looked like he was humping the ground. And then later he was seriously molesting his popsicle! o_O

I love the dad more every episode. He's so odd and endearing. I think he would be the kind of dad that all your friends loved, and that drove you nuts.

Finally, Important Historical Facts about Samurai, as brought to you by Samurai High School:
Fact 1: Samurai DNA glows cyan. This is because samurai ARE JUST THAT AWESOME!
Fact 2: Samurai do not wear overshirts. Ever. If an overshirt comes in contact with a samurai, said overshirt will cease to exist.

Seriously, has anyone else noticed the way Kotaro's overshirts magically disappear, no explanation offered, when he turns into samurai!Kotaro? Not that I'm objecting, at all. Miura Haruma in tanktops is quiiite allright with me. The disappearing overshirt was just particularly blatant this episode.

Fumei

Post by Fumei » Dec 3rd, '09, 07:40

annoyedwabbit wrote:I love the dad more every episode. He's so odd and endearing. I think he would be the kind of dad that all your friends loved, and that drove you nuts.
The Dad is one of my favorite characters XD just his personality and the way he act. So awesome XD although I can't picture him as my dad... he can also be odd at times, but not as odd as in the series.
annoyedwabbit wrote:Finally, Important Historical Facts about Samurai, as brought to you by Samurai High School:
Fact 2: Samurai do not wear overshirts. Ever. If an overshirt comes in contact with a samurai, said overshirt will cease to exist.

Seriously, has anyone else noticed the way Kotaro's overshirts magically disappear, no explanation offered, when he turns into samurai!Kotaro? Not that I'm objecting, at all. Miura Haruma in tanktops is quiiite allright with me. The disappearing overshirt was just particularly blatant this episode.
I think that is mostly to let us see the differents? or something like that XD but you're right everytime he changes everything suddely disappeares.

Another fact I noticed:
Fact 3: Samurai have always something with them to tie their hair, even when they are just a spirit and come from the past!

I don't know if you guys noticed it to. But everytime Kotaro changes in samuraiKotaro he mysteriously have something with him to tie his hair! While you see Kotaro never with something like that

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Dec 3rd, '09, 08:20

annoyedwabbit wrote: Finally, Important Historical Facts about Samurai, as brought to you by Samurai High School:
Haha :lol this is why I love Jdramas ... their silly comedies and "special" transformations. At the first episode I was fine with it since he really was wearing only his undershirt ... but then came other episodes when he's wearing a sweater or uniform ... and out of nowhere, when he turns into Samurai mode, he is suddenly only wearing his undershirt. I'm like looking in the ground where the rest of his clothes went and they are nowhere to be seen.

Gonna watch ep4 TK TimelessSub.

Bibliofil

Post by Bibliofil » Dec 3rd, '09, 10:09

annoyedwabbit wrote:
outcast_within wrote:The push-ups were horrible though. truelly horrible.
So very, very true. Nakamura looked like he was humping the ground. And then later he was seriously molesting his popsicle! o_O

I love the dad more every episode. He's so odd and endearing. I think he would be the kind of dad that all your friends loved, and that drove you nuts.

Finally, Important Historical Facts about Samurai, as brought to you by Samurai High School:

Yep! And an appearing top-knot! I think in ep 4 you can sort of see him putting his hair away but mostly it appears as the overshirt dissapears.....maybe some inverse relationship? :blink
But I agree, a tank top is such nice piece of clothing... :P

Popdog

Post by Popdog » Dec 3rd, '09, 13:16

Can someone tell me what is the meaning of 'Kanbutsu'?

I looked it up online and it says dried veggies. But how does that make sense in the drama when Kotaro says,"I am Kanbutsu!"

annoyedwabbit

Post by annoyedwabbit » Dec 3rd, '09, 18:49

Popdog wrote:Can someone tell me what is the meaning of 'Kanbutsu'?

I looked it up online and it says dried veggies. But how does that make sense in the drama when Kotaro says,"I am Kanbutsu!"
At the end of episode one Nakamura asks what it means, and samurai!Kotaro says "They are devious people who excel at cunning." (Thanks to TimeLesSubs for the translation, there!)

About halfway down the page here: http://tangorin.com/words/cunning,%20wicked%20person they list "kanbutsu" or 姦物, as "cunning man, crook."

ssih

Post by ssih » Dec 4th, '09, 00:48

annoyedwabbit wrote:I love the dad more every episode. He's so odd and endearing. I think he would be the kind of dad that all your friends loved, and that drove you nuts.
The dad steals the show in Ep 6, imo. I'd like to see a lot more of him. He and his wife are such a great contrast.

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Dec 4th, '09, 00:59

annoyedwabbit wrote:

At the end of episode one Nakamura asks what it means, and samurai!Kotaro says "They are devious people who excel at cunning." (Thanks to TimeLesSubs for the translation, there!)

About halfway down the page here: http://tangorin.com/words/cunning,%20wicked%20person they list "kanbutsu" or 姦物, as "cunning man, crook."
i think you have it wrong. the devious people are loanshark. he refers to himself as a samurai or something. would not make sense in context to see i'm a cunning crook.

annoyedwabbit

Post by annoyedwabbit » Dec 4th, '09, 04:09

outcast_within wrote:
annoyedwabbit wrote:

i think you have it wrong. the devious people are loanshark. he refers to himself as a samurai or something. would not make sense in context to see i'm a cunning crook.
No, Kotaro is definitely saying he is a kanbutsu. I think he's saidbasically the same thing every episode. He's not calling himself a crook, he's just saying he's cunning and devious, neither of which are necessarily bad things.

I'm kind of wishing I had a Japanese-to-Japanese dictionary, because I think that kanbutsu probably has connotations that we're missing that would be obvious to a native speaker. But basically, I think samurai!Kotaro is being set up as a hero that thinks before acting, and doesn't necessarily take the straightforward path - he was the one, in the opening flashback, who was arguing against the "kill ourselves in the name of honor" idea. I would call him a hero in the tradition of Homer's Odysseus, but that's the wrong cultural heritage. :)

Popdog

Post by Popdog » Dec 4th, '09, 09:08

Thanks annoyedwabbit...that helps although it does seem like a rather odd saying.
I must be missing some sort of cultural context.

kenrei

Post by kenrei » Dec 5th, '09, 10:21

Kanbutsu is an old word. Bushi are supposed to be honest and living clean but kanbutsu means its against that way...he is fighting a person that is kind of shifty.

he says "onore" but in that situation he says the equivalent of "you" not "I am" in Japan at that time it was very strict about ones place in life for example if you are a farmer that is your class, if you are a samurai that is your class. onore comes from higher position talking to lower position. when you fight with someone do you want to be a lower position than the person you are fighting with? "onore" makes you look bigger or stronger. Its like a curse at someone. "You are a deceitful person." like swearing at someone in a fight, "you dirty #@&!$#d"

Hopefully that makes sense.

excuse me if anyone has already mentioned this (i havent finished reading the whole thread) but even the high school they go to is a kind of joke "Sengoku" high school. in the drama it is written to mean many countries but it also refers to the period of time of warring feudal Japan.

Lolli

Post by Lolli » Dec 13th, '09, 11:43

Thanks a lot to all for the word and cultural explanantions.
It make more sense to me now. ^^

I also think the disappearing shirt and the hair tie are funny but I won't complain. *gg*

Btw is it true that the drama is already finished with only 9 epiosde? :-(

wainee

miura. miura. :D

Post by wainee » Dec 15th, '09, 14:27

i soooooo love haruma~chan.
cooool.
i have not watched samurai high yet.
but i have plans on it. :D

can you recommend other haruma shows/anime/movies?
he's soo cool. :D

emeralda

Post by emeralda » Dec 18th, '09, 09:01

just curious..
why the episod 7, 8 and 9 still not uploaded even the drama already finish aired right?
will the rest 3 episod will be upload after this??

:O :O :O

Kylran

Post by Kylran » Dec 20th, '09, 14:11

emeralda wrote:just curious..
why the episod 7, 8 and 9 still not uploaded even the drama already finish aired right?
will the rest 3 episod will be upload after this??

:O :O :O
I'm actually curious about the same thing. I noticed that the previous episodes (RAW) had been uploaded shortly after airing... i like this series. even though yu generally plays a tough guy role, he seems to be doing ok in his weakling role. i was surprised though. i had just finished watching rookies =]

and, after bloody monday and galileo, i think the lead actor, miura(?), is doing great! i think the only thing i've seen of his that i didn't enjoy was the koizora movie. i actually enjoyed the series better.

Arhazivory

Post by Arhazivory » Dec 24th, '09, 18:32

Watched episode 7 last night and the father-son interaction was so great. Since the beginning I've fallen in love with the dad. He rocks. XD This is probably my favourite drama this season. :D

Kylran

Post by Kylran » Dec 26th, '09, 20:55

Arhazivory wrote:Watched episode 7 last night and the father-son interaction was so great. Since the beginning I've fallen in love with the dad. He rocks. XD This is probably my favourite drama this season. :D
I'm still waiting for the RAW's of eps 7-9... I did d/l ep 7 with Chinese subs, but it's still easier to pay attention to the story (for me) without subs. I get subbed versions so my friends can watch them without having to ask me to translate everything they're saying.

Timeless is definitely an awesome group!! I love watching episodes they've subbed. I also like Shinsensubs!! Both of them seem to take real care in making sure the subtitles don't take away from the viewing experience and they're very professional about it.

Even given that... I still like RAW eps for me =]

Random J

Post by Random J » Jan 2nd, '10, 05:06

This is a really cool drama. Miura Haruma's Samurai voice is BAD ass! 8) Dude should do voice acting. He sounds SO different it's almost weird.

I didn't think I'd get into this drama, but it's pretty good. You can tell everybody is having fun playing their characters, which makes it even more fun to watch.

Miura Haruma's a really good comic actor. After watching him in Bloody Monday, I never would've thought he could be so comic and animated. But he really is good in this. Does anybody else think he looks a little like Tetsuji Tamayama?

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Jan 7th, '10, 15:55

Those that are waiting for the last 3 episode will have to wait longer because it has been difficult to get those. But I'll keep trying to get them.

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Jan 8th, '10, 09:18

SD version will be fine as well, I hope timeless will do that.

partner55083777

Post by partner55083777 » Jan 10th, '10, 03:41

Those that are waiting for the last 3 episode will have to wait longer because it has been difficult to get those. But I'll keep trying to get them.
Thanks for uploading up to episode 6!

I've been really looking forward to watching the last 3 episodes. It looks like you can find them on sites like Veoh (gag!), but hopefully they can be found somewhere else! I'd really like to have a 704x396 .avi.

cha2

Post by cha2 » Jan 10th, '10, 04:12

Moodilic wrote:Those that are waiting for the last 3 episode will have to wait longer because it has been difficult to get those. But I'll keep trying to get them.
Thanks.

cuchallain

Post by cuchallain » Jan 16th, '10, 14:44

I don't know if I'm actually allowed to do this since I know d-addicts has hatred for this particular site but dramacrazy has subbed episode 8 by themselves and said they will do episode 9 very shortly too.

I like TimeLesSubs but have to admit they are quite slow with their releases and this was very welcome news to me. Sorry if this irritates anyone but its just to let people know episode 8 is there if you choose to watch it ^^

Daichi09

Post by Daichi09 » Feb 7th, '10, 08:53

HD raws for the last 3 episodes seem non-existent but apparently TimeLes has them. :(

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Feb 12th, '10, 15:23

Now that was a hot hot kiss... :P

They don't finalize the love triangle.. well basically nakumara losing. and those two ending up together.

Also why would the samurai faint when held by a girl when he was married and made a girl pregant and everything.

thuthuy62

Post by thuthuy62 » Nov 16th, '10, 13:31

I love Shirota Yuu here.
Nakamura's so cute and his char's growing through each episode.
This drama's very worth-watching!

tomhanks11
United States of America

Re: [Discussion] Samurai High School (Miura Haruma, Shirota Yu)

Post by tomhanks11 » Jan 13th, '22, 15:49

Good film about school!