You're Beautiful (SBS, 2009)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
misuzana

Post by misuzana » Nov 13th, '09, 17:23

Episode 11 was good ... Things got really hot :salut: :salut: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

and the Ending is to fall for :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: .... Ur gonna faint :mrgreen:
on to the next episode

:cry: :cry: :cry: Poor Shin woo :cry: :cry: :glare:
:thumright: Jeremy Ur too much :cheers: :cheers: all was happy :thumleft:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 13th, '09, 20:40

Shin Woo? Who the hell is Shin Woo! Tae Kyung:)

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Nov 14th, '09, 16:42

Omg episode 12
whata turn around :-)
the ending where TK told her that he gave her permission to like was sweet :O :mrgreen:
and I think is about time too :thumright:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 14th, '09, 22:14

Lets hope Hong sisters will not make what they do best - messing with viewers!!! Just let them be happy (MN and TK, i mean).

connie1027

Post by connie1027 » Nov 15th, '09, 02:43

I like this very much!!!!! Park Shin Hye is so lovely!!

krayfi

Post by krayfi » Nov 16th, '09, 03:15

C-subbed episodes folder (just so I won't keep posting) :lol

http://www.sendspace.com/folder/mawg0x

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 18th, '09, 13:18

as avid jdrama fan that seen nothing but japanese dramas, You're Beautiful was my first ever kdrama to watch after it was recommanded by a friend and read about it constantly on an lj.
I am so happy that i picked this drama. i am totally hooked on it and so in love with
story/characters/actors and everything about it. you get addicted just by 1st few mins of this drama.
now i am totally in love with with baby JGS (i say baby JGS because he is the youngest actor ever i really like but he sure does not look it at this role)

the scenes that really made me love this drama was thse sweet hear-warming scenes between TK & MN. it's just too adorable. eps 11 and 12 were full of them.
now i really can't wait for ep13.

the only thing that makes me angry is the whole presence of Nationa Fairy (or fake fairy as TK calls her and how precise is this name for her) and how she is over-rated in this drama for reasons that clearly, she is NOT. but then again, if i was the director and wanted to bering someone in compitition with MN, i need to have the same person too.

I keep reading /hearing that kdramas are known for making their viewers suffer by giving too much time to evil/negative roles and make the hero and heroin suffer till very end till they get their happy ending together. Thank god that it's not the same in YB. everytime fake fairy is up to something no good and evil, Tk is there to return all nastiness back to her. it just make my day every time she fails in one her evil plots.

legolasidkarlo

Post by legolasidkarlo » Nov 18th, '09, 14:03

Where do you get subs for this series?

legolasidkarlo

Post by legolasidkarlo » Nov 18th, '09, 14:03

Where do you get subs for this series?

Phalen62

Post by Phalen62 » Nov 18th, '09, 20:46

WithS2 is doing the subs. You can find them at their website http://withs2.com/

eilla

Post by eilla » Nov 20th, '09, 13:25

Has anyone here watched ep 14? OMG I am really angry right now, I don't understand why these people in dramas, they never talk or listen to each other. They just assume things, they say all those words they don't mean and run away,.... I understand that it is for sake of plot, but still.... People usually try to talk, don't they? Especially when they care. They ask for reasons etc...... I just hope everything will be good soon.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Nov 21st, '09, 02:41

Ican't waitto see what the Brother will do ... :P
14 was a hard pill to swallow ... aww :cry: Jeremy
sing through the tears boy
:cry: wow all this over a girl ... wow look how things change
waiting for 15 :cheers:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Nov 21st, '09, 02:44

eilla wrote:Has anyone here watched ep 14? OMG I am really angry right now, I don't understand why these people in dramas, they never talk or listen to each other. They just assume things, they say all those words they don't mean and run away,.... I understand that it is for sake of plot, but still.... People usually try to talk, don't they? Especially when they care. They ask for reasons etc...... I just hope everything will be good soon.
lol .. but your right no one listens they all hear what they want to hear ... me too ... :glare: :roll :unsure:

But come on too much things in the show scream BBF really the chain, the shoes ahh come on :glare:

A.N.JELL

Post by A.N.JELL » Nov 23rd, '09, 14:36

This drama is love!
I can't wait to see the last two episodes ♥____♥

Jeremy made me cry in the last episode!!!
I hope this drama ends well. I loved the ending to City Hall, a great drama this year.

Janja

Post by Janja » Nov 25th, '09, 18:08

I so LOVE this drama. The 14th ep got me almost depressed tho. <_< It's so SAD.

I hope it'll end nicely tho.. Only 2 eps left. :cry:

epixeltwin

Post by epixeltwin » Nov 27th, '09, 07:10

Episode 15 was good but I think that it wasn't very dramatic for a last episode! This drama is super cute, is super touching and totally lovable, but not as dramatic as My Girl (another drama by Hong Sisters)

anyways really enjoyed that episode and the ending left me awaiting last episode #16 SOOOO Badly

Yukinon

Post by Yukinon » Nov 27th, '09, 11:36

Issy wrote:as avid jdrama fan that seen nothing but japanese dramas, You're Beautiful was my first ever kdrama to watch after it was recommanded by a friend and read about it constantly on an lj.[...]
Issy, if you liked YAB this much, you should also try all the others dramas by Hong sisters...My girl, Hong gil dong, Fantastic couple, Delightful Girl Choon Hyang....in general, Hong sisters trademark is a guarantee :thumleft:
Who knows, maybe this could be the first of a long series of k-dramas for you :lol

As for Yab, I've just watched the last episode...I'm speechless!
I couldn't desire a better ending :wub:
I already know I'll terribly miss them

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Nov 27th, '09, 21:15

Does anybody know the name of the instrumental song (the one that contains the insane electric guitar solo) that plays about the time 57:40 in episode 14? (it was used in the former episodes before) I think it's a song of Yngwie Malmsteen, but I'm not sure.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 28th, '09, 10:10

Yukinon wrote:
Issy wrote:as avid jdrama fan that seen nothing but japanese dramas, You're Beautiful was my first ever kdrama to watch after it was recommanded by a friend and read about it constantly on an lj.[...]
Issy, if you liked YAB this much, you should also try all the others dramas by Hong sisters...My girl, Hong gil dong, Fantastic couple, Delightful Girl Choon Hyang....in general, Hong sisters trademark is a guarantee :thumleft:
Who knows, maybe this could be the first of a long series of k-dramas for you :lol

As for Yab, I've just watched the last episode...I'm speechless!
I couldn't desire a better ending :wub:
I already know I'll terribly miss them
Thanks for recommandation. :lol actually i did start watching HGD (well, mainly because JGS is my newest obsession at the moment) but if these kind of dramas are hong sisters trademark then i will try some more of their work too.

as for ep16 of YAB
it ended perfectly but i did want some more scenes of TK x MN after they got back together. i just love where TK sang MN dad's song for her and trying to find her between hundereds of screaming fans and in the dark.
was reading soompi other day and some say that there might be a possibility of S2 but as i have been told that S2s are not much done with k-dramas. i am wondering about it.
for me, the story ended up just fine but because i was hooked so much, i wanted to see more and more and did not want it to end.
the scenes where TK went looking for MN to that school and seeing all these stars on the wall made by her and him overwelmed and moved by all this was just so beautiful. you could see all those emotions in TK/JGS's eyes.
not to mention the scenes where after running every where to find MN and coming back disappointed, she just falls into his lap (litrally) :P and he just recognise her when he held her hand. just too heart melting.
for me YAB is one of most favourite drama of all time. i just love this drama :wub:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Nov 29th, '09, 00:48

this beccame one of my fav K-dramas :thumright: :thumleft:

house_elf_cutie

Post by house_elf_cutie » Nov 29th, '09, 00:59

This is easily one of the best dramas of this year. I don't know why but I really like dramas that have some genderbending in it. Jang Geun Suk is freaking hot and Park Shin Hye is so pretty. Jeremy and Shin Woo were great as well :D and so were the other characters. I'll miss the manager's daydream sequences.

fleng

Post by fleng » Nov 30th, '09, 13:34

The drama is watchable at best.. didn't really like the actors/actresses. I'm a fan of Hong Sisters' story and the story is quite enjoyable but I got tired of the retardo pouting look that Go Mi Nam have.. I understand she is naive and all but it just gets very annoying at the 15th episode.. thank god there was the climax at the end of that.

Not a bad drama to watch and pass the time.. but didn't really get the emotional attachment to the characters/story like I did with My Girl and other Hong Sisters story. Not gonna have a withdrawal syndrome from this dorama :( haha.

amirvero

YAB SEASON 2 PETITION

Post by amirvero » Dec 1st, '09, 07:53

There is a petition going on to get a second season of YAB
if anyone wants a second season and would like to sign the petition
here is the link
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/YB2/

as of this very moment there is 863 signatures the goal is 50,000

once you sign check your inbox you will receive an email to verify your signature
please verify or it won't be valid

there is also a facebook YAB petition group if you have a facebook and would like to join
this is the link

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/grou ... 370&ref=mf

and as well there is an international YAB fans group
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/grou ... 092&ref=mf
which will be having projects as well if you would like to join

hope all who read this will sign the petition so we can all enjoy a season 2 in the future

Don't forget to spread the word

RainingWendy

Post by RainingWendy » Dec 2nd, '09, 02:23

This drama became my favorite but the thing is that how could you make a second season out of it?
What are they going to do with the plot?
I mean you guys saw how they did the awkward takes of the real Go Mi Nam. Although I have to say they chose a hot body for Go Mi Nam ( the male twin) body. But eitherway, it would be good to have a second season just that it may not be good.

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Dec 4th, '09, 07:22

RainingWendy wrote:This drama became my favorite but the thing is that how could you make a second season out of it?
What are they going to do with the plot?
I mean you guys saw how they did the awkward takes of the real Go Mi Nam. Although I have to say they chose a hot body for Go Mi Nam ( the male twin) body. But eitherway, it would be good to have a second season just that it may not be good.
true there is a possibility that the second season won't be as good but vise versa the second season could be good or better than the first. The second season could eal with how MN and TK develop their relationship the struggles of dating a celebrity, they can as well go more into depth with the other characters....such as both MN and TK don't have to necessarily have to be the main characters as I said maybe the main focus for this season could be Jeremy and SW.
There are numerous possibilities since as well it was a bit of an open ending.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 4th, '09, 07:28

As long as Hong sisters will write the script, I'm not taking a failure as an outcome. But with this beautiful and fine ending, season 2 is almost a necessity. Hope it will become true:)

nevastroyka

Post by nevastroyka » Dec 5th, '09, 18:52

im about to watch episodes 15 and 16...im very happy with these drama, i dont want it to end :)
im so into this one, that i dont know what other new cool dramas are out there right now. I like the style of these one though :D

i onle seen a few, devil beside you, my girl, attack no1, YAB :D...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 6th, '09, 14:20

So you should watch Coffee Prince. Untill October it was my all-time favorite drama. Now, well, I'm not so sure:)

nevastroyka

Post by nevastroyka » Dec 6th, '09, 19:25

wow, its just that YAB is so amazing....i cant get enough!
Im in love with that drama :)

i havent seen coffee prince, goong n neither full house :S
i guess im a sinner
I ll take a look n see what happens, thx Ethleen

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 6th, '09, 19:43

Well, Full House is the weakest from all you mentioned. But try to watch also: My name is Kim Sam-soon(My lovely Kim Sam-soon), or Attic Cat(this one is not so cheerful as the rest, but worth watching).
Cheers to you:)

And I'm having withdrawal syndrome, please, Hong sisters, write something as beautiful as YAB:)

nevastroyka

Post by nevastroyka » Dec 6th, '09, 21:09

we want YAB 2!!!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 7th, '09, 19:23

We want at least some Special!!

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Dec 8th, '09, 02:58

Does anyone know what brand of clothing Yoo He Yi (UEE) wore here? I especially wanted to get that gold off shouldered dress she wore I think around episode 5-6ish....

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Dec 10th, '09, 23:22

can't help but post this here.
Hwang Tae Kyungsshhiii!!!!!
soOoo... CUTE!!!! >_<

Phillykat

Post by Phillykat » Dec 11th, '09, 01:01

It does sound good.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 12th, '09, 09:02

biniBningPunkista wrote:can't help but post this here.
soOoo... CUTE!!!! >_<

SECOND THIS STRONGLY. He is my new obsession. on 2nd round watching this drama and i am still glued to the screen. :wub:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Dec 12th, '09, 16:41

biniBningPunkista wrote:can't help but post this here.
soOoo... CUTE!!!! >_<

AGREED :cheers: :cheers: :w00t: :w00t: :P :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 13th, '09, 11:41

This scene definitely cracked me up. He has never smiled like in this moment. It was simply adorable:)

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 13th, '09, 12:55

I thought i include the comeplete CUTENESS. :P

E N J O Y

and someM O R E

BUT , as for his most bautiful smile in the drama (even though all of them were heatstoppingly beautiful, but it has to be this one from ep11.
Attachments
vlcsnap-2009-12-13-15h49m53s13.png
vlcsnap-2009-12-13-15h49m53s13.png (251.62 KiB) Viewed 3529 times

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 13th, '09, 13:51

And of course after playing the piano and singing Fly me to the Moon. I like his subtle smiles, although, well, scratch that, I like his every smile! :mrgreen:

And Breathless video is so gods damn funny! Almost as the parodies, kekekeke:)

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Dec 18th, '09, 17:22

Issy wrote:I thought i include the comeplete CUTENESS. :P

E N J O Y

and someM O R E

BUT , as for his most bautiful smile in the drama (even though all of them were heatstoppingly beautiful, but it has to be this one from ep11.
that scene was the best everytime i see i have to laugh LOL and LOUD :w00t: :thumleft: :w00t: oh my stomach hurts :w00t: :lol :lol :lol :lol :tv: :tv:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 20th, '09, 21:50

There won't be season 2. Hong sisters are working on a project revolving around the story of Nine-tailed Fox. Although Hong ki and Yong hwa were willing to do so, Geun Seok said that it is time for him to move from Hwang Tae Kyung. So, at least with him and Hong sisters, the situation is clear.
Maybe they will change their mind. But still, if ever(!) second season is going to be, think about the station (SBS did nothing to promote the drama), and the IRIS season 2. Yet again in the same time slot?? That's ridiculous!
I don't believe in season 2.
But DVD Directors Cut has 20 episodes and plenty of cut scenes.
Still, I would like to watch a special.
Eh, my life lost its colours for a moment...

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 20th, '09, 22:14

this strange because after YAB was finished, JGS in one interview said that he would like to do S2 if it was decided. so what's with sudden change of heart. yes, he said that he want to leave TK character behinde and get ready for future dramas.
i thought that Hong sister quiet like JGS and wanted to write more dramas specially for him to star in.
as much as i love YAB and i would watch anything to do with it, i am kind of scared that a second season won't live up to YAB's fans high expectations and it might be a let down for greatness of S1. everything and all cast have to be the same from season 1, the story needs to be written as beautiful and as clever as before.
i am very happy with how everything ended and don't really mind if there is no S2 but the fangirl in me always wants to see more and more of those sweet/cute moments between TK and MN and i can never have enough of it.
when i was thinking of possibility of S2, i thought it might be kind of hard for PSY because she needs to do two characters as now we have the real Go Mi Nam present with the group too. she was good as a girl pretending to be a boy but very convincing as the original boy in the story. specially those scenes from GMN back in the airport was kind of funny because the body did not really match the face so it was ok when they kept those scenes as minimum with no full /proper scenes of GMN.
for now, i am quiet happy with DC DVDs that cost me an arm and a leg to pre-order. i just think of those behind the scenes clips and extra four eps that i can see. :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 20th, '09, 22:29

Yes, Hong sisters love him (hell, who doesn't??), but I read once that they are not very fond of making second seasons of any drama they write the script to. JGS said many different things, sometimes excluding one another, so I think he was just teasing us, fans. This role was very hard for him (weight loss, ie), he had a busy year, I think he should give himself a break.
You mentioned PSH as a boy, I have the same opinion on it. The scenes with Minam were rare and shot in the way that made everything possible (well, airport is weird, and not so well put together but who cares?), so for her making another series as two persons would be hard. And if they got rid if Minam using another "bad surgery" excuse, it would be phony.
Still, if Hong sisters wrote the script, everything would be fine.
Yes, DVD DC is costly, but I hope it's worth it, kekeke :mrgreen:

asprikitik

Post by asprikitik » Dec 21st, '09, 04:12

geez.. WATCHING After School Performances with UEE, she looks MISCHIEVOUS even without acting! She's a very sexy dancer though :thumleft:

is it me or does JGS looks like Satoshi Tsumabuki sometimes?

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Dec 24th, '09, 08:01

I'm a little disappointed with this drama. Go Mi Nam totally looks like a girl and I am surprised nobody has yet found her out. Also her character is quite boring. At times the acting is pretty stiff too. But well. For JGS it's worth watching. (how the heck he lost so much weight?!)

Anyways, I have watched all Hong sister's dramas and I think this one is maybe the best so far. Their dramas tend to turn really depression and boring halfway... (I still can not get over my Hong Gil Dong disappointment) I have now watched 10 episodes and it's still pretty entertaining. The OST is really good and atmosphere is pretty sweet too.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 29th, '09, 01:55

My first post here! Woo hoo!

I can't get enough of this series. It's brilliant. I wish they'd have the DVD out for Europe/Region 2 as well... 20 episodes and aaaaall those extras.. Man, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. :cry:

Hopefully, someone will upload it somewhere so I'll keep an eye out here as well.

Also, maakopla, she does look like a girl, but asian males tend to look feminine sometimes when they're younger. Not all, but some. If she was 15 or so, it could be hard to tell the difference if she was such a boy.

Personally, I loved Go Mi Nyu's character as well. She did mess it up a bit near the end and if I was her, I'd have knocked the daylights out of that...witch, Yoo He Yi quite early on, but overall, Mi Nyu is a good solid character. Plus, she's perfect for Tae Kyung's character as well. They really are a pair of idiots :lol

Me, I wouldn't like a second season. I think the main topic was the romance between the two characters and that's achieved. Sure, more Jeremy, Shin Woo and happenings would be nice, but the climax has been reached so it could endanger the awesomness of this series.

I love it just as it is. I think the cast, story and everything else about it is 100%. It also amazes me how these kids can be so talented in so many ways. They are wonderful singers and actors. Me and my mom always go on and on while watching this series about how impossible it is for them to be so attractive and talented. Haha! :D

We're now in the 4th or 5th time of watching it within this month and we'll keep watching it again and again cause it's just priceless. So, glad to be here and I hope I made it in time to still have a chat about this series. Sometimes I arrived at a discussion a bit late and no one talks about the topic anymore :sweat:
Last edited by Orion1986 on Dec 31st, '09, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Dec 29th, '09, 06:55

I totaly agree with you. Second season is useless. Isn't everything just the way it should be?

But didn't You're beautiful have 16 episodes not 20?

FArAZ0990

Post by FArAZ0990 » Dec 29th, '09, 09:10

Neliets wrote:I totaly agree with you. Second season is useless. Isn't everything just the way it should be?

But didn't You're beautiful have 16 episodes not 20?
The DVD is packed with 20 episodes IF I am correct.

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Dec 29th, '09, 10:09

@ maakopla - considering that PSH is otherwise really pretty, I think her transformation as a boy here is quite good. LOL I'm more interested in seeing Lee Da Hae try being a boy in Chuno. That will seriously be a challenge there. xD

And I agree, no season 2 please. I'd much rather see what the other 4 episodes are, although I am not willing to shell out $120 by any means!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 29th, '09, 16:25

Yeah, if it was a region I could view and by a trusted site (trusted to my knowledge and not what "they" say) like yesasia, I'd buy it. 120 isn't much for what you're getting. However, I'm not about to give my credit card number to a site I don't know to get a DVD set I can't watch with things I don't know for sure are confirmed. Too many things that are fishy about it to risk it.

I tell you, if they had a region 2 one and in a bigger more known site... man... I'd even pay 200 to get it.... Heck, 200 goes in the blink of an eye for a hairdye at a salon, why not spend it on something as awesome as this?

It's very annoying though... They made eeeevery other region and there will be a Region 1 for the U.S in the future as well. Only Region 2 was left out! Do they not have fans from Europe? I find that hard to believe... :glare:
Last edited by Orion1986 on Dec 31st, '09, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 29th, '09, 17:39

Region 1 has been left out as well. But Europe has strong support for YAB (part of the YAB thank you project:)). I read somewhere, that news for DVD DC is: 16 episodes, but still full of cut scenes and behind the scenes. Correct me if I'm wrong. :cry:
If anyone wants I can make a torrent with behind the scenes(over 1.3 Gb) and put it up. I don't want to spam here anyway, so...

:mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 29th, '09, 18:38

Yeah, the new scenes are in the episodes which makes them longer, thus giving us 20 episodes.

I'm praying and hoping someone who will buy this Director's Cut will upload everything somewhere. I do think this is one of those things worth buying, but downloading it is the only way if it's not available to us.

If they make a region 2 in the future, I'll buy it, of course, but till then... :cry:

Ethlenn, do you even need to ask? Lol.

Also, apparently they are planning a region 1 version for the U.S in the future that will, however, be different than this pre-order one.

So the U.S is in their plans as well. Only Europe is left out. :cry:
Last edited by Orion1986 on Dec 31st, '09, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.

klon22

Post by klon22 » Dec 29th, '09, 20:02

This is so funny program,

May be its so evident that she is a she, but i dont bother for that, make me LOL so much times.

So, i go for the last 6 eps

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 29th, '09, 23:12

OK, the moment I get my hands on my notebook back, you will get it!! (that is Jan. 2) :mrgreen:
Spread the love for YAB cast:)) kekeke

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 31st, '09, 01:28

to be honest, DVD regions are not much of problem these days because there are always multi-region dvd players (and they have become so cheap to buy). what i am wondering about is if they make region 1 or 2 YAB dvds (does it meany have to get another set? :crazy: because i am total YAB junky :P ), does it make YAB licenced in US and Europe and therefore all uploads of YAB eps on every site and maybe even Youtub and other streaming sites has to be removed?
I have already ordered my copy (that made me few extra hours just to have some HQ JGS/TK luxury :P ) from Innolife. not much worries with credit cards because the money will be refunded if anything went fishy. that's a whole advantage of using credit cards. 8)
and it will have 20eps because as it being said, all the extra and cut scenes will make those extra 4 eps. but i read that they are mostly Jeremy scenes and Shin Woo. pitty because i wanted more and more of TK x MN scenes. :-(

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 31st, '09, 03:32

It's still 16 episodes. Just longer. The DC DVD from Innolife will be different from the one for the US I read. There's more goodies in the Innolife site and the deadline for ordering is January 15. I think $120 is worth it. But there's unknown shipping fee and possibly import tax.

Read the post for more information on the DVD contents.

http://minamdvd.wordpress.com/

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 31st, '09, 03:40

If it was with paypal and in a region I could play (won't be buying a region free DVD player for only one DVD set), then it'd be ok. But to give my credit card to a foreign site I don't personally know and trust, no way.

I'll just beg people who buy it to upload the extras and episodes until a region 2 comes our way. Man, if only it was with paypal and region 2... :doh:
Last edited by Orion1986 on Dec 31st, '09, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 31st, '09, 03:48

I find region codes aren't really an issue. I only buy dvd players that support region hacks. They're pretty cheap too. $50. Iview 6000kr plays rmvb for the chinese viewers + supports usb + karaoke. Phillips DVD player has USB support and region hack. Plays any DVD/CD I put in it except doesn't support mpeg-4.

I wonder if they'll send a pig rabbit with the DVD ^^; they said random goodies...might be too much to ask for.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 31st, '09, 08:26

Better phone straps :mrgreen: as a goodie.
Yep, cuts scenes are mostly (but not only, the infamous broken elevator scene, kekeke) Jeremy and Shin Woo. Hell, who doesn't like Jeremy?
As you mentioned, the price doesn't include the shipping fee and tax. It's risky.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 31st, '09, 13:36

regarding region free dvd players, YES, I got my phillips one £50 two years ago and i think it has become £30-20 now. plus is not only plays all sort of dvds with all regions, it also plays my avi, divx, xvid (but not mkv and mpeg but i see some new ones that do but i have solved my problem by having media player :P ).

but is there any comfirmation about release of region 1 or 2 anywhere? because i haven't seen it anywhere.
i am still wondering about my shipping cast because when i paid for my mine, they did said anything about it and only charged me $120 even after adding my address. i guess they will e-mail me once the dead line is pased. but i read that dead line is Jan 5th and not 15th. i maybe wrong though. :-)

as for goodies, i think i was dreaming more than everyone else as i thought they might add some autogrphs :pale: :alcoholic: :P :whistling: but now that i think about it, including a piggyrabbit toy is too much, let alone some autographs :P

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 31st, '09, 16:10

I thought it included printed autographs? They just need to sign once and have it copied and printed. As for the North American region dvd, it won't be available at innolife. YA bought the copywrites for it and their DC DVD version will be different from the Korean one.

Regarding shipping. They will charge you later for shipping. So you will get a second charge from innolife. The DVD orders have been extended to Jan 15 according to minamdvd site.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 3rd, '10, 20:02

For those who can read Korean, update from Daum Cafe:
http://cafe.daum.net/minamdvd

For others:
Read original article here:
http://minamdvd.wordpress.com/2009/12/3 ... daum-cafe/
Cecilia's updates:)

Update on dvd – official notice from daum cafe
30 12 2009

Original notice in korean can be found here

(12.30.2009)

(1) Director’s cut dvd package – updated

[1] Total of 16 episodes with 100-110 minutes edited scenes included. These 16 episodes will be split in 8 discs with 2 episodes on them each.

[2] There will be a total of 2 discs of extra videos – this includes the commentary of the memorable scenes by the actors, unseen videos, NGs etc and will be a total of about 4-6 hours. The commentary part will be about one hour to one hour and 30 minutes.

So there will be a total of 10 discs.

[3] The package will include a photobook (60-70 pages) + “Million Angels” (ANJell’s fanclub name) membership card + poster as well as a random You’re beautiful related item (for example, a pig rabbit doll etc). There may also be other additions on the package.

On top of all this, because director Hong is very passionate about this drama, at the moment he is working on editing the music/sound for the WHOLE DRAMA in order to enhance the quality and to show us an even better version of the drama to the one which was broadcasted.

(2) Preorder period extension
The deadline for preorder has been pushed back til the 15th January 2010. For those who were struggling to meet the deadline, now’s your chance!]

So, as we see what will be included.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 3rd, '10, 21:13

Thanks for the post. I've been stalking that page. Lol.

If only they accepted paypal... I want this SO badly :doh:

We've been watching the series for the 5th or 6th time. I've been trying to find their house on Google Earth, but I don't know the location and Seoul is full of green, damn it. :lol

Man, what I wouldn't do for that house... Whoever has it better live loooooong and enjoy it cause that's the best house I've seen. I'd add a pool, but other than that... Mmmmmm. :wub:
Last edited by Orion1986 on Jan 4th, '10, 01:22, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 3rd, '10, 22:19

Check out the soompi forum. There are few pics of their house, but still, it's hard to find it. Good that you mentioned it, they lived in fabulous house, if I could depict my dream house - it would be this. For me, pool is not necessary :mrgreen:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 3rd, '10, 23:43

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW :cheers:
Thanks for the dvd update. SOOOOO many goodies making me even harder to wait. I am just super happy to read this. i hear that it's released in Feb, then it would be great b-day present to me by myself. :P
now i am praying for my goodies to be TK/JGS related. :roll

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 4th, '10, 01:23

I might just buy it... I know I'll regret it later on... I'm just soooo nervous about the credit card.. Plus, it's my mom's so I have to convince her. :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 4th, '10, 09:14

Still, not sure if they subtitle the cut scenes. Just came across this news.
But it's worth it, pity my credit card has been stolen and I have to wait for another, and I can't buy it. Sniff :-(

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 4th, '10, 10:59

I wish I had some Korean friends right about now. They'd buy it for me and send it :lol

It's so sad to love the entertainment they have in East Asia and not being able to fully enjoy it.

Still, it could be worse. We could not even see all these series, movies etc. Thank God for fansubbing... :cheers: All these people that upload these works and sub them. We trully owe em a looooot! :salut:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 4th, '10, 11:42

OK, as I promised, I've uploaded a bunch of behind the scenes and parodies. Have fun, people!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 4th, '10, 14:31

Already downloading. :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 4th, '10, 22:57

It's really worth watching, and for those who understand Japanese, small gift, in one interview, JGS sends a warm words in Japanese:)
They are hilarious, especially Jeong Yong Hwa, keke :lol

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 4th, '10, 22:59

Ethlenn wrote:It's really worth watching, and for those who understand Japanese, small gift, in one interview, JGS sends a warm words in Japanese:)
They are hilarious, especially Jeong Yong Hwa, keke :lol
Oh kool
thankz :cheers: :w00t:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 5th, '10, 16:36

OK, as always, keeping hand on the pulse (weell, maybe a little late):
2PM's parody of YAB during SBS Gayo (2009-12-29), I found subbed for those of you who don't quite understand Korean. It's hilarious!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwaWK8IrH2Y&feature=sub

This one:
2009 SBS Drama Awards: A.N.Jell Performance, Acceptance Speeches and Table Interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51bFk-4q99o
credits to: Park Shin Hye Subbing Team

And last but not least:
KBS Champagne (eh, GS, you...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlM8rzWLH8g
credits: our own personal ANJELL: Cecilia
Watch all parts, kekeke :mrgreen:

For those who are, like me, on withdrawal medicine:)

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 6th, '10, 12:56

For those who are, like me, on withdrawal medicine:)
if only these medicines work. i don't seem to be able to watch any other dramas because there is no JGS in them. :-( and i watched all of his dramas.