RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Neliets

Post by Neliets » Sep 11th, '09, 19:48

I`ll ask again.

Can anyone recommend me TEEN drama? Don`t recommend me Boys Over flowers, already tried it ;[

acromiom

Post by acromiom » Sep 14th, '09, 16:36

Mine oh mine so many pages and comment >>so many recomendation >>>> ^^ gosh i Love to read all of them but will take so much time >>yet i didnt read all i have to stop and say >>Attic cat really need to be reviewed>>> i mean it have a really ugly ending when u look at it >> what the heck ? why? thats unfair? not a single good moment at the last episode>>> really turn down bad as for one with very good start ......................... i am not sure but i think pure in heart is good too u know >>> i thinks thats a korean drama....watch few episode on KBS long long ago ....well back to read others comment

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Sep 15th, '09, 20:36

Just watched Coffee Prince. I tried to watch it 2 times, this(3rd) time it really got to me. Beginning wasn`t so interesting, tho, later it started to become interesting. Anyhow, ending was good but I`d like it better, if it would be longer(That part : After 2 years till end).

Beginning wasn`t so good but later I became addicted. Overall : Gorgeous drama! One of the best I`ve seen.

I`m starting to get fanatic about Yoon Eun Hye. I`ve seen Goong, Coffe Prince and at the moment I`m downloading Take care of the Young Lady and The Vineyard man. ;D

Detonator Orgun

Post by Detonator Orgun » Sep 18th, '09, 05:27

I have just recently started watching Korean dramas, my first show was Shining Inheritance. I loved that show, all the characters were awesome, except for the step-mother..

Are of the NEWER dramas worth the time?

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Sep 19th, '09, 00:57

Detonator Orgun wrote:I have just recently started watching Korean dramas, my first show was Shining Inheritance. I loved that show, all the characters were awesome, except for the step-mother..

Are of the NEWER dramas worth the time?
Try The Man Who Cant Get Married. I liked it

patty8

Post by patty8 » Sep 19th, '09, 12:26

Highly recommended dramas that I've watched recently are:

1. Cityhall- great plot, great casts, the two leads heat up the screen....really hot
2. Thank You- wonderful casts, great storyline, Jang Hyuk is such a brilliant actor, extremely touching drama, one of the best
3. Soulmates- young, sassy, best ost
4. Beethovan Virus- absolutely great drama

Dun waste time on:

1. Snow white - zzzzzzzz
2. Style- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

guy4yah

Post by guy4yah » Sep 25th, '09, 09:16

Here is my TOP Comedy/Romance:

1. That Fool :thumleft:
2. Take Care of the Young Lady (I just started watching this. I love it!)
3. Full House
4. Coffee Prince
5. Goong
6. Boys Over Flowers (#6 since i already saw Meteor Garden and Hana Yori Dango)

I really loved watching "That Fool". It's about time they did a show about a famous/rich girl falling for a ordinary guy and not other way around. As you can see on my lists it's always the guy whose rich! Great perfomance from the main actor and actress. Great cast and chemistry too! Plus all the casts have a unique role that makes it romantic and funny. It's not only one or two actors that are carrying the whole show like most dramas but the whole casts!!! Also love the songs. Never a dull moment. I never saw a show that can rival Full House on all that categories except Full House has more great songs. The show reminded me of the Japanese drama "Star no Koi" (Love Struck) but this one is better. And the main actor Hwang Jun Min first drama since he only do movies for almost 20 years. A great and veteran actor. Highly recommended! :w00t:
Last edited by guy4yah on Oct 2nd, '09, 11:11, edited 4 times in total.

Jayme8me

Post by Jayme8me » Sep 25th, '09, 11:02

I really loved Coffee Prince :wub:

Zeineb

Post by Zeineb » Sep 25th, '09, 11:18

Iris
Last edited by Zeineb on May 27th, '10, 01:25, edited 1 time in total.

mittens

Post by mittens » Sep 26th, '09, 00:06

You guys should watch "take care of the young lady/ my fair lady".. It's still airing though but it's really really good.. Yoon Eun Hye's dramas usually have promising plots....

apithea

Post by apithea » Sep 26th, '09, 06:23

Neliets wrote:I`ll ask again.

Can anyone recommend me TEEN drama? Don`t recommend me Boys Over flowers, already tried it ;[
How about My sassy girl chun hyang, I think it's a really good drama

apithea

Post by apithea » Sep 26th, '09, 06:31

Kdrama that I really like en highly recommended to watch

1. Full House
2. Sweet 18
3. Dalja's spring
4. All about eve
5. Love story in harvard
6. coffe prince
7. Sassy Girl Chun Hyang

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Oct 1st, '09, 01:00

Neliets wrote:TKO, for romantic comedy i`d recommend :
1.That fool
2.I am SAM (i don`t know if it`s really romentic comedy but something like that)
3. Dr. Kkaeng

I can`t really decide what`s romantic comedy and what`s just a romance. But if you watched coffee prince and liked it, then you should definetely watch these too :
1. Goong
2. My girl
3. Dal Jas Spring
Neliets: can you list out which Kdramas you've already seen so I can recommend new ones.

From reading some of your previous comments, it seems you haven't watched Delightful Girl Choon Hyang yet. It's a teen drama and the first episode is kind of slow but it's from same makers of My Girl and BOF (I don't know if that's a good thing)

not a teen drama, but has merits and hilarity is Last Scandal. Look it up and I'm sure you'll love this drama too.

Sweet 18 - Came before Full House and sort of started the Love Triangle sensation. Heck Lee Da Hae is in it as the "ex-gf"

Fantasy Couple -- a remake of an American movie, but you'll totally love to hate the main character for her meanness .... writers are the Hong Sisters who brought us all these wacky romantic comedies !!

Maybe the upcoming "You're Beautiful" will also be to your taste. It's a teen drama filled with bishies, girl crossdressing as a boy and idol groups. How much more unique can you get?

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Oct 1st, '09, 04:34

Delightful Girn Choon Hyan is now 70% dowloaded already. I`m downloadig Sweet 18 already too.

You`re beautiful is something like Coffee prince.
I`ll watch Last scandal, looks good.

Btw - Yesterday I was done watching Goong for a second time. Tbh, I loved it even knowing what will happen. I`m thinking of watching I am SAM and My girl again :D

Thanks.

guy4yah

Post by guy4yah » Oct 2nd, '09, 05:52

Zeineb wrote:SHINING INHERITANCE! No hesitations about this one, go for it guys!
I am watching Shining Inheritance and I'm on episode 23 already and 5 more to go. And I must say that the main plot is good (evil step-mom obssesed about money, dad died) but this drama is way too long! They're clever on putting the best scene on the last part of each episode that's why you will always get hooked to see what happens next but darn everytime you watch the next episode nothing significant happens. There are too many secrets and everyone doesn't want to reveal anything which is unrealistic. And as for the main actress i'm about to slap here already. She's getting on my nerves especially what happened on episodes 19 and 20. I don't know why she's still hiding all that secrets from the grandmother when in fact she can do anything anyway and can live by herself and doesn't need the help of anyone not like some other dramas like Stairway to Heaven where the main actress can't do anything because she still lives with her step-mom. Also, the plug-in scenes they put in between episodes is a drag to watch. It's like you always struggle to finish each scene. Even the comedy and romantic scenes are so lame. Acting is okay. I guess the director is trying so hard to make it a love triangle between the main characters but I don't see any romance or chemistry at all. I am not even rooting for the Hwan guy and I guess they will end up together at the end of the show which is a shame. What I only care about is for the main actress to see her dad and her brother again and thats it! Other than that, I don't really care about the step-mom and the step-sister if they get lock up, or the inheritance if the grandmother gave it all to charity. And as for her love life, It's not even interesting so why bother when she herself is not even thinking about it.

Right now, I just wanted the series to end. It started good but I guess they made it too long (28 episodes) and lost it's appeal. I think it will be much more better of a drama if they have cut it to 18 to 20 episodes. Anyway, there are more better kdramas which is similar to Shining Inheritance like Oh! Pil Seung and Bong Soon Young, Cinderella Man and My Girl. And if you guys like more heavy drama and about the evil step-mom plot you will like Stairway to Heaven. I recommend to watch those dramas that i mentioned first before devoting your time on this one.

To everyone who saw Shining Inheritance please let me know what you guys think about this drama? :mrgreen:
Last edited by guy4yah on Oct 2nd, '09, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.

guy4yah

Post by guy4yah » Oct 2nd, '09, 11:01

toadhjo wrote:Could somebody give me some recommendations?

I've watched a fair bit of J-drama, but I'm just starting to get into K-drama.

My favorite J-drama's are probably Proposal Daisakusen, Kekkon Dekinai Otoko, and Densha Otoko. Stuff that's lighthearted, with a good balance between romance and humor.

Thanks!
I totally love Proposal Daisakusen. For me it's the best Jdrama when it it comes to Humor and Romance. Second will be GTO because its so hilarious. Being a Jdrama addict if you like those dramas i think you would like these:

KDRAMA
That Fool :thumright: - Very Funny/Romantic
Take Care of the Young Lady :wub: - Very Romantic
Full House - Very Funny
Oh! Pil Seung and Bong Soon Young - Funny

JDRAMA
GTO :cheers: - Very Funny, Not Romantic
Star no Koi (Love Struck) - Funny/Romantic
Zettai Kareshi - Funny/Romantic
Dragon Sakura - Funny, Not Romantic

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Oct 10th, '09, 20:40

Just watched Delightful girl Choon-Hyang. Till the middle it was a mess. I really couldn`t follow what`s happening. But, fortunately, later on it got so good and the ending was great. They really tried to make us think that they`ll both die at he end. Good job. i really thought that they`ll die but it was so good when they survived.

Really great drama, try it!

Next in line - Take care of the young lady.

hoochkkk

Post by hoochkkk » Oct 29th, '09, 22:29

I thought Dr. Kkaeng was pretty good. I recommend it...

myjaehee

Post by myjaehee » Nov 14th, '09, 16:58

i dont know why people dont talk to much about ' lawyers of korea' drama.

give a try, u wont regret.
this drama have twist episode.. u never aspect the ending.

one of my favourite k-drama.

betteb

Post by betteb » Nov 25th, '09, 10:00

Can anyone recommend some good adult romantic dramas? No teen or college age dramas.
I'm thinking like Snow Queen, Winter Sonata, Stairway to Heaven type (these I have seen and enjoyed)... I also really loved Country Princess and Bright Girl's Success... are there any more like these?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 25th, '09, 10:26

My Lovely Kim Sam-soon. One of the best!

cute_angel

Post by cute_angel » Nov 27th, '09, 11:30

Shining Inheritance!!!!! :thumright:

Yukinon

Post by Yukinon » Nov 27th, '09, 11:40

You are beautiful
and in general, all the dramas by Hong sisters :lol

Can2906

Post by Can2906 » Nov 27th, '09, 12:11

I recommend you watch City Hall. It's one of the best dramas I've ever seen. Cha Sueng Won and Kim Sun Ah are great together. You should also watch Stained Glass.

betteb wrote:Can anyone recommend some good adult romantic dramas? No teen or college age dramas.
I'm thinking like Snow Queen, Winter Sonata, Stairway to Heaven type (these I have seen and enjoyed)... I also really loved Country Princess and Bright Girl's Success... are there any more like these?

dasha-hi

Post by dasha-hi » Nov 27th, '09, 20:57

Hi, I'm looking for a nice drama to watch.(Kdrama or Jdrama)
I liked:
*Beethoven Virus-Maestro Kang was really great, I like this type:cold, distant,arrogant,intelligent,powerful,... 8)
*you're beautiful-cool guys, funny and light.
*kimi wa petto-funny :lol .
*koishite akuma-romantic :wub:
*hana yori dango(J)-richness, :wub: romantic ,lovely , power, hatered mother-son.
*time between dog and wolf-i liked the idea, but too much implication from his girlfriend.
*bloody monday-I liked the biginning, but I didn't like that everybody began helping him and he became so powerless and even stupid, he was just manipulated.
*Mr.Brain-intelligent, interesting, not an ordinary guy.
Please give me your suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Nov 27th, '09, 21:05

I`d recommend Stand up! for you.

amktsy

Post by amktsy » Nov 29th, '09, 03:16

You're Beautiful and Brilliant Legacy/Shining Inheritance
Those 2 are best 2009 kdrama......
Will regret if miss
BL- you will love the changes of the lead male character
You're Beautiful-trademark of hong sister romance+comedy

Both are a bit melodrama...
but you're beautiful is you can cry+laugh till the end
BL-you cry cos you are touch by the changes of the lead male character

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Nov 30th, '09, 05:20

Amktsy, not only. Iris and Take Care of the young lady is definitely one of the best too.

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Dec 12th, '09, 02:58

Could somebody please recommend me a more recent Kdrama that is somehow similar to the 2006 drama Alone in Love? To be more specific, I'm looking for a thoughtful, introspective and witty drama with characters that actually think and act like ordinary people in real life? Even though I love dramatic and lovey dovey type of drama but lately I just kinda outgrow that phase of watching sugary sweet romantic comedy and am looking for something a little quieter, much more like a little slice-of-life drama... Or maybe I'm just asking for too much but Alone in Love is such a magical drama to me personally that after all these years I still can't find another one to top it... and it has been difficult to watch anything else because I just keep comparing it to Alone in Love and most of them just fall short of the expectation... Oh and since I'm here, I'd highly recommend of course Alone in Love!! It's not that new but it's one of the best I've had a chance to watch, if you're looking for something a little unusual from the rom coms and melodrama typical of Korean dramas. Thanks!!

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Dec 13th, '09, 01:10

@Mikomi

You may want to try

You are my destiny
The Worlds Within (Worlds within They Live)

I cant think of any more recent ones... when I do I will post them

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Dec 18th, '09, 03:36

Ok... I have watched quite a few kdrama's up until now and this is my own personal opinion on some of them.

GOONG - Perhaps because I watched BBF and Coffee Prince before watching GOONG it was just OK to me... lots of moments that reminded me of BBF so it just didn't appeal to me... every time I saw Shin Chae-kyung I thought about Geum Jandi *sigh*. Not much chemistry or love tension although the Special Episode did reveal that both leading actor/actress were newbies to the acting industry so this may be why perhaps... Although I watched it until the end, I fast forwarded through some of the scenes... I just couldn't get into it at all.

BBF - Loved the love hate tension. Cute and funny and very sweet romantic moments that make your heart melt and warm fuzzy. Just say Awwww! Never boring or dragging. The ending did seem incomplete though. Anyhow, I loved it...just loved it! Watched it twice or thrice already.

My Lovely Kim Sam Soon - I watched the some of the first episode but it was too hard for me to get into it... just seemed uninspiring and boring. I did manage to painfully watch most of the first episode but cant go any farther at the moment... just too uninspiring to me... stopped watching. *sigh*

A Love to Kill - Superb! Kissing scenes OUT OF THIS WORLD! Lots of passion and real life. Ending was magnificent.

Full House - Superb! Love hate tension. chemistry was awesome. love triangle. kissing scenes. Liked the ending.

My Girl - Lee Da Hae...need I say more! She outshined everyone in this whole drama series. IMHO. She had me laughing so hard so often it was almost unbearable! She is hilarious...but I cant say that for the other actors/actresses that seemed so dull in comparison. I have to say that I didnt get the impression that there was any love hate tension or believable chemistry. The leading male actor Lee Dong Wook isn't as hot as some of the hunks in other kdrama's. Kind of made the whole series revolve around Lee Da Hae... Because of this...I stopped at episode 10.. cant go any further at the moment... *sigh*

When Its At Night - Glad I didn't burn this one to DVD's... I watched one episode and can't go any further...just can't do it right now.... seems like same category as Kim Sam Soon...*sigh*

Coffee Prince - The best suited role for Yoon Eun Hye so far! She played this role exceptionally and can really pass as a boy... seriously! Love hate tension and some passionate scenes...Watched the whole series twice! Just wonderful except the ending...I was hoping that they could make her look way more feminine but I guess that wasn't part of the plot. It was still a very good drama and I will be watching it again and again.

Worlds WIthin - Cool drama. Nice. Was cut short though because of BBF I think. Watched it twice because there were episodes and scenes that I missed.

Kingdom of the Winds - Liked it alot. Watched the series on TV.

When Spring Comes - This drama was ok. Not too great but not too bad to watch. Just ok.

The Man Who Can't Get Married - I absolutely had to watch this one. It was very good. Not many romantic scenes but generally a nice drama to watch.

Soulmate - I liked it alot! Good storyline. I don't remember fast forwarding through it either..not that much at least.

You Are My Destiny - I enjoyed this drama very much! It was just too good.

Again this is just my OWN opinion so don't be bothered by my negative reviews on some.

delbobo

Post by delbobo » Dec 19th, '09, 05:54

Just started watching Korean Drama... I already watched you're beautiful and coffee prince... really like both of them... I really like comedy... Can anyone recommend a good comedy romantic drama??

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 19th, '09, 08:48

My Girl
My lovely Kim Sam-soon
Well, give a try to Goong

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Dec 20th, '09, 14:13

If you like those 2, then you should watch My girl and Goong(as Ethlenn already suggested). You could try some of these too -

Take care of the young lady
The Vineyard man
Dal jas spring(I hope I remember correctly)
I am SAM

p.s. - In Take care of the young lady and Vineyard man is starring the same person as in Coffe Prince - Yoon Eun Hye.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Dec 20th, '09, 23:17

@ delbobo - You can also try Full House and again as already stated before My Girl has lots of humor as a result of the leading female actress. Boys Before Flowers is romance comedy as well.

xohhbiteme

Post by xohhbiteme » Dec 22nd, '09, 08:14

May someone recommend me a drama with a great soundtrack such as Soulmate and/or Coffee Prince?

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Dec 22nd, '09, 08:53

I don`t know what you mean by great soundtrack. I liked My girl's soundtracks very much.

eluanna

Post by eluanna » Dec 22nd, '09, 09:01

why don't you try You're Beautiful, the storyline is humorous with romance, the actor is cool and hot!!! and the soundtrack is the best!.. the songs fit the scenes very well and i had fallen into it... all the soundtracks are superb! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Dec 22nd, '09, 10:02

xohhbiteme wrote:May someone recommend me a drama with a great soundtrack such as Soulmate and/or Coffee Prince?
Soulmate and Coffee Prince are the 2 dramas with the most inspired soundtracks, so it will be hard to find anything comparable. I do not agree with the previous recommendation of You're Beautiful as a drama with a great soundtrack -- YAB has the same problem as BOF in the soundtrack field in that it has a few good tracks that unfortunately are repeated over and over again...

From what I remember, Que Sera Sera's was quite good as well.

eluanna

Post by eluanna » Dec 22nd, '09, 10:33

emm, maybe, but for me, as long as the song are nice and fit the scenes, i don't mind listening to it again and again and again.. i like both soundtrack from bof, YAB, and my girl... and so far, they have been my fav drama with great ost.. :-) :-)

babyxdorkii

Post by babyxdorkii » Dec 23rd, '09, 02:55

anyone have any good recommendations? i'm on winter break now and running out of things to watch

currently watching:

Smile, You
Creating Destiny
Will it Snow for Christmas

would be nice if someone could recommend a drama that is already done airing so i wont' have to wait a week all the time hehe

some dramas that i would like: Full House, My Girl, Sassy Girl Chun Hyang, Save the Last Dance for me, Snow White/taste sweet love, you're beautiful

anyone have any dramsa recommedations similar to thsese? i watch alot of dramas, just can't list them all so even though the ones u might recommend i might have watch already, so i'm looking for something in the year 2007 till 2009 would be great :D

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Dec 23rd, '09, 21:10

babyxdorkii, try Take care of the young lady, it`s pretty new. It was airing this autumn. From 2007 I would recommend another Yoon Eun Hye drama - The Vineyard man.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Dec 24th, '09, 00:50

xohhbiteme wrote:May someone recommend me a drama with a great soundtrack such as Soulmate and/or Coffee Prince?
@xohhbiteme -Don't know if you have seen it already but Boys Before Flowers has a nice soundtrack. I too like Coffee Prince's.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Dec 24th, '09, 00:54

babyxdorkii wrote:anyone have any good recommendations? i'm on winter break now and running out of things to watch

currently watching:

Smile, You
Creating Destiny

would be nice if someone could recommend a drama that is already done airing so i wont' have to wait a week all the time hehe

some dramas that i would like: Full House, My Girl, Sassy Girl Chun Hyang, Save the Last Dance for me, Snow White/taste sweet love, you're beautiful

anyone have any dramsa recommedations similar to thsese? i watch alot of dramas, just can't list them all so even though the ones u might recommend i might have watch already, so i'm looking for something in the year 2007 till 2009 would be great :D
@babyxdorkii - You may want to look at the previous 2 pages and read some of the long reviews others wrote about alot of different dramas. That is usually how I find what to watch. Of course, each person has their own opinion. I found some dramas very good that others hated. :glare: Just FYI

asprikitik

Post by asprikitik » Dec 24th, '09, 21:12

babyxdorkii wrote:anyone have any good recommendations? i'm on winter break now and running out of things to watch

currently watching:

Smile, You
Creating Destiny

If you haven't seen Soulmate and Shining Inheritance, I think you'll enjoy them.

xohhbiteme

Post by xohhbiteme » Dec 28th, '09, 10:14

Neliets wrote:I don`t know what you mean by great soundtrack. I liked My girl's soundtracks very much.
Sorry, I should have been clearer. What I meant to ask was if anyone knew a drama with a soundtrack similar to Coffee Prince's and Soulmate's. Meaning similar musical tastes/genres of the songs in the soundtracks. D: Thank you for the recommendation. =)
Néa Vanille wrote:
Soulmate and Coffee Prince are the 2 dramas with the most inspired soundtracks, so it will be hard to find anything comparable. I do not agree with the previous recommendation of You're Beautiful as a drama with a great soundtrack -- YAB has the same problem as BOF in the soundtrack field in that it has a few good tracks that unfortunately are repeated over and over again...

From what I remember, Que Sera Sera's was quite good as well.
Yes!! Thank you. :D I'll check the soundtrack out. :D And the drama, as well haha.

- However, thanks for the recommendations eluanna and iluvasiandrama.

:)

klon22

Post by klon22 » Dec 28th, '09, 18:44

Hi guys,

I just watched Beethoven Virus so im looking for another musical drama, i liked Nodame too, so please recommend another musical drama to watch.

tnx

babyxdorkii

Post by babyxdorkii » Dec 29th, '09, 01:56

asprikitik wrote:

currently watching:

Smile, You
Creating Destiny

If you haven't seen Soulmate and Shining Inheritance, I think you'll enjoy them.
oh thanks i guess i might try Soulmate then, i did watch shining inheritance it was good until they extended the episodes and drag it out -_-"

asprikitik

Post by asprikitik » Dec 29th, '09, 04:39

babyxdorkii wrote:
asprikitik wrote:

currently watching:

Smile, You
Creating Destiny

oh thanks i guess i might try Soulmate then, i did watch shining inheritance it was good until they extended the episodes and drag it out -_-"
Well I haven't seen Shining Inheritance and I heard it was good, I guess not that good -.-? But I assure you Soulmate won't be draggy. It's 22 episodes but they're only 30 minutes long, I don't think you'll have a problem with it dragging :D

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Dec 29th, '09, 06:50

babyxdorkii wrote:
asprikitik wrote:

currently watching:

Smile, You
Creating Destiny

I`m at 27th episode of Shining inheritance. I`d say drama is one of the best out there but it truly is stretched a bit too much.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 29th, '09, 17:33

Néa Vanille wrote:
YAB has the same problem as BOF in the soundtrack field in that it has a few good tracks that unfortunately are repeated over and over again...
Sorry to cut your post. I don't think comparing these two dramas and their OSTs is fair, BOF is simply mediocre. And I don't mind repeating the songs in different versions, each of the singers (JGS, PSH 9th Street, and so on) did one's own interpretation. It's really good. Apart from some other songs, these are actually the best songs on the OST.
But true, Coffee Prince has the best OST. Wins hands down! :mrgreen:

Chaerin

Post by Chaerin » Dec 31st, '09, 08:04

klon22 wrote:Hi guys,

I just watched Beethoven Virus so im looking for another musical drama, i liked Nodame too, so please recommend another musical drama to watch.

tnx
Have you watched You're Beautiful? I highly recommend that. Not only is it a great drama and the actors are gorgeous, but the music is also very good. I have most of it on my play-list and I even learned how to play one on the piano because I loved it so much :P

khales

shining inheritance or beethoven virus

Post by khales » Dec 31st, '09, 10:04

help me!
what should i watch first?

shining inheritance or beethoven virus??
are the dramas happy ending?

help me!!

Shindou-Kun
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Shindou-Kun » Dec 31st, '09, 11:10

Watch Shining Inheritance with Lee Seung Gi first. It has a happy ending :-D

And while watching that, you should join sompi forum
and start downloading episodes of 1 night 2 days Happy Sunday variety show also starring Seung Gi. And when you have downloaded the 120 + episodes there available go and download his new variety show "Strong Heart" where he MC's with Hong Dong available at http://www.youtube.com/user/strongheart ... WzYGlEbDko

http://www.youtube.com/user/iheartmusik2#g

http://www.youtube.com/user/strongheart ... WzYGlEbDko

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 31st, '09, 13:52

if you like music and specially Classical Music, then watch Beethoven Virus. i have not seen SI myself but if it's theme is not music based then i think they are two different dramas
i just finished watching BV two days ago and i am totally in LOVE with it. not sure if it does have a clear happy ending but i am satisfied by how things ended in there. i thought nothing can top Nodame Cantabile drama in having classical music theme, but i guess i was SOOOO wrong. now i think nothing can top BV :lol

pwpmd

Post by pwpmd » Dec 31st, '09, 14:51

You should try "Liar game", it's a Japanese psycological drama, very creatively made. Don't miss it!!!

pwpmd

Post by pwpmd » Dec 31st, '09, 15:05

betteb wrote:Can anyone recommend some good adult romantic dramas? No teen or college age dramas.
You shouldn't miss "I'm sorry, I love you". It's the most romantic drama I've ever seen.

khales

thanx!!!

Post by khales » Dec 31st, '09, 18:03

thanx!!! 4 da reply!
appreciate dat!!

:thumright: :D :lol :cheers:

klon22

Post by klon22 » Dec 31st, '09, 19:00

Chaerin wrote:
Have you watched You're Beautiful? I highly recommend that. Not only is it a great drama and the actors are gorgeous, but the music is also very good. I have most of it on my play-list and I even learned how to play one on the piano because I loved it so much :P
Hi Chaerin

Yes i did!, watched a few days ago. I like too very funny i deed, but ep 10 to 13 its a little slow.

Rigth Now im watching a documental serie named "HOME 2009" (Highly recommend for anybody, its about ecological matters)

Tnx ;)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 31st, '09, 19:16

Beethoven Virus is a little bit depressing and grave in some points. And the ending fits the whole concept. I really don't know why some people are so strongly opposed to this drama. I liked it, it was one of really "found on my own" dramas, not something imposed (like BOF, IRIS) by advertising. That is why I'm so connected. :mrgreen:
Not to mention music from it:))
Well, and JGS, keke

elley

Re: shining inheritance or beethoven virus

Post by elley » Jan 2nd, '10, 14:26

khales wrote:help me!

help me!!
Watch first the Shining Inheritance much better than Bethoven Virus. :roll

elley

Re: shining inheritance or beethoven virus

Post by elley » Jan 2nd, '10, 14:27

khales wrote:help me!

help me!!
Watch first the Shining Inheritance much better than Bethoven Virus. :roll

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 2nd, '10, 17:55

No no no, I cannot agree with you. :mrgreen:
BV is by far better!

Macabeak

Post by Macabeak » Jan 4th, '10, 05:51

Hey guys, another post asking for recommendations, haha! I just finished Goong/Princess Hours and am craving even MORE K-dramas ;D

Favorite dramas in general:
-Coffee Prince (<33333)
-Miss No Good
-ISWAK
-Shining Inheritance

I'm looking for romantic comedy that doesn't drag too much... Any ideas, please? ;3

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 4th, '10, 09:12

You're Beautiful
My Girl
Full House
:mrgreen:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 4th, '10, 13:34

I think both are pretty slow and somewhat boring. My sister watched shining inheritance and I saw it on and off. Not that interested to stay and watch it all. BV I watched for JGS. They could have cut down on the episodes...it's too long and not all that interesting. Overall I would recommend BV if you like classical music. The highlights of the drama was their performance on stage.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 4th, '10, 23:01

Yes, BV is slow, but still, I think this pace is its main good point. There is no rush, no forced situations, we can just focus on the characters.
Sorry, but it is one of my favorites, that is why I'm defending it everywhere :mrgreen:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 5th, '10, 21:48

Macabeak, watch My girl and I am SAM. Both are great dramas. Then you could try That fool.

onishirou

Post by onishirou » Jan 9th, '10, 10:41

Greetings everyone, I am new here. I asked this on the Jdrama thread, and I'd also like to ask here. What are some good tearjerker kdramas? I've only watched Jdramas but would like to try Kdramas out too. Thanks for any recommendations! :D

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 9th, '10, 12:25

try one of these:
Save the last dance
I really really like you (this isnt that much of a tearjerker)
maybe My Girl too.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 9th, '10, 12:26

EDIT: sorry, lol, pushed twice by accident.

sousou56

Post by sousou56 » Jan 9th, '10, 13:28

onishirou wrote:Greetings everyone, I am new here. I asked this on the Jdrama thread, and I'd also like to ask here. What are some good tearjerker kdramas? I've only watched Jdramas but would like to try Kdramas out too. Thanks for any recommendations! :D
A love to kill
I'm sorry I love you
Heaven's tree
Stairway to Heaven

These drama are really sad, you can try it.

Stranger

Good Acting Drama?!?!?1

Post by Stranger » Jan 11th, '10, 04:00

any good acting dramas recommend in 2009, and 2010?

so far this year I've seem:

swallow the sun
IRIS

Thanks!!

Neliets

Re: Good Acting Drama?!?!?1

Post by Neliets » Jan 14th, '10, 15:38

Stranger wrote:any good acting dramas recommend in 2009, and 2010?

so far this year I've seem:

swallow the sun
IRIS

Thanks!!
Acting was great in You're beautiful and Take Care of the Young Lady.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 14th, '10, 18:31

2010: CHUNO!!
And also I'm looking forward to Road nr. 1 (on air in Summer).