Chinese Paladin 3 (2009)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
backdrop001

Chinese Paladin 3 (2009)

Post by backdrop001 » Aug 19th, '08, 10:51

i saw on the drama wiki thing a listing for chinese paladin 3, was there a 2?

also didn't see the girl who played ling'er in the cast, was hoping she would somehow come back hated that she had died in it.

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Aug 19th, '08, 19:36

Chinese Paladin is based off of a series of chinese pc rpg games. There were many. many of them (at the very least 4). So they might just be making a show from the third game and skipping the second one.

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Aug 19th, '08, 21:23

god i hope they find someone better than Han Xue. She pretty and all, but doesn't have that appeal. Lets bring back Ady...so fine

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Aug 20th, '08, 22:38

What gets me is Hu Ge is listed as playing a different character for CP3. :blink He was Li Xiao Yao in Chinese Paladin, but is listed as Jing Tian for CP3. Are is that the same character? Forgive me, I haven't watched the show in over a year.

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Aug 20th, '08, 23:01

Erm, each of the video game is the story of a different generation. So the characters in CP2 are the kids of the characters in CP1, etc. At least, this is usually true for Chinese game series. So, maybe Hu Ge is playing the grandson of his character in CP1?

CcCcC

Post by CcCcC » Aug 21st, '08, 12:35

Except CP2 is a sequal of CP1, other games in the CP series are not that relevant to CP1.
Therefore, JingTian is definitely not Li Xiao Yao, but later on in the game you'll discover that JingTian is the in fact the master of Li Xiao Yao's father.
Yes, the setting of CP3 is 50 years before CP1 =)

Hu Ge is going to have different actors/actress to work with, but with the same production team of CP1.

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Aug 21st, '08, 19:55

CcCcC wrote:Except CP2 is a sequal of CP1, other games in the CP series are not that relevant to CP1.
Therefore, JingTian is definitely not Li Xiao Yao, but later on in the game you'll discover that JingTian is the in fact the master of Li Xiao Yao's father.

Hu Ge is going to have different actors/actress to work with, but with the same production team of CP1.

Oh. Thank you for explaining. :-)

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Jun 26th, '09, 04:57

Lets bump this thread, since it's already out. What do you guys think of the theme songs? I seriously thought they should have brought back JS to do another opening. Chinese Paladin 1 was the reason I discovered d-addicts and I thought every song on that soundtrack was very well done. The opening theme to that was what got me hooked on to watching the series, as many people have yet to take notice of Liu Yi Fei at that time. But after watching the opening theme to Chinese Paladin 3, I'm already somewhat disappointed, it doesn't have the flare or emotion like the theme to part 1 has.

I guess for me, the thing that leaves the most impression is the opening and ending theme, especially in wuxia series because it enhances the emotional feeling towards the characters as you go through each episode and then reflect back on it through the themes. An example would be in Chinese Paladin 1 ending theme, although they show alot of spoilers, they show the critical moments of the series, like when Hu Ge digs up the bell bracelet that Ady always wear. I'll always remember that about that series.

mimosa83

Post by mimosa83 » Jun 29th, '09, 08:51

I do agree the part about op and ed theme leaving a deep impression.

IMO, the op theme is ok - more of a "gear up, ready to fight!" song, though the lyrics are really strange. They seem to be based on the drama though.

Personally, I like the ed theme more. It's more suitable to be the romantic theme of the drama. :)

xploring

Post by xploring » Jul 4th, '09, 11:26

Hu Ge and Yang Mi look great together in this, natural and fun to watch. It reminded me how much I like Yang Mi. She was great at the end of Return of Condor Heroes too.

Um, could someone tell me in which episode their characters confess their love for each other? I read a transcript of it and it sounded really sweet, but can't bring myself to watch all those episodes in between. The first 5 episodes were light and fun to watch, but the supernatural part of the plot was not interesting to me, probably because I haven't played the game.

Came across this interview of Yang Mi, she sounds really level-headed and mature.
http://ent.163.com/09/0619/01/5C4R08NR00032KMI.html

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Jul 5th, '09, 11:52

xploring wrote:Hu Ge and Yang Mi look great together in this, natural and fun to watch. It reminded me how much I like Yang Mi. She was great at the end of Return of Condor Heroes too.

Um, could someone tell me in which episode their characters confess their love for each other? I read a transcript of it and it sounded really sweet, but can't bring myself to watch all those episodes in between. The first 5 episodes were light and fun to watch, but the supernatural part of the plot was not interesting to me, probably because I haven't played the game.

Came across this interview of Yang Mi, she sounds really level-headed and mature.
http://ent.163.com/09/0619/01/5C4R08NR00032KMI.html
I don't know if you want to skip all the middle part, not because I want you to watch it but because there's a lot going on in between, but the confessing face to face happens:

spoiler:
in Eps 22 towards the end. They confess sooner than that to other people but not to each other yet, and really the face to face confession wasn't that impressive at all, and you really have to build up to it (hence, a lot going on in between). And even then its not all that great of a confession in my opinion, and its maybe because I watch too much wuxia. The confession Hu Ge gave to Ariel Lin in Legend of the Condor Hero was one to remember.

yukino2002

Post by yukino2002 » Jul 20th, '09, 17:32

CcCcC wrote:Except CP2 is a sequal of CP1, other games in the CP series are not that relevant to CP1.

I'm a little confused about the timeline now after having watched the drama.
Towards the end Li Xiao Yao is revealed to be the thief that stole Jing Tian's jade piece. He gave advice to Jing Tian and his manner of speaking made it sound like Li Xiao Yao's story would come before Jing Tian.

Fieryshadow

Post by Fieryshadow » Jul 28th, '09, 02:31

Are there English subtitles for this series yet? =o

mayxi

Post by mayxi » Aug 1st, '09, 00:05

yeah its alread sub at viikii
here's the link to ep 1 1/4

http://www.viikii.net/videos/watch/2774 ... ts.cjb.net

bananaloverz

Don't watch if you don't like sad endings!

Post by bananaloverz » Jan 7th, '10, 06:05

Arrrrrrrrrrgghh!! I just finished the whole series! It is so disappointing!!
What the f***? :cussing: All DIE!! :x Okay, maybe not all, but... Mao2, Pi Ping, his sister, and HE HIMSELF will die soon! :goggle: Haizzz.... :cry:
The only happy one is Hua Ying with its new leaves :blink (how can potato.....)

Btw, I think this drama also has a lot of questionable points. Like Hua Ying, it said that she came from the nature and she loves peace, but how come sometimes she can encourage fight bet chai ya and pig? Now I can only think about one, but I think there are more... Urrghhh..

Also, :cry: the relationship between Liu Feng and Sa Yo (I forgot her name) was not really clear. He did not seems to love her at all. Pity her.. :cry: And Liu Feng just die like that, leaving her alone.. haiz.. what an entertaining story!
Don't watch if you don't like sad endings..

bananaloverz

Post by bananaloverz » Jan 7th, '10, 06:07

yukino2002 wrote:

I'm a little confused about the timeline now after having watched the drama.
Towards the end Li Xiao Yao is revealed to be the thief that stole Jing Tian's jade piece. He gave advice to Jing Tian and his manner of speaking made it sound like Li Xiao Yao's story would come before Jing Tian.
I forgot what is the story from CP1, but I think Li Xiao Yao has some power that allows him to go back through time.

Engelchen18
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Engelchen18 » Sep 25th, '10, 14:55

Seems Chinese Paladin and Paladin 3 have sad endings ._. I watched Chinese Paladin till end and Chinese paladin 3 I'm on episode 17 now.
Hu Ge is such a nice actor. he is funny and act nice :3

Engelchen18
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Engelchen18 » Sep 27th, '10, 20:32

Saw chinese Paladin 3 now till end Q_Q Q_Q so sad soo sad why why q.q nice serie worth watching but both are so saaaaaad Q_Q can't stop to cry

forevergirl

Post by forevergirl » Oct 7th, '10, 04:19

I saw these few weeks ago. its definitely worth watching indeed!
much better than the first one... first ep cent get over and continue watching! they are cute couple... hope to see more this kind of drama -comedy with martial arts story....thumbs up!