Torrent indexing help

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
kuro570

Torrent indexing help

Post by kuro570 » Feb 23rd, '10, 20:37

I made a torrent and uploaded it over at "http://www.nyaatorrents.org/"
but when I try to get over here using the torrent file it comes up " Upload failed. Reason: Error in storing torrent to forum". I know that shouldn't so I tried to use the hash or the "Optional link for index sites"
and this pops up

"Upload failed. Reason: Unable to decode torrent from inputstream."

Any help me know what im doing wrong would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

lesleysan

Post by lesleysan » Feb 23rd, '10, 20:50

I did the same (made torrent at "http://www.nyaatorrents.org/") and i get this error -

Upload failed. Reason: Error in queuing torrent to forum

not sure what to do .

pleese help !!

thanks

lesley

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Feb 23rd, '10, 20:54

use http://openbittorrent.com/ :) very simple.

make the torrent using openbittorrent tracker and upload it straight away to d-addicts

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Feb 23rd, '10, 20:54

Thanks I'll try it now

lesleysan

Post by lesleysan » Feb 23rd, '10, 20:58

many thanks willl try too

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Feb 23rd, '10, 21:13

I must be doing something wrong cause I'm still getting the same thing ; ;

lesleysan

Post by lesleysan » Feb 23rd, '10, 21:16

Me too, i added the http://openbittorrent.com/ trackers but still get the same when i try to upload to d-addicts....

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Feb 23rd, '10, 21:27

Nvm I found out after looking at other torrents you have to rename the file after creating it to the hash and it'll upload. Thanks again for all the help again Furransu ^.^

lesleysan

Post by lesleysan » Feb 23rd, '10, 22:11

Sorry i'm a bit confused. i put the hash in the torrent file and avi file on my pc before uping still does not work.
can i ask which file did you rename the torrent file with the hash on you're pc ??

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Feb 23rd, '10, 22:18

When I made the .torrent the original file name was

"[TV] いきなり!黄金伝説。 20090806 「高速道路の超人気グルメベスト50(東名編)」 [46m09s 704x400 DivX5+MP3].AVI"

So I went into torrent and and copied the hash of the torrent and change the original name to the hash

"508A7DFAB4166211DB251BDF4D7BF18293834297"

lesleysan

Post by lesleysan » Feb 23rd, '10, 22:41

thanks so much for your help .

i tryed that but somthing else must be wrong still can't get it to upload.

thanks again..

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Feb 24th, '10, 02:49

kuro570 wrote:When I made the .torrent the original file name was

"[TV] いきなり!黄金伝説。 20090806 「高速道路の超人気グルメベスト50(東名編)」 [46m09s 704x400 DivX5+MP3].AVI"

So I went into torrent and and copied the hash of the torrent and change the original name to the hash

"508A7DFAB4166211DB251BDF4D7BF18293834297"
maybe the new torrent page doesnt support japanese characters? not sure..

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Feb 24th, '10, 05:37

You're probably right, I actually would've never thought that though since everywhere I uploaded things before including here before never had problems with kanji/kana characters, I should probably test that out.

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Feb 24th, '10, 08:45

Actually, we discourage people from using foreign(non-ASCII) characters in the filename even when D-Addict had its own tracker. I don't know for a fact, but since the upload page now really take your .torrent file and re-upload them to the 3 torrent cache sites. Once the re-uploads finish, it use the hash as the .torrent filename. I think the re-upload script is being confuse by the foreign characters.

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Feb 24th, '10, 20:23

Thanks for the clarification on that, now I know what I've been doing wrong ^.^

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Feb 25th, '10, 17:35

To avoid any problems, please rename your torrent files before uploading them here.
It's the best if the name of torrent file contains only the following letters:

Code: Select all

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
0123456789-._()[]
Furthermore, I recommend to use the same naming scheme also for the files and folders when you create your torrents. Always keep in mind that there may exist users who have trouble with unicode encoded filenames. Keep it simple for everybody.

lesleysan

Post by lesleysan » Feb 25th, '10, 17:52

does this apply to me too!!
have been trying to upload but still get(Error in queuing torrent to forum).i don't use unicode and my file names are in english,

who should i tak to for help on this ??

(made torrent at "http://www.nyaatorrents.org/") and i get this error

not sure what to do .

pleese help !!

thanks

lesley

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Feb 26th, '10, 05:49

Maybe it's related to the problem mk320 posted about in the "Change to Upload" thread: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... tm#1266219. In that case the torrent file name was a hash value (alphanumeric, not unicode) but the file name of the content was unicode (Japanese I believe). He received the same "Error in queuing torrent to forum" error message.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Feb 26th, '10, 06:36

lesleysan wrote:does this apply to me too!!
have been trying to upload but still get(Error in queuing torrent to forum).i don't use unicode and my file names are in english,

not sure what to do .

pleese help !!

thanks

lesley
Email me the torrent and I'll have a look at it.

edit: actually I think I know what the problem is.

There are actually 2 seperate problems.

If the uploader doesn't provide a value for the Name input then the system uses the filename as the forum's topic name. However, the filename is not the torrent filename but the filename of the content.

Currently it doesn't handle all character set.

For example:

the torrent file maybe named

Ryouma Den - Ep.07 [Hirosue Ryouko][1920x1080p H.264 AAC].mkv.torrent
however the content of the torrent is actually:

龍馬伝 - 第07話「福山雅治、広末涼子」[1920x1080p H.264 AAC].mkv
unfortunately the upload program currently cannot handle that character set so it reads it as

????????? - ???07????????????????????????????????????[1920x1080p H.264 AAC].mkv
That will be used as the forum topic title which is no good to us.

The next problem is...its too long. There is a character limit to the topic title and some of these filenames are exceeding it (60 characters max)

A quick work around to this problem is provide a value in the Name input field when uploading and make sure its under 60 characters.

When I get time I will make changes to the upload code so that it presents a more helpful error message when this occurs.

mikaljan

Post by mikaljan » Feb 26th, '10, 09:37

Ruroshin wrote:
lesleysan wrote:does this apply to me too!!

not sure what to do .

pleese help !!

thanks

lesley
Email me the torrent and I'll have a look at it.

edit: actually I think I know what the problem is.

There are actually 2 seperate problems.

If the uploader doesn't provide a value for the Name input then the system uses the filename as the forum's topic name. However, the filename is not the torrent filename but the filename of the content.

Currently it doesn't handle all character set.

For example:

the torrent file maybe named

Ryouma Den - Ep.07 [Hirosue Ryouko][1920x1080p H.264 AAC].mkv.torrent
however the content of the torrent is actually:

龍馬伝 - 第07話「福山雅治、広末涼子」[1920x1080p H.264 AAC].mkv
unfortunately the upload program currently cannot handle that character set so it reads it as

????????? - ???07????????????????????????????????????[1920x1080p H.264 AAC].mkv
That will be used as the forum topic title which is no good to us.

The next problem is...its too long. There is a character limit to the topic title and some of these filenames are exceeding it (60 characters max)

A quick work around to this problem is provide a value in the Name input field when uploading and make sure its under 60 characters.

When I get time I will make changes to the upload code so that it presents a more helpful error message when this occurs.

There are many of us that would like to keep the filename in Japanese, and I've been releasing tons of dramas with English named torrent file containing Japanese filenames, and I think it's important that d-addict could accommodate this. The forum topic should be the torrent file name itself (which would be in English characters anyways) instead of the content of the torrent file (which could contain non-English named files). Many of us (media, drama providers, and groups) not only release the same dramas torrent file on d-addict but also other forums too, (given some of them are purely Japanese based forums) the filename are kept in it's original language when we release them. So please fix this problem so we could continue providing high quality HD contents to users.

BTW, I'm getting this message when I upload "Upload failed. Reason: Error in storing torrent to forum"

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Feb 26th, '10, 09:55

mikaljan wrote: There are many of us that would like to keep the filename in Japanese, and I've been releasing tons of dramas with English named torrent file containing Japanese filenames, and I think it's important that d-addict could accommodate this. The forum topic should be the torrent file name itself (which would be in English characters anyways) instead of the content of the torrent file (which could contain non-English named files). Many of us (media, drama providers, and groups) not only release the same dramas torrent file on d-addict but also other forums too, (given some of them are purely Japanese based forums) the filename are kept in it's original language when we release them. So please fix this problem so we could continue providing high quality HD contents to users.

BTW, I'm getting this message when I upload "Upload failed. Reason: Error in storing torrent to forum"
Like I said, the short term around this is provide a value in the Name input field on the upload form, this will be used as the topic name instead.

I will make the changes to use torrent filename soon.

mikaljan

Post by mikaljan » Feb 26th, '10, 10:02

Ruroshin wrote:
mikaljan wrote: There are many of us that would like to keep the filename in Japanese, and I've been releasing tons of dramas with English named torrent file containing Japanese filenames, and I think it's important that d-addict could accommodate this. The forum topic should be the torrent file name itself (which would be in English characters anyways) instead of the content of the torrent file (which could contain non-English named files). Many of us (media, drama providers, and groups) not only release the same dramas torrent file on d-addict but also other forums too, (given some of them are purely Japanese based forums) the filename are kept in it's original language when we release them. So please fix this problem so we could continue providing high quality HD contents to users.

Like I said, the short term around this is provide a value in the Name input field on the upload form, this will be used as the topic name instead.

I will make the changes to use torrent filename soon.

OK, episode 8 of Ryouma Den uploaded successfully, but episode 7 was already in the system, and I couldn't re-upload, could you remove it from the system so I could retry?

"Ryouma Den - Ep.07 [Hirosue Ryouko][1920x1080p H.264 AAC].mkv.torrent"

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Feb 26th, '10, 10:04

mikaljan wrote:
OK, episode 8 of Ryouma Den uploaded successfully, but episode 7 was already in the system, and I couldn't re-upload, could you remove it from the system so I could retry?

"Ryouma Den - Ep.07 [Hirosue Ryouko][1920x1080p H.264 AAC].mkv.torrent"
07 deleted.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Feb 26th, '10, 10:08

Ok the torrent filename will now be used as the forum topic name from now on and will be truncated to 60 characters if its longer than that.

mikaljan

Post by mikaljan » Feb 26th, '10, 10:11

Cool, works now!

mk320

Post by mk320 » Feb 26th, '10, 12:13

I uploaded the file name change.
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_82891.htm
What should I do?

peacht
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by peacht » Feb 26th, '10, 13:10

mk320 wrote:I uploaded the file name change.
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_82891.htm
What should I do?
First, if you would like to upload a torrent then you need to add a description in the torrent thread. You can find advice *here* and *here*

When uploading a series, please release episodes of a given version in sequential order. This particular version has eps 1-3 so you would need to post episode 4,5,6 and 7 before posting episode 8.

Tai

Post by Tai » Mar 4th, '10, 02:25

WHY IS SO DIFFICULT TO POST A SIMPLE TORRENT. I HAVE TRIED ALL DAY TO POST JEJUNGWON 15 AND 16 FOR OTHERS TO ENJOY AND ALL I GET IS

Upload Torrent
Username
Password
Torrent File

THERE IS NO ASIAN CHARACTER AND I KEPT IT ALL STRAIGHT AND SIMPLE. AT SOME POINT ONE HAS TO STOP IF THE SAME RESULT IS FORTH COMING. CAN YOU ALL LEND AN IDEA TOWARD A POSITIVE OUTCOME.

TAI

lesleysan

Post by lesleysan » Mar 4th, '10, 07:14

Tai wrote:WHY IS SO DIFFICULT TO POST A SIMPLE TORRENT. I HAVE TRIED ALL DAY TO POST JEJUNGWON 15 AND 16 FOR OTHERS TO ENJOY AND ALL I GET IS

Upload Torrent
Username
Password
Torrent File

THERE IS NO ASIAN CHARACTER AND I KEPT IT ALL STRAIGHT AND SIMPLE. AT SOME POINT ONE HAS TO STOP IF THE SAME RESULT IS FORTH COMING. CAN YOU ALL LEND AN IDEA TOWARD A POSITIVE OUTCOME.

TAI
Tai your torrent is in pending waiting for you to put some info on it.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php?tab=Pending

I had the same problem i was getting an error message but my file was in pending all the time waiting for me.

Hope that helps

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Mar 4th, '10, 07:46

Tai wrote:WHY IS SO DIFFICULT TO POST A SIMPLE TORRENT. I HAVE TRIED ALL DAY TO POST JEJUNGWON 15 AND 16 FOR OTHERS TO ENJOY AND ALL I GET IS

Upload Torrent
Username
Password
Torrent File

TAI
I looked at the logs, and the error you're getting is because its already there and you're trying to add it more than once.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_83053.htm

Mostly like what happened is you uploaded it the first time and it went through ok and was queue for a moderator to approve, you probably didn't see it in the torrent list because it wasn't approved yet and so tried to add it again and got the above error. Making the error message more helpful is on my list of things to do.

For now you need to give some information about the torrent in that topic so a moderator can approve it.

Tai

Post by Tai » May 2nd, '10, 20:38

Thank you lesleysan and Ruroshin
I thank you, I know that Just like in the Korean movie I fell off a cliff (usually if you fall into water, you reappear later in the film) However in this I only repaired my computer and got a bigger HDD.
Now maybe I can seed more . Now I will catch up. Thank you for setting me straight on my frantic antics with Jeju.ngwon

nuts
Location: In bed with Abe Hiroshi, Sasaki Kuranosuke and Tanihara Shosuke.. XD

Post by nuts » Oct 20th, '10, 05:41

I'm trying to upload Iryu 3 eps 1, but always failed
I didn't use any asian char, the torrent's name is => Iryu 3 - 01 (704x396 RAW).avi.torrent
but I get the error-queuing message

can you help me?
is it in waiting of approval or maybe I did something wrong?

thanks for helping~

peacht
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by peacht » Oct 20th, '10, 05:58

nuts wrote:I'm trying to upload Iryu 3 eps 1, but always failed
I didn't use any asian char, the torrent's name is => Iryu 3 - 01 (704x396 RAW).avi.torrent
but I get the error-queuing message

can you help me?
is it in waiting of approval or maybe I did something wrong?

thanks for helping~
Your torrent is waiting approval. You can find it here
Before the torrent can be approved you need to add relevant info about the series and file.
You can pm me once this is done or if you need help.

chuegl

Post by chuegl » Sep 29th, '11, 13:55

Need help of moderator
I am trying to upload "The Little Nyonya (Sg2008) 480x272 (Ep01) HS ch.avi" but after getting several error messages re inputstream and queuing, I eventually realised, quite by accident, that the torrent was included in the Pending page. I came accross a download file re Comments but have not been able to find the relevant Comments page to add the info recommended. I went to the Pending page and added info as I thought required. But now nothing is happening.
Please advise as to what I need to do now to allow others to share my file.
Please also delete my first attempt "The Little Nyonya (Singapore 2008) Hardsubbed AVIs"
Thank you.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 29th, '11, 14:16

chuegl: be patient, unless you are in an uploader group, your torrent awaits approval of one moderator. And you can't be added to it automatically. Just be patient.
Plus, I deleted the first version but it's not me who approves torrents.

chuegl

Post by chuegl » Sep 29th, '11, 14:27

Thank you, Ethlenn
Yes, I was hasty but so want to share that beautiful story.
OK I will check back in awhile.

chuegl

Post by chuegl » Sep 29th, '11, 22:56

Hi Ethlenn
Will you help me again, please?
I have been parked up in Pending for the past almost 4 hours, waiting to upload the 2nd episode of The Little Nyonya. The 1st was uploaded OK and there are about 10 seeds present. I was hoping to upload at least a couple episodes a day once they are well seeded.
Is there a limit on the number of torrents one can upload within a specific period - like maybe because it is my first upload I am limited to 1 a day? I have searched for some help on that question but see nothing.
Hoping you can guide me.

peacht
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by peacht » Sep 30th, '11, 07:05

Waiting can be frustrating so it may be helpful to know what to expect.
Torrents in the Pending section may wait up to 24 hours before being approved.
The torrents need to be checked manually and that takes a person who may well have a lot more important things to do in their life.
You can post as many torrents a day as you like.
If you are posting torrents of a particular series, please consider posting a batch torrent of sequential episodes. Batches live longer and use fewer resources.
Once you've posted a torrent and are waiting for it to be approved you are welcome to pm me. I will look at it as soon as I'm able but it may take a while if our time zones clash.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 30th, '11, 08:00

And peacht explained it succinctly. :salut:

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Oct 29th, '13, 23:31

I'm having problem with uploading a drama and get the error message "Upload failed. Reason: Unable to decode torrent from inputstream." .

its give me same error message with both episodes the HANrel and HANrel 720p ver, my torrent file is in English so not sure whats the problem.

BaekSoo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BaekSoo » Oct 29th, '13, 23:52

The Chaos wrote:I'm having problem with uploading a drama and get the error message "Upload failed. Reason: Unable to decode torrent from inputstream." .

its give me same error message with both episodes the HANrel and HANrel 720p ver, my torrent file is in English so not sure whats the problem.
I believe the problem lies with the original torrent. It's lacking trackers (More accurate is zero trackers) and without trackers the error message is just that. The problem can be solved by a few ways. The easiest is just to upload the torrent to one of the hosts. Just pick one.

1. http://zoink.it/
2. http://torrage.com/

Download the torrent and it will come with trackers. Upload it as you would normally and problem solved.

The other ways will get more complicated so I won't get into it.

PS. You're not the first to have this problem. Esmer86 had the same problem as well.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Oct 30th, '13, 01:52

@BaekSoo Yep , it worked :cheers:
Thanks a lot for the help.

BaekSoo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BaekSoo » Oct 30th, '13, 02:17

The Chaos wrote:@BaekSoo Yep , it worked :cheers:
Thanks a lot for the help.
You're welcome.

Note: The root cause is actually Utorrent version 3. The developers are actually making things worse by "Upgrading" and messing with what was the best version of all, an older Version 2.2.1

If you try to seed an existing torrent by downloading a torrent, then force-recheck the files to recognise the finished files. It fails.

If you make a new torrent and try to add more trackers..... it ends up with zero trackers....hence the problem you and others are facing.....

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Oct 30th, '13, 02:33

BaekSoo wrote:
You're welcome.

Note: The root cause is actually Utorrent version 3. The developers are actually making things worse by "Upgrading" and messing with what was the best version of all, an older Version 2.2.1

If you try to seed an existing torrent by downloading a torrent, then force-recheck the files to recognise the finished files. It fails.

If you make a new torrent and try to add more trackers..... it ends up with zero trackers....hence the problem you and others are facing.....
I see and mine the newest one version 3.3.2 . work good for me but didn't notice about these problem til now.

BaekSoo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BaekSoo » Oct 30th, '13, 02:53

The Chaos wrote: I see and mine the newest one version 3.3.2 . work good for me but didn't notice about these problem til now.
It works fine if you're just downloading torrents.