Spring Waltz (KBS2, 2006)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
cmoyas

Post by cmoyas » Mar 11th, '07, 01:08

Anyone knows where i can download spring waltz, i only have 12 episodes and i really want to watch the entire serie, until now it's really good.
I'm waiting for your answers. :thumright: :thumright:

beertax

Post by beertax » Mar 11th, '07, 03:55

Honestly, the male lead looks like a frog. So sorry fans, but that just killed it for me. :cry:

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Mar 11th, '07, 18:34

Haha, yeah, he's not that attractive, nor is he an especially gifted actor (neither was the female lead, for that matter. Also rather unattractive and not very good at portraying sadness). I don't really know why I still ended up liking Spring Waltz. Maybe it was Daniel Henney or the cinematography, but I actually managed to finish this unlike Autumn Tale.

yumi-chan

Post by yumi-chan » Mar 17th, '07, 03:06

I was also wondering if anyone has the sheet music to 'Love Poem' by Lee Ji-su (the song Jae Ha played over the phone to Eun Young). It's SO beautiful! And it would be great if anyone was able to get a hold it!

Heartsword

Post by Heartsword » Mar 20th, '07, 06:06

Am I the only one who didnt' like this series? I think it's the weakest out all of the "Season" series, the second runner up being "Summer Scent."

Even Daniel Henny couldn't save this series for me. The main actress was so cute and pretty but she was bland. The other characters (inclu. the main guy) is forgettable. Even the OST is bad. Gah, what a disappointment!

xdestiny

Post by xdestiny » Mar 21st, '07, 04:27

yeah i agree with you .. o_o
the pics do look nice but when
i started watching the drama ..
it didn't turn out as great >>;

and the theme song wasn't that
good either XD

oceansportrait

Post by oceansportrait » Mar 22nd, '07, 17:26

I really liked the childhood scenes, the two child actors I think did an amazing job, and the backdrop was beautiful (loved the scenes where they're walking through the tall-grass). And I did like the technique they used where they started in the present time in episode one, then flashed back to the childhood for the next few episodes before coming back to the present. But once it was back into the present....I didn't really feel any chemistry between the two leads, and daniel was the omake. It was obvious from the start he wasn't going to end up with her, so it was sad to see his character grovelling :P

lovergirl259_z

Post by lovergirl259_z » Mar 24th, '07, 15:18

i read some article that Joo ji hoo will the support cast in this drama...i finished watch this drama yestarday but i dont see him in the screen.

lovergirl259_z

Post by lovergirl259_z » Mar 24th, '07, 15:32

the storyline was just great even there is some part which is diffucult to understand.. i really like eun young..sometimes she make me laugh when she communicate with phillps..now it become one of our trend to use the word "no problem" like the way she pronouns the words.

MalieKai

Song near end of Episode 2

Post by MalieKai » Mar 25th, '07, 05:07

Would anyone happen to know what the song is in Episode 2 near the end--it's in English and it plays as the two kids are running through the fields, dancing on the beach, etc., etc. It starts out with, "white (?) as the sun....morning dew, tempting the night...feeling the...over the land, exploding into life again, just as planned"...sorry, I was unable to catch every word. I really love that song but I have no idea how to get info on it~it's not on any of the soundtracks and not in the credits at the end of that disc. If anyone could help me, I'd be forever in your debt. ^^ Thanks!

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Mar 25th, '07, 06:04

i watched this in you tube.. i wanted to watch it coz the cast really looked pretty and the colors used in this series was just outstanding. it was really the color of the spring...
the OST/sound tracks are damn so good!!!

*spoiler alert!!!!* don't continue reading if you don't want to know.

there are some really boring parts in spring waltz, like the part when they were still kids.
its not like in the autumn tale, the first drama series that the same director did.
it was kinda off for the whole series, but the catch is you had to watch it.
because if you don't watch it, you are going to be confused with the whole story...
although that part i was thinking "when is this part gonna end????" sheeezzz... it was that boring.
after the kids part everything comes into order and all goes well.

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Mar 29th, '07, 01:11

I have watched this drama but unfortunately I had to fast forward some episodes because its a bit dragging but I love the sound track loveholic, I was able to obtained a copy of this from silengregrets website. When I have time I will watched again to appreciate from parts because I think this is the biggest budgeted series of the 4 seasons drama.

snowstrutt

Post by snowstrutt » Apr 24th, '07, 08:43

I just finished this series and I really like it. It's good for me. Just a loose thread at the end...

spoiler alert

i don't understand why Jae Ha leaves for Austria without informing Eun Young when his dad already turned down vying for a government post. They should've made the plot like this... Jae Ha's dad is running for an important government position... so Jae Ha sacrifices by going to Austria to save his dad's political career from further intrigues... eventually his dad backs out of the elections for Jae Ha's true destiny and love for eun young. That would've made more sense.

However, as I said I love this K-series. I love the story, the characters (Jae Ha and Eun Young)... the scenes (train ride in Epi one; Jae Ha wearing the teddy bear sweatshirt)... and the sweet moments (childhood, holding hands, kisses). :) I'm actually watching it for the second time.

saraxng

Post by saraxng » Apr 30th, '07, 21:38

does anyone know where i can get the sheet music for the ost??

more specifically ...love poem or byul ee jee gee jun eh (before stars sleep)

thanks. :D

hana~jk

Love It!!!!

Post by hana~jk » Jul 16th, '07, 15:25

Love this drama... Love the casts too... esp SDY... I've fallen for his character in this drama... As a fresh/new actor, I think he did a really good job.. It is not easy to carry such a deep character (a man with pain) ... I would like to congratulate him for his great performance in this drama... and same to the lead actress.. love SDY.. hope he'll be success as an actor...

silverstarach

Post by silverstarach » Jul 17th, '07, 06:22

I am disappointed in Spring Waltz.. I thought the last season will be xtra special.. Guess I have too high hope..

dantruon

Post by dantruon » Sep 25th, '07, 05:37

can someone give me the link to download this series ? been searching for an hour with no love or luck.

thanks.

dethos

Post by dethos » Sep 27th, '07, 11:56

someone can tell me all the story in the last episode , i can't see this drama :salut:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Oct 11th, '07, 03:08

dethos wrote:someone can tell me all the story in the last episode , i can't see this drama :salut:
his hand got hurt (because of leenah, she threw the shell art that Eun gave to Jeaha into the trash can, then he picked it up, got his hand cut from a broken bulb), and it was bleeding so hard that he was not supposed to play the piano. But Eun was there so he still played the piano for her even though it would cost his hand. (he was also bleeding all over the piano..) then after the performance, they all went to the hospital... he learned he could never play the piano in a concert again, because he has damaged a certain nerve in his hand. he went back to austria and never told eun that he could never play again. the other guy, leenah saw eun coincidentally and told her what happened. so Eun went to Austria to look for Jeaha, then she found him on the bridge where they also went before. so there.. they got married and adopted the small kid. and lived in the house from the shoot.. he started to teach piano in the school from that area. that's how everything ended. but its much better if you watched it.

mittens

Post by mittens » Jan 24th, '08, 14:57

I'm more of a comedy-romance type when it comes to dramas.. but this series has strucked me in a way they portrayed their roles and the presentation of the scenes. First, the OST is just superb... and I like the main characters of the story esp Jae Ha.. I think the actor really played his role here very well... I could really feel the feelings he wanted to tell the viewers esp his undying devotion to Eun Young..
My fave part was in episode 14, when he went to the island and Eun Hyoung was also there and he remembered his past and surprisingly he saw her and just turned back and shed tears.. It's as if he was shaking knowing that the person he loves is the same person he sacrificed his life for... that really got through me... his reaction was really touching and just felt so true...... :wub:
[/b]

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » Mar 15th, '10, 08:47

I was left a bit disappointed by Spring Waltz though i liked it, the first 13 episodes were boring and predictable, i was expecting something better from the same director of Winter Sonata.

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » Mar 15th, '10, 16:53

And another thing, there's something that bugs me after i watched this drama and to make sure i rewatched the beginning of ep.1,
i really don't get how the beginning of ep.1 is related to the ending, at the end she goes to austria and meet with him on a bridge and then they go back to korea get married and live on the island, but at the very beginning she's in Wien on new year's eve alone and seems sad and be waiting for him, i really can't get it.

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » Mar 15th, '10, 16:55

riki_kun wrote:And another thing, there's something that bugs me after i watched this drama and to make sure i rewatched the beginning of ep.1, if can someone explain to me please read below.
i really don't get how the beginning of ep.1 is related to the ending, at the end she goes to austria and meet with him on a bridge and then they go back to korea get married and live on the island, but at the very beginning she's in Wien on new year's eve alone and seems sad and be waiting for him, i really can't get it.

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Jul 12th, '10, 14:18

I like this series very much, both the lovely main characters :wub: and the great storyline. And what a wonderful soundtrack! :cheers: I seriously think this drama is underrated. Maybe it’s predictable but I don’t mind it, because it’s so nice. I remember being glad to know some cute moments would happen next. I couldn’t wait for the new episodes!! It isn't boring at all, but very touching, full with emotions, sometimes sad, but there are many funny and sweet moments too and there’s a happy ending! :-)
I just love the children!! :wub: They are very sweet and loveable, also acted well. I love Han Hyo Joo and Seo Deo Young how they played their adult ones. They did a great job. You could perfectly understand how Eun Young and Jae Ha felt. :roll

If it had ended at the 18th episode, I definitely would have chosen this drama as my favourite instead of Winter Sonata among the season stories. Characters in Spring Waltz are so lovely as those in WS but fresher and more lively. Somehow you just feel them younger. But it didn’t end at the 18th ep and I can’t choose between this and WS. I like both dramas, but I hate their last episodes. :unsure:
It’s unfortunate that Spring Waltz has 20 eps, because the two last ones are totally unnecessary, inconsequential, unrealistic, pointless so much and above all they didn’t suit a bit. I can’t stand them. I feel the drama is ruined by those eps. At first I was very angry and disappointed, but I stand by it, cause it’s a great story after all. :thumright:
Last edited by gilnis on Jul 12th, '10, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Jul 12th, '10, 14:29

riki_kun wrote:And another thing, there's something that bugs me after i watched this drama and to make sure i rewatched the beginning of ep.1,
They happened at totally different times. In my opinion you think it’s more complicated than it is in real. I hope I can help you. :)

In the first episode
Jae Ha believing Eun Young had died lives in Austria and has no intention to go back to Korea.
Eun Young makes a trip to Austria. It’s her first time there. She hasn’t meet Jae Ha since their childhood, she knows nothing about him, but she hopes that one day they can meet again.

Then both of them remember their past. She goes back to Korea after a while, maybe in the 3rd or 4th episode. He follows her not knowing who she is in real and the story continues in Korea until in the end he decides to leave for Austria.
In the last episode
she goes to Austria for the second time, because she wants to bring him back to Korea. She knows where she can find him and they go back to Korea together and get married.