[Discussion] Sunao ni Narenakute (Ueno Juri, Eita)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
vege-okonomiyaki

[Discussion] Sunao ni Narenakute (Ueno Juri, Eita)

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » Mar 15th, '10, 14:12

New thread for the April 2010 J-dorama with Ueno Juri, Eita,Tamayama Tetsuji, Seki Megumi and Hero Jae-joong.

Last edited by vege-okonomiyaki on Mar 15th, '10, 14:56, edited 4 times in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 15th, '10, 14:32

:thumright:

vege-okonomiyaki

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » Mar 15th, '10, 14:47

Original news (copied from Ueno Juri thread):

NEW DORAMA FOR JURI-CHAN AND EITA!!!! :cheers:

Sunao ni Narenakute 素直になれなくて ("I Can't Be Frank")

Eita and Ueno Juri will be working together for the 8th time in the FujiTV spring 2010 drama, "Sunao ni Narenakute" (I can't be frank) which begins its run in the Thursday 10pm slot from April. The drama will be produced by the same crew which produced "Last Friends", the last drama which Eita and Ueno worked together. The script is written by Kitagawa Eriko whose last work was "Sora kara furu ichioku no Hoshi" which starred Kimura Takuya and Fukatsu Eri.

The two of them are 2 of 5 main characters who come to know one another through the short message communication application Twitter and the drama depicts the process how they become true friends. Eita plays Nakaji who aspired to be a war photographer but starts to have second thoughts after seeing his father return injured from the war zone. On the other hand, Ueno plays a part-time teacher Haru at a private senior high school who feels frustrated at being unable to handle the demands of her job. Haru then meets Nakaji through Twitter where he subsequently falls for her but is unable to be frank about his feelings.

Tamayama Tetsuji and Seki Megumi also form part of the cast as Linda and Peach while the person to play the final character in the group has yet to be decided. Linda is the leader of the group and works in the publishing industry. However, despite his flashy appearance, Linda is troubled because he is suffering from erectile dysfunction (ED) at a young age. As for the character Peach, she is Haru's buddy who has an affair with her married superior.

http://doramaworld.blogspot.com/2010/02 ... akute.html

Original news from FujiTV (Japanese):
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/fujitv/news/pub ... sunao.html

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 15th, '10, 14:49

I am SOOOO watching this. it has Tamayama and Eita both at the same time. what else do i want in a drama??? :mrgreen:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand Jury-chan of course (just before bmwracer reads this and start planing to kill me) :P

vege-okonomiyaki

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » Mar 15th, '10, 14:52

:lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 15th, '10, 15:04

Hmm, outline looks pretty interesting, will give it a try^^

Salz

Post by Salz » Mar 15th, '10, 15:57

yatta<33
so glad someone opening a thread for my most anticipated drama next season^^
EitaJuri my forever OTP<333

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Mar 15th, '10, 16:04

omg i can't wait!!! Eita and Juri again!

as couples...well nearly, but hopefully he'll have courage to confess lolz...I'm dying to see a happy ending for both their characters for once.

:wub:

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Mar 15th, '10, 16:34

My favorite, Eita, AND the prettiest guy in the world, Jaejoong! Yay! Can it get any better?! I can't wait to see this one.

Romance for Eita, please! :) (doesn't have to be with Jaejoong, tho.... :P)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 15th, '10, 17:34

Issy wrote:I am SOOOO watching this. it has Tamayama and Eita both at the same time. what else do i want in a drama??? :mrgreen:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand Jury-chan of course (just before bmwracer reads this and start planing to kill me) :P
Good thing... :mrgreen:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Mar 15th, '10, 20:52

I'm SO anticipating this drama and I hope that it won't let us down :thumright:
ok let me thank Querbeet fansub group in advance because they announced that they are going to release both (Hard & Soft) subs for this drama ^^

yachirou

Post by yachirou » Mar 16th, '10, 17:54

I can't wait to watch this drama n_n

Eita and Juri-chan are my favorites :wub:

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Mar 17th, '10, 04:44

I can't wait to watch this too! The cast and the general feel (from the website) reminds me a lot of Last Friends. I was also surprised Jaejoong will be in this drama too. The summary doesn't mention his character though. :O

toma_sis

Post by toma_sis » Mar 17th, '10, 08:35

Sakuya wrote:I can't wait to watch this too! The cast and the general feel (from the website) reminds me a lot of Last Friends. I was also surprised Jaejoong will be in this drama too. The summary doesn't mention his character though. :O
yeah..me too.. this is really true???...I'm really exited to see Juri + Eita collaboration again...
and Jaejoong also on the list??...make me more exited :cheers:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Mar 17th, '10, 14:38

Sakuya wrote:I can't wait to watch this too! The cast and the general feel (from the website) reminds me a lot of Last Friends. I was also surprised Jaejoong will be in this drama too. The summary doesn't mention his character though. :O
here is the plot with more details:
"Sunao ni Narenakute" revolves around 5 young people who meet in Shibuya, Tokyo through popular microblogging site Twitter.

Nakaji (Eita) works as a photographer and follows in the foot steps of his father who also worked as a photographer.

Haru (Juri Ueno) is a temporary teacher at a private high school. Haru is insecure because of her temporary status. Haru is also in a one-sided love with Nakaji.

Peach (Megumi Seki) keeps having an affair with her boss.

Rinta (Tetsuji Tamayama) works in the glamorous publishing field. He is concerned with his impotence.

A doctor (Yeong Woong Jae Jung) is stressed over his bad business dealings.

asianmediawiki.com

Rori

Post by Rori » Mar 17th, '10, 15:26

It's been so long since I've been hyped up for a Jdrama and this is most definitely thanks to it being Jaejoong's drama debut! The rest of the cast is pretty much a bonus for me. Juri and Eita together again, both being the superb actor and actress they are themselves, are a must see. I haven't seen Seki Megumi since LIFE where she was both brilliant and my favorite character in that series. Tamayama Tetsuji; I only know from two other series but I missed him as the lovable older brother from Brother Beat.

An article I came across:
"Sunao ni Narenakute casts, hang out together"

The new fuji tv drama that’s starting in april “Sunao ni narenakute” had an interview on the 14th where Eita, Ueno Juri, Jaejoong (Tohoshinki), Seki Megumi, and Tamayama Tetsuji were all there.

The story is about 5 peoples love and friendship which they meet through twitter. Eita plays character Nakaji who is a cameraman, Ueno Juri plays Haru a part time teacher, Jaejoong plays Doctor a salesman, Seki Megumi plays Peach a children clothes sales clerk, and Tamayama Tetsuji plays Linda/Rinda an editor.

Before filming the 5 went to go drink. Tamayama said “this time many are around the same age so I got excited and drank too much, and Jaejoong made me drunk *laughs*. I don’t have memory of the last half part. Jaejoong and Eita and everyone is really strong.”

Jaejoong said “Tamayama-san is like my neighbor’s older brother *laughs*. And Eita-san is really strong in alcohol. If I have a chance I want to see who is stronger *laughs*” and Eita who go asked to challenge said “no thank you *laughs* (to the challenge).” And rejected the challenge but said “Jaejoong is a really honest person. He can say what is good or bad and it feels nice to be around him”. It seemed that he has a good impression of him.

Ueno Juri talked about seki megumi who plays her best friend. ” We have been in the same movie before called ‘ warau daitenshi’ and she’s a cool/calm person but she’s actually a very funny person and we get to film longer this time so im excited”. Seki said “I like how juri thinks about other people and her power towards acting, she’s very reliable.” It seemed that they both like each other.

Even before the filming started they are right on track. It is exciting to see how the drama will be.

“Sunao ni narenakute” Starting in April on thursdays from 10:00-10:54 on Fuji television.

Original Source
Translated by
Taken from
Last edited by Rori on Mar 17th, '10, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.

Makoto_

Post by Makoto_ » Mar 17th, '10, 15:28

I supposed that the names are nicknames from twitter
then Jaejoong is "Doctor", Juri is "Haru"....

Kathstandsalone

Post by Kathstandsalone » Mar 17th, '10, 15:33

The story plot sounds bleh. Twitter. :glare:

But the cast ... :wub: :wub: :wub:

gaurisharma

Post by gaurisharma » Mar 17th, '10, 16:49

ahhh...i can't wait!!! i think this will be one of the best dramas of the coming season....eita and juri!!!!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 17th, '10, 22:50

Kathstandsalone wrote:The story plot sounds bleh. Twitter. :glare:

But the cast ... :wub: :wub: :wub:
+1.

Another hot-button story: Twitter... Previously it was DV/GID/Incest...

flamethunder85

Post by flamethunder85 » Mar 18th, '10, 15:04

100318 Taking the Photos for "Sunaoni Narenakute" Posters

Finally, the team "Sunaoni Narenakute" started. This time, we will send you the report of filming the poster. Eita-san, Ueno Juri-san, Jaejoong-san, Seki Megumi-san, and Tetsuji Tamayama-san participated.

The first work of the 5 actors (who are the main casts for this drama) was this poster filming. All the actors excluding Jaejoong-san had experiences of joint appearances, and for this drama, they have already started the rehearsals and have gone to a get-together dinner, so there was already a good atmosphere. You can see the lovely moods by just looking at the photos.

The poster was taken on the roof of Fuji TV bay area studio. The actors were playing around and pushing each other, bubbling over saying "Stop, stop!" According to the request from the staff "Everyone, please smile", all the actors started to laugh out all at one, and was laughing at themselves… "We are not shy! It’s so fun!" shouted Eita-san, and then, all the surrounding staff were laughing out loud, too.

Jaejoong-san, who was the center of attention joked, "I will melt down if I have so much sunshine on myself…" and set everyone to laugh. He seemed to be very nervous during the rehearsal (he is saying "I am really nervous now, too"), but he definitely is the mood maker of this team!

Our next report will be the start of the filming! Please look forward to them!!

Image Image

Source: Fuji TV "Sunaoni Narenakute"
Translation: smiley @ OneTVXQ.com
Credits: OneTVXQ.com { One World. One Red Ocean. One TVXQ! }

JUYI

Post by JUYI » Mar 18th, '10, 15:10

flamethunder85 wrote:100318 Taking the Photos for "Sunaoni Narenakute" Posters

WOAH! haha! NICE!

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Mar 18th, '10, 15:57

Only a month to go. Is there no official start date yet? :unsure:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 18th, '10, 17:22

That Korean guy looks like a girl. :lol

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 18th, '10, 17:51

bmwracer wrote:That Korean guy looks like a girl. :lol
strange that you referring to Tamayama as a korean guy. i mean i know his father is korean but i think he has done enough japanese dramas (has he done anything korean?) and movies to be considered a J-actor :mrgreen:
but YES, Tetsuji is ONE Beautiful man but i don't think he is as girly looking as some other j-actors. :P

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 18th, '10, 18:05

Issy wrote:
strange that you referring to Tamayama as a korean guy. i mean i know his father is korean but i think he has done enough japanese dramas (has he done anything korean?) and movies to be considered a J-actor :mrgreen:
but YES, Tetsuji is ONE Beautiful man but i don't think he is as girly looking as some other j-actors. :P
I was referring to Jaejoong. :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 18th, '10, 18:12

bmwracer wrote:
Issy wrote:
I was referring to Jaejoong. :P
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
oooooooooooooooops :pale: :pale: :pale:
please forgive my ignorance. (i need that hiding under a bag emoticon from Jdorama here :mrgreen: )

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 18th, '10, 19:02

Oh, Issy, you're just confused, mehehe.

About Taniyama kun:
Movies 2010:
シーサイドモーテル
ノルウェイの森 (Norwegian Wood)

Dramas (beside Sunao...):
横山秀夫サスペンス 「自伝」
「わが家の歴史]
(from his website)

And one more shot of Jejoong:

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 18th, '10, 22:23

:pale: :pale: :pale: :pale:
my apologies again :pale:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 18th, '10, 23:41

Ethlenn wrote:And one more shot of Jejoong:
Like I said: a girl.

Just like Miura Haruma. :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 19th, '10, 00:02

Yeah, he's girly. I don't really care, I wasn't even aware he's an "actor", gomen. :mrgreen:

em_pangit

Post by em_pangit » Mar 19th, '10, 00:34

nice, another eita and juri dorama, looking forward to this

ah jj.. whenever he does something unrelated to music i worry for him, before it was 'postman to heaven' and now with a japanese drama my worries just doubled. i really hope he does well.

Rori

Post by Rori » Mar 19th, '10, 02:08

I'm a bit worried for him too. I don't know how his acting is as the only other thing he's done is Heaven's Postman as far as I know and I haven't watched it yet. Crossing my fingers for him. ^_^

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 19th, '10, 04:27

Ethlenn wrote:Yeah, he's girly. I don't really care, I wasn't even aware he's an "actor", gomen. :mrgreen:
I just hope they didn't pick this guy just for the fangirls, like they did with Ryo in Last Friends... That drama was a train wreck, aside from Juri-chan and Eita's fine performances. :sweat:

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Mar 19th, '10, 04:46

Is Jaejoong fluent in Japanese? Just wondering. :roll Haha, they have a nice blue theme going on to match Twitter.

Salz

Post by Salz » Mar 19th, '10, 17:59

love the blue theme because i love blue :wub:
and Eita&Juri make such a gorgeous couple :wub: :wub: :wub:
im forever their shipper lol :salut:

i really hope the drama won't disappoint like LF :whistling:
though the scripwriter is one of my fav so i hope she still able to write a great script like her older drama :salut:

i like JaeJoong as a singer :wub:
though never watch his acting before but i won't judge him just yet, still need to watch the drama before i can say he is bad or not, the guy need to be given a chance :P
though obviously he will definitely be overshadowed by Juri, Eita and Tamayama everytime they have a scene together :whistling:

i think his Japanese is pretty good by learning themselves over the years they are in Japan, and i heard he is taking Japanese lesson more seriously now for the drama, he would definitely become better now :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 19th, '10, 18:05

It's easier for Korean to learn Japanese language than otherwise. I haven't heard him speaking though. But I guess it's a trend in new dramas to pick up "cute" guy, you know eye-candy because of fangirls. Their acting skills are waaay below of those of my night table though. Like Kim Hyun Joong in Korea. Who came up with the idea this guy can act?

But I'm looking for this for Tameyama's sake. And Eita's^^.

Salz

Post by Salz » Mar 19th, '10, 18:15

well every jdrama need an eye-candy^^;
though i'm really really glad that this drama don't have a JE boys :P
i do like JE but they always tend to take the spotlight and overshadow other better actors even when they just in supporting roles ^^;
like in LF when Ryo character is not suppose to be that big, and i don't want to blame Ryo but because of his JE status and it seem like they re-write the script for him and ruin the whole storyline, even Eita&Juri can't save the whole drama though is still watch the drama for them both ^^;

luckily the other cast is all powerful experience actor so maybe we might not even notice one bad acting :P

well i do follow Tohoshinki and all of them have good Japanese skills already though JaeJoong is not really the best among them but he still good enough^^
so i don't think we need to worry of his speaking beside he not really acting as Japanese guy :P

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 19th, '10, 19:37

Ethlenn wrote:But I guess it's a trend in new dramas to pick up "cute" guy, you know eye-candy because of fangirls.
Yup. :pale:
Their acting skills are waaay below of those of my night table though.

LOL. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 20th, '10, 05:17

Credit to mayeve/Baidu.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Mar 20th, '10, 09:45

does anyone know what it said there? The relationship table....dying to more about their characters xD

mechturk

Post by mechturk » Mar 20th, '10, 19:55

HypnoSurf22 wrote:Only a month to go. Is there no official start date yet? :unsure:
Well, there doesn't appear to be an official start date on the Fuji TV site, but according to 2ch, it starts on 15th April.

vege-okonomiyaki

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » Mar 21st, '10, 00:55

Someone saw Eita filming in Shibuya on the 17th March (Cat Street) - thinking it's probably for the show? No pics, sorry.

http://twitter.com/TokyoFashion

Outside

Post by Outside » Mar 22nd, '10, 00:35

More details on the storyline and characters.

Fuji TV every Thursday 10:00 pm – 10:54 pm

Cast:

Eita / Juri Ueno / Jejung / Megumi Seki / Tetsuji Tamayama

Staffs:

Screenplay: Eriko Kitagawa / Director: Mitsuno Mitio / Producer: Nakano Toshiyuki

Overview:

It’s hard to be honest, a drama depicting a bright image of a youth group of five men and women.

“Twitter” is a communication tool that is explosively popular in internet right now to expand social life through internet. Originally met via twitter, this five youth group of men and women started their act as men and women with bright images. Not being able to be honest, they hardly to show their true self, while each of them actually has a deep trouble. However, various events that are happening soon after, naturally nurture their love and friendship. The five people in this drama starring Eita and Juri Ueno as a couple, Tohoshinki’s Jejung, Megumi Seki, and Tetsuji Tamayama. This youth drama is expected to create a large new sensation once it’s airing!

Story:

Haru is a high school teacher named Mizuno Tsukiko (Juri Ueno) who is going to meet his friends in Shibuya whom she met on twitter. Eventhough they haven’t met yet, but since she feels that his man of fate is among Haru’s twitter friends, Haru’s best friend Nishimura (Megumi Seki) wants to come along too. As they go to a cafe for the meeting, Rinta (Tamayama Tetsuji), and Doctor (Jejung) are already waiting. However, Haru’s eyes are trapped as she sees the man who is coming late. It was a man who brawled on the street some time ago, “the lowest man/the bad guy”, and the man was Nakaji (Eita)…

Cast Profiles:

Nakaji (Eita)
His real name is Nakashima Keisuke. A novice photographer, being seen low as his current main job is taking pictures for porn magazines. He took step as a photographer as he admires his father who was a war photographer.

Haru (Juri Ueno)
Her real name is Mizuno Tsukiko. A part time high school teacher. She’s a type of not a straightforward person. Having no self confidence, thus never once since her birth, she ever dated a man. Her father left his family ever since her mother in menopause. And her brother is under rehabilitation of drugs.

Doctor (Jejung)
His real name is Park Sung-soo. He came from South Korea to Japan five years ago with his sister. On twitter, he lies that he is a doctor, while in reality he’s only a medical equipment salesman. Since the business is not doing well, the company is in trouble.

Peach (Megumi Seki)
Real name Nishimura. A best friend and high school classmate of Haru. Being invited by Haru to come with her meeting the 4 people. A type who doesn’t like to think too much, but sometimes a little harsh when it comes to men.

Rinta (Tamayama Tetsuji)
Real name is Ichihara Kaoru. A magazine editor of a medium-sized publisher. Due to the previous sales, he’d been appointed to be editor in chief, and currently is aiming to be an editor. But he’s been receiving an intense sexual harassment from a female editor.

source: http://kikaku.tvguide.or.jp
trans: sharingyoochun.net

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 22nd, '10, 03:17

Credit: Baidu

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 22nd, '10, 15:02

OK, as far as I could see kanji:

OK, I changed the pic, since I can't see the kanji, and I don't want to make a further buzz over it :mrgreen:
Last edited by Ethlenn on Mar 27th, '10, 09:19, edited 1 time in total.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Mar 22nd, '10, 15:18

jaejoong likes juri's character? haha....idk, i just can't imagine it. :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 22nd, '10, 15:29

I can't see kanji clearly, but I guess it's the one for "yearning", so...

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 22nd, '10, 19:25

avieamber wrote:jaejoong likes juri's character? haha....idk, i just can't imagine it. :P
Neither can I.... Yuck. :crazy:

Rori

Post by Rori » Mar 23rd, '10, 10:10

ImageImage

ImageImage

cr: poplez/soompi

Not the best of quality but until we get better pics~

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 23rd, '10, 12:45

bmwracer wrote:
avieamber wrote:jaejoong likes juri's character? haha....idk, i just can't imagine it. :P
:lol :lol :lol
sensing some jealousy going on in here. :P

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 23rd, '10, 13:33

Issy wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
:lol :lol :lol
sensing some jealousy going on in here. :P
Not jealousy, but believability.

It'd be like Nishikido Ryo portraying a human being. :P

a2a

Post by a2a » Mar 23rd, '10, 13:48

This drama has a lot of potential! I like the scriptwriter though most of my friends can't stand her scripts. Of course the cast is a big win (not sure about Jae but we haven't seen him act in anything serious). Eita & Juri is my biggest drama OTP, I never get tired of seeing them together. And I spy Channaka playing Juri's younger brother! ^_^ Niiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Anyone knows if the characters are going to get fictional twitter accounts? Cause if that happens I'll get a twitter account ASAP! XD

Salz

Post by Salz » Mar 23rd, '10, 14:01

wow i think i saw Channaka playing Juri little bro<33
i thought he have his own leading drama this season, well im just happy he is in this drama coz i like him a lot<33
seem like he going to be the problematic little bro with drug problem but he is a good actor he definitely can do it xDD

thank for the pics, hopefully there would be an HQ pics of the scan :P

is their any LJ community for this drama where they have all the update stuff??

btw does anyone know is there going to be Nakai Super Festival Drama or Waratte Iitomo SP for this season drama since last season they don't have any???
i really want to see the third JuriEita appearance in the show and hope they win<33

Outside

Post by Outside » Mar 23rd, '10, 14:41

It was released a few weeks that the casts gonna appear on Waratte litomo on the 12th of April.

More HQ pics of the magazine.

Credit:Poplez

Salz

Post by Salz » Mar 23rd, '10, 15:05

thanks for the info<333
im so excited they going to be on Waratte iitomo SP^.^
hopefully Juri&Eita can bring back the team spirit during Nodame and win again xDD

and thanks so much for the HQ scans<3

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 23rd, '10, 15:22

Salz wrote:hopefully Juri&Eita can bring back the team spirit during Nodame and win again xDD
Juri-chan was incredible with the bow and arrow in that episode. :thumleft:

Salz

Post by Salz » Mar 23rd, '10, 15:30

yeah Juri really good at the arrow game though poor Eita fail :P
hope they would do those game again though they usually make new games every season...
hopefully it is not going to be the bowling show because it kinda boring and only one person play at a time^^;

Outside

Post by Outside » Mar 23rd, '10, 17:51

Your welcome :-)

Here's more activities coming up:
“Sunao Ni Narenakute” Full Preview Premiere Event

■ Date: April 12th, 2010 (Mon) at 13:00 (finished at 15:00)
■ Location: somewhere in Tokyo (to be determined)
■ Artists to attend: Eita, Ueno Juri, Jejung, Megumi Seki, Tamayama Tetsuji.

source: tamayama tetsuji official web
trans: sharingyoochun.net

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Mar 25th, '10, 22:40

bmwracer wrote: It'd be like Nishikido Ryo portraying a human being. :P
hahahaha XD

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Mar 25th, '10, 23:27

Article from Yomiuri Daily (possible spoilers ahead):

Juri Ueno and Eita, the stars of Fuji's 2008 hit Last Friends, team up again for another "seishun" drama featuring today's young people, their issues and concerns. Sunao ni Narenakute (starting in mid-April, Thursdays, 10 p.m., Fuji) grapples with the twenty-something angst of trying to follow one's dreams and find one's place in the world while wondering if the best days of one's youth haven't already slipped by.

Eita plays Nakajima (username "Nakaji"), a struggling young photographer whose father keeps pestering him for money. Ueno's character (username "Haru") is a part-time high school teacher with a younger brother who she suspects takes drugs. Haru has self-confidence issues and has never had a boyfriend. Haru's best friend (Megumi Seki), username "pi-chi," is having an affair with her boss and has a history of wrist-cutting. Tetsuji Tamayama's character (username "Linda") has a good job with a publishing company but also has his own issues, including being sexually harassed by his female boss. Tohoshinki member Jae Joong (username Doctor) makes his Japanese drama debut as the fifth member of the group. A medical equipment sales agent pressured to perform, he allows his Twitter pals to assume he's a real doctor. The group interact online, but there are plenty of real-life overlaps. Doctor's sister is one of Haru's students and Haru's mother apparently knows Nakaji's father.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 26th, '10, 00:27

raven_frost wrote: Haru has self-confidence issues and has never had a boyfriend.
That's hard to believe.

They've really gotta make Juri-chan look like a Plain Jane to pull that off... :wub:

Outside

Post by Outside » Mar 26th, '10, 03:45

15 second CM of Sunao Ni Narenakute ver.2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGocZPPJI_Q

So short but looking good so far.

mechturk

Post by mechturk » Mar 26th, '10, 03:57

By the way, that CM says that it starts on 15 April, so I guess its confirmed?

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Mar 26th, '10, 04:07

^Great news :-) It'll actually make tax day a day to look foward to this year :alcoholic:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 26th, '10, 04:44

Ethlenn wrote:OK, as far as I could see kanji:
What's "repeating?" :scratch:

Outside

Post by Outside » Mar 26th, '10, 04:48

Could it be that Eita also has an unrequited love for Ueno Juri too?

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Mar 26th, '10, 05:07

omg i'm so freakin excited!!! juri and eita acting together again in a drama is awesome!!! can't wait!!! :cheers:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 26th, '10, 05:17

Outside wrote:Could it be that Eita also has an unrequited love for Ueno Juri too?
If so, why not say "unrequited love" as well? :scratch:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 26th, '10, 06:28

@bmwracer:
"Kurikaesu" means going back repeatedly. Repeat.
I couldn't find better word since I have no idea for now what's their relation is.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 26th, '10, 14:43

Ethlenn wrote:@bmwracer:
"Kurikaesu" means going back repeatedly. Repeat.
I couldn't find better word since I have no idea for now what's their relation is.
So ka.

Very odd... Maybe it's intentional to keep everyone guessing. :sweat:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 26th, '10, 14:53

Really, I have no idea what to do with this. Maybe it's some kind of "on-off" relationship. Or he dumped her and then came back, ah, hell, I have to wait.

mechturk

Post by mechturk » Mar 26th, '10, 18:43

@Ethlenn

すみませんが、「くりかえす」じゃなくて 「くりまわす」でしょう?
「くりかえす」の書き方が「繰り返す」と思います。

繰り回すの意味:to roll over (i.e. debt)

So maybe Eita takes on Juri-chan's debt or vise versa?

Outside

Post by Outside » Mar 26th, '10, 19:48

Seem like they gonna have a very complicate love. lol

BTW there's gonna be a "love scene" between Jejung and Ueno Juri?! :blink

This is his first time in a Japanese drama. “I’m nervous about how my acting will come out like when I act in Japanese”. While saying that, at the poster photo shoot he was making jokes and making everyone laugh. “It’s fun when I see people laugh at the jokes I say".

The relationship with Ueno Juri who plays Haru is one of the good points. “For the love scene, even though its a rehearsal Jejung gets all red” she said. Its seems like there will be a lot of attention on how Jejung’s love goes.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 26th, '10, 20:14

mechturk wrote:@Ethlenn

すみませんが、「くりかえす」じゃなくて 「くりまわす」でしょう?
「くりかえす」の書き方が「繰り返す」と思います。

繰り回すの意味:to roll over (i.e. debt)

So maybe Eita takes on Juri-chan's debt or vise versa?
あっ、見落とした、ごめん、ごめん^^あなたが書いたとおりだよ^^
一つ目の漢字を見てから、次のはあたりまえだと思った
バカだよ^^

Maybe that’s the case.But I still have doubts.