Why Asian Women Don't Date Asian Men

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 24th, '10, 21:02

HongKongChick wrote: i dont like sweating that much, maybe that's why i like swimming! hahahaha but i do the machines just not running, it's bad for ur joints anyways! AHAHAH :)

DDR is instead a very good exercise game. now that the Wii came out, it's actually "fun" to work out. :D
I really suck at swimming. Yeah extreme sports and exercise can really tear up your joints. Like my joints hurts sometimes but only if I don't get enough sleep and proteins in my diet which I regularly takes everyday. I think I intake about 80-100grams of proteins and an average of 3500 calories on my active days and 50-60grams of proteins and 2400 calories on my non active days.
HongKongChick wrote: haha.. u know what we call those kids that are so proud of their "souped up" hondas that look like xmas trees? POSERS. to me, cosmetics of the car dont matter, if u got no skills or no power, u are pretty sad. kinda like how i like my men. i mean yea u can be so pretty on the outside, if u are just empty, it's a total turn off.

yup Civics are good daily drivers. i have a Accord wagon now, when people get older, they do want a sedan instead. hahaha... :) but i still have my fun car though, my little Nissan 240, my project car. :cheers:
Nice a 240sx! I just saw you picture in the post your pics post. So I'm guessing you know cars huh? Both of mines are project cars but I tuned my car's physics similar to WRC cars would aside from the engine. So I stress most on total balance and as street legal as it can be appearance-wise.
HongKongChick wrote: wow, ur sis's boyfriend's parents are both korean? if so, so, they are pretty traditional. you can tell even by their dramas, if a woman is divorced with a kid, she is trash.... man, talk about close mindedness.

my parents dont really care which race i marry, though they do prefer chinese coz they can communicate better and may have similar traditions. but other than that. they are pretty open.
Mine's the same. They would still prefer if we marry a Cambodian but they won't object to who ever we choose.
HongKongChick wrote: i love to cook, and i love to eat. so i would want my husband.boyfriend to be open minded with food. cant stand close mindedness. u can dislike certain food, but at least u can try first. that's the most problematic thing i find in white people. so if a guy who is always burgers and pizza, there is no way i will be with him long at all. so Asian guys do have one thing going for them, the similar taste in food! AHAHHA :lol
My mom cook some pretty exotic food sometimes. I either like it or hate it.
But yeah I don't discriminate food because I love to eat. French, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Khmer, Hmong, Filipino, Mexican, Spanish etc.
I just never like the taste of pork that's about it.

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 24th, '10, 21:24

PocketKiriyama wrote:
I really suck at swimming. Yeah extreme sports and exercise can really tear up your joints. Like my joints hurts sometimes but only if I don't get enough sleep and proteins in my diet which I regularly takes everyday. I think I intake about 80-100grams of proteins and an average of 3500 calories on my active days and 50-60grams of proteins and 2400 calories on my non active days.

Nice a 240sx! I just saw you picture in the post your pics post. So I'm guessing you know cars huh? Both of mines are project cars but I tuned my car's physics similar to WRC cars would aside from the engine. So I stress most on total balance and as street legal as it can be appearance-wise.

Mine's the same. They would still prefer if we marry a Cambodian but they won't object to who ever we choose.

My mom cook some pretty exotic food sometimes. I either like it or hate it.
But yeah I don't discriminate food because I love to eat. French, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Khmer, Hmong, Filipino, Mexican, Spanish etc.
I just never like the taste of pork that's about it.
oh i love swimming. plus i am good at it, so i like it alot than running, plus, u can sun bathe, and when people think u are just another one of the tanning freaks, then i get up and jumped in the pool and do some butterfly... hahahah :lol

man, u really do work out alot dont ya. that much calories, i will be real fat. hahahaa

i love having a car hobby, it's not cheap, but it can be so much fun. i would say i do know my car, not gonna say i am anywhere close to being an expert. but i am not tuning my car like WRC, hahahaha... it's gonna be drift tuned. gotta have a diff, BOV, boost controller, roll cage.... etc, all of that cost money, but slowly but surely, i will get them all there! oh and not to forget injectors.... very important too. hhaha

i cook chinese all the time, i dont even go out to eat during the week really. on the weekends, i might go get sushi or mexican. haha but other than that, i cook all the time. and i pretty cook anything except deep frying and baking cakes... never been a big fan of sweet things.

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 24th, '10, 21:35

HongKongChick wrote: oh i love swimming. plus i am good at it, so i like it alot than running, plus, u can sun bathe, and when people think u are just another one of the tanning freaks, then i get up and jumped in the pool and do some butterfly... hahahah :lol

man, u really do work out alot dont ya. that much calories, i will be real fat. hahahaa

i love having a car hobby, it's not cheap, but it can be so much fun. i would say i do know my car, not gonna say i am anywhere close to being an expert. but i am not tuning my car like WRC, hahahaha... it's gonna be drift tuned. gotta have a diff, BOV, boost controller, roll cage.... etc, all of that cost money, but slowly but surely, i will get them all there! oh and not to forget injectors.... very important too. hhaha

i cook chinese all the time, i dont even go out to eat during the week really. on the weekends, i might go get sushi or mexican. haha but other than that, i cook all the time. and i pretty cook anything except deep frying and baking cakes... never been a big fan of sweet things.
I'd only would put a partial roll cage in my supra. Right now she needs some new injectors. The current one is maxed out. I'm stuck at 400hp but I have a 600hp setup but can't go any higher without larger injectors and since its a 1jzgte I need high impedance injectors or I would have to get a resistor box to be able to use low impedance ones. It currently uses a Tec3 ems so its fine tuned making the car very stable and very broad in it's power band. But after the new injectors I will have to get it re-tuned. Wait how did we start talking about cars again?

I just had some vietnamese pho just now that was good. I only eat out during the weekends. My favorites are Japanese and Korean. I actually don't like sweets either but I really love icecream. Icecream always makes me happy.

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 24th, '10, 21:41

PocketKiriyama wrote:
I'd only would put a partial roll cage in my supra. Right now she needs some new injectors. The current one is maxed out. I'm stuck at 400hp but I have a 600hp setup but can't go any higher without larger injectors and since its a 1jzgte I need high impedance injectors or I would have to get a resistor box to be able to use low impedance ones. It currently uses a Tec3 ems so its fine tuned making the car very stable and very broad in it's power band. But after the new injectors I will have to get it re-tuned. Wait how did we start talking about cars again?

I just had some vietnamese pho just now that was good. I only eat out during the weekends. My favorites are Japanese and Korean. I actually don't like sweets either but I really love icecream. Icecream always makes me happy.[/quote]

um... injectors huh? if u ever need to buy injectors, www.deatschwerks.com. it's located in my state, and they are my friends and they are good :thumright: are u on freshalloy.com as well?

oh...pho is freaking good!!!!!!!!!!!! it;s light, but filling!!! if i have to pick something sweet. i would have to go with this yogurt with fruit thingy in hong kong, it's like they mix frozen yogurt with fruits, so it's not too sweet, but not too fattening either. oh.... so good

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 24th, '10, 21:50

HongKongChick wrote: um... injectors huh? if u ever need to buy injectors, www.deatschwerks.com. it's located in my state, and they are my friends and they are good :thumright: are u on freshalloy.com as well?

oh...pho is freaking good!!!!!!!!!!!! it;s light, but filling!!! if i have to pick something sweet. i would have to go with this yogurt with fruit thingy in hong kong, it's like they mix frozen yogurt with fruits, so it's not too sweet, but not too fattening either. oh.... so good
I'm trying to get some 550cc or something in that area. A good used set will be good enough. I know a place where they will flow test and blueprint it for 12 bucks.
I'm not on freshalloy but I am on supramania and hondatech. Also I'm on cardomain. I still update that site when new things gets down. I think we should let this topic go back on track and keep the car talk on a pm instead.

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 24th, '10, 21:55

PocketKiriyama wrote:[ I think we should let this topic go back on track and keep the car talk on a pm instead.
u are right, i even forgot what topic this was anymore. hahhaa :lol

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Mar 25th, '10, 00:08

all I know HKC is that you are smoking hot.
I don;t know what the other guys say but hey...their loss in eyesight is my benefit

wsim

Post by wsim » Mar 25th, '10, 05:09

Always about the food.... with all of the variety of choices and part of the Asian culture, that is the norm, lol. I like all kinds of things and not picky. I seem to have a slight preference for Japanese and Korean but there are a lot of good chinese dishes too. But I would try anything at least once.

HKC, I did not know that is you in your avatar. Like what someone else said, I don't quite get how a lot of asian guys think that you are a bit chubby, chunky, etc. You look perfectly fine and pretty attractive to me. That is their loss, haha.

I don't know much about cars, oddly enough. Speaking of asian stereotypes, I did use to play DDR a lot back in high school. Fun game. I used to be decent at it but nowadays I barely play and pretty much suck.

For sports, I play badminton sometimes. But I do enjoy stuff such as hockey and soccer also, so not entirely "Asianized", lol. On the subject of other hobbies, there is the typical Asian dramas, listening to music, movies, watching some japanese variety tv shows, traveling to different places around the world and so forth. I suppose that I have some typical asian interests/tendencies and others not as much.

Most of my friends are Asian. It just so happens that there are many of them in my area.

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 25th, '10, 12:51

wsim wrote:Always about the food.... with all of the variety of choices and part of the Asian culture, that is the norm, lol. I like all kinds of things and not picky. I seem to have a slight preference for Japanese and Korean but there are a lot of good chinese dishes too. But I would try anything at least once.

HKC, I did not know that is you in your avatar. Like what someone else said, I don't quite get how a lot of asian guys think that you are a bit chubby, chunky, etc. You look perfectly fine and pretty attractive to me. That is their loss, haha.

I don't know much about cars, oddly enough. Speaking of asian stereotypes, I did use to play DDR a lot back in high school. Fun game. I used to be decent at it but nowadays I barely play and pretty much suck.

For sports, I play badminton sometimes. But I do enjoy stuff such as hockey and soccer also, so not entirely "Asianized", lol. On the subject of other hobbies, there is the typical Asian dramas, listening to music, movies, watching some japanese variety tv shows, traveling to different places around the world and so forth. I suppose that I have some typical asian interests/tendencies and others not as much.

Most of my friends are Asian. It just so happens that there are many of them in my area.
I just happened to move into a city where the majority is white but there are some Asians around.

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 25th, '10, 15:33

wsim wrote:Always about the food.... with all of the variety of choices and part of the Asian culture, that is the norm, lol. I like all kinds of things and not picky. I seem to have a slight preference for Japanese and Korean but there are a lot of good chinese dishes too. But I would try anything at least once.
that goes with picking ur mate too right? :P
wsim wrote:HKC, I did not know that is you in your avatar. Like what someone else said, I don't quite get how a lot of asian guys think that you are a bit chubby, chunky, etc. You look perfectly fine and pretty attractive to me. That is their loss, haha.
yes that is me. not Tavia (i wish though :P) u will get it when u see me next to a 90 pound Asian girl. :( and those are everywhere in Asia
wsim wrote:I don't know much about cars, oddly enough. Speaking of asian stereotypes, I did use to play DDR a lot back in high school. Fun game. I used to be decent at it but nowadays I barely play and pretty much suck.

heck, i used to play DDR too, but i sucked back then even. :) now Badminton and soccer are very typical sports that Asians play. though u dont play table tennis, but i do, and i am not bad at all. hahaha :D

lots of asian in Vancouver? NO WAY..... whahahaha :roll :lol

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 25th, '10, 15:35

PocketKiriyama wrote:
I'm trying to get some 550cc or something in that area. A good used set will be good enough. I know a place where they will flow test and blueprint it for 12 bucks.
I'm not on freshalloy but I am on supramania and hondatech. Also I'm on cardomain. I still update that site when new things gets down. I think we should let this topic go back on track and keep the car talk on a pm instead.
cardomain huh? i used to be on there, i just deleted my account not too long ago.... i am a member of tooooooooo many forums and i was just cleaning up. :mrgreen:

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 25th, '10, 15:37

PocketKiriyama wrote:
I just happened to move into a city where the majority is white but there are some Asians around.
um... same here, here in the south, and country, we dont have too many asians. heck, most of these people probably have not even been out of the country.

so needless to say, i am always been stared at wherever i go. but i did get alot of attention at school. and professors liked me. maybe coz i was exceptionally good at English in comparison to other international students :whistling:

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 25th, '10, 15:59

HongKongChick wrote: um... same here, here in the south, and country, we dont have too many asians. heck, most of these people probably have not even been out of the country.

so needless to say, i am always been stared at wherever i go. but i did get alot of attention at school. and professors liked me. maybe coz i was exceptionally good at English in comparison to other international students :whistling:
Which state are you in? I'm just really curious. I was pretty good at DDR back then but now even though I'm not as good as before I could still beat Max 300.

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Mar 25th, '10, 16:12

PocketKiriyama wrote:
HongKongChick wrote: . I was pretty good at DDR back then but now even though I'm not as good as before I could still beat Max 300.
Did anybody play the Korean version Pump It Up?
Playing DDR then trying to play that screwed my head UP! :blink

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 25th, '10, 16:14

PocketKiriyama wrote:
HongKongChick wrote: um... same here, here in the south, and country, we dont have too many asians. heck, most of these people probably have not even been out of the country.

Which state are you in? I'm just really curious. I was pretty good at DDR back then but now even though I'm not as good as before I could still beat Max 300.
haha... take a guess. here are some tips

1. we have only two seasons, sweating your balls off summer and freeze your balls winter
2. we like BBQ
3. we talk slow
4. we say y'all
5. we say "purdy" instead of pretty
6. we are neighbor of Texas
7. football is our life

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 25th, '10, 16:17

Fantastical wrote: Did anybody play the Korean version Pump It Up?
Playing DDR then trying to play that screwed my head UP! :blink
I'm pretty good at that too and pretty much any dance games.

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 25th, '10, 16:18

HongKongChick wrote: haha... take a guess. here are some tips

1. we have only two seasons, sweating your balls off summer and freeze your balls winter
2. we like BBQ
3. we talk slow
4. we say y'all
7. football is our life
Wow. I just wanted to make sure but now I know which state.

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 25th, '10, 16:25

PocketKiriyama wrote:
HongKongChick wrote: haha... take a guess. here are some tips

2. we like BBQ
3. we talk slow
4. we say y'all
7. football is our life
Wow. I just wanted to make sure but now I know which state.
hehehe.... um. if you guys want to take a guess too...

so what's ur answer?

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 25th, '10, 16:26

HongKongChick wrote:

so what's ur answer?
It starts with an L.

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 25th, '10, 16:29

PocketKiriyama wrote:
HongKongChick wrote:

so what's ur answer?
It starts with an L.
no, we dont make hot sauce...

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 25th, '10, 16:33

HongKongChick wrote:
PocketKiriyama wrote:
HongKongChick wrote:

so what's ur answer?
It starts with an L.
WHAT?! I'm wrong?! nooooooo!!!!

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 25th, '10, 16:36

PocketKiriyama wrote:
HongKongChick wrote:
PocketKiriyama wrote:
It starts with an L.
close, but wrong. hahahahaah

that's it for you my friend. :)

COME ON PEOPLE, GUESS what state!! one chance!! :cheers:

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 25th, '10, 16:38

HongKongChick wrote:
PocketKiriyama wrote:
HongKongChick wrote:
close, but wrong. hahahahaah

that's it for you my friend. :)

COME ON PEOPLE, GUESS what state!! one chance!! :cheers:
well there's only 2 other states left that borders texas so its either new mexico or oklahoma

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 25th, '10, 16:43

PocketKiriyama wrote:
well there's only 2 other states left that borders texas so its either new mexico or oklahoma
plus Arkansas

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 25th, '10, 16:47

HongKongChick wrote:
PocketKiriyama wrote:
plus Arkansas
dammit! i lose again!

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 25th, '10, 16:55

PocketKiriyama wrote:
HongKongChick wrote:
PocketKiriyama wrote:
plus Arkansas
dammit! i lose again!
WHAHAHA there is this thing called Google..... :lol :lol :lol :lol

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 25th, '10, 17:15

HongKongChick wrote:
PocketKiriyama wrote:
HongKongChick wrote:
plus Arkansas
dammit! i lose again!
WHAHAHA there is this thing called Google..... :lol :lol :lol :lol
I FAIL

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 25th, '10, 17:17

epic fail! :)

Cherek

Post by Cherek » Mar 25th, '10, 21:05

:w00t: You 2 reign the forums, not that it bothers me :-) but when I check for updates its alrdy 2 pages ahead :lol

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 25th, '10, 21:27

Cherek wrote::w00t: You 2 reign the forums, not that it bothers me :-) but when I check for updates its alrdy 2 pages ahead :lol
LOLz were are just bored. I work 3rd shift came out of work now I'm watching my nephews. I would probably only get like 4-5 hours of sleep daily and I work like 50-60 hours a week. So while while watching them I surf the net and watch tv.

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 25th, '10, 21:52

yea, that's what i do during the mornings.... surf the net, and reply to forum posts... ahahah.... my real work doesnt start till after noon! AHAHAHAA

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 25th, '10, 22:35

HongKongChick wrote:yea, that's what i do during the mornings.... surf the net, and reply to forum posts... ahahah.... my real work doesnt start till after noon! AHAHAHAA
My parents are finally back so I can sleep now.......5 hours until work. oh man...

wsim

Post by wsim » Mar 26th, '10, 02:24

HongKongChick wrote:yea, that's what i do during the mornings.... surf the net, and reply to forum posts... ahahah.... my real work doesnt start till after noon! AHAHAHAA
Damn, you are lucky. I can only visit a few sites outside of the work intranet. All the fun or interesting stuff is pretty much locked. That is what happens when you are in a government organization.

When it comes to girls that I like, doesn't matter if they are Korean, Japanese or Chinese. If they are Asian and look at least average, I would probably be at least somewhat interested initially. Some of my friends think that I'm too picky but I don't think so, lol.

Oh yeah, I play pool or billiards once in awhile. I'm just okay at badminton but against the real hardcore people, I get owned every single time.

For the "state" guess - Oklahoma? :unsure:

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 26th, '10, 02:27

wsim wrote: Damn, you are lucky. I can only visit a few sites outside of the work intranet. All the fun or interesting stuff is pretty much locked. That is what happens when you are in a government organization.

When it comes to girls that I like, doesn't matter if they are Korean, Japanese or Chinese. If they are Asian and look at least average, I would probably be at least somewhat interested initially. Some of my friends think that I'm too picky but I don't think so, lol.

Oh yeah, I play pool or billiards once in awhile. I'm just okay at badminton but against the real hardcore people, I get owned every single time.

haha.. coz i work at home. WHAHAHA :lol but when i worked at an office in hong kong. none of the sites are locked, but i had no time whatsoever to surf at all. and when i get home, i went to sleep. overtime everyday till 10pm does that to you..

wow... yes, oklahoma it is!!!! :cheers: how u figured?

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 26th, '10, 12:51

wsim wrote:
Damn, you are lucky. I can only visit a few sites outside of the work intranet. All the fun or interesting stuff is pretty much locked. That is what happens when you are in a government organization.

For some reason I thought about going to Oklahoma one time just to chase tornadoes LOL.
Anyway I would date any asian too she just got to be at least average looking. But what makes it hardest is that I'm really picky. I like a girl that can drive, wears nice glasses, work on cars, can probably hold her own in self defense (sorry I'm not digging the princess in distress thing because my girl better know how to kick some ass), have an IQ higher than me, and hopefully she makes as much or better yet more money than me!!! I like the idea of paying for each other's food. I don't like it that stereotypically the guy have to pay for everything. If that's what she wanted the guy to do in a relationship, then its not going to go far. A girl who likes a guy would think about his health and financial well being.

Like I said before black and white people are near the bottom of my list to date but that doesn't mean I won't date them. It's just that the cultural and interests are too great and she may never understand me. BTW Indians would be at the bottom. Do not ask me why.

Cherek

Post by Cherek » Mar 26th, '10, 14:10

PocketKiriyama wrote: and hopefully she makes as much or better yet more money than me!!!
Isnt that a recipe for disaster? :P

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 26th, '10, 14:17

Cherek wrote:
PocketKiriyama wrote: and hopefully she makes as much or better yet more money than me!!!
How's it a recipe for disaster?

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 26th, '10, 14:33

PocketKiriyama wrote:
well for starters, men always seem to have an issue when it comes to their women making more money, paying for the meals more than you, taking care of the bills..... i mean to me, sorry to disappoint you, i like the old fashion.... i can make more money than him, pay for dinner every now and then, but he will have to the be main provider. but i dont mean he has to pay for everything, but at least when we go out, he will probably have to.

i think there is always a way to work it out. say, when u go out, go to cheap places instead of 5 star restaurants. cook at home rather than going out, that's romantic. i just dont see the big deal if the guy has to be the paying one. now, if the girl wants that, plus expensive restaurants and bling bling all the time, well she is not worth it. i am not that type, i have never expected the guy to pay for every meal, but most. i have never wanted to clean out the guy's wallet just to eat at a fancy restaurant so i look good, and feel good and can brag about it with friends... i find those girls retarded.

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 26th, '10, 14:50

HongKongChick wrote: now, if the girl wants that, plus expensive restaurants and bling bling all the time, well she is not worth it. i am not that type, i have never expected the guy to pay for every meal, but most. i have never wanted to clean out the guy's wallet just to eat at a fancy restaurant so i look good, and feel good and can brag about it with friends... i find those girls retarded.
That's what I'm talking about. Don't get me wrong I usually pay for who ever I take out to eat be it a dude a girl.
About her making more money than me...well I just like a girl that can make a living. I have no problem if she keeps most of her money and I pay for the rent or what ever. I could go into detail but that might just turn into an essay instead.

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 26th, '10, 16:03

PocketKiriyama wrote:
That's what I'm talking about. Don't get me wrong I usually pay for who ever I take out to eat be it a dude a girl.
About her making more money than me...well I just like a girl that can make a living. I have no problem if she keeps most of her money and I pay for the rent or what ever. I could go into detail but that might just turn into an essay instead.
hell when i was living pay check to pay check in college, i still paid for the meal sometimes when i was out with a guy.

i like when girls can be financially responsible. it's hard to find these days. girls, especially the typical Asian girls love to be pampered. hell who wouldnt? but the fact is, if they eventually want to get married. they need to give the guy some room to save. oh another thing, i hate it hate it when girls want this extravagant wedding with the moon and the stars, buying a 5000 wedding dress. really? giving me a f*king break. no one wears their wedding dress ever again, so why spend so much? why not use that money to go on a kick ass honeymoon instead, hell vegas would be ideal! :P

and girls love to have LV and Gucci. the hell with that i say. i hate those girls. they carry nothing but that, and i despise it. there is no style whatsoever, it's a bag full of LV logos... woooo whoopi dooo.... a 20 dollar purse can have the same function and even a style that sets you apart from others... jeeze..

ok, i should stop, or else it will be a long freaking essay :D

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 26th, '10, 16:33

HongKongChick wrote: hell when i was living pay check to pay check in college, i still paid for the meal sometimes when i was out with a guy.

i like when girls can be financially responsible. it's hard to find these days. girls, especially the typical Asian girls love to be pampered. hell who wouldnt? but the fact is, if they eventually want to get married. they need to give the guy some room to save. oh another thing, i hate it hate it when girls want this extravagant wedding with the moon and the stars, buying a 5000 wedding dress. really? giving me a f*king break. no one wears their wedding dress ever again, so why spend so much? why not use that money to go on a kick ass honeymoon instead, hell vegas would be ideal! :P
Yep. I like asian girls but yeah typically they loved to be pamper that is why I'm so picky.

HongKongChick you might get along with my sister. You just said almost the exact same word she said about wedding dresses and how much to spend on the wedding. She said "why have a big wedding just small one is fine. I'd rather take that money and have an unforgettable honeymoon instead!".

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Mar 26th, '10, 17:15

HongKongChick wrote:
PocketKiriyama wrote:
hell when i was living pay check to pay check in college, i still paid for the meal sometimes when i was out with a guy.

and girls love to have LV and Gucci. the hell with that i say. i hate those girls. they carry nothing but that, and i despise it. there is no style whatsoever, it's a bag full of LV logos... woooo whoopi dooo.... a 20 dollar purse can have the same function and even a style that sets you apart from others... jeeze..

ok, i should stop, or else it will be a long freaking essay :D
two words
Coach Bag :lol
you know what i'm talking about.
I kid I kid

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 26th, '10, 17:26

Fantastical wrote:
two words
I kid I kid
lol true. i do own a few coach bags.. and plenty of their accessories. though i do have a reason for them.

i just love their accessories. it's cheap, relatively, and very cute. and i buy them at the outlet malls, so even cheaper... oh when i was in vegas this new year, i bought a 8 pack of coach coasters, all leather in different colors. they were about 30 bucks, which to my rational thinking, 30 bucks for 8 leather coasters is actually pretty damn good, since i had my eye on some leather coasters that went for 5 bucks a piece, i think i will take the coach ones. haha

and the purses that i had from coach were for work. having to work in the materalistic Hong kong, i had to equip myself with something of the upper middle class range, i was working in marketing and i had to meet with CEOs and such. so i kinda had to dress up and be presentable to them.

but i after i quit that job, i have not bought one single coach bag anymore. haha.. :lol

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 26th, '10, 17:28

Fantastical wrote: two words
I kid I kid
You kid me not!!! It seems all the females I know love Coach products that includes my mom too.

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 26th, '10, 17:31

PocketKiriyama wrote:
I kid I kid
You kid me not!!! It seems all the females I know love Coach products that includes my mom too.
that's the exact reason why i dont buy coach bags no more. u should know me by now that i like to be unique

Cherek

Post by Cherek » Mar 26th, '10, 20:39

HongKongChick wrote:
PocketKiriyama wrote:
I kid I kid
that's the exact reason why i dont buy coach bags no more. u should know me by now that i like to be unique
Isnt that the mindset of most women? :w00t:
I mean they all want an (exclusive) designer bag BUT one that isnt mass produced preferably only one that exists in the world :P well am I right HKC?

Cherek

Post by Cherek » Mar 26th, '10, 20:55

PocketKiriyama wrote:
Cherek wrote:
Well I was talking from a long-term relationship (marriage) point of view. I strongly believe the man will always be the main provider of the family, it is just something from the stone age (same as why females are attracted to athletic man and males are attracted to nice curves it all goes back to the need for reproducing). So it goes againt nature when you have a big house but the wife pays the greater part and when buying a high class SUV's or sending kids to a to a good school it would take a great effort for me not to feel ashamed. But hey thats my 2 cents :roll

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Mar 26th, '10, 21:47

Cherek wrote:
PocketKiriyama wrote:
Cherek wrote:
Well I was talking from a long-term relationship (marriage) point of view. I strongly believe the man will always be the main provider of the family, it is just something from the stone age (same as why females are attracted to athletic man and males are attracted to nice curves it all goes back to the need for reproducing). So it goes againt nature when you have a big house but the wife pays the greater part and when buying a high class SUV's or sending kids to a to a good school it would take a great effort for me not to feel ashamed. But hey thats my 2 cents :roll
I gotta think and formulate my words on that carefully.

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 27th, '10, 01:38

Cherek wrote:
Isnt that the mindset of most women? :w00t:
I mean they all want an (exclusive) designer bag BUT one that isnt mass produced preferably only one that exists in the world :P well am I right HKC?
yes it is the mindset of MOST women! like i said, i am over that. designer bags mean expensive, and i am cheap

wsim

Post by wsim » Mar 27th, '10, 04:34

To be honest, I don't know of any Asian girl who doesn't have a coach bag, lol.

As for the Oklahoma guess being correct HKC, I had a couple of cousins who went to university there and randomly popped up in my mind. I agree that the guy shouldn't pay for everything. Having the girl pay for her own meal sometimes would be more than fair, in my opinion.

I wouldn't stick with a girl if she never bothered to pay for anything.

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Mar 28th, '10, 06:27

HongKongChick wrote: damn straight i did. i do have good friends there, but really, generally, i dont get along with hongkies.

they are a bunch of copycats stuck between chinese and japanese. no individual style, just copy...
I think there is some truth to that. Hongkies like to see themselves as very modern, fashionable, and rich - and superior to the upstart peasants up north. And who do they look up to the most? The first modern, rich country in Asia, ie Japan.

And you are certainly not fat. But then again, it is all relative. Compared to a (stereo)typical Asian woman who looks like she hasn't eaten in the last few weeks, you may be fat. But personally I would consider the stereotypical women to be skinny or malnourished and even sometimes dangerously thin. I think that because Asians (especially those living in Asia) are generally quite thin (though this is beginning to change), there is immense pressure on women especially to be as thin as everyone else. And on women's looks too. Anyone who has some visible fat is immediately obese.

Compared to the average American (or Australian for that matter, we're nearly as obese) you are positively slim.

I can see why many Asian guys (especially those fresher off the plane, so to speak) would not see you as a suitable partner, but it's their loss - there are lots of guys out there who want a sensible, intelligent and capable partner who can carry more than a gucci handbag at one time. Even if she does know much more about cars than him!

R6Guy

Post by R6Guy » Mar 28th, '10, 07:26

Very interesting topic. Almost surprised to see something like this here, but then again in any community with alot of Asians, this topic always manages to spring up. I read something very interesting on another website on said topic and thought sharing would be appropriate.
Those (Asian couples) that choose to remain with each other are stamped as 'Asian and foreign', while on an unspoken but quite apparent level - only Asian women are afforded the opportunity to mingle and integrate into white social circles and white families.

The psychological pressure on the Asian woman to conform becomes immensely powerful, given the life-long indoctrination she is given by a mainstream American media that is completely devoid of images of Asian faces and depictions of viable Asian-American couples/families. This will gradually and inevitably destroy the kindred bond the Asian female shares with the Asian male from a young age, and the damage is thorough and complete.

In other words, the internalized racism that Asian-American children learn from the American Media destroys their ethnic self-esteem - and this in turn erodes the ability of the Asian-American boy and girl to love each other as adults.

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 28th, '10, 12:49

R6Guy wrote:Very interesting topic. Almost surprised to see something like this here, but then again in any community with alot of Asians, this topic always manages to spring up. I read something very interesting on another website on said topic and thought sharing would be appropriate.
Those (Asian couples) that choose to remain with each other are stamped as 'Asian and foreign', while on an unspoken but quite apparent level - only Asian women are afforded the opportunity to mingle and integrate into white social circles and white families.

The psychological pressure on the Asian woman to conform becomes immensely powerful, given the life-long indoctrination she is given by a mainstream American media that is completely devoid of images of Asian faces and depictions of viable Asian-American couples/families. This will gradually and inevitably destroy the kindred bond the Asian female shares with the Asian male from a young age, and the damage is thorough and complete.

In other words, the internalized racism that Asian-American children learn from the American Media destroys their ethnic self-esteem - and this in turn erodes the ability of the Asian-American boy and girl to love each other as adults.
Wow!

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 28th, '10, 12:51

aimlesswanderer wrote:
HongKongChick wrote: damn straight i did. i do have good friends there, but really, generally, i dont get along with hongkies.

they are a bunch of copycats stuck between chinese and japanese. no individual style, just copy...
I think there is some truth to that. Hongkies like to see themselves as very modern, fashionable, and rich - and superior to the upstart peasants up north. And who do they look up to the most? The first modern, rich country in Asia, ie Japan.

And you are certainly not fat. But then again, it is all relative. Compared to a (stereo)typical Asian woman who looks like she hasn't eaten in the last few weeks, you may be fat. But personally I would consider the stereotypical women to be skinny or malnourished and even sometimes dangerously thin. I think that because Asians (especially those living in Asia) are generally quite thin (though this is beginning to change), there is immense pressure on women especially to be as thin as everyone else. And on women's looks too. Anyone who has some visible fat is immediately obese.

Compared to the average American (or Australian for that matter, we're nearly as obese) you are positively slim.

I can see why many Asian guys (especially those fresher off the plane, so to speak) would not see you as a suitable partner, but it's their loss - there are lots of guys out there who want a sensible, intelligent and capable partner who can carry more than a gucci handbag at one time. Even if she does know much more about cars than him!
I seemed to notice that the "anorexic beauty" that asians preferred have an exception. Most of the actresses I see for as long as I remember looks more fit if not quite plump sometimes in Japan unlike other asian countries.

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 28th, '10, 13:23

wsim wrote:To be honest, I don't know of any Asian girl who doesn't have a coach bag, lol.

actually, the statement should be "to be honest, i dont know of any Asian girl who doesnt have a LV bag"

LV and Gucci are definitely more of a popular choice of handbags than Coach

i have a "friend" who works for Tod, but before that, she worked for Gucci, and when i hung out with her, she would say "oh next time, ask your boyfriend to buy you a Gucci or Tod instead, Coach isnt good enough"

ya..... annoyed i was.

that one reason i stuck to Coach when i was in HOng Kong, coz most girls dont carry Coach, which makes Coach more unique. :P

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 28th, '10, 13:29

aimlesswanderer wrote:

oh yes, u said it completely absolutely right. i hate to say it, but us, honkies dont like our "comrades" up north much.. many honkies think they are gold diggers (those who marry hong kong guys so they could come live in hong kong) or poor, and uncivilized. so yea, we are racist against our own. so sad. and honkies dont like to admit that they are Chinese. they rather say they are British from Hong kong, which pisses me off like none other. black hair, check. dark brown eyes, check. that kinda makes us Chinese. :roll

i know i am not FAT, and i am confident about myself, just that when i am among my honkie peers, i feel fat, it's peer pressure for sure. that's what i tell my parents why i decided to have my life in the states instead of HK, coz my self-esteem is always at the lowest of the lowest when i am in hong kong, i know it's stupid, but it's true.

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 28th, '10, 13:42

I'm in Chicago right now and just had a club night to celebrate my sister's birthday. This was actually funny but the club has 2 floors and the second floor was full of desperate white guys and the girls up there got annoyed and came back down. The black guys was much more less desperate (ironically I always thought they would be the one trying to get some ass) and a lot cooler too. I there's so much of them white guys that my younger brother was cockblocking everyone. Weird. Well I've only heard it from my sister since I was knocked out in the car sleeping like a baby. LOL

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 28th, '10, 14:59

WAIT? DOES THIS MEAN I HAVE A CHANCE WHEN I GET TO KOREA?

lol x] I haven't had no connection to Asian people what so ever(in real life; except tourists) so I don't know.

Cherek

Post by Cherek » Mar 29th, '10, 23:25

tch, what happened? this was one of the most active topics and now its dead, did some of you guys exchange IM ID's and left this place? :D

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Mar 30th, '10, 07:48

HongKongChick wrote: oh yes, u said it completely absolutely right. i hate to say it, but us, honkies dont like our "comrades" up north much.. many honkies think they are gold diggers (those who marry hong kong guys so they could come live in hong kong) or poor, and uncivilized. so yea, we are racist against our own. so sad. and honkies dont like to admit that they are Chinese. they rather say they are British from Hong kong, which pisses me off like none other. black hair, check. dark brown eyes, check. that kinda makes us Chinese. :roll

i know i am not FAT, and i am confident about myself, just that when i am among my honkie peers, i feel fat, it's peer pressure for sure. that's what i tell my parents why i decided to have my life in the states instead of HK, coz my self-esteem is always at the lowest of the lowest when i am in hong kong, i know it's stupid, but it's true.
HK itself is quite a recent phenomenon. During the years after HK first started to take off in late 19thC, China was the backwards, unstable, eventually Communist, dangerous place up north. Hongkies by contrast were semi European (so they like to think!), advanced, rich, sophisticated, modern and trendy. Though from what I hear, attitudes towards "Mainlanders" have changed a bit recently, as the Hongky economy becomes ever more dependant on China (especially tourists). I heard that when the yuan appreciated to better than 1:1 to the HKD it was taken as a sign of the shift of economic power. Witness also the rapid rise in Mandarin speaking ability and the relative decline in English speaking.

Not only physically, but genetically. A majority of HK's resident's ancestors came from Guangdong and other provinces of China after all! Hard to deny, though some people try hard. Why let that pesky reality get in the way of your fantasies?!

I have heard of the 'gold digging mainlanders seducing our good Hongky men' thing before. However, Hongky women should also look to themselves, since many guys are put off by typical vapid high maintenance Hongky women. Also, there is an imbalance of men in HK since female foetuses tend to not make it to birth. That is a Hongky/Chinese/Confucian/primitive cultural trait, and they have no one to blame but themselves.

R6Guy

Post by R6Guy » Mar 30th, '10, 08:25

aimlesswanderer wrote: I think there is some truth to that. Hongkies like to see themselves as very modern, fashionable, and rich - and superior to the upstart peasants up north. !
That's a very interesting point of view considering all the rulers and great historical figures in China's 3000 years of history have almost exclusively been from the north.

Northern and southern Chinese in general seem to have stereotypes of their own as shown in the book "My Country And My People" by Lin Yutang,he described the Northern Chinese as:
Acclimatized to simple thinking and hard living,tall and stalwart,hale,hearty and humorous,onion-eating and fun loving,children of nature,who are in every way more Mongolic and more conservative than the conglomeration of peoples near Shanghai and who suggest nothing of their loss of racial vigour.They are the Honan Boxers,the Shantung bandits and the imperial brigands who have furnished China with all the native imperial dynasties,the raw material from which the characters of Chinese novels of wars and adventure are drawn. - page 17
Whereas he describes southerners as:
Down the southeast coast,south of Yangtse,one meets a different type,inured to ease and culture and sophistication,mentally developed but physically retrogade,loving their poetry and their comforts,sleek under-grown men and slim neurasthenic women,fed on birds nest soup and lotus seeds,shrewd in business,gifted in belles-lettres,cowardly in war,ready to roll on the ground and cry for mamma before the lifted fist descends,offsprings of the cultured Chinese families who crossed the Yangtse with their books and paintings during the end of the Ch'in Dynasty,when China was overrun by barbaric invaders. - page 17
For the significant fact remains that the northerner is essentially a conqueror and the southerner is essentially a trader,and that of all the imperial brigands who have founded Chinese dynasties,none have come from the south of Yangtse river.The tradition developed that no rice-eating southerner could mount the dragon throne and only noodle-eating northerners could. -page 18

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 30th, '10, 12:36

Cherek wrote:tch, what happened? this was one of the most active topics and now its dead, did some of you guys exchange IM ID's and left this place? :D
Not really Cherek I went out of town to Chicago for a few days. Just got back yesterday and then I head over to work with only 3 hours of sleep. I just got back from work now and I'm already responding to this topic. Tired but I'm happy I went had a blast over the weekend.

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 30th, '10, 15:32

aimlesswanderer wrote:
HK itself is quite a recent phenomenon. During the years after HK first started to take off in late 19thC, China was the backwards, unstable, eventually Communist, dangerous place up north. Hongkies by contrast were semi European (so they like to think!), advanced, rich, sophisticated, modern and trendy. Though from what I hear, attitudes towards "Mainlanders" have changed a bit recently, as the Hongky economy becomes ever more dependant on China (especially tourists). I heard that when the yuan appreciated to better than 1:1 to the HKD it was taken as a sign of the shift of economic power. Witness also the rapid rise in Mandarin speaking ability and the relative decline in English speaking.

Not only physically, but genetically. A majority of HK's resident's ancestors came from Guangdong and other provinces of China after all! Hard to deny, though some people try hard. Why let that pesky reality get in the way of your fantasies?!

I have heard of the 'gold digging mainlanders seducing our good Hongky men' thing before. However, Hongky women should also look to themselves, since many guys are put off by typical vapid high maintenance Hongky women. Also, there is an imbalance of men in HK since female foetuses tend to not make it to birth. That is a Hongky/Chinese/Confucian/primitive cultural trait, and they have no one to blame but themselves.
when i said those up north that are gold diggers, i mean those in the south. normally not a whole lot of northerners come to the south... and i have seen quite a bit of those "women" who married hongkong men, they are mostly cantonese so they could communicate with the hong kong husband. and i agree that hong kong women are a bit unbearable but the guys that went up north to have mistresses are the ones well into their 40's or even 50's, have kids and wife at home, yet still wanted someone younger. when women reach that age with kids and everything, they are less unbearable, way less high maintenance, but they also lack the youth that attracts most guys.

my dad works in China, i used to go up there with my mom to see him during the week, and the place he rents is very very close to the border, and let me tell you, i see lots and lots and lots of young attractive mainlanders with little kids living there, and sometimes, we will see the "father". and make no mistake, they are honkies. i think it's f*king disgusting. that's cheating, not just marrying someone from China, that's cheating, them bastards. :x

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 30th, '10, 15:44

northern chinese are in fact taller and bigger and more mellow, i guess u could say. they eat bread and noodles where the southern chinese eat rice and veggies, and it's hot and humid there, so naturally the southerners are a bit shorter and smaller, and crankier.

why did all the war and stuff happen in the north? think about it, back in the day, travelling took a long time. no one wants to freaking travel all the way to the south to have their capital.

the south is more about trades, arts, luxury. since hong kong is by the sea, it makes a great trading city, which the British saw the potential of this little fishing village. and it blew up, and i am proud that we did, but at the same time, let's not forget our roots, let's not forget the history of HK, how much blood, tears, and sweat was there for HK to be where it is now? if i see one more honkie who denies being Chinese, i am gonna punch him/her. it's funny how alot of chinese, even asians, love the western culture so much that they rather be a westerner, dying their hair blonde, wearing blue contacts, fixing their small eyes so they are huge, fixing their nose so it's not flat...etc. have no shame in who u are, shame on you for hating who you are.

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 30th, '10, 15:51

HongKongChick wrote:
when i said those up north that are gold diggers, i mean those in the south. normally not a whole lot of northerners come to the south... and i have seen quite a bit of those "women" who married hongkong men, they are mostly cantonese so they could communicate with the hong kong husband. and i agree that hong kong women are a bit unbearable but the guys that went up north to have mistresses are the ones well into their 40's or even 50's, have kids and wife at home, yet still wanted someone younger. when women reach that age with kids and everything, they are less unbearable, way less high maintenance, but they also lack the youth that attracts most guys.

my dad works in China, i used to go up there with my mom to see him during the week, and the place he rents is very very close to the border, and let me tell you, i see lots and lots and lots of young attractive mainlanders with little kids living there, and sometimes, we will see the "father". and make no mistake, they are honkies. i think it's f*king disgusting. that's cheating, not just marrying someone from China, that's cheating, them bastards. :x
Is there no true love anymore? Damn them bastards!

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 30th, '10, 15:54

PocketKiriyama wrote:
see why i dont date honkies? all goes back to the topic why asian girls dont date asian guys. hahahaha :lol

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 30th, '10, 16:03

HongKongChick wrote:
PocketKiriyama wrote:
see why i dont date honkies? all goes back to the topic why asian girls dont date asian guys. hahahaha :lol
But generally a lot of men are like that. In any country or/and ethnicity.

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 30th, '10, 16:07

PocketKiriyama wrote:
HongKongChick wrote:
PocketKiriyama wrote:
haha..i beg to differ. yes, lots of men cheat, regardless of their origin. but do they cheat, as well as renting/buying a place for the mistress, and have like a complete family in another country? :roll

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 30th, '10, 16:13

HongKongChick wrote:
PocketKiriyama wrote:
HongKongChick wrote:
haha..i beg to differ. yes, lots of men cheat, regardless of their origin. but do they cheat, as well as renting/buying a place for the mistress, and have like a complete family in another country? :roll
It's just not as common as in western countries as it is illegal to have another wife.

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 30th, '10, 17:06

oh, it's illegal too in china/hong kong. but it's not marriage, mistress. while having a family in hong kong. ah... hate stupid men

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 30th, '10, 17:35

HongKongChick wrote:oh, it's illegal too in china/hong kong. but it's not marriage, mistress. while having a family in hong kong. ah... hate stupid men
Ah...that's true

Cherek

Post by Cherek » Mar 30th, '10, 19:43

PocketKiriyama wrote:
Cherek wrote:tch, what happened? this was one of the most active topics and now its dead, did some of you guys exchange IM ID's and left this place? :D
Not really Cherek I went out of town to Chicago for a few days. Just got back yesterday and then I head over to work with only 3 hours of sleep. I just got back from work now and I'm already responding to this topic. Tired but I'm happy I went had a blast over the weekend.
My bad for expecting ppl to have a life besides d-addicts :w00t:

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Mar 31st, '10, 00:00

HongKongChick wrote:oh, it's illegal too in china/hong kong. but it's not marriage, mistress. while having a family in hong kong. ah... hate stupid men
What?
Are the women completely innocent?
Does no woman cheat on their husband or is it that they never get caught or is it supposedly too embarrassing to admit that a wife cheated on his husband.

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 31st, '10, 12:36

Cherek wrote:
PocketKiriyama wrote:
My bad for expecting ppl to have a life besides d-addicts :w00t:
LOL my life revolves around my hobbies but I'm taking a break from my many hobbies and just want to relax these few weeks and just surf the net or play online games. I work too much so my body is kind of trashed right now so I need to relax for a bit as a lot of my hobbies involve some kind of physical activity. But yeah having a d-addicts life isn't so bad.

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 31st, '10, 17:17

Fantastical wrote:
What?
Are the women completely innocent?
Does no woman cheat on their husband or is it that they never get caught or is it supposedly too embarrassing to admit that a wife cheated on his husband.
oh you are completely right..... in the US of A or other western countries.

i was talking about hong kong/china. yes, women cheating on their husbands occur, but still far less than men cheating on their wives. i dont know about other cultures, but in Asia, we still have "some" traditional values when it comes to marriages.

divorce rate in hong kong, as of 2009, 33%. and most divorces were filed by women. hint hint, cheating men!!! HAHAHA :D

The divorce rate in America for first marriage, vs second or third marriage
50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second and 74% of third marriages end in divorce, according to Jennifer Baker of the Forest Institute of Professional Psychology in Springfield, Missouri.”