[Discussion] Tsuki no Koibito

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

Who do you want Rensuke (Kimura Takuya) to end up with?

Maemi (Shinohara Ryoko)
53%
Xiu Mei (Lin Chiling)
25%
Kazami (Matsuda Shota)
8%
Nobody
5%
I don't care
9%

Total votes: 278

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

[Discussion] Tsuki no Koibito

Post by yanie » Mar 23rd, '10, 21:17

The Monday 9 PM slot drama in spring is Tsuki no Koibito ~Moon Lovers~ starring Kimura Takuya, Shinohara Ryoko, Lin Zhiling, Kitagawa Keiko and Matsuda Shota. It will be a love pentagon between the five.

Characters

Kimura Takuya - Hazuki Rensuke
President of REGOLITH, an interior design company. Does everything to accomplish his goal.

Shinohara Ryoko - Ninomiya Maemi
Interior designer. Knows Rensuke since long time ago. Hide feelings for Rensuke.

Lin Zhiling - Liu Xu Mei
Lives in a poor area in Shanghai. Pure and innocent.

Matsuda Shota - Cai Feng Jian / Sai Kazami
Rensuke's right-hand.

Kitagawa Keiko - Oonuki Yuzuki
Charismatic model.

Watanabe Ikkei - Kijihata Togo
REGOLITH employee.

Hamada Gaku - Maehara Tsuguo
Maemi's assistant.

Mikami Kensei - Koizumi Keiichi
REGOLITH employee.

Nishiyama Maki - ERUKA
Yuzuki's model bestfriend.

Mitsushima Hikari - Anzai Rina
Maemi's assistant.

Kasahara Yuki - Nakamura Yuri
REGOLITH employee.

Abe Tsuyoshi - Ming
Xiu Mei's bestfriend.

Nukumizu Yoichi - Tokita Ikuzo
Used to work in a trading company in China. TATORI's master.

Takenaka Naoto - Maruyama Tetsuji
Regular customer of TATORI who drinks sake from daytime. Man with many mysteries.

Nagatsuka Kyozo - Oonuki Shogen
President of MASTPOLE, the No. 1 company in the interior world

Love chart from the MezaNyuu news clip this morning:

Kimura ↔ Shinohara (Love? / Working Partners / he rely on her)

Kimura ↔ Lin (Love?)

Kitagawa → Kimura (Suki!!)

Matsuda → Shinohara (special feelings?)

Matsuda → Lin (special feelings?)

15-secs TV spot:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ijnliz2ydbz
credits to Dashling

Translation of the letters in the TV spot:
Koi wo shitakunarimasu.
(You would want to be in love. [after you watch this drama])

Kimura Takuya, Getsuku(Monday 9PM), Returns.

GetsuKoi
(Getsu Love)

Getsuku KimuRabu

Kowai kurai, ren'ai dorama da.
(It's a love story drama that will make you scared.)

Dai-ren'ai, douzo.
(Here it is, the ultimate romance.)

Kimura Takuya LOVE

GetsuKoi

[written upside down]
Amaku, setsunaku, yabai.
(Sweet, heart-wrenching, amazing)

Tsuki no Koibito
Moon Lovers

Lead by Kimura Takuya

Check out the detailed information on the 24th!
Last edited by yanie on May 20th, '10, 09:46, edited 14 times in total.

zinkognito
United States of America

Post by zinkognito » Mar 23rd, '10, 21:44

KEIKO KITAGAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Mar 23rd, '10, 21:57

SHINOHARA RYOKO!!! omdramagod!!!! I miss her so much XDDD And Matsuda Shota is definitely a plus!!

Edit: wait, is Ryoko the female lead? I hope so.... but judging from the character description, Lin is the love interest :blink

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Mar 23rd, '10, 22:07

waaah finaly~ I've been waiting for more details and as always Kimutaku didn't let us down with such an awesome cast!

oh and btw, many thanks to TimeLesSub for announcing that they are going to hardsub this drama, before even knowing its title or the other cast :D

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 23rd, '10, 22:10

Nomanymore wrote:Edit: wait, is Ryoko the female lead? I hope so.... but judging from the character description, Lin is the love interest :blink
I'm wondering about that too. But judging from the way the articles writes about Ryoko and her character, and how she is mentioned the first before the other co-stars, her role is definitely bigger than Lin.

I updated the first post with the love chart.
Last edited by yanie on Mar 23rd, '10, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Mar 23rd, '10, 22:14

Nomanymore wrote: Edit: wait, is Ryoko the female lead? I hope so.... but judging from the character description, Lin is the love interest :blink
Yes, she will play the leading female role

Fuji TV finally released more details about their upcoming getsu9 dorama "Moon Lovers" starring SMAP's Kimura Takuya (37).

Shinohara Ryoko (36) will play the leading female role. She already stared in a dorama SP last year, but it will be her first actual dorama since taking a break to give birth to her child in 2008. She plays the role of a very skilled interior designer who has been hanging out together with the Kimutaku's role since their student days. Her feelings for him have always been beyond the friend stage, but she kept on hiding them even as an adult. It will be difficult role of a mature and actually strong woman who doesn't have the courage to come clean with her feelings.

Taiwanese actress Lin Chi-ling (35) also will make her first appearance in a Japanese dorama in Moon Lovers. Matsuda Shota (24) and Kitagawa Keiko (23) complete the top-class cast. It's the first time for Matsuda and Kitagawa to work together with Kimutaku.

Matsuda
will play a subordinate of the company president played by Kimutaku. He's a very skillful and obedient worker who even has some great Chinese skills. On the other hand he is also a mysterious person who holds a lot of ambitions and gets involved in a complicated love situation. "I'd like to completely relax during the filming and act all natural," he commented with a great deal of fighting spirit.

Kitagawa will play a charismatic model and daughter of a wealthy family. She's clearly trying to use her youth to get a score with Kimutaku (his role). "It's my first time to play such a role, but I will try my best," she said.

Written by: KawaiiJoyuu
Sources: Sanspo

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Discuss] Tsuki no Koibito (Kimura Takuya, Shinohara Ryo

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 23rd, '10, 22:26

yanie wrote:
It will be a love pentagon between the five.
:lol :lol :lol
Although synopsis looks まあまあ, I will check it for Kimura.

More on it:
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/movie/74588/full/
And here:
http://ameblo.jp/yamabiko141/entry-10489788150.html
Attachments
74588_201003230655254001269346684c.jpg
74588_201003230655254001269346684c.jpg (49.29 KiB) Viewed 11509 times

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Mar 23rd, '10, 22:39

Yokatta :D I read the 1st announcement back then and it said nothing about the president's partner/friend (Ryoko character), only Lin, who he's supposed to 'fall in love' with.. It'll be interesting to see how the relationships turn out..

Ryoko totally boost this drama up on my list for next season lol

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 23rd, '10, 22:48

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20100 ... 48-spn-ent
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20100 ... 5-oric-ent

The articles says that shacho will meet the Chinese lady by coincidence, and she will shake his destiny. It also says the Chinese lady is a beauty, yet poor(financially?), pure and innocent. Shacho will be fascinated by her.

Seem like Kimura's character will be deeply falling in love with Lin's character.

However, there is still a possibility that it will have the same pattern as Long Vacation. Falling in love with the pure and innocent girl in the first half, but got rejected, and then later fall in love with the woman who had always been close with him and he had always think of her as a friend/buddy, but it all change in the last half... but, I dunno...

I will watch this by hanging onto that hope :P I have a feeling that Shinohara's character will be cheering on Kimura and Lin's relationship, acting as a good friend, although she herself has deep feelings for Kimura^^ Judging from the way Shinohara is prioritized in every article, I would say she is technically the female lead.

As for Kimura's character description:
Kimura-san's role is the founder and the president of a number one corporation, he is very stern/strict to his subordinates and always demand good results.
source: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20100 ... mantan-ent

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 23rd, '10, 23:18

According to this article:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20100 ... 10-sph-ent

FujiTV said, "We won't say who is the heroine/female lead among the 3 ladies. Because we do not want to spoil who will end up with Kimura Takuya's character in the end,".

I believe in Shinohara Ryoko!^v^

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Mar 23rd, '10, 23:42

oh now that you say it, it could go like Long Vacation.. then it's even better lol

Lin is very pretty, I 1st saw her in SMAP's PV, looking forwards to her debut too ^^

expression

Post by expression » Mar 26th, '10, 02:23

cant wait....finally something to look forward to in the jdrama scene. tired of these past few seasons so stale

cute_angel

Post by cute_angel » Mar 28th, '10, 03:24

excited to see Keiko-chan again in a dorama!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol

inthecoldbreeze

Post by inthecoldbreeze » Mar 29th, '10, 14:07

so excited! when's the slated airing date? thanks! :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 29th, '10, 14:42

According to an article in Asahi, drama starts in the last third of April:
http://www.asahi.com/showbiz/nikkan/NIK ... 40020.html

放送開始日は4月下旬~5月上旬をめどに調整中.

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/fujitv/news/pub ... tsuku.html

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Mar 31st, '10, 20:45

So, it's a love... dodecahedron? :sweat: Okay, maybe not a dodecahedron, but all the arrows and stuff make everything look so complicated... :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

Well. If Kimura doesn't end up with Shinohara Ryoko, I will eat my toe. :foot: :foot: :foot:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 31st, '10, 20:58

The rest of the casts is announced!
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/fujitv/news/pub ... tsuku.html

You shouldn't miss even a minute or a second of it!
We're also announcing the character's names! Certain meanings hidden in the names!?

Kimura Takuya - Hazuki Rensuke
President of REGOLITH, an interior design company. Does everything to accomplish his goal.

Shinohara Ryoko - Ninomiya Maemi
Interior designer. Knows Rensuke since long time ago.

Lin Zhiling - Liu Xu Mei
Lives in a poor area in Shanghai.

Matsuda Shota - Cai Feng Jian
Rensuke's right-hand.

Kitagawa Keiko - Oonuki Yuzuki
Charismatic model.

Watanabe Ikkei - ??? Togo
REGOLITH employee.

Hamada Gaku - Maehara Tsugio
Maemi's assistant.

Mikami Kensei - Koizumi Keiichi
REGOLITH employee.

Mitsushima Hikari - Anzai Rina
Maemi's assistant.

Nagatsuka Kyozo - Oonuki Shogen
President of MASTPOLE, the No. 1 company in the interior world

An interesting rumor article:
Kimura Takuya's Getsuku Drama Suffer Deficit even before it Begins!

After having troubles in deciding the female casts, the 3 heroines were finally announced last week. However, apparently FujiTV has to accept a big burden for that.

First of all, Shinohara Ryoko-san who will act for the first time ever since her child's birth in 2008. She has actually rejected the offer once, "I'm a mother now, I would like to avoid sweet love stories drama,".

But according to an entertainer reporter, when she heard that the script's content has been changed to an "adult romance story", she accepted the role. But... with some conditions...

"In the end, they also made contact with her husband, Ichimura Masachika and persuaded Shinohara. The conditions are: to make the 2nd series and movie for UNFAIR, the drama she lead. Also they secured a special drama that will be lead by Ichimura." (a source)

As for Kitagawa Keiko who has been pulled from the other drama, "Sunao ni Narenakute", her agency gave some tight conditions to FujiTV, which are: "She will be the female lead for the winter's getsuku and next spring's Thursday drama. Fuji also promised her agency (Stardust) to cast their talents for a few dramas later," (same source)

As for Lin Zhiling, it is a high pay for her.

"She demanded a pay with the same level as a movie's pay, although her appearance in this drama won't be much different like a guest star's appearance. On top of that, her side asked Fuji to pay all of her hotel expenses. She will be staying at a hotel suite for almost 2 months. The total expenses for that is almost 40 million yen,".

According to FujiTV staff, to invite a foreign star, was Kimura Takuya's idea.

Shinohara and Kitagawa's pay are around 3 million yen. (not really sure, but maybe for each episode)

"So the drama will start at the end of April, and it will end in only 7 episodes. To be honest, this drama is predicted to suffer deficit even if the rating surpasses 20%. So if it doesn't surpass 20...." (a source)

source: http://entamegeinounotubo.seesaa.net/ar ... 88543.html
(from Tokyo Sports)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 31st, '10, 23:16

雉畑 - Kijibatake/Kijibata or Ji(chi)hata Togo.
雉: ji, chi, kiji (kunyomi)
畑: hatake, hata

Have no idea how to say it though.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Apr 1st, '10, 10:15

yanie wrote: "So the drama will start at the end of April, and it will end in only 7 episodes.
and now 7 episodes only!!!
his previous drama had 8 episodes... his dramas always starts late at each season and the number of episodes is becoming less and less......

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Apr 1st, '10, 12:49

MisS Lonliah wrote:
yanie wrote: "So the drama will start at the end of April, and it will end in only 7 episodes.
his previous drama had 8 episodes
If the new drama will be great it's better than watching 10 crappy episodes !
Let's hope for it :D

inthecoldbreeze

Post by inthecoldbreeze » Apr 1st, '10, 13:53

Sorvaseven wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote:
I agree :D it doesn't matter if it's long or short, as long as kimutaku is there, it's worth the viewing experience :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 1st, '10, 13:56

Soon every drama will be like a Special, 2 hours one episode.
Let's hope not.
If KimuTaku's in it, I could watch even 150 episodes, but that will probably be a drag... The shorter, the more intense feelings, ne?

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 1st, '10, 14:30

Ethlenn wrote:Soon every drama will be like a Special, 2 hours one episode.
Let's hope not.
If KimuTaku's in it, I could watch even 150 episodes, but that will probably be a drag... The shorter, the more intense feelings, ne?
if i am going to watch this drama, is going to be for Ryoko Shinohara and Keiko Kitagawa :P i think kinutaku is good actor but can't help noticing his acting in every drama is more or less the same (hides from kimutaku fan's rotten tomatoes). :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 1st, '10, 14:51

yes, I noticed that. More or less, I like him, not as others, but^^...

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Apr 1st, '10, 15:02

@ Issy LOL, that's a valid observation, so no rotten tomatoes from my end, dear. :wink:
Ethlenn wrote:Soon every drama will be like a Special, 2 hours one episode.
Let's hope not.
:lol Just what I was thinking! :cheers: They'll call it The KimuTaku Dorama Special, then it'll be The KimuTaku Dorama Hour, then just The KimuTaku Annual Cameo or something. *sigh* The future doesn't seem very bright for us Kimura fans, does it? :hissy:
Ethlenn wrote:If KimuTaku's in it, I could watch even 150 episodes, but that will probably be a drag... The shorter, the more intense feelings, ne?
Maybe that's why Kimura has never done one of those interminable NHK Taiga dramas, eh? XD Although the prospect of him tearing about with a sword, shirtless and in ripped pantaloons (a la Chuno) in a 50-episode jidaigeki -- sounds mighty fine, doesn't it? :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 1st, '10, 15:09

Hmm... let me picture this... And everything's ending on the rocky beach where KT lies naked after big wave just threw him to the shore... upsss... too much :D

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 1st, '10, 15:19

@ Issy LOL, that's a valid observation, so no rotten tomatoes from my end, dear.
@ender's girl. :salut: :salut: :salut: Thank alot dear
to be honest, i was scared when i wrote those lines as i know kimutaku has some very die hrad fans every where. i just can't get all the fuss about him. :mrgreen: (maybe i should quiet when i am still alive :mrgreen: )

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Apr 1st, '10, 15:35

Issy wrote:i think kinutaku is good actor but can't help noticing his acting in every drama is more or less the same. :mrgreen:
what??
:cussing:
His acting is quite unique. I hope you think it's well-meant :P

[/quote]
Last edited by Sorvaseven on Apr 1st, '10, 15:56, edited 2 times in total.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 1st, '10, 15:35

I agree Kimura is just playing a various of himself in almost every drama/ movie he starred. But I think that's just because he never get the role offer to do something different. His role in a 1990 drama SP when he was 17, OTOUTO, was quite different from any role I have ever seen him in, and I think he was brilliant in it. His role was the little brother who suffers tuberculosis.
His very different acting, I think we can see in SMAPxSMAP comedy skits as women roles^^ or that geeky bald guy character with glasses^^ From SxS skits, I know he is actually a versatile actor, but for dramas, he kept being booked by Fuji and TBS with typical kakkoii roles... :unsure: I really think it's time for him to star NTV or TV Asahi dramas, who usually provides wider range of roles (not just the typical ones) XD

Kimura had once mention in WUS about Ninomiya Kazunari's DOOR TO DOOR drama. Nino played the role of a salesman who suffers cerebral palsy. And Kimura said, "I envy Ninomiya-kun... I wish I can get a chance in playing that kind of role,".

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Apr 1st, '10, 15:40

Sorvaseven wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote:
you are definitely right, but my point is .. 7 episodes are usually not enough for a proper development in the story.. so they will either rush everything or end up without a satisfying end ..just like what happened with MR. BRAIN..
again yes sure the content is what matters, but it needs enough time to grow and develop.. anyway, let's hope for a good drama =)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Apr 1st, '10, 15:46

yanie wrote: Kimura had once mention in WUS about Ninomiya Kazunari's DOOR TO DOOR drama. Nino played the role of a salesman who suffers cerebral palsy. And Kimura said, "I envy Ninomiya-kun... I wish I can get a chance in playing that kind of role,".
Nino was AMAZING in his role there and in Marathon ^^ such roles suit him very well..

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 1st, '10, 15:50

@Sorvaseven : actually it's not me who said this, but I have to agree, so no big difference. Maybe the problem is like yanie stated, and the lack of variety is the main cause. I noticed sometimes stations or writers don't want to experiment with an actor, or an actor doesn't want it either. But the problem is: "How can we show this cute/handsome/manly (choose whatever you like) guy as a wimpy/girly/ugly??"
The same goes for Kdramas though. There is a fear of breaking the image.
I don't know why though... This is why i started to watch Asian cinema and dramas: naturality. And now it's vanishing.

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Apr 1st, '10, 15:52

you are definitely right, but my point is .. 7 episodes are usually not enough for a proper development in the story.. so they will either rush everything or end up without a satisfying end ..just like what happened with MR. BRAIN..
Yeah, that would be very sad but i hope the plot fits perfectly in these 7 episodes too.
But we can't do nothing more than wait :P

@yanie: Perhaps the viewers would be disappointed not to see Kimutaku in a typical kakkoii role? Fortunately we have SmapxSmap to see some others of his great skills :-)

@Ethlenn: Sorry, it's now rectified 8)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 1st, '10, 16:01

That's ok, I don't mind, ne^^

nell123

Post by nell123 » Apr 1st, '10, 18:06

OMG! OMG! OMG! I've missed soooooooooo much. :w00t: I can't believe my eyes, 3 of my favorite actors are going to be in a drama together. :thumleft:
And I didn't know about that until today. .. :blink Life and work got in the way of my drama watching.... :glare:

But I have to say that I'm also afraid. One half of the cast has the talent and the skills to make this show great, the other half has the potential to drag it to the bottom. For once, I hope that goodness will prevail and I won't have to drop another drama with Matsuda Shota .... :pray:

Hydeister

Post by Hydeister » Apr 2nd, '10, 13:29

:mrgreen:

L'Arc

Post by L'Arc » Apr 2nd, '10, 14:56

Kitagawa not happy to be just one of many in new Kimutaku dorama
Source: KawaiiJoyuu

I don't think it's bad to be the third in line in a Kimutaku dorama :|

Salz

Post by Salz » Apr 2nd, '10, 16:04

can't wait for this drama<33
Kimutaku, Shinohara Ryoko and Shota<333333333333

im not Keiko and the chinese model fan so i really hope Shinohara Roko is the main lead here and would be the one who end up with Kimutaku because i think she deserve that spot more rather than just being supporting for another newbie actress :P
beside this is her comeback drama and i really want to see her in another great drama especially it is with Kimutaku^^

lol Keiko should feel lucky to act alongside Kimutaku and Shinohara Ryoko instead of complaining, she will getting more attention and can learn more from her senior in acting^^;
she still a young and rising actress, i think it is not wise for her to demand leading role with Kimutaku just because she already feel she is successful enough to be leading girl for Kimutaku and beside that Shinohara Ryoko is already in much different league in term of experience and acting skill than her :P
(well hope Keiko fan will not be mad of me just my opinion and this might just be another rumor only^^;)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 2nd, '10, 16:23

Although I don't think that it's true about Keiko complaining since it's just a rumor article, but I guess since she had been a female lead in another getsuku drama, Buzzer Beat... to be a supporting actress in the same slot is kind of a degradation, indeed^^;;

I just hope Kitagawa has alot more scenes than the Taiwanese super model. She's the enemy's daughter, afterall ^_^

Salz

Post by Salz » Apr 2nd, '10, 16:58

yeah is not that i don't like her just not much her fan and hope the complaining is just a rumor^^;
well i think to act alongside big name actors such as Kimutaku and Shinohara Ryoko in a big budget drama even just as supporting role is good enough and she is still young and have a long future ahead of her im sure she will get another leading drama in a short time after this drama so i don't think there any need to worry much :P
beside there many big actors can/willing to do both leading and supporting role anytime such as Oguri Shun, Eita or Abe Hiroshi when they can take leading role anytime they want but they still does not mind supporting role at the same time :P

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Apr 2nd, '10, 18:05

Seeing how "media insiders" and "industry officials" were quoted as sources of this rumor, I think it's probably a publicity stint than anything else.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 2nd, '10, 23:46

Salz wrote:beside there many big actors can/willing to do both leading and supporting role anytime such as Oguri Shun, Eita or Abe Hiroshi when they can take leading role anytime they want but they still does not mind supporting role at the same time :P
Yup, you're absolutely right :-) But as I'm kind of a fan... feel a bit disappointed her name is placed #5 for this drama XD
At least, I want her to be #3 :P

I wonder how actresses like Mizuki Arisa can keep getting only leading roles(never a supporting role anymore since her leading debut) since 14 years old, her agency is not even that popular, na...

Btw, from the way Keiko-chan write about this drama on her blog, she seem quite excited about this drama, so that's why I think the rumor is not true :roll On March 31, she said script-reading(reciting lines with the other casts while reading the script), cast & staff meeting, also photo shoots for poster were all done and she only have to wait for her filming crank-in now. Everything is going smooth, she said.

There's a rumor that the filming in Shanghai will end on April 6th.

Salz

Post by Salz » Apr 3rd, '10, 07:19

well i think the media just want to bring negative to bring down Keiko name or her Stardust agency^^;
glad to hear she is excited for the drama because i am really excited as well but i heard it just going to be 7ep only, what with Kimutaku drama keep getting shorter and shorter???
seem like the ending going to be rushing and i hate open ending where they don't show who end up with who:(

im not yet Keiko fan but maybe im going to like her in this drama as long as she is not going to be overshadowed by Ryoko or Kimutaku and her character would be interesting :P
yeah her name place 5th kinda disappointing for her since the Chinese model is a newbie in Jdrama but she get all the attention^^;

edit: yeah im kinda curious with Mizuki Arisa as well, it seem like she really popular in Japan and she always get a leading role which make me wonder, i mean she is not a bad actress but not that good either :scratch:
Last edited by Salz on Apr 3rd, '10, 08:28, edited 1 time in total.

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Apr 3rd, '10, 07:58

Salz wrote:what with Kimutaku drama keep getting shorter and shorter???
seem like the ending going to be rushing and i hate open ending where they don't show who end up with who:(
Isn't it too expensive to have him in a drama nowaday? Some Chinese media reported that he gets 6 million yen per episode for this drama while Shinohara and Keiko each gets 3 million per episode and Lin chi ling gets 2.5 million yen. Having Kimura Takuya in your drama demands very high guarantee per episode, not just for him alone but because his costars usually are some A-listers too. Matsuda Shota surely should get more than Lin, so assuming that he also gets 3 million yen, it will cost fujitv almost 18 million yen per episode just for to pay those five actors. :blink

TV stations still want him to star in their drama because he attracts high rating that they need, especially during this period of rating slump all across the board. But they have to find a break-even point somewhere. I don't worry about the rush story line. If they plan to have 7 episodes since the beginning, it should be ok with the pacing. It's not going to end up like some dramas that were cut short because of poor rating. The problem with Mr.Brain I believe is because TBS wanted to have the second season or something afterward but it didn't go as planned. There was a rumor that TBS proposed to have Mr.Brain movie but Kimura rejected the offer.

Salz

Post by Salz » Apr 3rd, '10, 08:37

such a pity with Mr.Brain case, i do like the drama but the open ending disappoint me^^;

wow Kimutaku alone costs so expensive and the rest of A-listers actors also get paid really high lol, Fuji TV really is taking a big risk here 0_o
now i hope every ep get above 20% lol xDD
rating is a scary thing nowadays^^;

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 3rd, '10, 10:37

well, in ideal world. a good ep should get a good rating not just because it is a kimutaku drama. unfortunately this is not the case anymore. so many dramas miss out on good rating and so many bad ones have high rating :roll

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Apr 3rd, '10, 11:27

It's nice to hear that Shinohara is making a comeback. But I'm not excited about this Getsu-ku. There are better dramas to occupy myself than this.

For the money they had to spend, they could have done better than Lin Chiling who will try her darnedest best to act but still only end up being a wallflower. Hmm, having her character as pure and innocent is as good as giving her the license to getaway with another insipid character portrayal.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 3rd, '10, 12:19

So Kitagawa Keiko is in Shanghai too :blink
http://news.chinayes.com/Content/201004 ... 9j7c.shtml

In a panda costume?? Isn't she suppose to be a charismatic model? What's going on here? XD

monocot

Post by monocot » Apr 4th, '10, 16:31

For what it's worth, according to the article, that scene is about Kitagawa's character promoting Kimutaku's new furniture store by distributing leaflets until she got pissed at a pedestrian and had to be restrained from attacking him. :O

(Not that it explains why she's in a panda costume promoting his store in the first place... maybe trying to endear herself to Kimutaku??)

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Apr 5th, '10, 00:09

Just noticed the spring dramas coming up today and excited for this drama with a joint collaboration between two of my favorite Japanese actors: Kimutaku and Shinohara Ryoko. Have they done any dramas or movies together before? What's more exciting is that it's a romance genre. Kimura-san hasn't done one of those in a while.

Yah, I'm not sure about the other casts as well, but hopefully with the two actors above, its enough to make a quality drama.

Edit: Woops haha the first 2 actors were enough to pull me in and almost ignored the others. Love Matsuda Shota and Kitagawa Keiko too. I just don't know about Len li ... ahh the chinese girl. WHO IS SHE?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 5th, '10, 00:40

garnet07 wrote:Just noticed the spring dramas coming up today and excited for this drama with a joint collaboration between two of my favorite Japanese actors: Kimutaku and Shinohara Ryoko. Have they done any dramas or movies together before?
Yes, in Wakamono no Subete/Stay Gold (but their characters never met) and GIFT (one-sided love on Ryoko's side).
garnet07 wrote:I just don't know about Len li ... ahh the chinese girl. WHO IS SHE?
Taiwanese super model, ex-girlfriend of Jerry Yan F4, 35 years old. Has zero TV acting experience. Had only star Tony Leung-Kaneshiro Takeshi's Red Cliff and Jay Chou's Treasure Hunter. Her acting was negatively criticized in the Mandarin ent. world and she has received The Worst Acting award once.

Starred SMAP's Sotto Kyutto PV and according to rumors, she joined this drama's cast upon Kimura's request.

Well... let's hope for the best and just be positive about this drama! :mrgreen:

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Apr 5th, '10, 01:08

yanie wrote: Taiwanese super model, ex-girlfriend of Jerry Yan F4, 35 years old. Has zero TV acting experience. Had only star Tony Leung-Kaneshiro Takeshi's Red Cliff and Jay Chou's Treasure Hunter. Her acting was negatively criticized in the Mandarin ent. world and she has received The Worst Acting award once.

Starred SMAP's Sotto Kyutto PV and according to rumors, she joined this drama's cast upon Kimura's request.

Well... let's hope for the best and just be positive about this drama! :mrgreen:
She has worked with very big names like Tony Leung, Kaneshiro, Jay Chou, and now with Kimura Takuya. All of them considerably are THE superstars of Asia :w00t: This girl is really lucky or she must have the best management agency in the Asian Ent. world to get these acting jobs with close to zero acting experience.

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Apr 5th, '10, 02:15

plz tell me when it gonna be aired i mean the date and if any one announced that they gonna english sub :scratch: the series i adore kimu taku and matsuda shota woooooooow

ps did any one know if the torrent of liar game movie was released or not yet :blink

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Apr 5th, '10, 09:37

^ The drama is airing in May, and SmappieSubs has announced they're subbing it ASAP. :-)

http://community.livejournal.com/smappiesubs/

0xDEADBEEF
Netherlands

Post by 0xDEADBEEF » Apr 5th, '10, 09:42

Salz wrote:well i think the media just want to bring negative to bring down Keiko name or her Stardust agency^^;
The tabloids have been trying to pin diva behaviour on Keiko ever since Sawajiri Erika had a bad hair day under the theory that Stardust breeds them mean.

So far without much success.

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Apr 5th, '10, 10:22

several news sites and blogs announced this drama will start on may 10th.
a bit late, but with seven episodes it will already end by the end of June.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 5th, '10, 11:08

Yup, it has been officially announed that the drama is starting on May 10th :)

News clips of filming in Shanghai and interview with the 5 main casts:

100405 MezaNew (LQ): http://www.mediafire.com/?te5r3mwmqmb
100405 Mezamashi TV (LQ): http://www.mediafire.com/?jooy3muwwid
100405 Tokudane (LQ): http://www.mediafire.com/?zyymgqhun3w
credits to Dashling

Shinohara Ryoko-chan is ADORABLE!!!!!!^o^

Lin looks very, very nervous^^ Well... she shld be, heheh...

Keiko-chan said it's like a dream that she had meals together with the other four and Kimura-Shinohara even divide the salad etc, for her... heehee... yasashii senpai da ne...

Lin's crying scene doesn't look so convincing anymore now I see the moving version XD

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Apr 5th, '10, 11:29

Thanks for the clip! It's impressive to see such a crowd of fans at the set.
But isn't this clip some kind of spoiler? :scratchchin:

I'm really exciting about the new season. So far there a four dramas i'm really looking forward to watch. Of course Tsuki no Koibiti, but also Sunao ni Narenakute with Ueno, Shinzanmono with Abe and Keibuho Yabe Kenzo with Namase.

Let's hope for a good season :cheers:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Apr 5th, '10, 13:05

many thanks for sharing the clips with us yanie ^^

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Apr 6th, '10, 15:16

Oricon Inc. - a company that supplies statistics and information for the media -
made as usual an expectations ranking for spring dorama and here is the result of the top 10:

01 : Tsuki no Koibito (Moon Lovers) - [Kimura Takuya, Shinohara Ryoko, Kitagawa Keiko]
02 : Team Batista 2: General Rouge no Gaisen - [Ito Atsushi, Nakamura Tooru]
03 : Kaibutsu-kun - [Ohno Satoshi, Kawashima Umika]
04 : Shinzanmono - [Abe Hiroshi, Kuroki Meisa]
05 : Sunao ni Narenakute - [Ueno Juri, Eita]
06 : Gegege no Nyobo - [Matsushita Nao, Mukai Osamu]
07 : Keibuho Yabe Kenzo - [Namase Katsuhisa, Kanjiya Shihori]
08 : Yankee-kun to Megane-chan - [Narimiya Hiroki, Naka Riisa]
09 : Zettai Reido - [Ueto Aya, Kitaooji Kinya]
10 : Tumbling - [Yamamoto Yusuke, Seto Koji]

So with no surprising Tsuki no Koibito with Kimura Takuya topped this ranking and Oricon expects very high ratings!
:-)

Source: http://life.oricon.co.jp/75016/full?id=TOP and http://www.kawaii-joyuu.com/

L'Arc

Post by L'Arc » Apr 6th, '10, 15:25

Interesting! Kimura-san even re-entered the Weekly Top 20 Japan Look-Up Rankings because of all those articles regarding his new drama.

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Apr 6th, '10, 15:38

It's curious "Sunao ni Narenakute" is not on the 2nd rank, but i'm content about "Shinzanmono" and "Keibuho Yabe Kenzo". Nevertheless, expectations says nothing about the result...
:P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 6th, '10, 15:49

Just out of curiosity, what rating is considered as high? 35%-40% and over as in K-dramas? Cause I read about one drama (beeep, beeep) being seen like high-rating and it was 15%-23%, so I'm a little confused.

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Apr 6th, '10, 15:55

Yeah, it would be nice to read a definition on Oricon what they imagine about "high ratings", but probably they only want to make a clear differentiation between the expectations.
I guess 20% + are "high ratings" :D

L'Arc

Post by L'Arc » Apr 11th, '10, 19:03

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 11th, '10, 22:23

I don't think there's any dramas over 35% average for a very long time? Most of the popular ones are over 20% at best. Even over 15% are considered good.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 11th, '10, 22:36

@Seirin, btw
thanks for the Yasha
So, everything over 15% is a high-rated drama? Good to know then, thanks :salut:

mowgwie

Post by mowgwie » Apr 11th, '10, 22:53

So why does Matsuda's character have a Chinese name? If the character is supposed to be Chinese, why not cast a Chinese actor?

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 12th, '10, 00:00

Ethlenn wrote:@Seirin, btw
thanks for the Yasha
So, everything over 15% is a high-rated drama? Good to know then, thanks :salut:
15% is good. 20% is great. So far only Takuya has consistently rated over 20%. Only other dramas that get such high ratings are Taiga or period dramas.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 12th, '10, 06:26

Hm, he had even an article on himself in Asahi shinbun, when I have the time I'l scan it and upload it here^^. About his popularity and so on.
Alright, I'll give the first episode a try :mrgreen:

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Apr 12th, '10, 07:08

Here a some examples for typical Kimutaku ratings:

These are only the peak (!) ratings for a single episode. The average is lower.

Beautiful Life 41.3 %
Good Luck!! 37.6 %
Long Vacation 36.7 %
Love Generation 32.5 %
Karei naru Ichizoku 30.4%
Pride 28.8 %
Change 27.4 %
Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi 27.0%%
Engine 25.3 %
Mr. Brain 24.8%

So i think 30% + for some episodes are realistric, for the average at least 20% +.
Well, we have to see... :P

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 12th, '10, 07:42

I agree with seirin, there has been NONE drama passing 30% for the past 3 years. The last time that happened was Karei-naru Ichizoku in the Kansai area. I don't know abt CHANGE ratings in Kansai, but the Kanto ratings didn't hit 30%. Even GALILEO never hit 30.

I predict 20-25% ratings for TsukiKoi.... If it goes below 20, I think I'll weep... XD

mowgwie, probably Matsuda's character is half-Chinese, half-Japanese. His 3-characters name, and especially the surname is definitely Chinese (no Japanese surname exist with that 'Cai' character), but in last WUS Kimura said Matsuda's name is Kazami... hm, maybe its just how to read his name in Japanese, though.

I heard Matsuda's Chinese a bit from the previews... sounds bad XD He should learn more from Abe Tsuyoshi^^

Oh I forgot to add the cast list, Abe Tsuyoshi has joined the casts, he'll play the role of a Chinese guy, as Xiu Mei(Lin Zhiling)'s bestfriend. Abe is half-Taiwanese, right?

Since Matsuda and Abe speaks Chinese in this drama... I'm sure they'll share, at least, a scene together. Kinda happy about this HYD reunion of Sojiro and Akira :P

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 12th, '10, 07:55

More stuff...

Kimura and Lin will be MENS NONNO next issue's cover. This raised another suspicion from fans that Lin is the female lead.

According to Keiko on her blog:
http://star-studio.jp/kitagawa-keiko/index.php?ID=204
She couldn't have a sightseeing tour in Shanghai, due to the crowding fans outside the hotel. During free time, the casts will have fun inside the hotel together playing billiard or going to the gym together. She had dinner together with Kimura, Shinohara, Lin and Shota, every night. And she had fun. Everyone were saying, "It's really rare to start a filming abroad where we get to stay at a hotel together, just like a training camp,". Due to that, everyone got along very well even from the first ep's filming. Keiko also feel glad that they started the filming abroad. As Lin is a part of them, they had conversations with easy Japanese, Chinese and English, mixed. She said, Lin and Matsuda had study abroad experience, so they are fluent in English. Keiko said she also got to practice her English she learned when she studied abroad long time ago.
WUS March 26, Kimura on the drama casts:
I've talked so much about manga today! But, the soon-to-start getsuku drama, ne... is not something from a manga, hahahaha!!! My co-stars will be Shinohara Ryoko-san, Kitagawa Keiko-san, Matsuda Shota-kun and also Lin Zhiling-san who starred our Sotto Kyutto video clip... I've met her once during the PV filming. It would be the best if I can do it "sotto kyutto" too, with Lin Zhiling-san this time. They are all people I'm really looking forward to work together with. And since I already know this, when I saw them on TV commercials, I'd go dokidoki... like when I saw Shinohara Ryoko-san in a TV CM, "Aa~~! I'll be working with her!!" or like when I saw Matsuda Shota-kun's .... tetetetetere (sings) GARIMACHO! .....(laughs) "Aaa... there he is!! I want to do this together with him on the set!!" (laughs)

If I can do that ... tetetetere GARIMACHO thing together with Shota-kun, I'll be very happy, nee... And, the directors are, someone who has also directed ENGINE, director Nishitani... and also Hirano-san. Well, I've worked together with these two tops before... and I heard they will be directing this drama too. As for make-up staff, is Ucchi, who has supported me in so many dramas including CHANGE. I'm really looking forward to it!
About themesong...
Kimura mentioned in WUS last week, "There was a rumor... that Tsuki no Koibito, Moon Lovers' themesong will be sung by SMAP! How can this be leaked out? Since it has leaked out, let's stop this! ....well, actually... it's not true, in the first place... (laughs)"

Does anyone have a guess on the themesong? :roll Utada Hikaru? Amuro Namie? Dreams Come True? Hmm...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 12th, '10, 08:25

And an article in Asahi:
http://www.asahi.com/showbiz/tv_radio/T ... 80286.html

This line is priceless:
 ヒロインは設定せず、視聴者が結末を予想できないようにした。木村たちの恋の駆け引きには、松田翔太も絡んでくる。