[Discussion] JIN (Osawa Takao, Ayase Haruka, Uchino Masaaki)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 10th, '10, 11:14

Peggy wrote:Not too sure I can add anything very enlightening to this puzzle. However, I was thinking that if you look at someone in a "time machine" set at present day. and then begin to travel backwards, then things really do change and sometimes disappear. Some things that exist at present time will not be known or invented even two hundred years ago.
People will not exist and I always wondered how the person in the machine remained the same. Strictly speaking that person travelling should also disappear. :scratch:
If everyone is moving at normal speed but you're moving at the speed of light. You won't be changing. It's all about relativity. Example from Einstein, if you are standing at the train station. Your friend is sitting in a train. The train moves, your friend didn't. But the distance between your friend and you are moving further and further away. If you look at it from the other perspective. Did your friend move or did you move? You're still standing in the same place and your friend is still sitting in the same place. The person time slipping will not be in sync with the rest of people's time. Hence that's why the person "time slipped". What causes the time slip and how is it caused is beyond me. The author seems to claim the fetus or tumour in his brain did. If you want to see an even more messed up story of time travelling you can check out "metro ni notte" The guy seems to time slip back and forth from nowhere. Americans like to use time machines (Time Machine), ships (Star Trek), or worm holes/wrinkles in time holes (Kate and Leopold) for time travelling while Japanese prefers random time slipping.
Peggy wrote: Jin went back into Edo period but for some reason he could remember the Tokyo modern day. Is he unconscious from the fall down the stairs? Is he dreaming all this? How long was the time frame in Edo really?
He didn't really fall down the stairs. During the fall, he time slipped and ended up falling onto the grass. Everything became blurry as he fell. So I guess you can say he's conscious during the fall. Not sure if he was unconscious after the fall. I forgot. Is he dreaming all of it? That's a possibility. It occurred to me that he could be in his hospital bed dreaming up everything. And all the time travelling was a dream. How long was he in Edo? Who knows. The manga is still running. The chart I did was just to explain the concept and ages are not really Jin's exact age.
Peggy wrote: The bandaged man who was brought into the hospital...did Jin actually see him as he fell or did he just know about that patient and saw him in his mind as he fell.
I have no solid idea about the fetus at all. When we saw it in the drama after it was in the hospital..where did it appear anyway.? Can't remember
Does it matter if Jin saw him as he fell? I think he's too busy worrying about his own life if he will live or die in the fall. They never showed the fetus after he time slipped. I'm not sure what you mean where it appear. Where did the fetus disappear to after the time slip? Or you mean how the fetus was found? They didn't show where the fetus went after the time slip so I have no idea. It didn't go through the time slip? It fell somewhere else in time during the slip? Your guess is as good as mine.
Peggy wrote: I think you can't have two Jins. He was in Tokyo and then slipped back to Edo but he did not return. So I wonder who was missing him and looking for him in the hospital?? That is one nebulous reason that I thought he was dreaming all of this lying in his hospital bed after the fall.
If he can time slip into Edo. There's no reason why he can't time slip back into the future. How he can control what time frame he lands is randomness. If people in the hospital were looking for him, he wouldn't be able to find him. They would just think he suddenly disappeared. Last they saw him was at the hospital couch. However the Edo Jin could always come back out after he's recovered and say "I'm back!".

I suppose you can say there's no 2 Jins. They did encounter briefly. The 2010 Jin went back to Edo. The Edo Jin came back to replace 2010 Jin and continued his life. His teeth age would tell you differently how old he is though. He's lost a few years of his life from the present because he spent those years in the past. They are both the same person.

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Jan 10th, '10, 11:34

well, the main problem is our perception. We perceive time as a line because we travel along it as a one-way road. We don't understand how we could meet ourselves because we think of ourselves as "I'm me/ I'm one". Jin don't meet himself at the same place but not at the same which perfectly fits the quantum mechanics theory. Jin meeting himself is just a "superposition of states". If you separate time from place, the fact just become more easy to understand. :)

for Jin, time is a line, his lifepath is a line, but as he travel the time, you must think of the "objective time" ( different from human time) he travels as something like this:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 11th, '10, 05:09

Seirin,
Your post very interesting. I have the temerity to have slight disagreement with Mr. Einstein :unsure:

Hope I am forgiven. If I am on the railway station and it is 10pm and the train moves through the station and my friend is on it and his watch also says 10pm...then when he has gone a mile or so both his watch and mine will also have moved on at the same rate of time. There is no time difference. That is not time slippage No??? We are still in the same area of a country and I can call friend on phone when he gets to station down the line. The time will be the same for him and for me. We are still connected in time and place really.

The idea of time travel as in "JIN" is that he departs this life and time and enters into a life and time a few hundred years ago. He knows where he is because history tells him and he is still his modern self and he is an educated man. Thus he knows that Ryoma will die but he is not sure exactly how or when. That is why he messes things up a bit and tries to save him.
I am still trying to understand why he does not settle down with his "nurse" since she obviously find him important in her life. Maybe he does, later in the untold story, and then his descendants will include a male who will be just like him who will then meet up with the Miki born in the family line of Nokase. So JIN will not exist again back in his modern life. He will stay in Edo and be a doctor there and start his ongoing family line.

It's quite fascinating to think about the possibilities and we will never nail it down because this manga premise is such a wonderful imaginary situation.

Peggy

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 11th, '10, 08:51

Peggy wrote:Seirin,
Your post very interesting. I have the temerity to have slight disagreement with Mr. Einstein :unsure:

Hope I am forgiven. If I am on the railway station and it is 10pm and the train moves through the station and my friend is on it and his watch also says 10pm...then when he has gone a mile or so both his watch and mine will also have moved on at the same rate of time. There is no time difference. That is not time slippage No??? We are still in the same area of a country and I can call friend on phone when he gets to station down the line. The time will be the same for him and for me. We are still connected in time and place really.
That was just a basic concept and it was a relativity in position. Not in time. If you sped up the train and it moved at light speed. You won't be at the same time frame anymore. One second to the person in the train may be years for the person outside sending you off.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 12th, '10, 08:01

Seirin,

That's a different kettle of fish of course.

I just rewatched the very end of the last episode of JIN. I simply do not understand why Jin would "see" the fetus with wide open eyes after he fell from the wooden stool when putting up the sign. It seemed to me that that moment would send him back to his modern time, since he fell after seeing the fetus when falling (?)on the stairs. If he didn't fall on the stairs but simply fell unconcious, then what was the importance of him seeing the fetus with open eyes after falling in Edo. The photo has vanished so there was no longer his ticket back to his time. These 'inconsistencies' if that is what they were, are the things that make this drama so convoluted and interesting.
He solved a lot of medical problems in Edo and yet he could not solve the problem for Miki in Tokyo. He did a remarkable surgery for Nokase, but she walked away and that was a wrenching scene for both of them. Did that provide the final step to make him stay in Edo? there was no more changing photo. Did Jin die in Tokyo then and if so who was left in Edo.

The maze is fascinating to work on. So many ways to send each clue.

Peg

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Jan 12th, '10, 08:13

I didn't think he saw the fetus after he fell from the stool. I think it's more likely he sees the photo reappear. Or rather, maybe what they meant to show was that Jin narrated he no longer had those headaches. But after he fell from the stool and got the headache, his "ah" meant that "Crap, they're back." :whistling: But yeah, I think the photo reappearing would be the most likely thing to happen. I think it'd be so much more interesting (to me) if they explored the time travel aspect more.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 12th, '10, 16:14

Peggy wrote: I just rewatched the very end of the last episode of JIN. I simply do not understand why Jin would "see" the fetus with wide open eyes after he fell from the wooden stool when putting up the sign. It seemed to me that that moment would send him back to his modern time, since he fell after seeing the fetus when falling (?)on the stairs. If he didn't fall on the stairs but simply fell unconcious, then what was the importance of him seeing the fetus with open eyes after falling in Edo.
I think the fetus opening its eyes scene doesn't represent him going back or forwards into time. They seem to show it every episode or so randomly it lost its meaning.
Peggy wrote:The photo has vanished so there was no longer his ticket back to his time. These 'inconsistencies' if that is what they were, are the things that make this drama so convoluted and interesting.
The photo vanishing doesn't mean much either. When he saved Nokaze, he changed history. Miki probably wasn't born so the photo disappeared. However from earlier episodes they mentioned "history will right itself" so other events may have happened like Nokaze meeting and marry someone else so Miki was born. But just a different Miki (teacher instead of doctor). Whether Jin meets Miki again we're not sure. Maybe the photo will reappear again? The date on the photo changed? Or maybe their paths never crossed.
Peggy wrote: He solved a lot of medical problems in Edo and yet he could not solve the problem for Miki in Tokyo. He did a remarkable surgery for Nokase, but she walked away and that was a wrenching scene for both of them. Did that provide the final step to make him stay in Edo? there was no more changing photo. Did Jin die in Tokyo then and if so who was left in Edo.
Jin in 2010 disappeared to Edo. Edo Jin was left in Tokyo who will continue living as jin in 2010. It's not within his control if Jin stays in Edo or not. It all depends if/when he accidentally time slips back to the present.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 12th, '10, 16:45

it's so interesting to read all these analysis and charts :lol

Q: do we know or have any evidence to say that Jin came back to 2010 after his time travel back to edo?

I do believe that there is only one Jin and he only time travels (not sure back and forth because he seems to be needing formalin-kun for the process to happen) so when he went to edo period, time will adjust itself in a way that has not lived in 2010. that's why his friends wont notice his missing as they don't recall him in the first place. but se still went to that time with all of his 2010 knowledge.

the picture no longer exist because there won't be jin and miki anymore. the time changed and adjusted when nokase was cured and took an entirly different life path. even if jin can comes back to 2010, he wont meet miki . well, he might, but the chances are very small because they had a common interest and got to know eachother through this but now meeting miki as a university teacher might be abit hard unless she comes to his hospital. i think jin will stay in edo period for good.

flyrogue

Edo or Now?

Post by flyrogue » Jan 12th, '10, 20:30

I'm kind of surprised that people care about Jin and Miki in the future (now) when the whole story took place in Edo, and his primary relationship was really with Saki, though mentally it was difficult for him because to him, his reality was Miki, but to us, it was a brief view.

This was such a great show, I hope by some miracle it comes back. I don't see the main actors listed in any 2010 shows yet so maybe there is hope. Ayase Karuka did 3 TV shows and 3 movies in 2009, so assuming she keeps the same schedule, she may not be available, but she was my favorite character in the show.

Anybody have a view as to the 2010 shows of the main actors? They were all so good I would hate to lose even one from a Jin 2.

- FlyRogue

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 12th, '10, 21:57

Issy wrote: Q: do we know or have any evidence to say that Jin came back to 2010 after his time travel back to edo?
Someone mentioned in the manga that bandaged person told Jin he was himself. If that is the case, he must have made it back to 2010. If a person time travels to the past. There is nothing to say the person's existence in the present/future is nulled and never existed. You need a chicken to lay the egg so it can grow into a chicken. Jin needs to have parents for him to exist and travel back in time.
flyrogue wrote:I'm kind of surprised that people care about Jin and Miki in the future (now) when the whole story took place in Edo, and his primary relationship was really with Saki, though mentally it was difficult for him because to him, his reality was Miki, but to us, it was a brief view.
Although they only showed Jin and Miki's scenes briefly, Miki was always there because Jin was talking to her spiritually. Although Saki was standing beside him, he wasn't talking to her. He was talking to Miki. Also the whole song was about him wanting to find his way back to the present. "I miss you".
Do you remember the day we first met?
I haven’t forgotten a single day that’s passed
I want to feel everything you had your eyes on
I looked up at the sky, are you there now watching over me? Tell me…

I’m missing you now
There’s so much I want to tell you
Oh, I miss you, I miss you
I sadly long for your presence
Where are you? Hold me
I’ll always be here

If I knew that we’d never see each other again
I would never have let go of your hand
If I had just cried and told you, “Stay with me”
Would you still be here, smiling beside me?

I’m missing you now
There’s so much I want you to hear
Tears flow as time just passes me by
Oh, I miss you, hold me close
I’ll always be thinking of you

Even if my destiny won’t change, I have something to tell you
“I want to go back…” to that day, that time, this one wish is all I need

I’m missing you now
There’s so much I want you to know
All I could do was wish it was all a dream
This heart of mine is still crying
I’ll always be thinking of you

http://www.quartet4.net/?p=7611

chan-san

Post by chan-san » Jan 16th, '10, 19:42

I just finished the last episode and I am not very familiar with japanese drama.
do you think we have seen the ending here or is it just an interruption until the 2nd season starts so the story continues and hopefully will lead to an ending?
I am a bit disappointed that they did not solve all the riddles.
the bandaged patient who timeslipped
the fetus
the future of miki

so many things unsolved.

help!

chan-san

Post by chan-san » Jan 16th, '10, 19:49

watashiwachiaki wrote:
I wonder...who sent the marriage proposal to Kyotaro Tachibana.. ahihihi...
& man! I sooo LIKE Ayase's kimono!!!! :wub:
oh yes, sure!
I almost forgot about that, too!

[/spoiler]

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 16th, '10, 20:09

They showed Miki teaching in the end. She became a teacher instead of a doctor.

cantaboy

Post by cantaboy » Jan 29th, '10, 10:50

This is kinda late, but does anyone here know that JIN will have a movie? It'll show next year. Yeah, I'm so happy I shared.

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Jan 29th, '10, 13:00

@cantaboy

i didn't know, where did you saw this? thanks for the news :D

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jan 29th, '10, 13:43

cantaboy wrote:This is kinda late, but does anyone here know that JIN will have a movie? It'll show next year. Yeah, I'm so happy I shared.
Yup. The news seems pretty low key since only two papers covered it. Filming begins in summer.

chan-san

Post by chan-san » Jan 29th, '10, 15:55

cantaboy wrote:This is kinda late, but does anyone here know that JIN will have a movie? It'll show next year. Yeah, I'm so happy I shared.
*sighhhh* what a relief!!!

hopefully without a typical japanese ending = no ending :roll

cantaboy

Post by cantaboy » Jan 30th, '10, 09:55

hahaha. yeah. i wonder why. endings that satisfy seem rare.

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Jan 31st, '10, 01:37

It seemed that the staff denied it on TBS's JIN official website. My Japanese is not that good but I think they said they're taking audiences' requests into consideration but the decision has not been finalized yet. If anyone who understand Japanese can confirm this, it would be nice. http://www.tbs.co.jp/jin2009/news/

It was first reported on Nikkan Sports, which is not that reliable in the first place anyway

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 31st, '10, 02:01

nnnc,

When you click on that link can't you translate it to English from your upper right taskbar?

I found that I can translate Japanese for most of the links in Japanese and even some of the news websites. I have Google search bar beneath the bar where I put in address.
Dont know if I am making this clear but take a look and see what you have there.

Peggy

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Jan 31st, '10, 05:27

TBS issued a denial to all media agencies after the article came out but the producer of the drama doesn't deny the possibility.

Anyhow, some sort of continuation can be expected. TBS would certainly not let such a ratings monster go without capitalising on its popularity. If there can be Bloody Monday 2, I'm sure there will be Jin 2, whether as a second season or movie only time will tell.

cantaboy

Post by cantaboy » Jan 31st, '10, 15:38

Okay, I got my info from Nikkan Sports. I just read the TBS article, and they're apologizing for such confusion. The continuation is still being considered though, so we can still hope.

Gitik

Post by Gitik » Jan 31st, '10, 19:27

cantaboy wrote:Okay, I got my info from Nikkan Sports. I just read the TBS article, and they're apologizing for such confusion. The continuation is still being considered though, so we can still hope.
Wow. The power of "JIN the sequel" is really a such strong and massive one. JIN had ended, some TBS guy said officially NO to any JIN sequels, because it WAS the end. One month later, a hoax is written in Nikkan Sports. Everybody is excited at maximum: 2011- hell yes! (So that TBS guy must be smashing his head on his desk at that moment! )
Result: TBS obviously lost the war against the enthusiastic fans of JIN (and the enthusiastic press). Mr. Producer of the drama saved the situation with his note. We still can hope and Mr. Producer let us believe in it. It is a better response than previous "we say NO to any sequels." Now, the only unhappy person is the TBS guy, who has been sending the apologies and the sequel´s denials to the press agencies all the time. Never-ending job... :whistling:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 31st, '10, 20:23

Altho I did not log the page I read that Osawa Takeo has said that he will be in the sequel. Not sure if this will be a film or a drama second series. It would seem there is such a demand that they will surely get the writers on it and produce something for us.

Peggy

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 27th, '10, 23:55

According to an article in Asahi, cast remains the same:
http://www.asahi.com/showbiz/nikkan/NIK ... 90015.html

「JIN」映画化!大沢らキャストも同じ

2010年1月29日

印刷

ソーシャルブックマーク このエントリをはてなブックマークに追加 Yahoo!ブックマークに登録 このエントリをdel.icio.usに登録 このエントリをlivedoorクリップに登録 このエントリをBuzzurlに登録

TBS系連続ドラマで最終回の平均視聴率が25・3%(関東地区、関西地区は18・3%、ビデオリサーチ調べ)の高視聴率をマークした「JIN-仁-」が映画化されることが28日、明らかになった。今年夏にクランクインして、来年公開される予定だ。

昨年10月期に放送された同ドラマは全11話で平均19・0%の視聴率をマーク。最終回の視聴率は、昨年の民放ドラマでは最高の瞬間最高視聴率は29・8%を記録した。TBSには放送終了直後から、映画化を要望する声が殺到、調整に当たっていた。

主演はドラマと同じく大沢たかお(41)。中谷美紀(34)綾瀬はるか(24)内野聖陽(41)などの豪華キャストも同じままだ。現代から江戸時代末期にタイムスリップした大沢演じる外科医・南方仁が、満足な医療器具のない中で、孤独と戦いながら人々の命を救っていく。その中で、綾瀬演じる旗本の娘・咲、中谷演じる花魁(おいらん)野風、現代に残してきた恋人未来(中谷2役)との恋模様、さらに坂本龍馬、勝海舟ら歴史上の英雄との交流を描く。

昨年12月20日放送の最終回のラストで、仁が再び転落しそうになったところで終了。再びのタイムスリップを予感させたことで、映画化への布石と見られていた。TBS製作の映画は、今年は12月にSMAP木村拓哉(37)主演の話題の大作「SPACE BATTLESHIP ヤマト」の公開が控えている。話題作に次ぐ、人気連ドラの映画化で今年末から来年にかけての映画界を席巻する。

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Mar 1st, '10, 01:15

Yes, well that is comforting. I think they are doing the right thing to carry this story on again. did not quite get the reference to 'Saki's daughter' Will she marry Jin or will she go to someone else and have a daughter who needs medical help...from Jin of course.

Or will Saki's daughter be someone in the modern era??

Lots to think about here. !!

Peg.

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Mar 1st, '10, 04:15

now it's official! thankfully the cast remains the same

i can't wait till 2010 ^_^

thanks for the news

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 1st, '10, 04:55

We probably won't be watching until 2011 or so because it's going in theatres first. Then we gotta wait or the DVD.

orpheust

Post by orpheust » Mar 7th, '10, 19:31

seirin wrote:Okay, here's what happened. The 2010 Jin met the Edo Jin. When they met, 2010 Jin was thrown back into Edo period. If 2010 Jin didn't meet Edo Jin, he wouldn't have been thrown back into Edo period. Then there wouldn't be an Edo Jin who travelled back to 2010 Jin to meet him to throw him into the past. It's a cycle. In the end, Jin ended up where he left off before he time slipped. You can say he's gained a extra years cuz he time travelled and returned to the same period again after. However, his body age would tell you differently :P No matter what time zone, your body and cells will age.
Well I kind of felt that way as well, but there are things in the drama that suggest otherwise. Not even considering the tone of voice, the language (word choice, sentence construction) the bandaged man in 2010 speaks in is completely different from the language 2010 Jin uses when he gets warped back to Edo, so yeah... maybe that's just a plot hole though...

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 7th, '10, 20:02

orpheust wrote:
seirin wrote:Okay, here's what happened. The 2010 Jin met the Edo Jin. When they met, 2010 Jin was thrown back into Edo period. If 2010 Jin didn't meet Edo Jin, he wouldn't have been thrown back into Edo period. Then there wouldn't be an Edo Jin who travelled back to 2010 Jin to meet him to throw him into the past. It's a cycle. In the end, Jin ended up where he left off before he time slipped. You can say he's gained a extra years cuz he time travelled and returned to the same period again after. However, his body age would tell you differently :P No matter what time zone, your body and cells will age.
Well I kind of felt that way as well, but there are things in the drama that suggest otherwise. Not even considering the tone of voice, the language (word choice, sentence construction) the bandaged man in 2010 speaks in is completely different from the language 2010 Jin uses when he gets warped back to Edo, so yeah... maybe that's just a plot hole though...
Not really. He's been in Edo for a long time by now before he leaps back to 2010. So he could learn the Edo speech by then. Also, he probably used it and deepened his voice so the 2010 Jin won't recognize it's sounds like himself.

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Apr 4th, '10, 05:53

From all of the recommendations, I finally decided to try this out. Though the "medical surgery" parts makes me hurl (haha can't stand to see guts and not a fan of medical shows), I find the time jump with "what if" storyline interesting. I love how Japanese dramas can take a simple question and make it profound.

I've watched too many Korean historical dramas already so I'm getting bored with their new ones. Found myself wanting to learn more about Japanese history. The only historical Jdrama I've completely finished is Yoshitsune. Still watching Atsuhime, but that's taking a while since all the episodes. But I've totally taken a liking to Jin. I'm on ep9 right now and have learned a lot about cures for diseases.

Oh about ep8, the ratings more likely went up because of the guest star Yoshizawa Hisashi. Haha a kabuki actor. Does anyone have more info about kabuki actors? Like why did he act such a jerk and dressed up like a female?

For my speculations from the beginning (haven't watched the end yet so just listing out my views):

--The baby freaked me out, but that was when the drama became interesting. Why was that thing found in the man's stomach? Or did I misread that part?

-- The covered man's face in the hospital is Jin himself because he kept saying I need to go back.

-- And as for all the time traveling movies, shows I've seen, Jin most likely is meant to travel to time to meet Saki who wished she could have the same face as Jin's lover in the future and thus she is reincarnated as Miki. For instance, Ima Ai ni Yukimasu

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Apr 4th, '10, 12:36

garnet07 wrote: --The baby freaked me out, but that was when the drama became interesting. Why was that thing found in the man's stomach? Or did I misread that part?
JIN is a quite solide drama, but there are things i really don't like too.
I am disappointed about this unresolved mystery and the end was too precipitous.
Yeah, what's with this baby and the time traveling??? An explanation at the end would be nice...

Gir

Post by Gir » Apr 4th, '10, 12:53

garnet07 wrote: Does anyone have more info about kabuki actors? Like why did he act such a jerk and dressed up like a female?

--The baby freaked me out, but that was when the drama became interesting. Why was that thing found in the man's stomach? Or did I misread that part?
Kabuki actors are all male even for the female roles, so some actors specialize in playing female roles, he would have been one of these. Most likely cause of him acting like a jerk is he was one, plus add in fame and fortune.

The fetus was found in his head, when examining and operating on him for the head wound they found he had a brain tumor. And as they removed the tumor they found out it was the fetus.

Razor.

Post by Razor. » Apr 6th, '10, 09:00

i loved it.
i love ayase haruka acting
koide keisuke is also great! :)

*me lovez kiritani kenta* :3

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Apr 29th, '10, 03:41

Just sharing my thoughts on JIN...

http://endersgirrrl.wordpress.com/2010/ ... -tbs-2009/

:cheers:

Kaji-shonen

Post by Kaji-shonen » May 2nd, '10, 21:04

Jin has been nominated for "Outstanding International Producer" "Outstanding Actor" and "Outstanding Actress" Monte-Carlo Television Festival 2010.
http://www.tvfestival.com/content/Prese ... enu=smenu2

In fact Uchino Masaaki won the Best Performance Actor of MINI SERIES CATEGORY 2004

Edohiguma

Post by Edohiguma » May 11th, '10, 08:40

I still think JIN lacked a few important parts.

Reapers going after the temporal paradoxes the medicus created all the time. I've never seen anyone messing up an established timeline like that. He would really have deserved a Reaper encounter.
The Doctor calling him a "stupid ape" for messing up established timelines like this.
And a TARDIS going "wooosh wooosh wooosh". :mrgreen:

And a basset hound.

Every movie and tv series needs a basset hound in it.

Gir

Post by Gir » May 11th, '10, 12:40

Edohiguma wrote:I still think JIN lacked a few important parts.

And a basset hound.

Every movie and tv series needs a basset hound in it.
Get out of here Mamoru Oshii.

:whistling: :P

Edohiguma

Post by Edohiguma » May 11th, '10, 14:04

Gir wrote: Get out of here Mamoru Oshii.

:whistling: :P
You know you can't resist:

nikniknik

Post by nikniknik » Jun 7th, '10, 23:34

JIN to return for a 2nd season in April 2011

TBS surprised everyone with the dorama "JIN" last fall and its amazing ratings. Many people speculated that we would get a sequel and today it was made official, JIN will return next year in April!

Osawa Takao (42) about the sequel, "I hold the firm belief that this is going to be a lot of fun. The decision to make a sequel was the best decision in my entire career as an actor!" Actress Ayase Haruka (25) will return in the sequel as well. Recently a tabloid spread the rumor that the two of them might be in a relationship, but both of their agencies immediately denied this rumor. Of course they didn't kill the rumor and now that they are going to work together again, there sure will be more reporters trying to reveal what's going on behind the scenes (or not).

Ayase about the sequel, "I could totally feel the huge support for the dorama. So many people asked me whether there will be a sequel. I'm so happy that I will finally be able to reply to all of them!" About her role as Saki she said, "She's a kind and a strong woman, a character that I admire a lot. I will continue to play her role to the best of my abilities!"

Of course most of the cast from the first season are also going to be on board for the sequel, including Nakatani Miki (34) and Uchino Masaaki (41). Nakatani, "I'd like to put a lot of effort into the roles of Nokaze and Miki again!" Uchino's play as Ryoma was one of the many highlights in the dorama. "I can't wait to face the world of JIN and Ryoma again!" He said.

It will be difficult to mess up this dorama. JIN was amazing and everyone is very motivated to film a sequel. The biggest problem will be to survive the wait until April next year.

Source: http://www.kawaii-joyuu.com/?p=7467

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Jun 8th, '10, 05:09

Awesome, thanks for sharing the news! But I thought they announced a movie version awhile ago after the movie rumor surfaced?

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 8th, '10, 12:39

Sakuya wrote:Awesome, thanks for sharing the news! But I thought they announced a movie version awhile ago after the movie rumor surfaced?
The show's producer stated that the 2nd season will be the conclusion of the drama and that there will be no movie version.

source: tokyograph

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 8th, '10, 12:49

wooow, just great. can't really wait till April. it seems such looooong time from now :-(

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Jun 10th, '10, 02:06

I am sooo absolutelly happy with this!!! Never thought i'd get to like this drama as much as i got to do! Been waiting for the announcement of a second season since the week after it finished!! :D

Sakuya

That was all gossip and speculation, there was never an official announcement/decision about amovie

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Jun 11th, '10, 10:31

I am surprised that they waited this long to announce something, normally if it is going to happen they announce something while the iron is hot, so to speak.

UedaJiro

Post by UedaJiro » Jun 12th, '10, 23:47

aimlesswanderer wrote:I am surprised that they waited this long to announce something, normally if it is going to happen they announce something while the iron is hot, so to speak.
I guess they would want to have a story and contracts with all the main actors before they announce the sequel. Maybe they were surprised by the success of Jin.

It is not so common for japanese drama to go beyond one season. I think this has some good too. Stories are closed. They have a start and an end. Before they produce the first episode they already know where the story would go.

Dramas will not always end up each of the guys having an affair with each other during the course of the drama. (compare "Beverly Hills, 90210")

Anyways, I am really looking forward to Jin2.

shu.kurimu.sensei

Post by shu.kurimu.sensei » Jun 19th, '10, 22:51

Does anybody happen to know if the film has been released online yet? All the results I get from searching are for Jin-roh...Getting hell from my other half who really wants to see this and the koshonin film, but no results anywhere ; ( She rated Jin (jointly tied with Ninkyo helper) as the best drama she's seen in 5 years or so...I really must give it a go.

hiroshi

No movie!

Post by hiroshi » Jun 19th, '10, 23:16

MisS Lonliah wrote:The show's producer stated that the 2nd season will be the conclusion of the drama and that there will be no movie version.

source: tokyograph
Dude, read the thread. Your other half wouldn't be after you so badly. Cheers.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 19th, '10, 23:17

To my knowledge there is no film and there will not be one. They are going to do a second drama of JIN but they have not started this yet. I would not hold your breath for at least six to twelve months. You may find more info if you look up Osawa Takao.
It seems most the same cast has been set.
Peggy

shu.kurimu.sensei

Re: No movie!

Post by shu.kurimu.sensei » Jun 20th, '10, 00:16

hiroshi wrote:[quote=" Dude, read the thread. .
Dude, in all fairness, its a pretty overweight thread to go through, and for somebody who has yet to see the show, it would totally ruin it.

You guys sure about the film though? My other half happens to be Japanese and swears she saw a trailer for it whilst watching keyhole tv or some other streaming service....I guess I'll ask her to check up on the official website to put her mind at ease :D

EDIT: hmm it sounds like Life on mars (original version) / Ashes to Ashes, as good as it seems, and the wife is a harsh critic, although I bet I love it, I can't see it affecting me on an emotional level like those shows did. The only J-Drama to get me *really* thinking after each week was probably Kyo-hansha or Kisaziru cats eye if I'm completely honest.

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jul 5th, '10, 10:10

I just started watching JIN. LOL!
I just got the free time after graduating so I'm catching up with the dramas. XDDD

Anyway,, I was thinking where I saw Osawa before since he looked familiar... I looked up his wiki and found out that he was Saizo in Goemon! :w00t:

this series is awesome! I can't believe I missed this last year! XDD

knuts

Post by knuts » Sep 10th, '10, 09:09

JIN just got an award in Seoul in some award show on MBC. But don't ask more details, because I don't know Korean. Just happen to watch MBC live now on TVants.

PS: for more info about the award show:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/09/2010- ... ma-awards/
Last edited by knuts on Sep 10th, '10, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.

linskie

Post by linskie » Sep 10th, '10, 09:18

I love Jin... cant wait to see the second season XD

keeperdesign

Just finished season 1 on TV Japan

Post by keeperdesign » Sep 19th, '10, 04:50

They had BETTER do a season 2, because my wife (who just emigrated from Japan) and I are furious at the lack of any explanation.

SPOILER ALERT

I mean, if a dude has a tiny sinister baby living in his skull that deserves explanation, right?

canavial

Re: Just finished season 1 on TV Japan

Post by canavial » Sep 19th, '10, 05:36

keeperdesign wrote:I mean, if a dude has a tiny sinister baby living in his skull that deserves explanation, right?
The mangaka probably got the idea from a medical condition called "fetus in fetu".

shinqtaro

Re: Just finished season 1 on TV Japan

Post by shinqtaro » Sep 19th, '10, 07:19

keeperdesign wrote:They had BETTER do a season 2, because my wife (who just emigrated from Japan) and I are furious at the lack of any explanation.

SPOILER ALERT

I mean, if a dude has a tiny sinister baby living in his skull that deserves explanation, right?
The drama only covered the first 5 volumes of the manga (I actually dropped it because the pacing is so slow, i.e. relative to the manga). It's now up to vol. 18 and shows no sign of ending soon, so if TBS wants to cover the complete story you may be looking at several seasons of JIN.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Nov 13th, '10, 14:03

The manga will end this month.
It’s been announced that popular manga “JIN-仁-” (written by Murakami Motoka) will finish its series on the next issue of “SUPER JUMP” which will be published on November 24th.

“JIN-仁-” started its series on SUPER JUMP in April 2000, and total sales of “JIN-仁-” reached 5.3 million copies.

“JIN-仁-” was also adapted to a drama which was broadcasted in 2009, and the drama received a high rating. There will be a sequel to the drama, and it will start in April 2011.
source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2010/11/the-ma ... ext-issue/
jpn: http://mantan-web.jp/2010/11/10/2010110 ... 5000c.html

Season 2 of JIN in april?

Aikawa Ringo

Post by Aikawa Ringo » Nov 14th, '10, 15:34

It’s been announced that popular manga “JIN-仁-” (written by Murakami Motoka) will finish its series on the next issue of “SUPER JUMP” which will be published on November 24th.

“JIN-仁-” started its series on SUPER JUMP in April 2000, and total sales of “JIN-仁-” reached 5.3 million copies.

“JIN-仁-” was also adapted to a drama which was broadcasted in 2009, and the drama received a high rating. There will be a sequel to the drama, and it will start in April 2011.

yatta!!! :cheers:
I've been looking forward to seeing the sequel!! yoshhhh!
arigatou gozaimasu :salut:

hey9

Post by hey9 » Dec 23rd, '10, 22:19

Finally got around to changing the thread title hohoho, also added Uchino Masaaki. Is he gonna be in the second season? I hope so, or else I'm gonna have to change the thread title again lol. So excited!

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Dec 23rd, '10, 23:31

hey9 wrote:Finally got around to changing the thread title hohoho, also added Uchino Masaaki. Is he gonna be in the second season? I hope so, or else I'm gonna have to change the thread title again lol. So excited!
Good Job! :thumright: He was AMAZING there!!
hmmm omg wait!! :unsure: I can't remember what was his last scene :scratch: I really have a weak memory! lol
Planning to re-watch some episodes on March, in order to get ready for April! :cheers:

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Mar 21st, '11, 10:56

season 2 starting next month! cant wait :)

although i have decided to stop uploading drama series from next season onwards, i'll try to do just JIN season 2 :)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Mar 21st, '11, 13:37

furransu wrote:season 2 starting next month! cant wait :)

although i have decided to stop uploading drama series from next season onwards, i'll try to do just JIN season 2 :)
Thanks for uploading in advance! ^^

Tai

Post by Tai » Mar 21st, '11, 16:45

Thank you Furransu san.
So April looks like it will live up to the Roman month for new things to begin. Just as March was the month to prepare for war(before spring planting begins). The new beginnings sound like the 2nd season could live up to the first. I just hope that all involved are not only in it for a quick cash crop! Besides needing to answer the fertile question "Who's been growing in your head?"

Tai

Post by Tai » Mar 21st, '11, 16:57

MisS Lonliah wrote:
hey9 wrote:Finally got around to changing the thread title hohoho, also added Uchino Masaaki. Is he gonna be in the second season? I hope so, or else I'm gonna have to change the thread title again lol. So excited!
Good Job! :thumright: He was AMAZING there!!
hmmm omg wait!! :unsure: I can't remember what was his last scene :scratch: I really have a weak memory! lol
Planning to re-watch some episodes on March, in order to get ready for April! :cheers:
Cant believe, a big red tail just perched in tree in my back yard. Made me think of your Prof pix. Sometimes long legged stork fly by from near by golf course too. How is your season 1 refresher going for Jin. When you are done it will be time for the season 2. Enjoy.

hey9

Post by hey9 » Mar 25th, '11, 05:08

http://community.livejournal.com/aramat ... 97075.html

I am now ultra stoked for the new season. Sato Ryuta and Kiritani Kenta...that's a lot of eyecandy MUAHAHAH

@furransu sorry to hear you won't be uploading dramas anymore, I know quite a few of your uploads I have not been able to find anywhere else, so I'm really thankful. Ending on JIN is a pretty good way to go :thumright:

digitalcoconut

Post by digitalcoconut » Mar 31st, '11, 07:47

when the airing date? I really anticipate the sequel season. JIN definitely top 5 of my fav Jdrama of all time.

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Apr 3rd, '11, 06:37

digitalcoconut wrote:when the airing date? I really anticipate the sequel season. JIN definitely top 5 of my fav Jdrama of all time.
lol... See the offical dramal website - usually, air dates for dramas are listed there:
http://www.tbs.co.jp/jin-final/

2011-04-17 9PM/21:00 JST

Almost time to rock a marathon JIN 1 re-watch!

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Apr 11th, '11, 15:23

Anyone knows whre i could find the Special programs that have been airing this days acording to the official page? :cry:

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Apr 11th, '11, 22:25

Haven't found any sites with the requested, but did find a few things to watch to tide you through until the 17th.

~2min interview
CM
6:21 Special Preview
(Above 3 mirrored: http://www.mediafire.com/?i76y26x204154ne 41MB zip)

Misia Aitakute Ima - Hoshizora no LIVE Ⅵ 2010 Maishima Osaka

Ayase asking for donations re: Japan Quake

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Apr 12th, '11, 02:01

Thank you very much! ^^

Hopefully we will get them!

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Apr 12th, '11, 23:53

“JIN” sequel licensed for broadcast in 80 countries
Posted on April 12, 2011 by tokyograph
The highly anticipated second season of the drama series “JIN” will start in Japan this Sunday (April 17), but it has now been announced that the show has also been picked up for broadcast in 80 countries and territories worldwide. This is the first time that a TBS drama has been licensed overseas before it airs in Japan.

by tokyohive
It’s the first time TBS managed to pull off such a deal with the foreign media for one of their dramas. Thanks to various popular clips from the series on streaming sites such as Youtube and the well-received and award-winning digest version of the first season that screened at an international showcase called “MIPCOM” in Cannes, France in 2010, it sparked the interest of many foreign buyers. They managed to sell the rights to the USA, various European countries such as Britain and Germany, numerous Asian countries such as South Korea and Thailand, a few countries in the Middle East such as Iran and Iraq, and also some African countries such as Egypt and Algeria. 80 countries bought the rights to the drama to air in their respective countries in total.
A couple of Asian countries already announced the start date of the second season that will presumably start off with the mentioned digest version of the first season. In Taiwan, the drama will start airing on April 23rd, Hong Kong will follow in May and South Korea in July. According to TBS most of the foreign countries will start to air it soon after the second season ended airing in Japan, thus the wait shouldn’t be too long for most of the international drama fans.

------------
Great news! One of my fav dramas ever & it deserves to be watched by everyone whether young or old! They mentioned Middle East, so I'm happy because people in my region will get the chance to watch a J-drama. Many Arabic channels do air some dubbed K-dramas, so they are somehow popular here.

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Apr 12th, '11, 23:57

Hope Ayase will get more screen time this time around. :D
Ayase in kimono = :wub:

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Apr 17th, '11, 07:15

From a recent update from the official Twitter. Theme song for this season is by Hirai Ken, titled "Itoshiki Hibi yo". Episode 1 starts in 5 hours!

Darez

Post by Darez » Apr 18th, '11, 11:29

What's the viewership ratings for the first ep?