[Discussion] Tsuki no Koibito

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

Who do you want Rensuke (Kimura Takuya) to end up with?

Maemi (Shinohara Ryoko)
53%
Xiu Mei (Lin Chiling)
25%
Kazami (Matsuda Shota)
8%
Nobody
5%
I don't care
9%

Total votes: 278

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Apr 12th, '10, 08:37

Oh yeah! Perhaps we go back to the (old) love story style as in the aticle is implied.
The success of Tsuki no Koibito will make the decision i guess. :mrgreen:
Thanks for the link!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 12th, '10, 08:47

More links with info here:
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/entertainmen ... T00057.htm

Nothing on themesong, or I just missed somewhere.

0xDEADBEEF
Netherlands

Post by 0xDEADBEEF » Apr 12th, '10, 14:26

yanie wrote:Kimura and Lin will be MENS NONNO next issue's cover. This raised another suspicion from fans that Lin is the female lead.
Only Kimura and Keiko's characters have the 月 (moon) character in their names.
(I think we're being led by the nose in all directions.)
Pardon me for plugging my work: http://keiko.upwind.org/star-studio/201 ... 21-53.html

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 12th, '10, 14:46

0xDEADBEEF wrote:have the 月 (moon) character in their names.
(I think we're being led by the nose in all directions.)
Yup, I noticed that too :roll Would be pleasantly surprised if Kimura end up with Keiko's character though, since in the love chart, it looks like a one-sided love for Keiko and she always placed on the 5th place in the cast list :D

I still believe that the female lead is Shinohara Ryoko though, with all the interviews portion, article paragraphs portions and order and how her name always placed right next to Kimura, everywhere.

Thanks to the sentence that Ethlenn pointed out though, I think I'm almost sure now Kimura won't end up with Lin's character. From all the descriptions, it says Kimura fell in love deeply with Lin's character and many people believe Kimura-Lin are true loves based on the brief synopsis (like, Kimura's character will do things for Lin's character that he has never done before for other people). If he really ends up with Lin, there won't be anything unexpected about that, while the Asahi article suggested that it's gonna be an unexpected ending that none of the audience can imagine. Well... that, or... Kimura won't end up with anyone :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 12th, '10, 15:02

Or they will make a love pentagon and will live happily ever after :lol

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Apr 12th, '10, 16:36

yanie wrote:while the Asahi article suggested that it's gonna be an unexpected ending that none of the audience can imagine. Well... that, or... Kimura won't end up with anyone :P
Or ending up with Shota. THAT would be totally unexpected and none of the audience can imagine :mrgreen:

OK I was totally joking. I agree Shinohara is the female lead of this drama but the female lead doesn't have to end up with Kimura's character. Like in Ninkyo Helper, Kuroki Meisa was listed after Kusanagi Tsuyoshi and her role is very significant but she wasn't the one that end up with him. I think Shinohara will have a major role in the drama but I'm having a feeling that Keiko will be the one who end up with Kimura.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 12th, '10, 22:38

nnnc wrote:I agree Shinohara is the female lead of this drama but the female lead doesn't have to end up with Kimura's character. Like in Ninkyo Helper, Kuroki Meisa was listed after Kusanagi Tsuyoshi and her role is very significant but she wasn't the one that end up with him. I think Shinohara will have a major role in the drama but I'm having a feeling that Keiko will be the one who end up with Kimura.
That's true. I was thinking that way too... :-)

But then all of the articles I've read has a quote from FujiTV, "We won't say who is the heroine/female lead among the 3 ladies because we do not want to spoil who will end up with Kimura Takuya's character in the end,".

That obviously implies the female lead is the one who ends up with Kimura, imho :roll

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 12th, '10, 23:48

yanie wrote: But then all of the articles I've read has a quote from FujiTV, "We won't say who is the heroine/female lead among the 3 ladies because we do not want to spoil who will end up with Kimura Takuya's character in the end,".

That obviously implies the female lead is the one who ends up with Kimura, imho :roll
Uhm, not exactly in my eyes. Three ladies? It could be 5 female leads for that matter. Maybe Kimura's character will become monk in the end? Who knows? :whistling:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 14th, '10, 07:59

From TV Guide!

Can't wait to see Takuya-Ryoko combi !!^o^ They look so lovely together!

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Apr 14th, '10, 08:01

Oh cool, he has short hair in this one! :lol

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 14th, '10, 08:03

Latest info in 2ch says themesong by MR.CHILDREN! Yay~

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 14th, '10, 14:32

Added a screencap of the 5 in the first post, from the TV spot.

Kitagawa Keiko was quite a focus in the "Yoru no IiTomo" show, 2 days ago. Such an interesting girl, indeed. She really has a tomboy-ish personality, ne^^ Kimura laughed so much at what she said.

Poor Lin Zhiling... she might only caught 30-40% of the whole conversations in the show. Her Q&A dialogues (in Japanese) with Nakai and Tamori were obviously scripted. But I appreciate her effort and boldness in appearing in the show, without an interpreter.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 15th, '10, 12:17

More pics!

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Apr 17th, '10, 03:48

yanie,
thanks for the pictures and updates :)

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Apr 17th, '10, 09:04

Damn good pictures to get more exciting :D The guys from the TV Guide knows their business :P Thanks for sharing.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 17th, '10, 09:21

ウエブサイト:

http://life.oricon.co.jp/75016/
Oriconによって1位になるでしょう

http://moonlovers9.seesaa.net/

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20100 ... 7-oric-ent

garcon

Post by garcon » Apr 17th, '10, 16:35

i know this will be good !(this should!)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 20th, '10, 02:35

New 28-secs trailer!

Finally scenes from the drama!^o^

Rensuke-Maemi FTW!

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Apr 20th, '10, 12:58

Can't wait anymore thanks to yanie!!! XD

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 21st, '10, 02:40

Tsuki no Koibito is based on an original novel!
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20100 ... sanspo-ent

Michio Shusuke wrote the original novel with the same title and it will be published on May 30. But the drama adaptation storyline would be largely modified.

Michio-sensei is a dark mystery novel writer and he said this is his first time to write such a bright love story.

I wonder how can they get a hold of a novel copyright that's not even published yet? :blink

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 21st, '10, 05:35

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Apr 21st, '10, 23:52

Thanks yanie, for always keeping us updated. The cast seem like they're all getting along really well.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 22nd, '10, 10:31

Michio Shusuke's blog:
http://michioshusuke.cocolog-nifty.com/

First thing I noticed from Michio-sensei's latest entry was:
"The leading role is Kimura Takuya-san, heroine are Shinohara Ryoko-san and Lin Zhiling-san. Others are Kitagawa Keiko-san and Matsuda Shota-san. Very exclusive cast lineup."

Kitagawa Keiko is not the heroine, now I know XD

Anyway, he said he was approached by FujiTV producer 6 months ago, to write an original novel for a TV drama adaptation. The producer told him what kind of story he want Michio to write, the producer also give a list of things that he may not write. Michio-sensei also said the title is not his idea.

But he said he had fun writing the bright love story that he has never written before.

In the end though, the TV drama adaptation will have many modifications compared to his original book. So he said, we can enjoy both the book and the drama at the same time.

Yappari, it's FujiTV's strategy, na...

0xDEADBEEF
Netherlands

Post by 0xDEADBEEF » Apr 22nd, '10, 13:40

yanie wrote:Kitagawa Keiko is not the heroine, now I know XD
:x The spoilsport should have kept his mouth shut. Although it was very unlikely that the newcomer would be allowed to upstage one of the established actresses, it's not nice to have the unlikely possibility removed before it happened.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Apr 22nd, '10, 14:16

yanie wrote:New 28-secs trailer!

Finally scenes from the drama!^o^

Rensuke-Maemi FTW!
thanks! and lol I love Rensuke & Maemi interaction already, how she tries to make him pay attention to ZhiLing lol

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 22nd, '10, 22:05

0xDEADBEEF wrote:
yanie wrote:Kitagawa Keiko is not the heroine, now I know XD
:x The spoilsport should have kept his mouth shut.
Don't worry, as someone else mentioned before: Not being the heroine, doesn't mean the male lead cannot end up with her :roll

Anyway, an excitement announcement here....

Themesong by KUBOTA TOSHINOBU!!!!!! :cheers:
http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/100423 ... 017-n1.htm

Title is "LOVE RAIN ~Koi no Ame"!! (thank gdness its doesn't has anything "moon" in it XD)
It's been 14 years since KubotaXKimura combi for Long Vacation^^

GetsuKoi's Official Blog "MOON WALKER", a staff blog:
http://blog.fujitv.co.jp/getsukoi/index.html

Oh, I haven't mention it here...

I read from fan blogs, the scriptwriter info has been revealed on TV Japan magazine.

The scriptwriters for Tsuki no Koibito are ASANO TAEKO and IKEGAMI JUNYA.

Asano Taeko
-Love Generation (Kimura Takuya, Matsu Takako)
-Kamisama Mou Sukoshi dake (Kaneshiro Takeshi, Fukada Kyoko, Nakama Yukie)
-Love 2000 (Kaneshiro Takeshi, Nakayama Miho, Nakama Yukie)
-Last Friends (Nagasawa Masami, Ueno Juri, Eita)
-Innocent Love (Horikita Maki)

Ikegami Junya is a new writer and he is one of Ninkyo Helper's co-writer.

Since Michio Shusuke said his original novel story will be largely changed in the drama, I guess Asano's writing style will affect much.

So it's Long Vacation themesong singer, Love Generation scriptwriter... FujiTV really want to revive the KimuTaku romance drama legend :P

0xDEADBEEF
Netherlands

Post by 0xDEADBEEF » Apr 23rd, '10, 05:41

yanie wrote:
0xDEADBEEF wrote: :x The spoilsport should have kept his mouth shut.
Don't worry, as someone else mentioned before: Not being the heroine, doesn't mean the male lead cannot end up with her :roll
Nah, I'm going back to the default assumption that Keiko's role will amount to nothing much. That way I can focus on the show, and treat Keiko's appearances as a nice bonus. (We Keiko fans should be happy she's even allowed in it.)
GetsuKoi's Official Blog "MOON WALKER", a staff blog:
http://blog.fujitv.co.jp/getsukoi/index.html
I got it into my head to translate it, starting here: Moon Walker: The blog starts!
(If it turns inane like the last staff blog I translated then I may drop it.)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Apr 26th, '10, 18:50

Kimura Takuya Suggests Handing Out Condoms to Promote New Drama

The Fuji TV drama Moon Lovers isn't airing till next month, but there has been endless promotions in place already. Last Friday on the radio show What's Up SMAP, Kimura Takuya received countless questions from listeners wanting to know more on the storyline and how things were progressing on set. However, Kimura cleverly answered around the questions without giving anything away.

One listener asked if there will be any promotional items that will be released with the drama? At first Kimura was serious about answering the question, saying he hasn't heard anything regarding this issue. However, later he said that there was a secret plan to hand out condoms during the campaign. He then went on to say how love encompasses intimate moments, so condoms are a necessity for couples. He later stressed that it was his own personal opinion, but he will present his suggestion to Fuji TV and personally look into the details.

Another idea that Kimura had was to organize a beauty contest. As 'Getsu' sounds similar to 'Ketsu' (butt), Kimura wanted to hold a contest through the television station, and went as far as coining the name 'Ketsu no Koi'. Then he laughed and said that he will enter the contest too, since all the contestants' faces will be hidden. Seems like he went all out trying to sell the idea.

During the radio show there were many questions from listeners asking about Lin Chi-Ling. Even Kimura admitted how surprised he was by their interest in his co-star. He was asked how they communicated with each other, and if she introduced him to good food during their filming in Shanghai. Kimura said that Lin Chi-Ling speaks to them in English, especially when she talks to Matsuda Shota, who studied in London. However, her Japanese has improved quite a bit. He expressed that when all the cast members are speaking in English, it gives him a feeling of living overseas.

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: sparkles_n15 @ asianfanatics.net
source: sparkles_n15 @ asianfanatics.net

he's creative as usual :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 26th, '10, 19:28

Considering what you just quoted, I guess communication might be less of verbial kind, but more "body language", mehehe...

I didn't know he can joke like this!!
:rofl:

Yeah, the single is available now, Kubota looks like his dream to become an Afro-American has finally come true. :mrgreen:

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Apr 27th, '10, 02:03

Ethlenn wrote: I didn't know he can joke like this!!
That is typical Kimura Takuya especially @What's Up SMAP! :mrgreen: He is quite naughty and love telling dirty jokes. There was a SMAP song that has a verse about opening a bottle of champagne, which is pretty normal when I first listened to it. But Kimura once played this song during his radio show and wondered out loud if this verse is really about masturbation :w00t: Never in a million year I would think of that and now I can't listen to the song without thinking about it anymore :whistling:

katdiva

Post by katdiva » Apr 27th, '10, 02:24

nnnc wrote:
Ethlenn wrote: I didn't know he can joke like this!!
That is typical Kimura Takuya especially @What's Up SMAP! :mrgreen: He is quite naughty and love telling dirty jokes. There was a SMAP song that has a verse about opening a bottle of champagne, which is pretty normal when I first listened to it. But Kimura once played this song during his radio show and wondered out loud if this verse is really about masturbation :w00t: Never in a million year I would think of that and now I can't listen to the song without thinking about it anymore :whistling:
I want to see the butt contest he talks about, especially if he's going to be in it!! ROFL! I can't wait for this drama! It's so perfect for him!!!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 30th, '10, 05:36

Mitani Koki on "Tsuki no Koibito" set?? :blink :lol

Bikkurishitaaaa, I thought Mitani-san will make a guest appearance in GetsuKoi! :lol

Apparently, he was just visiting the studio^^ Mitani Koki is currently filming SAZAE-SAN 2 (Mizuki Arisa), and Sazae-san filming studio is right next to Tsuki no Koibito filming studio ^_^

Btw, I read that there's a new CM with Kubota Toshinobu's song on the background? Anyone has it? Kept reading about it sounding like Lalala Love Song.

Salz

Post by Salz » Apr 30th, '10, 07:23

not too sure im happy with Asano Taeko since her last two drama have been such big disappointment for me eventhough they have so much hype at the beginning and start good^^;
though her older drama especially the one with Kimutaku is great, maybe they could revive his legendary romance drama again<33

Kubota Toshinobu<333333

L'Arc

Post by L'Arc » Apr 30th, '10, 13:19

I hated Lin Chi Ling and her role in Red Cliff, but for some reason I find her so pretty and attractive in this drama lol

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Apr 30th, '10, 21:23

New longer CM w/ new scenes at the end,
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/XwXHIL5qJtM/

New trailer w/ Kubota Toshinobu's song, Love Rain
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Yn73Kzj9NnQ/

Visit the official site for more updates @ http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/getsukoi/index.html

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Apr 30th, '10, 23:50

many thanks for the updates el_lady ^^

Iris Zephyr

Post by Iris Zephyr » May 1st, '10, 00:40

Many thanks for the updates everyone! :D

Just wanted to share this,

100430 Tsuki no Koibito ~ Moon Lovers ~ CM:

Credits to dyreashling@YouTube

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » May 2nd, '10, 09:07

Iris Zephyr wrote:Many thanks for the updates everyone! :D

Just wanted to share this,

100430 Tsuki no Koibito ~ Moon Lovers ~ CM:

*gulp* Why does he have A Moment with Lin Chi Ling at 0:15?

I am disturbed. I am very disturbed.

:alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » May 2nd, '10, 12:33

Ender's Girl wrote:

He grabbed her to say he wants her ...

wants her to do something that no one else can ... (that is to be his model).

He must need an eye check. :roll

käse

Post by käse » May 2nd, '10, 18:03

where to download this drama !!! lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 2nd, '10, 18:24

Ekhem, I just found a 150 Gb of all (??) dramas of KT and other files, but the names are in Korean, if anyone wants, I can attach torrent for it (called KT 1990-2009).
Sorry to interrupt, but I'm lazy and don't want to look around for KT thread.
:mrgreen:
ImageImage
These pics are a bonus.

yanaliao

Post by yanaliao » May 4th, '10, 06:54

I dunno how to react but I've been avoiding the updates about this series, but it seems I can't when I have to enter D-ADDICTS. I just need to see the updates...

Anyway... Can't watch this 'coz of linchiling... I wanna know how it ends up first... I think I'm going to puke when I see chiling and kimura-san in one screen...

here i go again... ~

He needs an eyecheck just like Jerry. demn those guys are easily fooled by her angelic face but deep inside, even a horse can't stand her riding its back. That's why she was thrown off... don't like her really. sorry.

yanaliao

Post by yanaliao » May 4th, '10, 06:55

raven_frost wrote:
Ender's Girl wrote:

He grabbed her to say he wants her ...

wants her to do something that no one else can ... (that is to be his model).

He must need an eye check. :roll
:thumleft: Eye check.

digitalcoconut

Post by digitalcoconut » May 4th, '10, 08:40

the line up of cast are greats. i like most of them n recognize their previous excellent work (except the Taiwanese girl)..

looking forward to watch this series!

Iris Zephyr

Post by Iris Zephyr » May 4th, '10, 08:49

A newer CM with more scenes. Less than a week to go~! :wub:

Link:

nnnc

Post by nnnc » May 6th, '10, 02:14

yanaliao wrote: He needs an eyecheck just like Jerry. demn those guys are easily fooled by her angelic face but deep inside, even a horse can't stand her riding its back. That's why she was thrown off... don't like her really. sorry.
Unlike us, both Kimura and Jerry know her personally and speak highly of her. I trust their judgement and looking forward to this drama.

I didn't like her casting at first because I thought it was just another stunt casting and I'm afraid her acting couldn't keep up with the rest. But I'm pleasantly surprised with all the scenes I've seen so far from the recent CMs and Kimura and Lin looks really great together.

To those of you who don't like Lin, you may enjoy the first episode very much. From all the CMs, she seemed to got beaten and pushed around a lot :mrgreen:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 9th, '10, 06:08

Hazuki Rensuke-shacho has a blog written mostly by Kimura Takuya himself:
http://blog.fujitv.co.jp/rensuke/index.html

But co-stars and staff will also sometimes write in this blog ^_^

nnnc

Post by nnnc » May 9th, '10, 07:33

yanie wrote:Hazuki Rensuke-shacho has a blog written mostly by Kimura Takuya himself:
http://blog.fujitv.co.jp/rensuke/index.html

But co-stars and staff will also sometimes write in this blog ^_^
arigatou yanie :lol

The thought of THE Kimura Takuya blogging and using emoticons is surreal to me :mrgreen: Only one more day to go :w00t:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 9th, '10, 10:16

nnnc wrote:The thought of THE Kimura Takuya blogging and using emoticons is surreal to me :mrgreen:
Yeah there's a possibility that someone write it for him, but I hope its really him. If he talk abt this blog later in WUS, then I'll believe its really him :-)

FYI, Kimura loves using emoticons, he was so excited talking about it with Yada Akiko in a 2006 Bistro episode^^

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » May 9th, '10, 18:34

I so love Shinohara Ryoko ... my absolute fav jdrama actress. Does Shota fall for Shinohara in this drama? If yes, then i'll be romantic drama heaven.

nell123

Post by nell123 » May 10th, '10, 04:17

joykimlee wrote:I so love Shinohara Ryoko ... my absolute fav jdrama actress. Does Shota fall for Shinohara in this drama? If yes, then i'll be romantic drama heaven.
That would be nice :-) but probably won't happen. In any case, I just hope that their characters are interesting. I'm not much of a Kimutaku fan and I don't care who he ends up with, but I definitely can't wait to see Shinohara Ryoko and Matsuda Shota on tv again.

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 11th, '10, 02:58

just watched the first episode, and it blew me away!!!
wow, the cast is AMAZING (except for kitagawa keiko) :P
the chinese actress, lin chi ling, is phenomenal!!!
i hope that her character will end up with hazuki :wub:
i kinda got the feeling that hazuki and ninomiya were a couple because of how they looked at each other when they were having the amenbo talk.
it's funny to see two actors from hana yori dango in this drama (matsuda shota and abe tsuyoshi) :lol
i never knew that abe tsuyoshi is of mixed chinese-japanese heritage and can speak both languages fluently!
i find matsuda shota pretty sexy in this, and he speaks chinese pretty well.
in the previews for the next episode, he told hazuki's model "girlfriend," miho, that he's better than hazuki in bed :lol
he might end up going for miho and that would make me feel better because she's probably with hazuki just for the publicity :roll
i'm definitely going to keep on watching this!!!
can't wait for the next episode :thumright:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » May 11th, '10, 06:13

I quiet enjoyed the 1st ep ^^
Ryoko is so cute, cute and charming as a grown up woman. I really like her character. How she helps Chi Ling and handles Kimura character. Ryoko uses her eyes alot more to deliver her feelings and it was amazing. I felt sad for her sometimes, especially in the end or when Kimura asked Chi Ling about the 4 coins. There's obviously sthing between Kimura & Ryoko (sorry still not learn the characters names) yet I'm not sure if it's just me, cuz after the preview of next ep, Chi Ling and Kimura apparently gets closer :|

Shota is so damn hott, omg When he looks at Ryoko in that scene XD I wonder if it hints that he likes her or sthing, like how in the end he looked at her direction.. hmm maybe he has other intentions, never know. But still he's so hot lol Keiko wouldn't be able to resist him I bet ^^ btw, her role here is like transparent :blink I mean beside the facts that we know about her character, nothing else was developed more. It's kind of weird.

What to say about Kimura character, idk, he didn't leave me much impression. Maybe the sub will help, but right now it's kinda blank. I notice Kimura's rolez tend to be the same type, one reminds me of other. I can't explain it...
the OST is great! I love it. LOVE RAIN is sure addicting, just like La La Love Song :D

1st ep got 22.4%.

annie_chan

Post by annie_chan » May 11th, '10, 06:41

Nomanymore wrote: 1st ep got 22.4%.
That is alright. I think. Satisfactory but a bit disappointed. Normally his first ep and last ep of a drama has a heck of ratings. But this is already quite far off better start than all of other dramas so far this year.

nnnc

Post by nnnc » May 11th, '10, 06:44

Nomanymore wrote:I quiet enjoyed the 1st ep ^^
Ryoko is so cute, cute and charming as a grown up woman. I really like her character. How she helps Chi Ling and handles Kimura character. Ryoko uses her eyes alot more to deliver her feelings and it was amazing. I felt sad for her sometimes, especially in the end or when Kimura asked Chi Ling about the 4 coins. There's obviously sthing between Kimura & Ryoko (sorry still not learn the characters names) yet I'm not sure if it's just me, cuz after the preview of next ep, Chi Ling and Kimura apparently gets closer :|

Shota is so damn hott, omg When he looks at Ryoko in that scene XD I wonder if it hints that he likes her or sthing, like how in the end he looked at her direction.. hmm maybe he has other intentions, never know. But still he's so hot lol Keiko wouldn't be able to resist him I bet ^^ btw, her role here is like transparent :blink I mean beside the facts that we know about her character, nothing else was developed more. It's kind of weird.

What to say about Kimura character, idk, he didn't leave me much impression. Maybe the sub will help, but right now it's kinda blank. I notice Kimura's rolez tend to be the same type, one reminds me of other. I can't explain it...
the OST is great! I love it. LOVE RAIN is sure addicting, just like La La Love Song :D
Agree with everything you said 8) Lin Chi Ling is great and I cheered for her with everyone else in the end. Rensuke (Kimura's character) is a little blank but when he cracked his first smile at the end, it sure lit up the whole scene. That part alone makes me understand him a bit more without sub. Rensuke is a guy who has success in work but his life is still empty. There may be something in his past that made him this way and I suspect Maemi is the only one who knows his secret. That's the reason she is the only person who saw through his emptiness, to sympathize with him, and secretly in love with him. However, Shu mei's innocence and straightforwardness are penetrating Rensuke's wall and gives him his first genuine smile that he still tried to hide from everyone else. Maemi....kawaisouuuuu :cry:
Shota's character is suspicious. I'm sure he will play an important part to the story in later episodes

After watching the first episode raw, I'm now shipping Rensuke/ShuMei :salut:

I'm glad that the first episode didn't disappoint like some other dramas this season. Looking forward to watching it with sub and the second episode :thumright:

About the rating, if you compare it with his previous work then it sure is not up to par. But with the current trend of rating slump for all other dramas/TV shows, 22.4% is quite impressive and it's proven yet again that the drama watchers in Japan sure love watching Kimura Takuya.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » May 11th, '10, 14:48

nnnc wrote:About the rating, if you compare it with his previous work then it sure is not up to par. But with the current trend of rating slump for all other dramas/TV shows, 22.4% is quite impressive and it's proven yet again that the drama watchers in Japan sure love watching Kimura Takuya.
This :thumright:

Issy

Post by Issy » May 11th, '10, 15:00

I just found out about first ep few hours ago. i don't think i can wait for subs, will watch it raw right now :P

Edit: just finished watching ep1, even though i like it but i can't say it was great.
kimutake gave the same impression as rest of his dramas. again, failed to impress me. as presiouly said, his character was blend trying to be mysterious.
Xu mei, was very pretty and i thought she acted well through out the ep. i thought he wanted to make a model out of her not a dancer though. the last scenes where everyone was calpping for her, i thought it was too much over the top and exaggerated.
from the moment i saw maemi and kazki together, i wanted nothing but these two to end up togther. i love their chemistry. you can't see it with him and Lin Zhlling.
my most favourite characters of drama? Ryuko and Shota's characters. i just love how kazami loves meimi and thinks of her pain when he sees kazuki is falling for xu mei :-(
so here from first ep, i declare myself Kazuki x Ninomiya supporter all the way :cheers:
my second couple would be Kazami x Ninomiya :P

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 11th, '10, 18:41

For those who haven't remember their characters' names ^_^

Kimura Takuya - Hazuki Rensuke
Shinohara Ryoko - Ninomiya Maemi
Lin Zhiling - Liu Xiu Mei
Matsuda Shota - Cai Feng Jian / Kazami
Kitagawa Keiko - Oonuki Yuzuki

As a drama production, it was pretty good. The story was quite well-written (although not great, but good enough) by Asano Taeko (Love Generation). Themesong is AWESOME!!!! (Kubota Toshinobu never fails!) Background musics by Takami Yu (14sai no haha, HanaKimi, Mei-chan, Ninkyo Helper) were great :cheers:

But I think there are some problems with characters' built and development. Best characters so far, are Maemi and Xiu Mei. The other main ones were just not well-developed/well-written or maybe not well-acted, including Kimura's Rensuke. I will give some chance to Shota and Keiko coz they didn't have enough screentime in the pilot (feel so sorry for them :-(), I hope they will have enough focus in later eps.

Hazuki Rensuke character was just.... bland... no charm whatsoever... :-(

I like Lin Chiling's acting and Liu Xiu Mei's character, it's fun to watch her scenes. But I'm sorry.... I have to say, she has ZERO chemistry with Kimura :unsure: Even in that "omae ga hoshii" scene, it doesn't look natural, and something was just not right about it.

So far, I don't see much chemistry between Kimura with the 3 ladies, including Shinohara :( I'm quite disappointed. When Rensuke gaze at Xiu Mei in the party, I don't see any interest or feelings at all in his eyes. I was expecting something like when Halu saw Aki for the first time in PRIDE.

So far, between Kimura's relationship with the 3 ladies, I am most interested in his relationship with Maemi. They have a "history" together and I would like to know more about that.

Xiu Mei and Yuzuki are the stars of the stage. But Maemi is always behind the scenes. I think that's what makes Maemi different than the other girls.

The first episode focus heavily on Rensuke - Xiumei, but I still believe very much in Rensuke-Maemi^^

I like Xiumei character, but if they kept forcing Rensuke-Xiumei's scenes, despite their zero chemistry, I think this drama will go downhill rapidly... I just hope, that Kimura-Lin's chemistry would have improvement next week... or else they better start focusing on Rensuke-Maemi's relationship!

I'm so happy Takenaka Naoto is gonna be a regular cast starting next week! haha, that ojichan is just hillarious!

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » May 11th, '10, 19:13

Hm, 22.4% isn't good at all. But i think the general tendency are lower rates, we could see it at the last few seasons, so i guees 22.4% is ok ;-) Nevertheless this rates are quite better than the other rates of dramas so far this year!

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » May 11th, '10, 19:57

Love Shota with Shinohara. Disapointed Shumei got so much screentime. 1st ep not as captivating as Kimutaku's previous dramas. Shall continue watching for Shinohara.

Reikaa

Post by Reikaa » May 11th, '10, 21:32

Someone knows if a fansub is going to sub this drama?

Issy

Post by Issy » May 11th, '10, 22:36

@yanie
my exact feelings about ep1. glad that i am not the only one.

i just keep wondering if Lin is one of the main characters or not. because so far, she had the most scenes in ep1 and i really hope that it does not happen in next eps. i am watching this for sake of Shinohara and really missed watching past two something years.

Iris Zephyr

Post by Iris Zephyr » May 11th, '10, 23:19

Reikaa wrote:Someone knows if a fansub is going to sub this drama?
I think TimeLesSub and SmappieSubs are doing English hardsubs for this. :-)

I'm not even going to try to be objective because I just adore this drama. :wub:

Story-wise, the first episode delivered to expectations, especially for character settings, and the pacing was well-done. I actually started watching this drama without much expectation for the plot but it really reeled me in. The theme song ("Love Rain ~ Koi no Ame" by Kubota Toshinobu) was EXCELLENT! :lol The overall music score for this drama is stunning actually. Just watching the drama makes me want so badly to buy the soundtrack. :lol

However, the best part was the cast of characters and their chemistry. My personal favourites were:

Hazuki Rensuke (Kimura Takuya) x Ninomiya Maemi (Shinohara Ryoko) - I loved their interactions in the CMs and am now completely in love with this pairing. Maemi is the only one who can make eye-contact and connect with Rensuke, and it shows. I love, love, love all the scenes they have together, especially
where Rensuke asks Maemi to do the new product design based on his suggestions, and becomes so unsettled when Maemi just intrudes on his personal space XD
There's a familiarity between them that is not present with any other character and an equality that just absolutely makes me melt. :wub:

Hazuki Rensuke (Kimura Takuya) x Liu Xiu Mei (Lin Chi-Ling) - At first, I wasn't sure if I would like this pairing. From the CMs, it didn't sound as complex as the rest of the relationships (boy meets girl, girl changes boy, they fall in love). Not that its bad, just not entirely my cup of tea. :-) After watching the first episode, I have had a complete change of heart. The chemistry and sexual tension between them is stunning. Neither one likes each other at this moment, but they have clearly caught each others' attentions.
How many times have I replayed the final party/catwalk scene. The interaction between Rensuke and Xiu Mei just says so much about their characters. Xiu Mei is not a naive young girl but when she stares at Rensuke uncertainly and tentatively reaches out to put her hand in his, she has this very innocent desire of just wanting to trust him. As for Rensuke, from the moment Xiu Mei steps on the stage, he suddenly sees her in an entirely new light, his intense gaze never leaving the confident beauty that she radiates. But when Xiu Mei gains the support of the Chinese people in the audience, his thoughts return to his ambitions (the look in Rensuke's eyes when he watches the interaction between Xiu Mei and her people is just chilling and judging). And when everyone cheers for Xiu Mei because of her triumph, Rensuke is clapping because of his own success.
There is a depth to their relationship that stems from their characters' personalities, expectations and desires.

Kazami (Matsuda Shota) x Ninomiya Maemi (Shinohara Ryoko) - They are just so adorable. When I watched the CM, I doubted the sincerity of Kazami's feelings towards Maemi, and maybe there is more to it than meets the eye, but after watching the first episode, I feel that his regard and respect for her is genuine.
I just love the way he singled Maemi out and greeted her when he and Rensuke walked in to inspect the room.
And, of course, the way he looks at her intently as he questions her about whether she "likes only matured men".
Here, Maemi jokingly answers him, but when she turns around and meets Kazami's gaze, the atmosphere between them just changes from lighthearted to something more. :w00t:
There is an ambiguity about their relationship that I love and the chemistry between them just sparks.

Overall, I think that all of the main cast were awesome. They played off each other and supported each other really well. Special mention goes to Oonuki Yuzuki (Kitagawa Keiko) because even though I have not mentioned her in my pairings list, I also do love her character.

I just love that this drama is emotionally engaging and has a very elegant and mature feel to it. I can definitely say that for me, my hunger for this drama was definitely satisfied. :w000t: :heart:

Oh, and everything expressed here is a personal opinion, so I mean no offense to anyone. :-)
Last edited by Iris Zephyr on May 12th, '10, 08:33, edited 1 time in total.

canavial

Post by canavial » May 12th, '10, 03:16

Even in that "omae ga hoshii" scene, it doesn't look natural, and something was just not right about it.
In abstract terms, it's like down payment for the airfare/hotel stay, to later find that it doesn't accept NT$.

Salz

Post by Salz » May 12th, '10, 03:34

ohsmapsubs livejournal community already release the softsub, but you guys need to join the community first^^
i don't know if they going to release the sub here^^;

voldemort

Post by voldemort » May 12th, '10, 12:37

Issy wrote:
Xu mei, was very pretty and i thought she acted well through out the ep. i thought he wanted to make a model out of her not a dancer though. the last scenes where everyone was calpping for her, i thought it was too much over the top and exaggerated.
+1

Watched ep 1. There is some material. But that last scene was so ridiculously wrong!

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » May 12th, '10, 17:50

wow...I LOVED the first episode..better than I expected :thumright:
I didn't like Liu Xiu Mei in the promos and cms but when I watched the episode..I thought that she was quite good..not bad as I expected her to be
and defiantly I'm Hazuki Rensuke x Ninomiya Maemi Supporter :wub: :wub: Loved how she kept looking at him :heart: I felt sorry for her though :-( I really hope that Hazuki will fall for her instead of Xiu Mei..but the next episode preview's says the opposite :sorry:
I hope that Shota will get more screen time in the next episodes :wub:

the OST & the Theme song were Awesome! I Loved them :note: Can't wait for the next episode <3

akamaya

Post by akamaya » May 12th, '10, 18:31

So greatly disappointing from KimuTaku... I tought he would try to revive his 'old charm', but... Is he really so desperate to 'prove' to the world he's the biggest and the best ever 'latino lover' in Japan, that he needs so dramatical gestures and sooo forced acting? :scratch:

I bet HE was the one who 'arranged' the other cast into each role, as he did with the decorations in that room... stickers on anyone's foreheads - 'you go there', 'you're out', 'an'ta... dame!' :blink - so that HE could 'shine' in all his 'splendor' of 176 cm !!! :lol (btw, he avoided being seen directly besides ShuMei, which is 174cm tall 8) - or he was the one who forced her to run barefoot??)...

I thought he can do more than that... :cry:

nnnc

Post by nnnc » May 12th, '10, 19:46

What a difference a sub made :mrgreen:

Watching in raw from streaming site, I was shipping Rensuke/XiuMei like crazy. After watching it with sub in better quality and observed all the little gestures & eye contacts more closely, I'm now going back to Rensuke/Maemi :whistling:

Rensuke/Maemi
I love that Maemi knew perfectly how to handle Rensuke and what Rensuke had in mind. Like the scene when she gestured to her assistants to bring in the ladder even before he asked for it, and that she knew to take the bottle from him in one hand and passed him the stickers in another hand. They reacted instinctively toward one another. Shinohara Ryoko was phenomenon in expressing Maemi's emotion through her eyes. She acted like Rensuke's buddy but occasionally stole a glance at him when he wasn't aware. The way Maemi looked at Rensuke at the restaurant and when she woke up and saw him checking out her design was sad and heartwarming at the same time.

Rensuke seemed to trust Maemi the most out of all people. Kimura was also brilliant in the restaurant scene where his eyes expressed all the change of thought and emotion in split seconds when he remembered that Maemi was the one who asked him about the 4 coins. I really want to know what went on with them in the past. I don't think they ever were a couple, probably both of them had a feeling for each other but never dare to speak their minds even until now.
Rensuke/XiuMei
The sexual tension between these two was intense. I can see she will fall in love with him. No, I think she already fell in love with him. Before meeting Rensuke, she probably never had been embraced by any man, not to mention he was the one who rescued her from her trouble and gave her the chance to go to Japan to find her father. I can't figure out how Rensuke feel toward XiuMei. He always look at her with penetrating and calculating eyes. To him, at the beginning she was just a pawn in his chessboard. He's probably intrigued by her now but can't tell if it will later develop to love.
Rensuke in general
Now I understand why Kimura said he doesn't like this character and that Hazuki Rensuke is a jerk 8) Rensuke's way of thinking is totally different from Kimura's though both of them are perfectionist. I still believe that with all the successes in his life, Rensuke is empty and has no real happiness. He worked like a robot and he also demanded other to be this way too. But deep down or way back when he was younger, he must be a decent guy or else why would Maemi love and trust him.
I like how they paced the story, there were a lot going on that introduced us to the main characters. In the first episode we learned more about Xiu Mei but they also did a good job in gave me hints of how the other characters are like and made me want to know more about them. (Though can't say much about Keiko's character. They treated her just like an icing on the cake indeed). I think Feng Jian
is Xiu Mei's brother. Their father left China for Japan and brought Feng Jian with him or probably wed another woman and had Feng Jian. In their scenes together, Feng Jian was way too harsh to Xiu Mei but when Yuzuki was bullying her, he stood up and tried to stop. I don't think he did this just to follow Ren-san's order, there's something more about these two.

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » May 13th, '10, 05:53

To be honest, this wasn't even on my list of dramas to watch ;) I'd only been waiting for Sunao ni Narenakute, and downloaded this on a whim while waiting for the next episode to come out.

So I was pleasantly blown away by some parts of the show. Shinohara Ryoko is phenomenal. I'd never really watched her in a drama before, so watching her express every single thing Maemi is thinking in just the expression of her eyes -- man. This girl is good.

Abe Tsuyoshi's Chinese is fantastic! Though his is just a small character, I really loved listening to the parts where he was speaking. His spoken Chinese gives me such a delicious shivery sort of feeling, and even though his character is not a very sympathetic one, you start to feel for the reasons behind the way he behaves.

Though everyone is raving about Lin Chi Ling, I must say I feel nothing towards her. Her spoken Japanese makes me cringe, and I really didn't mean to notice it -- I just notice it every single time she speaks. And I know I should be sympathetic towards her, because her character is supposed to be the other main lead, but I can't stop thinking about Shinohara Ryoko's character,
and how she's being sidelined in Kimura's character's eyes. Which is a real pity, because they have a real history (and real chemistry -- God, the chemistry) there, but this drama's not exploring it -- yet.

Is it just me? I don't see any chemistry between Lin Chi Ling's character and Kimura's. Their plot seems forced to me. The "omae ga hoshii" part literally made me cringe.
On the other hand -- I love Matsuda Shota's acting, and how
his character really seems to like Shinohara's. At first I thought he was just playing around, but -- the expression on his face when he came into the room and saw Kimura's character with Shinohara's... Even though it's so early in the show, you can get the feeling that he's serious about her -- though he approaches it in a joking manner.

I really, really want to see what becomes of this -- if Kimura's is not going to notice her, I wouldn't mind her ending up with Shota's character either.
Apologies for not having memorized their characters' names yet ;)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 13th, '10, 06:46

I'm not impressed with the first episode. Sunare seems to be more interesting. The chemistry doesn't seem to be working here. And yea...Lin Chi Ling's character is annoying. I guess I can understand why her Japanese is bad since her character only learned for a short time in China and doesn't have practice but I still don't like her. I don't get the ending with the sexy modeling poses like she's selling sex rather than furniture. Females are furniture? The story so far seems to lack substance.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 13th, '10, 09:01

After watching it for the 2nd time...

What if the reason why some of us didn't feel Kimura and Chiling's chemistry is because....
Rensuke IS really just "using" Xiu Mei. He has no good intention at all for her. He doesn't has feelings at all for her. Thus, we don't feel anything between them. That's how it suppose to be.
To think of it.... Rensuke listens to....
...Maemi. He doesn't listen to anyone else except Maemi. He can only rely on Maemi. We can see it in scenes like when she was telling him to talk to Xiu Mei in the restaurant. Or when Rensuke begged her to stay.
It might not have enough focus yet, but I feel that the story will focus on Rensuke & Maemi later.
Maemi is the only person who knows Rensuke well. The way he gave her the bottle and she gave him the stickers, was like a custom already for them. Maemi told her assistants to get the ladder even before Rensuke asked. And when Rensuke asked her by mouthing "ladder" towards her, she made a "yeah I know, they're coming" face, and he was kinda startled abt that. She also know that he was going to say, "Take off the fabrics!" even before he said it, and she said it before he did.

And did anyone notice how both Rensuke and Maemi can swing the hammer in the same way? :roll

I also love how he cheated her, "there's no one else who can design this stool but you, you're the one who give this amenbo quiz anyway,". and then in the next morning... "this is great,", "yeah well... I don't have any rivals though,", "you had...many of them,", "you mean you've ordered the design from other designers too??", "mmh...", "mmh...? you can lie with such a calm face, huh...".
It means he already received the design from other designers but he wants Maemi to do it for him, still.

That sad expression at the end in her eyes was not jealousy, but it was more because she know Rensuke is doing something not right again just to achieve his goal... that is to "use" Xiu Mei. In synopsis and interview, they have quite emphasized that Hazuki Rensuke is a character who will do anything to achieve his goal. And Kimura Takuya said he hates this character, he cannot be friends with him, if he exist in real life^^

When Xiu Mei asked whether it is okay to believe Rensuke, Maemi didn't immediately answer and kinda hesitate, exactly (maybe) because of that.

Rensuke and Maemi had a "history", that's for sure. I'm guessing they have loved each other, but something hold them back that they were never together, in the end. And just stay friends. So far, to me, seem like Rensuke shows a little bit of his yasashii side only in front of Maemi^^
Well... anyway, for me, it's RENSUKE X MAEMI, FTW!!! :cheers:

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » May 13th, '10, 15:15

seirin wrote:I'm not impressed with the first episode. Sunare seems to be more interesting. The chemistry doesn't seem to be working here. And yea...Lin Chi Ling's character is annoying. I guess I can understand why her Japanese is bad since her character only learned for a short time in China and doesn't have practice but I still don't like her. I don't get the ending with the sexy modeling poses like she's selling sex rather than furniture. Females are furniture? The story so far seems to lack substance.

There was lots of screen time for Lin Chiling. I didn't like her way of portraying the emotions of her character. And too much cavorting around the furniture for me to stomach. I just fast forwarded. What was the whole point of that scene? Sensationlism to draw media attention? If I were the factory workers I would have felt insulted and humiliated on Xiu Mei's behalf.

And I also thought that Kimura Takuya could have tried to play Rensuke as a more complex character but his expressions and mannerisms are so typical of other dramas he's been in. So Rensuke ends up flat ...I don't buy the Rensuke as president of a company that's going to overtake another company to be number one in the industry.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 13th, '10, 15:39

raven_frost wrote: And I also thought that Kimura Takuya could have tried to play Rensuke as a more complex character but his expressions and mannerisms are so typical of other dramas he's been in. So Rensuke ends up flat ...I don't buy the Rensuke as president of a company that's going to overtake another company to be number one in the industry.
yea, I didn't get that feeling either. To me, he comes across as a fairly nice guy who is very picky about everything. The other characters don't see him as anything bad either. Maybe the character he's trying to portray is very good at hiding his feelings? His childhood friend seems to know him better. Everyone was saying how nice he must be and she's saying, you don't know him.

annie_chan

Post by annie_chan » May 13th, '10, 21:13

well, I didn't get a blow when I watched the first ep.

Too much screen time for Lin Chi-ling. Her character seems bland for me and I can't feel the 'sexual tension' between her and KimuTaku like someone said.

For Shinohara Ryoko, I love her acting! She made amazing use of her best assest: her eyes! But ep 1 made me feel that they are trying to push her as the second female lead after Lin Chi-ling and that's not a good idea.

Overall, I didnt see their characters much in ep 1 except for Keiko's (who I dont particularly like) so can't say much about them. Hopefully they will