[Discussion] Sunao ni Narenakute (Ueno Juri, Eita)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » Apr 20th, '10, 12:02

bmwracer wrote:This should knock everyone's socks off:
Credit: mayeve/Baidu
I must have watched the show a million times on repeat since it came out, including the trailer. I really can't wait for Thursday. So anyway, I was really annoyed by
Eita's old-time girlfriend and her mysterious tattoo that appears and disappears.
Does not make my day to see their kiss in the news, when Eita is supposed to be with Juri. *huffy fit*

Also, I should specify -- I have a weakness for any male lead in a show that has a weakness for Juri ;) No wonder I like Eita so much, after Last Friends and Summer Time Machine Blues. He just needs to be getting his act together in this show as well...[/spoiler]

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 20th, '10, 13:30

watched the 1st ep last night and apart from annoying weird boxes transition and constant endorsment of different products (that increased my temptation of wanting an iphone so badly), i thought it was a good drama. i can't say it was very good because it did left me bored sometimes in middle of drama.
the highlight of this drama is all those cute and adotable scenes between Eita and Jury. i just loved her gentle character. even though sometimes it did remind me of nodame.
as for other characters, i have to say that i was very disappinted. i did not like Linda and Haru's friend much. i know from now that i won't bother with these two characters (pitty because one of reasons i am watching this drama was tamayama's presence) unless it gets out of cliche storylines.
as for the Doctor, reading all of your not so positive cooment about him, made me have different image of his character in my mind. to my suprise i found him much more interesting than other two. and i am totally impressed by his knowledge in nihongo.
so Nakaji's father and Haru's mother shared a past times. i am very curious about this. also the picture on nakaji's wall. for some reason's i want to know more about it. as for nakaji's gf, i think everyone knows that she is not the real thing so we shouldn't worry much about her :P

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 20th, '10, 13:54

Issy wrote:watched the 1st ep last night and apart from annoying weird boxes transition and constant endorsment of different products (that increased my temptation of wanting an iphone so badly), i thought it was a good drama. i can't say it was very good because it did left me bored sometimes in middle of drama.
I was too focused on the characters and the subtitles to really notice any of the product placement or the transition effects... It wasn't a distraction at all. :P
the highlight of this drama is all those cute and adotable scenes between Eita and Jury. i just loved her gentle character. even though sometimes it did remind me of nodame.
Yeah, I'm sure that's every viewers main interest... From the get-go, those two are probably the ones everybody cares about. :)
as for other characters, i have to say that i was very disappinted. i did not like Linda and Haru's friend much. i know from now that i won't bother with these two characters (pitty because one of reasons i am watching this drama was tamayama's presence) unless it gets out of cliche storylines.
Yeah, the other girl appears to be the nutcase of the bunch... Seems cliched.
as for the Doctor, reading all of your not so positive cooment about him, made me have different image of his character in my mind. to my suprise i found him much more interesting than other two. and i am totally impressed by his knowledge in nihongo.
At this point, I don't like this character... He's a liar: To begin a friendship with new people by lying at the start is rather pathetic, IMO.

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 20th, '10, 14:05

bmwracer wrote:i was too focused on the characters and the subtitles to really notice any of the product placement or the transition effects... It wasn't a distraction at all.
YES, for people who are too focused/obsessed/in love/head over heels :mrgreen: with jury-chan, of course it won't be noticed.( i will be suprised/shocked if you did notice them :P ) but what about the rest of us who do watch this drama with more open minds and unbiased towards any character??? 8)

:lol

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 20th, '10, 14:21

Issy wrote:
bmwracer wrote:i was too focused on the characters and the subtitles to really notice any of the product placement or the transition effects... It wasn't a distraction at all.
YES, for people who are too focused/obsessed/in love/head over heels :mrgreen: with jury-chan, of course it won't be noticed.( i will be suprised/shocked if you did notice them :P ) but what about the rest of us who do watch this drama with more open minds and unbiased towards any character??? 8)

That's Juri-chan, not "Jury-chan." :P

Open minds?

Obviously you were bored and weren't paying attention to the story, letting yourself be distracted by the other stuff... Is that supposed to be "Open-minded???" :scratch:

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 20th, '10, 14:39

yes, Juri-chan :P

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

not sure if i was distracted with anything else :roll or was i ? :unsure: :blink :P
then next time i try to watch it with no distraction of any kind. if i can manage that :mrgreen:
Last edited by Issy on Apr 20th, '10, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 20th, '10, 14:51

Issy wrote:not sure if i was distracted with anything else :roll or was i ? :unsure: :blink :P
You seem to be more interested in the products than the drama. :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 20th, '10, 15:01

bmwracer wrote:
Issy wrote:not sure if i was distracted with anything else :roll or was i ? :unsure: :blink :P

well, maybe is because i wanted an iphone for while and i can't have it right now and have to wai t:-(
:mrgreen:

btw, did not know that twiter has become such a worldwide phenomenal. i have an account but never used it. but it is a big thing here in UK too

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 20th, '10, 15:43

Issy wrote:
bmwracer wrote:

well, maybe is because i wanted an iphone for while and i can't have it right now and have to wai t:-(

btw, did not know that twiter has become such a worldwide phenomenal. i have an account but never used it. but it is a big thing here in UK too
Twitter's just a fad, like Facebook... And MySpace before that...

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Apr 20th, '10, 22:02

bmwracer wrote:
Issy wrote:
bmwracer wrote: You seem to be more interested in the products than the drama. :P

Twitter's just a fad, like Facebook... And MySpace before that...
yeah, myspace is now old school, so facebook will probably have the same outcome in five years or so.
twitter is just lame in my opinion :roll
it's a good tool to stalk people though... :unsure:
Last edited by miznagase on Apr 20th, '10, 23:13, edited 1 time in total.

Outside

Post by Outside » Apr 20th, '10, 23:03

Sunao Ni Narenakute's Episode 2 Synopsis
After Haru (Ueno Juri) cleaned the coffee stain off Nakaji's (Eita) pants, she takes them and goes to his house. But, the one who opened the door was a woman - Kiriko (Igawa Haruka) whom she met and talked with at the cafe previously with Nakaji.

Hikaru meets with Yano (Katsumura Masanobu) and tells him that she might be pregnant. But Yano questions coldly if it's really his child. With that, Hikaru couldn't hide her shocked face.

Linda (Tamayama Tetsuji) receives instructions from the Chief Okuda to present at the project meeting. Everyone else on the team is getting jealous of Linda, and openly questions whether he slept with Okuda or not.

Docter (Jejung) who's sales aren't rising, keeps getting bullied by his boss Minehara (Tanaka Tetsushi). Minehara uses the reason of the company's insufficient funds and suddenly returns a stack of Doctor's receipts and says that ones who can't get contracts will have to pay out of his pocket.

That night, Haru bumps into Nakaji at a nearby convenient store, and apologises for not calling before intruding that day. On the way home with Nakaji, Haru tells him that she's happy that he encouraged her. When Haru is frustrated with work, she thinks back to the can of coffee written with "Ganbare". [T/N: same as "hwaiting" but in Japanese] Nakaji then gives Haru a photo, it was the one that he took of her when they first met. After reaching home, Haru calls Hikaru, but she didn't answer. Even so, Haru leaves a message saying how she feels happy when she is with Nakaji, and she feels her heart beating faster.

At that time, something unexpected happens. Using the name "Peach", Hikaru leaves a message on twitter saying "Actually, i'm going to die", and slits her wrist. After realising the depth of the message, Haru and Nakaji contact each other and rush to Hikaru's house and send her to a hospital which Linda knows people there...

Source: [Hey!JJ + Sunao ni Narenakute HP]
Translation Credits: tvxq_luv@tohosomnia.net
Shared by: tohosomnia.net
Please do not add on/remove credits
Hmm I can't wait! So I guess we will find out whose the person behind the door at the beginning of first epi already. A little sooner than expected.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Apr 21st, '10, 00:57

thanks for the synopsis.
I wasn't hoping for the person behind the door to be revealed this fast. And actually even if Hikaru did commit suicide, I didn't really care for her character in there. I know I may sound bad but I think it's too short of a character development to really care for her that much yet. And didn't she already slit her wrist before? That means she's the suicidal type. So I won't be really surprised if she did kill herself. I was hoping from someone totally unexpected to do that.

AnonKuro

Post by AnonKuro » Apr 21st, '10, 01:06

so after the first episode i have a question,
anyone know anything about haru's student? from the way he was staring at her and said dont mind to her when she was getting yelled at gives me the feeling that he likes her. i personally think it's cute and wouldn't mind a teacher-student subplot(:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 21st, '10, 01:39

AnonKuro wrote:so after the first episode i have a question,
anyone know anything about haru's student? from the way he was staring at her and said dont mind to her when she was getting yelled at gives me the feeling that he likes her. i personally think it's cute and wouldn't mind a teacher-student subplot(:
Yet another subplot? :sweat:

Seems like a lot of stuff is going on for an 11 episode drama... :scratch:

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 21st, '10, 03:47

I don't think we're going to see any cute teacher-student relationship. The way he was looking at her made it look anything but cute and I'm actually kind of scared to see what happens there. Though I had to laugh at the girl who stood up in class and complained about the lesson only to get shot down.
Jae's character is quite lovable. It's his first Jdrama and he's still barely scratched the surface in acting anyway but, I have to say, he didn't do too bad and I was quite nervous for him beforehand.

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Apr 21st, '10, 03:55

Rori wrote:
I don't think we're going to see any cute teacher-student relationship. The way he was looking at her made it look anything but cute and I'm actually kind of scared to see what happens there. Though I had to laugh at the girl who stood up in class and complained about the lesson only to get shot down.
I agree, he looked like those creepy stalker types. :whistling:

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Apr 21st, '10, 04:18

avieamber wrote:thanks for the synopsis.
I wasn't hoping for the person behind the door to be revealed this fast. And actually even if Hikaru did commit suicide, I didn't really care for her character in there. I know I may sound bad but I think it's too short of a character development to really care for her that much yet. And didn't she already slit her wrist before? That means she's the suicidal type. So I won't be really surprised if she did kill herself. I was hoping from someone totally unexpected to do that.
It might not be Hikaru though. It can be two separate cases of suicide attempts. The way Nakaji ran to the place at the beginning of the first episode and his voiceover seemed to be very personal, like it's because of his own fault or something. And I may be thinking too much but from reading the synopsis it seemed Hikaru slits her wrist during the night. (After Haru reached home, called Hikaru but no one answered). The scene at the beginning happened during daylight.
Plus, I think it's too soon to reveal that person since we haven't sympathized enough with any character yet. I guess this is just a red-herring.

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » Apr 21st, '10, 11:58

AnonKuro wrote:so after the first episode i have a question,
I got the exact same feeling as you did! He's super young though -_- But of course I can't say no to more people liking Juri! He does seem a creepy stalker-type though.
Especially the way he kept staring at Juri in the staff room, and turned back to look at her even after he had walked off.
I want to see what happens of this subplot. Does Eita come and save the day?

It's really packed full of subplots and possibilities. I'd love to see what becomes of all these subplots. Think things will continue to move along in the next episode! It's been extremely exciting so far (or maybe it's just the thrill of seeing Juri and Eita on screen).

Did anyone else think it was interesting that at the beginning of the series, Nakaji ran past the same staircase he and Haru ran down when they were running away from the thugs in the bar? I wonder whose house he was running to.

I hope the blood-door reveal doesn't take place so soon. Truthfully, I think it may not be Hikaru, because of the monologue Nakaji had at the beginning:
"Back then, we didn't know what love was." Since there has been no development of a love relationship between Nakaji and Hikaru yet, I don't think the owner of the blood behind the door is her. Unfortunately, by extension, because Eita is supposed to be with Juri (right?) -- does that mean the blood belongs to Juri's character?

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Apr 21st, '10, 15:13

"Back then, we didn't know what love was." Since there has been no development of a love relationship between Nakaji and Hikaru yet, I don't think the owner of the blood behind the door is her. Unfortunately, by extension, because Eita is supposed to be with Juri (right?) -- does that mean the blood belongs to Juri's character?
[/quote]
Yeah, i thought he really sounded worried and it's not like friend-kind of worried more of lover-kinda of worried :D So it might be someone extremely close to him. It'd be really interesting if it's really Haru though. Coz she doesn't seem like the type to commit suicide or do anything silly like that, so maybe something really bad happened, or she was hurt by someone else. The stalker student guy from her school kinda worries me now as we speak of these possibilities. But it's too early to say now, I guess we;ll just have to watch couple more episodes to predict.

voldemort

Post by voldemort » Apr 21st, '10, 15:57

Yeah they introduced quite a number of subplots. I just hope that they won't solve most of them too easily... and that the inreactions between them will be subtle enough.

flamethunder85

Post by flamethunder85 » Apr 21st, '10, 16:59

Official website's been updated with photo gallery and trailer for episode 2.
http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/sunao/sp_galle ... index.html

ImageImage

One spoiler pic for episode 2.
20100418 Mezamashi. SPOILER ALERT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4bxhGsJ ... re=related

Outside

Post by Outside » Apr 21st, '10, 17:01

After seeing the 30 second promo for the 2nd episode.....
Is Haru's mom having an affair with Nakaji's dad?!!! :O

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 21st, '10, 18:12

flamethunder85 wrote:Image
That's Nodame. :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 21st, '10, 19:57

Haha. I was sure I'd see you here. :P

Yep, some Nodameness is there, but I really don't think she is like Nodame at all. I do like Haru as a character though.
Last edited by Orion1986 on Apr 22nd, '10, 21:07, edited 1 time in total.

lomsie

Post by lomsie » Apr 21st, '10, 21:42

It's really funny, kind of, how everyone is deciding what they think about characters, when we've only seen the first episode. How can we have a good idea of who they are with only one episode. There are the stock roles in Japanese dramas that they may fill, but I'd hold judgment until the last ep.

As for "Doctor"...
bmwracer wrote:At this point, I don't like this character... He's a liar: To begin a friendship with new people by lying at the start is rather pathetic, IMO.
I don't get the revulsion to his character. He's not a perfect character, and thank god, because then he would be boring and nothing interesting would happen, because he was already so perfect with no human flaws.

I mean, look at what he does for a living, begging doctors to buy medical equipment, and being degraded by them while they say no. On top of that, he's being bullied at work and he's not doing so well there. It's a humiliating situation to be in, but he does it (I'm assuming) for his younger sister (I'm interested in this storyline). I could see why he wouldn't want his friends, probably his only friends, know what he really does. It's just too embarrassing for him. He is a sad character, but I hope through the drama he is able to gain confidence. And that's what we call character growth! You have to start from somewhere.

I'm really interested in his storyline, because he's Korean, and the history of Korean people living permanently in Japan has been one of prejudice, discrimination, and outright violence, although it has gotten better. So I'm interested to see if the writers and director will incorporate any of that in his story.

Having said all that, I'm excited for the second episode.

And, Issy, I want an iPhone too! (good to see you from the "Naka nai to kimeta hi" forum. I hope this drama turns out better than that one!).

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 22nd, '10, 03:11

Sunao Ni Narenakute Ep 02 CM (30sec)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB8_iqNd ... r_embedded
Whoah whoah, is that Haru's brother with her freaky-I look like I'm up to no good-student. Wonder what's going to happen there.

debittoo

Post by debittoo » Apr 22nd, '10, 13:55

I have already finished to watch the second episode and i must to say it was epic!!! ><
And i cried...XD

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » Apr 22nd, '10, 14:34

debittoo wrote:I have already finished to watch the second episode and i must to say it was epic!!! ><
I'm still waiting desperately for subtitles or the raw to come out. Trying not to spoil myself too much, but can't resist the temptation to come here. Will force myself to stay away for the next few days until the subs come out though... This is really the worst time of the week, right after an episode and right before you're able to watch it ;) At least for the rest of the week there can be speculation and sharing of ideas with fellow fans. Avoiding spoilers has got to be the loneliest state ever...

Will be away till the subs come out!

flamethunder85

Post by flamethunder85 » Apr 22nd, '10, 14:41

Finished watching ep2 as well.
First tear for Sunao, and it goes to Haru sensei. Nakaji baka!
How could you let Doctor go for the date, when you unconsciously know Haru's feeling.
Haru was so disappointed. :cry:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 22nd, '10, 14:46

flamethunder85 wrote:Finished watching ep2 as well.
First tear for Sunao, and it goes to Haru sensei. Nakaji baka!
How could you let Doctor go for the date, when you unconsciously know Haru's feeling.
Haru was so disappointed. :cry:
I haven't seen Episode 2 yet, but I'm not surprised... If it were smooth sailing, it wouldn't be much of a drama, ne? :mrgreen:

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Apr 22nd, '10, 14:58

lomsie wrote:
As for "Doctor"...
bmwracer wrote:At this point, I don't like this character... He's a liar: To begin a friendship with new people by lying at the start is rather pathetic, IMO.
I don't get the revulsion to his character. He's not a perfect character, and thank god, because then he would be boring and nothing interesting would happen, because he was already so perfect with no human flaws.

I mean, look at what he does for a living, begging doctors to buy medical equipment, and being degraded by them while they say no. On top of that, he's being bullied at work and he's not doing so well there. It's a humiliating situation to be in, but he does it (I'm assuming) for his younger sister (I'm interested in this storyline). I could see why he wouldn't want his friends, probably his only friends, know what he really does. It's just too embarrassing for him. He is a sad character, but I hope through the drama he is able to gain confidence. And that's what we call character growth! You have to start from somewhere.

I'm really interested in his storyline, because he's Korean, and the history of Korean people living permanently in Japan has been one of prejudice, discrimination, and outright violence, although it has gotten better. So I'm interested to see if the writers and director will incorporate any of that in his story.
Agreed. Even tho his acting still has room for improvement, I think the character itself was quite likeable. I'm also expecting an interesting storyline with his sister. I can't remember if the first episode said anything about their parents, and why they are in Japan by themselves. As a japanology student, I'm also interested in Koreans living in Japan, though I'm more familiar with zainichi, and not so much with Koreans who have just moved to Japan.

Anyway, I don't think it's fair to dislike him over lying, especially because Nakaji lied, too. Right now only Haru knows what he really does (what kind of pictures he takes), and they have spent a lot more time with each other than with the other characters. They have met the Doctor only once. They all have things they can't get honest about.

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 22nd, '10, 15:09

third to agree on likig the Doctor. i too found his character ineresting and fun to watch. the fact that he lied to everyone, does not bother me much and i really don't hold against him specially after i saw what is going on in his real life and how he has been struggling. atleast it got me interested in his story much more than Tamayama's character which i was kind of disappointed with it.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 22nd, '10, 15:49

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Apr 22nd, '10, 18:24

just finished watching the second episode
so doctor is not the only one lying about his job.
peach lied about being a flight attendant.
that's why she was pissed off at haru when she told everyone the truth about her being a school teacher.
anyways, i feel bad for doctor because he mistakenly believes that haru likes him after that soccer incident.
is nakaji really that dumb to think that haru likes doctor instead of him? :glare:
i wonder what the secret is between haru's mom and nakaji's dad.
hopefully neither haru nor nakaji is the offspring between those two :blink
i also feel bad for linda because he needs to sleep with that gross-ass boss :crazy:
can't wait for the third episode :thumleft:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 22nd, '10, 19:21

miznagase wrote:just finished watching the second episode
so doctor is not the only one lying about his job.
peach lied about being a flight attendant.
that's why she was pissed off at haru when she told everyone the truth about her being a school teacher.
anyways, i feel bad for doctor because he mistakenly believes that haru likes him after that soccer incident.
is nakaji really that dumb to think that haru likes doctor instead of him? :glare:
i wonder what the secret is between haru's mom and nakaji's dad.
i also feel bad for linda because he needs to sleep with that gross-ass boss :crazy:
I'm going to wait for the subs this time before watching it... Hope they show up soon. :)

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Apr 22nd, '10, 19:56

i just watched the first epi and the series is so promising

chunny

Post by chunny » Apr 22nd, '10, 20:09

ah! Epsiode 2 has been released is it?
I'm off to watch it now. Am definitely looking forward as to how eveyrthing will turn on!
I love you guys for the comments and discussion.
Definitely made me anticipate more! :)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 22nd, '10, 20:51

chunny wrote:ah! Epsiode 2 has been released is it?
Yup.

See my earlier post for the link. :thumright:

ik0n

Post by ik0n » Apr 22nd, '10, 22:44

Sorry to jump in the topic out of nowhere but are the English subs out for this Drama? I've seen the Jap subs floating around so yeh... please get back to me. Thanks. :)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 22nd, '10, 22:47

ik0n wrote:Sorry to jump in the topic out of nowhere but are the English subs out for this Drama? I've seen the Jap subs floating around so yeh... please get back to me. Thanks. :)
English subs are out, but under the name of Hard to Say I Love You.

And it's Japanese, not Jap. :sweat:

ik0n

Post by ik0n » Apr 22nd, '10, 23:04

@ Bmwracer: Thank you!! :)
And I'm sorry, I was quick with the post... I will use it the right-way next time. ^^

neofire

Post by neofire » Apr 22nd, '10, 23:34

So many subplots - this is testing my knowledge of the Japanese language, trying to understand all the plots without the subs.
Doctor likes Haru, Haru likes Nakaji...and Doctor is jealous of Nakaji...I guess.
From the soccer incident...and Nakaji is trying to match Doctor and Haru up.
Yeah, I guess Nakaji does not have that kind of feeling for Haru - yet.

You can really see Haru is very uncomfortable going on a date with Doctor.

In one of the scene Linda seems to have shown some feeling for Nakaji...I wonder how this plot will develop.

So Doctor bagged Linda to help him with selling the medical equipment - since Linda's dad is a big shot at a hospital. And his dad is not liking Linda's career choice.

So Nakaji is supporting his dad and they seems to have a strained relationship.

Peach tried to kill herself because her lover - boyfriend think she is lying about being pregnant.

And - Nakaji is having an affair with a married woman, does he think they are going to have a good ending, he obviously seems really upset when he saw the husband hugging her.

So does it mean now that Nakaji finally realized Haru has feeling for him.

And how will Nakaji and Haru parents relation affect their relationship?

Yes poor Linda...with that horny boss.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 23rd, '10, 02:35

The song I liked from the ending of the first ep is called "Fight Song" by The Republic Tigers. If anyone was looking. :-)

Although the version in the drama sounds slightly different. :blink

Outside

Post by Outside » Apr 23rd, '10, 03:17

Omg yessss!!!!!!!! apparently, the rating went up!!! :cheers:

素直になれなくて Sunao Ni Narenakute Ratings Episode 2:
13.2%
22:00-22:54 CX* Thursday Drama

source: baidutvxq

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 23rd, '10, 03:37

^ Totally deserved to, this episode was really good. Who didn't think it was going to raise anyway. :P
Poor Haru, but like mentioned earlier, where would the drama be? It's all leading up to something. I have to say, poor Doctor, too. Still doesn't realize and Nakaji didn't help him with setting (I'm guessing that's what he did without having subs) it up. Only making it worse.

I'm so bored with Linda and Peachs' (only know them by their twitter alias') storyline now, even though it's only the second episode. I hope it gets a bit more exiting. Though I do feel sorry for Linda and the situation with his boss.

Preview: Ugh, is Nakaji's ... what in the world is she; gf; lover? The one with the tattoo on her neck abusing Haru there? And erm, her husband I'm guessing, does he not have keys to his own house? :unsure:
The music and songs used in this drama are beautiful.

mrmoonlight

Post by mrmoonlight » Apr 23rd, '10, 04:00

I've jest registered here
Yoroshiku > <

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 23rd, '10, 04:31

mrmoonlight wrote:I've jest registered here
Yoroshiku > <
Hey, I know you... Yoroshiku! :thumleft:

mrmoonlight

Post by mrmoonlight » Apr 23rd, '10, 04:34

:cry: :cry: Haru :cry: :cry:
Nakaji makes me quite saddd[/spoiler]

rikimaru1

Music in Ep. 2?

Post by rikimaru1 » Apr 23rd, '10, 16:07

Rori wrote:
The music and songs used in this drama are beautiful.
It is, isn't it? 8)

Does anybody know the name of the song or band at the end of Episode 2? (the last scene)

Outside

Post by Outside » Apr 23rd, '10, 17:43

Few ENG SUB for 2nd episode is out!!! Tohoshinki fans are fast! lol
The rest will follow soon :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLY8sfHtaWQ

Orion1986

Re: Music in Ep. 2?

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 23rd, '10, 19:01

rikimaru1 wrote: Does anybody know the name of the song or band at the end of Episode 2? (the last scene)
I skipped to the end to make sure. It's the same as in episode 1. If you mean the last scene before the preview of the next.

Song's called "Fight Song" by The Republic Tigers. The version in the drama is different though. I couldn't find that one so maybe the people in charge of the music for the series made their own remix? No idea.

Edit: Found it. Fight Song (Gossip Girl Soundtrack Version). So, the version in the drama is the one used in Gossip Girl.

Romance

Post by Romance » Apr 23rd, '10, 19:20

Second ep was good!

a2a

Post by a2a » Apr 23rd, '10, 20:14

Oh gosh so many things going on at once... I wonder if we'll get an answer for all of them.
So I suspect that Linda is homosexual & that's why he can't function with women. First Peach & then, from what I understand from the 3rd ep preview, the boss. Plus that scene with Nakaji.
Also, it just may be that either Haru or Shu is actually a half-sibling of Nakaji. Seems like their parents have had the affair for years & Haru's mom has a secret (she stated it). I can only assume that. OMG I'll freak out if it's Haru! But then I already ship her with Doctor. His face when he sees her is hilarious, plus they're both pitiful.
Oh & that student seems to want to toy with Haru. I'm 100% sure he knows who Shu is & he provides him with the "stuff".
No wonder ep 2 picked up. It's getting fucked up already! :P
I love it!

voldemort

Post by voldemort » Apr 23rd, '10, 20:27

Yes episode 2 is really good. Hope ratings will grow up ;)
a2a wrote:
Also, it just may be that either Haru or Shu is actually a half-sibling of Nakaji. Seems like their parents have had the affair for years & Haru's mom has a secret (she stated it). I can only assume that.
I do really hope it is something less straightforward than that! Let's wait and see ;)

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Apr 24th, '10, 03:01

a2a wrote:
Also, it just may be that either Haru or Shu is actually a half-sibling of Nakaji. Seems like their parents have had the affair for years & Haru's mom has a secret (she stated it). I can only assume that. OMG I'll freak out if it's Haru!
No wonder ep 2 picked up. It's getting fucked up already! :P
I love it!
I wouldn't put it past Kitagawa Eriko to pull that trick again. She already did it once in another drama (don't click if you don't know or don't want to know which other drama I'm talking about)
Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi
and the effect of "it" still haunts me till this day. If the story is going into that direction, I can see Haru being the one behind the door.
I don't think Shu is Nakaji's half-sibling. I think if one of them is actually a half-sibling of Nakaji, there will be more impact to the story (and the rating) if it's Haru

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Apr 24th, '10, 04:12

bmwracer wrote:
ik0n wrote:Sorry to jump in the topic out of nowhere but are the English subs out for this Drama? I've seen the Jap subs floating around so yeh... please get back to me. Thanks. :)
English subs are out, but under the name of Hard to Say I Love You.

And it's Japanese, not Jap. :sweat:
it has been changed to Sunao Ni Narenakute just yesterday :thumright:

ik0n

Post by ik0n » Apr 24th, '10, 06:47

Just got done watching the first episode, so far I kinda like it... it's very twisted though. There's just so much going on and I still don't know whats up with those tattoos and stuff. Guess we'll find out sooner or later. =/

rikimaru1

Re: Music in Ep. 2?

Post by rikimaru1 » Apr 24th, '10, 15:19

Orion1986 wrote:
I skipped to the end to make sure. It's the same as in episode 1. If you mean the last scene before the preview of the next.

Song's called "Fight Song" by The Republic Tigers. The version in the drama is different though. I couldn't find that one so maybe the people in charge of the music for the series made their own remix? No idea.

Edit: Found it. Fight Song (Gossip Girl Soundtrack Version). So, the version in the drama is the one used in Gossip Girl.
Thanks! (I would never have found it by myself...)

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Apr 24th, '10, 15:21

a2a wrote:Oh gosh so many things going on at once... I wonder if we'll get an answer for all of them.
So I suspect that Linda is homosexual & that's why he can't function with women. First Peach & then, from what I understand from the 3rd ep preview, the boss. Plus that scene with Nakaji.
yup me too, after watching the scene with Nakaji I suspected that he is homosexual..then I remembered his scene with Peach...
nnnc wrote: wouldn't put it past Kitagawa Eriko to pull that trick again. She already did it once in another drama (don't click if you don't know or don't want to know which other drama I'm talking about)
yeah I remembered this drama as well..but the question, will she use the same trick again? :roll

mrmoonlight

Post by mrmoonlight » Apr 24th, '10, 15:28

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Apr 24th, '10, 15:33

mrmoonlight wrote:http://exotsia.livejournal.com/25402.html

Sub ep 2 is out!

that's fast...thanks! :D

Ayisha

Post by Ayisha » Apr 24th, '10, 15:46

It's getting complicated and I'm hooked, LOL.
Did Nakaji hear that Haru likes him?

neofire

Post by neofire » Apr 24th, '10, 16:04

I thought the uncomfortable hidden tension between Nakaji and Haru is going to last longer
I think Linda does have feeling for Nakaji, and the scene with Peach - Linda is just comforting her as a friend.

And it seems Nakaji probably heard Haru confession at the station.

mrmoonlight

Post by mrmoonlight » Apr 24th, '10, 16:06

neofire wrote:I thought the uncomfortable hidden tension between Nakaji and Haru is going to last longer
I think Linda does have feeling for Nakaji, and the scene with Peach - Linda is just comforting her as a friend.

And it seems Nakaji probably heard Haru confession at the station.

I think so tooo !

mrmoonlight

Post by mrmoonlight » Apr 24th, '10, 16:30

I wondered what Haru's mom and Nakaji's dad said "What happened at that time, It's a secret that only the two of us know" Maybe.. Haru and Nakaji are the children of this couple. = =" If there are the same plot with One Million Stars falling from the Sky of Eriko

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » Apr 24th, '10, 20:08

Just a few thoughts?

I think Nakaji picked a long hair off Rinda's jacket. I don't think it's anything suggestive. Just proof of Rinda's boss sexually harrassing him. I think the secret is Haru's mom is having an affair with Nakaji's dad.

Just a wild guess on my part...I could see the married woman who's having an affair with Nakaji developing an obsession with him then becomes insanely jealous of Haru. This could lead to her either trying to kill herself or attacking Haru. Hence, the opening scene of the series.

I keep on thinking how Haru keeps warning Nakaji that his suggestive attitude will lead to trouble. A bit of foreshadowing?

kimigasukinanda

Post by kimigasukinanda » Apr 24th, '10, 21:49

^^Actually...
That really doesn't make much sense... he didn't look afraid (like he was raped or anything and now scared of the HUMAN TOUCH)... cuz otherwise he would have an even harsher reaction to Peach's advances. And then he looked at Eita's character with total lust in his eyes... wow..... he must be a gay I think. I'm shippin' them right now! lol!
Also...
I swear, if Haru and Eita are found out to be siblings, I will kill someone! I want them together =(

cojung

Post by cojung » Apr 25th, '10, 02:37

just back in d-addict coz I'm addicted to Eita-Juri.

Minna yoroshiku ne. May I join some idea?
I think Haru-Nakaji might not be sibling as Haru mom said like back they kid(s) were little. So I guess, the affair happened after at least Haru born.

anyway, if it true. I wanna kill someone too. Poor Eita, he always can not get together with Juri chan
@condorjoe : I think the same way as your comment about Nakaji's girlfriend.

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » Apr 25th, '10, 05:37

miznagase wrote:
Oh my God -- I got the exact same vibes as you!

Finally finally finished watching the second episode with Chinese subs... I was kind of sleepy during the first half, but completely blown away during the second half.

Let's do this one by one; massive spoilers to follow.
Let's start with Linda, because I feel so sorry for him, and his is probably the most complicated so far. The look in his eyes when he studied Nakaji -- sudden lust or fear that his affair would have been found out? At first I thought they were going to make his character gay, thus explaining his inability to perform before women, but now I think he's just painfully afraid of being found out.

Nakaji. Completely blind, perhaps? His smile when he realised Doctor liked Haru suggested that he completely had no romantic feelings towards Haru at that point in time. He was genuinely pleased that his friends were going to hitch up, and he wanted to help them. (Which made the fangirl in me sad because I hoped that Nakaji would at least look the slightest bit jealous that Doctor liked Haru.) Yet by the end of the episode, he'd clearly heard Haru's confession -- seriously, at that point in time I totally froze up like Haru and had to pause the video to get my bearings. I completely was not expecting that -- probably like many others, I'd expected the unresolved tension to go on some more. And in the preview, it seems that Nakaji is starting to feel a bit awkward about knowing that Haru likes him.

The preview for the next episode. I'll need to watch that again -- right now I'm just overcome with emotion and with all the oh noes, are Haru and Nakaji related? to watch it properly.

Completely off-topic in terms of plot -- Haru was absolutely stunning when she turned up for her date. Whew.
Edited to add:
Out of curiosity, what is Nakaji's ex-girlfriend doing to Haru in the preview? Is she comforting her or attacking her? I've played it a few times but can't make it out.
[/spoiler]

grandgestures

Post by grandgestures » Apr 25th, '10, 06:46

The first episode didn't feel very satisfying, but episode 2 finally felt like Kitagawa-san's writing.
The dialogues in the convenience store were absolutely perfect, and Haru's personality was able to shine much more. Absolutely perfect:
stolenxkisses wrote:
Out of curiosity, what is Nakaji's ex-girlfriend doing to Haru in the preview? Is she comforting her or attacking her? I've played it a few times but can't make it out.
Kiriko was saying "He won't be satisfied with a child like you!" so I'm nearly certain it wasn't in comfort.

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » Apr 25th, '10, 07:07

grandgestures wrote:
Kiriko was saying "He won't be satisfied with a child like you!" so I'm nearly certain it wasn't in comfort.
;) Sorry for not clarifying -- I meant in the last few seconds of the preview. It seemed rather ambiguous. I translated her earlier statement the same way you did.

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » Apr 25th, '10, 07:52

I don't know if Nakaji realizes the depth of Haru's feelings for him yet. Based on the first two episodes, Haru knows that he has a girlfriend plus she's always calling him out whenever he sends the wrong signal.

Haru could easily deny her true feelings to his face and Nakaji would believe her. All I know that it's going to be tangled mess with these two. You got Doctor, Kiriko, their parents. A lot of obstacles. Sheesh.

On a side note,That kid in Haru's class is creepy. He's the sort of character you might see in some Hentai dvd. I don't know what he has planned for Haru just that he's her brother's drug dealer.

voldemort

Post by voldemort » Apr 25th, '10, 09:54

Eventhough his character has not been developped much so far... I'm also feeling sad for Linda, he so badly wants friends that he does all those sacrifices !
And it's also sad that the other two are using him for their job purpose. Doctor who forces him to go back to his father who he hasn't met for so long. And Nakaji who sends him right in his boss bed. Are Doctor and Nakaji really considering him as a friend?

I hope at some point, Linda will also get something from the other!

grandgestures

Post by grandgestures » Apr 25th, '10, 10:46

stolenxkisses wrote:
grandgestures wrote:
;) Sorry for not clarifying -- I meant in the last few seconds of the preview. It seemed rather ambiguous. I translated her earlier statement the same way you did.
Oh! I just assumed that since it did look like comforting, and the other person's hair was rather long, that it was Peach. It never occurred to me to think that it was a scene between Kiriko and Haru...

Romance

Post by Romance » Apr 25th, '10, 10:53

Do you guys think linda is gay?

Do you guys think haru and nakaji actually are siblings? :w00t: