[Discussion] Sunao ni Narenakute (Ueno Juri, Eita)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Outside

Post by Outside » May 4th, '10, 04:00

So I guess it's confirmed! Here's bit of the translation from the magazine.
Linda (Tamayama Tetsuji):
A leader-like for the 5. He’s getting sexually harassed by his boss at work Okuda (Watanabe Eri) but can’t reject her.In his private life he has a secret feeling for Nakaji.

trans by: Rieko@sharingyoochun
Waiting for the rest to be translated first before posting all here!

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » May 4th, '10, 05:10

Loool! Jae Joon does kamehameha. So random! :scratch: :D

Outside

Post by Outside » May 4th, '10, 05:55

Here's are more translation from the magazine! It's full of spoilers!

Sunao Ni Narenakute 5/13 10:00-10:54 fuji tv

5 young people who met though “twitter” to find someone they can talk about anything. A young generation love story “Sunao Ni Narenakute”. To make their bond stronger the 5 met. Sunao ni narenakute = sunanare club was made but Haru (Ueno Juri) falls for the kind hearted Nakaji (Eita),Doctor (Jaejoong) starts liking Haru, Peach (seki megumi) and Linda(Tamayama Testuji) gets attracted to Nakaji too. But Nakaji has a destined women Kiriko (Igawa Haruka)…their red thread gets tangled.

From now shocking incidents happen and the situation becomes more dirty and complicated.

On the 5th episode (airs on 5/13) the awkward position Haru and Nakaji was in gets better. But Kiriko who saw the 2 walking friendly together gets jealous and Haru who doesn’t know lives peacefully. But one day at the school she works at, a student calls her to come out. That student was the person who was giving illegal drugs to her little brother.

-------

The producer confesses honestly!
Secret of the future pure but complicated story!
The sudden change of love,friendship,and jealousy…
We asked the producer about the future story!
We will show the key scenes with quotes!

The love triangle comes to a sudden change!
Nakaji who says stuff like “tell me when you need help” so smoothly. “He’s nice to everyone. But his feelings to Haru is special. The love triangle with Doctor gets deeper”- Producer

Key man is Kiriko, escalation of her jealousy!?
Kiriko who starts to go crazy being jealous tries to separate Nakaji and Haru by lying. Producer says “She is the key man to mix Nakaji and Haru’s relationship. But it won’t be drawn abusively”.

Students with darkness, Haru is in danger!
Haru who is living purely is disturbed by her students.
“In the 1st episode Nakaji saved her from the young boys but in episode 5… from this incident the 5′s relationship changes” -producer

The love scene?
Nakaji and Haru, Linda and Peach, many pairs appeared. “Episode 5 is where Doctors feelings is told to Haru and you are able to see many love scenes. In the episode depressing incident happens to Peach, the scene in episode 1 the ‘blood scene’ is shown. But someone out of the 5 commiting suicide is something I want to avoid. Its going to be a surprising change” -producer

Each of their one-way love starts to show…

Sunanare club which has each of their love. “Right now each of them wants to hold in who likes who but they’re more in pain to go to the Sunanare club. Also each of their love is starting to show so it gets even harder to go. But its the 5′s young love drama, so you can’t cut their bond”.

Credit+Trans by: Rieko@sharingyoochun
My take!
I really do think the person behind the door is Kirko! But she won't died. Instead, it's only gonna tide Nakaji to her more.
[/img]

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 4th, '10, 07:16

Wow. Looking forward to episode 5.

A few thoughts....
It looks like by the end of next episode that Nakaji and Haru will work things out. It sounds like we'll find out who's behind the bloody door by episode 5. It sounds like the safe bet is Kiriko. She is crazy. I kinda find it funny that the majority of the group are all attracted to Nakaji. Haru is right. The guy just wants to make friends and they all fantasize him even though he's spoken for. Sheesh.

I also find interesting what Japanese television's definition of love scenes. Does that mean more romantic or physical love scenes? I'm not quite sure.

JC

Post by JC » May 4th, '10, 10:30

vege-okonomiyaki wrote:
JC wrote:Okay. I have to give my 2 pence on Tetsuji Tamayama's character...

[spoiler]I'm wondering what the deal is going to be with "Linda". Even at this stage, it's looking like we're going to get cop outs where his 'sexuality' may be concerned. In episode 1 there was a hint that "Linda" might be gay, then again in episode 2. Now erectile disfunction is in the mix. It's like "Here we go..." - another reason to just not have a character be gay in a J-drama. I just hope we don't get cop out excuses for him as we did for Eita's character in Last friends. Because that was some BS.[/spoiler]
I think Linda's gay. ED is just a description for a symptom, not a cause. He's clearly got a thing for Nakaji.
"Linda" should be. But this is a J-drama, so we'll probably get some cop out reason towards the end, like "I only knew sex as a means to save my job, but now Peach has had her child - i want to be a Father and now everything's sugar and rainbows!"
I don't see the big deal. Social feeling about homosexuality aside, Tetsuji played a gay character before, and we even got a kiss! Sure, it was just a peck, but it was something you could class as a kiss - as opposed to these pieces of **** we always get in J-drama's that i can only describe as lip touches :D

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » May 4th, '10, 12:16

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 4th, '10, 13:42

condorjoe wrote:Wow. Looking forward to episode 5.
Episode 5?? :scratch:

Did I fall asleep for a week and miss Episode 4?? :sweat:

Issy

Post by Issy » May 4th, '10, 13:59

bmwracer wrote:

:P i guess we all did.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 4th, '10, 14:02

Issy wrote:
bmwracer wrote:

It was probably the key episode, I'll bet. :mrgreen:

RainSprite

Post by RainSprite » May 4th, '10, 21:36

Sounds like episode 5 will be quite interesting ~

I think Linda's character is interesting. At first, I thought that Linda and Peach would end up together.. but now I'm not so sure because of the translation give by Outside above.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 4th, '10, 21:50

RainSprite wrote:Sounds like episode 5 will be quite interesting ~

I think Linda's character is interesting. At first, I thought that Linda and Peach would end up together.. but now I'm not so sure because of the translation give by Outside above.
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
you do mean ep4. right? because i am getting confused in here. seriously :scratch:

RainSprite

Post by RainSprite » May 4th, '10, 22:10

Issy wrote:

you do mean ep4. right? because i am getting confused in here. seriously :scratch:
Yeah, episodes 4 and 5. I got confused a bit there myself, people are talking about translations from episode 5 now o.o

What day does episode 4 air?

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 4th, '10, 22:15

RainSprite wrote:
Issy wrote:

Yeah, episodes 4 and 5. I got confused a bit there myself, people are talking about translations from episode 5 now o.o

What day does episode 4 air?
Thursday, 10PM, Japan.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 4th, '10, 23:17

After watching 2 episodes so far, I wonder do they show someone "normal". I mean, the accumulation of personal problems is too much as for me. I know life is not rose petals and honey, but... Haru's brother is a junkie, Linda is messed up, Doctor is a weirdo, Peach needs serious treatment in a closed facility, maybe Haru is the one so-so normal. Nakaji as for me, manipulates with other people's feelings.
And Kiriko is downright psycho.
Hope they cut this gordian knot somehow.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 4th, '10, 23:35

Ethlenn wrote:After watching 2 episodes so far, I wonder do they show someone "normal". I mean, the accumulation of personal problems is too much as for me. I know life is not rose petals and honey, but... Haru's brother is a junkie, Linda is messed up, Doctor is a weirdo, Peach needs serious treatment in a closed facility, maybe Haru is the one so-so normal. Nakaji as for me, manipulates with other people's feelings.
LOL.

Yeah, everyone seems to be dysfunctional in some way, the least so being Haru.

I guess the writer thinks that if you have a group of just regular, normal people you don't have much of a drama, ne? :sweat:

Issy

Post by Issy » May 4th, '10, 23:36

Ethlenn wrote:After watching 2 episodes so far, I wonder do they show someone "normal". I mean, the accumulation of personal problems is too much as for me. I know life is not rose petals and honey, but... Haru's brother is a junkie, Linda is messed up, Doctor is a weirdo, Peach needs serious treatment in a closed facility, maybe Haru is the one so-so normal. Nakaji as for me, manipulates with other people's feelings.
that's what i said few post earilier. you don't need to make all characters with complicated storylines to make it interesting. sometimes, less is more.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 4th, '10, 23:49

Sorry, dear, I wasn't so regular here lately. You're right, sometimes less is better.
Gaius Petronius once said that 100 thousands of naked women make less impression than one. I guess it applies also to dramas. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Well, not naked women, hehe^^
I want something/someone to lighten it a bit!

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » May 5th, '10, 00:24

Ethlenn wrote: I want something/someone to lighten it a bit!
there is only one thing so far!

the poster of the drama! :mrgreen:

RainSprite

Post by RainSprite » May 5th, '10, 00:27

haha, when I first saw that image, I thought this was going to be a real happy-go-lucky jdrama xD

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » May 5th, '10, 00:35

yup me too.. that's why i think that despite all of these ups and downs it will end up somehow happily :whistling:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

ha

Post by esmer86 » May 5th, '10, 02:16

bmwracer wrote:
Issy wrote:
bmwracer wrote: Episode 5?? :scratch:

It was probably the key episode, I'll bet. :mrgreen:
I MUST HAVE missed it for sure than! Now i just want to skip to the good stuff in ep.4 and jump into ep.5! :lol

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 5th, '10, 04:16

MisS Lonliah wrote:the poster of the drama! :mrgreen:
Image[/spoiler]
It's very blue.... :P

sansukini

Post by sansukini » May 5th, '10, 05:21

Hello people. Newbie here! I started this drama yesterday and I'd say I initially got interested in it because of Ueno Juri and Eita.

I do like the drama. Maybe because they've got great cast. But somehow, this one reminds me of Nobuta wo produce. The plot of the story was a little dark, but I do feel like there might be a happy ending. I'm gonna watch this one till the end.

Please don't be too harsh on the characters of the drama. It's still starting so it might still get better. I can't wait for the next episode.

sansukini

Post by sansukini » May 5th, '10, 05:31

bmwracer wrote:
LOL.

Yeah, everyone seems to be dysfunctional in some way, the least so being Haru.

I guess the writer thinks that if you have a group of just regular, normal people you don't have much of a drama, ne? :sweat:

I find almost all japanese dramas dysfunctional one way or another. :whistling:

No offense meant. I love alot of jdramas. I just noticed that everyone of them has :whistling: one or more dysfunctional character. I do sometimes wonder how the people there are.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » May 5th, '10, 06:41

bmwracer wrote: It's very blue.... :P
hahaha so true!

kiddygrade

Post by kiddygrade » May 5th, '10, 07:01

MisS Lonliah wrote:
hahaha so true!
They have avoided the red ribbon, at least!

Issy

Post by Issy » May 5th, '10, 08:19

kiddygrade wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote:
hahaha so true!

:lol :lol :lol
imagine what mess of tangled web of red ribbon it would be if they decided to go for it :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 5th, '10, 08:30

It could be just a red silken thread. So meaningful, hehe...

And MisS Lonliah, yes, that is the only light thing in it. Apart from those lemons...

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 5th, '10, 13:31

kiddygrade wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote:
hahaha so true!
Yes. :lol

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 6th, '10, 00:31

sansukini wrote:I find almost all japanese dramas dysfunctional one way or another. :whistling:

No offense meant. I love alot of jdramas. I just noticed that everyone of them has :whistling: one or more dysfunctional character. I do sometimes wonder how the people there are.
doesn't that represent the world population as a whole? :lol
there's no such thing as a "normal" person.
our society creates a norm that everybody is forced to abide to.
i'm not saying that everyone is dysfunctional.
i'm just criticizing how many people try to be "normal" to avoid social consequences.

shinobu_kujo

Post by shinobu_kujo » May 6th, '10, 07:27

bmwracer wrote:
voldemort wrote:
bmwracer wrote:^ Was is the deal with the lemons?
Lemon days!
What does that mean? :sweat:
I think it refers to bittersweet life..probably.... :wink:

Outside

Post by Outside » May 6th, '10, 15:09

Hmm done watching episode 4!
Now I change my mind. The person behind the door might be Nakaji's dad afterall!

JC

Post by JC » May 6th, '10, 16:53

I think Peach and Linda are going to end up together. Linda being gay won't mean jack. He'll probably end up with her to be a Father to the child, because ***** sure as hell isn't going to return his feelings (unless ****** decides he's gonna put his fingers in as many pies as possible - and even if he does, there'll be no relationship at the end of it) and his job is inevitably going to end up being a wrap because it's clear he won't be able to keep sexing the boss for his editor gig. He'll probably end up being a Father to Peach's child because it's "worthwhile" and he may not be able to have one of his own given the problem with his little man. It seems like the perfect way to cap off his character without having him run bullet train it to the countryside with some guy.

I want to like this drama, but it's becoming too heavy and too much, too soon. It's like Last friends all over again. There was only so much of watching the main girl get hurt and Juri Ueno in despair that I could take :lol

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 6th, '10, 18:45

bmwracer wrote: Yeah, everyone seems to be dysfunctional in some way, the least so being Haru.
Umm. Some of the Japanese people are dysfunctional. Some of their lives can be quite a soap opera.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 6th, '10, 20:21

Oh, Seirin, ohisashiburi^^

I just have quick question: is Doctor being bullied because he's Korean or because he's just inferior in rank? Cause I really need it. I think it's because of nationality, but I may be wrong.

kiddygrade

Post by kiddygrade » May 6th, '10, 21:24

Ethlenn wrote:Oh, Seirin, ohisashiburi^^

I just have quick question: is Doctor being bullied because he's Korean or because he's just inferior in rank? Cause I really need it. I think it's because of nationality, but I may be wrong.
I think it's because he's Korean, but the other solution is, alas, equally plausible. In this drama (as in Last Friends, mind you), many flaws of Japanese society are shown and used to make the teeth of the audience screech with disgust (I hope).

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 6th, '10, 21:32

Actually I'm looking for the issues like this, that is why I was asking. It surprised me, Doctor being thrown at the whiteboard (if I remember right), and then shoes in the first episode. But I wasn't sure of the reason.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 6th, '10, 22:31

Ethlenn wrote:Oh, Seirin, ohisashiburi^^

I think it's cuz he's Korean. There may be issue of inferior ranks, but I think he's just the typical salesman. I don't think any of the others are higher in rank than he is since they're salesman too. But the boss probably picks on him because his sales are the lowest. But the hospitals may not buy from him cuz he's Korean. The doctors mistreating him telling him to fix stuff probably do it cuz of his rank and foreign identity.

Japanese are very protective of their own country. They would rather spend more money and buy their own products than buy cheap products from foreign countries. Except for US maybe since they seem to look up to US.

What really gets me is why Doctor doesn't just find another job. I don't think being a salesman suits him. Since he has the looks, he should try getting some modeling jobs or something. Get Nakaji to take some nice photoshoots for him and bring it to an agency LOL

It's really odd about Linda. It never occurred to me he was gay unless he's unaware of it himself. But he does seem like a really nice guy. He seems to go out of his way for his friends which I think is admirable.

I think Linda, Haru, and Doctor are the most normal people around. They have typical problems that's unavoidable. Everyone in life has some issues or other with work. Nakaji and Peach are the ones who have a messed up life. They are in situations they can easily get out of but don't.

There's one thing I found surprising. I never knew Japanese used twitter. I guess they use facebook and all the other stuff too? I thought they just use their own type of online groupies like mixi.

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 7th, '10, 00:29

i just watched the 4th episode twice in a row
omg, this drama is getting on my nerves!!! :x
i don't know where the hell kitagawa eriko is trying to go with this.
haru still likes nakaji, and nakaji is trying to deny that he likes haru and tries his best to stay with his bitchy girlfriend :roll
linda has feelings for nakaji and so does his nasty boss :crazy:
doctor is doing well at work now, and he finally confessed that he likes haru.
so, basically, there's no development of any of the characters since the last episode.
the only thing that's considerably new in this episode is the fact that nakaji's dad is sick and he's dying.
another thing, though trivial, is that haru's brother is hanging out with that stalker student.
i hate to admit it, but this drama is getting really crappy :glare:
my two favorite actors, ueno juri and eita, can't even save this drama from hitting rock bottom.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 7th, '10, 01:03

Ethlenn wrote:I just have quick question: is Doctor being bullied because he's Korean or because he's just inferior in rank? Cause I really need it. I think it's because of nationality, but I may be wrong.
Has Doctor's boss actually made any negative references about the fact that he's Korean?

I don't think you can claim it's a ethnicity issue just because Doctor is Korean... It could just be coincidence... :sweat:

Doctor's boss seems to abuse all of his subordinates, not just Doctor.

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 7th, '10, 01:07

JC wrote:I think Peach and Linda are going to end up together. Linda being gay won't mean jack. He'll probably end up with her to be a Father to the child, because ***** sure as hell isn't going to return his feelings (unless ****** decides he's gonna put his fingers in as many pies as possible - and even if he does, there'll be no relationship at the end of it) and his job is inevitably going to end up being a wrap because it's clear he won't be able to keep sexing the boss for his editor gig. He'll probably end up being a Father to Peach's child because it's "worthwhile" and he may not be able to have one of his own given the problem with his little man. It seems like the perfect way to cap off his character without having him run bullet train it to the countryside with some guy.

I want to like this drama, but it's becoming too heavy and too much, too soon. It's like Last friends all over again. There was only so much of watching the main girl get hurt and Juri Ueno in despair that I could take :lol
I could see Linda help Peach raise her baby.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 7th, '10, 01:50

miznagase wrote:i just watched the 4th episode twice in a row
i don't know where the hell kitagawa eriko is trying to go with this.
haru still likes nakaji, and nakaji is trying to deny that he likes haru and tries his best to stay with his bitchy girlfriend :roll
linda has feelings for nakaji and so does his nasty boss :crazy:
doctor is doing well at work now, and he finally confessed that he likes haru.
so, basically, there's no development of any of the characters since the last episode.
the only thing that's considerably new in this episode is the fact that nakaji's dad is sick and he's dying.
another thing, though trivial, is that haru's brother is hanging out with that stalker student.
i hate to admit it, but this drama is getting really crappy :glare:
my two favorite actors, ueno juri and eita, can't even save this drama from hitting rock bottom.

well apparently next week episode is suppose to be the big one where there is going to be changes in the characters i think. I agree, this was a good episode but nothing new besides doctor confessing his feelings for Haru in front of everyone. By the way i couldnt help notice how many times Doctor keep saying arigatou throughout the whole episode. I get kinda annoyed with people saying thanks every five minutes. :glare:

P.S. I know this is not the place but can someone help me seed Last Friends Raw version 1280 version. Theres no seeds and i keep seeing in this thread that there are similarities in it and that juri ueno stars in the drama as well. Thanks :whistling: :salut:

mirmocomell

Post by mirmocomell » May 7th, '10, 02:25

It's good to see Jaejoong in Japanese drama.. :))

yoda smgee

Post by yoda smgee » May 7th, '10, 02:36

I think I'll like this drama more than Last Friends simply because Nagasawa Misami or however you spell her name isn't in this one. She was so annoying that I almost liked seeing her get hit. :crazy:

Ueno Juri is my favorite actress and I like Eita's acting especially since he's not one of those pretty boy actors with no talent. I don't know if they can pull this one off, though. It feels like it lacks something. I also don't like how Hero's character goes about his work so desperately.

BTW, this is probably the hottest I've seen Ueno Juri on a t.v. show. I'm loving the show just for that reason. :lol

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 7th, '10, 03:10

yoda smgee wrote:I think I'll like this drama more than Last Friends simply because Nagasawa Misami or however you spell her name isn't in this one. She was so annoying that I almost liked seeing her get hit. :crazy:
Yeah, I agree... And Nishikido Ryo isn't around, either... He and the scriptwriter pretty much ruined Last Friends.
Ueno Juri is my favorite actress and I like Eita's acting especially since he's not one of those pretty boy actors with no talent. I don't know if they can pull this one off, though. It feels like it lacks something. I also don't like how Hero's character goes about his work so desperately.
Hero? :scratch:
BTW, this is probably the hottest I've seen Ueno Juri on a t.v. show. I'm loving the show just for that reason. :lol
Yeah, she looks quite good... But Nodame still tops the list. :mrgreen:

AnonKuro

Post by AnonKuro » May 7th, '10, 03:32

Hero? :scratch:
hero is jaejoong's stage name :-)

JC

Post by JC » May 7th, '10, 03:40

It's really odd about Linda. It never occurred to me he was gay
Oddly enough, I actually thought he was gay from the first episode. Something about this look...

...made me think "Hold up!" :lol And then of course when Nakaji brushes something off of Linda's shoulder in episode 2 (or was it 3 - I forget) the look he gave: you could tell he was starting to catch feelings for Nakaji.

Episode 4 was kinda crap in my opinion. It's getting so tired how the story seems to be going in circles each episode. This drama isn't shaping up to be as great as I hoped it would be. I'm already getting tired of it. :-( I just think the cast are being wasted on such a badly told story. Hopefully it will pick up BIG time from episode 5 onwards.

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 7th, '10, 04:15

yoda smgee wrote:I think I'll like this drama more than Last Friends simply because Nagasawa Misami or however you spell her name isn't in this one. She was so annoying that I almost liked seeing her get hit. :crazy:

omg, i totally agree with everything you said.
nagasawa masami is a horrible actress, and she ruined last friends.
i'm really glad to hear that juri is your favorite actress :D she's mine too :thumright:
i think she looks really cute in this drama but sounds way too much like nodame :lol

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 7th, '10, 05:10

miznagase wrote:

omg, i totally agree with everything you said.
nagasawa masami is a horrible actress, and she ruined last friends.
The scriptwriter and Ryo ruined Last Friends as well.
i'm really glad to hear that juri is your favorite actress :D she's mine too :thumright:
i think she looks really cute in this drama but sounds way too much like nodame :lol
I thought she did in Episode 1, but not on the other episodes...

Like I said previously, Nodame is so ingrained in our minds, it's hard not seeing that character in other Juri-chan roles... Unless she totally changes her look like in Last Friends or Tsubasa No Oreta Tenshitachi...

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 7th, '10, 06:08

yoda smgee wrote: I also don't like how Hero's character goes about his work so desperately.
That's pretty much life. Being a salesman is a hard job. I would never do it. I've done some telemarketing and I felt bad harassing people. I even had to plead them to finish the questions.

I feel for Linda's position too. I've heard of some bosses who sexually harass coworkers in Japanese companies and the girls just have to take it or quit. In this case the guy is sexually harassed. Life is not easy.
JC wrote: Oddly enough, I actually thought he was gay from the first episode. Something about this look...

...made me think "Hold up!" :lol And then of course when Nakaji brushes something off of Linda's shoulder in episode 2 (or was it 3 - I forget) the look he gave: you could tell he was starting to catch feelings for Nakaji.

Episode 4 was kinda crap in my opinion. It's getting so tired how the story seems to be going in circles each episode. This drama isn't shaping up to be as great as I hoped it would be. I'm already getting tired of it. :-( I just think the cast are being wasted on such a badly told story. Hopefully it will pick up BIG time from episode 5 onwards. [/size]
I just thought he was thinking of something so he was using that expression. Also when Nakaji was close to him, I thought he was just feeling uncomfortable cuz they're both guys and he's standing so close so he feels weird.

sansukini

Post by sansukini » May 7th, '10, 06:32

where do u think I can find the subs for the fourth episode of this drama? I'm watching the raw right now. I still like this drama even with the negative vibes I'm getting in this forum. Hehehe!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 7th, '10, 07:14

sansukini wrote:where do u think I can find the subs for the fourth episode of this drama? I'm watching the raw right now.
The drama just aired about 24 hours ago and you're already asking about the subs? :scratch:

That's rather unrealistic, ne? :sweat:

huiting

Post by huiting » May 7th, '10, 08:56

Not sure whether you guys know about this channel but she's currently subbing episode 4 now. ^^

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 7th, '10, 20:55

huiting wrote:Not sure whether you guys know about this channel but she's currently subbing episode 4 now. ^^
Wow, everyone's subbing this drama... :sweat:

Thanks for the link! :thumright:

Outside

Post by Outside » May 7th, '10, 23:18

Seem like the rating went a bit down again! :-(

It's 10.3% for episode 4! Hopefully the story will pick up, and so will the rating!

JC

Post by JC » May 8th, '10, 02:02

[quote="yoda smgee"]I think I'll like this drama more than Last Friends simply because Nagasawa Misami or however you spell her name isn't in this one. She was so annoying that I almost liked seeing her get hit[/quote]

I'm glad I wasn't the only one :lol But as annoying as she was in Last Friends, I thought she was WORSE in Proposal daisakusen. I could not take her stank ass attitude. Ken-chan should have dumped the b****.

[quote="seirin"] Also when Nakaji was close to [Linda], I thought he was just feeling uncomfortable cuz they're both guys and he's standing so close so he feels weird[/quote]

You need to watch it again *lol* The look Linda gave and the way that scene was shot, it was obvious (at least to me) that he was catching feelings for Nakaji and 'the gayness' was awakening.

[quote]Nodame is so ingrained in our minds, it's hard not seeing that character in other Juri-chan roles... Unless she totally changes her look like in Last Friends or Tsubasa No Oreta Tenshitachi...[/quote]

I think it's more the way she plays her roles than her looks. Her character in Last Friends could not have been any more different to Nodame, and Juri played this well to the point where Nodame never once came into my mind. But in Sunao ni narenakute there are SO many Nodame moments that I find it hard to take her as a different character. This moment...

...was SO Nodame.

lissamae

Post by lissamae » May 8th, '10, 02:49

I have to agree with those who are talking about this drama taking on too much, considering the number of eps. of Japanese dramas.

IMO, They should have just focused on the main characters, and perhaps the relationship with Nakaji's dad, and Haru's mom is going some where, but think the whole story with Haru's little brother and her students is a bit too much
anyone else wonder if the mom and dads relationship might be implying perhaps Haru's brother, or (hopefully not) Haru is Nakaji's dad's kid?
Also, I think there is no debate about Linda being gay. He just doesn't know it yet.

Last: I see others have asked, but didn't see answer. I finally found the English song name/artist.(start's 'fed up with your indigestion") The Ting Tings : Great DJ

yoda smgee

Post by yoda smgee » May 8th, '10, 03:21

^^ I was thinking they were step brother/sister as well. I hope not, though. *shivers*

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 8th, '10, 04:11

JC wrote:[quote="yoda smgee"]I think I'll like this drama more than Last Friends simply because Nagasawa Misami or however you spell her name isn't in this one. She was so annoying that I almost liked seeing her get hit
I'm glad I wasn't the only one :lol But as annoying as she was in Last Friends, I thought she was WORSE in Proposal daisakusen. I could not take her stank ass attitude. Ken-chan should have dumped the b****.
seirin wrote: Also when Nakaji was close to [Linda], I thought he was just feeling uncomfortable cuz they're both guys and he's standing so close so he feels weird
You need to watch it again *lol* The look Linda gave and the way that scene was shot, it was obvious (at least to me) that he was catching feelings for Nakaji and 'the gayness' was awakening.
Nodame is so ingrained in our minds, it's hard not seeing that character in other Juri-chan roles... Unless she totally changes her look like in Last Friends or Tsubasa No Oreta Tenshitachi...
I think it's more the way she plays her roles than her looks. Her character in Last Friends could not have been any more different to Nodame, and Juri played this well to the point where Nodame never once came into my mind. But in Sunao ni narenakute there are SO many Nodame moments that I find it hard to take her as a different character. This moment...

...was SO Nodame.[/size][/quote]

I havent seen Last Friends yet but i have seen Nodame and loved it! yeah i can see similarities as in like facial expression and the way she projects her body where its the same crazy things Nodame does. Ha! i can even see her getting with Nakaji in the final episode, sunset in the background near a lake, and they finally kiss, and then all of a sudden she says GYABO!!!! :P ha! I'll be laughing so much if that happened! I like the serious side of Nakaji in this show more than Nodame, even the hair. :w00t:

also can someone still seed Last Friends for me RAW version HD(1280) please!

mins

Post by mins » May 8th, '10, 04:14

แล้วไปดาวโหลดกันตรงไหนค่ะ

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 8th, '10, 04:39

JC wrote:I think it's more the way she plays her roles than her looks. Her character in Last Friends could not have been any more different to Nodame, and Juri played this well to the point where Nodame never once came into my mind. But in Sunao ni narenakute there are SO many Nodame moments that I find it hard to take her as a different character. This moment...

...was SO Nodame.
Like I said, Nodame is so ingrained in everyone's mind... Anyone unfamiliar with the Nodame character wouldn't be making that association.

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » May 8th, '10, 10:48

Regarding episode 4, which I've finally watched with Chinese subs...
miznagase wrote:
Actually I don't think that Nakaji likes Haru -- not yet, at least. I get the feeling Nakaji's feelings towards Haru are still very much platonic friendship. There was no change in his expression when he was asked about Doctor and Haru at the very end of the episode; he did not look remorseful when Haru doused him with wine -- at the very most, slightly embarrassed. His heart is still very much with Kiriko -- he forgave her with no question even after finding out she had lied to him. In fact I was very surprised at the lack of fall-out from the event -- usually dramas would play this up. The fact that it was not played up in this drama was a refreshing change.
About the pace of the drama... (not as spoilerish -- but proceed at your own discretion)
I'm really glad that it's picking up! I got the complete opposite feeling miznagase got -- I'm very glad at the way the story resolves loose ends and seems to be tackling all the issues that we picked out from the start of the series. Nothing is left hanging for more than an episode, except maybe the minor subplots.
All said, I'm looking forward to the next episode. Not sure if it'll be as epic as the previews say, but the trailer does look promising.

GOZES

Post by GOZES » May 8th, '10, 15:24

i don't know if this is the right place to ask this but ill ask anyway what happen to ep 5 did they skip it this week or something

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 8th, '10, 15:46

GOZES wrote:i don't know if this is the right place to ask this but ill ask anyway what happen to ep 5 did they skip it this week or something
They've only aired four episodes so far... Episode 5 is next week.

GOZES

Post by GOZES » May 8th, '10, 17:03

bmwracer wrote:
GOZES wrote:i don't know if this is the right place to ask this but ill ask anyway what happen to ep 5 did they skip it this week or something
They've only aired four episodes so far... Episode 5 is next week.
thank you for your answer

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 8th, '10, 18:59

Ok looking at the subs for the preview for episode 5 I think Haru might start having some sort of feeling for Dr. I think Nakaji might even realize that he does like Haru more than a friend. It suppose to be the big episode right? I was even thinking that Haru and Nakaji will be step brother and sisters and not find out about until the last couple of episodes. If it does end up like that then Nakaji will still be with his girlfriend and they would might project that Haru and Dr. will be get together because Haru does love Nakaji so they wont put it like they are madly in love in the end. If they do end it like that Im not going to like it! :cussing:
I dont think it was Haru who threw the drink at Nakaji but Peach

I still need help seeding Last Friends please! The RAW HD version! thanks alot! :cry:

sansukini

Post by sansukini » May 9th, '10, 01:59

bmwracer wrote:
sansukini wrote:where do u think I can find the subs for the fourth episode of this drama? I'm watching the raw right now.
The drama just aired about 24 hours ago and you're already asking about the subs? :scratch:

That's rather unrealistic, ne? :sweat:
I don't really know when it was aired. I only saw the raw posted and I kinda wondered if it already has a sub.

Outside

Post by Outside » May 9th, '10, 02:02

If you can't wait for GOESS's sub, then watch it here! This person has completely sub the whole episode 4!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MqGpWc6xmA
I don't really know when it was aired. I only saw the raw posted and I kinda wondered if it already has a sub.
This drama air every thursday :)

JC

Post by JC » May 9th, '10, 02:33

Like I said, Nodame is so ingrained in everyone's mind... Anyone unfamiliar with the Nodame character wouldn't be making that association.
Of course they wouldn't make the association. How would they if they've not watched Nodame cantabile in the first place?!

Juri's role in this drama reminds me of Nodame at times because there are several Nodame like instances. It's because Haru has so many ditzy like moments that I'm reminded of Nodame, not simply because it's Juri Ueno. Nodame never ONCE came to mind when she played Ruka in Last friends.

JC

Post by JC » May 9th, '10, 02:39

I HATE Eita's hair. It's like producers give him free reign with his style. Because he seems to always look the damn same in every drama these days. The last drama I saw him in with hair that look some-what styled and a set of clothes that didn't look like they were from a flea market was Sapuri.

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » May 9th, '10, 02:41

JC wrote:I HATE Eita's hair. It's like producers give him free reign with his style. Because he seems to always look the damn same in every drama these days. The last drama I saw him in with hair that look some-what styled and a set of clothes that didn't look like they were from a flea market was Sapuri.
Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. He needs a new hairstyle. :whistling:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 9th, '10, 04:23

JC wrote:
Of course they wouldn't make the association. How would they if they've not watched Nodame cantabile in the first place?!
That's my point.

The problem isn't Juri-chan acting too much like Nodame, it's that we're too familiar with Nodame... So it's not her problem, it's ours.

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » May 9th, '10, 05:21

Just finished episode 4.

Can't say I really liked it to be honest. Nothing exciting really happened.
I thought it was a little tacky of Doctor to say that he liked Haru, you'd think something like that is a little more private?

Kiriko is still jealous and stupidly annoying. Why can't she just get over him..?

Regarding Linda's sexuality... Seems there's more proof that he's gay. Sad because him and Peach would've been cool as a couple, if only to see the progress and development between them.

The person at the beginning of episode one dying/committing suicide is probably Nakaji's dad, Nakajima Ryousuke. The apartment door even looks the same.
I don't see traces of Nodame in Haru. Mostly because I think Haru is a mature woman who knows how to deal with her problems and knows what she wants and needs. This is completely different from Nodame, as Nodame likes to rely on other people to take care of her. Haru knows that Nakaji doesn't like her, and she respects that, whereas Nodame tends to throw herself at Chiaki whenever she can.

I think Ueno Juri must have spent a long time thinking over how she could distinguish between Nodame and Haru. You can't say they're that much a like... I think in this aspect, Juri-chan did a really good job.

Is it just me or did Kinami Haruka, actress playing Doctor's sister, speak Japanese with an accent? I don't remember it being there before, or as much.

Regarding Eita's hair. I think this wild look suits him. As a photographer I think he doesn't need to have really nice hair. I think it's a good way to understand his character for viewers and having it more neat would... perhaps give us a different feel...

The drama thus far has been uneventful. The first two episodes have been good, but lately it's been going downhill, sadly. Let's hope it'll pick up.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 9th, '10, 05:52

Just finished watching Episode 4.
IMO, the best episode so far, until the very end with that substory about Haru's brother and the drug-dealing student... I really hope that student gets the living crap beaten out of him in the near future... It's a needless, pointless story that just clutters up this drama.

Aside from that, the focus was mainly on the main players and that was a good thing: some good, honest, and emotional dialog... The pooling together to save Doctor was rather melodramatic, though.

If there was any doubt, Kiriko proved she's a selfish, paranoid nutcase in this episode.

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » May 9th, '10, 07:37

<3s-tei. wrote:The person at the beginning of episode one dying/committing suicide is probably Nakaji's dad, Nakajima Ryousuke. The apartment door even looks the same.
Do the doors look the same? There was a door with an oval glass that Nakaji ran through before hitting the wooden one. The one at Nakajima Ryousuke's house had a lot of clutter in the corridor, and there was a neighbour's door nearby. I didn't see that in the clip from the first episode -- unless I missed something?

I thought it might be Nakaji's own apartment, but his house is not situated at Tokyo city -- he needs to take a train back to his home, right? And the streets he was running through are in the part of the city where they always meet.

I'm looking forward to the next episode, though
Nakaji's sustained relationship with Kiriko (why does he always go back to her?) is trying my patience. If Nakaji is going to be with Haru at all, that means Kiriko must probably do something serious to lose Nakaji's love and trust. Otherwise, the way this story is going, I don't see that happening.

To be honest I was disappointed that Nakaji forgave Kiriko so readily, though it is probably more realistic than most dramas -- it is not likely that he would turn his back on someone he has loved for so long.

Maybe the next episode will drive this plot along further -- perhaps some jealousy? Perhaps Haru feels indebted to Doctor? Though Haru's like Nakaji -- loyal in her devotion to one person.