[Discussion] Sunao ni Narenakute (Ueno Juri, Eita)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
nnnc

Post by nnnc » May 9th, '10, 07:42

<3s-tei. wrote:
I thought it was a little tacky of Doctor to say that he liked Haru, you'd think something like that is a little more private?
very tacky. He even asked for Nakaji's opinion even though he already had suspected there're somethings going on between these two. I'd liked Doctor up to that moment and I was really annoyed with how tacky and inappropriate he was in that scene.

After watching ep4, I still like Linda the most, like Haru & Peach more, like Doctor & Nakaji less, and hate Kiriko so much :cussing:

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 9th, '10, 09:21

stolenxkisses wrote:
<3s-tei. wrote:The person at the beginning of episode one dying/committing suicide is probably Nakaji's dad, Nakajima Ryousuke. The apartment door even looks the same.
Do the doors look the same? There was a door with an oval glass that Nakaji ran through before hitting the wooden one. The one at Nakajima Ryousuke's house had a lot of clutter in the corridor, and there was a neighbour's door nearby. I didn't see that in the clip from the first episode -- unless I missed something?

I thought it might be Nakaji's own apartment, but his house is not situated at Tokyo city -- he needs to take a train back to his home, right? And the streets he was running through are in the part of the city where they always meet.

I'm looking forward to the next episode, though
Nakaji's sustained relationship with Kiriko (why does he always go back to her?) is trying my patience. If Nakaji is going to be with Haru at all, that means Kiriko must probably do something serious to lose Nakaji's love and trust. Otherwise, the way this story is going, I don't see that happening.

To be honest I was disappointed that Nakaji forgave Kiriko so readily, though it is probably more realistic than most dramas -- it is not likely that he would turn his back on someone he has loved for so long.

Maybe the next episode will drive this plot along further -- perhaps some jealousy? Perhaps Haru feels indebted to Doctor? Though Haru's like Nakaji -- loyal in her devotion to one person.
IMO, I don't know if Nakaji forgave Kiriko to begin with. I don't think they had that conversation. He already has doubts about Kiriko's story about Haru hurting her. He still loves her but her jealousy may be her undoing if she continues to act desperate. Based on the preview, Kiriko will confront Nakaji about Haru. From what I read, she actually witnesses the chemistry between the two which will fuel her paranoia.

Until Nakaji realizes how much Haru means to him, I don't think you'll see much progress. It's pretty funny that the sparks between the two is evident to all the characters who sees them together. I love that Peach even called Nakaji on his crap but I don't see Nakaji abandoning Kiriko on a whim.

PS, I did think it's the same door. The doorknobs are completely different.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 9th, '10, 15:12

I'm at episode 3 and I honestly can't wait for the subs. I'll just watch it right now. :goggle: It's getting very interesting. I do like the main characters a lot, although some are a bit less developed than others. Like Peach i.e.

As for Nakaji, it does suck that he trusts Kiriko, but we have to consider, he's known her for 7 years and loves her (and doesn't know she goes psycho when doesn't get her way). Would you believe a near stranger over someone you've known so long? It would be unrealistic if it happened like that. I just hope the b*itch will off herself and not Haru or anyone else.

And the psycho list don't end with her. That student of Haru, issueeees. :glare: Man needs help.

The whole thing with their parents won't be what we think, I believe. I mean, his dad did flinch a bit when he heard about the 24 year old daughter, but I don't think they'd go that far. Isn't it a bit too much? Of course we'll have drama over that too, but I don't think they'll turn out to be siblings in the end.

Doctor is just cuuuuute. The actor isn't impressing me so far, but he's got room to grow and hopefully, he will. Juri-chan is doing ok and although some moments seem a bit forced, I think she's being ackward on purpose to show how Haru feels with the guy she likes. I've seen enough of her to know she's a good actress, so I don't think we need to worry about when things get even more serious. She'll nail it. We'll see how it goes from now on. Eita is doing a great job. Really really like him. Also, was there steam coming off his neck when they were standing at the underpass? Lol. He IS hot! :rofl: Unless his breath was going there. Didn't look like it though.

Now Linda, I like. He is quite weak, but it seems he only intended to go all the way for Nakaji. I mean, I'd like to think he wouldn't do it for his own career, but only for a friend. I still wish he'd be more of a man though. Even if he is gay, that's no excuse to be a doormat. He's got a good heart and loyalty, but he has very bad weaknesses as well.

And Peach, I personally like. She's not annoying, she's honest and let's face it, what happened to her happens to women all the time. Sure, it was stupid of her to try and end her life, but when one is completely alone and desperate, they do stupid things. That doesn't mean she's depressed though. I just hope this baby will give her the strength she needs as a person to never do that again. She has friends now too. If she becomes strong and makes us proud, she's ok. I won't like it if she keeps being suicidal though. That would mean she needs psychological help and it's too frustrating to just send a character to the nut house at the end of a series, when people have grown attached to that person and they're not a villain.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 9th, '10, 15:36

I think Dr. deliberately expressed his feelings for Haru infront of everyone especially infront of Nakaji was because he wanted to see if Haru was going to accept him in front of Nakaji. That is why he asked Nakaji if it was a good thing him and Haru were to start dating.

I kinda get the hint after watching ep4 that Peach kinda picked up that Linda is gay. I dont know...its just the way she acted in episode 4 when she was talking with Nakaji about Haru and when Nakaji said that Peach and Linda would make a cute couple. it just seemed a little odd about it like the director was trying to hide something. I could have been the only one who picked this up but still. :|

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 9th, '10, 15:41

I don't know if Linda is so weak. He seems more on the "too helpful" side. Reminds me of Binbou Danshi except he doesn't dig himself in a grave of debts. Linda can't quit is job because he needs a job. The economy isn't so great, it would be hard to find another job. He could easily quit, but how would he live? He can't crawl back home. He probably feels inferior to the rest of his family, so he left home. His background is prestigious making him feel bad he's amounted to nothing. For his friends, he would crawl home and beg them to buy medical equipment.

For his friends, he would sleep with his boss so his friend could get their photos published and be known. I suppose he did kiss the boss to keep his job too but didn't go so far as to sleep with her except for Nakaji's sake (photo publishing). Also for Nakaji's sake, he would sleep with the boss cuz he doesn't want her harassing Nakaji. I just hope by the end of the episode, Linda finds a new and better job.

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » May 9th, '10, 16:19

Orion1986 wrote:The whole thing with their parents won't be what we think, I believe. I mean, his dad did flinch a bit when he heard about the 24 year old daughter, but I don't think they'd go that far. Isn't it a bit too much? Of course we'll have drama over that too, but I don't think they'll turn out to be siblings in the end.
Actually I was thinking this too! Just to turn it around, you know, make it unpredictable. I think you may be right.
Orion1986 wrote:Also, was there steam coming off his neck when they were standing at the underpass?
I noticed this too! I was watching with fascination their breath coming out, and thinking it must have been really cold, when I suddenly noticed Eita steaming like that in the underpass. LOL. Maybe they keep their actors warm first, before they need to start acting. Whatever it is, it must have been really cold.

About Doctor...
esmer86 wrote:
I think Dr. deliberately expressed his feelings for Haru infront of everyone especially infront of Nakaji was because he wanted to see if Haru was going to accept him in front of Nakaji. That is why he asked Nakaji if it was a good thing him and Haru were to start dating.
I think Doctor expressing himself in front of so many people was also partially a result of what his sister had told him earlier in the episode. At first, he had been perfectly content with a simple letter expressing his feelings. But his sister kept telling him to be a man, to be brave. I did think it was awfully brave of him (different from his usual shy character) to announce this in front of the whole SunaNare group.

About seeking approval from Haru -- I think maybe also he before he started dating Haru, he wanted Nakaji to declare also if he had any intentions towards Haru, or any objections towards their getting together. Though Doctor is a little clumsy at times, I don't think he has ill intentions. He seems a rather straightforward person too -- 'if I like Haru, and if Nakaji (whom I think likes Haru too) is not going to say anything, I'm going to take that as a green light and go all out for her.'

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 9th, '10, 17:30

esmer86 wrote:
I kinda get the hint after watching ep4 that Peach kinda picked up that Linda is gay. I dont know...its just the way she acted in episode 4 when she was talking with Nakaji about Haru and when Nakaji said that Peach and Linda would make a cute couple. it just seemed a little odd about it like the director was trying to hide something. I could have been the only one who picked this up but still. :|
i got the same feeling too. the way she denied that she's got the hots for linda made me think that she's aware of his homosexuality...or it could be that he wasn't good in bed :lol

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » May 9th, '10, 17:42

Ueno's curly hair look kinda ajuma to me. Nevertheless cant wait to watch Ueno and Eita again. Btw i didnt know they paired up so many times already. Can only remember them in Nodame Cantabile and Last Friends.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 9th, '10, 18:16

stolenxkisses wrote:
Nakaji's sustained relationship with Kiriko (why does he always go back to her?) is trying my patience. If Nakaji is going to be with Haru at all, that means Kiriko must probably do something serious to lose Nakaji's love and trust. Otherwise, the way this story is going, I don't see that happening.
I think some doubt and cracks are starting to show:Didn't you see Nakaji's look on his face when he saw that Kiriko ripped up his pants? And Kiriko's paranoia and jealouslyis surely going send that relationship over a cliff... It just depends on when Nakaji will realize it.
To be honest I was disappointed that Nakaji forgave Kiriko so readily, though it is probably more realistic than most dramas -- it is not likely that he would turn his back on someone he has loved for so long.
True.
But Haru is the X-Factor: her appearance in their lives will be the wedge.
condorjoe wrote:
IMO, I don't know if Nakaji forgave Kiriko to begin with. I don't think they had that conversation. He already has doubts about Kiriko's story about Haru hurting her. He still loves her but her jealousy may be her undoing if she continues to act desperate. Based on the preview, Kiriko will confront Nakaji about Haru. From what I read, she actually witnesses the chemistry between the two which will fuel her paranoia.
Exactly.
Until Nakaji realizes how much Haru means to him, I don't think you'll see much progress. It's pretty funny that the sparks between the two is evident to all the characters who sees them together. I love that Peach even called Nakaji on his crap but I don't see Nakaji abandoning Kiriko on a whim.
I agree.

Peach finally stood out a more as a character in Episode 4, rather than being a cardboard cutout.

Now if they could just trim off some fat and drop the story about Haru's brother...

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » May 9th, '10, 18:34

I don't think Nakaji really forgave Kiriko. I don't think he can. I think he's just making excuses for Kiriko because he loves her...

I think he may be denying his feelings for Haru; he doesn't want to feel like he's cheating on Kiriko.
Do the doors look the same? There was a door with an oval glass that Nakaji ran through before hitting the wooden one. The one at Nakajima Ryousuke's house had a lot of clutter in the corridor, and there was a neighbour's door nearby. I didn't see that in the clip from the first episode -- unless I missed something?
Um. Now that I went back to check it, it does look slightly different.. The color in the wood is different too. The one in the beginning of episode one seems a little reddish, like cherry wood? But the Nakaji's father's door is slightly more wooden and old, like, oak..?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 9th, '10, 19:23

bmwracer wrote:Now if they could just trim off some fat and drop the story about Haru's brother...
Actually.. if you've watched the 4th episode:
I didn't like the brother story at first, but it seems to be tightly connected to Haru, so it's ok. We won't be seeing what happens to her brother for his sake, but hers. It seems that student of hers is completely nuts, for one, but seems to reeeeally have an obsession with her. I think he's a sociopath who saw someone so innocent and sweet and just wants to sully and ruin them, to have power over them. So, the best way to get to her and gets his kicks by causing her pain, is by ruining someone she loves. It's his way into her life. I can't be sure, but I have a strong feeling that that's it. It's not love he's feeling and you can tell by his look, actions and the way his story is directed and shown, that he's got something much much darker going on in him and I think that's it. He's not just a kid in love with his teacher. He's obsessed, but seems clear headed enough to plan his actions. Cold-blooded killer is what I think when I see him.

And of course, if something so nuts happened to an innocent girl like her, who knows what's going to unfold? It will be yet another point of emotional pressure for her and also a good cook up for romantic heroics if they do have the whole "Her Prince Charming will save her" kind of "twist" in mind. And if the blood we saw in episode 1 is hers, well then we know things will get real bad real quick. Who knows what will happen to her. They're doing it very smart so far. All the characters have things threatening their lives so you can't really know who it is. Is it the suicidal girl? Is it Kiriko who kills herself due to her paranoia? Does she kill Haru? Does Haru kill herself? Does her student kill her? Does her brother die or get killed? Does Haru kill the student? Does Doctor or perhaps Linda commit suicide or get hurt protecting someone? We have at least 3 characters that are emotionally disturbed and violent. Peach to herself, Kiriko and the student. Especially the last two, I find capable of killing people. They're just nuts. Completely.
Last edited by Orion1986 on May 9th, '10, 19:30, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 9th, '10, 19:30

Orion1986 wrote:
bmwracer wrote:Now if they could just trim off some fat and drop the story about Haru's brother...
Actually.. if you've watched the 4th episode:
I didn't like the brother story at first, but it seems to be tightly connected to Haru, so it's ok. We won't be seeing what happens to her brother for his sake, but hers. It seems that student of hers is completely nuts, for one, but seems to reeeeally have an obsession with her. I think he's a sociopath who saw someone so innocent and sweet and just wants to sully and ruin them, to have power over them. So, the best way to get to her and gets his kicks by causing her pain, is by ruining someone she loves. It's his way into her life. I can't be sure, but I have a strong feeling that that's it. It's not love he's feeling and you can tell by his look, actions and the way his story is directed and shown, that he's got something much much darker going on in him and I think that's it. He's not just a kid in love with his teacher. He's obsessed, but seems clear headed enough to plan his actions. Cold-blooded killer is what I think when I see him.
Yeah.

I don't see the point of this storyline, though... Haru has more than enough complications without the scriptwriter giving her another problem to deal with... Seems really melodramatic, I think.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 9th, '10, 19:32

I guess this drama should be called: "Futsuu ni narenakute", instead of given title. I'm really afraid to wait for the 5th episode. Everyone is psychotic there. Even Doctor, I guess driven to extreme, he can grab a knife and slash everyone in sight. I have such impression.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 9th, '10, 19:33

Updated my post. Check again. I mean, sure, lots of drama, but it's a drama series. It's supposed to have many things going on and many problems for the characters. If they're planning to make a complete mess of their psychology, they need all the bad stuff they can get.

I don't mind it so much now that I saw his purpose.

Ethlenn, the Doc is a sweet kid. If he didn't kill his boss, he ain't killin' anyone. At least not by loosing it. He could hurt someone to protect another though. At least I think so. He's a sweetheart so far though. :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 9th, '10, 19:40

I don't trust sweethearts. Any of them. He's no different. Maybe too naive, but he's got serious problems. His sister is one of those. Man, I want to strangle her!

And if they need some problems to drop on the characters, I can lend a hand, and imagine thousands of them. It becomes too superficial as for me.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 9th, '10, 19:49

Maybe I'm just more open to lots and lots of drama. Doesn't bother me that much. Ok, something like BOF overdid it big time. From ill relatives to amnesia (THE typical soap opera plot twist) to anything dramatic you can imagine, that was too much and too cliche. At least what's going on here seems a biit more original. I personally have no problem with it so far. Especially now that it's closely connected to Haru in a more direct way than just because he's her brother.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 9th, '10, 20:02

Ethlenn wrote:I don't trust sweethearts. Any of them. He's no different. Maybe too naive, but he's got serious problems. His sister is one of those. Man, I want to strangle her!
LOL. :lol

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » May 9th, '10, 20:06

Ethlenn wrote:I guess this drama should be called: "Futsuu ni narenakute", instead of given title. I'm really afraid to wait for the 5th episode. Everyone is psychotic there. Even Doctor, I guess driven to extreme, he can grab a knife and slash everyone in sight. I have such impression.
HAHAHAHA. LOL'd majorly reading your first sentence there XD;;.

I don't see Doctor being psychotic at all. He is a sweetheart and I don't see him hurting anyone. If it was for Haru I think the most he'd do is punch them... The knife just doesn't suit him. @ethlenn perhaps you're being a little paranoid..?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 9th, '10, 20:11

<3s-tei. wrote:ethlenn perhaps you're being a little paranoid..?
It's this drama fault. I see psychos everywhere. I'm afraid to go to the bathroom, cause maybe I will see a pond of blood.
:mrgreen:

Mai-Soon

Post by Mai-Soon » May 9th, '10, 20:28

I'm watching the first Episode just now, the begining reminds me of Last Friends ...but I really think this drama is good :)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 9th, '10, 21:26

Well, it's like Last Friends in the sense that it's a bunch of young people with different problems. Other than that, I'm not seeing much similarity in the problems.

I have to say though, this has to be quite awesome in how it handles the relationships and problems to impress me after having seen Last Friends. I absolutely loved that series and how it treated the characters and their problems. The emotions there were very well portrayed and especially the characters of Eita and Juri-chan had an amazing connection between them. Really moved me. Sure, I was annoyed by what's-his-name's acting (the pathetic fool beating the girl up) and her character annoyed me, but that was the purpose for her, I think. I have very little respect for such women who mistake violence and hostility for caring and love so she was just an easy to hate character. Still, even her character seemed realistic enough and so did her boyfriend's. Even if the actor sucked.

I have high hopes for Sunao ni Narenakute because it has interesting situations so far and I personally trust Eita and Juri-chan in their choices. I mean, I loved Nodame Cantabile, loved Last Friends so if it's a drama and they're both in it, I expect a great plot and characters. So far, it's going very well. It's not disappointing me. I don't know if I'm liking it as much as Last Friends, but that series just blew me away so it's tough comparing to it. It's doing good so far though.

P.S: I realize a lot of people hate Last Friends especially with what happened with Ruka's part, but I've already gone through this in jdorama. I don't look at what could have been, I look at what I'm seeing. I loved what I saw and personally think it's one of the best series I've seen. Personal opinion, I don't need to hear how unfair it was for Juri-chan or how they messed up the plot again. I don't care about going too deep into the "behind the scenes" side of it. Watched it. Loved it. That's it. That's all I care about.

Nagashiwa

Post by Nagashiwa » May 9th, '10, 23:33

I really like this drama!!

it's really fun to watch!! can I can't wait till the next episode!!!

the plotis really nice, but I'm sure that the end will SUCK.
there are only a few dramas around with an End who I really love!! haha

but as so long all episodes will be good till the last one then it's for me a great and good drama! ^^

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » May 10th, '10, 00:11

Ethlenn wrote:His sister is one of those. Man, I want to strangle her!
:rofl:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 10th, '10, 00:52

Orion1986 wrote:Ethlenn, the Doc is a sweet kid. If he didn't kill his boss, he ain't killin' anyone. At least not by loosing it. He could hurt someone to protect another though. At least I think so. He's a sweetheart so far though. :D
He's a nice guy, but naive just like Haru... So far, seems like he's getting the most abuse in this drama. :sweat:

Mai-Soon

Post by Mai-Soon » May 10th, '10, 12:22

I'm falling in love with this drama :mrgreen: ...and it seems i will have a crush on Eita :unsure: :w00t:

To be honest i wasn't very excited to watch it , but now i can't wait for the next episode
:mrgreen:

JC

Post by JC » May 10th, '10, 14:25

This drama is depressing. I usually watch J-drama's whilst eating dinner, but I'm afraid I might slash a wrist with my knife in a momentary moment of depression, and wander the streets for school kids with crack.

Every happy moment comes with somebody get s**tted on right after. And there's only so much abuse I can watch Haru and Linda put up with. I'm going to need Linda's editor to get run over by a Taxi and for Nakaji to get pushed down some stairs by episode 7.

The ending best be rainbows, pots of gold and Super Mario on a cloud or something. I usually hate these types of endings, and it's not wholly realistic. But this drama could do with such.

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » May 10th, '10, 16:41

Once again, subs for episode 4 are out.

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 10th, '10, 22:13

Mai-Soon wrote:I'm falling in love with this drama :mrgreen: ...and it seems i will have a crush on Eita :unsure: :w00t:
eita is hot in this drama :wub:
i started having a crush on him since the first episode :D

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 11th, '10, 01:34

Re-watched Episode 4 again using the newly released subs from GOESS and it just reconfirms my opinion that this is the best episode so far. :thumright:
Seems like the main characters are starting to trust each other more and are opening up about their feelings...

The only downside were the closing scenes devoted to the subplots to apparently provide some suspense (whatever)...

What I really wanted to see is Haru's brother push that little scheming twerp off the ledge to his death... That would make the entire drama infinitely better from that point on. :mrgreen:

vege-okonomiyaki

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » May 11th, '10, 06:33

Orion1986 wrote:Well, it's like Last Friends in the sense that it's a bunch of young people with different problems. Other than that, I'm not seeing much similarity in the problems.

I have to say though, this has to be quite awesome in how it handles the relationships and problems to impress me after having seen Last Friends. I absolutely loved that series and how it treated the characters and their problems. The emotions there were very well portrayed and especially the characters of Eita and Juri-chan had an amazing connection between them. Really moved me. Sure, I was annoyed by what's-his-name's acting (the pathetic fool beating the girl up) and her character annoyed me, but that was the purpose for her, I think. I have very little respect for such women who mistake violence and hostility for caring and love so she was just an easy to hate character. Still, even her character seemed realistic enough and so did her boyfriend's. Even if the actor sucked.

I have high hopes for Sunao ni Narenakute because it has interesting situations so far and I personally trust Eita and Juri-chan in their choices. I mean, I loved Nodame Cantabile, loved Last Friends so if it's a drama and they're both in it, I expect a great plot and characters. So far, it's going very well. It's not disappointing me. I don't know if I'm liking it as much as Last Friends, but that series just blew me away so it's tough comparing to it. It's doing good so far though.

P.S: I realize a lot of people hate Last Friends especially with what happened with Ruka's part, but I've already gone through this in jdorama. I don't look at what could have been, I look at what I'm seeing. I loved what I saw and personally think it's one of the best series I've seen. Personal opinion, I don't need to hear how unfair it was for Juri-chan or how they messed up the plot again. I don't care about going too deep into the "behind the scenes" side of it. Watched it. Loved it. That's it. That's all I care about.
Totally agree with your thoughts here. It wasn't perfect, but it was a ground-breaking show that I loved. And it's how I discovered Juri-chan... :wub:

vege-okonomiyaki

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » May 11th, '10, 06:39

bmwracer wrote:
Ethlenn wrote:I don't trust sweethearts. Any of them. He's no different. Maybe too naive, but he's got serious problems. His sister is one of those. Man, I want to strangle her!
Actually she reminds me a lot of Juri-chan's role in Orange Days, which was wonderfully scene-stealing. I think she's more likeable than the Doctor... at least this week. :sweat:
Last week I thought he was okay, but he just annoyed me with his jealousy and losing the photos, and putting Haru on the spot with that declaration.

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » May 11th, '10, 12:53

vege-okonomiyaki wrote:
Actually she reminds me a lot of Juri-chan's role in Orange Days, which was wonderfully scene-stealing.
Oh yes, I remember this! Juri did an excellent job with that role, didn't she.

Poor Doctor. I have a tendency to get annoyed with characters that aren't really smart, but he's growing on me. Especially the scene where
he was writing the love letter to Haru.
I'm glad they added in a few more Korean phrases in their interaction too. It makes it a little more believable, though you can tell the Japanese accent in some of his sister's Korean outbursts.

Also, I maintain that he only tried the uncomfortably direct route because his sister goaded him into it, and he must have thought, well, she's a girl, she must be right. Or that's how I see it ;) Probably the next episode will make everything clear.
Painfully clear, if the beating-up in the preview is anything to go by.

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 12th, '10, 21:05

did anybody else catch that in the beginning of the 4th episode...
nakaji was going to give his umbrella to haru, but after he spotted doctor giving his umbrella to her, he just left without doing anything.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 12th, '10, 21:12

miznagase wrote:did anybody else catch that in the beginning of the 4th episode...
nakaji was going to give his umbrella to haru, but after he spotted doctor giving his umbrella to her, he just left without doing anything.
I dont think i could have missed that. :mrgreen:

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 12th, '10, 21:46

esmer86 wrote:
miznagase wrote:did anybody else catch that in the beginning of the 4th episode...
and that would mean that...
nakaji knew haru was telling the truth and wanted to apologize to her :-)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 12th, '10, 22:23

miznagase wrote:
esmer86 wrote:
and that would mean that...
nakaji knew haru was telling the truth and wanted to apologize to her :-)
Absolutely.

Did you notice this:
That during the fight, Haru instinctively ran to Nakaji to push him away, not Doctor....That should've been obvious to the others who Haru favors, ne?

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » May 12th, '10, 23:20

bmwracer wrote: Did you notice this:
That during the fight, Haru instinctively ran to Nakaji to push him away, not Doctor....That should've been obvious to the others who Haru favors, ne?
Yah, although linda had already stopped the Doctor, she ran to Nakaji :mrgreen:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » May 12th, '10, 23:31

Episode 04:
It was a good episode because they solved many things in an easygoing way.. but the last five minutes were a fuss again!! However, this is how a drama should be .. and events should be developed this way :mrgreen: In other words, after episode 4 I could say that I'm completely satisfied about this drama.. I won't say it's the best, but I'm enjoying with it :-)
I liked Haru's character more as she is solving her problems in her own admirable way. However, I miss her funny moments with Nakaji!! I hope there will be more interesting scenes between them again.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 13th, '10, 02:39

MisS Lonliah wrote:
Yeah, I thought Nakaji would actually walk away from Dr. and Haru but no, he did nothing to push Haru off him because If i remember right she still had her hands on his chest to keep him away. I could almost see in Nakaji's face that he was sort of I dont know how to say but proud/happy that Haru went to him instead of doc. I dont know...maybe im reading to much... but im a sucker for two guys fighting for one girl. :wub: :P

cant wait for episode 5!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 13th, '10, 02:58

MisS Lonliah wrote:
Still, Haru could've got into Doctor's face and told him to stop: he would have listened to her... But she chose to go to Nakaji. :mrgreen:

Outside

Post by Outside » May 13th, '10, 03:45

MAJOR SPOILED for episode 6!! Lots of you are gonna be so disappointed! :unsure:

This weeks episode 6 is..
Haru and Doctor is a couple! Nakaji is getting married!?

Episode 5 where Haru was in danger and Nakaji and Doctor made an effort. Because of this accident the 5′s relationship changed drastically. On episode 6 (airs 5/20) Haru is moved by Doctors pure feelings and decides to go out with him. At the same time Nakaji got a serial magazine job at where Linda works. Nakaji is happy that he is able to become a full-fledged cameraman. But behind Nakaji getting his job,the truth is Linda used all his physical strength and got an “interview” with his editor Okuda.

After the 5 met for the “Sunanare Kai”, when heading home between Nakaji and Haru an awkward distance was made. Haru who always talked back was awkwardly quiet and Nakaji felt lonely. A few days later Nakaji tells Kiriko that he got an column in a magazine. He asked Kiriko if there was anything she wanted and Kirko told him she wanted a ring. Is Kiriko going to divorce her husband and finally marry Nakaji!?

credit+trans by: Rieko@sharingyoochun
Last edited by Outside on May 13th, '10, 05:04, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 13th, '10, 03:50

^ Sheesh, Episode 5 hasn't even aired yet. :sweat:

Outside

Post by Outside » May 13th, '10, 03:52

That's why I was debating whether to share this or wait till tomorrow after episode 5 air! But obviously, I can't help it. haha

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 13th, '10, 05:49

Outside wrote:MAJOR SPOILED for episode 6!! Lots of you are gonna be so disappointed! :unsure:

Episode 5 where Haru was in danger and Nakaji and Doctor made an effort. Because of this accident the 5′s relationship changed drastically. On episode 6 (airs 5/20) Haru is moved by Doctors pure feelings and decides to go out with him. At the same time Nakaji got a serial magazine job at where Linda works. Nakaji is happy that he is able to become a full-fledged cameraman. But behind Nakaji getting his job,the truth is Linda used all his physical strength and got an “interview” with his editor Okuda.

After the 5 met for the “Sunanare Kai”, when heading home between Nakaji and Haru an awkward distance was made. Haru who always talked back was awkwardly quiet and Nakaji felt lonely. A few days later Nakaji tells Kiriko that he got an column in a magazine. He asked Kiriko if there was anything she wanted and Kirko told him she wanted a ring. Is Kiriko going to divorce her husband and finally marry Nakaji!?

i tried really hard not to read the spoilers, but i couldn't help myself :P
i don't think the relationship between doctor and haru is going to last very long.
in ep 4, haru told peach that she wants to be with nakaji no matter what.
i don't think haru is so fickle to start liking another guy all of a sudden.
i'm pretty darn sure that nakaji and kiriko won't get married.
i hope nakaji is not THAT dumb to actually go buy a ring for that woman :roll
she should ask her rich husband to buy it for her. isn't that (money) the only reason why she married him from the first place?!! :whistling:
i really want nakaji and haru to end up together, but during the time haru is going out with doctor, i hope there's at least one kissing scene :lol

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » May 13th, '10, 06:08

Outside wrote:MAJOR SPOILED for episode 6!! Lots of you are gonna be so disappointed! :unsure:

Aww, I couldn't resist either! :D But I'm glad because this means that the series is going to pick up! Seriously, where do you get all the spoilers from? They're fantastic stuff ;)
Also, I'm probably one of many who've already taken it for granted that Haru is going to wind up with Nakaji.

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 13th, '10, 09:18

Regarding episode 6...
Considering that Nakaji is dating Kiriko, why shouldn't Haru date Doctor?He adores her and she can't be with Nakaji. IMO, the whole drama is driven by the Nakaji-Haru dynamic. None of the characters are being truly honest with each other or to themselves.

I'm curious to see what the cliffhanger for episode 6 will be.

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » May 13th, '10, 11:29

Hello everybody,

I've been lurking in this thread since the drama came out. It's really nice to see the familiar posters from Juri's last drama Last Friends posting here again. But of course, we all can't resist watching a new Juri and Eita drama neh? :D

So far I'm enjoying the drama, because I'm just so glad to see Juri chan acting on tv again...it's been almost 2 years since Last Friends. Too long, I missed her. The rest of the cast of Sunao are likable too, so that's already a plus point over Last Friends. Aside it from being a story about 5 people with their own problems and Juri+Eita in the cast, I don't see much similarities with Last Friends. Instead I see more of a parallel with Orange Days, another Keiko Kitagawa written drama that I loved. In OD, the 5 protagonists were also experiencing a 'late blossoming of their youth' and having important transitions and growing pains to make it to adulthood. They found love, friendship, camaderie and their direction in life after going through a fog, so to speak. So in this sense, I think Sunao is a similar drama to Orange Days, though it's a bit more complicated and darker in some of the problems they are touching here (homosexuality, teenage drug pushing, office sexual harassment, bullying of foreign nationals, older woman-younger man relationship stigma etc.).
Everybody fell in love with Juri's charismatic performance as the boyishly cool Ruka. I don't know if I like Haru as a character as much as Ruka. She is innocent, naive and pure, and a bit shy. To play this role, Juri has to suppress her natural tomboyish and feisty tendencies, which are commons traits in most of her memorable roles. Haru is a very different type of character for Juri. She is cute because of her innocence, but it cannot be overplayed or else it wouldn't be a realistic character. Unlike Nodame, Haru is a young adult who must be self-aware of her own actions. She cannot throw herself at Nakaji the way Nodame throws herself at Chiaki, or she'll come off as desperate and a bit pathetic (like Kiriko, who doesn't seem to know what to do with herself other than hang out in Nakaji's apartment to pander to his needs). Nodame just doesn't care how she comes off to other people. :lol But I want to see Haru maintain her dignity and female pride in front of Nakaji and make him work a bit for their relationship too.

As for some comments that Juri's acting as Haru was reminding people of Nodame, I think it was a bit apparent in the first couple of episodes but it's getting better now as she's got a firmer grip on the role. Her facial expressions and body language as Nodame were exaggerated to suit the comic-book feel of the story, but when she does the same type of acting to denote innocence in a 'regular, non-mangaish' drama, it doesn't jive as well. Like in the hospital room scene in the episode where Peach cut her wrists, all of them were sitting around the bed when Peach woke up. Instead of looking really worried and concerned about Peach, as she was her best friend, Haru just looked really innocent and wide-eyed at Peach, pursing her lips over and over again (Juri does that quite frequently) while sitting by her bedside. That scene felt really off to me. I expected more from Juri's acting there. Even Eita's Nakaji looked more concerned for Peach than Haru. He had a slight frown on his face and observed Peach quietly while the others were talking around Peach. I just think Juri is trying to act too hard, instead of 'being' her character in some scenes. Some scenes appear too forced, like on the bridge when she tells Nakaji "gambatte", like it's supposed to be a really poignant and special moment between them, and other scenes felt underplayed. But those were mainly in the first couple of episodes. Their acting is getting more natural now. I'm starting to like Peach, Linda, Haru and even Doctor, as they become more rounded characters. Doctor is not just a timid Korean guy with an adorable hopeless crush on a girl. He has a sort of rivalry going on there with Nakaji, and is very aware of the unspoken attraction between Nakaji and Haru. I'm glad that Doctor is stepping up in the next episodes and boldly trying to to win over Haru's heart even if he might not succeed. :thumright:
condorjoe wrote:Regarding episode 6...
Considering that Nakaji is dating Kiriko, why shouldn't Haru date Doctor?He adores her and she can't be with Nakaji. IMO, the whole drama is driven by the Nakaji-Haru dynamic. None of the characters are being truly honest with each other or to themselves.

I'm curious to see what the cliffhanger for episode 6 will be.

Exactly. Nakaji has a lover and I'm glad Haru is giving Doctor a chance, better that than moping around and pining over Nakaji. She was quite silly to be so disappointed when Nakaji didn't show up at their supposed movie date, when she knew very well that he had Kiriko. Didn't she stumble on Kiriko and Nakaji together in his place, that morning when she visited him to return his pants? She knew that guy had a gf, and even chided him for saying flirty things to her before. Why the sudden memory loss when she thought that Nakaji was asking her out on a date? Haru conveniently forgot about Kiriko because she was too happy that Nakaji gave her the movie tickets. Nakaji is to be blamed for leading her on too, because his words are not congruent with his actions. He shows a lot of interest in Haru without realising it himself. How can the poor girl get over him? It's a bit like the Jasper character in The Holiday, and coincidentally the movie's soundtrack is being used in Sunao.
Last edited by hanapyupyu on May 13th, '10, 17:45, edited 2 times in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 13th, '10, 13:33

^ Uh, shouldn't you be using the spoiler tags?

Seems like I have to keep reminding people. :pale:

Back on topic:
condorjoe wrote:Regarding episode 6...
Exactly... Remember the English title of the drama folks. :)

It's a predictable, obvious twist.... And like what others have said, it won't last.

Outside

Post by Outside » May 13th, '10, 15:18

miznagase wrote:
i don't think the relationship between doctor and haru is going to last very long.
she should ask her rich husband to buy it for her. isn't that (money) the only reason why she married him from the first place?!! :whistling:
i really want nakaji and haru to end up together, but during the time haru is going out with doctor, i hope there's at least one kissing scene :lol
I don't think it last long at all! LOL yes to the kissing scene! But those two already have gossip talking about them, so I don't know if it's gonna be a good idea.

Done watching episode 5 raw.
WHAT?!!! So that's it?!! I mean the big opening scene at the beginning ends just like that?!!! Did Peach lost her baby then?

I knew Kiriko's husband is aware of her affair!

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » May 13th, '10, 15:26

bmwracer wrote:^ Uh, shouldn't you be using the spoiler tags?

Seems like I have to keep reminding people. :pale:
Oops. I keep forgetting to include those darn spoiler tags. Besides, my comments are on previous episodes that most here would have already seen. But anyway, done. :roll

On another shallower note, I just wanted to comment on Juri's fashion style in this drama. Her permed hairstyle is kinda ahjumma, as someone said here. lol, but it's okay. Juri is young enough to carry it off, and she looks nice when she gets creative with her hair, like how she styled it for her ill-fated date with Nakaji. And those smart jackets over simple tops is a nice casual look for Haru. But I can't stand Haru's jeans - I think the fad in Hollywood these days is for actresses to wear baggy, faded loose jeans that seemed to be borrowed from their boyfriends. Hence, the term 'boyfriend jeans'. Those jeans look fugly on a girl. Juri would look much sleeker and sexier in skinny jeans. :P

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 13th, '10, 17:17

hanapyupyu wrote:Juri would look much sleeker and sexier in skinny jeans. :P
yeah, like the skinny jeans ruka always wore :thumright:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 13th, '10, 17:29

hanapyupyu wrote:But I can't stand Haru's jeans - I think the fad in Hollywood these days is for actresses to wear baggy, faded loose jeans that seemed to be borrowed from their boyfriends. Hence, the term 'boyfriend jeans'. Those jeans look fugly on a girl. Juri would look much sleeker and sexier in skinny jeans. :P

Juri-chan's been wearing those sack dresses for so long, now she's apparently gone over to sack jeans... Yikes. :pale:

miznagase wrote:
hanapyupyu wrote:Juri would look much sleeker and sexier in skinny jeans. :P
yeah, like the skinny jeans ruka always wore :thumright:
Nah, those are too skinny: they make her look like a twig. :pale:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 13th, '10, 17:34

miznagase wrote:

i tried really hard not to read the spoilers, but i couldn't help myself :P

NO IM NOT GOING TO READ IT!!!! (thats what im telling myself right now!) im at work so i cant do anything about it...thats what sucks!!! :cussing:

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » May 13th, '10, 17:52

bmwracer wrote:
hanapyupyu wrote:But I can't stand Haru's jeans - I think the fad in Hollywood these days is for actresses to wear baggy, faded loose jeans that seemed to be borrowed from their boyfriends. Hence, the term 'boyfriend jeans'. Those jeans look fugly on a girl. Juri would look much sleeker and sexier in skinny jeans. :P

Juri-chan's been wearing those sack dresses for so long, now she's apparently gone over to sack jeans... Yikes. :pale::
LOL. I think I like those sack dresses better. She looks very preppy cute in those Nodame style dresses. :D

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 13th, '10, 18:51

hanapyupyu wrote:
bmwracer wrote:

Juri-chan's been wearing those sack dresses for so long, now she's apparently gone over to sack jeans... Yikes. :pale::
LOL. I think I like those sack dresses better. She looks very preppy cute in those Nodame style dresses. :D
Not all of her Nodame apparel were sacks: Most of her Europe clothing looked like Burberry imitations and were really nice. :thumright:

And Nodame never wore pants... Unless you count PJs. :mrgreen:

Outside

Post by Outside » May 13th, '10, 19:03

I'm so curious as to what's going on in this cap!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 13th, '10, 19:24

Outside wrote:I'm so curious as to what's going on in this cap!

Look like he's consoling her about something...

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 13th, '10, 19:41

bmwracer wrote:

What episode is that from?

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 13th, '10, 19:55

condorjoe wrote:
bmwracer wrote:

What episode is that from?
Judging from the credits/disclaimer at the bottom, I'm guessing it's a preview for Episode 6...

Outside

Post by Outside » May 13th, '10, 20:02

Yes, it's the preview for episode 6!^^

voldemort

Post by voldemort » May 13th, '10, 23:01

Watched ep 5. I like that drama a lot, can't wait for next episode.

The only think I don't like much is that too high number of people in love with the very same character...
Kiriko, Haru, Peach, Linda... isn't that too much just for Nakaji? Ok he is supposed to be popular as photograph, with models asking for dates... but come on...
Edit: oops edited the episode number, was 5 and not 6, thanks for pointing it!
Last edited by voldemort on May 14th, '10, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

ok

Post by esmer86 » May 13th, '10, 23:04

Im kinda thinking about the first sceen in the first episode...did anybody think it was Linda with the opening blood sceen? I mean come on. look at how he is solving everything...sleeping with his boss so he can just be closer to Nakaji with whom, i think, he is falling in love with. What it seems like is that he is finally coming out that he is starting to have feelings for a man for the first time and in more case that man is in love with his so called girlfriend at the time and if it keeps progressing with Haru and Nakaji i think it would just make matters worse for him. I hope they just dont make him go the deep end in the end of the series. I think with his boss and Nakaji he will start having suicide thoughts. Just look at the shower sceen with him(haha! that sounded wrong).

seeing episode 5 I'm like 55% right now for Haru and Doctor. I guess i just want Doctor to be happy in love and i was kinda of worried that Peach might start having feelings for Nakaji but i think that starting to run to as brother and sister. In my mind the whole fight sceen with doctor and the punks was so different. i pictured the punks left after haru decided to call the police and dr. is all beat up and in someway, i dont know how, they ended up doing a light kiss and that is when Nakaji comes up on the roof and sees them. That was just my imagination i guess!

I SOOO WANT TO FIND OUT WHY HARU IS CRYING IN THE PREVIEW FOR EP.6! COME ON NAKAJI....YOU KEEP SAYING THAT YOU WANT HARU AND DOCTOR TO BE TOGETHER BUT YOU ARE ALWAYS FINDING A WAY TO BE WITH HER. ITS NOT LIKE YOU GUYS HAVE TO WALK TOGETHER EVERY NIGHT ON YOUR WAY HOME, EVEN THOUGH YOU TWO MIGHT LIVE CLOSE! AND NOW YOU CONSOLING HER....COME ON...TALK ABOUT MIXED SIGNALS!

:cussing: i HATE waiting for the next episode!!! Before watching an episode Im always telling myself ok. after this one you are going to be calm about and just wait for the next ep. like its nothing but every time i finish the episode Im the same way!! I'm screaming, "WHAT COME ON!!!" and its me again saying I cant wait for the next episode!

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 13th, '10, 23:05

voldemort wrote:Watched ep 6. I like that drama a lot, can't wait for next episode.

The only think I don't like much is that too high number of people in love with the very same character...
Kiriko, Haru, Peach, Linda... isn't that too much just for Nakaji? Ok he is supposed to be popular as photograph, with models asking for dates... but come on...
Ha! True! he is Mr.Popular! :wub:

Jolie

Post by Jolie » May 13th, '10, 23:17

where can i download Sunao's HD (1280*720 or higher) dramas without subtitles??
THNX for helping~

Outside

Post by Outside » May 13th, '10, 23:40

Jolie wrote:where can i download Sunao's HD (1280*720 or higher) dramas without subtitles??
THNX for helping~
Here's episode 5(1280x720) raw!
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_85038.htm

I'm sure you can find the rest of the episode on here:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewforum_10.htm
voldemort wrote:Watched ep 6. I like that drama a lot, can't wait for next episode.

I agree! It's a little too much for me also. Even Linda's boss is interest in him. People were saying they should name it 'Everybody loves Nakaji' instead lmao!

GOZES

Post by GOZES » May 13th, '10, 23:53

i will try to hold my self from riding the spoiler for now... can't wait for the subs for ep 5

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 14th, '10, 00:17

Uh, you need to get your episodes straight: they just aired Episode 5.

Episode 6 is next week. :sweat:

Jolie

Post by Jolie » May 14th, '10, 00:25

Outside wrote:
Jolie wrote:where can i download Sunao's HD (1280*720 or higher) dramas without subtitles??
THNX for helping~
Here's episode 5(1280x720) raw!
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_85038.htm

I'm sure you can find the rest of the episode on here:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewforum_10.htm

I agree! It's a little too much for me also. Even Linda's boss is interest in him. People were saying they should name it 'Everybody loves Nakaji' instead lmao!
THANK U SOOOOO MUCH!!!!

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 14th, '10, 00:38

Just saw the preview for episode 6...

There's some cute scenes between Nakaji teaching Haru about photography at the zoo. Also a lot Nakaji mojo. Also I think Nakaji comforting Haru after he tells her he plans to marry Kiriko. [/spoiler

Outside

Post by Outside » May 14th, '10, 02:53

Rating for episode 5 is 10.9% almost back to 11! I'm not even sure if 10 is good but now I'm just so glad that it didn't falls to one digit!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 14th, '10, 03:19

^ You guys shouldn't be worrying so much about the ratings... It's quality over quantity. :mrgreen:

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 14th, '10, 04:38

just finished watching episode 5
i'm starting to like peach more because she's standing up for haru and showing signs that she's a loyal friend :thumright:
i feel bad that she had a miscarriage :cry: that must be so devastating...
the fact that nakaji went to go help peach instead of haru reveals that he's not interested in haru.
at this point, i don't know if they'll end up together, even though i was hoping they would :P
the scenes between nakaji's dad and haru's mom are really irritating :glare:
why can't the writers just tell us straight up what the deal is between those two?! :scratch:
i can't believe that linda slept with that nasty ass boss!!! :crazy:
linda, you're better than that :-(
i think that the fight between haru and that creepy student and his gang was a way to bring haru and doctor together.
doctor showed that he's not a shy and timid guy.
he has the courage to fight for the girl he really likes :wub:
haru's little bro should stop hanging out with those losers.

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 14th, '10, 08:54

miznagase wrote:just finished watching episode 5
i'm starting to like peach more because she's standing up for haru and showing signs that she's a loyal friend :thumright:
i feel bad that she had a miscarriage :cry: that must be so devastating...
the fact that nakaji went to go help peach instead of haru reveals that he's not interested in haru.
at this point, i don't know if they'll end up together, even though i was hoping they would :P
the scenes between nakaji's dad and haru's mom are really irritating :glare:
why can't the writers just tell us straight up what the deal is between those two?! :scratch:
i can't believe that linda slept with that nasty ass boss!!! :crazy:
linda, you're better than that :-(
i think that the fight between haru and that creepy student and his gang was a way to bring haru and doctor together.
doctor showed that he's not a shy and timid guy.
he has the courage to fight for the girl he really likes :wub:
haru's little bro should stop hanging out with those losers.
I just hope that's the last of that whole Haru's creepy kid storyline. That seems more of a throwaway plot line.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 14th, '10, 13:29

condorjoe wrote:
I just hope that's the last of that whole Haru's creepy kid storyline. That seems more of a throwaway plot line.
+1.

The story needs to maintain focus on the main players... Less is more.

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » May 14th, '10, 17:26

condorjoe wrote:
No throwaway plot for me, I feel it served to advance the relationships between the main characters.
Well, I mean Doctor and Haru of course ;) Without a life-and-death kind of situation like that, how would Haru ever know how much Doctor is in love with her?

Damn, you know what? I started watching this entire series for Eita/Juri, but now I'm rooting for Doctor/Haru instead. Come on, is no one else moved by his dedication? He grabbed a knife for her. Grabbed a knife and let it cut deliberately into his skin. And then got thoroughly beat up. This guy is dedicated in a way Nakaji isn't.
And of course, that means I've just finished watching the episode raw ;) One day I think I might give up waiting for the subs altogether, the show is just so gripping.