[Discussion] Sunao ni Narenakute (Ueno Juri, Eita)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 14th, '10, 17:33

stolenxkisses wrote:
Well, I mean Doctor and Haru of course ;) Without a life-and-death kind of situation like that, how would Haru ever know how much Doctor is in love with her?

Damn, you know what? I started watching this entire series for Eita/Juri, but now I'm rooting for Doctor/Haru instead. Come on, is no one else moved by his dedication? He grabbed a knife for her. Grabbed a knife and let it cut deliberately into his skin. And then got thoroughly beat up. This guy is dedicated in a way Nakaji isn't.
i totally agree :thumright:
haru should definitely go out with doctor.
he'll protect her no matter what :thumleft:
nakaji is pissing me off :glare:
i hope peach doesn't end up falling in love with him too :roll
he's really good at leading girls on :whistling:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 14th, '10, 18:03

stolenxkisses wrote:
Damn, you know what? I started watching this entire series for Eita/Juri, but now I'm rooting for Doctor/Haru instead. Come on, is no one else moved by his dedication? He grabbed a knife for her. Grabbed a knife and let it cut deliberately into his skin. And then got thoroughly beat up. This guy is dedicated in a way Nakaji isn't.
Thing is, dedication can lead to obsession... And maybe the story will take that route... I think the writer is purposely leading you guys on.

IMO, no matter what Doctor does, it's still one-sided. The guy could end world hunger and create peace throughout the world, but if Haru isn't interested, nothing will change that.

Mai-Soon

Post by Mai-Soon » May 14th, '10, 18:33

bmwracer wrote:
stolenxkisses wrote:
Thing is, dedication can lead to obsession... And maybe the story will take that route... I think the writer is purposely leading you guys on.

IMO, no matter what Doctor does, it's still one-sided. The guy could end world hunger and create peace throughout the world, but if Haru isn't interested, nothing will change that.
heheh, very true... :D
and now after accepting Eita/ueno pairing...here we have this trauma...and yeah, i dun wanna Haru to end up with Doctor :glare:

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » May 14th, '10, 18:41

miznagase wrote:
stolenxkisses wrote:
Well, I mean Doctor and Haru of course ;) Without a life-and-death kind of situation like that, how would Haru ever know how much Doctor is in love with her?

^ This so much.
I agree with both of you. I started watching this drama for Juri and Eita, but so far, their relationship is going nowhere and I'm losing my patience with rooting for them. Nakaji doesn't deserve Haru anyway....why is she so hung up on him? I don't like Nakaji...he's a douche to Haru. What's his appeal anyway that everyone in the drama is SO attracted to Nakaji like bees to honey? Pfft. Just cuz Nakaji is the resident 'bad boy' - the one who dresses like a hippy and fashions his hair like Einstein, has an adulterous relationship with an older woman and works as a photographer for a saucy magazine - doesn't automatically mean that he's suddenly Mr. Studmuffin. Not to me, anyways. :glare:

Not hating on Eita here, just not warming up to Nakaji as much as the writer wants us to. Maybe that's why the ratings are low. Everything and everyone revolves around Nakaji, the manslut. :cussing:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 14th, '10, 19:09

hanapyupyu wrote:
just not warming up to Nakaji as much as the writer wants us to.
I don't think the writer is trying to at all... It's what everyone else seems to want or think should happen...

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » May 14th, '10, 19:14

hanapyupyu wrote:
miznagase wrote:
stolenxkisses wrote:

^ This so much.
I agree with both of you. I started watching this drama for Juri and Eita, but so far, their relationship is going nowhere and I'm losing my patience with rooting for them. Nakaji doesn't deserve Haru anyway....why is she so hung up on him? I don't like Nakaji...he's a douche to Haru. What's his appeal anyway that everyone in the drama is SO attracted to Nakaji like bees to honey? Pfft. Just cuz Nakaji is the resident 'bad boy' - the one who dresses like a hippy and fashions his hair like Einstein, has an adulterous relationship with an older woman and works as a photographer for a saucy magazine - doesn't automatically mean that he's suddenly Mr. Studmuffin. Not to me, anyways. :glare:

Not hating on Eita here, just not warming up to Nakaji as much as the writer wants us to. Maybe that's why the ratings are low. Everything and everyone revolves around Nakaji, the manslut. :cussing:
Zomg, I LOLed at your description here. I love what you've done with Eita's character ;)
bmwracer wrote:
Chill... I'm opting for the more clear-cut explanation here: Doctor as the third wheel that makes Nakaji (finally?! when?!) realise that he likes Haru too. Going with your theory would add another layer to this (already complicated) storyline, and I'm not sure they'd want to do that, given all the loose ends that need to be tied up properly. Though it'd make a great horror flick. :mrgreen:

If you notice, there's a type of feeling that's being built up with this society -- something warm, a dedication, Orange Days-like, if you will. They're not going to tear apart this friendship just for Doctor's character, I don't think. Time will tell.

Vagueness to evade the need for spoiler tags ;) They're driving me a bit mad.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 14th, '10, 19:52

stolenxkisses wrote:Vagueness to evade the need for spoiler tags ;) They're driving me a bit mad.
Yeah, it is a bit much, but what else can one do?

I suppose a discussion off-site for those who have already viewed the episodes would be a good thing and spare us the use of the spoiler tags. :mrgreen:

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 15th, '10, 02:58

There's something pathetic about Doctor wanting Haru even though she may never really love him. Haru will be dating him out of gratitude for saving her. Plus, he's nice.
I don't think this makes Haru a bad person but she's toying with Doctor's feelings.
I think Doctor deserves someone who genuinely wants to be with him. With Nakaji around, that's not going to happen with Haru. Haru lights up whenever Nakaji is around. That's going to be painful for Doctor to witness. If y' all want to root for that, power to ya.

It's funny how everyone tells Nakaji how much Haru loves him but he would rather stay in denial than examine his feelings for her. Both Nakaji and Haru are consciously avoiding that conversation but their connection with one another is undeniable. Nakaji has never mislead Haru. Sure, he tried to kiss her in the first episode but it's not enough to make a big stink about it. Haru pretty much stopped things. Let's not forget she knows that he's involved with Kiriko and is unavailable. But she loves him anyways. So much so that she just wants to be a part of his life. It's sad. I don't know anyone who hasn't been in that situation where the person you like most only sees you as a friend. It sucks.

To me, Nakaji is that kind of person that other characters gravitate too. He's friendly, flirtatious, and sociable. It's no surprise that the other characters are attracted to him. His actions may be misconstrued but it's never done with malicious intentions.

Watching episode 5 again, Nakaji was on his way to save Haru but he got the call from Peach. I really can't find fault in him aiding Peach considering her condition and a choice had to be made.

Watching the preview of episode 6, it appears that Haru will still be pretty shaken from her attack and pust up a brave face. Nakaji seems to be the one who notices something is wrong and comforts her. Doctor may be too happy to notice.
[/spoiler]
Last edited by condorjoe on May 15th, '10, 08:24, edited 2 times in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 15th, '10, 03:20

condorjoe wrote:
There's something pathetic about Doctor wanting Haru even though she may never really love him. Haru will be dating him out of gratitude for saving her. Plus, he's nice.
I don't think this makes Haru a bad person but she's toying with Doctor's feelings.
I think Doctor deserves someone who genuinely wants to be with him. With Nakaji around, that's not going to happen with Haru. Haru lights up whenever Nakaji is around. That's going to be painful for Doctor to witness. If y' all want to root for that, power to ya.

It's funny how everyone tells Nakaji how much Haru loves him but he would rather stay in denial than examine his feelings for her. Both Nakaji and Haru are consciously avoiding that conversation but their connection with one another is undeniable. Nakaji has never mislead Haru. She knows that he's involved with Kiriko and is unavailable. She loves him so much that she just wants to be a part of his life. It's sad.

Watching episode 5 again, Nakaji was on his way to save Haru but he got the call from Peach. I really can't find fault in him aiding Peach considering her condition and a choice had to be made.

Watching the preview of episode 6, it appears that Haru will still be troubled from her attack and put up a brave face. Nakaji seems to be the one who notices something is wrong and comforts her. Doctor may be too happy to notice.
I really like your episode-by-episode analyses.

There's an undeniable truth about them... They're less about emotion and more pragmatic and logical. :thumright:

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 15th, '10, 04:27

bmwracer wrote:
condorjoe wrote:

It's funny how everyone tells Nakaji how much Haru loves him but he would rather stay in denial than examine his feelings for her. Both Nakaji and Haru are consciously avoiding that conversation but their connection with one another is undeniable. Nakaji has never mislead Haru. She knows that he's involved with Kiriko and is unavailable. She loves him so much that she just wants to be a part of his life. It's sad.

Watching the preview of episode 6, it appears that Haru will still be troubled from her attack and put up a brave face. Nakaji seems to be the one who notices something is wrong and comforts her. Doctor may be too happy to notice.

There's an undeniable truth about them... They're less about emotion and more pragmatic and logical. :thumright:
Thanks.
It's like being involved with someone because it's convenient not because it's with someone who makes you feel alive.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 15th, '10, 05:15

condorjoe wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
condorjoe wrote:

Thanks.
It's like being involved with someone because it's convenient not because it's with someone who makes you feel alive.
True that. :thumright:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 15th, '10, 07:58

hanapyupyu wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My thoughts exactly. I really don't like Nakaji. I mean, he chose to be friends with these guys and he's being too much of a diva there. Also, he DID mislead Haru. He kissed her in the first episode and generally spends a lot of time "being comfy" with her. Sure, people don't fall for others only cause of this, but there are those who do. You don't treat people like that when there's a chance they might misunderstand or you make it clear to them and apologize for misleading them! Did Nakaji ever tell her, in her face that "I'm sorry. I love Kiriko, I'm not available. I'm sorry I kissed you then, it was an impulse cause you looked cute (and I hadn't gotten laid recently) and sorry for letting you think otherwise." If he had been a man and made things clear instead of just being awkward with her and getting jealous like that all the time, I'd like him. He'd be a proper man in my eyes.

But for him to tease her like this by showing interest, to throw Kiriko in her face and have the nerve to get jealous and have tantrums, that's just lousy of him. Sure, he doesn't understand himself etc etc BUT, you know the girl's in love with you. People tell you and you can see it too. When you know someone likes you, but you don't like them back (or think you don't) you don't go around teasing them over and over and give them even more false signs of interest. It's like, he doesn't think about Haru's feelings at all and about what he's doing to her.

I really can't see why they are all falling for him like spiders to Raid. Sure, he's hot, but he's got a bad character. What the heck do they admire or love about him? It just makes the rest of the characters seem stupid and weak and thus, makes the viewer not sympathize with them anymore. If it's their "love" for him that drives them and you don't agree with that "love" then all they do, all their actions lose meaning for you.

But I agree with you
Doctor will be the third wheel that will get Nakaji to wake up. I don't like it though. I think having a love rival/love triangle in a series is the easy way out. You only have to use jealousy to show the emotions of love and that's cheap. Shows that whoever wrote it can't develop a love in any other, more subtle way than with dramatic happenings and big jealousy tantrums. He could just be obsessed with her, or be jealous that she doesn't like him for being so awesome and likes some cream-puff, or even hate the fact that they could be a happy couple when he's not. Just cause he'll be jealous and want her to leave Doctor and possibly be with him, doesn't mean he loves her. Jealousy and wanting to have someone only to yourself does NOT mean love. Heck, people who beat up their wives have those two characteristics and there's no hint of love or respect there.

Which is another reason I liked "Last Friends". Ruka and Takeru's love was pure and human. It might not have been based on sexual attraction, but it was definitely love. Sure, couple love is different when there's lust and jealousy and all, but you can still make it pure and romantic and moving without leaving the jealousy out.

This isn't a romantic drama at all. The "loves" they have here are just messed up and not deep at all. Doctor just fancies Haru and she's just stuck with Nakaji. Linda just fancies Nakaji too. And don't start with "But, he slept with the boss for his sake! He loves him!" cause one deed doesn't make love. He kissed her and tried to sleep with her in the past too, just for his own sake and his job so just cause he got some viagra and screwed that thing to get a job for Nakaji and impress/win him over, doesn't mean it's love. I'm not saying Linda is a bad person, far from it, but just cause he's a doormat, doesn't mean he genuinely loves Nakaji. So, personally, I hope there won't be any couples and happy endings cause that's the only thing that would make what's going on now acceptable. Things are going from bad to worse, and by the end of the series, I want everyone to be broken and/or dead or crazy. If this mess turns into a romantic drama, I won't like it. I'll have to sacrifice my EitaxJuri wishes, but I just don't want them to be a couple anymore.

xxpinkyzxx

Post by xxpinkyzxx » May 15th, '10, 11:21

lol, i just hope this show doesn't end like honey and clover where everyone ended with no one XD

Outside

Post by Outside » May 15th, '10, 13:36

Again, for those of you that can't wait for GOESS's sub... here is Angel's sub. She's done subbing the whole episode 5 already! Watch the rest on her channel~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSzNEKPfwvA

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 15th, '10, 17:46

Orion1986 wrote:My thoughts exactly. I really don't like Nakaji. I mean, he chose to be friends with these guys and he's being too much of a diva there. Also, he DID mislead Haru. He kissed her in the first episode and generally spends a lot of time "being comfy" with her. Sure, people don't fall for others only cause of this, but there are those who do. You don't treat people like that when there's a chance they might misunderstand or you make it clear to them and apologize for misleading them! Did Nakaji ever tell her, in her face that "I'm sorry. I love Kiriko, I'm not available. I'm sorry I kissed you then, it was an impulse cause you looked cute (and I hadn't gotten laid recently) and sorry for letting you think otherwise." If he had been a man and made things clear instead of just being awkward with her and getting jealous like that all the time, I'd like him. He'd be a proper man in my eyes.

But for him to tease her like this by showing interest, to throw Kiriko in her face and have the nerve to get jealous and have tantrums, that's just lousy of him. Sure, he doesn't understand himself etc etc BUT, you know the girl's in love with you. People tell you and you can see it too. When you know someone likes you, but you don't like them back (or think you don't) you don't go around teasing them over and over and give them even more false signs of interest. It's like, he doesn't think about Haru's feelings at all and about what he's doing to her.

I really can't see why they are all falling for him like spiders to Raid. Sure, he's hot, but he's got a bad character. What the heck do they admire or love about him? It just makes the rest of the characters seem stupid and weak and thus, makes the viewer not sympathize with them anymore. If it's their "love" for him that drives them and you don't agree with that "love" then all they do, all their actions lose meaning for you.

But I agree with you
Doctor will be the third wheel that will get Nakaji to wake up. I don't like it though. I think having a love rival/love triangle in a series is the easy way out. You only have to use jealousy to show the emotions of love and that's cheap. Shows that whoever wrote it can't develop a love in any other, more subtle way than with dramatic happenings and big jealousy tantrums. He could just be obsessed with her, or be jealous that she doesn't like him for being so awesome and likes some cream-puff, or even hate the fact that they could be a happy couple when he's not. Just cause he'll be jealous and want her to leave Doctor and possibly be with him, doesn't mean he loves her. Jealousy and wanting to have someone only to yourself does NOT mean love. Heck, people who beat up their wives have those two characteristics and there's no hint of love or respect there.

Which is another reason I liked "Last Friends". Ruka and Takeru's love was pure and human. It might not have been based on sexual attraction, but it was definitely love. Sure, couple love is different when there's lust and jealousy and all, but you can still make it pure and romantic and moving without leaving the jealousy out.

This isn't a romantic drama at all. The "loves" they have here are just messed up and not deep at all. Doctor just fancies Haru and she's just stuck with Nakaji. Linda just fancies Nakaji too. And don't start with "But, he slept with the boss for his sake! He loves him!" cause one deed doesn't make love. He kissed her and tried to sleep with her in the past too, just for his own sake and his job so just cause he got some viagra and screwed that thing to get a job for Nakaji and impress/win him over, doesn't mean it's love. I'm not saying Linda is a bad person, far from it, but just cause he's a doormat, doesn't mean he genuinely loves Nakaji. So, personally, I hope there won't be any couples and happy endings cause that's the only thing that would make what's going on now acceptable. Things are going from bad to worse, and by the end of the series, I want everyone to be broken and/or dead or crazy. If this mess turns into a romantic drama, I won't like it. I'll have to sacrifice my EitaxJuri wishes, but I just don't want them to be a couple anymore.
holy crap! my thoughts exactly!!! :thumright:
after the first episode, i was almost sure that nakaji was going to dump his cheap, paranoid girlfriend and start going out with haru instead.
but no, he turned out to be a total ass who leads girls on and loves the attention that he's getting from them :roll
people are saying that it's haru's fault that nakaji is always with her and that she should stay away from him because she knows he has a girlfriend.
but doesn't nakaji know that haru likes him? and doesn't he know that he has a girlfriend? :lol
he should be the one who tells haru straight up that he's not interested and that he can't date her because he's taken :roll
i don't think it's haru's fault at all. this drama is kissing nakaji's ass :glare:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 15th, '10, 18:52

miznagase wrote: holy crap! my thoughts exactly!!! :thumright:
after the first episode, i was almost sure that nakaji was going to dump his cheap, paranoid girlfriend and start going out with haru instead.
but no, he turned out to be a total ass who leads girls on and loves the attention that he's getting from them :roll
people are saying that it's haru's fault that nakaji is always with her and that she should stay away from him because she knows he has a girlfriend.
but doesn't nakaji know that haru likes him? and doesn't he know that he has a girlfriend? :lol
he should be the one who tells haru straight up that he's not interested and that he can't date her because he's taken :roll
i don't think it's haru's fault at all. this drama is kissing nakaji's ass :glare:
How is it Haru's fault? Does she force him there? They are all friends so why should she be away from the others just so he can keep it in his pants? Is the solution when you like someone to disappear just cause they're not man enough and confident enough and in love with their girlfriend enough not to cause problems? Why should she get ostracized just cause she likes him and he can't take it like a man and make up his mind? He's not sure about his feelings, he can't decide on one woman to show affection and interest to, gets jealous over what happens with you even though he has no right to and when you're around, you tempt him, so go away, bad baaaad woman and stop making the kid a total a-hole... Yeees... It's clearly Haru's fault he's a moron. It's her fault that he kissed her and has been showing signs of attraction, interest and jealousy over her enough to cause turmoil within the group and ruin if for everyone. Haru... What a b*tch... :rofl:

And the Doctor had to step away for a while too. He was waiting at a place near by at some point cause he didn't want to go to The Emotion and cause a fight again. It's like, Nakaji is this bad boy charmer and suddenly everyone has to make sacrifices for him? What has he done for the group and his friends besides cause tension and problems? Just cause he took a couple of photos for Doctor? Which could, by the way, potentially land him more proper status as a photographer than the porn magazine does so it's not like it inconveniences him in any way. So he went back to help the Doctor keep his job and save him from ruin, skipping a dinner with a girl he isn't even feeling too hot for anymore. Oh my God! He skipped a dinner to save a man's life! The boy is a hero! Big effing whoop! :glare:

Just watched 5

Much to tell so let's go by order of appearance..
So, Nakaji's poor dad has stage 3 lung cancer (if my engrish is good enough, lol). Well, it was obvious, but it still sucks. I feel sorry for him and Haru's mom. It's sad not being able to spend your life with someone you love and then realize time's up. They do look that they genuinely love each other.

My second thought, is that I just found my two favorite characters so far. Doctor and yes, PEACH! I just LOVE the woman! She's turning out to be awesome after all. I mean, she did have her problems and still does, but she takes care of everyone too. Here we have a girl that's alone and pregnant in a male dominated society, also suffering from depression (at least to some degree since she has more than one cuts on her wrist), no one to really call her own who needs her, and she still tries to help her friends and protect them. Sure, it's usually easier to take care of others than yourself, but it still takes power. I think Peach just needs someone to call her own. Everyone needs to be needed by someone and the baby gave her that boost. Her maternal instincts are off the chart and she's set out to put everyone in their place. She totally whooped Nakaji's cute butt with her meeting with him and the drink. Oh my GOD, I so enjoyed his "shower"! Which is why I hope she didn't lose her baby (although she looks pretty happy in the preview for 6). I just think she's being very honest, open and sweet to everyone. And not the kawaii, won't-argue-with-anyone so everyone will love me kind of way either. She's a.. peach :roll when all's good and the receiver deserves it, but when someone messes up and hurts someone that doesn't deserve it, she WILL tear them a new one. I just adore her after this episode.

Which leaves us with Doc... Can I just say... I never found him sexy till now, but MAN, was that hot! :w000t: The crazy son of a gun grabbed a knife! A friggin' knife and then beat the bejeebles out of those a-holes! :notworthy: He was just so awesome at that point. He's also very honest and he's getting less wussier somehow. I mean, he's on the level with everyone. He respects Haru, respects his friends and even had the courage to go to Nakaji and ask him honestly. THAT'S a proper man! :wub:

Nakaji's still quite the idiot... He's basically pushing Haru onto Doc. Cause they're both nice so "Why not get together with him even though you don't see him that way and aren't just a compass to change whenever you turn around a couple of degrees?". That's what he was saying in a nutshell. And the typical "I want you to be happy" a.k.a "I want you off my case" line. Just so he can feel better about misleading her and getting her hooked, he's pushing her towards the first guy available and willing without thinking about how she feels. Boy, if Peach was there, she'd drop a f*cking keg of orange juice on you, not just a glass this time... And he told Doctor very straight, that he has a girlfriend whom he loves so why oh why can't he man up and tell that to Haru too. Sure, she knows, but making it 100% clear in her face and completely eradicating any hope that she might have, is his duty as a man who doesn't want her and is the reason she got the crush in the first place.

Next issue is, the husbaaaaand. Oh how I want the b*tch Kiriko to have to face him about this. I just hope he's smart enough not to blame Nakaji for this and realize it's his slut, gold digger of a wife that's ruining everyone. Divorce the hussy and leave her in poverty and shame! :hissy:

Another highlight of the episode... Did we almost see Linda ala full frontal in the shower, or are my eyes on ero mode again? :shhh: I just stared at it, I mean him! :unsure: and I just thought "Stop staring! He's gay!" followed by "That doesn't mean the actor is! Keep staring!". Damn it, why did they have to go and make me like Linda and Doc too? Now I won't know where to look first when they're all together! :lol Also, Tamayama's dad is korean? No wonder he's so handsome. I've found very few pure japanese that I find attractive. Personal taste thing, no offense to the japanese. :sweat:

The next item in our agenda, that little pr*ck, Haru's student. Having fun yet, you little bastard? She knows who you are and you got at least possession and trafficking of drugs, assault and possibly attempted rape and murder on your ass, you little sh*t! Sorry for the language, but I really enjoyed how the whole thing went South for him. :party:

Almost to the end now and I gotta say, two sexy men running, was not a bad way to finish up the episode. Doctor's hair was amazing and Eita can really pull off leather pants. You just want to see him running from every possible angle in those, although I imagine the poor guy must have been steaming in those and running ain't exactly a pick nick when in leather either. Still, niiice to look at. :thumleft:

Lastly, if any "Doctor" had done that for me, he'd get a hug followed by a massage and all kinds of service for a few days. From cleaning his house to blowing him, I mean his wounds! Some air on them would make them feel better... Yes... :whistling: I don't know if I'd fall for him, but I'd sure make it up to him with all I had.

Well, that was a huge post...

JC

Post by JC » May 16th, '10, 00:48

I'm not liking how Nakaji is being made the centre of everybodies attention within the Twitter crew. Haru loves him. Linda seems to lust for him. Kiriko clings to him. Dr. envies him. And I'm betting Peach is going to develop feelings for Nakaji too now. Although I hope not. Peach went up in my likeability charts for chucking a drink in his smug ass face.

I want to like this drama but I just find the story and the way it's being told so stupid. 5 episodes in and I don't feel like a great deal has advanced since the 1st episode. A good cast is being wasted on this crap.

Episode 5 wasn't bad though. Having Dr. show Haru how a real man rolls was an episode highlight. Nakaji threw water in a guys face and ran away. Dr. instead, broke through a metal door, grabbed a knife with his bare hand till it bled, beat down b*tches with a briefcase and took a beating so Haru wouldn't have to. That right there is man material. Not some scruffy haired tramp. Haru better recognize.
Last edited by JC on May 16th, '10, 01:41, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 16th, '10, 01:09

Beating people up in a suit and with a briefcase is a WIN any day! :notworthy:

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 16th, '10, 02:06

Orion1986 wrote:Beating people up in a suit and with a briefcase is a WIN any day! :notworthy:
Yeah getting your ass kicked by the same people instead of calling the police before playing hero is so sexy. It's a good thing Haru had enough sense to call the police to save Doctor's butt. That was pretty idiotic of Doctor to do that just to prove he can something to Haru. Not something to be applauded for.

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 16th, '10, 02:52

Orion1986 wrote:
Another highlight of the episode... Did we almost see Linda ala full frontal in the shower, or are my eyes on ero mode again? :shhh: I just stared at it, I mean him! :unsure: and I just thought "Stop staring! He's gay!" followed by "That doesn't mean the actor is! Keep staring!". Damn it, why did they have to go and make me like Linda and Doc too? Now I won't know where to look first when they're all together! :lol Also, Tamayama's dad is korean? No wonder he's so handsome. I've found very few pure japanese that I find attractive. Personal taste thing, no offense to the japanese. :sweat:
omg i thought i saw it too :P
tamayama's dad is korean? :blink
i never knew!!! he's one hell of a sexy guy :wub:
JC wrote:Dr. instead, broke through a metal door, grabbed a knife with his bare hand till it bled, beat down b*tches with a briefcase and took a beating so Haru wouldn't have to.
LOL :lol

JC

Post by JC » May 16th, '10, 03:34

What Dr. did should have had Haru take her forehead to the floor and ask for marriage. I mean, Damn! Women have asked for marriage for less in other dramas. I also think she owes it to Dr. to hit up HMV and Tower records and buy the entire of Tohoshinki's discography :P

occhokochoi

Post by occhokochoi » May 16th, '10, 03:41

Man I really hope Haru doesn't go for Doctor. Apart from the stalker vibes he is just so damn wet. There is nothing macho about grabbing a knife so your hand bleeds, how is that going to help you fend off a bunch of guys? Just shows he is a bit mental. Then hitting them with your briefcase and getting beaten up, again no points there.

Saying that I hope Haru doesn't end up with Nakaji either, there's no way she could handle him. Yeah he needs to sort out what he wants and stick to it but at least he's an interesting character. I'm hoping he ends up with the tattoo girl in the end after she gets a divorce.

None of them really suit Haru imo she needs someone in between Doctors wetness and Nakaji's selfishness i.e. a normal guy.
Last edited by occhokochoi on May 16th, '10, 04:53, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 16th, '10, 04:24

JC wrote:I'm not liking how Nakaji.....

Episode 5 .......
Spoiler tags.... Please??? :sweat:

kimigasukinanda

Post by kimigasukinanda » May 16th, '10, 07:54

I really really am not liking Doctor (and other thoughts)
Doctor seems way too desperate, to be honest. I mean, it's flattering and nice, but I think Haru wouldn't be doing anything but dating him out of gratitude and/or guilt. Seriously, that bit with him grabbing the knife? Some might say that's amazing and romantic and dedicated, but I see it as a sign of him being totally off his rocker. I would be thankful, for sure, but really creeped out, to be honest.

Honestly I hope Kiriko-san's husband puts a hit out on her or something. Every episode I pray for her death so Nakaji can just move on.

Also, I don't think Nakaji is being an ass. Is it his fault that Haru likes him, despite the fact that he is obviously in a relationship? I think he likes her a little bit, but he doesn't think too seriously about it because he's so in love with Kiriko-san. Which is unfortunate, but true. I don't see him leaving her unless something big happens.

And I don't think there's anything going on between Nakaji and Peach. He just helped her with her miscarriage, I don't think after that she's going to be into him or anything, that'd just be weird. Plus, Peach wouldn't go think about him like that knowing her best friend is in love with him.

Linda's character is so sad. I feel really bad for him... I hope he comes out soon, his friends would be supportive. And I really hope that creeper kid's storyline is over. Useless and boring.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 16th, '10, 08:48

Up till ep5 (well...still waiting for the subs)
but i did browse thru and saw the whole heroic scene played by Doc. I don't think we can blame anyone in this drama (except for that obasan boss Linda has)...everyone has their own problems.

We have Nakaji being in love with Kiriko, despite the fact that he's being drawn absent-mindedly towards Haru, I think it's gonna take some drastic incidents or time for him to finally realize who's more important to him. And yes, I agree with someone else who mentioned that it's also not his fault that Haru's in love with him. He already had Kiriko way way before he met Haru, who's a total stranger. So...it's only right for him to cling more towards his lover of (prob many years).

Haru, well...what can I say? She's found her first love. And I guess it's always hard to let go off ur first love :unsure: And I find her confession about how she just wants to stay by Nakaji's side even if they remain friends very very touching for some reason. The scene totally moved me. It takes a lot for someone to confess something like that to a friend. I think if Nakaji actually went out and heard her say that would make him re-think about his relationship with Kiriko. Let's not even go to Kiriko coz she's in the obasan boss group whom I hate so much :glare: Anyways, back to the topic, Haru will always have Doctor by her side to support her. Almost like how Haru will always be by Nakaji's side. But love only works both ways. So it'll only work if Haru completely let go off Nakaji.

Doctor...he totally amazed me somehow with his heroic action. Yeah, he may seem timid but at least he has the courage to do something (though fighting with a suitcase may sound a bit...immature but still...he's desperate to save Haru. Of course, he could get himself seriously injured but I guess, again...it shows how much he cared for Haru, in a less smart way). Most girls though would be touched to have someone to rush and save them, any day. I know I would. It just depends whether you develop the same feelings towards the other. It'd be nice however to see how their relationship develop from now on. It might not last long but this might actually make Nakaji realize how his heart is always drawn towards Haru. (his facial expression at the end of the ep when Haru didn't answer the call shows the truth).

Linda----> It makes me wonder how anyone can actually SACRIFICE so damn much for friends you've only met like...few weeks ago and several outings? This guy needs t have his brain checked by some specialist. First, yeah..he's doing everything for his boss for his own sake. Now, he's sleeping with her just so she won't lay hands on Nakaji? Is he really a grown-up anyway? I mean...it's just so frustrating everytime I see scenes of his boss ordering him this or that. And he's wagging his tail hopelessly. Where's your pride?

Peach----> Not one of my fav characters too but at least she's proven to be on Haru's side by trying to tell Nakaji how much Haru likes him and stands up for her. The splash on Nakaji was awesome and well done.

:cheers: And she's grown out of that suicidal world. So :thumright: for her! I find her character getting better than Linda's by the episode. At least she has the courage to bring her own baby up alone. As opposed to how Linda is always going for the easy way by letting his boss dictating him all the time.

Around ep 2-3 I find the story's not being developed enough and it still feels like it, less though. I think ep5 is like a turning point...I hope for drastic changes by the writers coz if it goes on the way it is, the drama's not getting anywhere. yeah, I'm done for now.
It's nice to see all these comments and careful evaluation from you all! :D

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 16th, '10, 09:03

kimigasukinanda wrote:I really really am not liking Doctor (and other thoughts)
Doctor seems way too desperate, to be honest. I mean, it's flattering and nice, but I think Haru wouldn't be doing anything but dating him out of gratitude and/or guilt. Seriously, that bit with him grabbing the knife? Some might say that's amazing and romantic and dedicated, but I see it as a sign of him being totally off his rocker. I would be thankful, for sure, but really creeped out, to be honest.

Honestly I hope Kiriko-san's husband puts a hit out on her or something. Every episode I pray for her death so Nakaji can just move on.

Also, I don't think Nakaji is being an ass. Is it his fault that Haru likes him, despite the fact that he is obviously in a relationship? I think he likes her a little bit, but he doesn't think too seriously about it because he's so in love with Kiriko-san. Which is unfortunate, but true. I don't see him leaving her unless something big happens.

And I don't think there's anything going on between Nakaji and Peach. He just helped her with her miscarriage, I don't think after that she's going to be into him or anything, that'd just be weird. Plus, Peach wouldn't go think about him like that knowing her best friend is in love with him.

Linda's character is so sad. I feel really bad for him... I hope he comes out soon, his friends would be supportive. And I really hope that creeper kid's storyline is over. Useless and boring.
Here's the thing...
There's a part in episode 3 where Nakaji was going to clear things up with Haru but she stops him to save herself the humiliation. Then there's a bit of Nakaji's voiceover explaining how neither he or Haru had the courage to confront their true feelings to each other. With Kirko's husband knowing about the affair, things may start to pick up. This could be her way out to be with Nakaji yet the question is will she? Kiriko seems to be the main obstacle between Haru and Nakaji. Plus you have their parents and how that will affect them as well. Here's some food for thought...if Nakaji's father is dying, wouldn't Haru's mother confess that Haru is his daughter by now? I wonder if that's going to be addressed soon. I can see Nakaji's father's condition bring Haru and Nakaji closer together.

I can see Peach develop a some kind of crush on Nakaji. Losing your baby is pretty traumatic and he was there for her. With Linda, I don't know how much he's really struggling with being in the closet. It seems that his conflict is more with his boss than whether he's gay. I can see his pain and the questionable choices he's made.

With Doctor...it seems that he's trying too hard. It's almost like he's competing with Nakaji's place in Haru's heart. Why else would he go to Nakaji's place to talk about Haru? Seriously, how many times does he need to turn to Nakaji for to get Haru to date him? I count 3 times so far. I give him credit for persistence but asking for Nakaji's permission seems way out there.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 16th, '10, 11:00

Ok, some thoughts on things previously said
Ok, yes, Nakaji has Kiriko... So why did he bring a stranger to his house and kiss her? I'm sorry, but Haru didn't know about Kiriko at the time. He was being friendly and cuddly with someone he had just met and clearly a very clumsy and innocent girl and then he goes and does that. It IS enough to get a girl to like you. Especially one that hasn't had relationships before, although I do credit him for not knowing that at the time. Of course he's had Kiriko for many years and of course he'll cling to her. THAT I would accept. But why, instead of clearly hanging onto JUST her, he's been "playing the field" with Haru and all his stares and gestures and jealous hissy fits? Sure, it's not all his fault and it's not JUST his fault Haru likes him. His behavior after this happened though, is still as crappy as before it happened. He has made some effort to save the situation, but not enough. And although I hate Kiriko, he's not being honest with her either. Sit down and explain to the woman that you don't like Haru, that you like your friends and want to be around them and tell her that a friend was in trouble and you had to help. If she's as awesome as you think she is, she'll be understanding and accept that you have people in your life that are not in hers. The reason he's hiding it is not because he doesn't want to hurt her. It's because he's scared she might get angry if she's not No1 and leave him. You can tell when he sees her with her husband too. She's scared he'll leave her and he's scared she'll leave him. There's no trust there anymore.

As for what doctor did, how can anyone say it's stupid? Well, sure it is, the act itself, but there isn't much choice. When he went up there, he had no idea what was going on. For all he knows, Haru was sick or had hurt herself somewhere. How was he supposed to know there would be a gang of badasses waiting for him? Would you, if you got a message like that, just call the police or would you go to your friend to see what's going on when, for all you know, they could have just lit a fire in their house or lost their cat or broken a nail? That's not the usual crowd a school teacher is found in the company of. So he goes out into the roof and there are these guys there. Is he supposed to be fiddling with his phone at a time like this? By the time it would get him to make the call, they could have killed him AND her for all he knew. He didn't even know if these guys had a gun! He acted as fast as he could to keep these guys busy while Haru runs away and calls the police. There was nothing else he could have done that wouldn't have endangered Haru and would have given someone enough time to call the police. So, I see it as being a very smart choice considering the situation he found himself in. It was quick thinking and efficient, even if dangerous for him.

Also, how could he not ask for Nakaji's permission when, as things seem, Nakaji liked her? He's his friend and he's man enough to even ask his opinion. Bro's before ho's kinda thing. :P Everyone can see even Nakaji might dig Haru, so do you blame them for asking him? You can tell when to people "are like that" with each other and HaruxNakaji is sending out oodles of such a vibe. Of course they think that's what's going on. He's never told them all he has another girl. He did now. Linda and Doctor know it too by now.

And to those who say he's too desperate, he has spent all this time being bossed around and always going along with it. In his job and life. His friends showed him the support he needs to be less of a doormat. Do you know how much courage it takes to fight so much for someone you like? Both the real fight and the mental/emotional one. He's trying to be good to his friends and a man to Haru. Sure, it's clumsy and can get a bit overbearing, but at least he's trying the only way he knows how.

Another thing that's been addressed, the Nakaji-Peach won't happen, I think. She cares about Haru too much and the way she sat down and had a talk with him looked more like a mom scolding her kid. :D

And lastly, Linda... I mean, c'mon. I don't find what he's doing heroic at all. And indeed nuts for people he just met (then again, he was about to do it for himself too, as said before). He has a rich family and should have no worries. But he's too much of a chicken to admit to being gay so he drugs himself and makes himself a slut? I mean, what's healthier and a better way to help friends? To come clean to your family who should know such an important thing about you, get some liberation by coming out AND helping your friends in a legit and sure/lasting way OR to lie to everyone, get drugged up and become a boy toy to a fugly pervert who, for all you now, might find a new boy toy next week and forget all about you and your friends? He's a coward. Sure, I get people hiding their homosexuality. It can be awkward, you don't know how people will react etc etc. But when push comes to shove, coming out can be better than a lot of things. Like ending up as a gigolo and endangering your reputation, your family's reputation and career in the future. If word got out about him, what do you think would be worse in the eyes of the people/media? That he's gay or that he's the kind of man who'd sleep around just to get higher in his work? Would anyone employ him (unless they're like his current boss) if they knew he's so flaky and could bring shame to their company? And would any person trust him if he showed interest towards them if he is in any way dependent on them? He's just dealing with this whole thing in the worst way possible.

Outside

Post by Outside » May 16th, '10, 13:44

I agree Orion1986 at least about Doc's bits. :P I like Linda's character though, and can't wait to see it unfold more.

Anyways here's episode 6 Synopsis
Thanks to Linda (Tamayama Tetsuji) Nakaji (Eita) was able to get a job at where Okuda (Watanabe Eri) is the editor of the magazine “IT”. He accepted the job and Nakaji decides to give Kiriko (Igawa Haruka) a present.

On the other hand, Haru (Ueno Juri) was physically and mentally devastated from getting attacked by Matsushima’s group but doesn’t want her mother *Shoko (Fubuki Jun) to worry so she continues to go to work. Doctor (Jaejoong) helped Haru, she was moved by his kindness and decides to date him.

One day, while Nakaji was at work he visits Peach’s (Seki Megumi) store. But right then Haru contacts Nakaji. Nakji notices that Haru seems weird and runs to where she is but….

source: fujitv
trans by: SharingYC

All those cameras in the last pic is quite scary! lol

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 16th, '10, 14:26

^ thanks for the update. the cameras sure are overwhelming...especially when they start flashing. how can their eyes stand all the light? :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 16th, '10, 14:49

According to that synopsis that Outside gave
Haru is going to date Doctor out of pity? If so, don't. Out of the whole bunch of whackos out there he's the only one that shows some normal weaknesses and true feelings.
I need to rewatch all 4 episodes (I'm not on 5th yet).

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 16th, '10, 14:52

I'm amazed that celebrities aren't actually blind from all the flashes. I mean, even if you manage to avoid one or two, there's so many of them!

That last picture is hilarious! It's like a tsunami of reporters heading straight for them! :sweat:

Tamayama looks like he's asleep with his eyes open though. :lol He has that void look I have when my eyes "get stuck" somewhere and I can't move for a while. :rofl:

Ok, I need the help of devoted fans here, cause this is driving me crazy. Dramawiki says Eita is 179. I always thought he just looked so much taller than that. Jaejoong is 180... So, either the information is wrong, or Eita was in heels when they had that fight :rofl: It's driving me nuts! How tall is he?!?! :goggle:

Outside

Post by Outside » May 16th, '10, 15:07

Jaejoong height is quite confusing. Some sites said he's 178cm, others said he's 180cm. When I saw him in person, he's definitely tall. A lot taller than I am anyways. XD But for sure Eita looks taller than 179cm!

lissamae

Post by lissamae » May 16th, '10, 15:34

Ok, I will stop creeping and put in my 2-cents. Seems a liitle spoiler sensitive for a "discussion" forum, but to play it safe:
IMO, Haru and Doctor are basically the same, both kinda naive and totally in love. But being so alike makes them a bad match in the end.

Linda: Put aside the gay-factor and his attempts to advance his career, I think the main point is that he was really traumatized by his boss, and just doesn't want anyone else to feel the same. It is too late for him, so he feels he might has well.

Nakaji: I feel like the writers efforts to give this character depth is being overlooked. He has loved Kiriko (yes, I hate her, too) for years. He can't just ignore this, but he had no friends, and has to deal with the fact that she sleeps in another mans bed. Of course he has feeling for Haru, but he knows he can't act on them. He shouldn't have tried to kiss Haru, but sorry to say it is very possible to love someone and be attracted to another person..
As much as I love doramas, and admire that writers are trying to get more "real", I think that this show is trying to address too many issues, it is is sure to dissapoint. But, of course, I am will still be eagerly awaiting each episode...

EDIT: Eita looks really tall, more than drama wiki says...I am joining the others asking

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 16th, '10, 16:01

You were lurking in the shadows, waiting to go "peekaboo!" to us. :D
lissamae wrote:
Linda: Put aside the gay-factor and his attempts to advance his career, I think the main point is that he was really traumatized by his boss, and just doesn't want anyone else to feel the same. It is too late for him, so he feels he might has well.
I don't agree. Sure, he was traumatized by his boss, but it was cause he let her traumatize him. Cause he's weak. She "threatened" to get a piece of Nakaji, but that doesn't mean Nakaji would say yes. Oh my, she asked him to her appartment and he's in danger! Because he's an innocent kid or mentally retarded and would sleep with a woman if he really didn't want to! Linda's assuming they're all as weak and as ready to do anything the easy way as he is. Which is why I don't like him. I think he has this "I'm not as worthy as them" attitude and he acts like a martyr that sacrifices himself for his friends, but I think he's just fooling himself the same way Kiriko is. She wants an easy life so she tells herself she had no choice and still doesn't. He's too scared to fess up to being gay and scared of failing, that he chooses the easy way out and convinces himself that he has no other choice and needs to do it for someones sake. I actually think he's quite pathetic as a person. I'd get a poor person that needs the job and has a family to feed. It's still not right, but if your family will really suffer and perhaps be in danger unless you do something, there's no choice. A man like Linda has it easy and it's his fear to stand up to his family and his boss and be a man (yes, you can be gay AND be a man, so it's no excuse to be pathetic) that makes him so annoying to me.

lissamae

Post by lissamae » May 16th, '10, 16:24

I don't A man like Linda has it easy and it's his fear to stand up to his family and his boss and be a man (yes, you can be gay AND be a man, so it's no excuse to be pathetic) that makes him so annoying to me.
[/quote]

Of course, I basically agree. But
Just because his parents are rich, he doesn't mean he has life easy. He is the second son, so basically he has no position, so it doesn't really mean anything. Yes, he is gay, and he needs to admit this. But I still think the character's point is to help his friends...Really eveyone besiides Haru and Nakaji are just support.

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » May 16th, '10, 16:33

Orion1986 wrote:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My thoughts exactly. I really don't like Nakaji. I mean, he chose to be friends with these guys and he's being too much of a diva there. Also, he DID mislead Haru. He kissed her in the first episode and generally spends a lot of time "being comfy" with her. Sure, people don't fall for others only cause of this, but there are those who do. You don't treat people like that when there's a chance they might misunderstand or you make it clear to them and apologize for misleading them!

Right on. :thumleft: If Nakaji was kissing another flirt like himself (eg. Peach) then it's fairgame for both. They're playing each other and will not take their actions too seriously on that first meeting. But Haru is an innocent girl who's never had a boyfriend before. In other words, she's never been kissed! So obviously, Nakaji's playful kiss is a BIG DEAL to Haru. Heck, why did Nakaji have to be so ultra attentive to Haru on that night if he wasn't the least bit interested in her? Insisting to wait for Haru outside the convenience store (after she went in awkwardly to avoid him) and even gave her a piggyback ride on his back when Haru scratched her knee. Hello Korean drama! :D All these gestures are a clear sign of a romantic connection between the two. Was Nakaji simply being his chivalrous and friendly self or pulling out all his charms because he detected Haru's fascination with him and was amused by her? Nakaji should not have been so flirty and intimate with Haru, a girl that he'd just met, when he already has a girlfriend in Kiriko. Who can blame Haru for falling for Nakaji after that eventful night? Any outsider can see that Nakaji APPEARED to be as interested in Haru, as she was in him. And if he wasn't romantically interested in Haru, he should have been clear about it TO HER from the start. Nakaji had many chances to tell Haru about Kiriko before Haru fell for him deeper. Like, he could have mentioned casually that his girlfriend likes to visit him and cook for him while Haru was looking around his shack? Or when Kiriko saw them at the cafe together and Haru asked Nakaji if Kiriko was his girlfriend, say YES she is, and we've been together for a long time instead of mumbling incoherently and avoiding her eyes?

Haru sensed that Kiriko was Nakaji's girlfriend, but he kept her hopes alive by not been forthright with Haru from the start. She didn't know how deep was the relationship between Kiriko and Nakaji until Kiriko confronted her in The Emo. That crushed the last glimmer of hope Haru had in her heart for Nakaji to like her back. Nakaji could have avoided all that hurt by being open and forthright with both Kiriko and Haru. He does the same thing to Kiriko, when she asks Nakaji about Haru, he mumbles and avoids giving her a direct answer. This guy is a selfish prick. He wants Kiriko, but likes to have Haru close to him. He wants to have his cake and eat it too. :glare:
I feel exactly the same way as you do in the bolded part. I hope the rest of this drama has more interesting happenings and developments between other characters, and not just more of everybody crushing on Nakaji. Or else they should rename the drama "Everybody Loves Nakaji". :roll :heart:

LOL!I love the melodramatic way you express yourself. :rofl: :lol But yes, I could see this all turning into another train wreck tragedy, ala Last Friends.... :whistling:
I guess one of the problems with Jdrama is that not enough time is given to build the characters relationship with each other, unlike in Kdrama where the first 5 or 6 episodes are all about discovering the main players backgrounds, personalities and seeing them getting to know each other better. So when they do fall in love latter on, it is very natural and believable. Whereas, in a jdrama like Sunao, you're left scratching your head and asking yourself how/why does Haru/Doctor like/love Nakaji/Haru soooo much? They've barely meet each other and BAM! by episode two they're in lurve. That's why I really like the drama Orange Days. It's one of the rare Jdramas where the relationship between the lead actor and actress builds gradually and organically from friends, into more than friends, into lovers. It was never forced or rushed or stagnating, unlike the characters here. There were significant little moments and incidents where you went "ahhh..." and knew they made the characters bond closer. The only memorable "moments" in Sunao so far is the one where everybody joined in to help Doctor finish his brochure, and in episode 5 when Doctor rushes to help Haru and Nakaji goes to Peach. I can see Peach being moved by Nakaji after this and falling for him.

JC

Post by JC » May 16th, '10, 16:39

Pity dating!? Hell nawwwwww...
Haru to start dating Dr. out of pity? *shrugs* Well, I guess we need some catalyst for Dr. to turn psycho and become as f**ked up as the other characters. Having his head be slammed against a whiteboard, water poured on his head by his boss at work, having his work be stolen by a colleague, massaging Dr. Kang's feet, holding a knife in his hand till it bled and getting beat up obviously wasn't enough to push him over the edge.

The pity dating should have occurred already in my opinion; not half way through the drama. Plus, given how Haru has witnessed first hand how blurry the lines between love and pity are with Nakaji and Kiriko's mess of a relationship, you'd think she'd avoid that trap herself. But nope. I guess she's as dumb as Nodame-chan and hoping to attention whore Nakaji into confessing to her. If this is the route she's going, then she needs to put yen in a jukebox, spin Rihanna's "Rude boy" at The emotion and GRIND all up on Dr. in front of Nakaji. That might work. Might...

I honestly thought Linda was going to go for Dr. after that that "Damn, I'mma scoop you!" look he gave with his iPhone in his mouth when he first walked into The emotion. Plus the whole complex thing with his Dad being a doctor and sh*t. And, Dr.'s better looking than Nakaji too. Nakaji looks like a skinny tramp with a terminal disease.

I really am going to need producers and casters to deny Eita roles unless he does something about that hair and them clothes.

kimigasukinanda

Post by kimigasukinanda » May 16th, '10, 17:25

^
Can you stop BASHING Eita? He's gorgeous, sweet, amazing baby and I love him. His hair is so sexy and disheveled and hot. Everyone in Japan is in love with him because he's slim, slender and stunning, unlike a lot of guys there. So maybe YOU don't like him, but saying he looks like a cancer patient or whatever is just plain rude, offensive and unnecessary. He's a legend in the drama business.
Anyway :whistling:
Orion1986 wrote:Ok, I need the help of devoted fans here, cause this is driving me crazy. Dramawiki says Eita is 179. I always thought he just looked so much taller than that. Jaejoong is 180... So, either the information is wrong, or Eita was in heels when they had that fight :rofl: It's driving me nuts! How tall is he?!?! :goggle:
I'm sure Eita is 179, that sounds about right for him (5'10.5"). But there's no way that JeJun is taller than him. The reason Jejun's height is listed as taller than Eita is because those stats are probably from his Korean company, SM Entertainment, and in Korea it is a very common practice to add at least 3 or 4 inches to male entertainers' height. [/quote]

ALSO:
I don't agree. Sure, he was traumatized by his boss, but it was cause he let her traumatize him. Cause he's weak. She "threatened" to get a piece of Nakaji, but that doesn't mean Nakaji would say yes. Oh my, she asked him to her appartment and he's in danger! Because he's an innocent kid or mentally retarded and would sleep with a woman if he really didn't want to! Linda's assuming they're all as weak and as ready to do anything the easy way as he is. Which is why I don't like him. I think he has this "I'm not as worthy as them" attitude and he acts like a martyr that sacrifices himself for his friends, but I think he's just fooling himself the same way Kiriko is. She wants an easy life so she tells herself she had no choice and still doesn't. He's too scared to fess up to being gay and scared of failing, that he chooses the easy way out and convinces himself that he has no other choice and needs to do it for someones sake. I actually think he's quite pathetic as a person. I'd get a poor person that needs the job and has a family to feed. It's still not right, but if your family will really suffer and perhaps be in danger unless you do something, there's no choice. A man like Linda has it easy and it's his fear to stand up to his family and his boss and be a man (yes, you can be gay AND be a man, so it's no excuse to be pathetic) that makes him so annoying to me.
Ummm.... :roll
You're being way too harsh on Linda, and I don't know why. Linda was sexually harassed by his boss, and yes, he could've spoken out or said no, but are you forgetting the part where she basically threatened to fire him and having him back working in a bookstore if he didn't comply? I don't think you fully understand Japanese culture by what you're saying. He is falling for Nakaji, so in order to get him that job, he does something so revolting and disgusting, something that makes him actually hate himself. And he sacrifices himself for Nakaji, so that Nakaji can get work and live his life without having to deal with that. I find it very impressive, honestly. He could've let Nakaji do an "interview" at her house, but what kind of friend would put his friend in that situation? That's just awful. I think you need to really rewatch and then you'll agree with me.

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 16th, '10, 17:45

kimigasukinanda wrote:^
Can you stop BASHING Eita? He's gorgeous, sweet, amazing baby and I love him. His hair is so sexy and disheveled and hot. Everyone in Japan is in love with him because he's slim, slender and stunning, unlike a lot of guys there. So maybe YOU don't like him, but saying he looks like a cancer patient or whatever is just plain rude, offensive and unnecessary. He's a legend in the drama business.
Anyway :whistling:
Orion1986 wrote:Ok, I need the help of devoted fans here, cause this is driving me crazy. Dramawiki says Eita is 179. I always thought he just looked so much taller than that. Jaejoong is 180... So, either the information is wrong, or Eita was in heels when they had that fight :rofl: It's driving me nuts! How tall is he?!?! :goggle:
I'm sure Eita is 179, that sounds about right for him (5'10.5"). But there's no way that JeJun is taller than him. The reason Jejun's height is listed as taller than Eita is because those stats are probably from his Korean company, SM Entertainment, and in Korea it is a very common practice to add at least 3 or 4 inches to male entertainers' height.
ALSO:
Ummm.... :roll
You're being way too harsh on Linda, and I don't know why. Linda was sexually harassed by his boss, and yes, he could've spoken out or said no, but are you forgetting the part where she basically threatened to fire him and having him back working in a bookstore if he didn't comply? I don't think you fully understand Japanese culture by what you're saying. He is falling for Nakaji, so in order to get him that job, he does something so revolting and disgusting, something that makes him actually hate himself. And he sacrifices himself for Nakaji, so that Nakaji can get work and live his life without having to deal with that. I find it very impressive, honestly. He could've let Nakaji do an "interview" at her house, but what kind of friend would put his friend in that situation? That's just awful. I think you need to really rewatch and then you'll agree with me.
[/quote]

I can see where you're coming from regarding his actions for his friends. In that sense, it is admirable.

In regards to the Eita's height, entertainers stats are always exaggerated to begin with. It's common practice.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 16th, '10, 17:45

kimigasukinanda wrote: I'm sure Eita is 179, that sounds about right for him (5'10.5"). But there's no way that JeJun is taller than him. The reason Jejun's height is listed as taller than Eita is because those stats are probably from his Korean company, SM Entertainment, and in Korea it is a very common practice to add at least 3 or 4 inches to male entertainers' height.
Well, that might explain Jang Keun Suk then. He does not look 182. Too bad cause I like em tall. :wub: Well, taller than me and I'm 172 damn it! :rofl:
kimigasukinanda wrote:Ummm.... :roll
You're being way too harsh on Linda, and I don't know why. Linda was sexually harassed by his boss, and yes, he could've spoken out or said no, but are you forgetting the part where she basically threatened to fire him and having him back working in a bookstore if he didn't comply? I don't think you fully understand Japanese culture by what you're saying. He is falling for Nakaji, so in order to get him that job, he does something so revolting and disgusting, something that makes him actually hate himself. And he sacrifices himself for Nakaji, so that Nakaji can get work and live his life without having to deal with that. I find it very impressive, honestly. He could've let Nakaji do an "interview" at her house, but what kind of friend would put his friend in that situation? That's just awful. I think you need to really re-watch and then you'll agree with me.

Yes. She'd fire him.. And he'd work in a bookstore. So? Is it such a bad job? Does he have a wife or kids to support? And just cause he'll say yes, does he have any kind of guarantee that she'll keep doing what he wants and won't throw him away/fire him when she's tired of him? How can you do something so morally wrong and show such disrespect to yourself, even go against your nature (sexual in this case) and not only that, but also endanger a friend you claim to care about? How can you trust such a dominating perverted slut with your future and even a friend's? Did he think of how Nakaji could potentially be ruined by her if she gets mad at Linda or stops liking him for any reason? How can you bring someone you supposedly care about into the world she's in when you know how much power she has to ruin someone? Not to mention she might "give him a taste" of success just so he'll be more accepting of her advances later on (Nakaji, that is). Is Linda plain stupid? He could just warn Nakaji, you know. "She's horny and likes young men, she'll want to see you and offer you work, but be prepared, she wants to hit on you". After that, it would be up to Nakaji to decide. If he'd want to sleep with her to advance his career, fine. Maybe Linda was just afraid his Prince Charming would be willing to do it and would lose his charm in Linda's eyes? Did you ever think of that? That Linda was afraid to find out Nakaji could be that kind of a person? It may be harsh and he IS doing all these things cause he thinks he needs to and is helping, which is why I think he's pathetic and brainless in such matters. I just can't respect such a person, like I can't respect women who sit around and get hit by their husbands and then "play" the victim and complain, but don't do a damn thing about it. And a lot of other types of people too. I just mention these two cause they're here and in Last Friends which I've remembered a lot recently. Personal opinion :D
Speaking of j and kdrama, they could really learn a lot from each other. One is TOO dramatic and emotional and the other not enough. I don't want a million plot twists and back-and-forths with the emotions etc etc, but I also want to be able to "get" why a character is loved or how/why the characters are attracted to/like each other.
Last edited by Orion1986 on May 16th, '10, 17:55, edited 3 times in total.

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 16th, '10, 17:52

lissamae wrote:Ok, I will stop creeping and put in my 2-cents. Seems a liitle spoiler sensitive for a "discussion" forum, but to play it safe:
IMO, Haru and Doctor are basically the same, both kinda naive and totally in love. But being so alike makes them a bad match in the end.

Nakaji: I feel like the writers efforts to give this character depth is being overlooked. He has loved Kiriko (yes, I hate her, too) for years. He can't just ignore this, but he had no friends, and has to deal with the fact that she sleeps in another mans bed. Of course he has feeling for Haru, but he knows he can't act on them. He shouldn't have tried to kiss Haru, but sorry to say it is very possible to love someone and be attracted to another person..
As much as I love doramas, and admire that writers are trying to get more "real", I think that this show is trying to address too many issues, it is is sure to dissapoint. But, of course, I am will still be eagerly awaiting each episode...

EDIT: Eita looks really tall, more than drama wiki says...I am joining the others asking
I don't know if issues is the right word. They do have a lot plots that involve Haru and Nakaji in some way but it's still about love and friendship. Now Last Friends had a lot of topical issues and this show doesn't nearly have as much. I do agree with a lot with what you said.

JC

Post by JC » May 16th, '10, 18:32

a) Eita is no legend. He's a great actor, but he's no legend. Save the title for another 20 years, or when he's dead.

b) I never ONCE said I didn't like Eita. I think he's a bad ass actor. Part of what attracted me to this drama was that he was in it. My issue is that he tends to look the same in many of the drama's he stars in nowadays to the point where I don't feel like he's ever actually playing a character. Only in Nodame cantabile did the hair and wardrobe department actually step in with the guy to help seperate him from 'Eita'.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 16th, '10, 18:50

I do have to agree on that. He's awesome, but the style should change a bit. And it's not like it's a generic style that could be "any guy" and therefore be fine for any role. He has a specific style that's edgy and just keeps reminding you "it's him" whenever you see him in a series. He's a great actor, very handsome, but he should be more fluid with his..well, hair. :P

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 16th, '10, 18:50

JC wrote:My issue is that he tends to look the same in many of the drama's he stars in nowadays to the point where I don't feel like he's ever actually playing a character. Only in Nodame cantabile did the hair and wardrobe department actually step in with the guy to help seperate him from 'Eita'.
LOL. :lol

Yeah, his hair (and ears) seem to be his trademark... You'd think the makeup/hair department would do something to make his hair less of a standout than the actor himself. :sweat:

kimigasukinanda

Post by kimigasukinanda » May 16th, '10, 19:21

It's fine, I understand people who just wanna bash :roll Eita is a legend and the King of Dramas, as voted by over 30 people in a recent poll that I read somewhere. TV shows BEG for him to join their cast because of his trademark sexy ears and gorgeous stunning healthy hair. Of course they're not going to play that down when that's his signature look. Obviously no one else in Japan minds his looks, since he is such a successful legend.
Orion1986 wrote:
Yes. She'd fire him.. And he'd work in a bookstore. So? Is it such a bad job? Does he have a wife or kids to support? And just cause he'll say yes, does he have any kind of guarantee that she'll keep doing what he wants and won't throw him away/fire him when she's tired of him? How can you do something so morally wrong and show such disrespect to yourself, even go against your nature (sexual in this case) and not only that, but also endanger a friend you claim to care about? How can you trust such a dominating perverted slut with your future and even a friend's? Did he think of how Nakaji could potentially be ruined by her if she gets mad at Linda or stops liking him for any reason? How can you bring someone you supposedly care about into the world she's in when you know how much power she has to ruin someone? Not to mention she might "give him a taste" of success just so he'll be more accepting of her advances later on (Nakaji, that is). Is Linda plain stupid? He could just warn Nakaji, you know. "She's horny and likes young men, she'll want to see you and offer you work, but be prepared, she wants to hit on you". After that, it would be up to Nakaji to decide. If he'd want to sleep with her to advance his career, fine. Maybe Linda was just afraid his Prince Charming would be willing to do it and would lose his charm in Linda's eyes? Did you ever think of that? That Linda was afraid to find out Nakaji could be that kind of a person? It may be harsh and he IS doing all these things cause he thinks he needs to and is helping, which is why I think he's pathetic and brainless in such matters. I just can't respect such a person, like I can't respect women who sit around and get hit by their husbands and then "play" the victim and complain, but don't do a damn thing about it. And a lot of other types of people too. I just mention these two cause they're here and in Last Friends which I've remembered a lot recently. Personal opinion :D
Uhh
So it's his fault? And it's the fault of abused women that they get beat by their husbands? Ever stop and think that in Japanese culture, speaking out and voicing complaints is not seen as a good thing, even if you're having a legitimate problem? I mean, he'd get fired, and have to work at a bookstore. He'd lose his apartment, he'd probably half 25% of the income, and who knows what else. How can you do something so morally wrong? Well, to survive, and that's what he's doing. How on earth could she "ruin" Nakaji btw? All she could do is fire him.
Maybe Linda was just afraid his Prince Charming would be willing to do it and would lose his charm in Linda's eyes
Where is the logic in this? *facepalm* Seriously, this makes no sense. He was doing Nakaji a huge favor: he got him a job, and even protected Nakaji from the sexual harassment by taking it on himself.

But seriously, your comment about not respecting abused women who don't speak out is ridiculous and I can't even comment on it. These women, especially in Japan, won't be believed and they won't get anything from a divorce settlement, and oftentimes men would literally kill their wives if they told. Honestly, this moral high-horse that you're on is clouding your judgment.

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 16th, '10, 20:17

kimigasukinanda wrote:TV shows BEG for him to join their cast because of his trademark sexy ears and gorgeous stunning healthy hair.
i never thought that there are such things as sexy ears, but if there are such things, they would definitely be eita's :lol
both juri and eita have really annoying hairstyles in this drama :unsure: but they are the top two actors in japan, so who cares :thumright:
and, yes, eita does have stunning healthy hair :D
he's one of the boys along with miura haruma, tsumabuki satoshi, and oguri shun who are in the CM for shiseido hair gel :thumleft:

JC

Post by JC » May 16th, '10, 21:06

[quote]Yeah, his hair (and ears) seem to be his trademark... You'd think the makeup/hair department would do something to make his hair less of a standout than the actor himself.[/quote]

It didn't stop the folk in Nodame cantabile's wardrobe department dying it blonde and styling it.

[quote]He is such a successful legend.[/quote]

You use the term 'legend' loosely. And so do the people who voted in that poll. Eita is a great actor, but he is no 'legend'.

:glare:

Anyway...

I hope this drama picks up. Because I feel like it's taken a bit too long to reach the point the story is at now.

[spoiler]I have this feeling a character (other than Nakaji's father) is going to die. But I have no idea who.[/spoiler]
[/quote]

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 16th, '10, 21:22

About Eita, he's a great actor, very hot too, but the hair, although healthy and awesome, does spoil the illusion just a bit. Niiice hair though. You could grab it and go for the door, it would probably break your arm off! And I guess it is his trademark along with the ears, so it's natural he would't want to change it. They could at least comb it differently for his roles. Just to make him a taaad different every time.
kimigasukinanda wrote: But seriously, your comment about not respecting abused women who don't speak out is ridiculous and I can't even comment on it. These women, especially in Japan, won't be believed and they won't get anything from a divorce settlement, and oftentimes men would literally kill their wives if they told. Honestly, this moral high-horse that you're on is clouding your judgment.
I respect people's different opinions, but I would urge you not to insult my morals and judgment which I'm very proud of. If you don't want me to pay you the same courtesy, that is. I am aware that women in such countries don't have it easy and I was not referring to such cases. I never spoke about japan specifically. I am referring to women who could do something about it, but don't. Because they think hitting is a form of love, or that "maybe it will stop". Sure, the way they were brought up doesn't help I guess, but at a certain point, you're an adult and responsible for knowing that getting hit is unacceptable. If you hate it and you can stop it, I consider it a weakness not to. Some women also take it because they are afraid of being alone, even though they could have justice. These categories of battered women, I don't respect. Not someone who can't act without ruining and/or endangering themselves.

As for what Linda did
I just don't see it like you do. This woman is a very strong presence in the magazine industry. She could potentially use her contacts and make sure Nakaji couldn't get any proper jobs. She could, as a former employer, make sure he got very bad reputation too.

And don't forget, the reason Nakaji was "in danger" (he's a grown man for goodness' sake) was because Linda brought him to work with this woman. You don't bring a sheep in the mouth of a wolf and then go "Oh my.. He's in danger. I'll protect him". It's not like Nakaji was living in the streets, eating off the garbage. He'd be fine without Linda. When Linda clearly sees she's a tough customer and he himself is in danger of being fired at any moment he gets on her bad side, it's irrational to me why he'd lead a person he cares about right to her, when she's this "dangerous". Sure, it might have taken Nakaji more time to get a break, but at least he'd be safe from getting ruined with bad reputation and professional sabotage. It's veeery easy to get bad rep in the entertainment world, enough that you can't get any proper jobs.. Did Linda ask Nakaji if he's willing to work for such a woman to get an easy and fancy job, despite the risks? No. He knew there were dangers to the job and didn't warn Nakaji about them so that he can make his own choice. And what he's doing with the boss won't protect Nakaji from these things forever. One bad move and they're both royally boned.
Now, you can disagree with my opinions, but please don't comment on my character again. It's unacceptable by any morals, not just my high-horse ones.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 16th, '10, 22:23

Don't comment on Orion or I will beat you up until there are only cells on the floor!! :D

You know, I was afraid to say this, but maybe this drama is overrated? I mean, it was so hyped up. Screenwriters put every dirt they could imagine, they condensed the problems of every kind (emotional, moral, family etc), but it drags the story down. I will finish it, but somehow...

Concrning Nakaji: I wrote it some time ago after first episode that he's manipulative type, and it turned out true. I don't like the character. I don't like the way he sees things around himself. Yes, things, because he sees people as things. I don't know if he can feel something for Haru, and not use her as just "antidote" for Kiriko.

It's too early for me to judge Linda, I don't get his character quite clearly. And I say it again, there is something dangerous about Doctor.

Concerning Eita: he can't be more than 178. And his hair? While watching "Dear Doctor" I had the impression that his hair was dried up with some electric blowing, not with the air. Let him make it permed.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 16th, '10, 22:29

Thanks for the sweetness :wub:

Well, it does probably need some reverse combing to make it puffy like that. But the fact that his hair can take it continuously shows he's got some strong hair on his noggin. His hot noggin. :wub:

And with Eita's hair on, I mean in, my head, I go for beddy bed.

nnnc

Post by nnnc » May 17th, '10, 00:25

kimigasukinanda wrote:It's fine, I understand people who just wanna bash :roll Eita is a legend and the King of Dramas, as voted by over 30 people in a recent poll that I read somewhere.
This is the first time I ever heard Eita is called the King of Dramas. I thought the title belongs to Kimura Takuya because of his ability to attract extremely high rating (am not talking about his acting here, save that for Tsuki no Koibito thread). I like Eita, he is a great actor. He is one major reason I watch Sunao ni Narenakute. But calling him a legend and even the King of Dramas just because of 30 votes in a poll makes my eyes rolled.

lissamae

Post by lissamae » May 17th, '10, 00:51

I am sure that Eita would never imagine that people around the world are having such a lengthy conversation about his hair....but personally I think that it looks like it might have been bleached and dyed a bit too much. No critisism, just a shame cause I watched "unfair" last week and his hair at that time just increased his hot factor like a billion times in my eyes :wub: (I liked the blond in Nodame as well)

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 17th, '10, 01:11

The Eita's hair topic is pretty stupid. :roll

I don't know about the King of dramas but the dramas he was a part of have been some of the most popular in the past. I do enjoy those performances. No doubt that's he's in demand of young Japanese actors working right now.

IMO, Takuya Kimura still holds that title in regards of drawing viewers and advertisers.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 17th, '10, 01:41

JC wrote:[quote]Yeah, his hair (and ears) seem to be his trademark... You'd think the makeup/hair department would do something to make his hair less of a standout than the actor himself.
It didn't stop the folk in Nodame cantabile's wardrobe department dying it blonde and styling it.[/quote]
He had to in order to become Mine, else they'd choose someone else... Like Katori Shingo. :P
He is such a successful legend.
You use the term 'legend' loosely. And so do the people who voted in that poll. Eita is a great actor, but he is no 'legend'.
+1.

Eita's a very good actor... Maybe even underrated in some respects, but a Legend ???

Come on. :blink

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 17th, '10, 02:44

^ agreed. He's a great actor but not a legend. At least, not yet.

GOZES

Post by GOZES » May 17th, '10, 03:13

i think that he's proformas now and in the future will determent he's "legend" status

kimigasukinanda

Post by kimigasukinanda » May 17th, '10, 05:53

I understand why a lot of you guys don't realize what a legend Eita is... I live in Japan throughout much of the year (I'm often flying first-class back and forth between America and Japna as a successful multimillion dollar businesswoman) so I actually know about the average Japanese opinion. And ask anyone on the street, and they will tell you that he is an acting legend and has often been deemed the King of Dramas. Like I said, I've read numerous (over 2) polls saying that he is a living legend. But I guess only someone who actually lives in Japan like me would know about that.
Orion1986 wrote:Now, you can disagree with my opinions, but please don't comment on my character again. It's unacceptable by any morals, not just my high-horse ones.
I'm not saying you have poor morals, just that I really don't see how anyone couldn't feel sympathy for abused women and even put the blame on them for being victims of domestic abuse. But hey, if it's your opinion that all women who are physically abused by their husbands deserve it, then that's your opinion and we can agree to disagree. 8)

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » May 17th, '10, 05:59

After a day or so of not visiting, the discussion has certainly heated up some -- and not always in a good way. Please, no personal attacks on the forum, if you don't mind. Though a discussion necessarily involves your own opinions, it is possible to put across your own opinions without putting down another person -- and some of the replies to the thread are seriously downright rude. :O Guys -- could we all just calm down before we make any replies? We're all experts in communicating online -- and I'm sure you know what kind of phrases could easily be taken the wrong way, or that are more antagonistic than others.

The comments and judgments on the characters have also gotten very harsh. Of course, the drama's not going in the direction many of us hope, and the way things are progressing has also made some of us impatient with the characters and their apparent lack of sense. But shall we give the scriptwriter the benefit of the doubt for now? Probably the seeming lack of direction is making us antsy, but the small side stories may make sense in the bigger picture of the drama, as it goes on.

I rewatched a couple of the first few episodes to get a sense of the story again -- breaking it up week by week made me lose a sense of the pacing. I liked the pacing of the first two episodes -- light-hearted and quick with parts of seriousness, but the next two episode started dragging out the process a little. Also, there were always parts in the drama I wasn't really emotionally invested in -- the side story about Nakaji's dad and Haru's mom, for instance, even though it's likely to come out as an important plot point in the later part of the drama.

However, the running scenes in Episode 5 (I love the way Eita is always running -- also, did he run past the Last Friends underpass where he got beaten up?! :D) made it more reminiscent of the pacing of the first episode, also the way Haru's plot seems to be moving on a bit more. I've hopes for the way the story is going to progress. I'm also keen to see what other acting tricks Juri's going to pull -- so far, it seems that she's been getting a handle on Haru's character, but hasn't had the chance to break out in it yet.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 17th, '10, 06:44

kimigasukinanda wrote:But hey, if it's your opinion that all women who are physically abused by their husbands deserve it, then that's your opinion and we can agree to disagree. 8)
Read my post carefully first, then answer. Never said "all women". The ones that can act, but don't on stupid reasons (not legitimate ones like the ones you mentioned), I just don't respect. Let's agree to disagree on some...degree (lots of "grees" there) as we're not the only ones here and we're disrespecting the others.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 17th, '10, 06:51

^ I think we're all just being judgmental here becoz we have high hopes for the drama. same thing happens with LF imo. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt till the end of the ep though. I'm sure Eita and Juri won't pick a drama if they're not drawn towards the story. At least I have confidence in Juri's choice. :D

canavial

Post by canavial » May 17th, '10, 07:36

Using one's personal status to validate an opinion is just... :whistling:

lissamae

Post by lissamae » May 17th, '10, 13:10

@kimigasukinanda
I have no interest in fighting, but the size of your company or flying first class is not really relevant to anything. There is no need to attack others knowledge based on the limited information you have of them from the internet. Spending time in a country does not make you an expert, and not living in a country does not make you ignorant.

No one is attacking you, the word legend is just really strong. I am sure most people here are quite fond of Eita, but they just question the word you use.

But I DO live in Japan, and fulltime, so I guess I should ok to state my opinion in your eyes. I am curious to find out the answer to this "debate" so I decided to just do my own survey.

The results are not important. It is only the popularity of a actor. Nothing worth insulting others or getting upset about.
Lets leave 'drama' to the actors, and get back to the important stuff. You know, important like "who will end up with who?" important stuff. :lol

Outside

Post by Outside » May 17th, '10, 13:18

GOESS's sub for episode 5 is out!
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_84306.htm

JC

Post by JC » May 17th, '10, 13:33

I really am not in love with this drama. I cannot help but feel like such a good cast is being wasted. But I will stick with it to see how it all ends. I can't help but wonder about Linda, who seems to have gotten himself into a right pickle...
I can't imagine him ever confessing to Nakaji. It's going to take something major (a moment of weakness, or Nakaji whippin' it out) for him to pluck up the courage. Although he seems content for now with fingering Nakaji's photos and sniffing his jacket.

I'm on stand by for the cop out excuse regarding Linda. I will be SHOCKED if he is made gay. We all know he's gay, but we know how it goes down in J-drama's. Just look at Last friends. My eyes ROLLED when the lid lifted on why Takeru (Eita's character) wasn't keen on women, and they snuck in his feelings for Ruka (Juri's character). Dare yori mo mama wo aisu did a nice job with Akira (Tetsuji's gay character) though. I found it refreshing. He even told another guy he loved him. None of that "Suki desu" crap neither. But full blown "Aishitemasu"!

I can see it all ending with Linda reclaiming himself by telling the editor b**ch "No mo' sex!" Getting fired. Going back to sales or some other job. And there being some 'into the sunset end' with Peach. I thought he'd end up being a Father to Peach's baby - but I've read that she miscarries...

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 17th, '10, 13:44

avieamber wrote:At least I have confidence in Juri's choice. :D
+1. :mrgreen:

Though she did choose Jodan ja Nai!... :P

:lol

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » May 17th, '10, 16:16

bmwracer wrote:

Yessss... why?! I haven't managed to bring myself to watch that yet ;) I'm also a bit wary of the movie she acted in with the bride killing her groom by accident.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 17th, '10, 16:43

stolenxkisses wrote:
bmwracer wrote:

Yessss... why?! I haven't managed to bring myself to watch that yet ;) I'm also a bit wary of the movie she acted in with the bride killing her groom by accident.
:lol she does tend to pick these awkward movies, doesn't she? But Sunao is getting better for me, actually...compared to the last few eps. At least we have several course of changes goin on with the characters.

I hope it doesn't end with everybody still being friends like LF though. I mean...after all the trouble they go through? I wanna see some pairings, especially "you know who" but idk I just have a feeling it's gonna end up with no pairings and everybody being happy the way they are (after they resolve their problems of coz).

I can't wait for ep6! I'm so curious of the last scene!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 17th, '10, 17:01

stolenxkisses wrote:
bmwracer wrote:

That would be Killer Virgin Road... BTW, she doesn't kill her groom in that movie... :P

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 17th, '10, 17:27

bmwracer wrote:

I thought she was very cute in that.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 17th, '10, 18:53

condorjoe wrote:
bmwracer wrote:

I thought she was very cute in that.
She was... But she wasn't given much to do other than pout while Oda Yuji mugged throughout the drama... :pale:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 17th, '10, 23:45

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before... has it?

I noticed main characters similarity with Asunaro Hakusho (Ordinary People)'s main characters, the 1993 drama. Kinda like a rip-off, actually.
Nakaji = Kakei (Tsutsui Michitaka)
Kakei also had a biatch girlfriend who abused the heroine, Narumi.

Haru = Narumi (Ishida Hikari)
Similar characteristic and even hair-style XD And as far as I remember Kakei treated her badly, as well.

Linda = Matsuoka (Nishijima Hidetoshi)
Gay and Linda's holding Nakaji's jacket scene was exactly like how Matsuoka was holding Kakei's blanket. yeah, Matsuoka falls in love with Kakei too in Asunaro.

Peach = Seika (Suzuki Anju)
She's like the big sister in the group. And yes, she got pregnant too. (but with Matsuoka's child and Seika loves Matsuoka).

Doctor = Toride (Kimura Takuya)
Toride loves Narumi and it was a love triangle with Kakei. Narumi reluctantly dates Toride like she has no other choice.

Well... if SuNare meant to be a remake of Asunaro Hakusho. Then I guess Nakaji and Haru will end up together a few years later after Peach's baby has grown up and Linda is dead :mrgreen:
Of course Asunaro's writer is Kitagawa Eriko (adapted from a manga, though). Just find it really too bad, she's just repeating one of her work. I wish she could write more fresh story idea.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 18th, '10, 01:02

^ Wow, 1993?

That was before I really started watching J-dramas consistently...

Hmm, maybe it's not too surprising to see a storyline recycled 17 years later... Most viewers were probably kids at the time, if not even born yet... :sweat:

Chuks

Post by Chuks » May 18th, '10, 01:12

yanie wrote:I'm sorry if this has been discussed before... has it?
I noticed main characters similarity with Asunaro Hakusho (Ordinary People)'s main characters, the 1993 drama. Kinda like a rip-off, actually.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.
I used to love that show, and it was more relatable since it happened on campus.
This show is still enjoyable, and I'm following it every week.
(I didn't know Kickawa Koji can be so attractive! :p)
Just, it's true that it does look like recycling her old drama.
(I read some people saying they can't bring themselves watching the drama
since it's too similar to Asunaro)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 18th, '10, 04:34

bmwracer wrote:Hmm, maybe it's not too surprising to see a storyline recycled 17 years later... Most viewers were probably kids at the time, if not even born yet... :sweat:
Its true I was only 10 years old when Asunaro aired on my country's local TV. But that's exactly why it left me such a deep impression and stayed on my memory forever. Not to mention Asunaro is one of the legendary 90s Jdrama along with Tokyo Love Story. So I don't think its a wise choice to recycle it.

But anyway lets just hope it'll have a different ending. Though I'm not interested anymore in this drama now, except that I'd like to know the ending^^

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 18th, '10, 04:36

yanie wrote:Though I'm not interested anymore in this drama now
Awww. :pale: