[Discussion] Sunao ni Narenakute (Ueno Juri, Eita)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 21st, '10, 16:05

Well, the glomp was nice. :D

But like I said, I can't compare the plot. I'm talking about the physical contact purely. That was a close, tight and looong hug so anything less just seems like it's not cuddly enough. :P

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 21st, '10, 16:33

Orion1986 wrote:I'm talking about the physical contact purely. That was a close, tight and looong hug so anything less just seems like it's not cuddly enough. :P
Ah, so you're just talking about contact and duration... LOL. :lol

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 21st, '10, 16:47

Yep. Lol.
This was from the side and from the back, more of a neck or head hug. A proper bear hug is like the one in Last Friends. :P

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 21st, '10, 17:10

Outside wrote:Episode 7 Synopsis
Nakaji, is shocked because Kiriko told him to break up, and didn't even show any interest when Linda brought news that he could work as an assistant for a famous camera man.

On the other hand, Haru is confused by Doctor's sudden exaggerative actions. In reality, Doctor had found out from his sister Minha about seeing Nakaji and Haru together. To prove it he had photo proof too.

Right then, Haru's school's principal acknowledges that she didn't take a break even after the attack from Matsushima and his group, and tells her that he knows about someone who's looking for a full-time teacher at a private high school, and recommends her to take a test for it.

On another day, Linda calls up everyone, and celebrates with the Sunanare group on Nakaji's success with his new column. Because of studying for the exam, Haru leaves the shop first. Then Doctor tells a lie to Nakaji, Linda and Peach who were left at the shop, saying that he has a "adult relationship" with Haru...

Source: [Sunao ni Narenakute HP]
Translation Credits: tvxq_luv@tohosomnia.net
Shared by: tohosomnia.net
Wow, so someone is right. They are slowly turning Doc's character into this crazy jealousy boyfriend. I hope it's not turning into 'Last friends'. I'll so give up on it if they make Doc abuse Haru, and force her into any sexual acts. Jaejoong, are you sure you want to start out your acting career with this?!

Whatever the case is, I hope this is the original concept and not because they are desperately seeking for more rating!
I think it's true to Doctor's character
Doctor tends to go overboard sometimes. His insecurities just are getting the better of him. He knows that he wasn't Haru's first choice and that she still has feelings for Nakaji. It would be a total 360 if they did turn him into a stalker. But he's not doing himself any favors if he's lying to their friends about having sex with Haru. I don't get him saying that without Haru finding out. Dumb move, my friend.

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » May 21st, '10, 17:36

I'm not reading the spoilers for episode 7...so, fa la la la la.... :whistling:
bmwracer wrote: Seeing how things are progressing, could it be that
Doctor is the one behind the door with the blood flowing out from under it?

As I mentioned a while back, his dedication to Haru could be turning into a full-blown crazed obsession.... :sweat:
Yeah, that is one possible scenario, given that....
Doctor is going to get his heart smashed into pieces by Haru. :| Killing himself would be a surefire way to pin the guilt on Haru and Nakaji forever and ensure that they never get together. I won't blame Doctor for thinking that Haru was playing him for a fool and cheating on him with Nakaji. But I don't see how he could leave his sister behind by committing suicide. That's just a selfish and vindictive move and I won't like it if they make Doctor into such an obsessive loser. He'd be irredeemable. I don't really think Doctor is the villain of the story quite like Sousuke was in Last Friends. At least, I hope not. Or else it'll really turn me off this drama....
That said, nothing compares to the Chiaki-Nodame glomp in Episode 11 of Nodame Cantabile... It's so wonderfully joyous and heartwarming... I smile just thinking about it. :mrgreen:
That sunset glomp attack of Chiaki on Nodame was SO perfect. Every time I see that scene, it makes me feel giddy and happy for them all over again. :wub:

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 21st, '10, 18:02

hanapyupyu wrote:I'm not reading the spoilers for episode 7...so, fa la la la la.... :whistling:
bmwracer wrote: Seeing how things are progressing, could it be that
Doctor is the one behind the door with the blood flowing out from under it?

As I mentioned a while back, his dedication to Haru could be turning into a full-blown crazed obsession.... :sweat:
Yeah, that is one possible scenario, given that....
Doctor is going to get his heart smashed into pieces by Haru. :| Killing himself would be a surefire way to pin the guilt on Haru and Nakaji forever and ensure that they never get together. I won't blame Doctor for thinking that Haru was playing him for a fool and cheating on him with Nakaji. But I don't see how he could leave his sister behind by committing suicide. That's just a selfish and vindictive move and I won't like it if they make Doctor into such an obsessive loser. He'd be irredeemable. I don't really think Doctor is the villain of the story quite like Sousuke was in Last Friends. At least, I hope not. Or else it'll really turn me off this drama....
wow, i really hope that won't happen :pale:
there is a possibility that the death is not due to suicide but murder :-(
the worst case scenario that can happen is that doctor gets crazy and outraged after haru dumps him and murders haru :cry:
the narration when nakaji is knocking on the door says something like, "we didn't know what love is at that point."
so i think the person behind the door is one of the three: haru, doctor, or kiriko.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 21st, '10, 18:43

condorjoe wrote:
Doctor tends to go overboard sometimes. His insecurities just are getting the better of him. He knows that he wasn't Haru's first choice and that she still has feelings for Nakaji. It would be a total 360 if they did turn him into a stalker. But he's not doing himself any favors if he's lying to their friends about having sex with Haru. I don't get him saying that without Haru finding out. Dumb move, my friend.
Yeah, really dumb... But it's sort of in keeping with his character of presenting a bogus image to impress people...

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 21st, '10, 19:11

bmwracer wrote:
condorjoe wrote:
Yeah, really dumb... But it's sort of in keeping with his character of presenting a bogus image to impress people...
But you can say that about all the main characters in the beginning. I really am interested to find out his reasons for this heinous lie in the next episode cuz it's the sort of lie that could be a dealbreaker with Haru.
Last edited by condorjoe on May 21st, '10, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 21st, '10, 19:40

condorjoe wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
condorjoe wrote:
But you can say that about all the main characters in the beginning.
True... But since they've become rather good friends, you'd think they would have removed those facades...
I really am interested to find out his reasons for this heinous lie in the next episode cuz it's the sort of lie that could ruin his relationship with Haru.
Like you said, maybe it's his insecurity... But perpetuating a lie like that is a relationship breaker. :sweat:

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 21st, '10, 19:59

Exactly. At this point, there shouldn't be a need for those kind of facades.

If I had to speculate...
Again this is a theory. Doctor's sister telling him what she saw won't help matters. Perhaps the group finds out that Nakaji was dumped by Kiriko. This would only fuel Doctor's insecurities even more knowing how close Haru and Nakaji are. As a result, he again overcompensates to prove himself to Haru. It doesn't help that Haru continues to turn to Nakaji when she's troubled. I'm sure Doctor wishes he was the one that Haru turns to.

Why would he lie about sleeping with Haru though?I sort of get why he would in front of Nakaji. It just doesn't make sense especially in front of Peach. Can't wait until next week.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 21st, '10, 20:12

condorjoe wrote:Exactly. At this point, there shouldn't be a need for those kind of facades.

If I had to speculate...
Again this is a theory. Doctor's sister telling him what she saw won't help matters. Perhaps the group finds out that Nakaji was dumped by Kiriko. This would only fuel Doctor's insecurities even more knowing how close Haru and Nakaji are. As a result, he again overcompensates to prove himself to Haru. It doesn't help that Haru continues to turn to Nakaji when she's troubled. I'm sure Doctor wishes he was the one that Haru turns to.

Why would he lie about sleeping with Haru though?I sort of get why he would in front of Nakaji. It just doesn't make sense especially in front of Peach. Can't wait until next week.
Interesting.
Doctor seems to be overly spontaneous to the point of recklessness... I don't think he thinks through his actions, looking for momentary satisfaction and forgoing the long-term ramifications.

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 21st, '10, 20:18

bmwracer wrote:
condorjoe wrote:Exactly. At this point, there shouldn't be a need for those kind of facades.

If I had to speculate...

Interesting.
Doctor seems to be overly spontaneous to the point of recklessness... I don't think he thinks through his actions, looking for momentary satisfaction and forgoing the long-term ramifications.
Yes. He is impulsive. Hence the whole knife thing would be a perfect example.
When Haru finds out, Doctor will have a pretty deep hole to dig himself out.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 21st, '10, 20:49

Well
Haru is also spending quality time with Nakaji, which is a no no. If you've told a guy you're gonna be his girlfriend, you don't keep hanging out with the guy you used to (as far as Doctor knows) like, just the two of you.

Sure, if he says they had sex, it's gonna be a pretty stupid move, but Haru hasn't been straight with him either. She's going out with him out of pity and not letting go of the guy she likes. I'm sure Doctor knows deep down inside, that she's not really 100% into him, but when a grown and supposedly responsible person you like and trust tells you they will date you and like you, you can't help but believe them.

He's been good to her, even risked his life to save her and what he's getting in return is pity dating and lies. I'd say, even if he does it out of malice, it's well deserved at this point. I do think Doctor is a good guy though. I think he might do it to get Nakaji jealous and going. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to fight when he knows it's no use. Which is why he asked Nakaji over and over again to make sure he has no such intentions for Haru. If Nakaji had said different, Doctor would have backed off, especially when he knows Haru likes Nakaji. He wants Haru to be happy and if he sees Nakaji can do that, he'll step aside.

As for Kiriko, I really do think it was weird how she was so cold to him, but then cried outside. And no WAY is a rich and proud guy like her husband the type to be understanding and go "Aw, shucks hon, of course I forgive you". You don't have detectives following your wife around when you care about her. You do it yourself or/and ask her straight up and tell her you'll forgive her. I mean, he's an older man and a businessman. Those two alone earn him the "Most likely to be a royal bastard" ribbon, but he's also japanese. Now, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I get the idea women aren't really appreciated that much in japan. I mean, traditionalists seems to think a woman should either be a housewife and serve her husband's every wish or be kawaii and beautiful just to get their blood going South. It's a very male dominated society. So, you're telling me an older japanese businessman will be understanding and forgiving? No way on God's green earth... To him, she's just a slut that betrayed his trust and used him for his money, like she did. He's not going to be forgiving. By cheating, she hurt his pride as a man and overstepped her boundaries as a wife/slave so he's gonna be dominating and harsh with her to get back the power she took away from him, I think. If he threatened her to leave her boy toy and be a perfect Stepford Wife so as to not hurt Nakaji, he'd gain control over her. He'd be a bastard, of course, but making her "throw away" her cheating self and the guy he knows she loves more than him, would be his way of taming her.

Which is why I think that the blood we see in the first ep, is Kiriko.

If they do make him out to be a good and forgiving husband, I'd be surprised. Or disappointed, rather that they are in denial of facing their problems as a society. Older rich guy with younger hot girl.. C'mon, it's no mystery why they both "liked" each other. You won't find any love there. Not in any place in the world and especially not in Japan.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 21st, '10, 21:34

condorjoe wrote:
bmwracer wrote:

If I had to speculate...

Interesting.
Yes. He is impulsive. Hence the whole knife thing would be a perfect example.
When Haru finds out, Doctor will have a pretty deep hole to dig himself out.
Grand Canyon. :lol

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 21st, '10, 23:44

Orion1986 wrote:
Now, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I get the idea women aren't really appreciated that much in japan. I mean, traditionalists seems to think a woman should either be a housewife and serve her husband's every wish or be kawaii and beautiful just to get their blood going South. It's a very male dominated society. So, you're telling me an older japanese businessman will be understanding and forgiving? No way on God's green earth... To him, she's just a slut that betrayed his trust and used him for his money, like she did. He's not going to be forgiving. By cheating, she hurt his pride as a man and overstepped her boundaries as a wife/slave so he's gonna be dominating and harsh with her to get back the power she took away from him, I think. If he threatened her to leave her boy toy and be a perfect Stepford Wife so as to not hurt Nakaji, he'd gain control over her. He'd be a bastard, of course, but making her "throw away" her cheating self and the guy he knows she loves more than him, would be his way of taming her.
i agree with you that japan is a male dominated society, but you're going too far when you say that wives are treated like slaves.
nowadays, many women who are married with or without children have their own careers and are not just housewives or stay-at-home moms, so women are gaining more independence and power in japan.
most japanese married couples i personally know having nothing like master/slave relationships.
i doubt that kiriko and her husband have that kind of relationship either.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 21st, '10, 23:54

miznagase wrote: i agree with you that japan is a male dominated society, but you're going too far when you say that wives are treated like slaves.
nowadays, many women who are married with or without children have their own careers and are not just housewives or stay-at-home moms, so women are gaining more independence and power in japan.
most japanese married couples i personally know having nothing like master/slave relationships.
i doubt that kiriko and her husband have that kind of relationship either.
Again, I wasn't talking about everyone. In every country, there are good and bad. Nothing is absolute. I was talking about how usually such rich successful and old-fashioned men (in any society) don't think much of women. And because it's a male dominated society, I think there are more of such cases there than there are in Finland, let's say. I feel it's much more realistic if he turns out to be such a guy. Also, the wife/slave I mentioned, was for him, assuming he's this kind of a sexist man. I don't think the japanese see their women as slaves. They might admire the "good housewife" role-model, but that doesn't make them sexist. Rich and successful, powerfull men who are used to getting their way though (like her husband), yes, I don't think they would appreciate their young eye candy wives much. And the fact that he is japanese and admires the proper lady role-model even more than people of other nationalities, would make it even more of a shame to him, that's what I was saying. Sorry if it came out wrong. :notworthy:

lissamae

Post by lissamae » May 22nd, '10, 01:49

@orion1986 and miznagase

Of course there are many kinds of marriages in Japan, but I think there is still many households that the wife is mainly the keeper of the house. In this kind of relationship, the marriage is not about love. Wifes take care and support their man, raise his children, support him so he can work hard on his job. Also, divorce is still very, very taboo.

Again, not all marriages, but this style does exist and
In this case, Kiriko's marriage is VERY much this kind. She married a man arranged by her family, in order to save her family buisness. She is just a status symbol for her husband, so she has her Keisuke for love (and passion) But now that her affair has been discovered, she has no choice but to give up on having her love. She is in her 30's, so she has to worry about her position in society. And, of course, her husband could destroy her family if they break up, as well as destroy Keisuke.

JUYI

Post by JUYI » May 22nd, '10, 04:48

well, the forum has been pretty much 'alive' these days huh.... yeah I'm also thinking in that direction now that some of u (sorry the thread gets so long i forgot who!) mentioned that kiriko
left nakaji bcos maybe nakaji's life will be threatened if she still goes out with him. Her husband seems like a no-pushover and that kiriko doesn't seem to be that kind who breaks of with nakaji that easy cos i think she loves him~ but of cos...it could purely be the reason that she simply cant leave her husband~
Orion1986 wrote:
Haru is also spending quality time with Nakaji, which is a no no. If you've told a guy you're gonna be his girlfriend, you don't keep hanging out with the guy you used to (as far as Doctor knows) like, just the two of you.

Sure, if he says they had sex, it's gonna be a pretty stupid move, but Haru hasn't been straight with him either. She's going out with him out of pity and not letting go of the guy she likes. I'm sure Doctor knows deep down inside, that she's not really 100% into him, but when a grown and supposedly responsible person you like and trust tells you they will date you and like you, you can't help but believe them.
well this episode has been kinda comfortable for me. The pace of the whole episode seems to be bringing out how heavy haru's heart weighs... I was pretty surprised
when haru did not steal a glance at nakaji when doctor announced that they are dating... I was expecting Haru to check out nakaji's reaction towards the romance between doctor and herself but she did not... at this juncture, I am convinced that Haru has truly taken a step back to being just friends or soulmates with Nakaji, which she had previously expressed to peach.
I believed that Haru did not date doctor out of pity...
she was truly moved by him and decided to give themselves a chance no doubt. And about her still seeing Nakaji after she decided to go out with Doctor, well... Firstly they have just started and way before that, she and Nakaji have been soulmates for a longer time. And Haru's that honest, for she believed that nakaji is not interested in her and recognized and accepted that she and Nakaji are nothing more than friends (AT LEAST FOR NOW haha) That's why she could question Nakaji when he is keeping a distance from her.

About her calling Nakaji, same thing... he has always been her soulmate and I guess it would always be more assuring to narrate troubles to someone closer and whom u feel more comfortable with. At the point of time, doc and haru just dated for a day or 2, how close can they get and dun forget they started off awkwardly but dun mean that haru is just patronizing him. Haru doesn't see it as a no-no to be still hanging out with nakaji as a friend and she can talk to him about kiriko without awkwardness now. it has always been nakaji who is checking the distance and worrying about doctor finding out about their zoo trip. It just their character...Also Haru has stopped looking at Nakaji fondly already.

And haru did relate her student incident to doctor before nakaji, din't she? It's just the reaction from doctor who refrained Haru from discussing further. I mean at the current state of Haru's mind, its not just her student but also her own brother... she needs some assurance and support instead... Doctor's not at fault either. He's worried that the student may harm her if she continues to poke her nose into the matter.. but he forgot that she's a teacher who cares......
eh and that blood... could it be
that punk student's? haha although I hope the punk kid incident will just end off here but if not will it be? since ppl said nakaji's holding his phone in the bathroom (someone did mention before its the bathroom of Emotion?) and that in the earlier episode, that punk kid said that Haru is playing with Twitter and then no line was developed from there onwards...the relation between twitter, haru and punk student....
anyway are we still reminded that we are watching a 'twitter-inspired' drama?

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 22nd, '10, 05:49

I wouldn't say out of pity. Maybe out of gratitude. The point is Haru may be dating Doctor for the wrong reasons which could only lead to heartbreak. Let's not forget that Haru is trying to respect the boundaries with Nakaji especially regarding Kiriko. She doesn't want to lose him so she's trying to be supportive as best as she can. With Doctor, she just doesn't have that rapport like she has with Nakaji.
Well, I guess you could say the zoo trip was a date, albeit an innocent one. He's not denying they got together that day but may be going to the zoo was pushing it. I think Nakaji acknowledges this and is aware of the repercussions. Also, Haru seems to feel better when she's around Nakaji and he was the first person she called when she was at the riverside. So that counts for something.

Then again, it should make good drama when Doctor finds out about the "date" and what his reaction towards Haru and Nakaji will be. We have some hints but I'm looking forward it seeing unfold.
Last edited by condorjoe on May 22nd, '10, 06:27, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 22nd, '10, 06:10

condorjoe wrote:I wouldn't say out of pity. Maybe out of gratitude.
Absolutely... And as a result, she's in an awkward position.
The point is Haru may be dating Doctor for the wrong reasons which could only lead to heartbreak. Let's not forget that Haru is trying to respect the boundaries with Nakaji especially when comes to Kiriko. She doesn't want to lose him out her life so she's trying to be supportive as best as she can. With Doctor, she just doesn't have that rapport like she has with Nakaji.
Yup.

Haru pretty much has to force herself to be with Doctor, whereas she's totally comfortable and at ease with Nakaji...

aline333

Post by aline333 » May 22nd, '10, 07:00

hmm..regarding synopsis for ep.7 about doc lying that he's having an 'adult relationship' with haru, i find it a bit weird. I think his reaction when he found out about haru and nakaji date at zoo is that he'll confront nakaji directly again, seeing how a straightforward person he is and just like in ep.5 (or 6?) when he asked nakaji's feeling toward haru...
rather than telling a lie that'll risk his relationship with haru... :scratch:
but then again, maybe he's feeling insecure and act without thinking..
and i agree that if they turn his character into a psycho-jaelous boyfriend, it'll turn off my interest for this drama. it just...a predictable plot?
Last edited by aline333 on May 29th, '10, 06:54, edited 1 time in total.

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » May 22nd, '10, 07:42

miznagase wrote: wow, i really hope that won't happen :pale:
there is a possibility that the death is not due to suicide but murder :-(
the worst case scenario that can happen is that doctor gets crazy and outraged after haru dumps him and murders haru :cry:
the narration when nakaji is knocking on the door says something like, "we didn't know what love is at that point."
so i think the person behind the door is one of the three: haru, doctor, or kiriko.
Nah, I don't think Doctor is capable of a double suicide+murder....lol. He's too pure-hearted, innocent and a basically good character at his core. To have him turn into such a dark character at this stage of the drama is not right. Remember all the good things that Doctor did earlier? He was the one who gave Haru flowers and an umbrella when she was distraught in the rain. He cheered her up. He was also the one who stood up for Haru when Nakaji blamed her for hurting Kiriko. And Doctor was also the one who went to help Haru without a thought for his own safety when she texted him. Doctor went to face the group of thugs like a gladiator getting thrown into a lion's den. He wasn't a good fighter at all, but he was fearless because he wanted to protect Haru. It was very brave of him and showed how much he cared for Haru. So, it's not logical for someone who has such a strong natural protective instinct over Haru to want to harm her later. And it's not fair for the writer to do that do Doctor's character. It's just a predictable and cheap move to turn Doctor into a psycho loser so that Nakaji will be the clear cut choice for Haru in this love triangle.

As for who will be the one bleeding behind the door, my instinct tells me it wouldn't be Kiriko because that's too obvious. Plus didn't one of the articles about Sunanare say that the director claims that Episode 5 will be an important episode that changes everything? He hinted that the one behind the door wouldn't be someone outside of the main 5 people. I believe that he wasn't misleading the readers on purpose. I can't find that article anymore but it's translated into one of the DBSK fanblogs.

For my money, I suspect that the person behind the door is Linda. Since the start of the drama, Linda has been unraveling slowly. He helps everyone but nobody thinks of helping Linda because he seems the most together, mature and financially well-off one in the group. Little does the group know the secret that Linda hides and what a tortured soul he is. He can't even love Nakaji openly. :( For someone with such a low self-esteem and strong self-loathing who cannot come out with his true self to his family and friends, suicide is not an uncommon option.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 22nd, '10, 11:12

But Nakaji was holding his cellphone at that point.
Even if Linda did want to kill himself, he's not the kind of guy to burden others. I don't think he'd do it in a bathroom stall, somewhere where they can find him and even leave a message. He strikes me like the kind of guy who will go far away and do it, making sure his friends don't see him like this and get hurt. Also, if he just sent a message he'll kill himself without a location, wouldn't the others go to his house? Nakaji knew that whoever that is, was in that specific place. I don't think Linda is the kind of guy to make someone go find their dead body. It's too selfish of an act for him who keeps becoming a doormat for their sake.

If the person in the stall sent the message themselves about where they are, either it's someone who is trying to kill themselves and wants the others/or Nakaji to see (means someone went mean) or then it's someone who is in trouble for some other reason and needs help. Could be Peach with a miscarriage, could be someone who was injured by someone else? The door to the stall was locked. That means that it's either someone who wanted to really kill themselves and have Nakaji or one of the others witness it and suffer by not being able to help OR, it's someone who is injured by someone else and is afraid of leaving the door unlocked. I mean, if it was Peach with a miscarriage, she wouldn't lock herself in, so I guess it's either suicide or murder. Murder does make sense. If someone stabbed you and are maybe still after you, wouldn't you lock yourself somewhere safe? Then again, if that's The Emotion, how did someone get stabbed in there in broad daylight?... Hmm... Many possibilities...

Romance

Post by Romance » May 22nd, '10, 12:51

Oh man, ep6 was boring and the preview for ep7 looks even more boring.
What happened to this drama? I mean it started out really good but now it feels just its like going downhill. Well, hope coming episodes will be more exciting...

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 22nd, '10, 15:40

Romance wrote:Oh man, ep6 was boring and the preview for ep7 looks even more boring.
What happened to this drama? I mean it started out really good but now it feels just its like going downhill. Well, hope coming episodes will be more exciting...
Uh, why do you say it's boring? :scratch:

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » May 22nd, '10, 17:23

Orion1986 wrote:But Nakaji was holding his cellphone at that point.
Even if Linda did want to kill himself, he's not the kind of guy to burden others. I don't think he'd do it in a bathroom stall, somewhere where they can find him and even leave a message. He strikes me like the kind of guy who will go far away and do it, making sure his friends don't see him like this and get hurt. Also, if he just sent a message he'll kill himself without a location, wouldn't the others go to his house? Nakaji knew that whoever that is, was in that specific place. I don't think Linda is the kind of guy to make someone go find their dead body. It's too selfish of an act for him who keeps becoming a doormat for their sake.

If the person in the stall sent the message themselves about where they are, either it's someone who is trying to kill themselves and wants the others/or Nakaji to see (means someone went mean) or then it's someone who is in trouble for some other reason and needs help. Could be Peach with a miscarriage, could be someone who was injured by someone else? The door to the stall was locked. That means that it's either someone who wanted to really kill themselves and have Nakaji or one of the others witness it and suffer by not being able to help OR, it's someone who is injured by someone else and is afraid of leaving the door unlocked. I mean, if it was Peach with a miscarriage, she wouldn't lock herself in, so I guess it's either suicide or murder. Murder does make sense. If someone stabbed you and are maybe still after you, wouldn't you lock yourself somewhere safe? Then again, if that's The Emotion, how did someone get stabbed in there in broad daylight?... Hmm... Many possibilities...
I like this interpretation of Linda's character, and the way we're back to guessing what happened behind that toilet stall. I guess that might have been the screenwriter's intention when they put the flashback scene at the start again? It was an excellent start to the drama, and right now when it's dragging its feet a little, it's a great way to lift up the pace again. Though I really wish they'd stuck with the fast pace of the first two episodes...

I kind of get how Romance feels. There were just so many things happening at the start -- the very first episode we got all the good stuff; the blood, the kiss, the running, the rescuing, the mysterious girlfriend... Then now, when they're resolving (seemingly) disparate storylines, it's hard to see how it all ties into a coherent line that progresses the plot. And I still can't root for Nakaji and Haru comfortably, even with JUYI's interpretation of how Haru probably sees Nakaji now.

Someone asked if the drama was still in the process of writing/filming, which is why Haru's character made such a terrible choice to balance off Nakaji's terrible choices, and make him more sympathetic as a character -- I remember reading somewhere that it was tied up before it started airing; I can't remember where I read it from though.

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 22nd, '10, 18:53

bmwracer wrote:
Romance wrote:Oh man, ep6 was boring and the preview for ep7 looks even more boring.
Probably wasn't overly dramatic enough for some people.

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 22nd, '10, 20:13

for those of you who were unsure about peach's condition...
she did have a miscarriage :-( but she said that she's relieved because the child would not have had a father and she didn't even tell her parents about her pregnancy.
i don't know if it's the intention of the writers, but peach seems to recover fairly quickly from traumatic events... :unsure:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 22nd, '10, 21:21

condorjoe wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
Probably wasn't overly dramatic enough for some people.
Overly dramatic or melodramatic? :sweat:

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 23rd, '10, 01:41

probably both.

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » May 23rd, '10, 10:00

miznagase wrote:for those of you who were unsure about peach's condition...
she did have a miscarriage :-( but she said that she's relieved because the child would not have had a father and she didn't even tell her parents about her pregnancy.
i don't know if it's the intention of the writers, but peach seems to recover fairly quickly from traumatic events... :unsure:
Ah, thanks! I sorta assumed that everything was fine, because her reaction was so calm. Well, that was a quick way of getting rid of the baby :scratch: Hope there won't be too many plots that fizzle out because of sloppy writing.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 23rd, '10, 13:33

Aw damn! I was afraid they'd do that.. That's not fair. She's the best of the lot. :-(

antspace

Post by antspace » May 23rd, '10, 20:45

Sorry to butt in, but according to the translation of episode 6 done by exotsia: http://exotsia.livejournal.com/25402.html
Peach felt really bad about losing the baby even when it has no father and she didn't tell her parents. She thought she should be feeling relieved but doesn't.

I liked this ep as much of it was Haru/ Nakaji centered.
But doctor is really driving me crazy with his puppy behaviour! Can't stand it! I used to be like that a bit myself and chased the girls away :mrgreen: That bodes little good for the two.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 25th, '10, 04:22

Anyone recognize Peach behind Haru/Juri-chan? :mrgreen:

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 25th, '10, 06:15

OMG. They look so young and very kawaii!!!

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 25th, '10, 07:46

^^ wow! peach looks so different now :blink

Outside

Post by Outside » May 25th, '10, 12:46

Here's a short clip of the casts celebrating Ueno Juri's birthday!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsju6m4STpA

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 25th, '10, 13:18

Awww. Sweet. Nice gift too. Haha. :lol

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 25th, '10, 13:29

Orion1986 wrote:Awww. Sweet. Nice gift too. Haha. :lol
A Coleman folding chair for camping?

EDIT: Episode 6 subs are out: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_84306_195.htm :thumright:

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 25th, '10, 18:41

bmwracer wrote:A Coleman folding chair for camping?
that's what i was thinking :lol
but it looks like eita gave her an expensive gift :thumright:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 25th, '10, 18:59

miznagase wrote:but it looks like eita gave her an expensive gift :thumright:
A bag of all of his movies and dramas on DVD. :lol

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 25th, '10, 19:10

It has to be a cast and crew present. I'm just wondering which intern picked the present. I doubt it was Eita-san.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 25th, '10, 19:33

condorjoe wrote:It has to be a cast and crew present.
A bag of Nodame Cantabile memorabilia? :lol

Gyabo! :P

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 25th, '10, 19:46

A prequel to Sunao? :P

Image Image
Image Image

«minah»

Post by «minah» » May 26th, '10, 02:39

Watching the sixth episode.... It's just funny how Doctor's little sister I guess goes to the same school she teaches and calls her Sensei.... while in fact the actress is older than both Ueno and JaeJung IRL lol

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 26th, '10, 03:10

«minah» wrote:Watching the sixth episode.... It's just funny how Doctor's little sister I guess goes to the same school she teaches and calls her Sensei.... while in fact the actress is older than both Ueno and JaeJung IRL lol

for real!!! :O how old is she!? :blink

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 26th, '10, 03:14

bmwracer wrote:
condorjoe wrote:It has to be a cast and crew present.
A bag of Nodame Cantabile memorabilia? :lol

Gyabo! :P
Since they've done so many projects, wouldn't that be like giving her a grab bag of her own movies and dramas?

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 26th, '10, 03:20

bmwracer wrote:A prequel to Sunao? :P

Image Image
Image Image
It's their fated connection!

Outside

Post by Outside » May 26th, '10, 03:40

esmer86 wrote:
«minah» wrote:Watching the sixth episode.... It's just funny how Doctor's little sister I guess goes to the same school she teaches and calls her Sensei.... while in fact the actress is older than both Ueno and JaeJung IRL lol

She's born in Aug,09,1985 meaning she's older than Ueno Juri by almost a year, and a few months older than Jejung. lol

Aww Eita and Juri are so cute together! I hope to see more of them even after Sunao! My sis said they look alike lol

«minah»

Post by «minah» » May 26th, '10, 03:44

esmer86 wrote:

She's a bit less than a year older than them... um like.... I think she's gonna be 25 (according to drama wiki) She's the girl from Zeni Geba ^_^

*edit* never mind...... the person above must have posted it as i was typing my rant lol

So I just finished eppy 6.... it went by so fast!

Kinda getting really frustrated with it. They made Doctor into those kinda guys/characters... "Oh he tried to hurt you and he's doing drugs! I'm gonna be close-minded and forbid you from ever seeing him or talking to him again! He's trash! Even though I was getting pushed around, massaging people's feet and back and harassed at work and pretty much was getting treated like trash too!" *sighs* One of the factors in the show that screams those two aren't gonna stay a couple any time soon. And just the fact she couldn't call any one else BUT Nakaji.... "Oh no, I shouldn't tell my new boyfriend, which I agreed to try to see how it is going out with him, that I'm sad... I'll hang out with the guy I like at the zoo... like it's a date or something.... and he's the only one who can make me smile! Not Doctor!" (and that song that was playing in the background too when they had their 'date'...)

...And then Kiriko.... oh geez... I really just want to smack her. So after they're discovered seeing each other, NOW she wants to break up with him? After hurting Haru and getting all jealous because someone elses attention is not on her, she has to break up with him now? "I'm 33 years old... I'm too old for dreams and blah blah blah." Well... she;s too old to be creeping too! >_<Maybe>__> *coughs* But yeah.. just... too many cliches and such and I dunno. I'm kinda more interested in the side characters than that love triangle. Like, what's gonna happen with her brother? And the older couple/parents? And what's gonna happen to Linda? (He really had no purpose in this episode... nor did Peach really.....) And who's the one with the stall? Sorry if my opinion is a bit.... harsh-sounding.

Outside

Post by Outside » May 26th, '10, 04:41

The casts are gonna appear on the cover of TV PIA magazine on 6/2! For now, here's a pic of the three hot men in Sunao!

CREDITS: poplez

Pity that there's not much of Tamayama Tetsuji. He's one heck of a fine guy.

Not much of a Doc+Haru fans but I adore Jejung+Juri :D

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 26th, '10, 05:45

^ i like how jaejoong is teasing juri :D
they look so cute together :wub:

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » May 26th, '10, 10:26

^ Thanks for providing us with constant goodies and rating news, Outside. :thumleft:

LOL at Seki Megumi stealing a glance and laughing at JaeJoong's antics. He's truly a dork IRL. :mrgreen:

I saw that movie starring Megumi and Juri....it's called Warau Michael. Really cheesy schoolgirl fluff. Worth watching for Juri lovers.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 26th, '10, 13:37

hanapyupyu wrote:I saw that movie starring Megumi and Juri....it's called Warau Michael. Really cheesy schoolgirl fluff. Worth watching for Juri lovers.
Yup... I posted a pic on the previous page. :)
Outside wrote:Aww Eita and Juri are so cute together! I hope to see more of them even after Sunao! My sis said they look alike lol
Your sister needs to get glasses. :P

Back on topic:

Re-watched Episode 6 with the subs... Even better. :)
Doctor has gone off the deep end: he seems to have such a juvenile/immature idea of what a relationship is... He's trying to fast track things with Haru for some reason, as if he's going to get deported if he doesn't hook up with someone...

Haru's in a bad, albeit cliched, situation: stuck in a "relationship" with a guy she doesn't love because she feels she owes him because he saved her... Clearly this is going to fall apart, hopefully not tragically. :sweat:

Kiriko proved yet again what a selfish person she is: she got all bent out of shape when Nakaji was friends with Haru and did anything to keep him... Now that she's been "discovered," she severs ties with Nakaji without blinking... He's better off and with Haru around, he'll most likely realize that.

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 26th, '10, 17:29

bmwracer wrote:
hanapyupyu wrote:I saw that movie starring Megumi and Juri....it's called Warau Michael. Really cheesy schoolgirl fluff. Worth watching for Juri lovers.
Yup... I posted a pic on the previous page. :)
Outside wrote:Aww Eita and Juri are so cute together! I hope to see more of them even after Sunao! My sis said they look alike lol
Your sister needs to get glasses. :P

Back on topic:

Re-watched Episode 6 with the subs... Even better. :)
Doctor has gone off the deep end: he seems to have such a juvenile/immature idea of what a relationship is... He's trying to fast track things with Haru for some reason, as if he's going to get deported if he doesn't hook up with someone...

Haru's in a bad, albeit cliched, situation: stuck in a "relationship" with a guy she doesn't love because she feels she owes him because he saved her... Clearly this is going to fall apart, hopefully not tragically. :sweat:

Kiriko proved yet again what a selfish person she is: she got all bent out of shape when Nakaji was friends with Haru and did anything to keep him... Now that she's been "discovered," she severs ties with Nakaji without blinking... He's better off and with Haru around, he'll most likely realize that.
Well it's obvious that's he's insecure especially when it comes to Haru and Nakaji. Maybe this stems from their conversation about the incident. Was he wrong about what he said about Haru's student? Yes and No. I think he had every right to be concerned about her safety. What he said was particular harsh but would he be more understanding if he knew more about Haru's brother's history with drugs? It's obvious that Haru hasn't told anyone about her brother except for Nakaji and it's a very personal thing for her. Haru is going to have to be the one to break things off with Doctor before things get out of hand. They've only been dating for maybe a day and he's already thinking marriage. Sheesh.

I think Kiriko will still have a hold on Nakaji. I wonder when Nakaji will tell Haru or the rest of the group that Kiriko dumped him. I would imagine someone will call dibs on Nakaji. I suspect that Haru will be the first to comfort him which will drive Doctor nuts.

bowies

Post by bowies » May 26th, '10, 20:30

Outside wrote:Here's a short clip of the casts celebrating Ueno Juri's birthday!!!!

the video ist no longer available :pale:
anyone upload it to any other sites?

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 27th, '10, 01:45

I think this is one of their first movie together.

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » May 27th, '10, 06:36

Ep 6 was a thrill....
Just the look Eita gave Juri at the end of the episode was worth the whole drama. If you didn't feel the electricity there's something wrong with you. Nakaji could jusy barely control himself. Haru needed his comfort and Nakaji knew it. I like the Doctor but Haru belongs with Nakaji.
bowies wrote:the video ist no longer available :pale:
Ratz!!!! I didn't get to see it :cry:

Outside

Post by Outside » May 27th, '10, 12:51

@hanapyupyu - your welcome! Just sharing the love :D

Since the drama is getting so intense! Lets take a quick break and read this very random interview from the three guys in Sunao! lol It's from this magazine:

Jaejoong: J
Tamayama Tetsuji: T
Eita: E

This week is the Sunanare boys team who has a deep bond!

Jaejoong: We became close quickly, and from the beginning showed ourselves. I think its not good because I’m showing too much of myself…

Tamayama: mm, why?

J: Aren’t I loud?

Eita: That’s not true. Your a good mood maker

T: Jaejoong-kun says jokes with full confidence. Like “Taberarenai sando was omotesandou~” (the sandwich you can’t eat is Omotesandou) *laugh*

J: When I’m with you guys, its so fun that I become like a spontaneous character

E: That’s true. That’s Jaejoong-kun’s role *laugh*

T: But about 70% is a subtle one that’s hard to react too!

J: ha~a (sighh)

E&T: *laugh*

The talk went smooth and went to how Tamayama’s habit is to compare people as animals.

T: Okay, if I were to compare Eita as an animal… it’d be “a camel that is weak to the hot weather”.

E: eh? Its a camel but its weak to the hotness? *laughs*

T: yep, seems like it *laughs*. Jaejoong-kun is “a slow monkey”. Since you’re a little clumsy right?

E: that, I understand so much!

J: what’s “ochokochoi”(clumsy)?

T: Like… spilling the water from the cup (this day while filming he made a mistake to spill water)

J: oh~ *laughs* then next I will compare you. Tamayama-san is a….”dog that’s like a cat that gets carried away”!

E: what’s that *laughs*

T: a dog that’s like a cat? *laughs*

J: Cats have a sneaky/sly image right. But Tamayama-san isn’t sneaky/sly…

T: My image is bad *laughs*

J: But then it is a dog, the master loves the dog. Like your loyalty is strong…

E: oh, I thought of one too. “A raccoon that used to be a rabbit”.

T: Isn’t that hard to understand?

E: It got tired of being a rabbit that jumps around so it evolved. A raccoon seems cute but it has it fierce side. So it has both sides.

T: oh~*laughs* what about Jaejoong-kun?

E: Golden Retrievers have lots of babies right. So “a golden retriever puppy that was born last, and is always on the side, so it can’t even get milk”

T: hahaha *laughs* I understand!

J: what~you understand?

E: but that puppy is the one that you want to touch the most.

J: ohh, really! Can I be happy?

E&T: *laughs* of course!

source: miemie0606
trans by: Rieko@sharingyc

More pics!

credit: reijae+sharingyc

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 27th, '10, 13:40

HypnoSurf22 wrote:Ep 6 was a thrill....
Just the look Eita gave Juri at the end of the episode was worth the whole drama. If you didn't feel the electricity there's something wrong with you. Nakaji could jusy barely control himself. Haru needed his comfort and Nakaji knew it. I like the Doctor but Haru belongs with Nakaji.
Yup.
There's no energy/electricity between Haru and Doctor, but between Haru and Nakaji, it's off the scale... :thumright:

Salz

Post by Salz » May 27th, '10, 16:05

bowies wrote:
Outside wrote:Here's a short clip of the casts celebrating Ueno Juri's birthday!!!!

the video ist no longer available :pale:
yeah the video have been deleted even before im able to see it:(
i hope someone kind could perhaps upload them again or maybe a download link because i really wanna see the video of them celebrating Juri birthday please????
thank you very much :salut:

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » May 27th, '10, 17:01

^ Outside, you're a great contributor to this thread! Thanks again for posting the article translations on the 3 cute dudes! :D

Aww, it's adorable how they tease each other. :lol Tamayama is a funny guy with his animal comparison habit, lol. *trying hard to imagine Eita as a camel* :mrgreen: I guess they see Tamayama as a tough guy with a tender heart. Have to agree with them on Jaejoong being a 'slow monkey' and 'golden retriever puppy'. :rofl: :rofl:
Salz wrote: yeah the video have been deleted even before im able to see it:(
i hope someone kind could perhaps upload them again or maybe a download link because i really wanna see the video of them celebrating Juri birthday please????
thank you very much :salut:
MhisS Lonliah from the Juri thread gave us this link: http://blog.naver.com/ssuunn0011/150086925591 Hope it still works!

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 27th, '10, 19:39

Just saw episode 7
I liked this episode. I'm still waiting for the subtitles but it's pretty straightforward. This time Haru was there for Nakaji when he was down. It was sweet that Haru gave him a a coffee can with a ganbatte she'd written. You can tell Nakaji was really touched. Nakaji was played for a fool by Kiriko and seeing that she removed the tattoo(symbol of their love) from her neck was another blow to his heart. Nakaji truly regrets not believing Haru in the first place but somehow they continue to get closer despite this which is causing more problems for Doctor. Doctor is trying his best to win Haru but somehow is not working. There's a scene where Doctor takes her to a fancy restaurant and then later she goes to the convenience store to buy some onigiri (obviously still hungry) where she runs into Nakaji. She shares some onigiri with Nakaji at the park and you can tell how more relaxed she is with him. You also begin to see some hints of Nakaji's feelings for Haru beginning to surface.

It seems that the plot lines with Haru's student and Kiriko has run its course. That leaves the parents as the last dangling plotline outside the group left. How that complicated things for Nakaji and Haru remains to be seen.

Of course then there's the ending of the episode. Don't want to give up too much but it make things even more complicated in the group.

heyheywho

Post by heyheywho » May 28th, '10, 01:43

Hello I'm new here! :D

I've watched Sunao ni Narenakute and I love it so far so I decided to make an account here to discuss the series with fellow fans (and critics)

I like the characters so far with the exception of Nakaji. Actually, I sort of like him too (mainly because it's Eita playing the role)
but the fact that he has a friggin' HAREM going on is just so... I don't know but it somehow made the drama sort of ...is cheap the right word for it? I really don't know how to better describe it so I'll go with that. It's like, I'm sorry but just...no. Haru and Kiriko is more than enough imo. But all the other major characters too (except the cute Doctor)I honestly don't see the rationale behind it. Is it to complicate things further? Because we all know that 132 people in love with one guy is complicated.

And how come NOBODY is in love with the damn Doctor?! I mean yes he is wimpy and spineless most of the time but he has proven a few times that he will go out of his way to show people that he really cares. He's strong and reliable when he needs to be and he will risk life and limb to protect the people he love.I don't know about you guys, but if you ask me, THAT is a real man right there.
Sorry for the rant ahaha... I'll stop now.

Anyways here's a preview of EP 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfUPakoj1SU

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 28th, '10, 02:34

I have to agree. The series just got extremely ridiculous and ruined the whole thing for me.
Now all we need is Doctor to fall for Nakaji as well and we're set with the harem. I mean, come oooon. Sure, he's Eita and he's hot, but he's not made of friggin' honey!

They had a few good characters and are ruining them as well. They made Linda pathetic, then they made Haru pathetic for not being able to decide on one guy and now they're making Peach pathetic too. I mean, do you fall in love with everyone who takes you to the hospital, lady? And they are messing up with Doctor too and even making him have some negative stuff about him lately. Still, compared to all the others, I'd say Doc is the least pathetic and easy of a doormat there.

Which brings me to my original wish for this series. I wish everyone (besides the "old" folks) will die, go crazy or generally suffer. Cause right now, I couldn't give a damn about any of these idiots. I do care about Doctor, but I'm sure they'll have ruined him completely as well, by the time the series is over. I don't think it'll end well with all these masochistic, self-pitying, martyr types he's hanging out with. And of course, His Majesty, the Royal Fine Piece Of Man, as everyone seems to be treating him, Nakaji, will have eeeveryone on his side even if Doc decides to stop taking all the bull they're been serving him. Poor man. He's stuck with Count Dracula and his brides...
There's a fine line between being dramatic and overly dramatic and this series just crossed it. I can handle these over the top situations in korean romantic comedy series, but from a japanese romantic drama, I don't expect all these "finest of soap operas" plot twists. It feels like whoever wrote it is disrespecting the viewers' intelligence and diversity cause
not everyone likes Nakaji and therefore understands why everyone keeps falling for him
. I mean, some people might actually not agree, so you give them a bit of a variety of things to be interested in. Spice it up and make it complicated, for crying out loud.

Very disappointed with how this is going. It's just not my style and I believe that for anyone
who doesn't like Nakaji
, things are just being boring right now. Not to mention that you lose any respect and favorable opinion for the characters when they all
like someone you think is just not worthy of such "love"

lissamae

Post by lissamae » May 28th, '10, 03:31

just watched ep. 8

About Peach
They really are making Peach into the weakest person ever. At this rate it will be her behind the door , cause she can't be alone for two seconds. I do not think she slept with Nakaji, but seeing how hurt he was thinking Haru slept with Doctor (and from what I gather, conviently not telling Nakaji it was a lie) now she is going to let Haru think she did.

And she KNOWS Haru has deep feelings for Nakaji, and that the Doctor relationship will not last.

Not saying I am convinced Haru and Nakaji should be together or not, but Peach and Haru have been friends the longest, so she should be more considerate of her friend's feelings.
[

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 28th, '10, 03:39

Easy solution for those who are sick of the way the story is going: stop watching... If you can. :P

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 28th, '10, 04:04

bmwracer wrote:Easy solution for those who are sick of the way the story is going: stop watching... If you can. :P
I agree. It's amazing how much those people complain about this drama yet they continue to watch it. It's already halfway done, the poor bastards. And I wouldn't feel sorry for them cuz they are the cause of their own misery.

Who puts that much time and energy and continue watch something you clearly dislike? Why should anyone should take their posts seriously? Find something better to watch if you dislike this drama so much.

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » May 28th, '10, 04:18

lissamae wrote:just watched ep. 8

About Peach
They really are making Peach into the weakest person ever. At this rate it will be her behind the door , cause she can't be alone for two seconds. I do not think she slept with Nakaji, but seeing how hurt he was thinking Haru slept with Doctor (and from what I gather, conviently not telling Nakaji it was a lie) now she is going to let Haru think she did.

And she KNOWS Haru has deep feelings for Nakaji, and that the Doctor relationship will not last.

Not saying I am convinced Haru and Nakaji should be together or not, but Peach and Haru have been friends the longest, so she should be more considerate of her friend's feelings.
[
Well she does have a history of cutting and tried to kill herself once already. Not exactly the most stable of the bunch. I think you have several viable candidates including Peach.

Obviously it won't be addressed until the next episode. It does make you wonder whether Peach would sleep with Nakaji despite Haru's feelings for him. It's pretty messy no matter how you look at it.

miznagase

Post by miznagase » May 28th, '10, 06:28

wow episode 7 was pretty messy :whistling:
first of all, doctor disappointed me in this episode.
what was the point of lying to everyone about him sleeping with haru?? :scratch:
he must've been really upset and jealous seeing the picture of nakaji and haru on a "date" :roll
it's pretty obvious now that nakaji has feelings for haru, so doctor probably feels a little bit threatened by nakaji and scared that haru will eventually hook up with him.
it makes me cringe watching haru and doctor on a date :crazy:
there's no chemistry whatsoever...i don't get why haru doesn't tell him her true feelings and break up with him :scratch:
another huge disappointment was peach :glare:
i totally regret thinking that peach is a loyal and trustful friend :x
on one day, she stands up for haru, and, on the next, she sleeps with her biggest crush (or so we think) :roll
what the hell, peach? :argue:
if nakaji and peach did sleep together, i don't think haru should ever think of hooking up with him because he's gonna keep on doing this kind of crap :glare:
at this point, i have no idea how this story is going to end, but i really hope that it won't be crappy like this episode :unsure:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 28th, '10, 07:14

miznagase wrote:wow episode 7 was pretty messy :whistling:
first of all, doctor disappointed me in this episode.
what was the point of lying to everyone about him sleeping with haru?? :scratch:
he must've been really upset and jealous seeing the picture of nakaji and haru on a "date" :roll
it's pretty obvious now that nakaji has feelings for haru, so doctor probably feels a little bit threatened by nakaji and scared that haru will eventually hook up with him.
it makes me cringe watching haru and doctor on a date :crazy:
Yeah, same here... Pretty hard to watch, knowing what we know...
at this point, i have no idea how this story is going to end, but i really hope that it won't be crappy like this episode :unsure:
I didn't think this episode was crappy at all, but very very complicated and intertwined...
And it once again reinforces what appears to be the main theme of the drama: lack of communication and honesty among (supposed) friends... Of course, it's quite exaggerated in the drama, but there is an underlying truth to it.

Hmm, it appears that the Kiriko part of the story has ended... And rather surprisingly, since many of us thought she would go off the deep end... Or is this just a writer's ploy?
Hope the subs show up soon, so I can re-watch it... :-)

sobasuki

Post by sobasuki » May 28th, '10, 11:08

I thought this last one was really good, am enjoying Haru and Nakaji becoming closer.

As for the others.... I mean Doctor was pathetic, as he has been from the start, but at least the others are starting to see it, hopefully it'll come out about him lying (again).

Peachi is kinda, not pathetic, just a sorry state, I don't think Nakaji slept with her, at least I hope he didn't. I think Peachi is trying to make Haru think she did to keep her away from Nakaji.

Haru knows Doctor is blatantly the wrong guy, so hopefully will cut that off next ep. (Not convinced she will though)

Regarding the Nakaji loving business, I'm a guy so I don't know so much about looks but he def has style, he's a cameraman, he has a kick ass apartment, he has a cool personality so I can see why he'd be popular with the ladies. Would have thought there'd be some interest in Linda too mind.

Looks like it might all come to a head next ep with Haru having to bail from Doctor and Nakaji having to escape Peachi. Still not convinced Nakaji and Haru are a good couple but they definitely looked to be more on the same page this episode.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 28th, '10, 11:49

To those who say we should stop if we don't like it, as much as it is a disappointment (the series), when the series has been keeping the viewers attention with the promise of smart and complicated plot twists, it's only natural we'd keep watching and we should be disappointed and critical when they offer us "less than" what the show seemed to be about. That's not an excuse for the makers to make a mess out of the story.

I did say I'll keep watching, but I'll keep watching hoping everyone suffers. If making the characters weak and easy to hate only to have the viewer want them to hurt was the purpose of the writer, than it's worked out great.

If however, the purpose was to have viewers care and worry about the characters, I'd say it's a failure when most people here are finding them all going weak and mean.

As a viewer, you can't know if a series will be good or bad right from the start. When you do have such a good cast and plotline, it's your responsibility as a writer/series maker, to have a plot that's appropriate for the type of audience you attract. You give me a good cast, a series that looks good and has so many interesting things going on AND the twitter thing which makes one think they'll explore the whole social media phenomenon and how relationships through them work. So when you get smart, modern people who are expecting to see an innovative emotional drama interested, turning the series into such a cliche factory is not fair to them.

I have a right to complain, just as others have a right to praise. The only reason for me to stop watching and writing is because the people who like it get annoyed and, sorry, that's not good enough for me. I am against pure haters because they hate with no reason. I am stating exactly why I dislike the series as of now.

If everyone loved everything that came out, would we really have any changes in the entertainment world? And look at how many immature and brainless works we have nowadays, from Hollywood and other industries, exactly because bimbos and morons are a majority of the ones openly expressing themselves and they "like, OMG, like totally LOOOOVE" something or someone without any real reasons and even if it's poorly done and stupid (and usually, the more idiotic it is, the better for them). I dislike how the series is going and I have the right and obligation, as a person of my age and maturity who loves dramas and wants good entertainment, to talk about the reasons I dislike something and how it could be improved. It's called feedback and it doesn't have to be positive about everything. Without it, the people who make entertainment, don't have anything to go by. And one person can't change things, but forgive me for trying. I'm not exactly being tortured while writing so it's not that difficult to chip in, even just a little, into the feedback for this series.

I think it's a shame to have such a good cast and waste it on shallow characters and I think it's a shame to have such an interesting plotline and not use it to its full potential. If you really hate that so much, tell me straight up and I'll stop and leave the thread. I do want to give my feedback, but not if everyone will be put off their tea for it.

Back to the episode
I don't have the subtitles so I couldn't understand what Doctor was talking about with Linda, but did he explain why he lied about him and Haru? Linda saw through it, it seems. I mean, Doctor is a pretty insecure guy, but that move was just dumb. You're a couple, sex would happen eventually. Why lie about it to the guy who's the target of desire? I mean, unless he thinks it's Nakaji who is in love with Haru and is trying to get her. Can't he see it's Haru who's allowing him to be close and is still stuck with him? It was a completely out of character thing for Doctor who's, so far, been sickeningly honest (except for the initial small lie which almost everyone said). I hope they do have a good reason as to why he did it, cause Doctor's character is still salvageable (and is too puppy dog cute to make a baddy :P)

As for the Nakaji/Haru closeness, they do seem very comfortable with each other, but I'm not convinced it's romantic. I mean, they just seem like good friends. Just because there's romance (more like hormones) in the air and some awkwardness due to the fact they are a young man and woman without a long history between them, doesn't mean they really love each other romantically. Nakaji has been with this older, powerful and more "in charge" woman for so long, he was mistakenly attracted by the exact opposite of "young and innocent" and Haru met this cute guy who is street-wise, but not mean (and also kissed her) so she got hooked. As a person who's never been in a relationship before, it's easy to think you have fallen for someone.

I would enjoy their closeness if they didn't have all these weaknesses and if there wasn't so much drama and betrayal and what not. Now, that can be good, if the series does aim to show us how good of a relationship they could have if everyone in the group wasn't messed up and ruining each other. I mean, it all depends on the ending and the "moral" of the story. I'd like to think that the whole "We didn't know what love was" is exactly that. A story of a bunch of flawed people who will learn harsh lessons because of their bad course of action. If they do end it on that note, I'll love the series and understand/praise everything that's happened. Until I know for sure though, I consider the way it's turning out disappointing.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 28th, '10, 15:32

sobasuki wrote:
As for the others.... I mean Doctor was pathetic, as he has been from the start, but at least the others are starting to see it, hopefully it'll come out about him lying (again).
Yup... The guy is so juvenile and naive... Really pathetic.
Peachi is kinda, not pathetic, just a sorry state, I don't think Nakaji slept with her, at least I hope he didn't. I think Peachi is trying to make Haru think she did to keep her away from Nakaji.
Like Kiriko, she seems to be selfish as well... Hard to believe that she is Haru's friend.

I don't think she slept with Nakaji... I think it's just another red herring from the writer.
Haru knows Doctor is blatantly the wrong guy, so hopefully will cut that off next ep. (Not convinced she will though)
Again, I agree. Haru is being way too nice and accommodating and it's really getting her into a big mess.

I wasn't surprised that she essentially forgave her dopehead student in the previous episode, I just hope that doesn't come back to haunt her.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 28th, '10, 15:43

bmwracer wrote:
Again, I agree. Haru is being way too nice and accommodating and it's really getting her into a big mess.

I wasn't surprised that she essentially forgave her dopehead student in the previous episode, I just hope that doesn't come back to haunt her.
Actually, does anyone else think it's a bit weird?
Her student didn't seem like your typical rich kid on drugs. He seemed really obsessed and down right evil. He wanted to ruin and dominate her. I find it a bit weird how he's suddenly just a misguided kid who's sorry. He almost seemed like the boss of even those thugs and I don't think he's the kind of guy an arrest would stop. I just find it weird and out of character how he's so sorry and innocent-looking during that phone call. Maybe he's using this as an excuse to get closer to her? Or maybe he just wants her to help him get out of the mess. I just can't believe he pulled such a 180. Either something is going on with both him and Kiriko's deal, or then we have two cases of an intense build-up with a lackluster and simple ending, which I don't really fancy myself. I just hope there's something more to both these stories.