[Discussion] Tsuki no Koibito

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

Who do you want Rensuke (Kimura Takuya) to end up with?

Maemi (Shinohara Ryoko)
53%
Xiu Mei (Lin Chiling)
25%
Kazami (Matsuda Shota)
8%
Nobody
5%
I don't care
9%

Total votes: 278

kimutaku144

Post by kimutaku144 » May 26th, '10, 09:51

yanie wrote:
kimutaku144 wrote:Also the scenes when Maemi reading Xiu Mei's exercise book is really effective.
How is it effective? :scratch:
what i mean with effective is whilst Maemi reading the 'diary' the scenes showing Xiu Mei's and Rensuke's facials. It really good showing how happy Xiu Mei in Japan and how Rensuke listening with mixed feeling. Rensuke still showing his poker face, but he can't stand not knowing what does Xiu Mei wrote about him, he read the 'diary' himself after Miemi left. It makes the feeling Xiu Mei having in the 'diary' alive for the audience.
I dunno if I make sense :p for me of all ep 3 that scenes is the best :P If in non-Japanese production, these scenes will full of flash back and take up 20minutes of the drama :glare: if u know what i mean.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 26th, '10, 13:04

kimutaku144 wrote:
yanie wrote:How is it effective? :scratch:
what i mean with effective is whilst Maemi reading the 'diary' the scenes showing Xiu Mei's and Rensuke's facials. It really good showing how happy Xiu Mei in Japan and how Rensuke listening with mixed feeling. Rensuke still showing his poker face, but he can't stand not knowing what does Xiu Mei wrote about him, he read the 'diary' himself after Miemi left. It makes the feeling Xiu Mei having in the 'diary' alive for the audience.
I dunno if I make sense :p for me of all ep 3 that scenes is the best :P If in non-Japanese production, these scenes will full of flash back and take up 20minutes of the drama :glare: if u know what i mean.
Oh, okay I can understand that better :D Just wondering if it's really called effective? hehe, or maybe it's just my limited english knowledge^^

Abt this one scene in Ep3:
I hate that the writer made Xiumei out of character when she dragged Rensuke away from Maemi. I thought she is suppose to be a goody2 and polite girl? She's friends with Maemi right? How could she not say anything to Maemi when she took him away? While it was clear Rensuke was still talking to Maemi. Can't Xiumei at least say to Maemi, "Sorry, can I borrow Ren for awhile?" with a smile? That came out very annoying for me, esp. because I'm rooting for RenMi. And it was actually a really good RenMi moment that Xiumei interrupted!! XD

C'mon writers! Please don't make Xiumei annoying! I do not want to hate her, she's suppose to be a nice girl. But after Ep3, somehow I'm already starting to :-(
Tsuki no Koibito novel will be released on May 31st.

http://michioshusuke.cocolog-nifty.com/ ... /post.html

The writer, Michio Shusuke, said one scene in this novel is actually something that really happened to himself once.

Brief summary:

コインが4枚。何に見える? 恋は謎かけから始まった。

お前の一言が、俺の運命を変えていく――冷徹な手腕でビジネスを成功させる青年社長・葉月蓮介が、夜の上海で巡り合った女。ありえない二人の物語は、美貌の中国人モデル、部下の社員らを巻き込んで予測不能の展開に……。

"Four coins. What do you see?"

It's a romance started from a riddle.

"That single word from you will change my destiny..."

A successful young president, Hazuki Rensuke said, to the woman he met by chance in Shanghai at night. The two have an unbelievable story that will involve a beautiful Chinese model and his employee subordinates with unexpected developments...

Are? :scratch: Did I translate that right?

Well... the author did say the plot in TV drama is largely changed compared to the novel he wrote.... :unsure:

scattie

Post by scattie » May 26th, '10, 15:25

Wehee! My first post :D

Episode 2 makes me grind my teeth :glare: Just like some of us here, Xiu Mei is getting on my nerve lol or rather the actress who plays Xiu Mei haha so cannot act :P

Episode 3 on the other hand, there are really some cute moments like that I can't resist but photoshop it xD I can't decide between RensukexMaemi or KazaxMaemi :wub:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 26th, '10, 15:55

Great arts, scattie!! :thumright: Pls make more Maemi arts ne!! :salut:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 26th, '10, 16:31

scattie wrote:Wehee! My first post :D

Episode 2 makes me grind my teeth :glare: Just like some of us here, Xiu Mei is getting on my nerve lol or rather the actress who plays Xiu Mei haha so cannot act :P

Episode 3 on the other hand, there are really some cute moments like that I can't resist but photoshop it xD I can't decide between RensukexMaemi or KazaxMaemi :wub:

You missed one where they looked like they were gonna kiss. His subordinate was looking in surprise what was going on LOL. Actually there were so many "close moments" between them, it was cute. It's funny how many times they came so close in contact with each other and I could feel their tension, but it breaks off suddenly...feels like they're teasing us.

Romance

Post by Romance » May 26th, '10, 17:52

Nomanymore wrote:Episode 3 got 15.6% it dropped quiet alot.
well it was like a filler ep. though I like MaemixKazami more & more lol Next ep looks promising ^^
People are simply disappointed, including myself. What a boring and unexciting drama... also what a bad actress the chinese chick is.

annie_chan

Post by annie_chan » May 26th, '10, 18:26

@yanie: I remember last time KimuTaku got 16% was because of the Giant game! So the football match kinda explain it :D

And I really do hope they focus on anyone else but Lin Chi-Lin T__T she's a model, beautiful and all but the girl can't act! She ruined my Red Cliff!

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » May 26th, '10, 19:09

and in June there will be the world cup matches..it will affect the rating for all the dramas..I guess..

I really enjoyed watching episode 3..especially the ending of it..it was very good
and there were many cute moments..Ren/Meami and Kazami/Meami..I'm glad that there were more Meami's scenes in this episode :thumright:
and I'm starting to like Kyoko's character more
wonder what she will do after finding out about the posters :roll

and yeah, I also don't want for Renuske to find out who does he love at the very last moment of the drama..just out of the blue =.=

Can't wait for episode 4..the preview looks good..

@scattie: nice work :thumleft: they r very cute

crazypilovee

Post by crazypilovee » May 26th, '10, 19:31

lvtk wrote:Wow!!..I surprised that the rating is dropping so fast from 22.4% to 15.6% in only 3 episodes.. Fuji TV will be very disappointed with the rating comparing to cost spending in this drama. Is Kimura's charming not working any more or going to be faded that so soon? I wonder if it is because of his age, or anti-KimuTakus, or Rensuke's character, or Kimura's acting, or the story plot, or something else?
i think there're alot of factors involved such as the bad personality of rensuke... but for me xiu mei's progressively getting on my nerves... especially her bad accent (and i'm Chinese lol)

does anyone know the ending to the novel? (or is it even out yet?)
i wanna know who he ends up w/ lollll

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 27th, '10, 00:57

some caps of RenMi couple.

ImageImage
ImageImage

lvtk

Post by lvtk » May 27th, '10, 01:53

Just finished watching episode 3, I think it's pretty good and explained a lot about Rensuke's behaviors. I wonder how much loneliness one will have in one's heart until reaching the point that one can do anything in order to be recognized. Is it worth for not being able to love, or to be loved, or losing the one whom we love just because of that? ..Umm Rensuke's lonely eyes showed his heart's feeling somehow..

If the authors wanted to play with all of us guessing, I think they have done pretty good job somehow. I am on RenMi's side but.. how could Yuzuki's heart be amended? She might be like a spoiled rich girl but I think she's adorable at the zoo though. She is like a girl who says her heart loud and clear regardless it's good or bad. I gave her my thump when she said about a ring.

On the contrary, Xiu Mei tried to be bad but, unfortunately, she's too pretty!! The nose scene was really cute. Rensuke's laughing was so mean!!.. poor girl, she would have a long way to go.

Maemi.. pictures above tells us all... I like the scene that Rensuke stood behind Maemi and told her to go out with Kazami.. Heehee.. he really didn't know what he missed!!!!

BTW, what was Rensuke thinking behind that book???

I, personally, will excuse the low rating of this episode with the football match reason then. As always, I am looking forward to watching the next episode.

BTW, it's only my personal opinion.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 27th, '10, 02:12

lvtk wrote: BTW, what was Rensuke thinking behind that book???
I think he's probably gonna think of how to make use of that piece of knowledge. He was in deep thought after reading it before he covered his face with it.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 27th, '10, 02:42

seirin wrote:
lvtk wrote: BTW, what was Rensuke thinking behind that book???
I think he's probably gonna think of how to make use of that piece of knowledge. He was in deep thought after reading it before he covered his face with it.
I'm guessing Ep4 opening would be a continuation of that scene and when he put down the book, it will reveal a cunning, underestimating smile :P (or maybe its just my wish, haha)

kybiel

Post by kybiel » May 27th, '10, 03:52

@Yanie:
Thanks for the novel's infomation ^^.
If the plot is largely changed, i wish that Ren will ends up with XiuMei in novel, but ends up with Maemi in drama :lol
I'm guessing ep4 opening will be another scene *laugh* :P

After re-watched ep3, i wonder whether Ren knew about his subrodinate betrayed him.
In ep3, Ren seems like has no shock at all when Yuzuki tells him she saw his kiss with XiuMei. I think he already knew Yuzuki saw that. It means that Kazami told him, so, it's one part of his plan, maybe ?
If Ren could know clearly about other's plan like that through Kazami, is there imposibility that he also knows about his subrodinate's plan to betray him ?

There are some more photos or the last time's magazine i posted :
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9313/2 ... b90a7d.jpg
http://img408.imageshack.us/i/54f63f815 ... 23d9d.jpg/
http://img185.imageshack.us/i/ee5997d80 ... df9bd.jpg/

And this is from TV Japan:
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4590 ... 38b13d.jpg
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9545 ... 8018ed.jpg
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7700 ... 3fb95d.jpg
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3865/b ... 439c9d.jpg
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3382/7 ... c163dd.jpg
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1570 ... 58f31d.jpg
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5725 ... 9d311d.jpg
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/825/ ... 28da5d.jpg
Credit: baidu

I'd love to know what was written badly, especially Maemi and Ren's parts XD

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 27th, '10, 08:59

Here you go, kybiel!

Translation of the TV Japan scan of Maemi:

Maemi's Light and Shadow

She's the interior designer for Regolith. She know Rensuke since college and so he trust her very much. Sometimes she can argue Rensuke's order with cool attitude. She's the only one who can fight back Rensuke's opinions.

Not sure whether or not it's because of her busy work, but she don't have a boyfriend. She had dated a few times in the past, but because the guy's bad drinking habit or just not the right person, it didn't work with them. Although she's saying she feels better to be alone now, but caused by her own kindness, somehow she seem bothered by a love matter.

Most of the time, the one who can realize Regolith's motto "to provide good furnitures to more people" is only Maemi. Besides her good sense of design, she also has a high capability in solving any difficult orders given by Rensuke. She's a kind woman who always care about people surrounding her.

-end-

Others are mostly something we already know and doesn't have much new info. Except, it says that Rensuke's family member (I predict, his mother?) will appear in a later episode. Otanoshimiii~~!!!^o^

I have a feeling the episode where Rensuke's family member(mother) show up will show fragile-Rensuke :P And then he will be hugged by one of the three ladies :D

Hehe, PRIDE was like that, ne. Also... since this drama is written by Asano Taeko, reminds me of a Love Generation scene, after Teppei(Kimura) talked abt his brother, Riko(Matsu Takako) hugged him. A cliche pattern in J-doramas, lol.

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » May 27th, '10, 09:31

I also thought it was out of character for Xiu Mei to suddenly be so good at being a model and having pictures taken of her. :scratch: It's kind of a stupid move for her to easily spill the beans of her intent to Kazami, too. Not to mention, I find her act kind of stupid in that how can a woman who was being blackmailed by the President in order to work as a model end up liking him? And so fast too! And now Rensuke had a strike 2 sort of thing by sending away her Dad. I wonder how Xiu Mei is going to proceed with her revenge now?
:whistling:

kybiel

Post by kybiel » May 27th, '10, 09:53

OMG, thank you so much Yanie ^O^~

I'd love the one who will hug him is Maemi.
But my feeling says that there is more possibility it's XiuMei (if Rensuke's family member appears soon) :")
I think it will be a turning point for Ren's feelings.
Sakuya wrote:
I also thought it was out of character for Xiu Mei to suddenly be so good at being a model and having pictures taken of her. :scratch: It's kind of a stupid move for her to easily spill the beans of her intent to Kazami, too. Not to mention, I find her act kind of stupid in that how can a woman who was being blackmailed by the President in order to work as a model end up liking him? And so fast too! And now Rensuke had a strike 2 sort of thing by sending away her Dad. I wonder how Xiu Mei is going to proceed with her revenge now?
You pointed out all the scenes i think un-logic about XiuMei :D

scattie

Post by scattie » May 27th, '10, 15:41

yanie & loveangel: thanks :D

seirin: i know! i was like oh come on, just kiss/hug her already :lol I feel like they should go for 1 leading female (Maemi) and 3 male leads (Rensuke, Kazama & err Ming? lol)

I'm still annoyed with Xiu Mei. I think that was rude of her to drag Rensuke away from Maemi without saying anything , contradict with her core character's portrayal (nice/innocent girl).

Here's a cute moment of Tsuguo xD Trying to move the chair by himself haha I love the WTF look on the flower shop owner in the last caps *huggles Tsuguo* :lol

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » May 27th, '10, 20:50

Sakuya wrote:
I also thought it was out of character for Xiu Mei to suddenly be so good at being a model and having pictures taken of her. :scratch: It's kind of a stupid move for her to easily spill the beans of her intent to Kazami, too.
yeah I was surprised when she confessed to Kazami about her true intentions :blink ..wouldn't she guess that he will tel Renuske about it? It was kinda of stupid indeed...

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 27th, '10, 22:13

scattie wrote:seirin: i know! i was like oh come on, just kiss/hug her already :lol I feel like they should go for 1 leading female (Maemi) and 3 male leads (Rensuke, Kazama & err Ming? lol)
Ahh, sou, sou!!! Where was Ming in Ep3?? :-( He's one of my fave!

scattie wrote:Here's a cute moment of Tsuguo xD Trying to move the chair by himself haha I love the WTF look on the flower shop owner in the last caps *huggles Tsuguo* :lol

LOL!!! Tsuguo is soooo cute!!!! Thank you!! I'll be counting on you for future Tsuguo-Rina caps, scattie!!^v^ And maybe some Tsuguo-Rina arts too?? Heehee~~

kadirbeckham

why the rating is dropped...?

Post by kadirbeckham » May 28th, '10, 03:36

do you really know why the rating is dropped. it's not because kimura takuya, it's just because his partner just like shinohara ryoko. it's not like her acting is not good (she got best actrest award in hikari to tomo ni), but she is already old. the viewers need someone who younger . it's very rare for kimutaku partner to get an award in his film, maybe only his partner in beutiful life got an award as best actress.
I just managed to wacth only episode 1 so far, but if have to choose who is better in this dorama, i think xiu mei (Lin Chi Ling) is better. I choose xiu mei coz her role character.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: why the rating is dropped...?

Post by yanie » May 28th, '10, 04:24

kadirbeckham wrote:do you really know why the rating is dropped. it's not because kimura takuya, it's just because his partner just like shinohara ryoko. it's not like her acting is not good (she got best actrest award in hikari to tomo ni), but she is already old. the viewers need someone who younger . it's very rare for kimutaku partner to get an award in his film, maybe only his partner in beutiful life got an award as best actress.
I just managed to wacth only episode 1 so far, but if have to choose who is better in this dorama, i think xiu mei (Lin Chi Ling) is better. I choose xiu mei coz her role character.
Just wondering, the reason you like Xiumei/Chiling best, is it because you think she's still young? Or you think she has a better acting skill than Shinohara? Or is it because you like Xiumei character better than Maemi?

FYI, the producer haven't stated who is the female lead in this drama, because they don't want to spoil on who's gonna end up with Rensuke in the end. But if you watch Ep1-2, we can almost say Xiumei is the female lead, no?

I personally wishing for them to focus more on Maemi later though :roll
And FYI, from my knowledge, alot of Japanese audience favored Shinohara more than Chiling :whistling:

el_lady

Post by el_lady » May 28th, '10, 04:32

Anyone knows the name of the opening song when it shows the moon? I really like that song.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 28th, '10, 04:40

+1 shinohara
-1 chiling

Age doesn't matter. It's the acting skills that matter. If you're young and you can act it's a bonus. If you're young and you can't act. People would tend to go with the older actors who can act. Unless they're JE fans.

Not all new actors are bad. The little girl in "Mother" doesn't seem to have much experience but she's really awesome. She's gonna become an actress to be reckoned with when she grows up.
Last edited by seirin on May 28th, '10, 04:44, edited 2 times in total.

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » May 28th, '10, 04:41

el_lady wrote:Anyone knows the name of the opening song when it shows the moon? I really like that song.
I thought it might be connected to Love Rain the theme song but now that I listen to it more, maybe it will be an instrumental track on a future OST?

As for everyone saying Lin Chi Ling's acting is bad, for someone who is pretty new to acting, I'd honestly say she is above average. She seems natural in many scenes and is believable to be Xiu Mei. But I find she hasn't mastered her facial expressions that well yet. I do agree though that in some places she's lacking. Like in episode 1 when she's venting on Rensuke at night in the muddy area, her scream was kind of out of place.
And in episode 3 when Xiu Mei finds out about her Dad being sent back to Shanghai, her sad/mad expression aimed at Kazami was kinda... Hmm.... :roll

scattie

Post by scattie » May 28th, '10, 04:53

yanie: I have more of tsugouxrina screencaps, I'll post them later :D

Ahh I don't think Shinohara's old age got anything to do with it. Both Shinohara and Chi Ling are around 36-37 years old but they look young and pretty as ever :D

There's not much development on other characters during Ep 1 except for Xiu Mei so it's understandable you find her character is better. Let's see how you feel after Ep 2 onwards :lol

The rating drop more likely due to the big soccer thing going on at the time. And probably due to how the story progress cause it'a big shaky here and there. It just a rating anyway, as long you enjoy the show, who cares right~ I do hope they'd focus more on Maemi/Kazami/Rensuke on later episode though =D

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 28th, '10, 05:08

Has anyone read the staff's blog??? They introduced Maemi's work desk in Regolith office and it says, "Alot of things will happen there... like doing XXXX with Rensuke, and being XXXed by Kazami.... Maemi is an adult woman afterall"....datte!!!

They are soooo teasing us!!! :lol

Staff blog: http://blog.fujitv.co.jp/getsukoi/index.html

tongz1812
Thailand

Re: why the rating is dropped...?

Post by tongz1812 » May 28th, '10, 08:21

kadirbeckham wrote:do you really know why the rating is dropped. it's not because kimura takuya, it's just because his partner just like shinohara ryoko. it's not like her acting is not good (she got best actrest award in hikari to tomo ni), but she is already old. the viewers need someone who younger . it's very rare for kimutaku partner to get an award in his film, maybe only his partner in beutiful life got an award as best actress.
I don't think "age" is a reason because Lin Chi Ling is 35 years old but she looks so younger than her age. Shinohara is 37 years old and she already has a child but she is younger than her age too. And important thing 'She can ACT'

FYI, from oricon's good woman ranking
Oricon/Oricon Style's latest survey among 1000 women asked them who is THE "good woman" of all female celebrities. They basically describe a good woman as a woman who not only attracts men with her beauty, but also a woman who gets admired by other women for her look and character. Last year they made this survey for the first time and just like then it was Amami Yuuki who grasped most of the votes due to her beautiful and strong image she often expresses in her dorama/movie roles. Kitagawa Keiko once again secured the 2nd place. She and Kuroki Meisa on the 8th place are the youngest women in the Top10.

Top 10 of "Good Women"

01 – Amami Yuuki
02 – Kitagawa Keiko
03 – Shinohara Ryoko
04 – Matsushima Nanako
05 – Matsuyuki Yasuko
06 – Maya Miki
07 – Yonekura Ryoko
08 – Kuroki Meisa
09 – Nakama Yukie
10 – Kanno Miho

the first in this list, she's 43 years old .. :roll

lvtk

Post by lvtk » May 28th, '10, 12:23

I agree that age is not a matter as long as those people can act, they are good. It's sad to hear that some actors or actresses have been "anti" just because they are aged, married, or too famous. Some young actors can't really act at all, while some are really have a very good potential.

I also think that "rating" can be an indicator but may not be the best efficient way to measure whether that drama is good or not. There are other factors involved in viewer behaviors each week such as other big events, the on-line choice, or else.

BTW, it's only my personal opinion.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 28th, '10, 14:21

Kubota Toshinobu - LOVE RAIN (full version in high audio quality):

Kubota Toshinobu - LOVE RAIN (video PV):

Single will be released 16 June 2010.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » May 28th, '10, 14:25

^ Thanks!
oh my why I keep thinking the 2 cartoon characters are Maemi and Rensuke :lol

nnnc

Post by nnnc » May 28th, '10, 15:31

Just finished ep3 with sub :salut:

The more I watch this, the more I don't like Xiu Mei and I would be very disappointed if she ends up with Rensuke :(

I don't know whether it's the writing, directing, or the acting. But Xiu Mei is portrayed as too pure and child-like. She's supposed to be a 28-year old woman but she's speaking and acting too much like a child. I really don't understand her.
At the end of ep2 and the beginning of this ep, she wants to get back at Rensuke but now she's writing that she wants to heal and warm his heart?

I can't root for this pairing because I don't feel any love between the two. NONE. I don't think Rensuke love her and I'm confused whether Xiu Mei love/like/or hate Rensuke.
I don't feel a thing watching their love scene and that's the first for me for a Kimura's love scene. Those scenes were dry and blank, even worse than Kimura x Koyuki pairing from Engine. At least I believe Jiro and Tomomi had a feeling for each other.

The beach scene between Kazami and Maemi made the episode, followed by Yuzuki x Rensuke date at the zoo. Being touted as Romance drama, those two scenes are the only scenes in this episode that were romantic and made my heart beat faster. Even Rensuke x Maemi scenes are no longer romantic for me. Those were cute but
I'm tired of seeing Maemi end up with sad face gazing at Rensuke while Rensuke continue to be a jerk and notice nothing from Maemi :(
It's really hard to root for a guy like Rensuke ne. What's with FujiTV this season, it's already bad that you make Nakaji from SunaNare be a jerk, now you even make Kimura's Rensuke to be unlovable as well. If it's not for Kimura, I guess I will hate Rensuke already. But now I just feel....blank. Can't make myself to hate him, but still can't root for him or find him lovable.

annie_chan

Post by annie_chan » May 28th, '10, 15:42

lol, just look at the rating of the show where the 'old' women are the lead! Just drop a few names: nanako matsushiman, amami yuuki, takeuchi yuuko, nakama yukie, fukatsu eri ! Countless!

to be fair, acting wise, the majority of the young ones cannot hold a candle against them. Beauty wise, at most, they are called cute or pretty! I can't use the word 'beautiful' to describe them like I can use freely with the above ladies!

Anyway, too off topic!

I found Shinohara Ryoko really strange in Maemi at first because I am too used to her being all strong and rough (well, UNFAIR is one of two my most favourite dramas of all time beside HERO :P). Here, she is just... so... gentle! ( I can't find a better word! Sorry) Maemi has a personality to cope with Rensuke as she has always been beside Rensuke for so so long. But below the surface, her eyes just convey endless gentleness, sympathy and understanding towards him!

Just my two cent of thought about her eyes!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » May 28th, '10, 19:00

annie chan,

I so agree with your description of Maemi. Shinohara is really inside of that character. She is good to look at and very feminine. Her attitude toward Rensuke is perfect because she knows him so well she can forgive his brusque ways. I consider her role to be the eventual dominant one over the Xui Mei character. In the drama I think this is the way it will be, and as actresses, I think Shinohara is topdrawer and Chi Ling will never get there. I can't stand her and I know I am being narrow but she irritates me beyond words.
She is a Shanghai woman used to scrapping for a dollar. She behaves like a little 14 year old kid and her manners are atrocious. No excuse for that and I think it is her making it so, not the director or writers. Keiko would be a better Xui Mei in my opinion.
I think Kimura has a rough job with this role. The man Rensuke is hard and not likable at all on the surface. In fact the only one who sees him as a real person with feelings is Maemi. He lives behind an ice wall.
Maemi simply has to be the one he will finally turn to. Otherwise we will all revolt against the writers and anyone else involved.!!!!!!

Peggy

dramaddex

Post by dramaddex » May 28th, '10, 23:25

Just watched ep3 and i gotta say, i like it A LOT!!! :D

Every couple scene was very cute.

I smiled at the zoo scene. I laughed and smiled at the beach scene. I also smiled at the "maemi's throwing the crumbled paper at the door" and her "get away from me" scene. I was on the verge of tears with maemi reading the journal scene. I feel sad for shuumei. Well actually, i feel sad for yuzuki, maemi, rensuke, kazami, and shuumei; I sympathize with all of them. and again, I enjoyed all their scenes.

Shuumei's poster looks great!

As i read the posts, i was sadden. you guys call shuumei as childish. i thought she was ok. She is supposed to be nice, innocent, BUT also strong willed too who believes in justice. i know a lot of "28" year old asian girls who act like an innocent child, seriously, like my cousins, but they're mature too in another perspective. Who said people have to leave their childhood when they're at a certain age? shuumei's just very optimistic, not "childish."
but i wonder how she will act after she finds out that it was rensuke who took her father away from her and nooo yuzuki's father's making his move... :( rensuke watch out! and what is maemi's thought when she reads shuumei's jounal???!! wow!!!! and LOL to kazami's "woman are scary" or something along that line. ahhaha
I definitely can't wait for ep 4!!!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 29th, '10, 07:37

Kimura Takuya said in his radio prog, What's up Smap(WUS), last night, that his ideal type of woman is MAEMI !!! :cheers:

I'm soooo happy to know KimuTaku himself is in the MAEMI Faction!! haha~ Now I can only wish that the producers, directors and writers are in the Maemi Faction as well :P

Maa... if Kimura likes Maemi, then I guess he'd be able to influence the creative team :roll (of course, that is if Kimura thinks Rensuke-Xiumei story is un-logic like most of us think :whistling:)

Oh yes, details for Ep4:
Title: こんなに好きだったんだ… / Konna ni Suki dattan da...
Director: Ishii Yusuke (VOICE, BOSS, Tokyo Dogs)
Writer: Asano Taeko

There are many ways to interpret the title. But watching the Ep4 preview and based on the hints I've read in the mag scans... I'm 90% sure the title depicts Maemi's true feelings. So I will translate that as "So I loved him this much..." :wub:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 29th, '10, 08:03

yanie wrote:
There are many ways to interpret the title. But watching the Ep4 preview and based on the hints I've read in the mag scans... I'm 90% sure the title depicts Maemi's true feelings. So I will translate that as "So I loved him this much..." :wub:
I think it was pretty obvious to everyone except Maemi herself ^^; She only realized her feelings in ep3 when Xiu Mei asked her why she is working so hard for Rensuke. Also, I think what Xiu Mei wrote in her book, reflects how she felt about Rensuke? That's why she stopped reading maybe?

delaciel

Post by delaciel » May 29th, '10, 08:51

Hmmmn......

In my subjective opinion, I don't really like Xiu Mei (shuumei) character... I got confuse by her and what is her true motivation~~~~ revenge for her friends in Shanghai? or She really do like Rensuke? Childish? IDK, well, maybe because I like Maemi character as a woman, I found Xiu Mei here a bit annoying (even more annoying than Keiko's character) LOL

I want more Maemi :P

scattie

Post by scattie » May 29th, '10, 16:33

From the interview/synopsis, I get the gist Xiu Mei supposed to be innocent and at some point; strong willed but Chi Ling failed to deliver those qualities on screen, at least for me. Her strong willed comes out as bratty and her innocent portrayal..well I don't get that vibes at all :scratch: For me, Chi Ling lacks the facial expressions and "eye acting".

I feel more from Maemi's silent glance compare to Xiu Mei with her many sad dialogue lines. Sorry for being hard on Chi Ling. She's lined up against the best actor/actress so her average (lack of) acting skills kinda stand out for me :x

Can anyone guess what did Maemi say to warrant that look from Tsuguo & Rina? xD

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 29th, '10, 16:42

What's Up SMAP
28 May 2010

Tsuki no Koibito topic this time is "Tsuki no Koibito Ending Prediction Contest!".
Many fans sent fax on what they think will be Tsuki no Koibito's ending.

This is a rough summary/translation of the topics talked by Kimura:
-A fan asked whether how Rensuke stared at the head of the chinese restaurant owner is Kimura's ad-lib/improvisation or not. Kimura answered yes, he did that first during the dry rehearsal, and the director, Hirano Shin was very pleased with it, so they go with that moment in the real filming too^^

-He talked about Ep2-3 director, Hirano Shin. He said Hirano-san is the opposite type of director compared to Nishitani Hiroshi (ep1). What Hirano thinks interesting are moments that Kimura didn't expect at all. Like the way Xiumei said, "Maemi-san, komatta yo (I'm in trouble)," in Ep2, apparently Hirano-san really liked the way Xiumei recited "komatta yo" alot and got excited by himself, Kimura even thought, "Is he okay there?" for a moment^^
Kimura has worked together with Hirano Shin in HERO, Engine and Change before. (FYI, Hirano Shin is Esumi Makiko's husband^^)

-Fax from a fan: I think Rensuke will end up together with Xiu Mei. Why? I think amenbo is the key here. Amenbo symbolizes Xiu Mei who likes amenbo (Kimura: (laughs) Is there any girl who actually likes water bug?? Ma ii ya(oh well)...), water symbolizes Rensuke's heart. (Kimura: Wooo.... this is a good symbolization) And so Xiu Mei will clean up Rensuke's heart. I think everything will end with a happy ending.
Kimura: So she is saying that Rensuke will end up with Xiu Mei, ne. I think it's nice. Maybe I should bring this to the producers, Murase-san and Goto-san. We haven't decide on the ending anyway.
Amenbo.... actually, in the beginning I also thought "Will amenbo plays such a part in the story??". But then in Episode 4... well, okay... I guess I can't say anything, or else Ishii director would scold me, "What have you done!?". Y'know, apparently people who listen to this program are really alot! Last week I talked about our AD, Misato-san... Misato-san herself didn't lister but her mother listened and told her about it, and so the other day Misato-san thanked me to mention her in this program. So I think I really should be careful here.
Well, amenbo... maybe, from what I know a bit... so in what kind of form, amenbo will come out in the next Episode 4? (laughs) Well, I think it's gonna come out somewhere in that episode. Uhh... I said it anyway, alright, it will appear. Ishii director, I'm very sorry!

-Fax from a fan: The ending is hidden in the title! Tsuki no Koibito! I think this story comes from Kaguya-hime folk story. Xiu Mei is Kaguya-hime and right now Rensuke feels attracted to Xiumei bit by bit, but in the end she will return to China. Just like how Kaguya-hime returned to the moon. I also think the fact that Rensuke is a furniture company president is because this story is based on Kaguya-hime. Rensuke's job is kagu-ya (furniture store/dealer) right?
Kimura: UMAI!!!! THIS IS GOOD!!! Maybe I should take this one to the filming set tomorrow too! I'll ask them, "So that's why I'm a kagu-ya?!!". But Tsuki no Koibito's story.... can we really rely it on puns like these?? So, shld we make the ending based on a pun?? (laughs)

But from the point of that Rensuke and Xiumei doesn't end up together in this message... actually, yeah.... from Episode 1 somehow Rensuke and Xiumei's tension in terms of feelings and temperature, has raised up already. Felt like it all raised up suddenly since the beginning. Actually about the raising degree, I thought, "Is it okay to raise up so suddenly like this??". In my opinion, I don't think two people who will end up together, would have their feelings and tension raised up this much at this beginning point.

-Fax from a fan: Thinking about the ending, I can only think that Rensuke will end up with Maemi!!! If we see the development so far, it does seem like Rensuke will end up with Xiumei, but then it won't be interesting that way. I think Xiumei will dump Rensuke, Xiumei will cooperate with Kazami and kick Rensuke out of Regolith! The one and only person who cannot ignore Rensuke who has lost his company and money, is Maemi deshou? They're classmates since highschool, college, right? They will realize that they always had feelings for each other, in the end.
Kimura: Hoyoyoyoyoy~~ Regolith will be taken? I think this non-romance prediction is quite wonderful. Well, in Episode 4, many things will go forward, and maybe Rensuke will be quite.... well, that... what do I mean with 'that'? I can't say!!

Btw, reading comments coming in Hazuki Rensuke's blog, there were very, very many similar messages like this "For me, I want Rensuke to end up with Maemi, not Xiumei!!!". Aa... so everyone think like that. And then I thought, "Why does no one think he'll end up with Yuzuki??". I told Keiko-chan about this during Ep4 filming, and she said, "Up to Ep4, he still has not notice me! When will he notice me?? Chotto majide(seriously)... maji-zurain desu kedo(its really hard for me)," (laughs)

Actually Maemi type of woman, is my personal ideal type, ne... not Rensuke, but Kimura's ideal type. (laughs) Wait a minute, why am I the one imagining things!? (laughs) Well.... I like the type of women who brings hammer around. I like the type who would swing around a hammer and towards someone she thought, "What's wrong with this guy/girl?", she'd throw it toward that person and said, "I'm sorry, it slipped off of my hand!".

-Fax from a fan: Rensuke will end up with Maemi in the end. Why? Because Xiumei will die in the middle. Rensuke and Xiumei loved each other. They even had a child together. But then Xiumei suddenly passed away. And not just that, Kazami will betray Rensuke and he will lose Regolith. And at this kind of time, the only person who would support Rensuke is only Maemi. And so they end up together and they also raise Rensuke and Xiumei's child together. Last scene would be Rensuke and Maemi running a little furniture shop in China while raising Xiumei's child. (yanie: lol, this is a very soap opera-ish ending... reminds me of a Bollywood movie, Kuch Kuch Hotta Hai :P)
Kimura: Hoooo~~ So this is one of the theory where Rensuke end up with Maemi, but Xiumei would die in the middle of the story. It'd be quite a shocking and beautiful ending, but it reminds me of Pearl Harbour ending, the movie starring Josh Harnett. (laughs) It's great, but I don't think it'll happen... Xiumei doesn't has to die too. (laughs)

To be honest, I, Kimura Takuya, does not know how the story will end yet!
I think the kind of ending like in this song is possible too, so let's listen to SMAP's song, in 1998 Viva Amigos album, IEBA YOKATTA.

(yanie: FYI, Ieba Yokatta song tells abt a guy who has always hide feelings for his female bestfriend, but he can never tell her his true feelings, he kept thinking whether it is better if they just stay friends, but sometimes he wants to be more than just friends with her. And then his female bestfriend is going to move to a far place where he cannot meet her frequently anymore. And I think it ends there.)

Kimura: Actually in one of the messages, someone think that Rensuke will die in the end. Well, let me say this.....

(imitating Takeda Tetsuya from 101st Proposal, the legendary 1991 J-drama)
BOKU WA SHINIMASHEENN!!! (I WILL NOT DIE!!)
(BGM: Chage & Aska's Say Yes, 101st Proposal themesong, lol)

Hai, sayonara! (laughs)

scattie

Post by scattie » May 29th, '10, 17:21

Wahh thanks yanie!

Ending prediction contest? Hmmmm interesting :'D
Fax- from a fan: Rensuke will end up with Maemi in the end. Why? Because Xiumei will die in the middle. Rensuke and Xiumei loved each other. They even had a child together. But then Xiumei suddenly passed away. And not just that, Kazami will betray Rensuke and he will lose Regolith. And at this kind of time, the only person who would support Rensuke is only Maemi. And so they end up together and they also raise Rensuke and Xiumei's child together. Last scene would be Rensuke and Maemi running a little furniture shop in China while raising Xiumei's child.

LOLLL totally agree..so Kuch Kuch Hota Hai :lol If Rensuke and Maemi read this thread, this would be their reaction..nantoka lol

dramaddex

Post by dramaddex » May 29th, '10, 17:37

yanie wrote:What's Up SMAP
28 May 2010

Tsuki no Koibito topic this time is "Tsuki no Koibito Ending Prediction Contest!".
Many fans sent fax on what they think will be Tsuki no Koibito's ending.

This is a rough summary/translation of the topics talked by Kimura:
-A fan asked whether how Rensuke stared at the head of the chinese restaurant owner is Kimura's ad-lib/improvisation or not. Kimura answered yes, he did that first during the dry rehearsal, and the director, Hirano Shin was very pleased with it, so they go with that moment in the real filming too^^

-He talked about Ep2-3 director, Hirano Shin. He said Hirano-san is the opposite type of director compared to Nishitani Hiroshi (ep1). What Hirano thinks interesting are moments that Kimura didn't expect at all. Like the way Xiumei said, "Maemi-san, komatta yo (I'm in trouble)," in Ep2, apparently Hirano-san really liked the way Xiumei recited "komatta yo" alot and got excited by himself, Kimura even thought, "Is he okay there?" for a moment^^
Kimura has worked together with Hirano Shin in HERO, Engine and Change before. (FYI, Hirano Shin is Esumi Makiko's husband^^)

-Fax from a fan: I think Rensuke will end up together with Xiu Mei. Why? I think amenbo is the key here. Amenbo symbolizes Xiu Mei who likes amenbo (Kimura: (laughs) Is there any girl who actually likes water bug?? Ma ii ya(oh well)...), water symbolizes Rensuke's heart. (Kimura: Wooo.... this is a good symbolization) And so Xiu Mei will clean up Rensuke's heart. I think everything will end with a happy ending.
Kimura: So she is saying that Rensuke will end up with Xiu Mei, ne. I think it's nice. Maybe I should bring this to the producers, Murase-san and Goto-san. We haven't decide on the ending anyway.
Amenbo.... actually, in the beginning I also thought "Will amenbo plays such a part in the story??". But then in Episode 4... well, okay... I guess I can't say anything, or else Ishii director would scold me, "What have you done!?". Y'know, apparently people who listen to this program are really alot! Last week I talked about our AD, Misato-san... Misato-san herself didn't lister but her mother listened and told her about it, and so the other day Misato-san thanked me to mention her in this program. So I think I really should be careful here.
Well, amenbo... maybe, from what I know a bit... so in what kind of form, amenbo will come out in the next Episode 4? (laughs) Well, I think it's gonna come out somewhere in that episode. Uhh... I said it anyway, alright, it will appear. Ishii director, I'm very sorry!

-Fax from a fan: The ending is hidden in the title! Tsuki no Koibito! I think this story comes from Kaguya-hime folk story. Xiu Mei is Kaguya-hime and right now Rensuke feels attracted to Xiumei bit by bit, but in the end she will return to China. Just like how Kaguya-hime returned to the moon. I also think the fact that Rensuke is a furniture company president is because this story is based on Kaguya-hime. Rensuke's job is kagu-ya (furniture store/dealer) right?
Kimura: UMAI!!!! THIS IS GOOD!!! Maybe I should take this one to the filming set tomorrow too! I'll ask them, "So that's why I'm a kagu-ya?!!". But Tsuki no Koibito's story.... can we really rely it on puns like these?? So, shld we make the ending based on a pun?? (laughs)

But from the point of that Rensuke and Xiumei doesn't end up together in this message... actually, yeah.... from Episode 1 somehow Rensuke and Xiumei's tension in terms of feelings and temperature, has raised up already. Felt like it all raised up suddenly since the beginning. Actually about the raising degree, I thought, "Is it okay to raise up so suddenly like this??". In my opinion, I don't think two people who will end up together, would have their feelings and tension raised up this much at this beginning point.

-Fax from a fan: Thinking about the ending, I can only think that Rensuke will end up with Maemi!!! If we see the development so far, it does seem like Rensuke will end up with Xiumei, but then it won't be interesting that way. I think Xiumei will dump Rensuke, Xiumei will cooperate with Kazami and kick Rensuke out of Regolith! The one and only person who cannot ignore Rensuke who has lost his company and money, is Maemi deshou? They're classmates since highschool, college, right? They will realize that they always had feelings for each other, in the end.
Kimura: Hoyoyoyoyoy~~ Regolith will be taken? I think this non-romance prediction is quite wonderful. Well, in Episode 4, many things will go forward, and maybe Rensuke will be quite.... well, that... what do I mean with 'that'? I can't say!!

Btw, reading comments coming in Hazuki Rensuke's blog, there were very, very many similar messages like this "For me, I want Rensuke to end up with Maemi, not Xiumei!!!". Aa... so everyone think like that. And then I thought, "Why does no one think he'll end up with Yuzuki??". I told Keiko-chan about this during Ep4 filming, and she said, "Up to Ep4, he still has not notice me! When will he notice me?? Chotto majide(seriously)... maji-zurain desu kedo(its really hard for me)," (laughs)

Actually Maemi type of woman, is my personal ideal type, ne... not Rensuke, but Kimura's ideal type. (laughs) Wait a minute, why am I the one imagining things!? (laughs) Well.... I like the type of women who brings hammer around. I like the type who would swing around a hammer and towards someone she thought, "What's wrong with this guy/girl?", she'd throw it toward that person and said, "I'm sorry, it slipped off of my hand!".

-Fax from a fan: Rensuke will end up with Maemi in the end. Why? Because Xiumei will die in the middle. Rensuke and Xiumei loved each other. They even had a child together. But then Xiumei suddenly passed away. And not just that, Kazami will betray Rensuke and he will lose Regolith. And at this kind of time, the only person who would support Rensuke is only Maemi. And so they end up together and they also raise Rensuke and Xiumei's child together. Last scene would be Rensuke and Maemi running a little furniture shop in China while raising Xiumei's child. (yanie: lol, this is a very soap opera-ish ending... reminds me of a Bollywood movie, Kuch Kuch Hotta Hai :P)
Kimura: Hoooo~~ So this is one of the theory where Rensuke end up with Maemi, but Xiumei would die in the middle of the story. It'd be quite a shocking and beautiful ending, but it reminds me of Pearl Harbour ending, the movie starring Josh Harnett. (laughs) It's great, but I don't think it'll happen... Xiumei doesn't has to die too. (laughs)

To be honest, I, Kimura Takuya, does not know how the story will end yet!
I think the kind of ending like in this song is possible too, so let's listen to SMAP's song, in 1998 Viva Amigos album, IEBA YOKATTA.

(yanie: FYI, Ieba Yokatta song tells abt a guy who has always hide feelings for his female bestfriend, but he can never tell her his true feelings, he kept thinking whether it is better if they just stay friends, but sometimes he wants to be more than just friends with her. And then his female bestfriend is going to move to a far place where he cannot meet her frequently anymore. And I think it ends there.)

Kimura: Actually in one of the messages, someone think that Rensuke will die in the end. Well, let me say this.....

(imitating Takeda Tetsuya from 101st Proposal, the legendary 1991 J-drama)
BOKU WA SHINIMASHEENN!!! (I WILL NOT DIE!!)
(BGM: Chage & Aska's Say Yes, 101st Proposal themesong, lol)

Hai, sayonara! (laughs)
THANK YOU!!! I had fun reading this, but i also 'lol' it when one says someone's gonna die. lol

btw..this is a general question. i always wonder..but never really researched about it (lazy...:P) when a drama airs, the production's done right? or do the actors, crew members, and the director are still in progress of making the final ep?

and also, hhaha yeah chiling's not good at acting. so i also wonder, quite a while now, would more people vote for rensuke and shuumei IF another actress would act out all the characteristics of shuumei? This is my opinion: i really like the character description of shuumei and if this drama turned into a novel, i would totally be a hard-core shipper for rensuke and shuumei. Right now, I'm just going with the flow of the drama; i don't really have a big preference for who will end up with who (but i still prefer ren with shuumei, but i also dont mind other couples at all, so i guess i enjoyed this drama, maybe more than others, is because i don't have resentments towards any potential couples haha :P)

scattie wrote:
Fax- from a fan: Rensuke will end up with Maemi in the end. Why? Because Xiumei will die in the middle. Rensuke and Xiumei loved each other. They even had a child together. But then Xiumei suddenly passed away. And not just that, Kazami will betray Rensuke and he will lose Regolith. And at this kind of time, the only person who would support Rensuke is only Maemi. And so they end up together and they also raise Rensuke and Xiumei's child together. Last scene would be Rensuke and Maemi running a little furniture shop in China while raising Xiumei's child.

LOLLL totally agree..so Kuch Kuch Hota Hai :lol If Rensuke and Maemi read this thread, this would be their reaction..nantoka lol

LOLOL :thumright:

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » May 29th, '10, 18:05

yanie wrote:What's Up SMAP
28 May 2010

so much drama is going on here :lol and yeah it does remind me of that bollywood movie & pearl harbor as well..
scattie wrote:

Kawaiii XD

dramaddex wrote:

btw..this is a general question. i always wonder..but never really researched about it (lazy...:P) when a drama airs, the production's done right? or do the actors, crew members, and the director are still in progress of making the final ep?
as I know...the production & shooting are still in progress while the episodes are airing..someone correct me if I'm wrong :unsure:

nnnc

Post by nnnc » May 29th, '10, 18:53

Love Angel wrote:
dramaddex wrote:
as I know...the production & shooting are still in progress while the episodes are airing..someone correct me if I'm wrong :unsure:
Most Japanese dramas haven't finished shooting while the episodes are airing, with the exception of some rare cases. When Nishikido Ryo got H1N1 last year, they had to postpone airing an episode of Orthros no Inu. The scriptwriter had to rewrite the last few episodes to finish the story with one episode short. Kyumei Byoto 24 Ji Season 4 had to postpone its premier episode because Eguchi Yosuke was hurt in a motorcycle accident and it ended up having only 7 episodes.

According to Hazuki Rensuke's blog on the official site, they filmed part of episode 5 yesterday.

dramaddex

Post by dramaddex » May 30th, '10, 01:15

nnnc wrote:
Love Angel wrote:
dramaddex wrote:
Most Japanese dramas haven't finished shooting while the episodes are airing, with the exception of some rare cases. When Nishikido Ryo got H1N1 last year, they had to postpone airing an episode of Orthros no Inu. The scriptwriter had to rewrite the last few episodes to finish the story with one episode short. Kyumei Byoto 24 Ji Season 4 had to postpone its premier episode because Eguchi Yosuke was hurt in a motorcycle accident and it ended up having only 7 episodes.

According to Hazuki Rensuke's blog on the official site, they filmed part of episode 5 yesterday.
Thanks for your guys' responses!! wow then that means they have to finish at least one ep ahead every week. that sounds very stressful for the crew members.. or maybe they're so good at it that it's a breeze to combine and edit all the scenes haha. yup professionals.. while i get stressed out by just making and editing a 10 minute video.

lin2yi
Thailand

Post by lin2yi » May 30th, '10, 07:20

Thanks for your news. I enjoy to read it so much. :D

annie_chan

Post by annie_chan » May 30th, '10, 11:06

What Rensuke did to Kazami to make him 'hide his claws' to pay back? How did he come to work for him in the first place?
Does Rensuke only use Kazami without him knowing or does he actually trust Kazami very much?
If it's true that there are only 7 episodes, I wonder how they can answer everything in 4 episodes. I know Rensuke will change somehow in the end, but I don't want him to be a nice, blah blah blah, person instead of him being a jerk - that is too much out of his character.

As for the ending, I am a bit worried! They may pair up Maemi/Kazami and Rensuke/Xiu Mei so that they will have a happy ending for all (well, Yuzuki is still young, it's not the love of her life yet so she can still recover)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 30th, '10, 16:10

I wonder why everyone thinks Rensuke is the one plotting all these bad doings? Maybe Kazami is the real one behind all these bad actions? Rensuke just says the word and doesn't care how it's resolved. Kazami develops the plans and put things into action. I think that is how Kazami became Rensuke aide. Kazami is competent, doesn't need instructions and does the job well. Seeing how Rensuke treated his employees, he doesn't want delays and excuses. If he wants something done, they have to find an effective way to do it immediately or face getting sacked.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » May 31st, '10, 18:39

I couldn't watch it live this week, but looks like I didn't miss anything? lol

nnnc

Post by nnnc » May 31st, '10, 18:47

keyhole was quite bad today, so I want to watch it properly before I make any comment. However, from what I saw,
Rensuke seemed to really fall in love with Xiu Mei :O This time I think he smiled at her for real.
I cursed a bit seeing the last scene of them together. I so want Maemi to be happy :cry:
Kazami was there for Maemi. But Maemi loves Rensuke too much.

L'Arc

Post by L'Arc » May 31st, '10, 19:15

keyhole was quite bad today
KeyHole is always sh!tty. Don't use it unless you want to listen to the radio.
gundam.eu streams are much much better with a high quality bitrate (660k) :thumleft:
I watched the 4th ep today without problems using VLC streaming (WMP is also good).

nell123

Post by nell123 » May 31st, '10, 19:17

nnnc wrote:keyhole was quite bad today, so I want to watch it properly before I make any comment. However, from what I saw,
Rensuke seemed to really fall in love with Xiu Mei :O This time I think he smiled at her for real.
I cursed a bit seeing the last scene of them together. I so want Maemi to be happy :cry:
Kazami was there for Maemi. But Maemi loves Rensuke too much.
No, no, no :hissy: If this is true I want them to
either make Rensuke change his mind and realize his love for her or make her like Kazami :pray: I don't want my Maemi to end up alone :cry:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 31st, '10, 22:25

Congratulations to RenXiu shippers!!^o^ You will get what you want in Ep4 :wink:

I still have not given up on my OTP, though^^

Issy

Post by Issy » May 31st, '10, 22:35

yanie wrote:Congratulations to RenXiu shippers!!^o^ You will get what you want in Ep4 :wink:

I still have not given up on my OTP, though^^
i'm behind on this drama but have been reading this thread. if this what is going to happen, i think i will drop this drama. there is only one decent character in this drama and if it's not happy ending for her, it's not worth watching. specially when OTP they promoting, have ZERO chemistry with each other :crazy:

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » May 31st, '10, 22:37

I doubt that will be the ending pairing. I mean we're only at episode 4, I'm sure there's bound to be a twist coming up.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 31st, '10, 23:11

Sakuya wrote:I doubt that will be the ending pairing. I mean we're only at episode 4, I'm sure there's bound to be a twist coming up.
Yup, afterall... from next week's preview:
Xiumei got angry again towards Rensuke saying, "I'm not your property!!!". And Rensuke asked her to marry him... I don't think Rensuke is the type who would rush things even when he's in love... there must be problems with Xiumei's visa status... maybe her working permit is illegal?

And.. kyaaaa.... Kazami-kun! Just kiss her already!!! XD

And yayy! Ming is back!! Yatta, Hanadan's dynamic duo got a scene together!!!
Oh yes, I'm happy Rensuke-Yuzuki finally had a cute moment in Ep4^^
Loved the head-tapping^^

Maemi.... mmh, I think it was a very sad episode for Maemi :cry:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 1st, '10, 00:08

The novel's story.... shocking for me! XDDD
It's a love story between Rensuke and Yayoi !!! Xiumei is just a supporting character in the novel. "Yayoi tte dare?" you ask me? She's a temporary staff worker (haken shain) in Regolith. In the beginning of the story, the leading character is actually this Yayoi girl and not Rensuke. She made a mistake in the office that brings her in stress... with savings she has left, she decided to go to Shanghai for vacation. And there... coincidentally, she met the president of Regolith...

And of course... the most shocking part for me... there is NO MAEMI in the novel! XD

Yappari....

I will post more details later after I read the novel. But sounds like I will enjoy the novel more than the drama :whistling:

kybiel

Post by kybiel » Jun 1st, '10, 01:55

yanie wrote:The novel's story.... shocking for me! XDDD
It's a love story between Rensuke and Yayoi !!! Xiumei is just a supporting character in the novel. "Yayoi tte dare?" you ask me? She's a temporary staff worker (haken shain) in Regolith. In the beginning of the story, the leading character is actually this Yayoi girl and not Rensuke. She made a mistake in the office that brings her in stress... with savings she has left, she decided to go to Shanghai for vacation. And there... coincidentally, she met the president of Regolith...

And of course... the most shocking part for me... there is NO MAEMI in the novel! XD

Yappari....

I will post more details later after I read the novel. But sounds like I will enjoy the novel more than the drama :whistling:
It's a SUPER BIG shocking news, Yanie :goggle:
I'm also want to read it XD. Then now we can't say who Rensuke will end up with in the end according to that novel LOL.

I have a little dissapointment + angry when watching ep4 though.
Now all i need is Maemi will have a happy ending, or i will never forgive who wrote this drama :whistling:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 1st, '10, 09:18

Rating for Ep4 -> 15.5%

Just an opinion here... please no offense to anyone.

I do not want to put the blame on anyone about the low ratings, but there are many Xiumei haters in 2ch, and from Japanese blogs many dislike Xiumei character as well, although they didn't express the dislike feelings as much as those ones in 2ch.

A certain Japanese fan blog I frequently go to, had been trying to hold back in posting negative comments abt Xiumei, and tried to write in a polite way. But when Kimura announced in WUS that Maemi is his type, this fan finally became more vocal about not liking Xiumei and abt supporting Maemi all the way XD

It seem like it's not about the actress anymore, but it's about Xiumei the character herself. The illogical things written for her character that made the audience confused.

I can see that not many fans are happy about Ep4 ending, based on the comments posted in Hazuki Rensuke's blog. Although, of course, some says it was a beautiful scene and all. But I couldn't find any comment that says something like, "Rensuke looks so good together with Xiumei in that scene!". Most of the posts says it was a beautiful and romantic scene, but immediately mentioned about how sad it was for Maemi, and that they cried together with Maemi XD

And now, I just read a rumor about how Lin Chiling(her big salary and accomodation fee altogether) has brought a big loss to FujiTV. Oh no, it's gonna be hard for her if its true... poor girl :(

It's really a pity.... Lin Chiling seem like a hard-working and down to earth person. I think she really did her best with her acting. But maybe that was all she can do.

I wonder if it's gonna be different if a more reputable actress plays the character? I wonder if Xiumei can be more likeable if a highly talented actress plays the role? Because right now, I'm not sure whether I should blame Chiling or the writer for Xiumei's portrayal... XD Or maybe it's a plus-minus combination of both^^;

canavial

Post by canavial » Jun 1st, '10, 10:11

yanie wrote:I wonder if it's gonna be different if a more reputable actress plays the character? I wonder if Xiumei can be more likeable if a highly talented actress plays the role? Because right now, I'm not sure whether I should blame Chiling or the writer for Xiumei's portrayal... XD Or maybe it's a plus-minus combination of both^^;
Having seen both Red Cliff and a lesser known movie called The Treasure Hunter, I would say yes, a better actress could've been used.
I have a feeling that her portrayal/script might have also been catered to meet her proficiency in the language, thus compromising the overall quality. So in that sense, a double yes.

bérangère

Post by bérangère » Jun 1st, '10, 11:46

yanie wrote: I wonder if it's gonna be different if a more reputable actress plays the character? I wonder if Xiumei can be more likeable if a highly talented actress plays the role? Because right now, I'm not sure whether I should blame Chiling or the writer for Xiumei's portrayal... XD Or maybe it's a plus-minus combination of both^^;
Let's just imagine... Takeuchi Yuuko in the role of a poor *japanese* (no need for her to try and sound Chinese, I don't think that the fact that Xiu Mei is Chinese adds anything to the story) woman chosen out of the blue to become the campain model of Regolith.
Her role could have been bad written, she would have managed to make us root for her (well, maybe not, that's Maemi we're talking about in the opposite camp, but it may have been a 50-50 in my heart...).
All the modifications of her behaviour would have been played in a way we would have understood her hesitation, her distress, as she wonders if she *can* love Rensuke or *has to* hate him. In the same way Maemi portrays more than a girl who does not have the courage to confess to the guy she loves, she would have portrayed more than an empty nutshell that seems to just follow the tide...

But this is only my opinion, of course. After all, maybe the role is so bad written that nobody could obtain anything out of it. But wouldn't it be strange ? This is Asano Taeko. I can not say I liked all her dramas (far from it), and anybody can fail, once (or twice...), but I think she is experimented enough to create at least plausible characters...

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 1st, '10, 11:51

Crap... after read all of the comments above about the 4th episode, I get a lil' lazy downloading this episode..... (!-_-) LOL Now, I even thinking that I shall wait until the whole episode is up and know how the ending is... LOL :P

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jun 1st, '10, 12:30

^ same here lol ^^;; someone just tweet me only when the last ep' sub is out please. JK

Either way, any confirmation on how many eps there are?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 1st, '10, 14:56

Calculating based on the next summer getsuku drama that will definitely be starting on July (most probably July 19), and including the hiatus weeks, I would say this drama would only have max. 8 episodes. Most probably, the rumor would be true, 7 eps.

Spoiler for Ep5:
-Kazami asked Maemi out on a date. They went to a restaurant and coincidentally that's where Rensuke and Xiumei are dating as well.

-Rensuke and Xiumei's dating photos are revealed in a gossip magazine and many Regolith employee protests about this.

scattie

Post by scattie » Jun 1st, '10, 15:01

Oi oi feel like skipping Ep 4 now...no wonder Maemi chan's crying *pats pats* Ahh with how the story progress now, I could use a hug too Kazami san xDDDD

I think the script writer/director main idea is to present 3 likeable female leads that makes audience root for each one of them also at the same time, cheering on the other 2 female leads? That's why the production don't state which one of the 3 is the female lead right?

Maemi- bubbly, loyal, yasashi
Xiu Mei- hardworking, strong-willed, pretty
Yuzuki- cute spoiled brat, persistent

But out of those likeable characters, only Xiu Mei manage to pissed me still off lol I put it down to bad acting. I don't think language proficiency is the reason, come on, she's acting as someone who's not good with the language (that's a plus for her, no extra work to make it believable), she should focus on eye contact/facial expressions (something like Sae in Orange Days xD) But when she's modeling, she should make it more believable by acting a lil bit awkward here instead of posing like it's second nature to her given her background as Xiu Mei. She's just projected her character all wrong to me >_<

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Jun 1st, '10, 21:32

I like Lin Chi Ling. She is beautiful and seems nice. She seems to be working very hard too. But her portrayal of Xiu Mei piss me off. Xiu Mei is supposed to be an innocent, strong-willed girl but Lin Chi Ling portrays her "innocent" to be "childish". Xiu Mei is acting like a high school girl when things don't go her way, making face and pouting. She reminds me of Paris Hilton more than Yuzuki :whistling:

Lin Chi Ling is like an acting robot, she has no emotional connection with Xiu Mei and it shows. She just acts for each and every separate scene with no connection and character development. For example,
when Ming told her about other worker, Lin Chi Ling "thought" Xiu Mei should be angry, so she acted angry. When Xiu Mei told Kazami she will get back at Ren, Lin Chi Ling thought Xiu Mei should look cold, so she acted cold. Now when Xiu Mei went out on a date with Ren afterward, Lin Chi Ling "thought" Xiu Mei should act innocent so she just acted innocent with no trace of previous anger and manipulation. There should be a little bit of Xiu Mei's emotion in the previous scene to make us view her as a person. There was no connection between her scenes so there is no development and Lie Xiu Mei is nothing but a blank paper to me.

Acting asides, writing was also bad. I was so pissed at Xiu Mei in ep4 when
she didn't show up at the studio for the shoot. Come on...she is a 28 years old who have worked hard for all her life. She should know better than skipping a task just because she didn't feel up to it. Her work connects with other, especially Maemi, Tsuguo and Rina, whom she called friends. She's acting as a spoiled brat here and caused her "friends" trouble. This is different than when she ran away in Shanghai. None of her friends was effected by her action back then. At least have her come to the studio with broken heart so she couldn't convey "Regolith in Love" and have Maemi confronts her and later Rensuke. That would be more believable in my opinion and at least not making audiences hate Xiu Mei. I felt so bad for Maemi throughout the episode. She had to babysit this inconsiderate "innocent" girl and had to watch this girl be with the love of her life.

I was open to any pairing before the premier. Heck, I was even going to be fine with RenxKazami :mrgreen: But now I'm rooting for anyone to end up with Rensuke but Xiu Mei. How can I root for a blank paper over lovable Maemi, Yuzuki, Kazami, Tsuguo, and Rina?

akamaya

Post by akamaya » Jun 2nd, '10, 00:08

nnnc wrote: Come on...she is a 28 years old who have worked hard for all her life.
Interesting... she's 36 for real, is asked to act like 28 and manages to act like a teen (almost 'retarded', sorry... :glare: )
nnnc wrote:But now I'm rooting for anyone to end up with Rensuke but Xiu Mei. How can I root for a blank paper over lovable Maemi, Yuzuki, Kazami, Tsuguo, and Rina?
hahaha... he would deserve to end up with Tsugu-Tsugu! :w000t:

lvtk

Post by lvtk » Jun 2nd, '10, 01:52

I felt broken heart with Maemi.. I remember reading somewhere that this drama will make people want to love.. I wonder how since Maemi was with tear because of love..wonder..wonder.. really.

l0nEr

Post by l0nEr » Jun 2nd, '10, 04:13

I think Lin Chiling is hardworking and trying really hard to do well for this drama. But then again, sad to say, hard work does not equate (and never will) to results and quality work. And I must admit that there are probably quite a bit of plot holes over the Xiumei characters, such as the illogical things that she say and do. But i wouldnt be surprised if in the end, she turns out to be rather evil (and that everything is just an act as she has always insisted that she wants to revenge for the factory and etc) after Ren falls in love with him, but then changed back to supporting him after realising how much he loves her.

Same goes with Kazami, who sometimes act as though he might be the ultimate villain by betraying Ren in the end (such as encouraging Xiumei to be revengeful but not reveal the truth about her parents and etc), but then again acting as though he is completely loyal and supporting of Ren. Wouldnt be surprise if he turns evil in the end, afterall he likes Maemi, and hence Ren's love rival.

With regards to Maemi, im really in love with her character. I really hope she ends up with Ren by warming his heart, but then again Xiumei seems to be the main girl and Maemi to be sacrificed. Yuzuki is another cute and interesting character who somewhat is similar to Maemi, except for that she is being developed as a character that only has love and nothing else. Maemi's character is more developed. Considering the weak plot, wouldnt be surprised if Yuzuki just suddenly gives up on Ren and hope for the best for Ren and whoever.

Somehow the drama doesnt feel as though it will end within the next 3 episodes (i.e. total of 7) since there are so many things to complete. The scriptwriter seems more interested in trying to create a "smart, confusing" drama to captivate people rather than making it logical and interesting (probably reason for the diminishing popularity). With many things such as explaining Ren's past, changing Ren's management style and cold-hearted behavior, a real climax and difficult situation in the company, becoming the top furniture company, more Shanghai, and designing a happy ending for all the main casts, im looking for 10 episodes. Oh well, but then again the only thing that keeps me watching the drama is probably Kimura Takuya and Maemi. Perhaps its better to shorten it and savage the plot. cheers

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Jun 2nd, '10, 05:25

Lol, maybe Xiu Mei is such an amazing actress that she can act as if she really really really loves Rensuke in order to turn on him in the end. :whistling: But I agree about Lin Chi Ling's one-dimensional acting in that she doesn't fully become the character.

Anyone else think that Maemi is too old for Kazami? There's just something odd about that couple to me... :glare:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 2nd, '10, 05:52

Sakuya wrote:Anyone else think that Maemi is too old for Kazami? There's just something odd about that couple to me... :glare:
Hehe, yes of course, she's 10 years older than him :lol But I still think they look cute together^^
Maybe you just don't like older woman-younger man type of pairing? :roll

Although I usually think Shota's Chinese sounds weird, but in this particular scene:
I love when he said, "Ni zai zuo shen me(what are you doing)?". It sounded very gentle^^ I like how Kazami is always there for Maemi. (though he might have a different intention XD)

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Jun 2nd, '10, 05:56

yanie wrote: Although I usually think Shota's Chinese sounds weird, but in this particular scene:
I love when he said, "Ni zai zuo shen me(what are you doing)?". It sounded very gentle^^ I like how Kazami is always there for Maemi. (though he might have a different intention XD)
Maybe they will end up as a pair! I can't even hear Shota's Chinese clearly half the time. But his pronunciation of "Liu Xiu Mei" in episode 1 when they were showing off the model was perfect! XD

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 2nd, '10, 09:31

yanie wrote: Although I usually think Shota's Chinese sounds weird, but in this particular scene:
haha yea I was thinking the same thing. I don't know much mandarin, but that's about the only line I could understand his Chinese clearly and tone was good.

I think the writer is trying to create some tension in the drama by throwing in xiu mei but writing her character badly to make Maemi character shine? Dunno. I think any guy would be blind to pick xiu mei over Maemi. Rensuke even said it himself in a discreet way. "you don't need to worry". And tells Maemi "I want a new idea by today". It's like...don't worry your sweet head over it let Maemi with the brains do the work.

After ep4, I'm starting to root for Kazami + Maemi :wub: He's so sweet to her. He knows how to appreciate smart women.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 3rd, '10, 07:19

Summary of the first parts of the NOVEL :)
http://yanie02.livejournal.com/103891.html