[Discussion] Sunao ni Narenakute (Ueno Juri, Eita)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » Jun 5th, '10, 06:14

jasminech wrote:
misuzana wrote:
MiIiyah wrote:[
Interesting. I actually thought it is Kiriko's blood. We all know she is having trouble to accept and face reality. Nakaji rushing there whilst having this scared and worried look on his face made me think it is Kiriko. Peach, unlikely. She had her great suicide moment. She even had a miscarriage. I think her scenes with blood are done. Doctor would never try to kill Haru nor try to commit suicide. It's just not his character. We would have had gotten hints if Doctor really had this psycho-killer side. I'm sure it's either Kiriko or Linda since both have the most wrenching motives to commit suicide.
I agree with u ...i also think it's Kiriko ... the girl is nuts when it come to nakaji ... and the fact that she don't like whats going on between the two :P
Personally, I don't think it's Kiriko. The drama is set around the 5 twitter users so it makes sense for it to be one of them. In the first episode, Nakaji narrates (using Querbeet's translation, here): "Back then, we didn't know what real love was. Nor did we know that it could hurt someone this badly." Although this sort of applies to Kiriko, when Nakaji uses "we" I think he's referring to the twitter-ers and that the realisation came from "someone" they were all close to. This drama is meant to be about the relationships between these 5 people, not completely about Nakaji and his relationships.

That said, I'm guessing Linda too, but at the same time I'm hoping for someone else, just so it comes as a surprise haha.
I don't know how much of a surprise it would be when you have the 4 remaining characters with the exception of Nakaji and their motivations. I do agree that it will be one of the four due to the fact that it happens at Emo where they all first met is a clue. From what we know...

It happens after they go to the beach and we probably will know the identity by the end of the episode.How it leads up to it and how bad would things have to get for the characters to go there.

Peach has been willing to manipulate Nakaji to get his attention. That whole story to get him to meet her shows she's capable of deceit to get what she wants. I'm sure Nakaji will turn her down gently. (He's just been dumped by Kiriko and sorting his feelings for Haru) But will Peach take no for an answer?

Linda is the most selfless and tragic of the bunch. He's sacrificed and suffered the most for the sake of his friends. I just don't know if he would kill himself for Nakaji who he knows is straight. His life may be unraveling at work and home. We know he's been depressed and they all go to the beach to cheer him up. It would make sense he would contact Nakaji to say goodbye. But there's scene in the preview of episode 8 between Linda and Haru that wasn't shown when it aired where Linda tells Haru that he thinks that Haru and Nakaji would be good together. It gives me hope that he's going to be OK.

We know very little of Doctor outside of his sister. If this happen by episode 9, would he really try to kill himself if Haru turns down his proposal? That would be very selfish and I doubt he would do that to his sister or to Haru.

That being said, Linda seems to be suffering the most and the most sympathetic right now. He's also the linchpin and leader of the group. I don't know of that would be the case if it was Doctor or Peach. And Haru seems less likely give her student is in jail and Kiriko is out of the picture.
Last edited by condorjoe on Jun 5th, '10, 08:19, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 5th, '10, 07:20

Orion1986 wrote:Well, the series finally did it. It left me speechless... Meaning, it's just so bad that I don't even have the will/strength to talk about it. I'll try in short though...
Well, now I know what's happening... It seems every character is bipolar! NOW we understand! You see, these guys don't seem to have in-between,gray areas. They have normal and psycho mode and they just skip right from one to the other and back!

So, Nakaji flirts with everyone when drunk (apparently) and one part of him leads women on and the other is there to comfort them and kindly deny their advances after "Bad Nakaji" has gotten them in his web...

Haru is a smart and honest teacher by day and this weak head-over-heels for a moron and lying to herself and others by night person. Like a Superhero, but lame!

Peach, well.. Peach is my favorite in this bipolar mess. She's a dynamic and powerful lady who protects her friends and sticks it to the man when it's needed and then she suddenly looses aaaaall that self-respect and good strong attitude and becomes this weak needy girl for a guy she's known for a few weeks... And aaaall because he took her to the friggin' hospital. I'm surprised she hasn't fallen for every doctor and male nurse that ever treated her! Or strangers who hold the door for her! Boy, are those in danger of beeing sweet-eyed by her.

Doctor turns into a liar and even a crime fighting hero when need be, only to act like a mildly-autistic 5 year-old most of the time. Because it's very realistic for a man to act that way.

And Linda.. Wow... Linda is normal, though weak and pathetic, compared to these guys, but the way they are treating his character, even he looks weird. You CAN'T "forget" about a character for so many episodes and suddenly develop him in one go! It feels like they were sitting there:

"Oooh, we need to show some Nakaji/Haru stuff now! It's juicy! And then Peach and Doctor are making things complicated! Yeees! This love-square (not triangle) is sooo cool to do.... Oh.. are we forgetting something? HOLY!!! Linda! We forgot about Linda! Well, we haven't shown him in a while so let's suddenly show aaaaall of his developement in half an episode".

I mean, come on. It's not enough that the characters are so poor they can only exist in two states, but to ignore one for so long and then rush to "develop" him, his story and emotions in half an episode is ridiculous. They just don't feel real and you can't connect/sympathize with them.

The pacing is wrong, the music over-used and often just doesn't match the mood, the characters are flat out two-dimensional and the story is all over the place.

I don't mean to bash here, it might work for some viewers and it comes down to taste, but for my taste, it's just going from bad to worse. From now on, I'll have to leave my brain at the door and watch this with the same "maturity" and expectations as I watch Hollywood action blockbusters. Of course, blockbusters at least are done well and are fun. This doesn't even have that working for it.

Bring on the pain, I says. Especially for Nakaji. :rambo:
Well, I really didn't feel like writing much, but it so darn awful that my dislike gave me strength. Imagine just how much it's pissing me off to make me write so much. :lol
After watching Episode 8 (without subs, BTW), I'm finally starting to get what you're saying...
Seems like everyone in the drama refuses to be honest with themselves and with each other, choosing rather to be miserable instead... It's frustrating to watch now that we're 2/3 of the way through and there's pretty much zero progress/growth in any of these five people...

The ONLY saving grace are the encounters and banter between Haru and Nakaji... I look forward to their interactions more than anything else in this drama. Everything else is soap opera mush.

After seeing this episode, you've gotta think Linda is now the front runner in the "candidate for suicide" race... Maybe too obvious: another writer red herring?

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » Jun 5th, '10, 08:55

bmwracer wrote:
Orion1986 wrote:Well, the series finally did it. It left me speechless... Meaning, it's just so bad that I don't even have the will/strength to talk about it. I'll try in short though...
Well, now I know what's happening... It seems every character is bipolar! NOW we understand! You see, these guys don't seem to have in-between,gray areas. They have normal and psycho mode and they just skip right from one to the other and back!

So, Nakaji flirts with everyone when drunk (apparently) and one part of him leads women on and the other is there to comfort them and kindly deny their advances after "Bad Nakaji" has gotten them in his web...

Haru is a smart and honest teacher by day and this weak head-over-heels for a moron and lying to herself and others by night person. Like a Superhero, but lame!

Peach, well.. Peach is my favorite in this bipolar mess. She's a dynamic and powerful lady who protects her friends and sticks it to the man when it's needed and then she suddenly looses aaaaall that self-respect and good strong attitude and becomes this weak needy girl for a guy she's known for a few weeks... And aaaall because he took her to the friggin' hospital. I'm surprised she hasn't fallen for every doctor and male nurse that ever treated her! Or strangers who hold the door for her! Boy, are those in danger of beeing sweet-eyed by her.

Doctor turns into a liar and even a crime fighting hero when need be, only to act like a mildly-autistic 5 year-old most of the time. Because it's very realistic for a man to act that way.

And Linda.. Wow... Linda is normal, though weak and pathetic, compared to these guys, but the way they are treating his character, even he looks weird. You CAN'T "forget" about a character for so many episodes and suddenly develop him in one go! It feels like they were sitting there:

"Oooh, we need to show some Nakaji/Haru stuff now! It's juicy! And then Peach and Doctor are making things complicated! Yeees! This love-square (not triangle) is sooo cool to do.... Oh.. are we forgetting something? HOLY!!! Linda! We forgot about Linda! Well, we haven't shown him in a while so let's suddenly show aaaaall of his developement in half an episode".

I mean, come on. It's not enough that the characters are so poor they can only exist in two states, but to ignore one for so long and then rush to "develop" him, his story and emotions in half an episode is ridiculous. They just don't feel real and you can't connect/sympathize with them.

The pacing is wrong, the music over-used and often just doesn't match the mood, the characters are flat out two-dimensional and the story is all over the place.

I don't mean to bash here, it might work for some viewers and it comes down to taste, but for my taste, it's just going from bad to worse. From now on, I'll have to leave my brain at the door and watch this with the same "maturity" and expectations as I watch Hollywood action blockbusters. Of course, blockbusters at least are done well and are fun. This doesn't even have that working for it.

Well, I really didn't feel like writing much, but it so darn awful that my dislike gave me strength. Imagine just how much it's pissing me off to make me write so much. :lol
After watching Episode 8 (without subs, BTW), I'm finally starting to get what you're saying...
Seems like everyone in the drama refuses to be honest with themselves and with each other, choosing rather to be miserable instead... It's frustrating to watch now that we're 2/3 of the way through and there's pretty much zero progress/growth in any of these five people...

The ONLY saving grace are the encounters and banter between Haru and Nakaji... I look forward to their interactions more than anything else in this drama. Everything else is soap opera mush.

After seeing this episode, you've gotta think Linda is now the front runner in the "candidate for suicide" race... Maybe too obvious: another writer red herring?
If you wanted to see the writers go more in depth with the supporting characters, well you're going to be sorely disappointed anyways. The main driving force of the drama was always the Nakaji/Haru relationship and all the other characters had a supporting role to play in relation to that. The focus has always been about the love and friendship between the two leads and how it affects their lives and others around them. If you're not a fan of Nakaji/Haru, again... you are screwed.

Then again, I don't know what kind of growth or progress you're looking for in regards to character development. If you were hoping them go more in depth with Doctor, Peach, and Linda, well sorry you wasted your time but thank you for giving up 8 hours of your life that you will never get back.

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jun 5th, '10, 09:55

condorjoe wrote:
jasminech wrote:
misuzana wrote:
I agree with u ...i also think it's Kiriko ... the girl is nuts when it come to nakaji ... and the fact that she don't like whats going on between the two :P
Personally, I don't think it's Kiriko. The drama is set around the 5 twitter users so it makes sense for it to be one of them. In the first episode, Nakaji narrates (using Querbeet's translation, here): "Back then, we didn't know what real love was. Nor did we know that it could hurt someone this badly." Although this sort of applies to Kiriko, when Nakaji uses "we" I think he's referring to the twitter-ers and that the realisation came from "someone" they were all close to. This drama is meant to be about the relationships between these 5 people, not completely about Nakaji and his relationships.

That said, I'm guessing Linda too, but at the same time I'm hoping for someone else, just so it comes as a surprise haha.
I don't know how much of a surprise it would be when you have the 4 remaining characters with the exception of Nakaji and their motivations. I do agree that it will be one of the four due to the fact that it happens at Emo where they all first met is a clue. From what we know...

It happens after they go to the beach and we probably will know the identity by the end of the episode.How it leads up to it and how bad would things have to get for the characters to go there.

Peach has been willing to manipulate Nakaji to get his attention. That whole story to get him to meet her shows she's capable of deceit to get what she wants. I'm sure Nakaji will turn her down gently. (He's just been dumped by Kiriko and sorting his feelings for Haru) But will Peach take no for an answer?

Linda is the most selfless and tragic of the bunch. He's sacrificed and suffered the most for the sake of his friends. I just don't know if he would kill himself for Nakaji who he knows is straight. His life may be unraveling at work and home. We know he's been depressed and they all go to the beach to cheer him up. It would make sense he would contact Nakaji to say goodbye. But there's scene in the preview of episode 8 between Linda and Haru that wasn't shown when it aired where Linda tells Haru that he thinks that Haru and Nakaji would be good together. It gives me hope that he's going to be OK.

We know very little of Doctor outside of his sister. If this happen by episode 9, would he really try to kill himself if Haru turns down his proposal? That would be very selfish and I doubt he would do that to his sister or to Haru.

That being said, Linda seems to be suffering the most and the most sympathetic right now. He's also the linchpin and leader of the group. I don't know of that would be the case if it was Doctor or Peach. And Haru seems less likely give her student is in jail and Kiriko is out of the picture.
After reading your post, especially the part about Peach, I feel like it's Peach instead of Kiriko. As someone has mentioned it before, Kiriko is pretty much out of the picture (for now).

To me, Peach seems to be the most vulnerable one. She knows how Haru feels about Nakaji and she also knows how Haru feels about Doctor, and yet she decides to risk her friendship with her to get close to Nakaji. She might develop guilt and realize how low it was of her. Nakaji rejects her, Haru is angry with her, Doctor is in love with Haru, Linda...well, she knows he is gay. She realizes how lonely she is, nobody to turn to, and additionally the guilt is eating her soul. This might lead to suicide. Another theory is that Peach did something to herself what caused the miscarriage. Why did she call Nakaji? Why not Haru? I'm sure she caused the miscarriage to receive sympathy from Nakaji. Just to get close to him.

Linda, has a strong motive, too. Like you say, he has sacrificed the most. He slept with the Director for Nakaji's sake. He is living an unrequited love and we all can see how much it pains him. For Doctor, he decided to lie even more to himself. We know how much he just wants to tell everybody he is gay, but he can't. Apart from Peach, nobody can find out. He is storing all this emotion, pain inside a box. And a box doesn't have unlimited space. It might escalate and lead to suicide.

So yah, I think it's either Peach or Linda, although I'm tending to believe it will be Linda.

Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter » Jun 5th, '10, 13:52

Wow. I've been following this series from the beginning. Whilst I wouldn't say it's the best drama ever it has kept me engaged. Although episodes 6 & 7 seemed to drag, and I'm disappointed with how certain things panned out (or didn't pan out, as the case may be), episode 8 picked up for me.

As to the great questions as to who is behind the door...
Like many, I think Linda is a likely candidate. Assuming it is indeed a suicide attempt and assuming it is one of the five (four, excluding Nakaji).
I also think from a meta point of view that Peach would be too obvious.
I think Doctor is too strong to commit suicide. If something caused him to go off the deep end I could imagine him lashing out at others, but not harming himself.
Could it be Haru behind the door? Now that would be shocking. But like Doctor, I just don’t see her harming herself.
Nakaji would be a good candidate himself but obviously that is not the case as he’s the one banging on the door.
So of the four, I think Linda is the most likely to be behind the door. He’s been in the background a lot and his support is taken for granted. None of the other characters really know anything about him – they’re all too busy with themselves and each other. (And by ‘each other’ I mean Nakaji. This series should be called “Everyone loves Nakaji”! Except Doctor. But even he is preoccupied by thoughts of jealousy and insecurity related to Nakaji’s presence.) He’s been suffering by himself for a long time. He’s the only one who doesn’t really have anyone else to turn to or anyone to even just talk with – Doctor has his sister or Haru, Nakaji and Haru have each other, Haru also has her family, Peach has Haru or Nakaji or even Linda (she would unload her worries on him but he has not confided in her). In fact, it seems Linda has not been able to confide in any of them. He’s introverted. Whilst the others all started using Twitter to have their voice heard he started it for a project into human relationships and the internet. His relationship with his family is also strained. Whilst we overtly saw at the start of the series that Doctor was struggling with his inability to meet sales expectations at his work – we’ve also seen throughout that Linda is unable to meet various expectations at work and at home.

Putting drama-land aside, one would expect some form of underlying depression to accompany a suicide attempt, no matter what Nakaji’s opening monologue might have claimed about the pains of love. The fact Nakaji seems to know where the person is – most likely because of a message he received via Twitter – suggests the person is seeking attention and is also probably crying for help. Peach's earlier attempt follows this pattern.

I seem to recall reading a translated blog post by the production team that the blood under the door is not what people think it is… And now I'm going around in circles! Ahahahaha. Ok, point loss. But it got me thinking...

As an aside, am I the only one to find Haru’s feelings for Doctor and their relationship to be completely understandable and very believable?

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 5th, '10, 15:12

condorjoe wrote:
bmwracer wrote:

If you wanted to see the writers go more in depth with the supporting characters, well you're going to be sorely disappointed anyways. The main driving force of the drama was always the Nakaji/Haru relationship and all the other characters had a supporting role to play in relation to that. The focus has always been about the love and friendship between the two leads and how it affects their lives and others around them. If you're not a fan of Nakaji/Haru, again... you are screwed.

Then again, I don't know what kind of growth or progress you're looking for in regards to character development. If you were hoping them go more in depth with Doctor, Peach, and Linda, well sorry you wasted your time but thank you for giving up 8 hours of your life that you will never get back.
In regards to progress, I would've hoped that some of these issues would begin to get resolved... At least show some glimmer of light... But instead, they seem to be spiraling deeper into an abyss. It would be really contrived to have everything get resolved in the last episode, but it seems to be going in that direction.

That said, I never said the drama was a waste of my time: As I mentioned previously, the saving grace is the Haru-Nakaji relationship... It's very heartfelt and engaging, thanks to the actors fine performances... Those two actors always seem to rise above the material and make anything watchable. :)

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » Jun 5th, '10, 17:59

That's where you lost me. The whole story is told in flashback that leads up to that one bad day. Remember, we really still don't know who it is and this was established in the first episode so there goes your glimmer of light. :roll

In regards to these issues, I'm still not sure what you're talking about. Can you cite specific examples relating to the main characters? I'm trying to get a grasp what those are.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jun 5th, '10, 18:24

We all have our opinions about the suicide situation :hissy: but how many of you think that Nakaji will end up with Haru in the end. I havent watch much of their work together but I think I've read somewhere here that they usually just end up as friends in the ending of the dramas. What do you think?

So far I think that their relationship will end up light. Like they will express their feelings but thats it...no big kiss and I cant live without you stuff. :cussing:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 5th, '10, 19:51

I don't think they'll be together. Haru just got a little crush cause she's never had a guy interested in her and he kissed her. He also has the right balance of paying attention to her and ignoring her. Women don't like guys like Doctor who are always around them like puppies. Many women are very masochistic, in that, we want men to sometimes ignore us or be tough cause we think that makes them manlier. A misguided, but common idea. Not a fan of that, personally. If he won't pay attention to me, someone else will. Lol.

As for what I expected from this series, sure, I knew the other characters wouldn't be payed as much attention as Nakaji and Haru and that's what I wanted, BUT I expected Nakaji and Haru's relationship and characters to be very well developed indeed. So far, save for the great performances which are a saving grace in this show, their characters really haven't gone anywhere. I see a guy who likes to hit on any female around him when he's in the mood and only starts "loving" Haru after he's been dumped by Kiriko and I see a woman who fell for the first guy to give her a little peck that's stuck on him like an idiot just cause he's a "cool bad boy" type.

The characters are shallow and their "love" is superficial. This "romance" might impress people who know nothing about mature relationships or love and emotional bonding, but to anyone who knows how people really love each other, it just feels very cheap. A guy who wants to date a cute girl on a rebound thing and a girl who got a crush on some cute guy that kissed her and told her a few kind words and showed her his pictures.

I would feel ok about "sacrificing" developement for the other characters if the main couple was awesome. Here, however, everyone seems weak, shallow and flawed, save for Linda who is the only one to remain the same and not suddenly change into his doppelganger like the others are doing.

I don't think I've waisted my time with the series as any experience and knowledge makes our lives richer, but what it will leave me with is just a "what not to do with ensemble cast and relationship/human oriented series" kind of list. It has some good points, but it's mainly about how you can have a good cast and good starting story and make a complete mess out of it. It takes "talent" to ruin something with such good foundations to it so badly. :P

Again, it's just my personal opinion based on what I look for in a drama and what I expected this (with this cast and story) to be. :notworthy:

bellenomura

Post by bellenomura » Jun 6th, '10, 09:40

Orion1986 wrote:I don't think they'll be together.
Eh??? You really think so? I always thought that Haru will end up with Nakaji no matter what coz...well...in most dramas, the heroine always ends up with the hero. *gets kicked for the lame excuse* xD

Whatever it may be, I'm fine if Haru ends up with either Nakaji or Doctor. Both are good guys. I just hope that the ending would be really something. OMG, only three more episodes to go! o_O

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 6th, '10, 09:53

Orion1986 wrote:Many women are very masochistic, in that, we want men to sometimes ignore us or be tough cause we think that makes them manlier. A misguided, but common idea. Not a fan of that, personally. If he won't pay attention to me, someone else will. Lol.
Oh, Orion, you foxy, foxy... lady. :rofl:

Hmm, from what I see in every episode, I guess I know the ending. Please forgive me if it doesn't match your expectations.
You know about the case of 7 (or 8, I don't remember) young Japanese who met online and committed suicide together in the car few years back?
This is my ending for the drama.

lissamae

Post by lissamae » Jun 6th, '10, 13:21

bellenomura wrote:
Orion1986 wrote:I don't think they'll be together.
Eh??? You really think so? I always thought that Haru will end up with Nakaji no matter what coz...well...in most dramas, the heroine always ends up with the hero. *gets kicked for the lame excuse* xD
I feel like more dramas end up with the main characters "deeply bonded" yet not really together. It seems like writers are often attempting to teach some "life lesson" about society or self-reflection more than love. ( not saying they are effective, but that seems to be the style)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 6th, '10, 15:43

True. It may go like that. Although if they think we'll believe these numbskulls managed to "bond" for life with this mess they've created, they got another thing coming. :rofl:

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » Jun 6th, '10, 18:37

bellenomura wrote:

Whatever it may be, I'm fine if Haru ends up with either Nakaji or Doctor. Both are good guys. I just hope that the ending would be really something. OMG, only three more episodes to go! o_O
Too much crazy talk. Emphasis on the crazy. :roll Yeah, Haru and Nakaji will be together in the end. It's just the question of how. This isn't rocket science and overanalyzing this series will lead to nowhere. Usually the climax in japanese dramas will start by the end of 9th episode leading up with the 10th and 11th wrapping up the story. In this case, story A and B will be Haru's proposal and the suicide attempt discovered by Nakaji.

You're right that these kinds of dramas tend to be formulaic but that's hardly surprising. The key will be their handling of it. If you want to have an idea of what to expect, you have to watch some of Kitagawa's past works.

bowies

Post by bowies » Jun 6th, '10, 21:36

well this is a little intermezzo guys.
someone posted at this topic that eita is now engaged to kimura kaela.
but i just saw it on dramawiki that he is married to kaela.
i wonder what is the real fact :D

heyheywho

Post by heyheywho » Jun 7th, '10, 00:50

To be perfectly honest (and shallow), the only thing I'm looking forward to is
their trip to the beach, at least then I'd see Doctor, Nakaji and Rinda's half-naked bodies. I also heard that there would be a sauna scene somewhere in the future episodes, another thing I'm very excited about... lol. *sigh* I pretty much gave up on the series' plot and how the characters will end up, I'll just leave my brain somewhere safe and let my fangirl-y heart have its fill. Thank goodness for the hot actors. I'm also thankful to this series because I found out about Jaejoong, and found out about DBSK, and found out about Junsu who is the most adorable creature in the planet, newborn babies and puppies included.

Back to the series, all I can say is good luck to Nakaji and his coughharemcough twitter friends. I most certainly am sure that he will end up with one of them. xD

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 7th, '10, 01:00

Lol. My feelings exactly. Lock your brain to keep it safe and just enjoy some fangirl eye-candy. I'll be doing that from now on as well. :lol

bellenomura

Post by bellenomura » Jun 7th, '10, 17:57

condorjoe wrote:You're right that these kinds of dramas tend to be formulaic but that's hardly surprising. The key will be their handling of it. If you want to have an idea of what to expect, you have to watch some of Kitagawa's past works.
Well, among Kitagawa's previous works, I've only seen Long Vacation, Beautiful Life, and Over Time. A few people say this drama is similar to Orange Days and...maybe Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi, and I have yet to watch those two. Therefore I'm not really sure what to expect. Hahaha...
heyheywho wrote:To be perfectly honest (and shallow), the only thing I'm looking forward to is
their trip to the beach, at least then I'd see Doctor, Nakaji and Rinda's half-naked bodies. I also heard that there would be a sauna scene somewhere in the future episodes, another thing I'm very excited about... lol. *sigh* I pretty much gave up on the series' plot and how the characters will end up, I'll just leave my brain somewhere safe and let my fangirl-y heart have its fill. Thank goodness for the hot actors. I'm also thankful to this series because I found out about Jaejoong, and found out about DBSK, and found out about Junsu who is the most adorable creature in the planet, newborn babies and puppies included.

Back to the series, all I can say is good luck to Nakaji and his coughharemcough twitter friends. I most certainly am sure that he will end up with one of them. xD
LOL. Harem. xD
Are you sure that you're only looking forward to that beach trip & the hot actors in the drama? I personally like this drama better than Long Vacation. Fufufu. (but yeah, everyone has different taste)
I guess the mixture of light hearted, warm atmosphere, reality, and a little bit of bizarre and darkness in the drama seems attractive to me.

By the way,
I don't think we'll get to see the three guys have naked bodies all in one scene. I mean, if it's Nakaji and Linda, no problem, but I wonder if we'll see Doctor's coz they'll have to do something about Jaejoong's multiple tattoos. :sweat: Well, unless they can figure out a way to cover them, I don't think it'll happen. But I may be wrong. Kitagawa did mention that she was trying to find a way to give fanservice. *rolls around the floor laughing*

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » Jun 7th, '10, 20:07

bellenomura wrote:
condorjoe wrote:You're right that these kinds of dramas tend to be formulaic but that's hardly surprising. The key will be their handling of it. If you want to have an idea of what to expect, you have to watch some of Kitagawa's past works.
Well, among Kitagawa's previous works, I've only seen Long Vacation, Beautiful Life, and Over Time. A few people say this drama is similar to Orange Days and...maybe Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi, and I have yet to watch those two. Therefore I'm not really sure what to expect. Hahaha...
I would say the similarities are superficial at best. Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi is a lot darker in tone and is more of a suspense thriller. Its only similarity IMO is the pace of how the story unfolds. Orange Days is probably similar in that it's about 5 young people struggling to make it as adults. The only thing I would suggest is just go the ride. It might be a good thing to not to know what to expect. LOL.

heyheywho

Post by heyheywho » Jun 8th, '10, 03:34

bellenomura wrote:
LOL. Harem. xD
Are you sure that you're only looking forward to that beach trip & the hot actors in the drama? I personally like this drama better than Long Vacation. Fufufu. (but yeah, everyone has different taste)
I guess the mixture of light hearted, warm atmosphere, reality, and a little bit of bizarre and darkness in the drama seems attractive to me.

By the way,
I don't think we'll get to see the three guys have naked bodies all in one scene. I mean, if it's Nakaji and Linda, no problem, but I wonder if we'll see Doctor's coz they'll have to do something about Jaejoong's multiple tattoos. :sweat: Well, unless they can figure out a way to cover them, I don't think it'll happen. But I may be wrong. Kitagawa did mention that she was trying to find a way to give fanservice. *rolls around the floor laughing*

Oooh! Doctor has tattoos? :Q *googles*

Holy %^$$%#*( sweetness of flesh, those are the SMEXIEST tattoos ever. The fact that he branded himself with his band's name is just effing hot. Much respect to the Doc, lol. IDoes he have any other tattoos aside from this? Haha, I'm a new fan of his group thanks to this drama xD

I like this series, really, but I had hoped that it would have a more properly woven story. As it turns out, the characters have interesting issues, the plot is very interesting, the actors very good; but! My big "but" is: the characters are not progressing, hence the story, for me, is not going anywhere too. It seems to me that the 5 main characters are trapped within themselves, and instead of trying to find a way out , they find comfort in wallowing. I think that word is the best way to describe it. Them Sunanare-kai peeps like to wallow. They don't seem to need answers, they don't need solutions, they don't need a way out. They just want to indulge in the drama that is their life.

I'm sorry I know I sound like I'm bashing the series, but it isn't like that at all. xD It's just that when I watch a good drama there is always one (or two or more) character that I can relate to, or sympathize with. I see this character suffering and struggling hard to find a betterment of something, and I pity him/her. Next to pity comes empathy. I relate to what this character is enduring, and I hope for his/her situation to progress. Then comes progress.This character does something, thinks of a clever solution, commits himself/herself to change, and in doing so becomes a new person, or at least is seen in a different light. When this happens, I get that sense of satisfaction, like I had something to do with this character's growth.

I don't feel anything of that sort in this drama. The closest I can sympathize with is the Doctor, but even then I think he's too much of a wimp to win over Haru's affections. Nakaji is just too ...greasy for my liking. He's not at all greasy, but that in itself make it seem like he is greasy. Lol. Oops you know what I'm gonna stop now lol. I'm ranting again xD

bellenomura

Post by bellenomura » Jun 8th, '10, 05:17

condorjoe wrote:I would say the similarities are superficial at best. Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi is a lot darker in tone and is more of a suspense thriller. Its only similarity IMO is the pace of how the story unfolds. Orange Days is probably similar in that it's about 5 young people struggling to make it as adults. The only thing I would suggest is just go the ride. It might be a good thing to not to know what to expect. LOL.
Yup. DEFINITELY. :lol
I noticed that if I expect something too much, I end up disappointed, but when I just go with the flow, I find that it is actually pretty good or likable.

It might not be a good idea to check Orange Days now, but I guess I might go check it out after Sunao ends. :mrgreen:
Mad Hatter wrote:
As an aside, am I the only one to find Haru’s feelings for Doctor and their relationship to be completely understandable and very believable?
You're not the only one. At least, I started to think like that too after watching episode 8. ^^
heyheywho wrote:
bellenomura wrote:
LOL. Harem. xD

By the way,
I don't think we'll get to see the three guys half naked bodies all in one scene. I mean, if it's Nakaji and Linda, no problem, but I wonder if we'll see Doctor's coz they'll have to do something about Jaejoong's multiple tattoos. :sweat: Well, unless they can figure out a way to cover them, I don't think it'll happen. But I may be wrong. Kitagawa did mention that she was trying to find a way to give fanservice. *rolls around the floor laughing*

Oooh! Doctor has tattoos? :Q *googles*

Holy %^$$%#*( sweetness of flesh, those are the SMEXIEST tattoos ever. The fact that he branded himself with his band's name is just effing hot. Much respect to the Doc, lol. IDoes he have any other tattoos aside from this? Haha, I'm a new fan of his group thanks to this drama xD

I like this series, really, but I had hoped that it would have a more properly woven story. As it turns out, the characters have interesting issues, the plot is very interesting, the actors very good; but! My big "but" is: the characters are not progressing, hence the story, for me, is not going anywhere too. It seems to me that the 5 main characters are trapped within themselves, and instead of trying to find a way out , they find comfort in wallowing. I think that word is the best way to describe it. Them Sunanare-kai peeps like to wallow. They don't seem to need answers, they don't need solutions, they don't need a way out. They just want to indulge in the drama that is their life.

I'm sorry I know I sound like I'm bashing the series, but it isn't like that at all. xD It's just that when I watch a good drama there is always one (or two or more) character that I can relate to, or sympathize with. I see this character suffering and struggling hard to find a betterment of something, and I pity him/her. Next to pity comes empathy. I relate to what this character is enduring, and I hope for his/her situation to progress. Then comes progress.This character does something, thinks of a clever solution, commits himself/herself to change, and in doing so becomes a new person, or at least is seen in a different light. When this happens, I get that sense of satisfaction, like I had something to do with this character's growth.

I don't feel anything of that sort in this drama. The closest I can sympathize with is the Doctor, but even then I think he's too much of a wimp to win over Haru's affections. Nakaji is just too ...greasy for my liking. He's not at all greasy, but that in itself make it seem like he is greasy. Lol. Oops you know what I'm gonna stop now lol. I'm ranting again xD
As much as I like the drama, I do agree with basically almost everything you've said about how the story is going. However, this is what happens out of expectations; the drama has good actors, good scriptwriter, and has a potential plot; therefore it's only natural to have high expectations (which in fact can lead to over-expectations) of how the story and characters develop. One thing that was unexpected for me is that how the drama focuses too much on love/personal feelings instead of friendship/relationships between the characters.

I've had my share of disappointment earlier, but I stopped expecting anything from episode 6, and like condorjoe said up there, I just go with the ride, and from there I find myself loving the series again. xD
The only thing I hope for now is that the scriptwriter and producers don't butcher the ending or else I might find myself hating this series for life for wasting my time. *prays*

If I had to choose one character I sympathize the most, it would be Linda. His character seems the most believable to me compared to the other four, especially Peach. For Doctor, finally we have a glimpse of his deeper side of the story in episode 8, and it looks like it's going to be further unfold in the next episode.

Speaking of Doctor, about Jaejoong's tattoo...
Image Image Image
This dude is pretty obsessed with tattoos and piercings (about 8 piercings on each ear plus nipple and belly piercing. What next?). :sweat:
Fans actually notice that he added another tattoo on his left chest above the one that wrote "Always Keep The Faith", but that tattoo was never revealed to the public.
I personally am not a fan of tattoos, but his tattoos are full of meaningful quotes ("Hope To The End", "Always Keep The Faith"...etc), so I like them. ^_^
Now do you understand why I don't think Doc will have a half naked body scene? They'll need a f*** load of make-up to be able to cover that up. xD
(New fan of his group? Welcome! *glomps* Just one warning though; do not fall too hard for them or else you'll end up crying like the rest of us due to their tough situation right now :cry:)

I shall stop rambling too. xD

lissamae

Post by lissamae » Jun 8th, '10, 13:25

bellenomura - I think Orange Days is worth checking out. It was the drama that got me hooked on J-dramas, so maybe I am biased, but having watched dozens (hundreds?) since, I still feel it was really well written.

As for Sunao - In reference to the title, Linda and Nakaji seem to have the hardest time being truthful
for example: Haru has expressed feelings for Nakaji, even though she is dating Doctor, Peach flat out told Nakaji and Haru she wants Nakaji. Doctor has professed his love for Haru straight out.

Only Linda and Nakaji hold out 100%. Noone knows about Linda's boss problems, attraction to Nakaji, or his arrange-marriage meeting. Nakai ji has realized he has feelings for Haru, but when the moment to express it came, he wimped out and said he was joking.
I hope when this drama is over, at least the main characters have let out their secrets.
3 more eps. to go........

bérangère

Post by bérangère » Jun 8th, '10, 13:43

bellenomura wrote: Well, among Kitagawa's previous works, I've only seen Long Vacation, Beautiful Life, and Over Time. A few people say this drama is similar to Orange Days and...maybe Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi, and I have yet to watch those two. Therefore I'm not really sure what to expect. Hahaha...
I'd rather say it is similar to asunaro hakusho : a girl falls in love at first sight with a guy, and in fact the guy just kisses her some day out of the blue, so she thinks that's quite a reciprocal feeling. But this guy already has a girlfriend (and a pretty rough one, would not want to get involved in a fight with her...), they've been dating for ages and have a sort of "destiny" relationship. In fact this guy has a tough background, and a really hard to handle parent...
But ! There is also this other guy, who falls in love at first sight with the girl we talked about before. He knows his love is not mutual but he confesses. To calm down the game between all those hot-minded youngs, there are still two other characters, a guy and a girl. But... in fact those two are also in love with the first guy !
One day the first girl is tired to wait for the first guy, and realizes the second guy has always been there for her... so she starts dating him.
Oh, and they formed a university circle called "Asunaro kai"

Reminds you of anything ? Some scenes of sunare are exactly the same as the ones in asunaro as for example when Doctor wants to kiss Haru at the station and she refuses saying "Everybody's watching !" Same scene, same dialogues... same author, 17 years ago... wow.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 8th, '10, 15:24

Haru staring at a tree with an arm, carrying a briefcase. :lol

bellenomura

Post by bellenomura » Jun 9th, '10, 00:23

lissamae wrote:bellenomura - I think Orange Days is worth checking out. It was the drama that got me hooked on J-dramas, so maybe I am biased, but having watched dozens (hundreds?) since, I still feel it was really well written.

As for Sunao - In reference to the title, Linda and Nakaji seem to have the hardest time being truthful
for example: Haru has expressed feelings for Nakaji, even though she is dating Doctor, Peach flat out told Nakaji and Haru she wants Nakaji. Doctor has professed his love for Haru straight out.

Only Linda and Nakaji hold out 100%. Noone knows about Linda's boss problems, attraction to Nakaji, or his arrange-marriage meeting. Nakai ji has realized he has feelings for Haru, but when the moment to express it came, he wimped out and said he was joking.
I hope when this drama is over, at least the main characters have let out their secrets.
3 more eps. to go........
Ah, is that so? In that case, I'm most probably am gonna check it out after Sunao then. Thanx for the recommendation. xD I've already read the synopsis of the drama and yes, I do find it very interesting.

About Sunao,
Actually Haru's having a hard time being honest too. I think anybody can tell she still really likes Nakaji. It's just that right now she's trying to get over him and trying to make her relationship with Doctor work.

Linda would probably be the only one that his friends are completely oblivious about. They absolutely know nothing about his troubles. Poor Linda...:-(
Yea, only three more eppy to go~ (LOL it sounds like I'm doing a count down)

bérangère wrote:
bellenomura wrote: Well, among Kitagawa's previous works, I've only seen Long Vacation, Beautiful Life, and Over Time. A few people say this drama is similar to Orange Days and...maybe Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi, and I have yet to watch those two. Therefore I'm not really sure what to expect. Hahaha...
I'd rather say it is similar to asunaro hakusho : a girl falls in love at first sight with a guy, and in fact the guy just kisses her some day out of the blue, so she thinks that's quite a reciprocal feeling. But this guy already has a girlfriend (and a pretty rough one, would not want to get involved in a fight with her...), they've been dating for ages and have a sort of "destiny" relationship. In fact this guy has a tough background, and a really hard to handle parent...
But ! There is also this other guy, who falls in love at first sight with the girl we talked about before. He knows his love is not mutual but he confesses. To calm down the game between all those hot-minded youngs, there are still two other characters, a guy and a girl. But... in fact those two are also in love with the first guy !
One day the first girl is tired to wait for the first guy, and realizes the second guy has always been there for her... so she starts dating him.
Oh, and they formed a university circle called "Asunaro kai"

Reminds you of anything ? Some scenes of sunare are exactly the same as the ones in asunaro as for example when Doctor wants to kiss Haru at the station and she refuses saying "Everybody's watching !" Same scene, same dialogues... same author, 17 years ago... wow.
O_O
Would you call that 'similar plots'? I thought it could be described as 'recycled plots'. *gets kicked by Kitagawa* xD

But wow...And no, I never really knew about Asunaro Hakusho in detail. Thanx for the info. xD
Can I ask you something?
I read the synopsis for that said drama, and it said one of the three boys died. His name is Junichiro? Is he the male character that fell in love with the hero?
And one more thing, did the lead girl (is it Narumi or Saeki?) end up with the hero or the 2nd hero?

LOL. I'm having the assumption that we might be able to predict Sunao's upcoming episodes if Kitagawa really is recycling the plots. Nan chatte. :mrgreen:
[/spoiler]

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » Jun 9th, '10, 02:55

bellenomura wrote:
LOL. I'm having the assumption that we might be able to predict Sunao's upcoming episodes if Kitagawa really is recycling the plots. Nan chatte. :mrgreen: [/spoiler]
I don't know if she's recycling the same plots. There are similarities but I wouldn't say the plot lines are exactly the same cuz they're not. I haven't seen this drama either and I think that's a good thing because I wouldn't want to have that kind of baggage while watching Sunao. Maybe I'll watch it later after Sunao for kicks but from what I read about it, I can still watch Sunao as a standalone story and not a rehash. If you ask me, I think you're lucky if you haven't watched it either.
Last edited by condorjoe on Jun 9th, '10, 05:40, edited 1 time in total.

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » Jun 9th, '10, 03:21

bellenomura wrote:
About Sunao,
Actually Haru's having a hard time being honest too. I think anybody can tell she still really likes Nakaji. It's just that right now she's trying to get over him and trying to make her relationship with Doctor work.

Linda would probably be the only one that his friends are completely oblivious about. They absolutely know nothing about his troubles. Poor Linda...:-(
I think that her love for Nakaji was the worst-kept secret amongst the bunch. The thing with Haru is that she was already uneasy being with Doctor but did Peach liking Nakaji the thing that finally made her move forward with Doctor? It's not like Nakaji likes Peach the same way and the issues with Doctor are still there.

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » Jun 9th, '10, 03:26

bérangère wrote: Reminds you of anything ? Some scenes of sunare are exactly the same as the ones in asunaro as for example when Doctor wants to kiss Haru at the station and she refuses saying "Everybody's watching !" Same scene, same dialogues... same author, 17 years ago... wow.
You called it. Was thinking the same thing-- about how the major plot points run exactly as those in Asunaro Hakusho. I guess the only difference this time is that the five characters tweet each other. And if indeed, things run the same course, then we can pretty much expect the main couple to end up together and for one of the five to die (or in this case, have a close call)... unless Kitagawa Eriko suddenly realizes that we're on to her and decides to pull a fast one on us. :P
Last edited by zooey on Jun 9th, '10, 07:40, edited 1 time in total.

bérangère

Post by bérangère » Jun 9th, '10, 07:03

bellenomura wrote: Can I ask you something?
I read the synopsis for that said drama, and it said one of the three boys died. His name is Junichiro? Is he the male character that fell in love with the hero?
And one more thing, did the lead girl (is it Narumi or Saeki?) end up with the hero or the 2nd hero?

LOL. I'm having the assumption that we might be able to predict Sunao's upcoming episodes if Kitagawa really is recycling the plots. Nan chatte. :mrgreen:
Major spoilers about asunaro hakusho :
The boy who dies is the one who is in love with the hero. This is not a suicide but... an "accident caused majorly by a feeling of guilt", some psychologist may want to call it an acte manqué.
The lead girl is Narumi, and after a lot of struggles, she is finally reunited with the hero in the last episode. In fact, the "second boy", Toride, let her go because he understands, not that she is not in love with him, that he knew from the begining, but that she will never be happy that way. So he breaks up and leave for... Kenya. Or Togo. Well, far far away ^__^. But even if he let her go, it takes *several years* before the end of the story and the final reunion.
I liked that drama a lot. In fact, far more than Sunare, where I have a feeling of incompletion concerning the characters' developpement. And the bond of friendship between all the characters was really well painted, and I have a bias for dramas about friendship.
But... well it's a 90's drama so it may not be everybody's cup of tea...

Outside

Post by Outside » Jun 10th, '10, 03:28

Some pics from the upcoming episode!

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 10th, '10, 07:11

^ thanks for the pics ^^

after watching ep8
Nakaji was THIS close to confess to Haru!!!~ oh but he has to spoil it by that crappy excuse of it being a joke, which isn't funny at all. And if he has gone with it, I'm sure Haru would've dumped Doc right away.

I'm liking Doc from previous eps but ep8 kinda showed how insecure and selfish he is. The moment he told Haru " I'm don't want you to go back tonight" was the turnoff for me. It's like forcing her to be with him, that's just wrong.

And Peach...I'm totally speechless with the whole 'everyone liking Nakaji' theme. It's getting on my nerves. :scratch: And it's just making Nakaji seem like this flirtish character who hooks up with everyone else in the show. (except for Doc and Linda).

And for the first time ever, I really pity Linda in this episode. He's been keeping all the pain and sorrow by himself, and no one to turn to for comfort. The ending made it look like he's the one behind the door. I'm still having doubts though. Won't that be too obvious?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 10th, '10, 07:55

Outside, the pictures are hilarious! Especially JaeJoong carrying Tamayama! Ahahaha! Looks like the cast had a good time. At least someone's enjoying the series. :P

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 10th, '10, 08:47

bmwracer wrote:Haru staring at a tree with an arm, carrying a briefcase. :lol

ahahahahaha XD XD

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 10th, '10, 13:27

MisS Lonliah wrote:

ahahahahaha XD XD
Knowing what we know, I think Haru would rather hug the tree. :lol

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 10th, '10, 14:09

bmwracer wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote:

ahahahahaha XD XD
Knowing what we know, I think Haru would rather hug the tree. :lol
Lol :mrgreen: I approve this tree!! way better than the two we know :glare:
.. to be honest and after watching ep08, I think that I became sick of this loopy drama :pale:

ooyoo

Post by ooyoo » Jun 10th, '10, 14:40

That "tree"joong cap is pretty funny :) I hope the drama ends with as much energy as it started with!!

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jun 10th, '10, 16:58

I dunno... not fair that Nakaji tries to get with he NOW after his girlfriend/lover dumps him. If she never dumped him, he would never give Haru a second thought in my opinion. I'm kinda happy that she's trying to actually be his girlfriend (but it seems only because Peach declare her feelings and I guess Haru probably thinks those twoo would go out and she doesn't have a chance.) Though it's annoying how they threw Peach in the "everyone loves Nakaji" thing. Personally I wouldn't want to go out with him and for someone who still dates a married woman, and then thinks about the person who liked him seems like a bad trait to me. It's kinda like, he had his chance and I actually think Nakaji is just as selfish too. I dunno, it doesn't seem like he show tries to explain why the other two like him. But yeah... my opinion. Am looking forward to the next episode.

kimigasukinanda

Post by kimigasukinanda » Jun 10th, '10, 19:15

omg! I recently saw episode 9 before I hopped on one of my multimillion dollar private jets for a business trip... and I'm so sad about Linda killing himself! that's so upsetting... TT__TT my poor baby Eita had to witness that horrible scene.. :pale:
Last edited by kimigasukinanda on Jun 10th, '10, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 10th, '10, 19:37

ooyoo wrote:I hope the drama ends with as much energy as it started with!!
I desperately hope so :pale: well I'm somehow sure that it will end so because this is a Japanese drama after all, but I really was expecting better developments during the middle episodes.. ok whatever, let's see :thumright:

roon

Post by roon » Jun 10th, '10, 19:55

@kimigasukinanda>
You might want to put that under a spoiler tag, not everyone watches the episodes right after they air.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 10th, '10, 20:05

roon wrote:@kimigasukinanda>
You might want to put that under a spoiler tag, not everyone watches the episodes right after they air.
+1.

And spare us the private jet BS... Save it for the manure farm. :glare:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 10th, '10, 20:08

bmwracer wrote:And spare us the private jet BS... Save it for the manure farm. :glare:
I think it's the funny farm she belongs to, personally. The padded palace... A rich woman like her, she needs a palace, don't you think?

Also, I haven't watched the episode yet so thanks a bunch for spoiling it for us, kimigasukinanda. You're really a darling.

bowies

Post by bowies » Jun 10th, '10, 21:35

thanks dude you saved me!
i almost read that!!
but im sure that things are getting more interesting in ep09!!!

Makoto_

Post by Makoto_ » Jun 10th, '10, 21:43

I´ve read the spoiler and I didn´t want!!! :x
that someone put it the spoiler tag please!!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 10th, '10, 21:51

kimigasukinanda wrote:
omg! I recently saw episode 9 before I hopped on one of my multimillion dollar private jets for a business trip... and I'm so sad about Linda killing himself! that's so upsetting... TT__TT my poor baby Eita had to witness that horrible scene.. :pale:
Actually I don't know what part of it is the funniest.
Some issues of the author of the post (light childhood, heavy toys?), or baby Eita has to witnessed... I believe it was Nakaji not Eita, but forgive me if I'm wrong.... :glare:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 10th, '10, 21:57

You mean Eita and Nakaji aren't the same person?.... Oh my God... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! This can't be true! You've ruined my life! I will get on my private jet, land in your country and then take my multi-thousand dollar car to your house and have my vengeance! :P

I'll write about the episode tomorrow, although I ffw'd most of it. Man, just when you think it can't get more messed up. They screwed this series up royally. I honestly don't know how such good actors are taking part in this juvenille, shallow, badly writen piece of crap. Again, personal opinion.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 10th, '10, 22:01

Oh no, you're hurting "baby Eita", you bad woman you!! How come you have the right to insult an acting legend??
I'm gonna land on your house with my multimilliondollar house! O!

kimigasukinanda

Post by kimigasukinanda » Jun 10th, '10, 22:55

^^Wow, talk about IMMATURE and rude.... get over yourself.

Sorry guys, I was on my Blackberry (beta of a new version they're coming out with for elite customers only, sorry) and I don't know how to use it that well yet... so forgot to use the spoiler tags. Editing that now. Would've fixed this later but I was in flight and the WiFi on this flight is messed up!

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jun 10th, '10, 22:56

bmwracer wrote:
+1.

And spare us the private jet BS... Save it for the manure farm. :glare:
:w000t: :clap:

haha!

Please private jet...

akamaya

Post by akamaya » Jun 10th, '10, 23:55

kimigasukinanda wrote:Sorry guys, I was on my Blackberry (beta of a new version they're coming out with for elite customers only, sorry)
:w000t: :rofl: :tv: :clap:

Oups... OOOhime Sama, shitsureishimashita! :notworthy: :salut: :whistling:
Last edited by akamaya on Jun 11th, '10, 00:06, edited 1 time in total.

BabyV.O.X4Eva

Post by BabyV.O.X4Eva » Jun 11th, '10, 00:04

Watched ep 9
man that was heavy...really i knew Linda was gonna kill himself but that was just hard to watch!! That part with Nakaji and Haru with the sparklers was realy cute though! Cant wait for the subs.

sobasuki

Post by sobasuki » Jun 11th, '10, 00:30

haha private jet lady is hilarious.

Ep9:
Way too cringeworthy for me. I literally couldn't watch Linda sneaking up on Nakaji. And then the good old happy moment montage :pale: eugh

Also that slowed down version of Great DJ used at the sad moments, I mean someone's about to commit suicide and the girls singing about the DJ playing some songs at the local disco. Most Japanese people can understand English enough to be like wtf?

There was some good acting but the problem is there are too many main characters. I actually don't really care about Linda that much, as his personality hasn't really been shown at all.

Also I don't buy that Nakaji has realised Haru is the one for him, from what we have seen up to now she is way better as a friend. I mean it could make sense that it might be a rebound thing, but I don't think that's the angle the writers are going for.

Thinking about it, despite the acting Doctor and Peach are the most believable characters.

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jun 11th, '10, 00:56

In episode 8, I think 2 of my favorite scenes were
1. when Nakaji is walking by the convenient store, see's Haru, and then gets all happy. BUT, then Doctor pops up next to Haru, *cue music* and Nakaji's expression completely changes. then Nakaji walks away trying to hide his face. that was an awesome Haru/Nakaji scene <3
2. when Nakaji almost confesses and covers it with a joke. =/
kimigasukinanda wrote:^^Wow, talk about IMMATURE and rude.... get over yourself.

Sorry guys, I was on my Blackberry (beta of a new version they're coming out with for elite customers only, sorry) and I don't know how to use it that well yet... so forgot to use the spoiler tags. Editing that now. Would've fixed this later but I was in flight and the WiFi on this flight is messed up!
well to me it seems like you're trying flaunting your exclusive Blackberry beta and private jet. which is completely unnecessary. we don't need to know that. nor do we really care =/. plus, it just makes you look bad. but anyway, if you can't post it correctly with the spoiler tags, don't post it at all until you figure out how to. kthx.

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » Jun 11th, '10, 01:33

BabyV.O.X4Eva wrote:Watched ep 9
man that was heavy...really i knew Linda was gonna kill himself but that was just hard to watch!! That part with Nakaji and Haru with the sparklers was realy cute though! Cant wait for the subs.
I wouldl say that was a pretty gruesome suicide. Slitting your own throat from ear to ear. Right or wrong, Nakaji will feel guilty for what happened. Losing Kiriko, finding out his dad has cancer, now Linda's suicide. That's 3 for 3. Haru is lucky. Her only problem is whether to go to Korea with Doctor.

I think I'll appreciate the episode more once the subs come out too.

I also like the sparklers scene with Nakaji and Haru. It's like the lightbulb had finally clicked for Nakaji's feelings for Haru. Of course, they were always there but he was the last one to admit to it.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 11th, '10, 01:49

Hmm, shades of Last Friends : a bloody suicide... Though much sadder.

Outside

Post by Outside » Jun 11th, '10, 02:01

It's a heavy episode, and left me feeling quite empty. I guess I'll be able to form an opinion once the sub is out. I wonder exactly how many episodes this drama going to have. It's already episode 9, and nothing really progress between the main leads yet. Well, other than Nakaji's affirming feeling towards Haru.

Anyways Eirko twit that her, along with the 'Sunao Ni Narenakute' casts are going to attend Jejung's concert at Tokyo Dome this upcoming weeking! I'm so excited and happy to see such strong supports.

lissamae

Post by lissamae » Jun 11th, '10, 03:18

kimigasukinanda wrote:^^Wow, talk about IMMATURE and rude.... get over yourself.
Those in glass houses..........

Watched ep 9:
I think that is seems extreame for Linda to commit (attempt?} suicide over something so trivial as liking Nakaji. I know it must be confusing to realize he is gay, but Nakaji did not act repulsed or anything. Of course Nakaji was suprosed, but it seems like he was very kind about it.

Doctors impatience is starting to bother me. Haru keeps saying she is not used to dating someone, and he keeps trying to rush her. It is her first boyfriend, they haven't even kissed, and he wants her to leave her family and country? (regardless of her feelings for Nakaji, it is too much too soon)

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » Jun 11th, '10, 03:51

lissamae wrote:
says the pot to the ketttle.

Watched ep 9:
I think that is seems extreame for Linda to commit (attempt?} suicide over something so trivial as liking Nakaji. I know it must be confusing to realize he is gay, but Nakaji did not act repulsed or anything. Of course Nakaji was suprosed, but it seems like he was very kind about it.

Doctors impatience is starting to bother me. Haru keeps saying she is not used to dating someone, and he keeps trying to rush her. It is her first boyfriend, they haven't even kissed, and he wants her to leave her family and country? (regardless of her feelings for Nakaji, it is too much too soon)
I don't know. I can't say I understand the mindset of someone like Linda especially when you consider cultural differences and upbringing. That being said, I would go back to the previous scene where Linda was spying on Nakaji and Haru, I think he realized that he can never be with the one he loves the most. When Linda was caught by Nakaji, he felt ashamed for what he did. If anything, Nakaji seemed shocked and surprised. I think what Linda did just added to his depression. At that point, Linda was at his lowest point and, at least in his own mind, lost Nakaji even as a friend.

toshisatellite

Post by toshisatellite » Jun 11th, '10, 04:01

condorjoe wrote:
BabyV.O.X4Eva wrote:Watched ep 9
love the part with Nakaji and Haru and the sparklers. it's almost like an analogy of their relationship i think. when they are together they sparkle but that sparkle is not going to last or something.
the suicide is just gruesome cutting his neck. its also a death guarantee method. there's definitely no way to be saved by someone else. if he were to cut his wrist or even take an overdose of medications he might actually have a chance for survival. it just shows how depressed, isolated, and afraid he was.

they say that when a man suicide they are more successful than women who tends to use measures less drastic and life threatening such as cutting a wrist, leaving a trail of hints of suicide, etc.

Linda's suicide definitely fits into this characteristic. he has made his final decision.

IMO i think that its not a good decision at all. you don't solve any problems and leave the problems and burden onto the survivors. but then again i could not relate to Linda's situation, and in hindsight and as an audience viewing another person's problems we're all saints with perfect decision making ability.

And going backwards a little, in episode 8 (6:60-6:59) when nakaji was taking pictures in the studio doesn't the model look like what sayuri sugawara was wearing in her cd cover for the theme song Sunao ni narenakute? even the part when the model laid down she the pose looks like it too, doesn't it?

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 11th, '10, 04:09

^ Spoiler tags, please.

kimigasukinanda

Post by kimigasukinanda » Jun 11th, '10, 04:16

^That's cuz it's her... saw it on Barks last week.

ejaxene

Post by ejaxene » Jun 11th, '10, 09:38

Nobody has posted this, I think?

Sunao ni Narenakute Episode 10 Synopsis
In Emotion’s restroom, Nakaji finds Linda who had passed out in a pool of blood, and rushes him to the hospital. Haru, Doctor and Peach who were notified by Nakaji also hurried to the hospital.

Linda’s mother, Misako, is very grateful to Nakaji for sending her son to the hospital and at the same time is very touched by Haru and the others who rushed to hospital.

For the upcoming test to become a teacher, Haru has been constantly studying. During that time, Doctor decided to return to Korea for some time. Doctor told Haru that he wanted to introduce her to his parents, to show her the environment he used to live in, and that he hoped that Haru would follow him back to Korea. Haru agreed to his request, but…

Source: Sunao Ni Narenakute Official Website + Maze!
Translation: tvxqhwaiting @ OneTVXQ.com
Credits: OneTVXQ.com { One World. One Red Ocean. One TVXQ! }
Feel free to repost, but please leave the full credits intact. Thanks!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 11th, '10, 10:59

So
We still don't know what happens. Heck, a slit throat and so much blood, if he survives, it's gonna be ridiculous! Than again, it's not the smartest series I've seen so I wouldn't be surprised.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 11th, '10, 13:37

Orion1986 wrote:So
We still don't know what happens. Heck, a slit throat and so much blood, if he survives, it's gonna be ridiculous! Than again, it's not the smartest series I've seen so I wouldn't be surprised.
With any drama, there is some suspension of disbelief... Some more than others. :P

kimigasukinanda

Post by kimigasukinanda » Jun 11th, '10, 15:57

Actually
My husband is a doctor and he said that wasn't that much blood... you'd have to lose a lot more than that to bleed out.

Malora

Post by Malora » Jun 11th, '10, 18:38

Even if he doesn't die of blood loss (though it looked like he lost a lot) theres still a lot of complications, he could have damaged his airway for instance. To be in danger from blood loss roughly 15% of the bodies total blood volume is classed as medically significant with transfusion often required at 30-40% volume lost. 40% + and you have to be damn lucky to live. Even if Linda makes it to the hospital alive the chances aren't great especially since he was already unconscious when Nakaji got there. Even if he survives there are likely to be complications or brain damage.

kimigasukinanda

Post by kimigasukinanda » Jun 11th, '10, 18:49

They're probably going to kill him off but slitting one's own throat actually wouldn't be a very effective method of suicide. Most people wouldn't be able to handle the pain and complete the job (cutting all the major arteries)... but it doesn't matter since I know they'll kill him for dramatic effect :P

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » Jun 12th, '10, 04:12

kimigasukinanda wrote:
They're probably going to kill him off but slitting one's own throat actually wouldn't be a very effective method of suicide. Most people wouldn't be able to handle the pain and complete the job (cutting all the major arteries)... but it doesn't matter since I know they'll kill him for dramatic effect :P
It is possible for Linda to survive from slit throat depending how severe the damage is done to the carotid artery and if emergency care is applied in time. Storywise, it appears Nakaji was able to get Linda to the hospital. Based on the preview, it does not look good for Linda.

Mirokujin

Post by Mirokujin » Jun 12th, '10, 05:35

finished ep9
I have to say this story is like going nowhere...
I almost forgot Nakaji and Haru like each other, which was very nicely plotted before ep7...but now...
just weird~

Black4Clover

Post by Black4Clover » Jun 12th, '10, 08:19

Well, I think Linda is the last person who should die. I don't know why authors make him so pathetic. He is a mature person. He isn't a teenager...but why did he know that he is a gay only now? Peach seems like a stronger person than him. :blink
By the way I find MV about Haru and Nakaji - :D

lyra64

Post by lyra64 » Jun 12th, '10, 08:42

I don't understand your reaction Black4clover
Linda was tortured for a long time. It's not a teenager's reaction.
The pression for his parent, this relation whis his boss, his love for nakaji.
the problem is that scenarist don't exploit enough the caracter.

I think it's toshisatellite who was ewplain very well

Black4Clover

Post by Black4Clover » Jun 12th, '10, 09:16

lyra64
My reaction is understandable. Yes, he has a lot of tough situations but when I saw him before I think he is stronger character. Maybe because a scenarist just speed up his affection I can't understand it.

voldemort

Post by voldemort » Jun 12th, '10, 10:21

on a lighter note...

Am I the only one to be totally in love with the outside of the Nakaji flat? Those plants, multiple lights... so surrealist and funny ;)

lyra64

Post by lyra64 » Jun 12th, '10, 10:25

I understand what you say (sorry i'm french, and my english is bad), and i think it's scnarist' s error.
Or they wanted make an "ambigous" carater. Strong and weak

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Jun 12th, '10, 10:43

voldemort wrote:on a lighter note...

Am I the only one to be totally in love with the outside of the Nakaji flat? Those plants, multiple lights... so surrealist and funny ;)
haha.. no..u have another fan here also. :D
and i love the little balcony at the back of his house too.

and reading the posts above about the medical analysis on blood loss, i felt suddenly i have learn alot from watching this poorly-structured drama (or rather reading the forum of the drama) :P thanks to the medical experts above.. it was an interesting read.