[Discussion] Sunao ni Narenakute (Ueno Juri, Eita)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Black4Clover

Post by Black4Clover » Jun 12th, '10, 13:38

lyra64 wrote:I understand what you say (sorry i'm french, and my english is bad), and i think it's scnarist' s error.
Or they wanted make an "ambigous" carater. Strong and weak
Never mind) Actually my english poor too:) i'm russian)
I was very disappointed in plot because I like Linda as much as Nakaji and Haru)

koyuki-chan

Post by koyuki-chan » Jun 13th, '10, 04:16

after watching the 9th episode, i have a conclusion that this drama plot is similar to Asunaro Hakusho
5 persons become friends, 3 men and 2 women, eventually being in love each other, the main male role had a girlfriend so he couldn't be together with the female main role, one is (supposedly) gay/bi then commit suicide
CMIIW
But since the writer is the same;the environment and story is still different, so I think the similarity doesn't matter anymore.

This drama is one of my favorites this season.

currently watching:
Sunao Ni Narenakute; Tsuki No Koibito

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 13th, '10, 04:41

koyuki-chan wrote:after watching the 9th episode, i have a conclusion that this drama plot is similar to Asunaro Hakusho
If you check out the previous pages, you're not the only one. :)

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » Jun 13th, '10, 06:22

koyuki-chan wrote:after watching the 9th episode, i have a conclusion that this drama plot is similar to Asunaro Hakusho
5 persons become friends, 3 men and 2 women, eventually being in love each other, the main male role had a girlfriend so he couldn't be together with the female main role, one is (supposedly) gay/bi then commit suicide
CMIIW
But since the writer is the same;the environment and story is still different, so I think the similarity doesn't matter anymore.

This drama is one of my favorites this season.

currently watching:
Sunao Ni Narenakute; Tsuki No Koibito
The similarities pretty much ends there.

Outside

Post by Outside » Jun 13th, '10, 17:15

Oricon’s “Spring Drama ☆ AWARD 2010"

Most spring dramas started in April and are already getting close to their climax. Thus it was time for Oricon's print magazine "Oricon Star" to announce the "Spring Drama ☆ AWARD 2010". A total of 1050 readers participated in the survey and most of them chose "Shinzanmono" (TBS) as their favorite drama this season.

Shinzanmono is based on a popular novel by Higashino Keigo and follows a detective as he tries to uncover the truth behind a murder case in the lower parts of Tokyo, Ningyocho. It offers a suspense detective story mixed with the nice atmosphere and charm of that region in Tokyo. Abe Hiroshi (45) is starring as detective Kaga Kyoichiro and while trying to stay as close to the original as possible, he also adds some new spice with his performance.

"The original was good and the script stays true to the original. I like it and it made we want to go to Ningyocho." A female reader of the magazine commented. "The feeling of having the criminal right in front of you and yet you don't know who it might be is great." Another reader praised the atmosphere and the lie-filled story.

Eita and Ueno Juri's twitter drama "Sunao ni Narenakute" ranked second short behind Shinzanmono. "Team Batista 2" came in third.

Favorite Spring Drama BEST10
01 – (180) – Shinzanmono
02 – (172) – Sunao ni Narenakute
03 – (151) – Team Batista 2
04 – (115) – Kaibutsu-kun
05 – (095) – Mother
06 – (077) – Keibuho Yabe Kenzo
07 – (073) – Tumbling
08 – (060) – Zettai Reido
09 – (043) – Rinjo 2
10 – (025) – Dosokai

Spring Drama Favorite Actress
01 – (185) – Ueno Juri [Sunao ni Narenakute]
02 – (158) – Ueto Aya [Zettai Reido]
03 – (132) – Matsuyuki Yasuko [Mother]
04 – (091) – Kuroki Meisa [Shinzanmono]
05 – (069) – Kato Ai [Team Batista 2]

Spring Drama Most Interesting Actress
01 – (029) – Kiritani Mirei [Jotei Kaoruko]
02 – (022) – Ueno Juri [Sunao ni Narenakute]
03 – (019) – Naka Riisa [Yankee-kun to Megane-chan]
03 – (019) – Kanjiya Shihori [Keibuho Yabe Kenzo]
05 – (018) – Kuroki Meisa [Shinzanmono]

Spring Drama Favorite Actor
01 – (171) – Abe Hiroshi [Shinzanmono]
02 – (129) – Eita [Sunao ni Narenakute]
03 – (111) – Ohno Satoshi [Kaibutsu-kun]
04 – (071) – Nakamura Toru [Team Batista 2]
05 – (063) – Namase Katsuhisa [Keibuho Yabe Kenzo]

Spring Drama Most Interesting Actor
01 – (081) – Jejung [Sunao ni Narenakute]
02 – (046) – Yamamoto Yusuke [Tumbling]
03 – (030) – Mukai Osamu [Shinzanmono]
04 – (026) – Choi Hong Man [Kaibutsu-kun]
05 – (022) – Mizobata Junpei [Shinzanmono]

Spring Drama Favorite Theme Song
01 – (293) – "Monster" (Arashi) — Kaibutsu-kun
02 – (146) – "Dry Town" (Love Psychedelico) — Zettai Reido
03 – (111) – "Hard to say I love you" (Weaver) — Sunao ni Narenakute
04 – (088) – "Machimonogatari" (Yamashita Tatsuro) — Shinzanmono
05 – (063) – "Trust In You" (Juju) — Keishicho Shissonin Sosaka

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 14th, '10, 03:07

^ Nice to see the drama get the recognition, though a sampling of 1050 readers is hardly representative of the entire drama viewing public. :sweat:

Romance

Post by Romance » Jun 15th, '10, 22:25

Just watched ep 9 and well, that was shocking but otherwise i feel like the story is going nowhere. 5 eps would have been enough i think..

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Jun 16th, '10, 00:34

i'm not sure if any of you have mentioned this already, but i'll just say it anyways :P
eita and kimura kaela are getting married and they are already expecting a baby together due in november.
i feel so happy for eita!!! he's gonna be a great dad!!! :thumright:

bellenomura

Post by bellenomura » Jun 16th, '10, 13:01

About episode 9,
Hmmm...I dunno if I can say it was a good episode. I think it wasn't a bad episode either, but episode 8 was better, in my opinion. I think I expected more since episode 9 is supposed to be the 'climax' episode while episode 10 should be the 'resolution' episode and episode 11 would be the 'closure' episode LOL. But this ain't a novel so forget literature. :P
Episode 9 could have been better, I think. I dunno who to blame. The script? The editing? Not the actors though coz they did a good job and they were only following the script. xD"

First and foremost, after watching 9 episodes of this drama, I'm starting to think what is the actual important significance of Haru & Nakaji's parents relationship and their appearance. To me it seems to be playing no important role so far. If it proves there isn't anything 'suspense' actually going on between them, I might just...gaaaaaah!!!!! They're not gonna waste our time on some 'old people' love story, are they? They better not!!!

Second, after watching Peach getting bluntly rejected by Nakaji, I was wondering if it was even better if she didn't even fall for Nakaji at all in the first place coz seriously, I think was a total waste of time. But at least, gotta give props to them for not dragging on that relationship 'too' much. LOL.

Third, I gotta admit that the editing for this episode was really plain. The early episodes (1,2,3,4,5) and episode 8 had good editing IMO, but episode 9...Hmmm...Maybe it's just me.

Okay, now for the favourite part of the episode, one of the highlight's gotta be the scene of Nakaji and Haru playing that firework competition. It was really touching. ^^ FINALLY Nakaji started to realize his feelings, huh?
I liked the scene where Doctor and Haru bought the ring from the toy shop too. So cute!
Another fave scene was when Linda was sitting on the couch eating burger LOL.

Let's see how episode 10's gonna be tomorrow. *nervous*
BY THE WAY,
Damn, I originally rooted for NakajixHaru, but now DocxHaru looks really damn good together! xD
Even if we can't have DocxHaru in the drama, I wonder if we can get some JaejoongxJuri in real life? *gets kicked*

Or maybe...How bout LindaxDoc instead? xD *gets tornado kicked*
They look really cute though. ^^

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 16th, '10, 14:07

^ Still waiting for subs, i did browse through and I do have similar fav scenes you mentioned above. especially btw Haru and Nakaji, short but really really sweet.

LOL the picture of doc and Linda somehow just seems so wrong haha :lol

oh yes, glad that jaejoong and Juri don't look too bad in real life either xD They seem to have boned quite well, off screen too (remembers the vid of Juri celebrating her birthday and JJ playfully teases Juri's nose or sth) :D

sweetimpact

Post by sweetimpact » Jun 16th, '10, 14:36

oooer that pic of linda and doc is rather hot XD

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 16th, '10, 17:41

I do think Jaejoong and Juri-chan look tons of cute together. No idea if they even have similar characters or like each other at all, but visually I mean, they look nice together. :-)

And the other picture is quite adorable. Look at those smiles on their faces! Grown men acting like little boys, having fun. Awww. So sweet. :heart:

I just want to get the series over with, personally. You've lost us already so speed things up and get it done with. :P

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 17th, '10, 19:03

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 17th, '10, 21:30

I won't even bother with an opinion this time. It's the same as always. Disappointment.

I'll just say one thing. They sure love to have Eita running around. Poor boy has done a lot of sprinting in this series. :rofl: Well, he needs to be on his toes anyway, since a baby isn't an easy task to handle. Ahaha.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 17th, '10, 21:40

Orion1986 wrote:I'll just say one thing. They sure love to have Eita running around. Poor boy has done a lot of sprinting in this series. :rofl: Well, he needs to be on his toes anyway, since a baby isn't an easy task to handle. Ahaha.
LOL. :lol
I can't believe Haru is going to go to Korea with Doctor... She's willing give up her life and happiness out of some deluded obligation to Doctor... What a dope.

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » Jun 17th, '10, 22:34

bmwracer wrote:
I can't believe Haru is going to go to Korea with Doctor... She's willing give up her life and happiness out of some deluded obligation to Doctor... What a dope.
Well she did fail the exam again. I'm sure that Doctor convinced her that she could teach at the Japanese schools in Korea. There a scene with Nakaji and Haru where Nakaji tells Haru something prior to Nakaji going to the airport. My japanese isn't very strong so I don't want to get the translation wrong. I'm just glad Nakaji was able to tell her how he feels before she left.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 17th, '10, 23:23

condorjoe wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
I'm just glad Nakaji was able to tell her how he feels before she left.
Will it be enough to convince her to stay?

Hmm, now that I think about it, isn't what she's doing contradictory to what she said earlier on about being a friend to Nakaji in order to be close to him?

Granted, that was a number of episodes back and things have changed considerably. :sweat:

condorjoe

Post by condorjoe » Jun 17th, '10, 23:46

bmwracer wrote:
condorjoe wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
I'm just glad Nakaji was able to tell her how he feels before she left.
Will it be enough to convince her to stay?

Hmm, now that I think about it, isn't what she's doing contradictory to what she said earlier on about being a friend to Nakaji in order to be close to him?

Granted, that was a number of episodes back and things have changed considerably. :sweat:
A lot has happen since then and she's dating Doctor now. She wants to be a part of Nakaji's life even as a friend which she has. When Nakaji said ' I love you' at the airport it was right front of Doctor. It would make a pretty awkward between the 3 at the airport. Personally, it's not in Haru's character to hurt Doctor in such a way.Considering episode ends at the airport, it's not far-fetched to say Haru gets on the plane.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 18th, '10, 03:31

condorjoe wrote:
Considering episode ends at the airport, it's not far-fetched to say Haru gets on the plane.
BUT
They don't show her actually getting on the plane nor do they have a preview of the final episode to spoil this final cliffhanger....... :sweat:

Needless to say, I don't think (and hope) she gets on the plane.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 18th, '10, 04:33

GOD, I hope she does!
I mean, he "fell for her" only after his girlfriend had left him and now he's "in love" with her after a dear friend died. Anyone else seeing a pattern here? He's hurt, he's vulnerable and he feels the need to cling on to someone.

He's probably thinking "Life's short, I should take chances" etc etc so he decided to go for it. That doesn't mean he loves her. That just means he's been through a lot and the fear of being alone is making him grab onto the person he's closer to.

Some might say "or maybe all this pain made him realize who he really loves", well, yes, but come on. How often would that happen? If the **** needs to hit the fan as much as it has for a person to realize they like someone, doesn't that seem a bit strange?

If you really like someone, won't you feel jealousy, anger, something when they're with their boyfriend/girlfriend? He can't be THAT clueless as to how he feels. He wasn't with Kiriko. He "fell for her" like a normal person so I don't buy it that he's a guy that's this slow at figuring out his feelings.

It's far more likely this is a reaction to all that's happening. My girl leaves me, dad is dying, a friend dies and now another one is leaving. Not another one. Must hold on or everyone will leave. He didn't have a choice to stop the other 3 that "left/are leaving" him and the only one he can stop is Haru.

She's like the drop that overflooded the glass, but that doesn't mean he really loves her. Of course, knowing how stupid this series is, of course they'll end up together. Doctor will probably be like "Go to him, I understand" and she'll say the cliche "I'm sorry and thank you" and aaaaall will be well.

And in 2-3 years time, maybe less, they'll realize is was just hormones and psychological pressure that got them together and break up, but we won't see that in the series, now will we? :rofl:
Last edited by Orion1986 on Jun 18th, '10, 05:20, edited 2 times in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 18th, '10, 04:52

^ Yow, you're really bitter about this drama. :sweat:

Of course, I felt the same way about Last Friends.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 18th, '10, 05:20

Ahaha. See? It all depends on personal preference. :P

lissamae

Post by lissamae » Jun 18th, '10, 10:35

I agree with Condorjoe:
It was quite akward for Nakaji to confess at the airport in front of Doctor. It is preety messed up for her to just leave. Unless Doctor (who sees their closness) decides to be noble and finally give up.
Slight different view from Orion 1986 about Nakaji
I think he has been liked her a little her since before he broke up with Kiriko, and fell in love with her before Linda died. He was thinking of Doctor when he did nothing about his feelings. But Linda's last letter told him to go after what he wanted. And that instead of worrying about hurting others, worry about hurting yourself. (loose translation)

Whatever ends up happening, I think Nakaji and Haru have a really good friendship, so I think Nakaji has strong feelings for Haru. I am not going to say this is 'true love' or anything like that, but he has true feelings

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Jun 18th, '10, 10:54

NOOOOO!!! i'm so sad that he's gone!!! :cry:
episode 10:
i'm so mad that the writers killed off my favorite character!!! :x
i knew from a couple of episodes back that the blood in the bathroom stall belonged to linda.
and now that he's gone, nakaji feels the need to stay with haru and confesses that he's in love with her. oh, please! :roll
i feel that it's too late now, but the last episode is probably going to end with nakaji and haru together :lol
i feel so bad that doctor is going to get dumped at the airport :cry:
gosh why are the writers kissing nakaji's ass?
haru is a big disappointment because she had the chance to refuse to go out with doctor from the first place :glare:
this series is pretty predictable, but hopefully the last episode won't be :thumright:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 18th, '10, 13:46

Orion1986 wrote:Ahaha. See? It all depends on personal preference. :P
Yup. :sweat:

Sad to say, but the last two dramas (this one and LF) with Juri-chan have been rather inconsistent... Her performances have been really good, but the writing hasn't lived up to the quality of the actors involved.

I'm really hoping that won't be the case when the NHK Taiga for 2011 comes around... I think Juri-chan starts work on that in August. :thumright:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 18th, '10, 14:06

Coincidence? :)

From Yahoo! News:
Twitter a hit in Japan as millions 'mumble' online

Complete story here:
By YURI KAGEYAMA, AP Business Writer

TOKYO – Twitter is a hit in Japan, succeeding where other social networking imports like Facebook have foundered as millions "mumble" — the translation of tweet — and give mini-blogging a distinctly Japanese flavor.

The arrival of the Japanese language Twitter service in 2008 tapped into a greater sense of individuality in Japan, especially among younger people less accepting of the understatement and conformity their culture is usually associated with, analysts say.

A mobile version of Twitter started last October, further fueling the Twitter boom in a nation where Internet-connecting cell phones have been the rule for years.

These days, seminars teaching the tricks of the tweet, as the micro-blog postings are known, are popping up. Ending Japanese sentences with "nah-woo" — an adaptation of "now" in English — is hip, showing off the speaker's versatility in pseudo-English Twitter-speak.

A TV show features characters that tweet. A Tokyo bar has screens showing tweets along with World Cup games. And pop idols, a former prime minister and plain regular people are all tweeting like crazy.

The proportion of Japanese Internet users who tweet is 16.3 percent and now surpasses the ratio among Americans at 9.8 percent. Twitter and Japan's top social networking site, mixi, have been running neck-and-neck with monthly visitors between 9 million and 10 million but in April Twitter squeaked past mixi, according to ratings agency Nielsen Online.

In contrast, only 3 percent of Japanese Internet users are on Facebook compared with 62 percent in the U.S., according to Nielsen. MySpace has also failed to take off in Japan, at under 3 percent of Net users versus 35 percent in the U.S., according to comScore Inc.

Twitter estimates Japanese write nearly 8 million tweets a day, or about 12 percent of the global total. Data from Tweet Sentiments, a web site that analyzes tweets, show Japanese are sometimes tweeting more frequently than Americans.

"Japan is enjoying the richest and most varied form of Twitter usage as a communication tool," says Daisuke Tsuda, 36, a writer with more than 65,000 "followers" for his tweets. "It's playing out as a rediscovery of the Internet."

One reason is language. It's possible to say so much more in Japanese within Twitter's 140 letter limit. The word "information" requires just two letters in Japanese. That allows academics and politicians to relay complex views, according to Tsuda, who believes Twitter could easily attract 20 million people in Japan soon.

Another is that people are owning up to their identities on Twitter. Anonymity tended to be the rule on popular Japanese Web sites, and horror stories abounded about people getting targeted in smear-campaigns that were launched under the shroud of anonymity.

In contrast, Twitter anecdotes are heartwarming. One well-known case is a woman who posted on Twitter the photo of a park her father sent in an e-mail attachment before he died. Twitter was immediately abuzz with people comparing parks.

So far, people are flocking to Twitter in positive ways, reaching out in direct, public and interactive communication, debunking the stereotype of Japanese as shy and insular, says Noriyuki Ikeda, chief executive of Tribal Media House, which consults on social media marketing.

"Twitter is turning out to be like a cocktail party," he told The Associated Press. "Japanese see how fun it is to network and casually connect with other people."

Twitter is also proving a good business tool. Companies are exploring Twitter as a way to reach consumers and get feedback, a function that holds potential in Japan where broadband connections are widespread and cheap, and mobile phones outnumber the population.

Retailer Tokyu Hands uses Twitter to answer queries from customers, while clothing-chain Uniqlo has used Twitter in marketing by setting up a virtual queue where people tweet with each other and get freebies.

Motohiko Tokuriki, chief executive of consultant Agile Media Network, who has nearly 200,000 followers, believes Twitter is on its way to be chosen the hit new word of the year, a coveted honor that draws great publicity here.

"It's telling that Twitter was translated as 'mumbling' in Japanese," he said. "They love the idea of talking to themselves," he said.

Twitter may even offer Japan's web entrepreneurs global opportunities that had so far eluded them because it's the first digital "global-standard" outside of search engines like Google or Yahoo! to catch on here, says Toru Saito, chief executive of Loops Communications, which specializes in social networking businesses.

That means software applications Japanese develop for Twitter could win acceptance from a global market. Japanese mobile software products have tended to be for Japanese up to now.

"I'm getting so many queries, including those from abroad," Saito said.

Rocky Eda, corporate communications manager for Digital Garage, which supports Twitter's Japan operations, is thrilled people are embracing Twitter.

"In finding fulfillment in expressing what's on your mind for the moment, Twitter is like haiku," he said. "It is so Japanese."

lyra64

Post by lyra64 » Jun 18th, '10, 15:19

Anyone know the english song's dorama ?

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jun 18th, '10, 16:42

I agree with Orion. Kinda messed up that he wants to go after Haru now when things go bad for him. And it's really selfish and inconvenient. really wonder why the show is called "Hard to Say I Love You" when no one seems to be "truly" in love with anybody. I don't see how it's hard for Nakaji.... because like Orion said, it's not really love. It's just being lonely and getting that comfort. It should be called Hard to be honest, because it seems like no one is. And I really don't see why every one likes Nakaji. >_<Haru>__> But it's sad to kill off Linda and not fair because I still feel like I didn't learn that much about him. I think the show focuses too much on those two and gives the side-characters like half-hearted ending or solution or whatever it is. Like whatever happened to that drugged up student?

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 18th, '10, 19:21

«minah» wrote:
Like whatever happened to that drugged up student?
I don't think anyone really cares: it was a subplot that didn't really work... Unless you count the fact that it got Haru to "like" Doctor... I think the same thing could've been accomplished with him saving her from a random robbery without all the baggage that came along with the dopehead student...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 18th, '10, 19:49

Exactly. Subplots and characters that appeared and disappeared for no reason, doing things that random characters could do.

So many things about this series that don't make sense and just seem quickly and carelessly done. And of course, the "well thought-out" ones are shallow and meaningless. Again, personal opinion. I'm a romantic person so I look for real romance in a series. Not this stuff. :roll

heyheywho

Post by heyheywho » Jun 18th, '10, 23:44

Woot! I just got back from Japan! And what do you know, my dad's Japanese friend got me and my sister tickets to Jaejoong (and baby Junsu and Yoochun's) concert!!! It was teh awesomeeeeee!!! And and, the Sunao casts were there, along with Kitagawa Eriko. Jaejoong was acting onstage as Doctor, and there was this one segment where he, as the Doctor talked to his fellow member Yoochun, who is also in a drama in character, LOL! Even with my limited Japanese I was laughing the whole time! And Jaejoong can actually sing very well, but Junsu is just <3. Okay, I'm talking about unrelated stuff again xD Sorry I'm still in JYJ mode x3

Here's something to share!! Oh and, Jaejoong is SO *&^$&() GORGEOUS IRL. Just letting everyone know.I just wish I saw Nakaji and RInda there too lol

[/i]

kimigasukinanda

Post by kimigasukinanda » Jun 19th, '10, 00:01

Orion1986 wrote:Exactly. Subplots and characters that appeared and disappeared for no reason, doing things that random characters could do.

So many things about this series that don't make sense and just seem quickly and carelessly done. And of course, the "well thought-out" ones are shallow and meaningless. Again, personal opinion. I'm a romantic person so I look for real romance in a series. Not this stuff. :roll
Umm, time to leave. This is no place for BASHERS.

Anyway!
I was so sad about my baby, Eita. Did you guys see him crying? I started crying so hard too... ugh... so distressing. I can't believe his boyfriend died... before they had an opportunity to make out! That would've been sooo smexy + hot! Dag nabbit! Oh well. My daughter was bawling too... so sad

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 19th, '10, 00:09

I want to thank the Academy...

I was reading silently this thread, because I gave up on this drama after Ep 06, but reading all your comments made me feel like I gave up on not so groundbreaking drama. Nevertheless I enjoyed all your posts, minna.
Omo, that means I'm a basher too?
Nigeyou!

kimigasukinanda

Post by kimigasukinanda » Jun 19th, '10, 00:10

*mod edit*
comment removed

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 19th, '10, 00:11

This ain't an insane asylum either, kimigasukinanda, but here you are. And here I'll be. It takes more than some pathetic and immature insults to drive me away, luv, so let's just get out of each other's way here. And no one's buying your "insanity defence" anyway so stop using it as an excuse to insult. Unless you need more reminding of how inappropriate it is to insult people.
I liked Eita's performance very much in this episode. Again, although I think the series is shallow and messed up, the cast is doing very well. It's a shame they have to work with such an awful script.
Last edited by Orion1986 on Jun 19th, '10, 00:20, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 19th, '10, 00:14

I'm no Korean, anything in particular?
And I'm no Eita-anti, for the love of dramas!

kimigasukinanda

Post by kimigasukinanda » Jun 19th, '10, 00:14

^Well, as long as your not bashing my baby LegendEita™ :roll

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 19th, '10, 00:16

I'm bashing drama not actors (they can do nothing more with a bad script), just read what I wrote, ありがとう.
Plus, is it wrong to be a Korean here?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 19th, '10, 00:19

I don't think it's wrong, but if you did say you didn't like Eita, I'm sure she was planning on making you out to be the devil for using some korean phrases.

Calm down, kimigasukinanda. No one hates your shnookums, Eita.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 19th, '10, 00:31

you know when sometimes you start to dislike an actor just because of their weird acting fans???
Dear Eita, i am doing my best to hang on :whistling:

being reading this thread since ep1, so i am not really a newbie here :mrgreen:

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Jun 19th, '10, 00:45

@kimigasukinanda: I have warned you before to play nice. Please refrain from insulting others whether or not they agree with your opinions about a particular actor or drama.

lissamae

Post by lissamae » Jun 19th, '10, 01:20

Issy wrote:Dear Eita, i am doing my best to hang on :whistling:
:lol

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 19th, '10, 03:40

Issy wrote:you know when sometimes you start to dislike an actor just because of their weird acting fans???
Not until this thread.

Nothing worse than a deluded fan infesting a forum thread.

Outside

Post by Outside » Jun 19th, '10, 05:45

Sunao Ni Narenakute Final Episode Synopsis
Nakaji heard from the news company that his father is interested to go to a place that is currently in the midst of a war for research work.

Meanwhile, Nakaji apologized to the editor of ‘Best Magazine’ for ruining the important photo shoot task which was recommended by her. He had left halfway through the shoot due to Linda.

On the other hand, Haru met up with her principal who had recommended her for the examination, bringing along with her the official transcript of her enlistment as a private school teacher. Just then, Doctor hopes that she can start considering their marriage…

Source: BaiduTVXQ + MazeJae
Translation: sshutingg @ OneTVXQ.com
Credits: OneTVXQ.com { One World. One Red Ocean. One TVXQ! }
I have a feeling that this synopsis is gonna happened before the airport scene.

bellenomura

Post by bellenomura » Jun 19th, '10, 13:43

Orion1986 wrote:GOD, I hope she does!
I mean, he "fell for her" only after his girlfriend had left him and now he's "in love" with her after a dear friend died. Anyone else seeing a pattern here? He's hurt, he's vulnerable and he feels the need to cling on to someone.

He's probably thinking "Life's short, I should take chances" etc etc so he decided to go for it. That doesn't mean he loves her. That just means he's been through a lot and the fear of being alone is making him grab onto the person he's closer to.

Some might say "or maybe all this pain made him realize who he really loves", well, yes, but come on. How often would that happen? If the **** needs to hit the fan as much as it has for a person to realize they like someone, doesn't that seem a bit strange?

If you really like someone, won't you feel jealousy, anger, something when they're with their boyfriend/girlfriend? He can't be THAT clueless as to how he feels. He wasn't with Kiriko. He "fell for her" like a normal person so I don't buy it that he's a guy that's this slow at figuring out his feelings.

It's far more likely this is a reaction to all that's happening. My girl leaves me, dad is dying, a friend dies and now another one is leaving. Not another one. Must hold on or everyone will leave. He didn't have a choice to stop the other 3 that "left/are leaving" him and the only one he can stop is Haru.

She's like the drop that overflooded the glass, but that doesn't mean he really loves her. Of course, knowing how stupid this series is, of course they'll end up together. Doctor will probably be like "Go to him, I understand" and she'll say the cliche "I'm sorry and thank you" and aaaaall will be well.

And in 2-3 years time, maybe less, they'll realize is was just hormones and psychological pressure that got them together and break up, but we won't see that in the series, now will we? :rofl:
I SHALL SECOND THAT
During the earlier episodes, I did support Nakaji/Haru, but after episode 5, I started to waver, and after episode 8 I start to see Haru getting more comfortable with Doctor.

About Nakaji, just like you said, the way I see it, he starts to have feelings for Haru only after Kiriko left him. If the Nakaji/Kiriko secret affair had never been busted, I think it's safe to say bye bye to Nakaji/Haru pairing.

Your last paragraph is HILARIOUS. xDDDD *rolls around the floor laughing*
Maybe somebody should write a fanfic about that hahaha! :D
People kept condemning that Haru looks miserable with Doctor when in fact, we won't even know if Haru would be 'that' happy when she's finally together with Nakaji either.
Heh. At least now I think Haru and Doctor start to understand eachother even better, and she's gradually becoming more and more comfortable and happier with him.

It won't be smooth sailing for Haru and Nakaji's relationship in the 'very near' future either even though they will be together in the end (let me be clear that this is just my prediction, and I'm 99.9% confident that Haru will end up with Nakaji in a not-so flattering way haha), but as you said, we'll never get to see that now would we?

I also LOVE your prediction of the script on how Doctor's going to let Haru go to Nakaji and then Haru would say the very most cliche Japanese script which I'd probably dread to hear on the last episode.
Orion1986 wrote:This ain't an insane asylum either, kimigasukinanda, but here you are. And here I'll be. It takes more than some pathetic and immature insults to drive me away, luv, so let's just get out of each other's way here. And no one's buying your "insanity defence" anyway so stop using it as an excuse to insult. Unless you need more reminding of how inappropriate it is to insult people.
I liked Eita's performance very much in this episode. Again, although I think the series is shallow and messed up, the cast is doing very well. It's a shame they have to work with such an awful script.
I've never mentioned how much I love your sarcasm attitude/comments eventhough they sometimes contradict my opinions, have I?

Bashing Nakaji doesn't necessarily equals to bashing Eita.
Deluded fans should really **** themselves.
No one is bashing Eita here.
I also think all the cast including Eita did a wonderful job in acting in this drama.

heyheywho wrote:
Woot! I just got back from Japan! And what do you know, my dad's Japanese friend got me and my sister tickets to Jaejoong (and baby Junsu and Yoochun's) concert!!! It was teh awesomeeeeee!!! And and, the Sunao casts were there, along with Kitagawa Eriko. Jaejoong was acting onstage as Doctor, and there was this one segment where he, as the Doctor talked to his fellow member Yoochun, who is also in a drama in character, LOL! Even with my limited Japanese I was laughing the whole time! And Jaejoong can actually sing very well, but Junsu is just <3. Okay, I'm talking about unrelated stuff again xD Sorry I'm still in JYJ mode x3

Here's something to share!! Oh and, Jaejoong is SO *&^$&() GORGEOUS IRL. Just letting everyone know.I just wish I saw Nakaji and RInda there too lol

[fangirling]You...went...to...their...concert....???? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I hate you....*gets kicked*
Just kidding!!!! It's just that...the last time I went to their concert was...3 years ago....sob sob....I miss them so f***ing much....Gah...I have no energy to spazz over this because after I read that you went to Japan and went to their concert, my energy totally dissipated...You made me jealous....I'll forgive you if you have some souvenirs...*gets shot by heyheywho* (again, joudan da yo hehehe)
BUT before I end my spazzing, just wanna say that Jaejoong and Junsu are really the best singers in the group! Hehehe. I've watched their JYJ concert fancams and to be honest, I think Jaejoong is getting a little rusty in singing because he cried too much and hasn't been singing for quite a long time already. He used to be hell alot better than that. Ehem, okay then.[/end fangirling]
By the way, thanx for sharing the pic! xDDD
CUTENESS OVERLOAD.

Outside wrote:
Owaaaaa...You're pretty smart! That might be the case! ^^ But we'll have to wait til next week's episode to know for sure, nee? ^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 19th, '10, 15:13

bellenomura wrote:
I've never mentioned how much I love your sarcasm attitude/comments eventhough they sometimes contradict my opinions, have I?
I live to entertain. :P Well, not really, but I'm glad when I do. :D
bellenomura wrote:
Outside wrote:
Owaaaaa...You're pretty smart! That might be the case! ^^ But we'll have to wait til next week's episode to know for sure, nee? ^^

They're going to end up together, me thinks. Nakaji and Haru. This has big-romantic-moment-when-the-mislead-hero-finally-realizes-his-love-and-does-something-about-it-only-to-have-the-girl-run-into-his-arms-and-apologize-to-the-other-guy-who-will-be-a-good-lad-and-say-it's-ok-and-then-accept-his-defeat written aaaall over it.

I'll actually be pleasantly surprised if she stays with Doc. Finally this series will have done something that's not predictable and a cliche.
P.S: And we're now at the 69th page.. And I'm the first poster here... It's only fair since I'm the ero/naughty kind of girl to notice these things. :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 19th, '10, 16:20

You just like to be on top, do you?

sorry, couldn't resist... :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 19th, '10, 16:47

Depends on the one I'm "dealing" with and how tired they are :roll

kimigasukinanda

Post by kimigasukinanda » Jun 19th, '10, 17:46

Warning: important and highly valuable analysis under the cut:
Wow, this show is getting ridiculous. I used to really root for Nakaji/Haru, but after seeing Haru and Doctor become so close, and seeing how good he treats her, I can't imagine her going back to Nakaji. :whistling: They waited MUCH too long to have Nakaji confess, IMO. By now, I think most viewers are already shipping Doctor/Haru (and if you're like me, you're shipping Nakaji and Linda :alcoholic:). Peach can just f*** right off, she's so boring and weird!

I hope somehow my baby Eita can be happy at the end... I guess that would be with Haru, right? Oh well, even though I don't support it, I want my baby to be happy... although we know who could make him happinest (me). Hope he likes MILFs!

bellenomura

Post by bellenomura » Jun 19th, '10, 19:07

Orion1986 wrote:
They're going to end up together, me thinks. Nakaji and Haru. This has big-romantic-moment-when-the-mislead-hero-finally-realizes-his-love-and-does-something-about-it-only-to-have-the-girl-run-into-his-arms-and-apologize-to-the-other-guy-who-will-be-a-good-lad-and-say-it's-ok-and-then-accept-his-defeat written aaaall over it.

I'll actually be pleasantly surprised if she stays with Doc. Finally this series will have done something that's not predictable and a cliche.
Ever since last week's episode (episode 9), I've decided to made a mental note that if Linda really is gonna die, we can officially declare that this drama is an exact rip-off of Asunaro Hakusho. Wait, scratch that. "Rip off" is too harsh and ridiculous of a word, I made it sound like Kitagawa plagiarized her own work and recycled it; although that might be the case here.ANYWAY, when I thought Linda didn't die at the beginning of episode 10, I thought "Oh, maybe there's a hope for this story to be a little different than Asunaro", but then in the middle of the episode, there goes my hopes and dreams when they really did kill off his character. Grrrr....Therefore, after seeing Linda bids his goodbye for good, now I have come to a conclusion that we can know EXACTLY how this drama's gonna end.

So, to equalize them:
Sunao ni Narenakute = Asunaro Hakusho

Nakaji = Kakei
Haru = Narumi
Doctor = Toride
Linda = Junichiro
Peach = Saeki

(lol I feel like I'm doing some sort of equation?)
Since in Asunaro, Junichiro dies, and in the end Toride let go of Narumi so that she can be with Kakei and he (Toride) later leaves for...Kenya? (Wth?) So I think it's safe to say that since Linda also had to f***ing die, Doctor's going to let go of Haru (or sumthin like that), she's going to be with Nakaji, and Doctor's going to go back to Korea. End of story. So much for the drama, though. If it really turns out like this, I'll be uber disappointed with Kitagawa.

Like you said, I'll be pleasantly surprised if she ends up with Doctor instead because that would definitely be something that is NOT cliche, but DAMN, I don't think that's gonna happen. I bet we all are gonna have our cliche ending by the end of this series since the patterns are following the exact same as Asunaro.
Orion1986 wrote:P.S: And we're now at the 69th page.. And I'm the first poster here... It's only fair since I'm the ero/naughty kind of girl to notice these things. :P
LOL WHAT? I actually had to read that five times to get what you were saying. Man, I feel stupid. :sweat:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 19th, '10, 19:29

You're not stupid. Just innocent. Well, more than this dirty minded girl anyway. :P

lissamae

Post by lissamae » Jun 20th, '10, 00:13

kimigasukinanda wrote:Warning: important and highly valuable analysis under the cut:

I hope somehow my baby Eita can be happy at the end... I guess that would be with Haru, right? Oh well, even though I don't support it, I want my baby to be happy... although we know who could make him happinest (me). Hope he likes MILFs!
LOL. 'Highly valuable' ? OK~~ sure.

I am thinking that his WIFE and baby are what make EITA happiest. As for NAKAJI, he is just a character on a TV drama, I am sure your 'baby's' happiness will not be affected by the drama's scriptwriters.

raimi

Post by raimi » Jun 20th, '10, 01:39

okay, that's it, I'm dropping this. :| 9 eps are clearly enough for me.

I haven't seen the series this is a "rip-off" of, but the plot angers me enough by now. As much as I like Eita, Tetsuji and Juri, that's the final ep for me. It's a pity, SunaNare tugged at my heart-strings so much.
You just had to kill Linda, YOU JUST HAD TO. For once, I'd love to see a gay character who's happy in a drama series like this. .__. (though Last Friends!Ruka kinda counts as that, but... yeah.)

lissamae

Post by lissamae » Jun 20th, '10, 02:26

raimi wrote:okay, that's it, I'm dropping this. :| 9 eps are clearly enough for me.

I haven't seen the series this is a "rip-off" of, but the plot angers me enough by now. As much as I like Eita, Tetsuji and Juri, that's the final ep for me. It's a pity, SunaNare tugged at my heart-strings so much.
You just had to kill Linda, YOU JUST HAD TO. For once, I'd love to see a gay character who's happy in a drama series like this. .__. (though Last Friends!Ruka kinda counts as that, but... yeah.)
I don't want to give too much away, but you may like Dare Yori mo Mama Ai Su (2006) The actor who plays Linda in in it.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 20th, '10, 03:00

raimi wrote:okay, that's it, I'm dropping this. :| 9 eps are clearly enough for me.

Interesting that you pointed that out: seems like gay characters in dramas either have to be tortured souls or cartoonishly flamboyant... I guess being a regular person who happens to be gay makes for an uninteresting character in the J-drama world. :scratch:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 20th, '10, 05:47

It's true. We were talking about it in the Jang Keun Suk thread. Most works about gay people in Japan and South Korea are sad. It's like "You're Gay = You suffer and/or die" in japanese and korean movies.
Either that or we get Masumi-like over the top characters that are comic reliefs.

I mean, why make homosexuality depressing or a joke? Is that how you're trying to promote it as a part of society and get people used to it? Cause lemme tell you something, you're doing it wrong.

I just wish we'd get more normal and down to Earth gay characters in j and k works. And if the actor is good and character well written, they are anything but boring.
Has anyone seen the korean drama "Personal Taste"? There's actually a very normal gay man there and he's the most interesting character in it. Because he's an honorable person, a normal man and also played by a very talented actor.

Linda as well is presented as weak, suffering, but unable to do something about it. He's shown as a coward.
Unless they had shock value in mind like "Don't be afraid to come out of the closet cause holding it in will hurt you", but I doubt such a shallow series had such important moral lessons for its viewers in mind.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 20th, '10, 07:28

Orion1986 wrote:It's true. We were talking about it in the Jang Keun Suk thread. Most works about gay people in Japan and South Korea are sad. It's like "You're Gay = You suffer and/or die" in japanese and korean movies.
Either that or we get Masumi-like over the top characters that are comic reliefs.
You read my mind about Masumi from Nodame. :)
I mean, why make homosexuality depressing or a joke? Is that how you're trying to promote it as a part of society and get people used to it? Cause lemme tell you something, you're doing it wrong.

I just wish we'd get more normal and down to Earth gay characters in j and k works. And if the actor is good and character well written, they are anything but boring.
Has anyone seen the korean drama "Personal Taste"? There's actually a very normal gay man there and he's the most interesting character in it. Because he's an honorable person, a normal man and also played by a very talented actor.

Linda as well is presented as weak, suffering, but unable to do something about it. He's shown as a coward.
Unless they had shock value in mind like "Don't be afraid to come out of the closet cause holding it in will hurt you", but I doubt such a shallow series had such important moral lessons for its viewers in mind.
Yeah, I doubt that was the intent...

Last Friends handled that issue quite well (IMO) by having Ruka deal with it in a pretty honest manner... If that had been the main focus instead of that "other" story, it would have been a great, even landmark, drama...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 20th, '10, 08:10

Well, personally, I think it was. I mean, they did try and focus on the abuse, but Ruka/Juri is such an amazing character and performance that it overshadowed all else, even if not intended.

And I agree. They handled it in a very respectful manner.

raimi

Post by raimi » Jun 20th, '10, 10:39

Orion1986 wrote:
Last Friends handled that issue quite well (IMO) by having Ruka deal with it in a pretty honest manner... If that had been the main focus instead of that "other" story, it would have been a great, even landmark, drama...
Last Friends is pretty much the only series I've seen where the gay character's issues were handled well and didn't leave her to be alone and suffering because she loved another woman.

I'm just, guuuuhh. I'd love to see a gay character who's normal. ): as you mentioned above, not suffering because she/he is gay and not a comic relief-character.

I've seen a couple of eps of Personal Taste.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 20th, '10, 11:04

Well, if you keep watching, you'll find the character I'm talking about. :-)

vege-okonomiyaki

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » Jun 20th, '10, 13:46

Orion1986 wrote:It's true. We were talking about it in the Jang Keun Suk thread. Most works about gay people in Japan and South Korea are sad. It's like "You're Gay = You suffer and/or die" in japanese and korean movies.

Ooh, one of my pet subjects! :D It's not just an Asian drama thing - it's a long-standing "tradition" in Western film and television to kill off (or just make incredibly miserable) gay and lesbian characters. There are many books on the subject e.g. - Vito Russo's The Celluloid Closet.

http://home.surewest.net/lcountry/cliche.html

This may be slightly off-topic but when Tara on Buffy the Vampire Slayer got killed off, there was a huge outcry on the web from gay and lesbian fans dismayed that the normally enlightened Joss Whedon had written an episode that reinforced the 'Dead Lesbian Cliche' that many thought had itself become extinct!

http://www.stephenbooth.org/lesbiancliche.htm

It's nothing new, but it would be nice if drama writers could try to stop reinforcing these stereotypes, because it just encourages homophobia and makes life harder for people on the verge of 'coming out'. It's just lazy writing in my opinion.
There are a hundred different things you could have done with Linda's character, but they just didn't have the care or inclination, apparently. Like the druggie brother and the pusher student, they've been introduced as important story elements and then just disappeared when the writer ran out of ideas. He only met Nakaji a couple of months ago, but now he's really to end his life over it??? Seems like they just wanted to use and lose the character. So why make him a major character to begin with? Purely for the shock factor. So then Nakaji gets the shock of his life and apparently only then realises that he loves Haru. So dumb...! And I feel used, as a viewer and a queer woman.
I liked Last Friends a lot more because nothing bad happened to Ruka! :wub: Even if she didn't get exactly what she wanted, she got something that made her happy. :cheers:
Last edited by vege-okonomiyaki on Jun 20th, '10, 14:42, edited 2 times in total.

vege-okonomiyaki

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » Jun 20th, '10, 14:39

Oh, and speaking of Last Friends - surely I'm not the only one that noticed the similarities in that scene at Linda's when
he leans over, and holds the sleeping Nakaji - after putting a blanket over him - is soooo eerily similar to the scene in the first episode of LF when Ruka first puts a blanket over, then leans in, and kisses sleeping Michiru? The muted light, the blanket, the sleeping object of affection, the way it was shot...
And the way they slowly zoom in on the back of Linda's head all the time - when he was hides his true character/feelings - they did that with Ruka, too. I know it's the same production company, but it really is like they're trying to do 'LF : Alternate Universe' sometimes...lol

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Jun 20th, '10, 14:45

while we're still on the gay/lesbian portrayal in Asian drama topic, I'd like to introduce a Thai drama called "Tomorrow, I'll still love you." A gay couple there (not the main couple though) didnt face a tragic ending. I was quite surprised to see a gay couple featured in a prime time drama like it's the most normal thing in the world. (I'm Thai, btw)

for people who wanna check this drama out

warning: very melodramatic and quite annoying storyline (I myself only watched it for the gay couple)

Outside

Post by Outside » Jun 20th, '10, 14:46

Here's the trans of Jae+Juri's interview:

Haru and Doctor,Ueno Juri and Jaejoong who played the couple role.
Looking back what left each others impression on their role?

JJ = Jaejoong

UJ = Ueno Juri

JJ: Haru was amazing. She is just amazing. So much that I can’t make it into words.

UJ: what!? Make it into words *laugh*

JJ: oh, okay *laughs* Haru is a strong women…like Doctor is a little immature so Haru was always leading him.

UJ: really? Haru seems like she’s bright and strong but she seems to be indecisive. But to Haru, it seems like Doctor made her positive. Doctor is honest, has a pure heart, playful, and would protect you.

JJ: *shy* I’m so happy to hear that! Doctor is a good guy. Me, myself is a good guy too, right? *laughs*

UJ: yeah. You take care of everyone. I think you’re relied by many people.

JJ: *shy x 2* (pours tea to Ueno Juri-chan)

UJ: see, he is reliable like this *laughs* Jaejoong-kun likes people so maybe that’s how his power is made. And he makes the atmosphere good too, I want to learn from him!

JJ: thank you *shy* I’m simple-minded so when someone praises me it makes me want to make them happy, like… it makes me want to make them have fun.

UJ: Thanks to Jaejoong-kun filming was fun.

JJ: im sad that sunanare is ending. I can’t meet everyone anymore….

UJ: you’re becoming low? *laughs*

JJ: Everyone might be used to parting in dramas but im sad!

UJ: so, since you’re sad, are you not going to be in dramas anymore? *laughs*

JJ: what!? This and that is different! *laughs*

—————————-

The one in 'red' up there, sounds to me like they are talking about each other personality instead of the actual characters! hahaha

------------------------------
Jaejoong said “Juri-chan is amazing. She’s never tired” with respect he also said “she has guts!”
She sure does! That's what set her apart from other actresses.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 20th, '10, 15:27

vege-okonomiyaki wrote:It's nothing new, but it would be nice if drama writers could try to stop reinforcing these stereotypes, because it just encourages homophobia and makes life harder for people on the verge of 'coming out'. It's just lazy writing in my opinion.
Interesting that you should mention that: a ways back on the Nodame thread at J-D, the one lone item I didn't really like about the drama was the Masumi character was portrayed as flamboyant and obsessive, a stereotypical gay portrayal in dramas... And one member accused me of being a homophobe for criticizing that stereotype... WTF????? :scratch:
I liked Last Friends a lot more because nothing bad happened to Ruka! :wub: Even if she didn't get exactly what she wanted, she got something that made her happy. :cheers:
True.

Now if only that were the only story in that drama, it would have been great... Someone should re-cut that drama and make it Ruka's story and not Michiru's. :mrgreen:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 21st, '10, 03:30

LOL, when I was working in the yard today, I saw this Korean guy walking through my neighborhood and he so looked like Doctor with the hair color, hairstyle, and physical features....

I really wanted to call him out and kick his butt. :P

bellenomura

Post by bellenomura » Jun 21st, '10, 06:52

vege-okonomiyaki wrote:It's nothing new, but it would be nice if drama writers could try to stop reinforcing these stereotypes, because it just encourages homophobia and makes life harder for people on the verge of 'coming out'. It's just lazy writing in my opinion.
There are a hundred different things you could have done with Linda's character, but they just didn't have the care or inclination, apparently. Like the druggie brother and the pusher student, they've been introduced as important story elements and then just disappeared when the writer ran out of ideas. He only met Nakaji a couple of months ago, but now he's really to end his life over it??? Seems like they just wanted to use and lose the character. So why make him a major character to begin with? Purely for the shock factor. So then Nakaji gets the shock of his life and apparently only then realises that he loves Haru. So dumb...! And I feel used, as a viewer and a queer woman.
I wonder if the fact that almost ALL Japanese dramas having between 9 to 12 episodes standards is one of the factors why it's hard for them to elaborate on other characters story deeply or made it looked like it was lazy written? I mean, I had a feeling that if they were so focused in fitting every possible plots into 10 or 11 episodes, there're bound to have alot of other things left out or plot holes or plots that seemed to be too rushed. That might be the reason for Linda's case?
Then again, there were 2 episodes that were pretty slow so maybe if they had utilized those episodes better, alot of things could have fitted.

Speaking of gay characters, are there any Gleeks (Glee audience) here? Kurt Hummel (the gay character from Glee) is my most FAVOURITE character in the series! Even my two brothers and cousin likes his character the best. I've read some reviews on Glee and it said that the drama had a good handling on homosexual issues. Wish they had a good handling on Linda's character as well...

bmwracer wrote:LOL, when I was working in the yard today, I saw this Korean guy walking through my neighborhood and he so looked like Doctor with the hair color, hairstyle, and physical features....

I really wanted to call him out and kick his butt.
LOL If it were me I would TOTALLY have stalked him. Hehehe.
That guy's Korean, huh? I think Doctor/Jaejoong looks pretty much Japanese despite the fact that he is pure Korean. His facial features looks Japanese-ish. Alot of people around me who doesn't know him mistook him for a Japanese.

Outside wrote:The one in 'red' up there, sounds to me like they are talking about each other personality instead of the actual characters! hahaha
I think they really are talking about their actual characters; the really immature Doctor and the really indecisive Haru. xD

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Jun 21st, '10, 15:46

Orion1986 wrote:P.S: And we're now at the 69th page.. And I'm the first poster here... It's only fair since I'm the ero/naughty kind of girl to notice these things. :P
HAHA you weren't the only one :lol :P

Julieho

Post by Julieho » Jun 23rd, '10, 06:32

Does anyone know if this show has reruns on TV in Japan, of the last episode?

Cerviel

Post by Cerviel » Jun 24th, '10, 21:27

After watching the final episode
Well... I don't understand Japanese too well but... I was kinda hoping for more.
More drama, more romance, more closure, more feeling. Any of those would have been fine.

This episode seemed so forced to me. Let's make everyone happy and forget about or quickly solve all of their problems. That was the only feeling I got from watching it.
Pretty disappointing. :7

Oh well. At least Jaejoong was eye candy.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 24th, '10, 22:35

Just watched the final EP, too:
Since the beginning i wasn't sure whether i should like this drama or wether it's just plain boring for me. But I liked how they wrapped it all up it was a nice, light ending (they could have done without the airship though). They've all grown and matured a bit. Especially doc taking over at his father's company and saying sorry to haru about forcing his feelings on her was pretty impressive. I'm glad there was no big love scene, if they had left Nakaji in Iraq it would have been perfect ;) ;)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 24th, '10, 22:56

Well, deleting this series, finally. Hated the episode. It was even more shallow than the series was before, unsatisfying, boring and I actually skipped scenes to get to the point.
This is easily one of the worst series I've seen. So, glad we had our talks and let's all move on and try to put this weirdness behind us. :P

BabyV.O.X4Eva

Post by BabyV.O.X4Eva » Jun 24th, '10, 23:24

Disappointing is all i can say.
Didnt understand much..but man i thought this was a really good drama till the last 3 eps.
First drama i have watched that i feel like i wasted my time -.-

JC

Post by JC » Jun 25th, '10, 01:13

So, I just watched episode 9...
So it was Linda behind the door! I did NOT see that one coming.

Episode 9 was a decent episode because it finally dealt with who I thought from the start was one of the better characters. Linda always seemed decent, caring and didn't annoy me how the others did. He seemed like the only damn adult amongst those muppets, which is why it was pretty heartbreaking to see how he fell apart. But it all happened too quickly.

It's a shame that all the Linda drama got shunted into one episode though. I feel like if the writer had paced the story better from the start that we could have gotten a better lead up. And things which were hinted at with Linda should have carried more weight instead of being so flippantly passed off. Things like; Nakaji wondering if something was going on between him and the editor, what Linda was having to do to keep his job and protect Nakaji. And it would have been nice to have seen Nakaji and Linda having an actual friendship sooner which went beyond...

Linda: These pictures are good.
Nakaji: Really!?
Linda: Yeah. I'll show them to my editor.
Nakaji: Thanks. Well, I better go
*Nakaji dashes off and leaves something behind*
*Linda picks it up slowly and sniffs it. Then runs off to the toilets to take a one handed ticket to fap city*

Seeing them as friends in episode 9 was great. And what I've seen of their scenes in episode 10 is really touching. But I feel like we should have seen more of it sooner. Dr., Haru and those drug head kids got too much air time in episodes which pushed aside the better story and character.

I also feel like Linda should have died in that toilet, as opposed to the whole He's alive!! Oh no wait, he's dead crap that got pulled. I feel like it would have made a bigger statement and been even more tragic to not give Linda a second chance to be able to resolve things with Nakaji and to die not realizing he has friends. It's morbid, but I love a bit of tragedy. And you would have felt it having it happen to a likeable character; as opposed to somebody like Dr and his sister. I'd crack open the bubbly if he stabbed his sister and then took a knife to his own throat. I can't STAND neither of them. He went downhill the second he played Hero to Haru on the rooftop.

I also wonder why Linda didn't just use his iPhone to type messages if it hurt to talk.

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Jun 25th, '10, 03:38

wow, the final episode left me speechless :blink
i can't believe that the scriptwriter thought it was ok for haru to dump doctor after rejecting nakaji's request to stay with him.
haru's excuse to dump doctor was lame to say the least.
he was too much of a distraction and that's why she failed her exam?? yeah, right :roll
doctor even visited japan when he heard that haru finally passed the exam, and haru didn't seem very appreciative.
i guess the last episode wanted to show that nakaji and haru finally got together.
whatever happened to haru's mom and nakaji's dad? :unsure:
i guess they left the part out for us to decide...
i'm really disappointed in this drama.
i think the writers and the staff really messed up a decent starting plot.
on a positive note, i want to add that japan won against denmark in the world cup this morning 3-1 and are advancing to the next round :cheers:
GOOOOOO JAPAN!!!! :party: