[Discussion] Sunao ni Narenakute (Ueno Juri, Eita)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 25th, '10, 05:57

Orion1986 wrote:Well, deleting this series, finally. Hated the episode. It was even more shallow than the series was before, unsatisfying, boring and I actually skipped scenes to get to the point.
This is easily one of the worst series I've seen. So, glad we had our talks and let's all move on and try to put this weirdness behind us. :P
LOL.

Say what you will, but as frustrating as this drama was, it's still nowhere near the train wreck that Last Friends was.

And as anticlimactic as the ending was to this drama, I still liked the final result. :P

Now I have to wait for the subs and re-watch it.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 25th, '10, 06:41

Well, we already know we disagree on that. :P Last Friends might have deviated from the original plan and Juri-chan, but it rocked. At least, for me. And personally, I still only gave a damn about Ruka and Takeru. Lol.

This one though... Man. I knew there could be JuriXEita stuff I wouldn't like much, but not EitaXJuri stuff I'd hate. I have to watch Last Friends again for "therapy". :rofl:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 25th, '10, 13:55

Orion1986 wrote:Well, we already know we disagree on that. :P Last Friends might have deviated from the original plan and Juri-chan, but it rocked. At least, for me. And personally, I still only gave a damn about Ruka and Takeru. Lol.
That's the only thing that really rocked in that drama: Juri-chan's performance. :mrgreen:
This one though... Man. I knew there could be JuriXEita stuff I wouldn't like much, but not EitaXJuri stuff I'd hate. I have to watch Last Friends again for "therapy". :rofl:
LOL.

If you need Juri-Eita therapy, watch Summer Time Machine Blues. :thumright:

vege-okonomiyaki

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » Jun 25th, '10, 18:24

Orion1986 wrote:Well, we already know we disagree on that. :P Last Friends might have deviated from the original plan and Juri-chan, but it rocked. At least, for me. And personally, I still only gave a damn about Ruka and Takeru. Lol.

I agree with every word, Orion. :D

LOL Beem, you're so predictable - LF gets mentioned and you automatically bag it. We KNOW already! :P

Does anyone know if there will be a SPecial, or is that really "it"? :blink

Now months of waiting for Juri's taiga, phew! But a second Nodame DVD still to come while we wait! :cheers:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 26th, '10, 06:09

Credit: mayeve

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 26th, '10, 07:25

Lol, it would be an interesting documentation on human emotions and interaction to sit me and bmwracer next to each other and force us to watch both Last Friends and this one.
If we survived the experiment, we'd probably never talk to each other again or (and this is more likely) we would kill each other before the first episode was over. :rofl:

Nah, I loves ya, man. :P

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 26th, '10, 07:51

Orion1986 wrote:Lol, it would be an interesting documentation on human emotions and interaction to sit me and bmwracer next to each other and force us to watch both Last Friends and this one.
If we survived the experiment, we'd probably never talk to each other again or (and this is more likely) we would kill each other before the first episode was over. :rofl:
LOL, we're at that point already aren't we? :lol

Romance

Post by Romance » Jun 26th, '10, 12:48

Just watched the last and how... unexciting.
This drama was BIMYOU :scratch:

bellenomura

Post by bellenomura » Jun 27th, '10, 03:02

Well, I dunno bout you guys, but I F***ING LOVED the last episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xDDDDDD
bmwracer wrote:Say what you will, but as frustrating as this drama was, it's still nowhere near the train wreck that Last Friends was.

And as anticlimactic as the ending was to this drama, I still liked the final result. :P

Now I have to wait for the subs and re-watch it.
It's definitely much better with subs. I usually watched every episode 'raw' and re-watch it with subs later, but I didn't do that for the last episode and waited until the subs were completed before I watched it, therefore the ending gave a deep impact on me because I avoided all possible spoilers.

Anyway,
I really liked how they wrapped up everything.
I thought the drama would end off with the SunaNare group slowly breaking up and not seeing eachother anymore, like how they first started off, but no it didn't. And at least the whole thing wasn't too predictable like how I expected it to be.
The best thing was that FINALLY we get to see each characters' progression and development by the end of it; Peach became super pretty, Haru and Doctor grew up (LOL & Doctor suddenly became really handsome :wub:), and Nakaji got tanned!!! LOOOOL xDDDD
I don't care what other people think. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that it ended that way. Maybe the reason why I love the ending alot is because I really hated episode 10 so I was expecting more disappointments, hating, and no development out of the characters.
The ending made me forget the whole disappointments I had with the series before.
The ONLY thing I wished was that
Haru and Doctor had a kiss scene. *gets kicked*
That's the only thing I could have asked for. Hahaha.
Despite that, I'm really satisfied.

Kyaaaa.....I feel all fluffy now. I think one way to enjoy a drama is by not expecting anything too much. And since I was really expecting the 'worst' from the last episode, I got a good whack of fangirling watching the whole thing. I must be really fortunate to feel this way.

Hah...I can't believe the drama's over now. I'm gonna miss it.

Sayonara 素直になれなくて~~~
It's been one heck of an emotion roller coaster ride for me. ^_^

Last edited by bellenomura on Jun 27th, '10, 05:12, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 27th, '10, 03:15

bellenomura wrote:
The best thing was that FINALLY we get to see each characters' progression and development by the end of it; Peach became super pretty, Haru and Doctor grew up (LOL & Doctor suddenly became really handsome :wub:), and Nakaji got tanned!!! LOOOOL xDDDD
Ehhh? Peach got super pretty??? Doctor suddenly became handsome??

That must've been a totally different drama than the one I watched. :scratch:
I'm TOTALLY glad that didn't happen. :mrgreen:

bellenomura

Post by bellenomura » Jun 27th, '10, 05:15

bmwracer wrote:
bellenomura wrote:
Ehhh? Peach got super pretty??? Doctor suddenly became handsome??

That must've been a totally different drama than the one I watched. :scratch:
I'm TOTALLY glad that didn't happen. :mrgreen:
*ignores* :lol :lol :lol

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Jun 27th, '10, 11:45

bellenomura wrote:The ONLY thing I wished was that
omg i totally feel the same way :thumright:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 27th, '10, 14:56

miznagase wrote:
bellenomura wrote:The ONLY thing I wished was that
omg i totally feel the same way :thumright:
well, technically they did. just in the first epi though...but cute enough for me :wub:
argh...i wonder if this is the best we can get from both juri and eita. I mean, this might be the only drama ever they're a couple! But fate seems to like to pair them up in dramas/movies :D

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 27th, '10, 15:35

avieamber wrote:well, technically they did. just in the first epi though...but cute enough for me :wub:
That was Juri-chan and Eita, not Juri-chan and Doctor.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 27th, '10, 16:09

bmwracer wrote:
avieamber wrote:well, technically they did. just in the first epi though...but cute enough for me :wub:
Ooops! I guess I read that too fast :blink that I missed the word Doctor :lol , maybe there's a policy that the artists( like JJ) can't kiss on-screen or sth...haha

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 27th, '10, 17:16

avieamber wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
Ooops! I guess I read that too fast :blink that I missed the word Doctor :lol , maybe there's a policy that the artists( like JJ) can't kiss on-screen or sth...haha
LOL, maybe. :lol
Or maybe Juri-chan requested to not kiss Jaejoong. :P

BabyV.O.X4Eva

Post by BabyV.O.X4Eva » Jun 27th, '10, 19:10

Ok forget what i posted earlier =x from now on im not watching the drama without subs cause turns out i was COMPLETLY wrong.

i am quite satisfied with the last ep xD i was still sad that Rinda wasnt there =[ i really wanted to see all 5 of them together again but uh yeah... kinda impossible xD
Dr. really did grow up! Suprised that he admitted to pushing his feelings on Haru. Peach wasnt so annoying haha i loved the scene where she threw her bracelet away.
They all really became stronger in the end! Nakaji..i was kinda pissed that he didnt say bye to Haru...eh i didnt really understand that. Oh yeah Minha is just ADORABLE. The end was good...not too sappy..yet it made me squee quite a bit =] The thing that i wanted was Haru and Nakaji to find out there parents are lovers =o just cause i wanted to see there reactions ;D
So yeah i liked this drama...i wouldn't say it was the best...but then i really wouldn't know cause this is the 3rd drama i accually completed =x

Henkka

Post by Henkka » Jun 27th, '10, 21:48

I thought this drama was quite excellent. Didn't quite reach the level of Orange Days for me though, but still.
Have to say, I'm disappointed there was no
kiss scene between Haru and Nakaji
in the end. Call me old-fashioned and boring but dammit, it bothers me!
Like a song with a piano outro that omits the very last note that you're aching to hear -- but the pianist just won't play it. Damn it! :P

JC

Post by JC » Jun 28th, '10, 01:10

bmwracer wrote:Say what you will, but as frustrating as this drama was, it's still nowhere near the train wreck that Last Friends was.
I'm going to have to roll with Last friends. I actually burnt that to DVD. I haven't even bothered to download Sunao ni narenakute.
Last friends was a mess too, but it compelled me to watch. Sunao ni narenakute feels like a complete train wreck because it wastes what is a stellar cast and paints the characters in such a way that you find it hard to like them. I know that punching bag chick from Last friends was annoying to the point where you looked forward to the next time she'd get smacked. But Ruka had me feel SO empathetic that Juri's performance was able to carry that whole drama and make it work JUST enough for me. I didn't feel for ANY of the characters in Sunao. I hated Nakaji, Haru and Dr. I wanted Nakaji to fall down a flight of stairs, Haru to get beat upside her head by Dr. and for Dr's plane to Korea to spontaneously combust. And whilst I liked Peach and Linda, they felt too under-used and sidelined for me to care enough about them. Even with Peach having lost her baby and Linda dying.

Tetsuji Tamayama was WASTED in this drama. He may as well have not been in it. The first drama in God knows how long where he's playing a likeable warm hearted character and not some broody **** - and what to the writers do? Under use him, have him get harassed at work, turn into some creepy gay and then kill him off. Tetsuji should get his own drama for even agreeing to play the role after reading Sunao's mess of a script.
Last edited by JC on Jun 28th, '10, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 28th, '10, 03:23

^ Honestly, the only reason that compelled me to watch either of those two dramas were Juri-chan... And she didn't disappoint... Only the dramas as a whole crashed and burned.

dyanmae

Post by dyanmae » Jun 28th, '10, 04:22

im a new fan of juri-chan ^_^ yay! hehe. the dorama sunao ni narenakute had just ended, then what's next for juri chan? any news? and oh wait i've been searching for naoko and Guu-Guu Datte Neko de Aru with eng subs but im so pissed i cant find it! could someone help me? thanks!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 28th, '10, 04:48

dyanmae wrote:im a new fan of juri-chan ^_^ yay! hehe. the dorama sunao ni narenakute had just ended, then what's next for juri chan? any news?
Juri-chan starts work on an NHK Taiga drama in August.

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 28th, '10, 06:37

bellenomura wrote:Well, I dunno bout you guys, but I F***ING LOVED the last episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xDDDDDD

Anyway,
I really liked how they wrapped up everything.
I thought the drama would end off with the SunaNare group slowly breaking up and not seeing eachother anymore, like how they first started off, but no it didn't. And at least the whole thing wasn't too predictable like how I expected it to be.
I don't care what other people think. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that it ended that way. Maybe the reason why I love the ending alot is because I really hated episode 10 so I was expecting more disappointments, hating, and no development out of the characters.
The ending made me forget the whole disappointments I had with the series before.

Hah...I can't believe the drama's over now. I'm gonna miss it.

Sayonara 素直になれなくて~~~
It's been one heck of an emotion roller coaster ride for me. ^_^
Well, I didn't lurvve it as much as you did, but I enjoyed the last episode. Probably because like you, I learned to lower my expectations and be prepared for the worst possible outcome. LOL. So it turned out to be a pleasant surprise how they tied up the loose ends about
Nakaji and Haru's parents relationship. They're not half siblings - thank gawd! :roll And Haru's brother admitting his drug problems to his family . A little too neat, but still glad to see some resolution and answers finally.

And yes,
a little kiss between Doctor and Haru at the bus station would have been nice, even a forehead kiss will do. Poor guy never got to kiss her even once throughout their entire courtship. :lol I went *awww* together with Minha and Peach when they hugged though. lol

Doctor suddenly seemed a lot cooler and more grown up when he returned to Korea. Gotta love that smirk on his face when his staff praised his management abilities. Hawt! :P
Much as I wasn't convinced of Nakaji's love for Haru throughout the drama and their relationship wasn't developed as well as it should've been to make me root for this OTP, it still was so cute to see them together at the end, because it was Juri and Eita. Those two have a shorthand chemistry built-in from their previous dramas already, and the writer took full advantage of that. Just by a look or a glance, they convey so much feeling for each other. Adorable scene at the end.
This reminds me of the last scene in Long Vacation where Sena keeps calling out 'Minami!' joyfully. :wub:

What, are they all going to continue calling each other by their twitter nicknames? It's a bit strange don't you think? I mean Haru and Peach have been friends since high school and should be used to calling each other by their real names. Doctor isn't even really a doctor.....eh, whatever. At least Haru's mother still calls her Tsukiko. lol.

To me, this drama is as lightweight as a box of crackers, when I was looking for something a lil more substantial to satisfy my cravings in a new Jdrama. It's been a while since I last watched a Jdrama and I forgot how lightweight most of them tend to be. Thing is, this writer had written some stellar dramas in the past like Long Vacation and Orange Days with really memorable and endearing characters and their relationships, which is why I expected more from Sunao. It wasn't in the same class compared to these other dramas, nope - not by a long shot. But if I don't compare and just judge this drama for what it is, then I feel a lot more charitable in my overall opinion of Sunao. For me it's worth a watch if only for the *adorable* cast (here's that word again, lol, I can't think of a more fitting description than adorable) and their genuine likability and camaraderie together. The characters all irritated me at some point with their weakness/indecisiveness/selfishness and I wasn't very emotionally attached to any of them the way I'd be with a well written character, but all were good people and I didn't hate anyone at the end of the day. They are just regular people, not heroic at all. Sure, with a better script the drama could have been so much more. But the cast did their best with what they had. *fangirling/ And I'm looking forward to seeing Jejung in a less dorky role for his next drama already. /fangirling over* LOL So long, farewell drama! :D :P

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 28th, '10, 13:37

If anyone cares anymore, Episode 10 subs are out: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_84306.htm

Dramaniac Fansub

Post by Dramaniac Fansub » Jun 28th, '10, 14:16

dyanmae wrote:im a new fan of juri-chan ^_^ yay! hehe. the dorama sunao ni narenakute had just ended, then what's next for juri chan? any news? and oh wait i've been searching for naoko and Guu-Guu Datte Neko de Aru with eng subs but im so pissed i cant find it! could someone help me? thanks!
These are both out there with English subs. I got the lossy versions from Asiantorrents, but that site is closed. You can get the lossless from asiandvdclub.

dyanmae

Post by dyanmae » Jun 29th, '10, 14:04

Dramaniac Fansub wrote:
dyanmae wrote:im a new fan of juri-chan ^_^ yay! hehe. the dorama sunao ni narenakute had just ended, then what's next for juri chan? any news? and oh wait i've been searching for naoko and Guu-Guu Datte Neko de Aru with eng subs but im so pissed i cant find it! could someone help me? thanks!
These are both out there with English subs. I got the lossy versions from Asiantorrents, but that site is closed. You can get the lossless from asiandvdclub.
thanks! i'll try to look for it later :)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 6th, '10, 17:35

Looks like Querbeet finished the subs for Episode 11 before jixji: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... tm#1304753 :sweat:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 7th, '10, 03:56

after watching the last episode:
I didn't expect that this drama will have such a BLANK END.
Also, I think that it got more than 70 pages because of the cast.. definitely NOT because of the story....

voldemort

Post by voldemort » Jul 7th, '10, 17:55

Yeah I was disappointed in the last episode too. No shared moment. The end just came up out of nowhere... what's the use... eveyrbody already knew it would end with that couple, so at least make it enjoyable for the watcher !

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jul 7th, '10, 17:59

The only part I liked was when Nakaji's dad didn't spend any of that money Nakaji gave him.... I think that was the most surprising moment in the episode ^_^U

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 7th, '10, 19:07

«minah» wrote:
The only part I liked was when Nakaji's dad didn't spend any of that money Nakaji gave him.... I think that was the most surprising moment in the episode ^_^U
the most and the only.

I haven't watched such a final episode of a drama in my whole life! :glare:

lollercopter

Post by lollercopter » Jul 8th, '10, 08:03

I thought the strangest thing about this was how neglected and underwritten Peach is. She has a history of self-harm and attempts suicide, but this is forgotten in five minutes and makes no difference (apparently suicidal behavior is no cause for alarm). She gets pregnant and miscarries, but this is likewise quickly forgotten and has no impact on anything. She is purportedly best friends with Haru, but their relationship is unconvincing as they barely spend any time together. Peach is around and doing stuff, but not as much as everyone else, and none of it seems to matter or have any lasting effect on the story. I almost thought she wasn't even going to be in the finale until she appeared halfway through. I don't think we ever even saw her apartment, or got much of an idea about her personal life.

Megumi Seki is a good actress, so if you're going to have her in your ensemble cast you should make her count. By the way, she and Juri Ueno co-starred in Arch Angels. She has also worked with Eita before.

Another thing was that the subplot with Haru's brother was apparently just forgotten until someone noticed at the last minute and they rushed to include it in the finale. That crazy student of Haru's was also forgotten somewhere along the way. An 11 episode drama shouldn't have problems like this. And what is up with Nakaji's goddamn leather pants? Did he wear those in Iraq too? What a disastrous fashion sense he has.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 8th, '10, 13:27

lollercopter wrote:And what is up with Nakaji's goddamn leather pants? Did he wear those in Iraq too? What a disastrous fashion sense he has.
LOL. :lol

I guess those are the type of pants you wear when you're a player. :lol :lol :lol

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jul 8th, '10, 16:50

lollercopter wrote:I thought the strangest thing about this was how neglected and underwritten Peach is. She has a history of self-harm and attempts suicide, but this is forgotten in five minutes and makes no difference (apparently suicidal behavior is no cause for alarm). She gets pregnant and miscarries, but this is likewise quickly forgotten and has no impact on anything. She is purportedly best friends with Haru, but their relationship is unconvincing as they barely spend any time together. Peach is around and doing stuff, but not as much as everyone else, and none of it seems to matter or have any lasting effect on the story. I almost thought she wasn't even going to be in the finale until she appeared halfway through. I don't think we ever even saw her apartment, or got much of an idea about her personal life.

Megumi Seki is a good actress, so if you're going to have her in your ensemble cast you should make her count. By the way, she and Juri Ueno co-starred in Arch Angels. She has also worked with Eita before.

Another thing was that the subplot with Haru's brother was apparently just forgotten until someone noticed at the last minute and they rushed to include it in the finale. That crazy student of Haru's was also forgotten somewhere along the way. An 11 episode drama shouldn't have problems like this. And what is up with Nakaji's goddamn leather pants? Did he wear those in Iraq too? What a disastrous fashion sense he has.
I agree with what you said. Peach tried to commit suicide and gets a miscarriage..... but when Linda tried to commit suicide... EVERYONE seems to be all over him in the hospital and feeling guilty and thinking it was their fault. Sadly he dies, but everyone was feeling bad for him while he was still alive but for Peach.... who cares she lost her baby and who cares she tried to kill herself. Not like they tried to get her any therapy or anything or tried to spend more time with her to make sure how she's feeling. They kept saying "I never realized how Linda really felt" blah blah blah but not like they realized how she felt too. I think what she went through was kinda as bad Linda.

And yeah... with the brother doing drugs (Again) didn't they already suspect it? So why not try to get him help the first time and what exactly made him wanna tell his family? And that kid who was stalking Haru... how he made that phone call some episodes ago... it made me think "Oh... she's actually gonna help him so I guess we'll see him again..." Nope. It just ended really abruptly (and it appeared that the student actually had some kinda of a role in the series.... I just didn't think it would be for half of the series.... or like 1/3) But yeah... I dunno why they made Haru and Nakaji go through so much just so they can hold hands for a few seconds in the last episode... And I still don't know why everyone likes him >_<!

JaeRi

Post by JaeRi » Jul 9th, '10, 09:49

well..
what can i say
the story got so many things to explain..so many characters with their own problems
but
they just have limited eps..only 11..lols
shikatanai ne..^^;;
what made go "dawww"..is when haru finally said that she likes doctor. TT^TT..that was just so sweet
haru even didn't say "i like you" directly to nakaji right, if i'm not mistaken..
just made me..TT______TT
sweet yet sad.. my fav quotes:
"haru, choahe" "choahe tte nani?" "suki desu"(while whispering to haru's ears..whispering..kyaa.>.<and>____<

however they have to follow the script right..that's why at the end haru end up with nakaji..lols..okay..me with my jaeri biassed..sorry..xD :wub:

Romance

Post by Romance » Jul 9th, '10, 11:22

Yes, the were way too many side storys that either had no impact or resolved to anything.

Gia3000

Post by Gia3000 » Jul 10th, '10, 05:23

Is there a soundtrack for this drama? If so, what are the chances that it will be made available on DA?

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 10th, '10, 22:56

«minah» wrote: I agree with what you said. Peach tried to commit suicide and gets a miscarriage..... but when Linda tried to commit suicide... EVERYONE seems to be all over him in the hospital and feeling guilty and thinking it was their fault. Sadly he dies, but everyone was feeling bad for him while he was still alive but for Peach.... who cares she lost her baby and who cares she tried to kill herself. Not like they tried to get her any therapy or anything or tried to spend more time with her to make sure how she's feeling. They kept saying "I never realized how Linda really felt" blah blah blah but not like they realized how she felt too. I think what she went through was kinda as bad Linda.
!
Well, what happened to Peach was something she could control. She was dating a married guy who didn't love her. He was just using her for sex. She was just being stupid. I think she learned to be stronger later and move on. So people weren't as worried about her.

However no one noticed Linda had any problems and everyone owed him a lot. Linda's situation was unavoidable. He can't help that he's gay. He can't help if his background is prestigious but he can't live up to his family's expectation. He can't help loving Nakaji. Heck everyone loved him O_o no matter guys or girls. He as big obstacles which he couldn't over come. If people knew he was gay, people might talk badly about him behind his family's back. He might lose his job too. The boss was always after him for sex. And he could never live a normal life that people expect from him.
«minah» wrote: And yeah... with the brother doing drugs (Again) didn't they already suspect it? So why not try to get him help the first time and what exactly made him wanna tell his family? And that kid who was stalking Haru... how he made that phone call some episodes ago... it made me think "Oh... she's actually gonna help him so I guess we'll see him again..." Nope. It just ended really abruptly (and it appeared that the student actually had some kinda of a role in the series.... I just didn't think it would be for half of the series.... or like 1/3) But yeah... I dunno why they made Haru and Nakaji go through so much just so they can hold hands for a few seconds in the last episode... And I still don't know why everyone likes him >_<!
I think Haru's brother has been going in and out of the hospital for drug addiction. He cleans up and promises not to touch it again but then he does it again. Haru found out later and he's back into the clinic again. About the kid who was stalking Haru. I think he's suspended from school and not sure if he's in jail or maybe checked into a clinic. So we don't hear from him again. He's not in school anymore. At least Haru's school. I think he was written there so the writer could let Doctor save Haru and pair them up.

It also beats me why everyone likes Nakaji. It's so weird. Maybe he has some charisma we're not detecting.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jul 11th, '10, 02:58

seirin wrote:
«minah» wrote: I agree with what you said. Peach tried to commit suicide and gets a miscarriage..... but when Linda tried to commit suicide... EVERYONE seems to be all over him in the hospital and feeling guilty and thinking it was their fault. Sadly he dies, but everyone was feeling bad for him while he was still alive but for Peach.... who cares she lost her baby and who cares she tried to kill herself. Not like they tried to get her any therapy or anything or tried to spend more time with her to make sure how she's feeling. They kept saying "I never realized how Linda really felt" blah blah blah but not like they realized how she felt too. I think what she went through was kinda as bad Linda.
!
Well, what happened to Peach was something she could control. She was dating a married guy who didn't love her. He was just using her for sex. She was just being stupid. I think she learned to be stronger later and move on. So people weren't as worried about her.

However no one noticed Linda had any problems and everyone owed him a lot. Linda's situation was unavoidable. He can't help that he's gay. He can't help if his background is prestigious but he can't live up to his family's expectation. He can't help loving Nakaji. Heck everyone loved him O_o no matter guys or girls. He as big obstacles which he couldn't over come. If people knew he was gay, people might talk badly about him behind his family's back. He might lose his job too. The boss was always after him for sex. And he could never live a normal life that people expect from him.
«minah» wrote: And yeah... with the brother doing drugs (Again) didn't they already suspect it? So why not try to get him help the first time and what exactly made him wanna tell his family? And that kid who was stalking Haru... how he made that phone call some episodes ago... it made me think "Oh... she's actually gonna help him so I guess we'll see him again..." Nope. It just ended really abruptly (and it appeared that the student actually had some kinda of a role in the series.... I just didn't think it would be for half of the series.... or like 1/3) But yeah... I dunno why they made Haru and Nakaji go through so much just so they can hold hands for a few seconds in the last episode... And I still don't know why everyone likes him >_<!
I think Haru's brother has been going in and out of the hospital for drug addiction. He cleans up and promises not to touch it again but then he does it again. Haru found out later and he's back into the clinic again. About the kid who was stalking Haru. I think he's suspended from school and not sure if he's in jail or maybe checked into a clinic. So we don't hear from him again. He's not in school anymore. At least Haru's school. I think he was written there so the writer could let Doctor save Haru and pair them up.

It also beats me why everyone likes Nakaji. It's so weird. Maybe he has some charisma we're not detecting.
I guess you're right but still... Just it's funny how much everyone lied among each other and take everything face value... they will believe what each other says. Peach may seemed stronger, who knows if she really was... I think everyone goes through different situations and handles them differently than others. One situation for others shouldn't be thought of as exactly "worse" since everyone handles things differently. So I don't think Linda's suicide should be thought as priority over Peach's. Like minus the fact that he just seriously injured himself more than Peach did.

But they both did something that made them feel disgusted. She slept with married men, he slept with his boss to keep his job. So they kinda sold themselves off like that and their worth. And yeah, I guess it's a bit harder for him since he's gay and he can't be opened about it. but he could have not slept with the boss. He could have looked for a different job, just as Peach could have stopped sleeping around. And just the fact she had a miscarriage.. that could affect her in the future if she tried to get pregnant again, so her situation can affect her in the future than presently (but it's just a show so there is no future lol......)

But yeah... the more I think about it... No one was exactly close to each other. The only people who were was Haru and Nakaji... which they forced since they are the leads and had to be the finalized couple in the end. Nor are they completely honest with each other either.... they show should have been called "Hard to be honest" because I've noticed that a lot more than them saying "I Love You" and the only person I think had it hard was Linda because I wouldn't call Nakaji's "love" love at all.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 11th, '10, 04:59

«minah» wrote: But they both did something that made them feel disgusted. She slept with married men, he slept with his boss to keep his job. So they kinda sold themselves off like that and their worth. And yeah, I guess it's a bit harder for him since he's gay and he can't be opened about it. but he could have not slept with the boss. He could have looked for a different job, just as Peach could have stopped sleeping around. And just the fact she had a miscarriage.. that could affect her in the future if she tried to get pregnant again, so her situation can affect her in the future than presently (but it's just a show so there is no future lol......)
It depends, situations for one person can be worse than for others. Peach slept with a married guy because she was lonely/weak and needed someone. Linda slept with the boss cuz he was trying to help Nakaji get the photo job. He could quit and find another job but the economy is in a recession. It might not be so easy to "just find another job".
«minah» wrote: But yeah... the more I think about it... No one was exactly close to each other. The only people who were was Haru and Nakaji... which they forced since they are the leads and had to be the finalized couple in the end. Nor are they completely honest with each other either.... they show should have been called "Hard to be honest" because I've noticed that a lot more than them saying "I Love You" and the only person I think had it hard was Linda because I wouldn't call Nakaji's "love" love at all.
Not sure what you mean. Nakaji's love for Linda wasn't love? Nakaji didn't love anyone but Haru and Kiriko anyhow. So even Peach is out of the game. If you mean Linda's love for Nakaji wasn't love, I would have to disagree. Linda's love for Nakaji is just as strong as Haru's love for Nakaji. The only difference is he's a guy. I don't think gay loves are any less than heterosexual love. What made it difficult for Linda was being unable to come out of the closet. It must have been extremely hard for him to hide his feelings and afraid of being rejected by everyone in society, especially his twitter friends. So he kept quiet about it. If I were in his shoes, I would think life ahead of me is a dark beak tunnel with no exit/escape.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jul 11th, '10, 19:58

Not sure what you mean. Nakaji's love for Linda wasn't love? Nakaji didn't love anyone but Haru and Kiriko anyhow. So even Peach is out of the game. If you mean Linda's love for Nakaji wasn't love, I would have to disagree. Linda's love for Nakaji is just as strong as Haru's love for Nakaji. The only difference is he's a guy. I don't think gay loves are any less than heterosexual love. What made it difficult for Linda was being unable to come out of the closet. It must have been extremely hard for him to hide his feelings and afraid of being rejected by everyone in society, especially his twitter friends. So he kept quiet about it. If I were in his shoes, I would think life ahead of me is a dark beak tunnel with no exit/escape.[/quote]

No no I meant Nakaji's love for Haru. it just came off as "Oh my lover dumped me and Haru likes me... and think I might like her back." I know Linda loves Nakaji... I just uh... dunno why
(or even why Peach does too.... Or even Haru for that matter since I think Nakaji is kinda "eh" anyway but they're leads os they have to) ^_^U Unless I missed it because I did happen to fast-forward a lot of stuff toooooo.....

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 11th, '10, 20:12

«minah» wrote: No no I meant Nakaji's love for Haru. it just came off as "Oh my lover dumped me and Haru likes me... and think I might like her back." I know Linda loves Nakaji... I just uh... dunno why
(or even why Peach does too.... Or even Haru for that matter since I think Nakaji is kinda "eh" anyway but they're leads os they have to) ^_^U Unless I missed it because I did happen to fast-forward a lot of stuff toooooo.....
yea, I don't understand it either. Maybe they loved by his photography skills so in turn loves him too? I really don't find Nakaji all that great.

As for Nakaji liking Haru. I think it's because Haru gave him encouragement. She thought he had potential and had faith in him. And he seems to be able to talk to her more than Kiriko. They were just bed partners. While he loves Kiriko, she doesn't think so much of him. It was just physical attraction. I can understand Nakaji falling for Haru. She's a nice girl.

Kathstandsalone

Post by Kathstandsalone » Jul 16th, '10, 03:04

I just finished this drama yesterday.

Haru & Dr's scenes are actually rather painful to watch. Heh, the intentional dialogue written for them are painfully shallow & akward that watchers naturaly will root for Nakaji & Haru.

lol, like the others here ... i thought there were some plots that could have been developed more, such as Peach cutting herself, show the development of Doctor's character in the process (it isn't only until the last episode of Linda's message, the passing of time that he has sort of matured....).

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 16th, '10, 03:30

Kathstandsalone wrote:Haru & Dr's scenes are actually rather painful to watch.
YES.
(it isn't only until the last episode of Linda's message, the passing of time that he has sort of matured....).
YES YES.
Throughout the entire drama he's a puppy dog, then in the final episode, he finally gets the message/grows up... And in some ways, so does Haru. :scratch:

stolenxkisses

Post by stolenxkisses » Jul 16th, '10, 17:03

I really kind of gave up on this series part way... Watching the last episode with subs on Viikii sealed it for me. What happened? All the plots that rose but disappeared -- unfinished potential, let-down plot resolutions. I thought some of the best acting came out (ironically) with Kiriko-san, though I disliked her immensely, and kept waiting for her story arc to be finished.

But for the series to take an even bigger dip after that was the most unexpected thing ever for me. The cast was stellar, but I felt Juri didn't quite know what to do with Haru -- or that Haru's character was so bland that there was nothing Juri could do to make her more interesting without making her seem out of character. The character development was as big a disappointment as the plot development, except for the littlest moment at the end where you could see Doctor grow up, and the last uncharacteristically bright smile that was on Eita's face as he grabbed Juri at the end (unplanned? It seemed wonderfully candid).

To be honest, I crossed over to watch Tsuki no Koibito halfway, even though it wasn't even on my watching list for this season, and watching Shinohara Ryoko act makes me yearn for Juri to reach that kind of stage too -- where she can carry an entire show on her acting presence. Given Juri's acting chops, I'm sure she'll be able to reach this level too, but I really do hope she'll pick a more interesting role the next time. Perhaps it's difficult for her to top her portrayal of Ruka in Last Friends, at this point in time?

I still stand by the fact that the OST is the most amazing thing ever, but the show's been spoilt for me, so much so I don't know if I can rewatch the episodes just to pinpoint the background tracks. I do feel let down, especially after looking forward to another Eita/Juri collaboration for so long.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 16th, '10, 23:30

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jul 17th, '10, 04:11

is there any OST for this drama?

tmembrane

Post by tmembrane » Jul 26th, '10, 11:50

pretty average, but the soundtrack was quite good. Is it possible to get a song listing ?

colorize

Post by colorize » Aug 19th, '10, 18:26

I enjoyed this drama. I loved the cinematography. Every other angle looked like it could be a photograph.

maycon1592

Post by maycon1592 » Aug 24th, '10, 08:24

I'm just going to watch this dorama, even if I was let down a bit after reading some comments, :D

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Aug 25th, '10, 13:54

how disappointing this drama was. it had so much potential what with a stellar cast and reputable scriptwriter.

boring, dragged on for too long, and had too much going at once. the subplots were a mess.

waste of my time, but i finished it anyway just cuz i was already at ep8 when i wanted to drop it.

kokutetsu

Post by kokutetsu » Aug 28th, '10, 01:29

Rikayla wrote:how disappointing this drama was. it had so much potential what with a stellar cast and reputable scriptwriter.

boring, dragged on for too long, and had too much going at once. the subplots were a mess.

waste of my time, but i finished it anyway just cuz i was already at ep8 when i wanted to drop it.
I agree that the subplots were a bit of a mess, particularly in how they were or were not wrapped up nicely. I'm watching it over again, and I'm on the last two episodes. Maybe I will get a different impression this time.

Chrono

Post by Chrono » Sep 5th, '10, 16:12

Is there any OST for this drama? Or any OST compilation project?

Thanks

kokutetsu

Post by kokutetsu » Sep 5th, '10, 16:53

kokutetsu wrote:
Rikayla wrote:how disappointing this drama was. it had so much potential what with a stellar cast and reputable scriptwriter.

I agree that the subplots were a bit of a mess, particularly in how they were or were not wrapped up nicely. I'm watching it over again, and I'm on the last two episodes. Maybe I will get a different impression this time.
All I really have to say is that I think plot elements should maybe have been developed earlier on in the story so after the concepts were established, they could have been developed more thoroughly. It seemed that a lot was just concluded too simply in the last episode.

mamamaki05

question?!

Post by mamamaki05 » Nov 30th, '10, 01:07

i just finished watching this series..

and it leave me a big question mark...?!?!?!
so..

SPOILER ALERT!
is Doctor and Haru still together in the end?? you know after doctor went back from korea ??? im in confusion... is there some explanation that im missing here... :(

7th-key

Post by 7th-key » Nov 30th, '10, 01:50

Boring.
Although I like all the actors I found none of the characters interesting to care about them... they were just aimless.
colorize wrote:I loved the cinematography. Every other angle looked like it could be a photograph.
Agreed! The drama might make a pleasant screensaver ;)

bmwracer

Re: question?!

Post by bmwracer » Nov 30th, '10, 04:56

mamamaki05 wrote:i just finished watching this series..

and it leave me a big question mark...?!?!?!
so..

SPOILER ALERT!
is Doctor and Haru still together in the end?? you know after doctor went back from korea ??? im in confusion... is there some explanation that im missing here... :(
Are you sure you finished the series?? :scratch:

The last couple of minutes of Episode 11 make it pretty obvious. :scratch:

mamamaki05

Re: question?!

Post by mamamaki05 » Nov 30th, '10, 05:42

bmwracer wrote: Are you sure you finished the series?? :scratch:

The last couple of minutes of Episode 11 make it pretty obvious. :scratch:
ahhh i thought that was just friends holding hands kinda thing.. :(

doctor was pretty much out there always for haru..
but that's that ey.. good run.

juzdiz

Post by juzdiz » Jan 15th, '11, 09:34

JC wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
Last friends was a mess too, but it compelled me to watch. Sunao ni narenakute feels like a complete train wreck because it wastes what is a stellar cast and paints the characters in such a way that you find it hard to like them. I know that punching bag chick from Last friends was annoying to the point where you looked forward to the next time she'd get smacked. But Ruka had me feel SO empathetic that Juri's performance was able to carry that whole drama and make it work JUST enough for me. I didn't feel for ANY of the characters in Sunao. I hated Nakaji, Haru and Dr. I wanted Nakaji to fall down a flight of stairs, Haru to get beat upside her head by Dr. and for Dr's plane to Korea to spontaneously combust. And whilst I liked Peach and Linda, they felt too under-used and sidelined for me to care enough about them. Even with Peach having lost her baby and Linda dying.

Tetsuji Tamayama was WASTED in this drama. He may as well have not been in it. The first drama in God knows how long where he's playing a likeable warm hearted character and not some broody **** - and what to the writers do? Under use him, have him get harassed at work, turn into some creepy gay and then kill him off. Tetsuji should get his own drama for even agreeing to play the role after reading Sunao's mess of a script.
DEFINITELY AGREE!!! Didn't see Last Friends so I watched this with a fresh outlook. And with that, I can say that this drama went from very interesting to extremely aggravating between the 1st to the 3rd episode. From there, a few chances of recovery but to no avail. I guess it's a perfect example of writers biting off more than they can chew.
It would've been fine if it was apparent from the beginning but making Linda gay was a contradiction to the character they presented in the 1st episode-hitting it off with Peach and all. He wasn't even aware that he had ED then and seemed perplexed that he couldn't do it. He wasn't harassed by his boss then yet either. So making him gay seemed more like an after-thought when they realized they couldn't develop the many sub-plots they started off with.

Here's what I was hoping for, if indeed Linda was meant to off himself anyway-

Apart from the sexual harassment issue, that he was actually in love with Peach but with him having ED and possibly sterile...and Peach seeming to have looked forward to being a mommy, a tragic blow to his confidence and manhood indeed. ...at least a more dignified reason for exit rather than being the gay guy who had the lusties over apparently the "most attractive creature" on the face of Japan, Nakaji. I'll take Tamayama Tetsuji over him any day, thanks.

Other over-built and wasted sub-plots:
Kiriko-got caught, erased tattoo, end of relationship
Peach-attempted suicide and after that-peachy.
Doctor-can't go back to Korea for some mysterious reason then...oh dad just wants him to take over business...futsu da ne? (how common) easily fixed with dad falling ill.
Haru's mom and Nakaji's dad -once had a relationship... then? Yep, that's it.
Nakaji's dad's cancer -Stage 3, very serious...but won't die yet. Okay.
Haru's bro-stoner. Watch him get stoned.
Linda's Boss-pushed him too far, blaming herself, actually has feelings for him. Nakaji says "not our fault"--off the hook, yey!
Twitter-that's how they met, period.

And Doctor and lil sis' cheesy repartee annoyed me to bits every time .

Someone said the only good part about this drama is when Nakaji's dad returned the envelopes. Agreed.
*sigh* This is the disadvantage of wanting to finish what I started.

By the way, after meeting your online friends in person, do you keep calling them by their handle names? That totally boggles my mind.
calling your boyfriend "doctor", that's just weird. :scratch:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jan 16th, '11, 02:20

juzdiz wrote:By the way, after meeting your online friends in person, do you keep calling them by their handle names? That totally boggles my mind.
Good point... If they got to the point of being really good friends, why are they still using their Twitter tags?? :scratch:

Weird.

salaryman

Post by salaryman » Jan 16th, '11, 23:50

I had high expectations of this drama too. I really wanted to like it, but had to drop it after only a few eps.

WaikikiJFan

Post by WaikikiJFan » Jan 17th, '11, 02:15

I actually enjoyed it. There was vagueness here and there, but I liked most of the characters (special mention to the guy who played "Linda"), and the interaction with Juri-chan and Eita-kun. They're just good together (like in "Last Friends"). I'd watch them together in just about anything.

Yeah, there was some aggravation at spots, but life can be pretty aggravating as well, as things often don't go how you want them to.

cammy_blue

Post by cammy_blue » Jan 17th, '11, 02:37

I watched this series really quickly. After finishing I just felt so unsatisfied, especially given the names in the cast.
It's like they decided to take all the issues someone could possibly have and throw it into this drama but just different people experiencing it. As commented by someone else on a recent post, I felt that Linda and Peach were under used. How can just attempt suicide and then all of a sudden nothing seems to be going on in her life? The super weird triangles or rectangles were strange.

I rather Linda lived and somehow they have to deal with the after math of that. The ending seemed like, well all this stuff happened but let's met everyone happily as we run together to see them. I feel like I just wasted time watching that.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jan 17th, '11, 04:42

salaryman wrote:I had high expectations of this drama too. I really wanted to like it, but had to drop it after only a few eps.
I had the same feeling, but I had to see it all through because of Juri-chan.

Sadly, like Last Friends, I doubt if I'll ever re-watch it... :pale:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 17th, '11, 16:16

juzdiz wrote: By the way, after meeting your online friends in person, do you keep calling them by their handle names? That totally boggles my mind.
calling your boyfriend "doctor", that's just weird. :scratch:
Personally even after meeting them in person, my online friends kept calling me by my online nickname. But I agree with the bf-point, it is weird & annoying in a way.