Are there any "gay" dramas?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
jcjcjc

Coffee Prince

Post by jcjcjc » Jan 10th, '08, 16:12

I know Coffee Prince is not openly gay drama but it is somewhat "gay-themed".... Han Kyul (Gong You)fell in love with the main character who he thought was a guy when, in fact, was a girl. Bottom line is that he fell in love with what he thought was a guy. Also, he was able to capture the emotions of a straight guy falling for another guy very well.
However, like I said, it's not really intended to be a gay drama but for those straight guys who have experienced similar situations (that is, falling for the same sex and dust it off afterwards) might be able to relate to Gong Yoo's character.

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jan 11th, '08, 04:25

Nodame cantabile
oh yeah kmovie king and clown... it was a bit disturbing how i thought junki was female sometimes...

inashosetai

Post by inashosetai » Jun 23rd, '08, 00:42

Hrm...
Last edited by inashosetai on Jan 2nd, '11, 02:32, edited 1 time in total.

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Jun 23rd, '08, 00:46

MARS has a Bi-sexual character, his name is Tong Dao, I think. I haven't seen that drama in ages.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 23rd, '08, 00:53

inashosetai wrote: Ai no Kotodama – [J-Drama] * :argue: :wub:
Bishonen – [Chi-Drama] * :wub: :cry:
Bishounen no Koi – [J-Drama]
Bokura no Ai no Kanade – [J-Drama]
Boys Love – [J-Drama] * :wub: :cry:
Itsuka no kimi e – [J-Drama] * :wub:
Kindan no Koi – [J-Drama]
Nen no Natsu Yasumi (Summer Vacation: 1999) – [J-Drama]
No Regret – [K-Drama] * :scratch: :salut: :cheers:
Sukitomo – [J-Drama] * :lol
Taiikukan Baby – [J-Drama]
Takumi-kun: Soshite, Harukaze ni Sasayaite – [J-Drama]
None of those are "Dramas" they are ALL movies.

rairai

Post by rairai » Jun 23rd, '08, 01:21

princess princess D? i only watched the frst epi.. the guys are cross dressing; they're the "princess" of their school which is an all-guys school.. so i was thinking it's a gay drama.. not sure though coz i havent finished it.. not even halfway through.. :D

getawayfrom

Post by getawayfrom » Jun 23rd, '08, 01:44

try watching the Korean drama HYENA, I thought it was pretty good....

inashosetai

Post by inashosetai » Jun 23rd, '08, 19:07

Oh.
Last edited by inashosetai on Jan 2nd, '11, 02:33, edited 1 time in total.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jun 23rd, '08, 20:36

No one have mentioned "Asunaro Hakusho"
One of the characters in it is homosexual.
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Asunaro_hakusho

1993, a very good year when it comes to Japanese dramas, Asunaro Hakusho, Kono yo no Hate, Koukou Kyoushi 1993
and some that I want to watch "Hitotsu yane no Shita", "Dousoukai".

Gia86

Post by Gia86 » Jun 24th, '08, 22:09

Okay so you guys are talking about boy love dramas but is there any girl love dramas?

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 24th, '08, 23:12

wow i'm pretty late to this discussion. i just saw it on the 'last 10 active post' and decided to check it out. i'm pretty sure my list has already been listed but these are all those that i have watched:

YASHA - japanese (rin and sei are both bi or gay as both of them liked their best friends)
Placebo Cure - Chinese (lesbian couple)
Last Friends - Japanese. currently loving this drama and you can find me 99% of the time in their discussion. (ruka likes michiru and that's pretty much it. categorize this however you like)
Net Deception - Chinese (one of the character's mom is a lesbian who is together with her friend but it was never explicitly told they were lesbians just very much hinted)

on a side note: don't ever watch "take my word for it" for it's gay theme since that is the worse representation ever. i like the main characters and all but it was just soooo wrong how they change the brother's sexuality just like that. ahhh ok i'm over it.

there are others like Hana Kimi where the guy falls for another guy but later finds out the guy is actually a girl. though for hana kimi the japanese version i don't really think nakatsu is gay he just surpassed gender and loves the person for whoever he/she is. that's why i love nakatsu much more than the main guy.

Aidara

Post by Aidara » Jul 2nd, '08, 04:27

Qorx wrote:eewww.....that's just very very gross to even think about.... yuck.. :/
How extremely offensive. Thank you for destroying my faith in humanity for the day.

iheartyamapi

Post by iheartyamapi » Jul 2nd, '08, 04:51

Aidara wrote:
Qorx wrote:eewww.....that's just very very gross to even think about.... yuck.. :/
How extremely offensive. Thank you for destroying my faith in humanity for the day.
Exactly my thoughts! If people are bothered by gay dramas, please don't go into this discussion to make people feel bad! If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all!

I haven't seen many gay dramas but you should definitely check out Last Friends. It's sooo good and I'm completely obsessed with it.

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Jul 2nd, '08, 04:57

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Uruwashiki_Oni

I haven't seen this, but I am dying to. I haven't been able to find it anywhere. I love Kaneko Sayaka, I think she's magic.

It's funny, I can name like 329048902384023 gay-themed asian films, but when it comes to dramas there just aren't as many.

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Jul 2nd, '08, 10:12

Topic was started a couple of years ago, so dunno if you're still reading this but, yeah there are quite a few gay dramas out now. A quick google search revealed a lot of chinese gay dramas, cuz that's what I searched for. I listed the first 8 from this site:

1. Candy Rain (2008)
2. Drifting Flowers (2007)
3. Miao Miao (2007) [Planning]
4. Crazy in Love (2007)
5. Eternal Summer (2006)
6. Metrosexual (2006) [non-Chinese]
7. Daughter of a Botanist (2006)
8. Red Doors (2005) [non-Chinese] it says English+Mandarin

I didn't bother searching for korean gay dramas cuz there probably are none. I don't know about Japanese dramas but I think a few already mentioned some up there, that and I couldn't really find any. So there, have fun! :thumleft:

EDIT: Sorry, I only now just checked out a couple of 'em, and I think these are movies and not dramas :sweat:

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Jul 8th, '08, 16:35

oh oh oh

"Spider Lilies" is a taiwanese film that stars Rainie Yang and it's awesome and has an amazing soundtrack.

lushx

Post by lushx » Jul 14th, '08, 00:14

I've seen a lot of HK dramas that have gay characters.
I just don't remember them >_<;;

I know Hana Kimi TW and Nodame Cantabile have gay characters o___o

whatever0024

Post by whatever0024 » Jul 21st, '08, 19:50

Gakko ja Oshierarenai! has a gay character, I think. At the end of the first episode, the girl alluded to the fact that her dance partner was already interested in someone else, and that that person wasn't a girl, but a guy.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_62908.htm

LoveMyv91

Post by LoveMyv91 » Aug 7th, '08, 22:56

inashosetai wrote: Takumi-kun: Soshite, Harukaze ni Sasayaite – [J-Drama]
Just wanted to point out that that one can be found on crunchyroll too :)
I watched it, it's great

LoveMyv91

Post by LoveMyv91 » Aug 7th, '08, 23:52

fluid wrote:hmm they "gayest" drama ive seen is probably nobuta wo produce...i mean it was kinda akward between yamapi and kame...yamapi was always touching him and they even slept together...normal guys don't do that...although it was one of my favorite dramas i always had a feeling that they were gay...atleast it was hinted in the ending i think
Really? So I wasn't the only one that felt that way? O__O
Maybe it was because I was kind of hoping for it...

Shindou-Kun
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Shindou-Kun » Aug 8th, '08, 00:03

Dare Yorimo Mama wo Ai su : http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Dare_Yorimo_Mama_wo_Ai_su had two gay characters in it.

Yoshimi[FIN]

Post by Yoshimi[FIN] » Aug 14th, '08, 15:04

Ah, I've watched Princess Princess D. Not all of the episodes yet though, because they aren't subbed T_T

I've also watched King and the Clown and I actually rather liked ^_^ Of course I've watched several other BL movies, but can't really remember names >_< At least I've seen Formula 17 which was mentioned earlier and Go Go G-Boys! which was great ^^ And I've seen Boys Love as well... And what else... can't remember >.<At><

murokeksi

Post by murokeksi » Aug 17th, '08, 12:30

Okay there is one drama;

last Friends, but it's pretty serious stuff and there is other topics too than just being gay.. as like being abused... And it's not stereotypical "I'm gay and I wear dresses" stuff.. just orginal people..

Yoshimi[FIN]

Post by Yoshimi[FIN] » Sep 16th, '08, 15:01

Ah, can anyone tell me where I can get Taiikukan Baby? o.o;; I'd really like to see it ^^ Since I love Yuichi Nakamura :3

ryoko293

Post by ryoko293 » Sep 16th, '08, 16:38

Wingwong wrote:Dousoukai (Alumi Reunion is the Asian Queer as Folk) Its a Japanese dorama. U guys who are gay should check out gaytorrentnews.org Free sign up all the gay themed romance movies, etc there. And in the Phillippines its not really accepted as u say it is bc its actually stereotyped. Gay people there are all thought to be feminine and or transexual or drag queens. They are jokes and prostitutes to alot of the people there. Its not like my country is known for being accepting. It is one of the most conservative places in the world. Especially, if there are any Filipinos reading this, they d agree cause even now its not like u see guys holding hands and kissing in the streets everywhere.
Hey! Just stumbled across this thread while searching for Dousoukai. Do you mean this is the dorama with Sakamoto Masayuki? I tried to get it through gaytorrentnews.org but since you posted some 2 years ago the pages has def changed and I can't find it there. n.n

Help please! ^^;

inashosetai

Post by inashosetai » Nov 14th, '08, 22:34

Hmm...
Last edited by inashosetai on Jan 2nd, '11, 02:33, edited 1 time in total.

elvisrules

Post by elvisrules » Nov 18th, '08, 21:49

So has anyone come up with a definite list? Not of dramas which just have a gay character, but dramas where homosexuality is a main part of the plot.

elvisrules

Post by elvisrules » Dec 9th, '08, 10:53

No one?

r3ika

Post by r3ika » Dec 9th, '08, 10:57

wtf?!?

powerKid

Post by powerKid » Jan 27th, '09, 20:03

quite an old thread but i like it ^^

as mentioned before, gakko ja oshierarenai 's main character kazuki is gay. he loves his best friend and they even kiss. and his best friend is about to offer him his body to pay him back for his friendship. cute story. you should watch it~~

3iksel

Post by 3iksel » Nov 3rd, '09, 19:01

Sorry for posting in this seemingly dead thread, but does anyone know, where to find a brand new Korean movie, called 'Hello My Love'? It's very fresh and most likely hasn't even been released on DVD, but still... Here's the link to the trailer -

Thanks in advance for any info. And sorry for any possible inconvenience. :)

Noodlepunk

Post by Noodlepunk » Nov 27th, '09, 11:38

I'm also interested In any BL dramas they seem to be hard to find. Any movies I have seen are always depressing and leave me crying.. is there ever one with a happy ending? I haven't seen one. I saw the King and the clown and I cried like a baby xP. Bangkok love story was good but yet again depressing at the end. :cry:

What I'm wondering is there one out there that isn't going to have me sobbing like a little girl and in need of a Kleenex box?

jannexjanne

Post by jannexjanne » Nov 27th, '09, 13:24

i watched a korean movie called "No regret"
it's such a good movie. Sorry for not being help at all.

huycha04

Post by huycha04 » Nov 29th, '09, 06:46

cant seem to help you,

i havnt seen may guys series out there.

sweetcream

Post by sweetcream » Dec 6th, '09, 08:36

Noodlepunk wrote:I'm also interested In any BL dramas they seem to be hard to find. Any movies I have seen are always depressing and leave me crying.. is there ever one with a happy ending? I haven't seen one. I saw the King and the clown and I cried like a baby xP. Bangkok love story was good but yet again depressing at the end. :cry:

What I'm wondering is there one out there that isn't going to have me sobbing like a little girl and in need of a Kleenex box?
Dramas are harder because being broadcast on TV they need smething the general population will agree on, and gay themes is probably not up on the agenda.

My fave BL movies that are not all gloom and death include a taiwan one called Forumla 17, and Ai no Kotodama. Especially Kotodama, you can see how a relationship can work and will continue to work in the far future, the leads are hot, and the chemistry is amazing.

akisu

Post by akisu » Feb 24th, '10, 19:08

Download links for the Dousoukai gay-themed jdrama, anyone? I've found a torrent claiming to contain episodes 1 to 4 subbed, but it's stalled.

Raw episodes are ok.

akisu

Post by akisu » Apr 28th, '10, 18:18

I watched Takumi kun series 1 a while ago. Nothing much but still a cute movie.
It seems like there are 2 sequels as well. Anyone subbed them?

XxDeMeNtiAxX

Post by XxDeMeNtiAxX » May 11th, '10, 18:01

i don't know any series (looking for some too) but there are a lot of movies!

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=216529

Anyamaranth

Post by Anyamaranth » May 30th, '10, 11:49

There are 2 gays in love with Chiaki in Nodame Cantabile. :mrgreen:

And Nakao in Hana Kimi.

But I don't know any real gay drama. =(

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » May 30th, '10, 19:20

Anyamaranth wrote:There are 2 gays in love with Chiaki in Nodame Cantabile. :mrgreen:

And Nakao in Hana Kimi.

Because there really aren't any dramas with a heavy homosexual theme. We all do see random side-characters who are gay, in like, almost every new drama (even in Sunao ni Narenakute there is a gay character) but we rarely get to see any love between two guys, even less any holding/touching/kissing scenes.

And we probably never will. Especially Taiwan and HK are strict with it, so don't pin your hopes on it. Japan...well, will unlikely make a drama with a homosexual theme anytime soon...probably never which I find, to be perfectly honest, very bizarre. There are SO many homosexual people in Japan. I doubt the ratings would be that bad if they happened to produce one.

I'm pinning my hopes on Korea. They seem to be more open about it. Hopefully some heart in Korea will decide to produce a homosexual themed drama.

Movies, however, is a different thing. There are, like, billion of asian gay movies.
Here is the complete list for all gay movies (lesbian/homosexual). Just type in search bar Korea, Taiwan, Japan, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gay-related_movies

EDIT// I'm downloading Nie Zi (aka Crystal Boys) right now. My friend was talking about it for a long time and now I finally get to watch it. Supposedly it's real good so try it.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » May 30th, '10, 19:28

MiIiyah wrote:Movies, however, is a different thing. There are, like, billion of asian gay movies.
Here is the complete list for all gay movies (lesbian/homosexual). Just type in search bar Korea, Taiwan, Japan, etc.
As you said Miliyah movies are much more tolerant when it comes to this subject.
A little off-topic.
You could also compare it with mangas made into jdramas.
Some mangas (Jotei an example) being much more graphic than the drama version.

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » May 30th, '10, 19:47

Keiko1981 wrote:
MiIiyah wrote:Movies, however, is a different thing. There are, like, billion of asian gay movies.
As you said Miliyah movies are much more tolerant when it comes to this subject.
A little off-topic.
You could also compare it with mangas made into jdramas.
Some mangas (Jotei an example) being much more graphic than the drama version.
I also think it's got to do with the older generation. I mean, let's be honest, how many of your parents wouldn't mind if you became gay? Exactly. The viewers would probably complain and we all know how Asia loves to complain. Especially in China where there are only two broadcast channels which are open to public. Basically to everyone who owns a TV. No parent would want to their child to watch any gay drama. Anime on the other hand is apparently less influential when compared to a drama. At the end of the day it's still just a fantasy 'cartoon' you watched. I'm sure there is another reason for why there are animes with a gay theme (yaoi/bi-shonen) but no dramas. And how many actors would be willed to play a gay character? That's also an issue. Not everybody would be willed. You have to consider this all.

It's sad, I know. I've been on the hunt myself...and not just recently.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 30th, '10, 19:51

MiIiyah wrote: Because there really aren't any dramas with a heavy homosexual theme. We all do see random side-characters who are gay, in like, almost every new drama (even in Sunao ni Narenakute there is a gay character) but we rarely get to see any love between two guys, even less any holding/touching/kissing scenes.
With J-dramas, there's hardly any holding/touching/kissing scenes with heterosexual couples, for that matter.
There's a gay sub-theme in Tumbling. I hate to say more, because it's currently airing. It's brought out into the open in episode 5, which is, inconveniently, where the uploader has stopped putting up the torrent. But it's a sports root drama, so the major focus is on teamwork, and that's even how the gay issue is handled.

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » May 30th, '10, 20:07

lullabye wrote:
MiIiyah wrote: Because there really aren't any dramas with a heavy homosexual theme. We all do see random side-characters who are gay, in like, almost every new drama (even in Sunao ni Narenakute there is a gay character) but we rarely get to see any love between two guys, even less any holding/touching/kissing scenes.
With J-dramas, there's hardly any holding/touching/kissing scenes with heterosexual couples, for that matter.
There's a gay sub-theme in Tumbling. I hate to say more, because it's currently airing. It's brought out into the open in episode 5, which is, inconveniently, where the uploader has stopped putting up the torrent. But it's a sports root drama, so the major focus is on teamwork, and that's even how the gay issue is handled.
I don't know what you've been watching but almost every drama I watch has such scenes. : D

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 30th, '10, 20:43

MiIiyah wrote:
lullabye wrote: With J-dramas, there's hardly any holding/touching/kissing scenes with heterosexual couples, for that matter.
I don't know what you've been watching but almost every drama I watch has such scenes. : D
LOL, well, I was half-joking. J-dramas don't exactly have a reputation for sweaty romance.

murokeksi

Post by murokeksi » Jun 19th, '10, 03:46

MiIiyah wrote:
Anyamaranth wrote:There are 2 gays in love with Chiaki in Nodame Cantabile. :mrgreen:

And Nakao in Hana Kimi.

Because there really aren't any dramas with a heavy homosexual theme. We all do see random side-characters who are gay, in like, almost every new drama (even in Sunao ni Narenakute there is a gay character) but we rarely get to see any love between two guys, even less any holding/touching/kissing scenes.

And we probably never will. Especially Taiwan and HK are strict with it, so don't pin your hopes on it. Japan...well, will unlikely make a drama with a homosexual theme anytime soon...probably never which I find, to be perfectly honest, very bizarre. There are SO many homosexual people in Japan. I doubt the ratings would be that bad if they happened to produce one.

I'm pinning my hopes on Korea. They seem to be more open about it. Hopefully some heart in Korea will decide to produce a homosexual themed drama.

Movies, however, is a different thing. There are, like, billion of asian gay movies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gay-related_movies

EDIT// I'm downloading Nie Zi (aka Crystal Boys) right now. My friend was talking about it for a long time and now I finally get to watch it. Supposedly it's real good so try it.
I have to say to this that never ever... Korea is the most difficult country in Asia to live as gay(they can`t... if you are gay in Korea you move to Japan or Australia or...)Really zero tolerance... So if we don`t count fanservice there is no way they make serious gay drama.... Japan is really going to be first country to make something like this, I believe... Already drama like Last Friends has good serious characters, as gay and lesbian..

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 19th, '10, 09:35

You know, in recent Personal Taste, we had gay character (director Choi), but I guess it's not actually the case of open gay relationship.
Korean movies about the issue are on the other hand, very good. They break the taboo in many ways: romance, drama, comedy. :salut:

Bulykin

Post by Bulykin » Jun 19th, '10, 10:33

any recommend about lesbians stuff? :unsure:
a saw the Last Friends...

3iksel

Post by 3iksel » Jun 19th, '10, 11:50

I would highly recommend Korean drama 'Life Is Beautiful', which is still airing. There will be 50 episodes in total. One of the main characters is gay and thus one of the main story lines unfolds his life, coming out to his 'girlfriend', his relationship with his boyfriend and his family which is yet to know everything about their beloved son.

The drama is mostly fun (like most of Korean dramas), but I like how decently it depicts a gay characters. I'm hooked with the plot (I've watched 11 episodes so far) and thrilled to know what's going to be next. :)

Hope, this was helpful.

LeeNiluva

Post by LeeNiluva » Jun 27th, '10, 01:51

There is a sweet love story (but unrequited love) in the J-drama Gakkou ja Oshirarenai

You should take a look ;)

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Jun 27th, '10, 16:18

so how about somebody make a list?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 27th, '10, 17:59

I really have nothing better to do, but here's the list.
Not Gay dramas, but with gay characters, cause we decided that there is no typical gay drama that we are aware of.

Korean:
Life is Beautiful
Personal Taste

Japanese:
Last Friends
Gakkou ja Oshierarenai
Antique
Yasha
Dousoukai
Asunaro Hakusho

I could miss something, my eyes don't work s they should lately.

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Jun 27th, '10, 18:05

3iksel

Post by 3iksel » Jun 27th, '10, 18:08

I would add 'Hyena' to the list of Korean dramas for that matter. One of the main characters of this drama is gay and the storyline pretty much evolves around his problems and such.

And I would also consider adding Korean drama called 'Coffee Prince'. Even though there are actually NO gay characters in it, but gay theme is obviously the key one, at least in the beginning. :)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 27th, '10, 18:11

I hesitated over adding "Coffee Prince". I know the main issue, but I was considering any gay character in it.
Hyena, hmm...

3iksel

Post by 3iksel » Jun 27th, '10, 18:23

Ethlenn wrote:I hesitated over adding "Coffee Prince". I know the main issue, but I was considering any gay character in it.
Hyena, hmm...
Well, I agree. 'Coffee Prince' is not a gay drama. So, the suggestion is off. :)

As for 'Hyena', you should check it out. I really liked the drama. It was quite decent and funny and sad to watch.

chifromsweden

boyxboy drama?

Post by chifromsweden » Jul 3rd, '10, 11:18

Dunno where to post this but I'm looking for a k-drama/movie with boyxboy or yaoi. :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 3rd, '10, 11:25

Try to look around before starting useless topic:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_25713_195.htm

chifromsweden

Post by chifromsweden » Jul 3rd, '10, 11:39

sry... I'm new here.. just got my account. :-(

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 3rd, '10, 11:47

As for now, you're forgiven. :mrgreen:

This forum is big, so probably there's always an answer for your question.
Take care!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 23rd, '10, 02:45

Ethlenn,
Not sure if you were too young to see the film 'ORLANDO'. it was 1993 I think. anyway it is being revived. Big art show at MOMA in NYC and the actress who played Orlando was attending officially. Sony is putting out the film again.

Quentin Crisp played Q.Elizabeth Ist and was absolutely marvellous.. Long film but truly wonderful.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107756/ Lots of side pages.

Peggy

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Jul 23rd, '10, 03:38

@Peggy --- omg... I loved this film! Hopefully they'll re-release the OST as well. I'm still dying to have the ending song sung by the counter-tenor. For a long time all I had was a recording to audio tape I grabbed off a broadcast on cable. :P

This isn't Asian-related, I know, but did you also see "An Englishman in New York" with John Hurt as Quentin Crisp? (I have as much of a thing for UK drama & film as I do for Japanese.) Hurt is always so amazing with such unusual material to work with.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 23rd, '10, 09:54

This was actually the first film with Tilda Swinton I saw, and I was smashed by her performance. but sad thing is, every bio on her starts with it as if she did nothing else beside it.
And yes, John Hurt is great, he can have this tired look that actually makes YOU tired.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 23rd, '10, 13:04

Renai Shindan is a gay jdrama. It's 4 separate episodes about a gay or lesbian relationsship (wouldn't say it's good though)
Dousoukai (old, early 90ies) about a woman married to a gay man who then get's pregnant from a one night stand with the guy who was her husband's first (one sided) love.

There's loads of jdrama with gay charakters, i remember these atm:

Katagoshi no Koibito (Kaname Jun, Ikeuchi Hiroyuki)
Dare Yori mo Mama wo Aisu, Sunao ni Narenakute (Tamayama Tetsuji)
Uruwashiki Oni
Ikemen Sobaya Tantei
Tumbling

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Jul 23rd, '10, 13:34

Peggy wrote:Ethlenn,
Not sure if you were too young to see the film 'ORLANDO'. it was 1993 I think. anyway it is being revived. Big art show at MOMA in NYC and the actress who played Orlando was attending officially. Sony is putting out the film again.

Quentin Crisp played Q.Elizabeth Ist and was absolutely marvellous.. Long film but truly wonderful.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107756/ Lots of side pages.

Peggy
I remember Quentin Crisp. I met him once. A very captivating person. :wub:

akisu

Post by akisu » Jul 24th, '10, 16:36

Just a confirmation to avoid frustration while watching.

Does the gay boy in Gakkou ja oshierarenai becomes straight by the plot?
Because I don't expect from a jdrama to give to a gay character a proper relationship and Gakkou ja oshierarenai doesn't seem like a drama that would allow a sad ending for a leading character.

shinelover

Post by shinelover » Aug 1st, '10, 16:53

the new 2010 drama tumbling has a gay character :D (though unrequited)

another one I know is RH+
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/RH_Plus

shounenai themes (not that strong in the drama actually...but still there :) the manga tho is....heavily shounenai themed!)

mekasiat

Post by mekasiat » Aug 27th, '11, 06:13

"Life is Beautiful" is the best one and the couple is so lovely !

haruma_obsessed

Post by haruma_obsessed » Sep 3rd, '11, 03:04

I wouldn't count Tumbling for one of those. I mean, in ONE EPISODE it really emphasizes his sexuality and the effects that knowledge has on his teammate, but in a (not much) later episode, you see them in the hot springs next to each other, nude. Ironically, everyone was making such a big deal of, "How is he going to be able to handle it knowing that he likes him and sees him naked" or something like that, but after that episode--it's like nothing ever happened. o__o

Truth be told:
I wish my favorite actor were a gay character in a drama. He wouldn't even have to be the main, but I always had a respect for actors who could pull off roles not quite in their comfort zones--which I assume it might be awkward to play as a character opposite your sexuality. (One of the reasons I love Neil Patrick Harris so much!! XP)

It's nice being able to see these topics being cover in mainstream, and again, if he were to be that character, my respect and admiration for him would SOAR. He's already been in a movie where he had to have a long kiss with his (movie) step-sister, so what's so taboo about the gay community? I guess I just have a hard time understanding it since I live in SoCal.

scrobin

Post by scrobin » Sep 30th, '11, 03:11

Don't bother, gay series seldom get made, and get subbed even less.

WildMuffins

Post by WildMuffins » Sep 30th, '11, 04:14

Didn't see mention of K Movie "A Frozen Flower" with Jo In Sung and Joo Jin Mo (and a bunch of male eye candy). It's about a gay King of Goryeo. Great movie; not XXX, but definitely adults only.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 30th, '11, 06:36

Apologies to Toyotaku for not answering your question in earlier post.

No I did not see that particular show but I think John Hurt would play the role of Quentin very well.
He does give a very blase appearance verging on tired boredom. I think he may be tired physically at times. Loads of wrinkles don't help.

Quentin Crisp used to appear quite a lot on TV when he was living in New York. He did not have a peaceful life at times and people were very cruel to him both with words and physical violence.

Magnalover

Post by Magnalover » Jan 4th, '12, 15:35

Hey guys,

I am trying to find the name of a film or a drama that I can't seem to remember the name of it.

But the discription is: About a blind guy who meets his childhood friend who he hasn't seen in a long time, the friend is a guy I saw the clips on youtube at one point and I am know trying to find it and remember the name.

So if anyone knows what this film or drama is called please let me know thank-you :scratch: :cry: :x

sora_cantabile

Post by sora_cantabile » Jan 4th, '12, 16:25

dramas that not yet mentioned (i think..:p)
I only think of..
- Love Shuffle
- Sunao ni Narenakute, if I remember it correctly..the guy named Linda is a gay..
- Innocent Love..the friend of the main actor is in love with the main actor..
- Hanakimi...one student is in love with the boss of the dorm..

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Jan 4th, '12, 21:06

Daughters of Club Bilitis.