[Discussion] Tsuki no Koibito

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

Who do you want Rensuke (Kimura Takuya) to end up with?

Maemi (Shinohara Ryoko)
53%
Xiu Mei (Lin Chiling)
25%
Kazami (Matsuda Shota)
8%
Nobody
5%
I don't care
9%

Total votes: 278

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jul 6th, '10, 11:31

Form all those comments above, it seems that the end is like I expected~~~
So going to download this~~~~~ Yaaaaaay~~~~

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Jul 6th, '10, 12:35

jesamine wrote:
I'm still downloading the finale, but can't wait to watch it, looks like Ren and Maemi ends up together from what I read from the other comments?

Though, I think the writers must have changed their minds and went with the majority of the viewers liking, cos they didn't have much scenes or build-up of romance with Maemi in the first 6 episodes, and episode 7 seemed to be a big change from the past 6 episodes. Tbh, I prefer Long Vacation ending, simply because it was quite obvious of the chemistry between Sena and (forgot the older lady's name), but in Tsuki, I just didn't see any chemistry at all in the first 6 episodes and suddenly in episode 7 a sudden change.
Like I already said. Everything is already in the first episod. That was planned from the start obviously. Many people saw it too.
Personnaly, I don't care at all who Ren was going to end up with but all the clues were leading to Maemi

lvtk

Post by lvtk » Jul 6th, '10, 13:02

I also think that the ending has been planned since the beginning about Ren/Maemi. The last episode is telling us about the meaning of adult love. It's not about tiggling jiggling feeling finding in a young couple. It's about respect, comfortable, and soul mate relationship.

I, personally, really love this drama.

storme2001

Post by storme2001 » Jul 6th, '10, 13:10

I realy want to what will happen at the end ,I hope it wont be an "open end" :roll

BTW does anyone know where can i finde the soundtrack for this drama ? I couldn't finde it at all :-(

thanks

cya18

Post by cya18 » Jul 6th, '10, 16:03

lvtk wrote:I also think that the ending has been planned since the beginning about Ren/Maemi. The last episode is telling us about the meaning of adult love. It's not about tiggling jiggling feeling finding in a young couple. It's about respect, comfortable, and soul mate relationship.

I, personally, really love this drama.
i think the non building up part was intentional. the way the ending was executed is that in fact ren does love xiu mei, but there was a scene at the airport where xiu mei practically said ' thanks , for all the memories but goodbye' kind of way. after that, and since maemi confessed to him earlier,which touched him for sure, (by the look from his face, he definitely didn't see that coming, shocked and touched)
i think ren was doing serious thinking, like wait , maemi isnt so bad, shes with me all the way. so the way the writers portray it is as if he's giving maemi a chance,probably thinking if i would like to spend the rest of my life with someone its obvious maemi will be the one, and i think the love developed from there.

anyway, this is the impression i got from watching the RAW. is still need to watch with subs. i stand corrected though.
so i think its true, its definitely a different emotion than long vacation.

also, I love shinohara ryoko as an actress.
everyone might thought that the ending scene was great, but to me it was the confession scene. it is so efficient. i def cried. FINALLY. it reminded me of her another effective scene where she proposes to the young man ( i forgot his name) in Anego.

nann

Post by nann » Jul 6th, '10, 16:11

Thank you cya18,I'm just finish watching raw ep8, finally found out the answer of the riddle of 4 coins,so cute.

Orenjideizu

Post by Orenjideizu » Jul 6th, '10, 17:01

Minna, how did you like the last episode?
I so much liked the scene when Rensuke presents the plain chair, I was so moved! And its good that Rensuke ended up with Maemi, however I thougt that it was a bit too much that they even married in the end ...

cya18

Post by cya18 » Jul 6th, '10, 17:22

nann wrote:Thank you cya18,I'm just finish watching raw ep8, finally found out the answer of the riddle of 4 coins,so cute.
never knew it was so straightforward right?

so honest. maemi , youre too amazing :)

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Jul 6th, '10, 18:09

Gosh...I'm so excited. <3

Anyone know the final rating for this drama?
EDIT: Nvm...it's 16.2% lol

joisuramu

Post by joisuramu » Jul 6th, '10, 19:25

jesamine wrote:
Though, I think the writers must have changed their minds and went with the majority of the viewers liking, cos they didn't have much scenes or build-up of romance with Maemi in the first 6 episodes, and episode 7 seemed to be a big change from the past 6 episodes. Tbh, I prefer Long Vacation ending, simply because it was quite obvious of the chemistry between Sena and (forgot the older lady's name), but in Tsuki, I just didn't see any chemistry at all in the first 6 episodes and suddenly in episode 7 a sudden change.
I'm still waiting for subs to come out so I haven't fully understood Ep. 8, but from the last 30 mins of raw I saw, I thought those scenes came out very naturally. I didn't think the writer was affected by viewers comments. It was all intended to happen from the very beginning. Maemi has always been in love with Rensuke and they've known each other for 15 years. In those 15 years of friendship, they've experienced and went through a lot together. Even though Rensuke was clueless about that fact in the first 6 episodes, it was only a hairline away for him to realize who is right for him. I agree he once loved Xiu Mei and those feelings were real, but he realized she was not right for him. In adult love, it's not just all about lust, wild, passionate feelings, but more about being comfortable, connected and understanding yourself more through being with the other person. In this case, Maemi understands Rensuke more than Rensuke understands himself. In return, Rensuke also understand Maemi's needs and personalities as a friend until he realizes what love is all about.

I once heard from someone that "The one you are passionate about might not be the right person for you to love." The "Right" person should be someone who knows you more than you know yourself. I believe that's the reason why we search for a "sole mate" in life not because we can't live on our own, but so that the two people can be complete with one another.

This is all just what I think.......

Just like what Maemi -san said to Ren:
"Sorry if all of these sounded weird to you. Don't mind it if it doesn't make sense."

starlight116

Post by starlight116 » Jul 7th, '10, 00:13

please tell me what happend to kazami i want to know

cya18

Post by cya18 » Jul 7th, '10, 03:08

that's it. i want an SP.

s_malfoy

Post by s_malfoy » Jul 7th, '10, 04:20

cya18 wrote:that's it. i want an SP.
lol! Me too!! :)

And I agree with Joisuramu
"I didn't think the writer was affected by viewers comments. It was all intended to happen from the very beginning. "

Yup. I felt that too even though somewhere in the middle because of all the "noise" the fandom was receiving about the different parings, I got alittle lost. But after watching ep7 and the last 30mins of ep 8, I agree. The story has been intended to be that way. The writers were going to use three actresses and the dynamics between the lead and them is the crux of the drama.

Who ends up with who is what we as viewers had to watch and find out. And I remember the producers saying way early on that we viewers will not find out who Ren likes till the end. And they didn't disappoint us did they? lol

jesamine

Post by jesamine » Jul 7th, '10, 04:44

Ok now I really want to watch episode 8, I still haven't watched it yet, but maybe once I see it, I'd see the whole picture. Why is my download taking so long?! :scratch:

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Jul 7th, '10, 05:08

After watching the finale raw I also think the pairing was planned from the start. And I now appreciate this drama much much more than before. I just wish they had balanced things a little bit better with Maemi, Xiu Mei, and Yuzuki in previous episodes.
The finale was the first time that made me finally understand Ren&XeiMei. He was attracted to Xiu Mei because she had been so straightforward to him and she's someone he hadn't met before. Ren was the prince charming who had the power to fulfill her dream but at the same time was a coldhearted tyrant. She was intrigued by Ren and it now became clear to me that she really did have a feeling for Ren though it's a complicated one. (It would have been much better if we have more experienced actress to play Xiu Mei though. Anyway, LCL had the perfect look for Xiu Mei). However, their relationship was all about passion. Rensuke didn't understand Xiu Mei and Xiu Mei didn't know Rensuke. This fact had been shown in many scenes in almost every episodes. Rensuke never consult with Xiu Mei when he had a problem, he always went to Maemi and told her everything because he trusted her. Whenever Maemi and Rensuke talked with one another in front of Xiu Mei, she was always left out of their conversation and never really understand what was going on and what RenMi were talking about. Xiu Mei also had doubt in Ren. She wanted to believe in Ren but when something bad happened to her friends/family, she always had this little suspicion that Ren had something to do with it. From an adult relationship standpoint, Ren&Xiu Mei was doomed from the very beginning while RenMi was shown to always be compatible. Even Rensuke's mom thought Rensuke and Maemi would end up together.

I think the breaking point in their relationship was when Xiu Mei left Rensuke. She loved him but she couldn't be with him when he needed someone the most. Because she "knew" that she couldn't live this way and she would never understand Rensuke's way of thinking. Once she left Rensuke, her "picture perfect wife" image in Rensuke's eyes was shattered to pieces. He learnt it the hard way that the love he needed is not all about passion. I think that's when he grew out of this relationship. Even Xiu Mei realized this too but she couldn't be there with him. When she came back to meet him one last time, she knew that she had lost him. She tried to write "aishiteru" over and over again but Ren never responded except with the sad look on his face. Both of them knew that their relationship was over and they had no future together because they are not compatible.

After his meeting with Xiu Mei and the chair presentation, I think Rensuke now realized how to live his life and embracing those around him. That's why he taught Kazami in their final scene that "remember, you're not alone" That's what Maemi always taught him and he finally got it. I think Rensuke also wanted to come clean with everyone. So he gave Yuzuki a chair he made especially for her and told her that she's like his sister. He went to see Xiu Mei at the airport, I believe he wanted to bid farewell to her. He didn't look like someone who wanted to win his love back. (after the sub comes out I think I will understand this scene better) Xiu Mei knew that and she didn't want to hear it so she told him first and ended their relationship right there with the conversation they had when they first met in the first episode. But when he went to see Maemi before that I don't think he had something to say to her because he thought he can always come back to Maemi and talked to her. When she confessed to him, it just made him view their relationship in a new light and decide to go back to her and start their new life together
I always like Kitagawa Keiko but this drama mades me love her. With every scenes that she had no matter how little screen time it is, she made me feel for Yuzuki and fall in love with her.

jesamine

Post by jesamine » Jul 7th, '10, 11:23

I finally watched it! poor quality on dramacrazy, but my download on d-addict just was not moving!
I really love the finale, I think at least all 3 ladies had closure, and Kazami too felt better about himself. I felt quite sorry for Yuzu though, she realised she could only win Rensuke's heart as a sister and nothing more, and I was really sad during the airport goodbye with Ren and XM, I think nnnc you're right, Ren did love her once upon a time but they're too different. But it was quite a sad goodbye on XM's part. And when she came back from Shanghai it was too late, he'd already realised he really liked Ninomiya, though its so funny, the last scene in the car, even though Maemi was in her wedding dress, she was still being herself - ie. tomboyish and comfortable.

Though I must say, Yuzu is like.. 24? and Ren and Maemi 35? Isn't that an 11 year age gap? I think LCL looks really young for a 35 yr old too.

jesamine

Post by jesamine » Jul 7th, '10, 12:07

Btw, I thought the scene where he was fixing her office door hillarious! Especially when she said, chikai chikai, and Ren was like, kissu shite, atarimae darou, LOL!

lil_cute_hamster

Post by lil_cute_hamster » Jul 7th, '10, 13:28

nnnc wrote:After watching the finale raw I also think the pairing was planned from the start. And I now appreciate this drama much much more than before. I just wish they had balanced things a little bit better with Maemi, Xiu Mei, and Yuzuki in previous episodes.
The finale was the first time that made me finally understand Ren&XeiMei. He was attracted to Xiu Mei because she had been so straightforward to him and she's someone he hadn't met before. Ren was the prince charming who had the power to fulfill her dream but at the same time was a coldhearted tyrant. She was intrigued by Ren and it now became clear to me that she really did have a feeling for Ren though it's a complicated one. (It would have been much better if we have more experienced actress to play Xiu Mei though. Anyway, LCL had the perfect look for Xiu Mei). However, their relationship was all about passion. Rensuke didn't understand Xiu Mei and Xiu Mei didn't know Rensuke. This fact had been shown in many scenes in almost every episodes. Rensuke never consult with Xiu Mei when he had a problem, he always went to Maemi and told her everything because he trusted her. Whenever Maemi and Rensuke talked with one another in front of Xiu Mei, she was always left out of their conversation and never really understand what was going on and what RenMi were talking about. Xiu Mei also had doubt in Ren. She wanted to believe in Ren but when something bad happened to her friends/family, she always had this little suspicion that Ren had something to do with it. From an adult relationship standpoint, Ren&Xiu Mei was doomed from the very beginning while RenMi was shown to always be compatible. Even Rensuke's mom thought Rensuke and Maemi would end up together.

I think the breaking point in their relationship was when Xiu Mei left Rensuke. She loved him but she couldn't be with him when he needed someone the most. Because she "knew" that she couldn't live this way and she would never understand Rensuke's way of thinking. Once she left Rensuke, her "picture perfect wife" image in Rensuke's eyes was shattered to pieces. He learnt it the hard way that the love he needed is not all about passion. I think that's when he grew out of this relationship. Even Xiu Mei realized this too but she couldn't be there with him. When she came back to meet him one last time, she knew that she had lost him. She tried to write "aishiteru" over and over again but Ren never responded except with the sad look on his face. Both of them knew that their relationship was over and they had no future together because they are not compatible.

After his meeting with Xiu Mei and the chair presentation, I think Rensuke now realized how to live his life and embracing those around him. That's why he taught Kazami in their final scene that "remember, you're not alone" That's what Maemi always taught him and he finally got it. I think Rensuke also wanted to come clean with everyone. So he gave Yuzuki a chair he made especially for her and told her that she's like his sister. He went to see Xiu Mei at the airport, I believe he wanted to bid farewell to her. He didn't look like someone who wanted to win his love back. (after the sub comes out I think I will understand this scene better) Xiu Mei knew that and she didn't want to hear it so she told him first and ended their relationship right there with the conversation they had when they first met in the first episode. But when he went to see Maemi before that I don't think he had something to say to her because he thought he can always come back to Maemi and talked to her. When she confessed to him, it just made him view their relationship in a new light and decide to go back to her and start their new life together
I always like Kitagawa Keiko but this drama mades me love her. With every scenes that she had no matter how little screen time it is, she made me feel for Yuzuki and fall in love with her.
Hi, I've been a silent lurker on this board, but I too would like to comment on this drama =)
Thanks a lot for the explaination nnnc! Because after the drama, I was actually wondering how Rensuke could suddenly like Maemi all of a sudden. Because when he left to see Xiu Mei, I thought he still liked her and all, and even at the airport, it seemed as though he still had feelings for her. Did he actually?

I was so happy that Maemi ended up with Rensuke, even though it was a bit sudden. But I wish Maemi had of said it earlier in the episode. =( I would have really liked to see how Rensuke felt towards Maemi's confession. I was sad that he didn't realise how much Maemi did for him and Xiu Mei, It always brings tears to my eyes when I see Maemi always supporting Xiu Mei, and giving her advice on Rensuke. If only Rensuke knew all of this! Oh how much I wish he did, but it seems even in the end he didn't!

I do feel really sorry for Yuzuki though, especially when she starts crying. This whole drama seems to have made me cry in and out. Even when i rewatch scenes, its hard to control my own emotions now! haha.. At first, I wasn't too keen on the drama, but the way it has built up to the ending, really makes a lot of sense now.
I will probably end up missing this drama, haha, I already miss it!! Must go and rewatch the ending again. =D

lvtk

Post by lvtk » Jul 7th, '10, 14:05

I watched the last scene of last episode (raw) more than 3 times! Although I don't understand any contents (I have to watch with sub), I came to understand clearly why they claimed about this drama in the beginning that it was Kimura's true love drama after his 10 years. It's sad that audiences misled the director's intention for what they want to tell the story during the earlier episodes and caused the rating was not as high as it should be. The director was so right that audiences would not know until the last minute who Ren would end up with.. it is really very last minute!

Audiences expect to see 'young Kimura' with his charming but the truth is Kimura has grown up to be a man. I admire Kimura as a very good actor that he has his courage to change his role based on his age. I hope he will have a very good acting like this to the public continously. Kimura is one of excellent actors, really. He is the number one on my list.
If we thought back since the first episode, all focusing in XM' part made audiences to see clearly about the true adult relationship between Ren and Maemi. I cried on the scene that Maemi cried when she heard Ren started his car leaving the cabin. Although I really don't understand what she said to him at all (I am looking forward for Sub version very patiently and I know I will cry more), my heart was cracked. For me, it's the sadnest moment of this drama.

On the other hand, a hammer slipping from Maemi's hand after that kiss scene was really most lovable. That scene brought back "Kimura's moment". He had 2 kiss with 2 different women that gave us 2 different feelings. One was his passion interacted with XM's initiate ,but another was his initiate from his heart to Maemi (this is only from my personal view).

The moment hand in hand with the ring in Ren's finger in the car was the perfect ending. Ren found his happiness with someone who always remembers about him. He finally has a life that once XM wanted to have.. lives in a small villege with his famaily and the person he loves.
This drama makes me want to love as the claim.. IF I could meet my soul mate like Ren and Maemi!!

I hope Kitagawa Keiko will be happy with her success with this drama. Although her role is the third but she proved that she is only after her senior Shinohara.
Her scence jumping to Ren's hugging like a little girl was so adorable. I could feel a warm hug from her older brother Ren!

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Jul 7th, '10, 14:50

Well from all the spoilers I read (which isn't much, because I still wanna watch the episode), I know who Rensuke ends up with. <3

My only gripe with that (yeah I know, I would've griped more if he had gotten with Xiu Mei) is that I really, REALLY, doubt that would've happened in real life.

Knowing him for fifteen years without anything happening...I don't know. Sometimes when you've known each other that long, you miss a lot of things. And from what I've noticed, guys tend to go for girls like Xiu Mei.

But I'm still happy it happened anyways. Totally waiting to watch it with subs! :alcoholic:

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Jul 7th, '10, 14:54

Anon. wrote: My only gripe with that (yeah I know, I would've griped more if he had gotten with Xiu Mei) is that I really, REALLY, doubt that would've happened in real life.
Well, in japanese dramas, it's allways ends up that way! :mrgreen:

voldemort

Post by voldemort » Jul 7th, '10, 17:53

There is something I really enjoyed about Maemi, it's her speaking way... it sounded like she was singing a nice song... always...

This was the first one I saw with her, so I'm wondering... is she acting so in other drama too ?

annie_chan

Post by annie_chan » Jul 7th, '10, 19:40

voldemort wrote:There is something I really enjoyed about Maemi, it's her speaking way... it sounded like she was singing a nice song... always...

This was the first one I saw with her, so I'm wondering... is she acting so in other drama too ?
she is really different in some of her most famous roles. Very much like Amami Yuki's way of acting - strong type of women

So different that at first when I heard she was casted to act alongside KimuTaku, I couldnt imagine it.

cya18

Post by cya18 » Jul 7th, '10, 20:09

voldemort wrote:There is something I really enjoyed about Maemi, it's her speaking way... it sounded like she was singing a nice song... always...

Yes! thats why people love her, like Kimutaku, she has a reputation of a being a very effective actress, especially scenes that emotions are needed to be delivered. basically, she can make the audience yearn for her, that her fine quality. i dont know how she does it, probably due to experience

So, you can watch her in Anego ( very very recommended!, she carries this drama alone), , Unfair , Mukodono and Mukodono 2003.

L'Arc

Post by L'Arc » Jul 8th, '10, 00:35

cya18 wrote:

Yes! thats why people love her, like Kimutaku, she has a reputation of a being a very effective actress, especially scenes that emotions are needed to be delivered. basically, she can make the audience yearn for her, that her fine quality. i dont know how she does it, probably due to experience

So, you can watch her in Anego ( very very recommended!, she carries this drama alone), , Unfair , Mukodono and Mukodono 2003.
You forgot Haken no Hinkaku. Solid perfornance!

thorned_sakura

Post by thorned_sakura » Jul 8th, '10, 13:39

after watching the raw file, here's my take on things...
i don't quite agree with the idea that ren *decided* to choose maemi in the end just because he is comfortable with her and since she confessed to him. that doesn't make it romantic at all...in fact, it sounds like he's settling for maemi with those reasons.

i do think though that maemi's confession is the factor that made him accept his feelings for her. that means that i think he already had feelings for her beforehand (as i've said over and over and over...) why do i say this?because when he's with maemi he forgets about everything else but her...even xumei (remember the restaurant scene?also the one where they were arguing at the workshop and everyone else--yuzuki included--were just looking at them and they didn't even notice?). plus, their body language when they're together were always awkward and very conscious of each other.

Of course, i'm not saying that he was always aware of it. it could be that those feelings were always present but constantly buried. Then later parts of the series showed us that he was at least aware of his feelings, though not necessarily accepting it since his character is such that he would never be able to take failure or rejection, and since maemi's character is somewhat similar albeit more in line with her own emotions, the only real way for the two of them to get together is for one to give up their pride. In this case, maemi did it first. i would've loved it if it was rensuke who said it out loud first but since his character is sooo stubborn, i guess the only realistic way to go is with maemi.

besides, i don't think that it would be realistic for someone to ask a person to live together with him when he's just realized his feelings for that person!LOL

I also agree with lil_cute_hamster regarding the airport scene... i think what rensuke wanted to say to xumei was that he wanted to give both of them closure, to be fair with maemi as well (i think this is also the reason why he left her after her confession. he felt he had to have some closure with xumei before both he and maemi can be together--apart from the fact that maemi was egging him to go!LOL). if i'm not mistaken, he started to say sorry before xumei cut him off with her li'l speech.

then again, maybe i'm wrong...i'll have to wait for the subs to know for sure...

anyway, for me the saddest character in this series would have to be kazami...he did everything he did not for his own ambition, but for maemi...i felt that he thought if he could be a little more like rensuke, maemi would fall for him. but all of his planning backfired and he was left with the great responsibility of having to run regolith--and no maemi. well, at least he still has his subordinates with him. :-(

by the way, i LOVE the renxmaemi kissing scene!it was sooo sweet and natural--not like the one with ren/xumei which felt rough and forced. and their reaction afterwards---sOoo kAwai!!!!:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

cya18

Post by cya18 » Jul 8th, '10, 19:05

minna san,

you would have to watch it with subs, then everything makes perfect sense! the dynamics of maemi ren has been intentional,which makes the ending conversation at the door is especially great! very cute conversation after the camera pans out hahaha i can imagine what they're doing.
also the very end scene,after the wedding in the car when she told the dream it was somewhat....naughty i think, hahaha. this is what i call a shipper's scene.
fine performance overall, all nuances and little details very funny , the two assistants really made the show more refined! they actually make the show work rather than just being there. wished episode 1 to 4 was top notch like this.yuzuki really redeemed herself and had the most progression in this episode.

kazami is also doing well, dont lose hope with him.

as of xiu mei, well, she'll be healthy(genki)

[/spoiler]

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Jul 9th, '10, 00:50

That was totally THE cutest Japanese ending ever. EVER!
The only thing I'm annoyed about is that WHY didn't Rensuke get the REAL answer to the coin riddle? Bahhhh...

BUT THE KISS WAS SO CUTE! <3 So I forgive the writers. :) I wish they had done stuff like that for the whole thing rather than just the last really long episode.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 9th, '10, 01:05

After watching the final episode with the subs:
The events were moving slowly at the first half of the episode, but that was fine & reasonable. I really liked the concepts that were there like the connecting chairs & how the assistant Rina found about the heart shape. The cast did well, but I hoped to know more about Kazami and what was in his mind after each one of his actions. I didn't expect more passion from Rensuke! well because he has a cold character after all and it's not possible for him to change that much. I liked how he ended his relationship with both Yuzuki & Xiu Mei peacefully. The good thing about Ninomiya is that she didn't push him to love her, "looking at his back" was enough for her as she said about him/the moon "it's nice as is". She gave him the chance to decide and to choose. It's not a drama that I'm gonna re-watch or recommend but I enjoyed it a lot specially during the middle.

Misato-san

Post by Misato-san » Jul 9th, '10, 01:40

Anon. wrote:That was totally THE cutest Japanese ending ever. EVER!
please watch more jdramas for your own sake.
I don't want to be rude, really, but... I can't find the ending appropriate.

I quite liked the final episode, specially all the Yuzu part (I love her, it's the first time I like a Kitagawa character o_O) was well developed... but the final part...
the kiss with Maemi was cute but we haven't a... sense of the time, so we can't understand why Rensuke is at the airport in the scene before and after that we wants to kiss Maemi...

but the worst part was the wedding... totally out. I hated it because the two of them together where enough
I quite enjoyed this drama but the lack of background of certain characters (Kazami but also Xiu Mei) pissed me. As expected from Asano Taeko (truly hate her scripts! this one at least was decent) >_<

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 9th, '10, 02:00

I have only seen Ep.8 without subs. Got the gist of it however, What I can not understand is people mentioning that they did not like the wedding. What Wedding????? I did not see any wedding ceremony. Just saw them driving along in Rensuke's convertible and Maemi was wearing her wedding dress. Also I was very amused seeing Kimura ending his role wearing his Johnny Depp hat. One of them anyway.

Was there a wedding scene that I missed??

Once I get the English subs I think I will write about this drama again. Right now it is the 'wedding' that puzzles me.
Anyone help please???

Peggy

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Jul 9th, '10, 02:12

Misato-san wrote:
the kiss with Maemi was cute but we haven't a... sense of the time, so we can't understand why Rensuke is at the airport in the scene before and after that we wants to kiss Maemi...

but the worst part was the wedding... totally out. I hated it because the two of them together where enough
I quite enjoyed this drama but the lack of background of certain characters (Kazami but also Xiu Mei) pissed me. As expected from Asano Taeko (truly hate her scripts! this one at least was decent) >_<
I want to learn more about Kazami too but I think I know enough of Xiu Mei already :mrgreen: Instead of giving us more background on Xiu Mei, less of her and more on Maemi and Yuzuki would be much better.

About the ending, I agree that it's not the BEST EVA (Long Vacation still holds that special honor, IMO) but it's cute.
I also think the wedding was a little too much. Just the two of them sitting side-by-side, working on a furniture together would be enough. But hearing him called her "Maemi" made me happy.

Misato-san

Post by Misato-san » Jul 9th, '10, 02:45

My problem with Xiu Mei is... we had tons of scenes with her but only a few with real substance.
If you compare 10 minutes of Xiu Mei and a single minute of Yuzu-chan or Maemi... the Xiu Mei ones lack of something that makes you feel something for her... you can't even really understand what she's thinking about...

I also liked the
Maemi part
too... at last U_U

cya18

Post by cya18 » Jul 9th, '10, 02:51

Peggy wrote:I have only seen Ep.8 without subs. Got the gist of it however, What I can not understand is people mentioning that they did not like the wedding. What Wedding????? I did not see any wedding ceremony. Just saw them driving along in Rensuke's convertible and Maemi was wearing her wedding dress. Also I was very amused seeing Kimura ending his role wearing his Johnny Depp hat. One of them anyway.

Was there a wedding scene that I missed??

Once I get the English subs I think I will write about this drama again. Right now it is the 'wedding' that puzzles me.
Anyone help please???

Peggy
There is no wedding scene. I think the convertible scene is an implied 'after wedding' scene, with wedding dress and wedding ring. i knew that 8 episodes was a mistake. i can feel like theres some gap here and there, like after the airport scene i would like to see Rensuke reflect for sometime but we get straight to the ending scene, probably sthe day after/several days after the airport scene..

you can watch the ones with eng subs here: http://www.viikii.net/channels/goto/moonlovers#

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Jul 9th, '10, 03:35

Misato-san wrote:
Anon. wrote:That was totally THE cutest Japanese ending ever. EVER!
please watch more jdramas for your own sake.
I don't want to be rude, really, but... I can't find the ending appropriate.

but the worst part was the wedding... totally out. I hated it because the two of them together where enough[/spoiler]
LOL. I've watched a lot of jdrama's...trust me. The only one's I actually haven't watched are the solely romantic ones, which I personally can't stand.

I didn't think it was that out there though...it was an epilogue. But idk. To each his own I guess.

kimutaku144

Post by kimutaku144 » Jul 9th, '10, 05:49

I like the ending, I like the last 2 episodes because I don't have to bear with LCL. I understand it's not easy for her acting in foreign language, but that's means she's not ready to take the role. I mean I saw Treasure Hunter, I don't mind here there although I wasn't crazy about her.

And Kimutaku old charmed work with me when talked to Maemi while fixing the door... arrgghhhh.... hehehehee.. overall I'm quite happy following this dorama thanks to the ending.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 9th, '10, 07:36

cya18,

Many thanks for answering my question re the wedding. I had a time getting the vikii to work and I ended up with Spanish subs at first. finally the Eng. ones popped up. I just watched the last part pf the last episode and will watch it from the beginning over the weekend.

I think I liked the ending although it was a little thin in the romantic feeling for a Kimura drama. I laughed at the car driving scene however, and even then Kimura managed to get his Johnny Depp hat into the drama. I think I would have liked Maemi to be more awake for the ending.

Otherwise a very satisfactory last episode. Loved Yuzuki and she turned in a really good acting job. Too bad we had to go through so much of LCL. I am sure that brought down the rating with so much emphasis on her character.

Peggy

jesamine

Post by jesamine » Jul 9th, '10, 12:40

Finally watched it with subs, a lot of things are a lot clearer..

I feel quite sorry for Kazami, he wasn't that bad after all, though I think they could have expanded more on him, a lot was left to the viewers to fill out the missing blanks.

To me, it was also clear that Rensuke had quite strong feelings for XM, like how he didn't want Yuzu to open the window so XMs smell would still be in the room, however, I don't really understand why he would want that after he just rejected her.
Having said that, I do think it became clear how different they both are. I now understand why a previous poster said XM was the sun from the last conversation in the airport.

I find he also has a very different relationship with Maemi, more comfortable, kind of like, she's the girl next door who's always been with him, whereas with XM, it was a whirlwind passion and something different and exciting for him.

Tbh though, I think if this was what FujiTV advertised as a true romance drama (like Beautiful Life-which was what they said too), they should have put in more romance :P

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jul 9th, '10, 13:21

Since reading the comments here about the ending, I'm motivated to pick up this drama again. Yes, my preferred pairing prevailed....yippee! :D I kinda lost interest after episode 4 cuz of too much XM. Can't stand LCL's poor acting and whiny voice, and I didn't buy her relationship with Rensuke either. No chemistry. Meh.

Now Maemi and Rensuke is a whole 'nother matter. Soulmates indeed. :wub:

Summer Snow

Post by Summer Snow » Jul 9th, '10, 13:26

Is it really 8 episodes? I know 8 episodes was shown but techincally if it wasn't for the soccer wouldn't it have been 10 episodes as planned? The "last" episode was 2hrs and 15mins which would have been 3 episodes. I think they should've done was less story of Xiu Mei [who wasn't a really interesting character] and focus more on the other characters. Would've loved it more had it had more romantic scenes leading up to the "Kiss". But the ending was cute ^_^.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 9th, '10, 13:32

To sum it up...

For Rensuke-Xiumei's shippers, I recommend you to watch Ep. 1 - 6 only.
Why? Because Xiumei (who got so much focus from the beginning) suddenly forgotten by the writer in Ep. 7-8, and it was almost like she was only passing by in the last 2 eps XD

For Rensuke-Maemi's shippers, I recommend you to skip Ep. 4 - 6.
"What? So I should just watch Ep.1 - 3 and then directly Ep. 7 - 8? But then I would be confused with the story since I won't know what happened in Ep.4-6?". Trust me. You'll be more confused if you watch Ep. 4 - 6 :lol

LOL. Okay, pls no offense. Just my way of expressing how I feel abt the drama :P

Summer Snow

Post by Summer Snow » Jul 9th, '10, 13:35

yanie wrote:To sum it up...

For Rensuke-Xiumei's shippers, I recommend you to watch Ep. 1 - 6 only.
Why? Because Xiumei (who got so much focus from the beginning) suddenly forgotten by the writer in Ep. 7-8, and it was almost like she was only passing by in the last 2 eps XD

"What? So I should just watch Ep.1 - 3 and then directly Ep. 7 - 8? But then I would be confused with the story since I won't know what happened in Ep.4-6?". Trust me. You'll be more confused if you watch Ep. 4 - 6 :lol

LOL. Okay, pls no offense. Just my way of expressing how I feel abt the drama :P
Hey don't forget about the Maemi x Kazami shippers. You left them out. lol.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 9th, '10, 13:37

Oh, KazaEmi shippers may watch all the episodes, their story and their relationship makes sense from the beginning to the end, nothing's confusing abt them ^_^

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jul 9th, '10, 14:32

I think from the entire show, my fav episode would be first and last.

Especially the final scene was just...awwww :wub:

Overall, I didn't really care much about the drama really or the characters but the final episode sums everything up nicely and I'm satisfied how they ended it. 8)

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jul 9th, '10, 14:40

yanie wrote:To sum it up...

What?! Am I wasting my time downloading eps 5 & 6 now? Maybe I should just delete my torrents and skip to downloading eps 7 & 8. :lol

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Jul 9th, '10, 14:49

Peggy wrote: Once I get the English subs I think I will write about this drama again. Right now it is the 'wedding' that puzzles me.
Anyone help please???

Peggy

taylor

Post by taylor » Jul 9th, '10, 14:51

Yeah, there was too much of XM in the beginning. I thought Ren and her were going to end up but surprisingly they shifted the plot and focused on Maemi. Though the last episode was great but I think not too many viewers like XM-Ren. Personally, I don't like her voice in drama, it's too flirty. And episode 8 was a little rushed.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 9th, '10, 15:10

hanapyupyu wrote:What?! Am I wasting my time downloading eps 5 & 6 now? Maybe I should just delete my torrents and skip to downloading eps 7 & 8. :lol
Aw, sorry, I'm afraid you are :P Ep. 5 & 6 were the worst. I can still take Ep.4.

5,6 were just plain... :crazy:

But its okay, you can always watch it in a fast-forward mode :roll

scattie

Post by scattie » Jul 9th, '10, 16:32

yes world cup is coming to an end so i can start pick up the drama again xD

I LOVE READING ALL THE SPOILERS! HEEEE!

well i fast forward every time XM on screen..through out the drama :lol

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Jul 9th, '10, 17:41

I was watching this on the plane (coming back from Japan!!) and cried my eyes out. I was actually in Tokyo when the finale was broadcast but I was out shopping :P

I love Maemi and Ren together, but one scene that that made me cried alot :
When Yuzuki was telling Ren that she has no regret of loving him, or running after him. She demanded him to carry her and she just hold him tight like that. When she got home, she was crying in bed, I cried with her. I can feel her pain

Also, of course, when Ren left to go to the airport, Maemi cried, and how she delivers her emotion was just brilliant, my heart ached with her, reminded me of the scene in the earlier episode where she was sitting on the swing crying, and didn't want kazumi to know.

Mirokujin

Post by Mirokujin » Jul 9th, '10, 19:58

yanie wrote:Oh, KazaEmi shippers may watch all the episodes, their story and their relationship makes sense from the beginning to the end, nothing's confusing abt them ^_^
totally

oops forgot to put those under spoiler tags~
poor kazami was kinda forgot by the writer after he turned to be "black", but I really like this pairing~very cute and lovely. Kazami looked so lonely in the last two episodes.

I like the ending too. The moment Ren confessed to Maemi was so cute, as well as the after wedding scene~XD The author should have done more Ren/Maemi interactions before, then less audience would have left this drama....
I think LCL had so many scenes in this drama is because she has CM contract with P&G and P&G is a big sponser for this drama, so...she had far more scenes than the role XM was supposed to have.
Last edited by Mirokujin on Jul 10th, '10, 02:43, edited 1 time in total.

lvtk

Post by lvtk » Jul 9th, '10, 21:01

Finally, I can watch the last episode with sub. Personally, I like the ending. I think it's perfect. It's not too unrealistic sweet and not too dull either.
For me, the last wedding scence was saying that Ren wasn't back to Maemi because he wanted someone to heal his heart but because she was his "one". I think Ren decided to stop his future with XM before Maemi confessed him about her feeling. Of course, his feeling to XM was still around. It couldn't be erased just a blink, that's why he didn't want Yuzu to open that window. Sometimes we want to remember some feelings before forgetting them, don't we?
I think the constraint of this drama is timing. Due to a high cost of casts and productions, it has to end quick.
As the result, there was no enough time to explain everything as it should be. Moreover, LCL's weak acting did drop audiences' interest along the way.

Personally, I think the story line wasn't bad. It could actually happen in real life.

I believe many of us loved and to be loved more than once, or might have been through the situation of rejecting and being rejected by someone, or felt so "madly in love" just "because.." and then that feeling was away leaving only memories to be there just "because.." as well.

There were times that we could be only "a sister or brother" for someone no matter how hard we tried to win that heart. There were times that we felt "alone" and tried to win something to feel our existence in this world. And there were times that we kept watching someone's back just because we loved and was happy to do that no matter what.

What I got from this drama is people connect to people from heart naturally. It can't be forced and faked. Thank you this drama for reminding me that "We aren't all alone" although there are many times that we are alone.

Sorry!!.. too serious :P

I want to thank all who worked very hard for providing sub to this drama so fast each week. Thank you very much!!

jeune_daisy

Post by jeune_daisy » Jul 9th, '10, 21:32

Add up, finally, we get to hear Ren calls her "Maemi", not "Ninomiya"!!!

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Jul 9th, '10, 23:18

lvtk wrote:Finally, I can watch the last episode with sub. Personally, I like the ending. I think it's perfect. It's not too unrealistic sweet and not too dull either.
For me, the last wedding scence was saying that Ren wasn't back to Maemi because he wanted someone to heal his heart but because she was his "one". I think Ren decided to stop his future with XM before Maemi confessed him about her feeling. Of course, his feeling to XM was still around. It couldn't be erased just a blink, that's why he didn't want Yuzu to open that window. Sometimes we want to remember some feelings before forgetting them, don't we?
I think the constraint of this drama is timing. Due to a high cost of casts and productions, it has to end quick.
As the result, there was no enough time to explain everything as it should be. Moreover, LCL's weak acting did drop audiences' interest along the way.

Personally, I think the story line wasn't bad. It could actually happen in real life.

I believe many of us loved and to be loved more than once, or might have been through the situation of rejecting and being rejected by someone, or felt so "madly in love" just "because.." and then that feeling was away leaving only memories to be there just "because.." as well.

There were times that we could be only "a sister or brother" for someone no matter how hard we tried to win that heart. There were times that we felt "alone" and tried to win something to feel our existence in this world. And there were times that we kept watching someone's back just because we loved and was happy to do that no matter what.

What I got from this drama is people connect to people from heart naturally. It can't be forced and faked. Thank you this drama for reminding me that "We aren't all alone" although there are many times that we are alone.

Sorry!!.. too serious :P

I want to thank all who worked very hard for providing sub to this drama so fast each week. Thank you very much!!
This is very well said. Thank you for writing that out!

shinn76

Post by shinn76 » Jul 9th, '10, 23:39

anyone has any idea the brand / model of shades Kimura Takuya - Hazuki Rensuke wearing in the show?

notoriousnoona

Post by notoriousnoona » Jul 10th, '10, 00:06

[quote="lvtk"]
I was waiting for someone to say this! I have to agree entirely. I loved the ending. I admit that I definitely waivered in my resolve that it would end the way I wanted but I never jumped ship.
What I believe is that Ren knew even in episode 7 where he belonged. Many have harped on the time btw the airport and the kiss but I think that it works that it was the next day; rather immediate. Ren said "I'll clean up when I get back." That was his declaration (to the audeince) that he wasn't going anywhere. He was returning. When he listens to Maemi's confession he was moved, because he was shocked sure but more over by what she was actually telling him, that she was ok and he didn 't have to feel or be indebted to her. She loved him "that" much to let him leave and love someone else. In the airport with XM he is hurt by their exchange not because he was all "crazy in love," though I do believe he cared for her but rather that he didn't want to hurt her yet again. He once said that he never wanted to do that again but no matter what, he always seemed to break her heart in some way. I don't think by any means, he needed time to think about his decision because once he returns to Maemi's office in the beginning of ep 8, the decision was made, he was there purposely. Its not that he "really" had no where to go but rather he went where he wanted to go. He knew his place was with Maemi, even if that wasn't in a blatant romantic way.
Overall, I think that my initial thoughts that XM would open Ren up to who he really loved could have been incorrect. I figured that XM was never "it" but that she would push him to Maemi, however that's not what really happened. Maemi was always the one that helped him. XM was just some girl that he fell for. She didn't really change him at all. I find it ironic that even though he does change, he doesn't go back to her. He stuck to his idea that she and he weren't right for one another.

Many are right that it would've been nice to see more of other characters, but ultimately, I loved the show. I feel that its a testament that its possible to love more than one person and not compromise.
There is so much more I could say about
the four coins and the meatless pork bowls, the chair explanation, the waterstrider talk, the rain, Yuzuki and the are they or aren't off camera shot but I won't. Oh but there is one thing that did bother me... Hazami's confession. I just didn't believe him. I'm not sure what that was about. Like everyone, I was sure that he liked Maemi but there was nothing that made me believe that he "needed" her. If Ren had said it, it would've been more believable but coming from him it fell flat to me.
Hope everyone can mark this off their list. Thank you everyone for great conversation, spoilers and fellow viewership. Loved every second!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 10th, '10, 00:51

notoriousnoona,

I want to agree with you regarding Kazami. I felt his telling Maemi that he was bitter and vengefull because of what his father always told him was weak. It was not strong enough to make him do all the dastardly things he did to Rensuke. He could have wrecked tthe company Regolith as well as the owner . The reason was childish. I always wanted to know wny he was so vicious, and I needed a good reason for his actions. Never got anything that made sense.

I am still not sure why he was able to take over Regolith even tho he was in cahoots with the other company. You would think he would want to be the boss all on his own. so what did he accomplish? He didn't get Maemi.

Peg

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 10th, '10, 01:23

Peggy wrote:notoriousnoona,

I want to agree with you regarding Kazami. I felt his telling Maemi that he was bitter and vengefull because of what his father always told him was weak. It was not strong enough to make him do all the dastardly things he did to Rensuke. He could have wrecked tthe company Regolith as well as the owner . The reason was childish. I always wanted to know wny he was so vicious, and I needed a good reason for his actions. Never got anything that made sense.

I am still not sure why he was able to take over Regolith even tho he was in cahoots with the other company. You would think he would want to be the boss all on his own. so what did he accomplish? He didn't get Maemi.

Peg
Kazami doesn't need Maemi. He likes her and I think admires her but he's not the type to cling. Especially not towards someone who doesn't have feelings for him. He wanted Regolith though. Since he's been poor before, he wants to climb up to the top now for power and money. He might be under Mastpole, but at least he's running Regolith. He was doing the dirty work for Ren and being sent about. Now he does the ordering and sending people to do the work.

thorned_sakura

Post by thorned_sakura » Jul 10th, '10, 01:47

i don't know about you guys, but i like the ending scene...it kinda signifies that his relationship with maemi is deep and strong enough for him to actually succumb to marriage!LOL

seriously though, i think they had to put that in to show the audience that their is a finality as to the pairings...just being together in the end doesn't mean anything unless you get married. of course, marriage nowadays can be easily revoked through annulment or divorce but the point is that it is one of the most important decisions in your life and you don't go through with it unless you're really really sure of your partner--that they're the one you want to be with for the rest of your life. so there...

oh yeah, i loved how ren called maemi by her first name as well !anyway, this validated my idea that he was already in love with her from the start (or maybe i'm just fangirling!LOL :lol ). japanese guys who are as reserved as ren's character tend to not show their closeness to the person by not using their first name. so ren calling maemi 'ninomiya' is his way of denying his feelings for her. of course, like i said, i could just be on full fangirl mode right now and am overanalyzing everything!lol nonetheless, my favored pairing ended up in the end so yatta!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

still, i feel bad for kazami :-( but xumei?!GOOD RIDDANCE!!!! :P :P :P

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Jul 10th, '10, 05:42

Finished watching. Definitely not the drama of this season but it was worth watching it. The ending is a bit fast but it couldn't be helped I guess.

The best thing in this drama was the last word in my opinion! :D

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 10th, '10, 06:14

The last word? Well I now have the hard subs so I will remember to listen for the last word.

I like the ending and I like the last two episodes very much. I will always be sure that the poor ratings are on the shoulders of Lin Chi Ling and the producers who gave her so much screen time.
I am wondering..Is P and G...Procter and Gamble?? or a Japanese company??

I think this total rating is the lowest I can remember for a Kimura drama. I don't go much by ratings myself but I know the Drama companies hold their breath.

The wonderful rating go to 'Ryoma' which is well over 20% for every episode and it is not yet finished showing here in US.

Peggy

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Jul 10th, '10, 07:12

P & G is Procter & Gamble! :wink:

This season my favourite is Mother. best drama I saw in years.

voldemort

Post by voldemort » Jul 10th, '10, 11:03

cya18 wrote: So, you can watch her in Anego ( very very recommended!, she carries this drama alone), , Unfair , Mukodono and Mukodono 2003.
Thanks for the suggestions!

lvtk

Post by lvtk » Jul 10th, '10, 16:10

Was it only an eye reflection or Ren's tear when Maemi confessed him? I think it was his tear knowing that he was loved that much.

I had a question to myself why Maemi decided to confess after seeing XM's writing on the window. At first, I thought she wanted to win him back. But then I realized Maemi might think that it would be the last time that she could watch "his back" again. She assumed Ren would be going for XM because he didn't have any obligation about his work situation any more. He lost the competition, no Regolith, so he was totally free for XM. She didn't confess for herself but instead to support Ren, as usual, going for his happiness by telling him "to keep running and go"..implying that she was fine..just like that.

Most of all, I think she wanted to let "herself" free as well. It's a rough long road to watch the one we love only his back for so many years. Saying out loud what we has kept inside for so long is one of the ways to let ourself free regardless the result will be. That's why her crying in that scene was the sadnest moment for me. She really had a big heart for Ren, and she got his heart in return after all.. not many people will be lucky to experience that kind of true love.

Ren also had tear when XM told him that she was leaving on the phone in the ealier episode but it was a completly different emotion.

When Maemi asked Kazami to compete with Ren on behalf of Regolith, I didn't understand her intention at first as well. Then I realized that she wanted to help Ren regained his confidence because he told her that he was scared. She was really watching his back.

Ren told Maemi when she asked him not to call her "old lady" that was saying "I love you". That's kind of cute and opening his heart to her :) ...Yeah, the old man took care a white hair of his old lady!!

Maemi's dream about a bowl meat was funny too.. "The two of us... meat!".. nice conclusion.
I agree that this drama is worth watching. I know I will be missing Ren and Maemi on Monday.

Thanks for all discussions in this blog. You all are nice!

lollercopter

Post by lollercopter » Jul 10th, '10, 16:32

Peggy wrote:I will always be sure that the poor ratings are on the shoulders of Lin Chi Ling and the producers who gave her so much screen time.
She's a main character, of course she has a lot of screen time. But why is it her fault that the show had relatively low ratings?

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 10th, '10, 16:46

lollercopter wrote:
Peggy wrote:I will always be sure that the poor ratings are on the shoulders of Lin Chi Ling and the producers who gave her so much screen time.
She's a main character, of course she has a lot of screen time. But why is it her fault that the show had relatively low ratings?
maybe because of her poor acting? :whistling:

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Jul 10th, '10, 17:20

I don't think someone's poor acting can ruin a drama's audience rating. Many Takizawa Hideaki featured dramas had great audience in the past and his acting skills are even worth than LCL.

:whistling:

thorned_sakura

Post by thorned_sakura » Jul 10th, '10, 19:44

ok..finally was able to watch it with subs today!yatta!!!got a lot of things wrong with just reading the body language...but overall am satisfied with the ending and feel like it conforms to my thoughts on this drama...

...or maybe not quite satisfied, am itching for an SP right now. i don't care what the plot will be about just as long as i get more kawaii moments of ren and maemi!!!! :goggle: :goggle: :goggle:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 10th, '10, 22:40

20centuryboy wrote:I don't think someone's poor acting can ruin a drama's audience rating. Many Takizawa Hideaki featured dramas had great audience in the past and his acting skills are even worth than LCL.
Well, I wouldn't rate Tacky along with LCL's acting. Tacky is above that. At least his eyes can project energy. I can't read any expressions from LCL.

And yes, poor acting can affect ratings. If you have a well written story line, but bad acting, ratings go down. If you have a good acting cast but poor script. Ratings will go down too.
You need both good script and good acting to make the ratings go up. With a few exceptions. *ya*cough*ma*cough*pi*

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Jul 10th, '10, 22:49

Are there subs available to download for the final episode besides watching it in vikii? I want to re-watch this so bad but want to watch it on my TV!!!

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 10th, '10, 22:54

fayewolf wrote:Are there subs available to download for the final episode besides watching it in vikii? I want to re-watch this so bad but want to watch it on my TV!!!
join this community @lj
http://community.livejournal.com/ohsmapsubs/

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Jul 10th, '10, 23:02

MisS Lonliah wrote:
fayewolf wrote:Are there subs available to download for the final episode besides watching it in vikii? I want to re-watch this so bad but want to watch it on my TV!!!
join this community @lj
oops, sorry, i was thinking about the final episode , but ohsmapsubs only have it up to sp6? Or am i reading it wrong?

dramaddex

Post by dramaddex » Jul 10th, '10, 23:25

seirin wrote:
20centuryboy wrote:I don't think someone's poor acting can ruin a drama's audience rating. Many Takizawa Hideaki featured dramas had great audience in the past and his acting skills are even worth than LCL.
Well, I wouldn't rate Tacky along with LCL's acting. Tacky is above that. At least his eyes can project energy. I can't read any expressions from LCL.

And yes, poor acting can affect ratings. If you have a well written story line, but bad acting, ratings go down. If you have a good acting cast but poor script. Ratings will go down too.
You need both good script and good acting to make the ratings go up. With a few exceptions. *ya*cough*ma*cough*pi*
hmm your reasoning sounds logical but maybe too. I am a XM and rensuke shipper, but even when my pairing was looking great in ep 4 or 5, i actually dropped the drama. I stopped watching after ep 4 or was it 5? Can't remember... So i dont think it has to do with the acting, in my case. I just lost interest with the plot. . (Then when i heard about the ending, i decided to visit this forum to see maemi x rensuke shipper's reaction, because i know there were a lot, just out of curiosity, since many were depressed of what was happening in ep4/5)

but yeah, if her acting was better, XM would have the potential to get more shippers on her side, but more viewers? maybe or maybe not.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 11th, '10, 00:45

fayewolf wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote:
join this community @lj
oops, sorry, i was thinking about the final episode , but ohsmapsubs only have it up to sp6? Or am i reading it wrong?
Yes I know that you were talking about the final episode! They already released the subs of the final episode on Thursday. All you need to do is to join their community! ^^

takaraieri

Post by takaraieri » Jul 11th, '10, 01:41

dramaddex wrote:
seirin wrote:

hmm your reasoning sounds logical but maybe too. I am a XM and rensuke shipper, but even when my pairing was looking great in ep 4 or 5, i actually dropped the drama. I stopped watching after ep 4 or was it 5? Can't remember... So i dont think it has to do with the acting, in my case. I just lost interest with the plot. . (Then when i heard about the ending, i decided to visit this forum to see maemi x rensuke shipper's reaction, because i know there were a lot, just out of curiosity, since many were depressed of what was happening in ep4/5)

but yeah, if her acting was better, XM would have the potential to get more shippers on her side, but more viewers? maybe or maybe not.

Gosh, here I am stuck on chapter 5 and waiting for the other ones to come with Eng subs, but I think I'll just get the raw stuff.

I haven't read any spoilers (simply hate them ^^) and I'm not particularly cheering for anyone though... But I think that LCL main problem could be the language barrier. There are somethings that you can express only with your body language and others with words; mainly, we express ourselves using both of them. Judging on her accent (I really don't know if she can speaks Japanese, it sounds more like she's just begun learning it) I would say she's having some trouble with it. But I guess she'll manage soon enough.

Aaaand of course, we have Shinohara - a great Japanese actress, beautiful and skillful. So I think it's pretty obvious that most people would cheer up for her.

Me, I'm always cheering for the Actor in a Supporting Role: MATSUDA SHOTA!!! :wub: :-)