[Discussion] Unubore Deka (Nagase Tomoya, Ikuta Toma)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
ZainRain

Post by ZainRain » Jul 25th, '10, 15:52

lissamae: Do you have handoku?? Can u seed them if u have.. :D

Well from my opinion, his silly face will make more laughter. :lol . If u see the handoku. U will see all the silly face and makes u laugh so much. especially when he argue with Mori.

saayan

Post by saayan » Jul 25th, '10, 20:31

Silly faces are...silly but I personally think they're hilarious and match Unubore's character. I love the fact that Nagase is this really insanely good-looking guy but he totally throws that out the window on purpose. I love Unubore's crying face. It's just so entertainingly lame.

I wouldn't mind seeing another kickass movie or drama like GO or IWGP from Kudokan, but lighthearted comedy is always welcome in my book too. It just leaves me with a big long-lasting grin on my face. :mrgreen:

Romance

Post by Romance » Jul 26th, '10, 20:08

Personally i couldnt get into this, but keep watching and enjoy folks :-)

ZainRain

Post by ZainRain » Jul 26th, '10, 21:13

Romance wrote:Personally i couldnt get into this, but keep watching and enjoy folks :-)
Whats the matter??

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jul 27th, '10, 16:41

I can understand why some wouldn't like this drama and how the quirkiness may seem to border between absolute crappiness or sheer ingenuity, depending on their "cup of tea".
It took me two reruns of my 1st Kudo Kankuro drama, Kisarazu Cat's Eye, to fully appreciate what was going on. Thankfully I didn't have to try that hard for this drama, and so far I find this to be his funniest(not best) production ever.

Although it hasn't reached the uniqueness of Tiger and Dragon, I thought this one was well written in a way that it goes down to a very fine detail.
Because not only were the joke timings spot on (as mentioned earlier in this thread), I think everything and anything there is that is or can be interpreted as funny is sprinkled throughout every episode, and can be found and appreciated at several levels.
Yeah, I used "sprinkled" because most of the humor is subtle but funny nonetheless.

But there were also burst out loud moments. Like the scenes with the mama-san and all her scribbling, they never fails to make me laugh.
For those who've followed every Kudokan drama will know the number of times the mama-san actress, Morishita Aiko, has appeared in them, and how bloody irritating(but funny) her roles(and her talking) can be.
So for her to be perma-notepad-writing for communication(due to karaoke marathons or w/e) is just the best "audience tribute" that Kudokan has done, if that awesomeness is even intended to be that way lol.
Hope it stays that way until the end too, haha.
My favorite scene for episode 1 would be Unubore chasing <s>Eri</s> Rie from the station to the road crossing, right up till the starting scene of the restaurant with <s>Rieko</s> Eriko.
I thought it had several creative ideas stringed together to form one of the best situational humor I've seen in TV drama.

Episode 2 would be the whole shouting scene. Cos for me, it seems like a tribute to Nagase doing something similar in a previous Kudokan drama, I can't remember if it's IWGP or T&G.
And of course, how he just kept going until it was time.

Episode 3 was definitely the part where he revealed his proposal gifts (the kekkon daruma and the mascot plush toy).
That one pretty much reached the pinnacle of silly humor, lol.
Lastly, I know opinions are always something that are each to their own. But I don't quite understand the fuss about repetitive formulas, be it silly or not, as long as it works and doesn't get old, right?
I mean, even if it's not the case, the remote is always there.

Romance

Post by Romance » Jul 27th, '10, 19:56

ZainRain wrote:
Romance wrote:Personally i couldnt get into this, but keep watching and enjoy folks :-)
Whats the matter??
Personally i found it too silly (coulndt they put atleast some substance in it?), and the jokes werent simply that entertaining. Feels like a real waste to use such a cast on this and pointless characters such as those. And what did the comedian yahagi do there? haha :D

Want to see Nagase in a serious role after this, please.

But again, i hope i dont kill the tension in here. Please keep enjoying the drama folks :-)

blackstar

Post by blackstar » Jul 30th, '10, 04:56

imho probably this kind of drama is not everyone's cup of tea.. and there are plenty of 'japanese jokes' that might be hard to be understood by us.. non-japanese..
nevertheless, for me.. i just simply sit back, relax and enjoy every silly moments.. it's an entertaining drama which shouldn't be taken too seriously.. yes it's silly and doesn't make any sense.. after all it's comedy with kankuro touch.. so expect lots of quirkiness.. :-)

saayan

Post by saayan » Jul 30th, '10, 08:30

chokubi wrote:
My favorite scene for episode 1 would be Unubore chasing <s>Eri</s> Rie from the station to the road crossing, right up till the starting scene of the restaurant with <s>Rieko</s> Eriko.
I thought it had several creative ideas stringed together to form one of the best situational humor I've seen in TV drama.

Episode 2 would be the whole shouting scene. Cos for me, it seems like a tribute to Nagase doing something similar in a previous Kudokan drama, I can't remember if it's IWGP or T&G.
And of course, how he just kept going until it was time.

Episode 3 was definitely the part where he revealed his proposal gifts (the kekkon daruma and the mascot plush toy).
That one pretty much reached the pinnacle of silly humor, lol.
I can't believe I missed your comment. Omg YES, those were some of my favorite scenes too.

KudoKan humor is pure brilliance. I really wonder how his mind ticks. Sometimes I think viewers have a hard time keeping up with his fast pace (Boku no Mahoutsukai a good example of this XD), so multiple viewings are usually required. There's often new discoveries that were missed the first time around, so his dramas ALWAYS have such great re-watch value...which isn't the case for many other dramas out there.

I've seen Unubore compared to Kimi Hannin Jyanai Yone (the latter which I haven't seen yet) and though the premises do sound similar, KudoKan has had Unubore Deka in the works even before Kimi Hannin came out in 2008. Apparently he talks about it in his new TV LIFE column and the details on casting Kaname Jun.

Another of my favorite things from episode 2:
I love how Aoi Yu calls Unubore "Nicolas." It took me a while to get it but once it clicked I couldn't stop grinning. It's such typical KudoKan humor. It reminded me of the "Flash Dance" joke in Boku no Mahoutsukai. Does the typical Japanese population even know the movie "Flash Dance"?? XD He has a knack of sneaking in as many Western pop culture references as he does Japanese.

ZainRain

Post by ZainRain » Jul 30th, '10, 11:16

blackstar wrote:imho probably this kind of drama is not everyone's cup of tea.. and there are plenty of 'japanese jokes' that might be hard to be understood by us.. non-japanese..
nevertheless, for me.. i just simply sit back, relax and enjoy every silly moments.. it's an entertaining drama which shouldn't be taken too seriously.. yes it's silly and doesn't make any sense.. after all it's comedy with kankuro touch.. so expect lots of quirkiness.. :-)
Yeah... thats it.. Kankuro.. If u see all his drama.. The comedy will propably like that..

scattie

Post by scattie » Jul 30th, '10, 16:13

So far, I'm enjoying this drama xD Everyone's so great in their roles.

I love the conceited face Nagase made everytime he hinted to the girl that he fell in love with her and the wtf look on the girl's face xD

I love how they use Sadame to act as the dead person when they flashback on the crime commmited by those girls xD And the fact that Sadame himself always get corpse role lol

I love how pervertedly random Asai is haha like during ep 2 when he randomly start imagine the kind of person Konuma-san is xD His imagination goes from My Neighbour Totoro to flashy panties lol

I love Matsuo-kan. I just wanna say Kaname Jun looks really pretty in this drama haha.I really pity the professor hahahaha but he's really cute when he suddenly lie down on the couch when Konuma-san came by to share the onigiri xD Baka!

I really enjoy every single characters in this show..I can go on and on and on
:lol

"Maa-kun" farted while Unubore and Rei bickering about something haha. I thought I was hearing things but nooo Maa-kun farted for real lol It cracked me up how Unubore and Rei kept a straight face and kept on arguing..and then Unubore proclaimed..
"I love you so much I didn't fart! I'll keep all in lollll *pats Unubore*
Last edited by scattie on Jul 30th, '10, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jul 30th, '10, 16:14

saayan wrote:Sometimes I think viewers have a hard time keeping up with his fast pace (Boku no Mahoutsukai a good example of this XD), so multiple viewings are usually required. There's often new discoveries that were missed the first time around, so his dramas ALWAYS have such great re-watch value...which isn't the case for many other dramas out there.
That's so true. I've seen most of his dramas 2-3 times and it doesn't get old precisely because there's always something new that I spot each time.
Speaking of Boku no Mahou Tsukai, I'm still waiting patiently for SARS to release their hardsubs of this drama, so I can re-watch it and also everyone else will get to enjoy it.
I think it's definitely one of KudoKan's most unheard of dramas on this forums that shouldn't be missed.
And glad you mentioned this drama too, 'cos I just remembered how zany this one was, like Yazawa Eikichi's "I Love You OK" + random imagery inserts. (They never fail to crack me up. :rofl:)
Btw, do you think this drama and its "episode formula" is somewhat a prelude to that of T&G? 'Cos after watching it, I can't help but think that Kudokan made improvements and took it to the next level in T&G.
saayan wrote:I've seen Unubore compared to Kimi Hannin Jyanai Yone (the latter which I haven't seen yet) and though the premises do sound similar, KudoKan has had Unubore Deka in the works even before Kimi Hannin came out in 2008. Apparently he talks about it in his new TV LIFE column and the details on casting Kaname Jun.
Ooh! Can you elaborate more on what he said on that column? I'm curious.
Anyways, it's hard to say for sure who thought of the idea 1st or who copied from whom. There are usually two sides of the story when it comes to stuffs like this.
saayan wrote: I love how Aoi Yu calls Unubore "Nicolas." It took me a while to get it but once it clicked I couldn't stop grinning. It's such typical KudoKan humor. It reminded me of the "Flash Dance" joke in Boku no Mahoutsukai. Does the typical Japanese population even know the movie "Flash Dance"?? XD He has a knack of sneaking in as many Western pop culture references as he does Japanese.
Hmm, I don't remember the flash dance joke. But yeah, the uses pop culture references is partly what makes his dramas and the humor awesome.

saayan

Post by saayan » Jul 30th, '10, 19:54

scattie wrote:
I really enjoy every single characters in this show..I can go on and on and on
:lol

"Maa-kun" farted while Unubore and Rei bickering about something haha. I thought I was hearing things but nooo Maa-kun farted for real lol It cracked me up how Unubore and Rei kept a straight face and kept on arguing..and then Unubore proclaimed..
"I love you so much I didn't fart! I'll keep all in lollll *pats Unubore*
Yes <3 One thing I love about Kudokan is the characters he creates. They're all so lovable in their own way.

Ahhhh I totally love that scene too! :lol The comedic timing is just perfect. Have you seen the NG scene from it? I'm trying to look for it on youtube again but can't find it. ;_;

@Chokubi:
Yeah, I was so excited to hear SARS might sub BokuMahou. It's be awesome to see more people get access to it.

Oh wow, I never thought of that comparison to Tiger & Dragon, but it makes sense! Being one of Kudo's earlier works, BokuMahou is a little sloppy in places but it definitely feels like Kudo really tightened things up and polished his craft for T&D.

I wish I could elaborate on the article but sadly, that's all I know so far. :< I would so get my grabby hands on a copy of TV LIFE if I was in Japan but alas... I'll have to poke around the interwebs and see if I can get more details. :D
The "Flash Dance" joke happened in around episode 6 I think. Ohkura Koji's character did a little striptease ala Flash Dance while Ito Hideaki watched on, going :I the whole time lol.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jul 31st, '10, 08:56

scattie wrote:I love the conceited face Nagase made everytime he hinted to the girl that he fell in love with her
This has got to be one of Nagase's highlights of this show. I think he nailed the expression by making it look so convincing yet easy to pull off.
Not to mention that it ties in with what this show is all about too.
scattie wrote:I love how pervertedly random Asai is haha like during ep 2 when he randomly start imagine the kind of person Konuma-san is xD His imagination goes from My Neighbour Totoro to flashy panties lol
I liked how they shot this scene where they made the camera pan continuously from left to right, to later reveal that Sadame had already sneaked out on his own.
It had a "manga" feel to it which I thought was pretty creative yet subtly funny.
saayan wrote:I wish I could elaborate on the article but sadly, that's all I know so far.
My bad, I had the impression that you've already read the entire article. Don't worry about it though. : )
saayan wrote:The "Flash Dance" joke happened in around episode 6 I think. Ohkura Koji's character did a little striptease ala Flash Dance while Ito Hideaki watched on, going :I the whole time lol.
Ohh, I remember now! Okura's character made a pun on the word "dance" into "dansho" or something, and the theme song was even played too. How could I forget, lol.

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 31st, '10, 19:07

ozawa00 wrote:
isaki wrote:first episode hardsub already out but dont think that fansub post it here yet.
hardsub? why not release in soft subs? damn... Dislikes hardsubs :glare: :glare:
Well, first of all, the fansub group (Tomalicious) tries to prevent their work to get stolen/uploaded onto stream sites hence hardsubs.
Secondly, they are like STORMY (/rolleyes). They restrict their uploads to their livejournals and I don't think everyone can DL them. I'm all for the idea that fansubbers who are afraid and restrict their uploads should NOT register themselves over at FansubWiki.
From their official FansubWiki page wrote:[...]Sharing is good, but do it in the proper channels.
Mhmm, I see.

saayan

Post by saayan » Jul 31st, '10, 20:40

MiIiyah wrote:
ozawa00 wrote:
isaki wrote:first episode hardsub already out but dont think that fansub post it here yet.
hardsub? why not release in soft subs? damn... Dislikes hardsubs :glare: :glare:
Well, first of all, the fansub group (Tomalicious) tries to prevent their work to get stolen/uploaded onto stream sites hence hardsubs.
Secondly, they are like STORMY (/rolleyes). They restrict their uploads to their livejournals and I don't think everyone can DL them. I'm all for the idea that fansubbers who are afraid and restrict their uploads should NOT register themselves over at FansubWiki.
From their official FansubWiki page wrote:[...]Sharing is good, but do it in the proper channels.
Mhmm, I see.
They are pretty easy to access. All you need is a LJ account (free and easy to make) and you just have to join the community (only one click required!).

Lots of time and effort goes into these subs (especially Unubore Deka, because with all of its jokes and gags, it isn't just any ordinary jdrama to translate...probably takes twice as long). Wouldn't you say any sub (hard or soft) is better than no subs at all? :scratch:

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 31st, '10, 22:11

saayan wrote:
MiIiyah wrote:
ozawa00 wrote:
Mhmm, I see.
They are pretty easy to access. All you need is a LJ account (free and easy to make) and you just have to join the community (only one click required!).

Lots of time and effort goes into these subs (especially Unubore Deka, because with all of its jokes and gags, it isn't just any ordinary jdrama to translate...probably takes twice as long). Wouldn't you say any sub (hard or soft) is better than no subs at all? :scratch:
I never claimed to dislike Hardsubs. Subs are subs. It might be easy and all, but who wants to create an LJ account just for 10~13 weeks? Creating an LJ account just for THIS is just inane. Besides, if it's so extremely easy, why won't they upload it on D-Addicts? Are they afraid that it might get uploaded on a stream site? If it's really so easy to download from their LJ, wouldn't the so-called 'stealers' steal those uploads anyway? I don't see how it's rational. I'm not bitter nor do I try to offend them. I just hate those restrictions/isolations in general. It's like they are only doing it so people visit their LJ. Kind of a lame picture there.

If you are a devoted fansubber then DO realize that you CAN'T protect your uploads. However, you can SHARE your work with everybody publicly and be proud that so many people appreciate you, your team and your work. Isolating yourself, restricting stuff...that's just lame, regardless of your argument. A lot of fansubbers have gotten way too conceited. Guess the internet fame was too much for them. They should take a close look at withS2, Heiwa or SUBlimes, for instance. There are more, of course. These fansubbers are a doozy one.

saayan

Post by saayan » Aug 1st, '10, 00:21

@Miliyah: I didn't mean to say you dislike hardsubs. I was just quoting a quote in your quote. Sorry if that was unclear.

It's the subbing team's choice to release their work where they want. Maybe they want to stay low-key. I'm actually starting to think that LJ and direct dl is the new way to go with the recent crackdown on a torrent distributor in Japan.

I just don't see it as a big deal. The fansubbers deserve our support regardless.

ZainRain

Post by ZainRain » Aug 1st, '10, 13:36

Come on... dont :argue: with each other... :lol .. makes u feel better..

For me.. Direct Download is way better than torrent.. I really appreciate of what TOMALICOUs done.. First time ever i can downloaded dorama using MF.. It has pretty fast download rate rather than torrent..

Well.. Ive been thinking.. there is a lot of subs has been changed.. even some of the people change the credits and add their name into the subs credits makes it look like their own works but its not.. :scratch: And now they all start to do hardsubs.. i think it good for them so that it has their own copyrights.. lol

DONT QUOTE THIS!!!! :D

scattie

Post by scattie » Aug 1st, '10, 13:44

This is getting tiresome xD

HEY HEY HEY! :lol Let's get back to Unubore discussion!
I liked how they shot this scene where they made the camera pan continuously from left to right, to later reveal that Sadame had already sneaked out on his own.
It had a "manga" feel to it which I thought was pretty creative yet subtly funny.
:lol Yes yes and the same time you can see the way Sadame's fiddling with the book and his eyes started wandering like he's plotting something mischievous...
The comedic timing is just perfect. Have you seen the NG scene from it? I'm trying to look for it on youtube again but can't find it. ;_;
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/18eybwtidyY/ < is this the one? I can't view it yet cause the site won't load for me ._.

One more thing I noticed about this show is the background music. It reminds me of Kisarazu's xD I don't know how to explain it but it has guitar elements to it? XD LIke the background music they use, when Unubore, Sadame, Matsuo-kun and Anai sit at the bar with that orange massage shirt and the camera pan continuously and end up with Mama wearing the same orange shirt too (complete with "shiawase" expression on her face lol) ?

Agreed, the characters are loveable in their own way xD I re-watch Ep 2 and I never get tired with Maa-kun's HMMPH! :lol He's more conceited than Unubore and his handwriting? oh man haha this scene amused me to no end xD

ozawa00

Post by ozawa00 » Aug 1st, '10, 14:48

I liked more than Kimi Hannin Janai Yo Ne precisely because it is lighter and simpler. although the crime is very obvious, it was still really cool and faces and mouths Nagase are greatly exaggerated, others are calling for it because I liked more than Kimihan Kaname Jun's character was far less appealing and more fun (just my opinion, but I think I prefer the Nagase as a singer - the guy tells very well!)

ZainRain

Post by ZainRain » Aug 1st, '10, 14:57

:lol one part that i really like is when the Saeki fart... :D .. it really makes me laugh... when Unubore ask about it.. then he say that he never fart when he with Rie.. because he love her..

ozawa00

Post by ozawa00 » Aug 1st, '10, 15:09

it is obvious that the fansubbers deserve our respect and recognition, but why restrict? it is clear that softsub is better, always low because the file into raw and watch with the subtitles separately, is better than having all the trouble of downloading everything again. the more they restrict, the less people will watch. fear of having stolen their captions? so everyone needs to be harmed? I do not care for it, you'll see that soon a time will appear with the topic of softsubs Unubore Deka. The same happened with for UNTOUCHABLE, but really wanted her to leave the legends of Hagane No Onna...

ZainRain

Post by ZainRain » Aug 1st, '10, 15:30

8)
Last edited by ZainRain on Aug 1st, '10, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Aug 1st, '10, 15:48

scattie wrote:HEY HEY HEY!
I see what you did there... :mrgreen:
the same time you can see the way Sadame's fiddling with the book and his eyes started wandering like he's plotting something mischievous...
I didn't notice this part until I saw it for the 2nd time, which again shows how Kudokan's works are so rewatchable.
One more thing I noticed about this show is the background music. It reminds me of Kisarazu's xD I don't know how to explain it but it has guitar elements to it?
Nakanishi Kyo wrote the music for both dramas, so yup. : )
I think the best thing about the BGM is how they orchestrate it to pause with the actions going on in the scenes.
Like when Unubore asks for a massage from Konuma at the park. And they do that in every episode, it's great.
I never get tired with Maa-kun's HMMPH! :lol He's more conceited than Unubore and his handwriting?
He's so oblivious how bad his handwriting is that he doesn't even notice how he slows down whenever he's reading them.
And his perpetual buzz-cut really suits his kiddy behavior too. :lol

And episode 4 is all about:
Image :mrgreen:

saayan

Post by saayan » Aug 1st, '10, 20:42

Ahahaha great screencaps, scattie! "Why don't you quit being Japanese then!" I love it and I'll have to find a chance to use it.

Also, yup! that NG scene. I hope you can get it to load for you. It's hilarious. :lol

I love the use of music in Kudokan dramas too. It's so fitting and the timing is always spot on.

scattie

Post by scattie » Aug 3rd, '10, 14:37

I want Unubore straps!!
ZainRain wrote: when Unubore ask about it.. then he say that he never fart when he with Rie.. because he love her..
Isn't he adorable? :mrgreen:
chokubi wrote:I see what you did there...:mrgreen:

Kishidan? :D

Haha I watch Ep 4 without subs but I think I know the Hashin Tiger reference, baka keiji xD

sayaan wrote:Also, yup! that NG scene. I hope you can get it to load for you. It's hilarious.
Bwahaha I think it's because Saeki laughed a bit when he rolled and farted that led to the NG :lol I wonder how many takes they spend on that particular scene xD

Nghh can't comment much cause I don't have subs yet and I'm sure there are a lot of pun/reference on this episode too xD Please share if you have some :salut:

saayan

Post by saayan » Aug 3rd, '10, 22:27

Ep 4:
Ahhh Unubore 5 were so hilarious fighting over those straps like kids. :D

This episode had a lot of throwbacks to IWGP:
Unubore yelling "Tokorozawa saikou!" after getting beat up is one of them.
I also noticed the baseball-fontish numbers on the Unubore 5 straps were reminiscent of the numbers used in Kisarazu Cat's Eye.

It's kinda interesting seeing Nagase play a wimpy character for a change. In the past, he was always like the champion street fighter. lol

Super looking forward to next week! Mirei-sensei~ <3

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Aug 8th, '10, 02:17

GUYS AREN'T THERE ANY SOFT SUB PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ HELP I GOT ALL THE 5 NEW EPIS AND NO SOFT SUB WHAT SHOULD I DO

saayan

Post by saayan » Aug 8th, '10, 03:22

scattie wrote:I want Unubore straps!!
I want one tooooooo! You can get 'em here but...kinda expensive. XD
http://ishop.tbs.co.jp/tbs/org/drama/un ... c_cd/29624

AilsKeren27

Post by AilsKeren27 » Aug 8th, '10, 21:05

when i saw episode 4, i didn't know that Nagase can dance. simply irresistibly cool :-)
i also started watching tiger and dragon, considering the timeline, he looks a little meatier. hehe.

saayan

Post by saayan » Aug 9th, '10, 22:04

AilsKeren27 wrote:when i saw episode 4, i didn't know that Nagase can dance. simply irresistibly cool :-)
i also started watching tiger and dragon, considering the timeline, he looks a little meatier. hehe.
Apparently Nagase came up with those dance moves right there on the spot. :D I hope they release the uncut version on DVD~

Haha yeah, Nagase has put on some meat since T&D. He still looks great though! How are you liking T&D so far?

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Aug 10th, '10, 15:42

hmm gosh....after reading all the comments above, i think i need to re-watch the entire drama again in one-sitting after it is all done. somehow, i just can't grasp this drama as compared to previous similar works like T&D and KCE. I am suspecting this kinda drama needs to be watched in one-sitting... cos' the pace is simply too fast to break them into one episode per week...

hmm... hope i am right... :unsure:

AilsKeren27

Post by AilsKeren27 » Aug 11th, '10, 04:51

saayan wrote:
Apparently Nagase came up with those dance moves right there on the spot. :D I hope they release the uncut version on DVD~

Haha yeah, Nagase has put on some meat since T&D. He still looks great though! How are you liking T&D so far?

oh really? i didn't know that.

yup. hehe. for some reason T&D is not as enticing to me as Unubore or My Boss My Hero. not sure if i'll stick around in finishing T&D.
:whistling:

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Aug 15th, '10, 01:45

guys tell me from where i can load the series in hard sub

nescafemath

Post by nescafemath » Aug 15th, '10, 02:34

caramelchampagne wrote:guys tell me from where i can load the series in hard sub
from here http://fansub.d-addicts.com/TOMAlicious_Fansubs

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » Aug 15th, '10, 14:08

nescafemath wrote:
caramelchampagne wrote:guys tell me from where i can load the series in hard sub
from here http://fansub.d-addicts.com/TOMAlicious_Fansubs
could you plz send me direct link 4 the epis i can't find the loading link sorry for bothering ya

nescafemath

Post by nescafemath » Aug 15th, '10, 15:42

sorry, i dont have the authority to give the direct link to you..but try click on the 'DONE' link. or else try joining http://www.livejournal.comand add http://community.livejournal.com/tomalicious_frm
Attachments
click there
click there
zz.JPG (67.02 KiB) Viewed 5786 times
Last edited by nescafemath on Aug 16th, '10, 00:25, edited 1 time in total.

scattie

Post by scattie » Aug 15th, '10, 16:01

nescafematch: :'D!

No re-posting of links. Read it here. Join the community and you can have access to those links.
totemokawaii wrote: gosh....after reading all the comments above, i think i need to re-watch the entire drama again in one-sitting after it is all done.
It's more like you have to watch the episodes more than once, I always find new interesting things after second and third watch xD So many fun characters to pay attention too lol
saayan wrote:Apparently Nagase came up with those dance moves right there on the spot.
Ahh I didn't know that, thanks for sharing..what a dork *glomps nagase* xD!

Yikes..the straps are expensive but I like how they market it as lucky charms...*suckers for cute lil things*

I wanna share some Saeki's screencaps (lol i'm turning to Saeki's fangirl much? he's hilarious xD) but my internet is so sluggish, maybe later~

In Ep 3, Unubore's dad brings up the unsolved robbery case, it makes me wonder whether Rei's has something to do with it. The cash is still missing and could it be possible Rei's part of that robbery gang? xD I just feel there's something more to Rei x Unubore relationship.

Aww Mirei sensei nya!

nescafemath

Post by nescafemath » Aug 16th, '10, 00:31

scattie wrote:nescafematch: :'D!

No re-posting of links. Read it here. Join the community and you can have access to those links.
scattie: as you can see, i know i dont have the authority to spread the link so i gave a brief instruction and thats all... dont worry i'll obey the rules of the fansub and enjoy watching myself. i think its ok for you.

scattie

Post by scattie » Aug 16th, '10, 00:52

Ahh that was meant for caramelchampagne, not you..sorry :) I saw the pic you posted earlier and the team is ok with that :) Cheers!

The team will release Unubore 5 appearance on Himitsu no Arashi-chan soon, do check out for that xD

nescafemath

Post by nescafemath » Aug 16th, '10, 03:02

scattie wrote:Ahh that was meant for caramelchampagne, not you..sorry :) I saw the pic you posted earlier and the team is ok with that :) Cheers!

The team will release Unubore 5 appearance on Himitsu no Arashi-chan soon, do check out for that xD
thank for the info..^_^
but unubore team won just once.. :glare:

johntormos

Post by johntormos » Aug 16th, '10, 16:04

anyone have unobore deka ... english subtitle...... please.....

johntormos

Post by johntormos » Aug 16th, '10, 16:06

need subtitle please

scattie

Post by scattie » Aug 17th, '10, 06:59

nescafemath wrote:
but unubore team won just once.. :glare:
furthermore...
it's because of sympathy vote lol

nescafemath

Post by nescafemath » Aug 17th, '10, 13:06

scattie wrote:
furthermore...
it's because of sympathy vote lol
and ohno have the same fashion too :mrgreen: ... my 2fave actor..

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Aug 18th, '10, 01:06

I am going to the site now , but are the hardsubbed versions low quality in terms of resolution?

I don't like hardsubs usually because I have a 50" HD tv and usually hardsubbed stuff looks terrible on it due to low render quality.

RGVEDA81

Post by RGVEDA81 » Aug 21st, '10, 22:12

@ Archaenon

You can download there a 720p HD Version. So i think it will look good on your 50" TV. I have a 46" TV and it looks good :)

RGVEDA

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Aug 21st, '10, 22:28

RGVEDA81 wrote:@ Archaenon

You can download there a 720p HD Version. So i think it will look good on your 50" TV. I have a 46" TV and it looks good :)

RGVEDA
Thank you much. I'm getting the first episode now actually.

pnguyen126

Post by pnguyen126 » Aug 23rd, '10, 20:44

Might be just me but I was severely disappointed in episode 4. It seems like it was rushed and had such horrible story progression. ... I'm still waiting for episode 5... but from the raw it seems a lot better than episode 4.

saayan

Post by saayan » Aug 23rd, '10, 21:44

pnguyen126 wrote:Might be just me but I was severely disappointed in episode 4. It seems like it was rushed and had such horrible story progression. ... I'm still waiting for episode 5... but from the raw it seems a lot better than episode 4.
I actually liked it! I know what you mean about it feeling rushed, though. It's like they packed in as much as they could in a short hour. Personally, I would re-watch it, though you may not want to since you didn't like it. For some reason, at least for me, every episode seem better after a second viewing. I think it might be because there are a lot of details/jokes that are missed the first time around since everything kinda flies by so fast. :lol

pnguyen126

Post by pnguyen126 » Aug 23rd, '10, 23:40

saayan wrote:
pnguyen126 wrote:Might be just me but I was severely disappointed in episode 4. It seems like it was rushed and had such horrible story progression. ... I'm still waiting for episode 5... but from the raw it seems a lot better than episode 4.
I actually liked it! I know what you mean about it feeling rushed, though. It's like they packed in as much as they could in a short hour. Personally, I would re-watch it, though you may not want to since you didn't like it. For some reason, at least for me, every episode seem better after a second viewing. I think it might be because there are a lot of details/jokes that are missed the first time around since everything kinda flies by so fast. :lol
My bad, when i said that i felt this episode was rushed was that they didn't try to jam pack alot of content into it. I meant that they just threw a few ideas and stretched it out for way too long. I felt compared to the first 2, and even the 3rd episodes this one was way half ass-ed.

This will be a pretty long explanation and i'll use spoilers when im referring to episode 4 since the subbed version was barely released and don't want to ruin it for other board members.
I felt that it was half ass-ed because in this episode Unubore was just dilly dallying around basically the entire episode. I know that the Unubore 4 were bound to get some action but then Unubore was basically out of the loop the entire episode. The reason why i found episodes 1/2 good was because that even though he was conceited and thought the girls loved him he still showed a side of him that was still a detective. Like in episode one when he called the girl out on the fact that she lied about watching the movies his love for her quickly took over and made up an excuse for why she lied. His ability as a detective again was shown when he remembered how she mentioned the victim was a newly wed and the way she said it seemed like she was discontent but his love made him brush off this idea. In episode 2 his skills as a detective can be clearly seen when he put 2 and 2 together and noticed that the scam artist occupations all used hands and she was very good with her hands and that the girl he liked seem to fit the profile as well. He sub-consciously suspected her and gave her an alias Keiji Miura to test how she would reacted; however once again his love for the suspect made him brush it off. In episode 4 however there was no such interaction between Unubore and the suspect/victims. We know that she supposedly died but however Unubore did show that he wanted to solve the case, he even asked his dad for insight on the case. Yet he didn't follow up on it at all he just day dreamed half of the episode away. I mean he was so determined to prove the innocence of the girls he loved in episode 1-3. So why not would the same determination bring justice to the killer of the girl he loved in episode 4?

Another thing is that this episode his reason for love was so lame and stupid. In episode 1,2, and 3 he had good reasons. 1, where he loved the way she listened so uninterrupted when he spoke to her, 2, where when he was touched by her hand he felt the love and passion that flowed into him, and 3 where the sound of her voice called out to him and made him believe in her. This i felt made the girls eventually love him and not wanting to hurt him anymore decide to choose jail over him. Episode 3 we can accept the reason was because she truly loved her husband and didn't realize it until after he died. Where as 4 the reason for loving the girl was just because of her lips it was so lame.

Also another thing i missed from episode 1 & 2 was how they used the guy that plays as an actor whenever they re-enacted the dead victims. Why didn't they use him as a corpse in episode 3 and 4?!

saayan

Post by saayan » Aug 24th, '10, 00:29

@pnguyen126
Thanks for elaborating! Hmm, let's see...
Ep 4 not being an Unubore-centric episode actually seems to be a common complaint. I've heard many other people say the exact same thing. I agree that it's too bad Unubore wasn't able to have much interaction with the girl and fall in love with her properly, and not just based on his own silly dream-educed fantasies. I won't deny I got a kick out of those self-conceited dreams, though. They're actually very symbolic if you pick them apart. i.e. the whole "I'm me," thing.

Just a heads up, episode 5 and 6 also focus on other members of Unubore 5. They get back on track with episode 7 though, so you can look forward to that. :lol I'd have to agree that episodes with more interactions between Unubore and the culprit are a lot more fun.

Regarding Sadame not playing the dead body anymore: He's been promoted from "corpse" role to the "Unubore Deka" role. Therefor, he won't be playing dead bodies anymore and will be doing stuff like reenacting scenes from Unubore's past, etc. Come to think of it, it might have been hilarious to see Sadame in a wig playing the part of the dead woman though!
To me, ep 4 felt jam-packed because it had a lot of my favorite jokes so far:
I loved how Unubore went home to change into his white suit before showing up to save Anai-san's ass. I loved the, "So the culprit might be...anti-Tigers!?" line. I loved Saeki-san's drunken rant about Unubore's ex-fiance (a.k.a. his own wife XD). Also, "She should shrivel up and die of sexlessness" is officially my favorite line ever.

scattie

Post by scattie » Aug 24th, '10, 05:34

Agreed with saayan, it gets better during 2nd viewing, at least for me xD

I better put the rest under spoiler..just in case..
But I kinda wish there were more Unubore's actions too but it can't be helped since the female culprit's dead from beginning of the story. The interactions Unubore and the culprit's going to get is pretty much during his conceited dreams right but that aside, I also don't get what's lips gotta do with this episode ._. Toda does has sexy lips though xD
Some of the scenes I enjoyed during Ep 4
- the dream sequences xDD
- Unubore and Saeki's interaction..as always. I love how their roles reverse when these two together xD Unubore becomes the sensible one and Saeki's the conceited guy xD
- love the face/sound Nagase made when he held Yuko san's hands and said.."I'm glad that you're alive..ngghhh! :DDDD!
- when the bartender and Nagase make fun of Sadame's name haha poor kid and when the bartender said "we should ask for Unubore's help" and Sadame happily said "Me?" and they dismissed him *flappy hands* iya iya iya lol perfect timing
- Haha I love Anai-san's whiny accusing voice.."You go back and change first right?" when Unubore came to rescue him lol
One thing I would like to ask though, when Anai-san's showing off his Toyota Prius, Sadame went and wrote something on the car window..a CM pun? What's the significance of that or just silly gesture from Sadame? xD

pnguyen126

Post by pnguyen126 » Aug 24th, '10, 05:49

scattie wrote:Agreed with saayan, it gets better during 2nd viewing, at least for me xD

I better put the rest under spoiler..just in case..
But I kinda wish there were more Unubore's actions too but it can't be helped since the female culprit's dead from beginning of the story. The interactions Unubore and the culprit's going to get is pretty much during his conceited dreams right but that aside, I also don't get what's lips gotta do with this episode ._. Toda does has sexy lips though xD
Some of the scenes I enjoyed during Ep 4
- the dream sequences xDD
- Unubore and Saeki's interaction..as always. I love how their roles reverse when these two together xD Unubore becomes the sensible one and Saeki's the conceited guy xD
- love the face/sound Nagase made when he held Yuko san's hands and said.."I'm glad that you're alive..ngghhh! :DDDD!
- when the bartender and Nagase make fun of Sadame's name haha poor kid and when the bartender said "we should ask for Unubore's help" and Sadame happily said "Me?" and they dismissed him *flappy hands* iya iya iya lol perfect timing
- Haha I love Anai-san's whiny accusing voice.."You go back and change first right?" when Unubore came to rescue him lol
One thing I would like to ask though, when Anai-san's showing off his Toyota Prius, Sadame went and wrote something on the car window..a CM pun? What's the significance of that or just silly gesture from Sadame? xD
Anai = unubore snoop dogg? everytime he says his introduction is kinda annoying! its something something to the i .. anai desu!... sn double o p to the d o double g desu! out of all the unubore's my least favorite is anai and the professor... the pastry chef i can some what tolerate sadame is just hilarious how he thinks hes become famous that he covers himself up in public yet on a talk show hes still trying to catch up to his fame psychologically :D

saayan

Post by saayan » Aug 24th, '10, 06:48

scattie wrote: One thing I would like to ask though, when Anai-san's showing off his Toyota Prius, Sadame went and wrote something on the car window..a CM pun? What's the significance of that or just silly gesture from Sadame? xD
That was bothering me, too! I just went back to check and it looks like he wrote "Sadame." So cute. XD

I also forgot to mention..episode 4 is the birth of the Unubore 5 straps. <3

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Aug 24th, '10, 18:44

@saayan
I was one of those who felt that ep4-6 lost a bit of steam. And I guess it might have been because Unubore wasn't the focus as you said, or Kudokan not knowing the Unubore3 actors well enough to tailor the episodes to them.

Anyway, so glad ep 7 manage to <s>pick itself up</s> make a full recovery with tons of Image references.
Best episode by far, the dialogues... everything was well written. And I think this should be the only episode where it was custom-made for the guest star, which made it so enjoyable.

My favorite scene has to be Toyama Kyoko's cameo appearance for that re-enactment scene, together with Sadame's silly hairdo + Fukushima namari. BRILLIANT! :thumleft:
Other great scenes were those with Reiko Mama. Couldn't have picked a better episode to finally speak up, lol! :thumleft:
(If you know who that man above in the green icon is, you'll know what I'm talking about. :mrgreen: )
everytime he says his introduction is kinda annoying!
Funny how ep7 reveals that Anai apparently knows it hasn't impress anyone for over 20yrs but keeps doing it anyway, lol poor thing!
Thumbs up for Koizumi Kyoko in her guest appearance too. She's arguably neck and neck with Aoi Yuu for "best performance from a guest star" (so far) IMO. 8)

By the way, does anyone know if Higuchi Kanako, Koyuki and ep8's Mita Keiko starred in a previous Kudokan production or was there no link why those 3 were chosen as guest stars?

saayan

Post by saayan » Aug 24th, '10, 21:07

@chokubi Tenchooooo~ <3
Yeah, I thought ep 7 was up there with ep 2 as well. I wonder if we'll ever know Unubore's real name? (It's not Machida, that's for sure lol)

Apparently this time they hired a real choreographer for the dance-off. :D I loved KyonKyon in Manhattan and I loved her in this episode.

To the best of my knowledge, I don't think Higuchi Kanako or Mita Keiko has worked with KudoKan before. Koyuki was in IWGP. I'm sad there are only a few episodes left! Other KudoKan-related actresses that are missing are Aso Kumiko (from Yajisan Kitasan), Fukada Kyoko (Mirai Koshi Meguru), Shibasaki Kou (Go & Maiko Haaan!), Shinohara Ryoko (Boku no Mahoutsukai), Sakai Wakana (Kisarazu), Ito Misaki (T&D)...actually, there seems to be a lot more than I thought. XD

I want cameos from Abe Sadao, Omi Toshinori and Furuta Arata~ I'm a little sad they didn't get the oden cart guy from Tiger & Dragon to play the oden cart guy in Unubore! That would have been so awesome!

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Aug 25th, '10, 03:17

Yeah... interesting how they've never mentioned Unubore's real name at all. I have a feeling they'll use this for some kinda big revelation in the last episode!

You're right about Koyuki! (Somehow, I had no recollection of her appearance in that show. :roll )
Speaking of her episode, the gym weights, aka Ryusei reference was pretty funny.
Apparently this time they hired a real choreographer for the dance-off. :D
Yup, they hired Oikawa Mitsuhiro. :mrgreen:
Sakai Wakana (Kisarazu)
I'll go with this! Cos there were so many other Kudokan productions that she was in. Like IWGP, Manhattan and Maiko Haaan.
I'm a little sad they didn't get the oden cart guy from Tiger & Dragon to play the oden cart guy in Unubore! That would have been so awesome!
Maybe they couldn't find a secondary role for that character, so they did away with the idea. I'm sure they would've thought of it.
On a side note, I just realized that Sadame's drama director was from the enemy gang in Tiger & Dragon.

And just to point out 2 more awesome references in ep7:
1) The barista joke at the start (The joke itself was pretty funny :lol )

2) Fukuhara gulping down her drinks at the bar. (This idea was so subtle yet spot on!)

saayan

Post by saayan » Aug 25th, '10, 03:51

Hmm, actually according to Unubore Deka's AP, it was Hattanda Riko who choreographed the dance scene. She also happens to be KudoKan's wifey. <3 Source: http://www.tbs.co.jp/unubore5/diary/

It would have been awesome though, if Oikawa Mitsuhiro had showed up out of nowhere and whisked KyonKyon away~ :D
chokubi wrote: On a side note, I just realized that Sadame's drama director was from the enemy gang in Tiger & Dragon.
Yup~ Mr. Tank-top obsessed director was a yakuza in T&D (he also played the zombie Japanese American baseball player in Kisarazu World Series LOL)! Goro-chan the bartender, also played a yakuza in T&D (the one who got bullied a lot). Funnily enough, he's also in Jikou Keisatsu that airs right after Unubore Deka in Japan (although on a different network). XD

You don't even know happy it makes me to be able to discuss the KudoKan World with you guys. ;_;

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Aug 25th, '10, 04:40

Hehe, Oikawa Mitsuhiro sure is no RL choreographer.
I was only hinting that he'd make a cameo appearance in that dance-off scene cos it was a tribute to his character after all.

Pity they couldn't get him to make appear for this episode like Toyama Kyoko did.
Although her "re-enactment actress" cameo was pretty spot on, they could've least gotten Oikawa to play one of the uniformed cops who rushed in to arrest Fukuhara or something. .:lol

And thanks for pointing out who the real choreographer is. :thumright:

saayan

Post by saayan » Aug 25th, '10, 05:16

Ahaha silly me, I didn't even realize you were only joking about Micchi being the choreographer. :doh:

I'd love it if KudoKan did more crossovers. I guess he kinda already did when the Kisarazu Cats had a cameo in the IWGP SP, but I can't help but to think how awesomely hilarious it would be on a grander scale. Then again, it would probably be hard considering how he reuses so many of the same actors. XD

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Aug 25th, '10, 08:52

I see what you mean. Well yeah, the cameo thing isn't new to him, he's used it since IWGP SP as you said.
But I'm sure he'll find new ways to keep it fresh, as evident in episode 7. He is an expert in the genre after all. :P

At this point, I'm curious to see how Kudokan will build up the story for the finale; with the (shameless self-titled) novel-drama and the bimyou romance between Unubore and Rie being the only ongoing things happening in the storyline so far.

saayan

Post by saayan » Aug 28th, '10, 04:47

Ahhhhhhhhhkjgjhk I loved episode 8 so much. It might have even passed ep 2 as my favorite.
Unubore father and son dance <33333 I was laughing so hard I nearly started crying.

Rie and Saeki are the cutest couple ever. Despite that, the love triangle is getting interesting. XD Ahhhhh I also loved Saeki's "too cheerful" barrier the next morning.

Ahaha I felt sorry for Baba-san. He really was a pain in the ass but he probably didn't deserve to die for it lol.

Unubore 5 weren't very prominent but their scenes were all hilarious and memorable. The frutti wasn't tutti at all~

I was surprised to learn Unubore's mom is still alive. Also, an arranged marriage for Unubore?? Bring it on! I can't wait!
I can't even type coherently right now. It was the most fun I've had watching a drama in a long time. :cheers:

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Sep 3rd, '10, 14:19

Did anyone noticed the umbrella in ep 6 when RIE was trying to give it to Unubore.

Edit

ah you know never mind..

nescafemath

Post by nescafemath » Sep 7th, '10, 15:46

I found this video which cover the theme song for unubore deka on
it's really cute because they use the same scene but replace with teddy bears..love it so much.. :wub: see for your self..

saayan

Post by saayan » Sep 7th, '10, 22:14

nescafemath wrote:I found this video which cover the theme song for unubore deka on
it's really cute because they use the same scene but replace with teddy bears..love it so much.. :wub: see for your self..
That was absolutely adorable! <3 Thanks for sharing.

I noticed they got Mabo (the dinosaur) and Taichi (the puff ball thingy) mixed up in the band scenes. XD

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Sep 8th, '10, 17:06

Episode 9 was good! :thumleft:
I like how they explored and tied the whole arson/arsonist theme in with various aspects of this episode;
The firetruck+siren, the firesquad-leader's involvement, the misleading darts (darts+Unubore=lolz), the burnt books etc.
Man, even Mitsuura Yasuko did a pretty good job compared to say... Koyuki :fight: (kinda cruel that they casted Mitsuura to play this role though, lol).
Was a well-written episode overall, one of the best so far. (Oh, and Unubore-papa hinted at the start that there'll be 2 more episodes, so a big YAY to that!)

Looks like they finally dished out the Rakugo part! :dance: Wished it'd lasted longer...

And I CAN'T WAIT to see next ep's guest! Miss collarbone, Ishida <s>Hikari</s> Yuriko! :wub: :w00t:
Last edited by chokubi on Sep 11th, '10, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.

saayan

Post by saayan » Sep 8th, '10, 22:41

Yeah, it was a solid episode overall. Lots of laughs plus depth too.
Oh god, Unubore on fire. XD Great stuff. The nod to rakugo was so awesome, too. I also got a kick out of Rie's violin playing and Saeki's rooftop whiteboard (his drawings were so cute).

The moment Rie offered to go buy toppings for somen, I gasped. Aww poor Saeki. :-( At least from what's shown in the previews, seems like he'll have Unubore to comfort him. lol

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Sep 13th, '10, 16:22

Ba-da-da-da
ba-da-da
ba-da-da
pa-pa...
ep10 spoilers:
Best and most hilarious Unubore dance sequence so far (sorry, Koizumi Kyoko).
Sadame-chi gets my vote for best co-star after watching this episode.

Best fan service (for guys). Being the last episode with female guest stars, I salute you, Kudokan!
Image Image
(OMG nosebleed. And don't forget the pool scenes too.)

Found this decent audio rip of 白いスーツのテーマ aka "padada dance tune" from episode 2, for those who can't wait to use it as their cellphone ringtones. :mrgreen:

@saayan
His scribblings weren't as funny as the whiteboard finding itself on the rooftop IMO. :lol
And the whiteboard humor continues in episode 10, though very very subtle this time.

saayan

Post by saayan » Sep 13th, '10, 19:51

The dancing just gets better and better! :D
I heard there will be a grand finale dance number starring all of Unubore 5 in the last episode :w00t: Can't wait! :thumright:

I forgot to say thanks so much for the White Suit theme rip! It's exactly what I've been looking for. *goes to make it my ringtone*
@chokubi Ahaha you're right. I laugh at the image of Saeki dragging that board up there before his meeting with Unubore

Only one episode left. T_T I will miss the Unubore 5 so much.

nescafemath

Post by nescafemath » Sep 16th, '10, 02:43

I really like the dancing part of unubore&sadame(dasame =P)... and the hiphop thing...
but why rie come back to saeki-san after she sudden disappear, while with unubore she does not?? :unsure: what did yozo said to her?

saayan

Post by saayan » Sep 17th, '10, 20:58

AHHHHHH THE FINAL EPISODE WAS SO FREAKING GOOD. Just perfect! Unubore Deka has turned out to be the most satisfying drama I've watched in recent years.

I will refrain from writing any spoilers until more people have seen it. This shouldn't be ruined for anybody![/spoiler]

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Sep 19th, '10, 09:25

Those who can't wait for ep11 can listen to the full version of the dancing song in the meantime. :mrgreen:

PS: EP11 is too awesome for words!

nescafemath

Post by nescafemath » Sep 20th, '10, 02:45

the best ending ever!!

kimutaku144

Post by kimutaku144 » Sep 20th, '10, 06:19

nescafemath wrote:I really like the dancing part of unubore&sadame(dasame =P)... and the hiphop thing...
I thought I was weird. I also love the dancing part. Makes me LOL big time. I don't normally enjoy Nagase overacting part, but as Unubore he's great! and also the annoying good looking guys :p Toma-kun.

Can't wait to enjoy the rest of the episodes. I'm glad the ending sounds promising.