Kimura Takuya

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 8th, '10, 23:22

8) well if there is any surfing around Dubai I know Kimura would love to go

Peg

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Aug 8th, '10, 23:31

Peggy wrote:8) well if there is any surfing around Dubai I know Kimura would love to go

Peg
lol, did he mention anything about Dubai anywhere? I at least heard Yamada Ryosuke saying that his dream is to visit Dubai :mrgreen: . I hope Johnny-san will make his dream come true one day, but not to forget to include Kimura with him somehow! lol *A fangirl's dream* xD

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 9th, '10, 04:01

Have not heard him talk about Dubai. Have you seen the SanTaku show where he took Sanma surfing. Lots of protests from Sanma and the sight of him trying to get into a wet suit had Kimura helpless with laughter. Actually Sanma managed to stand up and get one small wave. Then he dumped his board and left for the restaurant just up the beach. when Kimura finally came out of the water he was so disgusted to think the board was left there. So he had to carry both of them back. He was quite cross with Sanma until he had something hot to eat and drink. funny show that time.

Peg

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 9th, '10, 07:55

Peggy wrote:Can't remember which thread I mentioned Kyoto gardens.

I found the link for NHK website but I still can't get the video for the halfhour programme that was entirely on special area in Kyoto with the mansions and beautiful gardens. It just shows a small part along with other things about Kyoto.
If anyone is able to get the show on video I would be so happy to know how you did it. I would love to see it all again. It is not just the gardens. It is about real people in modern history who were able to build their houses and make these gardens. I was impresssed and fascinated how they used water from Lake Biwa and built a canal to transport it through a viaduct. Originally it was for industry but people decided and voted that it should be for a beautiful park. From that they decided again to build lovely houses and gardens.

Peggy.
Ah, we were talking about this in KNG thread. Thanks for further information. I'll keep looking for it.

Also, I'd love to see the Sanma-Kimura clip. Sanma's always hilarious. Do you know the date of the show? (Or maybe a video link??)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Aug 9th, '10, 14:54

arakira wrote: Also, I'd love to see the Sanma-Kimura clip. Sanma's always hilarious. Do you know the date of the show? (Or maybe a video link??)
here is part 1 of the clip on YT

It's indeed omoshiroi Peggy! :mrgreen:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 10th, '10, 03:40

This is one of my favourite SanTaku episodes. It is just natural and funny and there is not much you can do in the surfing world that is artificial.

I also liked the Beyonce one.

Another big favourite for me is when Kimura does the Geisha Fan dance. I know he makes Sanma behave hmself and so he does not go crazy with comedy or laughing. I feel that Kimura must have made him promise to take it seriously. Kimura really gets into character with this. He is quite amazing.

Peg
Last edited by Peggy on Aug 10th, '10, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Aug 10th, '10, 15:28

I was a bit angry though lol because Sanma didn't appreciate Kimura's efforts! xD

The Beyonce one will always be my favorite!!!!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 10th, '10, 19:28

Lonliah,

Did you know that Kimura complained that the crew were ogling him as if he were a woman?? he said this is just what women hate about men. He put his hands down to shield himself as in a football shootout if you notice. Funny.... but he was quite in character as Beyonce. he is really so good at taking on a situation.

Peg

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Aug 10th, '10, 20:09

Peg,

LOL, I didn't know about that!

Peggy

Kimura

Post by Peggy » Aug 14th, '10, 01:39

Lonliah

I just sent you a PM but I am not sure it went through.as it does not appear as sent on my box. When you have time please let me know as I want to send you a link which you may not have and I know you would like it.

Peg

MisS Lonliah

Re: Kimura

Post by MisS Lonliah » Aug 16th, '10, 01:27

Peggy wrote:Lonliah

I just sent you a PM but I am not sure it went through.as it does not appear as sent on my box. When you have time please let me know as I want to send you a link which you may not have and I know you would like it.

Peg
I replied to your PM already, but let me thank you here again! Thanks a lot, Peggy! I liked it indeed! :-)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Aug 16th, '10, 01:58

Guys, you might have watched/read about what happened in the latest MUSIC STATION episode.. people were complaining that SMAP looked emotionless when the others were talking. Also, many 2ch'ers were upset about Kimura's attitude towards Aiba's story.. And others were happy & satisfied enough to see SMAP, TOKIO, and Arashi, performing all on the same day.

Anyway, here are some caps:

Iris Zephyr

Post by Iris Zephyr » Aug 16th, '10, 04:23

Thanks so much for the caps! :D

Also following the Music Station theme, Funky Monkey Babys posted a blog entry involving Kimura-san. Apparently, Kimura-san noticed one of the members having trouble with his throat during the Music Station backstage rehearsals, so he gave him some medicine. Kato-san (the Funky Monkey Babys' member) was touched by his gesture.

Here's the link: http://ameblo.jp/fmb-blog/entry-10618966666.html

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Aug 16th, '10, 05:04

Thanks for the updates! & thanks for sharing the link with us! That was so nice from Kimura! ^^

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 16th, '10, 11:40

Lonliah, belated thanks for the link to the sanma clip.

As for the Music Station appearance, well I thought Aiba's story was a bit...So Kimura might just have wanted to end it or maybe turning his head like that was meant to be funny? In the end I thought they were just tired.

I was more shocked by Fukuyama, he made such a bored face throughout their talk...and what's with his looks hardly recognized the guy??

Peg, that blog-entry is soo cute, especially how he calls him niisan ;)

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Aug 16th, '10, 15:43

Those who said that probably are fans of other groups and haven't seen SMAP on Music Station before. That appearance was very normal of SMAP when they appear on the shows that they're not hosting. They normally won't talk unless someone asks them question or engage them in the conversation or when they feel they need to. They were just being their usual aloof self when they don't think they have to carry a show. There are plenty of other big name guests in that episode so they don't see a need to be energetic and trying to steal some spotlight. But you can see them paying attention to everyone else. They won't whisper to each other or laughing among themselves when other groups were talking. Nakai and Kimura are always like that and the other three have learned from their two tops.

That's how Kimura normally look when he's giving full attention to someone. He always look at that person in the eyes. Aiba couldn't stand to be looked at by Kimura so he turned away and ended the conversation before Kimura said anything. Kimura actually looked confused to me as if he was thinking "are you crazy? :mrgreen: " and he turned to Shingo for a comment after Aiba turned away. Later in the show you can see Kimura whispered "manga yomu?" to Aiba, teasing him on that weird ghost story he told.
Having seen Kimura actually gave the real "glare of death" to ShinTsuyo when they didn't behave, the way he look at Aiba was totally different and not cold at all. (He hardly does that to his Goro-chan :P) And if you look past Kimura, Shingo and Tsuyoshi were smiling almost all the time in this episode.

All SMAP fans I know are confused with this complaint because we didn't see any tension or unusual behavior from SMAP at all. I only feel the tension between Kimura and Fukuyama. Both didn't look at nor talk to each other even though they sat next to one another. Fukuyama also looked very emotionless during SMAP section and vice versa. Watching this episode made me realize the rivalry between them runs a lot deeper that I thought.

Lately, people are trying to pit SMAP against Arashi. So I believe the complaint is just the case of you see what you want to see. They want to believe SMAP hates Arashi so they picked on this trivial manners that didn't seem unusual at all to SMAP fans :roll

Also, many Arashi fans expect to see Nakai-Ohno kind of interaction in Utaban, so I guess many of them were disappointed. But I never ever expect it to happen during this Music Station. Leader-of-SMAP Nakai is very different from Utaban-host Nakai. And if Ohno ever dares to treat Nakai like what he did in Utaban, we will see the real glare of death from Kimura and SMAP will probably even openly scold Ohno on air for real. No one treat their leader like that in front of them. I guess that's why Nakai stayed as far away from Arashi as possible all through the show except at the beginning. He probably didn't want THAT to happen but he knows it will happen so he just cut himself off entirely to be safe. In an episode of utaban with SMAP as the guests. Tsuyoshi jokingly called Kimura "Omae" and Kimura gave him the glare of death, walked toward him (Nakai had to come in between), and said "don't do Arashi's Ohno's pattern" before brushed it off with a laugh as if he was also joking. But that makes me believe Kimura doesn't really approve of what Ohno did to Nakai.

PS: Many SMAP fans don't like how Ohno treat Nakai. In their eyes, that was rude and not as funny or as epic as Arashi fans believe.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 16th, '10, 16:21

nnnc thanks for your explanations. I totally agree on the Aiba-Kimura part. :D

as for Fukuyama-Kimura, what kind of rivalry do they have? Is it like about music or acting or who is the obasan's and neechan's favourite? :lol

as for Ohno-Nakai. I found their 'battles' funny in the beginning but grew a bit tired of them cause it's just repetetive. (lmao when he calls him Nakai-chan though) Still i don't think Ohno would do this if Nakai wouldn't like the jokes in his show. I mean normally these guys always seem well-behaved and respectful towards their seniors, right? Does he do it outside of Utaban and variety shows, too?

btw, i'm not a fan of any group, just like watching some of their shows and always interested in some backround information from someone who knows more about them.

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Aug 16th, '10, 17:14

arakira wrote:nnnc thanks for your explanations. I totally agree on the Aiba-Kimura part. :D

as for Fukuyama-Kimura, what kind of rivalry do they have? Is it like about music or acting or who is the obasan's and neechan's favourite? :lol
That An-An poll on Japan's most favorite men has played a big part in the rivalry. Kimura always got #1 in the poll with Fukuyama at #2 for almost 15 years. So Kimura fans and Fukuyama fans are very competitive against each other. Because of the poll, the media also often pit them against each other for all these years. With this kind of atmosphere going on for more than a decade, it probably affected Kimura and Fukuyama's behavior in Music Station somehow. They're unsure how to react around each other so they ended up keeping quiet.

No matter what kind of rivalry they have, I'm still a big fan of both :wub:

as for Ohno-Nakai. I found their 'battles' funny in the beginning but grew a bit tired of them cause it's just repetetive. (lmao when he calls him Nakai-chan though) Still i don't think Ohno would do this if Nakai wouldn't like the jokes in his show. I mean normally these guys always seem well-behaved and respectful towards their seniors, right? Does he do it outside of Utaban and variety shows, too?
Oh I also think Nakai actually had a hand in "creating" this battle himself. For him, that's just an on-going skit in a variety show when he's acting as Utaban-host. But knowing it's a skit may not make one like it more of less. I like Ohno but I personally don't like his appearance in Utaban. I KNOW it's a planned skit but I still don't like to see anyone did that to Nakai when I also know that the real-life Nakai wouldn't let anyone do that to him. I can see Kimura feel that way too. It is well known among SMAP fans that, at one time, all of them jumped out of their car and got in a huge fighting match with some street thugs just because they made fun of SMAP for being an idol group. When they go on variety shows and the host doesn't treat them right, both Nakai and Kimura are not afraid to express their annoyance right then and there. There was a rumor that SMAP refused to appear on Hey!x3 for the last 10 years just because the last time they appeared, the host jokingly hit Kimura in the head. That Nakai will never ever let Ohno gets away with bullying him.

I suspect Nakai thinks Ohno is clueless about how SMAP really operates when they are SMAP and he's not an utaban host. (Honestly, Ohno is pretty adorably clueless in so many things he does :lol) If he's being too friendly with Ohno during Music Station, Ohno may think it's ok and would be very funny to continue their "legenday battle" but Kimura will not like it at all. And Nakai himself will not let anyone bully him or SMAP when he appears as the leader of SMAP. I guess this may explain why Nakai didn't talk even once during Music Station and stayed as far away as possible so he didn't give Ohno a chance to unknowingly cross the line. Don't let his utaban persona fool you, the real Nakai Masahiro is a very deep and serious person.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 16th, '10, 19:56

Thanks again =)

Just, I can't really imagine Arashi or Ohno to be clueless about SMAP's characters and mechanisms. They are sempai-kouhai and they've also been around for more than a decade. But then, I don't know enough about either group to state facts. Anyway, you got me a bit curious about Nakai and the workings of SMAP ;) I've only known him from Utaban and seen drama appearances of each member...think i gotta go and try getting to know SMAP a bit better...

Reikaa

Post by Reikaa » Aug 16th, '10, 22:39

nnnc, you are starting to make me curious about SMAP. Though I think I'll always be a big fan of NEWS hehe...

Well, I didn't see this Music Station episode, I'd like to correct one thing. Ohno barely talks in tv shows and he doesn't have the creativity to say something rude to Nakai, since Taka-san does all the hard work to Ohno. It was even confirmed in one of Utaban's episode in which Nakai asked something to Ohno and he seemed to try so hard to say something rude. But well, it didn't work out at all. Nakai, after that, even asked Taka-san to whisper something to Ohno LOL So yeah, I don't think Ohno would do something like that in Music Station.

I find the fights in Utaban funny, but I'm also getting a little tired of it. I like the best when SMAP are as the guests. They have such a wierd interaction. Maybe I'm just too used to all the member-ai in NEWS xD

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 16th, '10, 22:52

Interesting.... I did not catch any high degree of tension in the Music Station show. However, for what it is worth..SMAP as a group will immediately defend a member if they think anyone is trying to do anything in the least bit rude or negative. They can tease one another in their SMAP shows and have been quite sharp at times with the younger members. But it is all for the greater good of the group and teaching the younger ones how to behave in any given situation. When they were fairly new as a group they were a little scared of Kimura sometimes. He is such a perfectionist and so strict in how to behave and he is not afraid to scold them.
Nakai and Kimura are the two elders. Nakai sometimes was regarded as the leader (still is) and he would be dealing with keeping the members on track as to the performances etc. Kimura was the watchdog who kept them in line. When you realise that Shingo was only ten years old when he was put into SMAP you can see that Kimura at seventeen would be the one to spell out the rules.
Now they are SMAP and grown together as a group and even tho they do other things socially, they are always ready to stand up for one another.
Some time ago Kimura said when questiioned, that he and Shingo were the strong members physically They both have strong upper body. He said that Nakai was the talker and Goro was the intellectual. Kasanagi was the athlete. He also stated that he thought Shingo was a genius. Kimura really looked after Shingo a lot because he was the baby of the group.
I have always thought that SMAP was quite a phenomenum..... Is that how you spell that word? Anyway I have watched them for over fifteen years and seen how they deal with success and they don't seem to get swelled heads. This may be because they keep one another grounded and they all have a background in family.

Re Masaharu and Kimura. they have been at the top of the favourite lists for years and Kimura usually was no.1 I think one year it was Masaharu. Right now he is playing the role of Sakamoto Ryoma in a very popular drama. It is not entirely because of him because the whole cast is truly wonderful. Lots of wellknown and famous actors in this drama. There was a rumour that the role was offered to Kimura but his manager turned it down. Personally I would not have seated them side by side on Music Station.

Well I guess I have posted more than you wanted to know about SMAP...I love them as entertainers and I adore Kimura for all his many talents and his aura in general.

Peggy 8)

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Aug 16th, '10, 23:31

I actually became a SMAP fan mainly because I'm intrigued with how the group operates, especially the importance of the 2TOP for the group.

Just want to clear thing up. I also don't think Ohno would have been rude to Nakai during Music Station. I just guess that it could be the reason why Nakai kept his distance from Arashi. Sometimes Nakai can be thinking too much and overdo things.

Lately he has been calling other SMAP members by their last name with the suffix "san" in their shows when there are other guests. A fan asked him the reason during his radio show and he said it would be impolite as a host to call them otherwise because they are now in their thirties. Also, it would make the guests feel like an outsider if he keeps calling them like he normally does when they're alone. The funny thing is even the guests sometimes call the members with their nickname while Nakai properly calls them with the suffix "san". But he occasionally slipped. There is a time when he used Inagaki-san, Inagaki-kun, Goro-chan, and Goro in one setting :lol

Kimura doesn't seem to agree with Nakai about this suffix thing. Because Kimura still keeps calling him Nakai all the time, no matter whether they have other guests or not. Nakai is now alternating between Kimura-kun and Kimura-san with some occasional slip to just Kimura.

And SMAP in utaban is funny because of that weird interaction. Nakai doesn't seem to know whether he should play the utaban-host role or the SMAP role. It's pretty funny when he formally asked the members about SMAP. Kimura usually assumes the role of SMAP leader whenever they're on utaban but he sometimes slipped too. Like when he got mad at Tsuyoshi and Shingo and started glaring and walking toward them, Nakai then had to discard his role as Utaban host and assume his SMAP leader position to break them up.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Aug 17th, '10, 00:00

Thanks for your interesting input guys! Wow! Peggy, more than 15 years, that's really great!
Last edited by MisS Lonliah on Aug 17th, '10, 00:05, edited 1 time in total.

Reikaa

Post by Reikaa » Aug 17th, '10, 00:03

Wow, I always tought Nakai and KimuTaku didn't really care much about the members, except for Goro xD I feel that way specially towards Nakai, because of what I've seen at his own tv shows. And when he talks about some member it's always about Goro. But they are very serious about their work. Yeah, definitely I'm too used to how everything works in NEWS lol

And WTF Shingo was only 10 years when he joined SMAP?!

Iris Zephyr

Post by Iris Zephyr » Aug 17th, '10, 00:34

Wow, thanks so much for all the interesting information. :D I'm learning more and more about SMAP everyday.

Haha... The 2TOPs are truly amazing. :wub: Their roles as elder brothers and protectors were a lot more apparent when SMAP were younger, but even till this day, the younger three do still look to them for advice and guidance. The amazing thing about Nakai-san and Kimura-san's partnership is that they seem to know just when to take the lead and to step back. If you watch shows where SMAP isn't the host, you'll notice that when Nakai-san looks tired or doesn't seem to be in the mood to talk much, Kimura-san naturally takes over and vice versa. And together, they both lead and protect the other three members as best as they can.

On in-group relationships, I think that it goes something like this:

Tsuyoshi/Shingo - They spent a lot of time together when they were younger because they were the only two in junior high school while the others were in senior high. They consider each other best friends.

Goro/Takuya - They used to share rooms together whenever SMAP went on a trip/concert tour. They both share a lot of common interests, including a fondness for guitar playing. They are very close to each other.

Shingo/Nakai - The both of them have worked very often as partners on variety shows. Shingo trusts Nakai explicitly and Shingo is the one that Nakai has chosen to entrust SMAP to.

Goro/Tsuyoshi - They once used to go out so often together that fans used to speculate that they were dating. :lol Until now, they have an extremely close friendship and share a quiet bond with each other.

Takuya/Shingo - Shingo considers Takuya to be his big brother and Takuya is extremely protective over Shingo. They share many common interests, including a fondness for soccer and the manga One Piece. Takuya also supports Shingo a lot and Shingo treasures the encouragement he gets.

Takuya/Tsuyoshi - They used to have personality clashes, but now both are close to each other. Tsuyoshi admires Takuya a lot and Takuya indulges Tsuyoshi (and teases him) like a little brother.

Nakai/Goro - They are similar to Takuya/Tsuyoshi I think. Both have very opposite personalities, but opposites attract, and they both now share a close friendship.

Nakai/Tsuyoshi - Nakai has a reputation for not going out for drinks, but he is Tsuyoshi's drinking partner. Nakai used to tease Tsuyoshi alot, but now, he is very protective over Tsuyoshi.

Shingo/Goro - Shingo and Goro have an electrifying friendship that just connects them. They are both style-conscious and brand-conscious, and both are very, very fond of each other.

As SMAP - All of them protect and defend each other to the max. They went through a lot of problems together (a near disbandment, a member leaving, a member getting married, two scandals), and they have always stood by each other.

These are all just speculations and observations. :P Just thought to throw out what I thought cause the discussion was really interesting to me and I'm hyper about learning more. :D

Reikaa

Post by Reikaa » Aug 19th, '10, 23:22

Wow, you guys rock with a lot of informations! Thanks.
They seem to have a good relationship. I thought it wasn't like that at all. What about dancing, singing and acting skills? I know Nakai is the worst singer ever (Poor guy, he's a national joke xD) and Goro's the worst dancer.

babyviolet

Post by babyviolet » Aug 20th, '10, 17:13

I want to see the music station, anyone can give me link other than the torrent?

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Aug 21st, '10, 02:14

Reikaa wrote:Wow, you guys rock with a lot of informations! Thanks.
They seem to have a good relationship. I thought it wasn't like that at all. What about dancing, singing and acting skills? I know Nakai is the worst singer ever (Poor guy, he's a national joke xD) and Goro's the worst dancer.
In my opinion (others may not agree), this is how I rank each SMAP members in each categories

Acting: 1. Tsuyoshi > 2. Kimura > 3. Nakai (not in a romantic role), Goro and Shingo are brilliant in few roles but pretty average in some. But out of all five, I feel Goro's comedic acting is surprisingly the best, but he's somewhat under-appreciated.

Singing: 1. Kimura > 2. Shingo >>>> 3. Goro >>> 4. Tsuyoshi >> 5. Nakai

Dancing: 1. Nakai > 2. Kimura >>>> 3. Tsuyoshi > 4. Shingo >>>>>> 5. Goro :mrgreen:

The thing about Nakai's singing is he tends to over exaggerate how bad he is in variety shows, especially in Utaban. But when he really put his mind/effort into singing, it can turn out quite decent (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5hECITnGDM)

If you are used to in-group relationship of younger groups like News, K8, or Arashi, then SMAP's relationship may not seem close. Because they talked a lot about how they fight with each other and how they didn't get along. Back when they were very very young, Nakai had a big fight with Kimura and hit him in the face. The next morning Kimura had to appear on a live TV show with bruised cheek and cut lip. Johnny Kitagawa was reported to be very mad and told them "you can fight, but no more hitting on the face" Nakai and Shingo often talked about how Goro-chan irritated them. But when Goro-chan was suspended, Nakai and Shingo cried and always reminded people in public that "SMAP is five" During Goro's suspension, they refused to record any new single with only the four of them. They turned down invitation to year-end music shows, including Kouhaku because SMAP is five. The only show they went on was FNS because it's on FujiTV, their home-turf, so they could announce live during FNS that they would only come back on stage again when they have 5 members.

Even with all the fighting they kept talking about, but SMAP is perhaps the most touchy-feely group ever in the entire Johnny Jimusho. They hug each other all the time, hold hand, and often kiss a lot (cheek and mouth :mrgreen:) You will rarely see all that during other variety shows though, but there are tons of these in SMAPxSMAP and during concerts. There is not a single episode of SMAPxSMAP without at least a pair of them holding hands, hugging, or doing things worthy of fic-writing :whistling:

Until 2008, Nakai kept saying he didn't know Kimura's phone number and vice versa. When asked, Kimura said they meet each other at least twice a week, all-day, for SMAPxSMAP filming anyway, and Nakai said if he really need to talk to Kimura, he can just ask his manager to dial the number for him anytime. But the way they talked around 2008, it seemed that they now knew each other's phone number. (Kimura threatened to say Nakai's phone number out loud to the audience during one of their concert's MC :D) And Nakai said during filming of Sekai Gyoten News that if he were to be on a plane that's about to crash, the first person he would call is Kimura, not his family.

Reikaa

Post by Reikaa » Aug 22nd, '10, 01:33

Wow, thanks for the response.

I'd never guess Tsuyoshi would be so low in your ranking. I like his voice and Kimura the best, but that's only based of one or another performances I watched.

I understand what you mean by that video about Nakai's singing skills. I mean, their We Are Smap's performance in Music Station on july when Nakai sang, I was pretty impressed since it wasn't bad at all like in others performances I've watched. But it's so hard for me to see if it's playback or not, so I'll never know. I always wondered if he really takes care of his voice, if he has or haven't given up of singing a little better (like going to sing lessons and stuff).

Yeah, I'm pretty much used to the younger groups, that's why I've always thought they weren't very intimate and also, this is based of what Nakai says in his tv shows. From watching the ending of this video he likes to play the mysterious guy, huh? xD

From what all of you have written here the members cherishes SMAP and they give importance for the group. Well, it must not be easy to simply form a group of people who don't know each other to simply work together and pretend to everyone they are having fun and are intimate when they barely know each other.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 22nd, '10, 20:32

I think that the members of SMAP do know one another pretty well. They have been together for twenty years. They have almost lived together at times, and work every day for hours at a time. Their SMAPxSMAP show is just one of their projects. When they do the Bistro section it takes all day and longer at times. Everyone has to be there, and the guests have to be around, and no-one gets to eat much because then the idea of eating so many dishes for the 'contest' would be impossible.
There was a video around some time back when Kimura did an interview in his chef uniform and he was talking about how the Bistro section worked. They were sitting outside in the sunshine while waiting for part of the show to be set up. It is a big operation of course, there are other chefs off screen to be available if something goes wrong. The members are all good cooks themselves and had to learn how to prepare foods properly.
Nakai, Shingo and Tsuyoshi were all drinking buddies and usually ended up at Nakai's place. Goro stays pretty much to himself and has his own private life going. Kimura does not drink often and when he does he makes sure he is in a safe situation. Anyway what time is there for any of them to goof off?? They have to be in good shape to rehearse singing and dancing and dialogues etc. Kimura has twice climbed Mount Fuji for the show..once with Tsuyoshi. Tsu and Shingo traversed a good part of the Great Wall of China with their legs tying them together. A long threelegged walk up and down rough parts of the wall. They have to pay a penalty when they lose at a contest in one of the shows. These were the penalties this time around.
I don't think they get much time off and you can tell they know one another so well when one of them gets tired and another will step up and fill a dance spot or take up a melody line. they work well together.
When they do concerts they will eat together or pair off. Kimura and Goro have been playing some golf during the present concerts tour. I admire the way these five guys fill every minute of every hour of every day.

Peg

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 23rd, '10, 17:57

Kimura variations...

When Kimura is with Sanma I think he is very close to just being himself unless they are in costume doing a skit. For example the geisha video is Kimura at his best doing that fan dance in great sincerity. When they sit and talk he is just happy and funny in the conversation.

Peg

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 6th, '10, 19:03

Nice pic of Kimura san taken a couple years ago.

http://img258.imageshack.us/i/kareipr07011219kl5.jpg/

curlycurls

Post by curlycurls » Sep 15th, '10, 17:41

It amazes me how ppl can take things out of content just watching a music show. That particular ep. of music station was aired on telly n i happen to catch it. There was nothing wrong with the behaviour of KT or the rest of the members. They acted like any artists on a singing show.

As to not getting along among each other that too i find normal. I'm sure even we sometime dont get on with our own siblings but doesnt mean we dont care or love each other. This goes for the lads too.

Just a lil of my thoughts.....

Finally watched their last concert.. 3hrs none stop entertainment no wonder they can still sell out their shows up to date. Curious how tkts sales r doing in shanghai?

miyake426

Post by miyake426 » Sep 18th, '10, 02:06

Hi can anyone please tell me the names of the these series with Kimura Takuya???
I've recently been watching a couple of his series...namely pride, engine, mr brain...he's such a good actor

many thanks :D

curlycurls

Post by curlycurls » Sep 18th, '10, 02:31

miyake426 wrote:Hi can anyone please tell me the names of the these series with Kimura Takuya???
I've recently been watching a couple of his series...namely pride, engine, mr brain...he's such a good actor

many thanks :D
Hi Miyake!

I can give u the english names of these series if you are refering to the YT clips....
#1: One Million stars falling from the sky (Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi)
#2: Engine (which i believe u have watched)
#3: I'm not sure.. too short of a clip, it looks like it was back in the late 90's
#4: Pride
#5 Beautiful Life
#6: Good Luck
#7: Love Generation
#8: Hero (the movie i believe)
#9: Long Vacation

I hope this helps, I'm sure others will come in and give you more info..but in the meantime,
have fun watching all them... There are other of course that arent in there that you may want to watch like his earlier ones... I enjoyed "sleeping forest & gift" which were both in the late 90's then the more current ones "Change" & "Karei naru Ichizoku" which are not love stories. The most recent one he was in "Moon Lovers" is really my least favourite of all his tv series, but you may want to watch that to.

Bless him, he is one fine onscreen kisser.................

miyake426

Post by miyake426 » Sep 18th, '10, 03:29

@curlycurls...wow that was quick! thankyou so much!
Yeah I have also watched Change...he made politics *boring* seem really interesting lol and I'll be watching Karei naru Ichizoku after I finish Engine.

Is that the right order you have up there?
#1..I'm not sure what that one is
#2..the ones where he is wearing the cap, is Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi????
#3..the factory scene..i'm not sure of that one :/
#4..Engine
#5..not sure
#6..Pride (best series ever!! i loved it)
#7..??
#8..Good Luck

and I dont know the rest lol

*edit*
actually, the order you have up there is right. Do you know what the very first clip is???

curlycurls

Post by curlycurls » Sep 18th, '10, 03:36

miyake426 wrote:@curlycurls...wow that was quick! thankyou so much!
Yeah I have also watched Change...he made politics *boring* seem really interesting lol and I'll be watching Karei naru Ichizoku after I finish Engine.

#2..the ones where he is wearing the cap, is Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi????
#4..Engine
#5..not sure
#7..??
#8..Good Luck

*edit*
actually, the order you have up there is right. Do you know what the very first clip is???
Yes, i have posted in order according to the video clip..
#1. Is definitely "One million stars falling from the sky".. Just that he isnt wearing the cap there...
:roll :roll :roll

curlycurls

Post by curlycurls » Sep 18th, '10, 03:42

curlycurls wrote:
miyake426 wrote:@curlycurls...wow that was quick! thankyou so much!

#4..Engine
#5..not sure
#7..??
#8..Good Luck

*edit*
Yes, i have posted in order according to the video clip..
#1. Is definitely "One million stars falling from the sky".. Just that he isnt wearing the cap there...
:roll :roll :roll
oops and the #3.... like i said im not too sure.. trying to recall but it may be from "sleeping forest or Gift" both are from the late 90's!

You have quite a few to catch up on:) have fun.....

miyake426

Post by miyake426 » Sep 18th, '10, 13:34

ohh ok~ no wonder! lol
thanks for your help. I'm planning to watch all his series..no rush

I just watched Kimura Takuya's clips from the ads from GATSBY...they're so cooool!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 18th, '10, 20:26

Edit out

Iris Zephyr

Post by Iris Zephyr » Sep 18th, '10, 21:57

@miyake426

:lol I thought I'd have my try at identifying the dramas, so here's my list:

1. Sora kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi / A Million Stars Falling from the Sky (2002)
- The first three ladies were all from this drama. The bedscene, the kissing with fireworks in the background and another scene, and the kissing scene in the factory.
2. Engine (2005)
3. I'm not very sure, but I agree with curlycurls-san. :D think this might be from Gift (1997) or Nemureru Mori / Sleeping Forest (1998)
4. Pride (2004)
5. Beautiful Life (2000)
6. Good Luck!! (2003)
7. Love Generation (1997)
8. Hero (2001)
- This scene is actually from the Hero Movie (2007) and not the drama. All in all, Hero has a television series, Hero (2001), a special, Hero SP (2006) and a movie.
9. Long Vacation (1996)

Hope that this helps! XD And happy watching!

miyake426

Post by miyake426 » Sep 19th, '10, 01:45

Iris Zephyr wrote:@miyake426

:lol I thought I'd have my try at identifying the dramas, so here's my list:

1. Sora kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi / A Million Stars Falling from the Sky (2002)
- The first three ladies were all from this drama. The bedscene, the kissing with fireworks in the background and another scene, and the kissing scene in the factory.
2. Engine (2005)
3. I'm not very sure, but I agree with curlycurls-san. :D think this might be from Gift (1997) or Nemureru Mori / Sleeping Forest (1998)
4. Pride (2004)
5. Beautiful Life (2000)
6. Good Luck!! (2003)
7. Love Generation (1997)
8. Hero (2001)
- This scene is actually from the Hero Movie (2007) and not the drama. All in all, Hero has a television series, Hero (2001), a special, Hero SP (2006) and a movie.
9. Long Vacation (1996)

Hope that this helps! XD And happy watching!
Oh yes yes...i have watched the series and SP of HERO. I was a little disappointed in the SP because Takako Matsu wasn't in it :(

curlycurls

Post by curlycurls » Sep 19th, '10, 04:00

Help any one know where i can download Hero movie w/ english sub? I managed to download it for free herehttp://www.ceeok.com/cocoa-darri-s-japanese-mo ... 24365.html but the english sub did not show. I also managed to download Love & Honour w/ eng. sub and that one came out really good..

Have you guys seen L&H? Simple story line but it did showcase KT to be a very diverse actor. If you guys havent seen it you should, for a change he's not his goodlooking, cool self.....

miyake426

Post by miyake426 » Sep 19th, '10, 04:31

curlycurls wrote:Help any one know where i can download Hero movie w/ english sub? I managed to download it for free herehttp://www.ceeok.com/cocoa-darri-s-japanese-mo ... 24365.html but the english sub did not show. I also managed to download Love & Honour w/ eng. sub and that one came out really good..

Have you guys seen L&H? Simple story line but it did showcase KT to be a very diverse actor. If you guys havent seen it you should, for a change he's not his goodlooking, cool self.....
I have a copy which is a VCD version, dual language (japanese, cantonese) with english and chinese subtitles. The english is also correct. I can PM you the link if that's what you want ;)

curlycurls

Post by curlycurls » Sep 19th, '10, 04:36

miyake426 wrote:
curlycurls wrote:Help any one know where i can download Hero movie w/ english sub? I managed to download it for free herehttp://www.ceeok.com/cocoa-darri-s-japanese-mo ... 24365.html but the english sub did not show. I also managed to download Love & Honour w/ eng. sub and that one came out really good..

I have a copy which is a VCD version, dual language (japanese, cantonese) with english and chinese subtitles. The english is also correct. I can PM you the link if that's what you want ;)
Yes, that would be lovely!! Thank you so much Miyake! I just got so tired reading all the chinese sub that i would like to switch back to english just incase i missed anything hahaha.

curlycurls

Post by curlycurls » Sep 20th, '10, 03:21

There was a rumour of SMAP concert canceling next month in Shanghai and fans are freaking out! So far its been denied... The start of this talk is due to cancellation of an international event which is to be held in Beijing where the Japanese part of the performance was canceled due to delay in paper work...

Here's the newspaper clip for those who knows how to read Chinese!

http://news.mingpao.com/20100920/gaa5.htm

curlycurls

Post by curlycurls » Sep 20th, '10, 09:46

For the love of God, if only I understood what he's on about on his radio show!! urghhhhhhhhhh
Well, for sure he was talking about this summers concert & Shanghai.. hahah thats all i got:/

actually quite of his WUS radio show is posted but I totally clueless to what he is saying....wish some one could translate it!

Iris Zephyr

Post by Iris Zephyr » Sep 20th, '10, 14:25

Thanks for the updates, curlycurls-san! :D I do hope that things work out though... It'd be pretty disappointing for both SMAP and their fans considering this is the second time this has happened... :cry:

@curlycurls
If you're interested, SmappieSubs Livejournal Community has subbed a couple of What's Up SMAP episodes (some of the earlier ones where Kimura-san talks about his tomato challenge and Tsuki no Koibito). I'm not sure if you've heard about them so... :-) I hope I'm not being too forward and I hope this helps.

Oh, and has anyone seen the new Gatsby WaterWax ad?

Link: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/KFoEYsDHsqc

:wub:

curlycurls

Post by curlycurls » Sep 20th, '10, 14:43

Iris Zephyr wrote:Thanks for the updates, curlycurls-san! :D I do hope that things work out though... It'd be pretty disappointing for both SMAP and their fans considering this is the second time this has happened... :cry:

@curlycurls
Oh, and if you're interested, SmappieSubs Livejournal Community has subbed a couple of What's Up SMAP episodes (some of the earlier ones where Kimura-san talks about his tomato challenge and Tsuki no Koibito). I'm not sure if you've heard about them so... :-) I hope I'm not being too forward and I hope this helps.

Iris, Nah be as opened as you want.. im pretty easy w/ everything... I'm still getting the feel of this place and i dont want to over step my boundaries so I'm a lil careful what i say. I've read some older write up of WUS but no i havent read about the Tomato thing... I've seen the video of that drama and wasnt it Kimura that said that whole thing was kinda stupid??!? hahaa

And thanks for the link of his ad....he's looking as good as ever!

curlycurls

Post by curlycurls » Sep 20th, '10, 14:50

curlycurls wrote:
Iris Zephyr wrote:Thanks for the updates, curlycurls-san! :D I do hope that things work out though... It'd be pretty disappointing for both SMAP and their fans considering this is the second time this has happened... :cry:

@curlycurls
Oh, and if you're interested, SmappieSubs Livejournal Community has subbed a couple of What's Up SMAP episodes (some of the earlier ones where Kimura-san talks about his tomato challenge and Tsuki no Koibito). I'm not sure if you've heard about them so... :-) I hope I'm not being too forward and I hope this helps.

Iris, Nah be as opened as you want.. im pretty easy w/ everything... I'm still getting the feel of this place and i dont want to over step my boundaries so I'm a lil careful what i say. I've read some older write up of WUS but no i havent read about the Tomato thing... I've seen the video of that drama and wasnt it Kimura that said that whole thing was kinda stupid??!? hahaa

And thanks for the link of his ad....he's looking as good as ever!
Just tried to open SmappieSub livejournal but i keep getting access denied..... i see they do have quite a few items posted there i havent read or seen yet... Wonder how i get access? I am registered already.

Iris Zephyr

Post by Iris Zephyr » Sep 21st, '10, 00:45

@curlycurls

Haha! Me too... I'm still wetting my toes :D

That's strange. Just double-checking, but have you joined the community as a member? The last time I joined it was still an open membership so... :unsure:

curlycurls

Post by curlycurls » Sep 21st, '10, 00:58

Iris Zephyr wrote:@curlycurls

Haha! Me too... I'm still wetting my toes :D

That's strange. Just double-checking, but have you joined the community as a member? The last time I joined it was still an open membership so... :unsure:
Got it... Had to request to be added in to the community. Watched one of the WUS last nite, he answered questions to the series Moon lovers.

curlycurls

Post by curlycurls » Sep 24th, '10, 04:44

curlycurls wrote:There was a rumour of SMAP concert canceling next month in Shanghai and fans are freaking out! So far its been denied... The start of this talk is due to cancellation of an international event which is to be held in Beijing where the Japanese part of the performance was canceled due to delay in paper work...

Here's the newspaper clip for those who knows how to read Chinese!

http://news.mingpao.com/20100920/gaa5.htm
This I find on another website..

http://grooveasia.com/news/26697/SMAP-s ... into-doubt

I sincerely hope its still a go ahead!

curlycurls

Post by curlycurls » Sep 24th, '10, 04:59

This is really quite depressing.... How unfortunate for them..
http://mdn.mainichi.jp/arts/news/201009 ... 1000c.html

kamiru-kawaii

Post by kamiru-kawaii » Oct 21st, '10, 15:39

just watched Mr. Brain and Tsuki no Koibito.. ang my god.. i'm inlove with Kimura Takuya!! He's not the typical "beautiful guy".. he's more than that.. he's got this mysterious air around him that makes you wanna look at him more.. in short, he's mesmerizing add the fact that he's a great actor!! <3 i'm planning to watch change, goodluck and pride these coming days!!. ;))

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 21st, '10, 21:56

kamura-kawaii,
Just was reading about how people regarded Kimura when he was in HK doing the photos for his first photobook. They were even coming out of their shops to look at him because he had that wonderful aura about him and he is just a person who glows with presence. This was when he was about in his early twenties. I have that book and it is fabulous.
Needless to say Kimura has never lost his magic and yet everyone who works with him says how down to earth he is. No STAR complexes with Kimura.

I sometimes wish this thread was simply called Takuya Kimura. I dislike the nickname so much
Last edited by Peggy on Oct 22nd, '10, 04:00, edited 1 time in total.

curlycurls

Post by curlycurls » Oct 22nd, '10, 02:46

Peggy wrote:kamura-kawaii,
Just was reading about how people regarded Kimura when he was in KL doing the photos for his first photobook. They were even coming out of their shops to look at him because he had that wonderful aura about him and he is just a person who glows with presence. This was when he was about in his early twenties. I have that book and it is fabulous.
Needless to say Kimura has never lost his magic and yet everyone who works with him says how down to earth he is. No STAR complexes with Kimura.

I sometimes wish this thread was simply called Takuya Kimura. I dislike the nickname so much
I dont get it either w/ his nickname. His name itself just rolls soo smoothly when one says it.. Kimura Takuya....

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 22nd, '10, 04:05

Just edited my post. He did the book in Hong Kong. sorry for typo.

He dislikes the nickname himself. Says he had to get used to it and regards 'KIMUTAKU ' as a different person who is known by that name to people who watch him perform. But he is Takuya Kimura to himself at all other times and he is the real person. The nickname is at a lower level or not on the same level as he is himself. I thought that was very interesting.

curlycurls

Post by curlycurls » Oct 22nd, '10, 04:21

Peggy wrote:Just edited my post. He did the book in Hong Kong. sorry for typo.

He dislikes the nickname himself. Says he had to get used to it and regards 'KIMUTAKU ' as a different person who is known by that name to people who watch him perform. But he is Takuya Kimura to himself at all other times and he is the real person. The nickname is at a lower level or not on the same level as he is himself. I thought that was very interesting.
I thought the photoshoot was taken in my turf.. but i didnt want to question as your info is 99.999999% accurate hahaha. my God he must know my home town pretty well by now as he's been here so many times! Wonder what he thinks of HK & us peeps???

To honest i find it easier to just call him Kimura Tayuka, Tayuka or Kimura rather KimuTaku.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 22nd, '10, 04:54

curlycurls,

wish my typing was as good as my info.....

I try to be accurate as far as info goes. don't like gossip and 'maybe' items.

kamiru-kawaii

Post by kamiru-kawaii » Oct 29th, '10, 13:10

Peggy wrote:kamura-kawaii,
Just was reading about how people regarded Kimura when he was in HK doing the photos for his first photobook. They were even coming out of their shops to look at him because he had that wonderful aura about him and he is just a person who glows with presence. This was when he was about in his early twenties. I have that book and it is fabulous.

a person who glows with presence

--- yep that's Kimura Takuya..

[ XD ]

Post by [ XD ] » Nov 3rd, '10, 16:11

Hi everyone
I've become a BIG FAN of Kimutaku a few months ago.
So does anyone know if there's a new drama of him?
The last thing I heard about was the movie "uchuusenkan yamato"

darji

Post by darji » Nov 3rd, '10, 16:29

[ XD ] wrote:Hi everyone
newest drama ogf him is Tsuki no koibito^^

edit: Hmm are there only females here? I dont think he is cute or so (maybe if i would love men) but i really like his acting. ^^

[ XD ]

Post by [ XD ] » Nov 5th, '10, 12:31

darji wrote:
[ XD ] wrote:Hi everyone
newest drama ogf him is Tsuki no koibito^^

edit: Hmm are there only females here? I dont think he is cute or so (maybe if i would love men) but i really like his acting. ^^
Yup, I watched it already, but have you heard of news regarding new dramas or movies?
Well, I don't think he is cute or something! but I'm a fan of his acting skills and not his looks :)

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Nov 6th, '10, 23:57

Space Battleship Yamato will open in Japanese theatre on December 1.

There is a rumor that he may have a new drama in Winter but noting is confirmed yet. Actually the rumor is at least a SMAP member will have a drama this coming winter. People just made a guess that it will most likely be Kimura because the other members already have something else planned. There was also an old rumor that he will have his next drama with TBS.

[ XD ]

Post by [ XD ] » Nov 7th, '10, 10:40

nnnc wrote:Space Battleship Yamato will open in Japanese theatre on December 1.

There is a rumor that he may have a new drama in Winter but noting is confirmed yet. Actually the rumor is at least a SMAP member will have a drama this coming winter. People just made a guess that it will most likely be Kimura because the other members already have something else planned. There was also an old rumor that he will have his next drama with TBS.
I saw the trailer of the movie, it looks like a children story or somthin!
Oh my!! hope it would be a drama of Kimura then x3
Thanks for the info :-)

Iris Zephyr

Post by Iris Zephyr » Nov 14th, '10, 08:31

Just wanted to wish a HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KIMURA TAKUYA-SAN! :wub:

( :P I'm one day late, but it's never too late for birthday wishes, right? Hehe...)

Just felt like celebrating a little after watching some awesome interviews with Kimura-san from his previous promotions (Mr Brain and Bushi no Ichibun) that SmappieSubs released on the Livejournal Community. :lol

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Nov 14th, '10, 17:00

Iris Zephyr wrote: Just felt like celebrating a little after watching some awesome interviews with Kimura-san from his previous promotions (Mr Brain and Bushi no Ichibun) that SmappieSubs released on the Livejournal Community. :lol
SmappieSubs are AMAZING~ I love their work! :-)

joisuramu

Post by joisuramu » Nov 18th, '10, 20:44

Hi everyone!
Sorry if this post is not much related to previous posts. I want to ask if anyone of you know where to find smap or kimura takuya things in hong kong. I have a friend there right now but he doesnt know where to look. Since there are a lot of captain's fans in hk, im assuming there will be some goods there. Thanks in advance!

[ XD ]

Post by [ XD ] » Nov 20th, '10, 11:00

joisuramu wrote:Hi everyone!
Sorry if this post is not much related to previous posts. I want to ask if anyone of you know where to find smap or kimura takuya things in hong kong. I have a friend there right now but he doesnt know where to look. Since there are a lot of captain's fans in hk, im assuming there will be some goods there. Thanks in advance!
Sorry, I don't know about that, hope someone helps you instead ^^"

AND YES, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIMURA-SAN ~

Minna, did u see the poster of "Space battleship yamato" ?
It was released along time ago, but I've just found out about it and so exited x3
here is a trailer on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIAXTaxj ... r_embedded
and the official website http://yamato-movie.net/top.html

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Nov 20th, '10, 22:04

[quote="[ XD ]
Minna, did u see the poster of "Space battleship yamato" ?
[/quote]

yup :D & the trailer as well. Everything seems promising so I hope that it will be more successful/satisfying than "I Come with the Rain".

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Nov 20th, '10, 22:06

Kimura Takuya parodies the KARA “butt” dance

Top Japanese star Kimura Takuya showed off his dance skills by shaking his hips to the famous KARA “Mister” song.
He recently appeared on TBS’s “Ochano Mizu Hakase” where he parodied the infamous ‘butt’ dance. The star is a huge male icon in Japan, so it’s no passing incident for him to know the “Mister” dance.
Fans of KARA in Korea are reportedly excited that their favorite girl group is achieving such fame in their neighbor country.
The episode will be broadcast on the 30th (KST). source: allkpop

OMG! can't wait!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

[ XD ]

Post by [ XD ] » Nov 22nd, '10, 09:00

MisS Lonliah wrote:Kimura Takuya parodies the KARA “butt” dance

Top Japanese star Kimura Takuya showed off his dance skills by shaking his hips to the famous KARA “Mister” song.
He recently appeared on TBS’s “Ochano Mizu Hakase” where he parodied the infamous ‘butt’ dance. The star is a huge male icon in Japan, so it’s no passing incident for him to know the “Mister” dance.
Fans of KARA in Korea are reportedly excited that their favorite girl group is achieving such fame in their neighbor country.

Do u think it would be available in the net?

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Nov 22nd, '10, 20:28

[ XD ] wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote:Kimura Takuya parodies the KARA “butt” dance

Do u think it would be available in the net?
yeah yeah, I'm sure about that! let's wait for the 30th :D

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 22nd, '10, 21:45

'Battleship Yamato' has already been screened in Chicago and was rated pretty high I think. It is ready to show in Japan.

this is a manga and one that Kimura loved when he was young and he always kept up with reading it. It must have been a blast for him to play a role in this favourite.