Kim Nam Gil

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 7th, '10, 08:36

belva!!
glad to see you found your way here!! Let's keep this thread alive!!

already talked about the interview, ne.Hope you'll find the time and energy to translate more in the future!! Reading his interviews always shows me new facettes of him as a serious actor and a warm and couragious human =)

I finally downloaded Modern Boy. Haven't heard much about it but i hope it will be as good as everything else i watched with him so far.

belva

Post by belva » Aug 8th, '10, 05:48

You guys are most welcome. I'll translate more if I manage to find them in Chinese.

Actually I haven't watch Modern Boy yet =X Heard it's quite a good show but KNG won't be on screen for long. Will watch it later to fill up my deprivation of him.

I've uploaded a vid by ELLE Korea of KNG on Bad Guy open set day. He's such a cutie! :wub: Not that we don't already know.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 8th, '10, 07:18

Belva,

I promised myself an earlier night until I read your post. That is one gorgeous set of clips and photos of Nam Gil. Isn't he great to look at.
I have saved the linkand I hope they stay on youtube. I have no clue how to download from youtube,
Thanks Belva.

Peg

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 9th, '10, 19:25

I have been looking for more news of Nam Gil but so far he is deep in the Army I think. Hope he is OK and getting on well. I think he would be a good comrade in arms even if only training for a desk job.

Peg

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 11th, '10, 10:44

Maybe no news is good news. May he get a quiet desk job and some rest for a while.

I watched Modern Boy, and even though he only has a small role in it, I liked the movie. The 20ies/30ies are one of my favourite settings, i love the costumes, the music and the cars. It was a rather light movie and for a change, I liked the female lead.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 12th, '10, 16:48

Belva postedabout KNG completing his 4 weeks of basic training (and as the leader of his platoon, too - just how much energy and charisma do you have, Namgilnim??)

He looks fantastic, all smiles and tanned in those pics!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 13th, '10, 00:07

Sigh....He's still marvellous even in uniform. Maybe moreso.

Peg

belva

Post by belva » Aug 14th, '10, 12:22

Hello dears!
Yes he's looking even better with the tan and uniform. Did you guys see this vid of the army award presentation? his voice just melts my heart!

And he's got a new official site that was up for a short while but it will be closed until Aug 20 due to the several problems they found like capacity of server, speed, language etc. The admins are also trying to make it more friendly for non-Koreans so we can easily navigate and register.

Here are some other updates translated by cityyoung from Soompi forums:
Several training camp colleagues of KNG posted stories of KNG on DC KNG Gallery.
I would like to share it with guys.
Please excuse my poor English translation.

1. KNG is very gentle and nice man. He seems like a big brother for us. I had a chance to eat with him at the same table. I love beef dish. He gave up a half of his beef dish for me because he knows that I love that dish.

2. You guys can't imagine how KNG loves and misses his fans. Sometimes he stayed up all night to read fan letters depend on dim light from a little lantern. (In the military camp the light must be turned off after 10 O'clock and everybody should go to bed.)

3. KNG is very humble and friendly person. He's not like a movie star, but like a big brother. He loves play and laugh with his colleagues. Last 3 days before we are back home, he had to autograph for his colleagues util midnight everyday.

4. KNG is in charge of his platoon as a captain. He is very responsible man. He is the role-model for us during the traing period.

And I also love to share the latest news of KNG with guys.

1. KNG received the award given to the best trainees from the training camp.
2. KNG would be assigned his job today, but KNG fans don't have the detail information yet.
KNG fans found unconfirmed news from twitter. Some people saw him in Gan-Nam town hall(in Seoul)and he might have office work.
He's such a good camp mate! Not that we expect anything less. <3

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 15th, '10, 02:58

Belva

Those photos were marvellous. I tried to save some to my Pictures file but they just disappeared and I could not find them. Why would that happen I wonder. He looked so rested and his face is glowing. Now he will be able to do a quieter job and settle down for a couple of years. I imagine they will eventually have him doing som publicity for the military and I think he would be a good one to do that.

thanks again for the link.

Peg

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Aug 18th, '10, 10:04

a KNG thread newbie :-)

The tan looks brilliant on him - he looks really healthy and happy, and that makes me a happy fan :)

i also have teeth envy Mine are stained from endless cups of black coffee, so i envy his ridiculously white smile :lol

belva

Post by belva » Aug 19th, '10, 08:56

Peggy,
I'm not sure why you are having problems saving the pics, I uploaded them using imageshack. You might want to try opening the image in a new tab/window before saving it, or rename the file when saving. Hope that helps.
Yes, publicity for the military is one good idea considering he's such a responsible and honorable man. His good looks and white pearlies help too ^^

ParisianSkies,
You are not the only one having teeth envy! I'm so gonna have my teeth whiten sooner or later. Why isn't he endorsing a dental company? =X

Did you guys check out his new AD HOC shoot? They are awesome as always. But this dark vampy theme showed another image of him :wub:
http://community.livejournal.com/kim_nam_gil/6156.html

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 19th, '10, 10:05

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! (not kyaa!!) Belva, you just made me lick all the dust off my screen ;)

Even though I think those clothes, especially the pants and belts in the first 3 pics are terrible, he makes them seem alright to me. He's such a sexy aura in those pics, I honestly almost had a heart attack.

These pics are just 'wow!' I even love the guyliner on him!! (belva,I hope you don't mind me reposting some of those pics here)

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Aug 19th, '10, 13:06

:wub: I had to remind myself to breathe.

Life threatening swooning is the effect KNG has on me- none of this "kyaaa" business for him! :lol

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 23rd, '10, 08:14

The official website is still not open. It will be better if they take their time and get it right and perfect I think. I am looking forward to seeing a good site for him.

Peg

koreanmv8

Post by koreanmv8 » Aug 23rd, '10, 08:34

I love Queen Seon dook

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 23rd, '10, 09:00

Peg, how's you love? Let's hope they'll manage a perfect second start, ne! In the meanwhile, folks in the lj-community posted floods of pics and vids. The behind the scenes clips from Bad Guy are sooo entertaining :lol. Seeing him and Jaewook goof of on the set still makes my day(s)

aility

Post by aility » Aug 23rd, '10, 12:08

I thought those pictures from his last shot was very nice (understatement).

Now I am off for 3 weeks! Ethlenn is back next week! :cheers:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 23rd, '10, 12:19

ailiy dear!! I've been missing you for a while already :cry:

Good Luck with your work and enjoy Korea's men and Japan's food... or was it the other way around?!? Hehe. You know how much I wish you could just hide me in your suitcase, don't you?? We could go hunting together...:twisted: and I wouldn't miind if you left me there to take a handsome guy back with you instead :lol
Have fun and take care!! :cheers:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 24th, '10, 02:39

Hi arakira,
I am fine but missing Kim Nam Gil so much. Cannot find very much about him altho I have seen some mouth watering photos. He is so special.

There must be something soon about where he is and what he is doing.

Peg

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 24th, '10, 13:10

Dear Peg, I think we'll have some dreary 2 years ahead of us. There won't be much as long as he's in the military. Well at least Ethlenn will be back soon and she'll be able to provide us with the latest news - if there are any.

I keep taking him in small doses, haven't watched of his older dramas yet and i feel i can keep rewatching Lovers Vanished and Miindo whenever I feel deprived without ever getting bored. He's left us with lots of fine performances and a very good feel about him as an actor and as a public person. And even if the wait seems unbearable I still feel it'll do him good and he'll come back as an even stronger actor. I love his pics and clips but I'm not a fangirl and staring at pics doesn't do it for me and I'm not one to praise and go kyaaa ;) I just wanna watch him act =) He's georgeous and his pics make me wanna lick my screen but seeing him act does the trick, he leaves me speechless in admiration and the way he makes me feel with his characters is very special.

I read what you wrote in the princess thread and I feel the same. But it's the place where I met the crazy unnis and so I keep adding my 2 cents, even if i got nothing nice to say. It used to be fun to make jokes and nag but I don't have much of an interest in the person himself anymore.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 25th, '10, 03:29

arakira,
I received some email with lots of video of Kim Nam Gil and Kim Jae Wook. Also with some of the offset stuff. He is so funny and they seemed to get along so well. these are youtube videos. His reactions when he had to do kissing scenes are such fun. He makes them laugh but as soon as they have to repeat the scene he is right there and not a smile. I think he likes kissing the ladies however, and they have to laugh at him after.

He is just a charmer.

Peg

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 25th, '10, 06:23

Yeah, those are the clips I was talking about before =)

The most adorable goof he is :wub: I also love this pics and clips where he's with children or doing charity work. He looks so natural like he's really in his element. Somehow, this guy's too good to be true ;)

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Aug 25th, '10, 08:18

I do enjoy the clips of him pre and post kiss scene. He has to psyche himself out before each kiss, bless him :lol

I'm trying to make Bad Guy last for as long as possible. Unfortunately, im hooked on it and putting it off isnt working! Looks like i'm going to be working my way through KNG's back catalouge... :mrgreen:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 26th, '10, 18:33

Forgot to mention the clips of him and Kim Jae Wook called 'Bromancing'.. they are both goofing off. KJW is teasing Nam Gil when they are setting up for a scene where he is supposed to hit Nam Gil. It is so funny. I think these two guys really have a good rapport and good friends and it isuch fun to watch them when they are rehearsing or getting ready. Then for the actual shoot they are all business.

Peg

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Aug 27th, '10, 08:13

Oh dear. just finished Bad guy and i need to ask questions/ have a minor rant:
The ending could have been worse, under the circumstances. wasn't the greatest ending and didnt really do the series justice, but it worked. but someone, please tell me - what the heck was with the 2 episode stint where KNG was mentally insane? and then all of a sudden wasn't? :blink i sat there thinking "youwhaaa?" Was there any point to that at all? Honestly, KNG acting insane just made me laugh :lol

Its a shame about KNG enlistment because the drama really started to dissapoint me in the last few episodes because of the rush. Pity it had to happen to such an enjoyable drama.
Rant over :D

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 27th, '10, 12:39

ParisianSkies wrote:Oh dear. just finished Bad guy and i need to ask questions/ have a minor rant:
The ending could have been worse, under the circumstances. wasn't the greatest ending and didnt really do the series justice, but it worked. but someone, please tell me - what the heck was with the 2 episode stint where KNG was mentally insane? and then all of a sudden wasn't? :blink i sat there thinking "youwhaaa?" Was there any point to that at all? Honestly, KNG acting insane just made me laugh :lol

Its a shame about KNG enlistment because the drama really started to dissapoint me in the last few episodes because of the rush. Pity it had to happen to such an enjoyable drama.
Rant over :D
I agree with you, wasn't great but worked is exactly how i felt about it...
I wouldn't have liked a happy end but I didn't really like the way he died and how it ended with the messages and quotes and stuff. Somehow I wanted to see the evil woman suffer more and i wanted a real face-off... All in all, the last eps did probably really suffer from the cut and lack of time.

The whole insane thing seemed a bit out of the line and forced to me, too. I guess after he heard that the period of limitation for murder is 15 years he had to gamble and at least make the evil step-mom responsible for the murder attempt on him. He might have needed to look vulnerable... and i have to admit i liked how he played with Jae In's hair =)

In the end I did enjoy the drama, but that's purely for KNG's, Oh Yun Soo's and Jaewook's performances. :roll

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Aug 27th, '10, 13:46

Yeah, i realised afterwards that he needed to make Madam Shin liable for a more recent crime, so the insanity makes SOME form of sense to the plot... but it felt like less of a valid plot point, and more the directors thinking "ohcrap we dont have enough filming time with KNG lets shove him in an asylum for 2 episodes". i also didnt see him as crazy, i just thought he looked adorable :lol

The drama was really enjoyable up until episode 15 though :-)

aaah Jaewook :wub: Loved him in Bad Guy, LOVED him in Antique Bakery. Going to watch Coffee Prince at some point too (and will probably love him in that also :P )

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 27th, '10, 16:27

OK, ladies, I'm back, first thread to watch and... I'm disappointed. 2 pages? TWO pages??
And no "kyaa", please... He's no kyaa persona.

Give me 24 hours and I will dig out as much as I can, and since I'm not with my sick family now, I can translate some, yes, I didn't do it during those 3 weeks, forgive me. Now I will be better.
Oh, how I missed you all! And I see we have some new faces here^^

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 27th, '10, 16:47

WELCOME BACK SENSEI!!

Nice to have you around again.You've been missed a lot!! Not only in KNG thread (kyaa? who kyaa-ed here? :cussing: )

Hope you're ok with being back in society after your weeks of seclusion. :D See you on msn?! :alcoholic:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 27th, '10, 17:06

Yup, I will be here every day as before, almost 24/7. And I'm really focused now, I found my next goal in life, so... yessss, I will be here. I'm always comfortable with you all, Arakira^^ More than with my own family^^

My mom loved Miindo MV, btw. Especially the soundtrack. So I'm making subtitles for her. Soon, she will join our KNG cult followers, hehe.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 27th, '10, 17:26

That's great news! ! All of it ;) Hehe how could you not love everything about Miindo?!? Maybe I should show it to my mum, too... It might change her view about my addiction ;)
Last time she caught me watching something Asian was when I watched Kanikosen...and ofc she did not like it :lol

I just found your NNK essay... I see you were productive :rofl: :rofl: I'll give it a try

Edit: just stumbled over a ton of KNG in the military pics

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 27th, '10, 18:54

Ye, I was productive, I wrote QSD Who Is Who short layout. Will post it in a moment.

He's too skinny, I know he has to stay like this for his own sake, but one kilo or two may not be that bad, but as for KNG, it's all up to Him. I know how every kilo can damage the health.

Anyway, I need to catch up with many things, also with my "scientifical" life, so next few days will be divided between DA and you, and tons of stuff that need to be done.

belva

Post by belva » Aug 27th, '10, 19:38

Hi all!

I see Ethlenn is back! Though I've never met you in this thread but your blog is love ^^
Can't wait for the stuff that you will be translating, but do take your time, like arakira, I'll start to take him in small doses.

I'm actually surprised that there are so much new information and stuff popping out here and there even when he is suppose to be out of the media? I shall slowly savour every bit of it for the 2 years ahead.

Yes, KNG is no kyaa persona, I can go kyaa-ing over all the pretty boys but that last for only erm 2sec? ok make it 5. haha. I enjoy his acting, his professionalism more than anything else about him. The rest are just bonuses which made me fall deeper like his big bright heart <3

And Bad Guy... I love all the BTS too! Of course his interaction with Kim Jae Wook is my favorite. I need them in another project! Also I really need to find time to rewatch Bad guy with withs2 subs...

And here's a new vid I uploaded from The Class 2010 fall making:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 27th, '10, 20:03

I never kyaaa-ed over him.

I'm glad you like it, I will be from now on (ije buto^^) more active on it^^. At least that's what I hope for, cause my plans don't look that good. But I will find a moment or even two for such wonderful human being, don't worry...
PS. my dongsaeng voted for KNG in my stead for the past 3 weeks, sometimes from 3 different computers a day, hehe^^

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 27th, '10, 20:17

Nope,never kyaa-ed but I went "----" and "wow-ed" and "sighed" and "licked my screen" :lol

I agree with you Ethlenn, I also wouldn't mind seeing him a bit more well-nourished but that's up to him and he's not a person we need to worry about in this respect...like *cough*

As for the vote...I still can't believe how many people voted for the gumiho guy...I really don't get what people see in him. I got so annoyed with his fish-eyed expressions that I dropped his drama already *hides*

Ah Ethlenn take your time catching up with things and sorting out your mail etc. I'll be around but anyway I got distracted by Japanese stuff again... :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 28th, '10, 08:02

Fish-eyes... I thought only our woody has them, but this is spreading like a disease...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 28th, '10, 09:32

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, I decided to open my vault a bit^^

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 29th, '10, 17:55

Thank you Ethlenn for allowing us visions from the vault.

Peg

PS Not really sure what is 'kyaaaaahing'...but all I can say at the sight of Nam Gil

is Be still my heart. If that is the non approved action then so be it.

Peg

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 29th, '10, 18:07

This is the only thing that should be said. This is the only thing that can be said before the heart explodes.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 30th, '10, 10:37

Maybe not too new, but I haven't sen them, so I posted them you may say they're around the corner.
:mrgreen:

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Aug 31st, '10, 08:29

aah, i love that Bad Guy still with KNG on the bridge! One of my favorite scenes from Bad Guy, not sure why. Its just visually beautiful :)

I agree, no idea why they're voting for the Gumiho guy over KNG. He could out-act the gumiho guy with minimal efforts :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 08:38

Ahahahahaaa!! As if he wanted! He never touched a drama even close to the amount of nonsense like Gumiho Girlfriend. Because joking is one thing, and stupidity is another.
Even putting them together in one post is an insult. And not for LSK.

But visually Bad Guy (drama, not the guy this time) is beautiful.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 31st, '10, 09:04

LOL The thought of having KNG in that drama makes me shake with laughter. It's just such a wrong picture in my head...But I'd love to see him go all out in a comedy, though not too silly please ;). Maybe something with an adult theme or something with bitter sarcastic humor.

Ethlenn, those pics were nice, belleva posted them @ lj. There was also a video clip somewhere. Was nice to see him adapt so well. And I love his tan :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 09:10

I don't, I even hate it, but it's only my opinion, well.

He could do great in a comedy, whenever his character has funny moments I literally fall from chair (or roll on the floor, depends wher I'm watching), like in Miindo. Or in drama Lovers (yeah, there weren't many of that moments, but his face in the scene with that flower shirt was priceless, ahahahaaa!!).

Yesterday he was featured in Good Morning in a section "before and now", when they talked about change in appearance of stars. I cut it, in a moment will post it.

belva

Post by belva » Aug 31st, '10, 14:08

lols. I remember that flower shirt scene from lovers! It had me rofl.
I would love to see him in a comedy too, and I believe as long as KNG is the one who picked the project, it should be worth the watch... so I've got no worries for over the top silliness ^^

Thanks Ethlenn for the cut from good morning show. Such a drastic change from his image in BG, still I love the "before and after" all the same <3

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 14:46

In one hour I will post an interview after his visit in Japan in April (in time of filming of Bad Guy). Plus, I found another pic of this famous "army certificate" ceremony, mehehe.
I had somewhere his short interview about his stress over making kiss scenes in the past and how he is now relaxed, heh. But I forgot where I put it among my million and one bookmarks.
Last edited by Ethlenn on Aug 31st, '10, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 16:56

Aaand two interviews are up! First one is funny, the second one sometimes funny, but in overall quite serious. Namgil-nim is serous about his volunteer work.

Ara: liiink, please^^

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 31st, '10, 17:17

Twas posted at lj-community. People there are providing loads of pics, stills and clips:

Also thanks for the interview translation!! He really has my utmost respect.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 17:36

Thank you, thank you. I saw it on some Korean website, but stupid me clicked big, bad X before bookmarking. I don't like stills if they're not official, cause it's against the principle so called Occam's razor.
Stupid from me as it may be, I know.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 31st, '10, 17:55

Hehe I did have to deal with Ockams principle in physics and economics... but for me i don't tend to care about it in daily life. Cause then most people wouldn't have anything to do, internet would be a pretty empty space, most dramas would never have been born and i woud have much less to drool over :lol
But i think i can understand where you're coming from cause sometimes i also wish for a filter...
Last edited by arakira on Aug 31st, '10, 18:06, edited 1 time in total.

belva

Post by belva » Aug 31st, '10, 17:55

Thank you Ethlenn for the translations! Love how he mention about charity work when asked for a message to his fans. And I've got tons of bkmarks too that it made searching for the right content hard. I need to get some bkmark cleanup time. But 80% of what's bkmarked is on KNG or Korean dramas/movies. =S

Also would you mind if I post your translated content over at the LJ community? Or do you prefer if I post a link to the post of your blog? I would love to share this amazing guy with everyone <3

I'm really glad to see clips of him in the army, he seems to get along well with the people there and seeing him as a leader and all just melts my heart ♥

Ahh... I came across Occam's razor once under some cognitive module that I took, but really, I can't even remember what's it about =X

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 18:02

Post it wherever you want, I don't really care.
I'm not like those abnormal fans that put a watermarks everywhere and cry for a using backlinks an all. I work in scientific department, so maybe just add my nick, and that's all of copyright I need. When my new translation will be out, do the same without asking.

Nah, to be honest I'm not even a proper fan. I'm not excited seeing his new pics or video, I can sleep peacefully without him in my dreams, I won't die if I don't see another footage from his fanmeeting. I just do my share of worship. Simple.
My relationship with this man is very complicated.

Occam's razor is my principle in life, that is why, despite having over 4 thousands pics of KNG and 5 thousands of JJY, I barely have fanmade stills.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 31st, '10, 18:17

Hm I see. But who/what defines fan anyway? I hardly have any pics stored on my hd, I don't watch many clips and hardly any fan-made... and I might loose touch with my fandoms for weeks but I still dare call myself a fan :lol
As for principles I don't have any scientific principles when it comes to my private issues but lately i wish i did ;) When i used to work essays and stuff at uni i used to follow scientific standards very closely but somehow i can't transfer those to my personal life ;)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 18:43

I don't know what defines a fan, really. If fluffiness, I fail badly. If amount of hearts written - I fail. I don't watch fanmade videos too, and I don't know why. I have CDs with my stuff neatly sorted out by date, so I don't keep it on HD either (you know, space for dramas). I don't even like a term "fan". Fan is close to fangirls, and this group of people I despise.

I would lost touch with scientific principles if it weren't for my job and life.
Oh, funny thing, they didn't accept my essay for publishing because of what? They couldn't find a person to read it and write an opinion. Lazy idiots. This way my conference paper was wasted. A small blow on my head, but I will try to find another way of publishing it.
The more you read about ethics and logic, the more you want to incorporate in your life. I'm trying to lead an unmoved life. Reaching for a goal, not caring what other people think, writing here with you. Simple as it is.

belva

Post by belva » Aug 31st, '10, 19:17

Aww I'm really glad to be able to meet you ladies. I don't get the watermark thing too, seriously. And I don't watch fan made clips unless it's for say an alternate ending or bromance story (lol). But I'm guilty of getting excited and storing pictures and clips, but interviews does it more. I feel warm and fuzzy and many times inspired after reading about him. So I really gotta thank you Ethlenn for the translations. And I hope you find a way to publish your paper.

Btw what field are you ladies in? I'm a biomed student who's still striving to get a diploma and here I am hearing about science from uni grads and publishing of papers in a KNG thread! Feels like a knock on my head to wake myself up (from Kdrama land) in order to get back to my books T__T

Also talking about JJY, I don't even have his pics or watch his vids, only when I stumble upon an interview or information on him will I read it. I don't know if I'm really a fan but I admire him and anticipate his movies a lot. I seriously can't wait to watch Moss and hope for many more works from him. I will watch anything as long as this actor is in it <3

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 31st, '10, 19:39

I did a lot of research on ethics and logic but I failed badly at applying them for myself. My brain's a messy anarchist, and I haven't found a cure yet ;) I think I'm a bit bipolar, I do things excessively but i tend to loose interest very fast. Guess that's why i went from natural sciences to religious studies :lol and now I'll start working for a marketing agency :lol

belva, I'm also glad you found your way here, and I'm grateful for all your work with the lj-community. This section @ da is the first place online where i started to feel all cosy n comfy, like a second home. And the reason is the people here who are mostly sensible and open to reason. No matter how you worship/admire/love... this is a place to come and share your thoughts without any need to think twice about the what you write in wich way.

I also have many actors who i don't really follow but who i admire and whose works i'll watch whenever i get the opportunity :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 19:42

Biomed, well, that's a nice one. Are you from Europe maybe?

There isn't that much on JJY on the net either. It's really hard to find an interview. I cut and posted what I could on my blog.
He will be as a cameo in September's "Quiz King", you know? A hilarious role, as I saw it.

Plus, you can use any text, any video from my blog if you want, no problem.

Aww, ara, you found a job? Great!
I second what you wrote, every word. This place started to be my second home, that is why when I was away for 3 weeks, I thought I would go crazy. OK, I didn't, but my reason kept telling me that I will see you all again. We are all strong, not easily swayed or influenced ladies (read: b*tches from Tartar), with huge tolerance for other opinions and low tolerance for stupidity.
I think I need to write something. Gotta go.
Love!

Where's Peggy??

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 31st, '10, 19:50

All I know is that the word 'fan' comes from the word'fanatic'. I am not a fanatic and
therefore am not a fan. I dislike the word and the derivation very much.

I prefer to call myself an 'admirer' or even an 'enthusiast' and occasionally a 'critic'

I confess to totally being an admiring non-critical idiot when it coms to Takuya Kimura.

I am pretty sure that my admiration for Kim Nam Gil is on that path.

However, in both cases I am not blindly wallowing in adoration, even tho I say many times 'I adore Kimura' I can still see where a drama is not good or where the character does not ring true. I just know that Kimura is the most talented performer, entertainer ..and person who admires his fellow performers. I no longer even twitch when I read hater thoughts on the various sites. I just know they don't know what they are talking about.
Kim Nam Gil is a very special human being. I think he has been well brought up and has absorbed something solid from his family life prior to entering the acting world. I hope this will keep him steady no matter what the future brings to him.

Peggy

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 31st, '10, 19:56

Just realised that my last post sounds as thought I am giving references for these two
guys for jobs job they are seeking. :roll

Peg

Peg has been away hunting through mounds of boxes for a particular file which is hiding. Driving me crazy. Can't find it. Need it.......... :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 31st, '10, 19:58

Peggy wrote:All I know is that the word 'fan' comes from the word'fanatic'. I am not a fanatic and
therefore am not a fan. I dislike the word and the derivation very much.
Oh!! I didn't know that, even though it's kinda obvious and I do feel a bit stupid now ;) Thanks for enlightening me, Peggy. I think I'll follow your example and stop using the word fan. Admirer sounds way better :D

Also I agree with you on the way he seems to have a enjoyed a good upbringing and to be rooted firmly in this heritage, like he has been taught all about the values and virtues one needs to have to move well in society. Truly he is somebody i do admire for how he presents himself

BTW, do you and Ethlenn have some telepathic connection? She calls for you and you appear like the hero with the magic powers ;) Hope you'll find what you're looking for, equally fast :-)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 20:06

Aww, Peggy!
If so, I'm not a fan, and I'm not a blind admirer. I could slant SBS (and you know what? They sent me another email with asking about opinion on Girfriend Gumiho. Why?? What have I possibly done in my previous life to suffer like this??!!) on his behalf like I did, I could start a war with Seoul Drama committee, but if his drama is bad (yes, love, Bad Guy is your weakest drama), I say it's bad. If he looks like a clown/sleazy b*tch, I will say it.
Wonder if I ever have the opportunity.
One thing, thanks to him I'm how I am now. Ever since 2006 (yes, my personal memory^^). If he comes to play, I can go to war with Kim Jong Il, but I don't think I'm a fan...
And like Peggy, bad opinions and haters' words don't affect me anymore. But stupid: "I love him" irritates me as a mosquito.

Ah, Ara, you should know, great minds think alike^^ :whistling:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 31st, '10, 20:16

They asked for your opinion on what?!? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Please do tell them :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 20:24

I'm still wondering, hehe. I wrote them a message, I told you about it, and I was sure that this was the end of our relations. But now they want me to "monitor" this crappy drama!
Maybe I should? I should.
But why I am such a target of their subterfuges??

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 31st, '10, 20:32

subterfuges?! Haha whenever I read the word somehow I'm reminded of Mishil =)

I think it shows they respect your opinions. Seems you've left a positive impression with someone there. Why don't you ask them to pay for your expertise :lol Wouldn't be bad to be able to tell them what's good or bad about their productions, maybe it'll get to the right persons some time in the future hehe Ethlenn you might just save SBS ;)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 20:39

If SBS stays with the same narrow-minded people who run TV and their official website, I don't think so...

But considering KNG did 3 (Bad Guy, Terroir, Lovers) dramas for SBS, there might be more in the future, hehe.
Yes, subterfuges and Mishil... I read somewhere that people started to feel sorry toward her. I don't. I seriously hate her.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 31st, '10, 20:42

Well they must want to hear more from you for some reason.
since you obviously were being critical maybe they liked your approach. Now they want more because they don't really pay attention to the 'fangirly' (YUCK) stuff.

If you are interested and want to do it then go ahead. If not say no..but..offer something you really want to tell them.......................

Dangle the carrot and you will find out more.

Peg

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 20:58

Hehe. I wasn't critical, no, no. I was Rage incarnated. I was Fast and Furious.
But they liked, I guess. They have also new Guerilla, an application by which you can chat online with some people, also they invite celebrities to write some. Eh... something like msn. But since I don't like apes, monkeys and guerillas alike, I'm not so sure, hehe. That is why I don't like fangirls.

Thanks for the support and advice^^

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 1st, '10, 20:43

Was it arakira who asked about telepathy?

I don't know about that. However, I must say that I regard Ethlenn as being one of those large white clouds sailing under an endless deep blue sky. Searching all the time for an anchor that will lead to a safe haven with another soul. At the moment I think she has found a mooring which may or may not be permanent. It all depends on the decisions being made one by one. Even clouds can't soar forever, but they can certainly huff and puff and cause sincere and strong sensations to anyone watching the journey. It's all very interesting.

I was a cloud myself once. the journey was all things. Happy, horrible. hilarious and finally enriching to the point of being momentarily satisfied. The road goes ever on.

Peg

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 1st, '10, 22:47

Well, thank you, Peggy.
I'm a cloud that will disappear without anyone noticing it. I'm mature enough to know that and not to believe the words like "forever", "always".
It's true I found a mooring, not too sure I want to find an anchor. I want to be a cloud that will float above and bring a bit of shade to those who need it. And I want to become a rain over the land that needs it. This is my way of disappearing.

Oh, Peggy...

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 1st, '10, 23:47

Nothing ever disappears.

Things change and become hidden or more expansive and always transmitting and receiving.

That's life babe.

Peg

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 2nd, '10, 11:46

But what if... what if we're nothing but flesh and bones? What if we end up like Little Mermaid (the true one, from Andersen's tale, not stoopid Disney), what if we're stuck in a vicious circle of paid and unpaid debts for life(s)?

I think I need to change my departments. Spending my time with Religious Studies, Philosophy and Anthropology freaks won't do me any good... yess...
I gotta read some Dumas novel to cheer me up, yesss...

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 2nd, '10, 18:50

Ah well..I don't believe in vicious circles. Things come around and go around but it's not vicious. Sometimes it's not even a circle. Think of it as free will to step aside and take a look outside the usual grind.
I truly believe that it's all in the mind and we have a life to find out what to do with what we have. Not as difficult as we seem to make it. Not simplifying or trivialising honestly..but I think we make our own road bumps. They don't need to exist most of the time. We can only use time to do what we want to do and what we enjoy. We don't have to stay on the circle. Be like Saturn and hop on another circle of dust. It's all brilliant if we accept. Only rule for me is to try not to hurt anyone with my own desires. Now that can be a road bump to pass more carefully.

Life really is what you make it and it gets easier once you accept the moment you have.
?Paid and unpaid debts? Do you mean in the mind or in the pocket? One you deal with by weeding out the ones that can not be changed and the other is to pay the bill ASAP.

Can't stay any longer. Have to watch US Open tennis. Yay NADAL! ! ! ! !

Pardon my cheerfulness...I found the file I lost.

Peggy

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 2nd, '10, 18:59

Ethlenn,

I think you are right and you are into very deep and heavy curricula

What to do...Well just for relaxing you may be surprised at oil painting. Or that chemical paint. what is it called. anyway, you will find yourself totally released if you once get involved. Time passes just like it does on the internet. Therefore you have to plan some free time.

I always found it intense at the time but very uplifting and spirit free afterwards.

You don't have to save or frame anything. Just paint over it most of the time. I was sometime surprised, but never kept anything. Other people took canvasses away and I have no idea where they are now.

Peg

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 2nd, '10, 19:30

I draw by pencil.
Or, I used to draw, somehow the chain of events has dried me up and devoured all my pleasure taken from it. But still, it relaxes me from time to time. I like to create something. It's kind of demiurge power that humanity always wanted. To create, to make something out of the tinies pieces.

I relax by writing stories, by watching movies I know all too well, by reading books I read hundreds times.
Right now I may be happy in JKS thread, but I'm real in this thread. JKS thread doesn't deserve anything deep. I'm still socked how we managed to get over 220 pages. And we started with Issy when the thread had 10 pages in January.
I have few clouds that don't want to disperse, clouds that are mocking me, I'm in the middle of a river but the water becames oily and dense. It will pass, it will. I just need to get ahold of myself more.
I had in mind unpaid and paid debts in general, not as the financial issues. I hate myself in this mood, so I will be back when I feel better. It's all because my research path getting more complicated and thorny.

And dramas are not helping since the new ones are so unbearably stupid, shallow and horrible!
Anyway, I'm not onna stop slanting acting Furnitures! Ever!! :whistling:

belva

Post by belva » Sep 2nd, '10, 19:41

Wow you ladies are so philosophical, poetic and with a great sense of humor. I enjoy reading this thread but I know I won't be able to keep up.

All I know about life is to give with love and receive with gratitude, is about fully experiencing the here and now. I'm an extreme optimist, I rarely worry about things and I live by Goethe’s couplets: “Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it! Boldness has genius, magic, and power in it.”

Since fan comes from fanatic I'm not one either. Admirer is indeed a better word. But I do understand the 'fangirling' thing. I've been there and done that and in my experience it is very shallow, nothing to be proud of. I'm glad I grew out of the fangirl thing, where I start to respect and appreciate the actors themselves, their profession, their ideals. (Gotta give props to Kubozuka Yosuke for this...)

And religious study? That's one interesting topic but I'm an atheist and although I respect other's religion and understand the need for them but I'm not sure if I will be too critical when it comes to studying them. And I'm unfortunately losing interest in biomed, more of the med part as I still have great interest in bio or well, science itself.
Btw Ethleen I'm from Singapore and I hope things work out for your research!
Are you all from Europe?

I can totally see how this is a 2nd home to all of you, and I'm really glad to be part of this little family ^^