Jang Geun Suk !!

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 9th, '10, 23:39

Ah ! oui ma cherie
C'est une memoire tres distant. Francaise n'est pas le language que je t'aime.... :-(

Peg

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 9th, '10, 23:48

Ethlenn,
My goodness you really worked hard with all those recipes. It has made me want to start real cooking all over again. Well....I'll think about that tomorrow...
My gourmet days are long gone and without my man to please I wish I could just take a pill which would satisfy my slight hunger.

Don't you think we could find another subject for some 'poems' ?
Nothing like a little light verse or maybe ribald rhymes?

Peg

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 10th, '10, 06:23

Good/Bad news everyone!

It seems Keun Suk accepted the role for "Mary stayed out all night"

Dramabeans article here.

I have to say, as much as I'm hating this, the hippie idea sounds hilarious. Not necessarily good, but hilarious nonetheless. Would have preferred metal though.

I hope the lady accepts the role and brings some prestige to this. If she accepts, I guess it means it won't be just another shoujo. I hope. She seems serious enough.

Btw, Ethlenn, the potato post is awesome. Ahaha. Thank you for honoring our "works" and Team Potato like that. :D
Last edited by Orion1986 on Sep 10th, '10, 06:56, edited 1 time in total.

krynn

Post by krynn » Sep 10th, '10, 06:54

Oh he's a hippie now? Great! Wow and he'll be living a sort of bohemian lifestyle. That's something new! Hmm, one wonders, though what his outfits would be? Hahaha! But I like this new drama. It's really something different...

Peggy and Ethlenn, I love the French language. It's so elegant and nice to hear. Too bad I can't speak it. I can only speak Spanish, and not even fluently. Haha!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 10th, '10, 06:58

Hey, as long as he doesn't have guyliner on, we're ok. XD

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 10th, '10, 07:10

Hmmm, maybe he won't, but if he's a hippie, he'll be all... peaceful right? Like laid back, and not uptight? Hmmm, has he done that?

Quite looking forward to it. Hahahaha!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 10th, '10, 07:14

Baby and Me? The most recent I can remember. He was pretty lazy and useless there. Ahahaha. :P

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 10th, '10, 07:17

But he wasn't really hippie like there. Hahahahaha.

I wonder how he'll portray the hippie look. HAHAHA.

I've missed him. I really have.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 10th, '10, 09:07

Peggy, me too, I don't quite like French too. I just like Rimbaud works, so I learned.
We should find another topic for rhyming.
Krynn, hmm, maybe French is elegant, but for me modern French guys sound like sissies. Sowwy.

OK, about this news. I have few questions:
1. No designers clothes??? I mean, will he ever recover from that shock?
2. No make-up. But there are plenty of possibilities to put the make-up, still. Like, hmm, those who saw Millionaire's First Love know what I'm talking about. Maybe he will find a way?
3. Hippie? Indie music? Damn, this will insult so many great Korean indie bands... I'd prefer metal.
4. I forgot...

OK, so another musical role for him. Good.
he has pain from his childhood that he tries not to show on the outside, and I found him very human and appealing.
OK, another pain from the childhood. If they include a dead dog, I will pass out, seriously. So that means he will still be "stiff" character, cold and unapproachable? Or maybe over-stupid and laid back?
He found this character appealing?
That's even worse.

But let's hope for something watchable if Moon Geun Young accepts it.

Maybe this will be an indie image?

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Sep 10th, '10, 10:24

Oh my christ.

What was the boy thinking when he chose to wear that? :blink i do hope he was drunk at the time of choosing...

admittedly, i am happy that we shall see him on our screens again soon. a chance to redeem himself perhaps? (or a chance to ruin himself further. i guess we'll see :) )

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 10th, '10, 14:31

What a pretty lady... *facepalm*

I'm trying to remember the "pain from his childhood" but I don't remember it in the manhwa. I'll go through it again, just in case.
Please let it not be yet more issues with a mother or a father or a dog. Can't they find an original childhood trauma?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 10th, '10, 14:41

Those pics I called: "Here comes ahjumma!".
But...
I have to finally take a look at the manhwa...

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Sep 10th, '10, 15:34

Aish... another musical role?

JGS, just release an album and get over it already! :x

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 10th, '10, 15:46

Aw, daryn, wuv, were you avoiding us?? :alcoholic: :dance:

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Sep 10th, '10, 15:50

Wahahahaha... Was I?

I was.... err... busy. :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 10th, '10, 16:12

And we were posting here like rabid... ee... mad.
Nothing to be overdelighted though...

Hope you're fine!

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Sep 10th, '10, 16:36

No worries! I'm still the healthy, live and kicking (silent threads reader) fangirl!

I only surface when needed to. ^^

So I guess in few more months this thread will be filled with more .... err .... <s>rabid</s> passionate posts than ever.

Heh-heh.

MiiutaChan

Post by MiiutaChan » Sep 10th, '10, 16:55

Ah oppa, I relly,relly wanted some other role, but this seems interesting too and I relly want Moon Geun Young with oppa, she is a good actrice and her skills are great!

And can wait for the movie, can someone tell me when it will be realised?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 10th, '10, 19:43

The movie hasn't even begun filming yet so we have no idea. Unless you mean the drama, which begins airing in November. At least that's the goal.

As for the series, oppa better get his act together and get serious otherwise we'll keep seeing him in music rom-coms till he gets too old for them...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 10th, '10, 19:49

There is nothing like "too old oppa". Scream and shout...
BTW, sing along if you like:
Yeah
All right
Oh yeah
Oh, come on boys

Your lights seem nothing like sparkles
You look like you're toast

Put you hands up in the air
Treat me like a host

I wonder if you're ready
But I can't hear you breathe
My nerves are not quite steady
But you will only see that

I want more
(I want more)
So give it all
(Give it all)

Scream
Scream and shout
Lose your minds
Let it out

Take me higher
Higher, higher
Scream and shout

Coats are smaller in this asylum
I can see what's on your minds
Looking for some truth
Is what you really want to find

'Cause we are pure escapists
Yes times are getting tough
We just want to rock and roll
We can't get enough

I want more
(I want more)
So give it all
(Give it all)

Scream
Scream and shout
Lose your minds
Let it out

Take me higher
Higher, higher
Scream and shout

You see that from the front row
We are shapes of things to come
You're handcuffed to your seat
And there is no place left to run

Your brains are in our power
We ponder as we feed
A healthy dose of metal
And that's all you'll ever need

I want more
(I want more)
So give it all
(Give it all)

Shout to the car
(Shout to the car)
I want it all, yeah

Scream
Scream and shout
Lose your minds
Let it out

Scream
Scream and shout
Lose your minds
Let it out
Out, out

krynn

Post by krynn » Sep 11th, '10, 08:49

OMG! I just saw the purple outfit and what the heck was he thinking?! And with that scarf, too! I hope he paired the jeans and shoes (I kinda like them, but not too tight please) with just a simple black shirt. Aaaah!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 11th, '10, 10:54

Meanwhile, Lee Seung Ki won the Netizen's Popularity Award. :rofl: Oh man. Ok, see, I get the "charm".
He's not plastic-handsome or charming. He looks more like the "normal dude" than most kactors/idols of his age.

But this makes things even crazier. I mean, you kyaa and kyaa over surgery ridden men with huge abs one day and then want pansies the next.
Then, you don't want pansies anymore and like guys that look normal. Well, what a fine way to betray all the people who work their asses off to please you.

You fangirl like crazy over a trend and force so many idols to change themselves so radically to please you and then you go and change your minds.
I'm sorry, but that's just cruel. That's selfish and cruel. What these people say move an entire industry. Maaaybe they should be more careful about what they ask for.

Which is why I find netizens and fangirls in Asia just so twisted and pathetic. There I go. I said it. Might bring me Hell, but I have to say it. Asian fangirls are sick!
They ask for crazy things and when they get them, said things are already old and they want something new. They play their idols like puppets and don't care about them.

And look, I'm not saying it's not the idols' fault as well. It is, cause they listen to the fangirls and let them control their image. But some don't have a choice.
Of course, our Gaysha is still without excuse. Let's not forget about him now. He's the exception to the whole thing. Has the talent to be good and chooses to be a puppet.

Let's see what happens with this "Mary stayed out all night to be a slut and go from one husband to the other in one of the weirdest plots I've heard for a modern day drama"
Last edited by Orion1986 on Sep 11th, '10, 10:58, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 11th, '10, 10:58

I'm on my way to upload the ceremony here.

Yes, you're right, netizens are scary. It looks like they have nothing better to do.
I'm not sure about this drama. Plot doesn't sound plausible and nice for me.
Call me an old biased lady, but it doesn't look all "serious" as the Princess hoped for.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 11th, '10, 11:06

I spend all my time in my home, by my computer or watching TV. When I do go out, it's to go to school and use the computers there to mostly escape boring classes through Facebook.
I don't have a life either. I'm the very definition of a near-hikikomori and I mostly have nothing serious or useful to do.Do you see me making up weird trends and begging idols to follow them?

Heck, unless asking them to be normal human beings is a selfish request or could be considered begging for a trend. I hadn't realized being normal and healthy is a "style". My bad my bad.

As for the drama, well, we need to take a look at what is "serious" by the Gaysha's standards. I mean, I bet Itaewon was for him a really heavy and twisted mystery thriller that'd shock people.
It was ok, but hardly an intense and heavy thriller. More like a trial documentary. It's not exactly "The Chaser" now, is it? But I bet he thinks it was a really serious work that couldn't be topped.
Heck, I bet even Tae Kyung had amazing depth for him. XD Cause he had mommy issues. I no longer trust his words on what's awesome and what's not. The man finds disco ball dresses awesome...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 11th, '10, 14:31

That's it, I call it quit.
Interview, not translated by me, with some incoherencies, but you get the picture.
Jang Geun-seok: The prince of charms

On the afternoon of September 5, the "2010 Jang Geun-seok Asia Tour The Last in Seoul" took place in Korea. But there is a need to ride yourself of the prejudice that 'all fan meetings are the same'. In front of the fans from various countries in Asia including Korea, Japan, China and Taiwan, Jang Geun-seok, who appeared dressed like Steve Jobs with his black turtleneck and jeans, gave a fancy prensentation on himself for over 40 minutes. From how he was crowned the first boy to win a contest in 1995 picking the prettiest child in the country, to how he remains stubborn about "not getting a six pack on the abs despite continued demand for it", to his pride in being able to say with his very own lips that he used to be a 'fresh handsome boy' during his teens, Jang's unique eloquence in speaking had a charm about it which was not boring to listen to even for the viewer who is not a fan. The moment where he confesses, "My hair will get messed up if I put on this mask but I did it. [Raises voice] And it was for you!" shows the pinnacle of his showmanship.

The reason that he can even make his show off lines such as "Many people say 'Jang Geun-seok's cute abs' but I'm only interested in having an S-line" or "The streets of Hong Kong have been blocked several times because of me" not sound annoying is because he knows in what light people see him as well as it also being his talent to be able to continuously makes jokes out of those remarks. It indeed was a fan meeting 'of, by and for Jang Geun-seok'. It is a Jang Geun-seok-ness which cannot be felt unless you have not been there.

Reporter : Choi Ji-Eun five@
Photographer : Lee Jin-hyuk eleven@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@, Jang Kyung-Jin three@
<9426>
And about "Mary stayed out all night to gain even more fame and popularity":
"Mary Stayed Out All Night" is a co-production between South Korea and Japan.
A girl who has not dated for a long time meets a death metal group vocal (change of plans: indie) and begins a relationship with him. But a perfect man interferes in their relationship and this drama shows their lively love triangle."

That means... oh boy...

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 11th, '10, 14:47

:O imagine sitting there listening for whole 40 mins on how/why "i, JKS am the prettiest and fairest of all" is this talent or what? :|

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 11th, '10, 15:06

Oh God, that's just too conceited on so many levels!!!

Well hon, you'll get your wish. You'll eventually have a "career" of, by and only for Jang Keun Suk. Since you're so happy loving yourself, I hope you two will be very happy together. You deserve each other.
I hope you enjoy joking about betraying people's trust and ignoring their disapproval and may you always flaunt your S-line to your heart's content. Since pretty soon, your heart will be the only thing content about it.

As you can see, I changed my avy and sig set as well. They'll remain vacant until I find someone I admire as much as I did him, but who is worth my admiration.
If he'll ever get that spot again, it's aaall up to him. I'd love nothing more than to host his pictures once more and dye my hair blue. Don't have much hope though.
Last edited by Orion1986 on Sep 11th, '10, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 11th, '10, 15:14

:lol :lol :lol
@orion, loooove your ava dear
edit: and your sigi too
Last edited by Issy on Sep 11th, '10, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 11th, '10, 15:14

Thanks, love. It was time. :thumbdown:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 11th, '10, 15:23

Oh, Orion, if I knew it would hit so hard... well, I would post it anyway.

But this article just... I mean... Is there any lower low you can hit?

Love your ava and sigi^^

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 11th, '10, 15:24

Orion1986 wrote:Thanks, love. It was time. :thumbdown:

it's time to confess. :mrgreen:
i just clicked goodbye to my JKS pictures file. despite my all recent disappointment, i still had it here on my laptop. i think i need that space now.
errrrr
i think there is a backed up file on my hdd somewhere though :mrgreen: i think i'll it there for now until i really needed that space. but all the pictures in that file are from time that he was hot, cute and admairable. :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 11th, '10, 15:29

I'm keeping everything I have. If a miracle does happen, I need to have these things as a reminder of just how awesome he'd be to go from what IT is now to a proper actor.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 11th, '10, 15:30

Hmm... so you lingered longer. I just removed everything around May and those hideous Shanghai pics (long earrings, you know). Now, mu HD is just full of manly men.
That wasn't too difficult then, my computer knew it better and crashed in March...

And no, I don't have any back-up files. And I don't intend to go back to JKS ay time in the future. No matter what he does.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 11th, '10, 15:32

Then you'll be a happy woman. I'll be sad over the "what could be" for a very long time. And to think I was so happy to find him again in December...

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 11th, '10, 22:46

"I'm so pretty, why don't you sit there, listening to me tell you all about it for at least 40 minutes. I could go on forever though, but that's all the time they gave me, hmph"

Hay, arrogant fool.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 11th, '10, 22:57

Jana, love, I think you should focus on your Min Ho and not hope for the Gaysha anymore. This last article made me almost give up. Actually, I think the "love" just vanished with that paragraph...
No thanks. By now, I admire The Dead Carp and The Table more. At least The Table tries and both him and The Carp seem normal enough. This narcisissy can just love herself all she wants.

Personally, Jana, I'm moving on and I hope you'll do the same if his next work doesn't show improvement in at least his acting.

So, I'm going on! To a place with hot korean men who can act or at least acknowledge they can't!
I've seen it with my own eyes,
how we're getting otherwise,
without the luxury of leaving. (leaving)

The touch and feeling of free,
is untangible technically,
is something you got to believe in. (believe in)

Connect the cause and effect,
one foot in front of the next,
this is the start of a journey. (journey)

And my mind is already gone,
and though there are other unknowns,
somehow this doesn't concern me. (concern me)

And you can stand right there if you want,

but I'm going on.
And I'm prepared to go it alone.
I'm going on.
To a place in the sun that's nice and warm.
I'm going on.

And I'm sure they'll have a place for you too.
Ohhh hooo oooo

Anyone that needs what they want,
and doesn't want what they need,
I want nothing to do with. (to do with)

And to do what I want
and to do what I please,
is first on my to-do list. (to-do list)

But every once in a while,
I think about her smile,
one of the few things I do miss. (do miss)

But baby I've got to go,
baby I've got to know,
baby I've got to prove it. (prove it)

And I'll see you when you get there,

but I'm going on.
And I'm prepared to go it alone.
I'm going on.
May my love lift you up to the place you belong.
I'm going on.

And I promise I'll be waiting for you.

Freedome is () me,
Still I try I never know what to do.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 11th, '10, 23:13

And yes, I'm a mean, bitter, old hag that can't forgive that kind of behavior.
Joking on it? If you, Princess, say something, then take the responsibility and do not take your words into jokes, because YOU will turn into a joke.
If you haven't already.

Jana, focus on Minho, cause his latest photoshoots show him as some stylish and normal guy.

I'm taking my toys.

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 11th, '10, 23:27

Haaaaaaaaay, this is such disappointing news. I'm completely disappointed at this. I mean he just sat there talking about how pretty he is... Even if he did it as a joke... it's still for 40 minutes. I mean this man needs a lesson in humility. He really does.

Wow, I'm actually kind of really sad about it. Just like that time when Robert Downey Jr got all caught up in drugs and everyone was going, don't support the habit, don't support the man. I was like, I really shouldn't support him anymore... but I can't stop with RDJ... And I didn't. And I'm glad I didn't because he came back, and he was awesome some more.

The only difference is... with JKS... it's disappointing so much more, because no one seems to be telling him the error of his ways. There's no admiration in me... just pity and complete and utter wish that he'd... well grow up. Compassion, yes. Admiration, well it just flew out the window. I don't know if I have the energy either. I'm young, but the disappointment came so fast, I didn't even have the time to stop myself from going... eyuck. I don't know if I can still support him.

(I'm not comparing what JKS did as if it's as big as doing drugs and stuff, just an example)

I know I've asked this before but what the heck is an S-line?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 11th, '10, 23:36

S line is basically an expression to describe the shape of the figure.
JKS forgot to add: a woman's figure.

"In Korea, we use this word, “S Line”, to describe women’s slim figure. It’s Konglish*.
(* Konglish: using English words or words derived from English words in a Korean context)"

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/bi ... 66605.html

* M-line (abdominals, for men)
* S-line (breasts and buttocks, viewed from the side)
* U-line (exposed lower back)
* V-line (one for face, and another for the line in-between breasts)
* W-line (breasts)
* X-line (long legs and arms, with a narrow waist)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 11th, '10, 23:54

Well, if he likes his S-line, he can just enjoy getting hit on by all the gay men with bad taste and confused fangirls. I'm moving on to men who know their sex.

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 12th, '10, 01:00

I'm on hold.

Until JKS grows up, I'll be cheering for KHJ because even though he can't act, at least he doesn't seem like an arrogant freak who wants to show an S-line
S-LINE?! S-FREAKING-LINE?!?!?!?!? What the heck is wrong with you man?! IF YOU WANT TO BE A GIRL THEN JUST ADMIT IT ALREADY?!!!!! YOU ARROGANT FOOLISH WOMAN WANNABE! GRAAAAAH.
But I still believe the fool is me.
Because I'm still hoping...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 12th, '10, 01:07

Ahahaha! Love your signature, hon! :rofl:

Should I make one as well? With The Table and The Dead Carp? Ahahaha!
I'm all out of hope though. I give up. I'll just stop caring for now and find me some proper men.

He can't be a man and he doesn't take his work seriously anymore, if he ever did.
I can forgive a bad actor who is serious, but not a good one if he spits on his talents.

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 12th, '10, 01:29

YESH!

Hahahha I actually got that idea from you. With one post that you said, and I thought, meh I want to change my sig now too... but to what? To whom? I mean I could just put LMH, but it has to be witty as yours is. THEREFORE I decided I'll put a picture of the OTHER Korean I'm silently cheering on. MR. TABLE this is for you! Hehehehehe

I just can't look at that picture now. Knowing that he said all of those things... and was showing off an S-Line that by design and purpose (HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE A MAN), he had no right to be showing off.

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Sep 12th, '10, 16:40

haha! i had a good laugh at all the changed signatures :L

Im glad he was never in my sig/avatar. too much effort to change it. He just keeps on dissapointing, and now hes just coming across as arragont and famewhoring. If you want the fame lovey, use your talent and not your "s-line" to get there. The method you use to climb the ladder of "fame" will determine how long you stay at the top.

krynn

Post by krynn » Sep 12th, '10, 17:03

Omu omu! Orion you really crack me up! Love the new avatar. Hahaha!

Yes, even though I would like to remain positive and think that he'll get over this "beautiful" phase, I'm really disappointed about the interview and don't know how to continue becoming positive! he's so conceited and vain! And why do you want an s-line?! Are you gay?! Aaargh!

And check this out: http://www.allkpop.com/2010/09/jang-geu ... -attention

OMG! even the fangirls are reacting negatively! Hahaha! That says a lot!

krynn

Post by krynn » Sep 12th, '10, 17:09

The method you use to climb the ladder of "fame" will determine how long you stay at the top.[quote]

EXACTLY! Aaaaah! I wanna scream at him! Instead of using his newfound fame to become a more serious actor, he becomes drunk in his HTK image--but a more gay one! Aaaah! He's really frustrating me!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 12th, '10, 17:47

Well, such a man is never gonna realize or act upon his potential. Let him enjoy his S-line and pansy-ness until people get bored of him, which will happen pretty soon if he keeps this up.
At least he's young and he can go study and do something else with his life. Cause his "actor's" career is not going to be a long one if he keeps being so self-absorbed and narcissistic.
ParisianSkies wrote:The method you use to climb the ladder of "fame" will determine how long you stay at the top.
True true words. Exactly as you say. People might forgive a lot and fangirls, especially, may be sheep, but pull someone's chain for too long and they'll start hitting you with it. Even his fangirls will grow tired soon.

P.S: Yes, saw that article as well. Heck. Took em long enough to realize something is effin' wrong with him and his "style". Do you only now realize it's not just a phase?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 12th, '10, 19:43

I say: let him undergo the surgery. Keunsuk, dear, you won't have to pretend to be a woman. You will become a real woman. Now you look and act more feminine than me and a bunch of my friends, so let your inner woman free. Career? Oh, dear, there are plenty of possibilities for gender confused people. You can make a world tour (you know, a world is a little bit wider than 4 Asian countries, unbelievable? I know, but trust me on this one, the big, scary world is a bit bigger) and talk for 8 hours (like Fidel Castro) about the pain of you being forced to look and act like a boy sometimes. You can say funny stories about you being crowned the Princess of the Universe (Freddie, and the rest of The Queen, forgive me), you can show your perfectly shaped S-line, ah, why am I so short-imaginationed? Even your V-line!!
You showed S-line and U-line already. S standing for Stupid, and U standing for Unbearably stupid.

Thank you, Keunsuk, because of you, I can appreciate true men more.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 12th, '10, 20:18

My feelings exactly. Honestly, thank you. Thank you for showing me how low a celebrity can stoop and making me appreciate the real admirable ones better.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 12th, '10, 21:57

ok, i did not know where to post this but as it has something to do with JKS, it might as well here.
as i said in other thread, i am watching Tamra the Island and really loving it (being totally fluff and cute) and i kept thinking that i have seen the main guy Im Ju Hwan some where. considering this is the first time i see this actor in any drama, i have to say, i am queit impressed by his acting in Tamra. not to mention that he is cute and adorable. :mrgreen:
in anyways, doesn't IJH reminds you of JKS? :whistling:

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 12th, '10, 22:03

@Issy, didn't he play the brother of that girl in Doremifasolatido? The one with the cat? And wasn't he also in Crazy for Waiting?

I miss normal JKS.

I'm saddened by this turn of events.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 12th, '10, 22:07

Nope, he wasn't. He has only 3 movies: Frozen Flower, Arang and the last I forgot (sowwy).
To me, he looks more like Jo In Sung though...

Don't be sad, love! You're cheering The Table, Minho is normal, so...

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 12th, '10, 22:14

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Orion you made my day! Hope you are ok though. Please don't give in to your disappointed destructive feelings and make a table/carp siggy. Please, do think about me poor little eyes, too. I got shocked enough with jana's but well i can still look to the right. :mrgreen:

Issy, dunno, i don't really see any similarity but he has an interesting face. How old is that boy? Looks like 16 or so.

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 12th, '10, 22:15

Hm, he just seemed to so familiar. *shrugs*

And I know, I've got Min Ho to look forward to, and the Table seems to be doing good. But I feel like... like I just found out Ryan Reynolds eats babies for a daily meal and Johnny Depp just told the whole world he kills people for fun. Or James Roday is actually a robot. Hahahaha, a little exaggerated sure...
But I'm unhinged due to my hormonal imbalance I have my monthly visitor of blood, ignore all emotional outbursts until the end of Wednesday
I don't usually extend so much effort in liking an actor to the point that I look forward, impatiently,for news about him, future projects or whatever... it's really hard to lose admiration. I feel deflated for some weird sort of reason.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 12th, '10, 22:28

oh no, ara-chan he is 28. please have mercy on me. i was feeling perverted already when i fell for old JKS (hence the "old" word :mrgreen: )
and FROZEN FLOWER :goggle: now i remembered. that's why he seemed fimiliar to me. :pale:

and now, i want this song SOOOOOO badly. :salut: :salut: :salut:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 12th, '10, 22:37

Issy, this song is from his 9th album, I believe:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FQLZF9PU
Download the album^^

he's called "The King of Ballad", hehe.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 12th, '10, 22:43

Ahh, gomene, Issy just teasing you. I don't think of you as a perverted noona. Even though I have no problem admitting I am one ;P
He's got a pretty ageless face though - wouldn't have guessed 28! Nice song, too.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 12th, '10, 22:45

Ethlenn wrote:Issy, this song is from his 9th album, I believe:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FQLZF9PU
Download the album^^

he's called "The King of Ballad", hehe.
love, love, looooooooooove you my dear muaah :wub:
so i guess i am in korean ballad songs mood then. eheheh that's so funny considering this time last year i was against everything korean :pale: i know, shame on me. but i admit, i was wrong :salut:

ps. ara-chan, no worries darling. we all been there. hahahah

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 12th, '10, 22:48

Really??
Koreans at least know how to sing. Some just take it too far though...

Nah, I'm completely addicted to Korean music. Helplessly in love with it.

Issy, love, if the link is not working, or if I messed up with the album and the song is not there, just let me know...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 12th, '10, 22:53

I like korean music too. And the young idol bands at least sound normal. Some japanese have a weird way of singing. They pucker the lips and sound like drag queens. *cough*Kame*cough*

As for that guy, 28? Really? Woah... Damn asians. They never grow old! That's it. When I get to Seoul, forget about beating the crap out of Keun Suk. There's no saving him. I'm going for Kang Ji Hwan! :lol

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 12th, '10, 23:02

yepppp, i was completely against korean dramas/music and i even could not tolerate the way korean language sounds. when i started watching korean dramas, my family and friends jaws dropped from HUGE SHOCK :blink :blink :blink
i had no japanese drama to watch and i was really bored and kept reading one of friended LJs about k-dramas that she was watching and somehow i got tempted to try them.i have to say all thanks goes to JKS and YAB though (well, credit must be given where it's due) and after that i got hooked. :mrgreen:
i am happy that i tried them. otherwise, i would not have known my dear friends here and first of all, you E-chan. you paid special attention to me when i knew nothing in this massive k-entertainemt world. :salut: :salut: :salut:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 12th, '10, 23:08

It was the same for me Issy, I also had no more Japanese drama to watch and somehow I got stranded in this thread even though I had stated before that I'd never start korean dramas...and now I am suffering from a double addiction both for Japanese and Korean stuff ;)

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 12th, '10, 23:15

arakira wrote:It was the same for me Issy, I also had no more Japanese drama to watch and somehow I got stranded in this thread even though I had stated before that I'd never start korean dramas...and now I am suffering from a double addiction both for Japanese and Korean stuff ;)
i know how you feel dear. it is such addiction. i don't think i can recover at all. to be honest, i really do't want to :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 12th, '10, 23:22

Same for me. YAB was the first kdrama I watched. I had no intention to start them back then. Of course, I was hooked after that. So, even though the Gaysha failed me as a fan, it's thanks to him that I found kdrama.

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 12th, '10, 23:52

Give credit where credit is due.

It was also due to him that I started being addicted to dramas all over again, and it was because of him that I found this site, and it was also because of him that I met my crazy unnies. Hahahaha, he's still awesome because of that I guess.

Maybe in the end, after his latest series, I'd go... "He's off-screen life is pretty much crap, but his on-screen is amazing," because that's the only thing I'm hoping for right now.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 12th, '10, 23:54

Hee hee. Correct. I love the man for kdrama and for "leading" me to you, ladies. Of course, he didn't exactly actively do it himself, so I'm not gonna be thanking him, but I thank the turn of events.

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 12th, '10, 23:58

*Raises an imaginary glass of fine wine*

To the turn of events!

Um, may you always be turning? Hahahha

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 13th, '10, 00:18

*raises glass of Asahi beer*

To serendipity and to new and awesome friends! :cheers:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 13th, '10, 01:16

Ethlenn,

What surgery? I think not necessary now. there is no longer any 'there'.. there.

Peg

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 13th, '10, 01:19

Just a sad sad echo of what used to be there... XD

krynn

Post by krynn » Sep 13th, '10, 05:29

Me, too, me, too! Hahaha! I also didn't like kdramas at first and I was even laughing at my cousin's addiction! But now I'm hooked, too! Hahaha!

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 13th, '10, 05:57

Apparently it's confirmed. Ms. Moon has taken the job of becoming the female lead in JKS' drama.

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/09/moon-geu ... the-curfew

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 13th, '10, 06:09

“Just like how the characters in tv dramas give hope to Mary, I’ll try my hardest to act as a catalyst for the viewers’ hopes, dreams, and memories.”
Oh, no, honey, just try to be more feminine than Keunsuk, that would be some huuuge achievement.

Aww, I'm glad you all are here, ladies! I really am.

As for me, no Japanese dramas earlier, no any Japanese stuff. Some were introduced by Issy this February, but in overall, somehow the rest didn't grow on me.
My first drama ever was My Lovely Kim Sam Soon, over 1.5 year ago. And it started.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 13th, '10, 07:13

I can't remember the first Korean drama I ever saw. Too long ago. I do know that Takuya Kimura was in the first Japanese film I saw on TV, and then his dramas. I think it was about a sister and brother. He was sickly and was accused of doing something bad in school. He was angry because the parents automatically believed he was the culprit. He died in the end. That was a pattern that kept on going for a long time. dying in the end I mean. Then Whitebook was a TV breakthrough for him after doing theatre. That must have been fifteen years ago or probably longer. Yes longer I think.

The first Korean drama was a happenstance click strolling through TV channels. It was an oldfashioned country type of drama.People wearing hanbok which made me stop and look. It was a modern story however.
The first Korean drama that made me sit up and take notice was 'Star in My Heart' this brought Ahn Jae Wook into my heart and he was definitely my first Korean hearthrob. I still admire him and he is so good in concerts. He was into China years ago with concerts and they still love him on the mainland. He has improved with age in looks and abilities.
Beach Boys was a lovely drama. Sorimachi and Takenouchi Yutaka. and Hiroshi Abe plus some solid actresses who are still going strong.
I also liked 'Virgin Road' which was such in interesting tale.
Of the more recent ones I liked 'Terroir' a lot. I would like to watch that again.

So many dramas ... so little time.

Peg

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 13th, '10, 09:39

Oh the poor girl... She'll have to try so hard to look womanly now. He'll outshine her. Literally! :rofl: Another rom-com series. The fangirls are going wild. That's it. We lost him. No going back now...

Anyway, as for series, I did always like japanese and korean movies, but never really got into them like now (mainly because my internet connection was bad and I was living on a spit of an island with lousy video rental places)
As far as drama goes, my first one was Zeni Geba, I think. I just had to watch every single think Kenichi-san had done cause the man rocks. Told you. I love my psychos. Ji Hwan never stood a chance with miss numbnuts here. :P