[Discussion] Mioka (Yoshitaka Yuriko)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Makoto_

[Discussion] Mioka (Yoshitaka Yuriko)

Post by Makoto_ » Jul 12th, '10, 09:09

One day, Taichi, an ordinary university student meets Mioka, a girl who is like a storm. Taichi finds himself drawn to Mioka, who lives freely as she wishes without holding back, and they eventually fall in love. However, Mioka tells Taichi of her shocking truth. She has an incurable brain disease, with no medicine or treatment that can help her.

The progressing disease.

The loss of control over her own body.

The precious memories slowly fading away.

The fear of losing herself.

The limited time she has left.

Even with such a cruel fate, Mioka lives her life to the fullest extent till the end. Taichi, wholeheartedly loving her, decides to become the witness of her very existence in this world.

Official Site
DramaWiki

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Jul 12th, '10, 10:05

Ok, I think this going to be favorite NEW show of this series. While this show is base on a novel of the same name, it remind me a combination of couple of my all time favorite drama series. Like Orange Days/Boku dake no Madonna(college romance), 1 Liter of Tears/Crying out Love, in the Center of the World(incurable disease), and My Sassy Girl/Boku dake no Madonna(wild but sad girl).

Having just finish watching the jmovie, Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu(I Give My First Love to You), I just could not stop trying to compare them. Even though; in the movie the person dying the male lead, while this show is the female lead; and this take place in college, while the movie is in high school. Which BTW, everyone looks too old to be in high school. Which why I think I like the setup and the casting better with this show.

Now for quick summary/review of episode 1. This is without any translation, so I didn't fully get everything and it does contain some spoilers. It opens main male character, Taichi, standing on roof top of the college school building that later relate when he first saw the main female character, Mioka. 1 year earlier, Taichi and his two friends, one's a clown and the other the brainy type, were laying on college lawn when they saw Mioka on the roof thinking she was going to jump. Taichi try to stop Mioka, but she claims that she never plan to jump. You would though they cast Yoshitaka Yuriko, because her character in Love Shuffle did jump from the bridge.

Mean while in a doctor office, Mioka's mother; which is played Maya Miki, which she's playing against her usual role as a single lady; revealed that Mioka have some type of brain disease. In another against his usual role as rebel cop, Terawaki Yasufumi was cast as the father of Moika.

The love triangle comes in that Taichi already has a girlfiend, Mari. Actually I think Mari, played Mizusawa Elena is actually more beautiful than Mioka. Which makes the show better, because I di believe that Taichi is falling for Miako's personality despise that he already has more beautiful girlfriend. Anyway, Mari's birthday is coming up and Taichi needs to buy gift for her. He ends up bumping into Mioka while trying to shop for gift. Funny part when she dump the guy she was with. Don't think that guy was her boyfriend, just some guy she pickup so she wouldn't be bore. Anyway, Mioka help Taichi pick the necklace for Mari. That scene remind me so much of the scene from the Anime, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. Couple scenes show Mioka's wild and doesn't care personality is pick a fight the boyfriend of Naomi. Naomi is part of Taichi group of 5 college friends; Tachi, Mari, Goto(clown), Yoji(brainy), and Naomi. Their group with Mioka over heard Namoi's boyfriend dissing Namoi with his friend.

I think best screne in epsiode 1 was actually Moika's mother flipping through photo album seeing pictures of her as a baby, birthday, 1st day of school, and finally the wish Moika written a piece of paper for Tanabata.

Next week, Taichi will find out truth when Mioka collapse.

Makoto_

Post by Makoto_ » Jul 12th, '10, 11:22

I saw Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu movie a few days ago too
Is one of my favourite mangas

I wanna english subs for Mioka series!!!! I really like Yoshitaka Yuriko, and the drama sounds good!!

Pleaseeee some english fansub for Mioka!!!!

Kirari

Post by Kirari » Jul 12th, '10, 11:53

^ Mari isn't Taichi's GF. He took her out on her birthday with the intention to ask if she would date him. There is not much love triangle going on since Mari's love is one sided. Taichi was more like being told by his friends to date her just for the sake of having some one to date. And since Mari was there, available and willing he went with it, that's all. And when Mioka who was more fun came along, his interest totally shifted.

If you're gonna compare it to any drama I think First Kiss would come the closest. The main characters act both like total biatches, playing around with boys' hearts. Vowing not to love anyone because they will die anyways, yet they secretly want to be loved and leave some memories of them behind. Mioka's kind of character is milked out in so many dramas already it's damn boring. From here you can pretty much tell how the rest of the story will go.
The girl will push the guy away after developing feelings for him. The guy will try to convince her that he doesn't mind and sticks around. She dies... he's sad but doesn't regret the experience because she gave him a different outlook on life. And is happy that she spiced up his otherwise boring life a bit. The only surprise left is how soon they will kill the main girl off.

It's unrealistic how soon Taichi falls for her. She hasn't done much to make her all that likable. It is cute that she enjoys playing basketball with little kids but does that make her all that great of a person? Is it cool that she picks a fight with 4 guys or is she just plain crazy? But hmm.. maybe it is well possible since Taichi never had a GF before.

Other than the thin plot, the cheesy lines makes my skin crawl.

I just watch this show for Kento and he does a good job with the acting. Yoshitaka Yuriko annoys me as always with her whiny voice and she plays all of her roles the same way (or she always gets casted for the similar roles).

I'd suggest this drama only to those who haven't seen this genre before. For the more seasoned drama addicts; don't bother unless you watch it for the actors only

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Jul 12th, '10, 14:48

yay Yoshitaka Yuriko!!! Will watch!!!

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Jul 13th, '10, 04:19

I admit that the only thing that drawn me to this series is that the show set in a college. I got tired of most of the high school setting shows lately. I am hoping that there are more story lines in future episodes, since Taichi will find out his illness in episode 2 and the original novel is 300 pages. On Amazon.co.jp, the novel been getting average of 3.5 stars out 5 from 47 reviews. Also the novel was good even to be translated into Chinese.

I knew I got some of the plot points wrong from watching it raw. There are 2 groups planning to fansub it. So I won't jump to conclusion with future episodes.

Kento reminds of Tsumabuki Satoshi from Orange Days. As for Yuriko, maybe her perform as Konno-san to Asobo has something to do with her casting.

As I say early does draw a lot elements from other shows and movies. It might fail for some people that it too cliche with incurable disease and love at 1st sight. But I hoping something more to it when it base on 300 pages novel.

Mentality

Post by Mentality » Jul 16th, '10, 18:45

Kirari wrote: It's unrealistic how soon Taichi falls for her. She hasn't done much to make her all that likable. It is cute that she enjoys playing basketball with little kids but does that make her all that great of a person? Is it cool that she picks a fight with 4 guys or is she just plain crazy? But hmm.. maybe it is well possible since Taichi never had a GF before.

Other than the thin plot, the cheesy lines makes my skin crawl.

I just watch this show for Kento and he does a good job with the acting. Yoshitaka Yuriko annoys me as always with her whiny voice and she plays all of her roles the same way (or she always gets casted for the similar roles).

I'd suggest this drama only to those who haven't seen this genre before. For the more seasoned drama addicts; don't bother unless you watch it for the actors only
I think so far.. it's predictable-ish but I'll have to see future episodes to have a clearer say.

I don't think it's "unrealistic" because I've seen it happen pretty often [and I myself have gone "Wtf" at those situations too but it does happen]. People, especially those with normal lives are immediately attracted and transfixed on those who are different. Those who stand out, those who are unpredictable, and those who are indifferent to the opinion of others [or at least, seemingly]. It's a lot of reasons why girls like "bad boys" in both real life and drama characters. It's only usually later AFTER the love interest has already been set that it's revealed that this bad boy has a heart of gold [and it's a compulsory in a drama since most people want to believe that all bad boys have a heart of gold].

Oh and the beating the guys up. Iono if you've watched it with subs or understood it. But I personally think it's a little bit of cool and crazy.
Not like she was randomly fighting people. She had her reasons, the guy's a dirtbag. I mean, it's reckless but so is she and it shows that she cares but in a different.. way. Guys often do it in dramas and girls take it as "awesome"/badass, I think the reverse is true too.. too bad she doesn't have much strength to actually kick their butts but that can't be helped.
Taichi's friend even stated that Taichi is a "boring" guy. Even more reason why a guy like that would go for such an unpredictable/dangerous character.
&She's not that bishy... I mean, she has her mood swings and act differently than social norms but social norms aren't always "good". [And honestly, NOT everyone with a terminal illness is going to be cheerful about it. It's more realistic that they lash out at the world.] But she's always really kind to Taichi whenever they meet, so another reason why he'd like her.

I don't think Yoshitaka plays the same characters at all. Not sure how this one is similar to her Love Shuffle one [One WANTS to die, one [even though she won't admit it, doesn't want to but will]. Her character here is also a lot more independent and reckless. Love Shuffle was an introvert who was mainly silent and child-like. Her Snakes and Earring character was reallly.. odd? To me. I guess I can't relate to such a character but I can say it's different since I liked her Love Shuffle one [this one is yet to be determined]. Oh, and her Tokyo Dogs one was really happy/perky. I don't think that's similar at all.

And about her voice... I was surprised when I heard how whiny it was in Tokyo Dogs [since Love Shuffle was my first drama of hers and she's soft-spoken/quiet there] but that honestly can't be helped. It's really her natural voice and she can't do much about it. I've read in interviews that she personally dislikes it as well.

Personally, I think she should go on the route of embracing it and maybe even exaggerating it as a trademark [ala Fran Drescher].

So far, no real opinion on this drama. It's kinda a mehh.. for me. But, I can't really judge much on one episode.
===
Personal opinion but the minor characters are really annoying me with their logic. I really like Mioka's way of thinking, at least the first half.
When Taichi's friends demanded that she thank Taichi for saving her twice, I was really annoyed because he shouldn't require a thanks anyway. Why don't they get that true kindness doesn't need thanking even though it'd be nice? Along with that girl crying and wanting death 'cause her bf cheated on her. I like that Mioka had courage to stand up to annoying people with no logic like that and is blunt about it. I think a lot of us in this world want to say such things but are too afraid. She could've been more tact but I see how she'd go so crazy when people are being so careless about their lives. I'd go crazy too.
Also... I really agree with Mioka with how she handled the "gang of girls"
Pretty sick of the whole girls are bullies thing in dramas and the heroine has to take the bull. I hate how Taichi's female friends were like "be considerate" blah blah. Mioka has a point, a guy like that isn't worth much in the first place. Even if Mioka wasn't the one, another girl would've been there to steal such a worthless guy. Get a better guy -_-

lovesituation
United States of America

Post by lovesituation » Jul 16th, '10, 20:11

I really enjoyed the first episode. I do think they're rushing the romance a little bit already, but I can understand love at first sight. :wub:

At first I really didn't think that Yoshitaka Yuriko was going to be right for the role, because I've only seen her act in Tokyo Dogs and I didn't like her acting in that. But, after watching the first episode, I actually really like her character. She seems to be suited for the more "wild" part of her character, but I'll have to wait and see if she can pull off the sick/more serious part.

I love Kento but am I the only one not really liking his character so far? I only hope that as the story progressing, Mioka helps him learn to say what he needs to say and have more confidence!

This is completely off topic of the actual storyline of the show but--did anyone else really like the outfits Mioka was wearing throughout ep 1? :lol

lovesituation
United States of America

Post by lovesituation » Jul 16th, '10, 20:20

Mentality wrote: Also... I really agree with Mioka with how she handled the "gang of girls"
Pretty sick of the whole girls are bullies thing in dramas and the heroine has to take the bull. I hate how Taichi's female friends were like "be considerate" blah blah. Mioka has a point, a guy like that isn't worth much in the first place. Even if Mioka wasn't the one, another girl would've been there to steal such a worthless guy. Get a better guy -_-
I really liked that part
I am sick of the female lead always being bullied by a group of girls and never stands up for herself too. I was surprised when the girl slapped her, but happy that Mioka stood up for herself. It was really irritating that all the other girls were acting like she should have just apologized/etc. It's nice to see a strong female lead every once in awhile. :cheers:

rejakes

Post by rejakes » Jul 17th, '10, 14:12

as a big fan of yoshitaka yuriko i was looking forward to this, though i was concerned about following in the footsteps of 1 Liter of Tears, which was done incredibly well. having seen the first episode now, i think my concerns were justified. the cast is much more talented than they are able to show with this terrible screenplay and cliched, heavy handed direction...the whole, "cue sad piano music as we talk about our sick daughter" thing was like a bad soap opera or an episode of "Full House." i hope it gets better next episode and with a bit more subtlety, but i'm not holding my breath. i wouldn't mind it being so over the top if the subject matter were different, but this was supposed to be a serious drama, i thought.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jul 18th, '10, 04:16

the first time I watched this, i really thought it resembles 1 litre of tears a lot.
Like how the mother speaking to the doctor, scenes of the brain x-rays and even some lines are almost the same. However, it's not as tear-jerking as 1 litre of tears. Somehow, I don't feel that sympathetic even to Mioka or her parents like I did with 1 litre.

But I'm glad it didn't really follow the footsteps of that drama though. It should have its own storyline. Oh yea, the minor characters, the friends especially are pretty shallow imo. Can they seriously just watch at the sidelines when their friend is trying to end a fight, and only after their friend was beaten, they rush to his rescue?! That's just unbelievable. I find that scene a bit laughable. :blink

Sin 31

Post by Sin 31 » Jul 18th, '10, 21:09

I like Yoshitaka Yuriko :wub: , as for the rest well... My first drama in ages, I wasn't gonna be overly thrilled, was I.

ik0n

Post by ik0n » Jul 18th, '10, 21:23

Just finished watching the first episode. I forgot how much she has such a cute side... even back in Tokyo Dogs! Looking forward to episode 2! WOOT :)

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jul 20th, '10, 02:13

Myeh.... I like the cast a lot... but the the whole story of it... just something I've seen before so I'm not too excited over the series. I only watched like a forth of the first episode (was kinda tired and had to wake up early to go to work)I'm not too much into these type of chick-flicky kinda stories with a sad ending, but I'm more interested in how the cast will make the story go along.

I like Yuriko a lot ^_^ (First saw her in that Ashita something something something... the older Matsuda brother was in it and Kuriyama Chiaki) and I like Yuki Jutta too ^_^ and the other cast. But I'm not feeling the plot too much. Maybe there might be some twist that makes it different than its similar drama/movies of the same genre. But yeah....... it's only my opinion don't hate me >_<

grandgestures

Post by grandgestures » Jul 20th, '10, 09:29

Guys, I HATED 1 LItre of Tears because the characters were so bland. I almost didn't want to try this but I have love Yuriko in everything she's been in.

This show has potential. Everything felt so natural. And the main characters are extremely likable. Think of this as a character-driven drama instead of a sob-story, maybe?

Romance

Post by Romance » Jul 21st, '10, 21:28

Just watched first episode and i thought it was great. Will definately keep watching this one.

SnowApple

Post by SnowApple » Jul 21st, '10, 22:26

grandgestures wrote:This show has potential. Everything felt so natural.
Wow. I disagree completely. Did we watch the same thing? Because for a girl who actually likes sappy terminal illness dramas, even I couldn't stomach the acting in this first episode. There's a chance it'll get better (dramas have been known to surprise me before), but I'm not holding my breath. We'll see.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I can't help but wish Katsuji Ryo would have been the hero. :D Nothing against Hayashi Kento, I like him well enough, but Ryo has a really good, solemn presence that I would have loved seeing on Taichi. I think it'd be a completely different drama, then. Just random wishful thinking...
Last edited by SnowApple on Jul 21st, '10, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.

Romance

Post by Romance » Jul 21st, '10, 22:54

SnowApple wrote:
grandgestures wrote:This show has potential. Everything felt so natural.
Wow. I disagree completely. Did we watch the same thing? Because for a girl who actually likes sappy terminal illness dramas, even I couldn't stomach the acting in this first episode. There's a chance it'll get better (dramas have been known to surprise me before), but I'm not holding my breath. We'll see.
Had no problems with the acting, thought it was great and felt natural. Well, except Nakamura Shizuka, her performance was rather embarrassing, especially in the resturant towards the end. But other than i think they are doing a great job.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jul 22nd, '10, 02:43

I don't really like Katsuji Ryo's character or his acting in this. I guess they have to have the "over the top crazy" sidekick friend (and Yuki Jutta is the level-headed one...) I have no problem with the acting for the most part. But I can kinda predict how the characters are >__<

ik0n

Post by ik0n » Jul 30th, '10, 21:22

I don't care what anyone says but episode 3 was AWESOME. And I just can't get enough of her. Her acting is so natural and she's very beautiful lol. Specially the scene at the end when she's crying lol. Then again the whole show itself is very good, like grandgestures said it feels so natural.

Okay I'll stop...

Orange_Guy

Post by Orange_Guy » Jul 31st, '10, 00:16

Okay the plot can be close to 1 litre of tears but i find the mood in the drama really different maybe it will get cliched(even more) from now on but till now i found it enjoyable.
I'm watching 5 J/K dramas and and these first 3 episodes i liked more than any other 3 first episodes from other drama.

Anyone knows how many episodes Mioka will have?

ik0n

Post by ik0n » Jul 31st, '10, 00:31

Orange_Guy wrote: Anyone knows how many episodes Mioka will have?
Seems like there's not any official announcement on how many episodes it will have. I could be wrong, but that's what I know.

Orange_Guy

Post by Orange_Guy » Jul 31st, '10, 02:12

ik0n wrote:
Orange_Guy wrote: Anyone knows how many episodes Mioka will have?
Seems like there's not any official announcement on how many episodes it will have. I could be wrong, but that's what I know.
:thumright: guess we'll have to find out lol

ik0n

Post by ik0n » Jul 31st, '10, 02:19

Yep, eventually lol.

Sin 31

Post by Sin 31 » Aug 2nd, '10, 17:26

Girl realizing she was being cheated in the cafe, then saying she wants to die in the first ep, the other guy wanting to watch a movie where the female lead dies in the end in another, can't say it felt natural to me...
That said I'm not complaining in any way, since I intend to keep watching – just not for the plot. :wub:

I've yet to see ep 3, so who knows. :D

Romance

Post by Romance » Aug 2nd, '10, 19:17

Sure we have seen the story before but there still is something in this drama that makes me want to keep watching. Maybe its the acting? It just feels so real somehow and i really care about the characters. The atmosphere is great. Cried in the end of ep 3.. :P

Nice drama, more people should give this one a chance!

ik0n

Post by ik0n » Aug 2nd, '10, 20:25

End of episode 3 was great! Haha :P

occhokochoi

Post by occhokochoi » Aug 4th, '10, 01:20

Really enjoying this one. Yes it's cheesy and predictable but it's a J drama so it's allowed :)

Kinda tempted to try reading the book...

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Aug 7th, '10, 13:20

I've watched till ep4 so far and i can't help but it always reminds me of 1LtrOTears. It's a bit cheesy for my taste but I guess I'll just watch to see how the plot grows from here.

But why do they like making these brain degeneration disease dramas? For me, having 1LOT is more than enough and nothing can really surpass that. I know I shouldn't be comparing, can't help it though.

Romance

Post by Romance » Aug 9th, '10, 20:49

! Looks like the friends will get to know about miokas sick in the next ep. Ep4 was another good episode btw, the scene in mioka's house with taichi and the parents was great.

fastat3m

Post by fastat3m » Aug 9th, '10, 22:07

avieamber wrote:I've watched till ep4 so far and i can't help but it always reminds me of 1LtrOTears. It's a bit cheesy for my taste but I guess I'll just watch to see how the plot grows from here.

But why do they like making these brain degeneration disease dramas? For me, having 1LOT is more than enough and nothing can really surpass that. I know I shouldn't be comparing, can't help it though.
Yea, it is similar to 1LOT. I don't think it could be better than 1LOT because 1LOT came first and it was based on a real person, and the real pictures at the end of each episode were really moving. For the reason they make similar drama's because people will still watch them, and they know they can get an audience. I personally like Mioka better, because I think I connect with the characters more, and the story involves the friends more and how they are thinking, and 1LOT seemed to involve the family and siblings more. However, I'm pretty sure that most people like 1LOT more.

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Aug 10th, '10, 15:37

this is abit like 1LOT story line + Orange Days setting.
but this is not as much a tearjerker as 1LOT.

Tettekete

Post by Tettekete » Aug 11th, '10, 00:35

I watched this drama because of Yoshitaka Yuriko.
I am enjoying it.
But I have to say that Taichi is not a good actor. I don't know why, it's like he can't express his feeling.

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Aug 11th, '10, 12:10

Tettekete wrote: But I have to say that Taichi is not a good actor. I don't know why, it's like he can't express his feeling.

OH! Thank you so much for saying that! I have always wanted to say that too!! I think he has the most stone-less eyes I have ever seen. It is expressionless.

SnowApple

Post by SnowApple » Aug 27th, '10, 16:54

^ He's just really, really awkward, and it's not just the character. I think he's just young and green and can't really own the romantic hero role. Yet, anyway. Maybe he'll improve.

The standout element of this drama is becoming the friendship, to my surprise. It's funny, since I don't care much for them individually, but when they come together, it seems to work.

Ahartono99

Post by Ahartono99 » Aug 30th, '10, 06:55

SnowApple wrote:^ He's just really, really awkward, and it's not just the character. I think he's just young and green and can't really own the romantic hero role. Yet, anyway. Maybe he'll improve.
They should've given the role to Takayuki Yamada.....

SnowApple

Post by SnowApple » Aug 30th, '10, 17:27

^ Nah, he's been a terminal illness hero enough times. Though he does do it well.

sweetimpact

Post by sweetimpact » Sep 1st, '10, 01:30

i really like the character Mioka, so fun and active :wub: but of course Yuriko chan makes it work :wub:

mako-sama

Post by mako-sama » Sep 6th, '10, 22:21

totemokakkoii wrote:
Tettekete wrote: But I have to say that Taichi is not a good actor. I don't know why, it's like he can't express his feeling.

OH! Thank you so much for saying that! I have always wanted to say that too!! I think he has the most stone-less eyes I have ever seen. It is expressionless.
"not a good actor"??

I don't post on the forums often, but today I came here to say this: The guy who selected Hayashi Kento (Taichi) to lead the series alongside Yoshitaka Yuriko is either blind or he received a big 'favor' to put that guy in. Looking at the rest of the cast, I really doubt that he's blind.

one might argue that Hayashi Kento is a promising actor... I don't know about that, but that guy does not know how to act.... maybe he will be good... someday.. when finishes his first few months of theater/acting classes, that is.

Watching this Jdrama is like drinking the best soup in the world, but sadly someone put sand instead of salt in it....
Regardless, I'm drinking this soup.. Sand is salty anyway, and the taste of the soup is too good to let the whole thing go to waste.
Sand is edible, right? I hope this won't kill me :P

mako-sama

Post by mako-sama » Sep 6th, '10, 22:26

AHHHH... I waited 8 long episodes to vent like that. They should have used a puppet instead.

antspace

Post by antspace » Sep 9th, '10, 00:25

He was alright in Shokojo Seira. He's getting better in this series, or at least the series is getting better ; ) Yoshitaka Yuriko is doing a hell of a job and is pretty convincing!

Tass

Post by Tass » Sep 14th, '10, 10:39

They really shoud have hired Sawajiri... dying in episodes between 1 and 10 is her turf.

On top of this fake and heavily japanized story, their barely mediocre acting and a story that puts you asleep, sawajiri's fake tears would have brought a comedic element to this totally messed up drama :(
her miserable acting would be on par with the rest of the setting!

antspace

Post by antspace » Sep 15th, '10, 20:39

Nice one :D Still like this series. Not that messy really, a simple storyline, but not messed up. Not the best acting, but Yuriko san is doing a nice job as far as I'm concerned. Japanized... well it's J-Dorama ; )

shokojo sakura

Post by shokojo sakura » Sep 20th, '10, 05:43

Tass wrote:They really shoud have hired Sawajiri... dying in episodes between 1 and 10 is her turf.

On top of this fake and heavily japanized story, their barely mediocre acting and a story that puts you asleep, sawajiri's fake tears would have brought a comedic element to this totally messed up drama :(
her miserable acting would be on par with the rest of the setting!
Uh, what? 1 Litre of Tears was based on a real person who wrote a diary by the same title. There was nothing fake about 1 Litre of Tears. Everything was real, except for the whole having a boyfriend thing. Plus, if the story put you to sleep, you must be heartless. There is an important and inspiring message in 1 Litre of Tears. Don't call 1 Litre of Tears a fake and heavily Japanized story when it's not.

Also, at least Sawajiri can play the role of a sick person better than Yoshitaka.

antspace

Post by antspace » Sep 21st, '10, 20:34

Sorry, you seem to be mistaking. Tass is refering to Mioka when he's talking about the the sleepiness and the bad acting :P He's actually saying that Sawajiri plays the role of a sick person better than yoshikawa Yuriko san :crazy:

SnowApple

Post by SnowApple » Sep 25th, '10, 16:07

Review sheet finished! --> http://www.still-frames.net/jdrama/mioka.html
I rip it pretty bad, though, so perhaps you should proceed with caution if you liked this drama. :D