Sungkyunkwan Scandal (KBS2 , 2010)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Oct 12th, '10, 12:31

Ethlenn wrote:Box always works, link is hidden under the spoiler: Some browsers don't support complex addresses like the one two posts above.

biniBningPunkista: editing the subs and reposting them without permission is a big no-no. This thread is visited rougly by 500 persons by day since the last week, so I don't want to cause any problem for you and everyone involved here.
Editing subs for personal use only is... ehmm... well, acceptable, but not sharing them.
Sorry, but these are the rules.
:thumright: got that. It was actually intended for personal use :salut:

would spazz next time about episode 13 and 14, but for now... got to hit that darn booklet. ~_~

aility

Post by aility » Oct 12th, '10, 17:43

Ahh! I just watched ep.13!! My frustruation, CANNOT begin to express it... And yeah, the fluffiness is over... I hope it wont be TOO much melodrama, and judging from the preview of Ep.14, it seems not. Phew

and couldnt agree more on the second lead syndrom thingie, but I also agree with Ethlenn that I dont mind YS ending up with SJ. The one thing I am annoyed over is how IGNORANT YS is over JS's feelings and everything that he has done for her. she is all about SJ. why is that always the case in KDRAMAS!!!!!! It makes me wanna cheer on the 2nd lead even more!!

And how could she be so clueless also when it comes to JS? I thought she knew?... :O

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 12th, '10, 18:27

aility wrote:And how could she be so clueless also when it comes to JS? I thought she knew?...
You mean SJ? Or JS, cause I got a bit confused... I see not that much that JS done for her except for the bow-ring and keeping her gender for himself. Really.
I guess I'm weird, cause I never cheered for the second guy. Ever. I don't like this "oh, I'm so good to her, she will notice and repay me with love" attitude. Nope, not here, not never. Because love it's not waiting for a right moment, but making the right moment. Just like SJ said about the miracle. It would be stupid to just sit and wait, if you want the miracle, you need to create it. This is why I like this character, he's reasonable.

And I have to say one thing...
next week, finally!! A confession!! A hug!! A discovery!! (or so it seems). Ahaha, happy for SJ :wub: But first we need to go through more puzzlement, more Blinky and more once more inconsistent Yongha. But what he did for the wounded JS was great.

Note to self: take a huge dosage of sedatives....
Last edited by Ethlenn on Oct 13th, '10, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 13th, '10, 20:33

My goodnight gift:
credits: hancinema^^

majata

Post by majata » Oct 14th, '10, 20:28

special thanks to the Soompi SKKS Subbing team, episode 13 english subs
Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BJNZDYS3
Mediafire: http://www.mediafire...j17k0r87m3b044m

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 14th, '10, 22:47

Thank you E-chan for all those eye candies. i take every single picture of my JaeShin :wub:

:salut:

edit: loved ep13 with subs. there is no way back for me. i am JS supporter all the way. even though i still like SJ, but it won't be near enough to JS.
this is really strange. i have always been first lead shipper when i used to watch jdramas. but somehow, i found myself totally taken by second leads in kdramas. it happened with Chuno and now it is happening with SKKS.
why JS appeals to me? it's because he is 3 dimentional. at first, he was concentrated on revenge and clearig up his brother's name but now he also have elements of love in his actions. not to mention he is learning how to control his actions/anger.
that's why i keep wondering why writers making SJ character looks so one dimention. before entering SKKS he was so focused on justice, politics and wanting to make/change the world into a better one. now all he cares about is his love to YS. all those things happening around him and all he wonders about is why YS has her/his hand on JS or what JS is doing with YS. i really miss old SJ.
this might be a romantic story but as it has mixtures of elements in there, then i expect my loved characters to be involved in all of them.
eventhough i am loving every eps of SKKS, but i am not liking how SJ is getting portrayed in last eps. to be honest, i should not complain becaue the last eps making me fall more and more with JS but because i liked SJ character alot from beginning too, i want them to keep me interested in him.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 15th, '10, 04:10

Issy wrote:before entering SKKS he was so focused on justice, politics and wanting to make/change the world into a better one. now all he cares about is his love to YS.
Isn't that proof of more than one side to a person?
I disagree, but I fell completely for SJ character, still, I'm trying to judge him as emotionless as possible.
His father said the same thing, he was dissatisfied that SJ became "more human". Receiving no warm feelings at home made SJ someone along cyborg. He studied, he was obedient, but the only escape for him was dreaming of a better future. After seeing what Joseon truly loks like, I guess he came up with the thought that Joseon are not politicians, but normal people and in order to change the nation, it has to be started with the people. So he started from himself.
His love and jealousy for YS is something new for him, something he didn't read about in Confucian books. So he doesn't know how to handle it. Deciding to hurt YS he decided to hurt himself and to remind himself of his place in society. But he underestimated himself in this.

Still, after horror I had with Bidam, I can't have warm feelings for JS. Sure, he's supportive, he's warm towards YS (I wonder if he was the same if he didn't discover her gender, because only after this his attitude changed), I see the change YS afflicted in him, so he can focus less on the revenge, but still. He doesn't do it for me. I don't have knots in my stomach, fangirly speaking, when he's on screen.

And Yongha, my second man in this drama is another long story...

And yes, Issy, love, I will post more, cause JS gets the majority of attention.
Like Bidam, though he was a horrible character...

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Oct 15th, '10, 05:13

i feel like a loser when my download rate is like this... :hissy:
i should be enjoying ep. 13 by now. :(

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 15th, '10, 09:16

the only thing that makes me wonder about JS is, would he be the same of he did not know that YS was a girl? yes E-chan, you are right on this.
i guess we all have different ways on how we see and precieve each characters :mrgreen: we have to agree to disagree on this one E-chan. but i tried my best to like SJ and he was my favourite guy but kept losing his appeal through out the drama. i still blame the writer for it. :whistling:
just saw some yoochun pictures last night and my jaw dropped (yes e-chan, i did pick it up :P ) :mrgreen: god, so much different from SJ look. as much as i love sageuk dramas but i have to say that some of their male clothing, does not do those hot/cute actors any justice. specially the black meshy headband that they have on their forehead. sorry, don't know what is called. :mrgreen:

and YongHa is my second favourite character for sure. i have said i before, there is nothing wrong that boy can do. i love how each one of his sentenses has a double meaning behind it and no one there gets it. i love how he said to blinky (when he thought that he is one his men) that he is with him because he wants to and no one can order him around and he is the only one who decideds for himself. blinky really got the shock. i like to see more of his background because it seems that he is the only one there who do almost everything without answering to anyone. not even blinky can do that. :scratch:

and yes please continue with uploading pics. as he is NOT the horrible character here. :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 15th, '10, 10:12

Yes, I did start to see Yoochun pics lately, and as I didn't pay much attention on him before (only kinda liked his voice), now he looks... the arms... well... I still didn't pick up my jaw. I guess the best for him would be to leave all his idol status behind, because he's on the good track. Have faith in him (godss, I can't believe I actually said that about any idol... I'm going senile, I guess).

Anyway, back to the drama. Yongha is the most complicated, I guess. Good for the character that is played by fairly experienced (but not yet brilliant) actor. It is visible. All what he has done he done for fun, and now his comfortable world collapsed, he immersed himself a bit too much in discovering the truth about YS, and this brought him to the point he can't go back. None of the boys can.

I really like this about YS, she came as some sort of liberator. She showed Yongha that life is something more than gisaengs and fun, she showed SJ that he can be a human being, and she showed JS that he can focus on something more than revenge. Plus, she showed Blinky that it's not the money and position that counts, but the personality and friendship. On top, she showed him how to blink.

I see professor Jeong a bit close to Yongha on the ground of perceiving things. He discovered immediately Blinky's plot to mix the players, he sees right through people. I really like him. He sees right through Yongha's excuse to not participate in the games (I liked the bitter answer Yongha gave him after it).

Writers did mess up a bit SJ character, but hopefully not for long. It's normal in drama so I'm not pissed, because every character like this needs to go through some turmoil and do contradictory things, say hurtful things to the person one loves the most...
What interests me is his reaction after the discovery, heh. As for now, since he showed every type of reaction, I don't know what to expect. Plus, there is thisstupid girl and his father...

It's not like I don't like JS, I do, but not on the same level as SJ and Yongha.
And Issy, dear, it's good to have different opinions. I can handle those, I can't handle mindless kyaaaing and repeating "awesome" and "cute" five times in one sentence. It shows lack of the proper vocabulary. :twisted:

(Oh yes, after todays's half of my classes I realized that the younger the crowd, the less vocabulary they use... And they are somehow deprived of imagination, they can't construct a simple sentence. Ehh...)

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 15th, '10, 15:48

Oh no no. thank god that we don't have anyone like those crazy fans in this threads. after all, you need to have a reason for liking someone or character and Kyaaing is not of them. :mrgreen:

forgot to say that my anothr favourite character is definitely is prof Jang. i love his reasoning regading any matter. no one can say anything back. so happy that they made him know about YS real identity from the start.

and please don't mention that silly girl. i think i just had enough of her. and on top of it
to think that she is the main object of desire of both SJ and YS and just annoying :crazy: stupid girl can't even see beoynd SJ 's words. atleast she could see who is really staring at? and that fainting over SJ shoulders was just such a cheap move. glad it was found out.
can't wait for subs for ep14 :mrgreen:

i need to know something though
does JS knows that YS is the same girl that he saved from thieves in first eps? i remember him looking at the cloth she gave him but does he know they are the same person?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 15th, '10, 19:27

I was so afraid that here will be aflood of kyaaa, really. But it's good that Korean section on DA is not that overcrowded with 14 yo as someplace else.

About your question:
I guess he knows it. He recognized the handkerchief, but I don't remember the reaction after that.
This silly girl annoys me, but in the same time I feel pity for her. I hope that she will realise that there is nothing and will never be between her and SJ. But as you said, even with those countless hints that SJ is giving unvoluntary or not, she can't see it. Damn, she's so blind. He retreats from every physical contact, or eye contact, and she still thinks of him as "her man"?? But you know, I understand her happiness. In the society where a girl in yangban family was nothing more than a piece of furniture just to tie with another family, and they became wives of much older men, men with any power at all, the fact that young, nice (*sigh*) man is supposed to be her husband, turned her into a blind, possessive fiancee.

About the Professor, I liked the way he played YS. I still don't know whether he was really angry about discovering she's a girl, or wanted to test her. The latter answer would be the easiest, but I'm not really sure it's the case. Maybe it's the other way around - maybe it was YS's determination that changed his mind? I don't know...

So just Saturday, Sunday, work on Monday, and... ah... sedatives, where are you?

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Oct 15th, '10, 23:02

I believe JS thought YS entered Songkyunkwan for him so that she can "thank him" for having saved her from bad, bad people. He was very upset when she was thinking about leaving the school instead of throwing the thieving boy under the bus. He almost blurted it out by saying something like "Is that all you are capable of? Then, why did you come to the school in the first place?" That misguided boy will be so disappointed when he learns the truth. :alcoholic:

SJ's reaction in ep 13-14 was perfectly understandable. I cannot for a moment imaging SJ lashing out maliciously. But a person cannot bottle up his feelings like that without it bursting at some point. SJ hid his "overflowing" feelings for so long because he was a conscientious person with a kind heart who would never in a million years hurt the person he cared about by indulging in his "unacceptable" emotions. And like all self-righteous control freaks, he overcompensated it by trying to do the right thing, which was marrying the first nice, pretty, and very desperate girl in his path. Then, the YS&JS incident exploded in his face. All of sudden, his effort meant nothing. The person he cared about still got ostracized for the same reason. He was angry at YS for ruining everything he worked so hard to prevent. And most of all, he was angry at himself for not able to protect her. Can't wait for ep 15. I wonder how he will get them out of that giant mess.

aility

Post by aility » Oct 16th, '10, 08:34

Kumaxell wrote:I believe JS thought YS entered Songkyunkwan for him so that she can "thank him" for having saved her from bad, bad people. He was very upset when she was thinking about leaving the school instead of throwing the thieving boy under the bus. He almost blurted it out by saying something like "Is that all you are capable of? Then, why did you come to the school in the first place?" That misguided boy will be so disappointed when he learns the truth. :alcoholic:
I dont think JS thinks that YS entered SKKS to thank him. Afterall, when she first met him, there was no way she should have known that he was a SKKS student, at least not by the way he dressed. The reason he was upset about her wanting to quit school was because he thought she, with her situation, should know best that quitting is not the right thing to do, Afterall, it is like giving up! And if you want to change the world, and stand by your principles, then you dont quit!! That is my two cents.

I am totally thinking of changing boats,and go all yongha, hahaha!!

Oh! as for the professor. I think he was testing YS when he found out about her. Remember the scene with his mother? He said the reason her husband died, was because he had a vision of creating a society where smart and intelligent girls like his daughter could get an education, and be able to do something! So, Prof Jang is totally on YS' side. besides, he already knew how intelligent and strong-willed she was when he came to visit her father.

he is also one of my fave characters! :

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 16th, '10, 09:10

I have to agree with Kumaxell on the point of SJ, it is perfectly put what situation he's in.

However, I'm with Aili on the JS situation. I can't believe he would think that YS came to SKK just to thank him. After all, when she was admitted, she was always by SJ side. If it was the case, she would immediately sought his presence.
But I guess JS already knows who is this "jerk" in YS' heart and who made her drank too much, who made her cry. The question is: will he act like a friend he claim to be and help YS and SJ, or will he act like a hurt rival? I wouls like to see the first one, because SJ has enough of enemies already, and apart from YS no one seems to be really on his side.

Yongha is on Yongha's side. He doesn't make the allies with anybody, he sometimes just joins the side for pure fun of it. This boy is very interesting.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 16th, '10, 09:36

i'm sorry but there is no way JS thinks that YS has entered SKK because of him and to thank him. their encounter was just unique for YH to think of JS as a scholar in that state he was in. i mean sleeping rough on the streets and hard to locate so how JS thinks he is the main reason for YS to enter SKK. not to mention that i would assume JS knows of suitations that make YS get into SKK. like being accpeted by the king...

the reason i asked that question was becasue i do get the feeling that JS is still not sure if YS is the same girl he helped backed then. i get the feeling that he fell in love wth YH (as a girl) when he helped her back then. that's why he kept that handkerchief. maybe later on he was convinced they are same person.

maybe i change ship too. :mrgreen: i'll go JSx Yongha :whistling:

regarding SJ in past eps, i totally understand his feelings and why he is acting like thim. everything said is right but point was him being focused of YS only. i liked him more before when he was thinking of everything going on around him but now is like he can't see what's happening at all. except what ever YS does. i guess as it is his first time dealing with feelings like this and specially when they are not anything to do with a girl, i have to be fair on him. after all he is not perfect. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Issy on Oct 16th, '10, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 16th, '10, 09:43

No one is in this drama. That is why it's so nice.

About the handkerchief: It think JS simply forgot about it. That's my opinion. Just can't imagine he would keep it as some proof to find a girl, no. I don't think he fell in love with YH back then.

This reminds me of Minister of War thing. He still remembers the slap on his face by YH, so I guess, when the whole affair will be known, he can raise a hell upon her. Looking at this whole mess from afar, or from a tree JS is usually lazing on, this is so tightly tied situation. Every move that may lead to liberation comes with the pain at the same time.

And I do hope they won't make a jerk aout of SJ after the discovery. I know he will be furious, but I beg, not for long, I just can't simply take it any longer.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 16th, '10, 10:50

:lol you make me laugh E-chan, you don't even give the slightest possibility if it's something to do with character that is not your fav ( I still remember the STH incidence on your asdal :mrgreen: ). I love your love and dedication to your favourites and love you my dear friend :wub:
I want to go back and re-watch from ep1, I sure felt like that when JS met YH for the first time but it maybe just me. I'm hopeless romantic :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 16th, '10, 11:01

Aww, well... I see that JS fell in love with YS now, because he knows she's a girl. I didn't see it on the street with the apple incident though. But maybe I need to re-watch the episode once again^^, yess, definitely need to rewatch those, ufufufufu ^^

Hehe, yess... my dedication and support :wub:
That's weird for me, cause I started to watch it because of Yoo, and it turned out he's not my fav in this drama. Aigoo...
And you know I love you too, unni^^

Hm, and I'm as romantic as the bag of potatoes, so maybe this is the reason I can't go kyaa all along :whistling:

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Oct 16th, '10, 12:28

Trying to stay away from this thread as I had only seen the first two episodes, but I am now watching it, so trying to get all of the softsubs. I have everything up to episode 13, except for 12. So, can anyone re-post the link, or PM the link to me?

TIA

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 16th, '10, 12:55

Umm... I will remove any additional post with the link to the subs that HAVE been posted here, just please look around. Because this is close to a mess.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_89142_15.htm
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_88276_105.htm <-- last post.

On the happy note, there are new NGs, mostly with Jaeshin^^, so if anyone wants it, grab it:
Right here, the end of the post. They are of a good quality, that is why 5 minute video weights over 300 Mb^^

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Oct 16th, '10, 14:16

Hehe I'm still not sure who to ship for...I''m still in love with both JS and YH (and I still enjoy having sympathy for poor blinky) but I don't want them to end up with the girl...I go with Issy's comment, let them end up together :mrgreen:

I guess SJ is just not my type of man :P but he and KYH fit each other so I'm fine with the pairing and it's nice to go kya over the main couple and half a dozen others :wub:
btw, the professor is fine chara, too and i like how the actor portrays him. his mimic is wonderful!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 16th, '10, 16:12

I decided to stop shunning SJ in pics. Yes.
But fret not, there is plenty of JS here^^
credits as stated, but mostly thanks to Official Website and DCGall. Good that there are fans with time and will^^

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 16th, '10, 16:31

was going to write" oh god, what kind of obsessive fan taken the time to make all those caps of SJ , JS..." then i remembered myself. :mrgreen:

Thank you dear E-chan for the pictures (i should kill daryn for calling me unnie in the first place :cussing): but is ok, if i am noona and unnie for all here, so i guess there is no escape from it. i'm cool with. it just don't make a habit out of it :x
:P

i love the cartoonish pic, i think i need to change my wallpaper. not now though :mrgreen:

as for pairing, i don;t mind SJ ending up with YS or YH to be precise because that's how the story is written and i knew it from the start so i did not bulid any hopes of second character getting the girl. i sepcially love those tense moments between SJ and YS in 1st ep. and as i can't not see any new love coming JS's way (and i think is too late for introducing one) that can fit perfectly as YH, then i guess the next best pairing would be YongHa. after all, he has been in love with him for years. i don't see it happening for real in the drama though.
Last edited by Issy on Oct 16th, '10, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Oct 16th, '10, 16:33

OMG were you trying to kill me?! I expected a SJ picsam...I think I just had a blackout... :goggle: :faint:

Edit
as for pairing, i don;t mind SJ ending up with YS or YH
ISSY?!? What a naughty noona you are :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 16th, '10, 16:35

is it normal to find prof Jang HOT too??? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :pale:

edit, :lol ara-chan
i don't know where your imagination drifted off but that was not my thoughts at all. sorry to disappoint dear :mrgreen:
i meant YH with her new name as YS :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 16th, '10, 16:39

YH, ahahaha.... yes, we have the double initials here...

But as for Yongha and Jaeshin... I don't think this will come in the drama, although they would be the most comfortable with each other. Jaeshin is supportive and Yongha can be committed. But this drama stirred moms already, and even, even IF they had it in plans, I guess they will change it.

Yes, I will slowly introduce SJ picspam^^ Because this is how I roll, I am a methodological person.
But wait, are you actually complaining about Jaeshin picspam??

EDIT: and yes, Professor is one hot man. I love his logic and personality^^

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Oct 16th, '10, 16:45

Nothing wrong with the professor now is there? Older men have a certain charisma...

I think it is something about this drama it's bad for your imagination...having naughty thoughts all the time
i also find Cho Sun pretty hawt in some scenes ;)

btw...was yu ah in in some other saeguk with a similar hairdo? I think i saw some pics...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 16th, '10, 16:49

Yes he was in The Strongest Chilwoo.

Chosun is pretty, she's the only girl in this drama that I feel sorry for. Maybe she can slice the annoying Blinky's sister?

And you know what? We've been calling him Blinky, what's his real name??
Ha Insu, just checked. But Blinky is easier... I mean easier to... I mean...

Oh, nevermind...

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Oct 16th, '10, 16:52

Love the pix. Thanks! :cheers:

I don't believe JS was in anyway attracted to the handkerchief girl. But, he did have positive disposition toward YS the roommate. After all, he made her a release tab for the archery competition. At that point, he wasn't romantically interested in her, unless you think of it as bromantically or comrade love. The bathtub incident was the catalyst. After that point, he couldn't think of her in any other way. He put the two and two together, thought she came to SKK for him, and voila, he was in love. It's not logical for him to think that YS would risk her life to come to SKK in order to "thank him," but the brain of a man with secret crush works in mysterious ways.

YH and JS is an interesting pair. I do believe that YH cared for JS in the same way SJ for YS. However, YH channeled it to a better place. He became a player, a schemer, and a mischievous but caring friend of JS. He would let the world burn as long as he get some fun out of it. But he would never let any real harm come to JS. I do hope the writers would tell us their back story.

Now, the King and Professor Jung... I think this is the third drama I watched with them as the background players. I am beginning to think they were quite alright with girls disguising as boys or doing boys' work. Which reminds me, this drama is very similar to "Painter of the Wind." It has the same king, a girl disguises as boy, works in the government, a prostitute who loves her, two guys who love her, and a parent who let her do this crazy thing.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 16th, '10, 16:56

i think is In Soo, but i like blinky better :P

ok, this is a must see for all JS fans out there. i really LOVE this fanvid. it's really well made.

JS's goodies

E-chan, feel free not to like it wuv :mrgreen: don't force yourself. i love you the way you are. :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 16th, '10, 17:07

It's really well made. Jaeshin is damn hawt. If my mind and heart (right order) weren't already taken, I would fall for him with no doubt after seeing this.
Still, the backlash from Bidam is present.
But in case of Painter of The Wind, this is a true story. Well, part of it. Cause it's drama version of Miindo - The Early Years (without the love making, heh).
Anyway, if my headache stops, I will look for moar pics^^

I'm just curious about Chosun and Blinky. Damn, there is so many problems left, and only 6 episodes! I hope they won't rush anything.

I believe I saw her other videos, she makes them very well. I may be mistaken, but I saw Hong Gil Dong, perhaps^^

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Oct 16th, '10, 17:17

Why do you call him Blinky?
And what's up with Bidam backlash? He was an evil kid who grew up to be an ambitious and ruthless man who was in love with Duk Man.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 16th, '10, 17:25

Kumaxell wrote:Why do you call him Blinky?
And what's up with Bidam backlash? He was an evil kid who grew up to be an ambitious and ruthless man who was in love with Duk Man.
:O was he? so there is no resemblance what so ever to poor JS then. :blink

we call him blinky because the actor hardly blinks in his scenes. well, he did improve a little in last eps. he blinked three times :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 16th, '10, 17:30

On all Korean websites, Jaeshin is called Bidam of 2010. Fan(girls?) make the references to the clothing style, hair and wild behavior.
But yes, if Bidam had a 1/10 of Jaeshin soul, those things wouldn't have happened.

And I disagree on the fact that he was in love with Deokman, he loved her, she didn't. That's my opinion.

Ah, Blinky blinks, yess^^
He even smiles :whistling:

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Oct 16th, '10, 17:59

Ethlenn wrote:On all Korean websites, Jaeshin is called Bidam of 2010.
Then these fangirls probably made up the name before they watched episode 4. Except for the clothes, JS is nothing like Bidam. (The pre-politician Bidam has way better hairstyle than JS.)
Issy wrote:we call him blinky because the actor hardly blinks in his scenes. well, he did improve a little in last eps. he blinked three times
Ah... That explains it. I know he is infatuated with Chosun. Does she or did she have any feelings for him (despite his evil father forcing her do all kind of evil things)?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 16th, '10, 18:25

OK...
so from what I read, the discovery scene will be different in drama than in books. And judging from the preview, I guess there won't be much fuss from SJ's side. That's good. And Yoochun said that he hoped for a good ending because any other ending with a twist would be unimaginable. Is he referring to YH and JS? So did they actually have something like this in plans? I can't imagine...
I don't know whether Chosun had any feelings for Blinky. She understands how hollow he became but apart from pity she can't give him any other feeling. But maybe I'm mistaken.
Ah well, it's so complicated!

Edit:
My goodnight gift:
credits to all good people on DC and Official Website.
And special table with character chart (love-spoiler? alert):
好き:means "like" in this table, ufufufu....
So ladies, sleepless night ahead?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 17th, '10, 16:17

Everyone saw the bed scene and died? Why it's so quiet here?

And I'm holding up with the rest of my willpower to not go on SJ spree...
I'm strong, I'm strong, I'm... oh well...

Anyway, I wish this marriage can be somehow cancelled, if it was on me, I would plan the girl's demise, or at least sending her to the nunnery.
I guess it's better to embrace a tree trunk, girl:
정조-잘금4인방 (Joseon jalgeum sa inbang), I guess we know what's this^^
credits are always on the picture.
And don't say I didn't warn you:
credits: DC
And more picspam is right here, one click away

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Oct 17th, '10, 19:29

The most hilarious scenes in this drama are the bed scenes. I almost rolled over and died laughing when the handkerchief in JS's mouth fell out when he saw YS spooning SJ. The next morning was even funnier when SJ tried to inconspicuously move away from JS who had inexplicably curled up next to him. And, who can forget that double spooning scene? SJ was terrified when JS spooned him. And JS almost died of nervousness when YS spooned him.
sansukini wrote:Image
Blinkey's sister will marry Yongha. Did you not see the luv luv signs when they shared that horse ride?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 17th, '10, 20:30

Yess, the scene where JS cuddled up on SJ side.. hehe... I had such great laugh!

Judging from the chart, she will develop a love interest toward Yongha. He also is serious around her, but... but... What does it take to realize a guy is not into you completely? I mean, SJ gave I think all the signs he could, except for the verbal ones, and she still clings onto him. But as I said, I can understand her somehow.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 17th, '10, 22:37

poor poor YongHa :-( what the poor guy has done to deserve such an ending? and this girl, :crazy: , does she have any morals? if is not SJ then YongHa would do. :glare:
i am disliking the silly girl to the maximum.

forgot to say, JS is CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE :P (just to add some kyaaing, we need a little :mrgreen: )

aility

Post by aility » Oct 17th, '10, 22:48

How can Blinky's sister even be a match to Yongha...? I would rather him and JS to pair up then!! BROMANCE all the way, I say! :mrgreen:

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 17th, '10, 22:58

aility wrote:How can Blinky's sister even be a match to Yongha...? I would rather him and JS to pair up then!! BROMANCE all the way, I say! :mrgreen:
first time i saw her, i thought that she wound be an interesting character to watch. the one the will keep YS/YH on her toes. but she just got silly and sillier with each ep now i can't stand her at all. she seemed a clever girl at first. maybe that's why they say love is blind.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Oct 18th, '10, 01:49

She is the spokeswoman for selective blindness. She sees only what she wants to see. And that girl saw SJ's SOS when he was lost in YS aura. She will make a great wife someday :thumleft:

And that lucky guy will be Yongha. So let's enjoy Yongha while he is still a free man.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 18th, '10, 04:19

Well, the silly girl and Yongha kinda suit together. She's faking around SJ, she tries to be well mannered, polite and obedient girl, and we know she's not like this. Maybe Yongha behavior can somehow free her?

Anywho, Issy: about the thread: be my guest, love. There is no thread like this, so you can start, it's Korean section, no one has the authority to remove it! I will keep it here.

Ah, just get over with work, come home and... :wub: :mrgreen:

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 18th, '10, 05:31

:scratch: :blink :scratch: errrrrr, which thread e-chan?
Did I write something in my sleep last night and I don't know? The only thing I can think of is about removing so of repeated and similar ones in other thread but not making a new one
:mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 18th, '10, 09:17

No? I thought you wanted to create a new thread, but maybe I misread. After all waking up at 5 am and going to work is not that good for the brain. Now I have my 15 minutes break^^
Be right back in 4 hours!

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 18th, '10, 09:19

Ethlenn wrote:No? I thought you wanted to create a new thread, but maybe I misread. After all waking up at 5 am and going to work is not that good for the brain. Now I have my 15 minutes break^^
Be right back in 4 hours!
:lol it's ok. but you just made me think of one thread now :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 18th, '10, 13:14

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Song Joong-ki said, "I want Yoo Ah-in's lips" :rofl: :rofl:
Yeah, who doesn't??
Song Joong-ki, who has an appearance that attracts every girl and has great acting skills, also has a complex like everybody else.

During KBS 2TV 'Entertainment Weekly', Song Joong-ki, who is well known for playing Goo Yong-ha in 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal', confessed, “I want Yoo Ah-in's lips, not in sexual way though.”

Song Joong-ki said, “My complex is my lips. I occasionally saw Yoo Ah-in's lips during the shooting of 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal', and I really envy these lips.”

On the other hand, he also surprised everybody by revealing that he always cry when he drinks.
hancinema
Last edited by Ethlenn on Oct 18th, '10, 14:37, edited 2 times in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 18th, '10, 13:19

:lol i see no fault in his lips. they are perfectly FINE. so SJK, what kind of weird complex is this? but then again, comparing with YAI's lips :P maybe true.

what did i say E-chan? remember that BTS caps with SJK staring at YAI. :lol

gosh, the mind is going to other places that never been :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 18th, '10, 13:22

Oh, my mind is in the gutter for some time already. It even rents a flat there, I don't mind...

But then, YAI's lips are really, really enticing...

So, if anyone wants the interview, I cut it and it's for download here.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 18th, '10, 16:15

watching ep15, OMG, OMG, OOOOH MY GOD
is blinky telling them to take off their cloths to check who is wounded to find out identity of HBS???
is YongHa agreeing with blinky just to make him do the apposite? :O
and blinky's eyes are so red. someone should tell him that it's good for eyes to blink. or to teach him how to blink

back to ep15 :thumright:

edit: who is the good looking guy (beautiful eyes) sitting next to blinky? :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 18th, '10, 18:19

In Blinky's face!! Ahahaha!!! Just admire SJ's resolve and calmness, ahaha!! :wub: Even Yongha was impressed.
Yongha was teasing Blinky, saying OK, go on with your ridiculous suspicions and SJ will probably make a bigger douche out of you. His face said it all.

So we will get more love-teasing^^ in the next episode. And more Yongha planning. I'm not sure if he does it for fun or he really cares for the feeling between SJ and YS/YH.
And SJ forgot in all his elation and dizzyness about his father and one stupid girl that won't let him out that easily. Plus Blinky who is dripping with hatred.

I'm not sure how the scene of the confession at the market was written in the books, but here it was just beautiful, true and honest.

And I liked the mindless SJ. It's so out of him...

And I feel sorry for JS. He sees this all and can't do nothing more. He's one step behind. Not that much, but when dealing with feelings, a huge distance.
Have no idea, saw him earlier, but somehow didn't pay much attention. He's kind of students spokeperson?
She's so sweet^^
Last edited by Ethlenn on Oct 18th, '10, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 18th, '10, 19:31

Poor JS has realised who YH loves and even teasing her by saying CS name way before he knew that he is actually in love with her himself. My heart truly aches for him to the extent of not jumping for joy with everything happened today. Sorry E-chan
This is silly because I knew from the start that JS would be the heart broken one. :-(

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 18th, '10, 19:42

Oh, I know Issy, love, I know... I feel sorry for JS as well, because it really hurts to see the person you love so wholeheartedly devoted to another.

But I'm hopelessly on SJ's side, and I'm glad we can meet on different sides. I guess we are always like this, with Chuno it was the same situation. Let's hope we can watch another drama together like this and be on the same side, hehe...

Blinky, I started to feel sorry for him as well. But it doesn't come from the empathy but from the consciousness. Blinky is a wicked, black-hearted person who shows sometimes that he could be different. It is perhaps the matter of the upbringing, but SJ was also growing up under his Devil father wings, and this Devil hoped that his son would become another soulless, obedient official. Now, his quiet son went on the full war against him.
Blinky, on the other hand, is sinking in his own dark side, in his hatred.
The difference is that SJ had the chance to meet YS and Blinky didn't have. His every approach towards Chosun was made in a very bad way. he showed not a man under this hat, but a son of the Minister, his status. This is the difference. SJ came to the thinking of his status as something important in yangban society, but not the most important thing in life. Blinky still clings onto power.

And I would like to see more JS and his father interactions. It is a little neglected in my opinion, but maybe when the heart situation between SJ and YH (Yoonhee, not Yongha) calms down, we will get to see another characters in different light. I would even sacrifice the screen time, if the need be.
I'm a reasonable person...

And
I just loved how Professor Jung saw through SJ's plan. Haha, this man is truly remarkable. Now, all they need is to find Red Book (or whatever it is called). Jalgeum Quartet - Aja!

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 18th, '10, 20:01

So true. Another case of chuno happening here. It's seems that we always end up on the different sides when it comes to choosing our favourite character. Maybe with Mary . . .
:whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 18th, '10, 20:05

Don't even mention that drama! I'm already sad that it's only 5 episodes left :cry:
But maybe it will be the first drama that can unite us, hehe... :twisted:

I posted 720 version in Ep 15 thread^^ for you.

But you know, in Chuno it was your guy that ended up with the girl... hehe.
So I'm having my payback!

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Oct 18th, '10, 20:10

I'm finally done with the two episode since I'm holding out myself from watching SKKS until I finish Personal Taste, which btw is a very lovely Kdrama.

Now back to episode 13 and 14, I have so many thoughts in rising regarding these two episodes. Who would have thought it was going to be packed with so much revelation and question at the same time? Adding up the "scandal" on episode 14.

:whistling:

spoiler start...

First off is SJ needs to get his act up and be a man, but his uncharacteristic actions like asking blinky's sister (pardon me for using that name, you guys have inflicted me with it ^_^v) to marry him is against his better judgement, which shows that he is coping up to his own feelings towards YS. (coping up with it very badly) It's also not helping him that YS told SJ, "Do you believe that Geol Oh and I are in that kind of relationship? I am man! How could I have feelings for someone who is also a man?" the statement clearly says that it is impossible for men to be together as lovers which is like slashing SJ in the face and putting salt in it with the thoughts that YS could be lying.

Aaahhhh... at least this story line does not involve a cafe worker who is pretending to be a man and inflicting internal conflict to a male manager... Coffee? anyone? :D

I'm going to some scenes for further elaboration.

YH and JS's relationship isn't ordinary as it was already clearly emphasized a couple of episodes ago, but what is this VERY weird feeling i get from YH. There are also a couple of hints thrown here and there but i don't want to believe it and yet it is troubling me so much it sucks to think about it.

Here you could see that JS was really determined to meet the fake Hong Byuk Seo and then again Yong Ha is way ahead of him. we all know how the guy could be so cunning when it comes to stuff like this... but tears? Not to forget the punch in JS face.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Joong Ki's tears... but what does it mean in this episode? why is he being too emotional and why is he lurking around JS since they were kids? I have this feeling about him, getting in with the ladies and reading porn is all a front to keep his image as a man intact when in some possible way, he has some hidden affections towards his long time friend and that's not in just a brotherly manner. If i could remember, he did tell JH once that its not wrong to love someone, no matter who they are. I wonder if YH was telling that to himself instead to JH. Or maybe i'm just over analyzing things too much.
:scratch:

This one just weirded me out...

I can't help but find this really cute. I love the moments that both YS and JS spend together, though I know it is very short lived since they aren't really meant to be... still. I'm savoring the feeling while it lasts.

Like this one. Though I have a teensy comment regarding this. They are already being rumored to be homosexuals and yet they still hang out like this... it's just ironic.

then here comes one of my favorite revelations. Why is Cho Sun doing everything for the minister of defense? and how could a gaeseng that hot be a bad ass in martial arts and a killer? I find this information very much interesting. *doing the Yong Ha grin*

here, i couldn't help but feel that SJ was being a peeping tom! LOL. I just find his sneaking around a bit... funny.

and of course that priceless SHOCKED look on his face. The first thought that ran through my mind when i saw this scene was, what could SJ have been thinking? i made a dialog for this in my head.

SJ: I should have known earlier that KYS was that kind of man, then i wouldn't be suffering this much anymore!

or something like this.

SJ: What the hell?!? That should be me!!!

:roll I am really having fun with his thoughts because of this. ^_^v

Lastly this professor. >_<
I love how he observes the 4 and at the same time tries to protect them from the clutches of Blinky. The fatherly image towards Yoon Hee is also so strong I couldn't help but like him as a good guardian.

I'm throwing in one last thing...
can't wait for this to happen!!!
Last edited by biniBningPunkista on Oct 18th, '10, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 18th, '10, 20:16

Who is JH?
You mean SJ, right? Cause I'm confused, I know you are referring to Seonjun, but JH??

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Oct 18th, '10, 20:23

Ethlenn wrote:Who is JH?
You mean SJ, right? Cause I'm confused, I know you are referring to Seonjun, but JH??
gad.. i am that sleepy. i meant SJ! where did JH come from? :glare: i'm editing that.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 18th, '10, 20:34

Yongha said it himself that he had crush on Jaeshin. And they are not childhood friends. Confucian schools in Joseon were educating kids from the little, so they met in SKK. And Yongha's been following him ever since.
Not too closely though. Jaeshin has lots of free time to write millions of the red leaflets^^ that Yongha didn't know about.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Oct 18th, '10, 20:55

Ethlenn wrote:Yongha said it himself that he had crush on Jaeshin. And they are not childhood friends. Confucian schools in Joseon were educating kids from the little, so they met in SKK. And Yongha's been following him ever since.
Not too closely though. Jaeshin has lots of free time to write millions of the red leaflets^^ that Yongha didn't know about.
hmmm... do you think this could be in regards with how he wants to hang out with interesting people? the way Yong Ha's character is, makes me really confused. there are times where he is readable but when it comes to Geol Oh and to his "other" activities... i suddenly get confused.
Last edited by biniBningPunkista on Oct 19th, '10, 05:38, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 18th, '10, 21:01

I guess it's the way he was supposed to be.
Yongha has two faces, one - Yongha the playboy - he shows it on everyday basis, but the second, probably his true face he showed in this crying scene, and in few other short moments. He's deeply concerned about Jaeshin and his situation, yet he did nothing during those years. Somehow Yoonshik's coming to SKK triggered this "hidden" Yongha to step up.

He hangs out with "interesting people" but I think it's just an excuse to not getting involved in anything. Up until lately...

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 18th, '10, 21:21

Ethlenn wrote:Don't even mention that drama! I'm already sad that it's only 5 episodes left :cry:
But maybe it will be the first drama that can unite us, hehe... :twisted:

I posted 720 version in Ep 15 thread^^ for you.

But you know, in Chuno it was your guy that ended up with the girl... hehe.
So I'm having my payback!
:P Yess, he did. that's why Chuno is my most favourite drama and not SKKS. :mrgreen:
Thanks a lot for uploading the 720p version darling :salut:

as for YongHa and JS, according to subs, they have been friends for 10 years so i guess they can be counted as childhood friends. and that crying face of YongHa is his true face that he always hides under that playboy mask.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 18th, '10, 21:33

No, they met in SKK, so they are more likely school buddies. They would never met under different circumstances. Yangbans sent their kids to those schools, but they had no chance to play with each other like normal kids do.

Anyway, Yongha resembles Professor Jung in this matter, he can see the true meaning of the words. He saw through SJ's elaborated "punch-in-the-face" that he served to Blinky.

No problems with 720^^

aility

Post by aility » Oct 18th, '10, 22:32

I think YongHa and Jaeshin are childhood friends... YH said in one of the episodes that he has known him for more than 10 years and there is nothing JS can keep away from him. So Ethlenn, REWATCH YOUR EPISODES!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 18th, '10, 22:39

Define "childhood" in Joseon.
They are school friends, not childhood friends. They are in SKK for 10 years, so they know each other from SKK.

But yes, I will rewatch my episodes. With pleasure...

aility

Post by aility » Oct 18th, '10, 22:46

Ok Ethlenn, I guess my definition of childhood friends is if you grew up together. And being friends for more than 10 years does count as childhood friends, despite them knowing each other form SKK? I think the boys are supposed to be below the age of 20, right?

I will also rewatch the episodes, once I have them all!!! muhahaha

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 18th, '10, 22:49

For me "childhood friend" is someone you spend the childhood with. Boys in Joseon didn't have the normal childhood, they didn't run all over the place with sticks and dug the worms out of the soil to throw them on girls. They studied.
I won't call any of my school buddies my childhood friend. Not a one.
Childhood friends evokes some kind of intimacy between kids, like sharing stupid secrets etc.

So yes, they've known each other but not played like normal kids do. Just attended the same school.
Last edited by Ethlenn on Oct 18th, '10, 22:53, edited 1 time in total.

aility

Post by aility » Oct 18th, '10, 22:53

Doesnt it count if you spent your entire childhood in school, that your schoolmates would be your childhood friends? I insist :mrgreen:

And how do you know they did not play together while attending SKK?

Or I just blame on my ignorance on the cultural/historical aspects that I do not comprehend.

Yes, bed...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 18th, '10, 22:57

No, they were my schoolmates, not my friends. I couldn't care less what they were doing during the breaks and between the classes. They didn't care about that either for my part. They were people I spent about 6 hours a day with but without any emotional attachment.

And I will stand by my stance. They didn't spend childhood as friends. They studied together and got accustomed to each other. Yongha maybe developped some crush on Jaeshin, but here it ends. They didn't share a thing.

Sleep, me wants sleep too...

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Oct 19th, '10, 02:36

I wouldn't count my schoolmates as friends either. Certainly not "childhood friends." But JS and YH are definitely buddies. Well not exactly. JS is more of a lone wolf wannabe and YH is his groupie. It may be a bit hard to tell because of how narcissistic YH is.

SJ is surprisingly expressive with his non-expression.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Oct 19th, '10, 05:37

childhood friends or not, 10 years of knowing each other and in Yong Ha's case, following around Jae Shin would have meant something. Since JS lets YH hang around him though he finds it annoying, he still does listens. Like in the earlier episodes when YH was insisting that there was a girl in Sungkyunkyan and he's pestering JS about his hiccups. I believe that they already have that bond and its YH who really cared so much about JS, to think he already knows his penmanship through their 10 years of knowing each other and that he knew what JS was doing and even cried for him and gave him a smack on the face to tell him not to go. what more can I say?

Though i like the thought that YH never really involved himself and only watched at the sidelines until YS came into the picture. it seems like all three men were like that, until YS entered their lives.

I'm really looking forward to episode 15, makes me wonder how they are going to wrap up everything with 5 more episodes left.

aility

Post by aility » Oct 19th, '10, 07:02

well, I will also take my stance in this matter and say that classmates can be your childhoodfriends/friends! I mean, who goes through 10 years of school with the same class without bonding to one person in particular? This is the case with our YH and JS here.
And we still dont know much of Yongha's background as of yet, and I actually doubt that we ever will...

But let's agree on being disagree! Maybe you will know more after you read the book, Ethlenn!! :mrgreen:

As for SJ ,he has these small subtle expressions with his eyes, and mouth! I think he is supposed to be non-expressive and serious! but as the show has progressed, he has discovered more and more about himself and his heart, and I think Yoonchun has done a quite good job portraying that! Especially this frustration, jealousy and confusion :D

I cannot wait for Ep.16, and the subs... SUBS....

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 19th, '10, 08:24

Yes, I would like to see Yongha's background. We got to see everyone's but not his.

After the preview, I'm at ease about the pacing of this drama. Nothing seems rushed yet, nothing forced. Everything is just happening at its own tempo. I hope they will keep it up till the end.
Oh gods, I feel there will be another huge article on this drama as the one on QSD. I just have so many thoughts and doubts and hints and allusions....Aigoo...

I will start on the book on Thursday^^

And yes, let's agree on disagreeing.

Fan(girls?) of Mary started to hijack 성스 SeongSeu (abbrev. used by Korean fans for SKKS) thread. Aisssh, there will be blood!
credits: on the pictures and DC
And on the happy side!
Rating went up! SKKS went up!
Nationwide: 13%
Seoul 13%
That makes number 6 on the charts!! (5th if we count only dramas^^)